时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | State your names for the record, please. | 请说出你的姓名以作正式记录 |
[00:08] | Hank Gillis, test pilot. | 汉克吉利斯 试飞员 |
[00:10] | Arthur Conway. Air traffic control tower. | 亚瑟康威 航空管制塔人员 |
[00:13] | And it’s your belief that the sealant we used here | 你们认为我们使用的密封剂 |
[00:16] | is causing adverse health effects. | 对健康造成不利影响 |
[00:19] | Yes. That’s why we’re here. | 对 所以我们才来这里 |
[00:26] | They were whistleblowers. | 他们是吹哨人 |
[00:27] | They wanted to warn people about what Strata was doing. | 他们想提醒民众斯特拉塔在做什么 |
[00:30] | You mean like us? | 你的意思是和我们一样 |
[00:33] | And I think that’s why Strata went after them. | 我认为这是斯特拉塔对他们下手的原因 |
[00:36] | I think that’s why someone damaged Hank’s plane. | 这也能解释为什么汉克的飞机被毁 |
[00:39] | Wait, do you guys think they killed Sam’s dad? | 等等 你们觉得他们杀了山姆的爸爸 |
[00:44] | It’s getting hot in here. I’m sweaty. Are you guys sweaty? | 这里好热 我出汗了 你们没出汗吗 |
[00:48] | We can’t prove that though. | 但我们无法证明这点 |
[00:49] | Yeah, because it’s all circumstantial. | 对 因为这些都是间接证据 |
[00:52] | Great word. Are you guys seeing stars? ‘Cause I’m seeing stars. | 这个词很高深 你们眼冒金星了吗 因为我眼冒金星了 |
[00:56] | But we can prove that Strata knew about the cadmium. | 但我们能证明斯特拉塔知道镉的事 |
[01:00] | So they knew it was dangerous, and then they just decided to cover it up. | 所以他们知道那很危险 却决定隐瞒真相 |
[01:04] | And now their workers, people like my Pop-Pop, | 结果他们的工人 比如我爷爷 |
[01:07] | are sick and suffering because of them. | 因为他们而生病和受罪 |
[01:11] | That’s our story. | 这就是我们的报道 |
[01:13] | You’re right. We’re gonna blow this thing wide open. | 没错 我们要让所有人都知道 |
[01:16] | They have no idea what’s about to hit them. | 让他们措手不及 |
[01:58] | -Hey. Thanks for coming. -Hey. | -嗨 多谢你们过来 -嗨 |
[02:00] | Girl, I know you got that e-mail too. | 姑娘 我也知道你也收到了那封电邮 |
[02:02] | I did. That video is pretty damning. | 是的 那个视频是确凿证据 |
[02:04] | Yeah. Let’s hope it damns them straight to– | 对 希望足以让他们一路下… |
[02:07] | -Daddy. -All right. | -爸爸 -好吧 |
[02:09] | -Now, will it hold up in court? -Have a seat. | -在法庭上会视为有效证据吗 -请坐 |
[02:12] | Do you think we could use it to build a case against them? | 能据此对他们立案吗 |
[02:14] | Yeah, that’s what we’re hoping. | 是 这是我们希望的 |
[02:16] | I mean, the guys Syl used to fish with, they’re all… | 席尔旧日的钓友们都… |
[02:19] | Dead. | 死了 |
[02:20] | -Dead men can’t tell tales. -Yeah. | -死人无法说话 -对 |
[02:22] | Matt’s been trying to hunt down anyone who used to work with Syl at the factory. | 马特一直想找到 从前和席尔一起在工厂共事的所有人 |
[02:25] | If enough people come forward, | 如果站出来的人够多 |
[02:27] | then maybe we can file a class action against Strata. | 也许我们能对斯特拉塔提出集体诉讼 |
[02:29] | It’s one thing for them to, you know, come after our family or yours, but– | 他们针对我们家或你们家是一回事 但… |
[02:33] | But if the whole community stands up to them– | 但如果整个社区都反抗他们… |
[02:35] | They’d crumble. | 他们会倒下 |
[02:37] | Yeah, Terry Weaver moved out of state a few years ago. | 是 泰瑞威弗几年前搬到外州了 |
[02:40] | I can get his new address for you. | 我可以把他的新地址给你 |
[02:44] | Strata made a powerful enemy when they went after you, | 斯特拉塔决定找你麻烦时 为自己树了一位厉害的敌人 |
[02:46] | didn’t they, Daddy? | 对不对 爸爸 |
[02:48] | Well, our family’s been here just as long as theirs has. | 我们家在这镇上的历史和他们家一样长 |
[02:51] | Yep. | 对 |
[02:52] | Look, Frank and I are working on this, too, down at the station. | 听着 弗兰克和我也在警局调查这件事 |
[02:56] | -If we find anything, I will let you know. -Thank you, Sheriff. | -要是发现什么信息会告诉你们的 -谢谢 警长 |
[02:59] | I got us, girl. | 别担心 姑娘 |
[03:02] | I’m gonna take this. I’ll be right out. | 我得接电话 我就在外面接 |
[03:29] | Hey, Pop? | 嘿 爸 |
[03:31] | I got a little surprise for you. | 我给你准备了一个小惊喜 |
[03:36] | Yeah. It’s kinda stupid, but I think you’re gonna love it. | 对 其实挺傻的 但我觉得你会很喜欢 |
[03:44] | Hey, Pop? | 嘿 爸 |
[04:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:19] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对… |
[04:27] | Yeah, it’s okay. It’s okay. I’m right here. | 没事的…我就在你身边 |
[04:34] | I’m right here. | 我就在你身边 |
[04:53] | Dad. | 爸爸 |
[04:55] | Hey, Hilde. Come here. Come here. Look at me. | 嘿 希尔蒂 过来…看着我 |
[04:58] | All right, look at me. | 好 看着我 |
[05:00] | -All right, Pop-Pop– -Yeah. | -是这样 爷爷… -是 |
[05:02] | All right, he’s passed away. | 他走了 |
[05:04] | -Yeah. Yeah, yeah. He’s passed away. -No, no, no, no. | -对…他去世了 -不… |
[05:06] | -No, no, no, no, no! -Okay? Hilde. | -不… -好吗 希尔蒂 |
[05:09] | Look at me. You know what? | 看着我 你知道吗 |
[05:11] | He fell asleep, and he went peacefully, okay? | 他睡着了 他走时很平静 好吗 |
[05:17] | Yeah, he’s gone. He’s gone. | 对 他走了… |
[05:20] | It’s okay. It’s okay. I know, I know. It’s okay. | 没事的…我知道…没事的 |
[05:28] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的… |
[05:31] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[05:35] | I know. I know, I know, I know. | 我懂… |
[05:57] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:00] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[06:02] | He’s just… gone? | 他就这样…走了 |
[06:08] | Come on, let’s go. | 来 我们走 |
[06:13] | Hey. Come here. | 嘿 过来 |
[06:20] | Okay. He… | 好的 他… |
[06:24] | He was happy, you know. | 他走之前很幸福 |
[06:27] | And… | 而且… |
[06:31] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:33] | He loved you. He loved you both. | 他很爱你 他很爱你们俩 |
[06:35] | He loved you kids so much. | 他很爱你们几个孩子 |
[06:39] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[06:41] | He got a chance to love you. | 他有机会爱你们 |
[06:45] | And he wasn’t in any more pain, you know. It’s the best we could’ve asked for. | 他不会再痛苦了 这是我们所希望最好的结果 |
[06:52] | But I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye. | 但我甚至没有机会说再见 |
[06:56] | I know. I know, sweetie. | 我知道…宝贝 |
[06:58] | It’s okay. He’s not alone. He’s in heaven with Walter. | 没关系的 他不孤单 他和沃尔特一起在天堂 |
[07:02] | Remember, Hilde? | 记得吗 希尔蒂 |
[07:07] | Yeah. | 是 |
[07:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:43] | Sorry, Pop-Pop. | 抱歉 爷爷 |
[08:46] | It’s too late. | 太迟了 |
[08:52] | All right, I got it. | 我去开门 |
[08:56] | -Hey. -I take it you are | -嗨 -你们应该是 |
[08:58] | Matthew Lisko and Bridget Jensen? | 马修利西克和布丽吉特詹森 |
[09:00] | -Hi. -I’m looking for Hilde Lisko. | -你好 -我想找希尔蒂利西克 |
[09:04] | Can we ask why? | 能告诉我们原因吗 |
[09:05] | -She’s being served. -Oh, my gosh. | -这是给她的传票 -天啊 |
[09:08] | She’s been served? You’ve gotta be kidding me. She’s a child. | 她被传令上庭 你一定是开玩笑吧 她还是个孩子 |
[09:12] | Here, let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[09:14] | “Strata Tech Industries is seeking an emergency injunction | “斯特拉塔科技公司要求紧急禁令 |
[09:18] | to halt the publication and dissemination of Miss Hilde Lisko’s article.” What the– | 以停止希尔蒂利西克小姐 刊发和传播报道” 怎么… |
[09:23] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[09:27] | I’m sorry, honey, but the court is stopping you from publishing. | 真抱歉 宝贝 法院禁止你发布文章 |
[09:32] | -What? -Yeah, it’s a gag order. | -什么 -对 这是限制言论令 |
[09:35] | It means that Strata doesn’t want anyone to see the whistleblower video. | 意思是斯特拉塔 不希望任何人看到吹哨人视频 |
[09:38] | But don’t worry, okay? | 但不用担心 好吗 |
[09:40] | It’s just until I meet with their lawyers. | 禁令只持续到我和他们的律师见面 |
[09:42] | -We’re gonna fix this. -So, no more stories about Strata? | -我们会解决这个问题的 -所以不能发斯特拉塔相关的报道了 |
[09:45] | For right now, no more stories about anything. | 目前暂时不能发布任何报道 |
[09:49] | Well, can they do that? | 他们能这么做 |
[09:54] | -I know, sweetie. -Honey… | -我知道 亲爱的 -宝贝 |
[10:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[10:03] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[10:04] | Hilde. | 希尔蒂 |
[10:24] | Is everything okay? I didn’t think you’d wanna meet up right now, you know– | 一切还好吗 我以为你现在不想见人… |
[10:28] | You know, because of everything that happened with your grandpa. | 因为你爷爷的事 |
[10:32] | I don’t wanna talk about it. Can we just work? | 我不想谈那个 我们能直接工作吗 |
[10:48] | No. | 不 |
[10:58] | Oh, my God. Look. | 天啊 快看 |
[11:08] | Strata did this. They ruined everything. | 这是斯特拉塔干的 他们毁了一切 |
[11:12] | Are you sure it was them? | 你确定是他们 |
[11:14] | Yeah. We never lock the door. We can’t prove that. | 对 我们从不锁门 无法证明是他们 |
[11:17] | Donny, I need you to take photos of this with your phone. | 唐尼 请用你的手机给这里拍照 |
[11:21] | We’re gonna send out an e-mail blast to all our subscribers. | 我们要给所有订阅人群发邮件 |
[11:35] | What’s this? What’s happening? | 怎么回事 发生了什么 |
[11:38] | Maybe the Wi-Fi is down. | 也许无线网出故障了 |
[11:40] | No, it’s not the Wi-Fi. They blocked our website. | 不 这不是无线网的问题 他们封锁了我们的网站 |
[11:43] | -For legal reasons. -It’s all gone. | -因为法律原因 -一切都没了 |
[11:47] | Everything that we’ve worked for. | 我们过去的所有心血 |
[12:03] | Guys, don’t even bother. | 两位 别麻烦了 |
[12:07] | Look, I know I can’t fix everything, but I can fix this. | 听我说 我知道我不能解决一切问题 但我能解决这个 |
[12:12] | Yeah, I’ve been wanting to do a deep clean of this place anyways. | 对 反正我一直都想好好清理这里 |
[12:15] | I’ll go get some trash bags. | 我去拿点垃圾袋 |
[12:16] | -They’re in my– -Work go bag. I know. | -在我的… -应急包里 我知道 |
[12:21] | You just get me. | 你最懂我 |
[12:42] | Hey, Matt. You don’t have to do this right now. | 嘿 马特 你不用现在做这些 |
[12:48] | You know, he spent his whole life in this town, Bridge. | 他一辈子都住在这个镇上 布丽吉 |
[12:54] | Forty years in this house. | 在这个房子里住了40年 |
[12:59] | Forty years. Can you believe that? | 40年 你能相信吗 |
[13:03] | -Yeah. -You remember when he first got sick, | -是啊 -你记得吗 他刚生病时 |
[13:06] | we tried to convince him to come stay with us in New York? | 我们试图说服他搬到纽约和我们一起住 |
[13:10] | And he just flat refused. | 而他直接拒绝了 |
[13:15] | Yeah, he wouldn’t even consider it. | 对 他根本不会考虑搬走 |
[13:17] | You know, he loved this town. | 他深爱这个镇子 |
[13:25] | This town poisoned him, Bridge. | 这个镇子却毒死了他 布丽吉 |
[13:28] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[13:32] | You know, this town took away my dad when I was a kid, | 这个镇在我小时候夺走了我的爸爸 |
[13:36] | and this town has taken him away from me again, | 如今又一次夺走了他 |
[13:40] | you know, at 69 years old. How is that even fair? | 他才69岁 那公平吗 |
[13:44] | It’s not. | 不公平 |
[13:45] | It was the poison in that spray. | 是喷剂里的毒素 |
[13:47] | That’s why he was confused one minute and then lucid the next. | 所以他才会时而糊涂、时而清醒 |
[13:50] | God, no, he should still be here. | 天啊 他本应活着 |
[13:52] | He should. He should still be here. | 对 他本不应该离世 |
[13:54] | If the people of this town just gave a damn enough | 哪怕这座镇的人稍微关注一下 |
[13:57] | about what Strata was doing, he would still be here. | 斯特拉塔在做的事 他都不会去世 |
[14:01] | -He’d be right here. -Honey. | -他会活着 -亲爱的 |
[14:03] | -Daddy, it’s okay. -No, it’s not okay! | -爸爸 没事的 -不 怎么会没事 |
[14:06] | It’s definitely not okay. | 这事太严重了 |
[14:08] | You know, I should’ve protected you from them. | 我应该保护你不受他们伤害 |
[14:10] | Right? Yeah. Yeah, and I should’ve protected him! | 对吧 是…我应该保护他的 |
[14:20] | Come on. | 来 |
[14:22] | I’m sorry, sweetie. I’m sorry, okay? | 抱歉 亲爱的 对不起 |
[14:26] | There’s a lot going on. | 发生了太多事 |
[14:33] | I thought that maybe I had already written | 我本以为我已经写出 |
[14:36] | the most important story of my life, | 我人生中最重要的一篇报道 |
[14:38] | but this was bigger. | 但这篇文章更加重要 |
[14:42] | I became a reporter because of my dad. | 因为爸爸 我成为一名记者 |
[14:44] | Because he taught me to believe in the power of stories. | 因为他教会我相信新闻报道的力量 |
[14:57] | I believe that when we share our stories, it brings us closer together. | 我相信当人们分享自己的故事时 会拉近彼此的距离 |
[15:03] | And if we’re lucky, they can change the world. | 如果我们足够幸运 这些故事能改变世界 |
[15:08] | Stories help us see the truth and help us remember. | 故事让我们看到真相 帮助我们铭记过去 |
[15:13] | They help us feel like we’re not alone. | 故事让我们感觉自己不是孤单的 |
[15:17] | I knew a great man who worried that his story might never be told, | 我认识一个伟大的人 他担心不会有机会说出自己的故事 |
[15:21] | that maybe it wasn’t important enough. | 认为他的故事可能微不足道 |
[15:27] | But his story was important to me. | 但对我来说 他的故事很重要 |
[15:32] | Sylvester Lisko was my grandfather. | 席尔维斯特利西克是我的爷爷 |
[15:36] | He was a husband and a father and a friend, | 他是一位丈夫、父亲和挚友 |
[15:40] | and he cared about his community. | 他关心这个社区 |
[15:43] | Apparently, he was also a pretty good softball coach, | 据说他也是一位很厉害的垒球教练 |
[15:47] | which none of us ever knew. | 但我们过去并不知道 |
[15:49] | These facts tell you about what he did. | 这些细节让你们知道他曾做过的事 |
[15:54] | But they don’t tell you about what kind of person he chose to be. | 但这些细节不能告诉 你他选择成为什么样的人 |
[16:06] | My Pop-Pop could be stubborn. | 我的爷爷有时很固执 |
[16:09] | I think I got that from him, but he could also admit when he was wrong. | 这一点他遗传给了我 但他也敢于承认自己的错误 |
[16:15] | He knew when to listen and when to act | 他知道什么时候该聆听 什么时候该行动 |
[16:19] | and how to be a friend to anyone in need. | 如何向处于困境中的人伸出援手 |
[16:23] | He helped me see that family isn’t just the people you’re born to. | 他让我明白家庭不只是用血缘维系的人 |
[16:28] | It’s also the people you choose… | 同时也是你选择的人 |
[16:32] | the people you do your whole life with. | 那些与你共度一生的人 |
[16:38] | You choose those people | 你选择了这些人 |
[16:40] | because you believe in the same thing, | 因为你们都相信同样的事情 |
[16:44] | and you fight the same fights. | 因为你们会并肩作战 |
[16:48] | My Pop-Pop made me feel brave. | 我的爷爷让我感受到勇气 |
[16:51] | He made me wanna stand up and do the right thing. | 他让我敢于挺身而出 做正确的事 |
[16:57] | There’s a lot I never knew about my Pop-Pop. | 关于爷爷 有许多我不知道的事 |
[17:02] | But when we finally came home, he acted like we’d never been gone. | 但当我们终于回到家时 他让我们觉得自己从未离开过 |
[17:12] | And maybe it was because he was losing his memory, but… | 也许是因为他失去了部分记忆 但… |
[17:18] | I hope it’s because he forgave us for staying away so long. | 我希望是因为他已经原谅我们离开这么久 |
[17:26] | Yeah, I know my dad would have loved that we’re all here together, | 是 我知道今天我们齐聚在这里 我爸一定会很开心 |
[17:31] | so thank you for that. | 所以谢谢大家来这里 |
[17:33] | And yeah, I think more than anything, this is exactly what he would’ve wanted. | 我觉得最重要的是 这正是他希望看到的 |
[17:38] | So, thanks again for that. | 所以再次感谢你们 |
[17:57] | Your life was the biggest. | 你的人生是最重要的 |
[18:19] | Will Strata ever pay for what they did? | 斯特拉塔会为了他们的行为付出代价吗 |
[18:23] | You know, I… I don’t know, sweetie, I really don’t. | 我…不知道 亲爱的 真的不知道 |
[18:30] | Hey, but you know what I do know? | 嘿 但你知道吗 |
[18:32] | Is that we are not gonna give up without a fight, okay? | 我知道我们不会不战而降的 好吗 |
[18:38] | I know I couldn’t save Pop-Pop, but… | 我知道我无法救爷爷 但… |
[18:42] | all I wanted was for the world to know the truth about what happened to him | 我只希望世界知道发生在他身上的事 |
[18:46] | and the other workers at Strata. | 还有斯特拉塔其他工人的事 |
[18:48] | I want to keep going for him. | 我想为了他继续报道下去 |
[18:52] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:55] | Look, you still have your paper. I mean, not right now, but… | 你还有你的报纸 虽然现在没了 但… |
[19:01] | you know no one can tell you to stop writing, right? | 没有人能阻止你写文章 你明白吗 |
[19:05] | Yeah, we’ll figure something out. | 是 我们会想到办法的 |
[19:08] | How? | 怎么做到呢 |
[19:09] | Well, like we always do. You know, like a family. | 就像我们以前那样 全家齐心协力 |
[19:18] | Remember those family newsletters I used to make for Pop-Pop | 记得以前我为爷爷做的那些家庭简报吗 |
[19:21] | to mail to him every New Year? | 每个新年都寄给他的那些 |
[19:23] | Yeah, of course. Yeah. | 当然记得 |
[19:25] | You took ages figuring out the margins and all that stuff. | 你每次都花好长时间排版 |
[19:28] | Well, I can’t use my website, but what if I make a newsletter? | 我的网站不能用了 但是我能做简报 |
[19:34] | You know, a special edition just for this story. | 专门为这个报道编写一期特别简报 |
[19:37] | Well, the court order only applied to The Magic Hour Chronicle, | 法院禁令只是针对《魔法时光纪事》 |
[19:41] | so I think as long as it’s not under that name, | 所以只要不用那个名字 |
[19:45] | then hard copies of your article could just sort of, you know, show up. | 你大可以将文章印出来 |
[19:51] | What? I’m, like, your associate or whatever. | 干嘛 毕竟我是你的助理律师什么的 |
[19:54] | I know stuff. | 我还是懂一些东西的 |
[19:55] | Intern. But maybe I should give you a raise. | 你是实习生 但也许我该给你加薪了 |
[19:59] | Yeah, well, you did say girls undervalue themselves at work, so… | 好吧 是你说 女性在职场总是自我贬低身价 |
[20:03] | No, you know what? That’s good. I mean, that’s right. | 其实…你说得还真对 没错 |
[20:07] | No, really, we should do this, right? Yeah, Hilde, go get your computer. | 不 真的 我们就这么做 好吗 对 希尔蒂 去拿你的电脑 |
[20:11] | Izzy, can you grab us some paper and get some pens and stuff? | 伊兹 你能拿点纸和笔吗 |
[20:15] | Ginny, you wanna get your crayons? Yeah, you wanna grab something? | 金妮 能把你的蜡笔拿来吗 对 随便拿点 好吗 |
[20:18] | Let’s get the printer set up. Let’s start making this happen. | 把打印机设置好 开始干活 |
[20:20] | Step right up. Read all about it. | 快来 一定要读一读 |
[20:22] | Strata’s putting Erie Harbor in danger, and your family might be at risk. | 斯特拉塔给伊利港带来危险 你的家人可能面临风险 |
[20:26] | There’s also horoscopes on page 2 if that’s more your thing. | 如果你不感兴趣 第2页也有占星术相关内容 |
[20:30] | What? I’m trying to get people in the door. | 怎么了 我想吸引读者 |
[20:32] | -Hey, Izzy. -Hey. | -嗨 伊兹 -嗨 |
[20:33] | You should read this. | 你应该读一读这个 |
[20:35] | And please tell other people to read it too. | 请让其他人也读一读 |
[20:37] | Okay, wait, are you sure you should be handing these out? | 好的 等等 你确定你要派发这个 |
[20:39] | I mean, isn’t Strata coming after your family for everything they have? | 斯特拉塔不是正奋力阻止你们吗 |
[20:42] | Well, yeah, but, I mean, we talked about it, | 确实 但 我们聊了聊 |
[20:45] | and the only thing we ever really cared about | 我们之前唯一在意的 |
[20:47] | was losing my grandfather. | 就是失去我爷爷 |
[20:48] | Now that he’s gone, I mean, this is what he would’ve wanted. | 现在他走了 如果他在世 他一定希望我们这么做 |
[20:52] | -He deserves to have his story told. -Wait, what? | -应该让人们听到他的故事 -等等 什么 |
[20:54] | Did you say your parents sat you down | 你的意思是你和父母和你促膝长谈 |
[20:56] | and discussed whether or not you should fight an evil corporation? | 讨论是否要反抗一家邪恶的企业 |
[20:59] | I mean, yeah. I guess. | 对 可以这么说吧 |
[21:02] | Dude, I wish my parents were more like yours. | 姐妹 真希望我父母和你的一样 |
[21:04] | I wish they cared enough to just do something important in the world. | 要是他们更关注社会 愿意做点实事就好了 |
[21:07] | Yeah, well, | 这个嘛 |
[21:08] | if there’s anything Hilde’s taught me in her insane, backwards way, it’s that… | 要说希尔蒂以她疯狂、独特的方式 教会了我什么 |
[21:14] | you can’t wait for the adults to do something. | 那就是你不能干等着大人行动 |
[21:17] | Give me the whole stack. Thank you. | 把一整叠都给我吧 谢谢 |
[21:30] | This injunction is nothing more than an attempt to | 这个禁令仅仅是为了 |
[21:34] | censor, intimidate and silence Strata’s critics. | 对批评斯特拉塔的声音 进行审查、恐吓、使其噤声 |
[21:43] | Yeah. | 好 |
[21:46] | This injunction is nothing more than an attempt to | 这个禁令仅仅是为了 |
[21:48] | censor, intimidate and silence Strata’s critics. | 对批评斯特拉塔的声音 进行审查、恐吓、使其噤声 |
[22:14] | Ms. Jensen. | 詹森女士 |
[22:16] | Always a pleasure. | 见到你总是很开心 |
[22:37] | And what are reflexes? | 反射作用是什么 |
[22:38] | They are defined as involuntary actions or movements | 它的定义是刺激作用引起的 |
[22:41] | that occur in response to a stimulus. | 一种非自主行为或动作 |
[22:45] | So when you inhale… | 所以当你吸入… |
[23:01] | -I just hope nothing weird happens today. -Is this true? | -只希望今天不会发生什么怪事 -这是真的吗 |
[23:04] | Yeah. Strata poisoned their workers. | 是的 斯特拉塔造成工人中毒 |
[23:07] | And we think that my grandfather might have died from the exposure. | 我们认为我爷爷也许是因为中毒去世的 |
[23:10] | That’s so messed up. | 这太糟糕了 |
[23:12] | You’re leading the walkout, right? | 你会带头旷课 是吗 |
[23:15] | Izzy Lisko, please report to Principal Collins’s office. | 伊兹利西克 请去科林斯校长的办公室 |
[23:22] | What was that about? | 怎么回事 |
[23:24] | It’s protected speech. She provides her source. You. | 这是受保护言论 她提供了信息来源:你 |
[23:28] | The evidence is right there in the deposition video. | 证言视频就是证据 |
[23:30] | That video was taken completely out of context. | 那个视频完全是断章取义 |
[23:32] | But that didn’t stop your daughter from using it | 但你的女儿仍然用它 |
[23:35] | to try and drum up clicks for her little blog. | 为她的小博客吸引浏览量 |
[23:37] | I’m sorry, do you mean to tell me you plan to sue my daughter? | 不好意思 你是说你打算起诉我女儿 |
[23:41] | For what? Defamation? Libel? | 罪名是什么 诋毁 污蔑 |
[23:44] | She’s the one who wants to be taken seriously as a journalist. | 毕竟她希望人们把她当作真正的记者 |
[23:48] | Look, you can surmise why we’re all really here. | 听着 你应该能猜到 我们今天为什么来这里 |
[23:52] | We want a quick and easy end to all this. | 我们想用快速、简单的方式解决这一切 |
[23:55] | Private settlement. Name your price. This can all go away. | 私下和解 你随便出价 这一切都可以结束 |
[24:13] | It’s “effect,” not “affect.” | 是“影响” 不是“印象” |
[24:18] | Is this about the school walkout? Are we in trouble? | 这和旷课抗议有关吗 我们有麻烦了吗 |
[24:20] | I did get a few concerned phone calls. | 确实有一些人打电话表达担忧 |
[24:24] | Word travels fast around here. Sit. | 这里的消息传得很快 坐吧 |
[24:31] | If students miss class, I will have to discipline them. | 如果学生旷课 我必须训导他们 |
[24:34] | It’s school policy. | 这是学校政策 |
[24:35] | People only care because it’s making Strata look bad. | 人们有意见是因为 这会影响斯特拉塔的名声 |
[24:38] | They’re a big deal in this town. | 他们是这个镇子的大人物 |
[24:41] | People get very defensive. They like things the way they are. | 这会激起人们的防备心 他们喜欢事物保持原样 |
[24:46] | Okay, well, I just don’t understand that, okay? | 好吧 我就是不懂这点 好吗 |
[24:48] | They should want things to be better. It’s bull. | 他们应该希望越变越好 这是狗… |
[24:53] | It’s wrong. | 这是错的 |
[24:57] | I don’t disagree with you. | 我觉得你不无道理 |
[24:59] | But the rules are the rules. | 但规则就是规则 |
[25:07] | Of course, if more students were to walk out at the same time, | 当然了 如果有更多学生同时旷课抗议 |
[25:11] | I can’t suspend everyone, can I? | 我不可能让所有人都停学 对吧 |
[25:16] | Thanks, Principal Collins. | 谢谢你 科林斯校长 |
[25:18] | For what? | 谢什么 |
[25:26] | So, financial crises like the panic of 1873, | 所以像1873年大恐慌这样的金融危机 |
[25:30] | it caused the prices of agricultural products to tank. | 导致农产品价格大跌 |
[25:33] | So farmers who found themselves in a state of economic crisis | 农民们陷入经济危机 |
[25:37] | decided that it was very necessary to start what’s called the Populist Party | 决定有必要成立人民党 |
[25:41] | to protect their collective interests. | 以保护他们共同的利益 |
[25:43] | If you’ll please open your textbooks to page 78, | 请把教科书翻到第78页 |
[25:46] | you’ll see that many of the social movements of this era | 你会看到这一时期的许多社会运动 |
[25:49] | arose from this widespread wealth of inequality. | 都源自财富不均现象的广泛存在 |
[25:53] | And in fact, it also came to be known as what’s called the Progressive Era. | 事实上 这一时期 后来被称为“进步时代” |
[26:02] | Ms. Lisko? | 利西克同学 |
[26:05] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[26:07] | You got this. | 你能行的 |
[26:13] | Yeah. Something’s very wrong. | 对 发生了非常严重的问题 |
[26:18] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[26:20] | Wait. What’s going on? Where are you going? | 等等 怎么回事 你们去哪 |
[26:24] | Class is not dismissed yet. Have a seat, sir. | 还没下课 请坐 同学 |
[26:28] | Really? | 当真 |
[26:56] | -You should say something. -What? No. | -你应该说点什么 -什么 不 |
[26:59] | -Should I? -I mean, yeah. | -我要说吗 -是啊 |
[27:02] | This is, like, the entire school. And they all came out because of you. | 全校人都来了 他们是因为你来的 |
[27:10] | Hey. What kind of woman do you wanna be? | 嘿 你想成为什么样的女性 |
[27:30] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[27:33] | Yeah, so, thank you all for doing this. | 好的 谢谢你们这样做 |
[27:37] | I know it… | 我知道… |
[27:40] | I know it was risky for you all to just, you know, leave class. | 我知道你们这样旷课是有危险的 |
[27:45] | -Yeah… -Are you gonna say something? | -对… -你会说点什么吗 |
[27:47] | -…you know… -Nah. This is Izzy’s thing. | -你们知道… -不 这是伊兹的时刻 |
[27:50] | …in the middle of the day and all, so thank you for that. | 在上课期间出来 所以谢谢你们 |
[27:55] | Did I already say thank you? Yeah, so… | 我已经说了谢谢吗 对 所以… |
[28:08] | Who here is tired of being lied to by adults? | 这里有谁受够了大人们的谎言 |
[28:17] | Me. | 我 |
[28:20] | Tired of being talked down to, all because we’re– | 受够了大人们高高在上的说教 只因为我们… |
[28:24] | we’re, what, too young to understand? | 太年轻 所以不懂 |
[28:28] | Who’s tired of hearing that you don’t know what you’re talking about? | 谁不想再听他们说 你不知道自己在说什么 |
[28:33] | You know, they say, | 他们说… |
[28:35] | “What do you know about climate change or injustice?” | “你对气候变化或社会不公 能有什么了解 ” |
[28:40] | Yeah, well, I’ll tell you what we know. We know what we see. | 行 我来告诉你我们知道什么 我们知道亲眼所见的东西 |
[28:45] | We’re young, but we are not stupid, and we’re paying attention. | 我们是年轻 但我们不愚蠢 我们用心关注 |
[28:51] | Yes, Izzy! | 对 伊兹 |
[28:54] | So take this article, | 所以拿好这篇文章 |
[28:56] | written and researched by my very annoying sister, Hilde Lisko. | 这是我烦人的妹妹希尔蒂利西克 调查和撰写的 |
[29:04] | Strata shut down her website, | 斯特拉塔关闭了她的网站 |
[29:06] | but they cannot stop her from speaking the truth. | 但他们无法阻止她说出真相 |
[29:09] | So just do me a favor, okay? | 所以请大家帮帮忙 |
[29:12] | Take this article, take a picture of it | 拿着这篇文章 拍张照 |
[29:14] | and text it to your parents, your neighbors, your friends, okay? | 发给你的父母、邻居、朋友 好吗 |
[29:20] | Because Strata made a decision a long time ago | 因为斯特拉塔很久以前就做了决定 |
[29:22] | that profits were more important than people. | 认为利润比人更重要 |
[29:26] | They jeopardized the safety of everybody in this town! | 他们把这座镇上的所有人置于危险 |
[29:30] | And if we don’t do something, they’ll do it again. | 如果我们不行动 他们会故技重施 |
[29:34] | No more lies! | 停止说谎 |
[29:37] | -No more lies! -Yes. | -停止说谎 -对 |
[29:38] | No more lies! | 停止说谎 |
[29:39] | No more lies! No more lies! No more lies! | 停止说谎… |
[29:44] | No more lies! No more lies! | 停止说谎… |
[29:47] | No more lies! No more lies! | 停止说谎… |
[29:50] | No more lies! No more lies! | 停止说谎… |
[30:06] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[30:07] | Yeah, I’ve been tailing the Strata fixer all day. | 对 我一整天都在跟踪 为斯特拉塔做事的那个人 |
[30:10] | Nothing incriminating yet. | 还没发现罪状 |
[30:11] | Stay on him. I know in my gut that guy has been harassing my dad. | 继续盯着他 我的直觉告诉我是他一直在骚扰我爸 |
[30:15] | I just don’t have proof. | 我只是没有证据 |
[30:17] | I need something concrete if we want a shot at criminal charges. | 如果要提出刑事指控 我需要确凿的证据 |
[30:20] | This might be our only shot, ’cause once Strata gets wind of our investigation, | 这可能是我们唯一的机会 因为如果斯特拉塔知道我们调查的事 |
[30:23] | they’ll just stop using him. Find somebody else to do their dirty work. | 他们不会再用他 会找其他人去给他们做这些肮脏勾当 |
[30:27] | You got it, Sheriff. | 遵命 警长 |
[30:29] | It’s good to have you back, Frank. | 你回来真好 弗兰克 |
[30:32] | It’s good to be back, Trip. | 能回来真好 特莉普 |
[30:51] | All right. Come on. | 好的 来吧 |
[31:11] | Rutherford, you rat. | 卢瑟福德 你这个叛徒 |
[31:24] | Hey, what’s wrong? | 嗨 怎么了 |
[31:32] | So, when Strata realized what I’d done with my mom’s computer, | 斯特拉塔发现我用我妈电脑做了什么后 |
[31:39] | they told her, and | 他们对她说… |
[31:42] | she got fired. | 她被解雇了 |
[31:45] | Well, laid off, but… | 是被裁员 但… |
[31:48] | I never should’ve sent those files. | 我不该发那些文件的 |
[31:50] | -Iz, my mom was so upset. -But… | -伊兹 我妈很难过 -但… |
[31:54] | you said she’d agree with us. | 你说她会认同我们的做法 |
[31:56] | That, I don’t know, | 还有 |
[31:58] | people knowing the truth was more important. | 人们得知真相更重要 |
[32:02] | Hello, Izzy. | 你好 伊兹 |
[32:04] | I’m so sorry about what happened to you. | 关于你的事 我很抱歉 |
[32:07] | They’re being really nice about it. | 他们的态度很好 |
[32:10] | Gonna give me a good reference. | 会给我很好的推荐信 |
[32:14] | Not that I’ll ever find as good a job around here again. | 虽然我在这里再也找不到更好的工作了 |
[32:18] | Well, okay, but they’re not being nice. | 好吧 但他们的态度并不好 |
[32:20] | I mean, Strata’s the one that hurt people, not you or Ethan. | 伤害民众的是斯特拉塔 不是你或伊森 |
[32:25] | You know, Izzy, I’ve lived here for a long time. | 伊兹 我在这里住了很久 |
[32:29] | It’s not like being from New York City. You know? | 这里和纽约市不同 你懂吗 |
[32:32] | No one has ever heard of Erie Harbor. | 伊利港是个不知名的小地方 |
[32:34] | We don’t have any big skyscrapers to be proud of, but we do have Strata. | 我们没有引以为豪的摩天大厦 但我们有斯特拉塔 |
[32:39] | And wherever you go and you say, “That’s the company I work for,” | 无论去哪里 当你说 “我为这家公司工作” |
[32:43] | it means something to people. I was always so proud of that. | 这对人们来说是一件重要的事 我一直为此感到自豪 |
[32:47] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[32:53] | I don’t know. I guess I just never thought of that. | 我不知道 可能我从来没想过这一点 |
[32:56] | I understand why your sister wanted to publish her story. | 我理解你妹妹为什么想发那篇报道 |
[33:00] | But Strata built this community. | 但斯特拉塔一手建起这个社区 |
[33:03] | And it’s hard for a lot of us | 对于我们很多人来说很难 |
[33:04] | watching your family drag their name through the mud. | 看着你们一家让它声名大损 |
[33:17] | Is that what you think too? | 你也这么认为吗 |
[33:20] | I don’t know, Iz. I’m just… | 我不知道 伊兹 我只是… |
[33:24] | I’m worried about my mom. | 我很担心我妈妈 |
[33:38] | Take care of yourself. | 照顾好自己 |
[33:48] | Truly a pleasure working with you. I wish you all the best. Sheriff. | 与你共事真是我的荣幸 希望你一切顺利 警长 |
[33:53] | I take it you heard that I’ve already filed my report. | 我想你已经听说我提交报告了 |
[33:58] | Would you like to see it? | 你想读一读吗 |
[34:07] | It’s unfortunate. | 真可惜 |
[34:08] | Maybe you should’ve valued my advice a little more. | 也许你应该更重视我的建议 |
[34:11] | Your advice? | 你的建议 |
[34:13] | Right, your advice. | 对哦 你的建议 |
[34:17] | I’ve been subjected to more scrutiny in one year at this job | 我这一年来在工作中接受的审查 |
[34:21] | than my predecessor had to deal with in 35. | 比我的前任在35年里面对的都多 |
[34:23] | And still, I rose to that challenge. | 尽管如此 我没有倒下 |
[34:27] | But from the start, you haven’t supported me. | 但打从一开始 你就没有支持我 |
[34:31] | Because a Black woman can’t be sheriff in this town. | 因为黑人女性不能当这个镇子的警长 |
[34:34] | Hold on one second. I never said anything– | 等等 我可从没说过… |
[34:36] | What was it you said? | 你说的是什么来着 |
[34:37] | That I’d be more comfortable somewhere else, | 我可能更适合其他地方 |
[34:40] | in a more progressive town. | 更“进步”的镇子 |
[34:43] | You didn’t wanna make me feel comfortable. | 你并不是希望我感到更舒适 |
[34:45] | You wanted to make sure everyone else around here wasn’t uncomfortable. | 你希望的是确保这里的其他人 不会感到不适 |
[34:48] | And instead of trying to help me clean up the racism in this town, | 但你没有选择 帮我消除这个镇子的种族歧视 |
[34:52] | you wanted me out of your way so that you all could get back to business. | 而是希望我离开 好方便你们继续走旧路 |
[34:55] | But guess what? | 但你猜如何 |
[35:00] | I don’t like the way you do business. | 我不喜欢你的旧路 |
[35:03] | And I think your boss, the attorney general, | 我认为你的上司 司法部长本人 |
[35:06] | will agree with me when she sees this. | 在看到这个时 她也会认同我 |
[35:38] | That was awesome. I’ve never seen Izzy so invested in something. | 刚才太精彩了 我从没见过伊兹对某件事这么投入 |
[35:42] | You know, she seemed so sure of herself. | 她看起来如此自信 |
[35:45] | Did you see the way the other kids responded to her? | 你看到其他学生对她的回应了吗 |
[35:47] | Did you see that? I didn’t even know that was possible in this town. | 你看到了吗 我都不知道 这座镇子会出现这种场面 |
[35:50] | I had no idea. | 完全没想到 |
[35:51] | It was amazing. She’s amazing. | 太棒了 她真棒 |
[35:54] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:55] | I’m just– I’m worried, you know. | 我只是很担心 |
[35:57] | This suit that they’re threatening against Hilde. | 他们威胁对希尔蒂提出的起诉 |
[36:00] | Strata could drag this on forever. They could bleed us dry. | 斯特拉塔可以一直拖延下去 他们能让我们倾家荡产 |
[36:03] | Yeah. Yeah. I know, I know. | 对…我知道… |
[36:09] | Wow, I don’t believe it. | 哇 我难以置信 |
[36:11] | Hey, Hilde? | 嘿…希尔蒂 |
[36:13] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[36:15] | Hey, you remember the air force guy that I spoke to at the funeral? | 嘿 你记不记得 在葬礼上和我说话的那个空军的人 |
[36:19] | -Yeah. -Well, he knew the other man | -是 -他认识那另一位 |
[36:20] | -from the whistleblower video. -What? | -吹哨人视频里的人 -什么 |
[36:22] | Yeah, Arthur Conway. They served together. | 对 亚瑟康威 他们曾一起服役 |
[36:24] | Yeah, apparently Arthur left town right after Hank Gillis died. | 对 原来亚瑟在汉克吉利斯死后 很快离开镇子 |
[36:27] | He’d been in the control tower the day of the accident. | 出事那天他在管制塔上 |
[36:30] | Look. Here, check it out. | 看 来 你瞧 |
[36:32] | There was no trace of him on the Internet, but… | 网上没有他的信息 但… |
[36:35] | Arthur Conway. Air traffic control tower. | 亚瑟康威 航空管制塔人员 |
[36:37] | He’s the other voice on the black box. | 他是黑匣子里的另一个声音 |
[36:41] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[36:43] | Do you think he’s still alive? | 你觉得他仍在世吗 |
[36:46] | I mean, I got no idea. I don’t know. | 我不知道… |
[36:48] | You know, my contacts at the VA, they just came through. | 我的退伍兵协会联络人回消息了 |
[36:51] | I mean, this is who this was. | 这就是那个人 |
[36:53] | Yeah. They were able to get me a forwarding address | 对 他们给我发了一个通讯转呈地址 |
[36:56] | for his pension checks. | 用于寄退休金支票 |
[36:57] | Now we know where the guy lives. | 我们知道他住在哪了 |
[37:00] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[37:03] | I think I might have found our first eyewitness. | 我可能找到了第一位目击证人 |
[37:13] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[37:14] | Well, I am looking, yeah… | 我在找…对 |
[37:19] | for these. | 这些 |
[37:23] | Passports. We’re going to Canada. | 护照 我们要去加拿大 |
[37:38] | -Hello. Bonjour. -Hey. | -你好… -嗨 |
[37:40] | -Passports? -Yeah, we got ’em. | -护照 -在这 |
[37:43] | -Where do you live? -Washington State, Erie Harbor. | -你们住在哪 -华盛顿州伊利港 |
[37:46] | -Where you headed today? -Vancouver. | -你们今天打算去哪 -温哥华 |
[37:51] | All right, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[38:22] | Wait. What is that? | 等等 那是什么 |
[38:24] | Copies of my article. I thought it might help jog his memory. | 我的文章复印本 我觉得能帮他唤起回忆 |
[38:28] | Yeah, Hilde, you know I’m gonna ask you to stay here. | 希尔蒂 你知道我会让你留在车上 |
[38:33] | -But I wanna come with you. -Yeah, well, you know the drill. | -但我想和你一起去 -你知道惯例的 |
[38:36] | You know, I’ve– I gotta make sure it’s safe first, right? | 我必须确定没有危险 对吗 |
[38:40] | We have no idea what kind of state of mind Arthur’s gonna be in. | 我们不知道亚瑟现在的心理状态 |
[38:44] | All right, let me just go check it out. | 好吧 让我先…去看看 |
[38:47] | Fine. | 行吧 |
[38:49] | But if he’s just a normal old man, I’m coming in. | 但如果他只是个普通的老人 我要进去 |
[38:53] | All right. You got it. | 行 没问题 |
[39:10] | Hi. Hey. I’m looking for Arthur Conway. | 嗨 你好 我想找亚瑟康威 |
[39:15] | He– | 他… |
[39:17] | My grandpa died last year. | 我爷爷去年去世了 |
[39:19] | I’m really sorry to hear that. | 很抱歉 节哀 |
[39:21] | I can get my dad if you want me to. | 如果你想的话 我可以叫我爸爸来 |
[39:25] | Yeah, sure. Yeah. Please. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[39:27] | -You can wait in here. -Okay. Thanks. | -你可以进来等 -好 谢谢 |
[39:32] | Dad, there’s someone here to see you. | 爸爸 有人找你 |
[39:55] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[40:02] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[40:08] | Matty… is that you? | 马迪…是你吗 |
[40:23] | Richie? | 瑞奇 |
[40:27] | How’d you find me? | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[40:32] | Dad? | 爸爸 |