时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | I can’t believe it’s really you. | 不敢相信真的是你 |
[00:13] | Tommy, why don’t you show her your room? | 汤米 不如你带她看看你的房间吧 |
[00:21] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[00:55] | How long have you been living here? Has it just been you and your dad? | 你们在这里住了多久 一直就只有你和你爸爸吗 |
[00:59] | My mom died when I was little. | 我妈妈在我小时候去世了 |
[01:06] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:09] | Hey. Don’t worry, our dads are just old friends. | 嘿 别担心 我们的爸爸是老朋友 |
[01:12] | You wanna show me some of your toys? | 你可以给我瞧瞧你的玩具吗 |
[01:25] | These were my grandpa’s. | 这些都是我爷爷的 |
[01:50] | Do you wanna show me how they fly? | 给我看看它们是怎么飞的吧 |
[01:52] | I just don’t really know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[01:55] | I can’t believe it’s really you. | 不敢相信竟然真的是你 |
[01:59] | Why’d you come looking for me? | 你为什么会来找我 |
[02:01] | We had no idea you were here. | 我们不知道你在这 |
[02:05] | How could we? | 我们怎么可能知道 |
[02:08] | I’m sorry. I’m just– | 抱歉 我只是… |
[02:10] | I’m… | 我… |
[02:12] | I’m a little stunned. I mean… | 我很惊讶 毕竟… |
[02:15] | we’re looking for Arthur Conway. | 我们在找亚瑟康威 |
[02:17] | Yeah, my daughter, she’s a reporter like me. | 对 我女儿是记者 和我一样 |
[02:20] | And we just wanna ask him some questions. | 我们想问他一些问题 |
[02:22] | About what? | 关于什么 |
[02:25] | Well, about his time at– at Strata. | 关于他在斯特拉塔工作期间的事 |
[02:30] | Yeah, we– we know he’s a whistleblower. | 对 我们知道他是吹哨人 |
[02:46] | Where have you been? | 这么多年你在哪 |
[02:52] | And what are you doing here? | 你为什么会在这里 |
[02:55] | I’m sorry. It’s just too– How do you know Arthur Conway? | 抱歉 只是这实在太… 你怎么会认识亚瑟康威 |
[02:58] | How do you know him? | 你是怎么认识他的 |
[03:00] | He was the one who brought me here. | 是他带我来这里的 |
[03:07] | Wait, he kidnapped you? | 等等 他绑架了你 |
[03:09] | I don’t understand. Why would he kidnap you? | 我不懂 为什么他要绑架你 |
[03:12] | He didn’t kidnap me, Matt. He rescued me. | 他没有绑架我 马特 他救了我 |
[03:50] | Well, Arthur rescued you? Well, from what? | 亚瑟救了你 从谁那里救了你 |
[03:57] | I’m the reason he had to blow the whistle. | 我是他说出真相的原因 |
[04:05] | When my mom got sick, | 我妈生病后 |
[04:07] | she started taking me down to the airfield to watch the planes take off. | 她会把我带到飞机场看飞机起飞 |
[04:12] | That’s where I met Arthur. | 我在那里认识了亚瑟 |
[04:14] | I didn’t know it then, but Arthur was my biological father. | 我当时不知道 但亚瑟其实是我的生父 |
[04:38] | Did anyone else know? | 有其他人知道吗 |
[04:41] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有 |
[04:43] | My mom, she warned me not to tell anyone about going to the airfield. | 我妈妈让我别把去飞机场的事告诉任何人 |
[04:46] | I think she didn’t want anyone to find out. | 她不希望别人发现 |
[04:49] | Things were hard enough at home. | 家里的情况已经够糟了 |
[04:52] | I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[04:54] | How about no present? What do you think about that? | 没有礼物如何 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:02] | Yeah. Well, I… | 我… |
[05:04] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[05:06] | My mom knew she wasn’t gonna be around forever to take care of me, and… | 我妈知道她不能一辈子照顾我 所以… |
[05:11] | …hanging out at Strata, that’s where I was happy. | 去斯特拉塔玩时我总是很开心 |
[05:17] | One day, I overheard something I wasn’t supposed to hear. | 有一天 我无意间听到了不该听见的事 |
[05:24] | Arthur let me check out a new plane as it was being built. | 亚瑟让我去看一架正在造的新飞机 |
[05:32] | These executives were talking about a chemical called cadmium, | 有几个高管在谈一种叫“镉”的化学品 |
[05:35] | about how toxic it was. | 说它的毒性很强 |
[05:38] | They didn’t want anyone to know that the company had been using it. | 他们不希望别人知道公司在使用镉 |
[05:41] | They were planning to dump it outside of town somewhere. | 他们打算把它弃置于镇外的某地 |
[05:43] | I warned Hank and Arthur, | 我把这件事告诉汉克和亚瑟 |
[05:46] | and they thought by coming forward, they could force Strata to tell the truth. | 他们以为上报此事 能逼迫斯特拉塔说出真相 |
[05:52] | But instead… | 但与之相反… |
[05:56] | they came after us. | 他们开始追捕我们 |
[05:58] | He had to figure out how to get me out of there | 他不得不想办法送我离开 |
[06:00] | so that Strata would never find me, | 好让斯特拉塔永远找不到我 |
[06:03] | but he put his trust in the wrong guy. | 但他信错人了 |
[06:05] | It wasn’t his fault that it all went wrong. | 事情出了差错不是他的错 |
[06:08] | Richie! | 瑞奇 |
[06:11] | When we didn’t show up at the meeting point, | 我们没有出现在会面点 |
[06:14] | Dad came looking for me, and we’ve been in Canada ever since. | 于是爸爸来找我 从那之后我们一直住在加拿大 |
[06:22] | I knew it. Strata was the reason you had to leave. | 我就知道 斯特拉塔是你必须离开的原因 |
[06:25] | You knew they were using that chemical that was making people sick. | 你知道他们在使用造成人们生病的化学品 |
[06:31] | Please. Come back. | 拜托了 请你回来 |
[06:35] | You’re the eyewitness we need. Dad, we can finally take them down. | 我们需要你这位目击证人 爸爸 我们终于能扳倒他们了 |
[06:38] | Take down who? What is she talking about? | 扳倒谁 她在说什么 |
[06:40] | Strata. They’re denying everything, and they’re the reason my Pop-Pop died. | 斯特拉塔 他们否认一切 他们是我爷爷去世的原因 |
[06:46] | Your dad? | 你爸 |
[06:50] | What happened to him? | 他怎么了 |
[06:53] | It was cadmium. | 是因为镉 |
[06:55] | Yeah, they’re saying they didn’t know it was dangerous back then, but… | 对 他们说当时不知道那有危险 但… |
[06:59] | They’re lying. They knew. | 他们在撒谎 他们明明知道 |
[07:03] | And Arthur had proof, a smoking gun. | 亚瑟有证据 确凿的罪证 |
[07:07] | He caught one of the executives on tape admitting it. | 他录下了一位高管承认罪状的录音 |
[07:10] | He was gonna bring the tape to the police once he had Strata’s dump site. | 他本打算找到斯特拉塔弃置镉的地点后 把录音带交给警察 |
[07:15] | But then… | 但是… |
[07:16] | They sabotaged Hank’s plane. | 他们对汉克的飞机做了手脚 |
[07:18] | They killed him. | 他们杀死了他 |
[07:21] | Yeah. Arthur left town that night and made a plan to get me out of there. | 对 亚瑟当晚离开了小镇 制定了如何接走我的计划 |
[07:28] | Where’s the tape now? | 那个录音带在哪 |
[07:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:33] | Dad would never tell me where it was. He… | 爸爸不愿告诉我在哪 他… |
[07:37] | He didn’t want me going into town looking for it. It was… | 他不希望我在镇里四处找 因为… |
[07:41] | too dangerous for me in Erie Harbor. | 我在伊利港太危险了 |
[07:47] | Let me go! | 放开我 |
[07:48] | Don’t worry. We’re taking you someplace safe! | 别担心 我们要带你去安全的地方 |
[07:53] | I killed a man, Matt. | 我杀了一个人 马特 |
[07:57] | I can never go back. | 我不可能回去 |
[08:01] | Wait, Richie, I– | 等等 瑞奇 我… |
[08:02] | Okay, don’t– don’t call me that. That’s not who I am anymore. | 别这么叫我 那已经不是我了 |
[08:06] | My… My son, he doesn’t even know who that person is. | 我的…儿子甚至不知道那个人是谁 |
[08:09] | I’m not gonna lose him over this. | 我不能因为这件事而失去他 |
[08:13] | I’m sorry. You have to go. I can’t help you. I– | 对不起 你们必须离开 我帮不到你们 我… |
[08:19] | You gotta go. | 你们得走了 |
[08:20] | But we can fight this. | 但我们可以斗争下去 |
[08:22] | Together. | 我们并肩作战 |
[08:24] | Right, Dad? | 对吗 爸爸 |
[08:30] | No. We should go. | 不 我们该走了 |
[08:32] | Yeah. We gotta leave. We should go. Come on, sweetie. | 对 我们得离开 我们走吧 来 宝贝 |
[08:54] | There were always people who cared about you in Erie Harbor. | 伊利港一直有人关心着你 |
[09:00] | We never gave up on you. | 我们从未放弃寻找你 |
[09:10] | Yeah, a few people have come forward. | 对 一些人站出来了 |
[09:12] | What years did you say that your father worked at Strata? | 你父亲是哪几年在斯特拉塔工作的 |
[09:15] | Small-cell carcinoma, plant four. | 小细胞肺癌 四号工厂 |
[09:19] | Okay. Yeah. Thank you. I will be in touch. | 好的 是 谢谢你 我会再联系你的 |
[09:23] | So many people in this town have family members with symptoms. | 这个镇上好多人的家人都有这些症状 |
[09:26] | Lung and kidney problems, memory loss. | 肺病、肾病、失忆 |
[09:30] | That means we have a case though, right? Shared symptoms means there’s a link. | 这意味着我们能立案 对吗 共同的症状说明一定有关联 |
[09:36] | Yeah, well, not if people are too scared to come forward. | 要是大家太害怕 不敢站出来 那就没办法 |
[09:39] | Look, what we need more than anything is plaintiffs, a lot more. | 我们最需要的是原告 越多越好 |
[09:43] | Class actions only work when hundreds of people accuse a company of wrongdoing. | 集体诉讼需要数百人起诉公司 |
[09:46] | What, so hundreds of people have to get hurt before anyone believes them? | 所以要有数百人受到伤害 才会有人相信他们 |
[09:50] | That’s so messed up. | 这也太不公平了 |
[09:52] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:57] | What if we could, like, show people that they’re not alone? | 如果我们让人们知道 他们并不是孤军作战呢 |
[10:01] | I don’t know. Bring them together and, like, have a meeting. Like in person. | 比如集合大家开个会 面对面的那种 |
[10:06] | Town hall. That’s a great idea. | 镇议事厅集会 这个想法很棒 |
[10:10] | I mean, I barely spoke to anyone at my school, | 我在学校都没怎么和人说话 |
[10:12] | but, you know, at the walkout, suddenly everyone was listening. | 但在旷课抗议时 大家突然都愿意聆听 |
[10:21] | Hey. How’d it go? | 嗨 怎么样 |
[10:28] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了 |
[10:35] | We found him. | 我们找到他了 |
[10:37] | Arthur was there? | 亚瑟在那里 |
[10:39] | -What did he say? -No, Bridge. | -他说了什么 -不 布丽吉 |
[10:44] | We found Richie. | 我们找到瑞奇了 |
[10:46] | What? | 什么 |
[10:51] | He’s alive. | 他还活着 |
[10:58] | Wait, so, Richie knew the entire time that Sam was in prison, | 等等 所以瑞奇一直知道山姆入狱了 |
[11:01] | and didn’t tell anyone they had the wrong guy? | 却没告诉任何人他被冤枉了 |
[11:03] | Look, you don’t know that. | 这倒不一定 |
[11:05] | You know, he was in a different country, and it was a local story. | 他在国外 而这是本地新闻 |
[11:08] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:10] | Things were different before the Internet. News was harder to spread. | 互联网普及前的情况和现在不同 那时很难大范围传播新闻 |
[11:13] | Yeah, he probably didn’t even wanna know. | 对 他可能都不想知道 |
[11:15] | But he could be here now, helping all these people. | 但他现在可以来这里 帮助这些人 |
[11:18] | And he won’t do it? | 他却不愿意 |
[11:20] | You know, it’s complicated, Hilde. | 其实这很复杂 希尔蒂 |
[11:22] | He was scared for his life, right? He accidentally killed a man. Right? | 他担心自己的生命有危险 他不小心杀了一个人 对吗 |
[11:27] | When he was not much older than you. Like, imagine that. | 当时他不比你大多少 想象一下那种情况 |
[11:30] | Mom, what does all this mean legally? | 妈妈 从法律上这意味着什么 |
[11:33] | Legally, coming back could mean risking jail time. | 法律上 回来可能意味着坐牢 |
[11:37] | -But he was defending himself. -I know, honey. | -但他只是在自卫 -我知道 亲爱的 |
[11:40] | And he probably– He won’t go to jail for it. | 他也许不会为此坐牢 |
[11:43] | But honestly, now that we know that he’s alive, | 但其实 既然我们知道他还活着 |
[11:47] | I think we’re obligated to tell the police. | 我们有责任通知警方 |
[11:50] | Otherwise, we’re covering it up. | 否则我们就是掩盖事实 |
[11:52] | But Sam deserves to know the truth, and Richie should be the one to tell him. | 但山姆应该知道真相 应该由瑞奇告诉他 |
[11:59] | All right, look. I gotta go handle this. | 好吧 听着 我得处理这事 |
[12:05] | Okay. You did the right thing. | 明白了 你们这么做是对的 |
[12:08] | And obviously there are extenuating circumstances, | 当然这其中部分情况情有可原 |
[12:11] | but the state needs to know that Richie is alive. | 但应该让政府知道瑞奇还活着 |
[12:18] | What’ll happen to him? | 他会怎么样 |
[12:20] | Well, he’ll be extradited back to Erie Harbor. | 他要被遣返伊利港 |
[12:23] | -Probably have to face his day in court. -Oh, Jesus. | -可能要面对法庭审判 -天啊 |
[12:26] | Given the facts, the DA might not prosecute. | 考虑到有关情况 地方检察官可能不会起诉 |
[12:29] | Look, guys, there is a protocol that I have to follow. | 听着 各位 我必须遵守规程 |
[12:33] | Right. | 是 |
[12:37] | You really saw him yourself? It was really him? | 你真的亲眼看到他了 当真是他吗 |
[12:43] | Yeah. Yeah, I saw him. | 对…我见到他了 |
[12:47] | He… | 他… |
[12:50] | He seems scared, Frank. | 他看起来很害怕 弗兰克 |
[12:55] | -He had a son? -Yeah. | -他有个儿子 -对 |
[13:00] | Yeah. He did, yeah. A little boy, Tommy. | 对 是的 一个小男孩 汤米 |
[13:02] | That’s where our Richie was, man. It was right in his boy’s face. | 我们的瑞奇原来在那里 他的儿子和他很像 |
[13:07] | Really. It was good to see. It was good to see it for a moment. | 真的 看到他很高兴 虽然只是短暂的一瞬 |
[13:16] | Let me go. | 让我去吧 |
[13:19] | And I can talk Richie down, I can… | 我能说服瑞奇回来 我能… |
[13:22] | explain everything beforehand. I can protect him. | 事先解释一切 我可以保护他 |
[13:30] | Can you wait to call it in until tomorrow? | 你能等到明天再上报吗 |
[13:34] | I can’t if you ask me to. | 就算你请求我这么做 我也做不到 |
[13:38] | Then I’m not asking. | 那我就不请求了 |
[13:50] | I overheard some company executives say that it was the cadmium. | 我不小心听到某个公司高管说是镉 |
[13:53] | -That they tested it, and it was toxic. -Hey. What’s going on? | -他们测试了 确实有毒 -嗨 怎么了 |
[13:57] | Richie said there’s a smoking gun. | 瑞奇说有确凿的证据 |
[13:59] | Arthur had a confession tape that could take Strata down, | 亚瑟有一盘录音带 能够扳倒斯特拉塔 |
[14:02] | but he left it behind in Erie Harbor. | 但他把录音带留在伊利港了 |
[14:06] | I was showing my friend’s kid the new planes. | 我当时在带我朋友的孩子参观新飞机 |
[14:09] | That kid was Richie. Richie’s the one who overheard the executives. | 那个孩子就是瑞奇 偷听到高管对话的人是瑞奇 |
[14:14] | That must have been when he became Strata’s target. | 所以他成为斯特拉塔的目标 |
[14:16] | But the confession tape could be anywhere. How are you gonna track it down? | 但认罪录音带可能在任何地方 你要怎么找到它 |
[14:20] | Well, let’s think. Yeah, what do we know? | 让我想一想 我们知道些什么 |
[14:24] | We know Arthur was holding on to the tape until the day Hank’s plane crashed | 我们知道直至汉克坠机前 录音带一直在亚瑟手中 |
[14:28] | ’cause he was planning on taking that to the police. | 因为他打算把录音交给警察 |
[14:30] | And Richie said that Arthur left town that night because he was so scared. | 瑞奇说亚瑟当晚就离开镇子 因为他很怕 |
[14:40] | Dad, look. Hank Gillis crashed the afternoon of October 24th, 1987. | 爸爸 瞧 汉克吉利斯 在1987年10月24日下午坠机 |
[14:45] | We just have to find out what Arthur did that day. | 我们只需要查出亚瑟那天做了什么 |
[14:49] | Oh, yeah, sure. Just that. | 对 没错 就这么简单 |
[14:53] | Dad, is there anything you can remember about the day Hank Gillis crashed? | 爸爸 关于汉克吉利斯坠机那天 你还记得什么 |
[14:59] | Guys, guys, hold up. Hold up. I wanna take a picture. | 等等…我想照张相 |
[15:02] | All right. | 好 |
[15:04] | Get together. You guys. | 靠紧一点 真帅 |
[15:24] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对 |
[15:27] | We were supposed to go on a fishing trip that day. Yeah. | 我们那天本来要去钓鱼 对 |
[15:33] | Yeah, let’s see. | 对 让我看看 |
[15:36] | Yeah, look. There it is. Look. Look at that date. | 没错 看 找到了 看这个日期 |
[15:40] | And you know what? I remember Arthur being there. | 你知道吗 我记得当时亚瑟也在那 |
[15:43] | He was the one who told us about Hank Gillis’s plane crash. | 是他告诉我们汉克吉利斯坠机的消息 |
[15:46] | It was him. | 是他 |
[15:55] | Do you think the tape could be on Pop-Pop’s boat? | 你觉得录音带可能在爷爷船上吗 |
[15:58] | I mean, it’s not a bad lead. | 这线索不错 |
[16:00] | Get as many people as you can to come to the town hall. | 尽可能召集更多人去镇议事厅 |
[16:04] | We can convince them. | 我们一定能说服他们 |
[16:18] | All hands on deck, right? | 全体动员 对吧 |
[16:22] | All right, let’s– let’s do this. Come on. | 好的 我们开始吧 来 |
[16:25] | -Ladies first. -Thanks. | -女士优先 -谢谢 |
[16:29] | We’re hosting a town hall for anyone who may have been hurt by Strata. | 我们将举行镇议事厅集会 欢迎斯特拉塔的受害者们出席 |
[16:32] | Feel free to give the other one to anybody that you think may wanna show up, okay? | 如果你认为谁想出席 请转告他 好吗 |
[16:36] | Thank you guys so much. Have a good night, okay? | 谢谢你们 祝你们晚安 |
[16:39] | Yeah. And I mean, it’s all pro bono. | 对 都是免费的 |
[16:41] | We wanna help people get their medical bills paid. | 我们想帮助大家获得医疗费补偿 |
[16:43] | Just come hear what they have to say. | 来听听他们有什么话要说 |
[16:45] | Your brother, Jimmy, you tell him he ought to come out too. | 让你哥哥吉米也来 |
[16:47] | And if they’ve done anything to your family, you or your family, | 要是他们曾对你或你的家人做过任何事 |
[16:50] | you know anybody, please. | 或是认识任何人 |
[16:51] | I’ll give you another flyer. Feel free to spread the word. Hi. | 我会再给你一份传单 请互相转告 嗨 |
[17:04] | Is there any place we haven’t checked? | 还有哪里没检查过吗 |
[17:07] | I don’t know. I feel like we’ve turned over this whole boat. | 不知道 我觉得 我们已经把船翻了个底朝天了 |
[17:15] | Oh, no. | 不好 |
[17:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:20] | Don’t just say, “Oh, no,” then go all quiet. | 别说完“不好”就一言不语 |
[17:24] | Strata knows about your mom’s lawsuit. | 斯特拉塔知道你妈起诉的事了 |
[17:27] | My dad said they sent this to the entire company. | 我爸说他们把这个发给全公司的人 |
[17:30] | Wait, what? Here, let me see that. | 等等 什么 我来看看 |
[17:35] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:36] | “Such false and defamatory claims threaten our ongoing operations in Erie Harbor.” | “这种虚假、诋毁的指控 危害我们在伊利港的业务运作” |
[17:42] | So they’re saying we’re lying. | 意思是我们说的是假的 |
[17:44] | No, they’re threatening people’s jobs. That’s what they’re saying. | 不 他们在威胁人们的饭碗 他们是这个意思 |
[17:49] | I should go check on my dad. | 我应该去看看我爸 |
[17:51] | He forgets to eat when he’s worried, and he’s hypoglycemic. | 他一担心就会忘记吃饭 而且他有低血糖症 |
[17:55] | I should go too. I wanna hang these up at school. | 我也该走了 我想把这些贴在学校 |
[18:00] | Fight fire with fire. | 以毒攻毒 |
[18:01] | -Well, thanks for helping out, guys. -Of course. | -多谢你们的帮助啊 -不用 |
[18:04] | Try not to get arrested. | 尽力别被逮捕 |
[18:10] | -Add that one to the list. -This checked out. | -把那个加在清单上 -这是真的 |
[18:13] | -We’re running out of flyers. -Great. I mean, we’ll get you more. | -我们的传单发完了 -很好 再给你一些 |
[18:16] | Here you go. I think we are gonna have a packed house. | 给 我觉得到时候会来很多人 |
[18:19] | People are finally listening. | 人们终于愿意听了 |
[18:24] | Maybe not everybody. | 也许不是所有人 |
[18:32] | -I’ll take these. -Of course. | -这些我拿吧 -好的 |
[18:33] | Great. | 太好了 |
[18:42] | -Here. I’ll go make some more copies. -Thanks, sweetie. | -来 我再去印一些 -谢谢 亲爱的 |
[19:15] | Hey, you know, it was 30 years ago, honey. | 嘿 那是30年前 宝贝 |
[19:19] | You know, I doubt the tape even survived half that time. | 我怀疑录音带连15年都保留不了 |
[19:23] | You know, honestly, I don’t think we should’ve even gotten our hopes up. | 其实 我觉得我们不该期望过高 |
[19:40] | Arthur hid that tape knowing it was the one thing that could protect Richie. | 亚瑟把录音带藏进来 是因为这样能保护瑞奇 |
[19:45] | Wherever he hid it, it must’ve been somewhere safe. | 无论藏在哪里 一定是个安全的地方 |
[19:48] | Yeah, that’s true. But I mean, I got no idea where. | 是的 但是我不知道它在哪里 |
[19:53] | You know, apart from these old coins that Pop-Pop hid in his tackle box, | 除了爷爷在渔具箱藏的旧硬币 |
[19:59] | I mean, well, there’s just nothing else here. | 我的意思是 这里没有别的东西了 |
[20:03] | Dad, what if the tape was on the boat, but he hid it somewhere else? | 爸爸 也许录音带确实曾在船上 但他把它藏到其他地方了 |
[20:08] | Somewhere safer. | 更安全的地方 |
[20:11] | Remember when Pop-Pop started hiding things around the house? | 记得爷爷开始在家里四处藏东西吗 |
[20:15] | Yeah, like the safe in the attic. | 对 比如阁楼里的保险箱 |
[20:17] | Right. Those were all things he wanted to protect. | 对 那都是他想保护的东西 |
[20:21] | That can’t be there. | 那个不能放这 |
[20:22] | Dad, what are you doing? | 爸 你在做什么 |
[20:25] | Let me do it. Stop. Come on. Stop it. | 我来搬 别动了 拜托 停下 |
[20:31] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:33] | Can’t sleep? | 睡不着 |
[20:36] | I think I might know where the tape is. | 我可能知道录音带在哪里 |
[20:53] | Just this notebook. | 只有这本笔记本 |
[20:57] | Wait, what is this? | 等等 这是什么 |
[21:05] | Tape’s not here. I was wrong. Again. | 录音带不在这里 我又一次错了 |
[21:13] | Wait, I don’t believe it. Look. | 等等 我不敢相信 看 |
[21:16] | Hey, look at this. He… He knew something was wrong. | 嘿 你瞧 他知道有什么事不对劲 |
[21:22] | Yeah. He knew the whole time something was wrong. | 对 他一直都知道有什么事不对劲 |
[21:25] | Look. He was onto ’em. | 看 他在怀疑他们 |
[21:30] | Yeah, he must’ve seen all of his– | 对 他一定看见所有 |
[21:32] | all of his old friends from work passing away, | 他工作认识的老朋友都去世了 |
[21:34] | and he’s trying to piece it all together, look. | 他想找到答案 看 |
[21:40] | He must’ve ran out of time before he solved it. | 他没有足够的时间找到答案 |
[21:44] | He got too sick. | 他的病太严重了 |
[21:51] | You know, I… I could’ve helped him with this. | 其实 我…我本可以帮他的 |
[21:56] | Yeah, I could. I could. You know, if I’d have been here, I would– | 我可以…如果当时我在这里 我就能… |
[21:59] | I could’ve totally helped him with all of this stuff. | 我完全可以帮他调查这些 |
[22:04] | I just never knew. | 只是我从不知道 |
[22:13] | He didn’t have the tape. | 录音带不在他这里 |
[22:20] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:23] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:56] | Richie? | 瑞奇 |
[23:02] | Richie? | 瑞奇 |
[23:13] | Richie? | 瑞奇 |
[23:33] | Well, did Izzy say who vandalized it? | 伊兹有说是谁喷的漆吗 |
[23:36] | No. | 没有 |
[23:37] | I can’t believe some townsperson spray-painted our car. | 我不敢相信竟然有镇民在我们的车上喷漆 |
[23:40] | Or maybe it’s Strata. | 也可能是斯特拉塔 |
[23:42] | Matt, it’s a small town. Everyone knows who we are, where we live. | 马特 这是个小镇 所有人都知道我们是谁 住在哪里 |
[23:46] | Yeah, well, I think we should report it. We should. | 我觉得我们应该报警 应该这么做 |
[23:49] | Maybe the town hall isn’t such a good idea. | 也许镇议事厅集会不是个好主意 |
[23:52] | Mom, no. There’s time to fix this. We can still find the tape. | 妈妈 不 还有时间 我们能找到录音带 |
[24:00] | All right. It’s okay. I’ll go check it out. | 好的 没关系 我去看看 |
[24:08] | All right, it’s good. We’re good. | 好 没事… |
[24:12] | Hey, guys. What’s going on? | 嗨 有什么问题 |
[24:18] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[24:21] | Richie’s gone. | 瑞奇不见了 |
[24:23] | I held off calling it in for as long as I could, but it didn’t matter. | 我已经尽可能延后上报 但那已经不重要了 |
[24:27] | It looks like he left right after you guys were there. | 他似乎在你们离开后就走了 |
[24:29] | What? | 什么 |
[25:39] | All right, kiddo. It’s just a couple more hours. | 好的 儿子 还有几小时就到了 |
[25:42] | Dad, why do they think that your name is Richie Fife? | 爸爸 他们为什么觉得你叫瑞奇费夫 |
[25:45] | -And who’s Sam Gillis? -What? | -谁是山姆吉利斯 -什么 |
[25:58] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[26:06] | Hilde, let’s go. The town hall starts in 20 minutes. | 希尔蒂 走吧 镇议事厅集会20分钟后开始 |
[26:10] | -Here, take this. -All right, we all good? | -拿好 -准备好了 |
[26:12] | Dad. Dad, I can’t find my notebook, | 爸爸…我找不到我的笔记本 |
[26:15] | and I was gonna hold it during my speech or else my hands are gonna shake. | 我得在讲话期间拿着它 否则我的手会发抖 |
[26:18] | Okay. All right. Now don’t worry. We’ll– All right, let’s see. | 好的…别担心 我们…让我想想 |
[26:23] | Hey, you know what? Why don’t you take this? | 嘿 这样好了 你拿着这个 |
[26:28] | Yeah, you can finish what he started. | 对 你可以完成他开始的调查 |
[26:37] | Hey, come on. | 嘿 来 |
[26:45] | All right, here we go. | 好 准备开始吧 |
[26:54] | There’s no one here. | 没有人来 |
[27:00] | What’s he doing here? | 他来做什么 |
[27:03] | Look. | 看 |
[27:05] | If you don’t wanna do this, you don’t have to. | 如果你不想做的话不是非做不可 |
[27:09] | No, I want him to hear this. Even if it doesn’t make a difference. | 不 我想让他听见这段话 就算没用 |
[27:15] | The truth matters because it matters to me. | 真相很重要 因为真相对我而言很重要 |
[27:20] | All right. You go get ’em. | 好的 加油 |
[27:25] | All right, come on. You got this. | 好 加油 你能行 |
[27:39] | Whenever the community has concerns, we’re always happy to listen. | 我们向来乐意倾听社区群众的问题 |
[27:43] | It doesn’t seem like you have much support, | 似乎没什么人来支持你们 |
[27:45] | so why don’t you just go ahead and say your piece, and we can all go home. | 所以你还是快点说完 好让大家早点回家 |
[28:24] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[28:27] | I’m Hilde Lisko. | 我是希尔蒂利西克 |
[28:31] | And… | 还有… |
[28:34] | as some of you may know… | 在场有些人可能已经知道了 |
[28:40] | we lost my Pop-Pop right before his 70th birthday. | 我的爷爷在70岁生日前离开了我们 |
[28:49] | It was too fast. | 他走得太早 |
[28:56] | And… | 还有… |
[29:02] | before he bought the bike shop, | 他买下自行车店前 |
[29:04] | he worked at Strata Tech Industries, spraying planes. | 曾在斯特拉塔科技公司工作 负责给飞机喷漆 |
[29:11] | How many of you worked there or know someone who did? | 在场有多少人曾在那里工作 或认识在那工作的人 |
[29:39] | There are so many stories… | 有许许多多的人 |
[29:43] | like Pop-Pop’s in this town. | 在这个镇上 有着和爷爷一样的故事 |
[29:49] | These are all photos of former Strata employees | 这些都是斯特拉塔前雇员的照片 |
[29:52] | who got sick and died too young. | 他们患病 过早地离世 |
[29:56] | They’re not just names or numbers, they were people, | 他们不仅仅是一个个名字或数字 而是实实在在的人 |
[30:00] | people who were loved. | 被爱着的人 |
[30:03] | She was somebody’s mother. | 她是某个人的母亲 |
[30:06] | And he was somebody’s son. | 他是某个人的儿子 |
[30:11] | Everybody wishes they had more time, | 每个人都希望自己有更多时间 |
[30:14] | but these people should’ve had it. | 他们也确实应该拥有更多时间 |
[30:24] | We’re all aware your mother’s leading a baseless lawsuit against our company, | 我们都知道你的母亲 主导一项针对本公司的无凭据诉讼 |
[30:28] | trying to benefit off the misfortune of others. | 想从他人的不幸中获益 |
[30:31] | -Yeah? She’s doing it for free. -Yeah, you know, this family, | -是吗 她在提供无偿服务 -对 这个家庭 |
[30:34] | they care about the truth and helping people. | 他们在乎真相、帮助他人 |
[30:36] | I think we’ve heard enough. | 我们已经听够了 |
[30:40] | Your dad poisoned this town. | 你爸爸毒害了这个镇子 |
[30:44] | Be careful, young lady. My lawyer’s with me. | 说话小心点 小姑娘 我的律师也来了 |
[30:46] | Hey, you know what? Don’t talk to her like that. | 嘿 别这么对她说话 |
[30:49] | Whatever you’re accusing my father of, I had nothing to do with it. | 无论你指控我父亲什么 都和我无关 |
[30:52] | While this is very sweet, it’s proof of nothing. | 虽然你的演讲很感人 但证明不了什么 |
[30:55] | You have no support. You have no case. | 你没有证据 你无法立案 |
[31:08] | I think you’ve got a case. | 我认为你可以立案了 |
[31:13] | Because now you have an eyewitness. | 因为你现在有目击证人了 |
[31:25] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[31:29] | I’m Richie Fife. | 我是瑞奇费夫 |
[31:52] | -Hey, man. -Hey. | -嗨 哥们 -嗨 |
[32:05] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[32:07] | When I read your articles, I knew I had to come back. | 我读了你的文章后就知道我必须回来 |
[32:16] | I feel like I’ve been running my whole life… | 我觉得我一辈子在逃跑 |
[32:20] | even when I was standing still. | 就算原地不动时也如此 |
[32:26] | I didn’t want my son to see me like that, | 我不希望儿子看到我这样 |
[32:30] | running away. | 永远在逃跑 |
[32:36] | Your company needs to pay for what it did… | 你的公司必须为你们的所作所为付出代价 |
[32:39] | to my dad, to Richie, to me. | 对我的爸爸、对瑞奇、对我做的一切 |
[32:44] | And to the town. | 对这个镇子做的一切 |
[33:06] | We couldn’t find the tape. | 我们找不到录音带 |
[33:09] | That’s because I had it. | 因为录音带在我这里 |
[33:13] | I panicked. I was trying to get rid of you, and… I’m sorry. | 我惊慌失措 我想摆脱你们…对不起 |
[33:20] | I’m ashamed of that. | 我感到很愧疚 |
[33:24] | Well, you’re here now. | 但你来了这里 |
[33:32] | Mr. Williams did not appreciate you harassing him with these accusations. | 威廉姆斯先生不接受你们的无端指控 |
[33:37] | He needs to tell his workers, | 他必须告诉工人们 |
[33:39] | or we’ll be forced to take public action. | 否则我们就要采取公开行动 |
[33:49] | That was the deposition. | 这是取证录音 |
[33:50] | We already have this. | 我们已经有这个了 |
[33:52] | Sorry, but… | 抱歉 但… |
[33:56] | it didn’t change anything. | 这什么都改变不了 |
[33:59] | Just wait. | 再等等 |
[34:07] | Arthur. | 亚瑟 |
[34:08] | Mr. Williams, sir. | 威廉姆斯先生 |
[34:10] | That’s Grant’s dad. | 那是格兰特的爸爸 |
[34:12] | So there’s some health and safety concerns. | 不过是健康安全隐患 |
[34:16] | These people should be grateful they’ve got a job at all. | 这些人能有工作就该感到庆幸了 |
[34:19] | That Fife kid doesn’t deserve to get caught up in all this. | 那个费夫小子不应该涉足这件事 |
[34:22] | Which executive did he overhear? | 他听到哪个高管说话 |
[34:28] | I want a name. | 把名字给我 |
[34:30] | It wasn’t an executive. | 不是高管 |
[34:33] | It was Grant, your son. | 是格兰特 你的儿子 |
[34:40] | You knew. | 你知道 |
[34:41] | That kid never thinks before he opens his mouth. Damn it. | 那孩子张嘴前从不用脑子 真该死 |
[34:47] | This is Arthur Conway. It’s September 20th, 1987. | 本人是亚瑟康威 1987年9月20日 |
[34:58] | That doesn’t change anything. | 这什么也改变不了 |
[35:00] | I’ll bury you in paperwork for the next 20 years. | 未来20年就等着处理文书手续吧 |
[35:02] | That tape will never see the light of day. | 那盘录音带不会公之于众的 |
[35:04] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[35:31] | Grant Williams, you are under arrest. | 格兰特威廉姆斯 你被逮捕了 |
[35:34] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[35:36] | Anything you say… | 你所说的一切… |
[35:45] | Hey, Hilde, Hilde. What did I tell you? | 嘿 希尔蒂…我说对了吧 |
[35:48] | You did it. You did it. Come here. | 你成功了…来 |
[36:01] | I can’t possibly make up for all the time that you lost. | 我无法补偿你所失去的时间 |
[36:07] | That’s on Sheriff Briggs, not you. | 那是布里格斯警长的错 不是你 |
[36:10] | You gotta believe me, Sam. If I had ever known… | 你得相信我 山姆 要是我知道… |
[36:15] | You were just a kid, Richie. | 你当时只是个孩子 瑞奇 |
[36:18] | So were you. | 你也是 |
[37:13] | To all our loyal Magic Hour Chronicle subscribers… | 致所有《魔法时光纪事》忠实读者 |
[37:21] | we’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[37:23] | We got a code 245. | 出现245号情况 |
[37:25] | “Assault by deadly weapon.” | “以致命武器袭击” |
[37:30] | And for once we have some good news. | 我们终于有些好消息 |
[37:34] | In light of Grant Williams’s criminal behavior, | 鉴于格兰特威廉姆斯的罪行 |
[37:37] | Junior was able to void the contract they signed. | 小麦肯锡得以解除他们签立的合约 |
[37:40] | Trip and her dad got their farm back, fully cleaned and restored. | 特莉普和她的爸爸收回了农场 清理一新、恢复如初 |
[37:45] | Izzy and my mom got enough people to join their lawsuit, | 伊兹和我妈妈召集了足够的原告加入诉讼 |
[37:47] | and she thinks Strata will have to settle by the end of the year. | 她认为斯特拉塔必须在年底前和解 |
[37:52] | Millions of dollars will go to every family that they hurt. | 他们伤害的每一户人家 都将得到数百万美元赔偿 |
[37:55] | There are a lot of people to thank for this, | 能有这样的结果 要感谢许多人 |
[37:58] | including, of course, Richie Fife, where this story first began. | 当然了 其中包括瑞奇费夫 故事由他开始 |
[38:28] | You’re really here. | 你真的在这里 |
[38:31] | We thought about you so much. | 我们一直在想你的事 |
[38:34] | Yeah, no, I can see that. | 可不是 我发现了 |
[38:37] | And you’re okay? | 而且你没事 |
[38:40] | Yeah. I’m actually really good. | 对 其实我过得很好 |
[38:44] | I’ve had a good life. | 我的人生很顺利 |
[38:47] | I always knew you were out there. | 我一直都知道你活着 |
[38:53] | Want a cookie? | 要来一块饼干吗 |
[38:54] | Oh, yeah. | 好的 |
[38:58] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[39:01] | I won’t be publishing any more stories about Richie. | 我不会再发布和瑞奇相关的文章了 |
[39:04] | But I want to say for the record, | 但我想正式地表达一点 |
[39:08] | I wouldn’t be the reporter I am today without him. | 如果没有他 我不会成为今天的这个记者 |
[39:11] | And I know my dad feels the same way. | 我知道我爸爸也有同感 |
[39:25] | What have you got there, apples? | 你带了什么呀 苹果 |
[39:27] | -That’s it? -I got some apples over here. | -只有这些 -这边有苹果 |
[39:29] | -That’s all you brought was apples? -Yeah, something healthy. Hey. | -你只带了苹果 -对 健康食品 嘿 |
[39:32] | Hey, now we’re talking. | 嘿 这才像话 |
[39:36] | We’re pretty unstoppable. | 我们势不可挡 |
[39:49] | Hey. My name’s Kim. | 嗨 我叫金姆 |
[39:51] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[39:54] | You know, your dad, he used to be my best friend when I was your age. | 我在你这么大时 你爸爸是我最好的朋友 |
[39:59] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[40:01] | Hey, you. | 嗨 |
[40:04] | -Hey, man. -What’s up? | -嗨 哥们 -好吗 |
[40:06] | -How’s it going? You okay? -Oh, yeah. | -你还好吗 一切可好 -很好 |
[40:08] | Race you there. | 看谁先到 |
[40:12] | You know what I can’t get over… | 你们知道我很难接受哪一点吗… |
[40:16] | -is how old we all are. -Oh, God. | -我们都这么老了 -天啊 |
[40:31] | I just can’t believe we’re all here. | 不敢相信大家齐聚在这里 |
[40:38] | All because of a girl who never gave up… | 只因为一个小女孩不愿放弃 |
[40:43] | on a kid she never knew. | 寻找一个她素未谋面的孩子 |
[41:09] | So thank you to all of you. | 所以谢谢你们所有人 |
[41:13] | My friends and I will grow up in a safer, cleaner world | 我的朋友和我 将在一个更安全、干净的世界成长 |
[41:16] | all because you were brave enough to fight back. | 只因为你们拥有足够的勇气去反抗 |
[41:27] | And I hope you have some really good scoops for me. | 希望你们有精彩的独家消息提供给我 |
[41:30] | Because I am never ever going to stop searching for the truth. | 因为我永远不会放弃寻找真相 |
[41:44] | You guys! | 两位 |
[41:47] | Calling all units. 187. Possible homicide. | 呼叫所有小队 187号情况 可能杀人事件 |
[42:21] | Hey, you kids can’t be here. | 嘿 你们不能来这里 |
[42:24] | This is a crime scene. | 这里是犯罪现场 |
[42:26] | Come on. Let’s go. Donny, Spoon, on your bikes. | 快 走吧 唐尼、斯彭 上车吧 |
[42:29] | -Hilde, let’s go. Everybody out. -Hey. | -希尔蒂 走吧 大家都离开 -嘿 |
[42:31] | -Come on, Frank. -You can’t be here, guys. | -拜托 弗兰克 -你们不能来这里 |
[42:33] | Is that my notebook? | 那是我的笔记本吗 |