时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [ambient music playing] | |
[00:07] | [narrator] Our lives are filled with distraction, filled with stimulation. | 我们的生活充满了干扰和刺激 |
[00:11] | [indistinct chattering] | |
[00:14] | But imagine if there was a way to slow things down… | 但想像有一种能让事情慢下来 |
[00:17] | [music fades out] | |
[00:19] | …for the mind to unwind, and for our body to let go of that stress. | 让心智放松,让身体释放压力的方式 |
[00:24] | [soft music playing] | |
[00:29] | When was the last time that you stopped, | 你上一次停下来、静止不动 |
[00:31] | that you were still, that you put down your phone, | 放下手机、抛开身边分心事物 |
[00:34] | that you got rid of all the distractions around you? | 是什么时候? |
[00:41] | When was the last time that you did nothing? | 你上一次什么都不做是什么时候? |
[00:43] | [man exhales] | |
[00:45] | And by nothing, I really mean nothing. | 我指的真的是什么都不做 |
[00:56] | Hi, I’m Andy, and welcome to Headspace Guide to Meditation. | 嗨,我是安迪 欢迎来到《冥想正念指南》 |
[01:02] | I’m gonna be your guide as we explore the mind | 我会带领你探索心智 |
[01:05] | and discover how meditation can benefit us in our life. | 发掘冥想对生活的好处 |
[01:10] | Whether you’ve done some meditation before or completely new to this, | 不管你之前是否冥想过 或是第一次尝试 |
[01:14] | I’m gonna lead you through every step of the way. | 我都会一步步带领你 |
[01:17] | Throughout this series, | 在本系列的影片中 |
[01:19] | I’ll introduce you to a variety of techniques | 我会介绍各式各样的冥想技巧 |
[01:22] | and explain how each one can be used for specific situations in your life. | 并解释遇到什么情况 适合运用哪个技巧 |
[01:27] | At the end of each episode, | 每集最后 |
[01:29] | you’ll have the chance to practice that technique | 你有机会练习该技巧 |
[01:31] | as I guide you through a meditation. | 我会带你冥想 |
[01:34] | I hope to show you how meditation can help you to be more present | 希望带你了解 冥想能如何帮你更专注在当下 |
[01:38] | and less distracted, | 变得不那么容易分心 |
[01:40] | how it can bring a greater sense of enjoyment to life | 如何让生活更有乐趣 |
[01:42] | whilst helping us to connect with those that we care about most. | 同时帮助我们 与自己最关心的人建立联系 |
[01:52] | So you may be asking, “Well, what is meditation?” | 所以你可能会问:“冥想是什么?” |
[01:56] | Well, it’s actually a really simple thing. | 这个嘛,冥想其实很简单 |
[02:00] | Meditation is essentially a skill, a way of training our mind | 冥想基本上是一种训练心智的技巧 |
[02:05] | so that we can have a calmer, clearer mind | 能使我们的心智更加平静、清晰 |
[02:07] | and a greater sense of ease in our mind, our body, and in our life. | 让身、心以及生活更加逍遥自在 |
[02:14] | You can meditate alone, or you can meditate with others. | 你可以单独冥想或和其他人一起练习 |
[02:19] | So essentially, we’re just removing ourselves for a few minutes, | 我们要做的是 基本上就是定期花几分钟 |
[02:22] | perhaps a bit longer, on a regular basis when we pause and train the mind | 或是更久的时间 停下来训练心智 |
[02:27] | to be more present, less distracted. | 更活在当下,减少分心 |
[02:30] | [whooshing] | |
[02:34] | So I was about ten years old when I was first introduced to meditation. | 我大概十岁时,第一次接触冥想 |
[02:38] | But it wasn’t really until my late teens, maybe even my early 20s, | 但一直到快成年,或甚至20岁出头 |
[02:42] | that it had a bigger impact on my life. | 冥想才对我产生更大的影响 |
[02:46] | As I got a little bit older, I experienced some loss in my life, | 随著年龄的增长,我经历了一些失去 |
[02:49] | people really close to me. | 我失去了与我非常亲近的人 |
[02:52] | And I didn’t know how to deal with that, so I found myself overwhelmed by emotion. | 我不知道该怎么面对 我发现自己被情绪压垮 |
[02:56] | I found that my mind was often very busy. | 我发现我的脑袋老是转个不停 |
[03:02] | And I thought at some level that I could think my way out of it. | 我以为在某些程度上只要用想的 应该就能摆脱这种状况 |
[03:07] | As it turned out, I couldn’t. | 事实证明并非如此 |
[03:09] | I needed something more radical. | 我需要更极端的方法 |
[03:12] | And so I decided to quit my degree | 所以我决定放弃学位 |
[03:14] | and become a Buddhist monk instead. | 成为佛教僧侣 |
[03:18] | I went off to the Himalayas, and I began a journey of many years | 我跑到了喜马拉雅山 |
[03:22] | where I lived in a number of different monasteries | 开始了一趟持续多年的旅程 |
[03:24] | in different countries. | 到不同国家的僧院修行 |
[03:25] | And during that time, I had the good fortune to learn | 当时,我很幸运 |
[03:29] | from some of the greatest masters in many different traditions. | 能师从大师,学到不同传统 |
[03:34] | And my hope is that I can share their wisdom and their insight with you | 我希望 能与你分享他们的智慧和深刻见解 |
[03:38] | so that you don’t have to go to the Himalayas. | 你就不用大老远跑去喜马拉雅山了 |
[03:40] | You don’t have to become a monk or nun, | 你不必成为僧侣或尼姑 |
[03:43] | and you don’t have to make all the mistakes that I made on my journey. | 也不必重蹈我的覆辙 |
[03:47] | [whooshing] | |
[03:49] | When I started practicing at the monastery, | 我开始在僧院练习时 |
[03:51] | I just assumed that meditation meant to control the mind, | 我以为冥想的目的是控制心智 |
[03:55] | to change the mind, | 改变心智 |
[03:56] | to be able to get rid of thoughts and distractions. | 才能摆脱思绪和干扰 |
[04:01] | But my teacher explained it in a different way. He said, “Look, | 但我的老师用不同的方式解释 他说:“听好了 |
[04:04] | imagine that you’re sitting on the side of the road.” | 想像你坐在路边 |
[04:09] | He said, “Now all you have to do is to just sit there and watch the cars. | 你现在只要坐在那里 看著车子经过就好 |
[04:12] | The cars are your thoughts.” | 那些车子是你的思绪” |
[04:17] | Sounds easy, right? | 听起来很简单吧? |
[04:19] | But what usually happens | 但是通常 |
[04:21] | is that we feel a bit unsettled | 我们看著车流时 |
[04:23] | by the movement of the traffic. | 会感到有点不安 |
[04:27] | So we run out into the road, and we try and stop the cars. | 所以会冲到路上,试图拦下车辆 |
[04:30] | Or maybe we even find ourselves chasing after a few… | 或甚至跑去追车 |
[04:33] | [footsteps running] | |
[04:34] | …forgetting that the idea was to just sit there. | 忘记我们该做的就只是坐在路边 |
[04:39] | Now obviously, all of this running around | 这些奔跑当然只会 |
[04:41] | only adds to the feeling of restlessness in our mind. | 使我们的心智更加不安而已 |
[04:44] | So training the mind | 所以训练心智 |
[04:46] | is about changing our relationship with those passing thoughts and feelings. | 就是要改变我们 与那些思绪和感受的关系 |
[04:52] | Learning how to view them with a little more perspective, | 学会用更多不同的角度看待它们 |
[04:55] | and when we do this, we naturally find a place of calm. | 这么做的时候 我们自然会找到内在平静的空间 |
[05:02] | Will we sometimes forget | 我们是否有时会忘记练习的目的 |
[05:04] | the idea of the exercise and become distracted? | 而又分心了? |
[05:07] | Of course, we will. | 当然会 |
[05:08] | But as soon as we remember, here we are, | 但只要我们记得 自己该做的就是坐在路边 |
[05:11] | back on the side of the road again, just watching the traffic go by, | 就能回到路边继续看著车子经过 |
[05:16] | perfectly at ease in both body and mind. | 身心完全放松 |
[05:25] | [soft music playing] | |
[05:27] | One of the fundamental techniques for cultivating that place of calm | 培养平静空间的一个基本技巧 |
[05:31] | is called “focused attention.” | 叫做聚焦专注力 |
[05:35] | When we’re training the mind, having something to focus our attention on | 训练心智时 |
[05:38] | is really important. | 有一个专注点是很重要的 |
[05:39] | It could be a visualization, a question, a word, a phrase, | 专注点可以是一种想像 一个问题、字汇或短句 |
[05:44] | or maybe even something external. | 或甚至是外在的东西 |
[05:48] | The most common thing to focus on is the breath. | 最常见的是专注点就是呼吸 |
[05:52] | [exhales] | |
[05:53] | Having that place of focused attention, that gives us an anchor. | 有了专注点就好像有了锚似的 |
[05:57] | It’s something to come back to when we suddenly realize | 我们突然意识到思绪飘走时 |
[06:00] | that the mind’s wandered off. | 这就是该回来的地方 |
[06:02] | Which, of course, it inevitably will do at times. | 当然,思绪难免都会乱飘 |
[06:05] | [dog barking] | |
[06:06] | And when we focus on an object like the breath, | 当我们专注在呼吸这样的目标时 |
[06:09] | it’s not that we’re trying to escape thoughts | 并不是要逃离思绪 |
[06:11] | or shut out the world around us. | 或是把世界挡在外头 |
[06:13] | We’re learning to recognize | 我们是在学习辨识出 |
[06:15] | when we’ve got caught up in that thinking or in any type of distraction | 自己受困于思绪中 或受到任何干扰的时刻 |
[06:19] | and to gently step out of it, to let it go, | 并慢慢地脱离和放下 |
[06:22] | and to return to that place of calm, focused attention. | 回到平静、专注的空间 |
[06:26] | [exhales] | |
[06:31] | Techniques like focused attention are not something new. | 聚焦专注力并不是新的技巧 |
[06:35] | They’re part of a Buddhist tradition that dates back thousands of years. | 这是佛教传统的一部分 已有数千年历史 |
[06:39] | And within those practices, | 在那些练习中 |
[06:41] | there’s a tradition of passing down learning from teacher to student, teacher to student. | 有一项是代代师徒相传的传统 |
[06:46] | And it’s something that I was very fortunate to have experienced. | 我很幸运能体验到 |
[06:49] | And now I feel really privileged to share these teachings with you. | 现在我很荣幸能跟你分享这些教诲 |
[06:54] | So my hope is that when you meditate, you meditate with the confidence | 我希望你冥想的时候能带著自信 |
[06:59] | that this is something that’s been around, | 因为这是经过数千年 |
[07:01] | in R & D essentially, for thousands of years. | 研究与开发的技巧 |
[07:07] | The actual focus on the breath itself | 专注在呼吸本身 |
[07:09] | evolved from techniques that were developed almost 3,000 years ago. | 源自于近三千年前就开始发展的技巧 |
[07:15] | Now, of course, the people who’ve practiced over the years | 当然,这些年来 |
[07:18] | have felt the benefits | 练习这项技巧的人感受到益处 |
[07:19] | but haven’t necessarily been able to explain what’s happening physiologically. | 只是没办法确切解释生理上的变化 |
[07:24] | But in the last 20 years, scientists have been able to do just that, | 但过去20年来,科学家办到了 |
[07:28] | to rigorously measure | 他们积极测量 |
[07:29] | what’s happening to heart rate, to blood pressure, to stress levels, | 心率、血压 |
[07:34] | and even the structure of the brain itself. | 和压力程度 甚至是大脑结构本身的变化 |
[07:39] | When I was a monk, I had no idea | 我在僧院修行时完全不晓得 |
[07:40] | that there was something called “neuroplasticity,” | 世界上有“神经可塑性”这种东西 |
[07:44] | that the brain was flexible, malleable, that it could change, | 这是指大脑具有弹性、具延展性 结构可以改变 |
[07:48] | and that scientists were actually witnessing this | 科学家们发现了这点 |
[07:51] | by putting monks through an fMRI scanner | 他们让僧侣做核磁功能性磁振造影 |
[07:55] | and witnessing what was happening to the brain | 观察大脑在冥想前 |
[07:57] | before, during, and after meditation. | 冥想中以及冥想后的变化 |
[08:03] | And we know now that when we sit to meditate | 我们现在知道,坐下来冥想 |
[08:05] | in the same way as when we go | 就像我们出门 |
[08:08] | and work out in the gym, we train a muscle. | 去健身房训练肌肉 |
[08:10] | It gets thicker and stronger. | 让肌肉变得更大、更结实一样 |
[08:12] | In the same way, that part of the brain that’s responsible for a feeling | 同样地 |
[08:16] | of happiness and well-being, that’s receiving more blood flow. | 大脑负责感受快乐和幸福的区域 也接收到更多血液流入 |
[08:20] | It’s getting thicker. | 那些地方变得更厚、更强壮 |
[08:22] | It’s getting stronger, so we actually spend more time in that place. | 我们就会花更多时间待在那里 |
[08:29] | Meditation’s been proven | 研究证明冥想能减少压力 |
[08:30] | to reduce stress, frustration, depression, and pain, | 挫折、忧郁和疼痛 |
[08:34] | and also to increase happiness, | 同时增加幸福感 |
[08:36] | heightening levels of patience, acceptance, and compassion. | 提升耐心、接受度和恻隐之心 |
[08:42] | So, even when you’re sitting there, and it feels like nothing’s happening, | 就算你只是坐在那里 感觉什么事情都没发生 |
[08:46] | you can feel confident | 你还是能充满信心 |
[08:47] | that meditation and mindfulness | 冥想和正念 |
[08:50] | can make a change in our life. | 可以改变我们的生活 |
[08:52] | [inhales, exhales] | |
[08:55] | The best way of experiencing meditation is to actually do it, | 体验冥想最好的方法就是实际执行 |
[08:59] | not to just talk about it. | 而不是空谈 |
[09:02] | Now, I’m gonna guide you through it, so don’t worry if you’ve never done | 我会引导你 所以第一次尝试这种过程 |
[09:05] | anything like this before. | 也别担心 |
[09:08] | And remember, some days, meditation’s gonna feel easy. | 记住 有时候冥想很简单 |
[09:12] | On other days, it might feel difficult. | 有些时候会觉得很困难 |
[09:14] | The trick is to gently stay with it each time, | 秘诀是每次都继续停留 |
[09:17] | no matter how it feels. | 不管有什么样的感受 |
[09:21] | The most important thing is that you set yourself up | 最重要的是 |
[09:23] | in a place that you’re gonna be comfortable. | 要让自己处在舒适的空间里 |
[09:25] | Now, you can do this sitting up or lying down. | 你可以坐著或躺下 |
[09:29] | You definitely don’t have to be sitting cross-legged on the floor. | 完全不必盘腿坐在地上 |
[09:32] | And you can do it alone, or you can do it with others. | 要独自进行或与他人一起练习都可以 |
[09:37] | You ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[09:38] | Let’s give it a go. | 来试试看吧 |
[09:41] | [music fades out] | |
[09:42] | We’re gonna start with the eyes open and a nice, soft-focus, | 先将眼睛张开 |
[09:45] | just aware of the space around you. | 眼神要徐缓但专注 只要留心周遭环境就好 |
[09:49] | And with that soft focus with the eyes, | 继续保持徐缓但专注的眼神 |
[09:51] | we’re gonna take a couple of big, deep breaths, | 做几次深长的呼吸 |
[09:53] | breathing in through the nose… | 用鼻子吸气 |
[09:57] | and out through the mouth. | 用嘴巴吐气 |
[10:01] | As you breathe in, notice how the lungs fill with air, the body expands. | 吸气时感受肺部充满空气 身体扩张 |
[10:07] | As you exhale, just noticing how the body softens | 吐气时,只要观察身体肌肉 如何在你吐气时 |
[10:12] | as you breathe out. | 开始放松 |
[10:14] | Just one more time, breathing in through the nose. | 最后一次,用鼻子吸气 |
[10:19] | And this time, | 这次 |
[10:21] | as you breathe out through the mouth, if you’d like to, | 用嘴巴吐气时,要的话 |
[10:23] | just gently closing the eyes. | 也能轻闭双眼 |
[10:28] | And just take a moment before you do anything else | 做其他事情之前,再停留一点时间 |
[10:32] | just to appreciate and enjoy that feeling of having stopped, | 感谢并享受这种停下来的感觉 |
[10:38] | of having nothing to do, nowhere to go. | 不用去别的地方,不用做其他事情 |
[10:45] | Notice the feeling of weight. | 观察身体的重量 |
[10:48] | The weight of the body pressing down against the seat or the floor beneath you. | 压在座位或是身体下方的地板上 |
[10:58] | And take a moment as well just to notice your surroundings | 然后花点时间注意周围的环境 |
[11:01] | without looking around, | 不需要四处张望 |
[11:03] | just noticing the different sounds, not trying to shut them out, | 只要观察不同的声音 不必把声音挡在外头 |
[11:08] | perhaps noticing any resistance towards them, | 或许你会观察到自己想反抗那些声音 |
[11:12] | just getting comfortable in that space. | 只要在空间里感到自在舒适 |
[11:19] | And use this opportunity as well just to notice how the body feels. | 也利用这次机会观察身体的感觉 |
[11:23] | Very often, we don’t really take time to notice how the body feels. | 我们很少花时间留意身体的感觉 |
[11:29] | So is there a feeling of heaviness or lightness in the body? | 身体是沉重还是轻盈的? |
[11:36] | A sense of restlessness or stillness in the body? | 感到平静或是躁动不安? |
[11:49] | And as you bring your attention into the body, | 你将专注力带到身体时 |
[11:52] | just starting to become more aware of that feeling, | 开始将多一点意识 |
[11:57] | that movement of breath in the body. | 带到身体呼吸的起伏感觉上 |
[12:01] | So you don’t have to breathe in any special way. | 不需要用特殊的方法呼吸 |
[12:03] | Just allow the body to do its own thing. | 只要让身体自己运作就好 |
[12:07] | Some people feel the movement of breath in their chest, their shoulders. | 有些人会感觉到胸口和肩膀的起伏 |
[12:12] | For some, it’s in the diaphragm, and for some, it’s in the stomach. | 有些人会感觉到横膈膜起伏 有些人则是感到腹部起伏 |
[12:17] | You can’t feel anything, any movement, | 如果你感觉不到任何起伏 |
[12:19] | just gently place your hand on your stomach, | 轻轻地把手放在肚子上 |
[12:21] | so you can feel that rising and falling sensation. | 感受上升和下降的感觉 |
[12:35] | So just settling the mind. | 让心智慢慢沉淀下来 |
[12:39] | Again, | 记住 |
[12:40] | thoughts are gonna arise. The mind’s gonna wander. | 浮现思绪、心智漫游是很正常的 |
[12:43] | Just notice when the mind’s wandered off, | 只要注意到自己的思绪飘走了就好 |
[12:47] | and just gently come back to the breath. | 然后再慢慢回到呼吸上 |
[12:52] | To begin with, we’re just noticing the breath in a very general way. | 一开始,我们只要大致观察呼吸 |
[12:56] | Perhaps starting to notice whether the breaths are long or short, | 或许你会开始注意到呼吸是长或短 |
[13:03] | deep or shallow. | 深或浅 |
[13:17] | And we might find ourselves thinking either about the exercise or other things, | 我们可能发现 自己在想这个练习或其他事情 |
[13:22] | just realizing when that’s happened, letting those thoughts go | 只要注意到有这样的情况就好 让思绪过去 |
[13:27] | and coming back to the breath again. | 把专注力带回呼吸上 |
[13:32] | And just to make it a little easier to focus on the breath, | 为了让大家更能专注于呼吸 |
[13:36] | we’re gonna begin to count the breaths as they pass. | 我们会开始数呼吸 |
[13:39] | So, as you feel the rising sensation, counting one. | 感受到上升时,数一 |
[13:44] | Falling sensation, two. | 下降时,数二 |
[13:47] | Just silently in the mind, then three and four, | 在心中默数,三 四 |
[13:52] | just up to a count of ten. | 数到十 |
[13:54] | When you get to ten, you’re gonna stop and start again at one. | 数到十之后停止 再从一开始数 |
[14:19] | So remember, no effort required. | 记住,你不必刻意呼吸 |
[14:22] | The body knows how to breathe. | 身体自己知道该怎么做 |
[14:30] | Not getting involved in any thinking, just allowing the thoughts to come and go. | 不必做任何思考 只要让思绪来来去去 |
[14:51] | And in those moments when you realize the mind’s wandered off, | 当你… 发现思绪飘走时 |
[14:55] | just gently bringing the attention back to the breath again. | 只要慢慢将注意力再次带回到呼吸上 |
[15:12] | So we’ll just stay with that feeling… | 我们要停留在这里 |
[15:17] | a rising and falling sensation… | 感受上升和下降的感觉 |
[15:22] | just for a few moments longer. | 再停留一下就好 |
[15:48] | And then, just for a moment now, | 现在花点时间 |
[15:51] | I’d like you to let go | 请你放下… |
[15:54] | of any focus, even of the breath now, | 任何专注力,也不用再留意呼吸 |
[15:57] | and for a few seconds, just allow your mind | 就几秒钟的时间 |
[15:59] | to do whatever it wants to do. | 让心智去做它想做的事 |
[16:02] | So if it’s been wanting to think, you can let it think now. | 所以如果它一直想思考 现在可以让它思考了 |
[16:05] | Just allow the mind to do whatever it wants to do. | 只要让心智做它任何想做的事就好 |
[16:26] | And now just gently bringing the attention back to the body. | 现在慢慢将注意力带回到身体 |
[16:32] | Just coming back now to that feeling of weight, | 回来感受那股重量 |
[16:35] | that feeling of contact against the seat | 以及身体和座位 |
[16:38] | or the floor beneath you. | 或与地板接触的感觉 |
[16:44] | Perhaps noticing the sounds around you again. | 你或许会再次注意到周遭的声音 |
[16:50] | And whenever you feel ready, you can just gently open your eyes again. | 等你准备好,再轻轻地 张开眼睛 |
[16:57] | But before you move, | 在你移动前 |
[16:59] | just take a moment to notice how you feel | 停留一下,观察自己… |
[17:02] | in your body and in your mind. | 身体的感受 和心理的感受 |
[17:06] | The more often we do this after meditation, | 冥想后多做这样的感受练习 |
[17:09] | the more we’re reminded of how much we need to pause in our life, | 就更能提醒自己 |
[17:15] | to take this time out for ourselves. | 我们有多么需要暂停 留点时间给自己 |
[17:22] | And if you can resist any temptation to analyze what’s happened, | 可以的话,克制任何想分析这段过程 |
[17:27] | the benefits, or anything else, just knowing that in taking the time, | 益处或其他事情的诱惑 只要知道花这么一点时间 |
[17:32] | it’s making a difference. | 就能有所改变 |
[17:35] | And then my final bit of advice is | 我最后的建议是 |
[17:38] | always, before you get up, just remind yourself as an intention | 在你起身前,每次都要提醒自己 |
[17:42] | to take this quality of mind with you into your life. | 将这种觉察带到日常生活中 |
[17:45] | It’s great to take some time out, | 留时间给自己 |
[17:47] | to close our eyes, to be still, to be quiet. | 闭上眼睛 保持静止、安静是很棒的事 |
[17:51] | And there are real benefits to that, | 这有确切的益处 |
[17:53] | but I feel like the real benefits of meditation are found | 但我觉得冥想真正的益处 |
[17:56] | when we take that quality of mind into our everyday life, | 是在我们将那样的觉察带入日常生活 |
[18:00] | into our relationships, into our experience. | 人际关系和生活经验中最能感受到 |
[18:04] | So always putting in that intention before you get up and move. | 当你起身移动之前 |
[18:08] | [electronic music playing] | 一定要有这样的意识 |
[18:12] | So, I hope you’ll join me in episode two | 希望你可以继续收看第二集 |
[18:14] | as we explore how we can let go of the baggage | 我们将探索如何放下 |
[18:18] | that we carry around with us in our mind | 心里的包袱 |
[18:21] | and how we can find a greater sense of acceptance | 以及如何在生活中找到更大的包容感 |
[18:23] | and relaxation in our life. | 以及放松的感觉 |
[18:26] | I’ll be back here then with a new technique for you. | 我将与你分享新的技巧 |
[18:28] | I look forward to seeing you then. | 期待下次再见 |
[18:34] | [electronic music playing] |