时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | 坎伯 寄 福特探员 收 | |
[02:36] | Got another one. | 又收到一封 |
[02:40] | “Wish you were here.” | “真希望你在” |
[02:45] | “Dear Holden, it’s been some time since we’ve seen each other, | “亲爱的霍顿 离我们上次见有一阵子了 |
[02:48] | and while the memory of your voice has faded, | 虽然我脑海中你的声音已逐渐消散 |
[02:50] | what we discussed has not. | 我们的讨论却记忆犹新 |
[02:52] | I’ve had more insights into my behavior, | 我对我的行为有了更多认识 |
[02:54] | which I’d like to share with you at your earliest convenience. | 希望能尽快和你分享 |
[02:57] | Warmest regards, Ed Kemper.” | 祝好 艾德·坎伯” |
[02:59] | Ed Kemper writes you? | 艾德·坎伯给你写信 |
[03:00] | If OPR decides to pay a site visit… | 要是职责调查部决定来一次实地调查… |
[03:02] | Fuck ’em. | 去他们的 |
[03:06] | – Bill Tench. – Bill, Detective Chambers. | -比尔·坦奇 -比尔 我是钱伯斯警探 |
[03:09] | Hey, Gordon, how’s it going down there? | 你好 戈登 一切还顺利吗 |
[03:11] | You’re not gonna be happy. | 你不会高兴的 |
[03:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:14] | I had Devier come in, suggested a polygraph. | 我把德维尔叫到警局 提出做个测谎 |
[03:16] | I wanted to see his reaction, and he agreed to it. | 我想看他的反应 他同意了 |
[03:19] | – You polygraphed him? – That’s right. | -你给他测谎了 -是的 |
[03:21] | And he passed. | 他通过了 |
[03:22] | – Inconclusive. – Shit. | -结论不明 -该死 |
[03:24] | We don’t get that result too often. | 这个结果可不常见 |
[03:25] | Because it only occurs six percent of the time. | 因为仅有百分之六的概率 |
[03:28] | It usually has to do with how the questions are worded. | 通常跟问题的措辞有关 |
[03:30] | – Lab found Lisa’s blood on the rock. – Inconclusive. | -实验室在石块上发现了丽萨的血 -结论不明 |
[03:33] | Devier, he’d cleaned the car. | 德维尔 他已经把车清理了 |
[03:35] | – And so, no physical evidence. – That’s right. | -这样一来 没有物证 -没错 |
[03:37] | Think that’s bad, the inconclusive? | 这样不妙吗 结论不明 |
[03:38] | Definitely won’t put him away with it. | 绝对不够定他的罪 |
[03:40] | Worst case scenario, he’s exonerated. | 最坏的情况 他被无罪释放 |
[03:42] | – Can you hold a moment? – Sure. | -能等一下吗 -好 |
[03:45] | – You get all that? – They’ve got nothing on him? | -听到了吗 -他们什么证据都没有 |
[03:47] | Sounds like he was happy to take the polygraph. | 听上去他很乐意接受测谎 |
[03:48] | Now he’ll be cockier than ever. | 现在他更加自大了 |
[03:51] | – See if he’ll talk to us. – There’s no way. | -看他愿不愿意跟我们谈谈 -不可能 |
[03:54] | Ask him. | 问问他 |
[03:55] | How convinced are we that he’s guilty? | 我们有多确信他有罪 |
[03:56] | What percentage convinced? | 有百分之多少 |
[03:57] | – Hundred percent. – I’m about 70. | -百分之百 -我觉得百分之七十 |
[03:59] | It is no accident that this | 这个修剪工人 |
[04:00] | tree trimmer was accused of rape in another county. | 在另一个县被控强奸绝不是偶然 |
[04:02] | He’d have to be Mirandized. | 这样一来 他要被宣读米兰达权利 |
[04:04] | It’s a death penalty state. There’s nothing in it for him. | 那个州有死刑 这样对他没好处 |
[04:07] | He is a narcissist. Might just do it to prove that he can. | 他是个自大狂 也许他会因为想证明自己答应我们 |
[04:12] | Have Chambers extend an invitation. | 让钱伯斯向他提出邀请 |
[04:19] | – Hey, Gordon? – Yeah. | -戈登 -嗯 |
[04:21] | Here’s an idea. | 我们有个主意 |
[04:25] | Can you bring in Devier later? | 你能过会把德维尔带到局里吗 |
[04:27] | Sure. Tonight? | 当然 今晚吗 |
[04:28] | 6, 7:00 p.m. Casual, a little evening chat. | 晚上六七点 随意些 就是晚间闲聊 |
[04:31] | Assure him he’s not under arrest, but it’s important, | 向他保证不是要逮捕他 但很重要 |
[04:33] | the FBI wants to talk to him. | 联邦探员想找他谈话 |
[04:35] | We’re doing this after-hours to be more casual? | 我们选择下班时间是为了不那么正式吗 |
[04:37] | Make it seem that way. He’ll be tired, he’ll let down his guard. | 表面弄成这样 他会很累 放下戒备 |
[04:40] | Then he’ll realize we’re working overtime. We mean business. | 然后他会意识到我们仍然在工作 这是动真格的 |
[04:45] | Once he gets to the station, let him wait before we talk to him. | 等他到了局里 谈话之前让他等会 |
[04:47] | – Okay. – At least an hour. | -好的 -至少等一小时 |
[04:50] | That’s supposed to… | 那样是为了… |
[04:51] | You ever wait for test results in a doctor’s office? | 你在医生办公室等过检查结果吗 |
[04:53] | We need to create in him a visceral memory. | 我们得给他留下深刻的记忆 |
[04:55] | We need to elicit a physiological response. | 我们得诱发生理上的反应 |
[04:58] | – We need a shoe. – A shoe? | -我们需要一只”鞋” -鞋 |
[05:01] | It’s something we used to crack another sociopath. | 我们用它击垮了另一个反社会分子 |
[05:03] | We need to find the equivalent for Devier. | 我们得找到德维尔身上类似的弱点 |
[05:11] | – Show me everything you got on Devier. – Brass. | -把你掌握的所有德维尔资料都给我 -布拉斯 |
[05:17] | – This is it? – That’s it. | -就这些 -都在这了 |
[05:19] | Okay, I need a lot more. | 好吧 我需要更多 |
[05:20] | Several of these folders, make them thick. | 多拿几个这种文件夹 摞厚点 |
[05:22] | Go to the copier. Use blank pages if you need to. | 去复印 实在没办法用白纸也行 |
[05:25] | I want it to look like Manhattan Yellow Pages. | 我想让它看着像曼哈顿电话簿一样厚 |
[05:28] | – Evidence room? – This way. | -物证室在哪 -这边 |
[05:35] | What have we here? | 看看都有什么 |
[05:43] | This is great. This is perfect. | 很棒 简直完美 |
[05:45] | Where’s her baton? Her twirling baton? | 她的指挥棒呢 用来挥舞的指挥棒 |
[05:49] | – She didn’t have that on her. – Okay. | -她当时没带在身上 -好吧 |
[05:53] | Take all of this to the interview room. | 把这些都搬到审讯室去 |
[05:56] | Yes, sir. | 好的 |
[05:57] | You have anything from where the body was found? | 有从发现尸体的地方带回来的物证吗 |
[06:00] | Just on that shelf, the one below. | 就在那个架子上 下面那层 |
[06:09] | Well, all right. | 好吧 |
[06:13] | Is there a five and dime around here? | 这旁边有廉价商品店吗 |
[06:15] | Right off the square. | 就在广场旁边 |
[06:16] | Get a baton, fine if it’s cheap. Remove the price tag. | 买一根指挥棒 便宜的也行 把价签撕掉 |
[06:19] | – Drag it around in the dirt. – Okay. | -在泥地上划几下 -好的 |
[06:20] | I don’t want him to see evidence. | 我不想让他把这些当成物证 |
[06:22] | I want him to see a sweet little girl. | 而是让他想象出一个可爱的女生 |
[06:24] | Hurry. | 快去 |
[06:30] | Listen, when we get Devier in here, | 听着 等我们把德维尔带进来 |
[06:31] | I’m gonna ask him questions that may make you uncomfortable. | 我可能会问一些让你感觉不适的问题 |
[06:35] | Acing the polygraph just | 他骗过了测谎仪 |
[06:36] | lowered his blood pressure, so sit tight, okay? | 压力没那么大了 所以耐心等一等好吗 |
[06:39] | Sure. | 好的 |
[06:43] | All this an FBI thing? | 这是联调局的套路吗 |
[06:46] | It’s, uh… his thing. | 是他的套路 |
[06:51] | We have Devier coming across the street. | 德维尔过来了 |
[07:06] | Devier. | 德维尔 |
[07:09] | Come right through here. | 进来 |
[07:25] | So I’m going to have you wait down the hall here. | 你先在走廊等一下 |
[07:27] | Wait while the agents come in. Bring back smokes or anything? | 等探员过来 你想抽烟什么的吗 |
[07:30] | – Yeah, that’d be great. – All right. | -那就太好了 -好 |
[07:32] | Don’t know how much more information I can provide, | 不知道我还能再提供什么信息 |
[07:34] | but I’ll help any way I can. | 但我会尽力协助 |
[07:36] | They just want to talk to you. Through here. | 他们只是想跟你谈谈 这边 |
[07:52] | He’s in there. | 他在那里 |
[07:54] | Gene, hello. I’m Special Agent Holden Ford. | 吉恩 你好 我是特别探员霍顿·福特 |
[07:58] | Special Agent Bill Tench. | 特别探员比尔·坦奇 |
[08:00] | Detective Chambers, you guys have met. | 钱伯斯警探 你们已经见过了 |
[08:02] | Thanks much for doing this. You’ve been Mirandized, right? | 感谢配合 你被宣读过权利了吧 |
[08:04] | – Again. – Great. | -不止一次 -很好 |
[08:06] | We’re gonna do this as quickly as possible. | 我们会尽快进行 |
[08:08] | I’m sure you’ve got better things to do tonight. | 你今晚肯定有更好的计划 |
[08:12] | Army life wasn’t for me. I’ll admit that. | 军旅生活不适合我 我承认 |
[08:15] | Too regimented. | 太过严苛 |
[08:16] | Couldn’t stand them barking orders at me all the time. | 受不了他们一直冲我吼那些命令 |
[08:19] | I like things more laid back, you know. | 我更喜欢松散的生活 |
[08:22] | Working outdoors, the fresh air. | 在户外工作 呼吸新鲜空气 |
[08:25] | John, my boss, he was great about hiring me, | 我上司约翰 他不介意雇佣我 |
[08:27] | even with the discharge. | 即使我被部队除名了 |
[08:29] | It seemed like a perfect fit. | 这份工作看起来很完美 |
[08:31] | Out in the weather, working with my hands. | 在户外 用我的双手工作 |
[08:33] | Military’s not for everyone. | 军营不适合所有人 |
[08:35] | You can’t know that before you go in. | 但入伍之前没法知道 |
[08:37] | You went voluntarily? | 你是自愿入伍的 |
[08:38] | ‘Nam was pretty much over, figured it’d be low-key. | 越战基本打完了 想着也不会多辛苦 |
[08:41] | Looks like you’ve married and divorced twice. | 你好像结了两次婚又离了两次婚 |
[08:43] | What can I say? I’m popular with the ladies. | 我能说什么呢 姑娘们都喜欢我 |
[08:45] | – Or unpopular. – Depending on how you look at it. | -或者都不喜欢 -那要看你怎么看了 |
[08:48] | I made mistakes. | 我犯过错 |
[08:49] | Married my first girl when we were 16. | 16岁的时候娶了第一任妻子 |
[08:51] | Just after you dropped out of high school? | 当时你刚刚高中辍学 |
[08:53] | – Yeah. – Why’d you drop out? | -对 -为什么辍学 |
[08:55] | Trouble sitting still. | 没法安静坐着 |
[08:56] | School made me a little nuts, too. | 学校也让我受不了 |
[08:58] | So you married your first girl. | 所以你娶了初恋 |
[09:01] | – Why’d you split up? – We were fighting all the time. | -你们为什么离婚 -我们总是吵架 |
[09:03] | – What about your second wife? – Same story. | -那第二任妻子呢 -一样 |
[09:06] | But you’re living again with your first ex-wife? | 但现在你又和第一任前妻同居了 |
[09:08] | Yeah. I know. I know. It’s kind of… | 对 我知道 这有点… |
[09:11] | Same story? Still fighting? | 还是一样吗 整天吵架 |
[09:13] | – Sometimes. – But she’s not 16 anymore. | -有时候吧 -但她不再是16岁少女了 |
[09:16] | Nope. Oh, no. | 对 不再是了 |
[09:18] | The bloom of youth has faded. | 青春的花朵枯萎了 |
[09:23] | You all got a lot of information on me. | 你们掌握了我的不少信息啊 |
[09:25] | The FBI is thorough. | 联调局调查很彻底 |
[09:27] | Yeah, well, what am I, some kind of gangster? | 我什么人啊 帮派分子吗 |
[09:30] | Bureaucracy. | 公事公办而已 |
[09:34] | Well, listen, I got to mosey out of here soon, so if we could… | 我还有事儿急着走呢 能不能快点 |
[09:37] | Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[09:39] | Let’s get down to business. | 说正事吧 |
[09:41] | You’re really important to us, Gene. | 你对我们非常重要 吉恩 |
[09:43] | You were on Lisa’s street the week before she disappeared. | 丽萨失踪的前一周你就在那条街上当班 |
[09:45] | You had a bird’s-eye view of the entire place. | 你能鸟瞰整条街 |
[09:48] | Yeah, but I mean, I didn’t see nothing. | 倒是 但我什么都没看见啊 |
[09:50] | You know, I was focused on them trees. You got to be. | 我光专心锯树枝了 不专心不行 |
[09:53] | Especially when you’re working the saw. | 尤其是你摆弄电锯的时候 |
[09:55] | Understood, but… | 明白 但是 |
[09:57] | we’re kind of grasping at straws here. | 我们也是实在没办法了 |
[09:59] | You’re the closest thing we have to an eyewitness. | 你是我们能找到的最接近目击证人的人了 |
[10:03] | Well, I took your polygraph. I’m an open book. | 我都接受测谎了 我知道的就说 |
[10:07] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[10:10] | So… | 那么 |
[10:12] | you must have seen Lisa coming and going that week. | 那个星期你肯定看见丽萨上下学了 |
[10:14] | Not really. | 也没怎么看见 |
[10:16] | Maybe once or twice. | 也许一两次吧 |
[10:18] | If she wore that outfit, couldn’t have missed her. | 如果她穿了那身服装 你肯定看得见 |
[10:23] | Yeah. Oh, yeah, I guess I saw her in that a couple of times. | 没错 我是看见几次她穿着那身衣服 |
[10:27] | Feathered hat, silver baton? | 羽毛帽子 银色指挥棒 |
[10:29] | Uh… yeah. | 大概吧 |
[10:30] | What time she catch the school bus in the morning? | 她每天上午几点赶校车上学 |
[10:33] | Well, let’s see, I’d get there about 7:00, | 我想想 我到那忙活是七点 |
[10:35] | she’d come out maybe half hour later. | 她大概半个小时之后就出门了 |
[10:38] | And what time did the bus drop her back off? | 那校车什么时候送她回来 |
[10:42] | Oh, I can’t say. | 这我说不准了 |
[10:43] | Um, I mean, maybe 3:30, 4:00. | 大概三点半 四点的吧 |
[10:46] | Ever see her talk to anyone when she got off the bus? | 看见过她下车之后跟什么人说过话吗 |
[10:49] | No, sir. | 没有 |
[10:50] | Anyone on her street who looked like he didn’t belong there? | 有没有不像本地住户的人在街上晃 |
[10:53] | Not that I can recall, but, I mean… | 我真想不起来 不过 |
[10:56] | I wasn’t even working the week that she disappeared. | 她失踪那周我甚至没去上班 |
[10:59] | Right. | 也对 |
[11:02] | Oh, hold on, it almost ended. | 等等 快录满了 |
[11:08] | That’s what she had on her that day. | 她那天就是穿着这些 |
[11:15] | Heartbreaking. | 真让人难过 |
[11:18] | By all accounts, she was a sweet kid. | 不管怎么说 她都是个好姑娘 |
[11:21] | Yeah, she seemed real friendly. | 是啊 她看起来可和善了 |
[11:24] | You noticed that? | 你注意到了 |
[11:25] | You know, just saw her | 就是看到她 |
[11:26] | playing in the yard with her dog, you know. | 在院子里和狗玩 |
[11:28] | I mean, I guess you could say she was… | 甚至可以说她是… |
[11:30] | – Precocious? – Right. | -早熟 -没错 |
[11:32] | Did you ever talk to her? | 你和她说过话吗 |
[11:34] | – No. – She ever talk to you? | -没有 -她和你说过吗 |
[11:37] | Waved a time or two. | 打过一两次招呼吧 |
[11:42] | – Was she a cheerleader? – Majorette. | -她是啦啦队员吧 -是指挥 |
[11:48] | Those girls on the dance team are something else. | 舞队的女孩儿可真是不一般 |
[11:51] | I always had the hots for them. | 总是看得我眼热心跳 |
[11:54] | I mean… | 你看 |
[11:58] | she looks pretty tasty in that outfit, doesn’t she? | 她穿着制服 秀色可餐啊 是不是 |
[12:04] | – Sure. – It’s very revealing. | -是吧 -前凸后翘的 |
[12:07] | Yeah, I guess. | 大概吧 |
[12:10] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[12:12] | You guys don’t think so? | 你们不这么觉得吗 |
[12:15] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[12:17] | Definitely looks older than 12. | 肯定要比12岁成熟啊 |
[12:18] | See, that’s what I thought. | 我也这么以为的 |
[12:20] | Okay. Thank you. So it’s not just me? | 谢谢你 原来不止我自己这么想 |
[12:23] | Well, these girls these days, they’re developing so early. | 这年头的女孩儿 都发育得特提前 |
[12:26] | Sure are. | 可不是吗 |
[12:28] | Of course, Lisa was in junior high. | 当然了 丽萨只是个初中生 |
[12:30] | Whoever picked her up might not have known that. | 那晚不管是谁对她动手 都不知道这点 |
[12:35] | I mean, I’m sitting here wracking my brain, | 我在这绞尽脑汁地想 |
[12:38] | trying to remember if I saw someone, but… | 就是想回忆下看见过谁 但是 |
[12:40] | We believe he thought she was older | 我们认为这个人觉得她年龄更大 |
[12:42] | She was friendly, probably came up to him. | 她这么和气 没准是主动和他搭话的 |
[12:43] | He thought if they got together, it’d be consensual. | 他以为如果他们做了 也是两情相悦 |
[12:46] | Well, 14 is the age of consent. | 是啊 14岁是自愿年龄线 |
[12:50] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[12:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:57] | I guess Georgia’s kind of forward-thinking in that respect. | 佐治亚州在这方面还挺有远见的 |
[13:01] | I mean, by the time a woman has hair on her pussy, | 一个女人开始长阴毛 |
[13:04] | you’d think she’d be able to decide who gets a piece of it. | 她就应该有能力决定和谁发生关系 |
[13:08] | I mean, yeah, man. I never thought about it like that before, | 是啊 我从没这么想过 |
[13:11] | – but, yeah. – But it’s kind of true. | -不过是的 -可就是这样的 |
[13:13] | – Could make a case. – Some women shave down there. | -很有道理 -有些女人会剃阴毛 |
[13:15] | – You ever see that? – No. | -你见过吗 -没 |
[13:17] | They look so young. | 看上去特别嫩 |
[13:21] | – Have you seen it? – No, but heard tell. | -那你见过吗 -没 但我听说过 |
[13:23] | – I tried to get my girlfriend to do it. – You think she would? | -我试图让我女朋友这么做 -你觉得她会吗 |
[13:26] | – She’s considering. – What did you even say to her? | -她在考虑 -你和她说了什么 |
[13:30] | I told her, “Honey, this turns me on.” | 我跟她说 “宝贝 这让我欲火中烧” |
[13:32] | Just direct like that? | 这么直接吗 |
[13:34] | Yeah, I don’t know if she’s gonna do it. | 嗯 我不知道她会不会剃 |
[13:35] | Women have their own minds these days, but it sure would be hot, | 如今的女人都有自己的想法 但那样肯定很性感 |
[13:40] | don’t you think? | 你不觉得吗 |
[13:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[13:43] | You got to make it with that young pussy before it turns into Mom. | 你得在嫩逼老了前尝尝它的鲜 |
[13:51] | She’s chatting him up, | 她和他搭讪 |
[13:53] | maybe he’s thinking she looks old enough to wear this outfit, | 或许他觉得她到了穿这身衣服的年龄 |
[13:55] | twirl a baton, march in the band, | 挥舞指挥棒 与学校乐队一同游行 |
[13:56] | probably got some hair on her, but not too much. | 她可能长了点阴毛 但不多 |
[13:59] | Let’s take a break. | 我们休息下吧 |
[14:01] | You need a break, Gene? | 你需要休息下吗 吉恩 |
[14:04] | – No, I’m okay. – Well, I need a break. | -不用 -我需要 |
[14:08] | I am gravely concerned with this line of questioning. | 我非常担忧这一系列问题 |
[14:11] | I told you, you need to relax. | 我跟你说了 你需要淡定 |
[14:12] | If it came out in court we suggested the girl flirted with him… | 如果法庭得知我们暗示那个女孩和他调情 |
[14:15] | – How would it come out? – He turned off the tape. | -怎么会知道 -他把录音关了 |
[14:18] | Yeah, I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[14:19] | I don’t know about that, either. | 这事也很让我担忧 |
[14:21] | You agree with this? | 你同意这么做吗 |
[14:23] | In theory. Not so much in practice. | 理论上同意 实践的话就没那么同意了 |
[14:26] | I will take full responsibility for what happens in there. | 里面发生的事 我会承担一切后果 |
[14:37] | Most people would call it a cherry picker, | 大多数人会称之为车载升降台 |
[14:40] | but the industry term would be a boom lift or a boom truck. | 但它的工业术语是吊杆装卸机或者吊杆起重机 |
[14:43] | – What’s the highest you’ve been? – About 50 feet. | -你最高到过什么高度 -大约15米 |
[14:46] | – In a tree? – That’s right. | -在树上吗 -没错 |
[14:48] | But you’re in a harness, right? | 但你有系安全带 对吧 |
[14:50] | Well, of course, at that height. | 当然 那么高的高度 |
[14:51] | But sometimes you got to get out to get them faraway limbs. | 但有时你得出去才能修剪到远处的树枝 |
[14:55] | – Don’t look down, huh? – No, that don’t bother me no more. | -别朝下看 -我已经不怕了 |
[14:58] | You saw Lisa waving to you a couple of times. | 你说你看到丽萨对你挥手过几次 |
[15:00] | Must not have been too far up to see that. | 你当时所在高度应该不高吧 |
[15:02] | No, I’m not too sure. | 我不确定 |
[15:04] | – She ever talk to you? – No. | -她跟你说过话吗 -没有 |
[15:07] | But I already told you that. | 但我已经跟你说过了 |
[15:09] | Hmm. Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:11] | Why? | 为什么又问一次 |
[15:13] | We have one person, said she saw the two of you talking. | 有个人声称看到过你们聊天 |
[15:16] | Well, I thought I was your star witness. | 我不是你们的主要证人吗 |
[15:19] | Only one watching the street. | 唯一盯着街道的人 |
[15:20] | Listen, you’re a good-looking guy. | 听着 你长得挺好看 |
[15:22] | Did she just come up to you, being friendly? | 她有没有主动来找过你 表示友好 |
[15:25] | She sees you up there every day, sweating away in the hot sun. | 她每天看到你在上面 在骄阳下辛苦工作 |
[15:28] | Could she have maybe offered you a soda? | 她有没有问过你要不要喝汽水 |
[15:33] | She could’ve come up and talked to me. | 她有可能来和我说过话 |
[15:36] | Can you remember? | 你能记起来吗 |
[15:39] | – I guess. – It’s coming back to you. | -也许吧 -你想起来了 |
[15:41] | Just that… she could’ve talked to me. | 她可能和我说过话 |
[15:44] | What did she say? | 她说了什么 |
[15:46] | – I don’t know. – You don’t? | -我不知道 -不知道 |
[15:48] | – No. – No idea at all? | -是的 -完全不知道吗 |
[15:50] | You weren’t listening? | 你没听吗 |
[15:53] | I can’t recall. | 我想不起来了 |
[15:55] | She ask you about your work, | 她有问你你的工作 |
[15:55] | your day, where you live? | 那天过得怎么样 你在哪住吗 |
[15:58] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[16:00] | Small talk. | 闲聊 |
[16:02] | Sure. | 是的 |
[16:03] | I bet she thought you were a handsome cuss. | 她肯定觉得你是个帅哥 |
[16:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:08] | You think she was pretty? | 你觉得她漂亮吗 |
[16:12] | We’ve already established she looked at least 14. | 我们早就说过 她看起来至少14岁 |
[16:19] | – I guess I thought so. – You thought what? | -我想我也这么认为 -你认为什么 |
[16:21] | – That she was cute. – She was precocious, too. | -认为她很可爱 -也很早熟 |
[16:24] | Didn’t mind that you were older. | 她不介意你比她大 |
[16:27] | She probably kind of liked it. | 她说不定还挺喜欢这一点的 |
[16:29] | Yeah. I kind of thought she was into me. | 是啊 我也觉得她挺喜欢我 |
[16:32] | When your job ended and you weren’t on that street anymore, | 当你工作结束离开那条街之后 |
[16:35] | you still think about her? | 你还想着她吗 |
[16:36] | – No. – You ever go back by the house, | -没有 -你回去过那栋房子吗 |
[16:38] | see if she wanted to talk some more? | 去看看她是不是想再聊聊 |
[16:40] | I mean, she started things, right? | 毕竟 是她先搭讪你的 对吧 |
[16:42] | Kind of. | 算是吧 |
[16:47] | What about this jacket? | 这件夹克呢 |
[16:52] | You ever see her wear this? | 你见她穿过吗 |
[16:57] | Here, take a closer look. | 给 仔细看看 |
[17:08] | When you picked her up from the bus, was she wearing this jacket? | 你把她从校车站接走的时候 她穿着这件夹克吗 |
[17:14] | There was a lot of blood at the crime scene. | 犯罪现场有很多血迹 |
[17:16] | We haven’t revealed too many details, | 我们还没透露太多细节 |
[17:17] | but Lisa’s skull was crushed. | 但是丽萨的头骨被砸碎了 |
[17:19] | That blood goes everywhere. | 血溅得到处都是 |
[17:21] | In crimes involving blunt force trauma, | 在涉及钝器杀人的案子中 |
[17:23] | it’s almost impossible for the attacker | 袭击者要避开受害者的血溅到自己身上 |
[17:25] | to avoid getting his victim’s blood on him. | 几乎是不可能的 |
[17:28] | The scalp has thousands of capillaries. | 头皮有上千个毛细血管 |
[17:30] | Blood sprays everywhere, like a fine mist. | 血液像细水雾一样洒得到处都是 |
[17:33] | It gets in your hair, up your nose. | 会渗进你的头发 进入你的鼻腔 |
[17:35] | I’d be amazed if you didn’t get any on you. | 要是你身上一点都没沾到 我倒觉得惊讶 |
[17:37] | – He’s washed since then. – What’s under your fingernails, Gene? | -他洗掉了 -你指甲缝里的是什么 吉恩 |
[17:39] | – I think it’s just dirt, Bill. – Maybe we should take a sample. | -污垢而已 比尔 -也许我们该采集个样本 |
[17:42] | – He scrubbed his nails by now. – Is it in your ears? | -他早就擦洗过指甲了 -你耳朵里面有吗 |
[17:44] | I bet it is in your ears. | 我打赌耳朵里肯定有 |
[17:45] | When was the last time you cleaned your ears? | 你最近一次清洗耳朵是什么时候 |
[17:47] | – You want to take a sample Bill? – Can we do that? | -你想采个样本吗 比尔 -我们可以吗 |
[17:49] | Yeah. I can arrange that. | 可以 我可以安排 |
[17:57] | You’ve gone quiet. | 你不说话了 |
[17:59] | Normally when we accuse somebody of murder, | 通常当我们指控某人谋杀时 |
[18:01] | if they haven’t done it, they won’t shut up. | 如果他们是无辜的 会不停地辩解 |
[18:02] | They protest their innocence. | 他们会坚称自己是清白的 |
[18:04] | Oh, God, yeah. | 就是啊 |
[18:04] | “How dare you? Fuck you. I know my rights.” | “你怎么敢 去你的 我清楚我的权利” |
[18:06] | A guilty guy will clam up, start listening intently, | 有罪的人会沉默 开始专心地听 |
[18:09] | which is what you’re doing. | 就像你现在这样 |
[18:11] | If a guilty guy yells to make you think he’s innocent, | 就算有罪的人大吼大叫 想让你认为他是无辜的 |
[18:13] | – you can always tell the difference. – Sure can. | -你也能看出差别 -当然可以 |
[18:17] | Why do you keep looking at that rock Gene? | 你为什么一直看着那块石头 吉恩 |
[18:19] | An innocent man would have to guess its significance. | 一个无辜的人肯定会猜测它的重要性 |
[18:22] | It’s what was used to kill Lisa, wasn’t it? | 那是杀害丽萨的凶器 是吧 |
[18:25] | When things got out of hand. | 当事情失去控制后 |
[18:27] | You didn’t mean to, right? | 你不是故意的 对吧 |
[18:29] | She came up to you, she seemed friendly, | 她主动找你 看起来很友善 |
[18:31] | and then everything went sideways. | 然后一切就变了 |
[18:33] | The question for us isn’t “Did you do it?” | 我们的问题并不是”是不是你干的” |
[18:35] | We know that you did it. | 我们知道是你干的 |
[18:37] | The question for us is… | 我们的问题是 |
[18:39] | “Why?” | “为什么要那样做” |
[18:41] | We think we know why, and we understand. | 我们认为我们知道原因 我们能理解 |
[18:46] | All you have to do is tell us if we’re right. | 你只需要告诉我们 我们是否猜对了 |
[19:03] | – Can you teach this stuff? – We should. | -你们能教这些东西吗 -我们应该教的 |
[19:05] | Bill, why are not we teaching profiling at the Academy? | 比尔 我们为什不在学院教犯罪侧写 |
[19:08] | Because we’re still figuring it out. | 因为我们还在摸索中 |
[19:11] | – You like this bourbon? – Yeah. | -你喜欢这个威士忌吗 -喜欢 |
[19:14] | Two more. | 再来两杯 |
[19:14] | Now, what I can’t get over is the rock. | 我现在搞不懂的是那块石头 |
[19:18] | He could not control his reaction. | 他当时控制不了他的反应 |
[19:20] | – Everybody has a rock. – What do you mean? | -每个人都有块石头 -什么意思 |
[19:22] | Something that makes them sweat. | 会让他们紧张的东西 |
[19:24] | Like, for example, my senior year of college. | 拿我大四那年来说 |
[19:27] | I came home for Christmas, | 我回家过圣诞节 |
[19:28] | I’m sitting at the kitchen table with my dad, | 我和我爸坐在厨房桌子上 |
[19:30] | and my mom brings over some eggnog. | 我妈妈端过来一些蛋酒 |
[19:34] | And she hands me a glass and she says, | 她递给我一杯 然后说 |
[19:36] | “Holden, have you had sexual relations with a woman?” | “霍顿 你和女孩子有过性关系吗” |
[19:39] | – Jesus, no. – Yeah. | -我的天 不是吧 -是的 |
[19:41] | And I say, “Uh, yeah, Mom, I have.” | 然后我就说 “有啊 妈妈 发生过” |
[19:44] | And she says, “What’s her name?” | 然后她问 “她叫什么名字” |
[19:46] | And I say, “Well, actually, Mom, there’s been a few.” | 我说 “妈 其实不止一个” |
[19:50] | Bottoms up. | 干杯 |
[19:52] | And then… | 然后… |
[19:55] | Oh! And then she says, “Holden… | 然后她说”霍顿… |
[19:59] | who’s going to have you as a husband now?” | 你这样谁还愿意嫁给你” |
[20:02] | I’m telling you, | 我跟你们说 |
[20:03] | if she asked me that again today, | 如果她现在再问我一遍 |
[20:04] | the exact same thing would happen. I would completely fall apart. | 结果还是一样 我还是会彻底崩溃 |
[20:07] | She’s your rock. | 她就是你的那块石头 |
[20:09] | Let’s be clear. | 我在这说清楚 |
[20:11] | All he did was put the killer’s murder weapon in front of him. | 他只不过把作案凶器放到了他面前而已 |
[20:13] | Bill, come on. | 比尔 别这么说 |
[20:15] | We posited that the killer might feel guilty. | 我们假设过凶手可能会感到愧疚 |
[20:18] | And then, I just… | 而我只是… |
[20:21] | created a situation where the guilt completely overwhelmed him. | 建立了一个场景 让那种愧疚压垮了他 |
[20:25] | It wasn’t guilt. | 那不是愧疚 |
[20:26] | It was the pucker of “Oh, shit, I’m going to the electric chair.” | 而是在害怕”该死 我要上电椅了” |
[20:31] | How’d you come up with this stuff? | 你们怎么想出来这些的 |
[20:33] | By interviewing Richard Speck, | 通过约谈理查德·斯派克 |
[20:35] | and Jerry Brudos, and Ed Kemper. | 杰瑞·布鲁多斯和艾德·坎伯 |
[20:38] | You talked to them firsthand? | 你亲自跟他们谈的 |
[20:41] | And we’ve got Manson and Berkowitz on the wish list. | 我们的名单上还有曼森和山姆之子呢 |
[20:43] | No shit. | 不是吧 |
[20:44] | – Unbelievable. – What are they like? | -难以置信 -他们是什么样的 |
[20:46] | Well, I don’t think I’m speaking out of turn here when I say… | 我这么说应该也不为过… |
[20:50] | they are fucked up. | 他们就是欠操 |
[20:55] | Amen. | 说得好 |
[20:59] | So what did you say to him? | 你对他说了什么 |
[21:00] | I got him talking about how hot young girls are, | 我哄他说年轻女孩有多性感 |
[21:02] | how they often look older than their age. | 说她们看起来常常比实际年龄要大 |
[21:04] | But it was the net effect. | 但重点在于实际效果 |
[21:06] | I laid out everything she had on her, | 我摆出她被害那天身上穿的所有衣服 |
[21:08] | a portrait of the last day in the life of a 12-year-old girl. | 刻画出了一个12岁小女孩生命中的最后一天 |
[21:12] | So you staged it. Like a director. | 你布了个景 就像导演那样 |
[21:14] | I guess. | 大概吧 |
[21:16] | Only he didn’t know he was playing a role in your drama. | 只不过他不知道他在你的戏里演一个角色 |
[21:18] | That is what made it a nail-biter. | 所以剧情才让人窒息 |
[21:20] | No one could have scripted the reveal of the rock. | 没有编剧能写出他看到石头后的反应 |
[21:23] | He completely freaked. | 他完全吓坏了 |
[21:26] | You could suddenly smell BO in the room. | 你突然就能闻到房间里有臭味 |
[21:28] | – Pavlovian. – Guilt. | -条件反射 -是愧疚 |
[21:30] | But you were convinced he was guilty before you went in. | 但你在审问他之前就确信他有罪了 |
[21:34] | Well, it was pretty obvious. | 那很明显 |
[21:36] | Yes, but presupposed. | 是 但仍是假设 |
[21:39] | Correctly presupposed. | 正确的假设 |
[21:41] | Is it a fair experiment | 如果你从结论开始 |
[21:43] | if you’re working backward from a conclusion? | 反向研究 那这试验还能算公平吗 |
[21:45] | If your theory is proven right. | 只要你的理论能被证实就算 |
[21:47] | Holden, you drove him to an emotional response. | 霍顿 你逼出了他的情绪反应 |
[21:51] | I helped put a child murderer behind bars. | 我帮忙逮捕了一个儿童杀手 |
[21:53] | Like Perry Mason? | 像佩里·梅森那样吗 |
[21:53] | 美国著名小说人物 一位致力于发掘真相的律师 | |
[21:55] | – That’s right. – Only Perry Mason never got off on it. | -没错 -但佩里·梅森从未因此得意洋洋 |
[21:59] | Please stop analyzing me. | 别再分析我的心理了 |
[22:01] | I’m not analyzing you. | 我没有分析你的心理 |
[22:02] | You run this little commentary on everything I do. | 我做什么你都要评头论足 |
[22:04] | I was talking about your work. | 我在谈论你的工作 |
[22:05] | That’s how we communicate, right? | 我们平时不就是这么沟通的吗 |
[22:07] | You talk about your job, I give my opinion. | 你谈你的工作 我在一旁给意见 |
[22:09] | Maybe I don’t always want to hear your opinion. | 或许我并不总想听你的意见呢 |
[22:11] | You mean when I’m not in agreement with you. | 你是说当我和你意见分歧的时候 |
[22:12] | Could you just be my girlfriend? | 你就不能只当个女朋友吗 |
[22:14] | Could you just listen? | 只听不说不行吗 |
[22:17] | You mean shut up and adore you? | 你是说闭上嘴膜拜你吗 |
[22:19] | Well, you could try it. Once. | 你至少可以…试一次 |
[22:51] | I would say that making furniture from human remains | 我觉得用人体残骸做家具 |
[22:54] | qualifies as organized. | 可以算有组织的 |
[22:56] | We’re famous. | 我们出名了 |
[22:57] | This is apparently the talk of the Atlanta office. | 一看就是亚特兰大办公室的杰作 |
[23:02] | “Darrell Gene Devier cracks | “达里尔·吉恩·德维尔 |
[23:04] | under the questioning of a new type of FBI agent.” | 在新式联调局探员的问讯下崩溃了” |
[23:06] | – Is that supposed to be us? – Who the fuck do you think? | -说的是我们吗 -不然呢 |
[23:09] | Who’s named? | 提到了谁的名字 |
[23:11] | Read the part about, uh… | 看一下那部分… |
[23:13] | “Behavioral Science’s | “行为科学部 |
[23:14] | bright-eyed boy who’s friends with Ed Kemper.” | 那个和艾德·坎伯做了朋友的帅哥” |
[23:17] | Who talked to a reporter? | 谁跟记者爆料了 |
[23:19] | Probably your baby-faced drinking buddy. | 可能是那个和你一起喝酒的娃娃脸 |
[23:21] | That was in confidence to a member of law enforcement. | 那只是执法部门内部成员的私下谈话 |
[23:24] | – While you were drunk. – Celebrating. | -那时你喝醉了 -我们在庆祝 |
[23:27] | “Using evidence from the crime scene, | “利用犯罪现场发现的证据 |
[23:28] | he managed to break through Devier’s psychological barriers”? | 他成功击溃了德维尔的心理防线” |
[23:31] | This reads a lot like coercion. | 听起来很像逼供 |
[23:33] | Worse, it sounds like horseshit. | 更糟 这简直是扯淡 |
[23:35] | Devier was in that interrogation room | 我们把德维尔叫来审讯 |
[23:37] | because trees were trimmed on the victim’s street. | 是因为他在受害者门前公路上修剪树枝 |
[23:40] | – Good old-fashioned detective work. – That got him in the room. | -经典的侦查手段 -那让他来受审 |
[23:43] | We got him to confess. | 是我们让他招供了 |
[23:45] | You cannot be proud of this. | 这不值得骄傲 |
[23:47] | There’s nothing egregious here. | 文章写得也不是很过分 |
[23:49] | – Exposure could be good. – No. | -有曝光也是件好事 -不 |
[23:51] | Can we all agree we are not ready for Good Morning America? | 我们还没准备好上《早安美国》 大家都同意吗 |
[23:54] | I did not give an interview. | 我并没有接受采访 |
[23:55] | Even if we were accurately represented, | 就算对我们的报导准确无误 |
[23:57] | people should not be reading about us over breakfast. | 我们也不应该成为民众早餐时的谈资 |
[24:00] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[24:01] | Just because. | 没有为什么 |
[24:03] | Bill… | 比尔 |
[24:08] | is it possible that you’re upset | 你生气会不会是因为 |
[24:10] | because the article doesn’t mention you? | 文章没有提到你 |
[24:22] | Hi, Susan. It’s Dr. Wendy Carr. | 你好 苏珊 我是温迪·卡尔博士 |
[24:25] | I need to book a flight tomorrow. | 我要订一张明天的机票 |
[24:26] | I don’t know what to do short of putting a muzzle on him. | 除了让他闭嘴外我不知道该怎么做了 |
[24:29] | Please don’t go back to Boston. | 请不要回波士顿 |
[24:31] | Atlanta. Out of Dulles. | 亚特兰大 从杜勒斯机场起飞 |
[24:33] | – The same day if possible. – Why are you going to Atlanta? | -最好是当天的 -你为什么要去亚特兰大 |
[24:36] | – I’m gonna talk to the Floyd County DA. – About what? | -去和弗洛伊德县的地检谈谈 -谈什么 |
[24:38] | It’s in the article, they’re prosecuting a capital case. | 文章中提到他们要提请死刑 |
[24:41] | So? | 所以呢 |
[24:41] | So we can’t be seen to be party to that. | 所以我们不能让别人以为我们和这有关联 |
[24:44] | I’m sorry. Yes, I am. | 抱歉 是的 我是 |
[24:45] | Can you give me that number again? | 你能再把电话号码说一遍吗 |
[24:46] | What are you talking about? That’s none of our concern. | 你在说什么 这用不着我们操心 |
[24:49] | It’s mine. | 我必须得操心 |
[24:50] | He slaughtered a 12-year-old girl. | 他杀害了一名12岁的女孩 |
[24:52] | I know what he did. | 我知道他的罪行 |
[24:53] | Oh, uh, window or aisle, both are fine. | 靠窗或靠走道都行 |
[24:55] | Georgia’s a death penalty state. | 佐治亚州可以施行死刑 |
[24:57] | I think I might need a car, too. | 我还需要一辆车 |
[24:58] | What exactly are you going to say to them? | 你准备怎么跟他们说 |
[25:01] | We’re four interviews in. | 我们还有四个谈话 |
[25:02] | No one is gonna wanna talk to us | 如果他们觉得我们 |
[25:05] | if they think we’re sending people to the electric chair. | 是来把他们送上电椅的 没人会想跟我们谈 |
[25:06] | No one in law enforcement | 如果执法部门 |
[25:07] | will talk to us if they think we’re squeamish | 觉得我们对处死强奸犯和杀人犯大惊小怪 |
[25:09] | about executing rapists and murderers. | 也不会和我们谈的 |
[25:11] | Oh, that sounds lovely. A convertible or a T-top. | 挺好的 敞篷车或半开敞篷车 |
[25:13] | You cannot go down there representing the FBI. | 你不能以代表联调局的身份到那去 |
[25:16] | I don’t intend to. | 我也没有打算这么做 |
[25:17] | Then they won’t understand how you’re connected to this case. | 那他们就不会明白你和这个案子有什么关系 |
[25:19] | If you don’t see how this situation compromises us, | 如果你看不清这个局面对我们有多不利 |
[25:21] | then I really don’t know what to say to you. | 那我也不知道该说什么了 |
[25:23] | I’m sorry. I’m… I’m so distracted. | 抱歉 我这边有点事 |
[25:26] | Can you give me that number one more time? | 你能再说一遍那个号码吗 |
[25:28] | Go with her. | 跟她一起去 |
[25:30] | You got us into this. | 都是你惹的祸 |
[25:33] | Shut the door. | 把门关上 |
[25:37] | I got it this time. Thank you. | 我记下了 谢谢 |
[25:53] | Follow my lead. I’m used to talking to law enforcement. | 跟着我来 我很习惯和执法部门打交道 |
[25:59] | District Attorney Mayweather, | 梅威瑟地方检察官 |
[26:01] | thank you for meeting with us on such short notice. | 感谢您临时抽时间见我们 |
[26:03] | Oh, Esther, please. | 别客气 叫我艾斯特 |
[26:04] | I am delighted to meet the man who delivered me Gene Devier. | 能见到将吉恩·德维尔绳之以法的人我很荣幸 |
[26:08] | My pleasure. | 过奖了 |
[26:10] | Professor Carr’s a consultant at the FBI | 卡尔教授是联调局的一名顾问 |
[26:12] | and she has been instrumental in developing a program… | 她一直在帮助我们开发一个项目 |
[26:14] | I’m sorry. I have as long as it takes to finish this sandwich. | 抱歉 我只有吃个三明治的时间 |
[26:17] | We have been interviewing extremely violent offenders. | 我们一直在约谈极度暴力的罪犯 |
[26:20] | The worst of the worst. | 坏蛋中的坏蛋 |
[26:22] | This involves establishing an element of trust | 这需要我们和罪犯建立一定的信任关系 |
[26:24] | so that they offer information to us voluntarily. | 他们才会自愿向我们提供信息 |
[26:27] | We try to be objective | 我们尽量做到客观中立 |
[26:29] | because what they have to say is valuable. | 因为他们的话非常有价值 |
[26:31] | But if they see that our techniques are being | 但如果他们发现我们的方法 |
[26:33] | used to eradicate them, then… | 被用来除去他们 那… |
[26:34] | Now how would your techniques be used for that? | 你们的方法是如何被用于这种目的的呢 |
[26:37] | Agent Ford assembled a psychological sketch | 福特探员依据调查结果 |
[26:40] | of Mr. Devier, based on research, | 为德维尔先生做了心理侧写 |
[26:42] | which was used to secure a confession. | 后被用于促使他认罪 |
[26:44] | So if he’s convicted and executed, then… | 如果他被定罪并处决 那么… |
[26:47] | Honey, we don’t kill criminals. | 亲爱的 我们不杀罪犯 |
[26:50] | They kill themselves. | 罪犯都是自杀 |
[26:52] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[26:53] | It’s their behavior that puts them in that chair. | 是他们的所作所为把自己逼上电椅 |
[26:56] | Actually, I think it’s… | 其实 我觉得是… |
[26:57] | When I talk to a jury, I always ask, “Do you watch TV?” | 我跟陪审团说话时 总会问”你们看电视吗” |
[27:01] | Most of them do. | 大多数人都看 |
[27:02] | I say, “Who watches the cop shows?” | 再问”谁看罪案类节目” |
[27:05] | Right there you know whether | 这时候就能看出 |
[27:06] | you’ve got a smart jury or a stupid one. | 当天的评审团是聪明还是愚蠢 |
[27:08] | So I say, “Forget TV, | 然后我说”别管电视了 |
[27:10] | ’cause it’ll never show you the experience of the victim.” | 因为电视从来不会演受害者的经历” |
[27:13] | – No. – “You will never hear the cries | -不 -在《洛克福德档案》中 |
[27:14] | of a woman being raped on The Rockford Files. | 你永远不会听到女性被强奸时的哭喊 |
[27:18] | You won’t smell burning flesh | 在《天堂执法者》中 |
[27:20] | from the cigarettes being put to her body | 你不会闻到香烟被放在女性身体上时 |
[27:23] | – on Hawaii Five-O.” – I’m not arguing prosecution strategies. | -血肉烧焦的味道 -我不是在否定诉讼策略 |
[27:26] | – I’m simply… – And I’m not done talking. | -我只是… -我还没说完 |
[27:29] | My point is that when you go from an abstract idea of murder | 我的重点是 如果将目光从抽象的谋杀概念 |
[27:33] | to the visceral reality, | 转移到真相本身 |
[27:35] | you can no longer be objective. | 就无法那么客观了 |
[27:37] | Only when you feel the pain of those victims and their loved ones | 只有切身感受到受害者和亲人的痛楚后 |
[27:40] | can you know the magnitude of the choice that killer made. | 才能了解杀手的所作所为有多严重 |
[27:44] | And it’s that choice that seals his fate. | 就是这些行为注定了他的命运 |
[27:47] | There’s no reason to kill people | 如果我们有能力把人关起来 |
[27:48] | when we have the wherewithal to lock them up. | 就没有理由杀掉他们 |
[27:50] | These people spend the | 这些人的余生 |
[27:51] | rest of their lives in horrendous conditions, | 都在恶劣的状况中度过 |
[27:53] | which likely reflect the environments in which they were raised. | 这很可能反映了他们的成长环境 |
[27:56] | – And I — – Maybe… I’m sorry. | -而我… -也许… 抱歉打断你 |
[27:58] | But maybe instead of debating the pros and cons of… | 也许先不说执行死刑的利与弊… |
[28:00] | Yes, cut to the point. | 对 说重点 |
[28:03] | Are you actually asking me to shoot lower than capital punishment | 难道你真的要我提出比死刑轻的刑罚 |
[28:06] | so it won’t reflect poorly on the FBI? | 来保护联调局的声誉吗 |
[28:09] | Not the FBI, our work in Behavioral Science. | 不是联调局 是我们行为科学部的研究 |
[28:14] | If it’s compromised, | 如果研究受到波及 |
[28:16] | I’m afraid we won’t be able to achieve our ultimate goal, | 我们可能会无法实现最终目标 |
[28:18] | which is to hopefully prevent | 那就是尽可能地阻止 |
[28:20] | this type of crime from being committed. | 此类罪行再次发生 |
[28:24] | I am asking you to consider | 我想请您考虑一下 |
[28:27] | life without the possibility of parole. | 无假释终身监禁 |
[28:35] | I’m an elected official. | 我是经过选举的官员 |
[28:37] | Here in Georgia, death is the will of the people. | 在佐治亚州 死刑才是民心所向 |
[28:40] | And if you don’t want to be involved publicly, | 如果你们不希望公开参与 |
[28:42] | then maybe you should keep yourselves out of the news. | 那是不是应该避免上新闻呢 |
[29:08] | What did you expect? | 你以为会是什么结果 |
[29:09] | A reasonable conversation. | 我以为会好好讲道理 |
[29:13] | I don’t know what I expected. I… | 我也不知道我怎么想的 我… |
[29:16] | I’ve spent months of my life and… | 我投入了好几个月的精力 |
[29:20] | I had hoped that we could complete our research | 我一直希望能够赶在出现这种情况之前 |
[29:22] | before seeing it used to this end. | 就把研究做完 |
[29:24] | What difference would that make? | 那又会有什么区别呢 |
[29:25] | I wouldn’t have to be in meetings like the one we had. | 我就不用来参加这样的见面了 |
[29:28] | So you could walk away clean? | 难道你就能甩手走人 摆脱干系了吗 |
[29:30] | Come on, Wendy. You’re smarter than that. | 得了吧 温迪 你没这么天真 |
[29:33] | Evidently not. | 事实证明我太天真 |
[29:37] | There’s no way around the death penalty in death penalty states. | 在允许死刑的州地区 没办法避免死刑 |
[29:41] | Which doesn’t mean what we’re doing is wrong. | 这并不代表我们所做的事有错 |
[30:10] | It’s so nice out. | 外面很舒服 |
[30:12] | How was your trip? | 你出差顺利吗 |
[30:14] | Hot. Sticky. Miserable. | 很热 很黏 很惨 |
[30:16] | Georgia. | 佐治亚州 |
[30:18] | – Have you eaten? – No. | -你吃过了吗 -没有 |
[30:20] | Great. You want to get something? | 太好了 要去吃点什么吗 |
[30:24] | It’s getting late, we should get going. | 有点晚了 要去就尽快出发吧 |
[30:26] | No, I don’t think so. | 不 算了吧 |
[30:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:36] | Are you still mad? | 你还在生气吗 |
[30:38] | Are you… | 你… |
[30:40] | What exactly are you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[30:41] | Must I be something? | 我必须怎么了吗 |
[30:49] | These past couple days, I keep thinking about when we met. | 过去这几天 我一直在回想我们的初见 |
[30:54] | You were so sweet. | 你当时是那么温柔 |
[30:56] | And curious. | 充满好奇心 |
[30:57] | I’m still… | 我仍然… |
[30:59] | curious. | 充满好奇心 |
[31:01] | No. | 不 |
[31:02] | You’re different. | 你变了 |
[31:04] | I am the exact same person that you reeled in with that jumpsuit. | 我仍是当初那个被你一身连衣裤吸引的男人 |
[31:07] | I don’t think that’s true. | 我觉得不是了 |
[31:09] | But I’m not the same either. | 但我也变了 |
[31:11] | Where you going with this? | 你说这些是想干什么 |
[31:14] | Just… thinking, talking. | 只是在思考 聊天 |
[31:16] | Thinking about…? | 思考什么 |
[31:19] | – I don’t know. – You don’t know? | -我不知道 -你不知道 |
[31:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[31:23] | Jesus, Debbie. Come on. | 天啊 黛比 别这样 |
[31:25] | You’re so good at reading people… | 你那么擅长解读别人 |
[31:27] | you tell me. | 你说呢 |
[31:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:37] | When I first got here, you didn’t get up to greet me. | 我刚到时 你没起身迎接我 |
[31:40] | And you didn’t invite me inside, | 没邀请我进去 |
[31:41] | but you won’t come to dinner with me. | 但也不愿和我一起去吃晚餐 |
[31:44] | You’ve been sitting here this whole time with your arms crossed, | 你一直抱着胳膊坐在这里 |
[31:46] | which I know, from you, is a bad sign. | 据我所知 你这么做不是好现象 |
[31:50] | You’ve been in a shitty mood the last ten times we’ve been together, | 我们过去十次在一起 你心情都不好 |
[31:52] | and you’re always starting arguments, | 你总是挑起吵架 |
[31:54] | and you’ve been assessing me in a very negative light. | 并且给我非常负面的评价 |
[31:58] | And in spite of your recent confusion about your degree, | 虽然你最近对攻读学位感到困惑 |
[32:00] | you stay up late every single night doing homework, | 但你仍每晚都熬夜做功课 |
[32:02] | leaving me to go to bed alone. | 让我独自上床睡觉 |
[32:06] | When I first got here, you offered a sip of your wine, | 我刚到时 你给我喝了一口你的酒 |
[32:08] | which could be construed as welcoming, | 可以理解为你欢迎我的到来 |
[32:10] | but even though you knew I was coming from the airport, | 但你明知我正从机场过来 |
[32:12] | you didn’t bring an extra glass, | 也没多准备一个杯子 |
[32:14] | and half the bottle is gone. | 而且半瓶酒已经没了 |
[32:16] | Which means you’re trying to take the edge off so that you can… | 说明你想缓解压力 以便… |
[32:25] | break up with me? | 和我分手 |
[32:32] | Is that what I’m doing? | 我是在做这件事吗 |
[32:36] | Let’s not drag this out. I’ll pick up my stuff next week. | 不必拖延时间 我下周就来收拾东西 |
[32:40] | I’ll let you know when I’m coming back, | 我回来会提前告诉你 |
[32:41] | in case you don’t want to be here. | 免得你不想见到我 |
[33:32] | 紧急情况 尽快给我回电 | |
[33:33] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[33:34] | No, we’re trying. It’s slow. | 不 我们在努力 但进度很慢 |
[33:36] | – Yes, indeed. – You take this? | -当然 -你留的吗 |
[33:56] | California Medical Facility, Vacaville. How may I help you? | 瓦卡维尔加州医疗中心 有什么可以帮您 |
[33:58] | I got a message to call a Dr… Bruxton. | 我收到留言 要我给布鲁斯顿医生回电 |
[34:02] | – One moment, please. – Did you see who put this here? | -请稍等 -你看见是谁放在这的吗 |
[34:06] | I just got in myself. | 我也刚到 |
[34:08] | ICU. | 重症监护室 |
[34:09] | Hello, I’m trying to reach a Dr. Bruxton. | 你好 我想找布鲁斯顿医生 |
[34:13] | I believe Dr. Bruxton is in surgery. | 布鲁斯顿医生在做手术 |
[34:15] | Well… I have a message to return his… | 我收到留言 要给他回电… |
[34:19] | One moment. | 请稍等 |
[34:30] | Dr. Bruxton isn’t available right now. | 布鲁斯顿医生现在没法接电话 |
[34:32] | I’m with the FBI, my name is Holden Ford. | 我是联调局的 我叫霍顿·福特 |
[34:34] | Oh, yes, he is expecting your call. | 是的 他在等你的回电 |
[34:37] | Can you tell me what this is about? | 请问是有什么事 |
[34:40] | Uh, you’re listed as medical proxy to one of our patients. | 你被我们的一位患者列为医疗代理人 |
[34:46] | I’m sorry, there must be some kind of mistake. | 抱歉 你们肯定弄错了 |
[34:49] | I don’t think so. | 应该没有错 |
[34:50] | Edmund Kemper specifically named you as his proxy. | 艾德蒙·坎伯明确地将你列为了代理人 |
[34:54] | At this point, though, he is out of danger. | 但现在他已经脱离危险了 |
[34:57] | Danger? | 危险 |
[34:58] | Mr. Kemper tried to take his own life last night. | 昨晚坎伯先生试图自杀 |
[35:03] | – Are you sure? – Yes, sir. | -你确定吗 -是的 先生 |
[35:06] | That’s impossible. I can’t think that… | 这不可能 我想不到… |
[35:09] | Mr. Kemper came out of surgery at 4:30 a.m. | 坎伯先生今日凌晨4:30做完的手术 |
[35:12] | He’s doing well, he’s in recovery. | 手术做得不错 他正在恢复 |
[35:18] | – Hello? – Do you need anything else from me? | -喂 -还需要我做什么吗 |
[35:20] | – No. The doctor will call if we need anything. – Okay. | -不用了 如果有需要医生会通知你 -好的 |
[35:28] | It seems the Office of Professional Responsibility | 职责调查部似乎找到了 |
[35:30] | has found continuing evidence | 关于调查我们部门的 |
[35:33] | for their investigation into our unit. | 更多证据 |
[35:35] | “Continuing evidence”? | “更多证据” |
[35:36] | They’ve got the tape. | 他们得到磁带了 |
[35:39] | – How the hell’d they get that? – I have no idea. | -他们到底是怎么得到的 -不知道 |
[35:43] | But you three have been called to meet with them as soon as possible. | 但是你们三个已经被要求尽快去见他们 |
[35:45] | And since someone has taken the high road for us, | 既然已经有人替我们选了正确的道路 |
[35:50] | I recommend we all go forward with total transparency. | 我劝大家以后都别藏着掖着了 |
[36:05] | Is this you? | 这是你干的吗 |
[36:07] | Fuck you, Bill. | 去你的 比尔 |
[36:36] | Please state your name. | 请说出你的名字 |
[36:38] | Special Agent Holden Ford. | 特别探员霍顿·福特 |
[36:40] | In what capacity do you | 你在联邦调查局 |
[36:41] | serve the Federal Bureau of Investigation? | 做些什么工作 |
[36:43] | I work in the Behavioral Science Unit. | 我在行为科学部工作 |
[36:46] | You and Special Agent William Tench | 你和特别探员威廉·坦奇 |
[36:48] | recently interviewed an inmate named Richard Speck? | 最近约谈了名叫理查德·斯派克的囚犯吗 |
[36:50] | – That’s right. – Did you record the interview? | -没错 -谈话录音了吗 |
[36:53] | – Yes. – Which of you recorded the interview? | -是的 -你们谁录的音 |
[36:55] | I did. | 我 |
[36:57] | You and Agent Tench interviewed several inmates | 你和坦奇探员过去几个月 |
[36:59] | over the past few months. | 约谈了数名囚犯 |
[37:00] | – Did you record those, too? – Yes. | -也都录音了吗 -是的 |
[37:02] | – Who did the recording? – I did. | -谁负责录的音 -我 |
[37:04] | For what purpose? | 出于什么目的 |
[37:05] | Archival purposes, documentation. | 留档 收集材料 |
[37:08] | – Is this trying, Agent Ford? – I’m sorry? | -这很烦吗 福特探员 -你说什么 |
[37:11] | Do you find this process trying? | 你认为这道程序令人厌烦吗 |
[37:13] | I find it unnecessary. | 我觉得没有必要 |
[37:15] | What did you do with the recording when you returned to Quantico? | 你回到匡提科后是怎样处理录音记录的 |
[37:19] | I gave it to Agent Smith to transcribe it. | 我把它交给史密斯探员转录了 |
[37:22] | – Did he transcribe it? – Yes. | -他转录了吗 -是的 |
[37:24] | – And did you look it over? – Yes. | -你看过了吗 -看了 |
[37:26] | Did you then decide it should be redacted? | 那时你就认为记录需要修改吗 |
[37:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:30] | Why did you decide that? | 你为什么做出那个决定 |
[37:32] | I felt there was a section | 我觉得有一部分录音 |
[37:33] | that might be deemed sensitive by other parties. | 对其他方来说可能很敏感 |
[37:37] | “Other parties” meaning whom? | “其他方”是指谁 |
[37:40] | Other people at the FBI. | 联调局的其他人 |
[37:43] | And people at the LEAA, which provides our funding. | 以及为我们提供资金的执管局的人 |
[37:47] | What section was this? | 是哪部分 |
[37:48] | The section where I asked Speck why he took | 我问斯派克为什么”除掉 |
[37:50] | “Eight ripe cunts out of this world.” | 那八个淫娃荡妇”那一部分 |
[37:54] | You suddenly thought that might not go over well. | 你突然觉得这话可能会产生不良效果 |
[37:56] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[37:58] | – Did anyone influence your decision? – No. | -有人影响了你的决定吗 -没有 |
[38:01] | Your partner, Agent Tench. | 你的搭档 坦奇探员 |
[38:02] | Did he influence your decision? | 他影响你的决定了吗 |
[38:04] | I made the decision on my own. | 我自己做的决定 |
[38:06] | What happened once you decided this section was too sensitive | 在你认定这部分出现在转录文本中会太敏感后 |
[38:09] | to appear in the transcript? | 你做了什么 |
[38:10] | I asked Agent Smith to take it out. | 我让史密斯探员把它删掉了 |
[38:13] | – Are you Agent Smith’s supervisor? – No. | -你是史密斯探员的主管吗 -不是 |
[38:15] | Who knew about the redaction at this point? | 目前有谁知道修改的事 |
[38:17] | I knew, Agent Smith, and Agent Tench. | 我 史密斯探员 坦奇探员知道 |
[38:20] | When the three of you met with us to discuss Speck’s complaint, | 你们三个来和我们谈斯派克的投诉时 |
[38:23] | whose decision was it to bring us only the redacted transcript? | 是谁决定只交给我们修改过的转录文本 |
[38:26] | It was my decision. | 是我的决定 |
[38:27] | – An unspoken agreement? – Yes. | -大家心照不宣吗 -是的 |
[38:30] | Did you ask Agent Smith to lie about erasing the tape? | 你有没有要求史密斯探员隐瞒抹掉磁带一事 |
[38:32] | – Not in so many words. – What does that mean? | -没明说 -什么意思 |
[38:35] | I looked at him. | 我就看着他 |
[38:36] | I asked him to lie with my eyes. | 我用眼神请求他撒谎 |
[38:40] | Did the redaction become known to other people | 后来行为科学部的其他人 |
[38:42] | in the Behavioral Science Unit? | 也知道修改的事了吗 |
[38:46] | Is this amusing, Agent Ford? | 这很好笑吗 福特探员 |
[38:47] | It might be, if it weren’t so feeble. | 要不是这么苍白无力的话 还挺好笑的 |
[38:49] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[38:50] | You think I don’t know what you’re doing | 你们以为我不知道你们在做什么吗 |
[38:51] | with this principal’s office bullshit? | 跟我来校长办公室这一套 |
[38:53] | This is what I do with violent offenders, only much better. | 这是我用来对付暴力罪犯的招数 但我做得更好 |
[38:57] | Agent Ford, you stand accused of lying to the FBI. | 福特探员 你被指控欺骗联调局 |
[39:00] | Do you realize how serious that is? | 你意识到这件事的严重性吗 |
[39:02] | You used your badge to | 你利用职权 |
[39:02] | gain access to the California Medical Facility | 在没有正式批准的情况下 |
[39:05] | without any official approval. | 擅自进入加州医疗中心 |
[39:06] | To interview our first subject, | 为了约谈我们的第一个犯人 |
[39:08] | Edmund Kemper, whose feedback launched our program. | 艾德蒙·坎伯 是他的反馈启动了我们的项目 |
[39:10] | We’re not concerned with what you consider your achievements. | 我们关心的不是你的研究成果 |
[39:13] | We’re concerned with your methods. | 我们担忧的是你的方式 |
[39:14] | The language you used with Richard Speck in the unredacted interview | 你在原谈话中对理查德·斯派克运用的措辞 |
[39:18] | reflects extremely poorly on the Bureau. | 大大地影响了我局的声誉 |
[39:20] | How about calling him a shit stain? | 那骂他人渣呢 |
[39:24] | – You see what I mean. – Agent Ford, listen to what we’re telling you. | -你懂我意思 -福特探员 你给我听好了 |
[39:27] | Flashing your badge is one thing, | 炫耀你的职务是一回事 |
[39:28] | suppression of evidence is serious. | 隐藏证据却是很严重的事 |
[39:32] | You’re developing a pattern of behavior that will not sustain you. | 你再继续这种行为模式 会毁了你自己 |
[39:34] | I just got back from Georgia, | 我刚从佐治亚州回来 |
[39:36] | where my behavior led to the arrest and confession | 在那儿 我的行为帮助逮捕了 |
[39:39] | of a man who raped and murdered a 12-year-old girl. | 一个奸杀了12岁少女的男人 并令其认罪 |
[39:42] | Surely my partner told you about that. | 我的搭档肯定跟你们说过了 |
[39:43] | Your partner also expressed | 你的搭档也说了 |
[39:44] | reservations about the way you handle yourself. | 对你的处事方式持保留态度 |
[39:46] | You’re playing us off each other. | 你在挑拨我们 |
[39:48] | He substantiates our concerns | 我们对你作为联邦探员的行动方式 |
[39:49] | about your comportment as a federal agent. | 有所担忧 他证实了这一点 |
[39:52] | We have that on tape. If you care to listen… | 我们有录音 你如果想听… |
[39:53] | Fuck this. | 去他妈的 |
[39:56] | Agent Ford, If you leave, I can’t help you. | 福特探员 如果你离开 我就没法帮你了 |
[39:59] | I have to write a report on this interview. | 我不得不写一份关于这次谈话的报告 |
[40:01] | It will go down on your permanent record. | 这将永远记录在你的档案里 |
[40:04] | You’re making a terrible mistake. | 你正犯下一个严重的错误 |
[40:06] | The only mistake I made was ever doubting myself. | 我唯一犯过的错误就是怀疑我自己 |
[40:20] | What’d you tell them, Bill? | 你跟他们说了什么 比尔 |
[40:23] | I told them the truth. | 我告诉了他们真相 |
[41:08] | Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing shortly. | 女士们先生们 飞机即将落地 |
[41:33] | Sign here. | 在这签字 |
[41:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:00] | Edmund Kemper? | 艾德蒙·坎伯 |
[42:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:37] | You came. | 你来了 |
[42:39] | You made it hard not to. | 你没给我什么选择余地 |
[42:41] | Well, I tried less dramatic methods. | 我试过用温和一点的方式 |
[42:44] | – Did you get my cards? – Yes. | -你收到我寄的卡片了吗 -收到了 |
[42:48] | Maybe it’s not surprising you respond to showmanship. | 夸张的表演才能把你引来 也许这并不意外 |
[42:53] | Why do you want to see me, Ed? | 你为什么想见我 艾德 |
[42:57] | I read an article about you. | 我读到一篇关于你的文章 |
[42:59] | About us, I should say. | 应该说是关于我们 |
[43:02] | The Atlanta Constitution? | 《亚特兰大宪章报》 |
[43:04] | The story was picked up by the AP. | 那篇报道被美联社刊登了 |
[43:09] | You said we were friends. | 你说过我们是朋友 |
[43:16] | – Yes. – Are we friends, Holden? | -没错 -我们是朋友吗 霍顿 |
[43:19] | In the context of our work together, sure. | 在我们的合作背景下 是的 |
[43:22] | Our work together. | 我们的合作 |
[43:25] | That’s a nice way of putting it. I’d categorize it the same way. | 这说法真动听 换我也会这样定位 |
[43:30] | And yet, our work is unfinished. | 然而我们的研究还未结束 |
[43:33] | – Okay. – As I indicated in my letters. | -好吧 -如我在信上所说 |
[43:37] | You have more… | 你有更多的… |
[43:40] | insights? | 见解 |
[43:41] | I do. | 没错 |
[43:44] | Well, I’m not going to trot them out like some kind of show pony, | 我不会随便把见解丢出来炫耀 |
[43:47] | especially when you’ve been talking about me in my absence, | 尤其当你还一直在背后议论我 |
[43:50] | using what I tell you to legitimize yourself. | 用我给你的信息证明自己有理 |
[43:53] | That story was not… | 那篇报道并不… |
[43:58] | I… had had a bit to drink. | 我当时喝了点酒 |
[44:02] | What’s this behavioral profiling you’re touting? | 你在吹嘘的行为侧写是什么 |
[44:12] | It’s a way to determine a criminal’s psychology | 这是一种根据犯罪现场和人格特质 |
[44:16] | based on crime scenes and personal characteristics. | 来决定罪犯心理的方式 |
[44:19] | I love that. | 我真喜欢 |
[44:23] | What’s my psychology? | 我的心理特征是什么 |
[44:25] | I can’t really tell you that. | 我没法告诉你 |
[44:27] | You can’t or you won’t? | 你没法还是不愿意 |
[44:29] | – It’s shoptalk, Ed. – My favorite. | -这是行业用语 艾德 -我的最爱 |
[44:33] | We’re still at an very early point in the research. | 我们的研究仍处于早期阶段 |
[44:35] | Not so early that you can’t babble about it in the press. | 也不算太早期了 毕竟你都能向媒体吹嘘了 |
[44:39] | And you pretty much admit that I started you down this path. | 而且你基本承认是我带你走上这条路的 |
[44:42] | So… I believe you owe me an explanation, Holden. | 所以 我认为你欠我一个解释 霍顿 |
[44:51] | You’re what we’d call an organized killer. | 我们将你归类为有组织的杀手 |
[44:56] | Because of the extreme planning that went into your crimes. | 因为你犯罪前都会做好周密的计划 |
[45:00] | You practiced picking up women several times | 你先练习了几次 让女生搭便车 |
[45:02] | before selecting your first victim. | 然后才选择了你第一个受害人 |
[45:04] | You used your own vehicle | 你用自己的车 |
[45:05] | both in the kidnapping and disposing of the bodies. | 实施绑架和弃尸 |
[45:08] | You followed your crimes in the media, | 你通过媒体关注自己的案件 |
[45:10] | which shows evidence of continued fantasy. | 这证明你有持续的幻想 |
[45:18] | That’s the gist. | 大概就这样 |
[45:20] | You think you can boil me down to a single adjective? | 你认为你用一个形容词就能总结我吗 |
[45:23] | Of course not. It’s merely a way to sort characteristics. | 当然不能 这只是把特征分类的一种方法 |
[45:27] | – You’re an expert now. – No. | -你现在成专家了 -没有 |
[45:30] | – Sounds like it. – I am not an expert. | -听起来就是 -我不是专家 |
[45:33] | But you want to be, don’t you? | 但你想成为专家 不是吗 |
[45:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:50] | Human blood is very hot. | 人血温度很高 |
[45:53] | On a cold, humid morning you can see it steam. | 在潮湿阴冷的早晨 你能看到人血冒热气 |
[45:57] | What are you doing, Ed? | 你在做什么 艾德 |
[45:59] | Someone left a ballpoint pen on my court file. | 有人在我的法庭文件上落下了一支圆珠笔 |
[46:01] | I used the metal casing. | 我用了笔的金属外壳 |
[46:07] | Is this what you wanted to see? | 这是你想看的吗 |
[46:10] | Why would I want to see that? | 我为什么会想看那个 |
[46:14] | Take a closer look. | 凑近点看 |
[46:22] | That’s okay. Really. | 不用了 真的 |
[46:28] | You know, women were initially indifferent to me. | 你知道吗 女人一开始都对我很冷漠 |
[46:33] | They weren’t interested in sharing. | 她们不愿意分享 |
[46:37] | My whole life, no one wanted to interact with me. | 这辈子都没人想要和我互动 |
[46:40] | Not even our cats, when I was a kid. | 即使我小时候家里养的猫也一样 |
[46:55] | The only way I could have those girls | 我能拥有那些女孩的唯一方式 |
[46:57] | was to kill them, and it worked. | 就是杀了她们 这也成功了 |
[47:00] | They became my spirit wives. They’re still with me. | 她们成了我精神上的妻子 她们仍与我同在 |
[47:08] | Funny thing in the ICU, | 重症监护室有意思的是 |
[47:10] | there’s no system to alert the guards. | 没有通知警卫的警报系统 |
[47:13] | It’s short-sighted, seeing what kind of people come through. | 这很短视 毕竟出入的人员复杂 |
[47:19] | I could kill you now, pretty easily. | 我现在就能轻易杀了你 |
[47:23] | Do some interesting things before anyone showed up. | 在有人来之前对你做些有趣的事 |
[47:28] | Then you’d be with me in spirit. | 那你在精神上也会与我同在了 |
[47:33] | I invited you many times to visit, | 我邀请了你来探望我很多次 |
[47:36] | but even with this, I never thought you’d actually come. | 但即使是这一次 我也没料到你真的会来 |
[47:42] | Why are you here, Holden? | 你为什么来这儿 霍顿 |
[47:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[47:52] | Well, now… | 好了 |
[47:54] | that is the truth. | 这才是真相 |
[48:24] | – Are you all right? – I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. | -你没事吧 -我无法呼吸 我无法呼吸 |
[48:27] | – Did you take anything? – I don’t know. | -你吃了什么药吗 -我不知道 |
[48:29] | – Do you have any allergies? – I don’t know. | -你有过敏吗 -我不知道 |
[48:32] | I’m dying. | 我快死了 |
[48:33] | You’re not dying. You’re in a hospital. | 你不会死的 你在医院里 |
[48:35] | I’m trying to warn you, | 我是想提醒你 |
[48:36] | your attitude is gonna bite you in the ass. | 你的态度最后会让你自食恶果 |
[48:39] | You’re developing a pattern | 你再继续这种行为模式 |
[48:39] | of behavior that will not sustain you. | 会毁了你自己 |
[48:41] | Not priceless gems you think you’re mining. | 并不是你所认为的你正挖掘的宝藏 |
[48:43] | Are we friends, Holden? | 我们是朋友吗 霍顿 |
[48:45] | Get a doctor here! | 快叫医生 |
[48:47] | Who are you, the fucking thought police? | 你以为你是谁 思想警察吗 |
[48:49] | Torture, mutilation. | 折磨 毁尸 |
[48:50] | That is your world, and it has made you paranoid. | 那是你的世界 也让你变得多疑 |