时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:31] | The library’s closing. | 图书馆要关门了 |
[00:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:08] | 心 理 神 探 | |
[03:10] | Nance? | 南茜 |
[03:12] | It’s so early. | 这大清早的 |
[03:13] | – What are you doing up? – Making coffee. | -你起来干什么 -煮咖啡 |
[03:15] | You been up long? | 起来挺久了吗 |
[03:19] | I just can’t get it out of my head. | 我就是没法不去想 |
[03:22] | A dead body in my first listing. | 我卖的房子里有死尸 |
[03:24] | – Are you okay? – I don’t wanna go back to that house. | -你没事吧 -我不想再去那房子了 |
[03:28] | Give it time. We’ll get the details. | 别着急 我们会了解到情况的 |
[03:30] | Bill, why do the police want my shoes? | 比尔 警察为什么要我的鞋 |
[03:33] | Am I a suspect? | 我是嫌疑人吗 |
[03:34] | It’s standard elimination procedure. | 只是标准排除程序 |
[03:37] | There’s nothing to worry about. | 你没必要担心 |
[03:43] | Our phone number’s on that “For Sale” sign. | 我们的电话还在那块”待售”的牌子上 |
[03:46] | We have to take it down. | 我们得摘掉它 |
[03:47] | Nancy, that sign is evidence now. | 南茜 那牌子现在是证据了 |
[03:49] | We can’t touch it. | 我们不能动它 |
[03:50] | Could you at least take my name and number off? | 你不能至少拿掉我的名字和号码吗 |
[03:53] | Please? | 求你 |
[03:55] | I’ll make a phone call. | 我去打个电话 |
[03:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:07] | Holden, it’s Bill. Sorry to call so early. | 霍顿 是比尔 抱歉这么早打来 |
[04:10] | Bill. What’s up? | 比尔 怎么了 |
[04:11] | Can’t go to Atlanta today. Can we postpone? | 我今天不能去亚特兰大了 我们能推迟吗 |
[04:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:16] | I don’t know if I caught something | 我不知道我是被孩子 |
[04:18] | from the kid or food poisoning. | 传染了什么 还是食物中毒 |
[04:20] | – Yeesh. – I was up all night. | -哎呀 -我折腾了一整夜 |
[04:22] | Yeah, I’ll be back on my feet tomorrow. | 我明天就能好起来 |
[04:24] | Don’t worry about it, I’ll go. | 没事的 我去吧 |
[04:25] | – Alone? – Yeah. | -你自己去吗 -嗯 |
[04:27] | – I don’t know, Holden. – I’m fine. I know what I’m doing. | -不好吧 霍顿 -我没事 我心里有数 |
[04:30] | I’ll interview Pierce. You come down tomorrow. | 我去跟皮尔斯谈 你明天过来 |
[04:34] | All right. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. | 好吧 那明早见 |
[04:36] | I’ll call you tonight to let you know how it went. | 我今晚打给你告诉你进展 |
[04:38] | I almost forgot. | 我差点忘了 |
[04:39] | Jim Barney will be at the airport. | 吉姆・巴尼会在机场等你 |
[04:41] | He’s still really interested in what we’re doing here, | 他仍对我们的工作很感兴趣 |
[04:43] | so I said we could grab a cup of coffee. | 所以我约好跟他喝咖啡的 |
[04:44] | Jim Barney. Why does that name sound familiar? | 吉姆・巴尼 这名字怎么好像听过 |
[04:46] | You met him at the office. He interviewed for Gregg’s position. | 你在办公室见过他 他面试过格雷格的位置 |
[04:49] | Yeah, the black guy you like. | 对了 你喜欢的那个黑人 |
[04:50] | I’ll call him, tell him you’re solo today. | 我会打给他 告诉他今天只有你 |
[04:52] | – Okay, thanks. – See ya. | -好 谢谢 -回见 |
[04:55] | I postponed. | 我推迟了 |
[04:57] | You did? | 是吗 |
[04:58] | I’ll take your shoes, swing by the house, | 我去送鞋 去趟房子那里 |
[05:00] | see what I can do about the “For Sale” sign. | 看看能不能摘掉”待售”牌子 |
[05:02] | Holden can handle today. | 霍顿今天自己应付就行 |
[05:04] | – I’ll join him tomorrow. – Honey, thank you. | -我明天再去 -亲爱的 谢谢你 |
[05:06] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[05:07] | – Hey, bud. – I’m sorry. | -伙计 -对不起 |
[05:10] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[05:13] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[05:18] | Why don’t you wait for me in the bathroom, | 你去浴室里等着我 |
[05:20] | and we’ll get you all cleaned up? | 我来帮你清理干净 |
[05:21] | – I’m sorry. – It’s all right, honey. Go ahead. | -对不起 -没事 亲爱的 去吧 |
[05:30] | I’ll have to strip the bed. | 我得去换床单 |
[05:35] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. | 女士们先生们 我是机长 |
[05:37] | We’re expecting a bit of turbulence. | 我们将遭遇轻微气流 |
[05:39] | We ask that you remain seated | 请大家保持坐好 |
[05:40] | and keep your seat belts fastened for the duration of the flight. | 飞行期间请系好安全带 |
[05:43] | As a result of ongoing construction in Atlanta, | 因为亚特兰大机场仍在施工 |
[05:46] | we have yet to be assigned a gate for our arrival, | 我们尚未分配到到港下机口 |
[05:48] | but as soon as we have more information, | 但我们一接到通知 |
[05:50] | we’ll be sure to let you know. | 便会告诉大家 |
[05:53] | 正在翻修 请见谅 | |
[06:03] | Agent Ford, Jim Barney. Good to see you. | 福特探员 吉姆・巴尼 见到你很高兴 |
[06:06] | – Need help with that? – I got it, thanks. | -需要帮忙吗 -我行的 谢谢 |
[06:08] | Nothing checked? | 没托运吗 |
[06:09] | Big changes around here. We taxied for 20 minutes. | 这里变化挺大 我们滑行了20分钟 |
[06:11] | It’ll be the world’s largest airport when it’s finished. | 等完工了就是全世界最大的机场了 |
[06:14] | Bigger means better, right? | 更大总是更好 是吧 |
[06:17] | 梅纳德・杰克逊市长欢迎你来亚特兰大 | |
[06:18] | So how’s the new guy working out? | 那个新人干得如何 |
[06:20] | Gunn? | 甘恩吗 |
[06:20] | No, the other fellow. Smith. | 不 另一个 史密斯 |
[06:23] | Gregg. | 格雷格 |
[06:26] | Mixed bag. | 好坏参半吧 |
[06:28] | Not all bad. | 也不完全糟糕 |
[06:30] | About as well as nepotism ever does. | 裙带关系也就那样吧 |
[06:33] | That’s too bad. | 真可惜 |
[06:38] | Bill was in your corner, you know. | 比尔很支持你的 |
[06:42] | Bill and I were due to grab breakfast. | 比尔和我本来约好一起吃早饭的 |
[06:44] | He was gonna give me an update on the BSU caseload. | 他说好跟我聊聊行为科学部的案子 |
[06:48] | If you want to get a coffee, maybe you could instead. | 如果你想喝咖啡 或许你能跟我讲讲 |
[06:55] | How quickly can you ingest this file on William Pierce? | 你多快能看完威廉・皮尔斯的案卷 |
[06:58] | I already did that. | 我已经看完了 |
[06:59] | And Hance. | 汉斯的也看了 |
[07:18] | 待售 | |
[07:19] | Excuse me, sir. It’s a crime scene. | 不好意思 先生 这里是犯罪现场 |
[07:21] | Special Agent Tench. FBI. | 坦奇特别探员 联调局 |
[07:23] | – Detective Spencer around? – Let me get him for you, sir. | -斯宾塞警探在吗 -我去找他 长官 |
[07:35] | Agent Tench. | 坦奇探员 |
[07:37] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[07:38] | I brought you some shoes. | 我给你带了鞋子来 |
[07:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:42] | Do you mind | 我可以 |
[07:43] | if I take my wife’s name and phone number off this sign? | 把牌子上我妻子的名字和号码拿掉吗 |
[07:45] | She’s a little squeamish. | 她有点敏感 |
[07:47] | I don’t see why not. I’ll have it pulled and brought inside. | 没什么不行 我让人拔下来拿进去 |
[07:50] | Got it. | 行了 |
[07:52] | You’ve been here all night. | 你在这待了一夜 |
[07:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:59] | Do you have a second? | 你有时间吗 |
[08:01] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:11] | We used the code your wife gave us to open the lockbox, | 我们用你妻子给的密码开了密码箱 |
[08:14] | but there were no keys in it. | 但里面没有钥匙 |
[08:16] | The front door was locked from the inside | 前面从里面上了锁 |
[08:17] | and all the windows secure. | 窗户都关好了 |
[08:19] | That key only worked on the front door, as I recall. | 我记得那钥匙只能开前门 |
[08:21] | Back door was open when we got here. | 我们到时 后门开着 |
[08:23] | Some mud had been tracked through the family room. | 有泥脚印一直延伸到家庭活动室 |
[08:26] | I’ve never s… | 我从未见… |
[08:30] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:32] | Would you mind? | 可以吗 |
[08:33] | Not at all. | 当然 |
[08:38] | Family reported the victim missing. | 家人报案说受害人失踪了 |
[08:40] | One of our officers, out in the woods, | 我们的一位警官 在林子里搜索 |
[08:42] | noticed the back door wide open. | 发现这里后门大开 |
[08:44] | That’s how we discovered the body. | 于是我们才发现了尸体 |
[08:48] | Watch your clothes, there’s lightening dust everywhere. | 小心衣服 到处是荧光粉* |
[08:52] | There were no signs of trauma to the hands or feet. | 手脚并无创伤痕迹 |
[08:54] | There were bruises on the neck and back of his head. | 脖子和脑后有瘀伤 |
[08:57] | He may have been dragged down the stairs. | 他可能被拖下了楼梯 |
[09:01] | A lot of footprints. | 好多脚印 |
[09:03] | Adults and kids. | 有成人也有孩子的 |
[09:05] | This is where we found the victim. | 我们就是在这里发现了死者 |
[09:08] | Down here. | 这下面 |
[09:21] | A baby? | 小孩子吗 |
[09:22] | Toddler. | 幼童 |
[09:24] | Twenty-two months. | 22个月大 |
[09:27] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[09:29] | Did he go missing from his home? | 他从家中失踪的吗 |
[09:31] | From the park. | 是公园 |
[09:32] | Fifty yards through the woods there. | 穿过林子50码处 |
[09:35] | He was tied to two pieces of old flooring. | 他被绑在两块旧地板上 |
[09:37] | Very carefully placed. | 摆放得很仔细 |
[09:40] | On a cross. | 十字架 |
[09:42] | Crucified. | 死在十字架上 |
[09:45] | Any adornments? Candles? Flowers? | 有任何装饰品吗 蜡烛 花 |
[09:48] | None. | 没有 |
[09:51] | The face was covered with a rag. | 脸被破布盖上了 |
[09:53] | We found a pile of them in a cupboard. | 我们在柜子里发现了一堆 |
[09:59] | You think it might be a cult? | 会不会是邪教 |
[10:01] | Wouldn’t be my first impression. They tend to be more elaborate. | 我不会一下想到那个 他们通常更精心摆设 |
[10:04] | The Dickinsons are just destroyed. | 迪肯森一家悲痛欲绝 |
[10:07] | I’ll bet. | 当然了 |
[10:09] | No, that can’t be. | 不是吧 |
[10:11] | Bill, no! | 比尔 不 |
[10:12] | – I know them! – You do? | -我认识他们 -是吗 |
[10:14] | Yes! From church. You do too. | 是的 教会的 你也认识 |
[10:16] | And their baby boy is just a… He’s an angel. | 他们的孩子 是个天使 |
[10:20] | – How did he die? – I don’t know. | -他怎么死的 -我不知道 |
[10:24] | Was he inside the house? | 是在房子里吗 |
[10:26] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[10:29] | On the new carpet? No, no! Don’t, don’t, don’t! | 在新地毯上吗 不 别 |
[10:32] | Did they have to break a window to get in? | 他们还打破了窗进去的吗 |
[10:34] | No, the key was missing from the lockbox. | 没 密码箱里的钥匙不见了 |
[10:35] | No, no, no, don’t tell me anything! | 不不不 别告诉我 |
[10:42] | We should go by. | 我们该过去 |
[10:43] | Offer our condolences. | 表示哀悼 |
[10:45] | Make them… Bring them something. | 给他们…带点什么去 |
[10:46] | Not today, Nance. They need a day or two just to… | 今天不行 南茜 给他们点时间… |
[10:51] | I have to call the owner of the house. | 我得打电话给屋主 |
[10:53] | Yeah, I think you do. | 对 这是有必要 |
[10:54] | What am I gonna say? | 我要说什么 |
[10:56] | Tell them the truth. | 就说实话 |
[11:00] | Was there blood? | 有血迹吗 |
[11:02] | – No. – How do you know? | -没有 -你怎么知道 |
[11:05] | You know more than you’re saying. | 你还知道更多没说 |
[11:08] | Those poor parents! | 那对可怜的父母 |
[11:23] | I need a glass of wine… | 我需要一杯酒 |
[11:25] | before I make the call. | 然后才能打电话 |
[11:32] | 佐治亚州州立监狱 里兹维尔 | |
[11:33] | We’re conducting interviews | 我们在约谈 |
[11:34] | with people who have been convicted of violent crimes. | 暴力犯罪定罪罪犯 |
[11:36] | Anything we discuss cannot be used against you | 我们所谈内容不能作为你上诉 |
[11:37] | in your appeals or applications for parole. | 或假释的不利证据 |
[11:40] | We’ll be asking you about your family history, | 我们将问及你的家庭历史 |
[11:42] | antecedent behavior, and thought patterns surrounding the crimes. | 与犯罪相关的先前行为和思维模式 |
[11:45] | Our goal is to publish a statistical analysis | 我们的目标是发表统计分析结果 |
[11:47] | which will not include your name. | 你的名字不会被列出 |
[11:49] | Does that sound all right? | 听上去没问题吧 |
[11:54] | I ain’t sure. | 我不确定 |
[11:56] | – What is it you aren’t sure about? – What you just said. | -你哪里不确定 -你刚刚说的 |
[12:02] | You got to slow way the fuck down. | 你得慢点说 |
[12:05] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:06] | No bother. No bother at all. | 没事 不成问题 |
[12:10] | I ain’t got nothin’ but time. | 我有的是时间 |
[12:13] | – As I said, Mr. Pierce… – Call me Junior. | -我说了 皮尔斯先生 -叫我小威 |
[12:17] | All right, Junior. | 好吧 小威 |
[12:19] | We are talking to people, such as yourself. | 我们在约谈你这样的人 |
[12:22] | Such as myself? | 我这样的人 |
[12:26] | You find a lot of people such as myself? | 我这样的人很多吗 |
[12:29] | I meant, people who | 我是指 |
[12:30] | have been convicted of particularly violent crimes. | 因尤其暴力的罪行被定罪的人 |
[12:34] | Multiple murderers to be precise. | 准确说是杀人累犯 |
[12:36] | Whatever we talk about, | 我们所谈内容 |
[12:37] | anything you say in here | 你所说的一切 |
[12:39] | won’t… can’t be used against you | 都不会 不能被用作 |
[12:41] | in your appeals or applications for parole. | 你上诉或申请假释时的不利证据 |
[12:43] | Hilarious. | 笑死人了 |
[12:44] | Got me an 880-year sentence. | 我判了880年 |
[12:47] | I ain’t applying for no parole. | 我才不会申请假释 |
[12:49] | I never gettin’ outta here. | 我永远都出不去了 |
[12:51] | Probably right. | 可能是吧 |
[12:54] | I’d like to start by asking about your family history. | 我首先想问问你的家庭历史 |
[12:57] | Fine. | 好啊 |
[12:57] | – Antecedent behavior. – Okay. | -先前行为 -好 |
[13:02] | – That means what you… – I know what that means. | -那是说… -我知道那什么意思 |
[13:04] | I ain’t half, I’m whole-witted. | 我不傻 我脑筋好使 |
[13:07] | I speak seven languages, you know. | 我会七种语言呢 知道吧 |
[13:08] | No, I didn’t know that. Impressive. | 不 我不知道 厉害 |
[13:12] | As I was saying, what you were thinking and doing… | 我刚刚说了 你的想法 做法… |
[13:15] | Spanish, | 西班牙语 |
[13:17] | German, | 德语 |
[13:19] | French, Russian, | 法语 俄语 |
[13:23] | Libyan, | 利比亚语 |
[13:26] | – and Apache. – That’s six. | -还有阿帕奇语 -那是六种 |
[13:29] | Well, I speak seven. | 我会七种 |
[13:36] | Spanish, | 西班牙语 |
[13:38] | German, | 德语 |
[13:40] | French, | 法语 |
[13:42] | Russian, | 俄语 |
[13:43] | Libyan, | 利比亚语 |
[13:46] | Apache… | 阿帕奇语 |
[13:49] | English? | 英语吗 |
[13:50] | Bingo! | 对了 |
[13:53] | Also, what you thought and did after you committed the murders. | 以及你犯下凶案后的想法和做法 |
[13:58] | Let’s start with your childhood. How would you describe it? | 先说你的童年吧 你会如何描述那段时光 |
[14:02] | What’s he gonna do | 他要干什么 |
[14:03] | while you and me doing all this askin’ and answerin’? | 咱俩提问回答期间 |
[14:06] | He don’t look like any FBI agent. | 他可不像联调局探员 |
[14:09] | – You know what I mean. – No, I don’t. What do you mean? | -你明白我的意思 -我不懂 你什么意思 |
[14:12] | Didn’t think the FBI had coloreds. | 我以为联调局没有有色探员 |
[14:15] | Learn something new every day. Your childhood. | 每天都能学到新东西 你的童年 |
[14:18] | How would you describe it? | 你会怎么描述 |
[14:20] | Poor. | 穷 |
[14:22] | Could you give us just a little bit more? | 你能再多说点吗 |
[14:35] | Real poor. | 特穷 |
[14:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:38] | It was Depression times. | 当时是大萧条 |
[14:40] | Everyone was poor. | 大家都很穷 |
[14:42] | Most kids were just skin and bones. | 孩子大都是瘦得皮包骨 |
[14:44] | No food on the table unless you want to pick berries, | 根本没吃的 除非你愿去摘果子 |
[14:47] | or shoot yourself a squirrel. | 或是自己打只松鼠 |
[14:49] | I ain’t feeling self-commiseration now. | 我可没自我怜悯 |
[14:52] | – Everyone had it the same. – Self… Never mind. | -大家都一样苦 -自我…算了 |
[14:55] | How about your family? | 你的家人呢 |
[14:56] | Only Momma. | 只有妈妈 |
[14:58] | Shit-for-brains, barely convert in English. | 脑子不好使 连话都说不好 |
[15:02] | But she loved me. | 但她爱我 |
[15:05] | Daddy? | 爸爸呢 |
[15:06] | He weren’t stupid. | 他不傻 |
[15:08] | Got my intellick from his side. | 我的脑子是继承了他 |
[15:10] | Run his mouth like no one’s. | 嘴巴没把门 |
[15:13] | One day he ran. | 有天他跑了 |
[15:15] | He up and dissipated. | 突然就消散了 |
[15:17] | – I’m sorry. Dissipated? – Vamoosed. | -什么 消散 -跑了 |
[15:20] | Spanish for run away. | 西班牙语的”跑了” |
[15:22] | Did you like your father? | 你喜欢你父亲吗 |
[15:23] | No, sir. | 不 长官 |
[15:25] | He bugged the p-i-s-s outta me. | 他让我烦死了 |
[15:28] | Well, that pretty much covers family. | 家人差不多说完了 |
[15:31] | Do you mind if we… | 我们可以… |
[15:35] | I’d like to ask questions specifically about the crimes themselves. | 我想问具体关于罪案的问题 |
[15:38] | The eight murders. | 那八起谋杀 |
[15:40] | I’d like to answer them questions specificus, that’s Latin, | 我乐意详细地回答你的问题 那是拉丁语 |
[15:44] | but I can’t. Because I ain’t done eight murders. | 但我不能 我没犯下八起谋杀 |
[15:46] | – No? – No what? | -是吗 -什么是吗 |
[15:48] | It says right here, December 1970, you raped… | 这里写着 1970年12月 你强奸… |
[15:51] | That confession was co-hearsed. | 那是逼供 |
[15:55] | The sheriff, he put a cigarette out on my privates. | 治安官 他把烟头摁灭在了我的私处 |
[15:59] | Okay then, seven murders. | 那好 七起谋杀 |
[16:00] | No. | 不 |
[16:02] | – No? – Can’t talk about seven murders | -不吗 -我不能谈七起谋杀 |
[16:05] | because I ain’t done seven murders neither. | 因为我也没犯下七起谋杀 |
[16:06] | I see. | 好吧 |
[16:10] | The waitress, Kathy. | 服务员 凯茜 |
[16:11] | I ain’t murdered any waitress. | 我没杀那个服务员 |
[16:14] | The housekeeper. | 女管家 |
[16:15] | I ain’t murdered Virginia neither. | 我也没杀弗吉尼娅 |
[16:16] | Hazel. | 海泽 |
[16:20] | I ain’t murdered Hazel. | 我没杀海泽 |
[16:21] | Junior, you confessed to all three of those. | 小威 这三起你都供认了 |
[16:24] | Erogenously. | 谬误 |
[16:25] | – Erogenously? – Wrongly. | -什么 -那是错的 |
[16:26] | – It’s right here in your confession. – I can’t help that. | -就在你供认书里写着呢 -那没办法 |
[16:31] | I did not murder them women. | 我没杀那些女人 |
[16:32] | Then why confess? | 那为什么供认 |
[16:35] | You can’t confess to crimes | 你不能认了罪 |
[16:36] | and then turn around and say you didn’t commit them. | 调头又说你没干 |
[16:38] | Yes, I can. | 我就能 |
[16:39] | No, you can’t. | 你不能 |
[16:40] | Yes, I can. | 我就能 |
[16:42] | No, you can’t. | 你不能 |
[16:43] | Yes, I can. | 我就能 |
[16:45] | – Not in the eyes of the law. – Yes, I can. | -在法律看来不能 -我就能 |
[16:47] | – Once you confess… – You ever looked in the eyes of the law? | -一旦你认罪… -你凝视过法律吗 |
[16:49] | – It’s just a figure of speech. – Have you? | -只是种说法 -有过吗 |
[16:51] | No, Junior, I have not. | 没 小威 我没有 |
[16:53] | Don’t go using some speech figure, | 别用什么代称 |
[16:54] | trying to get me say something I ain’t never gonna say. | 想逼我说出我不会说的话 |
[16:57] | I apologize. | 对不起 |
[16:58] | I ain’t gonna stand for any of that co-hearsion ever again. | 我再不会忍受那样的逼迫了 |
[17:01] | – Ever! – I understand. | -再不 -我知道了 |
[17:05] | I see what you’re getting at. | 我明白你们什么意思 |
[17:07] | What am I getting at, Junior? | 我什么意思 小威 |
[17:08] | You think I’m simple. | 你当我傻 |
[17:10] | Let me tell you somethin’. | 我告诉你们 |
[17:12] | That judge on them cases? | 审案的法官 |
[17:14] | He said I was continent to stand trial. | 他说我有能力接受审判 |
[17:17] | So that there proves it. | 这就是证明 |
[17:20] | Junior, I just wanted some clarity about you changing your mind. | 小威 我只想了解你为什么改主意 |
[17:24] | You can’t figure that out? | 你想不明白吗 |
[17:25] | Think about it. | 想想吧 |
[17:27] | – I was intimated. – Intimated? | -我被威希了 -“威希” |
[17:29] | Why you always repeating my words? | 你干吗总重复我的话 |
[17:31] | You have a very impressive vocabulary, | 你的词汇量很惊人 |
[17:35] | and I don’t always understand your colloquialisms. | 我不是总能理解你的口语 |
[17:40] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:42] | I got all the good words. | 我知道各种好词 |
[17:43] | You certainly do. | 是啊 |
[17:46] | Thank you, Junior. | 谢谢 小威 |
[17:50] | You want one? | 想要一个吗 |
[17:52] | Love one. | 好啊 |
[17:55] | Unless you’re offering two. | 除非你愿再给一个 |
[18:07] | The chocolate and the smooth… | 巧克力和奶油 |
[18:10] | all in one treat. | 一口都有 |
[18:15] | You don’t ever get these in here. | 这里可没这玩意 |
[18:21] | You drove a truck, right? | 你开卡车的 对吧 |
[18:24] | Yes, sir. | 对 长官 |
[18:27] | I drove for… the Georgia Highway Department. | 我为佐治亚州高速部门开车 |
[18:30] | You enjoy that? | 你喜欢吗 |
[18:32] | I liked being on the road. | 我喜欢在路上跑 |
[18:34] | Met all kinds of people. | 能认识各种人 |
[18:37] | All kinds of treats. | 吃到各种东西 |
[18:42] | One day I had an accident on the job site. | 有天 我在工作地出了事故 |
[18:46] | A steel girdle fell on my head. | 一个钢箍砸在我脑袋上 |
[18:49] | And doctor said my ence… | 医生说我… |
[18:52] | My encephalic vitality cells were damaged. | 我的脑活力细胞受损了 |
[18:56] | My brain is stimulated by… | 我的大脑受了刺激 |
[19:01] | I can’t pronounce it, | 我读不出来 |
[19:02] | but I can spell it. | 但我会拼 |
[19:06] | HY H, y… | |
[19:10] | P | P… |
[19:12] | O | O… |
[19:13] | T | T… |
[19:15] | H | H… |
[19:18] | Y | Y… |
[19:20] | O | O… |
[19:23] | I | I… |
[19:27] | D | D… |
[19:28] | IS I, s… | |
[19:32] | M | M. |
[19:34] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[19:37] | I imagine not everybody you meet on the road is polite. | 你在路上遇到的人不总是很礼貌吧 |
[19:41] | Am I right? | 是吧 |
[19:41] | Amen, brother. | 是啊 兄弟 |
[19:43] | Momma taught me. | 妈妈教我的 |
[19:44] | She used to say, | 她总说 |
[19:46] | “Junior, stick up for yourself.” | “小威 要为自己说话” |
[19:49] | – I always did. – Like how? | -我一向如此 -比如呢 |
[19:52] | Well, this one time… | 有次 |
[19:55] | some shop-bitch, | 一个商店贱人 |
[19:58] | she called me moron. | 她说我是白痴 |
[20:00] | Moron? | 白痴 |
[20:02] | Once. | 就那一次 |
[20:05] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[20:09] | Junior, you mind if we go back to those murders? | 小威 我们能再说说这些凶案吗 |
[20:13] | The ones you didn’t commit? | 你没做的那些 |
[20:16] | We go back to whatever you want… | 我们想说什么都行 |
[20:19] | as long as you got more of these. | 只要你还有这个 |
[20:21] | You told the police where to find the bodies. | 你跟警方说了去哪能找到尸体 |
[20:23] | – Yes, sir. – How’d you know where to go? | -对 长官 -这你怎么知道的 |
[20:28] | I’m clearvoyant. | 我有阴阳眼 |
[20:31] | Use my psychic magnet, | 用了我的灵力 |
[20:34] | telepathy. | 心灵感应 |
[20:36] | Everybody started asking me about them murders. | 大家都开始问我那些凶案的事 |
[20:39] | I turned up my sixth sense. | 我就打开第六感 |
[20:41] | Told them exactly how each one happened, | 告诉了他们 每起的具体经过 |
[20:43] | where the bodies was at. | 尸体都在哪 |
[20:44] | Weren’t no confession. | 不是供认 |
[20:46] | – I was helpin’. – Of course you were. | -我是在帮忙 -当然 |
[20:48] | They never were gonna find them bodies. | 否则他们肯定找不到尸体 |
[20:49] | Never have any peace. | 也不得安宁 |
[20:51] | I helped them families. | 我帮了那些家庭 |
[20:53] | I alloyed their distressment. | 我安抚了他们的痛苦 |
[20:56] | Can I ask about the other murders? | 我能问问其他凶案吗 |
[20:57] | Gas station attendants, the store owner, and the clerk? | 加油站服务员 店主和店员 |
[21:01] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[21:04] | I did those. | 那是我干的 |
[21:06] | “She called me a moron.” | “她说我是白痴” |
[21:08] | She wasn’t far off. | 没说错 |
[21:12] | I’ve never seen Mallomars used for interrogation purposes. | 我从没见过拿巧克力棉花糖当审讯手段 |
[21:15] | I read your Kemper and Brudos transcripts. | 我读了你的坎伯和布鲁多斯抄录 |
[21:19] | Cigarettes and shoes. | 雪茄和鞋 |
[21:20] | And there’s that photo of Pierce in his cell. | 还有皮尔斯囚室的那张照片 |
[21:23] | Which? | 哪张 |
[21:24] | He’s surrounded by junk food: | 他周围一堆垃圾食品 |
[21:26] | chocolate bars, mini-doughnuts. | 巧克力棒 小甜甜圈 |
[21:27] | His cell’s practically a 7-Eleven. | 他的囚室简直是便利店 |
[21:29] | He tipped his hand, he’s got a sweet… | 他露了手 他喜欢甜… |
[21:31] | Watch it, man! There’s children out here! | 小心 伙计 这里有孩子呢 |
[21:32] | – All right, you all hold hands. – Slow down! | -好了 手拉手 -慢点的 |
[21:35] | Hold your hand. Hold your brother’s hand, baby. | 手拉手 拉着哥哥的手 |
[21:40] | Is this an Atlanta thing? | 这是亚特兰大特色吗 |
[21:44] | The city doesn’t provide the same level of services | 城市并不向所有社区提供 |
[21:46] | to all neighborhoods. | 一样的服务 |
[21:50] | The next great metropolis has got some issues. | 新大都市也有问题 |
[22:00] | – What time tomorrow? – We should leave by 9:30. | -明天什么时间 -我们9:30走吧 |
[22:03] | If you want breakfast before we go, I’ll be in the restaurant. | 如果走前你想吃早餐 我就在餐馆 |
[22:06] | – Put it on Quantico. – Thanks, I can’t. | -匡提科请客 -谢了 但我不能 |
[22:08] | The wife insists on feeding me mornings. | 老婆早上给我做饭的 |
[22:10] | – See you at 9:30. – All right. | -那9:30见 -好 |
[22:35] | Welcome to the Omni. | 欢迎来欧姆尼酒店 |
[22:35] | I’ll have someone come right out to help you. | 我马上叫人来帮您 |
[22:37] | – Thank you. – Tanya? | -谢谢 -坦娅 |
[22:38] | – Can you assist this gentleman, please? – Yes. | -可以协助下这位先生吗 -好的 |
[22:40] | Welcome to the Omni, sir. You’re checking in? | 欢迎来欧姆尼酒店 先生 入住吗 |
[22:42] | Yes, please. Ford… | 是的 福特 |
[22:45] | Holden. | 霍顿 |
[22:45] | All right. Ford, Holden. | 好的 福特・霍顿 |
[22:48] | Sorry, Ford is my last name. | 抱歉 福特是我的姓氏 |
[22:52] | It’s a bad joke in Australia. Like here. | 在澳大利亚是个冷笑话 这里也是 |
[22:55] | There it is. It’s a queen bed for one night? | 找到了 一晚 双人床 是吗 |
[22:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:59] | May I check your ID first? | 我能先看下你的身份证吗 |
[23:02] | Not that I don’t believe you’re not… | 我不是不相信你是… |
[23:03] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[23:09] | Special Agent Ford. FBI? | 福特特别探员 联调局 |
[23:15] | – May I? – Yes. | -可以吗 -当然 |
[23:21] | Credit card. | 信用卡 |
[23:23] | Right. | 好 |
[23:23] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:24] | And the, key card. You know, we should, um… | 钥匙卡 我们应该… |
[23:29] | We’ve been having some troubles with these machines. | 这些机器近来老出故障 |
[23:31] | It’s been up and down all day. | 一整天时好时坏 |
[23:32] | Everything’s broken before it’s fixed, right? | 修好之前总是坏的 是吧 |
[23:34] | – Always. – I should probably go up with you. | -是啊 -我还是陪你上去吧 |
[23:36] | Just to check. | 就以防万一 |
[23:37] | This way, you don’t have to come all the way back. | 这样也不劳你再下来 |
[23:38] | That’s okay. I don’t… | 没事 我不… |
[23:39] | 10分钟后回来 | |
[23:46] | This way, Agent Ford. | 这边请 福特探员 |
[23:57] | Long day? | 今天挺辛苦 |
[23:58] | Very. | 很辛苦 |
[24:00] | You in town for a conference? | 你来这里开会的吗 |
[24:02] | – On a case actually. Two. – For one night? | -其实是为两件案子来的 -就住一晚 |
[24:06] | It’s… pretty basic. | 很…简单的工作 |
[24:10] | Is it, like, some secret government thing? | 是秘密政府公务吗 |
[24:12] | Like, if you tell me, you gotta kill me? | 如果你告诉我了 就得杀了我吗 |
[24:14] | No, I’m not CIA. | 不 我不是中情局的 |
[24:18] | I’m an investigator. I study multiple murderers. | 我是个调查员 我在研究杀人累犯 |
[24:31] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[24:37] | You want to take a look around? | 你想到处看看吗 |
[24:39] | See if it’s what you… | 看看你是否… |
[24:42] | Because we have other rooms. | 我们还有其他房间 |
[24:44] | Junior or executive suites. | 普通和高级套间 |
[24:48] | This seems fine. | 这间就行 |
[24:50] | There are towels in the bathroom. | 浴室里有毛巾 |
[24:52] | And there’s an iron in the closet. | 橱柜里有熨斗 |
[24:55] | – Can I get you some ice? – I’m ordering room service. | -你需要冰吗 -我会叫客房服务 |
[24:57] | I’ll just ask them to bring some. | 我让他们拿吧 |
[24:58] | Well, I probably shouldn’t say so, but the room service here is.. | 我可能不该这么说 但这里的客房服务 |
[25:02] | – It’s, uh… – Hit-or-miss? | -比较… -时好时坏吗 |
[25:06] | – Mostly miss. – Thank you. | -时坏更多 -谢谢了 |
[25:09] | I’ll figure it out. | 我会想办法的 |
[25:11] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[25:15] | Let us know if you need anything. | 如果你需要什么请告诉我们 |
[25:16] | There’s a direct line to the front desk. | 有条直通前台的线路 |
[25:17] | It’s the little button on the… | 就按那个小按钮… |
[25:20] | Got it. | 好的 |
[25:20] | Well, you have a good night, Agent Ford. | 祝你今晚愉快 福特探员 |
[25:22] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[25:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:56] | I get off in about an hour. | 我一小时后下班 |
[25:59] | If you can wait to eat, I’ll show you the best meal in Atlanta. | 如果你不急着吃 我带你去亚特兰大最好的地方 |
[26:04] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:31] | Agent Ford. | 福特探员 |
[26:39] | You look great. | 你看上去好棒 |
[26:42] | Sorry, I’m in a bit of a hurry. | 抱歉 我有点急 |
[26:43] | We aren’t supposed to fraternize with guests. | 我们是不能亲近客人的 |
[26:45] | It’s fine. Can I catch us a cab? | 没事 我给咱们打个车吗 |
[26:48] | No. Just a little further. | 不用 再走点路就到 |
[26:51] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[26:59] | It’s a mess in here. I’m not usually like this. | 里面有点乱 我一般不会这样 |
[27:02] | Don’t worry. | 没事 |
[27:04] | With all my running around, I can’t seem to find the time. | 我总是到处跑 都没时间收拾 |
[27:06] | Well, you know. | 你了解的 |
[27:07] | My partner and I used to be on the road. | 我和搭档以前在路上跑 |
[27:08] | We basically lived out of our car. | 基本上都住在车里 |
[27:10] | I’ve seen much worse. | 我见过糟得多的 |
[27:13] | That doesn’t… You just have to hold it or… | 那…你只能把着… |
[27:15] | – It’s fine. We aren’t going very far. – Okay. | -没事 我们不走远 -好 |
[27:19] | The AC doesn’t work. You wanna let the window down? | 空调不好使 你把窗户摇下来吧 |
[27:21] | Sure. | 好 |
[27:35] | – You a music fan? – I am. | -你喜欢音乐吗 -是的 |
[27:38] | Mostly, new wave stuff. Recently. | 近来主要是新浪潮的东西 |
[27:43] | Other things too. | 还有其他的 |
[27:45] | I like movies. I like to read. | 我喜欢电影 读书 |
[27:48] | I wish I had time to read more. | 我也希望我有时间多读书 |
[27:50] | Seems like every day I go from work, | 我似乎每天都是酒店 |
[27:52] | to home, and back to work again. | 家 酒店两头跑 |
[27:53] | You don’t go out ever? | 你从不出门吗 |
[27:55] | I… don’t believe you don’t go out. | 我不相信呢 |
[27:58] | Some. | 有时候吧 |
[27:59] | Rarely. Mostly, I work. | 很少 我更多是工作 |
[28:02] | I can relate to that. | 我能感同身受 |
[28:03] | I used to go to church a lot. | 我以前常去教堂 |
[28:06] | Not so much anymore. | 现在不怎么去了 |
[28:08] | You give up on God? | 你放弃上帝了 |
[28:11] | Not yet. | 还没呢 |
[28:13] | I help out sometimes. | 我有时会帮忙 |
[28:15] | Organizing community events, | 组织社区活动 |
[28:17] | scholarship fundraisers for high schoolers. | 为高中生组织奖学金筹款 |
[28:19] | Little stuff. | 就是些小事 |
[28:20] | So you do get out. | 那你还是出门的 |
[28:21] | If that’s what you call getting out. | 如果你管那叫出门的话 |
[28:25] | I take classes. | 我上课 |
[28:26] | Well, took classes at the community college, | 在社区大学上课 |
[28:29] | Atlanta Tech. | 亚特兰大理工 |
[28:31] | Ten credits away from my Associate’s. Hospitality Management. | 再10个学分就能拿到酒店管理证书了 |
[28:34] | Congrats. | 恭喜 |
[28:36] | Almost. I’m saving up before I go back and finish. | 快了 我在攒钱好回去完成学业 |
[28:39] | Don’t wanna take out loans, be in a whole lot of debt, you know. | 不想贷款 那样欠债太多 |
[28:43] | It’s why I drive this old thing. It’s cost effective. | 所以我才开这辆老车 省钱 |
[28:47] | Sounds smart. | 很明智 |
[28:50] | How long have you been studying multiple murderers? | 你研究杀人累犯多久了 |
[28:53] | Only recently. | 也就最近才开始 |
[28:55] | It’s a brand-new unit at Quantico. | 是匡提科的新部门 |
[28:57] | Well, it sounds important, what you’re doing. | 你做的事听上去很重要 |
[29:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:10] | – Here we are. – Looks closed. | -我们到了 -似乎关门了 |
[29:13] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[29:17] | 帕斯卡餐馆 | |
[29:23] | Ernie. | 厄尼 |
[29:24] | This is Agent Ford. | 这是福特探员 |
[29:26] | – Holden. – This is my cousin. | -霍顿 -这是我亲戚 |
[29:29] | – You look kind of young for FBI. – Ernie. | -你这么年轻会是联调局的 -厄尼 |
[29:31] | – Stop it. Don’t listen to him. – It happens. | -别 别听他瞎说 -有其他人说过 |
[29:33] | They’re sitting in the back there. | 他们坐在后面 |
[29:35] | Go on ahead. I’ll make you a plate and bring it over to you. | 去吧 我给你备好一盘端过去 |
[29:40] | “They”? | “他们” |
[29:50] | Thank you all so much for waiting. | 谢谢你们等我们 |
[29:53] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉我们迟了 |
[29:54] | Is that the FBI we’ve been waiting to meet? | 他就是我们等着见的联调局探员吗 |
[29:56] | Yes, ma’am. This is Special Agent Holden Ford. | 对 这是特别探员霍顿・福特 |
[30:00] | – Special Agent Ford… – Holden, please. | -特别探员福特 -叫我霍顿吧 |
[30:02] | This is Mrs. Willie Mae Mathis, | 这是薇莉・梅・马西斯太太 |
[30:04] | Miss Venus Taylor, and Mrs. Camille Bell. | 维纳斯・泰勒太太和卡蜜尔・贝尔太太 |
[30:07] | Agent Ford… | 福特探员 |
[30:08] | Holden. | 霍顿 |
[30:10] | He’ll only be in town for one night, | 他只会在这里住一晚 |
[30:12] | so I’m sure you all would like to talk to him. | 所以你们肯定想跟他谈谈 |
[30:15] | Why don’t you sit down and enjoy the plate Cousin Ernest set, | 你坐下吧 好好享用厄尼做的饭吧 |
[30:18] | before it get cold? | 别放凉了 |
[30:20] | Thank you. This looks delicious. | 谢谢 看上去很好吃 |
[30:25] | So you heard… | 你听说… |
[30:26] | what’s been happening here in Atlanta? | 亚特兰大的事了 |
[30:29] | No. | 没有 |
[30:30] | Not for lack of trying. | 可不是我们没努力 |
[30:32] | Our calls aren’t answered, our questions ignored. | 我们的电话没人接 我们的问题不受重视 |
[30:39] | Well, please tell me. | 请跟我说吧 |
[30:40] | What is it you do, Special Agent Ford of the FBI? | 特别探员福特 你在联调局做什么 |
[30:43] | Well, Holden’s with a very important office, | 霍顿在一个很重要的部门工作 |
[30:45] | and he handles cases just like y’all’s. | 他处理你们那样的案件 |
[30:50] | Tell ’em what you told me. | 告诉她们你跟我说的话 |
[30:53] | I’m with the Behavioral Science Unit, | 我是行为科学部的 |
[30:57] | a select division of the bureau. | 这是联调局的一个精英部门 |
[31:00] | I study serial killers. | 我研究连环杀手 |
[31:03] | That is, killers who murder multiple victims. | 也就是会连续杀多人的杀人犯 |
[31:06] | For instance, people like Son of Sam. | 比如山姆之子 |
[31:07] | You caught Son of Sam? | 你抓到了山姆之子吗 |
[31:09] | – No. – But someone in your unit did? | -没有 -但是你们部的人抓到的 |
[31:11] | No, ma’am. I said we study Son of Sam | 不是 女士 我说我们研究山姆之子 |
[31:14] | to catch others like him. | 好抓到类似他的人 |
[31:15] | – You’ve heard of Gene Devier? – I have. | -你们听说过吉恩・德维尔 -是的 |
[31:19] | Well, Holden caught him. | 霍顿抓到了他 |
[31:21] | How old are you, Agent Ford? | 你多大了 福特探员 |
[31:24] | I’m almost 30. | 我快30了 |
[31:28] | He won’t do us any good. | 他不行的 |
[31:30] | No one will listen to him. | 没人会听他的 |
[31:32] | Thank you for coming here, Agent Ford. | 谢谢你来一趟 福特探员 |
[31:33] | – No one will listen to me? – Please? Mrs. Bell… | -没人会听我的 -拜托 贝尔太太 |
[31:36] | This is my daughter. | 这是我女儿 |
[31:39] | Angel. | 安琪 |
[31:42] | She slept over at a friend’s house. | 她去了个朋友家过夜 |
[31:44] | They were gonna watch TV. | 她们打算看电视 |
[31:46] | She loves The Jeffersons. | 她可喜欢《杰斐逊一家》了 |
[31:50] | Loved. | 生前喜欢 |
[31:52] | Angel didn’t come home. | 安琪没回家 |
[31:54] | I called the police. They said give it a couple days. | 我报了警 他们说 等几天吧 |
[32:00] | Give it a couple of days? | 等几天 |
[32:07] | Near the woods over on Campbellton Road. | 在坎伯顿路的林子附近 |
[32:11] | That’s where they found the body. | 他们在那里发现了她的尸体 |
[32:16] | I’m so sorry for your loss, Miss Taylor. | 我很遗憾 泰勒女士 |
[32:17] | My son… | 我儿子 |
[32:19] | My Jeffrey is 11. | 杰弗里才11岁 |
[32:25] | Jeffrey… | 杰弗里 |
[32:27] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[32:36] | That woman… | 那女人 |
[32:37] | is a warrior. | 是个勇士 |
[32:41] | Works three jobs, | 打三份工 |
[32:43] | takes care of six kids. | 照顾六个孩子 |
[32:45] | She has seen too much pain. | 她经历了太多痛苦 |
[32:48] | Her husband was a watchman. | 她丈夫是个守夜人 |
[32:49] | Shot dead during a robbery while on duty. | 执勤时遭遇抢劫被打死了 |
[32:51] | What can I do, Mrs. Bell? | 我能做什么 贝尔太太 |
[32:55] | My son Yusuf was at Dunbar Elementary. | 我儿子尤瑟夫上的是邓巴小学 |
[32:59] | He was one of 20 students enrolled in gifted classes there. | 他是20个进入天才班的学生之一 |
[33:02] | He was a good boy. | 他是个好孩子 |
[33:05] | At age four, Yusuf could quote you | 四岁时 尤瑟夫就能 |
[33:06] | Dr. King’s “I Have A Dream” speech from memory. | 凭记忆背出金博士的《我有个梦想》演讲 |
[33:10] | Very clever, that child. | 那孩子很聪明 |
[33:14] | Miss Eula, our neighbor, | 我们的邻居 尤拉女士 |
[33:15] | she asked if he’d run down to Reese’s Grocery | 拜托他去瑞茜杂货店 |
[33:17] | to pick her up some snuff. | 帮她带鼻烟回来 |
[33:21] | Yusuf, like Angel, never came back. | 尤瑟夫 像安琪一样 再没回来 |
[33:26] | At the funeral, a whole lot of people showed up. | 葬礼上 来了好多人 |
[33:29] | Even the mayor. | 包括市长 |
[33:31] | But nobody asked how the body of a nine-year-old boy | 但没人去问 一个九岁男孩的尸体 |
[33:34] | gets stuffed in a maintenance trap, | 怎么会被塞进一个维修口 |
[33:37] | a hole in the concrete of an abandoned school, | 那就是一所废弃学校水泥墙上的一个洞 |
[33:39] | the way Yusuf’s had. | 尤瑟夫就那样惨死 |
[33:41] | There are no answers to questions you can’t even conceive. | 这些无法想象的问题没有答案 |
[33:45] | We don’t come here on Wednesdays for the food, Agent Ford. | 我们周三来这里不是来吃饭的 福特探员 |
[33:49] | We waited, we prayed, but we are done. | 我们等了 祈祷了 但我们受够了 |
[33:52] | Our children are dying. | 我们的孩子在死去 |
[33:57] | And someone must do something about it. | 得有人想想办法 |
[34:01] | I’d like to help. | 我很想帮忙 |
[34:10] | Here’s everything we’ve collected so far. | 这是我们目前收集到的一切 |
[34:12] | Newspaper clippings, photos where the bodies were found, | 新闻剪报 尸体发现地的照片 |
[34:15] | eyewitness reports from neighbors | 邻居的目击者报告 |
[34:17] | the authorities didn’t even bother to interview. | 当局甚至没来问过话 |
[34:21] | Do the police have these? | 警察拿到这些了吗 |
[34:24] | Not everything in there has been dittoed. | 里面的东西不是全复印过 |
[34:25] | – Be precious with it. – I promise. | -小心点拿着 -我保证 |
[34:26] | 失踪 | |
[34:27] | And don’t make promises. | 别许承诺 |
[34:35] | We parents teach our kids ways to go about in this world. | 我们做家长的教孩子们要如何处事 |
[34:39] | How to take care of yourself, take care of each other. | 怎么照顾自己 照顾彼此 |
[34:44] | Our promise is to do our best to help keep them alive. | 我们保证尽力让他们活下来 |
[34:49] | When they found Angel, | 他们发现安琪时 |
[34:49] | she had someone else’s underwear stuffed down her throat. | 她喉咙里被塞了别人的内裤 |
[34:54] | My son Yusuf, his feet had been carefully washed | 我儿子尤瑟夫 他的脚被勒死他的人 |
[34:56] | by whoever strangled him. | 仔细清洗过 |
[34:59] | Willie Mae’s child is still missing. | 薇莉・梅的孩子到现在仍下落不明 |
[35:01] | Who knows where he is or what’s been done to him. | 谁知道他在哪 遭受了什么 |
[35:06] | Save your promises, Agent Ford. | 别许承诺 福特探员 |
[35:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:20] | For listening. Those women needed somebody to hear them out. | 谢谢你听 那些女人需要个人听她们说话 |
[35:23] | It’s the very least I could do. | 应该的 |
[35:27] | No one’s taken them seriously until now. | 之前一直没人认真对待她们 |
[35:35] | I should’ve told you where we were going. | 我应该告诉你我们要去哪的 |
[35:37] | I… thought maybe you wouldn’t want to come with me. | 我…担心你会不想跟我来 |
[35:39] | No. No, nothing to be sorry about. | 不 你不用道歉 |
[35:44] | I hear it’s the best meal in Atlanta. | 我听说这是亚特兰大最好的美食 |
[35:50] | 行为科学部占用 | |
[35:55] | I thought you guys were in Atlanta. | 我以为你们在亚特兰大 |
[35:57] | Holden’s there. | 霍顿去了 |
[35:58] | I was going, but… got a bug. | 我本想去的 但染了病 |
[36:02] | He said he could handle it. | 他说他搞得定 |
[36:04] | Do you think he should be in the field alone? | 你觉得他可以单独出外勤吗 |
[36:05] | I do. This’ll be good. | 没问题 这是好事 |
[36:07] | Rip off the Band-Aid. | 撕掉创可贴 |
[36:08] | Well, Bill, you of all people know that | 比尔 你最清楚 |
[36:10] | these interviews can be unpredictable. | 这些谈话很不可预测 |
[36:12] | You really think testing Holden’s emotional equilibrium | 你真觉得现在有必要测试霍顿的 |
[36:14] | – right now is necessary? – I spoke to him last night. | -情绪平衡力 -我昨晚跟他通过话 |
[36:17] | He seemed fine. | 他似乎没事 |
[36:18] | He completed yesterday’s interview without incident. | 他顺利完成了昨天的约谈 |
[36:21] | He and Jim. | 他和吉姆 |
[36:22] | Barney. | 巴尼 |
[36:24] | And today’s guy shouldn’t be a challenge. | 今天的那人应该没什么难度 |
[36:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:41] | – I’m just picking him up. – Of course. | -我就是接他走 -好 |
[36:46] | – Not hungry? – Morning. | -不饿吗 -早 |
[36:50] | I thought spending that many hours | 按说跟一个暴力堕落的罪犯 |
[36:51] | with a violent degenerate might keep me awake. | 待那么长时间该让我夜不能寐 |
[36:53] | – I slept like… – Have you heard of Camille Bell? | -我睡得… -你知道卡蜜尔・贝尔吗 |
[36:55] | Terrible. | 太可怕 |
[36:56] | You know the case? | 你知道那案子 |
[36:58] | Everybody does. | 大家都知道 |
[37:00] | Her story’s been in the paper and on TV. | 她的故事上过报纸和电视 |
[37:01] | The mayor attended her son’s funeral. | 市长也出席了她儿子的葬礼 |
[37:03] | – I had dinner with her last night. – You did what? | -我昨晚跟她吃了晚餐 -什么 |
[37:05] | With her, and Venus Taylor, and Willie Mae Mathis. | 她 还有维纳斯・泰勒 薇莉・梅・马西斯 |
[37:08] | You’re in town overnight, and they manage to find you. | 你只在这里待一晚 她们还是找到了你 |
[37:12] | Every time the phone rings, Atlanta PD is afraid to pick up. | 每次电话响起 亚特兰大警察都不敢接 |
[37:15] | Those women want answers, and no one has any. | 那些女人想要答案 可没人有答案 |
[37:19] | They asked me to review these files on their individual cases. | 她们要我看看她们各自案子的案卷 |
[37:22] | – You agreed? – Well, of course. | -你答应了 -当然 |
[37:24] | There’s a lot here to look into. | 这里有很多可看的东西 |
[37:26] | Slow down a minute before you step in anything | 你慢点 别急着掺和什么 |
[37:29] | and make the front page of the Journal-Constitution. | 结果登上《亚特兰大宪章报》的头版 |
[37:32] | – Again. – Fair enough. | -再一次 -好吧 |
[37:34] | I’ll set up a meeting, get us a broader perspective. | 我去安排会面 获得更全面的视角 |
[37:39] | Things operate differently down here | 这里的情况跟 |
[37:41] | than they do up in Virginia. | 弗吉尼亚州不一样 |
[37:42] | – I’m beginning to see that. – We should jet. | -我开始发现了 -我们走吧 |
[37:50] | Mr. Hance, we’d like to discuss your mental state | 汉斯先生 我们想询问你在犯罪时 |
[37:52] | during and after the crimes. | 和之后的心理状况 |
[37:54] | Let’s start with the letters | 首先说说你寄给 |
[37:55] | you sent to the Columbus Police Chief. | 哥伦布警察局长的信 |
[38:00] | After you killed Gail Jackson, in fact, five weeks after, | 你杀害盖尔・杰克逊五周后 |
[38:04] | you began writing letters claiming to be a vigilante group | 你开始写信 自称属于一个义警团体 |
[38:06] | called the “Forces of Evil.” | “邪恶力量” |
[38:10] | Why would you contact the police? | 你为什么要联系警方 |
[38:12] | ‘Cause they were white. | 因为他们是白人 |
[38:13] | The police? | 警察吗 |
[38:15] | The Forces of Evil. | 邪恶力量 |
[38:16] | But you made them up. | 但那是你编造的 |
[38:18] | I made ’em up to be white. | 我把他们编造成了白人 |
[38:21] | In this first letter, | 在第一封信里 |
[38:22] | you said the abduction of Gail Jackson was revenge | 你说对盖尔・杰克逊的绑架是为 |
[38:25] | for the deaths of seven elderly white women in Columbus | 哥伦布七名被长袜绞杀者杀死的 |
[38:29] | at the hands of the Stocking Strangler. | 年长白人女性复仇 |
[38:32] | And that you would kill Gail if the Strangler wasn’t caught. | 还说如果绞杀者不被抓到 你就杀了盖尔 |
[38:37] | That is a very… complicated story. | 那是个很…复杂的故事 |
[38:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:45] | How did you think it would help you, contacting the police? | 你觉得联系警方对你会有什么帮助 |
[38:48] | Because everybody was scared of the Stocking Strangler. | 因为大家都很怕长袜绞杀者 |
[38:53] | And they was looking for a black man for that. | 他们为此在找黑人凶手 |
[38:56] | But… you didn’t have anything to do with those murders. | 但你跟那些凶案又没关系 |
[38:59] | No, sir. | 是 长官 |
[39:01] | So now they be looking for those white men. | 所以他们这下要找白人了 |
[39:03] | The Forces of Evil. | 邪恶力量 |
[39:05] | For kidnapping Gail Jackson. | 为盖尔・杰克逊的绑架案 |
[39:07] | I see. | 懂了 |
[39:09] | But when you first sent this letter, | 但你最初寄信时 |
[39:11] | the police didn’t know Gail Jackson was missing. | 警方还不知道盖尔・杰克逊失踪了 |
[39:13] | In fact, | 事实上 |
[39:15] | they didn’t even know Gail Jackson existed. | 他们都不知道盖尔・杰克逊这人 |
[39:19] | That’s why I had to tell them. | 所以我得告诉他们 |
[39:22] | You also told them where to find the body once she was killed. | 你还说了等她被杀后 他们该去哪找尸体 |
[39:27] | They can’t be after those white men | 如果没有尸体 没人被杀 |
[39:28] | if they don’t have no body for no killing. | 他们就不会去找那些白人 |
[39:32] | So, I told them where to find her. | 所以我就告诉了他们去哪找她 |
[39:33] | But initially, you were pretending she was just kidnapped, | 但你最初只是假装她被绑架了 |
[39:36] | not dead. | 没死 |
[39:37] | ‘Cause that’s how I was gonna get the ransom. | 这样我才能拿到赎金 |
[39:40] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:42] | The second letter. | 第二封信 |
[39:44] | So even though you know Gail Jackson’s dead, | 尽管你知道盖尔・杰克逊已死 |
[39:47] | a woman the police aren’t looking for, | 一个警察根本没在找的女人 |
[39:49] | you demand $10,000 for her return. | 你还是要求一万元赎金 |
[39:53] | Because they still think she kidnapped. | 因为他们还以为她被绑架了 |
[39:56] | So they gotta give me the money. | 所以他们得给我钱 |
[39:58] | You’d already told them where to find the body. | 你都告诉他们去哪找尸体了 |
[40:01] | They didn’t think there was a body yet. | 他们以为那时还没尸体呢 |
[40:03] | They think she still alive. | 他们以为她还活着呢 |
[40:06] | And what prompted you, several days after the letters, | 寄信几日后 是什么促使你 |
[40:09] | to make a phone call to the police | 给警察打电话 |
[40:10] | telling them exactly where to find her remains? | 告诉他们具体去哪找她的尸骸 |
[40:15] | ‘Cause they weren’t finding her. | 因为他们没去找她 |
[40:19] | How am I gonna throw ’em off my trail | 我要想混淆他们的视听 |
[40:21] | if they ain’t goin’ after those white men for her murder? | 就需要他们去追查那些杀她的白人 |
[40:24] | The Forces of Evil. | 邪恶力量 |
[40:27] | I see. | 懂了 |
[40:28] | It all comes back around. | 都圆回来了 |
[40:30] | Like a doughnut. | 就像甜甜圈 |
[40:33] | Just like a doughnut. | 就像个甜甜圈 |
[40:35] | And then when you killed Irene Thirkield? | 后来你杀艾琳・瑟齐奥时呢 |
[40:38] | Had to write another letter. | 又得写封信 |
[40:42] | Now, these letters | 这些信 |
[40:42] | are all written on Army stationery from your base. | 都是用你基地的军用信纸写的 |
[40:47] | Did you do that deliberately? | 你是有意那么做的吗 |
[40:48] | Yes… | 是的 |
[40:50] | because it was the easiest thing I could find. | 因为那是我最好找到的东西 |
[40:54] | Were you at all worried the police | 你就不担心警方 |
[40:56] | might trace this stationery back to you? | 会靠信纸追查到你吗 |
[40:59] | No, because I told them not to worry about it. | 不 因为我叫他们别考虑这事了 |
[41:04] | Throw ’em off my trail. | 混淆了他们的视听 |
[41:05] | I see that. At the bottom. | 是啊 最下面写了 |
[41:08] | “Don’t put any stock in this stationery from the base. | “别琢磨这军事基地的信纸 |
[41:11] | Anybody could get their hands on it.” | 要拿到很容易” |
[41:14] | Thank you, Mr. Hance. | 谢谢 汉斯先生 |
[41:16] | You certainly helped me clarify. | 你帮我澄清了问题 |
[41:18] | I wrote two more letters. And I made another phone call. | 我还写了两封信 还打了两次电话 |
[41:21] | You certainly did. | 是啊 |
[41:22] | Wanna talk about them letters? | 想谈谈那些信吗 |
[41:25] | Well, I think we’ve got what we need. | 我们需要的都拿到了 |
[41:27] | Mr. Hance, you met Karen Hickman, Gail Jackson, | 汉斯先生 你是在本地酒吧认识了凯伦・希克曼 |
[41:30] | and Irene Thirkield at local bars? | 盖尔・杰克逊和艾琳・瑟齐奥吗 |
[41:33] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[41:34] | They always at the bars. | 她们总去酒吧 |
[41:36] | So you’d seen these women before. | 你之前见过这些女人 |
[41:38] | We all going to the same bars. | 我们都去那几家酒吧 |
[41:40] | Can’t help but see the same folks. | 肯定会见到同一批人 |
[41:42] | When you went to the bars, | 你去酒吧时 |
[41:42] | were you looking for female companionship? | 是想找女伴吗 |
[41:44] | No, sir. | 不是的 长官 |
[41:47] | I wasn’t looking for nothin’. | 我没想找什么 |
[41:48] | Except have a drink’s all. | 只是想喝杯酒 |
[41:49] | Did you approach or talk to any of these women? | 你是否曾接近或跟这些女人说过话 |
[41:54] | They come over to me. | 她们来找我的 |
[41:56] | A woman comes over to you, she starts talking. | 一个女人来到你面前 跟你说话 |
[41:59] | Maybe Gail. | 或许是盖尔 |
[42:00] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[42:01] | She all friendly. | 她很友善 |
[42:04] | Says we should go somewhere. | 说我们该去别处 |
[42:07] | And did I have $20. | 还问我有没有20美元 |
[42:08] | – And what’d you say? – I looked into my wallet. | -你怎么说 -我看了我的钱包 |
[42:13] | Then I said I did have $20. | 我说我有20美元 |
[42:17] | What were you thinking about when you left the bar? | 你离开酒吧时在想什么 |
[42:19] | Anything in particular? | 想什么特定的东西了吗 |
[42:23] | I didn’t never think about nothing. | 我从不想什么 |
[42:26] | Once you had her in your car, what’d you do? | 她跟你上车后 你做了什么 |
[42:28] | Drove. | 开车 |
[42:30] | Just drove? | 就开车吗 |
[42:33] | Then I stop. | 然后我停车了 |
[42:36] | – And pull her out of the car. – And… | -把她拉下了车 -你… |
[42:39] | was she awake at this point? | 她这时还是清醒的吗 |
[42:41] | Sometimes they making a lot of noise. | 有时她们很吵 |
[42:44] | So I hit ’em. | 我就打她们 |
[42:45] | Make ’em stop. | 让她们停下 |
[42:46] | But you didn’t just hit her. | 但你不仅仅打了她 |
[42:53] | You sure can’t nobody use this? | 真的没人能用这个做证据吗 |
[42:56] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[42:57] | After she stopped making noise… | 她不再出声后… |
[43:01] | I get me the tire iron… from back of the car. | 我从车后拿来撬胎棒 |
[43:07] | I beat her… | 我打她 |
[43:09] | so’s you can’t recognize her. | 这样你就无法辨认她了 |
[43:11] | And you did the same to Irene? | 你也那么对艾琳的吗 |
[43:13] | Beat her too. Her head come off. | 对 她脑袋掉了 |
[43:16] | So’s you can’t tell who it is. | 这样你就无法确认她的身份了 |
[43:18] | Were you aware both Gail and Irene were prostitutes? | 你是否知道盖尔和艾琳都是妓女 |
[43:21] | I don’t know. They just always around. | 我不知道 她们总在 |
[43:24] | Talkin’ to us. | 跟我们说话 |
[43:25] | The first woman, Karen Hickman, | 第一个女人 凯伦・希克曼 |
[43:29] | she was different from them, right? | 她跟她们不同 是吧 |
[43:32] | She was a soldier, a private. | 她是军人 二等兵 |
[43:35] | She just around. | 她就是在那里 |
[43:36] | Around? Like she “got around”? | 在那里 到处走动吗 |
[43:39] | No, just… local. | 不 就是在那里 |
[43:41] | You chose not to use a tire iron with her. | 你没对她用撬胎棒 |
[43:44] | You used your car. | 你用的是车 |
[43:47] | – How many times did you run her over? – Don’t know. | -你碾了她几次 -我不知道 |
[43:52] | Lost count. | 没数过来 |
[43:54] | Was she different from Gail and Irene in any other way? | 她跟盖尔和艾琳还有其他不同吗 |
[43:59] | Karen was white. The other women were black. | 凯伦是白人 其他女人都是黑人 |
[44:02] | Suppose so. | 大概吧 |
[44:04] | Didn’t ever notice. | 都没注意 |
[44:06] | Is it possible that the fact that she was white | 她是白人 会不会是 |
[44:08] | was… a reason you picked her? | 你选她的原因 |
[44:13] | Never seen her as that. | 没那么想过她 |
[44:16] | She just a grunt like the rest of us. | 她跟我们一样就是个普通人 |
[44:31] | He’s retired? | 他退休了 |
[44:33] | Semi. | 半退休 |
[44:34] | GBI brings him back | 佐治亚州调查局每次 |
[44:35] | when they want to keep something out the mainstream. | 想低调处理什么事 就会叫他出山 |
[44:37] | And Garland hears everything, | 加兰耳听八方 |
[44:39] | but it’s best to catch him before sundown. | 但最好赶在日落前找到他 |
[44:48] | I didn’t know the FBI was interested in all this. | 我不知道联调局还对这些感兴趣 |
[44:52] | We’re not, officially. | 我们明面上不 |
[44:56] | Like I’m not here watching a redneck bar, officially. | 就像我明面上也没在这里盯一家乡巴佬酒吧 |
[45:00] | Agent Ford met last night with Camille Bell. | 福特探员昨晚见了卡蜜尔・贝尔 |
[45:03] | And Venus Taylor and Willie Mae Mathis. | 还有维纳斯・泰勒和薇莉・梅・马西斯 |
[45:06] | It’s where I got this. | 她们给了我这个 |
[45:11] | That Camille Bell is formidable. | 那个卡蜜尔・贝尔真不好惹 |
[45:13] | She… They’ve asked me to review their cases. | 她…她们拜托我看看她们的案子 |
[45:17] | Is anyone examining the obvious similarities here? | 有人在查看这其中的明显相似吗 |
[45:20] | Six children of the same socioeconomic background, | 六个相同社会经济背景的孩子 |
[45:22] | abducted in broad daylight. | 在光天化日下被绑架 |
[45:24] | It’s clearly a homogenous victim pool. | 这显然是同类受害人 |
[45:26] | That’s how the mothers are hoping you’ll look at it. | 那些母亲就希望你这么看 |
[45:29] | You know, by linking these, together, | 把这些案子联系在一起 |
[45:32] | they’ve managed, to their credit, | 不得不承认 她们得以 |
[45:33] | to keep them from becoming cold cases. | 让这些案件没能沦为悬案 |
[45:35] | But, I mean, it’s a stretch to connect these through evidence. | 但要靠证据把它们联系起来很牵强 |
[45:39] | You don’t think it’s unusual | 你不觉得这么多 |
[45:40] | to have this many juvenile murders so close together? | 儿童谋杀案相继发生很不寻常吗 |
[45:44] | We average eight to ten child murders every year. | 每年平均发生八到十起儿童谋杀案 |
[45:47] | Atlanta has the fourth highest murder rate in this country, | 亚特兰大的谋杀率是全国第四高 |
[45:49] | so these kids, sadly… | 所以这些孩子 很遗憾 |
[45:53] | they don’t represent a blip. | 他们并不突出 |
[45:55] | Even if the numbers aren’t out of the norm, | 就算数字不算超常 |
[45:56] | the fact that most are male, of slight build… | 但他们大都是身材消瘦的男性 |
[46:00] | You might have a predator here. | 这里可能出现了杀人狂 |
[46:01] | Look, you got a shooting and a strangulation at one location. | 一个地点发生了枪击和勒毙 |
[46:05] | On good authority, this one’s drug-related. | 十有八九 这是毒品相关的 |
[46:09] | Angel Lenair: the only sexual assault. | 安琪・雷纳尔 唯一的性侵 |
[46:12] | Melton Harvey: | 梅顿・哈维 |
[46:13] | we couldn’t even determine cause of death from his remains. | 我们甚至无法靠他的尸骸推测死因 |
[46:17] | And Yusef Bell… | 尤瑟夫・贝尔 |
[46:19] | strangulation. | 勒毙 |
[46:21] | Sweet kid too. I mean, it just… It breaks your heart, but… | 是个好孩子 让你心碎 但是 |
[46:24] | To be honest, I don’t see a link in these cases. | 但老实说 我不觉得这些案子有关联 |
[46:27] | We’re finding MO isn’t always consistent with serial killers, | 我们发现连环杀手的作案手法未必总是一致的 |
[46:30] | and we have to look at victim type as a marker. | 我们也得把受害人特征视为一个迹象 |
[46:33] | This city is full of potential victims that fit your pool. | 这个城市里符合这特征的潜在受害人很多 |
[46:37] | I mean, easy pickings. | 很好找 |
[46:38] | Look, if you’re lookin’ for a monster, it’s poverty. | 如果你想找个怪物 那是贫穷 |
[46:43] | These kids are growing up vulnerable, | 这些孩子生长在危险的环境里 |
[46:45] | scrounging for pennies in high-risk situations, | 在高危情境下讨钱 |
[46:49] | surrounded by violence, sometimes in their own homes. | 周围都是暴力 有时他们自己家里也有暴力 |
[46:53] | Family Services already had files on some of these. | 家庭服务部甚至有其中几人的档案 |
[46:57] | And they reopened every single one of them to investigate. | 还为调查重开过每一件案子 |
[47:02] | Maybe the mothers just want to know | 或许那些母亲只是想知道 |
[47:04] | their children aren’t being ignored. | 她们的孩子没有被忽略 |
[47:07] | They’ve had almost no communication from police. | 警方几乎没怎么跟她们联系 |
[47:10] | Every single one of those cases is still active. | 那些案子都还是在查案 |
[47:14] | And there’s a historic distrust | 而黑人社区 |
[47:17] | between the black community and the police, | 和警察之间有历史性的不信任 |
[47:19] | and rightly so. | 这也难怪 |
[47:22] | The politics are complicated. | 政治问题很复杂 |
[47:24] | Barn… | 巴尼 |
[47:25] | Some people are feeling left behind in the “New South.” | 有些人觉得在”新南方”受了冷落 |
[47:29] | We’re the first large Southern city to elect a black mayor. | 我们是首个选出了黑人市长的大南方城市 |
[47:32] | That’s progress. | 这是进步 |
[47:33] | And he’s trying to build the world’s largest airport | 而他又想建造世界上最大的机场 |
[47:36] | to attract business dollars, | 好吸引商机 |
[47:38] | but white flight’s taking the tax base | 但白人航班把他所需的 |
[47:41] | he needs to do it to the suburbs. | 纳税人带去了郊区 |
[47:43] | How does that translate to neglecting children’s homicides? | 这怎么跟忽略儿童谋杀案联系上的 |
[47:48] | They’re trying to keep the noise down. | 他们想把负面消息压下来 |
[47:51] | High murder rate, even the whisper of a predator: | 高谋杀率 有杀人狂的风言风语 |
[47:55] | that shit scares dollars away. | 那会吓跑美元 |
[47:58] | We’ve got movement, gentlemen. | 有动静 先生们 |
[48:00] | A male, about six feet, black baseball cap. | 一名男子 大概一米八 黑棒球帽 |
[48:02] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[48:03] | – He’s walking into the bar. – Well, best get back at it. | -他正走进酒吧 -我得继续了 |
[48:03] | 营业到凌晨2点 | |
[48:06] | These yahoos tend to get a little active around sundown. | 这些混蛋日落时都活跃起来了 |
[48:09] | You still watching them? | 你还在监视呢 |
[48:11] | I’m always watching them. | 我总在监视着 |
[48:13] | Mob? | 黑帮吗 |
[48:14] | Buncha good ole boys come in, pay their dues, | 一群老伙计进来 付钱 |
[48:17] | darn their sheets. | 缝缝补补 |
[48:18] | Thank you, Garland. Appreciate it. | 谢谢 加兰 多谢了 |
[48:22] | Agent Ford, you might have something here. | 福特探员 你可能有发现 |
[48:25] | I… I can’t tell at this stage. | 我现在还不好判断 |
[48:27] | But… the truth is, | 但老实说 |
[48:29] | and we all hate to admit this, | 我们都不愿承认 |
[48:32] | but to find connections, | 但要找到联系 |
[48:35] | unfortunately… | 很不幸 |
[48:37] | we have to wait for more bodies. | 我们得等更多尸体出现 |
[48:48] | Agent Ford. | 福特探员 |
[48:49] | I got your message. You had a meeting this afternoon? | 我收到你的留言了 你今天下午有会 |
[48:52] | – Yes. – Well, I waived the late checkout fee. | -是的 -我会取消晚退房费 |
[48:55] | – How’d it go? – It went well. | -怎么样 -很顺利 |
[48:57] | I met with the senior GBI agent. | 我见了位高级佐治亚州调查局探员 |
[48:59] | He’s spoken with the lead investigators | 他跟贝尔和雷尼尔案的 |
[49:00] | on the Bell and Lenear cases. | 负责调查员谈过 |
[49:02] | Lenair. | 是雷纳尔 |
[49:04] | We’ve agreed to stay in touch. | 我们说好保持联系了 |
[49:06] | And he’s assured me that they’re already following up | 他已向我保证 他们已经在跟进 |
[49:09] | with Child and Family Services. | 儿童家庭服务部的调查了 |
[49:13] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[49:15] | Tanya, I’m not saying that I agree 100 percent | 坦娅 我并不是百分百赞成 |
[49:18] | with how APD is handling this. | 亚特兰大警方的处理方式 |
[49:20] | Though, from what I can see, | 但在我看来 |
[49:21] | they are working diligently to solve… | 他们在很努力地查… |
[49:22] | Following up with DCFS? | 跟进儿童家庭服务部 |
[49:25] | It’s always the same. Neglect, abuse. | 结果总是一样 忽略 虐待 |
[49:27] | The family’s to blame. | 怪家人 |
[49:29] | Look, on average, | 平均来说 |
[49:30] | there are ten child murders in Atlanta per year. | 亚特兰大每年有十名孩子被杀 |
[49:33] | Now, that’s awful. But from where it stands, | 这很可怕 但这样看来 |
[49:36] | these numbers alone don’t represent a statistical anomaly. | 单是这个数字 不足以代表统计学异常 |
[49:38] | Those numbers have names, Agent Ford. | 那些数字是有名字的 福特探员 |
[49:46] | You’re all checked out. If there’s nothing else. | 你已退房了 如果没别的事 我去忙了 |
[50:01] | Karen was white. The other women were black. | 凯伦是白人 其他女人都是黑人 |
[50:04] | Suppose so. | 大概吧 |
[50:06] | Didn’t ever notice. | 都没注意 |
[50:07] | Is it possible that the fact that she was white | 她是白人 会不会是 |
[50:10] | was… a reason you picked her? | 你选她的原因 |
[50:13] | Never seen her as that. | 没那么想过她 |
[50:15] | She just a grunt like the rest… | 她跟我们一样就是个普… |
[50:17] | Waste of time. | 浪费时间 |
[50:18] | Well, it’s fairly obvious | 你显然在 |
[50:19] | that you lost interest during both interviews. | 两次约谈期间就丧失了兴趣 |
[50:22] | If Jim Barney wasn’t there, | 要不是吉姆・巴尼在 |
[50:23] | it would’ve been a complete waste of time. | 那才真完全是浪费时间 |
[50:24] | From now on, we have to interview subjects | 从今后 我们得约谈那些 |
[50:26] | who can, at the very least, tie their own footwear. | 至少能自己系鞋带的对象 |
[50:28] | There’s no point in preparing questions | 如果你都不提问 |
[50:29] | if you don’t bother to ask them. | 又何必准备问题 |
[50:30] | Pierce might speak seven languages, | 皮尔斯或许会七种语言 |
[50:32] | but English was barely one of them. | 但英语都说不好 |
[50:34] | What did we learn? | 我们了解到了什么 |
[50:35] | If either of them had one thought about what they were doing, | 如果他们真在杀人之前或期间 |
[50:37] | before or during the murders, | 有什么想法 |
[50:39] | they didn’t have the wherewithal to articulate it. | 他们也没有能力表达出来 |
[50:40] | I agree they hardly planned ahead. | 我同意他们没怎么做过打算 |
[50:42] | But Pierce and Hance both exhibit elements of self-aware behavior | 但皮尔斯和汉斯都在凶杀后表现出了 |
[50:45] | – following the murders. – How does that help us? | -自觉行为的元素 -这有什么用 |
[50:47] | We want to categorize their behavior before or during. | 我们想分类他们之前或期间的行为 |
[50:50] | We also need to look at post-crime behaviors. | 我们还需要研究事后行为 |
[50:53] | You know, elaborate, albeit unsuccessful, cover-ups. | 精心 虽然不成功的掩盖 |
[50:55] | Diversion of law enforcement with absurdly complex stories. | 用复杂到荒谬的故事来分散警方注意 |
[50:59] | Grandiose self-characterizations of intelligence. | 夸大自身的智力程度 |
[51:02] | You’re saying we’ve been too rigid in our thinking? | 你是说 我们的思维太僵硬了 |
[51:04] | – Maybe. – Change the classifications, | -或许吧 -改变分类 |
[51:06] | or do we need new ones? | 还是要建立新分类 |
[51:07] | Post-crime? Organized/disorganized? | 犯罪后 有组织 无组织 |
[51:09] | Can’t we just find more articulate subjects? | 我们不能就找更会说话的对象吗 |
[51:11] | Pierce, he’s interesting. | 皮尔斯 他很有趣 |
[51:12] | You were not there. And you are far too kind. | 你当时不在 而且你心太宽了 |
[51:14] | He killed impulsively: the shopkeeper, gas station attendant. | 他冲动杀人 店主 加油站服务员 |
[51:17] | He killed compulsively too. | 他也强迫性杀人 |
[51:19] | Three of his victims tied up and raped, murdered. | 他的三位被害人被绑起来 强奸 杀害 |
[51:21] | BTK-like. | 类似BTK |
[51:22] | And Hance, he’s interesting. | 汉斯 他也很有趣 |
[51:24] | Though he claims he didn’t notice, he killed outside his race, | 虽然他说没注意 但他杀了非自己种族的人 |
[51:26] | which we know is highly unusual. | 我们知道这很不寻常 |
[51:28] | We should spend more time on that. | 我们应该多花时间研究这个 |
[51:30] | We may have been too certain of our thinking | 我们对种族分组的想法可能 |
[51:31] | about racial grouping. | 太过自信了 |
[51:32] | I’m not sure about the racial component. | 种族成分我觉得不太靠谱 |
[51:34] | Really, Gregg? | 是吗 格雷格 |
[51:35] | What part of Karen Hickman being white | 凯伦・希克曼是白人 |
[51:37] | and William Henry Hance being black are you unsure of? | 威廉・亨利・汉斯是黑人 你哪里觉得不靠谱 |
[51:39] | Obviously, I agree with you there. | 我当然同意你这个意见 |
[51:41] | I was looking at it from the essentialist perspective. | 我是在从本质主义角度看 |
[51:44] | From the “essentialist perspective.” | “本质主义角度” |
[51:46] | What’s that? | 什么意思 |
[51:48] | Aristotle proposed that all things have a substance or essence | 亚里士多德说 一切事物都有 |
[51:52] | that makes them what they are. | 定义他们的本质 |
[51:53] | Similarly, Plato argued that groups are bound | 柏拉图也类似地提出 本质特征 |
[51:57] | by an essential characteristic. | 定义了组群 |
[51:59] | And what are the essential characteristics | 那让汉斯和希克曼被划分到 |
[52:00] | that place Hance and Hickman in the same group? | 同一组群的本质特征是什么 |
[52:04] | Their uniform. | 他们的制服 |
[52:07] | They’re both soldiers. | 他们都是士兵 |
[52:11] | Just a thought. | 就是个想法 |
[52:14] | I have to meet up with Nancy. | 我还得去见南茜 |
[52:16] | – Date night? – Somethin’ like that. | -约会之夜吗 -差不多吧 |
[52:19] | That’s interesting, Gregg. | 这很有趣 格雷格 |
[52:21] | Racial grouping may not always be the dominant factor. | 种族分组未必总是最重要的因素 |
[52:24] | We should look into that. | 我们是该考虑一下 |
[52:25] | Kemper. | 坎伯 |
[52:27] | His victims were all white, except for one, | 他的受害人都是白人 除了一个 |
[52:29] | but the dominant factor was they were all coeds. | 但关键因素是 她们都是女大学生 |
[52:33] | Well, thank goodness Jim Barney stuck with the instrument. | 幸好吉姆・巴尼没放弃谈话 |
[52:47] | Detective Spencer, | 斯宾塞警探 |
[52:48] | I want to thank you for agreeing to come | 我想感谢你答应来 |
[52:50] | to tell us what you can about this terrible tragedy. | 跟我们说说这起可怕的惨剧 |
[52:54] | Please. | 请 |
[52:56] | Thank you, Father Monaghan. | 谢谢 莫纳汉神父 |
[52:58] | Good evening, I’m Art Spencer, | 晚上好 我是阿尔特・斯宾塞 |
[53:00] | Fredericksburg PD. | 弗雷德里克斯堡警局 |
[53:02] | As you know, three days ago, we received a call. | 你们知道 三天前 我们接到报案 |
[53:04] | A young child was reported missing. | 一个小孩被报失踪 |
[53:06] | Less than 24 hours later, | 不到24小时后 |
[53:08] | one of our officers found him in an empty house. | 我们一位警官在一栋空屋内发现了他 |
[53:10] | There were no signs of forced entry. | 并无强行闯入的迹象 |
[53:12] | No one saw or heard a thing. | 没人看到或听到什么 |
[53:16] | The child was deceased. | 孩子已经死亡 |
[53:18] | We canvassed the neighborhood and will continue to do so. | 我们在附近展开了排查 并还会继续进行 |
[53:21] | Our lab technicians completed their sweep of the scene. | 我们的实验室技术人员已完成了现场勘查 |
[53:24] | As of this moment, we have no suspects. | 到目前 我们尚无嫌疑人 |
[53:26] | Excuse me, Detective. Sorry to interrupt, but, | 不好意思 警探 抱歉打断 |
[53:29] | well, we’d like to know… | 我们想知道 |
[53:31] | how did Daniel die? | 丹尼尔怎么死的 |
[53:34] | – Sir? – Dale. Dale Harmon. | -你是 -戴尔 戴尔・哈蒙 |
[53:36] | Mr. Harmon, I’m sure you can appreciate | 哈蒙先生 你肯定能理解 |
[53:38] | the medical examiner has not delivered his findings. | 验尸官尚未给出结论 |
[53:41] | I can’t give any details while we’re still investigating. | 调查期间 我不能透露细节 |
[53:43] | Was Daniel murdered? | 丹尼尔是被谋杀的吗 |
[53:47] | It’s too early to answer that question. | 回答这个问题还尚早 |
[53:49] | There are unsettling rumors | 我们听到令人不安的传言 |
[53:50] | that this was some kind of cult sacrifice or something. | 说这是邪教祭祀 |
[53:53] | We have no reason to believe that… at this moment. | 我们目前没有理由这么想 |
[53:57] | What does “at this moment” mean? | 什么叫”目前” |
[53:59] | That’s not particularly calming to any of us in this room. | 这并不能安抚大家的情绪 |
[54:02] | Let’s not traffic in gossip and speculation. | 我们别散布谣言和猜测 |
[54:05] | Father, I… We… We understand. | 神父 我们理解 |
[54:07] | And I wanna be sensitive to the grieving family. | 我也想体谅悲痛中的一家 |
[54:10] | But hearing anything like cults or ritual sacrifice is… | 但听到邪教 仪式祭祀这种事 |
[54:13] | Is very upsetting. | 让人很不安 |
[54:15] | Most of us here tonight have young children. And they’re scared. | 今晚来的大部分人都有小孩 他们很害怕 |
[54:18] | So we’re asking you to share with us some answers. | 我们想请你跟我们说些情况 |
[54:20] | Our ten-year-old daughter doesn’t want to go to school. | 我们10岁的女儿都不想上学了 |
[54:22] | She’s afraid to even play in our backyard. | 她都不敢在后院里玩 |
[54:24] | I can assure you, as soon as we are certain of the answers, | 我向你们保证 我们一旦有确定答案 |
[54:27] | we will provide them. | 就会告诉大家 |
[54:27] | My son told me the other night he’s scared to fall asleep | 我儿子那晚跟我说 他不敢睡觉 |
[54:31] | because… | 因为 |
[54:32] | “I don’t know if I won’t wake up like Daniel.” | “我不知道我会不会像丹尼尔那样醒不来” |
[54:34] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[54:37] | Art, may I? | 阿尔特 可以吗 |
[54:39] | I’m Bill Tench. | 比尔・坦奇 |
[54:40] | I work at the FBI. | 我在联调局工作 |
[54:42] | Some of you may not know me. | 你们有些人可能不认识我 |
[54:44] | I don’t come to Sunday service as often as my wife Nancy. | 我不如我妻子南茜那样经常来参加周日礼拜 |
[54:48] | Two days ago, I visited the crime scene. | 两天前 我去看了犯罪现场 |
[54:50] | I respect everyone’s frustrations, | 我理解大家的沮丧 |
[54:52] | but let me reassure you | 但我向你们保证 |
[54:53] | this has nothing to do with a cult or anything like that. | 此事跟邪教什么的无关 |
[54:57] | Rod, everyone, | 罗德 各位 |
[54:59] | Detective Spencer’s doing everything he can. | 斯宾塞警探已经在尽力了 |
[55:02] | He has my full confidence. | 我完全相信他 |
[55:04] | Please… a little patience. | 请再耐心点 |
[55:06] | But Bill, you have experience with… | 但比尔 你对此有经验… |
[55:12] | Thank you for speaking up. | 谢谢你发言 |
[55:15] | Yes, thank you for that, Agent Tench. | 是的 谢谢你 坦奇探员 |
[55:18] | I’d like us all to take a moment and pray. | 我想请大家一起祈祷 |
[55:21] | For our congregants the Dickinsons… | 为我们的教友迪肯森一家 |
[55:24] | and for the detectives working on this case. | 也为查案的警探们 |
[56:20] | Give me a second. | 马上回来 |
[56:27] | – The usual? – Please. | -老样子吗 -谢谢 |
[56:32] | Pretty soon, I’m gonna have to start calling you a regular. | 很快 我就要叫你熟客了 |
[56:34] | Last time, I promise. | 最后一次了 真的 |
[56:37] | People will talk. | 大家会说闲话的 |
[56:41] | In my job, I can’t have people talking. | 我做的这行不允许有闲话 |
[56:44] | I was kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[56:49] | So what does one do for fun around here? | 这里人都怎么消遣 |
[56:52] | You have a lot of free time at Quantico? | 匡提科有很多闲暇时间吗 |
[56:55] | Not really, no. | 并没有 |
[56:58] | But if I did, if I did have a night off, | 但如果我有 如果我哪晚放假 |
[57:00] | is there a place? | 有地方可去吗 |
[57:03] | For us? | 我们能去的 |
[57:05] | Are you looking for a tour guide… | 你是想要导游 |
[57:08] | or a date? | 还是女伴 |
[57:13] | A date. | 女伴 |