时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | once upon a time an English journalist came to New York. | 从前有个英国女记者来到纽约 |
[00:57] | Elizabeth was attractive and bright, and right away | 伊丽莎白既美丽又聪明 |
[01:00] | she hooked up with one of the city’s eligible bachelors. | 立刻就钓上 城里的黄金王老五 |
[01:03] | The question remains, is this a company we want to own? | 问题是这家公司值得投资吗? |
[01:06] | Tim was 42. | 提姆四十二岁 |
[01:08] | A well-liked and respected banker, | 是位迷人且颇有声望的银行家 |
[01:10] | who made about two million a year. | 年薪约两百万 |
[01:15] | They met one evening, in typical New York fashion, | 某晚在典型的纽约社交聚会中 他们相识 |
[01:19] | at a gallery opening. | 那是个艺廊的开幕典礼 |
[01:28] | Like it? | 喜欢吗? |
[01:30] | Yes, actually I think it’s quite interesting. What? | 是啊,我觉得挺有趣的 怎么了? |
[01:35] | – I feel like I know you. – oh, doubtful. | -我对你有似曾相识的感觉 -应该不会吧 |
[01:38] | – I just moved here from London. – Really? | -我刚从伦敦搬来 -真的吗? |
[01:41] | That’s my favorite city. | 那是我最爱的城市 |
[01:44] | – It is? – Absolutely. | -是吗? -真的 |
[01:46] | It was love at first sight. | 他们一见钟情 |
[01:49] | You know, I think perhaps I have met you somewhere before. | 或许我们真的曾经见过 |
[01:58] | For two weeks they snuggled… | 两星期来他们浓情蜜意 |
[02:03] | went to romantic restaurants… | 共度浪漫的晚餐 |
[02:08] | had wonderful sex… | 享受鱼水之欢 |
[02:11] | and shared the most intimate secrets. | 分享彼此最不为人知的小秘密 |
[02:16] | one day, he took her to a house he saw in the New York Times. | 某天他带她去看 纽约时报广告里的房子 |
[02:21] | How about if we start at the top? There are four bedrooms upstairs. | 我们何不从楼上看起? 楼上有四间卧房 |
[02:26] | – Do you have any children? – Not yet. | -你们有孩子吗? -还没有 |
[02:30] | That day Tim popped the question. | 那天提姆提出一个问题 |
[02:33] | Would you like to meet my folks Tuesday night? | 星期二晚上 你愿意跟我父母见个面吗 |
[02:35] | I’d love to. | 我很乐意 |
[02:38] | on Tuesday he called with some bad news. | 星期二他打电话 通知她一些坏消息 |
[02:41] | – My mother’s not feeling very well. – oh, gosh, I’m sorry. | -我妈不太舒服 -真的是太糟糕了 |
[02:45] | – Can we take a rain check? – of course. | -改天再说吧 -没问题 |
[02:48] | Tell your mum I hope she feels better. | 帮我向你妈妈问好 |
[02:51] | When she hadn’t heard from him for two weeks, she called. | 两个星期来他音讯全无 她忍不住地打了电话 |
[02:54] | Tim, it’s Elizabeth. That’s an awfully long rain check. | 提姆,我是伊丽莎白 你未免让我等太久了吧 |
[02:58] | He said he was up to his ears and that he’d call the next day. | 他说她是插播 他明天会打电话给她 |
[03:03] | He never did call… Bastard. | 他再也没打来,大混蛋 |
[03:06] | – She told me one day over coffee. – I don’t understand. | -某天在喝咖啡时她向我倾诉 -我不明白 |
[03:09] | In England, looking at houses together would have meant something. | 在英国两个人一起看房子 就表示他们要结婚了 |
[03:13] | I realized no one had told her about the end of love in Manhattan. | 我明白没人告诉过她 曼哈顿人如何结束一段恋情 |
[03:20] | Welcome to the ”age of un-innocence”. | 欢迎光临“非纯真年代” |
[03:23] | No one has ”breakfast at Tiffany’s”, and no one has ”affairs to remember”. | 没人会吃“第凡内早餐” 也没人会遵守“金玉盟” |
[03:28] | Instead, we have breakfast at 7:00am | 相反地我们在早上七点吃早餐 |
[03:30] | and affairs we try to forget as quickly as possible. | 试着尽快地忘记誓言 |
[03:35] | Self-protection and closing the deal are paramount. | 自我保护跟完成交易 是最高原则 |
[03:39] | Cupid has flown the co-op. | 爱神也只好同流合污 |
[03:44] | How did we get into this mess? | 为什么会这样呢? |
[03:48] | There are thousands of women like this in the city. | 纽约市数千名女人 有类似的遭遇 |
[03:53] | We all know them and we all agree they’re great. | 我们身边都有这样的人 也同意她们都是好女人 |
[03:56] | They travel, they pay taxes, | 她们四处旅游、纳税 |
[03:59] | they’ll spend $400 on a pair of Manolo Blahnik strappy sandals, | 愿意花四百块买一双 曼诺罗布雷尼克的细带凉鞋 |
[04:04] | and they’re alone. | 她们孤家寡人 |
[04:09] | It’s like the riddle of the Sphinx. | 这就像狮身人面像之谜 |
[04:12] | Why are there so many great unmarried women | 为什么有那么多未婚好女人 |
[04:15] | and no great unmarried men? | 就是没有未婚的好男人? |
[04:18] | I explore these issues in my column and I have terrific sources: my friends. | 我在我的专栏中探讨这些问题 朋友是我超棒的灵感来源 |
[04:23] | When you’re in your 20s, women control the relationships. | 二十几岁时 由女人来主宰你们的交往 |
[04:27] | By the time you’re in your 30s, you’re being devoured by women. | 过了三十岁 女人开始追逐男人 |
[04:32] | Suddenly the guys are holding all the chips. | 突然间男人占尽优势 |
[04:36] | I call it ”the mid-thirties power flip”. | 我称之为 “三十几岁的权力大转移” (彼德曼森,广告公司经理 中毒已深的单身汉) |
[04:44] | It’s all about age and biology. | 这跟年纪及生理状况有关 |
[04:47] | If you want to get married, it’s to have kids, right? | 结婚就得生孩子 |
[04:49] | If you do it with someone older than 35, you have to have kids right away. | 超过三十五岁结婚 就得立刻生孩子 |
[04:53] | And that’s about it. | 就是这么一回事 |
[04:55] | These women should forget about marriage… and have a good time. | 女人该忘了婚姻 好好地放纵一下 (卡波迪杜肯,广告公司经理 中毒已深的单身汉) |
[05:03] | I have a friend who’d always gone out with extremely sexy guys | 我有个朋友 老跟超级性感的男人约会 |
[05:08] | and just had a good time. | 她也玩得很开心 |
[05:10] | one day she woke up and she was 41 . She couldn’t get any more dates. | 有天她醒来发现自己41岁了 没人愿意跟她约会 |
[05:14] | She had a breakdown, couldn’t hold on to her job, | 她精神崩溃,连工作都保不住 |
[05:17] | and moved back to Wisconsin to live with her mother. | 只能搬回威斯康辛跟老妈住 (米兰达霍布斯,别号先生 律师,未婚女性) |
[05:25] | Trust me, this is not a story that makes men feel bad. | 相信我,男人是不会伤心的 |
[05:28] | Most men are threatened by successful women. | 大部分的男人 觉得女强人是一大威胁 |
[05:32] | If you wanna get these guys, | 如果你想抓住这些男人 |
[05:34] | you have to keep your mouth shut and play by the rules. | 就得闭嘴,乖乖地照规矩来 (夏绿蒂约克,艺术经销商 未婚女性) |
[05:41] | I totally believe that love conquers all. | 我完全相信爱能征服一切 |
[05:43] | Sometimes you just have to give it a little space. | 有时你得给它一点空间 |
[05:47] | That’s what’s missing in Manhattan – the space for romance. | 曼哈顿所缺少的 就是浪漫的空间 (史奇普强斯顿,网站设计者 无可救药的浪漫主义分子) |
[05:54] | The problem is expectations – older women won’t accept what’s available. | 问题出在期待 老女人不接受垂手可得的东西 |
[06:01] | By your mid thirties, you think why should I settle? | 到了三十几岁 你会想为什么要安定下来 |
[06:07] | You know? | 你知道的 |
[06:09] | The older we get, the more we keep self-selecting down to a smaller group. | 年纪越大,来往的朋友就越少 |
[06:14] | What women really want is Alec Baidwin. | 女人真正要的是艾力克鲍温 |
[06:18] | There’s not one woman in New York | 在纽约每个女人 |
[06:20] | who hasn’t turned down ten wonderful guys | 至少都拒绝过十个好男人 |
[06:23] | because they were too short, or too fat, or too poor. | 只因为他们太矮、太胖或太穷 |
[06:26] | I’ve been out with short, fat and poor guys. It makes no difference. | 我跟又矮又胖的穷男人约会过 他们都一样 |
[06:31] | They are just as self-centered as the good-looking ones. | 他们跟帅哥一样自私 |
[06:35] | Why don’t these women marry a fat guy? | 为什么这些女人不嫁胖子呢? |
[06:38] | Why don’t they just marry a big fat tub of lard? | 为什么她们不嫁给大肥猪? |
[06:43] | Happy birthday | (祝你生日快乐) |
[06:45] | Dear Miranda | (亲爱的米兰达) |
[06:49] | Happy birthday to you | (祝你生日快乐) |
[06:52] | Another thirty-something birthday with a group of unmarried female friends. | 又是一堆未婚的女友 在一起欢度三十几岁的生日 |
[06:56] | We would all have preferred a celebratory conference call. | 我们都喜欢一起庆祝 |
[06:59] | You were saying? | 你说什么? |
[07:01] | If you’re a successful woman in this city | 如果你是纽约市的女强人 |
[07:03] | you can either struggle to find a relationship | 你不是努力地寻觅天赐良缘 |
[07:07] | or just go out and have sex like a man. | 就是跟男人一样出外打野食 |
[07:11] | – You mean with dildos? – No. I mean without feeling. | -你是说用情趣用品来自慰? -不,我是说纯上床 |
[07:16] | Samantha was a New York inspiration, a public relations executive. | 莎曼珊是纽约的奇女子 她是名公关 |
[07:20] | She routinely slept with good-looking guys in their 20s. | 她常跟二十几岁的帅哥上床 |
[07:24] | You know that guy that I was dating? What was his name? | 记得跟我约会的那个男人吗? 他叫什么名字来着? |
[07:27] | – Drew. – The sex god. | -德鲁 -那个性感男神 |
[07:29] | Afterwards, I felt nothing. It was like, ”Gotta go, catch you later.” | 完事后我毫无感觉 那就像是“走了,待会儿见” |
[07:33] | And I completely forgot about him after that. | 之后我根本就把他忘了 |
[07:37] | That’s because he didn’t call you. | 不是因为他没打电话给你吗? |
[07:39] | Sweetheart, it’s the first time in the history of Manhattan | 甜心,这是曼哈顿史上第一次 |
[07:42] | that women have had as much power as men, | 女人的权力跟男人一样大 |
[07:45] | plus the equal luxury of treating men like sex objects. | 她们也相当富裕 能把男人当性玩物 |
[07:48] | Yeah, except men in this city don’t want to be in a relationship with you, | 对,但纽约男人不想跟你交往 |
[07:53] | but if you only want them for sex they don’t like it. | 因为你要的只是性 他们不喜欢这样 |
[07:56] | – Suddenly they can’t perform. – That’s when you dump them. | -突然间他们落居下风 -当你抛弃他们的时候 |
[08:00] | Come on, ladies, are we really that cynical? | 少来了 我们有那么玩世不恭吗? |
[08:02] | – What about romance? – Who needs it? | -浪漫呢? -谁需要浪漫? |
[08:05] | It’s like that guy, Jeremiah, the poet. | 就像那个名叫杰瑞米的诗人 |
[08:08] | The sex was incredible, but then he wanted to read me his poetry | 我们在床上水乳交融 之后他想念他的诗给我听 |
[08:13] | and go out to dinner and chat, and I’m like, ”Let’s not even go there.” | 我们出去用餐聊天 我摆出老大不情愿的样子 |
[08:17] | What are you saying? Are you saying you’re just gonna give up on love? | 你在说什么? |
[08:20] | – That’s sick! – Look, if the right guy comes along, | 你要放弃爱?大变态 |
[08:23] | this whole thing’s right out the window. | 听着,如果真命天子真的出现 这一切都是不成立的 |
[08:26] | – That’s right! – The right guy is an illusion. | -没错 |
[08:29] | Start living your life! | -真命天子是不存在的 好好去过你们的生活 |
[08:31] | So you think it’s possible | 你觉得 |
[08:33] | to pull off this whole women having sex like men thing. | 女人可以跟男人一样只要性 |
[08:38] | – You’re forgetting The Last Seduction. – You’re obsessed with that movie. | -你忘了“最后的诱惑” -你太迷信那部电影了 |
[08:41] | ok! Linda Fiorentino fucking that guy up against the chain-Iink fence. | 琳达佛伦提诺 靠着铁栏杆跟男人乱搞 |
[08:47] | And never having one of those ”God, what have I done?” epiphanies. | 她从没想过 “天啊,我做了什么?” |
[08:50] | I hated that movie. | 我讨厌那部电影 |
[08:54] | Was it true? Were women in New York giving up on love | 那是真的吗? |
[08:58] | and throttling up on power? | 纽约女人会放弃爱 热衷于追逐权力? |
[09:01] | What a tempting thought. | 真的是太棒了 |
[09:06] | I think the only place where one can still find love and romance in New York | 我认为纽约 唯一还能找到爱跟浪漫的地方 |
[09:12] | is the gay community. | 就是男同性恋圈 |
[09:14] | Straight love has become closeted. | 异性恋反而成了异端 |
[09:17] | Stanford Blatch was a close friend. | 史丹佛巴勒奇是我的密友 |
[09:19] | He owned a talent agency who was down to a single client. | 他开了一家 只有一个客户的经纪公司 |
[09:24] | Are you telling me that you’re in love? | 你是在告诉我你恋爱了吗? |
[09:27] | How could I possibly sustain a relationship? | 我哪有办法跟别人交往? |
[09:31] | Derek takes up like 1000% of my time. | 德瑞克占走了我所有的时间 |
[09:34] | Don’t you think that’s a bit obsessive? | 你不觉得那算是迷恋吗? |
[09:36] | Carrie, I’m a passionate person. His career is all I care about. | 凯莉,我是个热情的人 我唯一关心的是他的工作 |
[09:40] | When that’s under control, then I can concentrate on my personal life. | 在控制住这一点后 我才能专心在私人生活上 |
[09:43] | – Stanford, he’s an underwear model. – With a billboard in Times Square! | -史丹佛,他是内衣模特儿 -在时代广场上有他的看板 |
[09:49] | oh, my God, don’t turn around. The loathe of your life is at the bar. | 天啊,别转头 你最讨厌的人就在吧台那边 |
[09:55] | It was Kurt Harrington. | 他是柯特哈林顿 |
[09:57] | A mistake I made when I was 26… | 我在26岁时犯下的错误 |
[10:01] | and 29… | 在29岁,31岁时,一错再错 |
[10:03] | and 31 . | |
[10:04] | Carrie, don’t even go there. | 凯莉,别过去 |
[10:07] | What do you think, I’m a masochist? The man is scum. | 你觉得我是受虐狂吗? 那家伙是个无赖 |
[10:10] | Good. I don’t have the patience to comfort you a fourth time. | 很好 我没有耐心安慰你第四次 |
[10:14] | – Relax. I don’t have any feelings left. – Thank God. | -别紧张,我对他没感觉了 |
[10:20] | Excuse me, I have to visit the ladies’ room. | -谢天谢地 对不起,我得去一下洗手间 |
[10:24] | It was true, I no longer felt a thing for Kurt. | 真的,我不再对柯特有感觉 |
[10:28] | After all these years, I finally saw him for what he was – | 过了这么多年 我终于了解他的真面目 |
[10:32] | a self-centered withholding creep, | 他是个自私退缩的怪胎 |
[10:34] | who was still the best sex I ever had in my life. | 也是我一生中最棒的性对象 |
[10:37] | However, I did have a little experiment in mind. | 我心里头的确想做个小实验 |
[10:50] | – Wow, what are you doing here? – Hey, babe. | -柯特,你在这里做什么? -你好啊,宝贝 |
[10:54] | – God, you look gorgeous. – Thanks. | -天啊,你美呆了 -谢谢 |
[10:59] | So, how’s life? | 你过得还好吧? |
[11:02] | Not bad, can’t complain. You? | 还不错,没什么好抱怨的 你呢? |
[11:05] | You know just writing the column, the usual. | 我还是在写专栏 |
[11:08] | So, you seeing anyone special? | 你另结新欢了吗? |
[11:11] | Not really. You? | 不算有,你呢? |
[11:14] | oh, just a couple of guys. | 我跟几个男人约过会 |
[11:17] | – But you look good though. – So do you. | -但你看起来气色很好 -你也一样啊 |
[11:24] | So… What are you doing later? | 待会儿你有事吗? |
[11:29] | I thought you weren’t talking to me for the rest of your life? | 我还以为 你这辈子再也不跟我说话了 |
[11:32] | Who said anything about talking? | 那只是嘴上说说 |
[11:37] | What do you say, my place, three o’clock? | 三点到我家见? |
[11:41] | Alright. See you there. | 没问题,到时候见 |
[11:55] | Are you out of your mind? What do you think you’re doing? | 你疯了吗? 你以为自己在做什么? |
[11:58] | Calm down, it’s research. | 冷静下来,这是个实验 |
[12:03] | oh, God! oh, Kurt! | 天啊,柯特 |
[12:05] | Kurt was just like I remembered. | 柯特仍如我记忆中一样 |
[12:08] | Better. | 这次比以前还棒 |
[12:09] | Because there would be none of that messy emotional attachment. | 因为我们不再为感情所困扰 |
[12:23] | Alrighty. | 太棒了 |
[12:25] | My turn. | 轮到我了 |
[12:27] | oh, sorry. I have to go back to work. | 抱歉,我得回去上班了 |
[12:31] | – What are you kidding? You serious? – oh, yeah completely. | -你开什么玩笑?真的吗? -真的 |
[12:35] | But I’ll give you a call. Maybe we can do it again some time? | 我会打电话给你 以后可以再见面吗? |
[12:43] | As I began to get dressed, I realized that I’d done it. | 当我开始穿衣服时 我明白我真的做到 |
[12:48] | I’d just had sex like a man. | 我跟男人一样只要性 |
[12:52] | I left feeling powerful, potent, and incredibly alive. | 我觉得自己充满了力量跟潜能 而且活力充沛 |
[12:56] | I felt like I owned the city – nothing and no one could get in my way. | 我觉得我拥有纽约市 任何事跟任何人都阻挡不了我 |
[13:11] | Number one – he’s very handsome. | 一,他很英俊 |
[13:14] | Number two – he’s not wearing a wedding ring. | 二,他没戴婚戒 |
[13:17] | Number three – he knows I carry a personal supply | 三,他知道我带着个人用品 |
[13:19] | of ultra textured Trojans with the reservoir tip. | 超薄型的保险套 |
[13:22] | – Thanks a lot. – Any time. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[13:42] | Later that night, Skipper Johnston met me for coffee | 那晚稍后 史奇普强斯顿约我喝咖啡 |
[13:45] | and confessed a shocking intimate secret. | 向我坦承一个惊人的私密 |
[13:47] | – Thank you. – Do you know that it has been a year? | -谢谢 -你知道已经过了一年吗? |
[13:53] | Really? I don’t understand that, you’re such a nice guy. | 真的吗?我真是弄不懂 你是个好男人 |
[13:57] | That’s the problem. I’m too nice, you know? | 问题就在这里 我太好了,你知道吗? |
[14:00] | I’m a romantic. I just have so much feeling. | 我是个浪漫的人 我的感情充沛 |
[14:04] | – Are you sure you’re not gay? – No! | -你确定你不是同性恋? -当然不是 |
[14:07] | I’m sensitive and I don’t objectify women. | 我很感性,而且不物化女人 |
[14:11] | You know, most guys when they meet a girl, | 大部分的男人在认识女人时 |
[14:15] | the first thing that they see is… | 第一个看到的东西是… |
[14:18] | – You know. – Pussy? | -你知道的 -“小妹妹”吗? |
[14:20] | oh, God! | 天啊 |
[14:22] | I hate that word. | 我讨厌那个字眼 |
[14:25] | Don’t you have any friends that you can hook me up with? | 你没有朋友可以介绍给我吗? |
[14:28] | – No, they’re too old for you. – I like older women. | -没有,对你来说她们太好了 -我喜欢姐姐型的 |
[14:32] | Maybe. | 或许有吧 |
[14:35] | – Maybe my friend Miranda. – When? | -或许我的朋友米兰达可以 -什么时候? |
[14:38] | Tomorrow night. We’re all going downtown to this club, Chaos. | 明天晚上 我们都会到混乱俱乐部去 |
[14:42] | Great. | 太棒了 |
[14:45] | Don’t tell her I’m nice. | 别告诉她我是好男人 |
[14:48] | Miranda was gonna hate Skipper. | 米兰达一定会讨厌史奇普 |
[14:51] | She’d think he was mocking her with his sweet nature | 她会觉得他的温柔是在嘲笑她 |
[14:54] | and decide he was an asshole. | 认为他是个大混蛋 |
[14:56] | The way she had decided all men were assholes. | 就像她认为男人全是混蛋一样 |
[15:06] | – Hello? – Hey, Carrie, it’s Charlotte. | -哪位? -凯莉,我是夏绿蒂 |
[15:08] | – Hey, sweetie. – I can’t meet you for dinner tomorrow, | -你好 -明晚我没办法跟你吃饭 |
[15:12] | because I have an amazing date. | 因为我要跟一个好男人约会 |
[15:14] | – With who? – Capote Duncan, | -你要跟谁约会? -卡波迪杜肯 |
[15:17] | a big shot in the publishing world. Do you know him? | 他是出版界的名人 你认识他? |
[15:20] | He was one of the city’s most un-gettable bachelors. | 他是城里 最难钓到的单身汉之一 |
[15:23] | Wait, wait. Don’t answer that question, because I don’t care. | 等一下,别回答那个问题 因为我并不在乎 |
[15:28] | And I’m not buying into any of that women having sex like men crap. | 我才不相信 女人能跟男人一样只要性 |
[15:34] | I didn’t tell her about my afternoon of cheap sex and how good it felt. | 我没有告诉她 那天下午我的美好性爱游戏 |
[15:39] | Alright. Listen, have a good time, and promise to tell me everything. | 听着,好好去玩 一定要把所有的细节都告诉我 |
[15:43] | – lf you’re lucky. Bye. – Alright, bye. | -只要你的运气够好,再见 -好了,再见 |
[15:50] | Friday night at Chaos. | 星期五晚上在混乱俱乐部 |
[15:52] | It was just like that bar in Cheers where ”everybody knows your name”. | 酒吧里的每个人都在干杯 装出一副很熟的样子 |
[15:56] | Except here they were likely to forget it five minutes later. | 但五分钟后他们会忘了你是谁 |
[16:02] | Still, it was the crème de la crème of New York, whipped into a frenzy. | 就像是 纽约的甜点大师突然抓狂 |
[16:07] | Sometimes you got a soufflè, sometimes cottage cheese. | 有时你会吃到舒芙雷 有时会吃到软干酪 |
[16:13] | It is like a model bomb exploded in this room tonight. | 今晚俱乐部里挤满了模特儿 |
[16:16] | Is there a woman here aside from me that weighs more than a 100 pounds? | 除了我之外 哪个女人体重超过一百磅? |
[16:20] | I know, it’s like under-eaters anonymous. | 我知道 这像是厌食者的若名治疗课 |
[16:22] | – That’s funny, Skippy. – Skipper. | -真的很好笑,史奇皮 -是史奇普 |
[16:26] | I have this theory that men secretly hate pretty girls | 我认为 男人在心里头是讨厌美女的 |
[16:29] | because they feel that they’re the ones who rejected them in high school. | 因为他们觉得那些美女 就是在中学时拒绝过他们的人 |
[16:32] | But if you’re not in the beauty olympics, | 就算你没参加过选美 |
[16:35] | you can still be a very interesting person. | 你还是能当个风趣的人 |
[16:38] | – Are you saying that I’m not pretty? – No, of course you are. | -你是说我不漂亮? -不,你当然很漂亮 |
[16:42] | So ipso facto, I can’t be interesting? Women fall into one of two categories, | 所以我不是个风趣的人? |
[16:46] | beautiful and boring, or homely and interesting? Is that it, Skippy? | 女人不是木头美女 就是风趣的恐龙妹? |
[16:50] | No, that’s not what I meant. | -是那样吗?史奇普 -我不是那个意思 |
[16:52] | Excuse me, is this your hand on my knee? | 对不起 你把手放在我的膝盖上吗? |
[16:55] | No. | 不是 |
[16:57] | Let’s keep them where I can see them. | 把你的手放在我看得见的地方 |
[16:59] | I guess you must find me beautiful. | 我猜你一定觉得我很漂亮 |
[17:03] | or interesting. | 或是很风趣 |
[17:04] | I was about to rescue Skipper from a hopeless situation, | 我当时打算救史奇普脱离苦海 |
[17:08] | when suddenly… | 突然间… |
[17:10] | – Lucky me, twice in one week. – You may not be getting that lucky. | -一星期遇到你两次算我好运 -这不算是运气好吧 |
[17:16] | – I was pissed off the way you left. – You were? | -我很气你那样子离开 -是吗? |
[17:19] | Yeah. Then I thought how great! | 对,后来我觉得那很棒 |
[17:22] | You finally understand that we can have sex without commitment. | 你终于了解 我们可以只要性,不要承诺 |
[17:27] | Yeah, right. Sure, I guess. | 对,我猜是吧 |
[17:31] | So whenever I feel like it, I’ll give you a call. | 我想要时就会打电话给你 |
[17:34] | Yeah, whenever you feel like it. I mean, if I’m alone, I’m all yours. | 只要你想要而我又一个人 我是你的 |
[17:38] | – Alright. – I like this new you. | -好吧 -我喜欢现在的你 |
[17:42] | – Call me. – Yup. | -打电话给我 |
[17:45] | I didn’t understand, | -好啊 我不了解 |
[17:48] | did men secretly want promiscuous and emotionally detached women? | 男人真的只要性 不想跟女人有情感纠葛吗? |
[17:52] | And if I was really having sex like a man, | 如果我真的能跟男人一样乱搞 |
[17:55] | why didn’t I feel more in control? | 为什么我并不是主宰者? |
[17:57] | You see that guy? He’s the next Donald Trump, | 你看到那家伙了吗? 他是下一个唐纳川普 |
[18:00] | except he’s younger and much better looking. | 但他年纪比较轻 长得也比较帅 |
[18:04] | Hi. | 你好 |
[18:06] | – Do you know him? – No, I’ve never seen him in my life. | -你认识他吗? -不,我从未见过他 |
[18:11] | He usually dates models, but, hey, I’m as good looking as a model, | 他都跟模特儿约会 但我长得跟模特儿一样漂亮 |
[18:14] | plus I own my own business. | 而且我还有自己的事业 |
[18:16] | Samantha had the kind of deluded self-confidence | 莎曼珊是个特别有自信的人 |
[18:19] | that caused men like Ross Perot to run for President. | 那种自信让裴洛想竞选总统 |
[18:22] | And it usually got her what she wanted. | 这样的自信 让她能得到她想要的东西 |
[18:24] | Well, if you’re not gonna hit on him, I will. | 如果你不要的话 我可要发动攻势了 |
[18:28] | And there she went, off to take her best shot with Mr. Big. | 她使出浑身解数勾引大人物 |
[18:34] | Meanwhile, Charlotte York | 同时夏绿蒂约克 |
[18:36] | was passing the most splendid evening with Capote Duncan. | 跟卡波迪杜肯度过美好的一晚 |
[18:39] | Want to go back to my place and see the Ross Bleckner? | 想回我家去看 罗斯雷克纳的画吗? |
[18:42] | – I’d love to, but it’s really getting late. – No problem. | -我很想,但真的很晚了 -没关系 |
[18:48] | What year was it painted again? | 是哪一年的作品? |
[18:52] | ’89. | 八九年 |
[18:53] | Charlotte was playing hard to get, but she didn’t want to end it too abruptly. | 夏绿蒂不想当个随便的女人 但她也不希望突兀地结束约会 |
[18:58] | Well… Maybe just for a minute. | 或许我可以去看一下 |
[19:07] | This could easily go for a hundred grand. Ross is so hot right now. | 这随便都能卖到十万块 罗斯现在很红 |
[19:14] | It’s beautiful. | 好漂亮 |
[19:17] | No, you’re beautiful. | 不,你才漂亮 |
[19:22] | Thank you… | 谢谢 |
[19:24] | for tonight. | 你今晚所做的一切 |
[19:26] | – I had a wonderful time. – Well, it was my pleasure. | -我玩得很开心 -这是我的荣幸 |
[19:45] | I have to get up really early tomorrow. | 我明天真的得早起 |
[19:49] | I’ll get you a cab. | 我帮你叫计程车 |
[19:56] | Charlotte thought she’d played the entire evening flawlessly. | 夏绿蒂认为这是个完美的夜晚 |
[20:06] | So, what are you doing next Saturday? | 下个星期六你要做什么? |
[20:10] | I’m having dinner with you. | 跟你去吃晚餐 |
[20:18] | Hey, hey, you’re going to the West Side, right? | 你要到西区去,对吧? |
[20:22] | Right, West Fourth and Bank please. | 对,麻烦到西四街跟班克街口 |
[20:26] | Scoot over, will you? | 坐过去一点 |
[20:29] | Two stops, | 我们要到两个地方 |
[20:30] | Fourth and Bank and west Broadway and Broome. | 到西四街跟班克街口 和西百老汇大道跟布鲁明街口 |
[20:35] | – You’re going to Chaos? – oh, yeah. | -你要到混乱俱乐部去? -对啊 |
[20:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[20:42] | I understand where you’re coming from and I totally respect it. | 我知道你是个好女孩 也完全尊重这一点 |
[20:46] | But I really need to have sex tonight. | 但我今晚真的很想做爱 |
[20:54] | Back at Chaos, things were swinging into high gear | 在混乱俱乐部好戏才刚开始 |
[20:57] | and Samantha was putting the moves on Mr. Big. | 莎曼珊开始对大人物下手 |
[21:00] | I’ve been smoking cigars for years, when they were terminally uncool. | 我抽了很多年的雪茄 那时抽雪茄还不是那么流行 |
[21:04] | I’ve got a source that sends me Hondurans. Do you want to try one? | 我可以拿到“洪都拉斯人” 要来一根吗? |
[21:08] | – No, thank you. – You can’t find them anywhere. | -我不要,谢谢你 -那可不是随便就能弄到的 |
[21:11] | Cohibas – that’s all I smoke. | 我只抽“柯西巴斯” |
[21:21] | Look, I do the PR for this club | 我帮这家俱乐部做公关 |
[21:25] | and I have a key to the private room downstairs. | 我有楼下包厢的钥匙 |
[21:29] | Really? | -真的吗? |
[21:30] | You want a private tour? | -想来趟私人导览吗? |
[21:36] | No thanks, but maybe another time. | 不要了,谢谢,下次再说吧 |
[21:46] | Meanwhile, Skipper was hopelessly smitten with Miranda Hobbes. | 史奇普拜倒在米兰达的裙下 |
[21:51] | Where are we going now? | 我们现在要去哪里? |
[21:53] | Listen, Skippy, you know, you really are a nice sweet guy, but… | 听着,史奇普 你真的是个好男人,但是… |
[21:59] | oh, I understand. | 我了解 |
[22:01] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[22:10] | Miranda said she thought he was too nice, | 米兰达说她觉得他太好了 |
[22:12] | but she was willing to overlook one flaw. | 但她愿意忽视他这个缺点 |
[22:18] | And Capote Duncan found his fix for the night. | 卡波迪杜肯找到做爱的对象 |
[22:23] | Where is it? I wanna see the Ross Bleckner. | 在哪里? 我要看罗斯雷克纳的画 |
[22:26] | Later. | 待会儿再说 |
[22:28] | Later. | 待会儿再说 |
[22:39] | oh, listen. | 听着 |
[22:42] | I gotta get up really early, so you can’t stay over. | 我真的得早起 所以你不能留下来过夜 |
[22:46] | – Cool? – Sure, I have to get up early, too. | -可以吗? -当然,我也得早起 |
[23:06] | Taxi! Taxi! | 计程车 |
[23:11] | And so another Friday night in Manhattan crept towards dawn. | 曼哈顿星期五之夜又将结束 |
[23:15] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[23:19] | And just when I thought I would have to do the unspeakable – | 当我想到我得很丢脸地 |
[23:23] | walk home… | 走路回家时 |
[23:36] | Well, get in for chrissakes. | 快上车吧 |
[23:48] | – Where can I drop you? – 72nd Street, Third Avenue. | -你要在哪里下车? -七十二街跟第三大道口 |
[23:53] | – You got that, Al? – Yes, sir. | -听到了没有?艾尔 -听到了,老板 |
[23:57] | So what have you been doing lately? | 你最近做了什么? |
[23:59] | You mean besides going out every night? | 你是指 除了每晚出来鬼混之外吗? |
[24:02] | Yeah, I mean what do you do for work? | 我是说你是干哪一行的? |
[24:04] | Well, this is my work. I’m sort of a sexual anthropologist. | 这就是我的工作 我可以算是性学专家 |
[24:10] | You mean like a hooker? | 你是妓女? |
[24:13] | No. I write a column called Sex And The City. | 不 我是“欲望城市”专栏作家 |
[24:17] | I’m researching an article about women who have sex like men. | 我在研究关于女人 能跟男人一样只要性的题材 |
[24:22] | They have sex and afterwards they feel nothing. | 她们能在做爱后 没有丝毫的感觉 |
[24:26] | – But you’re not like that. – Well, aren’t you? | -但你不是那种人 -你不是吗? |
[24:30] | Not a drop. Not even half a drop. | 完全不是 |
[24:34] | Wow. What’s wrong with you? | 你是怎么了? |
[24:40] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[24:42] | You’ve never been in love. | 你从没爱过 |
[24:46] | oh, yeah? | 是吗? |
[24:48] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[24:51] | Suddenly I felt the wind knocked out of me. | 突然间我觉得一阵晕眩 |
[24:54] | I wanted to crawl under the covers and go right to sleep. | 我想爬进被窝里立刻进入梦乡 |
[25:07] | – Thanks for the ride. – Any time. | -谢谢你让我搭便车 -别客气 |
[25:13] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[25:20] | Have you ever been in love? | 你爱过吗? |
[25:23] | Abso-fucking-Iutely. | 我当然爱过 |