时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | My friend Miranda was dating Thomas Anderson, | 米兰达现正和汤马斯安德森 打得火热 |
[00:50] | an up-and-coming New York playwright. | 他是位前途看好的剧作家 |
[00:53] | oh, God! | 天啊 |
[01:00] | That was wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[01:02] | Things were great, except for one thing. | 她们进展得很顺利 只有一个问题… |
[01:05] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[01:08] | Immediately after sex, | 汤马斯只要一做爱完 |
[01:11] | he’d hop out of bed and shower. | 就马上跳下床冲澡 |
[01:25] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[01:27] | Night after night, it was the same. | 每天晚上情况都一样 |
[01:36] | – I’ll be right… – Yeah. | -我马上… -好 |
[01:38] | She decided to confront him as soon as he dried off. | 米兰达决定等他擦干后 和他摊牌 |
[01:46] | So what’s with the showers? | 冲澡是怎么回事? |
[01:50] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[01:52] | You always shower after we’re done. I’m starting to feel like it’s me. | 每次完事后你就去冲澡 我开始觉得好像是我的问题 |
[01:57] | oh, no, it’s not you. It’s just… | 不是你,只是… |
[02:01] | – What? – Just a habit I have. | -说啊 -是一种习惯 |
[02:03] | Growing up, the nuns said sex was a sin, | 发育期时 修女说做爱是项罪恶 |
[02:07] | so I got into the habit of taking a shower after it. | 所以我就养成冲澡的习惯 |
[02:13] | oh, the nuns. | 修女 |
[02:14] | Miranda suddenly realized she was dating ”Catholic guy”. | 米兰达突然恍然大悟 原来她的约会对象是天主教徒 |
[02:18] | So you think the water serves as a retro baptism kind of thing? | -你觉得是某种洗礼仪式? -谁知道 |
[02:23] | If I’d known he was Catholic, I wouldn’t have gone out with him. | 如果早知道他是天主教徒 就不会和他出去 |
[02:26] | They should wear a sign. | 他们应该挂个牌子 |
[02:28] | Single people in New York rarely ask about their dates’ religious background. | 纽约的单身男女 很少会问及对方的宗教信仰 |
[02:32] | For the same reason, they don’t ask the number of former partners | 就像他们不会问对方性伴侣数量 |
[02:35] | – too scary. | 怕受到惊吓 |
[02:37] | He’s a rational, logical guy, in every respect but this. | 他是个理性,条理分明的男人 除了这个缺点 |
[02:41] | Clean, you forgot clean. He’s a clean guy. | 你忘了洁癖,他有洁癖 |
[02:44] | Leave it to me to find the only religious guy still left in Manhattan. | 我居然找到全曼哈顿 唯一有宗教信仰的男人 |
[02:48] | New York is filled with places to worship, but it recently dawned on me | 纽约是个充满信仰崇拜的城市 但这点我最近才注意到 |
[02:52] | the only time I ever heard of anyone going into one was for a singles mixer. | 而我唯一知道的教徒 居然是个单身调酒师? |
[02:58] | Are relationships the religion of the ’90s? | 难道男女关系 已成了九十年代的宗教信仰? |
[03:02] | Raised in the church of ”be nice and don’t talk with your mouth full”, | 教会总是劝人内心和善 别道人是非 |
[03:06] | I decided to check out more traditional religious types in their natural habitat. | 于是我决定到各教区 去深入研究宗教信仰 |
[03:10] | As I watched people leaving church, I was amazed at how they looked. | 当我看他们走出教堂时 时髦入时的穿着真令人讶异 |
[03:14] | Valentino, Escada, oscar de la Renta. | 范伦铁诺,艾斯卡达,奥斯卡 |
[03:18] | What is it about God and fashion that go so well together? | 上帝信仰与时尚流行 居然能相互应合? |
[03:21] | And suddenly, there he was wearing Armani on Sunday… | 突然间我看到穿着亚曼尼的… |
[03:26] | Mr Big. | 大人物 |
[03:28] | It was a shock. | 着实吓了我一跳 |
[03:30] | Until that moment I thought he only believed in the Yankees. | 我居然以为他唯一的信仰 就是崇拜洋基队 |
[03:41] | – Hello there churchgoer. – Hey… | -你好,上教堂的男士 -凯莉 |
[03:45] | – What are you doing here? – Research. | -你怎么在这里? -做研究 |
[03:48] | I’m doing a column on closet Presbyterians. You know any? | 有关深居简出的长老会教徒 你有认识的人? |
[03:52] | Actually I’m an atheist, but don’t tell the minister. | 事实上我是个无神论者 但千万别告诉牧师 |
[03:56] | – Who’s the mystery woman? – My mother. | -那位神秘的女士是谁? -我母亲 |
[04:01] | – I take her to church every Sunday. – Really? | -我每星期天和她一起上教堂 -真的? |
[04:06] | I’m so loving that. How come you never told me? | 我真高兴,你怎么没告诉我? |
[04:09] | Well, you write every Sunday, so… | 你星期天要写作,所以… |
[04:12] | So every Sunday… Church. | 所以星期天就…上教堂 |
[04:16] | Right. | 对 |
[04:21] | I’ve got 20 minutes before my game. Why don’t we have a coffee? | 离球赛开场还有20分钟 我们去喝杯咖啡吧? |
[04:24] | I can’t. I’m on deadline and this cappuccino just kicked in, so… | 不行,今天是截稿日 何况我刚买了卡布奇诺 |
[04:30] | – So? – Bye. | -所以… -再见了 |
[04:36] | God bless. | 老天保佑你 |
[04:37] | It was one of those awkward relationship moments | 这真是两人关系中 最尴尬的时刻 |
[04:39] | where you feel like you know nothing about the person | 当你对一个人了若指掌时 |
[04:42] | you thought you knew everything about. | 却在某个时刻 让你觉得其实你不了解他 |
[04:44] | He goes to church with his mother? That can’t be good. | 他和老妈一起上教堂? 这不是好现象 |
[04:48] | Don’t listen. A man who cares for his mother makes a wonderful husband. | 别听她胡扯 会关心母亲的人一定是好丈夫 |
[04:51] | – I think it’s sweet. – All religions are sweet | -我觉得很窝心 -所有宗教都有这种特质 |
[04:54] | until you get to that shower after sex phase. | 直到你发现完事后居然要冲澡 |
[04:56] | – oh, my God, is he still doing that? – It’s amazing he has any skin left. | -天啊,他还这样? -对,奇怪的是他居然没脱皮 |
[05:00] | Have you tried showering with him? | 你试过和他一起冲澡? |
[05:02] | No. He might pull out garlic and a cross. | 没有 我怕他拿出蒜头和十字架 |
[05:05] | Which church does his mother go to? | 他母亲上哪个教堂? |
[05:07] | – Park Avenue Presbyterian. – The best church on the East Side. | -公园大道长老教会堂 -那是东区最棒的教堂 |
[05:12] | Are you rating churches? Is there a guide for that? | 你在为教堂评分吗? 有教堂指南? |
[05:14] | Four stars, great bread, disappointing wine selection. | 四颗星,圣餐不错 酒则令人失望 |
[05:18] | I’m dying to meet his mother. Can you imagine? | 我很想见见他母亲 你们能想像吗? |
[05:22] | Getting on with his mother is like closing the deal. | 多与男友母亲建立关系 那么离结婚之路就不远了 |
[05:25] | – I’m sorry I’m late. – Well, it’s about time. | -抱歉,我迟到了 -你也该出现了 |
[05:28] | I just had a five-hour lunch with James. | 我刚和詹姆斯 吃了五小时的午餐 |
[05:30] | Five hour lunches, I remember those. | 五小时的午餐?不用想也知道 |
[05:32] | Ladies, I have an announcement. Please don’t laugh. | 姐妹们,我有事宣布 但不能笑 |
[05:37] | What? | 什么? |
[05:39] | – I’m in love. – What? | -我恋爱了 -什么? |
[05:41] | Samantha uttering those words to us was an event as unfathomable | 这句话从莎曼珊口中说出来 |
[05:46] | as Moses parting the Red Sea. | 就像摩西过红海一样 不可思议 |
[05:49] | It all started a couple of weeks ago on a Wednesday night. | 事情发生于 几周前的星期三夜晚 |
[05:54] | Samantha decided to treat herself to a night of great music. | 莎曼珊决定一个人 好好享受音乐 |
[06:01] | I couldn’t help but notice how you move to the music. It’s beautiful. | 我被你随音乐摇动的迷人模样 所吸引住 |
[06:07] | – Well, I love jazz. – That’s pretty clear. | -我喜欢爵士乐 -看得出来 |
[06:11] | – Are you a musician? – Yeah. | -你是音乐家? -对 |
[06:16] | – Trapped in the body of a lawyer. – Well, we won’t tell anyone. | -但被困在律师的身分下 -我不会向别人说 |
[06:22] | – May I join you? – Sure. | -可以一起坐吗? -欢迎 |
[06:31] | After they closed the jazz joint, they walked and talked for blocks. | 爵士酒吧关门后 他们沿街散步聊天 |
[06:34] | You have to at least try one of the glazed. | 你至少吃一口浇糖的 |
[06:37] | It’s a little bit of heaven. | 吃了后像身处天堂 |
[06:41] | Heaven. And I never thought I’d get there. | 天堂?我从没想过会到天堂 |
[06:44] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[06:46] | An angel like you? | 像你这样美丽的天使 |
[06:49] | And then Samantha did something rather shocking for a first date. | 接着莎曼珊做了件 她第一次约会时不会做的事 |
[06:53] | She didn’t ask him home. | 她没邀请他回家 |
[06:56] | Thanks, James. I had a wonderful time. | 谢谢,詹姆斯,我玩得很愉快 |
[07:01] | – Can I see you again? – I’d love that. | -我能再见到你吗? -当然 |
[07:09] | With that one touch, Samantha, who was never a believer in relationships, | 在轻柔的触摸后 |
[07:13] | suddenly became a convert. | 从不相信爱情的莎曼珊 突然变成虔诚的信众 |
[07:16] | I’d totally given up on the idea that you could actually talk to men. | 我根本不觉得 女人可以和男人聊天 |
[07:20] | – Don’t spread that around. – Before James, | -别影响我们 -在詹姆斯面前 |
[07:22] | all my conversations consisted of two sentences. | 我想说的话只有两句 |
[07:25] | ”Give it to me.” And, ”Go home”. | 快上床,回家 |
[07:28] | – And I owe it all to Charlotte. – Me? | -我欠你,夏绿蒂 -欠我? |
[07:32] | – What did I do? – That bullshit you spout about | -我做了什么? -就是你那些荒谬理论 |
[07:35] | not sleeping with men right away actually paid off. | 一切长久的等待都会有所回报 |
[07:38] | If I’d fucked James already, who knows where we’d be. | 如果我已经和詹姆斯上床 谁知道我们现在会怎样 |
[07:42] | – Wait. You haven’t had sex yet? – Soon. | -慢着,你们还没上床? -快了 |
[07:46] | You know, I think he’s someone I could actually marry. | 我觉得他应该是我 可以托付终身的人 |
[07:52] | Samantha, that’s great. | 莎曼珊,太好了 |
[07:54] | The idea of Samantha getting married before she did | 莎曼珊有可能比她 更早踏入礼堂的念头 |
[07:58] | shook Charlotte’s beliefs to the core. | 彻底震惊了夏绿蒂 |
[08:00] | She took drastic action. | 她采取了激烈动作 |
[08:02] | She went to see Noanie Stine, psychic to the stars, | 她去找专为巨星们服务的 灵媒诺妮史坦 |
[08:06] | who lived in a brownstone between Central Park West and Columbus. | 她住在中央公园西区 和哥伦布大道之间的高级住宅 |
[08:11] | – Is this you and Madonna? – We go to the same cabala class. | -这是你和玛丹娜的合照? -对,我们一起上秘教课程 |
[08:17] | Now… | 现在 |
[08:19] | Pick three cards, face down, with your left hand. | 用左手选三张牌,牌朝下 |
[08:24] | Charlotte had heard about Noanie through a sorority sister | 夏绿蒂从妇女会的姐妹口中 知道灵媒诺妮 |
[08:27] | whose marriage she had very accurately predicted. | 她正确预言了她们的婚姻状况 |
[08:31] | ok, is there one question in particular? | 好,有什么特别想问的? |
[08:35] | Well, no, just… | 没有,只是… |
[08:40] | There is. When will I get married? | 好吧,我什么时候会结婚? |
[08:46] | Ace of wands, prosperity. | A点魔杖代表成功 |
[08:51] | Nine of cups, strength and independence. | 九点圣杯代表权力和独立 |
[08:56] | The hanged man, a new awakening. | 上吊者代表自我的觉醒 |
[09:00] | You’re a strong, independent woman with great success in your future, | 你是个坚强独立 事业成功的女性 |
[09:04] | but I don’t see marriage. | 但我看不到婚姻 |
[09:08] | – Excuse me? – I don’t see it. | -对不起? -我没看到婚姻 |
[09:12] | – What? – I don’t see marriage. | -什么? -我没看到婚姻 |
[09:15] | How can you just say that like that? | 你怎么可以说这种话? |
[09:20] | I mean, what about my feelings? | 你这么说,不怕伤害到我? |
[09:23] | Honey, I’m a psychic, I’m not a shrink. | 我是灵媒,不是心理医生 |
[09:27] | So, who is this fabulous mother, | 你迷人的母亲是怎样的人? |
[09:29] | and when do I get to go to church with you two? | 我何时可和你们一起上教堂? |
[09:33] | – You want to go to church? – You say it like I’m the antichrist. | -你想上教堂? -你好像觉得我是反基督教者 |
[09:38] | No, it’s just I never thought of you as the church type. | 不是 只觉得你不是那种上教堂的人 |
[09:42] | Really? What type am l? | 是吗?那我是哪种人? |
[09:45] | The beautiful and intelligent type. | 漂亮又聪明的女人 |
[09:51] | – What religion are you? – No particular religion. I’m open to all. | -你信仰什么宗教? -我是什么都信,自由开放 |
[09:56] | – Kind of like a Seven Eleven? – Come on! | -听来像便利商店 -拜托 |
[09:59] | I want to go to church with you and your mommy. | 我想和你们一起上教堂 |
[10:02] | – How about this Sunday? – Well… | -这星期天可以吗? -这个… |
[10:04] | it’s just a private little thing my mother and I do, just the two of us. | 这是我和我妈之间的私人聚会 |
[10:18] | Wanna go to the Caribbean next week? | 下星期想去加勒比海? |
[10:20] | Sure, I’ll go pack my jet ski. | 好,我会准备滑雪板 |
[10:22] | No, I’m serious. We could use a vacation. Come on. | 我说真的 我们可以好好利用假期,好吧 |
[10:25] | The sun, the sand, and you waiting on me. | 阳光,海滩,只有我们两个 |
[10:29] | – Can you get away? – Yeah, but I can’t afford it. | -你可以去吗? -可以,但我付不起 |
[10:32] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll buy the tickets. | 这样吧,机票我出 |
[10:35] | When we arrive you can buy me one big | 我们到圣巴托罗时 |
[10:38] | margarita. | 你再请我喝一杯玛格利塔 |
[10:53] | – Wait. I want to hold you. – I’ll be right back. | -等一下,我想抱你 -我马上回来 |
[10:57] | Stay here a second. | 一会儿就好 |
[11:01] | – Isn’t this nice? Us, together? – Yeah. | -很棒吧,抱在一起 -对 |
[11:07] | I’m just gonna go shower and then I’m all yours. | 我去冲个澡 然后就任由你处置 |
[11:12] | There’s nothing sinful about sex. | 做爱根本不是罪恶 |
[11:17] | Really? Well, thanks for clearing that up. | 是吗,谢谢你帮我赎罪 |
[11:22] | What is that, The Gospel According To Miranda? | 出自米兰达福音书? |
[11:25] | You’re gonna say that God made the body | 接下来你要说什么? 上帝创造人体 |
[11:27] | and sex is an expression of that body, | 性只是人体的自然呈现 |
[11:30] | So how can anything made by that God-made body be considered sin? | 人体是上帝创造的 怎么会是罪恶? |
[11:35] | Well, yeah. | 没错 |
[11:37] | It’s a miracle, I’m healed! You’re free to go work with the lepers now. | 是奇迹,我痊愈了 你治愈了麻疯病患者 |
[11:41] | I guess this means I’m not going to hell. Great news! | 我想这代表我不用下地狱了 真是天大的好消息 |
[11:45] | Thank you, Miranda, for saving my immortal soul. | 谢谢你拯救了我不朽的灵魂 |
[11:50] | In her effort to help, | 米兰达想帮忙的举动 |
[11:51] | Miranda had accidentally detonated some kind of Catholic guiIt bomb. | 却突然让她陷入 天主教的罪恶感中 |
[11:57] | I’m gonna go take a shower. | 我要去冲个澡 |
[11:59] | When I come out, I’d like it if you weren’t here. | 我出来时,希望你已不在了 |
[12:02] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[12:04] | Six months later, that same speech | 六个月后,相同的对话出现在 |
[12:06] | would find its way into Thomas Anderson’s hit off-Broadway play, | 汤马斯安德森大为轰动的 |
[12:11] | Shower of Shame. | 百老汇剧“羞耻之浴”之中 |
[12:15] | Meanwhile downtown, Samantha was preparing to see God. | 同时在市中心 莎曼珊则准备去会见上帝了 |
[12:22] | I know it’s only been a couple of weeks, | 虽然我们只交往几星期 |
[12:25] | – but I love you, Samantha. – I love you, too. | 但我爱你,莎曼珊 我也爱你 |
[12:37] | I can’t wait any longer. Just unzip and get over here. | 亲爱的,我不能再等了 解开拉练,上床吧 |
[12:54] | – ok, I’m ready. Put it in. – It is in. | -我准备好了,进来吧 -已经进去了 |
[13:01] | Samantha said a little prayer that he was kidding. | 莎曼珊祈祷他不是在开玩笑 |
[13:05] | He wasn’t. | 但他真的不是开玩笑 |
[13:09] | Sunday morning. A time for rest, for relaxation… a time for spying. | 星期天早晨 是休息,放松…盯梢的日子 |
[13:16] | The plan was simple. Just get a look at the mother, | 计划很简单,只要看到他母亲 |
[13:18] | then we’d go for eggs. | 我们就走人 |
[13:20] | Look how crowded it is. What a sham. | 人居然会这么多,一群伪君子 |
[13:23] | Will you lighten up? It’s Presbyterian, not Catholic. | 看清楚,这是长老会教堂 不是天主教堂 |
[13:26] | Whatever. Catholics, Episcopalians, Buddhists, Shakers, Quakers. | 都一样,天主教,圣公会 佛教,震颤教,贵格教 |
[13:31] | All the same, all designed to fuck up our sex lives. | 这些宗教都一样 目的就是要破坏性生活 |
[13:33] | Here, pray. | 祈祷 |
[13:36] | – There they are. – Where? | 他们在那边 |
[13:38] | Right there. | -哪里? -就在那边 |
[13:40] | As I watched Mr Big standing quietly next to his mother, | 当我看着大人物 站在他母亲身旁时 |
[13:43] | tall, proud, respectful, | 高大,自豪,彬彬有礼 |
[13:46] | I think I fell a little bit more in love with him. | 觉得自己更爱他了 |
[13:49] | Let us pray. | 大家祈祷 |
[13:52] | – We come together… – We’re out of here. | -今天我们齐聚一堂… -走了 |
[14:07] | Here they come. Let’s make a break for it. | 他们来了,我们走吧 |
[14:10] | They saw me, I have to say hello. I can’t just pray and run. | 他们看到我了,我得打声招呼 我不能这样就溜了 |
[14:15] | There they are. ok go, I’m fine. | 他们来了,走吧,我可以 |
[14:22] | Aren’t you the young lady who made all that noise? | 这不是那位引起骚动的女士? |
[14:25] | – Slippery gloves. Morning. – Good morning. | -手套太滑了,早 -早 |
[14:29] | – It’s a lovely church. – Yes, isn’t it? | -这教堂真漂亮 -对 |
[14:32] | – Don’t you think it’s lovely? – Mother, this is my friend, Carrie. | -你不觉得很漂亮? -妈,这是我朋友,凯莉 |
[14:36] | I searched her face for the light of recognition. | 我想从她脸上找寻 对我似曾相似的印象 |
[14:42] | But there was nothing. Carrie Carrie. | 但什么表情都没有 凯莉… |
[14:45] | I’ll just say good-bye to the pastor. It was lovely meeting you. | 我去和牧师说声再见 很高兴见到你 |
[14:51] | – ”My friend, Carrie”? – You show up after I asked you not to. | -我朋友?凯莉 -我说过叫你别来 |
[14:55] | Are you trying to test me? | 你是想考验我? |
[14:57] | Why the interest in meeting my mother? | 你为何这么有兴趣见我妈? |
[14:59] | Has she ever even heard of me? | 难道她没听过我? |
[15:01] | My mother doesn’t need to meet another girlfriend. | 我母亲不需见过我所有女朋友 |
[15:07] | I didn’t mean… | 我不是… |
[15:10] | I mean, I’ll introduce you as my girlfriend when I’m sure. | 我是说等我真正确定后 我会向她介绍你 |
[15:16] | – I have to do things on my time frame. – Time frame? | 我必须照着自己的步骤来 |
[15:22] | We’ve been going out for months. | 步骤?我们已交往几个月了 |
[15:28] | I really don’t know what else to say to you. | 我不知道我还能说什么 |
[15:30] | We’ll get there. You just need a little faith. | 我们会到那个阶段的 只需要有点信心 |
[15:34] | – Faith? – Yeah. | -信心? -对 |
[15:37] | In a couple of days we’re going away. We’ll have time to talk. | 我们再找时间好好谈 |
[15:40] | Now I’ve got to get my mother home, ok? | 现在我要送我母亲回家 好吗? |
[15:42] | Well, go. | 走吧 |
[15:46] | Just go. | 走 |
[16:03] | Move over. | 坐过去点 |
[16:10] | I didn’t leave. You didn’t seem fine. | 我没走,你看来很不好 |
[16:15] | He introduced me to his mother as a friend. | 他向他妈介绍我是他朋友 |
[16:20] | She’d never heard of me. That isn’t a good sign. | 她根本没听过我的名字 这不是好现象 |
[16:26] | – Maybe they’re not that close. – Don’t lie. You’re in a church. | -或许他们没那么亲近 -别说谎,你是在教堂内 |
[16:35] | I can’t get inside. | 我打不进他的生活圈 |
[16:39] | I don’t know what else I can do. | 我不知道还能做什么 |
[16:44] | Later that night in the church of disco, | 那晚在迪斯可酒吧中 |
[16:46] | Stanford invited everyone he knew to a party to introduce a new fragrance – | 史丹佛邀请大家出席 介绍最新的香水 |
[16:51] | Fallen Angel. | 坠落天使 |
[16:54] | Hi, Carrie. | 凯莉 |
[16:58] | Also, he wanted to show off his new boyfriend, Allanne. | 也顺便展示一下 他的新男友亚伦 |
[17:04] | Isn’t this fun? It’s like hell with a cover charge. | 好玩吧? 像不像要收服务费的地狱 |
[17:07] | Carrie, this is Allanne. | 凯莉,这是亚伦 |
[17:11] | – Hi, nice to meet you finally. – You, too. | -你好,终于见到你了 -也终于看到你了 |
[17:13] | Did I tell you that Allanne designed the Fallen Angel bottle? | 我有说过坠落天使的香水瓶 就是由亚伦负责设计? |
[17:18] | – Yes, congratulations! – Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[17:21] | Excuse me for a second. I just saw someone I want to say hello to. | 对不起,失陪一下 我要过去打声招呼 |
[17:30] | You know what we did today? | 你知道我们今天做了什么? |
[17:32] | We shopped for deco cabinet handles for his armoire. | 我们去逛雕饰衣柜的把手 |
[17:37] | I’ve turned into one of those couples we hate, and I love it! | 变成一副老夫老妻的模样 但我很喜欢这种感觉 |
[17:41] | Stanford and Allanne worshiped the same god… | 史丹佛和亚伦崇拜相同的东西 |
[17:44] | Style. | 时尚流行 |
[17:45] | So you all excited for the big vacation? | 到加勒比海度假很兴奋吧? |
[17:48] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[17:50] | I can’t help feeling like it’s some sort of consolation prize | 我觉得这次度假 好像有点安慰性质 |
[17:53] | – for not letting me in his life. – What is going on with you two? | -是希望我别介入他的生活 -你们俩到底怎么了? |
[17:57] | – We’re not in the greatest place. – What happened? | -我们步调不一样 -怎么了? |
[18:01] | He wouldn’t introduce me to his mother. | 他没把我介绍给他母亲认识 |
[18:03] | ouch. | 天啊 |
[18:08] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:10] | Skipper, hi. | 史奇普 |
[18:12] | It seems Stanford had invited everyone in his Rolodex. | 看来史丹佛 好像把认识的人全请来了 |
[18:16] | I was hoping I’d see you here. | 我希望在这里能见到你 |
[18:18] | I’ve been thinking about you since we broke up. | 我们分手后,我就一直想着你 |
[18:21] | – You have? – Totally. | -是吗? -真的 |
[18:25] | – You look great. – Thanks. | -你看来很漂亮 -谢谢 |
[18:29] | So do you. | 你也很帅 |
[18:30] | Miranda looked at Skipper. | 米兰达看着史奇普 |
[18:32] | The months apart had shed new light on him. | 分隔后让他们重新擦出火花 |
[18:35] | Actually they’d shed new light on his shower-free feelings about sex. | 事实上也重燃米兰达的希望 性爱后不用再忍受冲澡的行径 |
[18:39] | Later we tracked Samantha to the ladies’ room | 稍后我们在女化妆室 找到莎曼珊 |
[18:43] | to get the low-down on her love life with James. | 逼她供出和詹姆斯的性爱生活 |
[18:45] | We’ve been looking for you everywhere. | 我们到处找你 |
[18:47] | So, how is everything? | 情况如何? |
[18:51] | She means have you and James done it yet? | 你和詹姆斯做了没? |
[18:55] | And? | 结果呢? |
[18:57] | – It’s nice. – I’m so happy for you. | -很好 -我真为你高兴 |
[19:04] | – Sweetie, what is it? – Nothing. | -怎么了? -没什么 |
[19:14] | What’s going on? Why are you crying? | 怎么了?你为何哭? |
[19:17] | James has a small dick. | 詹姆斯有个小弟弟 |
[19:20] | – It’s not the end of the world. – It’s really small. | -这又不是世界末日 -是非常小 |
[19:23] | – How small? – Too small. | -多小? -很小 |
[19:25] | – Size isn’t everything. – Three inches? | -尺寸不能代表一切 |
[19:27] | – Well… – Hard. | -三英寸? 还没到 |
[19:31] | Is he a good kisser? | -他的吻功不错吧? |
[19:33] | Who cares? His dick is like a gherkin! | -谁在乎? |
[19:37] | I feel so terrible. Listen to me. I’m a bad person. | 他的弟弟像个小黄瓜 我很难过,真的 |
[19:40] | Don’t beat yourself up. You had expectations, you’re disappointed. | 别对自己失去信心 期望过高,失望越大 |
[19:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:45] | Why does he have to have a small dick? I really like him. | 为什么他的弟弟这么小? 我是真的喜欢他 |
[19:50] | – I thought you loved him. – Well… | -我还以为你爱他? -这… |
[19:54] | – We’ve all been there. – That’s for sure. | -这种事我们都经历过 -没错 |
[19:56] | I was once with a guy the size of one of those little miniature golf pencils. | 我曾和个家伙交往 他的弟弟像只高尔夫铅笔一样 |
[19:59] | I couldn’t tell if he was trying to fuck me or erase me. | 我根本分不清他是想和我上床 还是想把我擦掉? |
[20:05] | I’m sorry, it’s just… it’s funny. | 对不起,只是蛮好笑的 |
[20:08] | Let’s not lose perspective. There are ways to work around it. | 别失去信心 他总有其他优点来弥补不足 |
[20:12] | I don’t want to work around it. I love a big dick. | 我不要其他优点 我就是爱大热狗 |
[20:16] | I love it inside of me. I love looking at it, I love everything about it. | 我喜欢它在里面的感觉 喜欢看着它,怎样都好 |
[20:21] | When I blow him, it’s like… | 当我帮他口交时… |
[20:24] | Nothing. Nothing. | 什么反应都没有 |
[20:27] | – Can you talk to him about it? – No. | -和他谈谈? -不 |
[20:31] | It’s the only thing we can’t talk about. | 那是我们唯一不能谈的话题 |
[20:36] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办? |
[20:39] | How is he with his tongue? | 他的舌功如何? |
[20:44] | Charlotte left us all behind telling us she had another party to go to. | 夏绿蒂丢下我们 前往参加另一个聚会 (神灵夫人 萨泰里阿教秘密仪式) |
[20:49] | She took a cab to a part of town never mentioned in the New Yorker. | 她搭计程车前往一个 纽约客杂志上从未提过的区域 |
[20:54] | Will I ever get married? | 我会结婚吗? |
[20:59] | I call the power of all the saints. Saint Lazarus, Saint Rosa. | 召唤众圣者们的神灵 圣者拉撒路,圣者罗莎 |
[21:06] | Send me your guidance. Send me the truth. | 引领我,赐予真相 |
[21:13] | Send me an answer. | 给予解答 |
[21:26] | No yolk. | 没有蛋黄 |
[21:28] | What does that mean? | 这代表什么意思? |
[21:31] | You’ll never be married. | 你这一辈子都不会结婚 |
[21:34] | You are cursed. | 你受到诅咒 |
[21:37] | But do not worry. For $100, we can remove it. | 别担心 只要100美元就能化解厄运 |
[21:47] | The entire way home Charlotte berated herself for being foolish. | 回家路上夏绿蒂痛骂自己是 天下第一号大笨蛋 |
[21:52] | She simply refused to give into the idea that she would never get married. | 她决定把不会结婚的诅咒 抛诸脑后 |
[21:57] | All she had to do was keep believing and it would happen. | 她只要心存信心就会美梦成真 |
[22:04] | At 3:00am in the church of disco, | 凌晨三点的狄斯可酒吧里 |
[22:06] | Miranda couldn’t believe what she was about to say. | 米兰达对她即将要说出的话 感到不可置信 |
[22:09] | – You want to spend the night? – The night? The whole night? | -你想一起过夜? -过夜?一整晚? |
[22:14] | Yeah, the whole night. | 对,一整晚 |
[22:20] | – I knew we’d get back together. – You did? | -我就知道我们会复合 -是吗? |
[22:25] | Every night I’d light a candle and say a little prayer. | 每天晚上我都点上蜡祷告 |
[22:29] | You’re a freak. | 你是个怪胎 |
[22:33] | Samantha tried desperately to believe that love was stronger than sex. | 莎曼珊则极力说服自己 相信“爱胜于性” |
[22:38] | Why are you crying? | 你怎么哭了? |
[22:41] | I’m just so happy. | 我喜极而泣 |
[22:49] | I stayed up all night questioning my faith in faith. | 我整晚睡不着,质疑自己 对“信心”的相信程度 |
[22:52] | I mean, hadn’t I had faith in us all along? | 难道我对这段这感情 一直没有信心? |
[23:01] | Faith that all the withholding would stop… | 相信所有困难会迎刃而解 |
[23:05] | – Faith that he’d say, ”I love you.” – Let’s go! | -相信他会说“我爱你” -走吧 |
[23:09] | Hurry. We’re gonna miss the plane. | 快,不然赶不上飞机 |
[23:13] | Wait. Put them down a second. Just put them down. | 等等,先放一下,放下来 |
[23:20] | ok. What? | 好,怎么了? |
[23:26] | I need a sign. | 我需要一个征兆 |
[23:28] | I mean, you told me to have faith, but see, | 你告诉我要有信心,但… |
[23:32] | I’m kind of losing mine, so… I need a sign. | 我却失去信心 所以我需要一个征兆 |
[23:38] | Like in those old religious movies? You want a voice from above? | 就像传统的宗教电影一样 需要来自天上的声音? |
[23:42] | Just tell me I’m the one. | 告诉我,我是你的唯一 |
[23:46] | You don’t have to tell your mother or the whole world, just… | 你不必告诉你母亲或任何人 但只要… |
[23:53] | Just tell me. | 只要告诉我 |
[24:10] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[24:13] | Carrie… | 凯莉 |
[24:17] | Carrie, just get in the car, please. | 凯莉,上车,拜托 |
[24:22] | I can’t. | 我不行 |
[24:25] | I love you, but I can’t. | 我爱你,但我做不到 |
[24:33] | So that’s it? | 结束了? |
[25:04] | After he left I cried for a week. | 大人物离开后 我整整哭了一个礼拜 |
[25:09] | And then I realized I do have faith… | 后来我才了解 自己并没有丧失信心 |
[25:12] | Faith in myself. | 我相信自己 |
[25:15] | Faith that I would one day meet someone | 相信有一天会遇到白马王子 |
[25:17] | who would be sure that I was the one. | 他会相信我是他的唯一 |