时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | If you live in new york for ten years, you can call yourself a new YorKer. | 在纽约居住十年的人 就可以称为纽约客 |
[00:52] | But the trained eye can always spot the ones who were born here. | 不过有经验的人可以一眼看出 谁是土生土长的纽约人 |
[00:57] | I want it all, I want it now, and I want you to get it for me. | 我全部都要,现在就要 我要你帮我办好 |
[01:01] | After firing her last two publicists, | 在解聘了最后两个公关之后 |
[01:03] | Jenny brier, | 餐厅老板女儿珍妮布莱尔 |
[01:05] | the daughter of a restaurateur, | |
[01:06] | had decided that samantha | 决定指定莎曼珊 |
[01:08] | would take over the PR | 替她即将举办的派对做公关 |
[01:10] | for her upcoming party. | |
[01:12] | I want ”vanity fair”, carson daly, | 我要“浮华世界”杂志 MTV的卡森达利 |
[01:14] | ”people”, ”teen people”, NSYNC… | “人物杂志”、超级男孩 |
[01:17] | Jenny, sweetie. don’t take this the wrong way, but how old are you? | 亲爱的珍妮,请不要误会 你今年几岁? |
[01:23] | – it’s my bat mitzvah party. i’m 13. – you’re 13? | -这是我十三岁成人仪式派对 -你十三岁? |
[01:27] | What are you, 45? | 你呢?四十五? |
[01:29] | Just like that, the meeting was over. | 此次会谈就这样结束了 |
[01:32] | I’m sorry, I don’t do kids’ parties. | 抱歉,我不办小孩子的派对 |
[01:36] | Sweetie, my father has invited | 我爸爸邀请了有头有脸的朋友 |
[01:39] | over 300 of his powerful friends. | 人数超过三百 |
[01:41] | They are not all coming. the clintons can’t make it. | 他们都会来,除了柯林顿一家 |
[01:45] | I told daddy we’ll be lucky if we can swing this for under a mill. | 我告诉爸爸总花费要是能 不超过一百万就够幸运了 |
[01:48] | But what do I Know?. i’m just a kid. | 我知道什么,我只是个孩子 |
[01:53] | We’ll never get NSYNC. | 我们请不动超级男孩的 |
[01:57] | After meeting her new client, samantha met us | 在与新客户会面之后 |
[02:01] | for the latest trend in power lunching – | 莎曼珊在一家最热门的 自助餐厅 |
[02:03] | haute cafeteria cuisine. | 跟我们见面 |
[02:08] | Coming in for a landing, sister? | 你到底要不要坐下来? |
[02:11] | Cute guy. thought he was checking me out for a second. | 有一个可爱的男生在看我 |
[02:15] | Where? | 在哪里? |
[02:17] | Don’t turn… | 不要转过去… |
[02:19] | – he’s a cutie all right. – definitely looking. | -真是可爱 -真的在看你 |
[02:24] | Looking at you looking at him, like I asked you not to. | 我叫你们不要转过去看他 |
[02:27] | – TaKe your tray over there. – no. | -带着你的餐盘过去 -不要 |
[02:29] | Why not? | 为什么不要? |
[02:31] | This isn’t PS 147, we’re adults now. she’s married. | 拜托你们,我们都是成年人了 她都已经结婚了 |
[02:35] | We have to at least pretend to know better. | 我们要假装很懂事 |
[02:37] | – I saw a doctor about my headaches. – still looking. | 关于我的头痛我去看了医生 还在看 |
[02:42] | WhiCh you’re not helping. | 你没在帮我 |
[02:44] | I’ve been trying to diagnose myself on the internet. | 我上网诊断我的症状 |
[02:47] | You can do that? | 可以吗? |
[02:48] | Type in your symptoms and wait for the word ”cancer” to appear. | 只要把症状打上去 就等“癌症”这个字出现 |
[02:52] | Anyway, turns out i’m a tongue-thruster. | 总之,结果我是舌头前推患者 |
[02:56] | If you were a man, that would be a good thing. | 如果你是男人就是一件好事 |
[02:59] | My tongue pushes against my teeth, so my bite is all off. | 我的舌头推挤到正面的牙齿 导致咬合不正 |
[03:03] | – my dentist thinks I have TMJ. – you have to do something. | -牙医说我有颞额关节症状 -你得做些什么 |
[03:06] | – i’m going to the orthodontist. – no, I mean he’s really cute. | -我明天要去牙齿矫正 -我是说那个可爱的男生 |
[03:10] | – she could write him a note. – even cuter. | -她可以写纸条给他 -这样更可爱了 |
[03:14] | Guys, i’m not writing him a note. | 各位,我才不要写纸条给他 |
[03:16] | – dear mr. Cutie-Cute… – you did not write that. | -亲爱的可爱先生… -不可以那样写 |
[03:19] | – just your phone number. – i’m not giving him my number. | -只要写上你的电话 -我不要给他我的电话 |
[03:23] | Relax, TMJ. you don’t have to. | 不要紧张,你不用亲自动手 |
[03:26] | – i’ll do it for you. – carrie. | -我帮你送过去 -凯莉 |
[03:29] | – go, girl. – oh, my god. | -去吧,姐妹 -我的天 |
[03:35] | Hi. i’m sorry to bother you, but my friend miranda over there… | 抱歉打扰了,我朋友米兰达… |
[03:39] | – oh, my god. – she thinks you’re cute. | -我的天 -觉得你很可爱 |
[03:43] | Please tell your friend miranda to call me. | 请你的朋友米兰达打电话给我 |
[03:53] | on the way home, I decided to brave the afternoon heat | 在回家的路上 我决定顶着下午的太阳 |
[03:57] | to see if my shoe repair guy could do anything about my old soles. | 去找修鞋师父救救我的旧鞋跟 |
[04:03] | But when I got there, there was no ”there” there. | 但是当我到达的时候 “那里”已经不见了 |
[04:22] | – what happened to artie? – artie? | -阿提怎么了? -阿提? |
[04:26] | My guy, my shoe guy. he fixed these the last time. | 修鞋子的师父 他上次帮我修鞋跟 |
[04:31] | He moved back to williamsburg. brooklyn, not colonial. | 他搬到布鲁克林了 |
[04:36] | He couldn’t afford the place once they destabilized the rent. | 租金调整后他就负担不起了 |
[04:38] | If the comic business keeps going the way it is, I won’t be able to either. | 要是漫画店的生意没有改善 我也会负担不起 |
[04:43] | – ComiCs aren’t selling, huh? – no, especially mine. | -漫画销路不好吗? -不好,尤其是我画的 |
[04:50] | Power lad, by wade adams. | “强力小子”,维德亚当绘制 |
[04:53] | Is this you? did you draw this? | 这是你画的? |
[04:57] | What’s so powerful about him? | 他有什么能力? |
[05:01] | He’s a superhero, or he wants to be. his parents were superheroes. | 他想要变成超级英雄 他的父母都是超级英雄 |
[05:05] | He’s trying to find his super-powers. they haven’t kicked in yet. | 他试着寻找自己的超能力 还没成功 |
[05:08] | It’s stupid. what do you do? | 愚蠢的玩意 你从事什么行业? |
[05:11] | – i’m a writer. – that’s cool. what do you write? | -我是个作家 -好酷,你写什么? |
[05:14] | Turn to page seven of your newspaper. | 翻开报纸第七页 |
[05:22] | Yes, I thought you looked familiar. | 我就觉得你很眼熟 |
[05:25] | – would you like to write ComiCs? – aren’t they a boy thing? | -你有想过写漫画吗? -那不是男生做的事吗? |
[05:28] | No! there are women superheroes – batgirl, supergirl, black Canary… | 才怪,也有很多“英雌” 蝙蝠女、女超人… |
[05:33] | You’ve heard of wonder woman. | 还有神力女超人 |
[05:35] | With the bracelets and the tiara. | 戴着手镯和头饰 |
[05:39] | I used to love that even her accessories had super-powers. | 连她的配件都有超能力 |
[05:42] | oh, man. | 老天 |
[05:50] | What’s wrong with them? | 他们怎么了? |
[05:53] | To them, you are wonder woman. | 对他们而言 你就是神力女超人 |
[05:55] | – all right, stop. i’ll buy some. – all right. | -不要拍马屁了,我会捧场的 -好 |
[06:06] | I never did get my shoes fixed. but the next week, I got new boots. | 我的鞋子没有修好 隔周我倒是得到一双新靴子 |
[06:13] | I don’t know what came over me, but I felt compelled to thank him. | 我不知道我在想什么 我只觉得应该要谢谢他 |
[06:17] | Even as a superhero, I was powerless to resist. | 就算身为一个超级英雄 我仍是无力抵挡 |
[06:22] | That evening, inspired by miranda’s digital diagnosis, | 那一晚 受到米兰达网路诊断的鼓舞 |
[06:26] | Charlotte went surfing | 夏绿蒂上网寻找帮助崔的方法 |
[06:28] | for a cure for trey’s condition. | |
[06:31] | There it was, in both the on- and off-positions. | 答案就在那里,有着开关的 |
[06:34] | $8,000 worth of hydraulics that could turn trey into the bionic man. | 八千块的水力装置 可以将崔变成超人 |
[06:39] | ordinarily, this was something | 通常夏绿蒂对这类东西 |
[06:42] | Charlotte would shy away from, | 敬谢不敏 |
[06:44] | but since her marriage was shy of wood… | 不过既然这危及到她的婚姻 |
[06:46] | That night, I met wade adams alias power lad at bar code, | 那一晚,我跟维德亚当 别名强力小子,在时报广场的 |
[06:51] | a times square bar that specialized in real drinks and virtual reality. | 电动馆约会 有真正的酒和虚拟实境 |
[06:55] | I can’t believe this place, it’s like ten bucks a game. | 这个地方真是不可思议 玩一次就要十块美金 |
[06:58] | Yeah, but games come with beer. | 不过买啤酒就可以玩游戏 |
[07:00] | They want you to play half as well and twice as much. | 让人昏沉沉地越玩越多 |
[07:03] | Sounds good to me. what will it be – bloodburst or terrorfright ll? | 听起来很不错,要玩 “血浴”还是“恐怖行动”? |
[07:08] | Whatever happened to frogger and miss PaCman? | “青蛙过街”跟 “小精灵”呢? |
[07:11] | – she got married. – no! to PaCman? | -她结婚了 -不会吧!跟青蛙? |
[07:15] | Good for them. man, where have I been? | 真有他们的 老天,我真是落伍了 |
[07:18] | I don’t know, but wanna go to mars? | 想不想到火星去? |
[07:21] | – for ten bucks? it’s a bargain. – let’s go. | -只要十块钱?很划算 -走吧 |
[07:24] | Without leaving the building, | 就在这栋建筑物里 |
[07:26] | Power lad took me to the furthest reaches of the galaxy | 强力小子带我到银河的最远处 |
[07:29] | and right back to seventh grade. | 回到七年级 |
[07:34] | – there we go. – oh, god. | -出发了 -好兴奋 |
[07:36] | It was maddening. | 这真是叫人疯狂 |
[07:39] | Bram and pippin liked the ’78 lafite, which was entirely acceptable. | 布莱和皮平想点七八年的 拉菲特红酒 |
[07:43] | The implant’s onloff-switCh had charlotte thinking about trey’s. | 开关植入的方法 让夏绿蒂联想到崔 |
[07:47] | She was desperate to turn his on, but didn’t know where to find it. | 她急切地想将他启动 却遍寻不着开关 |
[07:52] | The joke was on him. we ordered both. | 我们开了他一个玩笑 我们两样都点了 |
[07:56] | How was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样? |
[07:59] | I went to the gallery in the morning and the framer’s in the afternoon. | 我早上去了画廊 下午去装框公司 |
[08:06] | Then I found this on the internet. see? | 然后在网路上找到这个 |
[08:14] | What on earth is this? what are you getting at? | 这是什么…你想说什么? |
[08:19] | Just that… | 只是… |
[08:21] | We’ve tried everything else and we still… | 我们什么都试过了 就是没办法… |
[08:27] | You haven’t…in my…ever… | 你还没进入我的…那个 |
[08:32] | So I thought… | 所以我想… |
[08:35] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是认真的吧? |
[08:39] | What other options do we have? | 我们还有别的办法吗? |
[08:50] | Five beers, four video games, 102 degrees outside later… | 五瓶啤酒,四场游戏之后 我们来到一百零二度的外面 |
[09:01] | – you gotta be kidding. – what? this is fun. | -你在开玩笑 -拜托,这很好玩 |
[09:05] | It’s cheaper than taking cabs. besides, all the kids got them. | 比搭计程车便宜 而且所有的小孩都有一台 |
[09:10] | – wanna try it? – it’s too hot to scoot. | -要不要试一试? -现在骑车太热了 |
[09:13] | Let’s go to my place. I have a great view. the breeze is even better. | 回我家去 阳台可以吹风看风景 |
[09:19] | I’m not the kind of girl who scoots to a guy’s terrace on the first date. | 我可不是第一次约会就会到 男生家阳台的女孩 |
[09:24] | I respect that. | 我尊重那一点 |
[09:26] | – I have central air. – give me that scooter. | -我家有中央空调 -把滑板车给我 |
[09:29] | – ever been on one? – no. | -骑过吗? -没有 |
[09:31] | – that’s great. – thank you. | -骑得很棒 -谢谢 |
[09:35] | I’m scooting in heels. | 我穿高跟鞋骑滑板车 |
[09:50] | You said you had a view, not the view. | 你没有说这里的风景这么漂亮 |
[09:53] | And this breeze – it’s like there’s different air up here. | 还有微风 就好像这里的空气比较棒 |
[09:58] | – how do you have all this? – why don’t I get us some beers? | -你怎么能拥有这一切? -我去拿啤酒 |
[10:01] | Then we can talk adventures and real estate. | 然后来谈谈房地产的风险 |
[10:06] | How was it possible that mild-mannered power lad | 一个温和的强力小子 怎么有能力在上东区 |
[10:09] | had a classic six on the upper east side with a view of the park? | 买下可以眺望公园的 六星级公寓? |
[10:14] | Was he power lad by day and a millionaire playboy by night? | 难道他白天是强力小子 晚上是亿万花花公子? |
[10:21] | Hello? | 你好 |
[10:23] | You scared me. | 你吓到我了 |
[10:25] | – I heard voices outside and… – you’re up. | -我听到外面有声音 -你起来了 |
[10:29] | – did we wake you? – i’m always keeping the watch. | -我们吵醒你吗? -你知道我总是保持警觉 |
[10:34] | Did you meet carrie? | 你见过凯莉了吗? |
[10:36] | Carrie, i’d like you to meet my mother. | 凯莉,这位是我妈妈 |
[10:38] | – hello. it’s a beautiful night, isn’t it? – yeah. | -你好,很棒的夜晚 -没错 |
[10:44] | I’m off to bed. | 我要去睡觉了 |
[10:48] | You two have fun. | 你们两个好好玩 |
[10:51] | But don’t stay up too late, dear. good night. | 不过不要太晚睡,晚安 |
[10:54] | – night. – it’s lovely to meet you. | -晚安 -很高兴认识你 |
[10:57] | Lovely to meet you too, mrs. adams. | 我也是,亚当太太 |
[11:05] | – he lives with his parents? – it’s their apartment. | -他跟父母同住? -那是他父母的公寓 |
[11:08] | The next day at commune, daddy brier’s latest restaurant, | 隔天在布莱尔爸爸 新开的餐厅“圣餐” |
[11:11] | I asked samantha about my prospects with power lad. | 我向莎曼珊询问 我跟强力小子的愿景 |
[11:14] | Not sexy. dump him immediately. use my cell phone. | 一点都不迷人,马上甩了他 用我的电话 |
[11:18] | He put his money in the comic book store. | 他把钱都投资到漫画店了 |
[11:21] | – still not sexy. what’s his number? – he’s saving up for his own place. | -还是很不迷人,电话几号? -他正在存钱买房子 |
[11:25] | You know how tough the market is. plus he’s fun and funny. | 你也知道生意不好做 况且他很有趣 |
[11:29] | Stop while you’re still sexy. | 在你还吸引人之前赶快结束 |
[11:31] | There’s no way you’d go out with a guy who lived with his family? | 你绝不可能跟一个 与家人同住的人约会? |
[11:36] | Maybe PrinCe william. | 威廉王子就可以 |
[11:38] | I’m sorry i’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[11:43] | This happens to tongue-thrusters. | 这就是舌头前推患者的下场 |
[11:45] | I have to wear them for a year. am I hideous? | 我得戴一年,我很丑吗? |
[11:48] | No. hey, no. no, they don’t look so bad. | 才不会,一点都不丑 |
[11:53] | – do you mean it? – i’m sticking to my story. | -你说真的? -我烦心于自己的事 |
[11:57] | Are you in pain? i’m in pain looking at you. | 会痛吗?我光看就觉得痛 |
[12:00] | I’m a 34-year-old with braces, and i’m on a liquid diet. | 我三十四岁还带牙套 而且不能喝酒 |
[12:03] | Pain doesn’t begin to cover it. | 痛还不算什么 |
[12:05] | – look, lunch. – we didn’t order champagne. | -看,午餐 -我们没有点香槟 |
[12:09] | – compliments of jenny brier. – you get the nicest compliments. | -是珍妮布莱尔的心意 -你总是得到最棒的心意 |
[12:13] | A 13-year-old girl just bought us a $200 bottle of dom perignon? | 一个十三岁的女孩送我们一瓶 两百块的唐培里侬 |
[12:18] | Do you know what I was buying when I was 13? nothing. | 我十三岁时什么都买不起 |
[12:22] | I couldn’t afford anything. I served dilly bars at dairy queen. | 我什么都买不起 我在乳制品店打工 |
[12:25] | Where is she? where is that brat mitzvah beast? | 她在哪里?那个要举行 成年礼的小兽在哪里? |
[12:31] | – is everything fabulous? – yes. I didn’t know you were here. | -一切都还好吗? -很好,我不知道你在这里 |
[12:35] | You know carrie Bradshaw?. you are fucking fabulous. | 我不知道你认识凯莉布雷萧 你真是该死的棒 |
[12:39] | Your column about secret sex – hello, my life. | 你专栏提到的秘密性爱 根本就是我的生活 |
[12:43] | Seriously. my ex was so completely about the sex when we were alone, | 当我跟前男友相处时 他想要的只有性 |
[12:47] | but at school, I didn’t exist. | 但是在学校里 他无视于我的存在 |
[12:49] | – they’re all like that. – or worse. men suck. | -他们都是一个样 -或许更糟,男人烂死了 |
[12:56] | What? | 什么? |
[12:57] | I’m sorry, are your braces blue? | 抱歉,你的牙套是蓝色的吗? |
[12:59] | No, they’re sapphire. oh my god! look! | 是宝蓝色,我的妈,你看 |
[13:03] | You have the old-fashioned kind. I didn’t know they still made those. | 你那一种很过时 我不知道还有生产 |
[13:07] | I’ll be there. we have to dash. enjoy your meal, ladies. | 我会到的,我们得走了 各位,好好享用 |
[13:10] | You are so fucking fabulous. | 你真是该死的棒 |
[13:17] | Her braces are sapphire. i’m a 34-year-old nerd. | 她的牙套是宝蓝色 我是三十四岁的笨蛋 |
[13:22] | – how old are they? – 13. | -他们几岁了? -十三 |
[13:25] | – they sound… – I know. | -他们说话的方式… -我知道 |
[13:28] | – they’re dressed… – I know. | -他们的穿着… -我知道 |
[13:30] | Just like us. | 就跟我们一样 |
[13:34] | Were jenny brier and her friends dressed like 30-something-year-olds, | 是珍妮布莱尔跟她的朋友 打扮像三十几岁 |
[13:38] | or were we trying to look like teenagers? | 还是我们试着扮成青少年? |
[13:41] | one was sending dom perignon, another was touring on a scooter. | 我们之中有人收到唐培里侬 另一个却骑着滑板车乱逛 |
[13:46] | When you’re a teenager, all you want to do is buy beer. | 当你是青少年时 你最想做的事就是买啤酒 |
[13:48] | once you hit 30, all you want to do is get carded. | 一旦步入三十 你只想要扮可爱 |
[13:52] | I wondered, in today’s youth obsessed culture, | 我想知道 在今日这种崇尚年轻的文化中 |
[13:55] | are the women of my generation growing into responsible adults, | 我这一代的女人是 越来越成熟负责 |
[13:59] | or are we 34 going on 13? | 还是三十四岁活回十三岁? |
[14:03] | After a week of self-imposed seclusion, | 在闭关了一个星期后 |
[14:06] | Miranda felt strong enough for solid food and table service | 米兰达终于肯与 资深编辑蓝斯布伦 |
[14:10] | with LanCe bloom, a senior editor at knopf. | 出外用餐 |
[14:12] | I started out wanting to be a writer, | 我原先想当个作家 |
[14:15] | but it’s a solitary life. i’m more interested in collaborating. | 不过那是很孤单的 我比较喜欢共同合作 |
[14:19] | What are you working on now?. | 你现在在做什么? |
[14:22] | You have a little… | 你的牙齿有一点… |
[14:27] | I just got these. they’re going to take some getting used to. | 我刚装上去的,还不是很习惯 |
[14:31] | oh my god. | 我的天 |
[14:33] | What’s it like to kiss somebody with those things? | 戴着那个接吻是什么感觉? |
[14:39] | The doctor said it should be fine. | 医生说应该没问题 |
[14:43] | But a blow job is out of the question, right? | 不过口交就是个问题了 |
[14:48] | I was kidding. that was a joke. i’m sorry. | 我是开玩笑的,抱歉 |
[14:55] | He didn’t want your hardware getting too close to his software. | 他不希望你的“硬体” 太接近他的“软体” |
[14:58] | It’s everybody. | 大家都不想 |
[15:00] | I can’t open my mouth without the world thinking i’m a freak. | 我一张开嘴巴 全世界都把我当怪物 |
[15:05] | It’s like i’m back in junior high. I was lucky I got out alive the first time. | 我好像回到中学时代 我这次能全身而退算幸运了 |
[15:09] | think of it as mouth jewelry. your tooth bracelet. | 你应该把牙套想成嘴里的珠宝 |
[15:13] | I’m never dating again. | 我再也不要约会了 |
[15:15] | You are. lf the guy’s worth dating he won’t care about your braces. | 当然要,值得交往的男生 不会在乎你戴牙套 |
[15:19] | That was so After-SChool SpeCial of you. | 这样好像在演课后辅导短片 |
[15:22] | In the After-SChool SpeCial, you’d see him across the cafeteria. | 在短片里 你会看到他在餐厅那一头 |
[15:25] | He’d smile, and he’d have braces too. | 他会对着你微笑 而且也戴着牙套 |
[15:28] | But the sick thing is, I would never date a guy with braces. even now. | 不过就算是现在 我也不会跟有牙套的男生约会 |
[15:33] | Are you kidding me? don’t you think that’s childish? | 真的吗? 这样不是有点幼稚吗? |
[15:36] | – more lemonade, carrie? – yes, please, mrs. adams. | -凯莉,还要柠檬汁吗? -好的,亚当太太 |
[15:40] | How about some nice, homemade toll house cookies? | 要不要好吃的手工饼干? |
[15:44] | Yes, please, mrs. adams. | 好的,亚当太太 |
[15:46] | on closer inspection, living with the parents wasn’t so bad. | 仔细想想 跟父母同住似乎还不错 |
[15:51] | It was like having servants you didn’t have to pay. | 就像拥有免费的佣人 |
[15:55] | oh, and carrie, can you stay for dinner? | 凯莉,要不要留下来吃晚餐? |
[16:01] | FaCed with having hydraulic cylinders placed in his shaft, | 跟在那话儿上 装上水力圆柱比较起来 |
[16:06] | Trey decided to pursue the less physically demanding option | 崔决定采取比较 不折磨肉体的方法 |
[16:09] | of counseling with a therapist he’d found through his college alumni. | 他透过大学同学介绍 婚姻谘询治疗师 |
[16:13] | I sense you’re both having difficulty verbalizing your sexual issues. | 我觉得两位在描述 性方面的问题时有些困难 |
[16:21] | With some clients it often helps | 对某些患者而言 |
[16:24] | to create your own non-threatening language with which to talk about sex. | 创造一些婉转的新词汇来谈性 很有帮助 |
[16:30] | I’m not sure that I understand. | 我不太懂你的意思 |
[16:34] | one client rather whimsically dubbed his anus the ChoColate starfish. | 一位患者异想天开地将 他的肛门称做“巧克力海星” |
[16:41] | Are you sure you went to yale? | 你真的是耶鲁大学毕业的吗? |
[16:43] | Charlotte, if you could rename your vagina, | 夏绿蒂,如果你可以 替你的阴道取个名字 |
[16:49] | something non-sexual, something that didn’t feel threatening to you or trey, | 一个比较不具威胁性 婉转的名字 |
[16:55] | what would you call it? | 你会叫它什么? |
[17:00] | RebeCCa. | 蕾贝佳 |
[17:02] | RebeCCa? why on earth would you… | 蕾贝佳? 你为什么要取这个名字? |
[17:05] | It sounds nice, and i’ve always liked the name. | 因为很好听 我一直很喜欢这个名字 |
[17:08] | Now you name yours. | 换你取了 |
[17:10] | – this is preposterous. – something positive. | -这简直荒谬至极 -取正面一点的 |
[17:18] | Trey loves to sail. don’t you, trey? | 崔喜欢航海,对不对? |
[17:22] | I do love to sail. | 我喜欢航海 |
[17:24] | How about something like canoe? | 那就叫“独木舟”好了 |
[17:28] | Canoe? | 独木舟? |
[17:31] | – canoe doesn’t go with RebeCCa. – what then? | -独木舟跟蕾贝佳不搭 -那要取什么? |
[17:35] | How about… | 那… |
[17:39] | – …SChooner. – schooner’s good. | -帆船怎么样? -帆船很好 |
[17:42] | RebeCCa and schooner. schooner’s good, isn’t it? | 蕾贝佳和帆船很搭,对不对? |
[17:45] | It’s very good. this is a wonderful beginning. | 很好,这是一个好的开始 |
[17:51] | There’s still a lot of work ahead, some here and some at home. | 还有很多功课要做 一些在这里做,一些回家做 |
[17:55] | Tonight, as homework, | 今晚的功课是… |
[17:58] | I want you to lie down together, side by side, without touching, | 你们两个并肩躺下 不要触碰对方 |
[18:04] | and share a sexual fantasy. | 然后分享性幻想 |
[18:09] | I’m a fairy princess in a forest. | 我是森林里的妖精公主 |
[18:12] | I’m riding on a unicorn. | 骑在独角兽上 |
[18:15] | Suddenly I see a pirate in buckskins. | 突然间我看见一个 穿鹿皮的海盗 |
[18:20] | A prince in disguise. | 是王子假扮的 |
[18:23] | That’s when you pull me off my unicorn. | 然后你把我从独角兽上拉下来 |
[18:26] | You tear away my gossamer petticoats, | 把我单薄的衬裙撕破 |
[18:29] | and you put your schooner deep inside my RebeCCa. | 将你的帆船直挺挺地 插入我的蕾贝佳 |
[18:36] | Now you. where are you? | 换你了,你在哪里? |
[18:40] | I’m in hell. | 我在地狱 |
[18:42] | I’m sorry, charlotte. I can’t do this. | 抱歉,夏绿蒂,我办不到 |
[18:46] | – i’m a respected surgeon. I can’t. – yes, you can. I know you can. | -我是有名望的外科医生 -我知道你可以的 |
[18:52] | We’ve deait with this for weeks. i’m not that sexual a person. | 我们已经努力了好几个礼拜 请接受我没什么性欲 |
[18:57] | But we love each other and… | 但是我们深爱彼此… |
[19:02] | we’re married now. | 而且结婚了 |
[19:04] | RebeCCa and schooner belong together. | 蕾贝佳和帆船属于彼此 |
[19:07] | They need each other. please. | 他们需要彼此 |
[19:09] | You are a fairy princess. | 你是妖精公主 |
[19:12] | I don’t deserve you. i’m sorry. | 我配不上你,抱歉 |
[19:16] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:27] | That night, wade and I had our first sleep-over, at my place. | 那一晚,在我的公寓 维德第一次跟我过夜 |
[19:31] | I finally figured out what made power lad so powerful. | 我终于知道强力小子 为什么这么强了 |
[19:34] | He had the soul of a teenage boy in the body of a very grown-up man. | 他十几岁的灵魂住在 成熟男人的身躯里 |
[19:39] | The machine will get it. | 答录机会接 |
[19:41] | ‘hi. leave a message.’ | 你好,请留言 |
[19:44] | ‘hi, carrie. this is mrs. adams, wade’s mother. | 凯莉,我是亚当太太 维德的妈妈 |
[19:50] | ‘how are you?’ | 你好吗? |
[19:51] | – oh, my god. – ‘sorry to bother you.’ | -我的天 -抱歉打扰你了 |
[19:54] | ‘we never heard from wade about whether he fed the dog his medicine. | 维德没有告诉我们 他喂狗吃药了没 |
[20:00] | ‘wade’s father was just about to give it to the dog, | 维德的爸爸要喂狗吃药 |
[20:04] | ‘but if he’s already had it, that would be bad. | 但要是维德已经喂过了 对狗狗不好 |
[20:09] | ‘lf you speak to wade, please tell him, | 要是你有跟维德联络 请转告他 |
[20:13] | ‘l won’t go to bed until I hear from him.’ | 在他跟我联络之前我都不会睡 |
[20:16] | Yes, mom, I gave the dog his medicine. | 妈,我喂狗吃过药了 |
[20:20] | No, mom, i’m not mad, I just… | 妈,我没有生气,只是… |
[20:23] | I told you not to call me here. | 我叫你不要打到这里来 |
[20:27] | Don’t call me here. | 不要打电话到这里找我 |
[20:30] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[20:35] | – she wants to talk to you. – what? | -她要跟你说话 -什么? |
[20:47] | Hi, mrs. adams. how are you? | 亚当太太,你好吗? |
[20:50] | Several blocks south, charlotte’s night was interrupted too – | 几个街区外,夏绿蒂在夜晚 |
[20:54] | by odd noises coming from her bathroom. | 被浴室传来的怪声吵醒 |
[21:09] | Charlotte felt terrible. she hadn’t meant to make trey cry. | 夏绿蒂很内疚 她不想害崔难过地哭 |
[21:21] | Honey? | 老公? |
[21:46] | – he said he wasn’t a sexual person. – it wasn’t sexual. | -他说他没什么性欲 -那不是性欲 |
[21:50] | It was tension release. it helps me sleep. | 只是抒解压力,帮助我入睡 |
[21:52] | I understand. this may be difficult, trey, | 我了解 崔,这可能很难以启齿 |
[21:57] | but I want you to tell me specifically which magazine you were using. | 不过请你告诉我 你看的是哪一本杂志? |
[22:05] | ”juggs”. | “奶子” |
[22:07] | All right. we can try and see this as a positive thing. | 我们可以往光明的一面想 |
[22:12] | How?. how is this a positive thing? | 这怎么会是光明的一面? |
[22:15] | Trey was masturbating to juggs. at least we know he isn’t gay. | 崔对着“奶子”手淫 至少他不是同性恋 |
[22:22] | ExCuse me, what exactly is the problem here? | 抱歉,这到底有什么问题? |
[22:26] | It was tension release, it had nothing to do with my wife. | 我只是藉着杂志发泄压力 跟我妻子有什么关系? |
[22:30] | Interesting ChoiCe of words, trey. | 崔,你的措辞很有趣 |
[22:33] | Maybe that’s the problem. | 或许问题就在这里 |
[22:36] | We have to find a way to integrate your wife into your sexual routine. | 我们得想办法将你妻子 融入你的性生活中 |
[22:44] | How are we supposed to do that? | 我们应该怎么做? |
[22:47] | Charlotte had no idea. | 夏绿蒂一点办法也没有 |
[22:49] | She wished they were 13, before sex had made everything so CompliCated. | 她希望他们只有十三岁 性还未将一切复杂化 |
[22:54] | When holding hands and a kiss would have been all she needed. | 她需要的只是牵手亲吻 |
[22:59] | To pierce the corporate veil, the courts look at five factors – | 为了戳破法人组织的面纱 法院关注五个因素 |
[23:03] | whether the subsidiary is wholly-owned or… | 不论辅助者是自营的还是… |
[23:08] | The 13-year-old girl inside miranda wanted to disappear, | 米兰达心中的十三岁小女生 想马上消失 |
[23:12] | but the 34-year-old partner in this firm decided she wasn’t going anywhere. | 但三十四岁的事务所合伙人 决定力争到底 |
[23:17] | You think i’m funny? you think it’s hilarious that I have braces? | 你们觉得我很可笑? 觉得戴牙套很丑? |
[23:22] | Let’s take a moment and have a good laugh. | 我们休息一下让你们笑个够 |
[23:25] | Let’s get it out of our systems so we can work like adults. | 我们把事情解决 然后像大人一样地做事 |
[23:29] | We were laughing at the typo on page three. | 我们在笑第三页的错字 |
[23:34] | Miranda decided that TMJ was less painful than a second adolescence. | 米兰达不想再一次经历 青春期的痛苦 |
[23:40] | The next day, she had her braces removed | 隔天,她就去把牙套取下了 |
[23:43] | and resumed her life as a 34-year-old tongue-thruster. | 重新回到三十四岁的 舌头前推患者 |
[23:46] | Trey resumed his own brand of thrusting | 崔依然继续使用自己的老方法 |
[23:49] | and discovered that tension release could be a turn-on. | 并发现发泄情绪 也可以是一种刺激 |
[24:01] | Charlotte discovered a way to include herself in trey’s sex life. | 夏绿蒂找到方法 将自己融入崔的性生活 |
[24:09] | And she figured out what to do with those proofs not suitable for framing. | 她将剩下来的婚礼照片 |
[24:14] | The following weekend at the brier bar mitzvah party… | 物尽其用 隔周在布莱尔的成年派对上… |
[24:18] | I’m not sure if I have your name. let’s see, goldman, Goldstein… | 我不确定有没有你的名字 古曼,古斯坦… |
[24:23] | I don’t see it. | 我没有看到 |
[24:25] | I’m sure i’m on the list. | 我确定我有在名单上 |
[24:41] | I can’t believe you still have actual albums. | 真不敢相信你还保有 真正的唱片 |
[24:45] | oh my god, styx. I love styx. | 我的天,我好爱“冥河” |
[24:50] | – I had this album. – I loved ”renegade”. hated ”babe”. | -我也有这张唱片 -“叛国者”好, “宝贝”烂 |
[24:56] | – how do you have this? – are you kidding? this is a classic. | -你怎么会有这些? -开什么玩笑?这些是经典 |
[25:01] | This song is me driving my parents’ oldsmobile without them knowing. | 我以前总是听着这首歌 偷开我爸妈的车 |
[25:06] | – you know what would go with this? – roller skates? | -你知道现在做什么最好吗? -溜冰? |
[25:09] | No. | 不对 |
[25:11] | Canadian super grass. | 加拿大超级大麻 |
[25:13] | Six times stronger than pot and 400 bucks an ounce. | 比一般大麻强六倍 一盎司就要四百块美金 |
[25:16] | It was obvious wade was in no hurry to save up for his own apartment. | 这就是维德不急着 买公寓的原因 |
[25:22] | – and what is that? – my bong. I made it. | -这又是什么? -自制的大麻烟斗 |
[25:26] | – at camp TaKatoka. – i’m sorry, camp TaKatoka? | -在大麻营 -你说什么营? |
[25:33] | I hadn’t smoked pot out of a bong since my eighth-grade boyfriend | 我最后一次抽自制烟斗 是八年级的时候 |
[25:37] | made one out of tin foil, a blc pen, and a bottle of pepsi light. | 我男朋友用锡箔纸,原子笔 和一罐妈妈的汽水瓶做的 |
[25:42] | I didn’t even know if i’d remember how. | 我已经忘了要怎么抽了 |
[25:45] | Turns out it was like riding a biKe… a ten speed. | 之后的感觉就像… 以十倍速骑脚踏车 |
[25:51] | Back at the bar mitzvah bash, | 回到成年仪式派对现场 |
[25:53] | Samantha heard some girl-talK not suitable for little ladies. | 莎曼珊听到小女生超龄的谈话 |
[25:57] | I’m gonna fuck at least three of those NSYNC guys after the after party. | 派对结束后,我至少要跟 三个超级男孩成员上床 |
[26:00] | The other two are gay. | 其他两个是同性恋 |
[26:02] | I’d fuck them and their gay boyfriends. | 我会跟他们 和他们的男朋友上床 |
[26:07] | Aren’t you a little young for that kind of talk? | 你们这么年轻 不应该讲这种话吧? |
[26:11] | I’m serious. you have your whole lives to talk that way. | 说正经的 你们有大半辈子会像这样说话 |
[26:15] | Enjoy being children, at least until you turn 15, and start having sex. | 你们应该享受童年 至少等到十五岁再有性行为 |
[26:20] | – i’ve given blow jobs since twelve. – really? | -我十二岁就帮人口交了 -真的? |
[26:25] | – it’s the only way guys will like you. – that isn’t true. | -唯有如此男生才会喜欢你 -才不是这样 |
[26:28] | talk to the hand, grandma. | 祖母,跟我的手说话吧 |
[26:31] | Samantha had resented jenny brier because of everything she had. | 莎曼珊因为珍妮拥有的一切 而憎恨她 |
[26:36] | But then she realized, she’d had something | 但是她突然领悟到 再多的钱也买不到 |
[26:38] | that no amount of money could buy – a childhood. | 她拥有的童年 |
[26:42] | Suddenly, the dairy queen wasn’t looking so bad. | 突然间 在乳制品店打工也没有那么糟 |
[26:53] | I’m thirsty. | 我好渴 |
[26:56] | There’s bong water. | 大麻烟斗里面有水 |
[26:59] | Bong water! | 烟斗水! |
[27:18] | Hold this. | 拿着 |
[27:27] | What are you doing? that’s wet. | 你在做什么?都湿掉了 |
[27:37] | Attack of the spicy chicken wings. | 看我的辣鸡翅攻击 |
[27:42] | Shit! | 糟了 |
[27:46] | That looks like my parents’ car. | 好像是我父母的车子 |
[27:51] | oh, shit. | 不好了 |
[27:55] | – shit, shit, shit. – it’s ok. | -不好了… -没关系的 |
[27:58] | My parents said, if they caught me smoking pot again, | 我父母说要是再被 他们发现我抽大麻 |
[28:02] | – i’d have to sleep in the store. – wait. | -我就得睡在漫画店 -等一下 |
[28:05] | What? | 怎么了? |
[28:06] | If they see billions of chicken wings, | 要是他们看到这么多鸡翅 |
[28:09] | they’re gonna Know… | 也会知道 |
[28:13] | …we’ve been smoking pot. | 我们抽了大麻 |
[28:16] | Fuck the chicken wings. where did we put the fucking pot? | 去他的鸡翅 那该死的东西在哪里? |
[28:23] | You’re home. early. | 你们提早回来了 |
[28:30] | Is that marijuana I smell? | 这是大麻的味道吗? |
[28:33] | – no, ma’am. – god, no. | -不是的 -当然不是 |
[28:38] | Then what is this? | 那这是什么? |
[28:43] | We told you, if you ever brought marijuana into this house again… | 你父亲跟我告诫过你 要是你再将大麻带进家里… |
[28:48] | Carrie brought it. | 是凯莉带来的 |
[28:49] | I couldn’t believe it. power lad would never have ratted me out. | 我简直不敢相信 强力小子绝不会这样背叛我 |
[28:54] | Is that true, carrie? did you bring marijuana into this house? | 真的吗,凯莉? 大麻是你带来的? |
[28:58] | There comes a time when you have to take responsibility for yourself. | 有时候,你必须为自己负责 |
[29:03] | A time when I, like jenny brier, had to stand up and say to the world, | 我要像珍妮布莱尔一样 站出来向世界宣布 |
[29:08] | ”today, I am a woman.” | “从今天起我是女人了” |
[29:10] | Yes, mrs. adams, I brought the marijuana into the house. | 是的,亚当太太 大麻是我带来的 |
[29:16] | And i’m taking it with me when I go. | 我离开时会一起带走 |
[29:26] | oh, baby! | 好棒 |
[29:31] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[29:33] | In the end, I decided I was definitely 34 going on 35, | 最后 我认清自己即将迈入三十五 |
[29:37] | but in a city like new york with its pace and pressures, | 不过在纽约这样一个 忙碌沉重的城市 |
[29:41] | sometimes it’s important to have a 13-year-old moment, | 拥有像十三岁时的时光 是很重要的 |
[29:43] | to remember a simpler time when the best thing in life was hanging out, | 在这段单纯的时光里 最棒的事就是和朋友瞎混 |
[29:47] | Iistening to records, and having fun with friends – in your own apartment. | 听听唱片,在自己的公寓玩闹 |