时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | There is one day… | 有一天 |
[00:48] | even the most cynical New York woman dreams of all her life. | 连纽约最愤世嫉俗的女人 |
[00:52] | It’ll be fabulous. Everything white. White flowers, white tablecloths, white food. | 都能完成她一生的梦想 |
[00:57] | W-H-I-T-E. White. | 这一定会很棒,白色的花 桌巾跟食物,全都是白色的 |
[00:58] | She imagines what she’ll wear, the photographers, the toasts. | 她想像她要穿什么 此起彼落的闪光灯跟干杯声 |
[01:02] | Everybody’s celebrating the fact that she finally found a publisher. | 大家都在庆祝她找到了出版商 |
[01:08] | It’s her book-release party. | 这是她的新书发表派对 |
[01:10] | This is a sexy event, so don’t be afraid to use color. | 这是非常性感的活动 不要害怕使用各种颜色 |
[01:13] | I’m not afraid of anything. How about pink? | 我什么都不怕,粉红色好吗? |
[01:17] | Hot pink. | 火热的粉红色 |
[01:18] | Pink! | 粉红色 |
[01:22] | Isn’t it perfect? | -这真的很完美吧? |
[01:25] | -It’s huge. -Huge space, huge book. | -这个派对会非常盛大 宴会厅很大,书一定会很畅销 |
[01:28] | -Who’s coming? -Everyone. | -谁会来参加派对? -每个人都会来 |
[01:30] | -okay, this is cuckoo. -Guest list! | -这真的是太疯狂了 -宾客名单 |
[01:34] | When your career is going better than ever, it’s hard not to get a big head. | 当你的事业一飞冲天时 能不被冲昏头脑真的很难 |
[01:40] | Meanwhile, Miranda was back at the office… | 同时,米兰达开始上班了 |
[01:43] | and she was politically incorrectly happy to be there. | 她很高兴自己能恢复上班 |
[01:48] | I have Walker Lewis calling. | -渥克路易斯打电话找你 |
[01:51] | I’ll take that. | -我接 |
[01:52] | Miranda and Walker had shared one night of great sex B.C. | 米兰达跟渥克在她生孩子前 |
[01:56] | Before Child. | 有过很激烈的一夜情 |
[01:58] | -I’m so glad I wasn’t waiting for your call. -I’m so glad you remember me. | 我很高兴 |
[02:03] | -I remember you. -I remember you, too. | 我没有等你打电话给我 -我很高兴你记得我 |
[02:07] | I remember you naked. | -我记得你 我也记得你 |
[02:09] | So, how you been? What’s new with you? | 我记得你裸体的样子 你好吗? |
[02:13] | Nothing much. How about you? | -有什么新消息吗? -老样子,你呢? |
[02:15] | I was hoping to take you on a very belated second date. | 我希望再跟你约会 |
[02:18] | How about Thursday? | 星期四可以吗? |
[02:20] | She invited him to be her plus one at the book party… | 她邀请他参加新书发表派对 |
[02:22] | since she knew she’d be conveniently minus one. | 她知道她可以抛开拖油瓶 |
[02:25] | Magda had already agreed to baby-sit. | 梅格答应当保姆 |
[02:28] | Meanwhile, Charlotte was working on her perfect plus one.: | 夏绿蒂在跟她的完美男人交往 |
[02:32] | Justin Anderson lll. | 贾斯汀安德森三世 |
[02:36] | Thanks for another lovely lunch, and for walking me home. | 谢谢你请我吃午餐 又陪我走回家 |
[02:39] | My pleasure. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[02:44] | Justin was just in time… | 贾斯汀出现得正是时候 |
[02:47] | because Charlotte was finally ready for a new relationship. | 夏绿蒂终于准备好 接受一段新关系 |
[02:53] | -Good afternoon, Mrs. Collier. -Yes, it certainly was. | -午安,柯利尔太太 -是,的确是 |
[03:00] | -And she’s one of the friendly ones. -I think I’d better get back to work. | -她真的很友善 -我该回去上班了 好吧,再见 |
[03:08] | I was in a new relationship, too, with my publisher. | 我也跟我的出版商 展开了一段新关系 |
[03:11] | okay, bye-bye. | 好的,再见 |
[03:13] | I am so freaking excited about this party! Seriously, Carrie, we are so golden. | 我很期待这个派对 说真的,我们很受注目 |
[03:18] | People actually want to come to this book party. | 大家都想来参加新书发表派对 |
[03:21] | including GQ, which is actual straight men. | 康泰纳仕旗下所有人都想来 包括GQ,有些编辑是异性恋 |
[03:26] | Someone better kiss me at this thing. | 你们一定很佩服我 |
[03:28] | So, it’s not about selling books. It’s about finding you a boyfriend. | 重点不是卖书 而是帮自己找男朋友 |
[03:33] | Courtney…. I didn’t know you had somebody in here. I’m sorry. | 柯特妮,我不知道 你办公室里有人,抱歉 |
[03:37] | -What are you doing here? -Using the Xerox machine. | -杰克,你在做什么? -我来借用影印机 |
[03:39] | -You finished your second book? -No, my suicide note. | -第二本书写完了? -不,是我的自杀字条 |
[03:43] | -Would you like a Save the Date card? -Please. | -你要“快来约我”卡片吗? -谢谢你 |
[03:46] | You know each other? | -你们认识? -不 |
[03:48] | Carrie Bradshaw. Her book of essays comes out this week. | 凯莉布雷萧 她的新书这星期上市 |
[03:52] | Very exciting. | 真的太棒了 |
[03:53] | Jack Berger. We published his first book last year. | 杰克柏格 我们去年出版过他的第一本书 |
[03:57] | And your name is Berger? | 你姓柏格? |
[03:59] | Never heard of me. What does that say about your publicity department? | 她从来没听说过我 我觉得你们的宣传部有问题 |
[04:03] | -Not your primary market. -Because she’s not in my immediate family. | -我不是你的主力读者 -因为她不是你们的一分子 |
[04:07] | Jack wrote a hilarious comic novel that speaks to men… | 杰克出版了 针对男人设计的漫画小说 |
[04:10] | the same way your column speaks to women. | 就像你的女性专栏一样 |
[04:12] | Except men don’t buy hilarious comic novels. That’s the flaw in the plan. | 只不过男人不会买漫画小说 那是一大缺点 |
[04:15] | -What’s your book? -Half-off. That’s what it’s called now. | -你的书呢? -卖掉了一半,还算可以 |
[04:18] | It’s just half-off. Sometimes it’s 75 cents on a card table on Sixth Avenue. | 有时候在第六大道的卡片摊上 可以用七毛五分钱买到 |
[04:23] | -Next to the incense. -Exactly. | -就放在线香旁边 -没错 |
[04:25] | You two should talk, because he knows the whole deal: | 你们应该谈一谈,他是过来人 |
[04:28] | the party, the signings, the reading, the tour. | 他很了解派对,签名会 跟巡回演说的事 |
[04:34] | Minutes later, Jack Berger and I slowed down for a little fast food. | 几分钟后杰克柏格跟我 一起坐着吃速食 |
[04:38] | I’m not so much feeding them as I’m hitting them. | 我不是想喂它们 我只想打它们 |
[04:41] | -Yes, I see that. -”’Did the man have a little repressed anger? | 看得出来 男人是在压抑愤怒 |
[04:45] | ”’or did he just dislike pigeons?’ the woman wondered.” | 或是他不喜欢鸽子呢? -女人一直都很好奇 |
[04:48] | The woman is tripping over the term ”repressed.” | -女人一直都受困于 “压抑”这个字眼 |
[04:53] | I’m not really bitter. I’m just trying it on for size. | 我一点都不难过 我只是在试穿它 |
[04:56] | -I think it fits. -It’s a little tight in the crotch. | -我想它很适合 -真的吗?胯下有点紧 |
[05:01] | You’re saying ”crotch” to me? We just met. | 你跟我说“胯下”吗? 我们才刚刚认识 |
[05:06] | Long in the sleeve? | 袖子太长了吗? |
[05:09] | -Not as funny. -See that? It had to be ”crotch.” | -看起来不会 -看吧,一定是胯下的问题 |
[05:12] | How’s that strawberry shake? | -草莓奶昔好喝吗? |
[05:15] | It’s very tasty, thank you. | -非常好喝,谢谢你 |
[05:17] | I can’t believe that you ordered strawberry. Who orders strawberry after the age of 1 1? | 我不敢相信你点了草莓奶昔 过了十一岁后 谁会喝草莓奶昔? |
[05:22] | You have so much to learn about women. | 你该多多学习了解女人 |
[05:25] | That’s what a few reviewers said. | 有些读者是那么说的 |
[05:29] | All right, what’s next? How long do I have you for? | 接下来呢?你还能陪我多久? |
[05:32] | -I don’t know. What else is on your agenda? -I gotta pick up some dry cleaning. | 我不知道 |
[05:36] | Would it be weird for you to come with me to pick it up? | 你今天还要做别的事吗? |
[05:39] | No. It would be weird for you to send me. | 我要去拿送洗的衣服 你觉得跟我一起去怪怪的吗? |
[05:41] | It’s a nice place. It’s right around the corner. Family joint. | 你要我去帮你拿衣服 才叫做怪怪的 |
[05:44] | They have an actual abacus. | 街角有家餐厅不错 适合全家人去,他们还有算盘 |
[05:58] | We were having one of those great first dates… | 我们的第一次约会非常美好 |
[06:00] | you can only have when it’s not an actual date. | 真正的约会 是不会发生这种事的 |
[06:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:14] | -What’s that? -It’s stupid. I collect found playing cards. | 那是什么? 这真的很蠢,我收集扑克牌 |
[06:17] | -They’re all over the city. -Really? I never noticed. | 到处可见扑克牌 |
[06:21] | Well, you will now. That’s how it works. | -真的吗?我没注意过 -你会注意的,这是我的目标 |
[06:25] | I’m hoping to get a full deck. insert the obvious joke here. | 我希望收集到完整的扑克牌 |
[06:29] | And I didn’t have a two of hearts. | 加入这张十一之后 我还差一张红心二 |
[06:33] | -It’s a good day. -Yes, it is. | -今天我很开心 -我也是 |
[06:41] | -Berger. -We’re on a last-name basis now? okay. | 柏格 -我们可以直呼对方的姓氏? |
[06:47] | Would you, by any chance… | -没错 柏格,你愿不愿意 |
[06:51] | want to be my plus one on Thursday? | 当我星期四的男伴? |
[06:55] | It’s my book party, and I don’t have a date… | 我要办新书发表派对 但我还没有男伴 |
[06:59] | and you’ll have the clean shirt and all. | 既然你的衬衫都洗干净了… |
[07:04] | I would love that… | 我很乐意 |
[07:05] | but my girlfriend’s parents are coming to visit, and they are staying with us. | 但我女朋友的父母要来看我们 他们要住我们家 |
[07:14] | It was like a bomb that just kept exploding: | 那就像是不断引爆的炸弹 |
[07:17] | ”I have a girlfriend. We live together. | 我有女朋友,我们住在一起 |
[07:21] | ”This whole flirtation’s in your head.” | 你一直想着你们的美妙互动 |
[07:24] | He should have mentioned her earlier. | -他应该早点提起她的 |
[07:26] | But not too early. I hate it when men do that. | -也不能太早,我讨厌那样子 |
[07:30] | ”I have a girlfriend.” Calm down. I just asked if that seat was taken. | “我有女朋友” 我只是想问那位子有没有人坐 |
[07:33] | -That guy’s a jerk. -Thing is, I don’t think he is. | -那家伙是个混蛋 -我不那么认为 |
[07:37] | I sparked with this person. I never spark. | 我为这个男人心动 我从来没有心动过 |
[07:44] | I wonder how happy they are. | 我怀疑他们有多快乐 |
[07:48] | This is not a good side of me. | 那不是我的优点 |
[07:49] | Seriously, what’s the point of meeting someone like that if they’re not available? | 如果他们已经有伴了 何必麻烦呢? |
[07:53] | It’s the universe telling you they’re still out there. | 大家都说好男人真的存在 |
[07:56] | or telling you all the good ones are taken. | 我认为好男人全都有伴了 |
[07:58] | I’m telling you, all the good ones are coming to the party. | 所有的好男人都会来参加派对 |
[08:02] | What did he look like? | 他长什么样子? |
[08:04] | I can’t remember. | 我记不得了,我真的喜欢某人 |
[08:06] | Which is what happens when I really like someone. | 就会发生这种事 |
[08:09] | I just remember a feeling. | 我只记得他给我的感觉 |
[08:13] | or he was a dating mirage. I was so hungry for a spark, I hallucinated a man. | 或许我渴望心动的感觉 |
[08:17] | Stop. You’re the toast of the town. | 所以幻想出那个男人 别说了,你是全市的风云人物 |
[08:19] | Finish your salad, and I’ll treat you to a little mani-pedi-botox. | 快把沙拉吃完 |
[08:23] | You say that like everybody does it. | 我请你去打肉毒杆菌 -你的语气好像大家都会去打 |
[08:25] | -Everybody will. -I think I’d rather just crawl into bed. | -他们会的 |
[08:28] | Honey, a little perspective! | -我宁愿上床睡觉 -好好想一想 |
[08:30] | You have a fun, exciting, intellectually stimulating career… | 你的事业有趣刺激又知性 |
[08:34] | thrown in your honor. | 大家要为你办盛大的晚宴 |
[08:37] | -And I’ll be without a plus one. -I’ll be your plus one. | -但是我没有男伴 -我会陪你去的 |
[08:40] | He should have said ”we” something. ”We go to this dry cleaners.” | 他应该说“我们”的 我们要一起去干洗店 |
[08:45] | ”We might be breaking up soon.” | -我们可能很快就会分手 -我没告诉渥克我生了孩子 |
[08:48] | -I didn’t tell Walker I had a baby. -How could you not mention it? | -你怎么不说呢? -我找不到机会说 |
[08:51] | It didn’t come up. lf he’d asked me directly, ”Have you given birth recently?” | 如果他问起 “你最近生过孩子吗?” |
[08:56] | I would have said, ”First of all, define ‘recently.”’ | 我会说“当然” |
[08:59] | -You have to tell him. -I know. I will. | -你必须告诉他 -我会说的 |
[09:01] | I just don’t want it to change everything. | 我不希望他改变我的生活 |
[09:03] | If I didn’t have a baby, this is a guy I’d be dating. | 我没有孩子的话,我们会约会 |
[09:06] | If Carrie’s guy didn’t have a girlfriend, then he’s a guy she’d be dating… | 如果凯莉的男人没有女朋友 她会跟他约会 |
[09:10] | -but he does. -Thanks for bringing that up again. | -但他有女朋友 -谢谢你又提起这件事 |
[09:15] | In New York, they say you’re always looking for a job, a boyfriend, or an apartment. | 在纽约你总是在找工作 男朋友跟公寓 |
[09:20] | So, let’s say you have two out of three, and they’re fabulous. | 就说你完成了三分之二的梦想 它们都很棒 |
[09:23] | Why do we let the one thing we don’t have… | 为什么要让我们无法拥有的事 |
[09:26] | affect how we feel about all the things we do have? | 影响我们对既有生活的感觉? |
[09:30] | Why does one minus a plus one feel like it adds up to zero? | 为什么少了另一半 感觉那么地空虚呢? |
[09:40] | Samantha didn’t need a man to make her feel positive… | 莎曼珊不需要男人来肯定她 |
[09:42] | but she did need a man to inject her forehead every so often. | 她需要男人 固定在她额头上打针 |
[09:46] | We like to warn our patients… | 我们会警告病人 |
[09:48] | that some people find it difficult to register emotion on their faces… | 有些人无法适应手术后的改变 |
[09:52] | after the injections. So you might have to say: | 打完针后 |
[09:56] | ”I am so angry.” | 他们的脸部会毫无表情 你会说“我非常生气” |
[09:58] | Miss Jones is familiar with the procedure. | 琼斯小姐很熟悉这项手术 |
[10:06] | New ones? | 她是新来的? |
[10:07] | Like most high-powered women, Samantha could handle the stress of her job… | 莎曼珊可以应付工作压力 |
[10:11] | but not the stress lines. | 却受不了皱纹 |
[10:13] | Before we do the botox, have you thought about a freshening chemical peel? | 在打肉毒杆菌前 你想做化学脱皮术吗? |
[10:18] | It takes 15 minutes, and it can make you look 10 to 20 years younger. | 只要花十五分钟 它让你看起来年轻十到二十岁 |
[10:25] | 15 minutes later, Samantha seemed to have it all… | 十五分钟后,莎曼珊真的… |
[10:31] | peeled off. | 脱皮了 |
[10:35] | There are times when a woman relishes being alone. | 有些时候女人能够享受寂寞 |
[10:37] | -There you go. -Thank you. | |
[10:41] | oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[10:42] | And those are the times you usually run into someone you don’t wanna see. | 通常因为你遇见 你不想见到的人 |
[10:46] | In my case, it was Enid, my editor at Vogue… | 我就遇到了伊妮德 时尚杂志的编辑也是一个人 |
[10:50] | also alone. | -凯莉 -你好 |
[10:57] | Enid. Hi. | 伊妮德 |
[11:02] | -How are you? -Good. | -你好吗? -我很好 |
[11:05] | -Are you meeting someone? -No, I’m just grabbing a quick bite. | -你跟别人有约吗? -我只是来吃饭 |
[11:10] | -Would you like to– -oh, no. Not if you’re working. | -你要不要… -不,我怕打扰你工作 |
[11:13] | It’s fine. I was just reading. | -我只是在看书 |
[11:16] | Hello! | -“哈” |
[11:18] | Hi. | -你好 |
[11:20] | -Hello! is what you’re– -oh, reading! | -我是指你在… -对了,我看的杂志 |
[11:25] | -So, do you really want company? -Sure. I just ordered. | -你真的要和我一起吃饭? 当然,我已经点菜了 |
[11:33] | I guess this way I can expense it. | 这样子我才能报帐 |
[11:36] | Right. | 对 |
[11:44] | Enid and I ran out of Vogue stuff to talk about midway through our salads. | 沙拉才吃完一半 我们就聊完了时尚杂志的话题 |
[11:49] | -Do you live in the neighborhood? -No. | -你住在附近吗? -不 |
[11:56] | But the man I’m seeing does. | -但跟我男朋友住在附近 |
[11:59] | So, there’s a man. | -你交了男朋友 |
[12:02] | Yes, there is a man. | -没错,我交了男朋友 |
[12:05] | That’s great. You have a wildly successful career and a relationship. | -那真是太棒了 你的事业成功,又有男朋友 |
[12:09] | I was worried we women… | 我很担心 |
[12:12] | only get one or the other, but you have it all. | 女人无法兼顾事业跟爱情 但你做到了 |
[12:21] | You gotta give me something here. I’m working my ass off. | 给我一些灵感 我真的是肠枯思竭 |
[12:25] | All right. To speak in magazine copy, yes, I have it all… | 说到杂志的专栏 |
[12:31] | on the East Side. | 我是个好题材,我住东区 |
[12:33] | He has someone else on the West Side. Luckily, the park provides a buffer. | 他在西区还有一个情人 |
[12:40] | You’re okay with that? | 中央公园是缓冲区 你接受这种事? |
[12:41] | Yes. I don’t have time for a full-time man. I have a full-time job. | 对,我没有时间照顾男人 我的工作很忙 |
[12:46] | That’s the key to having it all. | 那就是重点 |
[12:48] | Stop expecting it to look like what you thought it would look like. | 别期待爱情会像你想像的那样 |
[12:52] | That’s true of the fall lines, and it’s true of relationships. | 爱情跟男女关系 就是那么一回事 |
[12:57] | Her little tip earned Enid one invitation to my party. | 伊妮德的至理名言 让她获邀参加我的派对 |
[13:01] | That night, Charlotte let her perfect plus one have it all. | 那晚夏绿蒂让她的完美情人 占有了她 |
[13:23] | She even let him stay the night in her perfect pre-war apartment. | 她甚至让他 在她的完美公寓里过夜 |
[13:28] | oh, yes, I ordered breakfast. | -我订了早餐 |
[13:31] | You’re too good to be true. | -你真的是太体贴了 |
[13:39] | Unfortunately, Charlotte was about to get much more than she ordered. | 不幸的是送上门来的 不是夏绿蒂订好的早餐 |
[13:48] | -Is anybody home? -Yes. I am. | -有人在家吗? -我在家 |
[13:52] | -Hello, Charlotte. -Bunny, what are you doing here? | -你好,夏绿蒂 -邦妮,你来这里做什么? |
[13:55] | The question is, what are you doing here? | 问题是你在做什么? |
[13:58] | -I’m hearing things from the co-op board. -They’re spying on me? | 管理委员会告诉我一些事 他们在监视我? |
[14:03] | Mrs. Collier saw you kissing a male caller in the hall in the middle of the day. | 柯利尔太太说 你白天时在走廊上吻一个男人 |
[14:08] | I believe that kissing is allowed. | 我相信接吻应该不犯法 |
[14:10] | And Mrs. Pierce said a gentleman… | 皮尔斯太太说有个男人 |
[14:13] | we assume it was the same one, but who knows… | 我们猜应该是同一人,天知道 |
[14:16] | came home with you last night. And according to the doorman… | 他昨晚跟你一起回家 |
[14:21] | he hasn’t left yet. | 根据门房的说法 他还没有离开 |
[14:23] | -What I do with my life in my apartment– -That’s the thing, dear. | 我在我的公寓里怎么过生活… 那是你的问题 |
[14:27] | -It’s not your apartment. -Trey gave me this apartment. | 这不是你的公寓 -崔把这间公寓给了我 |
[14:31] | It’s not Trey’s to give. And this apartment remains in the MacDougal name… | -这由不得他决定 这间公寓是麦克道格家的财产 |
[14:35] | whereas you, Charlotte York, do not. | 至于你 夏绿蒂约克 不是麦克道格家的人 |
[14:40] | So, you see, it’s rather a sticky subject… | 这是个难题,更严重的是 |
[14:42] | made stickier by the fact that you’re still married. | 事实上你仍是有夫之妇 |
[14:47] | -You’re married? -I’m not married. I’m separated. | -你结婚了? -我没有结婚,我分居了 |
[14:51] | Aren’t you missing a pair of trousers? | 你忘了穿裤子吗? |
[14:55] | -You have to go. -Don’t you hustle me out, young lady. | -你必须离开 |
[14:59] | This is Chanel. | -别推我,这是香奈儿的套装 |
[15:02] | Charlotte discovered that a plus one, plus one ex-mother-in-Iaw… | 夏绿蒂发现当她的男伴 撞见了她的前婆婆 |
[15:06] | equals disaster. | 那表示一场大灾难要发生了 |
[15:09] | Meanwhile, I was manning Party Central. | 同时我打算 成为派对的焦点人物 |
[15:18] | Anthony is going to be my date to the party. | -你好 -安东尼是我的男伴 |
[15:20] | What happened to this perfect plus one we all had to meet? | 你的完美情人怎么了? |
[15:23] | -I don’t wanna talk about it. -Sweetie, what– | 我不想谈 |
[15:25] | That’s my call waiting. Hang on a sec. | 我有插播,你等我一下 |
[15:27] | No, I can’t. That’s the locksmith. Bunny’s back. | 不行,锁匠来了 邦妮她回来了 你好 |
[15:34] | -I’m definitely on the list, correct? -of course you’re on the list. | -我在你的宾客名单上吧? -当然 |
[15:38] | -Good, ’cause I’m bringing my boyfriend. -Yes, I heard. | -很好,我要带我男朋友去 -我听说了 |
[15:42] | I don’t want to seem like a nobody, now that I have a somebody. | 我不希望当无名小卒 现在我有伴了 |
[15:45] | It’s okay to be a nobody when you have nobody? | 没关系,你没伴的时候 就是无名小卒吗? |
[15:48] | Apparently, you’re nobody till somebody loves you. | 没有人爱你,你就是无名小卒 |
[15:50] | I can’t believe I used to like that song. It’s the co-dependent national anthem. | 我以前很喜欢那首歌 那像是我们的国歌 |
[15:54] | -Methinks someone’s a little jealy. -I just miss having you as my plus one. | 有人妒忌了 我很怀念你当我男伴的时光 |
[15:59] | The gay guy is the single gal’s safety net. | 男同性恋 是单身女郎最好的保护网 |
[16:02] | Even Charlotte has a gay plus one, and this is my big night. | 连夏绿蒂都有男同性恋男伴 这是我很重要的一晚 |
[16:05] | -Her little boy bitch Anthony is coming? -Yes, he’s coming. He styled the event. | -她的烂朋友安东尼也会去? |
[16:10] | Good. I’m glad he’ll be there. | -对,他是派对的负责人 我很高兴,他带女伴参加派对 |
[16:12] | ‘Cause he’s bringing a woman, and I have it all. | 我带的是男伴 |
[16:16] | -I have a call. See you tonight. -okay, ciao. | -我有插播,今晚见 -再见 |
[16:19] | -Hello? -Honey, I’ve had a little something done… | -你好 -我做了一个小手术 |
[16:23] | and it’s not as bad as yesterday… | 已经没有昨天糟糕了,但是… |
[16:29] | but I’ve looked better. | 我看起来好多了 |
[16:33] | I’m not sure I should go to the party. | -我想我不该去参加派对 |
[16:36] | You have to. You’re my publicist. Thanks to you, there’s going to be 8,000 people there. | -你非去不可,你是我的宣传 因为你,有八千人会到场 |
[16:40] | I would like to see at least one familiar face. | 我希望我的朋友能在场支持我 |
[16:45] | I need you. I can’t talk to the press. | -那个… -我需要你,我无法应付媒体 |
[16:47] | I can’t keep everyone straight. | 我没办法让大家保持清醒 |
[16:50] | And you said you’d be my plus one. | 你说过你会陪我的 |
[16:54] | All right. Don’t worry about a thing. | 好吧,别担心,我会出席的 |
[16:57] | -I’ll be there. -okay. Thank you. | 太好了,谢谢你 |
[17:15] | The party was one of those amazing events that would definitely end up on page 6. | 这派对将会是大家的话题 |
[17:20] | The fact that it was my party was just icing on the beautiful little cakes… | 事实上我的派对 有漂亮的小蛋糕 |
[17:25] | that were being passed around by beautiful little waiters. | 还有漂亮的服务生穿梭其中 |
[17:29] | Congratulations! Carrie, one more! | 凯莉布雷萧,看这边 |
[17:33] | Carrie, right here! | 再来一张 太棒了,看这边 |
[17:40] | oh, my God, Carrie! | 天啊,凯莉 |
[17:46] | Can you believe this? | -再来一张 -你能相信吗? |
[17:47] | Is it a bad thing if the party is better than the book? | 如果派对抢走了书的风头 那是件坏事吗? |
[17:50] | I’ve been turning people away. Not the straight men, of course. | 我一直在拒绝每一个人 这里没有异性恋男人 |
[17:53] | Have you seen Samantha? Vanity Fair doesn’t have a table. | 你看到莎曼珊了吗? “浮华世界”没有位子 |
[17:57] | Not your problem. Enjoy. | 那不是你的问题,好好玩吧 |
[18:00] | Cute guy. | 大帅哥 你好 |
[18:05] | Hello, Carrie. I’m Harold Keenan of The New Yorker. | 你好,凯莉 我是“纽约客”的哈洛德奇南 |
[18:08] | I’ve been following your career. Let me just say congratulations. | 我一直都很注意你,恭喜你 |
[18:12] | Carrie, I’m here! | 凯莉,我在这里 |
[18:18] | You look amazing. | 你看起来棒呆了 |
[18:21] | Harold Keenan from The New Yorker. This is Samantha Jones, bee-keeper. | “纽约客”的哈洛德奇南 这位是我的宣传莎曼珊琼斯 |
[18:26] | What are you doing under there? Talk to the man. Let him see your face. | 你在做什么?快跟他说话 让他看看你的脸 |
[18:34] | There she was. My plus one. Minus one layer of skin. | 我的另一半脱了一层皮 |
[18:38] | Hi, I’ve had a chemical peel. I’m Carrie’s publicist. | 你好,我做了化学脱皮术 我是凯莉的宣传 |
[18:47] | Could you at least separate the two thoughts… | 你不能把化学脱皮术 |
[18:49] | chemical peel, Carrie’s publicist? Why did you do this? | 跟凯莉的宣传分开来说吗? |
[18:52] | It was an impulse purchase. | -你为什么要这么做? -我被医生强迫推销 |
[18:54] | Gum is an impulse purchase. This is more than gum. | 你被强迫推销时只能买口香糖 这要比买口香糖严重多了 |
[18:58] | I wanted to be super-fresh for the party. | 我希望在派对上 表现出最迷人的一面 |
[19:00] | Well, you are. You look like Beef Carpaccio. Veil down, I think. | 你看起来跟生腌牛肉差不多 快把面纱放下 |
[19:03] | No. lf you knew how many dinner parties I’ve sat through across from one of these. | 你应该知道有多少晚宴 |
[19:07] | -And you were able to eat? -I’m entitled to a chemical peel. | -我都是戴着面纱出席 -你能吃东西吗? |
[19:13] | Wait! No! The hat was good! | -我做了化学脱皮术 -等一下,那顶帽子很漂亮 |
[19:15] | Women shouldn’t have to hide in the shadows… | 女人不应该隐瞒 |
[19:17] | because they’ve had cosmetic surgery, which society nearly demands of them. | 因为她们因应社会的要求 做整容手术 |
[19:21] | Make that political statement elsewhere. This is my party, and you’re scaring people. | 到别的地方说吧 这是我的派对,你吓坏了客人 -凯莉 |
[19:28] | -I’ve had a chemical peel. -And she’s not afraid to say it. | -你好 -我做了化学脱皮术 -她勇于承认事实 |
[19:31] | When I had my nose job, I stayed in for a month. | 我隆鼻时在家里待了一个月 |
[19:37] | Excuse us. We have to go find Charlotte and her tiny little friend. | 对不起,我们得去找夏绿蒂 跟她的小朋友 |
[19:42] | We were just getting to know each other. I was planning on telling him. | 我们认识彼此 我一定要告诉他 |
[19:45] | You can wrap it up in a Tiffany bow, but the point is you wanted to get laid first. | 用蒂芬妮的盒子把它包好 你想先上床 |
[19:51] | -Charlotte, hello. -Hi, Stanford. You remember Anthony. | -夏绿蒂,你好 -史丹佛,还记得安东尼吗? |
[19:58] | You tried to fix us up at the fashion show. I didn’t know he’d be here. | 安东尼…当然记得 你想帮我们做服装秀 我不知道你也会来 |
[20:02] | This is Marcus, my boyfriend. | -他是我的男朋友马可斯 |
[20:05] | Really? How long you two been going together? | -你们在一起多久了? |
[20:08] | Four months. | 四个月 |
[20:10] | Four whole months. Good luck to you. | 已经四个月了,祝你好运 |
[20:13] | We don’t need luck. We’re in love. | 我们不需要好运 我们彼此相爱 |
[20:17] | Shrimp! | 虾子 |
[20:19] | For some people, having it all is not enough. | 对某些人来说拥有还是不够的 |
[20:22] | They need someone who missed out on it all to be jealous. | 他们需要看到别人的嫉妒 |
[20:26] | We’re getting a house in the Hamptons. | 我们要在汉普顿买房子 |
[20:27] | Friggin’ coconut shrimp! What do you do with the tails? Mr. Shrimpy! | 该死的虾子 |
[20:32] | And he has a large penis! | 你对它们的尾巴做了什么事? -虾子先生 |
[20:37] | Where in the Hamptons? | -他的老二很大 汉普顿的哪个地方? |
[20:40] | From a pair of queens to a hand still not shown…. | 我的王牌还没出现 |
[20:49] | Maybe you and I should go somewhere a little less crowded. | 也许我们该到人比较少的地方 |
[20:53] | -Like…. -Anywhere in Manhattan? | 像是… 曼哈顿的某个地方 |
[20:57] | -Your apartment? -Yes, but… | -你家呢? |
[21:03] | first I have to tell you something. | -没问题 但我要先告诉你一件事 |
[21:06] | -There’s someone else. -Sort of. | -你有别人了 -可以那么说 |
[21:10] | I had a baby. | 我生了一个孩子 |
[21:15] | But I’m still allowed to have sex. | 但我还是可以做爱 |
[21:20] | Is it…mine? | 是我的孩子吗? |
[21:25] | The guy’s a friend who I accidentally slept with. | 不,他爸爸是我的朋友 我们不小心上了床 |
[21:33] | -I’m not good with kids. -Neither am I. | -我不是喜欢孩子的人 -我也是 |
[21:38] | Months from now, if we’re still together, we’ll figure this out. | 如果以后我们还在一起 我们会想出解决的方法 |
[21:42] | But for now, it’s just us… | 现在只要想着你跟我 |
[21:47] | and I’m still the same person. | 我还是跟以前一样,所以… |
[21:50] | Let’s go screw our brains out. | 让我们疯狂地做爱吧 |
[22:06] | That feels amazing! | 我觉得好奇怪 |
[22:09] | -You sure we won’t wake him? -He’s fine. | -你确定我们不会吵醒他? -他没事,别管他 |
[22:15] | Miranda was trying to prove she could still do it all.: | 米兰达想证明她还是能做爱 |
[22:18] | Bring home the bacon, bring home the baby, and bring home an orgasm. | 她把男人带回有孩子的家里 想要跟他做爱达到高潮 |
[22:25] | Don’t stop. | 别停 |
[22:33] | Mommy’s coming! | 妈妈来了 |
[22:38] | I don’t think I can do this. | 我想我做不到 |
[22:40] | -I told you. I’m not a baby guy. -Couldn’t I just please come first? | 我说过我不喜欢孩子 让我先来好吗? |
[23:01] | oh, so now you stop crying. | 现在你可不哭了 |
[23:14] | So, here we are. | 好了,只剩下我们 |
[23:18] | The night of my big party, Miranda finally gave in to her little party… | 我办派对的那晚 米兰达终于跟现实妥协 |
[23:23] | because she wasn’t the same person. She was plus one. | 她不再是以前那个米兰达 她有伴了 |
[23:35] | So, a book! Does anybody read books anymore? | 书?现在还有人看书吗? |
[23:38] | Actually, I think books are coming back. | 看书的风潮再度流行 你可以在公车广告上看到我 |
[23:40] | You can quote me on the side of a bus if you want: ”Books are back.” lsaac Mizrahi. | “看书的风潮再度流行” 艾赛克米兹拉希 |
[23:44] | okay, I’ll remember that. | -我会记住的 |
[23:46] | Meet me. | -来找我 |
[23:47] | -Perfect party, Carrie. Congratulations. -Worth coming downtown for? | -派对很棒,恭喜你 |
[23:53] | Was that a yes or a no? | -值得你赶到城里来? |
[23:56] | Last one. Thank you. | 是或不是? 是最后一件,谢谢你 |
[24:02] | As I looked around, I thought, ”Who needs a date?” | 我环顾四周 心想谁需要伴呢? |
[24:05] | I can have my cake and eat it, too. | 我可以自己拿蛋糕,把它吃掉 |
[24:10] | Then suddenly, there he was… | 突然间… |
[24:13] | looking cuter than I remembered and minus one girlfriend. | 他来了,比我印象中还可爱 他没带女朋友来 |
[24:19] | Hey, lady of the hour. You’re hard to get to. | 今晚的女主角 |
[24:23] | So’s the dessert tray, when it’s your party. | -你真的很难找 -装点心的盘子也一样 |
[24:25] | Just as a point of reference… | 比较起我的新书发表派对 |
[24:27] | my book party could have fit in the coat check of your party. | 我只是你帐单上的小零头 |
[24:30] | -400 of my closest acquaintances. -You look great. | 我只请了跟我很熟的四百个人 你看起来很漂亮 |
[24:36] | -I thought you couldn’t make it. -I had to come by, say congratulations. | -我还以为你不会来 -我必须来跟你说声恭喜 |
[24:45] | Thanks for coming, Berger. | 谢谢你赶过来,柏格 是 |
[24:50] | All right. Good luck with the book and everything. | 好吧 祝你的书大卖 也祝你一切顺心 |
[24:56] | You, too. | 你也一样 |
[25:10] | -Was that the spark guy? -Yes, it was. Jack Berger. | 他就是让你心动的男人吗? |
[25:14] | -All by his lonesome. -He is awfully cute. | -没错,杰克柏格,他有伴了 -他真的很可爱 |
[25:18] | Is he? I forgot again. | 是吗?我又忘了 |
[25:20] | He’s obviously here because he felt something, too. | 他会来这里 一定是因为他也有感觉 |
[25:24] | Can you call me from a cab and tell me that? | 你能从计程车里打电话 告诉我这件事吗? |
[25:26] | I love you, but your face…. | 我爱你,但你的脸… |
[25:29] | I know. The caterer just shooed me away from the buffet. | 服务生不准我接近餐台 |
[25:33] | -Do you mind if I go home? -I thought you’d never ask! | 你不介意我先告退吧? 我还以为你不想回家了 |
[25:37] | Thank you for being here. | 谢谢你赶过来 |
[25:39] | Honey, I wouldn’t have gone out in public like this for anyone but you. | 我可是为了你 才愿意这样公开露面 |
[25:44] | I know. And I have to live with that. | 我知道,我必须忍受这一点 -再见 -再见 |
[25:55] | I might go, too. My plus one dumped me for a shrimp waiter. | 我也该走了,我的男伴 为了端虾子的服务生抛弃我 |
[25:59] | I’d love to leave, but I have to stay. | 我也想离开 但我非留下来不可 |
[26:01] | I’m like the ice sculpture the party’s supposed to happen around. | 我像是派对里一定要有的冰雕 |
[26:09] | I had to let him go, correct? | 我也该忘了他,对吧? |
[26:12] | I just wish he’d told me right up front. | 我希望他一开始就告诉我 |
[26:16] | The thing is, there’s some things people don’t admit… | 有些事人们不愿意承认 |
[26:19] | because they just don’t like the way it sounds. | 因为… 他们不喜欢那些事引发的气氛 |
[26:24] | -Like, ”I’m getting divorced.” -I’m lonely. | 像是“我离婚了” 我很寂寞 |
[26:28] | I am. | 真的 |
[26:31] | The loneliness is palpable. | 寂寞是可以了解的 |
[26:36] | -Don’t tell me you invited Cliff. -Cliff who? | -你没告诉我你邀请了克利夫 |
[26:40] | My Cliff. He’s with her. | -哪个克利夫? -我的克利夫,他跟她一起来 |
[26:43] | That’s him? Cliff from Primetime Stories? | -就是他? |
[26:46] | Don’t make a scene! | -热门体育的克利夫布利根? -别大声嚷嚷 |
[26:48] | -Is this her side of town? -We’re below Houston! | -这里是她的地盘 -我们在休斯顿街以南 |
[26:51] | East Side, West Side, who the hell knows down here? | 东区,西区 |
[26:54] | I am so angry. | 谁知道这里是哪里?我好生气 |
[26:57] | As it turns out… | 连最理智的女人 |
[26:59] | even the most together-woman can’t keep it together when it comes to love. | 遇到爱情也无法保持理智 |
[27:03] | -Who was that? -My role model. | -她是谁? -我的偶像 |
[27:06] | Because just below the surface, we’re all raw and exposed. | 在心里我们仍是有血有肉的人 -好吧 -再见 |
[27:27] | So, what was the party for? | 这个派对是为谁办的? |
[27:32] | -Me. I have a book coming out. -You wrote a book! | 为了我,我要出书了 |
[27:37] | It’s just a collection of my…. | -你写了一本书? -那只是收集了我的… |
[27:41] | -Yes, I wrote a book. -That’s amazing! Congratulations. | -对,我写了一本书 -太棒了,恭喜你 |
[27:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:48] | It was kind of amazing. | 这真的是很棒 |
[27:50] | Why did I need a stranger to remind me of that? | 为什么我需要陌生人提醒我? |
[27:53] | -Where can I take you? -Home. 73rd and– | -你要到哪里去? -我要回家,就在73街跟… |
[27:57] | No, we have to celebrate this. | 不,我们得好好庆祝一下 |
[28:07] | Come on, rapido, Papi. | -我想告诉他 |
[28:08] | -I want to tell him. -oh, no, I don’t– | -不,我不想… |
[28:11] | -She wrote a book. -No kidding! Congratulations. | -她写了一本书 -不会吧?恭喜你 |
[28:14] | Gonna be in the bookstores and everything? That’s great. | -书快要上市了 -对 |
[28:16] | If that’s the case, then tonight, the hot dogs are on me. | 真的是那样的话 热狗算我请客 |
[28:19] | -You don’t have to– -The dogs are on me. I insist. | -不,你不必… -我坚持 |
[28:23] | -Thanks. -Sure. Have a nice weekend. | -谢谢 -祝你有个愉快的周末 |
[28:27] | All I could think was… | 我只想到谁需要柏格呢? |
[28:28] | who needs a Berger when you can get a fabulous hot dog for 75 cents… | 你可以用七毛五分钱 |
[28:33] | or free? | 甚至免费买到好吃的热狗 |
[28:40] | Then again, maybe there is something to knowing they’re out there. | 但或许有些事的发生 是想告诉你那个人真的存在 |