时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | Whether Elizabeth’s spies knew about the letter | 伊丽莎白[一世]的密探是否知道此信存在 |
[00:38] | is still a matter of much conjecture. | 仍只是猜测 |
[00:40] | Hello! | 你好啊 |
[00:42] | Where’s she been hiding? | 这美人之前都躲在哪呢 |
[00:44] | She’s not dead, Julian. | 她不是死人 朱利安 |
[00:46] | The good ones never are. | 佳人向来都活着 |
[00:47] | It’s just a costume. | 那只是戏服 |
[00:48] | They’re making a documentary – History’s Greatest Plots. | 他们在拍一部纪录片 叫《历史上的惊天阴谋》 |
[00:51] | Apparently, there was a coup planned here back in the day. | 据说当年曾在这里策划过政变 |
[00:53] | Hey, look, that wasn’t a coup, per se. | 那可不算政变 |
[00:56] | That was an informal discussion | 只是和几个议会同僚 |
[00:58] | with some parliamentary colleagues | 随便讨论了一下 |
[01:00] | about Maggie’s leadership style. | 玛吉[前首相撒切尔]的领导风格 |
[01:01] | – You know? – She’s not talking about the ’80s, mate. | -仅此而已 -她可不是在说80年代 |
[01:04] | – Look at her! – What plot she talk abutt? About? | -你看她的装扮 -她在说什么阴”毛” 谋 |
[01:07] | Dunno. That’s just what they told us. I thought you might know. | 不知道 他们只说了这么多 我还以为你知道 |
[01:11] | It’s possible | 有可能 |
[01:12] | Elizabeth’s forces simply happened upon the plotters… | 伊丽莎白的部下只是偶然发现了密谋者… |
[01:19] | One for the bloopers! | 可以放进花絮啦 |
[01:23] | ..Elizabeth’s forces simply happened upon the plotters… | 伊丽莎白的部下只是偶然发现了密谋者… |
[01:25] | What? | 干嘛 |
[01:27] | – Do you know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you laugh. – Yeah. | -话说 我好像从没见过你笑 -是啊 |
[01:31] | I asked the producer if they’ll name-check the house | 我问制作人他们会不会提到庄园的名字 |
[01:33] | and he just stared at me blankly, so… | 他只是呆呆地盯着我 |
[01:36] | That’s the producer over there, Mike. | 迈克 那边那个才是制作人 |
[01:38] | Oh. Well, then I asked some guy. | 那我问的就是另一个人 |
[01:40] | Er, do you mind? Some of us are trying to learn something here. | 能不能别吵 有人在学习 |
[01:44] | ..Regarded by many as a martyr, a mastermind, | …被许多人视为殉道者 幕后策划者 |
[01:47] | a hero, and perhaps the most important person ever | 英雄 或许还是这片土地有史以来 |
[01:51] | to have walked these grounds. | 最重要的人物 |
[01:52] | Is it me? Sounds like me. | 是我吗 听起来像是我 |
[01:54] | Which is why the history books echo with the name | 所以史书里回荡着此人的名字 |
[01:57] | Sir Humphrey Bone. | 汉弗莱·博恩爵士 |
[02:01] | Heavens! Why, I think she means… | 老天 我想她说的是… |
[02:11] | Oh, it’s fallen off again! | 脑袋又掉了 |
[02:13] | – Humphrey? – Where is he? | -汉弗莱 -他在哪呢 |
[02:37] | It’s just such an incredible place. | 这地方太不可思议了 |
[02:39] | You can almost hear the history echo from the walls. | 你几乎能听到这些墙壁轻诉历史 |
[02:42] | Yeah, it’s almost like… | 是啊 几乎可以说是 |
[02:42] | ..It doesn’t shut up! | 没有闭嘴的时候 |
[02:44] | And there’s a Stuart facade, | 拥有斯图亚特风格的外观 |
[02:46] | and the Dutch gable, and the… | 荷兰式屋顶 还有… |
[02:48] | High-end B&B? In the gatehouse, | 高端民宿 就在门房 |
[02:50] | opens next spring. Tell your friends. We could probably | 明年春天开业 告诉你的朋友 我们应该能 |
[02:52] | – do a discount… – We’re really, really lucky | -打个折 -我们真的很幸运 |
[02:54] | to have found – well, been given – this place. | 能找到… 我是说 被赠予这地方 |
[02:57] | Actually, we did wonder if you’d be up for talking about | 其实我们想问你是否愿意在节目上 |
[03:00] | your family connection to the house on camera. | 谈谈你家族和这庄园的渊源 |
[03:02] | Who? Me? | 谁 我吗 |
[03:04] | I-I-I-I… I’ve never been on camera. | 我…我没上过电视 |
[03:08] | Well, have a think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[03:11] | Yeah. She’ll think about it. | 嗯 她会考虑的 |
[03:13] | Are you mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[03:14] | – Context? – The interview. | -具体指哪件事 -采访啊 |
[03:16] | To make the gatehouse a guest house, we need ghosts. Guests. | 要把门房改建成旅馆 我们需要鬼…是住客 |
[03:18] | – And this is free publicity, so… – No, forget it. | -这可是免费宣传 -不 别想了 |
[03:21] | – I’m not going on telly. – Why? What are you so scared of? | -我不要上电视 -为什么 你到底怕什么 |
[03:23] | Going on telly! | 怕上电视啊 |
[03:25] | – Oh, you’d be great. – No! | -你会表现很好的 -才不会 |
[03:26] | The camera would love you. | 你一定很上镜 |
[03:27] | Just tell your story, name-drop the house, and… | 只需讲出你的故事 再不经意提到庄园名 |
[03:29] | ..Oh, you could wear a top with our logo on it. | 对了 你可以穿印有我们旅馆标志的上衣 |
[03:31] | We don’t have a top with our logo on it. | 我们并没有印了标志的上衣 |
[03:33] | Hmm. We don’t have a logo. | 我们连标志都没有 |
[03:35] | Hmm. I’ll call Obi. He’ll do us a quick logo. | 我打给欧比 他可以火速给我们设计一个 |
[03:38] | Bad moonah on the rise. | 升起了不祥之月 |
[03:41] | Dust cover sun. | 尘土蔽日 |
[03:44] | Birds fall. Crop fail. | 鸟儿坠落 庄稼枯萎 |
[03:47] | Something wicked this way come. | 有邪物正在靠近 |
[03:51] | Bitches? Bitches! | 狗崽子 狗崽子 |
[03:53] | – Oh, that explain it. – Anybody home? | -原来如此 -有人在家吗 |
[03:57] | Ah, Annabel! | 安娜贝尔 |
[03:58] | Alison. | 是艾莉森 |
[03:59] | – I was hoping I’d catch you. – Humphrey? | -我正希望能碰到你 -汉弗莱 |
[04:02] | Humphrey! Humphrey! | 汉弗莱 汉弗莱 |
[04:03] | Humphrey? Humphrey! | 汉弗莱 汉弗莱 |
[04:05] | – Humphrey! – Head bit? | -汉弗莱 -脑袋呢 |
[04:08] | – Humphrey? – I’m just saying, personally speaking, | -汉弗莱 -我想说 就我个人而言 |
[04:11] | I can’t remember ever seeing you properly laugh. | 不记得有见过你开怀大笑 |
[04:14] | That’s absolute nonsense. I laugh all the time. | 胡说 我明明经常笑 |
[04:16] | Why, only the other evening, Fanny and I were in stitches | 前几天晚上 我和范妮才因为回想起 |
[04:19] | while recalling the satirical skewering | 喜歌剧《日本天皇》里 |
[04:21] | of socio-political institutions in The Mikado. | 讽刺社会政治制度的梗而笑不可支 |
[04:24] | Isn’t that right, Fanny? The Mikado? | 对吧 范妮 《日本天皇》 |
[04:26] | Oh, hilarious skewering of socio-political institutions. | 你说讽刺社会政治制度的那些搞笑梗啊 |
[04:29] | – Hysterical. – Side-splitting. | -令人捧腹 -笑死人了 |
[04:30] | – Riotous. – Agreed. | -太逗了 -同意 |
[04:31] | I concur. So I hope that puts this matter to rest. Carry on. | 我赞同 希望这解答了你的疑虑 继续找 |
[04:37] | – Humphrey! – Head? | -汉弗莱 -脑袋 |
[04:37] | Humphrey? | 汉弗莱 |
[04:38] | Humphrey! | 汉弗莱 |
[04:39] | Neither of you laugh! | 你们俩都没笑啊 |
[04:41] | Found it! | 找到这玩意了 |
[04:42] | – Him! – Him, sorry. | -是”他” -他 抱歉 |
[04:45] | – You didn’t tell us you were famous. – Am I? Ooh, that’s nice. | -你没跟我们说过你很有名啊 -是吗 好棒 |
[04:49] | Am I a painter? | 我是画家吗 |
[04:50] | She means the plot, mate. The Catholic plot. | 她是指那场阴谋 天主教势力的阴谋 |
[04:53] | Oh, that. | 那个啊 |
[04:54] | You always said your death was just a misunderstanding. | 你一直说你的死只是一场误会 |
[04:57] | Well, in a way, yeah. | 是可以这么说 |
[04:58] | Certainly wasn’t, erm… straightforward. | 反正绝对不是那么地…直接 |
[05:01] | What, one chop? | 一刀砍头 |
[05:02] | Well, it sounds pretty straightforward to me, | 我觉得这死法够直接的了 |
[05:04] | but then I was burned alive, so… | 不过我是被活活烧死的 所以… |
[05:06] | All right, now, steady on, Mary. Steady. Steady. | 你冷静点 玛丽 这不是比赛 |
[05:08] | – Well… – I mean more that the circumstances were… | -我觉得… -我是指情况 |
[05:13] | ..Complicated. | 很复杂 |
[05:23] | I could tell you about it if you like. | 你们想听的话 我可以说 |
[05:24] | Well, if you wouldn’t mind. | 你不介意就最好了 |
[05:25] | – That would be wonderful, yes. – We’ve got all day. | -那可太棒了 -我们有的是时间 |
[05:27] | Well… | 其实… |
[05:31] | Yum! Yum, yum, yum, yum! | 美味 美味 美味 |
[05:35] | Ooh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:40] | Bon matin? | 早上好[法语] |
[05:41] | Did you sleep well? Er, dormir…bon? | 你睡得好吗 睡眠 好吗 |
[05:45] | Cos it gets quite draughty down your end of the, um… | 因为你那边有点漏风 |
[05:49] | Do you want a bit of brekkie? Boeuf? Bit of brekkie, Sophie? | 吃早餐吗 牛肉 早餐 苏菲 |
[05:53] | Oh, la la. | 天啊 |
[05:53] | Qu’est ce qu’il veut maintenant? | 他又想干什么 |
[05:56] | Erm, I was just wondering if there might be | 我想问 你有没有 |
[05:59] | something you might fancy doing. | 什么想做的事情 |
[06:02] | Not with me. Not with me. | 不是和我 不是和我 |
[06:04] | No, erm, I meant more for you. | 不是 我是说你自己 |
[06:06] | – Like a hobby. – Oh, c’est insupportable. | -比如什么兴趣爱好 -真是受不了了 |
[06:08] | Something that might make you a bit more… | 做什么事情能让你变得更… |
[06:10] | ..Joyeux? | 快乐 |
[06:13] | Uh, tapestry? Maybe? | 比如编织挂毯 |
[06:16] | Or you could learn some English? | 或者你可以学些英语 |
[06:18] | Or there’s archery, | 或是射箭 |
[06:20] | or you could learn a bit of English. | 或者你就学一点英语 |
[06:24] | It doesn’t matter, actually. | 当我没说 |
[06:28] | Livres. | 书籍[音似”出去”] |
[06:30] | Me leave? | 要我出去吗 |
[06:32] | – I live here. – Livres. | -可我住这里 -是书 |
[06:36] | Salon de lecture? | 阅览室 |
[06:42] | Oh, like a reading group! | 你是说读书小组 |
[06:44] | Yeah, great idea. You could use the chart room | 好主意 如果你愿意 |
[06:46] | up in my end if you wanted. | 你可以用我那边那间休息室 |
[06:51] | And maybe in winter, you could learn a bit of English. | 等到了冬天 或许你可以学一点英语 |
[06:55] | It is…ugly language. | 英语难听的语言 |
[07:02] | It is AN ugly language, but, yes, well done. | 英语”是”难听的语言 不过你说得很好 |
[07:04] | Very good. | 非常好 |
[07:08] | Humphrey? | 汉弗莱 |
[07:13] | Humphrey? | 汉弗莱 |
[07:15] | – Humphrey? – Sorry. | -汉弗莱 -抱歉 |
[07:17] | It’s not someone I’ve thought | 很久没有想起 |
[07:18] | – about in a very long… – What about jokes? | -这个人了 -我们来讲笑话吧 |
[07:20] | Do you like jokes? | 你们喜欢听笑话吗 |
[07:23] | Oh, I don’t think we ever lent you a champagne bucket, | 我们应该没借过香槟桶给你 |
[07:25] | cos, well, we don’t own a champagne bucket. | 因为我们根本没有香槟桶 |
[07:28] | Well, you do now. | 那你们现在有了 |
[07:30] | Oh, a film crew! | 摄制组 |
[07:31] | How surprising. | 真没想到 |
[07:33] | I’m surprised. | 我很意外 |
[07:34] | Though, now I think of it, I do remember Jan from the shop | 不过我刚刚想起来 商店的简 |
[07:38] | mentioning something about a documentary, was it? | 提起过要拍纪录片 是吧 |
[07:42] | Lucky I dropped by! | 幸好我正好来访 |
[07:44] | – I do feel lucky. – I imagine | -的确很”幸运” -我想 |
[07:46] | they could use a little local knowledge, | 他们可以加入本地人对房子的认识 |
[07:48] | fill in the gaps in their research. | 填补资料空白 |
[07:51] | I’m not sure that you… | 我不确定你… |
[07:52] | – Care what I say, or know my name. – Hello there! | -在意我说什么 或知道我叫什么 -你们好 |
[07:55] | Barclay Beg-Chetwynde, local landowner slash historian. | 我是巴克利·拜格-切特温德 本地地主兼历史学家 |
[08:00] | Urgh. He hasn’t changed, has he? | 他一点儿都没变 对吧 |
[08:02] | Arrogant, sleazy, and entirely self-serving. | 傲慢 卑鄙 彻头彻尾的自私鬼 |
[08:05] | Can you believe I used to associate with that type? | 你敢信吗 我以前竟和这种人来往 |
[08:10] | So I’ve done a lot of… | 我做过很多的… |
[08:13] | Hello. See that? | 瞧见没 |
[08:15] | I spy Harry Heart Attack. | 我发现他要心脏病发作了 |
[08:18] | Those three-bottle lunches finally catching up with him, eh? | 顿顿午饭三瓶酒的后果找上门来了 |
[08:24] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[08:26] | Alison! | 艾莉森 |
[08:28] | You have to get him out of here right now. | 你得立刻把他赶出去 |
[08:30] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[08:31] | Barclay is on the verge of a heart attack. | 巴克利要心脏病发作了 |
[08:33] | Trust me, I know the signs. | 相信我 我清楚发作的迹象 |
[08:34] | What if he carks it right there and doesn’t move on? | 万一他在这里暴毙 灵魂又离不开 |
[08:37] | We could be stuck with him forever. | 我们就要永远跟他困在一起了 |
[08:39] | – I think you’re getting a bit carried away. – Which means | -我觉得你太激动了 -那样的话 |
[08:41] | you could be stuck with him, too. | 你也会和他困在一起 |
[08:44] | Every day. | 日日为伴 |
[08:46] | For the rest of your life. | 一辈子都甩不掉 |
[08:47] | Oh, no. | 不行 |
[08:49] | Lovely strip of land at the end | 车道尽头那块漂亮的地 |
[08:51] | of the drive there once belonged to me. | 曾经也是属于我的 |
[08:56] | – No way. – OK, what about 4:30? | -不行 -那4点半行吗 |
[08:58] | – Can you do it by 4:30? – It’s not about the deadline. | -4点半前能做好吗 -问题不是几点能做好 |
[09:00] | I’m just not doing black text on a white T-shirt. | 而是我才不要在白T恤上印黑字 |
[09:04] | I’m an artiste. | 我可是艺术家 |
[09:05] | – What? – Would you ask Michelangelo | -什么 -你会叫米开朗基罗 |
[09:07] | to touch up your skirting boards? | 改造你的壁脚板吗 |
[09:08] | Depends on his prices. And if he could do it by 4:30. | 那要看他的报价 而且他4点半能做好 |
[09:11] | Here’s what I’ll do – custom vector logo, | 那我就这么做 定制矢量标志 |
[09:13] | three-colour digiprint on a high-weave cotton blend! | 在高织混纺棉上用三色数码打印 |
[09:17] | Sounds great. Thanks, man. Owe you one. | 听起来不错 谢了 兄弟 欠你个人情 |
[09:19] | And you’ll credit me on air, right? | 你会在节目里提到我的吧 |
[09:21] | I mean, if they ask about the top. | 如果他们问起上衣的话 |
[09:24] | Oh, they’ll ask about the top! | 他们会问起上衣的 |
[09:26] | That’s a fact! | 肯定会的 |
[09:28] | And the priest says, “I know! That’s why I painted it gold.” | 牧师说”我知道 所以我才把它刷成了金色” |
[09:35] | That is offensive to at least five different religions. | 这冒犯了至少五个宗教 |
[09:38] | There are only three in it. | 笑话里只提到了三个 |
[09:39] | Give over. It’s just a harmless bit of fun. | 好了啦 不过是个无伤大雅的玩笑 |
[09:41] | You haven’t heard me jumbo jet joke yet. | 你们还没听过我的喷气机笑话 |
[09:44] | There’s a nun, a gorilla and a paed… | 有一个修女 一只大猩猩和一个… |
[09:46] | Do you mind? I’m baring my soul here. | 不好意思 我正在敞开心扉聊过去 |
[09:49] | You’re making this very slow and painful. | 你害他说得断断续续 很痛苦 |
[09:51] | Unlike his execution. | 不像他的斩首处决那么痛快 |
[09:53] | Now, where was I? | 我刚才说到哪里了 |
[09:56] | Oh, yeah. | 想起来了 |
[09:57] | Book club. | 读书俱乐部 |
[10:00] | Bonjour. Good to, er, see you. Bonjour again. | 你好 很高兴见到你 你好 |
[10:06] | Ca va? | 你好吗 |
[10:08] | Happy reading. What book is it this week? | 祝你读得开心 这周我们读哪本书 |
[10:11] | Quel livre? | 哪本书 |
[10:12] | Le Printemps d’Yver, Contenant Plusieurs Histoires | 《冬日里的春天- |
[10:14] | Discourses en Cinq Journees | 五日谈 |
[10:16] | en Une Noble Compagnie au Chateau du Printemps. | 春天城堡贵族故事集》 |
[10:19] | Well, don’t tell me how it ends. | 别告诉我结局 |
[10:26] | Je voulais vous remercier. Pour m’avoir laisse faire ca. | 我想跟你道谢 谢谢你让我这么做 |
[10:31] | Je me sens un peu mieux. | 我感觉好多了 |
[10:34] | Moi… | 我 |
[10:36] | ..Joyeux. | 觉得快乐 |
[10:40] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[10:50] | Well, don’t just stand there. We have much to do. | 别傻站在那儿 还有很多事要做 |
[10:53] | We’ve received word from Queen Mary. | 玛丽女王来信了 |
[10:56] | She approves of your plan, but only if we can act quickly. | 她赞成你的计划 但我们得马上行动 |
[10:59] | There are spies everywhere. | 到处都是探子 |
[11:01] | We cannot delay. | 事不宜迟 |
[11:03] | Then Monday it is. We get Elizabeth on her way to chapel. | 那就周一行动 我们在伊丽莎白去教堂路上动手 |
[11:06] | By this time next week, the true Queen will sit on the throne. | 下周的这个时候 真正的女王就已登上王座了 |
[11:09] | – Death to Queen Bess. – Death to Queen Bess. | -伊丽莎白女王必死 -伊丽莎白女王必死 |
[11:14] | What about him? | 怎么处置他 |
[11:17] | He knows nothing. | 他什么都不知道 |
[11:18] | Famously. | 众人皆知 |
[11:21] | He is a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[11:29] | So the plan is to conceal our blades here by the colonnade… | 计划是将剑藏在这里的柱子旁… |
[11:33] | Well, fancy that! Young filly there seems to think I might have | 真没想到 那个小姑娘觉得我可能有一些 |
[11:37] | some useful insights – her words, not mine. | 实用的见解 她说的 可不是我自夸 |
[11:41] | Well, mine, but she nodded. | 好吧 是我说的 不过她点头认可了 |
[11:43] | Wants to get me on camera. | 她想让我录节目 |
[11:46] | And you’re not, like, nervous about…? | 你不会紧张什么的吗 |
[11:50] | What I… What I mean by that is… | 我的意思是… |
[11:52] | Tell the old guff to go and die on his own property. | 叫这个胡说八道的老家伙滚回自己地盘死去吧 |
[11:54] | – He’s got enough of it. – Are you OK? | -他活得够久了 -你没事吧 |
[11:56] | Me? Yes. Fit as a fiddle. | 我吗 生龙活虎着呢 |
[11:59] | In fact, I’m on a bit of a health kick. | 其实我正在尝试健康的生活方式 |
[12:01] | After 20 years of no exercise whatsoever, | 我有20年没有锻炼过了 |
[12:05] | I’ve just taken up squash. | 但我现在开始打壁球了 |
[12:07] | – Yeah, that’ll do it. – What is squash? | -这能弄死他 -壁球是什么 |
[12:09] | So, we’ve got a few more shots to grab in the Rose Garden | 我们还要去玫瑰园再拍几张照片 |
[12:13] | and then we’ll be back to do the interviews. | 然后回来做采访 |
[12:14] | – If you’re both happy and… – Marvellous! | -如果你们都没意见… -很好 |
[12:16] | – Yeah. – I’ll go and rehearse. | -好 -我去彩排一下 |
[12:18] | There’s no need to prepare anything, really. | 不用准备 真的 |
[12:21] | Best to keep it natural. Conversational. | 自然点最好 随便聊聊 |
[12:23] | Of course. Of course. | 当然 当然 |
[12:24] | Amateur. | 真是外行 |
[12:27] | You have got to get him out of here! | 你得把他弄走 |
[12:29] | I meant to say, Zara, there’s a stunning view of the house, | 扎拉 我想说 房子有个角度非常漂亮 |
[12:34] | er, from just… just past that fence. | 从篱笆外面拍过来 |
[12:37] | I thought it might make a nice background for Barclay’s interview. | 我觉得用做巴克利的采访背景会很不错 |
[12:39] | OK. I’ll take a look. | 好 我看看 |
[12:40] | Just PAST the fence. | 要到篱笆外去 |
[12:42] | – Just outside the grounds. – Outside. Outside. | -到院子外面去 -外面 外面 |
[12:45] | – Outside. – Did you say outside? | -出去 -你说了到外面去没 |
[12:48] | Yeah, I think she got it. | 说了 她应该知道了 |
[12:51] | Barclay Beg-Chetwynde, local historian. | 巴克利·拜格-切特温德 本地历史学家 |
[12:55] | Friend of the house. | 这座庄园的朋友 |
[12:58] | Barclay Beg-Chetwynde, Button House spokesman. | 巴克利·拜格-切特温德 巴顿庄园发言人 |
[13:04] | What’s he doing here? | 他在那儿干什么呢 |
[13:04] | – Cheg-Betwynde. – Beg-Chetwynde. | -那个切格-拜特温德 -是拜格-切特温德 |
[13:06] | He just appeared. Like posh Batman. | 他突然冒出来 就像贵族蝙蝠侠一样 |
[13:09] | Well, he’s in there saying he’s our spokesman. | 他在里面说他是我们的发言人 |
[13:11] | He spoke to Zara and they want to film a bit with him now. | 他跟扎拉聊过 他们现在想采访他 |
[13:14] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -就是这样 |
[13:15] | Can’t let him speak for us! You’ve got to do the interview. | 不能让他代表我们 你得去接受采访 |
[13:17] | Oh, pile on the pressure. | 我压力很大 |
[13:18] | It’s just, I know that you can do it. | 我知道你可以的 |
[13:20] | You’re the face of Button House. | 你就是巴顿庄园的门面 |
[13:22] | Because you know what you’ve got? | 因为你知道你拥有什么 |
[13:23] | Inner strength? | 强大的内心吗 |
[13:24] | I was going to say a branded sweatshirt coming, but… | 我本来想说会有件印了商标的T恤 |
[13:27] | – But inner strength. – OK. | -不过强大的内心也不错 -好吧 |
[13:29] | Yeah? Love you. | 明白吗 爱你 |
[13:31] | Is it your oral skills? | 是因为你的口语技巧吗 |
[13:34] | – Excuse me? – That worry you, about the interview? | -什么 -你担心采访的原因 |
[13:36] | I just don’t want to be on camera, like public speaking. | 我只是不想上镜 在公共场合讲话 |
[13:40] | I understand entirely. | 完全理解 |
[13:41] | I remember my first confabulation on Button FM. | 我记得我第一次在巴顿电台做访谈的时候 |
[13:45] | Stammering like a chicken-hearted clown. | 结结巴巴 像个胆怯的小丑 |
[13:49] | But I found my voice, Alison, | 但我找到了自己的声音 艾莉森 |
[13:51] | and I can help you find yours. | 我也可以帮你找到你的 |
[13:55] | Ok? | 好吗 |
[13:57] | Ok. | 好的 |
[13:58] | How dare you? | 你好大胆子 |
[13:59] | I’ll have you know I’ve got my entertainers badge. | 告诉你们 我可是有艺人徽章的 |
[14:03] | I just hadn’t sewn it on yet. | 只不过还没缝上去 |
[14:05] | The same with my sewing badge. | 我的缝纫徽章也是 |
[14:06] | I’m simply saying that the reason you so rarely see us | 我只是想说 你很少看到我们哈哈大笑 |
[14:09] | reduced to fits of hysteria is because in present company, | 是因为和这群鬼在一起 |
[14:13] | – we’re seldom given cause. – All right, then. | -我们甚少有笑的理由 -好吧 |
[14:15] | Why don’t you make us all laugh, show us how it’s done? | 那要不你来逗大家乐 给我们做示范 |
[14:18] | I’ll handle this, Fanny. | 我来处理吧 范妮 |
[14:19] | – Right. Now. – I just remember thinking, | -好了 -我只记得想着 |
[14:21] | “Well, it must be a pretty good book, | “那本书一定很不错 |
[14:23] | “Cos they’ve been in there for ages.” | 因为他们在里面待了很久” |
[14:25] | Farewell. Au revoir. Er, bon…to see you all. | 再见 再会 很高兴见到你们 |
[14:30] | Take care. | 保重 |
[14:42] | Oh, someone forgot their… | 有人忘了拿… |
[14:55] | Oh, no. | 不好 |
[14:57] | The butler burnt the butter but the bacon bore the brunt. | 管家烧糊了黄油 但培根先遭了殃 |
[15:00] | The butler burnt the butter but the bacon bore the brunt. | 管家烧糊了黄油 但培根先遭了殃 |
[15:02] | The butler burnt the butter but the bacon bore the brunt. | 管家烧糊了黄油 但培根先遭了殃 |
[15:04] | The butler burnt the butter but the bacon… | 管家烧糊了黄油 但培根… |
[15:07] | – Something amusing? – Sorry. It’s just, | -有什么好笑的吗 -抱歉 就是… |
[15:08] | it’s hard to think of you in a sort of, well, teacher role. | 很难把你当成老师看待 |
[15:12] | Ah, I see. | 我知道了 |
[15:14] | Because of the frisson. | 是因为吸引力 |
[15:15] | -The frisson? – The frisson between us. | -什么鬼吸引力 -你我之间的吸引力 |
[15:18] | I know it is difficult, Alison, | 我知道这很难 艾莉森 |
[15:20] | but while you are under my tutelage, | 但既然你要接受我的指导 |
[15:22] | you really must pretend there is no frisson. | 你就必须假装没被我吸引 |
[15:23] | Thomas, there is no frisson. | 托马斯 我本来就没被你吸引 |
[15:27] | That’s the spirit. | 这态度就对了 |
[15:29] | Now, then, your turn. | 现在该你了 |
[15:31] | The butler… The butler burnt the butter and the butter… | 滚家烧糊了黄油 但黄油… |
[15:34] | – BUTler. – The butler burnt the butter… | -是管家 -滚家烧糊了黄油… |
[15:36] | What’s a budler? | 滚家是什么 |
[15:37] | Bu-t-t-t. Big but. | 是”管” 管事的管 |
[15:38] | – Big but. – That’s it. | -管事的管 -对了 |
[15:41] | Welcome to Button House. | 欢迎来到巴顿庄园 |
[15:42] | That’s it. I know it feels strange but it really strengthens… | 对了 我知道感觉有点奇怪 但确实加强了… |
[15:49] | I am a confident and beautiful young woman. | 我是一名自信 美丽的年轻女性 |
[15:51] | – I am a confident woman… – And I deserve to be on television. | -我是一名自信的女性 -我应该上电视 |
[15:54] | – Welcome to Button House. – Hands at our sides. | -欢迎来到巴顿庄园 -双手放在身体两侧 |
[15:56] | We’re not a seagull. | 你又不是海鸥 |
[15:58] | – Thomas is terrific and I wish… – Thomas is terrific and I wish… | -托马斯很棒 我希望… -托马斯很棒 我希望 |
[16:00] | – ..We were betrothed. – ..We were… No. | -我们已有婚约 -我们已有… 不 |
[16:02] | It’s just an exercise. | 只是练习嘛 |
[16:04] | Fine, we’ll do something else. | 行吧 我们换别的 |
[16:06] | And the quartermaster says, “You may have paid the bill, | 军需官说”付钱的或许是你 |
[16:09] | “But I’m still the Pate familias.” | 但我才是一酱[家]之主” |
[16:15] | Because he’d had the pate. | 因为他吃了肉酱 |
[16:16] | – The pate! – Do you see? | -肉酱 -你听懂了吗 |
[16:18] | It’s very clever. | 谐音很巧妙 |
[16:20] | She didn’t laugh. | 她没笑 |
[16:22] | You didn’t laugh. | 你没笑 |
[16:22] | Nobody laughed. | 没半个人笑 |
[16:24] | Long, fancy words don’t make something funny. | 又长又复杂的词句没什么笑点 |
[16:27] | I find I often laugh most at the simplest things. | 我发现我经常因为最简单的事发笑 |
[16:31] | Duly noted. | 知道了 但不在乎 |
[16:32] | Like someone else laughing. | 比如其他人在笑 我就会笑 |
[16:33] | Yes. Laughter is contagious. | 没错 笑会传染 |
[16:35] | – What? Oh, no! – Not in a bad way, Kitty. | -什么 不要啊 -不是指传染病 基蒂 |
[16:39] | No, just that laughter breeds more laughter. | 只是笑声会引发更多笑声 |
[16:42] | – Preposterous. – Balderdash. | -荒谬 -胡说八道 |
[17:08] | – What’s up? – About this top. I’ve been… | -什么事 -关于那件上衣 我一直… |
[17:10] | Haven’t you done it yet? | 你还没做完吗 |
[17:12] | Impact-wise, we could wrap the text | 要想加强效果 我们可以把字 |
[17:14] | – around the trunk and… – I don’t care if you potato-print it | -环绕在身上 -你就算用土豆刻章 |
[17:17] | on a bin bag, as long as it says Button House | 印到垃圾袋上也无所谓 只要写上巴顿庄园 |
[17:19] | – and it’s here by 4:30, yeah? – All right, all right, I’m on it! | -4点半前送来就行 -好 我这就开工 |
[17:22] | This sweater is my Sistine Chapel roof. | 这件T恤就是我的西斯廷教堂屋顶 |
[17:26] | – Ceiling. – Is it? Good. | -是天花板 -是吗 那就好 |
[17:28] | Because I just googled the roof and I weren’t blown away. | 因为我刚谷歌了那屋顶 并没觉得有多震撼 |
[17:47] | I can’t help myself! | 我忍不住笑啊 |
[17:59] | Anyway, where was I? | 好了 我说到哪儿了 |
[18:00] | – About to die. – Oh, yeah. | -快要说到死的部分 -对 |
[18:02] | If you can calls that dying. | 如果那也算体面的死法 |
[18:07] | Bonne nuit, Sophie. | 晚安 苏菲 |
[18:17] | What have you done? | 你都做了什么 |
[18:18] | – Halt! Her Majesty’s Guard. – We have to go. | -站住 女王卫队 -我们要赶紧走 |
[18:22] | Go? What? | 走 什么 |
[18:23] | You want to live, we must go. | 你要是不想死 我们就必须离开 |
[18:26] | Who do you think you are? | 你以为你是谁 |
[18:27] | Humphrey! | 汉弗莱 |
[18:29] | I’ll hold them off as long as I can. | 我会尽力拖住他们的 |
[18:33] | This isn’t the life you signed up for. Go! | 这不是你选择的生活 快走 |
[18:36] | Have another one. | 又来了一个 |
[18:38] | Well, go! | 快走 |
[18:39] | Open this door! | 开门 |
[18:41] | Show yourself! | 快出来 |
[18:46] | Open up! | 开门 |
[18:51] | Keep going! | 继续 |
[18:53] | Beheaded on the spot for high treason, | 他因叛国罪被当场斩首 |
[18:55] | so heinous was his crime, | 他的罪行令人发指 |
[18:58] | with Mary’s orders still in his hand. | 死时手里仍抓着玛丽的命令 |
[19:01] | Sir Humphrey Bone, mastermind of the Bone Plot, | 这就是汉弗莱·博恩爵士 博恩阴谋的幕后策划者 |
[19:05] | and martyr to it. | 和殉道者 |
[19:12] | At least, that’s how… | 至少 这就是… |
[19:17] | For valiance. | 向你的勇气致敬 |
[19:18] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:18] | – Quite right. – Well said, that man. | -没错 -说得好 |
[19:21] | Fair do’s, actually. Fair do’s. | 其实你的死法也不弱 |
[19:22] | – It’s a horrible way to go. – Easy for you to say, isn’t it? | -那种死法一定很可怕吧 -你说得倒轻巧 |
[19:25] | You barely even feels an arrow. | 你几乎连箭都感觉不到 |
[19:27] | You what? | 什么 |
[19:29] | We should tell Alison what we’ve learned. | 我们应该把这事告诉艾莉森 |
[19:31] | – Yes. – And she can tell the television people. | -对 -她可以告诉电视台的人 |
[19:42] | This isn’t the life you signed up for! | 这不是你选择的生活 |
[19:44] | Go! | 快走 |
[19:49] | In the name of Her Majesty, open this door! | 我以女王陛下之名 命令你开门 |
[19:59] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[20:00] | What am I doing?! | 我在干什么 |
[20:28] | God, oh, God, oh, God, oh, God… | 天啊 天啊 天啊 |
[20:35] | Her Majesty’s Guards! | 女王卫队 |
[20:37] | Show yourself! | 出来 |
[20:55] | No sign of him, sir. | 没找到他 长官 |
[20:58] | Why is it always bad news with you? | 你为什么每次都没好消息 |
[20:59] | – It’s not always… – It’s never, | -也没有每次吧 -从没听你说过 |
[21:00] | “Oh, I’ve found him, he’s through here.” | “我找到他了 他就在里面” |
[21:01] | – I found that priest hole once. – There was no priest in it. | -我发现了那个神父洞 -但里面没神父 |
[21:03] | That was just a hole. | 只是一个洞 |
[21:26] | God, I love this house. | 天啊 我真爱这房子 |
[21:37] | Whoopsy-daisy. | 我的老天爷啊 |
[21:43] | – I might say I did that. – I would. | -我可以说是我做的 -我也想 |
[21:50] | See, this is why I won’t have swords in the house. | 这就是为什么我不在家里摆放剑 |
[21:53] | Yeah. Well, you’ve got kids, haven’t you? | 是因为你有孩子吧 |
[22:08] | Bad day? | 不走运啊 |
[22:11] | Hey. Well, I think we’re almost ready to do the interviews, | 我觉得采访差不多可以开始了 |
[22:14] | – if you… – Yeah, about that. | -如果你… -关于这事 |
[22:15] | I don’t know what Mr Beg-Chegwin told you, | 我不知道拜格-切特温德先生跟你说了什么 |
[22:17] | but he’s not actually anything to do with Button House. | 但他实际上和巴顿庄园没有任何关系 |
[22:19] | He’s just a sort of mean local weirdo. | 他就是个难相处的本地怪人 |
[22:22] | Actually, that’s not fair. No, that is fair. | 其实这么说不公平 不 很公平 |
[22:24] | So, yeah, we’d rather he wasn’t associated with the house | 所以我们不想让他掺合房子的事 |
[22:27] | because, to be honest, | 因为 老实说 |
[22:28] | I’m worried about how he comes across on TV. | 我担心他会在电视上胡言乱语 |
[22:30] | OK. It’s just that I got the impression | 好吧 我只是感觉 |
[22:32] | your wife wasn’t all that keen to do an interview. | 你妻子对这个采访不是很有兴趣 |
[22:34] | You’re kidding! She can’t wait. I’m telling you, | 你在开玩笑吗 她迫不及待呢 我跟你说 |
[22:37] | she’s a natural. | 她最擅长受访了 |
[22:40] | So the house is, um… Um… | 这房子是…呃 |
[22:43] | ..Like, my connection, um… | 就像是我…呃 |
[22:46] | Um. ..To the family. | 和家族间的纽带 |
[22:49] | – You see, if we can just… – Babe! You’re up next. | -“呃”太多了 如果能… -宝贝 下一个到你 |
[22:52] | – What, now? Already? – We need more time, damn you! | -现在吗 这么快 -我们还需要点时间 可恶 |
[22:54] | – Can’t Barclay go first? – No, he’s been canned. | -不能让巴克利先拍吗 -不 他被取消了 |
[22:57] | Apparently an anonymous source told them what he’s like | 听说有匿名人士揭穿了他的真面目 |
[22:59] | – and they were like… – Mike. | -于是他们就… -迈克 |
[23:01] | What? He’s bad PR and you know it. | 干嘛啦 他是负面宣传 你也知道的 |
[23:03] | How did he take it? | 他有什么反应 |
[23:06] | – They’re all at it. – Give me five minutes | -他们怎么都喜欢”呃” -五分钟后 |
[23:08] | and I’ll let you know. Wish me luck. | 我再告诉你 祝我好运吧 |
[23:09] | No, no, no. Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 不不不 等等 |
[23:10] | I’ll do it. We need to be gentle with him | 我来说吧 我们得对他温柔点 |
[23:13] | and then we need to get him out of here real quick. | 然后让他尽快离开这里 |
[23:17] | Obi! | 欧比来了 |
[23:18] | Oh, we’re finished here, are we? | 我们不练了 对吗 |
[23:22] | Hey, see? It’s a masterpiece! | 看到了吗 这是件杰作 |
[23:25] | Yeah, yeah. Give it to me. | 行了 快给我 |
[23:28] | – Why are you wearing it? – Because it looks sick. | -你为什么要穿上 -因为看起来很酷啊 |
[23:30] | Right. We’re ready for Alison, | 我们准备好采访艾莉森了 |
[23:32] | just up by the fence there. | 就在那边的篱笆旁边 |
[23:33] | – Fence? What fence? – Just up by the… | -篱笆 什么篱笆 -就在那边… |
[23:36] | – She thought the view was quite good. – No, no, no. | -她觉得那边的风景很不错 -不不不 |
[23:38] | I mean, there’s much better spots nearer the house, | 有更好的位置 离房子更近 |
[23:41] | like by the sign. | 比如标牌旁边 |
[23:43] | So you can see the house. By the sign? | 在标牌旁边能看到房子 |
[23:45] | It’s just we’re all set up over there now. | 可是我们在那里都准备好了 |
[23:48] | But… but maybe we’ll come and grab something here a bit later. | 或许之后可以再来这里拍一下 |
[23:53] | I’m thrilled to fill in | 很高兴能讲述 |
[23:54] | a tiny part of its rich and varied history. | 其丰富多彩历史的一部分 |
[23:59] | Yes, that’ll do it. Right, once more. | 这样挺好 好了 再来一遍 |
[24:01] | Get it in the old memory. | 要牢牢记住 |
[24:03] | Oh, God. Is he still here? | 天啊 他还在这里吗 |
[24:05] | Hello there. | 你好 |
[24:06] | – What? Me? – May I just say | -你在对我说话吗 -我想说 |
[24:08] | what an honour it is | 和你们一起 |
[24:10] | to be joining you here in this wonderful house? | 身处这漂亮的房子里 真是荣幸之至 |
[24:13] | Oh, God, no. | 天啊 不是吧 |
[24:14] | I’m thrilled to fill in a tiny part | 很高兴能讲述 |
[24:17] | of its rich and varied history. | 其丰富多彩历史的一部分 |
[24:19] | It’s happened! | 真的发生了 |
[24:21] | Alison! | 艾莉森 |
[24:24] | Ah, perfect. | 完美 |
[24:25] | Knock, knock. Hi, how are you? | 敲敲门 你还好吗 |
[24:28] | How are you? | 你现在怎么样 |
[24:29] | Yes, fine, raring to go. | 很好 迫不及待开录了 |
[24:32] | Right. | 好吧 |
[24:34] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[24:36] | Do you want to sit down? | 你想坐下吗 |
[24:37] | No! | 不想 |
[24:38] | Really? OK. | 真的吗 好吧 |
[24:40] | The thing is, talking again to the documentary guys, | 是这样 我又跟拍纪录片的人谈了一下 |
[24:44] | it seems now they want to focus more on people | 他们现在似乎更想关注那些 |
[24:48] | who actually lived…live in the house. | 曾住在… 正住在这房子里的人 |
[24:53] | Oh, dear. | 天啊 |
[24:55] | So I wore a new shirt for nothing. | 所以这件新衬衫我是白穿了 |
[24:57] | Been bally baking in it all day, | 一整天穿着这个热死了 |
[24:59] | and talk about itchy! | 而且还很痒 |
[25:05] | Well, that explains it. | 难怪会那么痒 |
[25:07] | Yes, it does. | 是啊 |
[25:09] | Oh, that’s much better. | 现在好多了 |
[25:10] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[25:21] | Breathe, but don’t gasp, | 呼吸 但不要倒吸气 |
[25:23] | and don’t gabble. No ums and ahs. | 不要含混不清 不要呃呃啊啊的 |
[25:25] | If you need to pause, pause, but don’t show you’re pausing. | 如果需要停顿就停一下 但别表现得太明显 |
[25:28] | Look, I know that you mean well, | 听着 我知道你是好意 |
[25:31] | but it’s me they want to talk to, | 但他们想采访的是我 |
[25:32] | not some drop-out from the Thomas Thorne Finishing School. | 而不是托马斯·索恩女子精修学校的辍学生 |
[25:34] | So will you please just stop talking | 所以请你别再说了 |
[25:36] | and accept that you’re a better poet | 接受事实吧 比起当诗人 |
[25:37] | than you are a teacher? And that is really saying something. | 你当老师更烂 这可是很说明问题了 |
[25:45] | Confident, eloquent, composed. | 自信 雄辩 沉着 |
[25:48] | My work here is done. | 我的工作已完成 |
[25:51] | – Damn your eyes. – You’re welcome. | -你个混蛋 -不用谢 |
[25:57] | It was inherited through my dad’s side, | 这庄园继承自我父亲那边的亲戚 |
[25:59] | but he died when I was young | 但他在我小时就去世了 |
[26:00] | and my mum passed away more recently. | 我妈最近也去世了 |
[26:02] | So with no living relatives, the house has become a kind of | 由于没有在世的亲人 这房子就变成了 |
[26:05] | link to my ancestors through the ages. | 我与历代祖先之间的纽带 |
[26:08] | It’s like having family all around me. | 就像家人都在我身边一样 |
[26:11] | Can you give us any more information | 你能跟我们再多介绍一下 |
[26:13] | – about the house? – Could you smile? | -这房子吗 -你能笑一下吗 |
[26:14] | – But with your voice. – Say Button House. | -但要边笑边说 -说巴顿庄园 |
[26:18] | – Alison! – …Every bit as | -艾莉森 -一点一滴 |
[26:19] | – fascinating as your journey… – I warned you! | -都和你的经历一样吸引人… -我警告过你的 |
[26:21] | I did warn you! | 我警告过你了 |
[26:26] | Pull the top down! | 把上衣拉下来 |
[26:29] | You’re doing very well, just block it out. | 你做得很好 屏蔽噪音就行了 |
[26:31] | – Try not to hesitate… – I warned you! | -别犹豫… -我警告过你的 |
[26:33] | – Alison! – Emergency! | -艾莉森 -紧急情况 |
[26:36] | Alison? | 艾莉森 |
[26:41] | …Literally a phone call saying, | 就是一通电话打来说 |
[26:42] | “You now own this house.” | “这房子现在归你了” |
[26:44] | It was inherited through my dad’s side, | 这庄园继承自我父亲那边的亲戚 |
[26:46] | but he died when I was young | 但他在我小时就去世了 |
[26:47] | and my mum passed away more recently. | 我妈最近也去世了 |
[26:50] | So with no living relatives, | 由于没有在世的亲人 |
[26:51] | 艾莉森·库珀 历史建筑主人 | |
[26:52] | – the house has become a kind of link… – Oh, can’t see the logo! | -这房子就变成了… -看不到标志 |
[26:55] | Lose the thing! Lose the thing! | 撤掉字幕 快撤掉 |
[26:56] | It’s like having family all around me. | 就像家人都在我身边一样 |
[26:59] | That’s nice. | 真有爱 |
[27:01] | I think this is where I… | 我应该就是在这里…. |
[27:03] | Well, the brick… The brick frontage | 砖… 砖砌的正面 |
[27:05] | is, er…it was a brick front | 就是… 正面的砖墙 |
[27:08] | that was added to what is, er, what was a Tudor house. | 被添加到原来的都铎式房子 |
[27:10] | What does that say? What is a Butt Ho? | 衣服上写的什么 什么是”屁股妓女” |
[27:14] | Are you the Butt Ho? | 你是”屁股妓女”吗 |
[27:15] | …Well it was brick, it had a brick facade. But… | 是砖砌的 本来外层是砖砌的 但是 |
[27:17] | – Oh, my… – Obi! | -死了算了 -欧比 |
[27:19] | …Which is now what we now see now on Button House. | 这就是我们现在看到的巴顿庄园的外观 |
[27:24] | Well, thanks, everyone. | 感谢大家 |
[27:26] | But there’s much more to this place than just structural issues. | 但这地方不仅是结构有问题 |
[27:27] | 巴克利· 拜格-切特温德 巴顿庄园发言人 | |
[27:33] | For one thing, it’s haunted! | 首先 这房子闹鬼 |
[27:35] | – And I’m turning it off. – No, no, wait. | -我要关电视了 -不 等等 |
[27:37] | Hang on a sec. | 等一下 |
[27:38] | I think this is my cameo. | 我在这里有客串 |
[27:42] | Watch the vase. | 看这个花瓶 |
[27:43] | Wait for it… | 等着… |
[27:50] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[27:50] | It’s like he’s famous for now. | 他好像成名人了 |
[27:52] | – Can I have your autograph? – You got a pen? | -你能给我签个名吗 -你有笔吗 |
[27:55] | But one thing’s for certain – when it came to the Catholic cause, | 但有件事可以确定 当谈到天主教大业时 |
[27:58] | Sir Humphrey Bone was a man prepared | 汉弗莱·博恩爵士 |
[28:00] | to stick his neck out. | 敢于冒险[伸出脖子] |
[28:08] | Oh, very good! | 这双关好笑 |
[28:09] | – Neck! – Seriously?! | -脖子 -这居然戳中你们笑点 |