时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | No, no. Down a bit. Down. | 不行不行 往下点 往下 |
[00:04] | -No, it has to be at head height. -Erm, I find that term offensive. | -不行 得和头一样高 -呃 我感受到了冒犯 |
[00:07] | -Down! Is symmetry too much to ask? -Where’s the tinsel? | -往下 怎么就摆不正呢 -亮片在哪儿呢 |
[00:11] | Guys, please! Whoa! | 各位 别吵了 |
[00:12] | Oh, no. | 噢糟了 |
[00:15] | -Oh, no. -Ooh. -Guys, what did I miss? | -噢坏了 -各位 什么情况啊 |
[00:18] | Is it a good thing? | 是好事儿吗 |
[00:22] | Yes, I’m sure that’s how St Nicholas would wish to be remembered! | 嗯 这应该就是圣·尼古拉斯所希望看到的 大家印象中的他吧 |
[00:27] | -What the heck is that? -Oh, I know, I know. | -这是什么鬼 -噢 我也知道啊 |
[00:29] | Kitty spotted it when I was looking for lights and she was like, | 我找彩灯的时候 凯蒂正好看到这个 然后她就 |
[00:31] | “Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, | 求你了 拜托 求你了啦 |
[00:34] | please, please, please, please, please, please, please, | 看我一眼 考虑一下 怎么样嘛 |
[00:36] | please, please, please, please, please, please.” | 求你了 拜托 求你了啦 |
[00:37] | OK, I get it. I get it. | 好好好 懂了 明白了 |
[00:49] | It’s him! | 是他啊 |
[01:12] | Catherine, I assure you that Father Christmas | 凯瑟琳 我确定一定以及肯定地和你说 圣诞老人 |
[01:15] | is not re-e-e-e-ally | 并不会真 整 正 |
[01:19] | in the habit | 经常会 |
[01:20] | of appearing before Christmas Eve. | 在平安夜前出现 |
[01:23] | I mean, I think what you saw was one of his elves | 我认为 你看到的 是某个 |
[01:28] | on a reconnaissance mission | 执行侦察任务的圣诞小精灵 |
[01:29] | to…to…to recce the terrain before the primary operation. | 在重大行动前 来侦察地形的 |
[01:34] | I think you might be letting your imagination run away with you. | 你是不是想太多了啊 |
[01:40] | Lucky Fanny, to be touched up by such a hand. | 范妮真是幸运 能由这双巧手来修补润色 |
[01:46] | I’ll do you next! | 下一个就是你 |
[01:47] | Me? A portrait? | 我吗 画像吗 |
[01:49] | Oh, how I longed to be painted in life. | 我一直想有人给我画像呢 |
[01:51] | What a Christmas gift that will be! Thank you, Alison. | 这份圣诞礼物绝美了 谢谢你 艾莉森 |
[01:54] | -No, I… -So, what with Mike’s family not coming this year, | -不是 我 -既然迈克的家人今年不来了 |
[01:59] | I thought maybe you’d like to get involved | 我觉得 你没准想参加 |
[02:02] | with one of our festive traditions. | 我们的传统节日活动 |
[02:03] | The Button House Christmas quiz! | 巴顿庄园圣诞问答 |
[02:06] | Yes, yes. | 好的 来吧 |
[02:07] | To be honest, we just really want a nice, quiet Christmas this year. | 说实话 我们今年真的只想过一个安静祥和的圣诞节 |
[02:11] | Just me and Mike, without… | 只有我和迈克 没有 |
[02:12] | Oh, I’ll keep the questions light. | 噢 没有难题啦 |
[02:14] | It could be something as easy as what’s the Captain’s name? | 很简单的 比如说 上尉叫什么名字 |
[02:20] | We can revise. It’s fine. | 我们可以复习 没事 |
[02:21] | But for the record, his name is… | 不过你还是记一下吧 他的名字是 |
[02:23] | What on earth?! | 怎么会这样 |
[02:33] | What the…? | 怎么 |
[02:38] | Mm. Who put that there? | 谁放在那的 |
[02:44] | Erm, excuse me… | 打扰一下 |
[02:46] | Dog! | 有狗 |
[02:48] | Alison! Dog in a tent! | 艾莉森 帐篷里有条狗 |
[02:52] | -That’s a tent. -Yeah. -And that’s a dog. | -那个是帐篷 -看到了 -那个是狗 |
[02:55] | Yeah, I get it. | 我知道 |
[02:57] | -Do we knock? -How do you knock a tent? | -要敲门吗 -帐篷咋敲门啊 |
[03:07] | -What are you doing? -What are YOU doing? | -你们干什么呢 -你干什么呢 |
[03:10] | I’m listening to Talk Sport. | 我在听体育广播电台啊 |
[03:11] | No, what are you doing in our garden? | 不是 你在我们家花园里干什么呢 |
[03:14] | -Is this is not a field? -It’s a wheat… | -这里不是田地吗 -这是麦 |
[03:17] | -That’s not the point. You’re trespassing. -Mike… | -是什么不重要 你这是擅自闯入 -迈克 |
[03:20] | Right, yeah. OK. Well, don’t tell the… | 好吧 懂了 那个 别告诉 |
[03:23] | you know, anyone. Yeah, all right, I’ll go. | 就 别告诉任何人 好吧 我这就走 |
[03:26] | Have you got somewhere to go to, or…? | 你有地方可以去吗 还是 |
[03:29] | -Well, not really. -Yeah, no. Yeah, of course. Sorry. | -其实也没有 -啊 也是 肯定没有 抱歉 |
[03:34] | -Well, you don’t have to go, like, this minute. -No? | -你不用现在就走的 -不用吗 |
[03:37] | You can… you could, like, stay for tonight. | 你可以 可以留下来过夜 |
[03:39] | -Yeah? -Just one night. Or two. | -可以吗 -就一晚 两晚也行 |
[03:42] | -Well, that would be… Thank you. -Yeah. | -那真是 太感谢了 -就这样吧 |
[03:45] | -Well, I’m Alison, by the way. Sorry. This is Mike. -Nicholas. | -对了 我叫艾莉森 不好意思 他是迈克 -我叫尼古拉斯 |
[03:49] | -Of course it is! -No, no, no, no, no. | -果然是叫这个名字 -不不不 不对 |
[03:51] | I stay. If I here before house, then house on my land. | 我在这 如果我先在这 然后房子盖在了我的地上 |
[03:56] | Ooh! So it’s Mike and Alison would be the dress baskets! | 噢 那迈克和艾莉森就是裙筐[与”擅自闯入”发音相似] |
[04:01] | Dress baskets. You see? Exactly. | 裙筐 你也觉得吧 就是啊 |
[04:04] | Yeah. Interesting. | 嗯 有意思了 |
[04:07] | -Look, you can’t even see it. -Yeah. | -瞧瞧 在这都看不见呢 -确实 |
[04:08] | But we still know it’s there. On your land. My land. | 但我们都知道它就在那啊 在你的地上 我的地 |
[04:12] | -Our land. -My land! | -我们的地 -是我的地 |
[04:15] | Look, I don’t want to sound all “not in my back yard,” | 我不想吐槽你们那些个 “不在我家后院”的话 |
[04:19] | but you really don’t want one in your back yard. | 你们明明就不想有人待在你家后院 |
[04:21] | Or front yard. Or stable yard. Or on any other land you own. | 还有前院 还有马厩 或者随便你俩哪块地吧 |
[04:25] | Quite right. Layabout. I mean, where’s the discipline? | 说得太对了 懒宅 诶我说 纪律何在 |
[04:28] | Where’s the pride? | 尊严何在 |
[04:29] | We had one behind Rumbelows back in the day. Yeah. | 以前在朗姆贝朗斯 我们也见过这种人 |
[04:32] | Right potty mouth. | 满口脏话 |
[04:34] | Chalky dog poos everywhere. | 到处都是白狗屎 |
[04:35] | That’s typical, I’m afraid. | 都这个德性 |
[04:37] | -Well, if you want my opinion… -Oh, here we go. | -如果你们要问我的意见 -噢 开始了 |
[04:39] | I think you’re all being very unfair and judgmental. | 我认为你们真是既有失公允 又妄下断论 |
[04:42] | -What? -Well, we have absolutely no idea of the circumstances | -什么 -我们根本不了解 |
[04:47] | that have led this gentleman to his current situation. | 这位先生的遭遇 缘何沦落这般境地 |
[05:08] | Did I mention that I happened to cross paths with Adelaide Pembroke | 我有没有提过 上周三我碰巧遇到阿德莱德·彭布罗克 |
[05:13] | and her delightful daughter, Felicity Wednesday last? | 和她可爱的女儿费莉西蒂 |
[05:16] | -And… -Mother… | -还有 -母亲 |
[05:19] | Well, there’s no need to take that tone. | 没必要用这种语气 |
[05:21] | You had no idea what I was about to say. | 你都不知道我要说什么 |
[05:23] | Felicity’s getting married. | 费莉西蒂要结婚了 |
[05:25] | No, actually. | 那倒也 不是 |
[05:28] | -But, yes, as it happens. -Mother. I refuse to be drawn into… | -好吧她要结了 -母亲 我不想被卷入 |
[05:30] | Seven years your junior, | 比你小七岁 |
[05:31] | and Gladys just strides into matrimony with a lord. | 连格拉迪丝都能嫁给勋爵了 |
[05:35] | -..the same conversation… -Lord! | -同样的情况 -是勋爵啊 |
[05:36] | I am utterly delighted for Felicity Pembroke and her mother. | 我由衷地为费莉西蒂·彭布罗克和她母亲感到高兴 |
[05:40] | May their smiles be as bright as their minds are dim. | 人有多傻 笑容就有多灿烂 |
[05:43] | -Fanny! -How fortunate that the topic of formal education never arose | -范妮 -好在彭布罗克家族没接受过 |
[05:47] | in that household, since no Pembroke woman in five generations | 正规教育 毕竟他们家五代人里 都找不出一个女人 |
[05:50] | has had the mental capacity to count the fingers on one hand! | 能数得出自己一只手有几根手指 |
[05:53] | Stephanie, the field of mathematics is well served already by men. | 斯蒂芬妮 数学这个领域有男人就够了 |
[05:58] | I could help Father with the business! | 我可以帮父亲打理生意 |
[06:01] | Your father is perfectly capable of managing his own financial affairs. | 你父亲完全有能力管理好财务问题 |
[06:07] | Messrs Broadwick and Son are at the door, Ma’am. | 布洛德维克和孙先生登门拜访 夫人 |
[06:11] | Ooh! Son… | 噢 公子啊[和”孙”发音相似] |
[06:14] | Bailiffs, Ma’am. | 是查封官 夫人 |
[06:22] | -See? You can see it from the house. -Barely. | -瞧见没 从这就能看到帐篷 -就一丁点 |
[06:26] | We don’t even use this room. | 我们都不用这间房啊 |
[06:28] | What even is this room? | 这间房干嘛用的 |
[06:29] | It is my room! | 这是我的房间 |
[06:31] | I suppose you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[06:33] | -A couple of days there. -Yeah, exactly. A couple of days. | -住几天而已 -对嘛对嘛 几天而已 |
[06:36] | And then we’ll be back to our cosy Cooper Christmas, just snuggling | 然后 我们就可以过我们库柏家的温馨圣诞节 |
[06:39] | by the fire with mistletoe, mulled wine. | 在槲寄生下依偎烤火 喝着热红酒 |
[06:43] | You and me… | 就我们俩 |
[06:47] | Still here! | 还在呢 |
[06:49] | Yep. | 对 |
[06:51] | Is that…? Right, that’s it. | 那是 啊 真是够了 |
[06:54] | Oh, my God! Mike… | 噢天呐 迈克 |
[06:57] | What was it? | 怎么了 |
[07:04] | -Morning! -Morning. No! | -早上好 -早上好 个鬼 |
[07:06] | Excuse me! Excuse me, where has that come from? | 不好意思 不好意思这玩意儿哪来的 |
[07:09] | I’m going to go out on a limb here and say… a bottom? | 那我就从我个人观点表达一下 应该是从屁股 |
[07:12] | Well, I hope you’re not suggesting that I… | 希望你不是在暗示我 |
[07:14] | No! I mean, your dog. Actually, where do you…? | 不是 我是说你的狗 不过 你一般都在哪儿 |
[07:16] | -No, I mean your dog. -But why MY dog? | -不是 我是说你的狗 -干嘛认定是我的狗 |
[07:18] | Haven’t any of your other neighbours got dogs? | 其他邻居就没养狗吗 |
[07:20] | Oh! Well, yes, actually. It’s got loads. | 噢 确实有人养 还挺多狗的 |
[07:23] | -But that’s not the point. -Well, there you go. | -但这不是重点 -又是这句 |
[07:25] | Cos let me assure you, I always bag it and bin it. | 我可以向你保证 我一直都是把狗屎打包好扔掉 |
[07:29] | I keep a very tight leash on… | 狗绳我也拴得牢 |
[07:32] | Rudy? | 鲁迪 |
[07:33] | Rudy! | 鲁迪 |
[07:35] | Rudy? | 鲁迪 |
[07:37] | Rudy? Rudolph! | 是鲁道夫 |
[07:39] | Alison! Captain! | 艾莉森 上尉 |
[07:41] | Anyone! | 有人在嘛 |
[07:44] | Just… Erm, just roughly speaking, how much longer do you…? | 那个 我就大概问问 你还要多久 |
[07:47] | Thomas, I told you not to choose that pose. | 托马斯 我告诉过你 不要这个姿势 |
[07:49] | Oh, no, I’m comfortable. Too comfortable, if anything! | 噢 没事 这姿势很舒服 真的 特别舒服 |
[07:52] | I was just wondering if YOU needed a break. | 我就是想问问 你要不要休息一下 |
[07:55] | No, I’ve actually found it quite relaxing. | 不用 其实我觉得画画还挺放松的 |
[07:57] | Question 89. | 第89题 |
[07:58] | -Usually… -We all love The Beatles, but which one is Robin’s favourite? | -通常来说 -人人都爱披头士[亦指甲虫] 但罗宾最爱的是哪个呢 |
[08:03] | Is it A, Stag? | 选项A 锹形虫 |
[08:05] | -B, dung? -Pat… | -选项B 屎壳郎 -帕特 |
[08:07] | Do you think maybe this revision is like taking some of the fun | 你觉得 这么复习 会不会让问答环节 |
[08:10] | -out of the quiz? -Oh, not at all. | -失去了乐趣呢 -噢 完全不会 |
[08:12] | It should be fun. But go up against Fanny unprepared, | 应该会很好玩的 不过要是没准备好 就去和范妮对战 |
[08:15] | and she’ll eat you alive. | 她会让你输得片甲不留 |
[08:17] | OK. Question 90. | 好了 第90题 |
[08:20] | -Yeah, I think I might just give this a bit of a rest. -Yes. | -嗯 我现在想休息一下了 -太好了 |
[08:22] | -Aahhh! Yes, you clearly needed a little break! -Yeah. | -没错 你早就该休息一会了 -嗯 |
[08:27] | Mrs Cooper, I’ve been to talk to my lawyer about how long | 库柏夫人 我和我的律师谈过了 这个房子 |
[08:32] | house been on my land. | 在我的地上 呆了太久了 |
[08:34] | -And she tell me I’s gots rights. -He’s got rights, Alison. | -她说 我有权 -他是有权 艾莉森 |
[08:39] | Me cut to chase. We do munch the numbers, | 不说废话 我们砸吧了一下这个金额 |
[08:43] | and by my calculators, you owe me back rent of… | 经过我的计算机 你欠我的租金有 |
[08:48] | It’s a quazillion pounds and five shillings. | 一百斤[应为”京”]英镑零五先令 |
[08:52] | Well, you’ve just made that number up and you can’t spend money. | 你们就是编了个数字 而且你们没法花钱 |
[08:55] | So… | 所以 |
[08:59] | Right, well, we’ll get back to you, then! | 好吧 那 我们会再联系你的 |
[09:02] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[09:12] | -What are you doing? -What we should have done two weeks ago. | -你在干什么 -两个礼拜前就该做的事情 |
[09:15] | Telling the council. | 通知市政部门 |
[09:16] | There’s systems in place to help people who’ve got… | 不是有那种专门机构帮助他们这样的人么 |
[09:18] | -No, I don’t know about this. -Quite right. | -不知道啊 我不怎么了解这个 -没错 |
[09:20] | That sort, you give them an inch, they’ll take a mile. More! | 这种人就是 得寸进尺 贪得无厌 |
[09:25] | You know, we had a similar problem with some “Right to Roam” types | 你们知道吗 当初在布莱普顿 就曾出现过类似的问题 |
[09:29] | at the Bramptons. I mean, 700 years is a good innings | 要什么”漫游自由” 想想啊 700年也算是寿终正寝了 |
[09:32] | for a public footpath. | 对公共人行道来说 |
[09:34] | High time it became something else. Like my swimming pool. | 那玩意儿早该改造成别的东西了 比如说我的游泳池 |
[09:37] | -Ah, well…. -Good to send. | -啊这个 -写好了 |
[09:40] | Ready to send. Just press send. | 准备发送了 只要点这个发送键 |
[09:43] | Want to press send? | 发不发 |
[09:44] | Look, you said a couple of days, and it became a couple of weeks. | 之前你说就几天 紧接着就变成几周 |
[09:47] | -And now it’s nearly Christmas. -Oh, well, exactly. It’s Christmas. | -现在马上都要圣诞节了 -就是么 这可是圣诞节啊 |
[09:50] | I just… I don’t think we can do this now. | 我就是 觉得咱们没必要现在赶他走啊 |
[09:53] | -It doesn’t feel right. -All right. | -这样感觉不太好 -行吧 |
[09:54] | Don’t make me feel like, what’s his face? You, boy! What day is it? | 别整的我好像 那个谁 说你呢 臭小子 今儿什么日子了 |
[09:58] | -Michael Caine. -You do know there’s a non Muppet version of that story? | -迈克尔·凯恩 -你知道那个故事还有非木偶剧版本的吧 |
[10:01] | -Yeah, but it’s not as good. -That’s true. | -知道啊 但是没这个好啊 -这倒是 |
[10:36] | Yeah, yeah. | 可以 还行 |
[10:39] | Yeah, no. It’s bad, isn’t it? It’s really, really bad. | 还行 不行 画得太烂了 是不是 烂得不行不行的 |
[10:42] | I mean, the nose is just weird. | 这个鼻子也太奇怪了吧 |
[10:44] | What will I say when she gifts me this upon Christmas morn? | 圣诞节早上她把这个画给我的时候 我该说点什么啊 |
[10:47] | I suppose you’ll just have to pretend you like it. | 我觉得你就装一下 假装你很喜欢这幅画 |
[10:50] | Like I did when Carol bought me that creative Newkie Brown, | 就跟之前卡萝尔给我买了那个 与众不同的纽卡斯尔布朗啤酒 |
[10:53] | when she knows I like Watney’s! | 她明明知道我喜欢的是沃特尼啤酒 |
[10:58] | “Thank you, Alison, | 谢谢你 艾莉森 |
[11:00] | “so much for this… | 这个作品 |
[11:04] | “..magnificent…” | 画技太高超了 |
[11:05] | Yeah. Yeah, no, I think… | 可以 可以 算了 我觉得 |
[11:07] | I think she’d know it’s not Watney’s…wanted. | 我觉得她应该知道这个不是沃特尼…你想要的 |
[11:10] | Ah, but the truth would break her. My opinion means so much to her. | 啊 但是真相会击垮她的 她非常重视我的意见的 |
[11:14] | Well, I’m not much of a fibber, but if it’s bare faced lies | 好吧 我这人不太会说谎 但是如果你真的决定要撒谎的话 |
[11:17] | you’re after, you know who you should talk to? | 你知道应该去找谁 |
[11:22] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[11:25] | So what, we should just ignore him? | 那怎么办 咱们就只当他不存在 |
[11:27] | No, I’m not saying that, I’m just saying, | 不啊 我不是那个意思 我就是说 |
[11:30] | don’t get too involved. | 咱们少跟他掺乎 |
[11:31] | Oh, come on, it’s just a hot meal. | 哦 没事 就一顿热乎饭而已 |
[11:33] | It’s not moving in. | 又不是搬进来 |
[11:35] | -Although… -No. It’s a security risk. | -不过 -不行 有安全隐患 |
[11:38] | We don’t know anything about him. | 咱们压根就不认识他 |
[11:39] | I mean, the meal’s a nice idea, but… No! My cottage pie! | 给他送点吃的是挺好 但是 不 我的土豆泥肉饼 |
[11:44] | Mm! Mm! Lovely. | 嗯 嗯 真香 |
[11:48] | Mm-hm. Yeah. | 嗯 嗯 对 |
[11:50] | We’ve done some thoughts, and there be a new offer on the table. | 我们考虑了一下 现在有个新方案 |
[11:54] | See, land is mine. | 你看 地是我的 |
[11:56] | So we take bit of house that actual touch the land, | 所以我们就要连着地的那一点房子 |
[12:00] | -and the bit that float in the sky… -The ups the stairs. | -还有飘在空中的那一点 -楼上的 |
[12:03] | -..yours. So, deal? -OK, so how will we get to upstairs | -算你的 怎么样 成交吗 -行呀 那不用楼下的 |
[12:07] | without using downstairs? | 我们怎么上楼呢 |
[12:11] | We’ll be in touch. | 咱们再联系 |
[12:13] | Knock, knock. | 有人吗 |
[12:15] | -Oh, hello. -I was just making some… | -哦 你好 -我做了点 |
[12:18] | No, I’m sorry. That’s a lie. I was… | 抱歉 我说谎了 我 |
[12:20] | I brought you a cottage pie. I don’t know if you… | 我给你带了点土豆泥肉饼 不知道你… |
[12:22] | Oh! Oh, thank you. That’s very… Thank you. | 哦 哦 谢谢 这太 谢谢 |
[12:26] | Oh, no, thank YOU. | 哦 没事 谢谢你 |
[12:44] | OK. Calm… | 好的 淡定 |
[12:46] | Calm. Calm. Alison? | 淡定 淡定 艾莉森 |
[12:49] | -Calm, yeah? -Enjoy the meal? | -淡定 好吗 -好吃吗 |
[12:52] | -Oh, er, yeah, yes. -I was talking to the dog. | -哦 呃 味道不错 挺好的 -我在跟狗说话呢 |
[12:56] | Oh, right. Yeah. | 哦 是么 好吧 |
[12:58] | Erm… Look, truth be told, I’m just not really a fan | 呃 实话跟你讲吧 我确实不太喜欢 |
[13:01] | of that kind of thing. I mean, I appreciate… | 吃那种东西 我非常感谢 |
[13:02] | Beggars can’t be choosers! Who do really think you are? | 你个乞丐还挑挑拣拣的 你以为你是谁啊 |
[13:04] | -You’re a liar. -I had my fill of that kind of stuff | -你个骗子 -我以前在部队的时候 |
[13:06] | when I was in the forces. | 这玩意儿吃得够够的了 |
[13:08] | Salt of the Earth. Pride of the nation. | 高尚的人 国家的骄傲 |
[13:10] | -We owe him our thanks, actually. -I’m sorry, | -我们其实应该对他说感谢 -抱歉 |
[13:11] | I don’t know why I assumed you’d eat…everything. | 我也不知怎么 就以为你什么都吃呢 |
[13:14] | Happens all the time. I lost my house, not my taste buds. | 常有的事 我失去了房子 又没失去味蕾 |
[13:17] | -Ha-ha, ha-ha! -OK, but that is a great cottage pie. | -哈哈 哈哈 -好吧 但是那个土豆泥肉饼非常好吃啊 |
[13:20] | Oh, it’s really… | 哦 其实 |
[13:23] | Right, just, wait there. Wait there. | 对了 等一下 等我一下 |
[13:26] | There is nothing. No-o-o-thing that cannot be lied about. | 任何事情 所有事情 都能撒谎 |
[13:32] | Or rather, there is no truth that cannot be avoided. | 或者说 所有真相都可以不见天日 |
[13:36] | For example, if someone asks you an incriminating question, | 举个例子 如果有人质问你 |
[13:40] | simply answer with another question. | 用另一个问题来回答就好了 |
[13:42] | -Does that actually work? -With respect, | -这能管用么 -不要考虑这个 |
[13:44] | The question is, do you want it to work? | 问题是 你想不想让这法子管用 |
[13:47] | -You see? -Oooh. -Give it a go, shall we? | -怎么样 -哦 -来试试 |
[13:50] | Hi, Thomas. The lovely Alison here. | 嗨 托马斯 可爱的艾莉森就站这了 |
[13:53] | Little dress. Peck on the cheek, | 穿个小裙子 轻吻你的脸颊 |
[13:55] | maybe? I don’t know. | 或许吧 我不知道 |
[13:56] | Do you like the lovely painting I’ve done of you? | 你喜欢我给你画的这幅画吗 |
[14:01] | How could one not like the effort | 怎么会有人不喜欢你画的画呢 |
[14:06] | you put into creating… | 这么有创意 |
[14:09] | ..those beady eyes and wonky chin and the nose! | 看看这大眼泡子 歪歪扭扭的下巴 还有那鼻子 |
[14:13] | -It’s…. -OK, OK. OK, we’ve run before we can walk. | -要了命了 -好了好了好了 咱们操之过急了 |
[14:16] | Let’s try another approach, shall we? | 再试一试 好吗 |
[14:20] | Mm. Very resourceful. | 嗯 足智多谋 |
[14:22] | I mean, more of a commis chef, really. | 也算是 帮厨吧 |
[14:24] | But, you know, shown me the ropes. | 但是 教了我不少东西 |
[14:27] | And when I got demobbed, got myself a van, | 我退伍了以后 搞了个货车 |
[14:29] | turned it into a pizza truck. And that led to the restaurant. | 改装成披萨车 后来慢慢地开了个餐厅 |
[14:32] | Try a bit of that. | 尝尝这个 |
[14:37] | Oh, man! That beats cottage pie! | 哦 天哪 这比土豆泥肉饼好吃多了 |
[14:40] | Ignore him. | 不用理它 |
[14:41] | -He’s got a very unrefined palate. -So if you don’t mind me asking, | -是吃的他都不挑 -如果你不介意我问一下的话 |
[14:45] | how did you end up…? | 那你怎么成这样了呢 |
[14:48] | Ah. That question. | 啊 这个问题 |
[14:51] | Well, that’s another thing I learnt in the forces. | 我在部队里学到的另一件事就是 |
[14:55] | When things go south, you very rarely see it coming. | 当事情变糟的时候 你是无法预知的 |
[15:02] | -You cannot do this! -Come on, now. | -你们不能这样 -松手 |
[15:04] | -Unhand it! -Let it go. -Unhand it! Oh, no, it’s valuable. | -住手 -放手吧 -你住手 哦 不 这个很值钱的 |
[15:08] | Come on. There you go. | 快点的 这边 |
[15:09] | -Father! -What in heaven’s name is going on? | -父亲 -这到底是怎么回事 |
[15:12] | Now, now, now. There’s no need for histrionics. | 没事没事没事 没必要这么夸张 |
[15:14] | But they’re taking away the furniture! | 但是他们把家具都搬走了 |
[15:16] | -It’s just a storm in a teacup! -Oh, the tree! | -小题大做罢了 -哦 我的树呀 |
[15:20] | It seems that I… I mean, the business, | 那个 就 我是说 我的生意吧 |
[15:23] | has accrued a certain amount of minor debt, | 借了一些小额债务 |
[15:25] | so I have facilitated a means to recoup those losses by investment. | 所以我想了点办法 通过投资来弥补这些损失 |
[15:32] | Sellways of Brentford. Bookmaker. | 布伦特福德交易所 赌马的 |
[15:36] | Nebworth and Son. Bookmaker. | 奈柏华兹和孙 赌马的 |
[15:39] | Yes, ignore those. Those numbers are wrong. | 是啊 忽略这些 那数都是错的 |
[15:42] | Trust me, my darling. | 相信我 亲爱的 |
[15:43] | None of this adds up. | 这些都不对 |
[15:46] | Yes, it does. | 是对的 |
[15:49] | It adds up perfectly. | 而且是刚刚好的 |
[15:54] | We have got to get some of those Haribo beans. | 咱们也去买点那个小熊糖豆 |
[15:57] | Haricot. They are nice. | 是扁豆 味道不错 |
[15:59] | HE is nice. | 他人挺好的 |
[16:01] | I’ll tell you what he is. He’s wise. | 我跟你说 他这种人啊 很聪明 |
[16:04] | -He’s a wise man. -Yeah. | -是个有头脑的人 -是啊 |
[16:05] | And I don’t use that term… | 我很少这么夸人 |
[16:08] | -No! You’re kidding me! -What? | -不是吧 开玩笑呢 -怎么了 |
[16:11] | There’s another one. Hey! | 又来一个 嘿 |
[16:14] | -Hey! -What’s all the rumpus? | -嘿 -什么事这么吵 |
[16:16] | Oh, I can’t believe it! | 哦 真不敢相信 |
[16:18] | Ha! Told you. You give them an inch… | 哈 早跟你们说了 得寸进尺 |
[16:21] | -That’s it. I’m reporting him. -Wait. No… | -我受够了 我要举报他 -等一下 别 |
[16:24] | -No, he had his chance, he’s taken us for mugs. -I agree, I agree… | -不行 我给过他机会了 他拿我们当傻子 -我知道 我知道 |
[16:26] | -We let him stay, we gave him food… -Let him have one more night, | -我们收留他 还给他吃的 -就让他再待一晚 |
[16:29] | and if he’s still there… | 如果他还在 |
[16:30] | One more night, and then in the morning… | 就再待一晚上 早上再 |
[16:32] | We’ve said you said one more night so many times… | 咱们都说了多少回 再待一晚了 |
[16:34] | And then we can at least… | 然后咱们就能 |
[16:36] | -You pressed send! -I didn’t press send. YOU pressed send. | -你点了发送 -我没点 你点的 |
[16:38] | -I did not press send. -Well, someone pressed send. | -我没点 -那总有人点了吧 |
[16:44] | How dare you?! | 好大的胆子 |
[16:48] | I’m no liberal, but ejecting a vagrant at Christmas? | 我虽然不是自由党派的 但是在圣诞节驱逐流浪汉 |
[16:52] | I would never, ever, stoop so low. | 我绝对 也永远 不会这么卑鄙 |
[16:58] | See? Fibbing’s easy. | 看见没 撒谎多容易 |
[17:04] | Look, it’s done now. | 反正现在都这样了 |
[17:05] | And he’s only got himself to blame. | 要怪也只能怪他自己 |
[17:07] | -We’ve been understanding. -Very understanding. | -咱们一直都通情达理 -非常体谅人 |
[17:09] | -Yeah. He forced our hand. -Yeah. Well, your hand. | -是啊 他逼咱们出手的 -是啊 你出的手 |
[17:12] | Let’s not get into that again. | 咱俩别再吵这个了 |
[17:14] | Point is, it’s been dealt with and cosy Cooper Christmas is back on. | 重点是 事情已经解决了 库柏家的温馨圣诞节又回来了 |
[17:18] | We can sleep soundly in our… | 我们可以安睡在我们的 |
[17:24] | -Did you sleep? -Nope. -Me neither. | -你睡着了吗 -没 -我也没 |
[17:31] | -Mrs Cooper… -I’ll say it. | -库柏夫人 -我来说 |
[17:33] | There be a field yonder that does lie fallow. | 那边有一片休耕的田地 |
[17:37] | But it’s nice. Is very nice. | 但是那片地很好 特别好 |
[17:39] | Guys, please. | 朋友们 拜托了 |
[17:40] | We is proposing that you and the him one go live on it | 我们建议你和他搬那边儿去 |
[17:44] | and we has the house. | 把房子还给我们 |
[17:47] | -Fine. -What? | -行 -什么 |
[17:50] | OK, right, then. | 好了 来吧 |
[17:51] | We have building stuff in order of urgency. | 我们要按照紧急程度来修补建筑 |
[17:55] | Or the walls will fall down. | 不然墙就倒了 |
[17:57] | Then we have utilities, because I assume you want your lights on? | 然后是水电费 我觉得你们还想让灯亮着的吧 |
[18:02] | TV licence. | 电视费 |
[18:03] | Cos you’d be lost without Loose Women, Mary. | 看不了《放荡女人》[英剧]你会很失望的 玛丽 |
[18:05] | And gas bill. | 还有燃气费 |
[18:06] | So… Erm… | 所以 呃 |
[18:09] | It’s gone. The other tent. | 没了 另一个帐篷 |
[18:18] | Morning. Oh, very Christmassy. | 早上好 哦 真有圣诞节气氛呀 |
[18:22] | Just to say I had a friend come by last night, last minute thing, | 跟你们说一声 昨晚我有个朋友过来了 临时决定的 |
[18:25] | quite late. So he stayed over in the field… in the garden. | 也挺晚的 所以他就在田里 在花园里过的夜 |
[18:29] | But he’s gone now. Just in case you’ve spotted him | 不过他已经走了 我怕你们看到他 |
[18:31] | and you were… you know. | 你们会有点那个 |
[18:33] | And, well, I’ll be gone soon too, I promise. | 我很快也要走了 我保证 |
[18:36] | I’m sorry, it’s taken so long. | 很抱歉 待了太久了 |
[18:38] | You know, I’ve been trying to sort something out, | 我一直在努力理顺自己的生活 |
[18:40] | but it’s a tricky time of year. | 不过眼下这时节挺难的 |
[18:41] | Oh, I fixed the outside tap. | 哦 我把外面的水龙头修好了 |
[18:43] | There was a drip, so I wrapped some… | 有点滴水 我就包了点 |
[18:47] | Some… Are they here for me? | 他们是为我的事来的吗 |
[18:51] | We… thought… | 我们 以为 |
[18:54] | Er, well, if you can’t… | 呃 如果你没法 |
[18:56] | No, no, no. I understand. | 别别别 我懂 |
[19:00] | Nicholas, I… | 尼古拉斯 我 |
[19:08] | Well, that’s it, then. I mean… | 那就这样了 我是说 |
[19:14] | ..this is what we wanted, right? | 我们本来就希望这样对吧 |
[19:15] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[19:17] | -Gone where? -To get his reindeer, of course! | -走去哪了 -当然是去找他的驯鹿了 |
[19:21] | And the presents. It’s Christmas Eve! | 还有礼物 今天是圣诞夜 |
[19:34] | -I feel bad. -I feel bad. -There but for the grace of God… | -太糟心了 -太糟心了 -感谢上帝走的不是我 |
[19:39] | -What can we do? -Yeah. What can we do? | -我们能做什么 -对啊 我们能做什么 |
[19:44] | And Simeon is in continual dialogue with his creditors, | 西米恩一直在跟债权人商谈 |
[19:47] | and now that the dyke has been dammed, I have no doubt at all | 现在漏洞已经补上了 我们肯定能 |
[19:50] | that we will bounce back. | 东山再起 |
[19:52] | But with the banks refusing us credit, | 但是银行拒绝向我们放贷 |
[19:56] | my hope was that you, dear sister, might… | 我希望亲爱的妹妹 你可以 |
[19:59] | Lavinia… | 拉维尼娅 |
[20:03] | We wish to help, of course. | 我们当然愿意帮忙 |
[20:06] | Money is not the issue. | 钱不是问题 |
[20:09] | I fear only that were such a loan to become public knowledge, | 我只是担心 如果这样一笔借款让大家知道了 |
[20:15] | somehow, the damage to your family reputation would be irreparable. | 会对你的家族声望造成无法挽回的伤害 |
[20:23] | So, for your benefit entirely, I’m afraid we must decline. | 所以 完全是从你的利益出发 恐怕我们只能拒绝 |
[20:31] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[20:33] | Quite right. | 好的 |
[20:36] | So sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[20:42] | Are we to be destitute? | 我们要一无所有了吗 |
[20:45] | Cast out on the street and in such a season! | 要流落街头了 还是在这个时候 |
[20:50] | Lavinia, | 拉维尼娅 |
[20:51] | may I inquire as to the current circumstances of young Stephanie? | 我可不可以问下 小斯蒂芬妮现在的情况 |
[20:57] | You see, I have a cousin, a wealthy family, | 是这样的 我有个表亲 出身豪门 |
[21:02] | who has this somewhat wayward son… | 他有个不听话的儿子 |
[21:09] | Do you know the Buttons at all? | 你听说过巴顿家族吗 |
[21:18] | -He’s got like a white beard and looks a lot like… -Yeah. | -他的胡子是白的 看起来特别像 -对 |
[21:21] | Nick. Used to come round here from time to time. | 是尼克 以前时不时会来这里 |
[21:23] | Not for ages, though. Have you tried St Lawrence’s? | 不过不会待太久 你去圣劳伦斯找过吗 |
[21:26] | -Yeah. -And Millside. -Yeah. | -找过 -也去粉边找过了 -对 |
[21:29] | -Well, if you do see him, could you give him this, please? -Sure. | -那你如果见到他 可以把这个给他吗 -可以 |
[21:32] | I mean, if I see him. But people drop off the radar, you know? | 如果见到他的话 但是他们有时候会失联 你懂吧 |
[21:35] | Plenty do need help, though, this time of the year. | 不过这个时节总是有很多人需要帮助的 |
[21:37] | So… It was specifically him we were… | 我们想找的就是他一个 |
[21:41] | Nah. It’s shot. The filament’s gone. | 不行 坏掉了 加热丝坏了 |
[21:45] | Perfect timing. | 坏得真是时候 |
[21:47] | I don’t suppose you’ve got a spare oven knocking around, by any chance? | 你们不会碰巧带的有不用的烤箱吧 |
[21:50] | Sorry, man. Yeah. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[21:52] | It was a long shot. No Christmas lunch tomorrow. | 问下也不亏 明天的圣诞午餐没得吃了 |
[21:56] | -Although… -What? | -不过 -什么 |
[22:03] | Yeah, of course, man. Yeah, come on in. | 当然可以 进来吧 |
[22:05] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[22:07] | Merry Christmas, man. | 圣诞快乐 兄弟 |
[22:08] | Hey. | 你们好啊 |
[22:16] | Question 219. | 第219题 |
[22:18] | What’s Pat’s favourite sauce? | 帕特最爱的酱汁是哪种 |
[22:20] | -Is it gravy? -It is gravy, yeah. | -肉汁吗 -没错是肉汁 |
[22:25] | Well, it was. | 曾经是 |
[22:26] | You are a terrible cook! | 你的厨艺也太差了 |
[22:28] | -Hey! -Nicholas! | -嗨 -尼古拉斯 |
[22:30] | -I’m so sorry, we’re so… -I know. | -真不好意思 我们太 -我明白 |
[22:34] | I guess we can all be a bit quick to judge, eh? | 我们都是 有点着急下判断了 |
[22:36] | I thought you were rich, but this place is an absolute… | 我还以为你们很有钱 但这里也太 |
[22:39] | -Well, we’re working on it. -Come on, shift over. | -我们还在装修 -赶紧 换过来吧 |
[22:41] | There’s some gravy there that needs rescuing. | 这些肉汁还等着大厨来拯救 |
[22:43] | Ha-ha! Yes, of course. Parachuting in to save the day! | 当然 天降奇兵 拯救世界 |
[22:46] | -Take the man out of the Army… -I’ll teach you a little trick | -从陆军里拉个人出来 -我来教你一个小技巧 |
[22:49] | -I picked up in the Navy. -Navy? Oh, good lord, no. | -我在海军里学的 -海军 天呐不是吧 |
[22:53] | No, Alison, he’s not to be trusted. They’re barely even trained. | 不 艾莉森 这个人不可信 他们根本没受过啥训练 |
[22:56] | I mean, it’s essentially civilians with fancy hats. | 基本上就是些戴了漂亮帽子的平民百姓 |
[22:59] | I don’t want to wear it. I feel… Nicholas! I’m so sorry. | 我不想穿这个 感觉 尼古拉斯 太抱歉了 |
[23:03] | -We’re so sorry. -I know, I know. Looking good. | -我们真是对不起 -我明白 看着不错啊 |
[23:07] | Oh, don’t. They’re grown ups, it’s embarrassing. | 别说了 他们都是成年人 好尴尬 |
[23:09] | Rubbish. They love it. | 胡说 他们特别喜欢 |
[23:10] | -It’s easy for you to say. -Well, what size are the boots? | -你是站着说话不腰疼 -靴子多大码的 |
[23:15] | I’m telling you – he’s in the kitchen. | 我告诉你们 他在厨房里 |
[23:18] | He’s all dressed in red and white… | 穿着红白相间的衣服 |
[23:20] | Oh, Kitty, you dear, sweet thing. | 凯蒂 你真是个小可爱 |
[23:23] | The simple fact is… | 事实很简单 就是 |
[23:29] | See? He came! | 看吧 他来了 |
[23:35] | He always does. | 他总会来的 |
[23:37] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[23:40] | Right. I think we are good, to… Oh, the Yorkshire puds. | 好 感觉我们可以去 啊 约克郡布丁 |
[23:44] | Oh, got it! | 我来拿 |
[23:47] | Oh, they look great. | 看起来很赞 |
[23:48] | -Are they enough? -Should be. | -够吃吗 -应该够 |
[23:51] | There’s 36 of them and 23 people so that’s… | 一共36个布丁 23个人 |
[23:53] | -..everyone gets… -1.5652. | -所以每个人有 -1.5652个 |
[23:57] | One and a half ish. | 一个半 左右 |
[23:59] | Well, then dinner is served. | 那就可以开饭啦 |
[24:02] | OK. | 好呀 |
[24:05] | -It’s so exciting. Let’s… -Don’t fuss, Mother. | -太刺激了 我们 -别大惊小怪了 母亲 |
[24:08] | This isn’t fussing. It’s standards! | 这不是大惊小怪 这是讲究 |
[24:11] | These people have standards. | 这些人很讲究的 |
[24:15] | I mean, have you seen this place, Fanny? | 你有没有好好看这个地方 范妮 |
[24:17] | They’ve got a ballroom. | 他们有宴会厅 |
[24:19] | A ballroom! | 宴会厅 |
[24:23] | Chin up, chin up. Crushing the collar. | 抬头挺胸 把领子折好 |
[24:25] | Oh, and that’s what’s important? | 这些才重要吗 |
[24:28] | Please, just… | 拜托你了 |
[24:31] | Yeah. | 好吗 |
[24:32] | I’m not a stuffed dress, Mother. I have a mind, ambition. | 我不是花瓶 母亲 我有头脑 有野心 |
[24:36] | There are other ways out of this. I could learn, I could help Father. | 还有别的方法可以摆脱困境 我可以学习 帮助父亲 |
[24:40] | This is how you can help your father. | 只有这样你才能帮你父亲 |
[24:42] | This is how you can help us all! | 这样你才能帮我们大家 |
[24:46] | M’ladies… Mr George Button. | 女士们 乔治·巴顿先生 |
[24:50] | Oh, good evening. Welcome to Button House. | 晚上好 欢迎来到巴顿庄园 |
[24:54] | Oh, this one is for you, Humphrey. | 这个是你的 汉弗莱 |
[24:59] | -Merry Christmas. -Oh, thank you! | -圣诞快乐 -谢谢 |
[25:04] | And click it. Come on! | 点一下 快点 |
[25:08] | Click-click! | 点一点 |
[25:12] | Ah. Asleep on the job, eh? | 工作时睡觉是吧 |
[25:17] | Typical Navy man. | 典型的海军作风 |
[25:18] | -Who’s a good boy? -You wouldn’t catch someone in the army doing that. | -谁是好狗狗 -陆军的人才不会这样 |
[25:21] | Who’s a good boy? You are. You! | 谁是好狗狗 是你 你哦 |
[25:24] | Just getting the tea, Mike. | 我去倒杯茶 迈克 |
[25:29] | Mrs Cooper. Alison. | 库柏太太 艾莉森 |
[25:32] | Given the season, which is ridiculous anyway, | 考虑到这个节日 反正挺可笑的 |
[25:35] | we’ve got tree in the front room and the guy with the beard | 厅里有棵树 还有那个大胡子的人 |
[25:38] | come down the chimney… | 从烟囱下来 |
[25:40] | We have decided to gift the land and house thereon, | 我们决定把土地和上面的房屋 |
[25:45] | to you and the man one, on a long term loan. | 长期地赠予你和那个人 |
[25:48] | For a period of… | 为期 |
[25:51] | ..as long as you likes. | 随你喜欢 |
[25:52] | So you’re going to give a house that you don’t have, | 所以你们打算把不属于你们的房屋 |
[25:55] | to the people who already own it? | 送给原本拥有它的人 |
[25:59] | -Exactly. -OK. Yeah. Deal. | -没错 -好吧 成交 |
[26:08] | Pleasure doing business with you. | 跟你们打交道真是愉快 |
[26:11] | -Well, we showed her! -Oh, yes. | -可算让她见识到了 -没错 |
[26:18] | Oh, yeah… | 这个 |
[26:22] | I-I should have got someone in, and I think I used the wrong paint | 我应该请人来画 我好像还用错了颜料 |
[26:26] | -and it’s quite hard to… -It doesn’t matter. | -真的不容易 -没关系 |
[26:30] | It’s still the same girl underneath. | 里面的那个姑娘一直都没变 |
[26:40] | Right. Last present. | 好了 最后一个礼物 |
[26:42] | OK, I know, I know you’re excited, Thomas. | 我知道你很兴奋 托马斯 |
[26:45] | But please bear in mind that I am not a professional. | 不过请记住 我不是专业画手 |
[26:47] | -I hate it. I’ve seen it, and I hate it. -OK. | -我讨厌它 我看过了 而且讨厌它 -好的 |
[26:51] | And I know I shouldn’t have looked, but I did. | 我知道不该看 但我看了 |
[26:53] | And now I can’t unsee it, because it’s the worst thing | 现在眼睛也污染了 因为这是我见过最差劲的东西 |
[26:55] | I’ve ever seen! Not just the worst painting, | 不只是最差劲的画 |
[26:57] | but the worst conceivable thing and I cannot pretend otherwise, | 而且是我能想到最差劲的东西 我没办法假装 |
[27:00] | as I just respect you too damn much, Alison! | 因为我太尊重你了 艾莉森 |
[27:04] | Right. I see. | 好吧 我懂了 |
[27:06] | I wish you’d said before I did the finishing touches. | 你应该在我最后润色之前说的 |
[27:11] | -Wait! It’s brilliant! -OK, yeah. Don’t patronise me. | -等下 这是杰作啊 -行吧 别安慰我了 |
[27:14] | No, no, no, no, no. Now that it’s complete. | 不不不 原来这才是成品 |
[27:17] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. You’ve said your piece. | 是是是 你已经评论过了 |
[27:19] | So I’ll just… I’ll make sure it never sees the light of day. | 我还是 把它放到永不见天日的地方去吧 |
[27:21] | But, but… | 但是 |
[27:32] | Merry Christmas to me! | 祝我圣诞快乐哦 |
[27:39] | Right! Time for the Christmas quiz! | 好啦 圣诞问答时间到 |
[27:43] | Oh, come on, guys. | 大家别这样嘛 |
[27:45] | Oh, shush, shush, shush. Come on, it’s Christmas Day. | 嘘嘘嘘 来吧 今天是圣诞节 |
[27:48] | Yes! Yes! | 好嘞 |
[27:49] | Question one. | 第一题 |
[27:50] | One of us in this room has a third nipple. | 这间屋里的某人有三个乳头 |
[27:54] | A, who is it? And B, where is it? | A 这个人是谁 B 乳头长在哪 |
[27:58] | -Oh, no! -Well, I don’t want to know! | -不是吧 -我可不想知道 |