时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Talk to him. | 跟他说话去 |
[00:10] | Why? We have a great text relationship. | 为什么 我们的感情正通过短信飞速升温呢 |
[00:13] | You know what’s a better text relationship? | 你知道感情更上一层楼是什么样的吗 |
[00:14] | – what? – talk to him. | -什么样 -跟他说话 |
[00:22] | -你要去哪儿 -上历史课去 我就坐在你旁边呢 | |
[00:27] | 我也是 眨眨眼 | |
[00:30] | He’s right over there. | 他就坐在那儿呢 |
[00:33] | No! | 不要 |
[00:34] | Too complicated over there. | 那边情况太复杂了 |
[00:36] | Lots can go wrong over there. | 可能会出很多差错的 |
[00:38] | The only thing that can go wrong over here is if I go over there. | 而这里唯一可能出差错的情况 就是我走过去搭话 |
[01:31] | – how’d I do? – you smelled him. | -我表现得怎么样 -你闻了他的味道 |
[01:33] | – yup. – you smelled him is what you did. | -没错 -你唯一的行动就是闻了闻他 |
[01:36] | I walk through life the way I walk through life. | 我的人生 我的风格 |
[01:40] | Can we please talk about this? | 我们能好好谈谈这事吗 |
[01:47] | “Nope.” | “不行” |
[01:54] | *I’ve been waiting* | |
[01:56] | *for a day like this to come struck like lightning* | |
[02:00] | *My heart’s beating like a drum* | |
[02:03] | *On the edge of something wonderful* | |
[02:07] | *Face to face with changes* | |
[02:10] | *What’s it all about? Life is crazy.* | |
[02:13] | *But I know I can work it out* | |
[02:15] | *’cause I got you to living with me* | |
[02:20] | *I feel all right, I’m gonna take on the world.* | |
[02:23] | *Light up the stars, I’ve got some pages to turn* | |
[02:27] | *I’m singing “Go-o-o” | |
[02:32] | *Take on the world, | |
[02:34] | *Take on the world, | |
[02:35] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:36] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:38] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:42] | You guys don’t connect with each other. | 你们根本不互相交流 |
[02:44] | It’s like you can’t exist without these. | 就好像没了手机 你们就活不了一样 |
[02:47] | You use emoticons rather than emotions. | 你们就会使用表情符号 而非情感 |
[02:50] | You’re an unfeeling generation of zombies. | 你们简直是知觉退化的僵尸一代 |
[02:58] | Stop eating her. | 别再吃她了 |
[03:03] | – you’re late, miss Myzell. – my goldfish died. | -你迟到了 麦塞尔小姐 -我养的金鱼死了 |
[03:08] | You see? | 瞧见没 |
[03:08] | This is what I’m talking about. | 我说的就是像这样的 |
[03:10] | Miss Myzell has clearly suffered a tragic loss. | 麦塞尔小姐显然遭遇了极为不幸的事 |
[03:13] | Yet she does not seem in touch with her actual emotions. | 但她的情感似乎完全是麻木的 |
[03:16] | ‘scuze me? | 你说什么 |
[03:17] | I am crying my eyes out. | 我的眼睛都要哭瞎了 |
[03:20] | I’m gonna have to leave class early. | 我今天得早点下课了 |
[03:26] | Oh, she actually made it out the door this time. | 她这回竟然成功走出门了呢 |
[03:29] | I actually made it out the door this time! | 我这次竟然畅通无阻地走出了门 |
[03:35] | Dad, adjust and deal. | 老爸 你就老实接受吧 |
[03:37] | Cellphones have been around for, like, ever. | 手机自古以来就是人类生活的一部分 |
[03:39] | It’ll amaze you to know that there was a whole world | 你会惊讶地发现 在你和手机出现之前 |
[03:42] | Before you and cellphones. | 也曾有一个完整的美好世界 |
[03:44] | And it’ll amaze you to know | 你一定也会惊讶地发现 |
[03:45] | that I have 394 friends in here. | 我在手机上有394位好友呢 |
[03:48] | And I’m amazed that you believe that. | 我很惊讶 你竟然真相信他们是你的好友 |
[03:55] | This is a timeline of all human existence. | 这条线代表着人类存在至今的时间线 |
[03:59] | Starting here | 从开头的这里 |
[04:00] | is everyone who ever lived, | 是所有活过 |
[04:02] | laughed, loved, and understood the value of life. | 笑过 爱过 并理解生命真正价值的人 |
[04:07] | The cellphone era, which begins right around here | 而手机时代 开始于 这里 |
[04:12] | Pretty much destroys all of that. | 差不多算是毁了那一切 |
[04:14] | Way to go, you. | 真有你们的 |
[04:17] | Sir, if I may take a different position? | 老师 我能表示不同意吗 |
[04:19] | Yeah, save me, Mr. Friar. Do I go too far? | 行啊 弗瑞尔先生 我说的太过分了吗 |
[04:21] | Always, sir. | 向来如此 老师 |
[04:24] | I understand your point, but I use my phone | 我明白你的意思 但我会用手机 |
[04:27] | to video chat my old friends | 跟我的老朋友们视频聊天 |
[04:28] | And to find out what’s going on in Texas. | 实时了解一下德州那边的情况 |
[04:30] | Yeah. How else can he keep tabs | 是啊 不然他怎么能关注 |
[04:32] | On all the hoedowns and cattle pageants? | 方形舞和牛选美大会的状况 |
[04:35] | – Maya! – it’s okay, Riley. | -玛雅 -没关系 莱丽 |
[04:37] | I’m unaffected by Maya’s views of country life. | 玛雅心中的乡村生活场景并不会冒犯到我 |
[04:40] | As my uncle Buster always says, | 正如我巴斯特叔叔常说的一句话 |
[04:42] | “Be like an eagle and soar above the mockingbird.” | “反舌鸟安知雄鹰之志哉” |
[04:45] | – You’re the mockingbird. – I know. | -他把你比作反舌鸟 -我知道 |
[04:49] | It kills me that I can’t get to you. | 没办法抨击你真是让我生不如死 |
[04:51] | Sorry, ma’am. | 不好意思啦 小姐 |
[04:56] | Farkle time, sir? | 能开始弗科时段了吗 老师 |
[04:57] | oh, I love Farkle time. | 我好爱弗科时段 |
[05:02] | With all due respect to history, Mr. Matthews, | 我无意亵渎历史 麦修斯老师 |
[05:04] | What’s important to our generation | 对我们这一代来说更重要的 |
[05:05] | will be on this side of the timeline, | 应该是时间线的未来那端 |
[05:07] | when Farkle and technology rule. | 那时候弗科和科技将统治一切 |
[05:11] | And I will easily be able to make another one of you… | 到时候我将轻易克隆出一个你 |
[05:14] | and another one of you. | 再克隆出一个你 |
[05:16] | Wait, so now there’s four of us and one of you? | 等等 到时候我们就有4个 而你只有一个吗 |
[05:20] | That’s awesome. | 那真是爽呆了 |
[05:23] | The future– you can’t escape it. | 未来 无法逃避 |
[05:24] | I am Farkle! | 在下弗科 |
[05:29] | The assignment– you can’t escape it. | 作业 无法逃避 |
[05:31] | I am teacher! | 在下老师 |
[05:34] | Okay, so here’s what we’re going to do, guys. | 听好了 我们接下来要这么做 各位 |
[05:35] | We’re going to split into teams and discover | 我们分成小组 然后开始探讨 |
[05:38] | whether or not new technology has made us better people. | 新科技是否让我们变成了更优秀的人 |
[05:42] | You’ll do presentations on your findings. | 你们必须根据结果来做课堂展示 |
[05:44] | And here’s a twist– no computers. | 难点就在于 不能用电脑 |
[05:46] | What?! | 神马 |
[05:48] | We’re going old school. | 我们要采取传统方式 |
[05:49] | You’re going to do your research at the New York public library. | 你们必须去纽约公共图书馆做研究 |
[05:52] | Where?! | 那是在哪儿 |
[05:54] | And here’s another twist because I trust you not at all– | 还有另外一个难点 因为我根本不信任你们 |
[05:57] | Give me your cellphones. | 请把手机都交上来 |
[05:58] | – No! – yeah. | -不要啊 -就要 |
[06:00] | Come on, hand ’em up, hand ’em up. | 来吧 交上来 都交上来 |
[06:03] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[06:06] | Okay, so our teams for this assignment– | 好了 接下来听好分组情况 |
[06:09] | Maya– | 玛雅 |
[06:11] | what up! | 你好呀 |
[06:13] | And Riley, | 莱丽 |
[06:15] | You will be with– no! | 你们将和…不行 |
[06:19] | No! | 不行 |
[06:21] | No! | 不要啊 |
[06:24] | Why did you have to come here? | 你为什么非要转学到这里啊 |
[06:27] | Sorry I make you uneasy, sir. | 抱歉我让你不淡定了 老师 |
[06:29] | Oh, dad, we don’t even have our phones. | 老爸 我们现在连手机都没有了 |
[06:31] | I mean, what could possibly happen? | 能发生什么事呢 |
[06:38] | Hey, soaring eagle, you walkin’ with us to the library tonight? | 嘿雄鹰 你今晚要跟我们一起去图书馆吗 |
[06:41] | Sure, if that’s good with you guys. | 好啊 只有你们没意见就行 |
[06:43] | Well, seeing as how you’re Riley’s partner on this assignment, | 既然你是莱丽此次作业的搭档 |
[06:47] | I guess we should find out if it’s okay with her. | 我看只要问她有没有意见就行了 |
[06:50] | Riley? | 莱丽 |
[06:54] | Riley, any thoughts on this | 莱丽 有什么想法 |
[06:55] | that might come out of your mouth in word form? | 能以语言的形式从嘴里说出来吗 |
[06:58] | No, because you don’t have your phone anymore, | 不行 因为你没有手机就说不了话了 |
[07:01] | So what are you going to do to communicate? I wonder. | 我在想 你接下来要怎么跟人交流呢 |
[07:05] | Oh, look at that. | 瞧瞧这手势 |
[07:07] | Two thumbs up from Riley. | 莱丽竖起了两个大拇指 |
[07:09] | And a smiley face. | 面带笑容 |
[07:19] | It was a good day. | 今天是美好的一天 |
[07:21] | And then my friends treated me nicely. | 然后我的朋友们对我也很友善 |
[07:24] | And then my teacher measured us | 然后我的老师替我们量了身高 |
[07:25] | And then I’m growing. | 然后发现我在长个子 |
[07:27] | And then Jenny Lewis loves me… | 然后珍妮·路易斯爱上我 |
[07:32] | I think because I’m growing. | 我觉得是因为我在长个儿 |
[07:35] | It wasn’t a good day. | 今天是糟糕的一天 |
[07:37] | And then my friend pulled my hair out. | 然后我朋友搞得我心烦意乱 |
[07:40] | And then my teacher took my phone away | 然后我老师没收了我的手机 |
[07:43] | And then my teacher was also my father. | 然后 我老师竟然就是我老爸 |
[07:48] | At least you’re growing. | 至少你也在长个儿啊 |
[07:50] | Honey, please don’t come apart. | 宝贝 别崩溃 |
[07:52] | Look at this as a beautiful | 就把这当做跟你的家人 |
[07:53] | opportunity to spend time with your family. | 亲密相处的大好机会 |
[08:00] | Hello, Riley. | 你好呀 莱丽 |
[08:02] | How you doin’? | 你还好吗 |
[08:03] | Want to hear about my day? It was a good day. | 你想听听我今天的情况吗 真是美好的一天 |
[08:05] | Mom! | 妈 |
[08:06] | Forgive her, Auggie. She misses her telephone. | 原谅她 奥吉 她想念她的手机了 |
[08:08] | Well, then she can have mine. | 那她可以用我的啊 |
[08:12] | The cow goes… | 牛的叫声是… |
[08:17] | I’m not gonna make it. | 我肯定撑不过去的 |
[08:18] | That’s what your father thinks. | 那就正中你爸的下怀了 |
[08:19] | She can’t. | 她不行的 |
[08:20] | Honey, please don’t make your father right. | 宝贝 别证明你爸猜对了 |
[08:22] | It’s no good for any of us when your father is right. | 你爸要是说对了一回 我们的日子都不好过 |
[08:25] | She’s right. | 她说的很对 |
[08:29] | Why are you really doing this? | 你究竟为什么要这么做 |
[08:32] | Because I want you and your friends to become human beings. | 因为我希望你和你的朋友们做个真正的人 |
[08:35] | And I believe that by doing this, | 我相信通过这么做 |
[08:36] | you guys can learn to become real human beings. | 你们可以学会做个真正的人 |
[08:40] | Hey, losers, it’s Maya. | 嘿 衰仔们 玛雅驾到 |
[08:42] | Except her. | 除了她 |
[08:44] | You know what? I am going to do this. | 那好吧 我打算接受挑战 |
[08:48] | I can get through this whole thing without making a text or a call. | 我可以不发短信不打电话 顽强撑过去 |
[08:54] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[08:55] | Of course you can, sweetheart. | 你当然可以了 宝贝 |
[08:57] | And you know what? You’re already a wonderful human being. | 你知道吗 你已经是个很出色的人了 |
[09:00] | But every so often, | 但是时不时的 |
[09:01] | – little tests like this are gonna come up. – why? | -就会出现这样的小考验 -为什么 |
[09:04] | Because it’s your father’s job to give you little tests. | 因为你老爸的职责就是要考验你们 |
[09:07] | And maybe along the way, | 或许在这过程中 |
[09:09] | You guys are going to learn a little bit more about yourselves. | 你们可以对自己有更多的了解 |
[09:12] | Yeah, like I’ve learned | 是啊 比如我就发现 |
[09:13] | that I’m actually really okay with all of this. | 我对这一切完全可以接受 |
[09:16] | You don’t miss your phone? | 你不想念你的手机吗 |
[09:17] | I was the only one in class without a smart phone anyway. | 我本来就是班上唯一一个没有智能手机的人 |
[09:19] | And now I kind of feel like everybody’s even. | 现在我觉得大家都平等了 |
[09:22] | Farkle. | 弗科驾到 |
[09:23] | Be ready in a minute. | 一会儿就下来 |
[09:24] | And Lucas. | 以及卢卡斯 |
[09:25] | Ready now! | 马上出发 |
[09:31] | Did you see that? | 你瞧见这一幕了吗 |
[09:32] | You know what that was? | 你知道那是什么情况吗 |
[09:34] | That was boys. Too soon for boys. | 那是男孩子们 现在接触男孩子太早了吧 |
[09:36] | Not ready for boys. I don’t want boys. | 没准备好吧 我不喜欢男孩子 |
[09:38] | We just gonna accept boys? | 我们难道要接受男孩子了吗 |
[09:40] | It happened, she’s gone. | 都已经发生了 她已经走了 |
[09:41] | She was nice, we had fun, | 她是个乖女儿 曾给我们带来过很多乐趣 |
[09:43] | But we still have him. | 但我们还有这一个啊 |
[09:44] | – you want to color? – color! | -你想来涂彩吗 -涂彩 |
[09:46] | Of course you do. Let’s color for the rest of our lives. | 你当然想了 我们就快乐地涂彩一辈子吧 |
[09:54] | – Will I be getting a real cellphone someday? – someday. | -我什么时候能有真正的手机呢 -总有天会有的 |
[09:57] | Dominic Falcone has a real cellphone. | 多米尼克·法科尼已经有真手机了 |
[10:01] | Would you rather have a real cellphone | 你是愿意要真手机呢 |
[10:02] | Or would you rather color with us? | 还是跟我们一起涂彩呢 |
[10:05] | Color with you. | 跟你们一起涂彩 |
[10:08] | Does that get me a cellphone? | 你们会因此而奖励我一部手机吗 |
[10:11] | Not too much longer with this one either. | 我看这小子翅膀很快也要硬了 |
[10:13] | Well, you’ll always have me. | 你至少还有我啊 |
[10:14] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:25] | What is this place? | 这是什么地方啊 |
[10:27] | This is where the ancients stored all of their wisdom. | 就是古人们储藏智慧的地方 |
[10:31] | – look at all of those… – books. | -瞧瞧这些… -书 |
[10:33] | Books. | 书啊 |
[10:36] | Look. | 看啊 |
[10:40] | “Tales of human interaction.” | 《人际交往故事集》 |
[10:42] | We’ll take it. Thanks, quickdraw. | 就要这本了 谢谢 真迅速 |
[10:44] | Farkle, do whatever you do with that. | 弗科 该怎么做就怎么做吧 |
[10:46] | You mean read? | 你是说阅读吗 |
[10:48] | – “Chapter one–” – oh, I’m bored out of my mind. | -第一章 -我已经无聊死了 |
[10:49] | Let’s go to a movie. | 我们去看电影吧 |
[10:55] | There’s one of those ancients now. | 眼前就出现了一个古人 |
[11:01] | Oh, wondrous gatekeeper of the knowledge, | 伟大的知识守门人 |
[11:03] | we are travelers from another time and place. | 我们是来自另一个时空的旅人 |
[11:05] | Seventh grade middle school. | 中学七年级 |
[11:09] | We wish to partake of this information from your great hall of wisdom. | 我们希望从您伟大的智慧殿堂里获得一些信息 |
[11:12] | – Do you rent phones? – shh! | -你这儿有租手机业务吗 -嘘 |
[11:15] | – there’s no one here but us. – why do we have to shush? | -除了我们没有其他人啊 -为什么要噤声 |
[11:17] | Let me handle this, Maya. | 我来处理 玛雅 |
[11:19] | She obviously likes it quiet. | 她显然很喜欢安静地”做事” |
[11:23] | Hello, book lady. | 你好啊 看书女 |
[11:27] | Well, hello. | 你好 |
[11:28] | And who might you be? | 请问你是谁 |
[11:30] | I might be Farkle. | 我是弗科 |
[11:32] | Would you do me a favor, Farkle? | 你能帮我个忙吗 弗科 |
[11:34] | Oh, you know I will. | 你知道我肯定会帮的 |
[11:37] | Why don’t you go over there | 你们不如都到那边去 |
[11:40] | And… shh! | 然后 闭嘴 |
[11:43] | Well, that’s disappointing. | 真令人失望 |
[11:50] | So… | 所以… |
[11:57] | This chapter is called “Disconnect to connect.” | 这一章叫做”社交网络不停 人际交流不行” |
[12:00] | “Not until we put down our phones, switch off our computers | “只有放下手机 关闭电脑 |
[12:02] | And look in each other’s eyes | 四目相对 互相凝视 |
[12:04] | Will we be able to touch each other’s hearts.” | 才能真正触及相互的心灵” |
[12:06] | Yeah, like that’s going to work on anybody. | 说得好像这一招在谁身上会有用似的 |
[12:18] | People used to need places like this. | 人们以前需要这样的地方 |
[12:20] | Now we can hold everything that’s here | 现在我们可以把一切都放在 |
[12:21] | in a little device we can put in our pockets. | 一个小电子设备里 装在口袋里就行 |
[12:23] | I don’t even need to look out this window to know | 我都不需要看向窗外就能知道 |
[12:24] | what phase the moon is in or where the stars are. | 今晚的月相和星星的位置 |
[12:27] | Yeah, well, I don’t have a phone like that. | 好吧 我可没有那么高级的手机 |
[12:29] | I just have the actual sky. | 我只能看向真正的天空 |
[12:31] | Oh, I’m so sorry for you. | 我真为你感到遗憾 |
[12:32] | You’re at a real disadvantage. | 你这样可比别人落后一大截 |
[12:34] | That can be the basis of our presentation, okay? | 那可以作为我们演讲展示的基本要领了 对吧 |
[12:36] | Want to read back the notes? | 想看一遍笔记吗 |
[12:38] | – what notes? – you weren’t taking notes? | -什么笔记 -你都不记笔记的吗 |
[12:40] | – no. – you know, why bother? | -没有 -算了 何必麻烦呢 |
[12:41] | Without a computer, all we have is a pencil and a pad. | 没了电脑 我们只剩铅笔和本子了 |
[12:43] | What could we possibly do with that? | 用那玩意儿能搞出什么来啊 |
[12:48] | Maya, I had no idea. | 玛雅 我之前都不知道你这么厉害 |
[12:54] | Yeah, neither did I. | 是啊 我也不知道 |
[13:00] | My dad thinks that we have no idea how to talk to each other. | 我爸觉得我们不知道该如何跟对方沟通 |
[13:03] | What if he’s right? | 万一他说的是对的呢 |
[13:06] | But we’re not saying anything. | 我们都没说什么话啊 |
[13:08] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:09] | Then why are you shushing us? | 那你为什么要嘘我们 |
[13:11] | Because I can’t take it anymore. | 因为我受不了了 |
[13:13] | You guys are hopeless. | 你们简直是没救了 |
[13:15] | Come here. | 过来 |
[13:19] | Couple of sweet kids like you | 像你们这么可爱的一堆金童玉女 |
[13:20] | and you sit there like a couple of lumps. | 却像个呆瓜一样坐在那儿 |
[13:23] | You’re a disgrace to every single story on these shelves. | 你们简直让书架上承载的每一个故事蒙羞 |
[13:28] | – okay, so what do I say to him? – look around. | -好吧 我该对他说什么 -你四下里看看 |
[13:32] | Nothing here but books about boys and girls | 都是些关于男孩和女孩 男人和女人 |
[13:34] | And men and women and what they say to each other. | 以及他们相互间如何交流的书 |
[13:37] | Open any one of them and you– no, not that one. | 随便打开一本 不 这本不行 |
[13:40] | Oh, boy, not that one! | 别 这本也不行 |
[13:43] | Look, all these books have one thing in common. | 所有这些书都有一个共同点 |
[13:47] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[13:48] | You start on page one, and each page you turn | 你从第一页开始看 每多翻一页 |
[13:51] | Brings you deeper into the story. | 都会带你进入故事的更深层次 |
[13:53] | – what’s your name? – Riley. | -你叫什么名字 -莱丽 |
[13:54] | – what’s his name? – Lucas. | -他叫什么名字 -卢卡斯 |
[13:57] | You like a good story, Riley? | 你喜欢美好的故事吗 莱丽 |
[13:59] | Then start at the beginning. | 那就开个好头吧 |
[14:17] | “Because it’s not until you really looked at each other | “因为只有当你们真正看着对方 |
[14:20] | And made a human connection | 产生人与人之间的交流 |
[14:21] | that you can even begin to know each other.” | 你们才能真正开始了解彼此” |
[14:23] | – Look in my eyes. – No. | -看着我的眼睛 -不要 |
[14:24] | – Look in my eyes. – No. | -看着我的眼睛 -不要 |
[14:25] | – Look in my eyes. – No. | -看着我的眼睛 -不要 |
[14:28] | I guess the thing I miss most about Texas | 我觉得我最想念德州的 |
[14:31] | are the pets I used to have. | 就是我以前养的那些宠物 |
[14:32] | I had a hamster. | 我养过一只仓鼠 |
[14:34] | I had 24 horses. | 我养过24匹马 |
[14:36] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[14:39] | Tell me about them. | 跟我说说那些马吧 |
[14:41] | One day after school, | 有一天放学后 |
[14:43] | Sofia was foaling. | 索菲亚在分娩 |
[14:45] | That means she was giving birth, right? | 就是生小马的意思 对吧 |
[14:48] | Not too bad, city girl. | 不错嘛 城里姑娘 |
[14:50] | And there was no one there, | 当时没有一个人在 |
[14:52] | So I called Dr. Galendo | 我打给了格伦达医生 |
[14:55] | And he talked me through it. | 他在电话里指导我完成了接生工作 |
[14:58] | Anyway, that was all. | 总之 就这些吧 |
[15:01] | More. | 再多说点吧 |
[15:03] | Did you know that a baby horse | 你知道小马驹在出生后的一小时 |
[15:05] | stands in the first hour after it’s born? | 会一直保持着站立吗 |
[15:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:08] | I’d liked to have been there for that. | 我真想亲眼看看 |
[15:10] | The coolest thing I’ve ever seen | 那是我见过的最酷的事 |
[15:13] | And I was a part of it. | 而且我还参与了其中 |
[15:16] | – Riley. – Lucas. | -莱丽 -卢卡斯 |
[15:19] | I’ve never told this to anybody before. | 我以前从没跟任何人说过这事 |
[15:23] | Yeah? | 什么事 |
[15:24] | I think someday I might like to be a veterinarian. | 我觉得将来我可能会成为一个兽医 |
[15:28] | That’s cool too. | 那也不错 |
[15:30] | I delivered this beautiful palomino. | 我接生了一匹美丽的帕洛米诺马 |
[15:32] | I’d show you her picture, but I don’t have my phone. | 我倒是很想给你看它的照片 但可惜我手机不在 |
[15:36] | That’s okay. Just… | 没关系的 只要… |
[15:39] | Keep talking. | 继续说吧 |
[15:45] | “There is no connection you can make with any screen | “你跟任何电子屏幕间的交流 |
[15:48] | That compares to the moment you understand | 都比不上你意识到 |
[15:50] | Only human beings have souls.” | 只有人类才有灵魂的那个时刻” |
[15:55] | – I have a soul. – no. | -我有灵魂的 -没有 |
[15:56] | – I do! – No. | -真有 -真没有 |
[15:57] | I do! | 真有 |
[15:59] | No. | 真没有 |
[16:03] | – I colored a new picture. – stay like this forever. | -我又给一幅画涂彩了 -永远像这样好吗 |
[16:06] | Would you please? That’d be great. | 可以吗 那真是太棒了 |
[16:09] | The picture’s over there. | 那幅画就在那里 |
[16:12] | Mommy, daddy, Auggie, and no Riley. | 妈咪 爹地 奥吉 就是没有莱丽 |
[16:16] | Uh, Auggie, I don’t know if you– | 奥吉 我觉得你或许… |
[16:18] | It’s beautiful! | 真漂亮 |
[16:20] | I think that’s what you’re supposed to do. I have no idea. | 我只是觉得就该这么说 我不知道自己在干什么 |
[16:23] | And look at the ‘frigerator. | 你们看冰箱上 |
[16:25] | The new one? | 新买的冰箱吗 |
[16:28] | That’s our trip to the jersey shore. | 那画的是我们去泽西海滩的那次 |
[16:31] | It’s beautiful. It’s beautiful. | 真美 真美 |
[16:33] | I think that’s what you’re supposed to do. | 我觉得当家长的就该这么说 |
[16:47] | How was your night, Riley? | 今晚过得怎么样 莱丽 |
[16:49] | Thank you for sending us to the library. | 谢谢你让我们去图书馆 |
[16:52] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:53] | Yes. Lucas and I did really well on the assignment. | 是啊 卢卡斯和我把作业完成的非常好 |
[16:57] | I think that we connected. | 我觉得我们真正沟通交流了 |
[17:00] | What do you mean, connected? What are you talking about? | 你说的”交流”是什么意思 你说些什么呢 |
[17:01] | How did you connect? | 你们是怎么”交流”的 |
[17:04] | We talked about stuff that was important to us– | 我们谈论了一些对我们很重要的事 |
[17:07] | Too important to text. | 非常重要 不能发短信说 |
[17:10] | Did you know that when you listen to someone, | 你知道如果你倾听某个人说话 |
[17:13] | They’ll tell you stuff? | 他们会告诉你很多东西吗 |
[17:17] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[17:21] | Friends talk to each other, | 朋友之间会互相说话 |
[17:22] | But real friends listen. | 但真正的朋友是会倾听彼此的 |
[17:26] | Maya knows how to draw | 玛雅学会了画画 |
[17:28] | And I know how to be a real friend. | 我也学会了如何做一个真正的朋友 |
[17:32] | You’re a good teacher, dad. | 你是个好老师 老爸 |
[17:34] | You can keep my phone as long as you want. | 我的手机你想没收多久都行 |
[17:45] | – congratulations, Cory. – what did I do? | -恭喜了 科利 -我都干了些什么啊 |
[17:48] | You just taught our daughter how to feel. | 你教会了我们的女儿如何去感受 |
[17:50] | – I did that? – you did. | -那是我促成的吗 -是啊 |
[17:52] | I didn’t mean to do that. | 我的本意可不是那样 |
[17:54] | Well, you did. | 但你歪打正着了 |
[17:54] | She has feelings now? | 她现在有人类感情了吗 |
[17:56] | – mm-hmm. – how many? | -是呀 -有多少 |
[17:57] | – All of them. – well, put them back. | -全部的 -快镇压下去啊 |
[17:59] | We can’t do that. | 我们做不到 |
[18:01] | I have a way. | 我有个办法了 |
[18:02] | – There’s no way. – I have a way. | -根本不可能有办法 -我有办法了 |
[18:05] | Here you go– take your phone. Take it now. | 给 拿好你的手机 收好 |
[18:08] | Very good. Here’s your phone. | 很好 这是你的手机 |
[18:09] | Good, great, nobody talks to nobody. | 很好 大家之间都不要交流了 |
[18:12] | No more feelings. Thank you. | 别有那么多感情了 谢你们了 |
[18:16] | Okay, guys, the great technology debate. | 好了各位 关于科技的大辩论 |
[18:19] | Let’s boot it up! | 我们开始吧 |
[18:24] | I have always believed technology would help us | 我一直相信 科技可以帮助我们 |
[18:26] | fulfill our potential as a species. | 开拓作为人类的潜力 |
[18:28] | And when Farkle does rule the world, | 当弗科真的开始统治世界的时候 |
[18:30] | No matter what devices we come up with, | 不管我们发明出什么设备 |
[18:33] | We should also never forget what we can do with a pencil, | 我们永远都不该忘记我们依靠一支笔 |
[18:35] | A piece of paper and our own imaginations. | 一张纸和我们的想象力所能创作出来的东西 |
[18:43] | I’ve been keeping this in my pocket | 我一直将它放在我的口袋里 |
[18:45] | where my phone used to be. | 那是我曾经放手机的地方 |
[18:46] | I keep looking at it. | 我总是忍不住去看这幅画 |
[18:51] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:53] | Thanks, Farkle. | 谢谢你 弗科 |
[18:54] | – Look in my eyes. – no. | -看着我的眼睛 -不要 |
[18:58] | I thought my whole life was in my phone, | 我原以为我的全部生活都在手机里 |
[19:00] | But it turns out that I don’t really have any friends in here. | 但事实证明 我在手机世界里并没有真正的朋友 |
[19:04] | And you don’t need your phone to connect with your real friends. | 而且和真正的朋友沟通 其实也不需要手机 |
[19:09] | Allow us to demonstrate. | 让我们来给大家演示一下 |
[19:13] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[19:28] | I’m not that tall. | 我可没那么高 |
[19:33] | Really? | 不是吧你 |
[19:37] | How you doin’? | 你还好吗 |
[19:41] | You will keep an eye on Riley at all times. | 你要时刻盯着莱丽 |
[19:43] | You will send me message alerts. | 你要给我发短信提醒 |
[19:45] | You will send me pictures. | 你要给我传照片 |
[19:47] | You’re really scared, aren’t you? | 你真的很害怕 是吧 |
[19:49] | I’m a father. | 我是个父亲 |
[19:51] | Yeah. They’re just friends. | 好吧 他们只是朋友而已 |
[19:53] | Believe me, I know the story. | 相信我 我知道往下发展是什么情况 |
[19:56] | But you’re forgetting, I don’t have the technology. | 但你忘了 我没有那个高科技设备 |
[20:00] | Now you do. | 现在你有了 |
[20:11] | You got me a phone? | 你给我买了一部手机吗 |
[20:14] | My motives are completely selfish. | 我的动机是完全自私的 |
[20:17] | I’m not sure they are, Mr. Matthews. | 我看未必吧 麦修斯老师 |
[20:19] | Well, I also got you these. | 我还给你买了这些 |
[20:24] | – Colored pencils? – yeah. | -彩笔吗 -是的 |
[20:27] | You let me know everything that’s going on with Riley. | 你要时刻向我汇报莱丽的情况 |
[20:30] | And if something beautiful ever happens, | 如果发生了什么美好的事 |
[20:33] | Paint me a picture. | 记得给我画幅画 |