时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Look at that ninth-grade woman. She’s putting on makeup. | 瞧那个九年级的女人 她在化妆呢 |
[00:08] | We’re going to be ninth-grade women someday. | 我们有天也会成为九年级的女人的 |
[00:11] | This thing goes to ninth grade? | 这种事会发生在九年级吗 |
[00:14] | – Why that? – brings out your eyes. | -那是干什么 -突出你的眼睛 |
[00:16] | Why would I want to take out my eyes? | 我为什么要挖出自己的眼睛 |
[00:17] | She’s not taking out her eyes. | 她不是在挖出她的眼睛 |
[00:20] | And I think she is. | 我觉得就是啊 |
[00:23] | It’s an eyelash curler. It doesn’t even hurt. | 这是睫毛夹 根本都不痛的 |
[00:27] | I have eyelashes. | 我也是有眼睫毛的 |
[00:28] | Watch this. | 瞧好了 |
[00:32] | Anybody else would stop. | 是个人这时候都该停下了 |
[00:36] | – Open it. – thanks, daddy. | -张开眼睛 -谢了 老爸 |
[00:38] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 行吧 |
[00:40] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 给你 |
[00:42] | – Ladies. – Farkle. | -女士们 -弗科 |
[00:44] | School dance. I’m gonna put you both down | 校园舞会 我打算带你们 |
[00:46] | for dance numbers one through all of them. | 参加所有的舞蹈曲目 |
[00:48] | We will alternate. You and me, me and you. | 我们可以交叉轮流搭档 你和我 我和你 |
[00:50] | When you are not dancing with me, | 当你们没有和我跳舞的时候 |
[00:51] | you may not dance with anyone else. | 也不可以和别的人跳舞 |
[00:53] | You may sit and wait until you dance with me again. | 你们可以先坐下等着下一轮继续和我跳 |
[00:56] | Yeah, none of this is happening. | 好吧 那都是不可能的 |
[00:58] | Well, then may I have one dance with each of you? | 那我可以和你们各自跳一支舞吗 |
[00:59] | – sure. – That’s all I wanted. | -当然了 -我想要的也就仅此而已 |
[01:01] | You just got played by Farkle. | 你们都被弗科耍了 |
[01:06] | – hey, guys. – Lucas! | -你们好啊 -卢卡斯 |
[01:07] | – Hand. – Lucas! | -注意手 -卢卡斯 |
[01:08] | – grown-up voice. – Lucas, hello. | -要装成熟的声音 -卢卡斯 你好 |
[01:11] | Hey, hee haw. | 你好啊 乡村小哥 |
[01:11] | You going to tick tock shake your body time? | 你会去参加舞会 动起来吗 |
[01:13] | ’cause, you know, it’s not a square-dance, | 那可不是方形舞 |
[01:16] | So not gonna be a whole lot of do-si-doin’. | 可不会有方形舞那种换位舞步哦 |
[01:18] | Well, then I’m sure I’ll have no idea what to do | 那我想我一定不知道该如何跳 |
[01:20] | and you can make fun of me. | 你就可以尽情嘲笑我了 |
[01:22] | You’re not playing this right! | 你这么嚣张明显是不配合 |
[01:24] | Well, that’s certainly not my intention. | 我的本意可不是这样的 |
[01:27] | – I’ll try harder next time. – I will break you! | -我下次再努力一点 -我会灭了你的 |
[01:30] | Well, if that’s what makes you happy, | 如果那能让你开心的话 |
[01:31] | Then I certainly can’t wait for it… | 那我真是迫不及待了 |
[01:34] | Ma’am. | 长官 |
[01:39] | You going to the school dance, Lucas? | 你会去参加学校舞会吗 卢卡斯 |
[01:41] | Thought I would. You? | 我应该会去的 你呢 |
[01:45] | You hear me? | 你听见了吗 |
[01:47] | You’ll both be there. | 你们都会去的 |
[01:48] | He’ll be the one in the cowboy hat going like this. | 他会戴着牛仔帽过去 然后像这样跳 |
[01:55] | – so, you goin’ to class? – thought I would. You? | -你要去课堂吗 -是的 你呢 |
[02:00] | It isn’t for you! | 我又不是跳给你们看的 |
[02:03] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 行吧 |
[02:12] | *I’ve been waiting* | |
[02:14] | *for a day like this to come struck like lightning* | |
[02:18] | *My heart’s beating like a drum* | |
[02:21] | *On the edge of something wonderful* | |
[02:25] | *Face to face with changes* | |
[02:28] | *What’s it all about? Life is crazy.* | |
[02:31] | *But I know I can work it out* | |
[02:33] | *’cause I got you to living with me* | |
[02:37] | *I feel all right, I’m gonna take on the world.* | |
[02:41] | *Light up the stars, I’ve got some pages to turn* | |
[02:44] | *I’m singing “Go-o-o” | |
[02:49] | *Take on the world, | |
[02:51] | *Take on the world, | |
[02:53] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:54] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:55] | *Take on the world,* | |
[03:04] | Mom, can I ask you a question? | 妈 我能问你一个问题吗 |
[03:06] | You can ask me a question. | 你可以问我一个问题 |
[03:09] | It’s a girl thing, Auggie. | 是女孩子的事啦 奥吉 |
[03:11] | You think I don’t know about girls? | 你觉得我不懂女孩子吗 |
[03:14] | – okay, I’m at a certain age– – I don’t care. | -好吧 到了我这个年纪 -我懒得听 |
[03:20] | You’re at a certain age? | 到了你这个年纪 |
[03:21] | You had to know this was going to happen. | 你肯定料到了这种事迟早会发生的 |
[03:23] | I know a lot of things are going to happen. | 我知道很多事迟早都会发生的 |
[03:26] | – which one is this? – makeup. | -到底是什么事 -化妆 |
[03:27] | – oh, good. – I can have some? | -幸好啊 -我可以化妆吗 |
[03:29] | – No. – why not? | -不行 -为什么 |
[03:32] | Well, because makeup leads to other things that– | 因为一旦化了妆 就会引发连锁反应 |
[03:34] | We have our first school dance on Friday night. | 我们周五晚就要举办第一次校园舞会了 |
[03:37] | And we’re there. | 说的就是这种情况 |
[03:39] | What’s the difference between daytime makeup and nighttime makeup? | 请问日妆和夜妆有什么差别 |
[03:42] | No difference… | 没区别 |
[03:43] | Because you’re not wearing any. | 因为你不可以化妆 |
[03:45] | What about when I do? | 但如果等到我可以化妆的时候呢 |
[03:47] | When we decide that you’re at the right age | 等我们一致同意你到了 |
[03:48] | – to start wearing makeup– – Friday? | -可以化妆的年纪后 -本周五吗 |
[03:50] | No– | 不是 |
[03:51] | You might find that you prefer | 你可能会发现 |
[03:53] | A more natural look during the day. | 白天时 你会更喜欢清淡的妆容 |
[03:54] | Some women prefer to go a bit bolder at night. | 有些女人夜晚的妆容可能会化得狂野一些 |
[03:57] | You are not allowed to hang out with those women. | 你绝对不能跟那些女人一起玩 |
[04:00] | I wanna paint my face! | 我想把我的脸画一下 |
[04:04] | Wait. The dance is Friday? | 等等 舞会在周五吗 |
[04:05] | You’re doin’ that thing with your voice. | 你又发出这种古怪的声音了 |
[04:07] | But Friday is the last night for the coney island cyclone. | 但周五我们要去科尼岛玩旋风过山车啊 |
[04:09] | But it’s our first dance! | 但这是我们人生中的第一场舞会啊 |
[04:11] | And dad takes me to ride the roller coaster a bunch of times, right? | 老爸也带我去玩过山车好几次了 不是吗 |
[04:15] | Your father thinks of it as a tradition. | 你爸觉得这是一项家庭传统 |
[04:17] | – how bad is this? – your father thinks of it as the reason | -这种情况又多糟 -你爸把这当做 |
[04:19] | He wakes up in the morning. | 清晨能唤醒他的理由 |
[04:22] | Maybe he won’t remember it this year. | 或许他今年不小心忘记了呢 |
[04:24] | Three days till cyclone day! | 距离玩旋风过山车还有3天啦 |
[04:28] | When’s my birthday? | 我生日是什么时候 |
[04:29] | A hundred forty-eight days from cyclone day! | 和过山车日相隔148天 |
[04:32] | Good luck to you. | 祝你好运吧 |
[04:33] | – Daddy! – Auggie! | -爹地 -奥吉 |
[04:38] | Tell me stuff! | 快向我报告一下吧 |
[04:39] | Riley wants to wear makeup. | 莱丽想化妆 |
[04:41] | Hey, ya little spy! | 你这个小间谍 |
[04:43] | Don’t call him a spy. He is not a spy. | 别叫他间谍 他才不是间谍呢 |
[04:46] | I am a spy. You made me a card. | 我就是个间谍 你给我做了张名片 |
[04:51] | All right, he is a spy. | 好吧 他是个间谍 |
[04:53] | And guess what? He’s working for me. | 你猜怎么着 他是为我工作的 |
[04:54] | And he just got promoted. | 他的职位刚刚还得到了提升 |
[05:00] | Superspy! | 超级间谍 |
[05:02] | – Dad. – yeah? | -老爸 -什么事 |
[05:05] | Dad…? | 老爸 |
[05:07] | Hey, superspy, tell me stuff. | 嘿 超级间谍 快报告一下什么情况 |
[05:10] | Riley wants to go to the school dance on– | 莱丽想去参加校园舞会 时间是 |
[05:13] | Dun dun dun– cyclone night. | 当当当 过山车日当晚 |
[05:19] | It’s the same night? | 是在同一晚吗 |
[05:21] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[05:23] | I understand completely. | 我完全理解 |
[05:25] | I’m sorry you’ll have to miss the dance. | 我很遗憾你要错过舞会了 |
[05:29] | Try again. | 再说一次 |
[05:33] | I’m sorry you’ll have to miss the dance. | 我很遗憾你要错过舞会了 |
[05:35] | Nope, same thing. | 不行啊 都一样 |
[05:38] | But it’s my first dance, dad. | 但这是我人生中的第一场舞会 老爸 |
[05:42] | oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[05:44] | No, no, I’m down with this. | 不不 我可以承受的 |
[05:47] | Yeah, I said that. | 没错 我就这么说了 |
[05:50] | Dad, when it comes to this stuff, | 老爸 遇到这种情况 |
[05:51] | I don’t think there’s anything you can teach me. | 我觉得你没有什么可以教我的 |
[05:53] | Oh, boy! | 完了 |
[05:56] | I’m growing up, dad. | 我在成长 老爸 |
[05:57] | Oh, boy! | 死惨了 |
[06:00] | Goodbye! | 永别了 |
[06:03] | You’re breaking him! | 你把他的心都敲碎了 |
[06:06] | You were a great father to me when I was a kid. | 我小时候 你是一个出色的父亲 |
[06:09] | Don’t take this the wrong way, dad, | 别误会我的意思 老爸 |
[06:11] | But there’s just some things that mom can naturally teach me. | 但有些事 是妈妈可以自然而然教会我的 |
[06:14] | Like, what do you know about makeup? | 比如 你对化妆难道有了解吗 |
[06:17] | I know it’s what you’re going to have to do with me. | 我只知道你必须跟我一起经历才行 |
[06:24] | – Mom? – that went better than I thought. | -妈 -刚刚的情况比我想象的要好 |
[06:32] | Friar. Farkle. Hart. | 弗瑞尔 弗科 哈特 |
[06:35] | You. | 你 |
[06:37] | – dad, I didn’t– – Ferp! | -爸 我没有… -闭嘴 |
[06:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:45] | Well, guys, I’ve got your test results on Darwin | 我手头是你们做的关于达尔文的测验结果 |
[06:47] | to give back to you. | 马上要发给你们 |
[06:48] | And, uh, I’m pleased to see | 我很高兴地看到你们当中有些人 |
[06:50] | some of you have evolved since the last quiz. | 比上次小测验的结果”进化”了一点 |
[06:59] | Thanks, Farkle. | 谢你救场 弗科 |
[07:00] | Well, you were drowning, sir. | 你冷场了嘛 老师 |
[07:05] | Ms. Hart. | 哈特小姐 |
[07:09] | Mr. Friar, nice work. | 弗瑞尔先生 好样的 |
[07:11] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 老师 |
[07:13] | Mr. Farkle. | 弗科先生 |
[07:15] | “A” Number seven hundred. Huzzah! | 第700个A了 好棒 |
[07:21] | You. | 你 |
[07:24] | – You okay? – He gave me an “F.” | -你没事吧 -他给我打了个F |
[07:27] | That’s nuts. You’re a solid “D” Student. | 那真是太离谱了 你向来稳稳的都是D啊 |
[07:32] | Mr. Friar, I took particular note of your position | 弗瑞尔 我特别注意到你在文中提到 |
[07:34] | That evolution does not preclude the existence of– | 进化并没有排除那什么存在的可能 |
[07:37] | how did you put it? | 你是怎么说的来着 |
[07:39] | “A guiding hand that has your best interest at heart.” | “将你的最佳利益放在心间的指明灯” |
[07:44] | – Yes, ms. Hart? – you failed me. | -请说 哈特小姐 -你给我打了不及格 |
[07:50] | Why don’t we talk about this after class. | 不如我们等下课以后再谈这事吧 |
[07:53] | What’s there to talk about? You failed me. | 有什么好谈的 你给我打了不及格 |
[07:57] | You think I’m a failure. | 你觉得我是个不合格的人 |
[08:00] | There’s nothing more for you to teach me. | 你已经没什么可以教我的了 |
[08:04] | Oh, come on! Both of you gotta say that? | 不是吧 你们都要对我说这句话吗 |
[08:11] | What, you mean I lost you both? | 怎么 我一下子失去了你们两个吗 |
[08:14] | Maya! | 玛雅 |
[08:16] | You do not walk out of here! | 你不准走出教室 |
[08:26] | Go. | 去吧 |
[08:34] | No! | 不行 |
[08:39] | Redecorating your locker? | 你是在重新装饰你的储物柜吗 |
[08:41] | Nope. Cleaning it out. | 不 我是在把它清空掉 |
[08:44] | You want one? ’cause it’s the last one you’re gonna get. | 你想来一支吗 这是你能得到的最后一支了 |
[08:53] | Maya, it’s just one “F.” | 玛雅 就是一个F而已 |
[08:55] | It’s not about the paper, Riley. | 重点不在于考卷 莱丽 |
[08:57] | Your dad failed me. | 你爸完全否决了我 |
[08:58] | Yeah, I know. And I’m not going on the cyclone. | 是啊 我知道 我也不会去玩旋风过山车的 |
[09:01] | I failed him. | 我也把他否决了 |
[09:02] | Can’t we just call it even? | 我们能不能就此扯平了 |
[09:03] | No. We can just call it I’m leaving. | 不行 我就此走人了还差不多 |
[09:05] | Maya, I know you. You’ll make a big deal about this, | 玛雅 我了解你 你会闹出很大动静 |
[09:08] | Pretend to leave school forever, | 假装要永远离开学校 |
[09:09] | and you’ll be back by gym class. | 等到上体育课时 你就会回来了 |
[09:11] | No, this time I mean it. | 不 这次我是认真的 |
[09:13] | All right, Maya. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 好吧 玛雅 明天见了 |
[09:15] | – no. You won’t. – you’ll pick me up at 7:00. | -不 你见不到的 -你明早7点会去接我的 |
[09:18] | I won’t be there. | 我不会去的 |
[09:25] | Hold me, Daddy! Daddy, hold me! | 抱紧我 爸爸 抱紧我 |
[09:28] | I’ve got you, Riley! | 我抱住你了 莱丽 |
[09:30] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[09:38] | You okay, buddy? | 你还好吧 老兄 |
[09:43] | I lost the two most important girls in my life. | 我失去了我生命中最重要的两个女孩 |
[09:50] | How ya doin’? | 你还好吧 |
[09:52] | Still got that one. | 至少还有你 |
[09:54] | I’m hangin’ on. | 我暂且不离不弃吧 |
[09:58] | Well, I will always be here for you, daddy. | 我会永远在你身边的 爹地 |
[10:01] | Me and you, together forever. | 我和你 直到永远 |
[10:05] | Thank you, Auggie. | 谢谢你 奥吉 |
[10:07] | But you know that’s really not the way it works, right? | 但你知道现实不可能这样的 对吧 |
[10:10] | I know. | 我知道的 |
[10:15] | Aw, my two sad, little men. | 我这两个伤心的小男人 |
[10:18] | I’m not really sad, I’m just doing it for him. | 我并不是真的伤心 我是配合他一下而已 |
[10:22] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[10:24] | – you got this? – I got it. | -接下来交给你了吗 -我可以的 |
[10:29] | You got it, Topanga? Are you gonna make this all better? | 你可以吗 塔佩佳 你可以让我好受些吗 |
[10:37] | I’m okay, I’m okay, I’m okay. | 我没事了 我没事了 我没事了 |
[10:39] | Hold me, Daddy! Daddy! Hold me! | 抱紧我 老爸 抱紧我 |
[10:43] | Daddy! | 老爸 |
[10:51] | We always get the very last ride of the season. | 我们每年都能坐上游乐季的最后一趟过山车 |
[10:54] | And I know once we stop going, we’re never going back. | 我知道一旦我们不去了 就再也不会去了 |
[10:57] | Honey, it’s just for this year. | 亲爱的 就今年而已 |
[10:59] | No. Topanga, this is exactly how traditions end. | 不 塔佩佳 传统就是这么终结的 |
[11:04] | Once we got moving on that ride, you should’ve heard her: | 我们一旦坐上过山车 你真该听听她的叫喊声 |
[11:12] | The best part was right before the big drop. | 最棒的部分就是大降落之前 |
[11:15] | I mean, you’re going up, and it starts slowing down, | 当时车在继续往上升 但速度开始变慢 |
[11:18] | But you know what’s coming. | 但你知道接下来会发生什么 |
[11:20] | Riley, she starts leaning closer to me, | 莱丽 她会开始紧紧靠着我 |
[11:23] | She puts her arms around me and holds on. | 她会用手臂紧紧抱住我 |
[11:26] | What else is ever gonna be like that? | 还有什么能像那样呢 |
[11:29] | Life. | 生活 |
[11:31] | Oh, besides that. | 除了那个啦 |
[11:34] | Cory, her first dance is hardly the end of your relationship. | 科利 她的第一次舞会并不是你们父女情的终结 |
[11:38] | She said I have nothing left to teach her. | 她说我已经没有什么可以教她的了 |
[11:42] | Our daddy-daughter story is… over. | 我们的父女故事 完结了 |
[11:46] | Her and Maya, gone. | 她和玛雅 都离开了 |
[11:49] | They moved on without me. | 她们抛下我 向前看了 |
[11:51] | They both got married. | 她们都结婚了 |
[11:54] | They have children now. | 她们生孩子了 |
[11:56] | They live in California, by some other roller coaster. | 她们搬去了加州 住在别的过山车旁边 |
[12:00] | Please. You know, no matter what, | 行了 你知道不管怎样 |
[12:02] | You are always going to be there. | 你都会一直在她们身边的 |
[12:05] | I mean, even if all someone wants is a little bit of alone time, | 就算某人想要一点独处的时间 |
[12:08] | Which is normal for a woman, | 那对于女人来说也很正常 |
[12:10] | you are there. | 你依然会守在她们身边 |
[12:16] | Always. | 向来如此 |
[12:20] | California. | 加州 |
[12:27] | You made your point, okay? | 你已经用行动说明了 |
[12:29] | You didn’t come to school today | 你今天没去上学 |
[12:30] | and your teacher is really upset with you. | 你老师真的很生你的气 |
[12:32] | He’s not my teacher anymore. | 他已经不是我的老师了 |
[12:33] | I now attend a prestigious online academy. | 我现在开始在网上听课了 |
[12:37] | Welcome to the Frank Mantucci on Da Computer School, | 欢迎来到弗兰克·曼塔奇网络课程学院 |
[12:41] | where youse get out of it what you put into it. | 你有多少投入 就会产出多少结果 |
[12:44] | And what you need to put into it | 你需要投入的 |
[12:45] | is 400 dollars. Gimme. | 就是400美金 快给我 |
[12:49] | – you paid that? – free trial. | -你付款了吗 -免费试听 |
[12:51] | I took the test to see if I qualify for the free trial. | 我做了测试 看看我符不符合免费试听资格 |
[12:53] | Maya, it’s a scam! They take anybody! | 玛雅 这是个骗局 他们什么人都收的 |
[12:56] | – Congratulations! – I got in! | -恭喜 -我进去了 |
[12:59] | You are the first person to ever fail | 你是弗兰克·曼塔奇网络课程学院 |
[13:01] | the Frank Mantucci on a Computer School. | 有史以来第一个考核不及格的 |
[13:05] | – How’d you do dat? – How’d you do dat? | -你是怎么做到的 -你是怎么做到的 |
[13:09] | We asked: “Name?” You didn’t put nuttin’. | 我们问你名字 你什么都没输入 |
[13:12] | Well, at least you were smart enough not to give them your name. | 你至少还算聪明 没有报上姓名 |
[13:15] | – it’s not that I’m smart enough. – then what is it? | -那不是因为我还算聪明 -那是什么原因 |
[13:18] | Maybe sometimes… | 或许有时候 |
[13:20] | I’m not so proud of who I am. | 我并不为真实的自己感到骄傲 |
[13:24] | How’s it going in here? | 你们谈的怎么样了 |
[13:25] | Mom, tell Maya to come back to school– regular school. | 妈 快叫玛雅回去上学 正常的学校 |
[13:30] | So you don’t like this, huh? | 所以你不喜欢这样 是吗 |
[13:32] | Of course not! Maya always comes to school with me! | 当然不喜欢了 玛雅总是和我一起上学的 |
[13:35] | She always picks me up at 7:00. I look forward to it! | 她总是早上7点来接我 我很期待那个 |
[13:39] | – like a tradition? – Yeah! | -像是某种传统 -是啊 |
[13:42] | You know, even though you’re a mother, | 尽管你不是我老爸 |
[13:44] | That was creepy good. | 刚刚这招也妙得惊人 |
[13:47] | So, Maya doesn’t show up like she’s supposed to | 玛雅没有像她平常那样出现 |
[13:49] | And how does that make you feel? | 你是什么感觉 |
[13:54] | Honey, you have to go to him. | 亲爱的 你得去找他 |
[13:56] | He feels bad. You have to go to your father. | 他感觉很难过 你得去找你爸谈谈 |
[14:00] | I feel bad. Will he come to me? | 我也觉得很难过 他会来找我谈吗 |
[14:02] | No. He’s your teacher. He doesn’t have to. | 不会的 他是你老师 他没必要来 |
[14:06] | – but he will. – what? | -但他会来的 -什么 |
[14:08] | He doesn’t have to, but he will. | 他没必要来 但他会来的 |
[14:10] | – Why? – because he’s always there. | -为什么 -因为他永远在你们身边 |
[14:23] | Always. | 永远 |
[14:32] | – Read it. – I don’t want to do this, mr. Matthews. | -读一遍 -我不想这样 麦修斯老师 |
[14:35] | – sit down. – you can’t tell me– | -坐下 -你不能命令我 |
[14:36] | I just did. | 我就命令了 |
[14:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:43] | Go ahead. | 开始吧 |
[14:47] | “Darwin animal studies were thought to be | “达尔文针对动物的研究据信是 |
[14:49] | When the travels he took on the boat with the beatles.” | 他在搭乘小甲壳虫号航行过程中进行的” |
[14:52] | Are you kidding me? | 你是在开玩笑吗 |
[14:54] | Does she have to be here? | 她非得在场吗 |
[14:56] | What were you trying to do? | 你到底是想干什么 |
[14:58] | I tried to write it like I was smart. | 我想写得聪明讨巧一点 |
[15:00] | You are smart. | 你本来就很聪明 |
[15:01] | What did you mean to say? | 你到底想表达什么观点 |
[15:04] | Darwin studied animals. | 达尔文研究了动物 |
[15:05] | – what kind? – I don’t know. | -什么样的动物 -我不知道 |
[15:07] | – she does know. – I don’t know. | -她知道的 -我不知道 |
[15:08] | You think I don’t what I don’t know? | 你觉得我不知道自己不知道什么吗 |
[15:10] | I think you know more than you don’t know, | 我觉得你知道的比你不知道的要多 |
[15:11] | – but you don’t know that! – you know what? | -但你不知道这一点 -你知道吗 |
[15:14] | – what did Darwin study? – birds. | -达尔文到底研究了什么动物 -鸟 |
[15:17] | – there you go. – really? I got that one wrong. | -答对了 -真的吗 那我倒是记错了 |
[15:23] | You want to be smart, Maya? | 你想显得聪明吗 玛雅 |
[15:24] | Say what you mean. | 那就把你想表达的说出来 |
[15:26] | I understood that perfectly, and you’re correct. | 我很理解这个 而且你答对了 |
[15:29] | that’s all I had to say? | 我只需要写这个就行了吗 |
[15:30] | what was the name of his boat? | 他的船叫什么名字 |
[15:32] | The beatles. | 小甲壳虫号 |
[15:34] | The beagle. It’s a tiny difference, | 是小猎犬号 有点点区别啦 |
[15:37] | But an important one. | 但却是很重要的一点 |
[15:39] | Because if you know it, Maya, you don’t fail. | 玛雅 如果你知道这一点 就不会不及格了 |
[15:43] | I want to not fail. | 我不想不及格 |
[15:44] | What kind of birds did he study? | 他研究的是什么样的鸟 |
[15:46] | – I don’t know. – you do. | -我不知道 -你知道的 |
[15:47] | – finches. – and what else? | -雀鸟 -还有呢 |
[15:48] | Finches and mockingbirds. | 雀鸟和反舌鸟 |
[15:50] | – yes. – yes. | -正确 -正确 |
[15:53] | how did you know she knew? | 你怎么知道她知道 |
[15:54] | I know she listens to you. | 我知道她能把你说的话听进去 |
[15:57] | I listen to you. | 我是听你的 |
[15:59] | Then you won’t fail… | 那你就不会不及格了 |
[16:01] | And then neither will I. | 那我也不会被莱丽抛弃了 |
[16:04] | How about some turkey sandwiches? | 不如来吃些火鸡三明治吧 |
[16:07] | Darwin didn’t study turkeys. | 达尔文研究的可不是火鸡 |
[16:08] | He studied finches and mockingbirds. | 他研究的是雀鸟和反舌鸟 |
[16:11] | His boat was the beagle. | 他搭乘的船叫小猎犬号 |
[16:13] | – and for extra credit? – Galapagos. | -想获得加分吗 -加拉巴哥群島 |
[16:15] | The islands he studied were the galapagos. | 他的研究是在加拉巴哥群島开展的 |
[16:18] | Because she listens to me. | 因为她会听我说的话 |
[16:21] | Hey, Maya. | 嘿 玛雅 |
[16:24] | Watch this. | 瞧好了 |
[16:27] | You’re giving me an “A”? | 你要给我一个A吗 |
[16:29] | No, I’m giving you a “C plus.” | 不 我打算给你个C+ |
[16:33] | But I want you to see how easily an “F” Can become an “A.” | 但我想让你知道 F变成A有多简单 |
[16:37] | Nothing to be ashamed of anymore, Maya. | 再也没什么好羞耻的了 玛雅 |
[16:42] | – my dad doesn’t live with– – it’s okay. | -我爸爸不… -没关系 |
[16:46] | He’s got this new family. | 他组建了一个新的家庭 |
[16:48] | – Maya, you don’t have to– – I do have to. | -玛雅 你不必… -我必须说 |
[16:51] | I have to be able to talk to you. | 我必须坦白地告诉你们 |
[16:55] | If you give me an “F,” | 如果你给我一个F |
[16:58] | If you decide I’m not worth working on– | 如果你认为我没救了 |
[17:00] | Maya, take a look around you. | 玛雅 你看看四周 |
[17:04] | We’re all here for you. | 我们都守在你身边 |
[17:07] | Does this look like we think you’re not worth working on? | 这看上去像是我们觉得你没救了吗 |
[17:11] | I just don’t want to fail, mr. Matthews. | 我只是不想不及格 麦修斯老师 |
[17:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:18] | I don’t want to go to the dance! | 我不想去参加舞会了 |
[17:19] | The dance doesn’t matter to me at all! | 那舞会对我来说毫无意义 |
[17:21] | I want to go on the cyclone with you | 我想和你一起去玩旋风过山车 |
[17:23] | more than anything in the world! | 那简直是我现在最想做的 |
[17:25] | – you’re going to the dance. – hooray! | -你必须去参加舞会 -好耶 |
[17:29] | I’m going to chaperone. | 我也要去陪着 |
[17:31] | – what’s that mean? – hand. | -那是什么意思 -注意手 |
[17:32] | – what’s that mean? – grown-up voice. | -那是什么意思 -装出成熟的声音 |
[17:33] | Lucas, hello. | 卢卡斯 你好啊 |
[17:37] | What’s that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[17:50] | You’re a really good dancer, Lucas. | 你的舞跳得真棒 卢卡斯 |
[17:52] | Thanks, so are you. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[17:53] | Look, everyone’s copying us. | 看看 大家都在学我们呢 |
[18:01] | The hat’s just for me, isn’t it? | 你这帽子是为我而戴的 是吧 |
[18:03] | You actually put thought into our little game, don’t you? | 你还真是为我们的小游戏花了一点心思呢 |
[18:06] | I actually do. | 是啊 |
[18:24] | Well, guys, it looks like the night is winding down. | 好了各位 似乎夜已经有点深了 |
[18:27] | We hope you all enjoyed the dance. | 我们希望大家都跳得愉快 |
[18:28] | But before we go, I notice some fathers have arrived | 但在我们离开之前 我注意到一些父亲已经到场 |
[18:31] | To pick up their daughters. | 来接女儿们了 |
[18:32] | I wonder if we might have one last dance. | 我在想 我们能不能跳最后一支舞 |
[18:41] | A father-daughter dance. | 父女之舞 |
[18:55] | May I please have this dance? | 能请你跳支舞吗 |
[19:16] | looks like maybe we have a new tradition. | 似乎我们又创造了一项新传统 |
[19:19] | That’s okay. | 没关系的 |
[19:21] | Traditions are supposed to evolve… | 传统本来就该不断演变的 |
[19:23] | Just like daughters. | 就像女儿们也在成长 |
[19:26] | Sometimes daughters just need… | 有时候女儿们就需要 |
[19:30] | What was that again, mr. Friar? | 那句话怎么说的来着 弗瑞尔先生 |
[19:32] | “A guiding hand that has your best interest at heart.” | “将你的最佳利益置于心间的指明灯” |
[19:37] | There’s still a whole lot I need you to teach me, dad. | 我还有很多事是需要你来教我的 爸 |
[19:41] | Thank you, Riley. | 谢谢你 莱丽 |
[19:43] | There’s still a whole lot I need you to teach me, too. | 我也有很多事是需要你来教我的 |
[19:46] | – Hey, he’s my father. – whatever you say. | -喂 他是我父亲 -随你怎么说吧 |
[19:50] | You do know that you’re my father, right? | 你心里清楚你是我父亲的吧 |
[19:53] | Yeah, I’m your father. | 是啊 我是你的父亲 |
[19:56] | Thank you, Riley. | 谢谢你 莱丽 |
[19:58] | – how’s that for make-up? – perfect. | -我的化妆怎么样 -很完美 |
[20:19] | Riley, I never want our daddy-daughter story to end. | 莱丽 我希望我们的父女故事永远不会完结 |
[20:23] | – neither do I, dad. – it doesn’t end. | -我也不希望完结 -不会完结的 |
[20:25] | In any good book, | 在任何一本好书中 |
[20:26] | you turn the page and there’s another chapter. | 你翻一页 就会发现下一章 |
[20:28] | Daddy, since Riley’s too big for you, | 爹地 既然莱丽对你来说年纪已经太大了 |
[20:30] | maybe we could do something every year. | 或许我们每年也可以搞一个父子活动 |
[20:35] | Of course, Auggie. What do you have in mind? | 当然了 奥吉 你有什么好主意 |
[20:38] | You and me. A singles cruise to Alaska. | 你和我 独自乘船去阿拉斯加州 |
[20:42] | Well, I guess some traditions are meant to change. | 我觉得有些传统就是注定要改变的 |
[20:46] | ‘sup, goofballs? | 还好吗 疯子们 |
[20:48] | Hey, Riley, 7:00. | 嘿 莱丽 7点到了 |
[20:54] | And some should always remain the same. | 而有些传统该永远保持不变 |