时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Ancient Greece– | 古希腊 |
[00:08] | What that? What that that? | 那是什么 你手里的是什么 |
[00:10] | What thi-this? This is a present. | 你是问这个吗 这是个礼物 |
[00:11] | Is it for me? | 是送给我的吗 |
[00:12] | What’s your game, Matthews? | 你又在耍什么花招 麦修斯 |
[00:14] | Game? I mean no game. | 花招 我才不想耍什么花招呢 |
[00:15] | I just want to know who here wants this present. | 我只是想知道 谁想要这份礼物 |
[00:22] | Oh, Maya, what? You assume by playing hard to get, | 玛雅 怎么 你觉得故意表现得不感兴趣 |
[00:24] | – I’m gonna give it to you? – well, yes. | -我就会把它送给你吗 -当然了 |
[00:25] | That’s one of the many arrows in my quiver. | 那是我的众多策略之一 |
[00:30] | Medieval talk– what are you doing to me, woman? | 中世纪对话 你在对我干什么呢 女人 |
[00:34] | – Riley. – yay! | -莱丽 -耶 |
[00:38] | “The trojan horse”? | 《特洛伊木马》 |
[00:41] | – surprise. – this isn’t a present. | -惊喜吧 -这才不是礼物 |
[00:43] | This is one of your life lessons wrapped up in a class lesson | 这是你的生活经验课包装成教学课 |
[00:46] | wrapped up in a box of nothing. | 然后被包装进了一个空盒子里 |
[00:49] | – How you doing, honey? – I’ma worked up. | -你还好吗 亲爱的 -我情绪失控 |
[00:51] | I know. | 我看出来了 |
[00:53] | You assumed because it was all neat and pretty | 你以为这个盒子包装得整洁漂亮 |
[00:55] | that something good was inside. | 里面就一定是好东西 |
[00:58] | Ancient Troy was protected by walls. | 古特洛伊城被铜墙铁壁保卫着 |
[01:01] | The Greeks couldn’t get in, | 希腊人攻不进去 |
[01:02] | So they built a big wooden horse and left it behind. | 所以他们建造了一个巨大的木马 丢在了那里 |
[01:06] | What do you think the Trojans did? | 你们觉得那些特洛伊人是怎么做的 |
[01:08] | They left it there because they were afraid | 他们任其丢在了那里 因为他们害怕 |
[01:10] | that somebody was trying to teach them something. | 有人想给他们一个教训 |
[01:14] | They captured it as a trophy and brought it inside. | 他们将之作为战利品俘获了 然后带回了城里 |
[01:18] | That night, the Greek soldiers crawled out of the horse | 当晚 希腊士兵从木马里面爬出 |
[01:22] | And defeated Troy. | 打败了特洛伊 |
[01:24] | What have we learned here? | 我们从中吸取到什么教训 |
[01:26] | – Mr. Friar? – Don’t make assumptions based on what you see? | -弗瑞尔先生 -别根据事物的表象做判断 |
[01:30] | Riley, listen, I’m sorry I made an example of you. | 莱恩 听着 我很抱歉拿你开刀了 |
[01:32] | – so here’s a gift for you. – ooh– no! | -我这儿有个礼物补偿你 -不要 |
[01:35] | I want to– no! Pretty ribbon– no! | 我想要…不要 漂亮的丝带…不要 |
[01:39] | – I’ll take my chances with that, sir. – no, Lucas. | -我来赌赌运气吧 老师 -不要 卢卡斯 |
[01:41] | You have to assume it was no good | 你必须揣测那不是什么好东西 |
[01:43] | because the first one was no good. | 因为第一份礼物不是好东西 |
[01:44] | – Aren’t you all proud of me, dad? – no! | -你是不是很为我感到骄傲 老爸 -不 |
[01:49] | – “Get out of detention free.” – ooh, I could use one of those. | -免留校处罚一次 -我倒是能用得上 |
[01:52] | Gimme that and I won’t call you “Ranger Rick” all week. | 把那个给我 我保证一周不叫你”游侠里克” |
[01:54] | – Here you go. – thanks, Ranger Roy. | -给 -谢了 游侠罗伊 |
[01:56] | Lemme guess. | 我来猜猜 |
[01:58] | Ranger Roy is filling in for Ranger Rick? | 游侠罗伊是暂时替游侠里克代班吗 |
[02:01] | All week. And now… you. | 代一周 现在 你 |
[02:03] | Oh, is something gonna happen to me? | 我也会遭遇什么事吗 |
[02:05] | Yes, it is. | 是的 没错 |
[02:08] | *D-d-d-detention* | *留校惩罚* |
[02:10] | *But not today.* | *但不是今天* |
[02:15] | Read the card. | 读下卡片上的字 |
[02:16] | Card. | 卡片 |
[02:18] | “Say ‘get out of detention free’ | 说”免留校处罚一次” |
[02:19] | then give worthless card to Maya | 然后把这张无意义的卡片给玛雅 |
[02:20] | then watch her dance on my desk.” | 然后围观她在我的桌上跳舞 |
[02:27] | Never assume. | 永远别妄自揣测 |
[02:30] | Look more deeply. | 要更深入地观察 |
[02:32] | Just because something is wrapped up all pretty, | 就算某样东西被包装得很好看 |
[02:34] | Doesn’t always mean it is. | 也不代表它本身真的很美 |
[02:37] | You were in on this! | 你跟他是一伙的 |
[02:39] | I’m Ranger Roy and I’ll be here all week. | 我是游侠罗伊 我会在这里一整周的 |
[02:50] | *I’ve been waiting* | |
[02:52] | *for a day like this to come struck like lightning* | |
[02:56] | *My heart’s beating like a drum* | |
[02:59] | *On the edge of something wonderful* | |
[03:03] | *Face to face with changes* | |
[03:06] | *What’s it all about? Life is crazy.* | |
[03:09] | *But I know I can work it out* | |
[03:11] | *’cause I got you to living with me* | |
[03:15] | *I feel all right, I’m gonna take on the world.* | |
[03:19] | *Light up the stars, I’ve got some pages to turn* | |
[03:22] | *I’m singing “Go-o-o” | |
[03:27] | *Take on the world, | |
[03:29] | *Take on the world, | |
[03:31] | *Take on the world,* | |
[03:32] | *Take on the world,* | |
[03:33] | *Take on the world,* | |
[03:39] | In conclusion, school uniforms reduce individuality | 总而言之 校服限制了学生们的个性 |
[03:43] | Which will be unnecessary in the real world | 而在现实世界中个性是毫无必要的 |
[03:43] | 总监:伊森泽生 | |
[03:45] | When you’re all working for me. | 因为你们到时候都会替我打工 |
[03:47] | Thank you. I am Farkle! | 谢谢 在下弗科 |
[03:50] | – I don’t understand debate. – I say you do. | -我真搞不懂辩论 -我说你懂 |
[03:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:54] | I like debate– exploring two sides of the same thing– | 我喜欢辩论 去探寻同一件事的两方面 |
[03:56] | Good and bad, light and dark, | 好与坏 光明与黑暗 |
[03:58] | Right in front of you at the same time. | 都一下子展现在你面前 |
[04:00] | Where else are you gonna get that? | 在哪儿还能享受这样的待遇呢 |
[04:03] | Oh, right here. Look at you. | 就在这儿呢 瞧瞧你们 |
[04:06] | And now from Einstein Academy, | 接下来是来自爱因斯坦学院的 |
[04:09] | “Undefeated this season, | “拥有本赛季的不败纪录 |
[04:11] | 72 pounds of raw intellectual power! | 重达72磅的生鲜智慧力量 |
[04:14] | She is who your mama wishes she gave birth to!” | 她就是你妈妈会期待的那种好女儿” |
[04:19] | The one, the only… | 也就是独一无二的 |
[04:21] | Smackle! | 斯玛珂 |
[04:37] | You goin’ down, chump. | 你完蛋了 小子 |
[04:43] | Wearing a uniform makes you surrender to conformity | 穿校服意味着你向主流一致性屈服了 |
[04:47] | And sacrifices uniqueness, which is our most valuable freedom. | 牺牲了个体独特性 而那是我们最宝贵的自由 |
[04:51] | Don’t let anybody tell you what to wear. | 别任凭别人来指挥你该穿什么 |
[04:53] | Don’t let anybody tell you what to be. | 别让任何人来指挥你该做什么样的人 |
[04:55] | Smackle, the one and only, out. | 独一无二的斯玛珂 完毕 |
[05:01] | Well, before I announce the winner, | 在我宣布获胜者之前 |
[05:03] | Let me remind you all that our final debate of the season | 我想先提醒一下大家 本赛季的决赛辩论 |
[05:06] | Will be held right here next week, | 将于下周在这里举行 |
[05:09] | Where our thought-provoking topic will be | 我们发人深思的辩题是 |
[05:11] | “Is beauty only skin deep?” | “美丽是否只在外表” |
[05:17] | Great, thank you. | 好极了 谢谢 |
[05:19] | So the winner of today’s debate is… | 今天这场辩论的获胜者是 |
[05:24] | Isadora Smackle, | 伊莎德拉·斯玛珂 |
[05:26] | Einstein academy. | 来自爱因斯坦学院 |
[05:30] | It looks like our debate team could use some help. | 看来我们的辩论队需要一点帮助啊 |
[05:33] | Yeah, Smackle’s definitely got game. | 是啊 斯玛珂肯定有奇招的 |
[05:35] | She beats Farkle every time. | 她每次都能把弗科打败 |
[05:38] | You think he’s gotten used to it by now? | 你觉得他到现在会不会已经习惯了啊 |
[05:44] | It hurts. | 好伤痛 |
[05:46] | Nope. Good thing we’re there for him. | 不会 幸好有我们在他身边陪着他 |
[05:49] | Being there for him is the most important thing we can be– | 在他身边支持他是我们能做的最重要的事了 |
[05:54] | Melon balls. | 蜜瓜球 |
[06:00] | Valiant effort as usual, my arch-nemesis. | 你一如既往地付出了巨大努力 我的头号敌人 |
[06:02] | Perhaps a smoothie would take the sting out of my latest victory. | 或许喝杯奶昔能克制住我胜利后的狂妄 |
[06:05] | Yeah. Perhaps you’re right. | 是啊 或许你说得对 |
[06:07] | I’ll go see. | 我去看有没有吧 |
[06:09] | Smackle, you fool. You forgot how literal he is. | 斯玛珂 你个笨蛋 你忘了他听不懂暗示的 |
[06:12] | Farkle, I meant | 弗科 我的意思是 |
[06:14] | Would you like to get a smoothie with me? | 你愿意跟我一起去喝杯奶昔吗 |
[06:16] | Isadora, what part of “Arch-nemesis” do you not understand? | 伊莎德拉 你不懂”头号敌人”这个词的意思吗 |
[06:20] | Farkle, you might find this hard to believe, | 弗科 你或许觉得难以置信 |
[06:22] | But I am a significant amount of fun. | 但我这个人其实很有趣的 |
[06:24] | Would you like to see my fun face? | 你想看到我有趣的面孔吗 |
[06:26] | That would be of interest to me. | 我有点兴趣 |
[06:28] | – Proceed. – I’m doing it! | -来吧 -我这就是啊 |
[06:32] | Well, Farkle, good job being smart and everything. | 弗科 你表现得可真聪明 |
[06:37] | Thanks for coming, Riley. Sorry you had to see me lose again. | 谢谢你能来 莱丽 抱歉又让你看到我失败了 |
[06:40] | Wonderful debate, Farkle. | 真是精彩的辩论 弗科 |
[06:41] | A memory that will live with me right up | 我会一直记得这件事 |
[06:43] | until the next thing happens. | 直到下件事的发生 |
[06:49] | Well, Smackle, good job being smart and everything. | 斯玛珂 恭喜你这么聪明 又获胜了 |
[06:54] | I am sad. | 我很悲伤 |
[06:57] | What? | 什么 |
[06:59] | Farkle and I are perfect for each other. | 弗科和我明明是天生一对 |
[07:01] | – Why does he prefer you? – I don’t know. | -为什么他更喜欢你呢 -我也不知道 |
[07:04] | If I knew, I’d stop. | 如果我知道 我肯定改 |
[07:06] | Well, there’s nothing left to do now | 现在也没什么能做的了 |
[07:08] | But get a smoothie all alone | 一个人孤独地喝奶昔 |
[07:10] | and continue this good cry I’m having. | 然后继续像这样哭泣 |
[07:12] | – You’re crying? – Yes. | -你在哭吗 -是的 |
[07:17] | I don’t think that’s actually– | 我觉得这并不是… |
[07:24] | Look, I am going to ask you something really fast | 听着 我打算迅速问你一个问题 |
[07:29] | and then I’m going to regret it. | 然后我再慢慢后悔 |
[07:31] | You wanna come to my house? | 你想去我家吗 |
[07:35] | Yes, I would like to come to your house. | 愿意 我愿意去你家 |
[07:38] | There is much I can learn from you. | 我可以从你身上学到好多东西 |
[07:50] | Oh, no! I already have a weird friend. | 不要啊 我已经有了一个古怪的朋友了 |
[07:53] | She means me. | 她指的是我 |
[08:05] | Auggie? | 奥吉 |
[08:07] | Why?! | 为什么 |
[08:10] | Does this have something to do with– ucch– Ava? | 你这样是跟艾瓦有关吗 |
[08:12] | Ava! | 艾瓦 |
[08:15] | Even when I think of her backwards | 就算我把她的名字倒过来想 |
[08:17] | She’s still Ava! | 也依然是艾瓦 |
[08:24] | Okay, tell me what happened right now. | 好了 立刻告诉我发生了什么事 |
[08:26] | She’s through with me. | 她跟我完了 |
[08:30] | Yay! | 耶 |
[08:31] | Even when I think of it backwards it’s still yay! | 就算我把这个字倒过来想 也依然是”耶” |
[08:37] | Okay, tell me what– ucch– Ava did. | 好吧 告诉我艾瓦干了什么 |
[08:40] | She said we might not be together for the rest of our lives! | 她说我们 这辈子 或许不能永远在一起 |
[08:47] | Okay, deep breath, honey. | 好吧 深呼吸 宝贝 |
[08:50] | She thinks there could be… others. | 她觉得 可能会 出现其他人 |
[08:54] | Honey, of course. That’s only natural. | 宝贝 当然了 那很正常啊 |
[08:57] | No, it’s not. | 不 才不是呢 |
[08:59] | You’re supposed to meet somebody and fall in love | 你遇到一个人 相爱了 |
[09:01] | And be together forever. | 就应该永远在一起 |
[09:03] | Oh, honey, who put that crazy idea in your head? | 宝贝 是谁让你有这种疯狂的想法的啊 |
[09:06] | You and daddy. | 你和爹地 |
[09:11] | I wonder how many people the idea | 我真想知道”像科利和塔佩佳一样” |
[09:13] | of Cory and Topanga has ruined. | 这种想法到底害了多少人 |
[09:16] | Me! | 我 |
[09:21] | Why do I have to be a part of your campaign | 为什么我每次都要跟你一伙 |
[09:23] | to befriend every little woodland creature? | 跟每个你同情的林地生物做朋友呢 |
[09:26] | Which woodland creature am I in your mind? | 我在你心中是哪种林地生物啊 |
[09:28] | You’re like a little gopher… Chipmunk combo deal. | 你就像是一只小地鼠 和花栗鼠的组合吧 |
[09:33] | Maya, Smackle needs our help. | 玛雅 斯玛珂需要我们的帮助 |
[09:35] | Yes. I need you to teach me the equation for beauty. | 是的 我需要你教我美丽的方程式 |
[09:38] | – Why? – Smackle loves Farkle. | -为什么 -斯玛珂爱弗科 |
[09:41] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:42] | But he prefers you both to me | 但是他更喜欢你们俩 |
[09:44] | Because you’re both aesthetically pleasing. | 因为你们长得更美 |
[09:47] | I, on the other hand, am less aesthetically pleasing, | 相反 我呢 就没那么美了 |
[09:50] | But am superior in every other area. | 但在其他方面都比你们优秀 |
[09:53] | Okay, so you want us to make you beautiful? | 好吧 你是想让我们把你变美吗 |
[09:55] | Yes, but I don’t expect you to be able to change | 是的 但我不希望你们在5秒钟之内 |
[09:57] | A trillion years of evolution in five seconds. | 改变亿万年进化的结果 |
[10:01] | Let me know when it’s four seconds. | 到了4秒的时候告诉我 |
[10:04] | Go. | 开始 |
[10:10] | I’m… pretty? | 我 漂亮了吗 |
[10:13] | You’re the hottest little gopher-chipmunk in the whole forest. | 你是森林里最火辣的小地鼠-花栗鼠合体生物了 |
[10:21] | Who’s the genius now? | 谁是大天才啊 |
[10:24] | Stop it. | 得了吧 |
[10:36] | My outward appearance now seems to represent | 我现在的外表似乎代表了 |
[10:38] | the current trends agreeable to the general populace. | 当下普通大众眼中的潮流趋势 |
[10:41] | Then why are you still talking like | 那你怎么说起话来依然像是 |
[10:42] | you don’t know what you look like? | 你根本不知道自己长什么样 |
[10:46] | Ah, my speech. That’s an easy fix. | 我的说话方式 那倒是很好搞定 |
[10:48] | – I don’t think so. – Awesome, | -我看未必吧 -好棒 |
[10:50] | Like, giggle, question, omigosh. | 就像 傻笑 问题 我滴天 |
[10:54] | Do you wanna lay that out again for us normals? | 你能对我们这些普通人再解释一遍吗 |
[10:56] | Observations reveal that if I merely insert “Awesome,” | 观察表明 如果我在说话时加入”好棒” |
[10:59] | “Like,” “Omigosh,” | “就像” “我滴天”这种词 |
[11:00] | And giggle at everything like it’s a question, | 把每样都当做问题一样欢乐地笑几下 |
[11:01] | I will assimilate into the general teenage population. | 我就可以融入到青少年的友情团体中了 |
[11:06] | It’s not that easy, Smackle. | 没那么简单的 斯玛珂 |
[11:07] | – E=mc2. – what did you do that for? | -E = mc² -你干嘛要说这个 |
[11:10] | Like “E” totally equals M.C. squared! | 就是能量等于质量乘以光速平方 |
[11:13] | Omigosh, awesome! | 我滴天 好棒哟 |
[11:17] | – e=mc2. – I understand the universe. | -E = mc² -我一下子理解整个宇宙了 |
[11:29] | Is this debate team? | 这里是辩论队吗 |
[11:30] | No, it’s the after-school male models’ club. | 不是 是课后男模俱乐部 |
[11:36] | I want to join. | 我想加入你们 |
[11:42] | Shouldn’t you be out hitting a home run or something? | 你不是该在棒球场上打出个全垒打什么的吗 |
[11:44] | We don’t debate sports or cars. | 体育和车不在我们的辩题之中 |
[11:46] | Gentlemen, you’re making assumptions, | 先生们 你们这就是在妄自揣测了 |
[11:47] | And my current assignment is to consider | 我现在的任务就是考虑清楚 |
[11:49] | how assumptions lead to our ultimate downfall. | 妄自揣测会如何导致我们最终的溃败 |
[11:51] | So let’s not judge a book by its cover. | 我们别以貌取人 以面取书 |
[11:53] | Looks like a book about baseball. | 那本书看上去像是关于棒球的 |
[11:57] | Lucas is my friend. Welcome to the team. | 卢卡斯是我朋友 欢迎加入我们 |
[12:01] | – Ladies. – Farkle. | -女士们 -弗科 |
[12:03] | Maya, why are you wearing glasses? | 玛雅 你怎么戴上眼镜了 |
[12:05] | They’re Smackle’s. I’m just holding them for her… | 是斯玛珂的 我暂时替她保管着 |
[12:07] | On my face. | 就存放在我脸上 |
[12:09] | We want to see if people will treat Maya differently | 我们想看看 现在玛雅看上去像是聪明学生 |
[12:12] | now that she looks smart. | 人们对她的态度会不会不一样 |
[12:14] | Hello, suddenly-approachable- woman. | 你好啊 突然变得可以接近的女人 |
[12:17] | What’s your prescription? | 你的视力度数是多少 |
[12:18] | Mine’s 20/800. I can basically only hear you. | 我的是20/800 我几乎只能听到你但看不到你 |
[12:22] | I don’t have a prescription. Although I must say, | 我不近视 但我必须说 |
[12:25] | You guys are looking a lot less blurry. | 你们看上去没那么模糊了 |
[12:28] | That’s the nicest thing any girl’s ever said to us. | 那是女孩对我们说过的最动听的话了 |
[12:32] | I liked you better blurry. | 我还是更喜欢你们模糊的样子 |
[12:35] | That’s the second nicest thing a girl’s ever said to us. | 那是女孩对我们说过的第二动听的话了 |
[12:38] | I think you look nice any way you are, Maya. | 我觉得你不管怎样看上去都很漂亮 玛雅 |
[12:40] | Thanks. You wanna go out with us? | 谢了 你想跟我们一起出去吗 |
[12:46] | Out like “Out on a date”? | 你的意思是出去约会吗 |
[12:48] | Aw, no. Out like out there with me and Riley | 不是 我和莱丽虽然会去 |
[12:51] | Because there’s someone else we want to introduce you to. | 但还有另外一个人我们想介绍你认识下 |
[12:53] | Yep. We think you’ll really like her. | 没错 我们觉得你会很喜欢她的 |
[12:55] | I have a very specific taste in girls. Is she one? | 我对女孩有着非常独特的品位 她是那种吗 |
[12:58] | That’ll do it! | 那就行了 |
[13:04] | Presenting your date from the modeling runways of Paris, France– | 你的约会对象是来自法国巴黎时尚T台的 |
[13:08] | The new face of geek chic– | 奇客风的新面孔 |
[13:10] | Isadora Smackle. | 伊莎德拉·斯玛珂 |
[13:22] | You made her over? | 你们把她重新打造了一番吗 |
[13:23] | You know, just us girls playing with our hair and clothes. | 就女孩子随便换个发型和衣服而已 |
[13:26] | Are you finally intrigued by me, Farkle? | 你终于被我吸引了吗 弗科 |
[13:29] | I’m intrigued that my friends don’t realize | 我很惊讶我的两位朋友都没有看出 |
[13:30] | that you are an evil genius. | 你是个邪恶的天才 |
[13:32] | But a pretty evil genius, don’t you think? | 但也是个美丽的邪恶天才 不是吗 |
[13:36] | This is debate preparation, isn’t it? | 你这是在为辩论做准备 不是吗 |
[13:38] | – What? – the next debate is “Is beauty only skin deep?” | -什么 -下个辩题是”美丽是否只在外表” |
[13:41] | Smackle doesn’t want to be like you guys. | 斯玛珂才不想变得像你们那样 |
[13:43] | Smackle only wants to win. You ladies have been played. | 斯玛珂只想赢 你们被耍了 |
[13:46] | – Is this true, Smackle? – affirmative. | -这是真的吗 斯玛珂 -正解 |
[13:50] | Riley, do I please have your permission to mess her up now? | 莱丽 你现在能允许我把她造型弄乱吗 |
[13:54] | Negative. | 不能 |
[13:56] | Smackle, did you assume this outward change in your appearance | 斯玛珂 你以为你外在形象的改变 |
[13:58] | – would not affect your inner self? – of course it won’t. | -不会影响到你的内在吗 -当然不会了 |
[14:01] | I am Smackle. | 我是斯玛珂 |
[14:03] | But look, four red nails and one blue one. | 瞧啊 染了4个红指甲 一个蓝色的 |
[14:07] | I don’t know why. | 我真不明白为什么 |
[14:09] | That said, how could any outward change | 但是 外在形象的改变 |
[14:11] | poossibly affect the inner Smackle? | 怎么可能影响到内在的斯玛珂呢 |
[14:15] | Hi, guys. | 大家好啊 |
[14:17] | Wow, Smackle, you look great. | 斯玛珂 你看上去真漂亮 |
[14:22] | Did that just come from me? | 我刚刚真的笑出来了吗 |
[14:24] | Smile at her. | 对她笑一个 |
[14:26] | Omigosh. | 我滴天 |
[14:28] | Omigosh, I just said “Omigosh.” | 我滴天 我刚说了”我滴天” |
[14:30] | Like, awesome. Question? | 就像 好棒 问题 |
[14:33] | Are you okay, Smackle? | 你没事吧 斯玛珂 |
[14:34] | I don’t understand what’s happening to me. | 我不明白我这是怎么了 |
[14:37] | Why don’t you sit next to her, Lucas? | 不如你坐在她旁边吧 卢卡斯 |
[14:42] | No one that’s ever looked like you has ever sat this close. | 从来没有长得像你这么帅的人跟我靠这么近过 |
[14:46] | Are you sitting here because you want to be my mate? | 你坐在这里 是因为你想成为我老公吗 |
[14:51] | I’m sitting here because the seat was empty. | 我坐在这里是因为这个位子是空的 |
[14:54] | – You smell like pine trees. – thank you. | -你身上有松树的味道 -谢谢 |
[14:57] | – Our feet are touching. – You’re doing that. | -我们的脚碰到一起了 -是你在碰我 |
[15:02] | Smackle, would you mind telling me, | 斯玛珂 请你告诉我 |
[15:03] | What is the square root of 36? | 36的平方根是多少 |
[15:05] | – Who cares? – excellent. | -谁在乎啊 -好极了 |
[15:08] | Lucas is on our debate team. | 卢卡斯会加入我们的辩论队 |
[15:10] | Will that be a distraction to you? | 那你影响你的发挥吗 |
[15:11] | Should be, yeah. | 应该会吧 没错 |
[15:13] | Good. Let’s go. | 很好 我们走吧 |
[15:15] | We’ve got a debate to prepare for. | 我们还要去准备辩论赛呢 |
[15:22] | What have you done to me? | 你们对我做了什么啊 |
[15:23] | I’m broken. I’m pretty. | 我毁了 我很漂亮 |
[15:26] | I’m confused. | 我好困惑 |
[15:28] | We can put you back. | 我们可以把你变回去 |
[15:29] | Oh, I’m not goin’ back! | 我才不要变回去呢 |
[15:32] | I’m not that confused. | 我还没傻到那个程度 |
[15:39] | – Hi, Auggie. – Hi, Farkle. | -嗨 奥吉 -嗨 弗科 |
[15:41] | Riley’s not home. | 莱丽不在家 |
[15:44] | So what are you doing sitting in the bay window? | 那你坐在凸窗边干什么 |
[15:46] | I just wanted to see if sitting in the window | 我想看看坐在窗台上 |
[15:48] | would fix my woman trouble. | 能不能解决我的女人问题 |
[15:51] | Riley always sits in the window. | 莱丽经常坐在窗台上 |
[15:53] | But I think it only works for her. | 但我觉得就她坐在这里时才有效吧 |
[15:55] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[15:56] | Ava said we might not be together forever. | 艾瓦说我们或许不能永远在一起 |
[15:59] | And you expected that you would be? | 你原以为你们会永远在一起吗 |
[16:01] | Yes, because I’m only this many | 是的 因为我在这么大 |
[16:03] | And I still have high hopes. | 我依然抱有很高的期望 |
[16:07] | If you like her, she must be really something. | 如果你喜欢她 那她一定很出色 |
[16:10] | Oh yeah, she’s really something. | 是啊 她真的很出色呢 |
[16:13] | You know, Farkle, we have a front door. | 弗科 我们家是有前门的 |
[16:15] | I know, but I’m here on business. | 我知道 但我是为正事而来的 |
[16:19] | Okay, who’s first? | 好吧 谁先说 |
[16:21] | I am. | 我先来 |
[16:22] | Farkle, do you have an appointment? | 弗科 你有预约吗 |
[16:24] | No, I’m a walk-in. | 没 我是临时进来的 |
[16:26] | I’m sorry, Farkle. | 我很抱歉 弗科 |
[16:28] | Feel free to read one of our waiting room magazines. | 你先看看杂志消磨一下时间吧 |
[16:30] | We’re jammed. | 我们满客了 |
[16:39] | Go. | 说吧 |
[16:40] | I want to be with Ava until I die. | 我想跟艾瓦在一起直到死去那一天 |
[16:42] | – She doesn’t feel the same way? – she’s vague, man. | -她不这么想吗 -她含糊不清 |
[16:46] | She’s messin’ with my mind. | 她把我的脑子都要搞乱了 |
[16:49] | But it doesn’t matter what she says, | 但是她说了什么其实并不重要 |
[16:52] | It matters is what she does. | 重要的是她怎么做 |
[16:54] | – Did she actually break up with you? – no. | -她有跟你分手吗 -没有 |
[16:57] | What?! Wait a minute. | 什么 等等 |
[16:59] | Auggie, I assumed you guys broke up. | 奥吉 我还以为你们分手了呢 |
[17:03] | Oh, mom. You should never assume. | 妈 你不该胡乱以为的 |
[17:05] | Didn’t dad teach you that? | 爸爸没教过你这一点吗 |
[17:06] | Yeah, don’t you get the home versions of these lessons? | 就是啊 他难道不没给你上过”家教课”吗 |
[17:08] | – You’re married to the guy. – of course I do. | -你可是跟他结婚了啊 -我当然学到过 |
[17:11] | There’s just so many of them. | 只不过他的课太多了 |
[17:14] | Oh no, I married Feeny. | 天啊 我简直像是嫁给了菲尼老师 |
[17:14] | 菲尼是前传《男孩成长记》中的人物 是科利和塔佩佳的老师 | |
[17:19] | So how is Ava messin’ with you? | 艾瓦怎么把你搞得不开心了 |
[17:22] | She says we might not be together forever. | 她说我们或许无法永远在一起 |
[17:25] | But she also says we might. | 但她也说了我们有可能在一起的 |
[17:27] | So you still have a girlfriend. | 所以你还是有女朋友的啊 |
[17:29] | And I let you eat cake and whipped cream. | 我还让你吃了蛋糕和生奶油 |
[17:35] | So I had a pretty good day! | 看来我今天过得挺不错的嘛 |
[17:41] | Next! | 下一位 |
[17:44] | – Yes? – I’m tortured. | -怎么了 -我深受折磨 |
[17:46] | What about? | 是关于什么事的 |
[17:47] | Smackle’s not gonna be at her best at the debate. | 斯玛珂在辩论会上无法发挥出她的最高水平了 |
[17:50] | – Why not? – Because you made her better. | -为什么不能 -因为你们把她变得更好了 |
[17:53] | – Except you didn’t. – you want us to change her back? | -但你们却没有 -你希望我们把她变回去吗 |
[17:57] | If we do, Farkle, you’ll lose the debate. | 如果我们那样做 弗科 你会输掉的 |
[18:00] | I only want to beat her when she’s really her. | 我只想打败真正的她 |
[18:02] | She’s the best arch-nemesis I could ever have. | 她是我这辈子能拥有的最棒的”头号敌人” |
[18:05] | Otherwise, if you beat her, | 否则 就算你打败了她 |
[18:07] | It doesn’t count. | 那也不算数 |
[18:09] | You’re pretty smart, Maya. | 你很聪明嘛 玛雅 |
[18:11] | Even without glasses? | 就算不戴眼镜也聪明吗 |
[18:20] | – You promised you’d change her back. – We tried. | -你们保证过会把她变回去的 -我们努力了 |
[18:22] | She wouldn’t go for it. | 她不同意 |
[18:26] | I didn’t want to win this way, Smackle. | 我不想以这种方式获胜 斯玛珂 |
[18:29] | I hope you enjoy being beautiful. | 我希望你喜欢像现在这样美丽 |
[18:31] | Oh, I do. | 我很喜欢 |
[18:34] | How the once-mighty have fallen. | 曾经伟大的天才就这样陨落了 |
[18:39] | The nation of Troy was charmed by a beautiful wooden horse. | 特洛伊国被一匹美丽的木马迷住了心窍 |
[18:43] | They neglected to consider what was inside. | 他们忽略了里面可能存在的东西 |
[18:45] | And they lost everything because of outer beauty. | 他们因为贪恋外在美 而失去了一切 |
[18:49] | Don’t be fooled by a pretty wrapper. | 别被美丽的外表骗了 |
[18:52] | I mean, who keeps the wrapping paper? | 我是说 谁会把包装纸保存着啊 |
[18:56] | I wear ribbons. | 我会把丝带戴在头上 |
[18:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:00] | And our concluding statement will be made by Lucas Friar. | 接下来欢迎卢卡斯·弗瑞尔做结辩陈词 |
[19:07] | There can be absolutely no debate | 毫无疑问的一点就是 |
[19:09] | That the quest for outer beauty | 为了追求外在美 |
[19:10] | at the expense of one’s inner self | 而牺牲一个人的内在自我 |
[19:12] | is a road to personal destruction. | 是一条通向毁灭的路 |
[19:15] | People make assumptions. | 人们总会做各种揣测 |
[19:16] | I’ve been labeled a jock and a cowboy, | 我被人认定是运动员和牛仔 |
[19:19] | And this is from my friends. | 那竟然是我的朋友们眼中的我 |
[19:21] | But here’s a little secret. | 但我想说个小秘密 |
[19:23] | I like school and I do pretty well. | 我喜欢上学 我的学业也相当不错 |
[19:26] | You might look at me and assume baseball player. | 你们看着我 或许会觉得我是个棒球运动员 |
[19:29] | I look at me and I know I’d better get good grades, | 我看着自己时 会觉得我最好提高一下分数 |
[19:32] | Because what’s on the inside has to be more important | 因为内在的东西一定是比 |
[19:35] | Than what’s on the outside | 外在的东西更加重要 |
[19:37] | to get into a good college and into a good life. | 才能进入一所好大学 赢取好的人生 |
[19:41] | Because beauty is not skin deep. | 因为美丽不只在外表 |
[19:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[19:49] | Omigosh, I’m like so totally unprepared and scared. | 我滴天 我完全没准备 好害怕呀 |
[19:53] | We finally got her. | 我们终于要打败她了 |
[19:56] | Maybe that’s what you would assume I would say, | 或许你们都以为我会这么说吧 |
[19:58] | considering the effort I put into my appearance. | 毕竟我花了很大力气才把自己打扮成这样 |
[20:03] | I’m here to argue today | 我今天的论点是 |
[20:05] | That beauty actually is skin deep. | 美丽其实就是只存在于外表 |
[20:08] | So I’ve done some research | 我做了一些调研 |
[20:10] | And I’ve learned… | 我发现… |
[20:11] | That it is. | 事实就是这样 |
[20:14] | When you get compliments | 当一个平常不会赞美你的人 |
[20:15] | from people who don’t ordinarily compliment you, | 开始赞美你的时候 |
[20:17] | When people look at you differently, | 当人们看待你的目光都变了的时候 |
[20:19] | Packaging does matter. | 外在的包装是很重要的 |
[20:23] | I wasn’t pretty, | 我之前不漂亮 |
[20:25] | Then I was. | 后来我变漂亮了 |
[20:27] | This is a world where “Pretty” seems better somehow. | 在这个世界 不知为何 漂亮就要更好些 |
[20:33] | Which is too bad, | 那真是太令人遗憾了 |
[20:35] | But it’s not debatable. | 但这一点是无可争议的 |
[20:37] | However, I also learned | 但是 我同时也发现 |
[20:41] | That if you get swept up by what you are on the outside | 如果你一心只痴迷于外在 |
[20:45] | you can lose who you are on the inside. | 你就会失去内在真正的自我 |
[20:47] | Even though it is easy to | 尽管人总是很容易 |
[20:49] | be fooled by the beauty of a Trojan horse, | 被特洛伊木马外表的美丽所欺骗 |
[20:52] | Its real power comes from the army within– | 真正的力量却来自木马肚子里的军队 |
[20:55] | Intelligence, compassion, | 智慧 同情 |
[20:59] | integrity, courage. | 正直 勇气 |
[21:02] | That army is the real you, | 那支军队才是真正的你 |
[21:05] | No matter what you look like. | 不管你外表看起来如何 |
[21:08] | So even though beauty may be skin deep, | 所以即使美丽只存在于外表 |
[21:12] | beauty is nowhere near as important as the army inside. | 美丽却远远不及内在的那支军队重要 |
[21:17] | And I’ll try not to forget that. | 我会努力记住这一点的 |
[21:26] | Well, look at all of you. | 看看你们大家 |
[21:29] | you’re all very deeply beautiful. | 你们的美丽都是深入内心的 |
[21:33] | Especially you, Farkle. | 尤其是你 弗科 |
[21:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:43] | – She beat us. – Yeah. | -她打败了我们 -是啊 |
[21:46] | Thank you for taking me in. | 谢谢你们接受我 |
[21:48] | I hope we can be friends. | 我希望我们能做朋友 |
[21:50] | Cool. | 好啊 |
[21:52] | We’ve got a lot to learn from each other. | 我们可以相互学到很多东西 |
[22:12] | I continue to not understand anything. | 我还是什么都听不到 |
[22:14] | That’s what’s so beautiful about you. | 那正是你美丽的一面 |
[22:22] | Valiant effort, Lucas, | 你付出了很大努力 卢卡斯 |
[22:24] | Perhaps a smoothie would take the sting out of my latest victory. | 或许喝杯奶昔可以克制住我胜利后的狂妄 |
[22:29] | Back off, sister. | 保持距离 小妹 |
[22:32] | I actually think that Smackle is | 我其实觉得斯玛珂只是 |
[22:33] | just enjoying some newfound confidence, Riley. | 在享受刚刚树立的自信 莱丽 |
[22:35] | You know me too well, arch-nemesis. | 你太了解我了 头号敌人 |
[22:38] | She was using you to make Farkle jealous! | 她是在利用你让弗科吃醋 |
[22:43] | Well, that’s a new one. | 那可真是新鲜事呢 |
[22:47] | Tell me the truth, Farkle. | 跟我说实话吧 弗科 |
[22:49] | If Riley and Maya weren’t beautiful, | 如果莱丽和玛雅不漂亮 |
[22:52] | Would you still love them? | 你依然会爱她们吗 |
[22:55] | They’re beautiful? | 他们很漂亮吗 |
[22:56] | Oh yeah, | 是哦 |
[22:58] | I never really noticed. | 我以前从没注意到呢 |