时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Why didn’t you wake me? | 你怎么不早点叫醒我 |
[00:06] | It’s electives day. The earlier we sign up, | 今天要抢选修课 我们报名得越早 |
[00:08] | the better the chance we have of getting all the good ones. | 能选到喜欢的课程的机会就越大 |
[00:10] | I tried to wake you up three times. | 我叫了你3次呢 |
[00:12] | You know I don’t think you’re serious until six times. | 你知道你得叫到第6次 我才会当回事 |
[00:15] | You know the first three times | 你知道前3次的时候 |
[00:16] | I’m still checking for chicken pox | 我会努力在身上找水痘 |
[00:18] | To see if I can miss school. | 以期能够就此逃学 |
[00:21] | Hey, I tickled your toes. | 嘿 我可是挠了你的脚 |
[00:23] | Well, that explains the Lucas dream. | 难怪我会梦到卢卡斯呢 |
[00:26] | So, what electives are we hoping for? | 你们想选到什么选修课啊 |
[00:28] | We are hoping to get out of them. | 我们希望能够逃掉这些课呢 |
[00:30] | Actually, it’s not gonna happen, sister. | 实际上 那是不可能的 妹子 |
[00:32] | These are service electives. | 那些都是服务类选修课 |
[00:33] | Not only do they expect us to be students, | 他们不仅希望我们做学生 |
[00:35] | But now they want to give us jobs. | 现在他们还想让我们去上班 |
[00:37] | How are we supposed to work and go to school at the same time? | 我们怎么能又上学又上班啊 |
[00:40] | Yeah, who does that? | 是啊 谁会这样啊 |
[00:41] | How you doin’? | 你们还好吗 |
[00:43] | Oh, hey, honey. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[00:45] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿啊 |
[00:46] | I’m going to school. | 我要去学校 |
[00:47] | Oh, whatcha gonna do there? | 你要去学校干什么 |
[00:48] | I’m gonna work. | 我要去上班 |
[00:50] | Wait, you’re gonna go to work and school? | 你要同时上班又上学吗 |
[00:52] | At the same time. | 同时哦 |
[00:54] | Wait but, just for a couple of days, right? | 等等 但是 就坚持几天而已 对吧 |
[00:57] | No, no, no. This is forever. | 不不不 是永久性的哦 |
[00:59] | But Topanga, surely your responsibilities are temporary, right? | 但是塔佩佳 你的职责一定是暂时性的 对吧 |
[01:03] | Oh, no. I have to do everything all the time. | 不 我必须一直持续做下去 |
[01:08] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[01:11] | No more. No more. | 别再演了 到此为止 |
[01:12] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[01:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:15] | We will be here for the rest of your lives. | 我们会在你们的余生中一直存在的 |
[01:17] | Have a good day, honey. | 祝你今天愉快 亲爱的 |
[01:19] | I hate parent theater. | 我讨厌”父母剧院” |
[01:21] | Yeah, we did set them up pretty good. | 是啊 我们确实为他们创造了好机会 |
[01:23] | You know, when I went to law school, | 我当年上法学院的时候 |
[01:25] | I held down two part-time jobs. | 可是同时做两份兼职呢 |
[01:27] | Yeah, but now your life is a piece of cake. | 是啊 但现在你的生活轻松得如小菜一碟 |
[01:29] | Would you make us cake? | 你能为我们炒盘小菜吗 |
[01:30] | Get to school. | 去学校吧 |
[01:31] | You’ll be here, making cake? | 你会留在家里 炒菜吗 |
[01:33] | Hey, Riley, | 嘿 莱丽 |
[01:35] | You can put your dishes in the dishwasher. | 你得把你的盘子放进洗碗机里 |
[01:36] | Later, mom. I promise. | 晚些时候吧 妈 我保证 |
[01:38] | Job and school. Job and school. | 上班 上学 上班 上学 |
[01:39] | Uh, you could at least put them on the– | 你至少可以把它们放在… |
[01:42] | Counter. | 餐台上 |
[01:43] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 行吧 |
[01:45] | I can finally go to work. | 我终于可以去工作了 |
[01:47] | Am I forgetting anything? | 我有忘记什么吗 |
[01:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:54] | I have another kid. | 我还有个孩子 |
[01:56] | Why did I do that? | 我怎么会这样啊 |
[01:58] | Auggie, baby! | 奥吉 宝贝 |
[02:00] | Come on! | 快起床 |
[02:07] | *I’ve been waiting* | |
[02:08] | *for a day like this to come struck like lightning* | |
[02:13] | *My heart’s beating like a drum* | |
[02:15] | *On the edge of something wonderful* | |
[02:19] | *Face to face with changes* | |
[02:22] | *What’s it all about? Life is crazy.* | |
[02:25] | *But I know I can work it out* | |
[02:27] | *’cause I got you to living with me* | |
[02:32] | *I feel all right, I’m gonna take on the world.* | |
[02:36] | *Light up the stars, I’ve got some pages to turn* | |
[02:39] | *I’m singing “Go-o-o” | |
[02:44] | *Take on the world, | |
[02:46] | *Take on the world, | |
[02:47] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:48] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:50] | *Take on the world,* | |
[02:56] | Who here knows about the great depression? | 在座的有谁知道关于大萧条时期的历史 |
[02:58] | I thought it was called the grand canyon? | 我以为那叫大峡谷呢 |
[03:02] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[03:05] | Who here knows about the great depression? | 在座的有谁知道关于大萧条时期的历史 |
[03:07] | Maya? | 玛雅 |
[03:08] | Nothing’s gonna beat that, sir. | 那绝对是最差劲的时期 老师 |
[03:10] | Farkle, save me. | 弗科 救救我 |
[03:13] | The year was 1929, | 当时是1929年 |
[03:15] | The stock market crashed, | 股市崩盘 |
[03:17] | Everyone lost their money and their jobs. | 很多人都失去了金钱和工作 |
[03:19] | And the people who were comfortable were now lost | 当时过得舒服的人 现在都迷失了 |
[03:21] | And became known as… | 他们被称作… |
[03:22] | “The forgotten.” | “被遗忘的群体” |
[03:24] | Working class people, | 工薪阶层的人 |
[03:26] | The heart and soul of our country, | 是我们这个国家的心和灵魂 |
[03:28] | Basically taken for granted in the first place, | 在一开始就被无视了 |
[03:31] | And now, discarded and forgotten. | 现在 也被抛弃和遗忘了 |
[03:34] | How could that happen, sir? | 怎么会这样呢 老师 |
[03:36] | It shouldn’t have, Mr. Friar. | 的确不该这样的 弗瑞尔先生 |
[03:38] | But that could never happen | 但是对于如今在大峡谷中的人 |
[03:39] | to anyone in the grand canyon today, could it? | 是不会遭遇这种事的 对吧 |
[03:43] | I don’t know, Riley. | 我也不知道 莱丽 |
[03:45] | I’m sure you would never take anyone for granted, right? | 我相信你一定不会无视谁的 对吧 |
[03:49] | I would never. | 我永远不会的 |
[03:50] | And do you think there’s anyone who cares about you | 你觉得在所有关心你的人中 |
[03:52] | who goes underappreciated or overlooked? | 有没有谁没得到你足够的重视和关怀呢 |
[03:55] | Maya, | 玛雅 |
[03:58] | My life is so much better for having you in it. | 你的存在让我的人生顿时有意义了很多 |
[04:01] | I know, pumpkin. | 我懂的 小可爱 |
[04:03] | Thank you, dad. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[04:05] | For the first time, I’ve actually understood | 我有生以来第一次懂得了 |
[04:07] | Something that you’ve tried to teach me. | 你想教会我的东西 |
[04:09] | Please, bell, ring. | 求你了 下课铃快响吧 |
[04:13] | Ring! | 叮叮当 |
[04:21] | You could do that? | 那样都可以吗 |
[04:28] | I wonder what electives we’re gonna get. | 我很好奇我们会申请到什么样的选修课 |
[04:30] | I hope we get good ones. | 我希望我们得到的都是好的 |
[04:31] | Why do they call them “Electives” if they make us do them? | 他们都强迫我们去上了 那怎么还叫选修课 |
[04:33] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[04:34] | And why do they call it shop class? | 他们为什么要称之为”商店课”啊[劳动实践课] |
[04:37] | That was the biggest disappointment of my little life. | 那真是我小小的人生中最大的失望了 |
[04:45] | Yum, blob. | 真好吃 大肉丸[胖子] |
[04:48] | All right, no blob for me, please. | 好吧 我就不要大肉丸了 |
[04:50] | Not because it’s not good, only because there’s no taste | 不是因为它不好吃 而是因为它没有味道 |
[04:51] | And no flavor. | 没有香料 |
[04:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:55] | You know I made that myself. | 你知道那是我亲手做的吧 |
[04:57] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[04:58] | I call it, “Tuesday.” | 我称之为”周二” |
[05:00] | But it’s Thursday. | 但今天是周四啊 |
[05:03] | No throwing rolls! | 不准把面包卷乱扔 |
[05:05] | Well, she’s in a good mood today. | 她今天心情不错嘛 |
[05:07] | That’s the happiest I’ve seen her. | 那是我见过她最开心的时候 |
[05:08] | Look, I don’t care what electives we get, | 听着 我不在乎我们到底能得到什么选修课 |
[05:10] | Just as long as we don’t end up in– | 只要我们最终不至于沦落到… |
[05:13] | Cafeteria duty. | 做餐厅服务生 |
[05:16] | Good afternoon, Geralyn. | 下午好啊 杰拉琳 |
[05:18] | Oh, mashed potatoes. | 哎呀 有土豆泥啊 |
[05:20] | I put a little extra love in there for you today. | 我今天特意给你多加了一点爱进去哦 |
[05:23] | I know you did. | 我就知道你会的 |
[05:25] | No eating in line, Matthews. | 别排着队就吃起来啊 麦修斯 |
[05:27] | Oh, you’re tough. | 你好严厉啊 |
[05:29] | I sure wouldn’t want to be | 我可不想成为那些 |
[05:30] | one of the kids who gets you for an elective. | 选修课得跟着你的孩子 |
[05:39] | Do you guys ever actually eat the food? | 你们会吃这些食物吗 |
[05:41] | No. | 不会 |
[05:45] | Hey, how do you guys actually make this thing erupt? | 嘿 你们怎么让火山爆发啊 |
[05:48] | Maya, don’t! | 玛雅 不要 |
[05:50] | She’s gonna blow! | 火山要爆炸啦 |
[06:03] | Why do they build their villages so close? | 他们为什么要把村庄建得那么近啊 |
[06:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[06:13] | Where are you guys going? What’s the rush? | 你们要去哪儿啊 急什么 |
[06:16] | Geralyn, janitor Harley, can you come over here for a minute? | 杰拉琳 保洁员哈利 你们能过来一下吗 |
[06:22] | So, you guys don’t think you should have to clean any of this up? | 你们觉得你们完全不必打扫这些吗 |
[06:25] | Geralyn, | 杰拉琳 |
[06:26] | do you think they realize when they waste their food like this | 你觉得他们明白 像他们这样浪费食物 |
[06:28] | it makes you feel bad? | 会让你感到很难过吗 |
[06:29] | I feel bad. | 我感到很难过 |
[06:31] | And janitor Harley, | 保洁员哈利 |
[06:33] | Do you think they realize when they make a mess in the cafeteria, | 你觉得他们明白 像他们这样把餐厅搞得一团糟 |
[06:35] | it makes you feel bad? | 会让你感到很难过吗 |
[06:36] | I actually feel I deserve what I get. | 我实际上觉得我是罪有应得 |
[06:39] | But I have all kinds of different issues. | 但我存在各种各样的问题 |
[06:43] | You know, in just a few minutes you guys played with your food | 在短短几分钟内 你们拿食物当玩具 |
[06:46] | And you left a mess without any regard or respect for anyone else. | 然后留下乱糟糟的一片 完全不懂尊重别人 |
[06:49] | It’s not just us. | 又不是只有我们这样 |
[06:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:52] | And you’re the good ones. | 你们可是好学生 |
[06:53] | I’m gonna go ahead and assign you your electives now. | 我打算现在就分配你们的选修课任务 |
[06:56] | Girls, your electives will be, | 姑娘们 你们的选修课就是… |
[06:59] | and I don’t think anybody saw this one coming. | 我觉得谁都没料到会是这样的安排 |
[07:01] | Oh, no. | 不好 |
[07:04] | Cafeteria duty. | 餐厅服务 |
[07:08] | How you doin’? | 你们还好吗 |
[07:11] | I’ve been better. | 现在不是最好的时候 |
[07:16] | That’s the worst elective in the school besides janitorial services. | 那是全校除扫厕所外最差劲的选修课内容了 |
[07:25] | How you doin’, boys I own? | 你们还好吗 小子们 |
[07:27] | Meet Mr. Mop. | 来认识下拖把先生 |
[07:29] | And his pal, Mr. Bucket. | 和它的小伙伴 水桶先生 |
[07:32] | First, | 首先 |
[07:34] | You’ll clean Mr. Mess in the cafeteria. | 你们要把乱糟糟的餐厅打扫干净 |
[07:36] | Then I’ll introduce you | 然后我会介绍你们 |
[07:38] | to the always delightful Mr. Vomit. | 去打扫”呕吐物先生” |
[07:41] | Thank you, but I have enough friends. | 谢你了 但我已经有很多朋友了 |
[07:50] | Hey, pretty lunch lady. | 嘿 美丽的午餐服务生 |
[07:51] | You are killing this thang. | 你穿着这衣服简直美呆了 |
[07:54] | – Stop it. – Stop it. | -别这样了啦 -别这样了啦 |
[07:57] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[07:58] | Am I not the cutest thing ever? | 我不是有史以来最萌的人吗 |
[08:13] | Actually, these are being | 实际上 这种帽子 |
[08:15] | worn on the back of the head this season. | 本季流行的戴法是戴在后脑勺 |
[08:18] | I have my own distinct sense of fashion! | 我有我独特的时尚品味 |
[08:21] | Welcome… | 欢迎 |
[08:22] | To the cafeteria. | 来到餐厅 |
[08:24] | We have a lot of fun here. | 我们这里有很多乐趣哦 |
[08:26] | And by fun, I mean potatoes. | 我说的乐趣 就是指土豆 |
[08:28] | And by potatoes, | 我说的土豆 |
[08:30] | I mean, we peel them. | 意思就是 我们要削皮 |
[08:32] | And by we, I mean you. | 我说的”我们” 实际是指你们 |
[08:36] | Well, this actually doesn’t seem so bad. | 其实也不算太糟糕的差事呢 |
[08:39] | There’s more, aren’t there? | 还有更多土豆要削 是吧 |
[08:40] | Look behind you, scarecrow. | 瞧瞧你身后 稻草人 |
[08:41] | Oh, I have a nickname. | 哎呀 我还有个外号呢 |
[08:43] | That’s a lot of potatoes. | 土豆可真多啊 |
[08:46] | When you have completed the peeling of the potato, | 等你们把土豆都削完皮之后 |
[08:49] | you place the potato in the pot. | 要把土豆都放进锅里 |
[08:51] | That is all you do. | 那就是你们的全部任务 |
[08:53] | Now, I will finish preparing tomorrow’s lunch. | 现在我得准备下明天的午餐了 |
[08:57] | You ladies will do what? | 你们要干什么呢 |
[09:00] | – peel the potatoes. – put them in the pot. | -给土豆削皮 -把它们放进锅里 |
[09:02] | What do you do? | 你们该做什么 |
[09:03] | – peel the potatoes. – put them in the pot. | -给土豆削皮 -把它们放进锅里 |
[09:05] | What do you not do? | 你们不该做什么 |
[09:06] | Anything else. | 除此以外的一切 |
[09:08] | I believe we have communicated. | 我觉得我们已经实现了顺畅的沟通 |
[09:10] | Except for one thing. | 除了一件事 |
[09:13] | This is a one-week class for you, a grade. | 你们只需要上这节课一周 |
[09:17] | But this is my world | 但这是我的全世界 |
[09:19] | and I care very much about what happens back here. | 我很在意这厨房里所发生的一切 |
[09:21] | Understand? | 明白吗 |
[09:22] | Yes, ms.– | 是的 您姓… |
[09:23] | Thompson. | 汤普森 |
[09:24] | Thompson. Sorry. | 汤普森太太 抱歉 |
[09:26] | We should have known that. | 我们早该搞清楚的 |
[09:28] | My name is– | 我叫…. |
[09:29] | Riley Matthews. Loves fish stick Fridays. | 莱丽·麦修斯 喜欢周五供应的炸鱼条 |
[09:32] | Who am I? | 我叫什么呢 |
[09:33] | Maya Hart. | 玛雅·哈特 |
[09:35] | I always give you extra to take home. | 我总是多给你些食物 让你带回家 |
[09:38] | I know all my kids. | 我对所有的孩子都很了解 |
[09:40] | Well, I will leave you ladies to it. | 我就不打扰你们工作了 |
[09:46] | So, this is easy. | 其实这很简单的 |
[09:48] | What could possibly go wrong? | 能出什么差错呢 |
[09:50] | Look at all these spices. | 瞧这些调味料 |
[09:52] | You know what these are? | 你知道这些是什么吗 |
[09:53] | What? | 什么啊 |
[09:54] | Taste and flavor. | 味道和风情 |
[09:55] | The kids will love us. | 孩子们一定会很爱我们的 |
[09:57] | Peel the potatoes, put them in the pot. | 削土豆皮 然后放进锅里 |
[09:59] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不到你在说什么 |
[10:01] | Spicy! | 重口味 |
[10:02] | I don’t understand any of this. | 我真搞不懂这些 |
[10:09] | Yeah, I never think of these hallways as being anything but clean. | 是啊 我以为这些走廊原本就是干净的呢 |
[10:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[10:14] | There are two types of custodians: | 其实这世上有两种保洁员 |
[10:16] | The ninja, and the showboat. | 忍者和作秀的 |
[10:19] | I, janitor Harley Keiner, | 我 保洁员哈利·肯纳 |
[10:21] | am a ninja. | 是个忍者 |
[10:24] | Me, you never see coming. | 我 你永远看不到我的到来 |
[10:26] | You just know I’ve been there. | 但你知道我曾经来打扫过 |
[10:29] | How much throw-up can there possibly be in a school? | 学校里到底会有多少呕吐物啊 |
[10:32] | Well, each student has a stomach about yea big. | 每个学生的胃差不多都是这么大 |
[10:37] | Yet they think they can eat about yea much. | 但他们却自以为可以吃这么多 |
[10:43] | Alvin Bergis. | 阿尔文·伯吉斯 |
[10:45] | You can actually tell who that is? | 你光是听声音就知道是谁在吐吗 |
[10:47] | I know all of you. | 我了解你们所有人 |
[10:49] | Alvin’s a seventh grader. | 阿尔文是七年级的学生 |
[10:51] | He has a speech in English today. | 他今天发表了一篇英文演讲 |
[10:53] | He seems…unprepared. | 他似乎 没有做好准备 |
[11:00] | I got this. | 我来捡 |
[11:06] | Does that happen a lot? | 像这种情况经常发生吗 |
[11:07] | Happens all the time. | 一直都在发生 |
[11:10] | It’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[11:23] | Oh, hey girls. | 嘿 姑娘们 |
[11:25] | Would you like to help me with the groceries, please? | 你们能帮我拿下杂货吗 |
[11:27] | We worked all day for 45 minutes. | 我们工作了45分钟 就像是一整天 |
[11:33] | Could you rub my back? | 你能帮我捶捶背吗 |
[11:35] | Oh, sure Maya. | 当然了 玛雅 |
[11:36] | I would love to rub your back. | 我很乐意替你捶背 |
[11:38] | Just right after I bring in all the rest of the groceries by myself | 但那得等我一个人先把所有杂货都提进屋 |
[11:40] | and then cook dinner for the entire family. | 然后替全家人做好晚餐 |
[11:42] | Okay, hurry up. | 好吧 快点 |
[11:46] | Riley, I asked you to clear off the table this morning. | 莱丽 我今早让你把桌子清理一下的啊 |
[11:49] | Mom, you are not being very sympathetic to us. | 妈 你对我们真是一点同情心都没有 |
[11:52] | We worked. | 我们工作了啊 |
[11:54] | In a kitchen. | 在厨房里哦 |
[11:55] | 45 minutes. | 45分钟呢 |
[11:56] | In a row. | 不间断 |
[11:59] | Rub my back. | 给我捶捶背吧 |
[12:00] | – I’ll do it. – No. | -我来吧 -不要 |
[12:01] | When you do it, it’s like spiders poking at me. | 你捶背就像蜘蛛在给我挠痒一样 |
[12:03] | But that’s my spider move. | 但那就是我的蜘蛛步啊 |
[12:06] | Girls, could you please help me bring in the rest of the groceries? | 姑娘们 你们能帮我把剩余的杂货提进屋吗 |
[12:10] | Other people had a hard day, too. | 别人今天也过得很辛苦哦 |
[12:12] | Yes, Farkle and Lucas had to clean. | 是啊 弗科和卢卡斯不得不到处打扫呢 |
[12:15] | 45 minutes. | 45分钟哦 |
[12:16] | In a row. | 不间断 |
[12:18] | Wow, I had no idea. | 哇 我还真不知道呢 |
[12:22] | Poor, poor kids. | 可怜的孩子们 |
[12:24] | I’ll just go get the rest of the groceries by myself. | 我还是亲自去把那些杂货提进屋吧 |
[12:31] | Maya, you know | 玛雅 你还记得 |
[12:33] | that lesson about “The forgotten” this morning? | 今早那节关于”被遗忘的群体”的课吗 |
[12:36] | It’s us. | 说的就是我们啊 |
[12:47] | All right. | 好了 |
[12:48] | The potatoes you prepared yesterday will be served today. | 你们昨天准备的土豆今天会被供应上桌 |
[12:50] | When do we get paid? | 我们什么时候能领工资啊 |
[12:53] | The grateful looks in everyone’s faces | 大家眼中感激的神情 |
[12:55] | will be pay enough for me. | 对我而言就是最好的工资了 |
[12:57] | You want a pat on the back, you better get a longer arm. | 你们想获得表扬 不如指望自己表扬自己 |
[12:59] | This is not the job for “Attaboys” Or “You go girls.” | 像这种工作是不会给你们鼓励表扬的 |
[13:02] | Yesterday was the hardest I’ve worked in my life. | 昨天是我这辈子最辛劳的一天 |
[13:06] | I have no doubt of that. | 我毫不怀疑这一点 |
[13:07] | Now, for the actual hard part. | 现在 要面临真正的艰难了 |
[13:10] | That’s a joke. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[13:12] | You’re funny, right? | 你是在搞笑 对吧 |
[13:13] | When that lunch bell rings, brace yourselves, rookies. | 午餐铃一响 就做好准备全力以赴 菜鸟们 |
[13:16] | It’s about to get real in here. | 一切都要变成实战了 |
[13:18] | You’re in charge of the potatoes. | 你们负责盛土豆 |
[13:22] | You scoop them up, you plop them down. | 你们要把土豆舀起来 放到餐盘里 |
[13:25] | Scoop, then plop. Say it. | 舀 放 说一遍 |
[13:27] | Scoop and plop. Say it. | 舀 放 说一遍 |
[13:30] | Now, after those plates go out, guess what happens next. | 等那些盘子都空了 猜猜接下来会怎样 |
[13:33] | We can go home. | 我们就可以回家了 |
[13:37] | You can go home. | 你们就可以回家了 |
[13:38] | No! | 不可能 |
[13:40] | Those dishes come back with twice the fury. | 那些碟子会带着加倍的怒气被送回来 |
[13:42] | They come in here. | 它们进入这里 |
[13:44] | You scrape. You rinse. | 你得擦一下 然后冲洗 |
[13:47] | They go on here, | 它们会来到这里 |
[13:48] | Where they go on their little dish journey, | 它们要在这里展开小小的盘子之旅 |
[13:50] | Where they are reborn as clean dishes for tomorrow. | 它们将重生为干净的盘子 以备明天再用 |
[13:54] | Hallelujah! | 哈利路亚 |
[13:55] | Say it. | 说一遍 |
[13:56] | Hallelujah. Say it. | 哈利路亚 说一遍 |
[14:00] | This is it. | 铃响了 |
[14:01] | You ready? | 你们准备好了吗 |
[14:02] | How bad can middle school lunch get? | 中学就餐情况再糟糕又能怎样 |
[14:05] | Goodbye, tiny little girls. | 再见吧 小姑娘们 |
[14:08] | Let’s do this thing. | 我们开战吧 |
[14:20] | They have been served. | 他们享受到了用餐服务 |
[14:21] | – by us. – the servers. | -是我们服务的 -美女服务员 |
[14:23] | Except no one smiled. | 只是没有一个人笑过 |
[14:26] | And nobody said “Thank you.” | 也没人对我们说”谢谢” |
[14:27] | And nobody even knew my name. | 甚至没人知道我的名字 |
[14:29] | And I go to school with these people. | 我跟他们可是同学啊 |
[14:31] | Welcome to my world. | 欢迎来到我的世界 |
[14:32] | Well, at least the hard part is over. | 至少最艰难的部分已经结束了 |
[14:34] | No, now comes the actual, actual hard part. | 不 接下来才是真正最艰难的部分 |
[14:38] | Why do you keep making that same joke? | 你干嘛老是开这同一个玩笑啊 |
[14:41] | Look over here. Wait for it. | 瞧这里 等着 |
[14:43] | Here it comes. Wait for it. | 来了 等着哦 |
[14:49] | What? | 什么 |
[14:50] | This is it? | 就这个吗 |
[14:51] | Oh, I got this. | 我来吧 |
[14:53] | This is nothing. I’ll do it all. | 这算是很么 我可以全包了 |
[14:54] | Scrape. | 擦一下 |
[14:57] | Rinse. | 冲一下 |
[15:00] | Hallelujah. | 哈利路亚 |
[15:02] | Maya, you might as well go home. | 玛雅 你都可以回家了 |
[15:03] | How bad do you think this is gonna be? | 你觉得情况会糟糕到什么地步 |
[15:05] | That was the first rain drop. | 那不过是第一滴小雨点而已 |
[15:07] | Before what? | 接下来是什么 |
[15:08] | Noah. | 大洪水 |
[15:12] | Maya! | 玛雅 |
[15:17] | We did it. | 我们做到了 |
[15:19] | Please tell me there isn’t another actual, actual hard part. | 快告诉我不会再有真正艰难又艰难的部分了 |
[15:22] | No, you’re done. | 没了 你们完工了 |
[15:24] | – Hallelujah. – Hallelujah. | -哈利路亚 -哈利路亚 |
[15:26] | Why don’t you two go to the locker room, | 你们何不去衣物间 |
[15:28] | hit the showers, and freshen up. | 洗个澡 打气点精神来 |
[15:30] | I’m filthy. | 我脏透了 |
[15:31] | We don’t want anybody to see us like this. | 我们不希望被任何人看到这个样子 |
[15:33] | Well, I don’t see where you have any other choice. | 我觉得你们也没有别的选择了吧 |
[15:36] | There is. | 有的 |
[15:38] | There is another way. | 另外有一种办法 |
[15:48] | As curious as I am, | 尽管我很好奇 |
[15:49] | To see what would happen to you, | 你们会遭遇什么样的事 |
[15:51] | I’ve grown to like you both. | 我已经慢慢开始喜欢你们了 |
[15:54] | I’m very proud of you. | 我为你们感到很骄傲 |
[15:55] | You did me and my kitchen proud today. | 你们让我和我的厨房今天很满意 |
[15:58] | So… | 所以 |
[16:02] | No. | 不行 |
[16:12] | Thank you, Ms. Thompson. | 谢谢你 汤普森太太 |
[16:13] | I think you two can call me Geralyn. | 我觉得你们可以叫我杰拉琳 |
[16:18] | You guys are a mess. | 你们真是一团糟 |
[16:20] | We got the school so clean yesterday. | 我们昨天把校园打扫得好干净 |
[16:22] | Today was the easiest day ever. | 今天的清扫工作变得好轻松 |
[16:23] | And janitor Harley said | 而且保洁员哈利说 |
[16:25] | it was the least pukey day he’s ever seen. | 今天是他见过的呕吐人数最少的一天 |
[16:27] | Wait a minute, boys. | 等一等 小子们 |
[16:29] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[16:31] | There’s a storm a-brewin’. | 风暴要来临了 |
[16:33] | What kind of storm? | 什么样的风暴 |
[16:34] | We’re too late! | 我们太迟了 |
[16:37] | Oh, my. Farkle, run! | 天啊 弗科 快跑 |
[16:38] | I am running! I’m just not a good athlete. | 我在跑啊 但我不擅长运动 |
[16:41] | Save yourselves. | 自救吧 |
[16:42] | They’re all about to blow. | 他们各个都要吐啦 |
[16:50] | All you had to do was peel the potatoes | 你们的工作不过是削完土豆皮 |
[16:53] | And put them in the pot. | 再把它们扔进锅里 |
[16:54] | That’s what I did. | 我就是那么做的 |
[16:55] | Peel the potatoes! | 削土豆皮 |
[16:56] | Put them in the pot. | 再放进锅里 |
[17:00] | Funny story. | 真有意思 |
[17:12] | Geralyn is really good at her job. | 杰拉琳真的很擅长做她的工作 |
[17:16] | We are not good at geralyn’s job. | 我们不擅长做杰拉琳的工作 |
[17:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:26] | In 1929, our country fell apart. | 1929年 我们的国家遭遇了大危机 |
[17:29] | Not only because the economy suffered, | 不仅是因为经济一蹶不振 |
[17:31] | But because we neglected the working class people | 更是因为我们忽略了那些工薪阶层 |
[17:33] | Who served us with pride and dignity. | 他们一直带着骄傲和尊严在付出 |
[17:36] | And because we never cared enough to get to know them, | 因为我们对他们漠不关心 不去了解他们 |
[17:38] | They were easily taken for granted | 他们很容易被无视 |
[17:40] | And became “The forgotten.” | 变成了”被遗忘的群体” |
[17:42] | Can anybody tell us who this is? | 有谁知道这位是谁吗 |
[17:44] | The lunchroom lady. | 食堂大妈 |
[17:45] | I think she has a name. | 我觉得她是有名字的 |
[17:47] | I do. Three taco Sara. | 我是有的 吃3个墨西哥饼的莎拉 |
[17:50] | This is Geralyn Thompson. | 这位是杰拉琳·汤普森 |
[17:53] | And she knows all of your names. | 她知道你们所有人的名字 |
[17:55] | She’s worked at this school for 20 years, | 她在这学校工作20年了 |
[17:57] | And I can tell you that her job is not easy. | 我可以告诉你们 她的工作可不容易做 |
[18:00] | Because she has over 1,000 children | 因为她要负责超过1000个孩子 |
[18:02] | And when you feed 1,000 children, | 当你要负责1000个孩子的饮食时 |
[18:04] | You have to make sure it’s something that everybody can eat. | 你必须确保 那食物是大家都能吃的 |
[18:06] | And even if she would like to spice things up a bit, | 尽管她很想把一些菜的口味调得重一点 |
[18:09] | She knows not to. | 她也知道不该那样 |
[18:10] | Because it’s what’s right for everyone. | 因为那才是适合所有人的食物 |
[18:12] | She takes pride in her work, her kitchen, her cooking, | 她对自己的工作 厨房和厨艺感到骄傲 |
[18:16] | And us. | 以及我们 |
[18:17] | And I’m proud that I was able to stand in her shoes for a day. | 我很骄傲能切实体验她的生活一天 |
[18:20] | This lady right here does it everyday… | 而这位女士却日复一日地辛勤付出 |
[18:22] | For us. | 为了我们 |
[18:23] | Geralyn. Remember that name. | 杰拉琳 请记住这个名字 |
[18:26] | Whatever we end up doing in life, | 不管我们长大后最终选择做什么 |
[18:28] | We have to do it with the same pride and enthusiasm as her. | 我们都必须有像她这样的骄傲和激情 |
[18:32] | Boys. | 男孩们 |
[18:33] | We’ve seen things. | 我们看到一些不该看的东西 |
[18:35] | You don’t know, man. You weren’t there. | 你无法想象 老兄 你当时不在场 |
[18:38] | They went in as boys, | 他们进去的时候是男孩 |
[18:40] | They came out as I don’t know. | 出来时成了…我也不知道 |
[18:44] | I don’t know what they are now. | 我也不知道他们现在算什么了 |
[18:47] | We’d be lying to you if we told you | 如果我们跟你说 保洁员的工作 |
[18:48] | Janitorial services was our first pick. | 是我们的首选 那一定是在撒谎 |
[18:50] | But I wouldn’t trade this experience for a trip to the moon. | 但就算你拿登月的诱惑跟我交换这段经历 我都不会换 |
[18:53] | That was an elective? | 那是选修性质的吗 |
[18:56] | Janitor Harley is a good man. | 保洁员哈利是个好人 |
[18:58] | You have no idea what he goes through for you. | 你们完全无法想象他为你们经受了什么 |
[19:00] | You may not even notice that he’s there. | 你们甚至都没注意到过他的存在 |
[19:02] | But I promise you this, | 但我可以向你们保证一点 |
[19:03] | You would notice if he wasn’t there. | 如果他不在 你们一定会注意到的 |
[19:05] | The clean tables, | 干净的桌子 |
[19:07] | The immaculate classrooms, | 一尘不染的教室 |
[19:08] | The shiny floors; | 闪亮的地板 |
[19:10] | They don’t magically happen. | 那不是自然形成的 |
[19:12] | They take a ninja. | 而是需要忍者的清扫 |
[19:15] | Ninja. | 忍者 |
[19:19] | People who go through things for you, | 那些为你们服务的人 |
[19:21] | People who pour their heart and souls into their jobs | 那些往工作中倾注心灵和灵魂的人 |
[19:24] | because they care should be valued and embraced. | 就因为他们在乎 这些人应该被重视和亲近 |
[19:29] | You should look them in the eye | 你们应该看着他们的眼睛 |
[19:30] | And say “Thank you.” | 说一声 “谢谢你” |
[19:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:40] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激 |
[19:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:01] | I peeled potatoes for one day and I almost died. | 我就削了一天的土豆 就差点死了 |
[20:06] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[20:07] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[20:14] | Spiders. | 蜘蛛挠痒 |
[20:17] | What is this for? | 你为什么要犒赏我 |
[20:18] | I get up in the morning, you’re already up. | 我早晨起床的时候 你已经起来了 |
[20:21] | I go to sleep, you’re still up. | 我睡觉的时候 你还在熬夜 |
[20:24] | There’s food on the table, | 桌上已经有准备好的食物 |
[20:26] | Clean clothes. | 有干净的衣服 |
[20:27] | You take us where we need to go. | 你会送我们去我们需要去的地方 |
[20:30] | You have a job and you still make time | 你有自己的工作 却依然能腾出时间 |
[20:32] | to take care of me and Auggie. | 照顾我和奥吉 |
[20:33] | And I know now, that may not be so easy. | 我现在明白了 那一切并不容易 |
[20:36] | So, if I’ve forgotten to say thank you, | 如果我忘记对你说一声谢谢 |
[20:38] | I’m saying it now. | 我现在就要说 |
[20:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:46] | Oh, and you too, dad. | 也谢谢你 老爸 |
[20:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:56] | How are you today, Geralyn? | 你今天过得怎么样 杰拉琳 |
[20:57] | I’m fine, Riley. Thanks for asking. | 我很好 莱丽 谢谢关心 |
[21:02] | Stop it. | 别这样了啦 |
[21:11] | I got this. | 我来收 |
[21:12] | No. | 不用 |
[21:13] | We got this. | 我们来吧 |
[21:21] | Hey, you missed. | 嘿 你没扔进去 |
[21:33] | You know, it’s a funny thing about teachers, | 关于老师有个很有趣的一点 |
[21:36] | People don’t often realize that without the lesson, | 人们通常都意识不到 没有课程 |
[21:40] | Without the education, | 没有教育 |
[21:42] | No one would learn anything at all. | 任何人都学不到任何东西 |
[21:44] | There would be no growth, no progress. | 那就会没有成长 没有进步 |
[21:47] | There would be no doctors, or lawyers, | 也不会有医生 律师 |
[21:49] | Or anything at all, really. | 或其他任何东西 |
[21:51] | In fact, when you think about it, | 实际上 如果你仔细想一下的话 |
[21:53] | Teachers are the foundation of our whole country– our whole world. | 就会明白老师是我们整个国家或世界的基石 |
[21:56] | Teachers should be appreciated and never forgotten. | 老师应该受人感激 永远不该被遗忘 |
[22:05] | I appreciate you, baboon. | 我很感激你 狒狒 |
[22:07] | Now, get out of here so I can go home. | 赶紧走人吧 我也好快点回家 |
[22:09] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 行 |