时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – I apologized! – I don’t care! | -我道歉 -我才不管 |
[00:07] | I apologized like 50 times. | 我都道歉无数次了 |
[00:09] | You don’t do that to me. | 你就不该这样对我 |
[00:10] | How many times are you gonna make me say I’m sorry? | 你还得让我道歉多少次 |
[00:12] | Are you actually sorry? | 你道歉是真心的吗 |
[00:13] | No! | 不是 |
[00:14] | Oh, this one’s bad. | 这下糟糕了 |
[00:15] | It’s Riley and Maya. | 莱丽和玛雅嘛 |
[00:17] | They love each other. | 她们俩相爱相杀呀 |
[00:19] | Fine, you don’t want to sit by me? Fabulous. | 行 你还不想跟我一起坐 真是太好了 |
[00:21] | I will not stink up the integrity of our bay window | 我可不想吵这场奇葩的架 |
[00:25] | with this ridiculous argument. | 把咱俩的诚信窗台熏臭 |
[00:27] | You come here and stink it up right now. | 你马上给我过来把窗台熏臭 |
[00:31] | No, this one’s really bad. | 这下子真是出大麻烦了 |
[00:33] | It’ll go away. | 过一会儿就没事了 |
[00:35] | They’re gonna marry each other. | 她们俩恨不得以后结婚呐 |
[00:38] | You stood up for Lucas and not me! | 你居然不支持我 反倒支持卢卡斯 |
[00:40] | I’m not standing up for him. | 我又没有支持他 |
[00:42] | You didn’t disagree with him. | 你压根没反驳他 |
[00:43] | Well, when you really think about it, he wasn’t wrong. | 听着 你仔细想想他说的话 根本没错啊 |
[00:45] | Who cares? | 管他呢 |
[00:47] | Oh, right and wrong don’t matter now? | 这下可好 对错反而不重要了 |
[00:48] | The only thing that matters is you and me. | 你我的关系才是最重要的 |
[00:50] | When have I ever not stood up for you? | 我什么时候不支持你过 |
[00:51] | When I’m wrong! | 我犯错误的时候啊 |
[00:52] | You’re always wrong! | 你一直都在犯错误 |
[00:55] | Or you’re always right. Who cares? | 你一直都也说得对 管他呢 |
[00:56] | I don’t listen, I just stick up for you automatically. | 我听都不听 就自觉地跟着你的路线走 |
[00:58] | Ooh, chick fight! | 哟 妹子吵嘴啦 |
[01:02] | Chick fight right here, ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 现场直播妹子吵嘴 |
[01:04] | One dollar to see the shocker by the lockers. | 储物柜旁豪华观光位只要一块钱 |
[01:09] | Brought to you by Zay Babineaux enterprises. | 本节目由小赛·巴宾诺公司为您奉献 |
[01:12] | I’m not gonna be the cause of this. | 我可不想让你们俩为我吵架 |
[01:14] | Too late, huckleberry. | 太晚了 小越橘 |
[01:15] | Huckleberry. | 小越橘哈 |
[01:17] | You know why it happened, Maya? | 这件事的源头在哪儿 玛雅 |
[01:19] | All you do is call me names. | 你就只会给我起外号了 |
[01:20] | I finally struck back once. | 我好不容易回击了一次 |
[01:22] | This has nothing to do with you, who I will deal with later. | 现在吵的架不关你你一分钱的事 老娘待会再收拾你 |
[01:24] | Yee. | 哎呀 |
[01:26] | This happened because she stuck up for you. | 整件事就是因为她替你辩护 |
[01:28] | I didn’t stick up for him. | 我又没替他辩护 |
[01:29] | You didn’t disagree with him. | 你压根没反驳他 |
[01:30] | How could she disagree with him, he’s right? | 她反驳他干嘛 他说得对啊 |
[01:31] | – You’re next! – I want to be first. | -再下一个收拾你 -先收拾我好不 |
[01:34] | Yee. | 哎呀 |
[01:37] | He is right, you know. | 他说得对 你也知道吧 |
[01:38] | Why does that mean so much to everybody? | 大家怎么都这么在乎对对错错 |
[01:40] | When being right is more important than being friends… | 如果事事都分个对错比做朋友还重要 |
[01:44] | Then that’s the end of being friends. | 那还是别做朋友了 |
[01:55] | Yeah, no chance. | 不这样没办法了 |
[02:02] | Is this still going on? | 她俩还在吵架吗 |
[02:03] | Look at ’em! | 看看她们俩 |
[02:05] | Yowzas! | 唉呀妈呀 |
[02:07] | I’m moving my seat. | 我要换座位 |
[02:09] | Yeah, you just do that. | 你爱换换吧 |
[02:12] | Mr. Friar? | 弗莱尔同学 |
[02:13] | I’m sorry, I couldn’t take it anymore. | 不好意思 我实在受不了了 |
[02:14] | I finally called her a name. | 就给她起了个外号 |
[02:16] | She’s called me a thousand names. | 她都给我起过成百上千个外号了 |
[02:17] | I called her one name. | 我只给她起了一个而已 |
[02:18] | Move. | 走开 |
[02:23] | Do it. | 有本事来啊 |
[02:27] | He’s under my protection. | 他现在受我保护 |
[02:28] | You want to tangle with me? | 想跟我扯上关系吗 |
[02:30] | Not yet. | 现在还不想 |
[02:33] | Move. | 走开 |
[02:46] | Why didn’t you disagree with him, Riley? | 莱丽 你为什么不反驳他 |
[02:48] | Maya, how can I disagree with what he said | 玛雅 如果他说的根本没错 |
[02:50] | if what he said was true? | 我为什么要反驳 |
[02:52] | In life, no matter what happens | 人生中 不管发生什么 |
[02:55] | sometimes all you need is | 你有时最需要的 |
[02:56] | someone who will be there for you no matter what. | 就是一个愿为你赴汤蹈火的好朋友啊 |
[02:57] | What he said is true! | 他说的压根没错 |
[02:59] | I’m not talking to you! | 我不跟你说话了 |
[03:00] | Then I’m not talking to you! | 我也不跟你说话了 |
[03:02] | Well, that’s the way it would work, wouldn’t it? | 这样你我都高兴了对吧 |
[03:03] | Not the way we’re doing it. | 这样下去可不见得 |
[03:06] | Okay, darlings. | 省省吧 亲爱的 |
[03:08] | If everyone will focus | 现在请各位 |
[03:09] | their attention to the front of the room… | 注意一下黑板上的内容 |
[03:10] | War. | 战争 |
[03:13] | World wars can begin with a single gunshot. | 一声枪响就可能成为世界大战的导火索 |
[03:17] | And wars between friends can also begin with an isolated event. | 而盟友之间的战争也能由挑拨离间的小事引发 |
[03:20] | One time in college, | 我上大学的时候 |
[03:22] | all my friends had a war, | 有一次我的朋友们都在吵架 |
[03:23] | and it was great… | 吵得特别厉害 |
[03:26] | Until it wasn’t. | 厉害到人人自危 |
[03:27] | I won’t let it come to that, Mr. Matthews. | 马修斯老师 我不会让事情走到那一步的 |
[03:29] | Neither will I. | 我也不会 |
[03:30] | – Maya? – What? | -玛雅 -干嘛 |
[03:31] | Let me tell you how much I am not going to talk to you. | 我告诉你 就算打死我 我也不跟你讲话 |
[03:33] | You’re pathetic at this. | 那你早就给打死了 |
[03:35] | Well, we’ve never done this before. | 咱俩以前可没这么冷战过 |
[03:39] | Sorry, guys, but I think this is | 抱歉 二位 我觉得 |
[03:40] | gonna take someone a little better at this than us. | 处理你们俩的关系可能需要专家支招 |
[03:42] | This is gonna take someone with a very unique set of skills. | 特立独行 有独门秘籍的那种专家 |
[03:45] | This is gonna take… | 这种专家就像 |
[04:25] | I have been summoned. | 有人召唤我 |
[04:28] | Stranger! | 陌生人啊 |
[04:53] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[05:01] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[05:05] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[05:10] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[05:14] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[05:18] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[05:22] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[05:26] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[05:31] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[05:34] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[05:39] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[05:42] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[05:46] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[05:51] | Riley! | 莱丽 |
[05:52] | Why’d you blow the whistle? | 你吹哨子干嘛 |
[05:53] | Caveman! | 外面有山顶洞人 |
[05:55] | Honey, it’s not a caveman. | 亲爱的 那不是山顶洞人 |
[05:58] | It’s your Uncle Eric. | 是你的伯伯埃里克 |
[06:00] | Okay, it’s a caveman. | 好吧 确实是个山顶洞人 |
[06:01] | Honey, remember about your Uncle Eric, | 亲爱的 和你伯伯埃里克相处 |
[06:04] | same rules we told you at the zoo. | 要像对待动物园的动物那样 |
[06:05] | Don’t stand too close, don’t feed him, | 不能靠近 不能喂食 |
[06:06] | and whatever you do, do not call him Koko. | 不管你干什么 千万别叫他克克 |
[06:10] | Okay, girls. Here we go. | 姑娘们 准备好了吗 |
[06:16] | Ah, you missed the whole parade. | 大游行都结束了 |
[06:19] | My brother! | 兄弟 |
[06:20] | My brother! | 兄弟 |
[06:24] | Hey, Eric. | 你好啊 埃里克 |
[06:25] | ‘Pangers! You’re still here? | 庞嘉嘉 你还在这儿呐 |
[06:27] | – Yeah. – Hey. | -对啊 -嘿 |
[06:31] | Hello, niche. | 你好啊 小家伙 |
[06:32] | Uncle Eric. | 埃里克叔叔 |
[06:34] | Little ‘pangers! | 小庞嘉嘉 |
[06:37] | Uncle Eric! | 埃里克伯伯 |
[06:39] | Oh! Oh! It’s cousin Auggie! | 哟 哟 是奥吉小伙啊 |
[06:42] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[06:43] | How you doin’, buddy? | 别来无恙啊 小哥 |
[06:46] | Uncle Eric, how come you look like this? | 埃里克伯伯 你怎么这么邋遢 |
[06:48] | Because they elected him mayor. | 因为他当选市长了 |
[06:50] | Who would do that? | 谁会选他啊 |
[06:51] | The good people of stupidtown. | 蠢货市的好市民啊 |
[06:54] | It’s not pronounced stupidtown! | 不能读成蠢货市 |
[06:56] | How is it pronounced? | 那该怎么读 |
[06:57] | St. Upid town. | 春霍市 |
[07:01] | How St. Upid of me. | 我还真是个春霍 |
[07:04] | I don’t get it! | 没明白 |
[07:09] | And you’re the mayor of St. Upid Town? | 你是春霍市的市长了 |
[07:10] | Yes! I was elected in a landslide. | 没错 我以山崩一般的优势获选 |
[07:12] | See, after the landslide, | 你看吧 山崩之后 |
[07:13] | everybody that wasn’t killed voted for me. | 没震死的都给我投票了 |
[07:17] | It’s a lovely little village | 我那儿真是个好地方 |
[07:18] | right on the border of New York and France. | 被纽约和法国夹在中间 |
[07:19] | New York doesn’t even border France. | 纽约州和法国又不接壤 |
[07:21] | It borders Canada. | 接壤的是加拿大 |
[07:22] | Well, then why do they speak French? | 那他们怎么会说法语呢 |
[07:24] | Why don’t they speak canadahoo? | 怎么不讲加介支个大语 |
[07:28] | It’s Quebec. | 那是魁北克 |
[07:29] | – The jeopardy guy? – No. | -是《智力竞赛》的主持人吗 -不是 |
[07:31] | Who is the jeopardy guy? | 那主持《智力竞赛》的是谁 |
[07:33] | No. | 不是 |
[07:35] | You have a stupid name. | 你的名字真够蠢的 |
[07:37] | No, see I look like this because they look like this. | 听好了 我这副模样是因为那帮人都这副模样 |
[07:40] | When they elected me mayor of them, | 他们选了我做市长 |
[07:42] | I wanted them to know that I was one of them. | 我就想和他们打成一片 |
[07:44] | I mean, people go nuts for the way I look. | 我是说 他们看我穿成这样都乐疯了 |
[07:46] | Do people go nuts for the way you look? | 你穿成这样会有人乐疯吗 |
[07:47] | I wore high-heels once. | 高跟鞋我穿过一次 |
[07:49] | People have responded. | 也确实有人评论过 |
[07:51] | You’re too young. | 你毕竟还是太年轻 |
[07:52] | It takes away your vulnerability. | 还没长出敏感脆弱的心 |
[07:54] | Well, we know that now. | 可不是这回事嘛 |
[07:57] | Anyhoo, I’ve been summoned. | 总之呢 我被召唤过来了 |
[07:58] | Why have I been brought to here? | 你们找我来干什么了 |
[08:00] | Because Cory thinks when it comes to helping people, | 因为科瑞觉得当有人需要帮助时 |
[08:02] | you somehow turn into a genius. | 你就变成个天才了 |
[08:04] | I’m in a fight with my best friend. | 我跟我的闺蜜吵架了 |
[08:06] | There will be no losing friends. | 可千万不能失去朋友 |
[08:09] | Lose one friend, lose all friends. | 失去一个朋友 你就会失去所有朋友 |
[08:12] | Lose yourself. | 你也就迷失了自我 |
[08:16] | That’s genius! | 太有才了 |
[08:18] | I told you. | 我告诉过你了 |
[08:19] | Have faith in him. | 要对他有信心 |
[08:21] | They didn’t elect you just because you look like that. | 大家选你当市长可不是因为你这副模样 |
[08:23] | No, they elected me because people trust me on their issues. | 不 大家选我是因为他们相信我能帮他们解围 |
[08:27] | I don’t have to look like this. | 我没必要非要这副模样 |
[08:28] | Everybody look at me! | 大家看看我 |
[08:43] | I called in my brother to help | 我叫我哥哥来帮忙 |
[08:44] | because no one here wants to see your battle | 是因为大家都不想看到你们俩的吵嘴 |
[08:47] | become a war. | 演变成一场战争 |
[08:49] | And Eric’s really good at this, | 埃里克干这个最在行了 |
[08:50] | because you wanna believe that everybody has to be good at something. | 因为你要相信每个人肯定有一项在行的事情 |
[08:53] | Thank you, tuba. | 谢谢你 大号 |
[08:57] | Eric’s also good at this because he completely knows how to talk to people. | 埃里克在这方面在行 还因为他完全了解如何与人交谈 |
[09:02] | Right. | 没错 |
[09:03] | Now… | 好了 |
[09:06] | Which one of you is Riley’s friend, Moesha? | 你们哪位是莱丽的闺蜜 摩伊莎 |
[09:12] | It’s Maya. | 我叫玛雅 |
[09:13] | Oh, okay. | 哦 好吧 |
[09:14] | So, what are you fighting about? | 那么 你们为什么吵架啊 |
[09:16] | She didn’t take my side. | 她没有护着我 |
[09:17] | I couldn’t take her side based on what was said, | 根据这次吵架的原因 我可不能站她那边 |
[09:19] | which is the problem with this whole thing, | 这就是这次问题的所在 |
[09:21] | because Maya is making too big of a deal | 因为玛雅对于这件事 |
[09:23] | of what was said. | 太小题大作了 |
[09:25] | Uh-huh, okay. Okay. | 好吧 好 好 |
[09:27] | Now, which one was she? | 那么 她是哪位呢 |
[09:34] | She’s the one who used to be my best friend. | 她曾经是我的闺蜜 |
[09:36] | Oh, I’m sorry, but your best friend | 哦 真是不好意思 不过你的闺蜜 |
[09:38] | is supposed to be the person you stand up for in front of people. | 难道不该是那个你会在人前替她说话的人吗 |
[09:40] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[09:41] | Look… listen, Riley. | 听着 莱丽 |
[09:43] | Look, | 听着 |
[09:45] | in Margie’s point of view… | 从玛吉的观点来看呢 |
[09:48] | Right and wrong don’t matter. | 是非并不重要 |
[09:50] | There’s nothing more important than the friendship. | 什么事情都没有友谊重要 |
[09:52] | I just can’t side with her this time. | 我这次就是不能替她说话 |
[09:55] | This time we just can’t go into candy cane world. | 这次我们可不能一起踏进棒棒糖世界 |
[09:57] | We can’t just go skipping over the rainbow bridge | 我们不能在头上戴着内裤 |
[09:59] | with our underwear on our head. | 一起穿越彩虹桥了 |
[10:00] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m not doing that again. | 对呀 我再也不这么做了 |
[10:05] | When a real friend comes into your life, I mean… | 当一个真正的朋友走进你的生活的时候 我是说 |
[10:07] | If one true friend comes through this window, | 如果一个真正的朋友从这扇窗户走进来的话 |
[10:10] | then sometimes to protect the friendship, | 那么有时候呢 如果想保护这份友谊的话 |
[10:12] | then right and wrong, they have to go out the window. | 你们要把事情的对错抛出窗外 |
[10:14] | Do you understand? | 你们听懂了吗 |
[10:16] | No. | 没有 |
[10:18] | Honey, I think Eric’s employing a broad-based concept of value of friendship | 亲爱的 埃里克是想用这种方式表达友谊的价值 |
[10:21] | taking priority– | 高于 |
[10:23] | I’m sorry, are you explaining something to me? | 真是抱歉 你在跟我讲道理吗 |
[10:26] | No. | 没有 |
[10:29] | – Yo, bozo. – Yes? | – 嘿 疯子 – 怎么了 |
[10:31] | A true friend always lets her friend know what she is really thinking. | 一个真正的朋友应该总能让自己的朋友理解自己的真实想法 |
[10:34] | That is the definition of friendship. | 这才是友谊的内在含义 |
[10:36] | Is there anybody here who could possibly disagree with that? | 这里难道还会有人对我这个观点持有异议吗 |
[10:39] | Well, I think what Eric’s trying– | 嗯 我觉得埃里克是想 |
[10:41] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[10:47] | Yeah, okay, you know what no one can argue with there, tomato? | 好吧 小番茄 有一件事大家都不可能有异议 |
[10:49] | Um, when I finally hear what this argument is about, | 等我把前因后果听明白了以后 |
[10:53] | and I fix it all up in like one second. Okay? | 我一秒钟就能把这事儿给解决了 好吗 |
[10:55] | Yeah, okay, Malala, come here. | 好吧 玛拉拉 过来 |
[11:00] | Now, I need you to tell us what this fight is about, so I can fix it. | 现在我想让你把吵架的原因告诉我 好让我来解决问题 |
[11:06] | Lucas called me short. | 卢卡斯说我是个小矮个 |
[11:09] | Fix it. | 解决吧 |
[11:10] | Yeah, I can’t fix that. | 好吧 这我可解决不了 |
[11:13] | Eric, I brought you in | 埃里克 我找你过来 |
[11:15] | because you’re the only one I know who can do the impossible. | 是因为你是我知道的唯一一个可以把不可能变为可能的人 |
[11:17] | You’re my big brother. | 你可是我大哥啊 |
[11:19] | Fix it. | 解决吧 |
[11:35] | Okay, you know what? Fine. Stay a Hobbit. | 好吧 那什么 你继续当霍比特人吧 |
[11:40] | I’ll just fix this one. | 只能在她身上下工夫了 |
[11:53] | Okay, you know, I can’t do anything if no one’s gonna help. | 好吧 知道吗 如果没人帮忙的话我可办不到 |
[11:58] | Lucas called me a short little stack of pancakes, | 卢卡斯说我是一摞矮矮的煎饼 |
[12:00] | and Riley didn’t say I wasn’t. | 而莱丽却没有说我不是 |
[12:02] | And I don’t want to be a short little stack of pancakes. | 但我不想成为一摞矮煎饼啊 |
[12:05] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天哪 |
[12:07] | I don’t think I’m gonna grow anymore. | 我觉得我不会再长个子了 |
[12:13] | I might be done, too. | 我好像也不长了 |
[12:30] | What are the primary causes of war? | 战争爆发的主要原因是什么 |
[12:32] | You may be wondering why I’m– | 你们可能在想我为啥 |
[12:34] | Not now. | 先别打岔 |
[12:38] | Freedom. | 自由 |
[12:40] | – Religion. – Pancakes. | – 宗教 – 煎饼 |
[12:41] | You may be wondering why… | 你们可能在想我 |
[12:42] | Not now! | 先别打岔 |
[12:47] | Can’t we be friends again? | 我们就不能重归于好吗 |
[12:48] | – We’re at war, Riley. – Why? | – 我们开战了 莱丽 – 为什么 |
[12:50] | Because when I knew I could count on you to defend me, | 因为当我知道我可以指望你来为我辩护的时候 |
[12:52] | I felt at peace. | 我才有内心的平静 |
[12:53] | Now, I’m not at peace. | 但现在 我并不平静 |
[12:55] | Maya, what’s the difference what anybody says? | 玛雅 别人就说你两句 能咋样啊 |
[12:57] | Because even if I am short, | 因为如果我真有那么矮的话 |
[12:59] | I never felt like I was until you didn’t disagree. | 在你没有反对之前 我也不会信的 |
[13:02] | In any war, the immediate danger is escalation to other countries. | 在任何战争中 最紧迫的危机就是对别国的侵略扩张 |
[13:06] | It seems like this is about Riley and Maya. | 不是在说莱丽和玛雅之间的问题吗 |
[13:07] | How could it escal– | 这怎么会有 |
[13:12] | I get it now. | 我明白了 |
[13:15] | Right. So, in order to avoid that, | 对呀 所以 如果想要阻止纷争的话 |
[13:18] | the next step would be to bring in a mediating body, like the united nations. | 下一步就是让调解机构介入 比如联合国 |
[13:22] | But, unfortunately, they said no, | 但是 可惜的是 他们不同意 |
[13:24] | so I’ve decided to bring in a respected intellect from the north. | 所以我打算带一位从北方来的智者过来 |
[13:38] | Now, Eric! | 说吧 埃里克 |
[13:47] | Now, what was I going to say? | 好吧 我要说什么来着 |
[13:49] | You may wonder what it is | 你们可能在想我来 |
[13:52] | yeah? | 继续啊 |
[13:53] | …I’m doing here. | 这里干什么来了 |
[13:55] | Uh-huh. | 好吧 |
[13:56] | Who is this guy? | 这家伙是谁啊 |
[13:59] | Well, this guy is my brother Eric, | 这家伙是我哥哥埃里克 |
[14:02] | and, to be honest, there’s no one that I trust more | 实话实说 要聊起调解的艺术 |
[14:05] | when it comes to the art of mediation. | 我最相信我哥了 |
[14:06] | Mediation. | 调解 |
[14:08] | Sitting cross-legged going ohm… | 就是盘坐着然后 |
[14:12] | …my legs are killing me. | 我的腿好麻啊 |
[14:18] | Right, so, it’s certainly no secret that war has broken out among us. | 好吧 那么 大家可以看出我们之间爆发了战争 |
[14:22] | I thought it might be an interesting lesson for you guys to see | 我想让大家通过这节课看一下 |
[14:25] | how rational and caring people can bring war to an end. | 理性友善的人们是如何结束一场战争的 |
[14:29] | Dad, are you sure? | 爸爸 你确定吗 |
[14:31] | Yeah. He’s got this. | 对呀 他能搞定的 |
[14:42] | Uh, Eric, Eric? | 呃 埃里克 埃里克 |
[14:44] | You do have this, right? I mean… | 你能搞定的 对吧 我是说 |
[14:46] | I know we mess around a lot, but the stakes are kind of high on this one. | 我知道我们经常打破规矩 但这好像有点儿过头啊 |
[14:50] | Look, I just wanna thank you for believing in me. | 听着 我想感谢你能够相信我 |
[14:56] | – My brother. – My brother. | – 兄弟 – 兄弟 |
[15:01] | Okay, I need there to be as many people around as possible for this. | 好吧 我需要在走廊里的人越多越好 |
[15:04] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:05] | Well, as mayor, I’m around other people all the time. | 这个 身为一个市长 我经常在别人身边 |
[15:07] | When you begin to understand them, | 当你开始理解大家的时候 |
[15:08] | you get that everybody has the same thing in common. | 你会意识到大家都有共同点 |
[15:11] | Now, here we have two friends at war. | 现在 我们有两个朋友在开战 |
[15:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:16] | Who fired the first shot? | 谁先起头的 |
[15:17] | I called Maya a short stack of pancakes. | 我管玛雅叫一摞矮煎饼 |
[15:20] | Okay, now was that really the first shot, or did Maya call you anything | 好吧 这事儿真是这么开始的吗 还是玛雅说了什么 |
[15:23] | to make you say that to her? | 导致你这么叫她呢 |
[15:24] | She called me “huckleberry.” | 她管我叫“小越橘” |
[15:26] | There’s also a possibility I may have called him “Ranger Rick” once. | 我好像还叫过他一次“游骑兵里克” |
[15:29] | Once? | 就一次吗 |
[15:31] | Oh, yeah, “Ranger Roy” once, | 对呀 只叫过一次“游骑兵小子” |
[15:32] | “Ranger Rick” is every day. | “游骑兵里克”每天都叫 |
[15:34] | Oh, don’t forget about “Bucky McBoing-boing.” | 哦 别忘了你管我叫过“碰碰巴奇”啊 |
[15:36] | Oh, that was a fun day. | 哦 那天真有趣 |
[15:38] | Oh, and she comes up to my face and goes, | 哦 还有一次她朝我来了句 |
[15:40] | – Ha… – Hurr… | – 哼 – 哼 |
[15:41] | Like it’s the way I talk. | 好像我就这么说话似的 |
[15:43] | Oh. Okay, now why do you do that? | 哦 好吧 为什么你要这样啊 |
[15:45] | Because he lets me. | 因为他让我这样的 |
[15:46] | Oh. Well, why do you let her? | 哦 那么 你为什么让她这么对你 |
[15:48] | Yeah, I’d like to know that myself. | 对呀 我也正想知道答案呢 |
[15:50] | And all he do is call you a short stack of pancakes, | 他不过就是叫你一摞矮煎饼 |
[15:52] | and you’re mad at him? | 你就生他的气了 |
[15:53] | I’m not mad at him. I’m mad at her. | 我没有生他的气 我是生莱丽的气 |
[15:55] | I’m sorry, Maya, but how can I possibly defend you from how tall you are? | 是吗 玛雅 可是我又怎么能为了你的身高为你辩护呢 |
[15:59] | The same way I defend you from how tall you are. | 就跟我在你的身高上为你辩护一样啊 |
[16:01] | What? | 你说什么 |
[16:03] | Let’s say somebody here called you… | 打个比方 有人管你叫 |
[16:05] | I don’t know, “Riley Superklutz.” | 呃 “木头人莱丽” |
[16:07] | What? | 什么 |
[16:08] | It’s okay, Riley. | 莱丽 不用介意的 |
[16:10] | You know, maybe you got these big old gawky legs and arms | 或许你确实是有点手脚笨拙 |
[16:12] | that you’re not really in such good control of yet. | 协调性也不太好 |
[16:15] | So, maybe sometimes you don’t walk around so good. | 有时候你走路的姿势不怎么好 |
[16:17] | Do I do that a lot? | 我总是那样吗 |
[16:18] | No, but sometimes you do this. | 不是的 但是有时候你会这样 |
[16:22] | Hey! Nobody laughs at her but me. | 给我闭嘴 只有我可以笑话她 |
[16:28] | I’ve never once heard anybody call me “Riley Superklutz.” | 我从来没听过有人叫我做“木头人莱丽”呢 |
[16:32] | Because I’ve always had your back. | 那是因为我总是在支持你 |
[16:35] | That’s how you all see me? | 你们全都是这样看我的 |
[16:37] | Yes. | 没错 |
[16:40] | Okay, well, that kind of hurts. | 好吧 这可有点难受 |
[16:42] | Why does it hurt? | 为什么我会觉得难受 |
[16:43] | Because it’s true, Riley. | 因为他们说得没错 莱丽 |
[16:45] | Some of these things are true about us. | 关于我们的有些事情确实是真的 |
[16:48] | But, you defended me? | 但你还是会维护我 |
[16:49] | Of course I defended you. | 我当然会维护你啊 |
[16:51] | Even when it was true? | 就算那是真的也一样 |
[16:52] | It doesn’t matter. | 这无所谓 |
[16:55] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:57] | Why what? | 什么为什么 |
[16:58] | Why doesn’t it matter? | 为什么无所谓 |
[17:01] | ‘Cause we’re best friends. | 因为我们俩是最好的朋友 |
[17:02] | – I can’t hear you. – Because we’re best friends! | – 大声点 – 因为我们俩是最好的朋友 |
[17:04] | I still can’t hear you. Something’s wrong! | 我还是听不到 有点不对劲 |
[17:13] | They’re best friends, Eric. | 埃里克 她们是最好的朋友 |
[17:15] | They realize that. | 她们终于意识到了 |
[17:17] | You did it. | 你做到了 |
[17:18] | No. | 不对 |
[17:19] | No? | 不对 |
[17:21] | No, we knew that already. | 这个我们早就知道了 |
[17:22] | That’s not it. | 还没完 |
[17:24] | This goes deeper. | 还要继续下去 |
[17:26] | Do you think I’m a superklutz? | 你觉得我是个木头人吗 |
[17:28] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[17:29] | Do you think I’m super short? | 那你觉得我特别矮吗 |
[17:31] | I think you’re regular short. | 我觉得你是普通的矮 |
[17:35] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:36] | So, you knew that everybody was calling me this, but you didn’t tell me? | 你知道其他人都是这样叫我 但你却没有告诉我 |
[17:41] | I didn’t want to hurt your feelings. | 因为我不想伤你的心 |
[17:42] | Well, that didn’t work. | 可是还是伤到了 |
[17:48] | I’d join you, but I’m already down here. | 我也想坐下来 不过我站着跟你坐着一样高 |
[17:53] | What do you mean it goes deeper than that? | 你说的继续下去是什么意思 |
[17:55] | You know, I’ve never admitted this before, | 我以前从没有承认过 |
[17:58] | but sometimes I wonder if my desire for world domination | 不过有时候我在想 我有征服世界的愿望 |
[18:00] | actually comes from deep down feeling like I’m squeaky the mouse. | 是不是因为我在内心里觉得自己很渺小 |
[18:04] | What makes you feel like that? | 你为什么会这样想 |
[18:05] | – You do. – How? | – 是因为你 – 怎么会 |
[18:07] | Just by being alive, you freak! | 你这个怪人 你的存在就会让我这样想 |
[18:10] | I’m a freak? | 我是个怪人 |
[18:11] | Look at you! | 看看你自己 |
[18:12] | Look at your freak face, and your freak hair. You make me sick! | 看着你的怪脸和怪头发真让我想吐 |
[18:17] | Hey, you think this is easy? | 你以为这容易吗 |
[18:19] | You think it’s easy being me every day? | 你以为每天要做我就容易吗 |
[18:20] | Shut up! | 闭嘴啦 |
[18:23] | Yeah, okay. | 嗯好 |
[18:24] | One dollar to look at the freak. | 看怪人的入场费是一美元 |
[18:27] | Oh, be quiet, flat butt. | 你这个扁屁股 闭嘴吧 |
[18:29] | What? | 你说什么 |
[18:32] | Really? I had no idea. | 是吗 我还真不知道呢 |
[18:39] | You got this? | 你搞得定吗 |
[18:41] | Yeah, the people elected me mayor | 嗯 人们选我当市长是因为 |
[18:42] | because they trust me with their issues. | 他们相信我能处理好他们的问题 |
[18:44] | You mean political issues? | 你是说政治问题吗 |
[18:45] | Nope. Don’t know anything about those. | 不是 那些东西我一窍不通 |
[18:49] | No, they trust me with their people issues, | 他们是相信我能解决他们的人际关系问题 |
[18:51] | which, it turns out everybody has, | 这种问题人人都会有 |
[18:53] | and they all seem to show up right about now. | 而且它们现在全部都浮现出来了 |
[18:58] | The enemy’s not each other, guys. | 孩子们 你们并不是彼此的敌人 |
[19:01] | You’re all going through the same thing. | 你们都要经历这个阶段 |
[19:04] | It’s part of growing up. | 这是成长的一部分 |
[19:05] | I’m a klutz. | 我是个木头人 |
[19:07] | I’m a pancake. | 我是个煎饼 |
[19:08] | – Squeak. – Freak. | – 我话太多 – 我是怪人 |
[19:10] | That’s why it hurts to sit. | 原来这就是我坐着会疼的原因啊 |
[19:16] | Well, what a bunch of weirdos we are. | 我们还真是一群怪胎呢 |
[19:24] | Guess I’m just gonna have to get used | 看来我这辈子 |
[19:25] | to going through life looking up at people, | 得习惯仰起头来看人 |
[19:27] | and people looking down at me. | 和别人低下头来看我啦 |
[19:29] | And I’m just going to sit here and never move. | 而我就坐在这里永远不动吧 |
[19:36] | I think it’s about going through life with the right attitude, girls. | 姑娘们 我觉得最重要的是以正确的态度来面对人生 |
[19:39] | I mean, I think we need to recognize people for who they are, | 我们要看到别人的内涵 |
[19:42] | not what they look like. | 不能以貌取人 |
[19:43] | Because it’s only our contribution to the world and to each other | 因为这是我们对给予我们真正形象的世界和他人 |
[19:45] | that gives us any real stature. | 做贡献的唯一方式 |
[19:47] | That’s easy for you to say. Everybody looks up to you. | 你说得倒容易 人人都把你当成榜样 |
[19:50] | Because you’re this brilliant, strong, Amazon warrior. | 你是个聪明强大的亚马孙女战士 |
[19:55] | Oh, really? | 真的是这样吗 |
[19:57] | Whoa, you’re a shrimp. | 哇 你还真矮啊 |
[19:58] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:59] | – You’ve always been like this? – Yeah. | – 你一直都是这样 – 没错 |
[20:01] | -You’re not just doing this for me? -No, Maya, this is me. | – 你不是为了我才变成这样的 – 不是 玛雅 这就是我 |
[20:03] | But, you’re the fiercest woman I know. | 可是你是我认识的女人中最厉害的呀 |
[20:05] | And so are you. | 你也一样 |
[20:08] | Honey, a couple of short stacks of pancakes like us can do just fine. | 宝贝 像我们这样的矮煎饼一样能做得很棒 |
[20:11] | And a Superklutz! | 木头人也一样 |
[20:16] | You feeling any better about yourself? | 你自我感觉好点了吗 |
[20:18] | Yeah. | 好点了 |
[20:20] | How about you, Riley? | 莱丽 你呢 |
[20:22] | Yeah, she’s unconscious. | 嗯 她晕了 |
[20:31] | – Maya? – Riles? | – 玛雅 – 莱丽 |
[20:32] | I think when there’s a whole world of people out there | 我觉得当外面世界的人们 |
[20:35] | who might say something about who you are | 对你的人格或者外表 |
[20:37] | or the way you look, | 说三道四的时候 |
[20:39] | it’s a real good idea to have friends who will defend you no matter what. | 有着一群无论如何都会支持你的朋友肯定是件好事 |
[20:43] | I’m that from now on. | 我以后就会是那样的朋友 |
[20:45] | Thank you, Riley. | 谢谢你 莱丽 |
[20:46] | You’re welcome, you fierce Amazon warrior. | 不用谢哈 凶狠的亚马孙战士 |
[20:50] | You know, if you just let me mess you up a little bit, | 我觉得如果你让我给你稍微捣鼓两下 |
[20:52] | I think you’d be a lot more relatable to people. | 你就会更像个普通人 |
[20:54] | Okay, go ahead. | 没问题 动手吧 |
[21:02] | Okay? | 行了吗 |
[21:03] | How did that make you better? | 怎么反而让你变得更帅了 |
[21:06] | Seriously, does it not hurt anyone else to sit? | 说真的 其他人坐着都不会疼吗 |
[21:11] | I owe you an apology, Eric. | 埃里克 我要跟你道歉 |
[21:13] | People who underestimate you are making a big mistake. | 低估你的人犯了个大错误 |
[21:16] | Cory was right to have faith in you. | 科瑞对你有信心是没错的 |
[21:18] | You really are a mature, normal human being. | 你真是个成熟正常的人 |
[21:21] | I am not! | 我才不是 |
[21:24] | Never mind. | 当我没说 |
[21:27] | Whoa, what’s that? | 呃 那是啥 |
[21:29] | That’s my Uncle Eric, | 那是我的伯伯埃里克 |
[21:31] | Mayor. | 是个市长 |
[21:33] | He’s great with the issues. | 他处理问题很有一手 |
[21:35] | The people in France are lucky to have you. | 法国的人民有你可真是幸运 |
[21:39] | Yeah, I gotta say, you did really well for us. | 我得说 你处理我们的问题处理得很好 |
[21:41] | Thank you, Mordecai. | 谢谢 莫迪凯 |
[21:44] | You really know how to talk to people. | 你真的知道该怎样跟别人沟通 |
[21:45] | Have you ever thought about taking over the world? | 你想过征服世界吗 |
[21:47] | World, you say? | 世界吗 |
[21:49] | Yeah, uh, fortunately, the world has protective mechanisms in place | 幸运的是 世界上存在着保护机制 |
[21:52] | that would never allow that to happen. | 好让这种事永远不会发生 |
[21:54] | Yes. Fortunately. | 嗯 真幸运呢 |
[22:03] | Scandal rocks Washington today, | 华盛顿今天爆出惊天大丑闻 |
[22:06] | as Jefferson Davis Graham, long-time senator from New York | 长期担任纽约市议员的杰佛逊·戴维斯·格雷厄姆 |
[22:09] | did something so incredibly stupid, | 做了件天大的傻事 |
[22:12] | his chance at re-election is, like, zero. | 他重新当选的机会差不多等于零 |
[22:17] | Unless they can somehow pull an even bigger blockhead out of the woods | 除非他们能找到个更大的傻瓜来 |
[22:20] | to run against him. | 跟他竞选 |
[22:21] | But, even in American politics, that could never happen. | 不过就算在美国的政坛 这也不太可能发生 |
[22:26] | We’ll be back after this with sports and weather. | 稍后回来是体育消息和天气预报 |
[22:28] | Face it, we’re finished. | 面对现实吧 我们玩完了 |
[22:30] | There isn’t a guy in the universe | 现在全宇宙也找不出一个 |
[22:31] | couldn’t beat our candidate right now. | 能败给我们候选人的人了 |
[22:33] | Too good. Winner. | 太帅了 一看就能赢 |
[22:35] | Oh, he beats us. She beats us. | 肯定赢我们 她也能赢我们 |
[22:38] | Whoa! | 等一下 |
[22:40] | Lookie here, Chester. | 切斯特 看这个 |
[22:44] | You’re welcome, America. | 谢谢你 美国 |