时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | They’re so cute together! | 他们俩真有爱 |
[00:10] | We’re cute together, Riley. | 莱丽 我们两个也很有爱啊 |
[00:19] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[00:23] | Why do they shove cake and we don’t shove cake? | 为什么他们能互喂蛋糕而我们不能 |
[00:25] | Riley? Is it over between us? | 莱丽 我们之间还有戏吗 |
[00:30] | It’s not me, dad. It’s you. | 这不怪我 怪你 爸爸 |
[00:33] | Okay! Evening over! | 得了 各回各家去 |
[00:35] | Hey! | 哎 |
[00:36] | Did you girls do your homework? | 你们两个作业写完了吗 |
[00:37] | I did excellent work. | 我写得可认真了 |
[00:38] | I also did excellent work. | 我也写得可认真了 |
[00:40] | One of us is completely lying. | 咱俩中有一个在睁眼说瞎话呢 |
[00:42] | -Can you guess who? -Give them a hint. | -猜猜是谁 -给他们提示一下 |
[00:43] | -Do you guys need a hint? -No. | -你们要听提示吗 -用不着了 |
[00:47] | They really get along together, huh? | 她们相处得还真好 对不 |
[00:49] | Yeah. The sound of my daughter’s laughter | 对啊 我女儿的欢笑声 |
[00:50] | has always been my favorite song. | 一直是我最喜欢的乐曲 |
[00:53] | You and I have the same taste in music. | 我们对音乐的品味还真像 |
[00:55] | You know, a little discipline isn’t a bad thing, Maya. | 告诉你 玛雅 做人还是自律点比较好 |
[00:58] | Oh, thanks, Mr. Matthews. I’ll ponder on that. | 谢谢了 马修斯先生 我会考虑的 |
[01:06] | I’m sorry, what? | 对不起 你什么意思 |
[01:11] | Yeah. Just because you do the same weird gesture twice | 听着 你再这么晃悠多少次 |
[01:14] | doesn’t mean I get it. | 我也不知道你啥意思 |
[01:15] | You know, this is usually the part of the evening | 你知道吗 大晚上一般是父亲 |
[01:19] | when people give out fatherly advice. | 给孩子一点人生经验的时候 |
[01:21] | Oh! No! | 哎哟 可不行 |
[01:24] | No, it’s not my place. | 我可没这资格 |
[01:27] | Go ahead. What advice you got for me? I can take it. | 来吧 你有什么人生经验啊 我会好好听的 |
[01:29] | Oh, come on! We were having such a good evening. | 拜托 我们晚上玩得这么开心 |
[01:31] | Can’t we just leave it at that? | 就不能好好享受吗 |
[01:32] | What’s the matter? | 你到底咋了 |
[01:35] | -Boom! -Oh! | -砰 -哎呀 |
[01:37] | You don’t think I can take it? | 你觉得我听不下去吗 |
[01:38] | Go ahead. Ping! Go ahead. Pong! | 来啊 乒 来啊 乓 |
[01:43] | Come on! Let’s do this! | 快点啊 快教我啊 |
[01:45] | Tell me to do my homework. | 叫我去写作业啊 |
[01:47] | Maybe I will just do it. | 说不定我真会写呢 |
[01:48] | You don’t even know it. Come on! Let’s do this. | 你肯定猜不着 来啊 快来教我啊 |
[01:52] | Why don’t you ever do something all cute like that? | 为什么我们就不能像他们这么萌呢 |
[01:54] | Okay! Pow! | 行 嘭 |
[01:57] | Come on. You got something for me? Out with it. I dare you. | 来啊 有什么要教我的 有种就快说啊 |
[02:00] | No. No, no. I have this wonderful instinct for too far. | 别别别 我有一种不祥的预感 |
[02:04] | And we have arrived. | 千万别毁气氛 |
[02:05] | There is nothing he could say that would bother me. | 不管他说什么都不会伤到我的 |
[02:07] | It’s not going to happen. | 这是不可能的 |
[02:11] | Oh, right, right. Because chicken noises | 行了 行了 我这个大男人 |
[02:15] | work on a grown man. | 怎么会被鸡叫声激将 |
[02:18] | Cluck! Cluck! | 咯咯 咯咯 |
[02:21] | I’m a chicken! Cluck! | 我是一只鸡 咯咯 |
[02:25] | All right. You want one piece of fatherly advice? | 行 你非得让我教你点什么对吧 |
[02:28] | And here comes the end of everything. | 这下可好 气氛得完蛋了 |
[02:29] | Sure, give it your best shot. | 行啊 拿出你最好的状态 |
[02:31] | Oh, how bad could it be? | 能糟到哪儿去呢 |
[02:32] | I think you should dress differently. | 我觉得你应该穿点别的 |
[02:38] | What did you just say to me? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[02:40] | Oh. You see… | 呃 你看 |
[02:44] | You asked me for advice. I told you… but you pushed. | 刚刚你让我给你点建议 我也跟你说了 你逼我逼得太狠了 |
[02:48] | Are you crying? I made you cry? | 你怎么哭开了 我怎么把你说哭了 |
[02:52] | Maya, you asked me for advice | 玛雅 你让我给你点建议 |
[02:55] | and I just told you how I was feeling. | 我也跟你讲了我的想法 |
[02:57] | Why are you crying? | 你哭啥啊 |
[02:58] | Because no one’s ever cared enough to say that to me. | 因为从来没人关心过我的着装 |
[03:09] | Well, now I would take exception to that, | 我要表达一下反对意见 |
[03:12] | but wow, I like where this is going. | 呃好吧 这还真温馨啊 |
[03:17] | Make it stop. | 让她别哭了 |
[03:19] | Can we make it stop? | 能让她别哭了吗 |
[03:20] | How do I make it stop? | 怎么让她不哭啊 |
[03:25] | How ’bout I buy you some new clothes? | 我给你买新衣服怎么样 |
[03:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:36] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[03:37] | Maybe we should be more like them. | 我们俩要是像他们一样该多好啊 |
[03:41] | Now you say I get new clothes. | 现在快答应给我买新衣服 |
[03:45] | You had your chance, Riley. | 刚才跟你说了你不听 莱丽 |
[03:57] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[04:01] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[04:05] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[04:09] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[04:13] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[04:18] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[04:22] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[04:26] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[04:29] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[04:34] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[04:37] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[04:41] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[04:50] | Sit down, Shawnie! Relax yourself. | 来坐坐吧 肖仔 放松放松多好 |
[04:53] | Tryin’ on clothes is all day. | 试衣服得花上一整天呢 |
[04:56] | No, I’m just here to buy a kid an outfit. | 不用了 我只是来这儿给孩子买件衣服 |
[04:57] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:00] | Not gonna change you at all | 当她从帘子后面走出来 |
[05:02] | when she steps out from behind that curtain, | 脸上带着洋溢的笑容说 |
[05:04] | with a look on her face that says, | “爸爸 我穿上这件很漂亮吗”的时候 |
[05:05] | “Do you think this makes me look beautiful, dad?” | 你可不指望自己站在这儿气喘吁吁的 |
[05:07] | I’m not going to sit in one of these daddy chairs | 我可不会坐这种爸爸椅 |
[05:09] | and wait for a kid to spend my money. | 等小孩子花我的钱 |
[05:11] | I know! Sit in the chair, Shawn. | 我知道 肖恩 你给我来坐下 |
[05:13] | I am never going to sit in that chair! | 我可不会坐在这种椅子上的 |
[05:17] | Gentlemen, may I now present | 先生们 下面有请 |
[05:19] | the new and definitely improved Miss Maya Hart. | 焕然一新的玛雅·哈特小姐 |
[05:24] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. Come on out. Let’s see what you put together. | 行 行 行 快出来让我们看看吧 |
[05:38] | I know. | 我懂了 |
[05:41] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[05:46] | Wow. Look at you. | 天啊 你真漂亮 |
[05:50] | Yeah. This might be my favorite day ever. | 今天估摸着就是我最喜欢的一天了 |
[05:55] | Shawn, you really don’t have to do this. | 肖恩 你真用不着这样 |
[05:58] | I want to. I want to be responsible for this, if you’ll let me. | 我想帮你 如果你允许的话 我想对你负责 |
[06:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:03] | No one’s ever done anything like this for me before. | 从来没别人对我像你这么好 |
[06:05] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[06:07] | Now, pick something else out | 现在去找点别的衣服 |
[06:10] | and go back into the dressing | 再回更衣室换上 |
[06:11] | room and be happy and come out with that face on. | 再这么笑着出来吧 |
[06:15] | You’ll be okay? | 你不会有事吧 |
[06:17] | Oh, I’m fine. I– I have this chair. | 我很好啊 我 我有椅子坐 |
[06:24] | -No! -But my face! | -不行 -看我笑得多开心 |
[06:26] | -No! -But I love you. | -不行 -我爱你啊 |
[06:27] | No! | 不行 |
[06:29] | I’ll teach you that next. | 以后教你这招 |
[06:32] | I went shopping for girls clothes and had a good time. | 我去给小姑娘们买衣服 居然还很开心 |
[06:37] | What is happening to me? | 我到底怎么了啊 |
[06:40] | -What do you think? -Wow! New look, Maya. You look great. | -你觉得怎么样 -哇 玛雅 新衣服新气象啊 你真漂亮 |
[06:45] | You look beautiful, baby girl. | 宝贝女儿 你看起来美极了 |
[06:46] | Thanks, mom. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[06:48] | Can I have your t-shirt with the big tongue? | 我能把你那件大舌头的短袖拿走么 |
[06:49] | I like that big tongue. Blah! | 我喜欢大舌头 |
[06:56] | -Cory! -No! It’s not hers. I got her nothin’! | -科瑞 -别 这都不是莱丽的 我什么都没买 |
[07:00] | Shawn! That’s all for Maya? It’s too much. | 肖恩 怎么给玛雅买这么多衣服 |
[07:04] | Katy, why do you work so hard? | 凯蒂 你工作这么努力是为了什么 |
[07:05] | To keep the lights on, Shawn. | 我要养家糊口啊 肖恩 |
[07:07] | Katy, why do you work so hard? | 凯蒂 你工作这么努力是为了什么 |
[07:09] | Because I have a daughter to take care of. | 因为我要照顾好我的女儿 |
[07:12] | There you go. And I just have me. | 这不就得了 我一个人生活 |
[07:14] | I travel light. I just need a cup of coffee and a sandwich, | 我生活很简单 一杯咖啡一个三明治就够了 |
[07:17] | ’cause of that I’ve been able to put a little money away. | 就因为这样 我才能剩下点钱 |
[07:19] | How much money? | 多少钱 |
[07:21] | That much right there. | 能买那么多衣服的钱 |
[07:24] | And now it’s all gone. | 现在全花掉了 |
[07:26] | I like taking care of somebody besides me. | 我喜欢照顾身边的人 |
[07:33] | Maya adores you. | 玛雅可崇拜你了 |
[07:35] | And the deeper that this gets, | 她越崇拜你 |
[07:36] | the more it’s going to crush her when– | 到那个时候她就会越伤心的 |
[07:38] | “When” What? | 什么时候 |
[07:39] | Her legs get cut out from under her. | 她不能自己养活自己的时候 |
[07:41] | Katy. Can we just have a good day? | 凯蒂 就不能好好活在当下吗 |
[07:45] | You keep the lights on. Right? | 你把家维持好 对吧 |
[07:46] | And I dress the kid up a little bit. | 我再给孩子买点新衣服 |
[07:48] | Can’t we just look at her and smile? | 就不能看着她多笑笑吗 |
[07:52] | Yeah. I guess we can. | 行吧 这还是可以的 |
[07:55] | -We good? -We’re good. | -我们俩没事了 -没事了 |
[07:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:01] | Yeah, you didn’t tell him that | 你是不是跟他说 |
[08:03] | keeping the lights on isn’t quite as glamorous | 养家糊口比不上 |
[08:05] | for your daughter as a whole new wardrobe, did you? | 帮你女儿把衣服都换掉更有魅力 |
[08:08] | He did a kind thing. | 他做了件好事 |
[08:09] | I stopped hoping for any glory long ago. | 我早就不再奢望自己能做出什么功绩了 |
[08:13] | Hey. You. Who’s your mama? | 嘿 你 你妈是谁 |
[08:15] | That pretty blond lady. | 那个漂亮的金发女郎 |
[08:18] | She does all the heavy lifting. | 她为你干尽了脏活累活 |
[08:20] | I got to do something fun. | 我就得为你们找点乐子 |
[08:22] | So this stuff comes from me and her. | 所以这可是我们两人的心意 |
[08:26] | Don’t ever forget that. | 你可别忘了 |
[08:27] | I won’t. Thanks, mom. | 我不会忘的 谢谢 妈妈 |
[08:38] | – What’s this for? – Nothing. | – 这是什么意思 – 没什么 |
[08:41] | Everything. | 为了一切 |
[08:46] | You know, Maya, you can borrow any of my clothes whenever you want. | 知道吗 玛雅 你随时都可以来借我的衣服穿 |
[08:51] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:53] | You can never touch any of this stuff. | 但你可别打我这些东西的主意啊 |
[09:01] | It isn’t about the clothes, you know? | 我不是说衣服的事 懂吗 |
[09:04] | It’s that someone wanted to do this for me. | 我是说 竟然会有人愿意为我做这种事 |
[09:07] | Of course it isn’t about the clothes. It’s about you. | 这当然跟衣服无关了 这跟你有关 |
[09:13] | – Love it! – Look at me. | – 爱死了 – 看看我 |
[09:15] | Yay! | 耶 |
[09:18] | – I need to tell you something. – Anything. | – 我得跟你说件事 – 什么事都行 |
[09:20] | – And I don’t want you to react. – I won’t. | – 不要太激动啊 – 我不会的 |
[09:21] | Because if you react too big, you’re going to jinx it. | 因为如果你过于激动的话 就会把这事给搞砸了 |
[09:24] | Please don’t jinx it. | 拜托别把这事给搞砸 |
[09:27] | – Love it! – I know! | – 爱死了 – 就是嘛 |
[09:30] | Yay! | 耶 |
[09:34] | I think there’s a chance I might’ve been living life all wrong. | 我觉得我以前的生活方式好像都是错的 |
[09:37] | And I think, maybe you’ve been right. | 而且我觉得 也许你一直都是对的 |
[09:39] | I like when I’m right. What am I right about? | 我喜欢我是对的 我做对了什么事 |
[09:41] | Don’t get all excited, okay? | 别过于激动 好吗 |
[09:43] | I promise to not be excited! | 我保证我不会激动的 |
[09:47] | I used to think hope was for suckers. | 我本来还以为希望是傻瓜才会有的东西 |
[09:51] | Love it! | 爱死了 |
[09:52] | This is me now! | 这就是现在的我了 |
[09:54] | Yay! | 耶 |
[09:57] | But maybe if you don’t hope for too much, | 但如果你不抱过多的希望 |
[09:59] | but let yourself hope for one thing, | 而只是对一件事充满希望的话 |
[10:01] | it might actually happen. | 这希望没准就会成真 |
[10:04] | Today was a real good day. | 今天真是美好的一天 |
[10:05] | I’m going to hope for one more and we’ll see what comes. | 我希望明天也会这么美好 然后看看明天会咋样吧 |
[10:09] | Please don’t get excited and jinx it. | 拜托你别激动 然后把这件事给搞砸了 |
[10:19] | Okay, let it out. | 好吧 还是发泄出来吧 |
[10:20] | Love it! | 爱死了 |
[10:21] | – Me, too! – Yay! | – 我也喜欢 – 耶 |
[10:24] | – No! – Okay! | – 别碰 – 好吧 |
[10:31] | It came out of nowhere. | 人们完全没有预料到 |
[10:32] | The winds were blowing at 175 Miles an hour. | 飓风正在以每小时一百七十五英里的风速移动 |
[10:35] | A “category five” hurricane. | 这可是一个五级飓风 |
[10:37] | There is no category six. | 没有比这更强的飓风了 |
[10:40] | Who knows what a levee is? Riley. | 谁知道什么是堤岸 莱丽 |
[10:42] | It’s like a hill or a dam that’s supposed to keep water out. | 堤岸是用来阻挡雨水的山丘或大堤 |
[10:45] | “Supposed to.” So, we build these protections to keep out the elements, | 按理说是这样 我们为了阻挡洪水才建造了这些屏障 |
[10:49] | but sometimes the storm is stronger than we are. | 但有时风暴比我们更强大 |
[10:53] | Who knows anything about new Orleans geography? | 谁知道新奥尔良的地理情况 |
[10:55] | – Farkle. – It’s below sea level. | – 法尔科 – 海拔高度为负 |
[10:57] | So where does the floodwater go? | 那么洪水会往哪儿去呢 |
[10:59] | Down. Right into the city. | 冲下去 直冲到城里 |
[11:00] | And what’s the result? | 那结果是什么呢 |
[11:03] | – Lucas. – Parish after parish was destroyed. | – 卢卡斯 – 一个区接一个区地被摧毁 |
[11:06] | People lost their homes. People lost everything. | 人们失去了他们家园 失去了一切 |
[11:10] | Lucas went there from Texas to help out. | 卢卡斯当时从德州到那里去帮忙 |
[11:12] | – I told you that? – Nope. | – 我告诉过你吗 – 没有 |
[11:15] | You know, when it ended, there were jazz bands playing on the street. | 知道吗 那场飓风后 还有爵士乐队在街上表演呢 |
[11:18] | Other people came out of what was left of their houses to dance. | 其他人也从他们的房子的残垣中走出来跟着跳舞 |
[11:22] | You know what they do in new Orleans? | 你知道他们在新奥尔良都干什么吗 |
[11:24] | They have hurricane barbecues. Hurricane picnics. | 他们都在举办飓风烧烤 飓风野餐 |
[11:28] | Their city drowned but they still celebrated each other. | 他们的城市被淹没了 但他们还为彼此而庆祝 |
[11:31] | Thank you, Lucas. | 谢谢 卢卡斯 |
[11:34] | So, their homes are gone. | 他们的家园都被毁了 |
[11:37] | They have no power. | 他们没有任何电力 |
[11:38] | And they live in a city where even geography tells them | 而且他们住在一个连地理位置都在告诉他们 |
[11:41] | it’s a sucker’s bet to stay. | 只有笨蛋才会住在那里的城市里 |
[11:43] | What do they do? | 他们在那里干什么呢 |
[11:46] | – Maya, raise your hand. – I don’t know the answer. | – 玛雅 举手啊 – 我不知道该怎么回答 |
[11:49] | Stop hiding out in my class, Maya. | 别在我的课上一言不发了 玛雅 |
[11:51] | You know the answer. What did they do? | 你明明知道答案的 他们干什么了 |
[11:54] | They stayed and believed things would get better. | 他们还是留了下来 相信一切都会有所好转 |
[11:58] | And they did. They got better. | 结果希望成真了 事情真的有所好转了 |
[12:01] | How come? | 为什么呢 |
[12:02] | Because they had hope. | 因为他们心怀希望 |
[12:05] | New Orleans is one of my favorite cities in the world. | 新奥尔良是世界上我最喜欢的城市之一 |
[12:09] | Even in devastation, they didn’t miss a mardi gras. | 即使在他们绝望的时候 他们还是要过狂欢节 |
[12:14] | The clothes look nice, Maya. | 衣服真好看 玛雅 |
[12:16] | But it’s the hope that looks great on you. | 但真正让你出彩的是衣服里面所有的希望 |
[12:26] | Thanks for coming. | 真感谢你能来 |
[12:27] | You need to stop being nice to me. | 你别再对我这么好了好么 |
[12:30] | – You need therapy. – No kidding. | – 你需要去看心理医生 – 确实 |
[12:34] | Listen, I love the way you are with Maya | 听着 你和玛雅能够友好相处我很高兴 |
[12:37] | and I believe you may even be sincere, | 我也相信你这么做可能真是发自内心的 |
[12:39] | but there’s no need to be nice to me. | 但你根本不需要对我这么好 |
[12:42] | I don’t think you and I have ever even had a normal conversation. | 我觉得咱们俩还没有好好地聊过一次天呢 |
[12:45] | When Kermit left me, I– | 当科密特离开我的时候 我 |
[12:48] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:49] | I’m sorry. I just didn’t– | 真是抱歉 我只是没有 |
[12:52] | I never pictured your ex-husband as a “Kermit”. | 我只是没法想象你的前夫竟然叫“科密特” |
[12:56] | When Kermit left me– | 当科密特离开我的时候 |
[12:58] | – I’m not even sorry. – Mm-hmm. | – 真是不好意思 – 就是啊 |
[13:00] | – When he left– – who? When who left? Who? | – 当他离开的时候 – 谁 当谁离开的时候 谁啊 |
[13:07] | I decided to shut that part of me off. | 我打算不要再去想这件事了 |
[13:10] | You know, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, | 知道吗 骗我一次 该羞愧的是你 骗我两次 |
[13:13] | – shame on– – me? | – 该羞愧的是 – 我吗 |
[13:14] | Shame on me? Why? | 该羞愧的是我 为什么啊 |
[13:16] | Katy, I have no idea where this conversation’s coming from. | 凯蒂 我根本不清楚我们为什么要聊这件事 |
[13:18] | You’re confusing your affection for Maya with affection for me | 你把你对玛雅的喜爱跟你对我的喜爱给混淆了 |
[13:22] | and you don’t need to do that. | 你根本不需要这么做 |
[13:23] | Wait. When did I affection you? | 等一下 我怎么就喜欢你了 |
[13:25] | You put your arm around me! | 你把你的胳膊搂在了我肩膀上啊 |
[13:27] | Oh. Katy. Come on. | 哦 凯蒂 拜托 |
[13:29] | Sometimes an arm around somebody is just an arm around somebody. | 有时候用胳膊搂着别人肩膀并没有什么特殊含义 |
[13:41] | What is that? I mean– | 这是什么情况 我是说 |
[13:43] | – What are you doing? – What are you doing? | – 你在干什么呢 – 那你在干什么呢 |
[13:54] | Kermit? | 科密特 |
[13:56] | – Topanga? – We’re even. | – 托庞嘉 – 咱俩扯平了 |
[13:59] | Seems like it’s going pretty good in there. | 看来里面两人发展得还不错嘛 |
[14:02] | I’m hoping. | 希望如此 |
[14:05] | I know what things mean. | 我知道这都是什么意思 |
[14:06] | I’m a woman and I have instincts. | 我可是个女人 有自己的直觉 |
[14:09] | And your charity does not extend to me, | 你这片好心对我来说可不管用 |
[14:12] | so you don’t need to ask me on a date– | 所以你不用想着要约我出去 |
[14:13] | wait a minute. Are you asking me out on a date? | 等一下 你这是想跟我约会吗 |
[14:16] | No! | 才没有呢 |
[14:17] | Katy, you seem mad at me for no reason. | 凯蒂 你无缘无故地就开始生我的气了 |
[14:19] | Do you think there’s a chance | 你觉得有没有可能 |
[14:21] | that you’re actually mad at somebody else who’s not me? | 你是在生别人的气 而不是我的气呢 |
[14:24] | I didn’t view my marriage as disposable. | 我的婚姻生活可不是想忘掉就能忘掉的 |
[14:28] | I was all in. | 我可是全心全意爱着他的 |
[14:30] | I said those things to him in front of God and I meant it. | 我在上帝面前跟他发了誓 我可是真心真意的 |
[14:33] | Yeah. I get it. | 好吧 我了解你的心情 |
[14:36] | I thought my first real girlfriend was going to be the one forever. | 我还以为我的初恋女友会永远跟我在一起呢 |
[14:38] | I wanted… I wanted Angela– | 我想 我想要安吉拉 |
[14:40] | Angela? | 安吉拉 |
[14:42] | What kind of name– | 这什么名字 |
[14:44] | no, Angela’s a fine name. | 不 安吉拉是个很优雅的名字 |
[14:46] | It’s my mother’s name, actually. | 其实呢 这是我母亲的名字 |
[14:49] | Yeah. I wanted us to be some version of Cory and Topanga. | 对呀 我一直希望咱们能像科瑞和托庞嘉那样幸福美满 |
[14:53] | But you know, there’s only one of those. | 但话说回来 不可能人人都那么幸福 |
[14:55] | Katy, relationships end. | 凯蒂 感情是会结束的 |
[14:57] | Sometimes out of nowhere, on a sunny day. | 有时在艳阳高照的一天就结束了 |
[14:59] | But you pick yourself up, and you rebuild. | 但你会重拾信心 继续铸造感情 |
[15:04] | And you don’t look back. | 而且你不会去回忆那些往事 |
[15:07] | – Knock! Knock! – Who’s there? | – 咚咚 – 是谁啊 |
[15:10] | The only person who could change your life | 唯一能够让你的人生 |
[15:11] | from things are going pretty good right now to…! | 从“都还不错”再升一级的人 |
[15:15] | The only person who could change my life from things are going pretty good right now to– | 有一个能让我的人生从“都还不错”再升一级的人 |
[15:17] | –who? | 谁 |
[15:23] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[15:26] | Angela. | 安吉拉 |
[15:33] | Boy. Look at you. You’re here. | 天哪 看看你 你来了 |
[15:37] | I need to talk to you. | 我得和你聊聊 |
[15:47] | Awkward. | 好尴尬 |
[15:50] | I now pronounce you awkward. | 我宣布你们尴尬 |
[15:55] | Hey! Remember in high school and he found your purse? | 记不记得在高中他找到了你的钱包 |
[15:58] | Remember he got handcuffed in the boathouse? | 你记得他在船库里手被拷起来了么 |
[16:00] | That was a good one. | 美好时光啊 |
[16:02] | Remember you and him for a while then you went away? | 记得你俩在一起然后你抛弃他了吗 |
[16:04] | Let me show you what that looked like. | 我告诉你那是什么感觉吧 |
[16:08] | Well, he’s calmed down. | 好吧 他还挺淡定的啊 |
[16:16] | Hi, Angela. I’m Katy. | 嗨 安吉拉 我是凯蒂 |
[16:18] | Shawn speaks highly of you. | 肖恩经常提起你 |
[16:20] | Well, I think highly of him. | 是啊 他对我很重要 |
[16:22] | You know what? So do I. | 你知道吗 他对我也是 |
[16:26] | Well, I’m going to leave you two alone. | 这样吧 你们两个单独聊吧 |
[16:40] | I really missed you. | 我很想你 |
[16:41] | Yeah? You’ve got a funny way of letting someone know. | 是吗 那你的表达方式可有点奇怪啊 |
[16:45] | She seems nice. She’s very pretty. | 她看上去人很好啊 很漂亮 |
[16:48] | -I’m sorry, Maya. -For what? | – 对不起 玛雅 – 怎么了 |
[16:51] | It’s my fault. You hope for things and you get smashed. | 是我的错 你有了希望然后又被粉碎 |
[16:55] | You’re right. I’m wrong. I’m sorry. | 你是对的 我错了 对不起 |
[16:57] | Everything will turn out the way it should. | 发生的一切都有自己的道理 |
[17:00] | How can you say that? That’s Angela. She’s going to take him away. | 你怎么能这么说 那可是安吉拉 她会把他抢走的 |
[17:04] | -I’m not giving up hope yet. -Why not? | – 我还没有放弃希望 – 为什么 |
[17:06] | I just got it. | 我就是没有 |
[17:16] | Hello! | 你好啊 |
[17:23] | Well, did you hear my dad died? | 你听说了吗 我父亲过世了 |
[17:25] | Oh, no, Angela. I’m so sorry. | 哦 没有 安吉拉 真是抱歉 |
[17:28] | A military man. A war hero and he dies fishing. | 一个军人 战争中的英雄 却在钓鱼的时候死了 |
[17:33] | -I liked him. -Oh, he liked you. | – 我很喜欢他 – 他也喜欢你 |
[17:37] | Bye! | 拜拜 |
[17:41] | You know I think about him every day. | 我每天都在想他 |
[17:43] | Hey! Do you still have that thing | 对了 你还有没有那种感觉 |
[17:45] | where you can feel your dad standing right next to you? | 感觉你父亲就站在你身边 |
[17:49] | I do. | 有 |
[17:50] | Yeah, he was barely there for me when he was alive, | 他生前很少有时间陪我 |
[17:53] | but now that he’s gone, I can absolutely depend on him | 但是现在他走了 我却觉得 |
[17:57] | to show up at the most important times of my life. | 在我人生重要的时刻 他都会出现 |
[18:01] | Angela. Why are you here? | 安吉拉 你为什么来找我 |
[18:03] | I need someone to talk to. | 我需要找人聊聊 |
[18:05] | -It can only be you. How about that? -Okay. | – 这个人只能是你 这个理由够不够 – 好吧 |
[18:08] | What do you call this? | 现在这是什么情况 |
[18:11] | Well, we’ve got a storm going on, | 暴风雨来了 |
[18:13] | so a hurricane picnic. | 所以就在暴风雨中野餐吧 |
[18:25] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[18:27] | I’m married now. | 我结婚了 |
[18:30] | Yay! | 耶 |
[18:33] | How long have you been married? | 你结婚多久了 |
[18:34] | Four years. He’s a military man. | 四年了 他是个军人 |
[18:36] | Why did you leave me? | 你当初为什么要离开我 |
[18:38] | I wasn’t ready. | 我还没有准备好 |
[18:39] | And then you were? | 然后你就准备好了 |
[18:41] | Well, life goes on, Shawn. | 生活在继续 肖恩 |
[18:42] | You know, I think life puts people in front of us, | 你知道吗 我觉得有时生活会把对的人放在我们面前 |
[18:45] | so that we can be prepared for what comes next. | 以此让我们对未来有所准备 |
[18:48] | I was ready because of you. | 我能准备好都是因为你 |
[18:50] | I hope life knows what it’s doing. | 但愿生活知道它在做什么吧 |
[18:59] | Why did you come see me? | 你到底为什么来找我 |
[19:00] | Okay. My husband wants to have children. | 我丈夫想要孩子 |
[19:05] | And you know that I’ve always been scared of being somebody’s mother | 你知道 我一直很害怕做母亲 |
[19:10] | because my own mother left. | 因为我母亲离开了我 |
[19:12] | Yeah, we were both broken that way. | 是啊 我们都有类似的经历 |
[19:14] | Yeah, now he’s trying to convince me that I’d be a good one | 现在他想说服我 说我会成为一个好母亲 |
[19:18] | and I need somebody who understands me to tell me if that could be true. | 我需要一个了解我的人告诉我 他说的是真的吗 |
[19:25] | I mean, I can’t talk to my father. | 我是说 我父亲不在了 |
[19:27] | He doesn’t just show up for me like yours does. | 他不会像你的父亲一样出现在你身边 |
[19:30] | You’re the only one I can trust with this. | 我能相信的人只有你 |
[19:33] | Have kids, Angela. | 要孩子吧 安吉拉 |
[19:37] | Put more of you in the world. | 让这个世界再多一点你的血脉 |
[19:39] | And then sit in a chair and watch them. | 然后坐在椅子上看着他们 |
[19:44] | You’d be amazed. | 你会爱上那种感觉的 |
[19:47] | We’re here to make somebody else happy. | 我们之所以在此 是要让别人幸福的 |
[19:50] | Thank you, Shawn. | 谢谢你 肖恩 |
[19:52] | I knew I could count on you to tell me what’s right. | 我知道我可以相信你 你总是会告诉我如何做正确的选择 |
[19:55] | Hey, can I tell you something right? | 嘿 我也给你个建议吧 |
[19:56] | I wish somebody would. | 好啊 我正想呢 |
[20:03] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[20:04] | It’s Maya. | 玛雅 |
[20:06] | She has not taken her eyes off you since I walked in. | 自从我进来 她的眼睛就没离开过你 |
[20:10] | Yeah. She’s somebody I’ve grown very fond of. | 是啊 我也越来越喜欢她了 |
[20:14] | And that’s her mother? | 那是她妈妈 |
[20:19] | Katy, yeah. That’s her mom. | 凯蒂 是啊 是她妈妈 |
[20:21] | Mmm. Is she the one? | 嗯 就是她了吗 |
[20:24] | What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[20:25] | -Is she the one, Shawn? -No. | – 她是你的真命天女吗 肖恩 – 不 |
[20:28] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[20:30] | I don’t know her enough to know anything. | 我对她还不够了解 |
[20:33] | Well, let me tell you what’s right. | 我来告诉你吧 |
[20:36] | Let what we had make you ready for something. | 我们曾经的经历会让你有所准备的 |
[20:45] | Life knows what it’s doing. | 生活了解自己的所作所为 |
[21:10] | What’s this for? | 这是为了什么 |
[21:13] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[21:14] | Everything. | 为了一切 |
[21:19] | I think we’re cute together. | 我觉得咱们在一起很萌的 |
[21:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:30] | How’s it going in there, super spy? | 小间谍 里面怎么样了 |
[21:33] | It’s bad, man. I think she’s up to about a million dollars. | 不太好啊 我觉得她是准备花掉一大笔钱了 |
[21:41] | I don’t really like any of it. | 我一点都不喜欢 |
[21:43] | Who’s better than you? | 你的品味最棒了 |
[21:47] | -Hey, can I buy you an outfit? -He’s really good at it. | – 嗨 我给你买件衣服怎么样 – 他很擅长这个哦 |
[21:50] | No, no, you can’t buy me anything. | 不不不 我怎么能要你给我买东西呢 |
[21:52] | We hardly know each other. | 咱们互相都不了解 |
[21:54] | Are you asking me out on a date? | 你这是在约我吗 |
[21:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:00] | Wait. What? Seriously? | 等等 什么 你认真的 |
[22:03] | Right here in front of everybody? | 在这儿 在所有人面前 |
[22:07] | Sure. | 没错 |
[22:08] | It would be real bad for me if you said no. | 如果你拒绝的话 我真的不知道该怎么办了 |
[22:12] | -Uncle Shawn? -Yeah? | – 肖恩叔叔 – 嗯 |
[22:14] | This is, like, a real important moment in your life. | 这可是你人生中很重要的一个时刻 |
[22:20] | Yeah, I think it is. | 是啊 的确 |
[22:21] | How’re you gonna handle this, ace? | 你打算怎么办呢 |
[22:25] | I’ll tell you how you’re gonna handle it, son. | 我告诉你该怎么办吧 儿子 |
[22:29] | You take a look at that tough little girl’s face. | 你看看那个坚强的小女孩 看看她 |
[22:34] | You know what she’s doin’? | 你知道她在干什么吗 |
[22:37] | She’s letting her guard down just enough to let you know she cares about you. | 她对你敞开了心扉 让你知道她在乎你 |
[22:40] | So, how you’re gonna handle that is, | 所以 你该怎么做 |
[22:42] | you gotta decide right now what that means to you. | 你现在就要决定这对你意味着什么 |
[22:48] | And then take a look at her screwball mother. | 然后再看看她有点神经的老妈 |
[22:54] | Do yourself a favor and notice how she might be wonderful, too. | 你会发现她可能也很棒 这都是为你自己好 |
[23:00] | You gonna leave me hangin’ or what? | 你要把我晾在这儿还是怎么 |
[23:02] | And finally, | 最后 |
[23:05] | trust me, | 相信我 |
[23:07] | take a look at the expression on them two faces. | 看一眼那两张脸上的表情 |
[23:10] | You know what that is? | 知道那叫什么吗 |
[23:12] | Hope. | 希望 |
[23:14] | Funny thing is, they could use just about | 有意思的是 |
[23:16] | exactly as much of it as you can. | 你需要的希望和她们差不多一样多呢 |
[23:20] | Shawn. | 肖恩 |
[23:21] | If that little girl can let her guard down, | 如果那个小女孩都对你敞开了心扉 |
[23:25] | why can’t you? | 你为什么不能 |
[23:37] | Maya? Would it be okay with you if I– | 玛雅 我可不可以 |
[23:41] | okay. Let it out. | 好吧 喊出来吧 |
[23:42] | Yay! | 耶 |
[23:50] | Katy, I– I would love to go on a date with you. | 凯蒂 我很愿意和你约会 |
[23:53] | Thanks for asking. | 谢谢你约我 |
[23:58] | That’s my boy. | 真是我的好儿子 |