时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | – Where’s Garaboski? – Uh-oh. | -盖拉波斯基呢 -不妙 |
[00:12] | – Did we do it? – Did we finally break him? | -我们做到了吗 -终于把他整崩溃了吗 |
[00:13] | You broke him. | 你们把他整崩溃了 |
[00:16] | Quiet! Mr. Garaboski retired yesterday. | 安静 盖拉波斯基老师昨天退休了 |
[00:20] | Quiet! The guy survives Vietnam and Mrs. Garaboski, | 安静 他过了越南战争和盖拉波斯基夫人这两道坎 |
[00:23] | and he can’t get past you. | 却栽在你们手上 |
[00:28] | Now, he left a letter here that expressed his feelings. | 他留了封吐露真情的信 |
[00:32] | “Dear you little–“ | 亲爱的小 |
[00:33] | okay, I can’t read this. | 这个不能读出来 |
[00:37] | He always talked about the good old days before 1985. | 他总是说起1985年前的美好旧时光 |
[00:40] | What happened in 1985? | 1985年发生了什么 |
[00:42] | That was the year the New York board of education said you couldn’t hit a kid with a ruler. | 那年纽约教育局理事会宣布老师不能用尺子打学生手心 |
[00:45] | “Bored” of education? I do believe I am. | 厌烦教育 我非常厌烦 |
[00:49] | Well, now you’re gonna need a new English teacher. | 你们现在要换一个新英语老师 |
[00:52] | That’s okay, thanks. | 没关系 谢谢 |
[00:53] | Uh, I don’t know, Maya. You may want to consider this one. | 说不准呢 玛雅 你要不先看看这个老师 |
[01:00] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Ms. Harper Burgess. | 女士们先生们 欢迎哈珀·伯吉斯老师 |
[01:07] | You got a bike that goes with that outfit? | 你有配你皮衣的摩托车吗 |
[01:10] | 1800 cc twin cam Fat Bob fuel tank wide glide. | 肥霸牌1800毫升油箱远翔双凸轮 |
[01:14] | What do you ride? | 你骑什么 |
[01:15] | He rode a sheep. | 他骑小绵羊 |
[01:19] | 62-pound quad hoof white fleece, kind you count before you fall asleep. Baa baa. | 62磅四蹄小白羊 睡前数数睡得香 咩咩 |
[01:27] | Wanna race? | 想比赛吗 |
[01:29] | No. | 不想 |
[01:33] | Ms. Burgess is here to teach you about great books and great ideas. | 伯吉斯老师是来教你们读好书并启发你们的灵感的 |
[01:37] | Please give her the same respect that you give me. | 麻烦像尊重我一样尊重她 |
[01:39] | Oh, we could do better than that. | 我们对她肯定比对你好 |
[01:50] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[01:54] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[01:59] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:02] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:06] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[02:11] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[02:15] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[02:19] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[02:22] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[02:27] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:31] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:34] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[02:40] | Frank Miller, The Dark Night Returns. | 弗兰克·米勒 《黑暗骑士归来》 |
[02:43] | This is Batman. | 这是蝙蝠侠 |
[02:44] | A future Batman. | 未来的蝙蝠侠 |
[02:46] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[02:47] | This story is the continuation based on an original series of characters. | 这个故事是在原有角色的基础上续写的 |
[02:52] | Do you guys know what that means? | 你们知道这意味着什么吗 |
[02:54] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[02:57] | Um, aren’t you supposed to be teaching us the important books? | 你不是应该教我们学些名著吗 |
[02:59] | Mmm, this graphic novel was as important to its style of literature | 这本漫画小说的文学风格 |
[03:04] | as any book you can think of. | 和其它任何作品一样重要 |
[03:06] | What’s it about? | 说的是什么 |
[03:07] | It’s about a world that’s become so tough | 说的是世界变得过于罪恶 |
[03:10] | that Batman fights superman. | 以至于蝙蝠侠要对战挚友超人 |
[03:13] | You will tell me why he does that. | 你们要告诉我他这么做的原因 |
[03:15] | You’re gonna start by teaching us a comic book, | 你第一课教的就是漫画书吗 |
[03:18] | miss motorcycle? | 摩托老师 |
[03:19] | Yeah, and you’re gonna start by not calling me miss anything. | 没错 而你第一课要学的是不许再叫我老师 |
[03:23] | You can call me Harper. | 你们可以叫我哈珀 |
[03:26] | – Harper? – Yes? | -哈珀 -什么事 |
[03:28] | I just wanted to see if it would work. | 我只是想看看是不是真的能叫 |
[03:30] | Farkle? | 法尔科 |
[03:32] | You know my name, Harper? | 你知道我名字吗 哈珀 |
[03:33] | I know all of your names. | 我知道全班人的名字 |
[03:35] | Mr. Matthews told me all about you. | 马修斯老师给我说了你们全班人的事情 |
[03:38] | When is this due, please? | 请问什么时间交作业 |
[03:39] | Hi, Riley. | 嗨 莱丽 |
[03:40] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:43] | How do you like having him here? | 你喜欢他在这里吗 |
[03:44] | It’s terrible. | 太惨了 |
[03:46] | It’s wonderful. | 是太好了 |
[03:48] | My father gave me my love of books. | 我的父亲让我爱上了读书 |
[03:50] | He did? | 真的吗 |
[03:52] | He’s why I became a teacher. | 他是我当老师的原因 |
[03:53] | It’s why he named me Harper. | 也是他给我取名哈珀的原因 |
[03:56] | You’ll figure it out. | 你们会明白的 |
[04:00] | Riley, stop me right now. | 莱丽 快阻止我 |
[04:01] | -From what? -I can’t like a teacher, I’m Maya. | -阻止你干嘛 -我不能喜欢老师 我可是玛雅 |
[04:03] | It’s a good day, Maya. | 今天真好 玛雅 |
[04:05] | School got better and now nothing bad is ever going to happen again. | 学校变好玩 坏事再也不会发生 |
[04:09] | So, I’m passing by your classroom | 我经过你们教室外面 |
[04:11] | on this, your first day, | 这是你任教的第一天 |
[04:13] | and I can’t help noticing | 我无意中看到 |
[04:15] | that somebody has a comic book– | 有人在看漫画书 |
[04:17] | that everybody has a comic book. | 是每个人都在看漫画书 |
[04:19] | They’re graphic novels. | 这是漫画小说 |
[04:21] | Pipe down, Farkle. | 闭嘴 法尔科 |
[04:23] | I think Harper’s trying to teach us something important. | 我觉得哈珀在教我们重要的知识 |
[04:25] | Oh, Harper is? | 是吗 |
[04:26] | Hm? Well, she’s not. | 很明显没有 |
[04:29] | It isn’t literature, it’s comic books. | 这不是文学 这是漫画书 |
[04:31] | Which are against school policy, Miss Burgess. | 这种行为违反了学校方针 伯吉斯老师 |
[04:34] | And so is calling Miss Burgess by her first name. | 而直呼伯吉斯老师的名字同样违规 |
[04:39] | You will gather these up, and you will teach something important. | 你必须收回漫画书 教他们重要的知识 |
[04:45] | To Kill a Mockingbird? | 《杀死一只知更鸟》 |
[04:46] | Are you familiar with this? | 你熟悉这本书吗 |
[04:47] | I know this book. | 我知道这本书 |
[04:49] | Then teach it, Miss Burgess. | 那就教这本书 伯吉斯老师 |
[04:59] | So… | 那么 |
[05:03] | The Dark Knight Returns. | 《黑暗骑士归来》 |
[05:07] | Read it tonight, | 今晚读完 |
[05:08] | and tomorrow we will learn something important. | 明天我们就学学重要的知识 |
[05:14] | Ah, stop it. | 别鼓掌 |
[05:16] | You’re not supposed to like a teacher. | 你不应该喜欢老师 |
[05:18] | You’re Maya. | 你可是玛雅 |
[05:19] | Oh, no, what are you doing to me? | 你究竟对我下了什么药 |
[05:29] | Girls, | 姑娘们 |
[05:30] | slow down. What is the rush? | 慢点吃 急什么 |
[05:32] | Dinner is keeping us from our homework. | 吃晚饭简直是浪费做作业的时间 |
[05:36] | The new English teacher wants us to read this. | 我们的新英语老师要求我们读这本书 |
[05:38] | Well, this looks like a comic book. | 看起来像本漫画书 |
[05:39] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:40] | Didn’t we have a teacher who taught us– | 我们不是也有个老师教我们 |
[05:42] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:44] | Tell me more about this new English teacher. | 多给我说说这个新英语老师 |
[05:46] | – Motorcycle. – Leather jacket. | -骑摩托车 -穿皮衣 |
[05:47] | Sounds familiar. | 听起来好熟悉 |
[05:49] | Weren’t you on the committee to hire the new English teacher? | 你不是也在招聘新英语老师的委员会里吗 |
[05:52] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:55] | Principal Yancy doesn’t like her very much. | 扬西校长不是很喜欢她 |
[05:57] | She’s a young idealist. | 她是个年轻的理想主义者 |
[05:59] | You think she’s gonna win him over. | 你觉得她能打败校长 |
[06:00] | I’m just looking for a little action. | 我只是想来点小反抗 |
[06:04] | Not all history repeats, Cory. | 不是所有历史都会重演的 科瑞 |
[06:06] | Why, what happened to you guys? | 怎么了 你们以前做过什么事 |
[06:08] | Well, we had a pretty cool teacher once. | 我们曾经也有一个很酷的老师 |
[06:10] | Feeny! | 菲尼 |
[06:13] | No, we actually had one other teacher. | 不是 我们其实还有另一个老师 |
[06:16] | Did that teacher get along with the principal? | 那个老师和菲尼相处融洽吗 |
[06:18] | Feeny was the principal. | 菲尼以前就是校长 |
[06:20] | Feeny taught you every year and was also your principal? | 菲尼每年都教你 还同时是你校长吗 |
[06:22] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[06:25] | That would never happen today. | 这种事在今天肯定不会发生 |
[06:26] | We’ll see. | 未必哦 |
[06:29] | Our principal won’t let her teach us this. | 我们校长不让她教我们漫画书 |
[06:31] | But she is anyway? | 但她还是要教吗 |
[06:32] | It’s a more complicated world now. | 现在的世界更复杂了 |
[06:34] | Heroes and villains aren’t as easily recognized. | 英雄和罪犯没有以前那么好分 |
[06:38] | Maybe it takes different teaching methods to tell them apart. | 也许不同的教学方式可以分清两者 |
[06:40] | She thinks this will help, and I like that she believes in something. | 她觉得这样有帮助 我也喜欢她有自己的信念 |
[06:44] | But Cory, the world isn’t so different that the principal | 但是科瑞 世界并没怎么变 |
[06:46] | doesn’t still make the final decision. | 仍然是由校长来做最后决定 |
[06:47] | Yeah, that’s interesting, isn’t it? | 这的确很有趣不是吗 |
[06:49] | Yancy has a lot of power. | 扬西校长权力很大 |
[06:52] | He’s like… | 他就像 |
[06:53] | Who’s a guy with a lot of power, girls? | 谁的权力[力量]很大呢 姑娘们 |
[06:58] | Superman. | 超人 |
[07:02] | – Then Harper’s like– – Batman! | -那哈珀就像 -蝙蝠侠 |
[07:07] | What’s the difference between the two? | 这两人有什么区别 |
[07:09] | Well, one has superpowers and one doesn’t. | 一个有超能力 一个没有 |
[07:11] | Well, how can that be a fair fight? | 这么对战怎么公平 |
[07:12] | I mean, that’s like a fight between you and me. | 就好像我和你吵架一样 |
[07:16] | I know. | 我知道 |
[07:20] | You know, I don’t want Harper… | 知道吗 我可不想让哈珀 |
[07:21] | – Batman. – …To lose. | -是蝙蝠侠 -输 |
[07:24] | Well, maybe you should do your homework and find out what happens next. | 或许你们应该去做作业 这样就能知道接下来会怎么样了 |
[07:27] | Yeah, like they’re gonna run– | 呵呵 说的跟她们真的会跑 |
[07:32] | this is gonna be real trouble, isn’t it, Cory? | 这真的是个大麻烦对吧 科瑞 |
[07:34] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[07:41] | Can good change? | 好人会变吗 |
[07:43] | Good is good. | 好人就是好人 |
[07:45] | Can evil change? | 那坏人会变吗 |
[07:47] | It seems like just when we think we’ve seen the worst that there can be, | 好像每当我们以为这是最糟糕的事 |
[07:49] | somebody comes up with something. | 总有人想出更坏的东西 |
[07:51] | Why do you suppose that is? | 为什么你会这么说 |
[07:52] | Because it’s evil that fascinates us. | 因为邪恶使我们着迷 |
[07:55] | But doesn’t good have to win in the end? | 但好人最后不总是会赢吗 |
[07:57] | Does it? | 会吗 |
[07:59] | So I’m passing by your classroom on this, your second day, | 我又经过你们教室 这是你第二天上课 |
[08:02] | and I see no Mockingbird. | 我还是没看到《知更鸟》 |
[08:04] | But I still see comic books. | 但我还是看到了漫画书 |
[08:06] | Yes, we’re studying the nature of good and evil. | 是的 我们在学习善恶的本质 |
[08:09] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[08:10] | – Class dismissed. – Excuse me? | -下课 -什么 |
[08:12] | Study hall, all of you! | 大家都出去自习 |
[08:14] | Except farkle. You… Go sit in a garbage can. | 除了法尔科 你 自己找个垃圾桶坐进去 |
[08:18] | Yay! | 太好了 |
[08:20] | Leave now. | 现在就出去 |
[08:24] | Go. | 走吧 |
[08:25] | – Riley. – Yes. | -莱丽 -好 |
[08:35] | If I may explain my lesson plan. | 我能先解释一下课程安排吗 |
[08:38] | Oh, there’s no need, miss burgess. You’re fired. | 没必要了 伯吉斯老师 你被开除了 |
[08:41] | You are brand-new, kid. | 你这年轻人还真是无知无畏 |
[08:43] | You think there are heroes and villains? There aren’t. | 还觉得有英雄和恶人之分 其实没有 |
[08:46] | There are only kids who come and go. | 有的只是听完课走人的学生 |
[08:50] | You really think that you’ve affected anybody? | 你还觉得你影响了他们的未来 |
[08:57] | What’s going on here? | 到底发生什么了 |
[08:59] | I’ve been fired. | 我被开除了 |
[09:00] | I want to thank you for believing in me. | 谢谢你对我的信任 |
[09:03] | You’re welcome. | 你太客气了 |
[09:04] | Oh, wait. | 哎 等等 |
[09:05] | That hasn’t changed. | 你还不能走呢 |
[09:08] | How can you possibly fire someone like her, Yancy? | 扬西 你怎么能开除这么优秀的老师呢 |
[09:11] | Go back to your class, Matthews. | 马修斯 你快回去上课 |
[09:13] | You’re right, this isn’t history, this is English, but… | 说得对 这是英语课 又不是我教的历史 但是 |
[09:16] | You know what history has in common with the great books? | 您知道历史和名著有什么共同之处吗 |
[09:20] | It turns out | 结果就是 |
[09:21] | there are heroes and villains. | 英雄和恶人确实有分别 |
[09:23] | All through them. | 历史和名著都是如此 |
[09:26] | And the villains will always cause trouble. | 恶人总是唯恐天下不乱 |
[09:28] | But there’s always gonna be heroes to fight back. | 而总是有英雄来对抗恶人的行径 |
[09:31] | You ruined my entire lesson. | 你把我的课毁了 |
[09:33] | She was hired to teach literature, but she’s not. | 她来应聘的是语文老师 可她不是这块料 |
[09:36] | She rides a motorcycle and she teaches comic books. | 她骑摩托车 还拿漫画书当教材 |
[09:39] | How is that a teacher? | 这算什么老师 |
[09:41] | That can be a great teacher. | 这说不定就是个好老师 |
[09:43] | A passionate teacher who | 对教学充满热情 |
[09:44] | doesn’t believe that kids just come and go. | 不相信学生听不进课的老师 |
[09:48] | And if you let her go, then… | 如果你把她开除了 |
[09:50] | You have to be prepared to let me go as well. | 那我也跟着她辞职 |
[09:53] | Let you go? | 你辞职 |
[09:56] | Well, I wasn’t prepared for that at all. | 呃 这我还没想到 |
[09:58] | Just give me a second– | 让我好好 |
[10:00] | okay, I’m good. You’re fired, too. | 行 随你 你也被开除了 |
[10:13] | How was everybody’s day today? | 大家今天都过得怎么样啊 |
[10:14] | It was a good day | 今天我很幸福 |
[10:16] | and then my friends treated me nicely | 我朋友们都对我很好 |
[10:18] | and then my teacher measured me, | 老师给我量了身高 |
[10:19] | and I’m growing, and then Jenny Lewis loves me. | 我又长个子了 珍妮·路易斯可喜欢我了 |
[10:23] | Wait a minute, this already happened. | 等一下啊 这些都不算新鲜事 |
[10:27] | Yeah, I’m out of stuff. | 嗯 我说完了 |
[10:30] | He’s right. Nothing new happened at all. | 说得好 今天什么新鲜事都没发生 |
[10:33] | Dad got fired today. | 老爸被炒鱿鱼了 |
[10:36] | Well, there’s that. | 还有这点小事嘛 |
[10:40] | You know how you thought there might be trouble | 你记不记得你说扬西和新老师 |
[10:41] | between yancy and the new teacher? | 之间会有矛盾 |
[10:43] | The young idealist who was gonna win him over? | 那个年轻的理想主义者会打动校长 |
[10:44] | She didn’t… so much. | 她没有 不太成功 |
[10:47] | But you defended her? | 你又为她辩护 |
[10:48] | – I did. – So yancy fired you? | -是的 -扬西把你炒了 |
[10:50] | So much. | 说的对 |
[10:52] | Yancy can’t fire you. | 扬西怎么能炒你 |
[10:53] | According to statue 3028, | 根据第3028号法规 |
[10:55] | teacher dismissals have to come from the state. | 解雇教师必须由州政府批准 |
[10:57] | Mom, do you know everything? | 妈妈 你是万事通吗 |
[10:58] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[11:00] | So Mr. Matthews is safe? | 所以马修斯老师安全了 |
[11:02] | Aw, Maya… you care? | 玛雅 你还关心我呐 |
[11:05] | No, I just haven’t spoken yet. | 想多了 我还没说话呢 |
[11:09] | I’ve met principal yancy. | 我见过扬西校长 |
[11:11] | He can be pretty stubborn. | 他有时候特别顽固 |
[11:12] | Yeah, he’s gonna pursue this. | 他这辈子就这样了 |
[11:14] | What will we do next? | 接下来咱们怎么办 |
[11:15] | Well, he has to take it to his boss. | 下一步就让校长去找他的上级 |
[11:17] | He has to take it to the superintendent of schools. | 他得去跟学区教育总监处理这件事 |
[11:24] | Doesn’t that make you guys nervous? | 难道你们就不紧张吗 |
[11:26] | Um, they don’t seem nervous. | 他们看起来可不紧张 |
[11:34] | Today’s lesson. | 今天的上课内容 |
[11:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[11:39] | So I’ve learned it’s more difficult to get rid of rabble rousers | 看来处理掉你们两个大忽悠 |
[11:41] | than I thought. | 比我想的要难 |
[11:42] | Too bad for you, | 不过你们不走运 |
[11:44] | I’ve got a great relationship with the superintendent of schools. | 我和这块学区的教育总监关系很好 |
[11:49] | How’s your relationship, Matthews? | 马修斯 你的关系怎么样呢 |
[11:58] | Okay, so why do I have to do anything? | 这儿有我什么事儿吗 |
[12:02] | Mr. Turner and I go back a bit. | 特纳先生和我有段故事 |
[12:04] | So, I hear you want to dismiss a couple of educators, yancy? | 我听说你想解雇一对教书育人的老师啊 扬西 |
[12:07] | She’s here one day, and she’s teaching comic books! | 她才来了一天 还把漫画书当教材 |
[12:10] | Yeah, my first day I taught the X-Men. | 我第一天上课教的是《X战警》 |
[12:15] | That’s funny. | 还真会说笑 |
[12:18] | Oh, no! | 哎呀完了 |
[12:22] | Now, why would I do that, I wonder? | 我一直在想 为什么我会那样呢 |
[12:24] | Matthews? | 马修斯 |
[12:25] | Well, you took characters we already loved to show us | 是因为您用了我们都喜欢的角色来告诉我们 |
[12:28] | that good and evil wasn’t always so black and white. | 善恶并非总是分明 |
[12:30] | -How come? -So we’d understand it better when | -此话怎讲 -这样你用教材来讲解时 |
[12:32] | you taught us real books. | 我们的学习会更加有效 |
[12:33] | Cory, you were listening. | 科瑞 你当时认真听课了 |
[12:37] | How could I not? | 我怎么会开小差呢 |
[12:39] | I mean, you wore a leather jacket to work every day. | 我是说 您上课的时候穿的是皮夹克 |
[12:41] | You taught comic books | 用漫画书教我们 |
[12:42] | and you rode to work on a motorcycle. | 还骑摩托车来学校 |
[12:49] | Right up until the day the bike and I both got totaled. | 骑到我人连摩托车摔个人仰马翻那天 |
[12:52] | But things happen for a reason. I married my nurse. | 不过塞翁失马焉知非福 我和照顾我的护士结婚了 |
[12:57] | You fell in love with her? | 你爱上她了 |
[12:58] | Nah, in case it ever happens again. | 其实是怕以后再摔着 |
[13:00] | I– | 我 |
[13:03] | there’s a pretty cool bike parked next to your sensible sedan. | 你的小轿车边上停了辆蛮不错的摩托车 |
[13:06] | What, did you buy that from Feeny? | 跟菲尼那儿买的吧 |
[13:11] | Well, it only had four miles on it. | 其实只开了四英里 |
[13:16] | The roll-up windows are a real workout. | 窗户得摇下来 蛮锻炼身体的 |
[13:20] | Hey, Burgess, | 哎 伯吉斯 |
[13:21] | you be careful on that bike, okay? | 骑摩托的时候当心点 听到没有 |
[13:24] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢您 先生 |
[13:28] | Jon, I just wanted her to teach To Kill a Mockingbird. | 乔恩 我只不过想让她教《杀死一只知更鸟》 |
[13:32] | Your mom or your dad? | 是你妈还是你爸 |
[13:35] | My dad. | 我爸爸 |
[13:36] | What about him? | 她爸怎么了 |
[13:37] | He named her Harper Lee Burgess. | 他给她起名叫哈珀·李·伯吉斯 |
[13:39] | I figure she’ll get around to it. | 就知道她这方面能行 |
[13:42] | Isn’t this the one about understanding | 这本书是不是讲 |
[13:44] | that people turn out pretty good if you give them a chance? | 给别人以机会 他们就会有好结果 |
[13:47] | Don’t ask me, I read comic books. | 别问我 我只看漫画书 |
[13:52] | Look, yancy, | 听着 扬西 |
[13:53] | I’ll observe Harper’s class, | 我会去听哈珀的课 |
[13:55] | I’ll make my decision then. | 然后我会做决定的 |
[13:57] | I already made my decision on Matthews long ago. | 很早我就给马修斯做过决定 |
[14:01] | I hired him, you know? | 他是我雇的你知道吧 |
[14:04] | I did not know that. | 这我还不知道 |
[14:06] | I withdraw my objection. | 我把我说的话收回 |
[14:08] | Too late for that. | 为时已晚 |
[14:10] | Too important. | 此事非常重要 |
[14:12] | What a kid is taught is what a kid becomes. | 孩子受到什么教育 决定了他会变成什么样的人 |
[14:14] | That’s the job we have. | 我们的工作就是教育 |
[14:17] | You ask me to see how it’s being done, and I will. | 我会听你的建议 去检验教育的成果 |
[14:25] | Interesting lesson. | 这堂课真有趣 |
[14:28] | Let’s see what comes of it. | 看看会有什么后果 |
[14:37] | We have some special guests in our classroom. | 今天我们有一位特别嘉宾 |
[14:39] | Please behave as you normally would. | 大家像平时一样就好了 |
[14:41] | – Hi. – Hi. | -您好 -你好 |
[14:42] | We love Harper. | 我们很爱哈珀 |
[14:43] | Do you understand, Uncle jon? | 乔恩叔叔您懂吗 |
[14:45] | Real Uncle, or do you just call him that? | 是亲叔叔 还是出于礼貌叫的 |
[14:47] | He comes over like a million times a week– | 他一个星期来一百万次 |
[14:49] | I withdraw my complaint. | 当我没抱怨过 |
[14:53] | You got them calling you by your first name? | 你让他们直呼你的名字 |
[14:55] | Yes, I wanted them to put together the mockingbird thing | 没错 我要让他们把名字和知更鸟联系起来 |
[14:58] | to see how much I care about what I’ll be teaching. | 让他们明白我对我的教学内容有多重视 |
[15:01] | All right, does anybody | 好 大家谁 |
[15:02] | understand the significance of Harper’s name | 注意到哈珀的名字 |
[15:05] | in regards to the author of To Kill a Mockingbird? | 和《杀死一只知更鸟》的作者有何关联 |
[15:09] | Harper’s first name is Charles Twain! | 哈珀的名字叫查尔斯·吐温 |
[15:13] | You’re doing a bang-up job with her, Matthews. | 马修斯 你教得太差劲了 |
[15:17] | Look, she was told by the principal not to teach us something, | 喂 校长不让她教我们某些东西 |
[15:19] | but she did anyways. That’s gotta mean something. | 结果她我行我素 肯定有什么含义 |
[15:21] | Psst, will you stop helping us? | 嘘 你别乱帮忙 |
[15:24] | Yeah, it means something. | 没错 确实有含义 |
[15:26] | Now, may I see what you’ve learned? | 现在看看大家都学了什么 |
[15:28] | Because that’s what means everything. | 因为这才是真正的意义所在 |
[15:31] | Farkle goes first, Farkle always goes first! | 法尔科第一个来 法尔科一直都第一个来 |
[15:35] | Stuart Minkus’ kid? | 斯图尔特·明克斯的孩子 |
[15:37] | – Yeah. – Super genius? | -没错 -超级天才 |
[15:38] | – Outer space. – Real human boy? | -智商爆表 -是肉体凡胎吗 |
[15:39] | We’re not sure yet. | 还不确定是不是呢 |
[15:40] | Sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[15:43] | I’ll make the presentation. | 我来做演讲吧 |
[15:45] | You like this teacher? | 你喜欢这个老师 |
[15:46] | I like both of these teachers. | 这些老师我都喜欢 |
[15:47] | Are you familiar with the material? | 你对这本书熟悉吗 |
[15:49] | Me? No, I never saw this thing before. | 我吗 不熟悉 我之前从来都没看过 |
[15:51] | I never saw this thing before in my life. | 这辈子我都没看过 |
[15:52] | Yeah, I read it. I read it, actually, a lot. | 其实 我读过 读过 而且还读了很多遍 |
[15:57] | Thanks for telling the truth. | 感谢你说了实话 |
[15:58] | Yeah, I can’t help myself. | 是啊 我忍不住 |
[16:01] | Now, I prefer someone who is unfamiliar with the material. | 现在 我想请一个完全不熟悉书本 |
[16:04] | Someone who is notoriously unteachable. | 众所周知无可救药的人 |
[16:11] | How you doin’? | 你好啊 |
[16:16] | Not you, Riley. | 不是你 莱丽 |
[16:17] | I only looked at the pictures. | 我只看了图片 |
[16:19] | I read the words. | 我只看了文字 |
[16:20] | It’s a duet. | 这俩是对二重唱 |
[16:23] | I hope you learned something, girls. | 我希望你们能学到些东西 姑娘们 |
[16:24] | I learn something all the time. | 我一直都在学东西 |
[16:26] | I come here because my apartment leaks. | 我来这儿是因为我住的地方漏水了 |
[16:29] | Come here. | 过来吧 |
[16:30] | Yes…? | 然后呢 |
[16:33] | I know you just say this stuff. | 我知道你只是说说而已 |
[16:35] | I know you’re a lot smarter than you want us to know. | 你比大家看上去的要聪明多了 |
[16:38] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[16:41] | We got this. | 我们可以的 |
[16:42] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[16:44] | Our future’s in your hands. | 我们的未来掌握在你们手中 |
[16:51] | In Frank Miller’s The Dark Night Returns | 在弗兰克·米勒的《黑暗骑士归来》中 |
[16:53] | the keyword is dark. | 关键词是黑暗 |
[16:55] | He doesn’t write heroes or villains that you are used to. | 他不是用大家所熟知的方式描写英雄和反派角色 |
[17:01] | You have to really think about what’s right and what’s wrong. | 你得好好考虑其中的对与错 |
[17:04] | The pictures make you work, too. | 图片也是如此 |
[17:07] | You have to look up, down, across, and sideways, | 你要看其中的各个方面 |
[17:10] | but I believe he’s trying to | 但是我相信他是想 |
[17:11] | get us to look at what our own world has become. | 让我们看看我们自己的世界会变成什么样 |
[17:13] | Up, down, across, and sideways. | 从各个角度思考问题 |
[17:18] | Heroes that should be friends with a common goal, | 英雄们应该是有着共同目标的朋友 |
[17:21] | fight each other instead. | 而不该互相斗争 |
[17:23] | One hero was trying to inspire | 其中一个英雄试图鼓励 |
[17:24] | his old friend to take a look at the world, | 他的老朋友去看看这个世界 |
[17:26] | and realized that it’s changed. | 让他意识到世界变化这么大 |
[17:28] | So, he needed to change, too. | 他也需要改变了 |
[17:31] | But he wouldn’t, | 但是他不愿意 |
[17:33] | so he fought against him. | 所以他俩就互相斗争 |
[17:34] | Which was hard to look at, | 这一幕看起来很难受 |
[17:36] | because the world is dark enough | 因为世界本来就已经很黑暗了 |
[17:38] | and heroes are supposed to bring light. | 英雄们本应该带来光明 |
[17:41] | Everyone in this room knows that someone with real power | 这个教室里的每个人都知道 |
[17:45] | doesn’t need to hit a kid | 老师不需要通过用戒尺 |
[17:46] | with a ruler to get the kid to want to learn. | 打学生来迫使他们听课 |
[17:48] | Because this is a new world, and we don’t do that here. | 因为这是一个新世界 我们不做这样的事 |
[17:53] | Frank Miller turned a comic book into– what’s the word? | 弗兰克·米勒把漫画书变成了 怎么说来着 |
[17:57] | You know the word. | 你知道那个词的 |
[17:58] | Literature. | 文学 |
[18:00] | And Harper here, | 我们的老师哈珀 |
[18:02] | is named after someone who gave us a great story. | 她的名字是根据一位伟大的作家起的 |
[18:07] | Which her father taught her to appreciate, | 她的爸爸告诉她要去欣赏这个故事 |
[18:10] | and it means everything to her that her father taught her. | 这意味着她爸爸教给她的东西对她来说比什么都重要 |
[18:15] | She’s taught me so much already. | 她已经教了我很多 |
[18:18] | You did that in two days? | 你居然两天内就达到这个效果了 |
[18:21] | They’re smarter than they want us to know. | 他们要比看上去聪明得多 |
[18:22] | She did that in two days! | 她两天内就搞定了 |
[18:24] | Shape up, Matthews. | 你得向她学习啊 马修斯 |
[18:27] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[18:29] | Jon, comic books are against school policy. | 约翰 漫画书是违反学校规定的 |
[18:32] | Yeah, and you can hit a kid with a ruler in 19 states. | 是啊 你还可以在十九个州用戒尺打学生呢 |
[18:43] | Hey, Matthews, I know it | 嘿 马修斯 我知道是你 |
[18:44] | was you that chose Harper for these kids. | 为孩子们选择了哈珀 |
[18:46] | Is that because maybe she, uh… reminded you of someone? | 有没有可能是因为她让你想到了某人 |
[18:52] | – No. – Okay. | -没有 -好吧 |
[18:59] | Riles? | 小莱 |
[19:01] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[19:02] | What do you want to be when you grow up? | 你长大想干什么 |
[19:05] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道呢 |
[19:06] | Is that okay? | 这样 没问题吧 |
[19:08] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[19:15] | Am I supposed to ask you now? | 现在是不是该我问你了 |
[19:16] | That would certainly keep this going, so… | 你问我才能继续聊下去嘛 所以 |
[19:21] | – Maya? – Yes! | – 玛雅 – 怎么了 |
[19:23] | Do you have any idea what you want to be when you grow up? | 你想没想过长大之后想干什么 |
[19:26] | No. | 还没想好 |
[19:28] | But being a teacher might be cooler than I thought. | 但是当老师可能也不错 |
[19:31] | You know what else is cool? | 你知道还有什么也不错嘛 |
[19:33] | Uncle Jon used to take care of Shawn when he was younger, | 乔恩叔叔年轻的时候曾经照顾过肖恩 |
[19:36] | you don’t say. | 真的吗 |
[19:38] | I do say. | 当然啦 |
[19:40] | And my dad said that they were really good for each other. | 而且我爸爸说他们两个在一起很有爱 |
[19:48] | Okay, Riley, I finished this Archie comic you gave me. | 好了 莱丽 你给我的阿尔奇漫画我看完了 |
[19:51] | I wanted to start him on the road to good books. | 我想让他从小就开始读好书 |
[19:56] | What’d you learn from it, augs? | 你从书中学到了什么 奥吉 |
[19:57] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[19:59] | this dark-haired girl and this blonde girl | 一个黑发女孩和一个金发女孩 |
[20:00] | both like the same boy and they all stay best friends. | 同时喜欢上了一个男孩 然后他们都是好朋友 |
[20:02] | Could that really happen? | 这种事在现实中会发生吗 |
[20:04] | – No. – Okay. | – 不会 – 好吧 |
[20:10] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[20:11] | Before we begin today, | 在今天上课之前 |
[20:14] | a decision has been reached. | 我要先宣布一个决定 |
[20:15] | Now, I know you’re all going to remain quiet and calm. | 现在 请你们都保持冷静 不要说话 |
[20:18] | We love her! | 我们爱她 |
[20:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[20:26] | We appreciate it when students are fond of a teacher. | 学生喜欢老师是个很好的现象 |
[20:29] | I mean, it factors into a decision, but it cannot be the first priority. | 我的意思是 这会影响我们做出的决定 但不是首要因素 |
[20:33] | Uh-oh. | 不好 |
[20:34] | That has to be preparation that a teacher puts into a lesson plan, | 重要的是老师在课程中能教会学生什么 |
[20:40] | and what the students take from it. | 还有学生领悟得怎么样 |
[20:42] | Cory, what are you teaching today? | 科瑞 你今天打算讲什么 |
[20:44] | I don’t know. I’m probably making something up. | 我也不知道 一会儿再编吧 |
[20:49] | All right, now Ms. Burgess went against school policy. | 好了 伯吉斯老师违反了学校的规定 |
[20:53] | The principal decided what he saw fit. | 校长会对他认为什么内容合适作出规定 |
[20:56] | Right and wrong can be difficult to identify sometimes. | 对与错有时不是那么容易分辨的 |
[20:59] | That’s what you just read in English class. | 这是你们英语课上刚刚学到的 |
[21:01] | But this is history. | 但这是历史课 |
[21:02] | And what does history teach us. You? | 历史都教给了我们什么呢 你来回答 |
[21:04] | When it’s a struggle between right and wrong, | 在一场对与错之间的战争中 |
[21:06] | that’s when the real hero fights hardest. | 真正的英雄会尽力拼搏 |
[21:10] | So… | 所以 |
[21:12] | For the greater good of this school, | 为了学校的利益 |
[21:14] | it has been decided | 我们做出了决定 |
[21:16] | that someone had to go. | 必须要有人离开 |
[21:20] | So I would like to introduce you to your new English teacher. | 请允许我介绍一下你们的新英语老师 |
[21:23] | No! | 不 |
[21:24] | Why is it worth learning anything | 如果我们不能让世界变得更好 |
[21:26] | if we can’t change the world for the better? | 那学习还有什么用 |
[21:28] | How are we supposed to be heroes if we can’t do anything about anything? | 如果我们对一切都束手无策的话 还怎么做英雄 |
[21:32] | Hi! | 大家好啊 |
[21:39] | Sometimes you can beat superman. | 有时超人也是可以被打败的 |
[21:41] | Very good, Maya. | 说得好 玛雅 |
[21:42] | You get an a. | 给你一个A |
[21:44] | This new teacher’s out to ruin my reputation. | 这个新老师把我的名声都毁了 |
[21:53] | He was one of your teachers, mommy? | 他是你原来的老师吗 妈咪 |
[21:55] | Yeah, Mr. Turner helped me learn everything I know. | 是的 特纳老师教会了我许多东西 |
[21:58] | She knows everything. | 她确实什么都会 |
[21:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:01] | Was my daddy a good student? | 我爸爸原来是个好学生吗 |
[22:02] | He was a wonderful student. | 他是一个非常优秀的学生 |
[22:04] | Why would you lie to my kid? | 别骗我儿子了好不好 |
[22:08] | He tried his best. | 他尽力了 |
[22:10] | Why would you lie to my kid? | 别骗我儿子了好不好 |
[22:13] | He was so bad, he became a teacher so he could go back to school again. | 他太差了 所以去当老师 然后就能重新回学校了 |
[22:19] | So… word has it you took care of Shawn Hunter? | 据说肖恩·亨特小的时候是你照顾的 |
[22:22] | Yeah, I did. | 没错 |
[22:24] | His dad was a little off and on. | 他爸爸不经常在他身边 |
[22:26] | No kid should have that. | 没有哪个孩子应该经历这些 |
[22:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:29] | Did you care about him, though? | 那你关心他吗 |
[22:31] | You weren’t his real father. | 你又不是他的亲生父亲 |
[22:33] | No, I wasn’t. | 我当然不是 |
[22:34] | But was it possible for you to– | 但是有没有可能你 |
[22:36] | yes, Maya. | 没错 玛雅 |
[22:38] | I loved him like a son. | 我像爱自己的儿子一样爱他 |
[22:41] | I still do. | 现在也一样 |
[22:44] | That’s good. | 真好 |
[22:47] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[22:48] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[22:49] | Thank you for being a good teacher. | 你真是个好老师 谢谢你 |
[22:50] | Yeah, thanks. | 是啊 谢谢你 |
[22:53] | Boy, there’s nothing better than hearing | 天哪 从自己学生的口中听到谢谢 |
[22:55] | that from your students. | 简直没有比这更好的事情了 |
[22:59] | Mr. Turner. | 特纳老师 |
[23:00] | Thank you for being a good teacher. | 你真是个好老师 谢谢你 |
[23:02] | Yeah, thanks. | 是啊 谢谢您 |
[23:07] | You gave me an a-minus once. | 你曾经给过我一次A减 |
[23:09] | Topanga. | 托庞嘉 |
[23:12] | – Topanga. – I want you to change it. | – 托庞嘉 – 能不能把它改了 |
[23:15] | Okay. | 好吧 |