时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | It’s this weekend. Lucas hasn’t asked me to the semi-formal. | 这周末就要开半正式舞会 卢卡斯还没邀请我 |
[00:10] | We’re Riley and Lucas, aren’t we, Maya? | 我们是莱丽和卢卡斯对吗 玛雅 |
[00:12] | I don’t know anymore. Just tell me what to say. | 我什么都不知道了 告诉我该怎么说 |
[00:16] | It’s all over the front of my notebook. | 我写满了笔记本封面 |
[00:17] | “Riley hearts Lucas 4-ever.” | 莱丽永远爱卢卡斯 |
[00:19] | What’s on the back on your notebook? | 那你笔记本封底写了什么 |
[00:21] | “Riley and Lucas, we’re just friends.” | 莱丽和卢卡斯只是朋友 |
[00:24] | Sweetie, what are you doing to yourself? | 亲爱的 你干嘛要这样对自己 |
[00:26] | It’s this weekend, and Lucas hasn’t asked me to the semi-formal. | 这周末就要开半正式舞会 卢卡斯还没邀请我 |
[00:30] | Told ya. | 早告诉你 |
[00:31] | You got a problem. | 你有问题 |
[00:33] | You did? Have I brought this up before? | 是吗 我之前提过这事吗 |
[00:36] | It’s 10 months away, why hasn’t Lucas asked me to the semi-formal? | 还有十个月就要开半正式舞会了 卢卡斯为什么还没邀请我 |
[00:42] | There’s nothing but time. | 因为现在太早了 |
[00:44] | He doesn’t ask you by the week before, I’ll look at you like this, | 他会在舞会前一周问你 我会这样看着你说 |
[00:46] | and say, “you got a problem.” | 你有问题 |
[00:48] | Stop planning your life so far in advance. | 别再超前计划你的人生 |
[00:50] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[00:52] | When the time comes, I want my ashes scattered over– | 当那一刻到来时 我想要我的骨灰撒在 |
[00:53] | Lucas. Is it Lucas? Yeah, I know. | 卢卡斯身上是吗 我知道 |
[00:59] | It’s five months away, why hasn’t Lucas asked me to the semi-formal? | 还有五个月就要开半正式舞会了 卢卡斯怎么还没邀请我 |
[01:07] | There’s nothing but time. | 因为现在太早了 |
[01:09] | He doesn’t ask you by the week before, I’ll look at you like this, | 他会在舞会前一周问你 我会这样看着你说 |
[01:11] | and say, “you got a problem.” | 你有问题 |
[01:13] | You know, you look at me like that a lot. | 你知道吗 你总是这样看我 |
[01:15] | Well, you got a lot of problems. | 因为你问题太多 |
[01:17] | I do. | 也是 |
[01:20] | Yes, Riley, you’ve had problems before, | 是的莱丽 你以前就有问题 |
[01:22] | but you haven’t had a Lucas problem until now. | 但现在卢卡斯的问题才是问题 |
[01:27] | Why does he keep doing that? | 他为什么老这样吼 |
[01:30] | Lockers, blackboard. | 柜子 黑板 |
[01:32] | Chalk, chalk dust. | 粉笔 粉笔灰 |
[01:35] | Your daddy. | 你爸爸 |
[01:38] | How long you gonna keep doing it? | 你还要拍多久 |
[01:39] | Till he comes out. | 拍到他出来为止 |
[01:48] | Okay, I’m done! | 好 我不拍了 |
[01:57] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[02:01] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[02:05] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:09] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:13] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[02:18] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[02:22] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[02:26] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[02:29] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[02:34] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:37] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:41] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[02:46] | Semi-formal coming up. | 半正式舞会快到了 |
[02:47] | Young men and young women interacting. | 年轻男女相互沟通 |
[02:50] | Mixing in a social situation. | 在社交场景中交际 |
[02:52] | So, to avoid any casualties, | 为了避免各种意外 |
[02:54] | I thought we could discuss etiquette. | 我觉得我们可以讨论一下礼仪 |
[02:57] | Can anyone here tell me what etiquette is? | 有谁能告诉我什么是礼仪 |
[03:00] | No, you can’t. | 你不能 |
[03:04] | Etiquette is treating people politely and with respect. | 礼仪就是充满敬意地礼貌待人 |
[03:06] | Maya and I will demonstrate in a short play we put on before every dance. | 我和玛雅将演示我们每次舞会前都会发生的小情景 |
[03:09] | It’s called, “no.” | 名字叫“不可以” |
[03:11] | Miss Hart, would you do me the great honor | 哈特小姐我能荣幸地邀请您 |
[03:14] | of accompanying me to the semi-formal festivities? | 陪我一起参加半正式舞会吗 |
[03:16] | No. | 不可以 |
[03:18] | -Etiquette. -Etiquette. | -礼仪 -礼仪 |
[03:20] | -Thank you. -Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[03:22] | We’ll see you at the holidays for “a Christmas no.” | 假期还会上演“圣诞节也不可以” |
[03:27] | Okay, so… | 好 那么 |
[03:29] | The school board sent me this film. | 校董会拿了这盘胶片给我 |
[03:31] | It’s called, | 名字叫 |
[03:32] | “he asked me, he asked me, he really asked me.” | “他邀请了我 他邀请了我 他真的邀请了我” |
[03:36] | This is supposed to teach us how to act at the dance? | 这东西是教我们在舞会上如何举止的吗 |
[03:39] | They sent it. I’m showing it. You’re animals. | 他们给我 我就要放 你们这群禽兽 |
[03:44] | Oh, there’s a dance, and you’re planning to attend this dance | 噢 有一个舞会 那个你准备参加 |
[03:47] | that you never mentioned in my general vicinity, that dance? | 但却没在近期和我提过的舞会 知道吗 |
[03:50] | Actually, I wanna talk to you about that– | 其实我想和你说一下 |
[03:51] | Go on. | 继续 |
[03:52] | Psst. Talk after class. | 嘘 下课再说 |
[03:54] | Have you no sense of anything? | 你没看到我们正忙吗 |
[03:57] | Nope. Let’s watch. | 没有 看片吧 |
[03:59] | Oh, what’s this here? | 噢 这个是什么 |
[04:02] | Well, enjoy the old-time picture show. | 享受老电影吧 |
[04:09] | Well, if it isn’t our old friend, Billy. | 这不是我们的老朋友比利嘛 |
[04:12] | Last time we saw you, Billy, | 比利 上次我们见到你的时候 |
[04:15] | you were teaching us that our bodies go through strange and horrifying changes. | 你还在教我们如何度过身体奇怪又可怕的变化 |
[04:18] | But today, we’re here to talk about the biggest night in a young person’s life. | 但今天 我们来谈谈年轻人生命中最重要的夜晚 |
[04:23] | The semi-formal. | 半正式舞会 |
[04:25] | Billy’s been looking forward to it all year. | 比利期待了一整年 |
[04:26] | Isn’t that right, Billy? | 对不对 比利 |
[04:30] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Billy. | 喔喔喔 悠着点 比利 |
[04:31] | Because you know who hangs out at dances? | 因为你知道舞会上还会有谁吗 |
[04:33] | Your old friends polio, typhoid, and the devil. | 你的老朋友小儿麻痹症 伤寒 和恶魔 |
[04:36] | He’s mean. | 他好刻薄 |
[04:37] | Now, let’s meet your best gal, Sally, | 现在请出你的好朋友 莎莉 |
[04:40] | who, since you’re a gentleman, | 因为你是位绅士 |
[04:41] | you asked to the dance at least 10 months in advance. | 所以你十个月前就邀请她一起参加舞会 |
[04:45] | Billy gets it. | 比利都懂 |
[04:47] | Billy’s dead, and all of his friends are dead too. | 比利挂了 他所有老朋友都挂了 |
[04:49] | Except one. No, wait, now he’s dead too. | 只剩一个了 不对 现在他也挂了 |
[04:52] | It does seem like relationships are a little more complex now | 我觉得现在的人际关系确实 |
[04:55] | than they were in the 1950s. | 要比五十年代复杂一点 |
[04:57] | I just wanna be asked to the dance. | 我只想被邀请参加舞会 |
[04:59] | -You wanna go to the dance? -No. | -你想一起去舞会吗 -不想 |
[05:00] | Oh, you’ve seen my play. | 噢 你看了我的小情景剧 |
[05:05] | Meet Sally. She’s a good girl. | 这位是莎莉 她是个好女孩 |
[05:07] | Sally’s dreaming of her handsome prince sweeping her off her feet. | 莎莉一直梦想能出现让她神魂颠倒的帅气王子 |
[05:10] | Did he ask you, Sally? | 他邀请你了吗 莎莉 |
[05:12] | He asked me, he asked me! He really asked me! | 他邀请了我 他邀请了我 他真的邀请了我 |
[05:15] | You and me, Sally. | 你和我 莎莉 |
[05:17] | Front of the notebook, baby. | 写在笔记本封面 宝贝 |
[05:20] | Because everybody knows | 因为人人都知道 |
[05:22] | the semi-formal is the dance that determines the rest of your life. | 半正式舞会是决定你后半辈子的舞会 |
[05:24] | Oh, there’s nothing like a beautiful gown that makes you feel | 没有什么比一条漂亮的礼裙更能让你觉得 |
[05:26] | like you’re in a beautiful gown. | 你穿着一条漂亮的礼裙了 |
[05:30] | How you enjoying the picture show, Sally? | 你喜欢这部影片吗 莎莉 |
[05:32] | Life is so much simpler in black and white. | 黑白胶片的世界是如此简单 |
[05:35] | Look how Billy holds the door open for Sally | 看看比利是怎么给莎莉开门的 |
[05:38] | so she won’t develop unsightly arm muscles. | 这样她就不会长出难看的手臂肌肉 |
[05:41] | Now that’s etiquette. | 这才叫礼仪 |
[05:51] | Yikes. | 诶呀 |
[05:55] | Okay. So, can anyone here tell me | 好 有人能告诉我 |
[05:58] | if they possibly learned anything from that? | 你从中学到了什么吗 |
[06:02] | Yes. Time to make some choices, Billy. | 我能 是时候做决定了 比利 |
[06:05] | Simple enough for you, Billy? | 够简单吧 比利 |
[06:16] | Stand aside, underpants. | 一边去 内裤 |
[06:18] | Underpants? | 内裤 |
[06:19] | You’re the brother of a senator now. | 你现在是参议员他弟 |
[06:21] | Security issues. | 安保事务 |
[06:22] | That’s your codename. | 这是你的代号 |
[06:23] | Underpants! | 内裤啊 |
[06:25] | Yeah. | 对 |
[06:26] | As a new senator, I need protection. | 作为新参议员 我需要保护 |
[06:28] | I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, | 我不确定你知不知道 |
[06:30] | there’s a lot of people out there that’d like to do me harm. | 但现在外面很多人都要伤害我 |
[06:31] | And in here. | 屋里也有 |
[06:34] | Plus, ever since I was elected, | 另外 自从我当选以后 |
[06:37] | some guy’s been stalking me. | 就总有一些人跟踪我 |
[06:44] | He’s there. | 他在那儿 |
[06:46] | Oh, he’s walking through the oorway-day. | 噢 他从楼道走了过来 |
[06:49] | Agent Lachance, sir. Secret service. | 先生 我是特工处的拉钱斯特工 |
[06:51] | I’m assigned to senator Matthews’ security detail. | 我被分派来负责马修斯参议员的安保细节 |
[06:53] | Wait, you are? Why didn’t you tell me? | 真的吗 你干嘛不告诉我 |
[06:56] | I’ve told you several times, senator. | 我告诉过你几次 参议员 |
[06:58] | I keep saying “secret service,” | 我一直跟你说“特工处” |
[07:00] | you keep saying, “I’ll have the hummus.” | 你却一直说“我要吃鹰嘴豆泥” |
[07:03] | And I never got my hummus. | 我一次都没拿到鹰嘴豆泥 |
[07:06] | I’m not room service, I’m secret service. | 我不负责客房服务 我是特工 |
[07:09] | I haven’t eaten in three days! | 我三天没吃东西啦 |
[07:14] | I’m sorry you got stuck with him. | 我很抱歉你得跟他待在一起 |
[07:16] | Actually, he’s the smartest senator I’ve ever worked with. | 其实他是我服务过最聪明的参议员 |
[07:19] | Ask him why he’s here… | 问他为什么来这儿 |
[07:21] | Underpants. | 内裤 |
[07:22] | I’ll play along. | 我陪你们玩 |
[07:24] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这儿 |
[07:27] | Senate resolution 328-17 awards | 参议院决议案328-17要决定 |
[07:28] | a multi-billion dollar natural gas pipeline | 把一个数十亿美元的天然气管道项目 |
[07:30] | to either the good company or the evil one. | 交给一个好公司还是一个坏公司 |
[07:32] | I’m in town to meet with the guy from the evil company. | 我来市里是要跟坏公司的人见面 |
[07:34] | He’s going to try to buy my vote. | 他想买我的选票 |
[07:39] | Can you be bought? | 你会被收买吗 |
[07:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:43] | Eric, is that even connected to anything? | 埃里克 这耳机连着什么东西吗 |
[07:45] | This? No, this is candy. | 这个吗 没有 这是糖 |
[07:47] | It’s not the candy one! It’s not the candy one! | 这不是糖的那只 这不是糖的那只 |
[07:57] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么想吗 |
[07:58] | I think he’s waiting until the very last minute, | 我想他是要等到最后一刻 |
[08:00] | and then he’s gonna do the big ask. | 然后呈现一个盛大的邀请 |
[08:01] | Sure, he is. | 他当然会 |
[08:04] | First, there’ll be balloons in your locker. | 首先 你的柜子里会有气球 |
[08:08] | Then, people will hand you roses until you have a big bouquet. | 然后 同学会拿玫瑰给你 直到你捧上满满一束 |
[08:13] | What the? | 什么 |
[08:14] | Keep making things happen, Maya! | 继续说啊 玛雅 |
[08:18] | Okay, uh… disco ball? | 好 呃 迪斯科球 |
[08:21] | Music? | 音乐 |
[08:23] | Yogi on skates! | 尤吉滑旱冰 |
[08:24] | Drop a banner, | 横幅拉下 |
[08:26] | and then Lucas is right there next to you. | 然后卢卡斯站在你身边 |
[08:29] | -Riley– -yes, yes! | -莱丽 -好啊好啊 |
[08:30] | I would love to go to the semi-formal with you! | 我愿意和你一起参加半正式舞会 |
[08:32] | Good. I was hoping you would. | 很好 我也希望你愿意 |
[08:42] | Meet Riley, | 这就是莱丽 |
[08:44] | a swell gal who finds herself in quite the pickle! | 一个发觉自己陷于窘境的女孩 |
[08:46] | What will she do? What will she do? | 她该怎么办呢 她该怎么办呢 |
[08:54] | When we last left our hero, she said she’d go to the dance with Charlie Gardner. | 上一幕中 她说愿意和查理·加德纳一起参加舞会 |
[08:57] | -That’s me. -Oh, Charlie. | -就是我 -查理 |
[09:01] | I can’t believe that you actually said yes. | 我真不敢相信你竟然同意了 |
[09:03] | I waited because I was sure Lucas was gonna ask you, | 我之前没问你是因为我觉得卢卡斯肯定会约你 |
[09:06] | but when he didn’t, I just figured there was a problem. | 但是他没有 我才明白有点问题 |
[09:09] | So, I asked you because I think a girl like you deserves to be swept off her feet. | 我邀请你是因为我觉得这是你这样优秀的女孩所应得的 |
[09:12] | Uh-oh. | 不妙 |
[09:16] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[09:18] | Are you asking me? | 你是在问我吗 |
[09:19] | Because if you’re asking me, I say you give me a chance. | 如果你是在问我的话 我想说你可以给我个机会 |
[09:23] | Uh-oh. | 不妙 |
[09:25] | Charlie, I want to thank you for the flowers and the banner and Yogi on skates. | 查理 我要谢谢你的花还有横幅以及旱冰鞋上的尤吉 |
[09:29] | Yeah, I had to teach him. | 嗯 我不得不教他 |
[09:33] | But there’s only so much time in the day. | 但是一天只有这么多时间 |
[09:36] | I’m so sorry, but I can’t go. | 对不起 我去不了 |
[09:38] | -You can’t go with me? -No, I can’t go with anybody. | -你不能和我一起去 -不是的 我跟谁都去不了 |
[09:40] | -I can’t go with anybody because I can’t go with anybody -yes… | -我跟谁都去不了是因为我不能和任何人去 -好吧 |
[09:43] | -That night because I can’t go anywhere that night -yes… | -是因为那天晚上我哪儿都不能去 -好吧 |
[09:45] | Because my parents have something that night. | 是因为那天晚上我父母有安排 |
[09:47] | What Riley will realize immediately | 莱丽马上就会意识到的是 |
[09:49] | is that her father is one of the chaperones at the dance. | 她的爸爸是那场舞会的监护人之一 |
[09:52] | Isn’t your dad one of the chaperones at the dance? | 你爸爸不是舞会的监护人之一吗 |
[09:55] | I’m not talking about those parents. | 我说的不是那对父母 |
[09:57] | Well, there’s no coming back from that. | 这下可有的扯了 |
[10:00] | Uh, yes, yes, there is, Maya, | 对对 是这样的 玛雅 |
[10:02] | because, see, my dad is at the dance, | 因为 我爸爸要去舞会 |
[10:04] | and my mom, my other parent I was talking about– | 我妈妈 我是指另外的一个家长 |
[10:06] | -okay. -Is also not home that night. | -好吧 -那晚也不在家 |
[10:08] | And so I promised her I would babysit my little brother, augie, | 所以我答应她要照顾我的小弟弟 奥吉 |
[10:10] | because nobody had asked me to the dance. | 因为之前没人邀请我参加舞会 |
[10:12] | I’m so proud of us. | 我真为我们感到骄傲 |
[10:14] | She’s obviously had a good bad influence. | 她明显是受到了我的坏影响 |
[10:16] | Well, Riley’s gotten herself out of this mess, | 莱丽已经把自己从困境中解救出来了 |
[10:18] | what could possibly go wrong now? | 还能有什么问题呢 |
[10:19] | Oh, you can’t go to the dance? | 啥 你不能参加舞会了 |
[10:20] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[10:22] | Well, you two must have a lot to talk about. | 你俩肯定有很多话要说 |
[10:26] | But before I go, | 但在我离开之前 |
[10:28] | I’d like you both to know that I don’t regret asking her. | 我希望你们俩知道我不会后悔邀请了她 |
[10:31] | I did it because I know you’re the type of person | 我那么做是因为我知道你是那种 |
[10:33] | who would give up the dance to help your parents out. | 会为了帮父母的忙而放弃参加舞会的人 |
[10:36] | Uh, let me understand this, you– you asked Riley to the dance? | 让我来捋捋 你 你邀请莱丽参加舞会了 |
[10:40] | I did because, see, you didn’t. | 是啊 因为你没邀请她 |
[10:43] | And I’m sorry, but do you need more than 10 months? | 不好意思多问一句哈 你真的需要十个多月的时间考虑吗 |
[10:47] | Charlie, you may not know this, | 查理 你可能不知道 |
[10:49] | but Riley and I kinda have an unofficial thing going. | 我和莱丽正处在非正式的关系之中 |
[10:52] | Yeah, but I’ve been tracking this thing all year, | 是啊 我也追踪这件事一整年了 |
[10:54] | and I’ve seen both sides of her notebook. | 我还看到她笔记本的正反面了 |
[10:58] | -You let him see your notebook? -It was only one time. | -你让他看了你的笔记本 -只有一次 |
[11:04] | So, what happens now? | 那现在怎么办 |
[11:06] | Guess that’d depend on Riley, wouldn’t it? | 那也只能让莱丽来决定了 对不 |
[11:10] | Close your mouth, Riley. | 闭上嘴巴 莱丽 |
[11:14] | Well, I’ll leave you guys to it. | 你们自己看着办吧 |
[11:28] | I just naturally assumed that we were going together. | 我本来以为咱俩肯定是一起参加的 |
[11:30] | -What? -I thought we were going together. | -啥 -我以为咱俩是一起的 |
[11:32] | I’m– I should have asked. | 我 我应该邀请一下的 |
[11:33] | -What? -I’m sorry you can’t go. | -啥 -很遗憾你不能参加 |
[11:36] | Do it for me. | 你来说吧 |
[11:38] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[11:39] | And now this. | 现在就这样了 |
[11:45] | Why, Agent Lachance, | 拉钱斯特工 |
[11:47] | this might just be the start of the best friendship since… | 这可能是自我和那谁以后建立起的最好的友情了 |
[11:49] | Jack, who was that guy I used to know? | 杰克 是叫这名吗 |
[11:52] | What’s up, buddy? | 你好啊 哥们儿 |
[11:53] | -Jack! -Eric! | -杰克 -埃里克 |
[11:55] | -Hey! -Come on! | -嘿 -不是吧 |
[11:57] | How are you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[11:58] | I’m a senator now, didn’t you hear? | 我是参议员了 你听说了吗 |
[11:59] | No! Yeah, it’s the end of the world. | 没 当然听说了 简直是世界末日啊 |
[12:02] | Haha! Probably. | 哈哈 可能吧 |
[12:03] | So– I mean, what are you doing here? | 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[12:06] | What? I need a reason to see my friend? | 咋的 来见我朋友也需要理由吗 |
[12:09] | So, we’re still friends? ‘Cause I haven’t seen you in a really long time. | 就是说我们还是朋友呗 我可是好久都没见到你了 |
[12:12] | Not a day goes by that your voice still isn’t inside my head. | 你的声音每天都在我的脑海里回响 |
[12:15] | No matter what I do. | 无论我做什么 |
[12:17] | You know what I’m doing right now? Come on, sit down. | 你知道我现在在做什么吗 过来坐下 |
[12:19] | I’m actually senatoring right now. | 我其实正在干议员该干的事呢 |
[12:21] | Yeah, I’m waiting for some evil guy from some evil company | 我在等一个坏公司的坏家伙 |
[12:24] | who’s gonna come in and try to sleaze his way into my pocket to buy my vote. | 他想用卑劣的手段拿到我的那一票 |
[12:27] | Really? Why would he do that? | 真的吗 他为什么要那么做 |
[12:29] | Well, because the other company is really environmentally conscious, | 因为另外一家公司很有环保意识 |
[12:32] | and they saved the polar bears, | 他们拯救了北极熊 |
[12:34] | but the evil company is scum who turns clean water into dirty water, | 但是坏公司试图把洁净的水变成脏水 |
[12:36] | and hires really good-looking employees | 他们还雇佣了长相帅气的员工 |
[12:39] | with pocket squares | 口袋里装着手帕 |
[12:42] | and hair that goes “swoosh”… | 头发梳得蹭亮 |
[12:46] | To hide their company’s evil faces. | 以此隐藏他们公司的邪恶性质 |
[12:52] | You’re still an idiot genius, aren’t you? | 你仍然是一个白痴天才 对不 |
[12:54] | Jack Hunter joined the peace corps with Rachel McGuire. | 杰克·亨特和瑞秋·麦圭尔一起参加了和平队 |
[12:56] | She stayed, you left, and you joined an evil company, | 她留下了 你离开了 还加入了邪恶公司 |
[12:58] | and you haven’t been the same ever since. | 从此以后你就与以前不同了 |
[13:03] | You know all about me, huh? | 你对我了如指掌 是不 |
[13:05] | I know what all my friends are doing. | 我对我所有的朋友都了如指掌 |
[13:07] | What I don’t know is why? | 我所不知道的是为什么 |
[13:09] | Remember when we were kids? | 还记得我们小时候吗 |
[13:11] | And the toughest choice we had was which one of us was gonna end up with Rachel? | 咱俩做的最艰难的决定就是谁跟瑞秋在一起 |
[13:13] | Rachel! | 瑞秋 |
[13:15] | What we never knew was that | 我们当时没搞懂的就是 |
[13:16] | life was preparing us to make the right decisions later. | 生活让我们逐渐成长 以便将来能自己做出正确的抉择 |
[13:20] | But then, you know, you get a little older. Grow up, | 但是后来呢 你长大了 成熟了 |
[13:23] | and face another choice, | 面临其它的选择 |
[13:25] | and you make the wrong decision. | 你做出了错误的决定 |
[13:27] | Why does that happen? | 为什么会这样呢 |
[13:28] | I don’t know, Jack. | 我不知道 杰克 |
[13:30] | I wasn’t there. | 我没在那儿 |
[13:32] | And now I’m in a position to influence the whole world. | 现在我正处在一个可以改变全世界的位置上 |
[13:35] | What do you know? Me too. | 你知道吗 我也是 |
[13:38] | I guess the only choice left is who influences who. | 我猜现在剩下的唯一选择就是谁影响谁 |
[13:42] | Well, I guess that’s up to us now, isn’t it? | 看来该咱俩决定了 是吗 |
[13:44] | Hey, you free tonight? | 你今晚有空吗 |
[13:45] | Yeah, I’m free. It’s New York City. | 有空啊 这可是纽约啊 |
[13:47] | -What’cha got in mind, buddy? -Hahaha, don’t touch. | -你有什么想法 伙计 -哈哈哈 别碰我 |
[13:54] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[13:55] | I got nothing. | 我没招 |
[13:58] | Help me! | 帮帮我 |
[13:59] | This one’s a doozy. | 相当难办啊 |
[14:03] | You’ve been in here six hours. | 你们都在这儿坐了六个小时了 |
[14:04] | We don’t hear any talking. | 也没听见你们说话的声音 |
[14:06] | The bay window’s broken. | 凸窗坏了 |
[14:08] | What’s up? | 发生了什么事 |
[14:09] | I got asked to the semi-formal. | 我被邀请去参加舞会了 |
[14:11] | Oh, Lucas got around to it? | 卢卡斯终于开口了 |
[14:12] | No, Lucas assumed we were going. | 不是 卢卡斯以为不用问 |
[14:14] | I got asked by Charlie. | 邀请我的是查理 |
[14:16] | Gardner? | 加德纳 |
[14:17] | I like him. | 我喜欢他 |
[14:18] | Little quiet, so far. | 就是有点安静 |
[14:20] | So, why aren’t you dressed? | 那你为啥郁闷 |
[14:23] | Because I kinda made up a story and said I couldn’t go. | 因为我编了个借口说我不能参加 |
[14:26] | And Lucas overheard, and now Sally’s in a pickle! | 不小心被卢卡斯听到了 于是就陷入了窘境 |
[14:28] | What is that? What are you doing? What is that? | 什么情况 你俩这是在干啥呢 啥意思啊 |
[14:30] | I’m never stopping. Cheese souffle! | 我是不会停下的 奶酪蛋奶酥 |
[14:34] | Listen, Riley… | 听着 莱丽 |
[14:38] | I’m disappointed you felt you had to make up a story. | 你不得不编了借口我很遗憾 |
[14:40] | What’s wrong with Charlie? | 查理怎么了 |
[14:42] | Nothing. It’s just, he’s kinda– | 没怎么 只是 有点 |
[14:44] | swell! | 漂亮 |
[14:46] | I just had this vision in my head | 我只是已经在脑子里描绘出 |
[14:48] | about how the semi-formal was supposed to go. | 舞会应该出现的景象了 |
[14:50] | How Lucas would ask, the dress I would wear, | 卢卡斯会如何邀请我 我会穿什么样的礼服 |
[14:54] | the corsage he would give me. | 他会送我什么样的胸花 |
[14:55] | Riley didn’t do anything wrong. | 莱丽没做错什么 |
[14:57] | No? | 是吗 |
[14:59] | No. | 是啊 |
[14:59] | I think she’s just… | 我想她只是 |
[15:02] | Confused about how she feels. | 有点搞不清自己的感受了 |
[15:04] | How am I supposed to feel, Maya? | 我应该是什么感受呢 玛雅 |
[15:06] | I like Lucas, don’t I? | 我喜欢卢卡斯啊 不是吗 |
[15:08] | You were me. How did I feel when you were me? | 如果换做是你呢 你会是什么感受 |
[15:11] | What are me and Lucas? | 我和卢卡斯算什么 |
[15:15] | Just tell me what to say. | 告诉我该说什么 |
[15:16] | You know something. Tell me. | 你是有想法的 告诉我 |
[15:21] | Go to the dance. | 去参加舞会 |
[15:22] | I can’t. They’re gonna punish me. | 不行啊 他们会惩罚我的 |
[15:24] | Go to the dance. | 去参加舞会 |
[15:25] | They’re not gonna punish me. | 他们不会惩罚我的 |
[15:27] | Actually, we kinda are. | 事实上 会有一点小惩罚 |
[15:30] | How? | 怎么惩罚 |
[15:32] | Well, Lucas and Charlie are both gonna be at the dance. | 卢卡斯和查理会同时出现在舞会上 |
[15:34] | You need to face them, Riley. | 你得去面对他们 莱丽 |
[15:36] | You’ve got choices to make. | 你要做出选择 |
[15:39] | Oh, boy. | 天哪 |
[15:41] | All right, I’ll go. | 好吧 我去 |
[15:44] | What color goes with shame? | 什么颜色的衣服跟羞愧相配 |
[15:51] | Riles, look, big turnout. | 小莱 看 挺不错的嘛 |
[15:52] | Good. Maybe there’s a chance I won’t run into either of them. | 挺好 说不定我不会碰上他们俩 |
[15:57] | Oh, this is my punishment. | 我的惩罚来了 |
[16:00] | My parents are smart. | 我父母真聪明 |
[16:02] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[16:03] | Riley, dance? | 莱丽 跳舞吗 |
[16:04] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[16:05] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不不不不 |
[16:06] | Riley’s busy. I’ll dance with you. | 莱丽很忙 我来跟你跳 |
[16:08] | That works for me. You’re Riley or Maya. | 我没意见 莱丽或者玛雅都行 |
[16:11] | I owe you both an apology. | 我该向你们俩道歉的 |
[16:14] | If we didn’t know who you really are, Riley, then maybe you would. | 如果我们俩不了解你是谁的话 你可能是该道歉 莱丽 |
[16:16] | You don’t owe me anything. | 你什么也不欠我 |
[16:18] | So, you guys are both just gonna let me off the hook? | 也就是说 你们俩不会让我付出任何代价吗 |
[16:20] | Mmm… not really. | 嗯 也不能这么说 |
[16:22] | Well, then what are you gonna do? | 那你们准备怎么办 |
[16:24] | Well, see, I talked to Charlie, | 是这样 我跟查理聊过了 |
[16:26] | ’cause, you know, I thought he should have known better than to ask you to this dance. | 因为我觉得他不该草率地邀请你参加这次舞会 |
[16:29] | Yeah, but when I explained the whole | 嗯 不过我跟他解释了 |
[16:31] | “10 months, five months, week before the dance” thing was kinda disrespectful, | 你“舞会前十个月 五个月 一周”还不邀请你就比较失礼 |
[16:33] | -we decided– -well, no, Charlie. | -我们决定 -呃 不对 查理 |
[16:35] | I think what we came up with is that it wasn’t so much disrespectful | 我觉得咱俩都应该同意 既然我和我的朋友莱丽 |
[16:37] | as it was an assumed understanding between my friend Riley and me | 早就互相明白 这场舞会自然应当是我们俩一起参加 |
[16:40] | that we would, you know, naturally go to this dance together. | 那么我的做法就算不上失礼 |
[16:42] | Which is when I said | 这个时候我就说 |
[16:44] | that the semi-formal deserves a little extra effort, | 对这场半正式舞会理应多投入一点努力 |
[16:46] | like balloons and roses and Yogi on skates. | 比如气球啊 玫瑰花 滑旱冰的尤吉等等 |
[16:49] | Yeah, well… | 行吧 |
[16:50] | You know what? I gotta give you points for that. | 知道么 这一点我挺佩服你的 |
[16:52] | -That was a good one. -Thanks, man. | -确实做得不错 -谢了 哥们儿 |
[16:53] | After I saw you put her on a white horse, I knew I had to bring it. | 我看到你让她骑上白马 我就知道我也得做出点姿态来 |
[16:58] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[17:00] | What is going on here? | 这是干什么呢 |
[17:01] | I really like this guy, Riley. He’s all right. | 我很喜欢这家伙 他挺好的 |
[17:04] | -Yeah, new friendship. -Thanks to you. | -是啊 新朋友 -多亏了你 |
[17:07] | Wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[17:10] | What do I do here? | 我在这儿干什么呢 |
[17:11] | Oh, well, that’s up to you, Riley. | 这个你自己决定啊 莱丽 |
[17:13] | Yeah. Why make it easy for you? | 是啊 我们为什么要替你解决难题呢 |
[17:23] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[17:24] | Are you kidding me? | 你跟我开玩笑吧 |
[17:25] | You brought me to a school dance? | 带我来参加学校舞会 |
[17:27] | No, Jack, I brought you back in time. | 不 杰克 我是带你穿越时光 |
[17:29] | See, look… | 你看 |
[17:31] | There’s Feeny. | 那是菲尼 |
[17:32] | Cory! | 科瑞 |
[17:36] | -Jack? -‘Sup buddy! | -杰克 -好啊 哥们儿 |
[17:40] | How’s life treating you? | 你过得怎么样 |
[17:41] | Well, you know, I’m at a middle school dance, | 还用问么 我来到一场学校的舞会上 |
[17:44] | and your brother’s my date. | 你哥哥是我的舞伴 |
[17:46] | So, nothing’s changed. | 看来一切都是老样子 |
[17:47] | Guys, do you remember? | 两位 你们还记得吗 |
[17:49] | We used to be just like them. | 我们以前就跟他们一样 |
[17:50] | I remember us every day. | 当初的每一天我都记得 |
[17:53] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们在这儿干嘛呢 |
[17:56] | I wanted to bring him back to a time when life was a little less complicated. | 我想让他回忆一下生活不那么复杂的日子 |
[17:59] | I thought it was either gonna be | 我本来以为我所要面临的 |
[18:00] | the front of my notebook or the back of my notebook, | 不是我笔记本的正面就是笔记本的反面 |
[18:02] | but now there’s another guy, | 可是现在又出现了一个男生 |
[18:03] | so I think I’m gonna need to get a whole new notebook | 所以我觉得我可能需要一个全新的笔记本了 |
[18:05] | because Maya won’t tell me how I feel. | 因为玛雅不告诉我应该有什么感受 |
[18:09] | Adults have it easy, dad. | 成年人看起来都很自在 爸爸 |
[18:11] | All you decide is what’s for dinner and what to put the thermostat at. | 你们要决定的不过是晚饭吃什么 什么地方放恒温器 |
[18:13] | 92 92! | |
[18:14] | That’s why all the polar bears left. | 所以北极熊才不见了 |
[18:16] | I’m the one who global warmed them. | 是我导致的全球变暖 |
[18:19] | Dad? Wait, this is your daughter? | 爸爸 等等 这是你女儿 |
[18:23] | -Hi, I’m Riley. -Hi. | -嗨 我是莱丽 -嗨 |
[18:24] | Oh, hi, Riley, it’s a pleasure to meet you. | 你好 莱丽 很高兴见到你 |
[18:26] | What is it like having a daughter, man? | 有个女儿的感觉怎么样啊 哥们儿 |
[18:28] | How do you like two people differently? | 该怎样以不同的方式喜欢两个人呢 |
[18:31] | Jack, you wanna know what it’s like having a daughter? | 杰克 你不是想知道有女儿的感觉么 |
[18:34] | Why don’t you take this one? | 这个问题你来试试呗 |
[18:36] | Oh, buddy. | 天哪 |
[18:38] | Okay, there was once this girl who had to make a choice between Eric and me. | 好的 曾经有一个女孩 不得不在埃里克和我之间做出选择 |
[18:42] | She liked me as a boyfriend. | 她把我当作男朋友来喜欢 |
[18:44] | -And she liked me– -How? | -她也喜欢我 -怎么喜欢 |
[18:45] | How did she like you? | 她以什么方式喜欢你 |
[18:47] | She liked me as a brother. | 她把我当作兄弟来喜欢 |
[18:53] | Are you two still friends? | 你和她还是朋友吗 |
[18:55] | You know what? I haven’t seen her in a really long time. | 说实话 我已经很长时间没见到她了 |
[18:57] | Are you two still friends? | 你跟她还是朋友吗 |
[19:00] | Yeah, we talk all the time. | 是啊 我们俩经常聊天 |
[19:01] | She and I are still great friends. | 她跟我还是很好的朋友 |
[19:03] | Keep your friends around as long as you can. | 要让你的朋友尽可能久地陪在你身边 |
[19:06] | That’s the best choice you can make. | 这就是最好的选择 |
[19:10] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[19:11] | Riley, you got a lot to think about. | 莱丽 你得好好想一想 |
[19:14] | Why don’t you go dance with your friends? | 去跟你的朋友们跳舞吧 |
[19:19] | Man… | 天哪 |
[19:22] | Keeping you around was always the best choice I ever made, wasn’t it? | 跟你保持友谊是我做过的最棒的选择 你说是不是 |
[19:25] | Yeah. I gotta go. | 是啊 我得走了 |
[19:30] | Hey, everybody. Hi. | 嘿 各位 大家好 |
[19:32] | You all helped to get me elected, | 你们帮我当选 |
[19:34] | so I wanted to do something a little bit special for you. | 所以我想特意为你们做一点事情 |
[19:37] | So, ladies and gentlemen, all the way from kangarootown, | 女士们先生们 欢迎来自袋鼠的故乡的 |
[19:40] | Sheppard. | 谢泼德乐队 |
[19:44] | Hey, guys, we’re Sheppard. | 大家好 我们是谢泼德乐队 |
[19:46] | Now, everybody grab your dates and hit the floor! | 大家拉上各自的舞伴跳进舞池吧 |
[19:50] | Can you feel it? | 你能感受到吗 |
[19:52] | Now it’s coming back | 现在它又回来了 |
[19:54] | we can steal it | 我们可以将其拿下 |
[19:55] | if we bridge this gap | 只要我们弥合间隙 |
[19:57] | I can see you through the curtains of the waterfall | 我能透过瀑布水帘看见你 |
[20:04] | so, say Geronimo | 那就快说杰罗尼莫 |
[20:06] | say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[20:08] | say Geronimo, say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[20:11] | say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[20:13] | say Geronimo, say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[20:17] | can you feel my love? | 你能感受到我的爱吗 |
[20:21] | Can you feel my love? | 你能感受到我的爱吗 |
[20:25] | Bombs away, bombs away | 快点出发 快点出发 |
[20:29] | Why did you assume we were going to the dance | 既然咱们俩还没有正式在一起 |
[20:31] | if we’re not officially together? | 你为什么会觉得咱们要一起参加舞会 |
[20:33] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[20:34] | Why would you make a big deal about it if we’re not officially together? | 你为什么会把咱们俩有没有正式在一起看得那么重要 |
[20:36] | Why would you make such a big deal about me asking her | 既然你们你们没有正式在一起 |
[20:38] | if you’re not officially together? | 你为什么要把我邀请她看得那么重要 |
[20:40] | Yeah, no, I don’t do that. | 呃 不不 我不这样跳 |
[20:42] | Why would you be dancing with me if you’re officially a huckleberry? | 你既然是个名副其实的小越橘 为什么还要跟我跳舞 |
[20:46] | No, I’m not dancing with you. | 没有啊 我没跟你跳舞 |
[20:51] | How you doin’? | 你好啊 |
[20:54] | I hate to break it to you, cowboy, but you’re still dancing with me, | 我不想这么说 牛仔 但你还是在跟我跳舞 |
[20:57] | and Riley’s dancing with that guy. | 而莱丽在跟那家伙跳舞 |
[21:00] | I’m sorry everything didn’t work out as planned, Charlie. | 很抱歉一切都没按计划进行 查理 |
[21:03] | Hey, I’m here, and we’re dancing. | 嘿 我不是在这儿么 而且咱们在跳舞 |
[21:05] | -We’re all dancing. -We’re all friends. | -我们都在跳舞 -我们都在跳舞 |
[21:07] | What else is there to figure out? | 还有什么问题吗 |
[21:15] | so, say Geronimo | 那就快说杰罗尼莫 |
[21:17] | say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[21:19] | say Geronimo, say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[21:22] | say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[21:24] | say Geronimo, say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[21:27] | say Geronimo | 快说杰罗尼莫 |
[21:29] | can you feel… | 你能感受到 |
[21:32] | …my love? | 我的爱吗 |
[21:35] | Bombs away, bombs away | 快点出发 快点出发 |
[21:39] | Bombs away, bombs away | 快点出发 快点出发 |
[21:42] | can you feel… | 你能感受到 |
[21:45] | Make this leap | 纵情一跃 |
[21:47] | …my love? | 我的爱吗 |
[21:52] | Make this leap | 纵情一跃 |
[21:55] | can you feel… | 你能感受到 |
[22:02] | …my love? | 我的爱吗 |
[22:13] | Hi. I’m Senator Eric Matthews, | 大家好 我是参议员埃里克·马修斯 |
[22:15] | and this is my niche, Riley. | 这是我侄女莱丽 |
[22:17] | Hi. | 大家好 |
[22:18] | And her friend, mayonnaise. | 她的朋友 蛋黄酱 |
[22:19] | You’re not even trying anymore. | 你根本没打算把我的名字说对 |
[22:20] | When I was a kid like them, | 当我还像她们一样大的时候 |
[22:22] | there used to be polar bears all over New York City. | 纽约市到处都是北极熊 |
[22:24] | But now, because of “uh-oh, we broke the earth,” | 可是现在 由于“诶呀 我们把地球玩坏了” |
[22:28] | these bears have been forced to move to places | 这些熊被迫迁徙到了其他地方 |
[22:30] | their travel agents told them were colder, | 旅行社说那些地方会更冷一些 |
[22:32] | but aren’t anymore. | 但现在已经不是这样了 |
[22:34] | Help me make the right decisions. | 帮我做出正确的决定吧 |
[22:36] | Let’s make the world cold where it’s supposed to be. | 我们一起让世界上该冷的地方继续冷下去 |
[22:40] | It’s the warm thing to do. | 这是一件温暖人心的事情 |
[22:42] | This message is brought to you by… my heart. | 这条信息是发自肺腑的 |