时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | I’m better than you now. | 我现在画得比你好 |
[00:13] | I am Riley, the artist, | 我是大艺术家莱丽 |
[00:15] | and you are Maya, the artist’s best friend. | 而你是大艺术家的闺蜜玛雅 |
[00:20] | Thank you for working on light and shadow, Maya. | 你的光影画得不错 玛雅 |
[00:23] | Yeah, I look around outside now. | 对 我现在经常看外面的景色 |
[00:25] | I watch the light move during the day. | 我早上会看着光线移动 |
[00:27] | Thanks for teaching me that, Ms. Kossal. | 谢谢你教我这个方法 克索尔老师 |
[00:31] | Hey. Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[00:33] | I get emotional when I’m around talent. | 看到有天分的人 我就会感动 |
[00:39] | And now I’m fine. | 我现在没事了 |
[00:44] | Come on! | 别这样嘛 |
[00:45] | What did I tell you about only using purple? | 我不是说过不许只用紫色吗 |
[00:47] | -Are we gonna do this again? -Why is everything purple? | -又要说这事吗 -为什么整幅画都是紫色 |
[00:50] | Because you hide the purple from me and I find it! | 因为你把紫色藏起来 但被我找到啦 |
[00:53] | Are you finger painting? | 你在画手指画吗 |
[00:54] | I believe you favor Maya over me. | 我觉得你偏心玛雅 不喜欢我 |
[00:56] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[00:57] | Well, let’s explore that. | 咱们来研究一下 |
[00:59] | Let’s see if I have unfairly judged you. | 看看我有没有说错你 |
[01:02] | -Today’s assignment… -Uh-huh. | -今天要画的 -嗯 |
[01:03] | -was the doorways of New York. -Yep. Yep. | -是纽约的门廊 -对 |
[01:05] | You were asked to specifically focus on… | 我要求你着重关注 |
[01:07] | Unique doorknobs. Uh-huh. Yeah. | 独特的门把手 嗯 对 |
[01:10] | -and paint it from memory. -I did. | -按照记忆来画 -照做了呀 |
[01:11] | You painted a cat. | 你画了只猫 |
[01:13] | -It’s a door. -It’s a cat. | -这是扇门 -这是只猫 |
[01:14] | The whole thing’s a door. | 连着画板就是扇门 |
[01:16] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[01:18] | Okay, I’ll come back later. | 好 我等会儿再来 |
[01:21] | Don’t let the cat out. | 别让猫跑出来 |
[01:24] | Maya has something very special, Riley. | 玛雅画的就很特别 莱丽 |
[01:28] | She paints from a place that few of us are able to reach. | 她画了一个很少人能到达的地方 |
[01:30] | That’s because she has an awful life. | 因为她过得很糟 |
[01:32] | I love it when I’m reminded. | 我喜欢别人提醒我 |
[01:33] | Take a look at Maya’s work. | 看看玛雅的画作 |
[01:37] | I want to know what’s behind that door. | 我想知道门后的风景 |
[01:38] | So does the artist… | 艺术家也想知道 |
[01:40] | Because I think it’s been closed to her up until now. | 因为我觉得这扇门现在才为她打开 |
[01:43] | I’m gonna get you in that door, Maya. | 我要让你进到那扇门里 玛雅 |
[01:45] | Oh, I know you are, Riley. | 我知道你能做到 莱丽 |
[01:46] | Good. Because it’s Maya’s last painting. | 好 因为这是玛雅的最后一幅画 |
[01:51] | W-wait, why is it my last painting? | 等等 为什么这么说 |
[01:53] | Well, it’s your last one for me, you beautiful girl. | 这是你画给我的最后一幅画 小美女 |
[01:56] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[01:59] | Our school is running out of money. | 我们学校资金短缺 |
[02:02] | They’re cutting art and music classes, | 他们要停掉美术课和音乐课 |
[02:04] | effective after the next school board meeting. | 下一次校董会开会后生效 |
[02:06] | What? | 什么 |
[02:07] | How will Maya learn? What comes after light and shadow? | 那玛雅怎么学画画 光影之后教什么啊 |
[02:09] | What about you, Riley? | 你怎么办 莱丽 |
[02:10] | Who cares about me? I stink. | 谁管我啊 我画得这么丑 |
[02:12] | What about Maya? | 玛雅怎么办 |
[02:13] | And what about drama? | 那戏剧课呢 |
[02:14] | My one-year suspension from not being able to audition | 我一年不许试镜任何戏剧的禁令 |
[02:16] | for any of the plays ends on Tuesday. | 周二就能解除了 |
[02:17] | -I’m gonna be Pippin! -They’re not putting on Pippin. | -我要演丕平 -他们不上演《丕平》 |
[02:19] | I’m gonna be Pippin in whatever they’re doing. | 我要在随便啥剧里面演丕平 |
[02:22] | Nobody better cut my ballet. | 最好别砍我的芭蕾课 |
[02:26] | Yeah, that’s right– ballet. | 你们没听错 就是芭蕾 |
[02:27] | That’s why I’m so sinewy. | 所以我才这么精壮 |
[02:30] | Sinewy? | 精壮 |
[02:31] | Hey, you spend your time hitting baseballs, | 你花时间去打棒球 |
[02:33] | I spend my time lifting beautiful girls. | 我花时间去举起美女 |
[02:36] | Ms. Hart? | 哈特小姐 |
[02:37] | Shall we dance? | 能请你跳支舞吗 |
[02:40] | We shall not. | 看来不行 |
[02:43] | Ballet– gone. | 芭蕾课没了 |
[02:44] | Art, music… | 美术课 音乐课 |
[02:46] | Drama, dance, all of it– | 戏剧课 舞蹈课 全都 |
[02:49] | gone. | 没了 |
[02:57] | Maya? | 玛雅 |
[02:58] | It’s okay, Riles. | 没事 小莱 |
[03:01] | Just another door closed. | 上帝又关了一扇门而已 |
[03:11] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[03:15] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[03:20] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[03:24] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[03:28] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[03:32] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[03:36] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[03:41] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[03:44] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[03:49] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:52] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:56] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[04:01] | The dark ages– | 黑暗时代 |
[04:03] | they’re cutting art class and you want to talk about the dark ages? | 学校要砍掉美术课 你居然在这说什么黑暗时代 |
[04:06] | The dark ages was a time of cultural deterioration. | 黑暗时代是一个文化衰落的时期 |
[04:09] | What does that have to do with me? | 关我什么事 |
[04:11] | The dark ages was the decline of the creative spirit of an entire continent. | 黑暗时代指的是整块欧洲大陆创新精神的衰退 |
[04:16] | What about me? | 我怎么办 |
[04:19] | The dark ages is when they cut the art class | 黑暗时代指的就是现在学校 |
[04:20] | at this middle school right now. | 要砍掉美术课 |
[04:22] | And you, Maya Hart– yes, you, Maya Hart, | 而你 玛雅·哈特 就是你 |
[04:24] | the one I’m looking at right here– | 我正盯着的这位 |
[04:26] | can’t paint anymore. | 没法再画画了 |
[04:28] | You know, a good teacher lets the students get there on their own. | 你知道吗 一位好老师要引导学生自主学习 |
[04:33] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[04:35] | Riley, if you put another purple cat on our fridge, | 莱丽 如果你再在冰箱上放一张紫猫画 |
[04:38] | I swear I’m moving to Brooklyn. | 我保证搬去布鲁克林住 |
[04:39] | Scratch my nose. | 挠下我的鼻子 |
[04:42] | I won’t be dry until math, and Mrs. Kravitz scratches | 我的手要到数学课才干 克拉维茨老师好像 |
[04:45] | my nose like she doesn’t want to. | 不是很想帮我挠 |
[04:51] | That’s like a daddy would. | 爸爸最好了 |
[04:54] | So… | 那 |
[04:55] | Why were the dark ages dark, Pippin? | 黑暗时代为什么会出现呢 丕平 |
[04:57] | People lost interest in art and music | 人们对美术音乐不再感兴趣 |
[04:58] | because it was taken away from them. | 因为教会剥夺了教徒的艺术权利 |
[05:00] | Well, I don’t want that for Maya. | 我不想让这种事发生在玛雅身上 |
[05:01] | I want Maya to be happy. | 我希望玛雅开心 |
[05:05] | Hey, Maya, it looks like Lucas here’s gettin’ all | 嘿玛雅 看来卢卡斯为了帮你说话 |
[05:07] | fired up on your behalf. | 激动到不行啊 |
[05:09] | Thank you, Lucas. But it’s just an art class. | 谢谢你卢卡斯 但只是美术课而已 |
[05:12] | I feel bad. | 我很难过 |
[05:13] | They’re taking away something you’re very good at. | 他们要剥夺你很擅长的东西 |
[05:15] | -You’ve never said that to me before. -I’ve said it. | -你从来没对我说过这种话 -我说过 |
[05:17] | Yeah, but not, like straight to my face when you were looking at me. | 是说过 但没有直视我的眼睛说出来 |
[05:19] | -I can’t remember you actually l– -you’re a great artist, Maya. | -我都不记得你真的有 -你是个很棒的艺术家 玛雅 |
[05:23] | Well, he lookin’ at you now. | 他现在不就直视你了吗 |
[05:26] | You have a real talent. | 你真的有天赋 |
[05:28] | And I want you to be able to get better and share it with people. | 我很希望你能画得更好 展示给大家看 |
[05:32] | Now they’re just lookin’ at each other and not sayin’ nothin’. | 他们现在就光盯着不说话 |
[05:35] | Are they saying anything? | 他们在说话吗 |
[05:37] | No? | 没有吗 |
[05:38] | Well, I wonder that they’re thinkin’. | 我想知道他们在想什么 |
[05:41] | I don’t want them to take away your art class, Maya. | 我不希望他们砍掉你的美术课 玛雅 |
[05:44] | Bay window! | 窗边谈话 |
[05:46] | Bay window right in five hours. | 五小时后窗边谈话 |
[05:50] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:51] | Who’s gonna do something about art class? | 有没有谁想挽救一下美术课 |
[05:53] | -I’m sure that’ll be Riley. -Nope. | -肯定是莱丽 -不是 |
[05:55] | Well, I know you guys would like me to step in here– | 我知道你们想让我插手 |
[05:57] | Nope. | 不用 |
[05:58] | This is bigger than you, dad. | 这事你帮不上 爸爸 |
[06:00] | You’re right. This is. | 对 我确实帮不上 |
[06:02] | In fact, this decision comes directly from the New York City school board. | 其实这个决定是纽约市教育委员会直接下达的 |
[06:06] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 我不是指这个 |
[06:08] | If they’re gonna put us in the dark ages, | 既然他们要重演黑暗时代 |
[06:10] | then who’s gonna get us out? | 谁又能救我们出去呢 |
[06:13] | Funny thing about that. | 这事挺有趣 |
[06:14] | You know who did get us out? | 你们知道谁救我们出去吗 |
[06:16] | -Artists. -Ah. | -艺术家 -啊 |
[06:18] | Michaelangelo, Da Vinci… | 米开朗琪罗 达芬奇 |
[06:21] | there was an explosion of creativity called the renaissance. | 创造力井喷似的爆发 人们称之为文艺复兴 |
[06:25] | Maya, I would think you’d have something to say about that. | 玛雅 我以为你会想说些什么 |
[06:28] | Cut the art classes, don’t cut the art classes. | 砍掉美术课 不砍美术课 |
[06:30] | What have I ever been able to do about my life? | 我能够左右自己的人生吗 |
[06:32] | And now my little purple friend will go crazy. | 现在我的紫色小伙伴要疯了 |
[06:34] | Not this time, Maya. | 这次不会 玛雅 |
[06:36] | You’re the artist, and I’m just the artist’s best friend. | 你是大艺术家 我只是大艺术家的闺蜜 |
[06:49] | You think you’re gonna outlast me? | 你觉得你能坚持得比我久吗 |
[06:51] | You think I’m gonna do something? | 你觉得我应该做点什么吗 |
[06:53] | You think I’d actually care about something? | 你觉得我在乎这些吗 |
[06:55] | I don’t care what you care about. | 我不在乎你在乎的事 |
[07:00] | You’re gonna break first, and you’re gonna fix this whole thing | 你肯定会先爆发 然后把一切都搞定 |
[07:02] | somehow because you can’t help yourself! | 因为你根本忍不住 |
[07:04] | You know, for somebody who doesn’t care, | 像你这样一个什么都不在乎的人 |
[07:05] | you are most certainly talking to me in all caps. | 你现在这个说话状态等于自带下划线 |
[07:09] | I will never be a great artist. | 我永远当不了大艺术家 |
[07:11] | You’re probably right. | 也许你说得对 |
[07:14] | You don’t believe in me? | 你不相信我吗 |
[07:15] | Not if you won’t. | 你不信我怎么信 |
[07:17] | Well, I can’t, Riley. You know? | 我做不到 莱丽 你知道吗 |
[07:19] | It’s just ’cause don’t believe, don’t get hurt. | 因为期望越大 失望越大 |
[07:21] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:22] | Yeah, you’re probably right. Be safe. | 对 也许你说的对 稳妥点好 |
[07:24] | You’re right, I’m wrong. Be safe. | 你说得对 是我错了 稳妥点好 |
[07:26] | Let’s just go to a movie or read a book | 我们去看电影 读书 |
[07:28] | or maybe listen to some music. | 或者听歌吧 |
[07:31] | You mean let’s just go to art, or read some art, | 你是说我们去看艺术读艺术 |
[07:33] | or listen to some art, | 或者听艺术 |
[07:35] | because movies and books and music are art? | 因为电影 书籍 音乐全是艺术吗 |
[07:37] | I do go outside, Riley. | 我的确看到了外面的世界 莱丽 |
[07:38] | I watch the light move during the day. | 我观察白天光线的移动 |
[07:40] | And you know what happens at 5:30? | 你知道五点半时会发生什么吗 |
[07:42] | You turn gold. | 你会沐浴在金色的光芒中 |
[07:43] | Everything is more beautiful at the beginning and the end of the day, | 所有的事物都在每一天的开始与结束时美轮美奂 |
[07:45] | and I want people to see that. | 我想让人们看到这样的景色 |
[07:46] | I want to capture that. | 我想把它画下来 |
[07:49] | I didn’t mean to believe in something. | 我并不是想相信什么东西 |
[07:51] | I know you didn’t, peaches. | 我知道 小家伙 |
[07:55] | But I do. | 但我真的愿意相信 |
[07:57] | And you knew it. | 而且你知道 |
[07:58] | You knew this was in me. | 你知道我是这么想的 |
[08:00] | -Mm-hmm. -You did it. | -嗯 -你做到了 |
[08:01] | You broke me. I broke first. | 你击垮了我 先投降的人是我 |
[08:03] | This is the first time this has ever happened! | 这还是第一次 |
[08:05] | How close were you to breaking? | 你还能撑多久 |
[08:07] | I almost died! | 我都快憋死了 |
[08:10] | I’m so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[08:12] | Me too, you! | 我也为你自豪 |
[08:13] | Something is finally important to you. | 总算有对你重要的东西了 |
[08:15] | – Yeah. – How come? | -是啊 -怎么会呢 |
[08:17] | Because I don’t want to live in a world of stupid purple cats! | 因为我不想住在一个满是紫色蠢猫的世界里 |
[08:19] | No, wait. What? | 等等 你说什么 |
[08:22] | We need a plan. | 我们要定一个计划 |
[08:24] | You got a plan? | 你有计划吗 |
[08:25] | Do I have a plan? | 我有计划吗 |
[08:27] | Gee, I only have about nine of them. | 拜托 我只有九个计划 |
[08:29] | And each plan has a little sub-plan | 而且每个计划下都有一个分支计划 |
[08:31] | and each sub-plan has a little baby plan. | 每个分支计划下又有一个子计划 |
[08:34] | Do I have a plan? | 你觉得我有计划吗 |
[08:36] | ‘Kay. What’s your plan? | 好的 你的计划是什么 |
[08:40] | Mommy! | 妈妈 |
[08:41] | What’s our plan? | 我们的计划是什么 |
[08:43] | I’m sorry, girls. | 对不起 孩子们 |
[08:44] | I can’t wave a magical lawyer wand this time. | 这次我没法挥舞法律魔杖了 |
[08:46] | The schools only get so much money every year. | 学校每年得到的资金是固定的 |
[08:48] | It’s not a legal issue. | 这里不存在法律问题 |
[08:49] | They can spend it on whatever they see fit. | 他们可以把钱花在自己认为合适的地方 |
[08:51] | Are you telling us to give up? | 你是在让我们放弃吗 |
[08:53] | Would I ever tell you to do that? | 我让你们放弃过吗 |
[08:56] | No. | 没有 |
[08:57] | So, what are you telling us? | 那你想说的是什么 |
[08:58] | You have an opponent. | 你们有一个对手 |
[09:00] | Your opponent is thinking logically. | 这个对手的思维符合逻辑 |
[09:01] | If you think logically, you’re gonna lose the creative arts. | 如果和他们一样 那你们就会失去充满创造力的艺术 |
[09:04] | Okay, but are they right? | 好吧 但他们是对的吗 |
[09:06] | Are academics so much more valuable than the arts | 学术的价值真的比艺术高出这么多吗 |
[09:08] | that we should just let them do this to us? | 难道只能眼睁睁看着他们对我们这么做吗 |
[09:10] | Do you guys like it? | 你们喜欢吗 |
[09:12] | I do, Auggie. I love it. | 我喜欢 奥吉 很喜欢 |
[09:15] | No one should take it away from you. | 没人能把它从你身边抢走 |
[09:17] | Someone’s going to take it away from me? | 有人要抢走它吗 |
[09:19] | No. | 不会的 |
[09:20] | Let’s get ’em. | 我们去抓他们吧 |
[09:22] | Let’s get ’em. | 我们去抓他们吧 |
[09:31] | Maya, I’m really proud of you for deciding to do something | 玛雅 你能决定为自己的未来做些事 |
[09:34] | about your future. | 我很骄傲 |
[09:38] | You guys left me out there to die. | 你们就把我扔在外面等死 |
[09:50] | You brought me here to watch this? | 你们带我到这儿来看这个 |
[09:52] | Enjoying the show, Uncle Jonathan? | 享受这场演出吧 乔纳森叔叔 |
[09:53] | No, I’m not. Matthews, why am I here? | 不 我不要 马修斯 我为什么在这儿 |
[09:56] | It was my idea. | 这是我的主意 |
[09:57] | If you’re gonna do this, then you should watch it happen. | 如果你要这么做 那就该看着它发生 |
[09:59] | Cory, why would you tell them I’m doing this? | 科瑞 你告诉她们是我要这么做的 |
[10:01] | Because you’re a bad, bad man, and I love it | 因为你是一个超级大坏蛋 |
[10:04] | when it’s somebody else’s fault. | 我就喜欢犯错的是别人 |
[10:06] | What are they gonna do with the art room | 艺术室要用来做什么 |
[10:07] | that’s more important than art? | 比艺术更重要的事 |
[10:09] | This will be a test taking class. | 上测试课 |
[10:11] | We need to be tested on how to take a test? | 我们为什么要测试自己怎么测试 |
[10:13] | We’re testing it out. | 这就是我们要测试的 |
[10:14] | Why do you hate art so much? | 你为什么这么讨厌艺术 |
[10:15] | Matthews! | 马修斯 |
[10:17] | Girls, I am not for this. | 孩子们 我并不支持这件事 |
[10:19] | What? | 什么 |
[10:21] | My hands are tied. | 我无能为力 |
[10:22] | I’m the superintendent of schools. | 我是学校的主管 |
[10:24] | I answer to the panel for educational policy. | 我只是按教育政策制定小组的要求做事 |
[10:27] | I mean, all this, it comes from them. | 这些都是他们的主意 |
[10:29] | I’m not the enemy here. | 你们的敌人不是我 |
[10:31] | Yes, he is. | 就是他 |
[10:32] | Matthews! | 马修斯 |
[10:33] | Turner! | 特纳 |
[10:36] | You wouldn’t get rid of this? | 你们不能把它处理掉吗 |
[10:39] | Ah, I’d get rid of that forever. | 啊 我这辈子都不想看到它 |
[10:44] | But that’s a real loss. | 但这真是太可惜了 |
[10:56] | Well, you are harder to watch than usual. | 我都不敢看你们的脸了 |
[10:59] | I mean, all broken and pouty and stuff. | 这种心碎生气的表情 |
[11:03] | Lucas used to call me in Texas and tell me about you guys. | 卢卡斯经常打来德州 告诉我你们的事 |
[11:06] | You were legends. | 他说你们是传奇人物 |
[11:08] | The genius who’s loyal and kind… | 是忠诚善良的好人 |
[11:11] | The blond beauty… | 是金发美人 |
[11:12] | Lucas talks about himself like that? | 卢卡斯是这么说自己的 |
[11:16] | He was talking about you. | 他说的是你 |
[11:22] | He said you were all full of fire. | 他说你们都充满热情 |
[11:24] | And the pretty brunette who never gives up | 那个深色头发的美女从来不放弃 |
[11:26] | on anyone or anything. | 任何人 任何事 |
[11:27] | And no sacrifice is too big for her friends. | 她愿意为了朋友两肋插刀 |
[11:30] | But you’ve all given up. | 但你们都放弃了 |
[11:31] | Where’s the fire? | 热情去哪儿了 |
[11:33] | Because I don’t see any of it. | 我一点都看不到 |
[11:34] | You know what, Lucas? | 你知道吗 卢卡斯 |
[11:36] | These aren’t the people you told me about. | 她们和你说的一点也不一样 |
[11:38] | Yeah, except you’ve been here long enough to know that they are. | 那是因为你在这里的时间不长 不知道她们就是这样的人 |
[11:42] | Einstein said we cannot solve our problems | 爱因斯坦说 解决问题时不能用 |
[11:44] | with the same thinking we used when we created them. | 创造问题时的思维 |
[11:46] | Yeah. We need a different kind of thinking. | 是啊 我们需要换一种思维 |
[11:48] | Well, what’s another way to think? | 换哪种 |
[11:50] | We’re trying to save the creative arts. | 我们想拯救创造性的艺术 |
[11:52] | Why can’t we start thinking creatively? | 为什么不能以创造性的方式思考呢 |
[11:56] | There’s my little artist. | 这才是我的小艺术家 |
[12:03] | I’m asking you to slow down before this vote becomes final. | 我希望你们不要急着投这决定性的一票 |
[12:07] | Once these cuts are official, then art | 削减计划一旦通过 |
[12:10] | and music and drama and dance… they’re gone. | 艺术 音乐 戏剧 舞蹈 就一去不复返了 |
[12:14] | I mean, is that really acceptable? | 人们真的能接受吗 |
[12:17] | It’s not too late to do the right thing here. | 做正确的决定永远不算太晚 |
[12:20] | Thank you, Chairperson Sanchez. | 谢谢 桑切斯主席 |
[12:22] | Thank you, superintendent Turner. | 谢谢 特纳主管 |
[12:23] | That was a lovely, impassioned speech. | 这段演讲真是不错 慷慨激昂 |
[12:26] | Let me just check and see if it changed any of the numbers. | 让我看看票数有没有变化 |
[12:28] | No. I’m afraid not. | 恐怕没有 |
[12:32] | Our next speaker is Mr. Isaiah Babineaux. | 下一个发言的是艾赛亚·巴宾诺 |
[12:35] | Mr. Babineaux? | 巴宾诺先生 |
[12:41] | Hello, Chairperson. | 你好 主席 |
[12:43] | Thank you for seeing me. | 谢谢您愿意见我 |
[12:45] | You’re welcome, Mr. Babineaux. | 不用谢 巴宾诺先生 |
[12:48] | We are happy to see a young representative | 我们很高兴能见到学校的 |
[12:50] | of our school community, who is, I trust, | 年轻人代表 我相信 |
[12:52] | going to address us with great respect for our process. | 你能对我们的计划表现出极大的尊重 |
[12:55] | No. That’s not what’s gonna happen. | 这是不可能的 |
[13:01] | We couldn’t reach you with logic, | 我们在逻辑上驳不倒你们 |
[13:03] | so we decided to think… differently. | 所以我们只能换一种思维 |
[13:06] | Oh. Super. | 很好 |
[13:16] | Okay. Wait a second. What exactly are you gonna do? | 等等 你们到底要做什么 |
[13:28] | Oh, Mr. Friar. | 哦 弗莱尔先生 |
[13:30] | Yes, Mr. Babineaux? | 什么事 巴宾诺先生 |
[13:32] | I like this room | 我喜欢这个房间 |
[13:33] | this is a nice room | 这个房间很漂亮 |
[13:35] | so what do we do to a room if we want to kill the… | 我们该怎么对待这间房间呢 如果我们要杀死 |
[13:38] | A-r-t-s, arts? | 艺 术 艺术 |
[13:40] | We do this… | 我们会这么做 |
[13:44] | Gentlemen, what are you doing? | 先生们 你们在做什么 |
[13:45] | The same thing you’re doing to us. | 和你们对我们做的一样 |
[13:48] | Not as interesting a room anymore. | 这间屋子没有以前那么有意思了 |
[13:49] | Get the picture? | 懂了吗 |
[13:53] | That’s a very colorful scarf you’re wearing. | 你戴的丝巾真好看 |
[13:54] | – Thank you. – May I? | -谢谢你 -我能看看吗 |
[13:58] | A dance to the loss of purple. | 这支舞要献给即将失去的紫色 |
[14:24] | My name is Maya Hart. | 我叫玛雅·哈特 |
[14:26] | This committee relies on charts and graphs. | 既然这个委员会大量依赖图表 |
[14:28] | I have information to add to them. | 我有需要补充的信息 |
[14:29] | Please share it with us, Ms. Hart. | 请拿出来和我们分享 哈特小姐 |
[14:31] | You want numbers? | 你想要数据吗 |
[14:33] | The United States ranking in math, science and reading | 过去五十年里 美国在数学 科学 阅读上的排名 |
[14:35] | has done nothing but drop for the past 50 years. | 一直呈下降趋势 |
[14:37] | – Your proposal? – Get rid of ’em. | -你的建议是 -取消它们 |
[14:39] | Cut math, science and reading? | 把数学 科学 和阅读都取消 |
[14:41] | Why not? We stink at ’em. | 为什么不呢 我们太烂了 |
[14:43] | But you know what we’re number one at? | 但你知道我们在哪项上排第一吗 |
[14:46] | Movies and music! | 影视和音乐 |
[14:48] | People all over the world are inspired by our creativity. | 全球各地的人们被我们的创意所鼓舞 |
[14:51] | But hey, I don’t wanna get rid of anything. | 不过 可不是我想废除什么东西 |
[14:53] | You started it. | 是你们先开始的 |
[14:54] | My hands are tied. | 我也无能为力啊 |
[14:55] | Yeah, it’s so funny. | 这还真有意思 |
[14:56] | Everyone keeps saying that, but they’re not. | 大家都总是这么说 其实不然 |
[14:58] | Look at ’em. Your hands are free. | 看看吧 你觉得你束手束脚 |
[14:59] | You just think they’re tied. | 是因为这个想法根植于你脑海 |
[15:01] | I’m afraid you’re out of time. | 恐怕你没时间说了 |
[15:02] | We have a long list of speakers on the list today | 今天要发言的人多了去了 |
[15:04] | and we need to be getting back to them. | 得赶紧让他们发言 |
[15:05] | Topanga Matthews. | 托庞嘉·马修斯 |
[15:13] | I yield my time to these children. | 我把我的发言时间让渡给孩子们 |
[15:18] | Uh… Cory Matthews. | 呃 科瑞·马修斯 |
[15:20] | Yield. | 让渡 |
[15:21] | Gabriella Kossal. | 加布里埃拉·克索尔 |
[15:23] | Yield. | 让渡 |
[15:24] | Yes. Super. Okay. | 这下可好 行 |
[15:26] | Wouldn’t now be a good time for an adult point-of-view? | 现在让成年人来阐述观点难道不好吗 |
[15:29] | – Yield. -Oh, come on! | -让渡 -拜托 |
[15:32] | The adults have failed them. | 成年人让他们失望了 |
[15:33] | Especially superintendent Turner! | 尤其是那个叫特纳的学区主管 |
[15:37] | Matthews! | 马修斯 |
[15:44] | Oh, Mr. Farkle? | 法尔科先生 近来可好 |
[15:46] | Yes, Mr. freakface? | 怪脸先生 有何贵干 |
[15:48] | Although you are a scientist, | 虽然你是个科学家 |
[15:50] | we are also told that you have great creativity. | 我们还是听说你的创造力不可小觑 |
[15:52] | Why, yes. I sing and dance | 没错 我会唱歌跳舞 |
[15:54] | and am the greatest Pippin the stage has ever seen. | 还是有史以来舞台上出现过的最棒的丕平 |
[15:56] | I love Pippin. | 我可喜欢丕平了 |
[16:00] | May we see some of it, please? | 那我们能看你演演吗 |
[16:01] | No, you may not! There are | 这就办不到咯 |
[16:02] | no longer plays or concerts in this school. | 学校以后没有戏剧和音乐会了 |
[16:04] | Instead, I shall perform for you a list of prime numbers. | 我还是为大家背一串质数好了 |
[16:07] | Oh, that’s disappointing. | 这可就没啥意思了 |
[16:14] | Two. | 二 |
[16:17] | Three. | 三 |
[16:18] | Five. | 五 |
[16:19] | Seven. | 七 |
[16:20] | 11. | 十一 |
[16:22] | 13. | 十三 |
[16:23] | Boo! | 无聊 |
[16:25] | Okay, okay. I think we get your point, Mr. Farkle. | 好 好 法尔科先生 我们明白你的意思了 |
[16:26] | With all due respect, chairperson Sanchez, | 恕我冒犯 桑切斯主席 |
[16:28] | I don’t think you do. | 我觉得您没明白 |
[16:30] | And like I said, I can also do this. | 您信不信我还会踢踏舞 |
[16:37] | 17. | 十七 |
[16:39] | 19. | 十九 |
[16:41] | -23. -Boo! | -二十三 -无聊 |
[16:43] | I hate 23. | 我讨厌二十三 |
[16:46] | Let’s get ’em! | 看我不弄死你 |
[16:53] | Boo! | 无聊 |
[16:55] | Creativity feeds science, and science feeds creativity. | 科学的进步与创造力的发展是相辅相成的 |
[16:58] | That’s what you’re missing because you’re not thinking creatively. | 您没明白这点是因为您的思维方式缺乏创造性 |
[17:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:07] | I took all of my art off of the refrigerator. | 我把我贴在冰箱上的画都取下来了 |
[17:10] | Do you have kids? | 您有孩子吗 |
[17:11] | When you get home, | 等您回家后 |
[17:12] | please take their art off of the refrigerator, too. | 把他们的画也从冰箱上撕下去吧 |
[17:16] | Otherwise you’re hippopotamuses. | 不然您就是个喂君子 |
[17:19] | Hypocrites? | 是伪君子吧 |
[17:21] | Please don’t cut reading. | 请别断章取义 |
[17:26] | A dance in which a hippopotamus returns home | 当一位喂君子回到家中 |
[17:29] | to find his art taken from the refrigerator. | 发现他的画从冰箱上消失了 |
[17:51] | Ms. Hart, I am told that you can sing. | 哈特小姐 听说你歌唱得不错 |
[17:54] | I can warble a tune. | 哼两下还是没问题的 |
[17:55] | Would you do us the great honor? | 那能为我们献艺吗 |
[18:09] | Once I had a dream | 我曾有一个梦 |
[18:12] | that dream had just begun | 梦才刚刚开始 |
[18:14] | Yoink. | 哎哟 |
[18:16] | Sorry. No more music. | 抱歉 没音乐了 |
[18:20] | Chairperson Sanchez, with respect, you seem uncomfortable. | 桑切斯主席 恕我直言 您看起来很不舒服啊 |
[18:24] | Could that possibly have to do with your background? | 是不是和您的个人背景有关呢 |
[18:26] | I’m sure I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我恐怕不明白你在说什么 |
[18:29] | Oh, let me be more specific. | 让我来说得详细点吧 |
[18:31] | Where did you do your undergraduate work? | 您的大学是在哪里上的呢 |
[18:33] | Princeton. | 普林斯顿 |
[18:34] | Oh. Good school. Good school. | 真是个好大学 好大学 |
[18:36] | What’d you study? | 您的专业是什么 |
[18:38] | I don’t see how these | 你问的这些 |
[18:39] | questions are relevant to today’s proceedings. | 和今天毫无相关的话题到底想干嘛 |
[18:41] | Oh, you were an art major! | 您当时是艺术专业 |
[18:44] | Yes, Mr. Babineaux. | 没错 巴布诺先生 |
[18:46] | I have a degree in studio art. | 我有视觉艺术的学位 |
[18:48] | A dance in which I graduate | 献上一支从普林斯顿大学 |
[18:50] | with a degree in studio art from Princeton university | 获得视觉艺术学位 |
[18:53] | but then I get my hands tied. | 之后就得循规蹈矩了的舞 |
[18:56] | I don’t need to see that one. I lived it. | 这就没必要了 我亲身体验过 |
[18:58] | -Does it hurt a little? -It does. | -是不是有些难受呢 -确实 |
[19:01] | Especially since one of the paintings you took down was mine. | 尤其是你取下来的画中有我的一幅 |
[19:05] | Chairperson Sanchez, got a favorite book? | 桑切斯主席 您最喜欢什么书 |
[19:08] | – Bridge to Terabithia. -Un-read it. | -《仙境之桥》 -没读过 |
[19:10] | Favorite movie? | 最喜欢的电影呢 |
[19:11] | -The Wizard of Oz. -Un-watch it. | -《绿野仙踪》 -没看过 |
[19:13] | Well, you’ve just kinda | 唉 看来你们 |
[19:14] | taken away my whole childhood, haven’t you? | 把我的童年都丢干净了 对不 |
[19:16] | When does it happen? | 从什么时候开始 |
[19:17] | When does what happen? | 什么从什么时候开始 |
[19:19] | When do you stop being able to think creatively? | 从什么时候开始 您变得这么缺乏创造力了 |
[19:21] | When do you get your hands tied? | 从什么时候开始您束手束脚了 |
[19:23] | We don’t want that to happen to us. | 我们不想让这种事在我们身上重演 |
[19:24] | You went to a great school. | 您考上了顶尖的学府 |
[19:26] | I’m sure all of you did. | 在座的各位都是 |
[19:27] | You’re very smart. | 你们天资聪颖 |
[19:29] | You know this is the wrong way to think. | 你们知道现在这样肯定不对 |
[19:34] | You didn’t ask me who my favorite artist is. | 你没问我最喜欢的画家是谁 |
[19:39] | It’s Picasso. | 是毕加索 |
[19:40] | Do you have a favorite artist? | 你最喜欢的画家呢 |
[19:44] | All of them. | 所有 |
[19:46] | Everyone who ever tried… | 所有尝试过的人 |
[19:49] | Including you. | 包括您 |
[19:52] | You know, Picasso painted a masterpiece called Guernica. | 毕加索的一幅名画叫《格尔尼卡》 |
[19:54] | Adults going to war on horses with swords. | 武士举着长剑策马作战 |
[19:57] | Except for one horse who was horrified | 还有一匹被武士吓得 |
[20:01] | at what the adults were doing. | 濒死长嘶的战马 |
[20:02] | He’s horrified because he knows it’s wrong. | 战马濒死长嘶 是因为它知道这是错误的 |
[20:06] | I’ve always loved that horse. | 我一直都很喜欢这匹马 |
[20:09] | And when I was as young as you, | 当我像你这么大时 |
[20:11] | I made a promise to myself that if I ever go to war, | 我发誓我以后要是投身于战争 |
[20:13] | I would never forget guernica and the horse that knew better. | 永远不会忘记《格尔尼卡》和那匹洞悉真相的战马 |
[20:19] | Thank you, Ms. Hart, for reminding me. | 谢谢 哈特小姐 让我回首往事 |
[20:21] | No. Thank you. | 不 谢谢您 |
[20:24] | I love learning about art. | 我喜欢沉浸在艺术的世界 |
[20:26] | Would have never known about guernica | 要是没人为我传授这些 |
[20:27] | if someone didn’t care enough to teach me. | 我永远不会知道《格尔尼卡》 |
[20:31] | Superintendent Turner… | 特纳主管 |
[20:33] | You have been requesting all along that we remain patient. | 您一直希望我们保持耐心 |
[20:36] | Well, we’re all teachers here. | 在座的都是老师 |
[20:38] | I think we can appreciate the value of a good lesson. | 对一堂好课肯定都是心存感激的 |
[20:40] | Turner! | 特纳 |
[20:41] | My man! | 我稀罕你 |
[20:43] | Would you tell him to stop? | 能让他别这样吗 |
[20:46] | I can’t promise an immediate solution, | 我没法保证事情立刻得到解决 |
[20:48] | but I can promise that we can try and think differently. | 但我可以保证 我们会尝试换个思路 |
[20:51] | To think creatively as these students. | 像这群学生一样创造性地思考 |
[20:54] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢各位的光临 |
[20:56] | This meeting is adjourned. | 现在休会 |
[20:58] | But our next meeting begins right now, | 我们的小会现在开始 |
[21:01] | and we will stay here until we come up with something that | 直到创造性地想出一个 |
[21:03] | unties our hands and we begin to think differently. | 开放性的解决方案为止 |
[21:06] | Ms. Hart? | 哈特小姐 |
[21:07] | Yes, ma’am? | 请问有事吗 |
[21:08] | Please hang up my painting. | 请把我的画挂回去 |
[21:10] | Yes, ma’am. | 没问题 女士 |
[21:37] | Very hopeful, Maya. | 玛雅 画得还真不错 |
[21:39] | What do you call it? | 你管这幅画叫什么 |
[21:40] | The Renaissance. | 文艺复兴 |
[21:46] | Oh, my eyes! | 我的狗眼瞎了 |
[21:49] | Want to know what I call it? | 想知道我这幅作品的名字吗 |
[21:51] | I don’t care. | 我不管 |
[21:52] | 50 million purple cats. | 五千万只紫色猫 |
[21:55] | Isn’t it hopeful? | 是不是前途无量啊 |
[21:58] | It is. | 没错 |
[21:59] | Keep painting, Riley. | 接着画吧 莱丽 |
[22:02] | Because it makes you happy. | 因为你乐在其中 |
[22:04] | It makes you feel something, which is what art is all about. | 能让你的心灵充满欢乐 这就是艺术的价值所在 |
[22:10] | I’m happy. | 我很开心 |
[22:12] | I’m a happy artist. | 我是个开心的画家 |
[22:14] | This is why I stink. | 所以我画得很烂 |
[22:18] | All right. Remember your homework for the weekend | 好 记住这个周末的作业 |
[22:20] | is to visit any art museum in the city. | 参观市内任何一家艺术博物馆 |
[22:23] | Find something that inspires you and never forget it | 找一样能够启发你的艺术作品 |
[22:28] | for the rest of your rich and creative lives. | 将其铭记于充实而又充满创造力的人生吧 |