时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | All through history, countries go to war. | 纵观历史 战争无处不在 |
[00:13] | That’s what we normally study in here. | 这是我们平常会学的 |
[00:15] | But today, we’re going to talk about peace and forgiveness | 但是今天 我们要讲的是和平与宽恕 |
[00:18] | and how we get there. | 以及实现它们的方式 |
[00:20] | Every once in a while, I come up with a good idea. | 时不时的我就会冒出个好主意 |
[00:23] | What could it possibly be that I haven’t already thought of? | 你怎么就知道我没想到呢 |
[00:26] | Farkle, I forgive you. | 法尔科 我原谅你 |
[00:28] | -What did I do? -I forgive you too. | -我干啥了 -我也原谅你 |
[00:30] | -What did I do? -You know what you do. | -我到底干啥了 -你知道你干啥了 |
[00:34] | I feel better now that I’ve forgiven you. How do you feel? | 原谅你我感觉好多了 你呢 |
[00:37] | I’m sorry for every time I’ve hurt you! What did I do? | 很抱歉我伤害到你了 可我到底干啥了 |
[00:39] | Ladies and gentlemen, today we’re going to begin the forgiveness project. | 同学们 今天我们开始讲宽恕专题 |
[00:44] | Our history isn’t just about what we’ve done. | 历史不光是我们做了什么 |
[00:46] | How we grow comes from the repair of what we’ve done | 还有我们如何在破坏之后的恢复 |
[00:49] | and how we forgive what was done to us. | 以及宽恕中成长 |
[00:52] | Hmm. We’re in. What do we do? | 听你的 要做什么呢 |
[00:54] | Everyone take out a piece of paper. | 每人拿出一张纸 |
[00:56] | So this isn’t your laptop or your cell phone. | 因为不是你的笔记本电脑或者手机 |
[00:59] | You’ve got unlimited characters here. | 所以没有字符限制 |
[01:03] | As many words as you want. | 随便你们写多少字 |
[01:04] | The impact will last longer than six seconds. | 这个影响将会超过六秒钟 |
[01:07] | And I guarantee you, it’s never going to disappear. | 我跟你们保证 这东西绝对不会消失 |
[01:10] | So pick up a pen. Express feelings. | 拿起笔 写下你们的感受吧 |
[01:14] | This is one of the most important things you’re ever going to do. | 这将是你们做过的最重要的事情之一 |
[01:17] | You’re about to forgive someone. | 你们要去宽恕别人 |
[01:19] | What’s this got to do with history, Matthews? | 这跟历史有什么关系 马修斯 |
[01:20] | It gives you a chance to change it. | 它给了你一个机会去改变历史 |
[01:22] | Like when I forgave auggie for biting the face | 就像我原谅奥吉咬掉我的 |
[01:24] | off my beary-the-bear bear. | 小熊熊熊的脸一样 |
[01:27] | That wasn’t forgiveness, honey. | 那不是宽恕 亲爱的 |
[01:29] | – Why not? -Because you haven’t gotten over it. | -为啥不是 -因为你还没有放下 |
[01:32] | This is the first thing I see every day. | 这是我每天看见的第一件东西 |
[01:37] | So is there anyone in your life that you want to forgive? | 你们生命中有想要宽恕的某个人吗 |
[01:41] | Change your history. Go. | 改变你的历史吧 开始 |
[01:46] | “Dear Auggie the murderer…” | 亲爱的凶手奥吉 |
[01:51] | Maya, no one in your life you want to forgive? | 玛雅 你没有想要原谅的人吗 |
[01:55] | No. | 没有 |
[01:57] | Don’t you think now would be a good time? | 你难道不觉得现在是个好时机吗 |
[02:01] | You and your mom are in a good place. | 你和你妈妈现在生活得很好 |
[02:04] | You’re strong, Maya. | 你变强大了 玛雅 |
[02:05] | Don’t you want to forgive him one day? Why not now? | 你难道不想原谅他吗 为什么不是现在呢 |
[02:22] | “Riley, | 莱丽 |
[02:25] | “butt out. | 别管闲事 |
[02:28] | “I am serious. Butt your butt out.” | 我说真的 别管闲事 |
[02:32] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[02:41] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[02:45] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[02:49] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:53] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:57] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[03:02] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[03:06] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[03:10] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[03:13] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[03:18] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:21] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:25] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[03:35] | You know, you try to do your best by people. | 人们总想尽力做到最好 |
[03:37] | You try to be the best friend you could be. | 尽可能做最好的朋友 |
[03:39] | And what do you get? | 然后又得到了什么呢 |
[03:41] | -What did I do? -Read ’em. | -我干啥了 -读一下吧 |
[03:44] | “Dear Farkle, I forgive you | 亲爱的法尔科 我原谅你 |
[03:46] | “for ruining every single movie we’ve ever seen together.” | 毁掉我们一起看的每一部电影 |
[03:48] | How do I ruin every single movie? | 我怎么就毁掉了 |
[03:50] | Ah, read mine. Read mine. | 读我的 读我的 |
[03:53] | “I forgive you for figuring out the end of every movie | 我原谅你总是提前猜到结局 |
[03:57] | “and shouting it out before it happens.” | 并且大声喊出来 |
[03:59] | Because, see, we don’t want to know. | 因为啥呢 我们并不想知道啊 |
[04:02] | I just want to share my abilities with my friends. | 我只是想跟朋友们分享我的聪明才智啊 |
[04:04] | We don’t want your abilities. | 我们不想要你的聪明才智 |
[04:05] | Your abilities make us want to hurt you. | 你的聪明才智让我们想揍你 |
[04:08] | Riley, Maya, movie with me? | 莱丽 玛雅 我们一起去看电影啊 |
[04:10] | -Are you crazy? -Never again. | -你逗我呢吧 -可别扯了 |
[04:12] | -“She dies!” -“He blows up!” | -她死了 -他爆炸了 |
[04:13] | – “She’s the killer.” -“Nobody gets out of monkey town.” | -她是凶手 -没人能逃出猴子镇 |
[04:15] | -Are you crazy? -Hurt you. | -你逗我呢吧 -想揍你 |
[04:19] | Well, thank you for forgiving me. | 谢谢你们原谅我 |
[04:21] | Do you think we could still go to the movies | 如果我不再剧透 |
[04:22] | if I stop telling you what happens next? | 你们还愿意跟我一起看电影吗 |
[04:24] | Do you think you can? | 你觉得你能做到吗 |
[04:25] | Of course I can. “Oh, let’s give him one more chance.” | 当然可以 那就再给他次机会吧 |
[04:28] | “Hey!” Then you chase me, and then I scream. | 然后你们追我 我喊叫 |
[04:31] | Let’s give him one more chance. | 那就再给他次机会吧 |
[04:33] | It’s just too much fun! Ahh! | 太好玩了 |
[04:41] | Go on, open it. | 给你 打开吧 |
[04:43] | Read it. Go on. Open it, read it, go on! | 读一下 快点 |
[04:46] | Open it, read it. | 打开 读一下 |
[04:49] | I’ll read it. | 我来读 |
[04:52] | “Dear August, | 亲爱的奥古斯特 |
[04:54] | “remember when you bit the face off of my beary-the-bear bear? | 还记得你把我的小熊熊熊的脸给咬下来了吗 |
[04:56] | “Well, I forgive you.” | 我原谅你了 |
[04:59] | Ha! Now what are going to do? | 现在我们要做什么 |
[05:02] | Didn’t I do that when I was, like, three years old? | 那是我三岁时干的啊 |
[05:06] | Well, now I forgive you. Your move. | 现在我原谅你了 到你了 |
[05:08] | Don’t you think a normal person would have gotten over this by now? | 难道你不认为一个正常人早就该放下了吗 |
[05:12] | Auggie, this isn’t about me. | 奥吉 这事重点不在我 |
[05:15] | This is about you thanking me for forgiving you. | 应该是你谢谢我原谅了你 |
[05:18] | So thank me. | 谢我啊 |
[05:21] | What is the matter with you? | 你什么毛病啊 |
[05:26] | This is the matter with me. | 这就是我的毛病 |
[05:29] | It doesn’t sound like you’re trying to forgive me. | 听上去不像是你要原谅我 |
[05:31] | It sounds like you just want me to be sorry. | 像是你只想让我感到内疚 |
[05:33] | You should be. | 你应该内疚 |
[05:35] | Well, I’m not, Riley. So do you still forgive me | 我才不 莱丽 所以对于我不感到内疚的事 |
[05:37] | for something I’m not sorry for? | 你还要原谅我吗 |
[05:39] | Forgive you with no return apology? | 你都不道歉还想让我原谅你 |
[05:41] | No, I do not. | 不可能 |
[05:43] | Then good day. | 那就祝你开心吧 |
[05:47] | Good day to you, unforgiven. | 祝你开心 不被原谅的人 |
[05:49] | Good day to you… not! | 祝你不开心 |
[05:58] | Really, Topanga, please don’t worry about this. | 说真的 托庞嘉 不用你帮忙 |
[06:01] | No, I told you that I would come and help out when I can, | 不行 我之前就说了有空过来帮你 |
[06:04] | and I can today. | 我今天就有空 |
[06:05] | Yeah. No. | 好吧 真不用啊 |
[06:07] | This is gonna be good. | 有好戏看了 |
[06:09] | I can’t take my eyes off it. | 我已经无法移开视线了 |
[06:11] | You don’t think I can do this, do you? | 你觉得我干不好 是不是 |
[06:13] | I think that you are Topanga Matthews, | 我觉得你是托庞嘉·马修斯 |
[06:15] | attorney at law, and that might perhaps | 一名律师 这一点可能会 |
[06:18] | color the way that you deal with customers, | 影响到你对待顾客的方式 |
[06:20] | who I don’t even think will believe that you’re a waitress. | 这会让大家不太相信你是一名服务员 |
[06:23] | I could be a fine waitress. | 我可以做一名优秀的服务员 |
[06:29] | And what will you have, sir? | 您要什么 先生 |
[06:31] | Yeah, give me the cheesecake. | 我要奶酪蛋糕 |
[06:34] | You want to try that a different way, chief? | 你想换个方式说一次吗 老大 |
[06:36] | -No! -Okay. Hey, Howie. | -不想 -好了 你好 豪伊 |
[06:40] | Oh, there you go. | 给你 |
[06:42] | You know what comes with our biggest piece of cheesecake? | 你知道什么跟我们最大块奶酪蛋糕最配吗 |
[06:44] | Our biggest smile. | 最大的笑容 |
[06:46] | Ha! Don’t ever leave me again. | 千万不要离开我 |
[06:47] | – Aw, thanks, Howie. -I was talking to the cheesecake. | -谢谢 豪伊 -我是说奶酪蛋糕 |
[06:52] | Okay, one more. | 好吧 再来一个 |
[06:53] | -No more ever. -No. | -不要再来了 -不行 |
[06:55] | I’m gonna try that guy, right over there. | 我去试试那个人 就在那边 |
[06:59] | No, I got him. | 不 我来 |
[07:00] | Okay. I’ll learn from you. | 好吧 那我跟你学习 |
[07:07] | You’re going to want to watch what happens next very carefully. | 接下来发生的事你要看仔细了 |
[07:10] | Why? Your mother’s great at this, Maya. What could happen? | 为啥 你妈妈最拿手了 还能发生啥 |
[07:14] | Hello, sir. How are you today? | 你好 先生 你好吗 |
[07:17] | -You a little hungry, are you? -I’m… | -你是饿了吗 -我 |
[07:18] | Is that why you’ve come here? Are you a little hungry? | 你是因为这个来的吗 你是不是饿了 |
[07:20] | -Is that… -What do you recommend? | -是吗 -你有什么推荐的 |
[07:23] | I recommend the first thing that I can get my hands on. | 我推荐我现在立刻就能拿到的东西 |
[07:25] | -Give me something. -Okay. | -给我拿点来 -好的 |
[07:26] | You should have said please! | 你应该说劳驾的 |
[07:29] | That’s what I recommend! | 这就是我推荐的 |
[07:35] | You can do that? | 这样也行 |
[07:37] | I didn’t know you could do that. | 我都不知道可以这么干 |
[07:40] | I would love to do that. | 我喜欢干这种事啊 |
[07:43] | Oh, my gosh. Is that him? | 我的天 是他吗 |
[07:45] | Is he him? Did you do it? Did you do the assignment? | 是不是他 你做了吗 作业你做了吗 |
[07:48] | I wrote something, and I mailed it. | 我写了点东西 然后寄出去了 |
[07:50] | – Tell me it was a good move. – It was a bad move. | -是一步好棋对吧 -是一步臭棋 |
[07:52] | -Why? -Tried it. It doesn’t work. | -为什么 -我试过了 不好使啊 |
[07:54] | They don’t apologize. Forgiveness is for jerks. | 他们不道歉 原谅个球啊 |
[07:57] | I’m glad you told me in time. | 真高兴你及时告诉我了 |
[07:59] | Oh, I don’t understand. | 我不明白了 |
[08:01] | Is this guy our millionth customer? | 他是我们的第一百万个顾客吗 |
[08:03] | -No! -Sir, why are you okay with this? | -不是 -先生 你怎么这么淡定啊 |
[08:06] | I kind of expected it. | 我就料到会这样 |
[08:08] | Katy, who is this guy? | 凯蒂 这人是谁 |
[08:23] | Hi, Maya. | 你好 玛雅 |
[08:27] | Hi, dad. | 爸爸 |
[08:38] | Hi. | 你好 |
[08:39] | I’m Riley. | 我是莱丽 |
[08:41] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 我听过很多关于你的事 |
[08:42] | Hi, Riley. You a good friend of Maya’s? | 你好 莱丽 你是玛雅的好朋友吗 |
[08:45] | I’m sorry, and please don’t take this the wrong way, | 抱歉 我无意冒犯 |
[08:48] | but what? | 可是你说啥 |
[08:50] | Riley is my best friend. | 莱丽是我最好的朋友 |
[08:52] | But you wouldn’t know much about her. | 但是你不了解她 |
[08:55] | Or me. | 你也不了解我 |
[08:57] | Thank you for being Maya’s best friend. | 谢谢你做玛雅最好的朋友 |
[09:00] | It’s easy because Maya’s great. | 这没什么 因为玛雅很棒 |
[09:03] | She’s the best person I know. | 她是我认识的最好的人 |
[09:04] | Then I’m happy she found you. | 我很欣慰她找到了你 |
[09:06] | I was picturing a monster. He doesn’t seem like a monster. | 我头脑里的他是个怪物 可他看上去不像怪物 |
[09:10] | He seems like frosty the snow-guy. | 而像雪人霜霜 |
[09:16] | What are you doing here, Kermit? | 你来这儿干什么 科密特 |
[09:18] | I was invited. | 有人邀请我来的 |
[09:20] | What? | 什么 |
[09:23] | This is all my dad’s fault. | 都是我爸的错 |
[09:26] | -Your father had an idea? -Uh-huh. | -是你爸的主意 -没错 |
[09:28] | I apologize immediately. Your food is on the house. | 我很抱歉 给您免单 |
[09:31] | That’s very nice of you because I wouldn’t have been able to afford all of this. | 你真好 因为我可付不起这么多 |
[09:35] | May I please borrow a towel and your sink? | 能借我毛巾和洗漱间用一下吗 |
[09:37] | And I’ll take this to go. | 要不我就得这么出门了 |
[09:51] | You said you were going out for a walk and you’d be back in an hour. | 你说出去散个步 一小时就回来 |
[09:55] | You’re nine years late. | 你迟到了九年 |
[09:57] | -Thank you, Katy. -For what? | -谢谢 凯蒂 -谢什么 |
[10:00] | I know that in those nine years, you protected me with Maya. | 我知道在这九年里 是你保护了我的形象 |
[10:03] | You never once sold me out. | 你从没跟玛雅说我是什么样的人 |
[10:05] | Yeah, well, a girl should think well of her father. | 一个女孩心目中的父亲不应该是坏人 |
[10:09] | I was real happy to get your letter, Maya. | 我很高兴收到你的信 玛雅 |
[10:11] | And that you’ve got a friend like Riley. | 你有莱丽这样的朋友我很欣慰 |
[10:13] | This girl here is more of a father to me than you. | 这女孩比你更像是我爸 |
[10:15] | Yeah, I raised Maya since she was a pup. | 是啊 我从她很小的时候就开始抚养她了 |
[10:18] | Looks like you did a bang-up job. | 看上去你做得非常好 |
[10:20] | So… you left. | 你离开了 |
[10:23] | Why were mom and I not good enough? | 是我和妈妈配不上你吗 |
[10:26] | No, no, no. Maya. | 不不不 玛雅 |
[10:28] | That was a long time ago. We’re over it. | 那是很久以前的事了 我们放下了 |
[10:30] | Why were we not good enough? | 我们配不上你吗 |
[10:32] | Ah! I think you know that wasn’t it. | 我想你应该知道不是那样的 |
[10:36] | Ha. You know, | 那啥 |
[10:39] | I should really go anywhere but here. | 我还是找个别的地儿待着吧 |
[10:42] | Nope, you’re gonna stay with me. | 不行 你陪我一起 |
[10:45] | You’re my family. | 你就是我的家人 |
[10:47] | Oh, how’s your other family? | 你另外的家人还好吗 |
[10:49] | Everyone is fine. | 都很好 |
[10:52] | Riley, do you care to explain to me | 莱丽 能跟我解释下 |
[10:54] | your father’s idea here? | 这跟你爸有什么关系吗 |
[10:56] | Our assignment was to forgive somebody. | 我们的作业是宽恕某人 |
[10:57] | – What does that have to do… – It changes our history. | -可是这跟 -而且要改变我们的历史 |
[11:00] | Oh. That’s pretty good. | 那挺好的 |
[11:03] | So Maya wrote to him and he showed up. | 所以玛雅给他写了信 他就来了 |
[11:06] | To forgive him? | 宽恕他 |
[11:07] | Yeah, that was the assignment. | 是的 作业就是这样 |
[11:09] | But I haven’t decided if I’m going to pass or fail. | 但是我还不知道自己的作业能不能过关 |
[11:13] | Maya, whatever you decide, | 玛雅 不管你是怎么想的 |
[11:15] | thank you for reaching out to me. | 都要谢谢你联系我 |
[11:17] | You know, this would be so much easier for me | 我说 他要真像个怪兽 |
[11:20] | if he was a monster. | 对我来说就容易多了 |
[11:25] | Do you remember that night the thunder shook the apartment? | 你还记得那个打雷的夜晚吗 |
[11:29] | I was five and I thought… | 我那时才五岁 |
[11:31] | The lightning was so bright, I thought the world was on fire. | 闪电那么亮 我以为整个世界都着火了 |
[11:33] | Why bring this up? | 为什么提这件事 |
[11:35] | I’m all under my covers crying and you come flying into the room | 我蒙着头大哭 你飞奔进屋 |
[11:38] | and peek under the covers and decide to make it a game. | 瞄了一眼蒙在被子下的我 决定跟我玩一个游戏 |
[11:41] | We were in Alaska looking for gold. | 假装我们是在阿拉斯加找金矿 |
[11:44] | And you said the lightning was the northern lights. | 你说闪电不过是北极的光 |
[11:47] | The Aurora borealis. | 北极光 |
[11:48] | Is this the reason the only thing you know is the Aurora borealis? | 这就是你只知道北极光的原因吗 |
[11:53] | You made that entire night an adventure | 你让那一晚变成了我们的冒险 |
[11:57] | until the storm passed. | 直到暴风雨过去 |
[11:59] | And I woke up the next morning | 然后我第二天醒来 |
[12:01] | and it was a sunny day. Don’t you remember that? | 阳光明媚 你还记得吗 |
[12:04] | No, Maya, I don’t. | 不记得了 |
[12:07] | That’s because it never happened. | 那是因为根本没这事 |
[12:09] | The storm happened | 暴风雨是有的 |
[12:12] | but you didn’t. | 但是没有你 |
[12:16] | So how do you know the Aurora borealis, Maya? | 那你是怎么知道北极光的 玛雅 |
[12:20] | Mom. | 是我妈 |
[12:22] | It was mom that came in. | 是我妈妈进来了 |
[12:24] | She made it Alaska and I wasn’t scared at all. | 是她假装我们在阿拉斯加 然后我就一点都不害怕了 |
[12:27] | Hmm. I was petrified. | 我都惊呆了 |
[12:29] | Greatest performance of my life. | 此生最好的表演 |
[12:32] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[12:33] | I wasn’t home. | 我不在家 |
[12:36] | How could you not be home? | 你怎么会不在家 |
[12:38] | Because kids bite Teddy bears’ faces off, | 因为孩子会咬掉泰迪熊的脸 |
[12:41] | friends ruin movies and fathers leave. | 朋友会毁掉电影 父亲会离开 |
[12:44] | You know, sometimes you can let it go, sometimes you can’t. | 有时候你可以放下 有时候却不能 |
[12:47] | Your dad was wrong about this one, Riley. | 对于这件事你爸想错了 莱丽 |
[12:52] | -Riley. -Yeah. | -莱丽 -嗯 |
[12:59] | How’s the forgiveness project going? | 宽恕作业做得怎么样了 |
[13:01] | – You killed us, Matthews. – I gotta say, Matthews, | -被你坑死了 马修斯 -我必须得说一句 马修斯 |
[13:03] | I don’t know what you were thinking. | 我不知道你在寻思啥 |
[13:05] | You think forgiveness leads to peace? | 你以为宽恕就能带来和平吗 |
[13:07] | It leads to war in a movie theater. | 它带来的是电影院里的战争 |
[13:09] | Lights go down, the movie starts, | 灯光暗了下来 电影开始了 |
[13:11] | I make Farkle sit in the other corner of the theater | 我让法尔科坐在电影院的另一个角落 |
[13:13] | – so he can’t ruin anything. – Sounds like good strategy. | -好不让他再出什么幺蛾子 -听上去是个好策略 |
[13:16] | Yeah. Then a cowboy comes on the screen. | 是啊 然后一个牛仔出现在屏幕上 |
[13:18] | -Farkle yells… – “Dead!” | -法尔科喊道 -死了 |
[13:21] | – An old prospector comes on the screen. -“Alien | -一个老矿工出现了 -外星人 |
[13:23] | “looking for a time portal.” | 正在寻找时间通道呢 |
[13:25] | Next comes a cheerleader. | 又出来一个啦啦队员 |
[13:27] | How is there a cheerleader in this movie? | 电影里怎么还有啦啦队员 |
[13:28] | No kidding. | 可不是咋的 |
[13:30] | Well, I’m sure some of you had a better experience. | 我敢肯定你们中有一些人的经历是好的 |
[13:35] | Forgiveness doesn’t work, dad. | 宽恕根本没用 爸爸 |
[13:37] | I forgave Auggie and he didn’t thank me. | 我原谅了奥吉 可他都不谢我 |
[13:39] | Riley, did you really forgive Auggie? | 莱丽 你真的原谅奥吉了吗 |
[13:41] | No! | 当然没 |
[13:42] | -Maya, did you forgive your father? -No. | -玛雅 你原谅你爸爸了吗 -没有 |
[13:47] | And we didn’t forgive Farkle. Ow. | 我们也没原谅法尔科 |
[13:50] | Well, it sounds to me like forgiveness is harder than it looks. | 听上去宽恕比想象中的要困难啊 |
[13:54] | I tried. Made it real clear. | 我试过了 写得很清楚 |
[13:57] | Want to hear it? | 想听听吗 |
[13:58] | If you’re all right with it. | 如果你愿意说的话 |
[14:02] | “In school, I’m learning about forgiveness. | 在学校里 我学到了宽恕 |
[14:05] | “What you did makes me have a lot of angry feelings inside of me. | 你的所作所为让我内心充满愤怒 |
[14:10] | “I don’t want to be angry anymore. | 我不想再愤怒下去了 |
[14:12] | “Why did you leave? | 你为什么离开 |
[14:15] | “Did I do something? | 是我做错了什么吗 |
[14:17] | “Make me understand what I did. | 让我知道我都做了什么 |
[14:20] | “Your daughter, Maya.” | 你的女儿 玛雅 |
[14:25] | Did he help you to understand what happened? | 他告诉你发生了什么事吗 |
[14:29] | No. | 没有 |
[14:31] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[14:34] | I mean, I guess I never gave him the chance to explain. | 可能是我没给他机会解释吧 |
[14:37] | Riley, why did Auggie bite your bear’s face off? | 莱丽 奥吉为什么咬掉你的小熊的脸 |
[14:41] | -I don’t know. -Why not? | -我不知道 -为什么 |
[14:44] | I never asked him. | 我没问过 |
[14:46] | Lucas? Zay? | 卢卡斯 小赛 |
[14:48] | Farkle, why do you tell us the end of the movies? | 法尔科 你为什么总告诉我们电影的结局 |
[14:51] | Well, because you’re good at everything you do. | 因为你干什么都擅长 |
[14:53] | You got that class-clown thing going. | 而你是班上的开心果 |
[14:55] | All I’ve got is my mind, | 我就只有大脑了 |
[14:56] | so I try to impress you with it any way I can. | 所以我想竭尽所能表现自己 |
[14:58] | “Oh, Farkle, you don’t need to impress us. | 法尔科 你不需要这样啊 |
[15:00] | “We love you just the way you are.” | 我们喜欢你本来的样子 |
[15:01] | Farkle, we are never going to the movies with you again. | 法尔科 我们再也不跟你一起看电影了 |
[15:04] | Ever. | 再也不看了 |
[15:05] | Guess you missed that one. Huh, Farkle? | 没想到会是这个结果吧 法尔科 |
[15:07] | No, I didn’t. | 还真没想到 |
[15:08] | Oh, Farkle, you don’t need to impress us. | 法尔科 你不用这样在我们面前显摆 |
[15:10] | We love you just the way you are. | 我们喜欢你本来的样子 |
[15:12] | – Movie? – Anytime. | -看电影吗 -随时奉陪 |
[15:15] | We gotta get better minds, man. | 咱们的层次还是不够啊 哥们儿 |
[15:17] | Yeah, we do. | 确实 |
[15:19] | All of you do. | 你们都是 |
[15:22] | Better minds know that sometimes to really forgive someone, | 更有智慧的人明白 有时候要想真正原谅某个人 |
[15:25] | it helps to understand them first. | 首先应该了解他 |
[15:28] | It gives the other person a chance to be heard too. | 应该让对方得到被人倾听的机会 |
[15:30] | Why can’t you just admit that you’re wrong about this? | 你怎么就是不愿意承认你在这件事情上说错了呢 |
[15:33] | Because forgiveness is one of our finest qualities | 因为宽恕是我们人类 |
[15:35] | as human beings, Maya. | 最优秀的品格之一 玛雅 |
[15:38] | You have to understand each other | 首先必须了解彼此 |
[15:40] | before you can even begin to know what comes next. | 然后才有可能搞清楚接下来该做什么 |
[15:42] | Go understand each other. | 去了解彼此吧 |
[15:44] | See what happens. | 看看会发生什么 |
[15:47] | Your assignment hasn’t even begun until you do. | 在此之前 你们的作业都不算正式开始做 |
[15:59] | Why am I here, Riley? | 我为什么要来这儿 莱丽 |
[16:02] | In all the time I’ve been mad at you, | 我一直在生你的气 |
[16:04] | I don’t think I actually asked you why you did it. | 却没有问过你你为什么要那样做 |
[16:07] | And now I’ll probably never know, | 现在我可能没法知道了 |
[16:09] | ’cause it was so long ago, you don’t even remember. | 因为事情过去了这么久 你肯定也不记得了 |
[16:12] | How do I forgive you? | 我该怎么原谅你呢 |
[16:13] | It’s for the same reason I always make you mad. | 其实和我总是让你生气的原因是一样的 |
[16:16] | It’s for the same reason you get mad at me | 和你跟玛雅在一起的时候 我去烦你 |
[16:19] | when I bother you when you’re with Maya. | 惹你生气的原因是一样的 |
[16:21] | If she wasn’t so much stronger than me, | 要不是她比我强壮 |
[16:24] | I would have bitten her face off a long time ago. | 我早就把她的脸咬掉了 |
[16:28] | Why, Auggie? | 为什么呢 奥吉 |
[16:29] | Because if it wasn’t for the bear and Maya, | 因为要不是你有小熊和玛雅陪你 |
[16:33] | maybe you would spend more time with me. | 你说不定就会多花些时间陪陪我 |
[16:37] | Auggie. | 奥吉 |
[16:40] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[16:43] | How will you forgive me? | 你会原谅我吗 |
[16:45] | I forgive you, Riley. | 我原谅你 莱丽 |
[16:49] | Good. | 那就好 |
[16:50] | Now thank me. | 快谢我吧 |
[16:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:58] | Forgiveness does work, Maya. | 宽恕真的有用 玛雅 |
[17:00] | You just have to do it right. | 只是要采用正确的方法 |
[17:02] | -Can I go play with my friends now? -No! | -现在我能去跟我的朋友们玩了吗 -不行 |
[17:05] | All you have to do is listen to the other person. | 你只需要倾听对方的声音 |
[17:08] | Can I at least go to the bathroom, Riley? | 我能去趟厕所吗 莱丽 |
[17:10] | Quiet. I’m talking. | 安静点 我正说话呢 |
[17:13] | Auggie is there every day, Riley. | 奥吉一直都在家 莱丽 |
[17:16] | My dad couldn’t get out of here fast enough. | 我爸恨不得快点离开这儿 |
[17:18] | I mean, he’s halfway home by now. | 他现在肯定正在回他的家的路上了 |
[17:19] | Forgiveness doesn’t work for everybody. | 宽恕并不适合所有人 |
[17:28] | I am not hungry, so please don’t throw anything at me. | 我不饿 所以请别往我身上扔东西 |
[17:31] | I thought you left. | 我以为你走了 |
[17:35] | I did. I did. I was in the car on the way back. | 我是走了 我开车回去来着 |
[17:38] | And then I looked at this thing again | 然后我又看了一下这东西 |
[17:40] | and it says you don’t want to be angry anymore. | 上面写着你不想继续愤怒下去了 |
[17:42] | I know what you all are to Maya. | 我知道你们对玛雅意味着什么 |
[17:45] | Thank you. I just need to borrow her for one second, | 谢谢你们 我只是想占用她一点点时间 |
[17:48] | if it’s okay. | 如果可以的话 |
[18:11] | This wasn’t you, Maya. | 错不在你 玛雅 |
[18:13] | This was all me. | 都是我造成的 |
[18:14] | I couldn’t provide comfort for you in a lightning storm. | 我没法在一个雷雨的夜晚安慰你 |
[18:17] | And I was no good for you on a sunny day, either. | 即使是阳光明媚的日子里 我也无法给你带来好心情 |
[18:19] | I blew every paycheck instead of providing food for the refrigerator. | 我赚不来钱 没法给你提供冰箱里的食物 |
[18:22] | And when you know you’re not good for people, | 当你认识到自己对别人没什么好处的时候 |
[18:25] | you start not showing up | 你就会想办法消失 |
[18:26] | and then you don’t show up enough times, | 消失的次数多了 |
[18:28] | and it begins to feel like leaving until you do. | 就觉得不如离开算了 然后就真的走了 |
[18:32] | You’re there for your new family, aren’t you? | 你不是有了新的家庭吗 |
[18:35] | What did they do that I didn’t do? | 他们比我好在哪儿了 |
[18:38] | You never did anything, Maya. | 你什么错也没有 玛雅 |
[18:41] | You were just a little girl. | 你当时只是个小姑娘 |
[18:44] | I was who I was. | 我也是当年的我 |
[18:46] | And there is nothing you did or could have done. | 你没做错什么 也没错过什么 |
[18:49] | I just… I wasn’t ready for you or anyone. | 我只是 我只是还没准备好面对你们 |
[18:54] | But I think I’ve changed. | 但我觉得我已经改变了 |
[18:56] | These people believe that I am capable of something. | 这些人相信我还有点本事 |
[19:01] | They don’t know who I was. | 他们不了解我的过往 |
[19:03] | They believe in who I am now. | 他们相信现在的我 |
[19:06] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊 |
[19:08] | I found a job. | 我找了份工作 |
[19:11] | And I’ve managed to keep it. | 而且坚持做了下来 |
[19:13] | I came back to tell you that I am grateful for what you wrote. | 我回来就是要告诉你 对你写的东西我很感激 |
[19:19] | And I am sorry for what I did. | 对我过去的所作所为很抱歉 |
[19:22] | I’m glad you’re okay. | 你过得很好 我很欣慰 |
[19:28] | You found a job? | 你找到工作了 |
[19:30] | I did. | 是的 |
[19:32] | Your job was to stay. | 你的工作应该是留下 |
[19:37] | Thank you for telling me your side. | 谢谢你告诉我你的说法 |
[19:39] | My teacher thinks if I forgive you, | 我的老师觉得如果我原谅了你 |
[19:42] | it’ll bring me peace. | 会给我带来平静 |
[19:44] | And he’s usually right about these things, | 一般来说 他总是对的 |
[19:47] | but I don’t see how he’s right about this one. | 但这回我觉得他没说对 |
[19:51] | And I can’t. | 我没法原谅你 |
[19:53] | Your job was to stay. | 你的工作应该是留下 |
[19:55] | You don’t think I had it in me to allow my father to grow? | 你觉得我没有足够的肚量容我的父亲去成长吗 |
[20:03] | I’m happy I wrote to you | 我很高兴能写信给你 |
[20:06] | and heard what you had to say. | 听你说了你该说的 |
[20:08] | And it makes me feel better knowing that | 你说我跟你的所作所为无关 |
[20:12] | I had nothing to do with what you did. | 让我感觉好多了 |
[20:14] | I always thought that this was my fault somehow, | 我总是觉得这事情是我的错 |
[20:18] | but it’s not. | 但原来不是 |
[20:21] | I didn’t do anything. | 我没做错什么 |
[20:30] | I’m sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[20:32] | I wasn’t there. | 没能陪着你 |
[20:34] | You… you turned out great. | 你 你成长得很好 |
[20:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[20:49] | I’ve been angry for so long. | 我生了这么长时间的气 |
[20:52] | I’m not angry anymore. | 现在我不生气了 |
[20:58] | Thank you for coming. And I hope you get home okay. | 谢谢你能来 希望你顺利回家 |
[21:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:14] | I failed. | 我失败了 |
[21:17] | I know you wanted me to forgive him, | 我知道你想让我原谅他 |
[21:20] | but I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[21:21] | I couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[21:25] | You were wrong about this one, Mr. Matthews. | 这件事情上你说错了 马修斯老师 |
[21:30] | I never expected that, Maya. | 我也没指望你能做到 玛雅 |
[21:33] | That kind of forgiveness, | 这种原谅 |
[21:35] | it doesn’t come so easy. | 不是简简单单就能做到的 |
[21:39] | But life is a long time. | 但生命还很长 |
[21:41] | And I hope you get there someday. | 我希望你将来有一天能做到 |
[21:45] | But that’s never what I was looking for right now. | 这也并不是我这次想让你做到的事情 |
[21:51] | What did you want from me? | 你想让我做到什么 |
[21:55] | Maya, | 玛雅 |
[21:58] | did you forgive yourself? | 你原谅你自己了吗 |
[22:16] | I am begging you to let me go. | 我求你了 让我走吧 |
[22:20] | If you don’t let me go, I swear I will eat your face off. | 如果你不让我走 我发誓我会把你的脸咬掉 |
[22:27] | Oh, sweet freedom. | 可爱的自由 |
[22:35] | The forgiveness was wonderful, dad. | 宽恕真的很美好 爸爸 |
[22:37] | Once you start, you just don’t want to stop. | 一旦开始 你就再也不想停下 |
[22:41] | Here. | 来 |
[22:43] | Me? | 给我的 |
[22:44] | What did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[22:48] | “Dear dad, I forgive you for everything.” | 亲爱的爸爸 我原谅你做的一切 |
[22:54] | I do. | 真的 |
[22:57] | Wait a minute, wait a minute. What did I do? | 等等 等等 我做什么了 |
[23:00] | Oh, you know what you do. | 你自己心里清楚 |
[23:04] | Uh, I think a person should only be forgiven, Topanga, | 托庞嘉 我觉得只有一个人真的做了什么错事 |
[23:08] | if that person has actually done something wrong. | 他才应该被原谅 |
[23:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:21] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[23:27] | Okay, I know what that one is. | 好吧 我知道这个是什么 |