时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You know why it’s a great day? | 你知道今天为什么很美好吗 |
[00:09] | For you? Because it’s a day. | 对于你来说每天都美好 |
[00:12] | Endless possibilities lie ahead. | 未来有无限可能 |
[00:15] | Nothing is endless except your goofy face. | 除了你那傻呵呵的脸 没有啥是无限的 |
[00:20] | What a great day! | 今天真美好啊 |
[00:23] | Looky here. What should we buy? | 快看哪 我们该买点什么呢 |
[00:25] | We’re not buying anything. That money is not yours. | 我们啥也不买 不是你的钱 |
[00:28] | This is where our friendship ends, right here, right now. | 这就是咱俩友情终结的时刻 此时此地 |
[00:31] | Goodbye forever. | 再也不见 |
[00:34] | Maya, somebody dropped that. | 玛雅 钱是别人丢的 |
[00:37] | Who? Name? Whose is it? | 谁 叫什么名字 是谁的 |
[00:38] | Whose? I’ll take any “whose.” I’ll take the “who’s” with the apostrophe | 谁的 你随便给我说出一个谁来 |
[00:41] | because I never know which is right. | 因为我根本就不知道是谁的 |
[00:43] | How could you live knowing that that belongs to somebody else? | 你怎么可以安心拿本属于别人的东西 |
[00:47] | Everything I own belonged to somebody else. | 我拥有的所有东西都是属于别人的 |
[00:49] | Riley, it’s a five-sky. Not even a one-sky. | 莱丽 这是五块 不是一块 |
[00:51] | Anybody could find a one-sky. | 任何人都有可能捡到一块 |
[00:53] | Put it back. | 放回去 |
[00:55] | This is my only source of income. | 这是我唯一的收入来源 |
[00:59] | Read what it says, Maya. | 看看上面写的啥 玛雅 |
[01:01] | “In God we trust.” | 上帝在我们心中 |
[01:03] | Seriously, you’re going to go all the way there? | 不是吧 你把上帝都搬出来了 |
[01:06] | Don’t you believe that someone is always watching | 你难道不相信有人在看着你 |
[01:08] | to see if you do the right thing? | 是否在做正确的事吗 |
[01:13] | Not anymore. | 没人看见 |
[01:15] | Maya, you know what I’m talking about. | 玛雅 你知道我在说什么 |
[01:17] | And you know what I’m talking about? | 那你知道我在说什么吗 |
[01:19] | Two mocha-chip ice-cream cones. | 两个摩卡脆片冰淇淋甜筒 |
[01:22] | Mocha-chip, you say? | 你是说摩卡脆片 |
[01:25] | With a mocha chip in every bite. | 每一口都有摩卡脆片 |
[01:27] | How do they do that? | 他们是怎么做到的呢 |
[01:29] | Riles, how about I do what I do, and you do what you do? | 莱丽 我怎么做 你就跟着怎么做就好了 |
[01:33] | That’s ridiculous. | 太扯了 |
[01:45] | Riley? | 莱丽 |
[01:47] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[01:49] | What a great day! | 今天可真美好啊 |
[01:51] | I mean, come on! | 太走运了 |
[01:54] | Are You seeing this? | 您都看见了吗 |
[02:02] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[02:06] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[02:11] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:15] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:19] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[02:23] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[02:27] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[02:31] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[02:35] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[02:40] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:43] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:47] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[02:54] | Riles, it was just a coincidence I happened to find it. | 莱丽 我只是碰巧捡到而已 |
[02:56] | Can you leave it alone? | 你能别管了吗 |
[02:58] | There are no coincidences, Maya. | 玛雅 那不是巧合 |
[03:00] | A coincidence is just the universe’s way of saying, “Hi.” | 巧合就是宇宙向你说你好的方式 |
[03:03] | Hi. | 你好 |
[03:05] | Somebody here needs to learn a lesson. | 有人要被上课了 |
[03:10] | In 1425, Joan of Arc, a 13-year-old girl, | 1425年 圣女贞德 一个十三岁的女孩 |
[03:14] | believed that she heard the voice of God… | 确信自己听到了上帝的声音 |
[03:16] | This is your lesson. | 这就是给你上的课 |
[03:19] | Telling her to drive the English out of France. | 让她把英国人驱逐出法国 |
[03:23] | Amazing. | 好厉害 |
[03:24] | Yeah, back then you could drive at 13? | 是啊 那时候十三岁就可以开车了吗 |
[03:27] | Nobody hears voices in their head. | 不可能会听到什么声音 |
[03:30] | That’s just crazy. | 她就是疯了 |
[03:31] | It is so! | 明明就是 |
[03:35] | Now Joan knew that this belief could cost her her life. | 贞德知道这是个会让她奋斗终身的信念 |
[03:40] | What if she wasn’t crazy, Farkle? | 万一她没疯呢 法尔科 |
[03:42] | What if she just deeply believed in something? | 万一这就是她的信仰呢 |
[03:43] | Well, why believe in anything you can’t prove? | 为什么要信仰都证实不了的东西呢 |
[03:45] | Ah, now there’s a question. | 现在问题出现了 |
[03:47] | -Guess where this is leading us. -To an assignment. | -猜猜下一步是什么 -作业 |
[03:50] | Yay. | 好唉 |
[03:53] | You’ve all walked through life long enough | 你们带着单纯的小脑袋瓜 |
[03:55] | with your blissfully empty heads. | 已经经历过很多事情了 |
[03:57] | But what do you guys really believe in? | 但是你们真正的信仰是什么 |
[03:59] | Some of our greatest thinkers believed in something so strongly | 一些伟大的思想家认为坚定的信仰 |
[04:03] | that they gave their lives to change the world. | 能够帮助他们改变世界 |
[04:05] | Show-offs. | 大话王 |
[04:09] | Does anyone here believe in anything, anything at all? | 这儿有人有信仰吗 随便什么信仰 |
[04:12] | I believe that Maya did wrong | 我认为玛雅拿走 |
[04:13] | by taking somebody else’s five-dollar bill. | 别人的五块钱是不对的 |
[04:16] | I believe in five dollars’ worth of ice cream. | 我认为五块钱用来买冰淇淋是值得的 |
[04:19] | And I believe that you two are the perfect team for this | 我认为你俩是这个作业的 |
[04:22] | if there ever was one. | 绝佳拍档 |
[04:23] | You guys are going to report on Thomas Jefferson. | 你们要就托马斯·杰斐逊作一份报告 |
[04:28] | Farkle, you’re a man of science. | 法尔科 你是个相信科学的人 |
[04:32] | I needs me my proof. | 我需要证据 |
[04:34] | -And Lucas. -I have beliefs that work for me, sir. | -还有卢卡斯 -我有自己的信仰 老师 |
[04:37] | Well, this is going to be fun. | 这下有意思了 |
[04:39] | You guys are going to report on Joan of Arc. | 你们俩就圣女贞德作一份报告 |
[04:41] | – She’s a saint. – Yeah, a saint. Whoo-whoo! | -她是个圣人 -是啊 圣人 |
[04:47] | Now I want you two girls to really learn something from Jefferson. | 我希望你们俩女生能从杰斐逊身上真正学到东西 |
[04:52] | Why do you keep booing Jefferson? | 你为啥对杰弗逊这个态度 |
[04:54] | – He hates us. – How do you know? | -他讨厌我们 -你怎么知道的 |
[04:55] | – He’s making us do this. – He died over 200 years ago. | -他让我们做这个作业 -他两百年前就死了 |
[04:58] | -So it’s you making us do this. -Yeah. | -所以是你让我们做这个作业喽 -没错 |
[05:03] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[05:10] | I’m doing my best, | 我已经尽力了 |
[05:15] | but some days are hard. | 但是有时候生活会很艰难 |
[05:18] | Like today was a hard day. | 比如今天就是 |
[05:21] | I’m doing my best. | 我已经尽力了 |
[05:26] | Do you fly around up there? | 你在上面可以飞来飞去吗 |
[05:27] | Is it crowded? | 挤不挤啊 |
[05:29] | Do you bump into anybody, or is there room to go fast? | 飞得快的话会不会撞到别人啊 |
[05:33] | Auggie, honey? Oh. | 奥吉 亲爱的 |
[05:37] | Are you sleeping? | 你睡着了啊 |
[05:39] | Okay, I understand. Good night. | 我知道了 晚安 |
[05:44] | Can you see me from up there? | 你在上面能看见我吗 |
[05:47] | How many fingers am I holding up? | 我这有几根手指头 |
[05:50] | – Hi. – You’re still here? | -嗨 -你还在啊 |
[05:53] | Yeah-huh. | 是的 |
[05:56] | Very clever with the shutting-the-door thing. | 关门那招很聪明 |
[05:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:01] | Are you talking to someone? | 你是在跟谁说话吗 |
[06:04] | No, I was talking in my sleep. I’m sleeping right now. | 没 我在说梦话呢 我睡着了 |
[06:06] | Oh. ‘Cause you’re saying some very interesting things. | 因为你说的话很有意思 |
[06:10] | Could we talk about it tomorrow when I wake up? | 可以等到明天我醒了再说吗 |
[06:12] | Yeah. And you know, some things are just personal and private, | 可以 你要知道 有些事情如果你不想说 |
[06:16] | and that’s okay too. | 也没问题 |
[06:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:26] | Okay. Just you and me. | 好了 就剩咱们俩了 |
[06:29] | Do you have anything you want to talk about? | 你有什么想说的吗 |
[06:32] | I’m a good listener. | 我很善于聆听哦 |
[06:39] | You don’t just pick things up and think that they’re yours. | 你不能捡到东西就据为已有 |
[06:42] | Oh, my gosh! Look what I found! | 快看我发现什么了 |
[06:44] | You need to believe in things. | 你要有信仰 |
[06:47] | I might if my life was as hunky-dory as yours. | 我的生活要是像你那么好的话没准会有 |
[06:49] | Oh, so you’re saying it’s easier to believe when things are going well? | 所以你的意思是一帆风顺的话更有可能有信仰喽 |
[06:53] | Things are going well. I just got 10 bucks | 生活是一帆风顺啊 我捡到十块钱 |
[06:54] | and this new purse I just lent you. | 还有这个借给你的包 |
[06:56] | Then why won’t you believe in anything? | 你为什么什么都不相信呢 |
[07:01] | How can you go through life so blind, so trusting? | 你怎么能在生活中如此盲目地信任呢 |
[07:03] | I do trust in certain things. | 我是相信某些事物 |
[07:06] | Why? What is that? I don’t understand that. | 为什么呢 你相信什么 我不明白 |
[07:07] | I don’t know. I just feel like I have a better life because of it. | 我也不知道 我就是觉得因为它我的生活变得更好了 |
[07:10] | You have a better life because of look-at-ya! | 你的生活比别人更好 是因为 看看你自己 |
[07:13] | Your freak face is just a collection of cells and bone structure | 你这张脸只不过是一些细胞和骨架 |
[07:16] | that was randomly and somehow so perfectly put together | 被随机但又完美地组合在了一起 |
[07:18] | that if there is a force that did that for you, | 如果那是什么神奇力量的话 |
[07:20] | I’ll tell you right now, he hates me. | 那我就告诉你吧 他讨厌我 |
[07:22] | How has my deep, deep teenage belief system not rubbed off on you? | 为什么我深层的少女信仰系统没有对你产生影响呢 |
[07:26] | Thomas Jefferson, please. | 请讨论托马斯·杰斐逊 |
[07:28] | Fine. What do we know about him? | 好的 关于他你知道些什么 |
[07:31] | He’s on both my five-dollar bills. | 我的两张五块钱上都有他 |
[07:33] | – He’s on the two. – I just said that. | -他是在两块上 -我刚就是这么说的 |
[07:35] | He wrote the Declaration of Independence. | 他写了独立宣言 |
[07:37] | – Lincoln. – Jefferson. | -是林肯写的 -是杰斐逊 |
[07:39] | Do you even know the difference between them? | 你知道他俩的差别吗 |
[07:41] | – Three bucks. – Hi, girls. | -差三块 -姑娘们 |
[07:43] | You aren’t going to be any help on this, are you? | 你是帮不上我什么忙了 是吧 |
[07:45] | I have faith that somehow it’ll all get done. | 我相信作业总会完成的 |
[07:46] | Yeah, by me, Maya, like always. | 是啊 我完成的 一如既往 |
[07:48] | And we’re just going to go over here. | 我们还是来这边好了 |
[07:52] | They burned Joan of Arc at the stake because they were afraid. | 他们用火刑烧死贞德是因为他们害怕了 |
[07:55] | Just like you’re afraid | 就像你害怕 |
[07:55] | there are certain things that can’t be explained by science. | 有些事情不能被科学解释一样 |
[07:58] | They were afraid because they believed in witches and superstitions, | 他们害怕是因为他们相信巫师和迷信 |
[08:00] | because they lacked the knowledge to diagnose her condition. | 因为他们缺乏知识去诊断她的状态 |
[08:02] | Why do you have to call it a condition? She had a vision. | 你为什么称之为状态 她那叫神示 |
[08:05] | Well, you say “vision,” but you know vision, properly diagnosed | 你说“神示” 但你要知道 所谓“神示” |
[08:07] | by a medical professional is, “Whoo!” | 在医学工作者看来可能并不存在 |
[08:10] | Farkle, you did it. | 法尔科 你赢了 |
[08:14] | What I believe? All wrong. | 我相信的东西都是错的 |
[08:17] | I really respect how you and your… | 我钦佩你以及你 |
[08:20] | Your scientific mind have changed me. | 改变我的科学思维 |
[08:22] | Oh, either that or pffft! | 全是扯淡 |
[08:27] | Okay, I can’t work with St. Huckleberry the Perfect. | 好吧 我没法跟小越橘一起合作 |
[08:30] | – Tell me about it. – Riley, change partners? | -可不是嘛 -莱丽 交换搭档吧 |
[08:32] | -Absolutely. -Oh, of course, you’d make it a square dance. | -好啊 -可不嘛 你俩跳方块舞吧 |
[08:45] | Yes? | 啥事儿 |
[08:48] | We want to switch teams. | 我们要交换搭档 |
[08:49] | “No can do, kids! Once you make teams, | 不可以 孩子们 一旦组成队伍 |
[08:51] | “there’s no switching back because what I say goes, | 就不可以再换了因为我说了算 |
[08:53] | “because I have a whistle.” | 因为我有口哨 |
[08:55] | I don’t sound like that. | 我不是这么说话的 |
[08:58] | You do. | 你就是这么说话的 |
[09:01] | Okay, fine, go ahead, switch. | 好吧 你们换吧 |
[09:03] | – Really? – Sure. | -当真 -当真 |
[09:09] | Wow, he really does. | 他还真吹哨子了 |
[09:11] | – He’s up to something. – He’s sneaky smart. | -他心里有打算 -他可狡猾了 |
[09:13] | Well, maybe we should just stay the teams that we were. | 或许咱们不该交换搭档 |
[09:15] | – Not a chance. – I’m fine with my face. | -不可能 -我挺满意我的脸的 |
[09:19] | Maya, come on, I won’t bring it up again. | 玛雅 拜托 我不再提那事了 |
[09:22] | You and I are always partners. | 咱俩是永远的好搭档 |
[09:24] | Riles, I just… I just need a break. | 莱丽 我 我想休息一下 |
[09:26] | -From what? -From you and all these things you believe. | -为什么 -因为你还有你的信仰 |
[09:39] | I don’t think she really meant that, Riley. | 我觉得她不是那个意思 莱丽 |
[09:41] | She does. She wants a break from me. | 她就是那个意思 她嫌弃我了 |
[09:44] | Money changes people. | 金钱让人改变 |
[09:47] | – Maya? – Maya’s on vacation. | -玛雅 -玛雅正在度假 |
[09:49] | Please leave a message at the beep. | 请在听到嘟声后留言 |
[09:55] | Oh, there’s no beep, is there? | 没有嘟声是不是 |
[09:56] | Look, Riley and I are just taking friendly little break. | 听着 我和莱丽只是和平休整 |
[10:00] | -It’s no big thing. -I’m not sure Riley sees it that way. | -没啥大不了的 -我觉得莱丽不是这么想的 |
[10:05] | The two of you can’t be apart. | 你们俩就不应该分开 |
[10:06] | It shakes the foundations of the whole world. | 这会让整个世界动摇的 |
[10:08] | That’s not very scientific, Farkle. | 这不科学 法尔科 |
[10:09] | Some things are just true. | 我说的是事实 |
[10:11] | I’m on vacation, | 我在度假 |
[10:13] | just like you’re on vacation from the cowboy. | 就像你离开了牛仔在度假一样 |
[10:15] | How does Lucas have faith in stuff he can’t even see? | 为什么卢卡斯会相信他没见过的东西 |
[10:18] | How are me and him even friends? | 我和他怎么会成为朋友 |
[10:22] | Join me at the beach, Farkle. | 和我一起来海边度假 法尔科 |
[10:28] | Is nothing real anymore? | 还有什么是真实的吗 |
[10:37] | You know, it is possible that you’re too close. | 可能是因为你俩太亲密了 |
[10:43] | Okay, let’s just do the assignment then. | 好了 赶紧做作业吧 |
[10:47] | How do you feel about Thomas Jefferson? | 对于托马斯·杰斐逊你有什么想法 |
[10:48] | Well, the more I read, the more impressive he gets. | 我资料看得越多 越被他的事迹所折服 |
[10:51] | Right? He never once wavered from what he believed. | 是吧 他从不动摇自己的信仰 |
[10:54] | I admire his strength of character. | 我钦佩他的骨气 |
[10:55] | So we completely agree with each other. | 所以我们达成了一致 |
[10:57] | Looks like it. | 貌似是这样 |
[10:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:00] | So why do I need you? | 那我为啥需要你 |
[11:03] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[11:05] | I think Joan of Arc had a screw loose. | 我觉得圣女贞德精神有问题 |
[11:07] | Eh, she was just a goofball teenage girl | 她只是一个想展示 |
[11:09] | that just wanted to show what she thought about things. | 自己想法的蠢萌少女 |
[11:11] | Sounds like someone we know. | 听上去像是我们认识的某个人 |
[11:18] | Sounds like deep down, you admire her. | 听上去你在内心深处是钦佩她的 |
[11:20] | No. | 才不是 |
[11:23] | I don’t admire her. | 我才不钦佩她呢 |
[11:24] | I don’t miss her | 我也不想她 |
[11:26] | and I am quite enjoying my “me” time. | 我正享受自己的美好时光呢 |
[11:31] | I miss her. I love her. | 我好想她 我爱她 |
[11:34] | What did you do to me, Farkle? | 你对我做了什么 法尔科 |
[11:36] | – Where are you going? – Airport. You ruined my whole vacation. | -你要去哪里 -机场啊 你把我的假期都给毁了 |
[11:46] | Hi, peaches! | 你好呀 宝贝 |
[11:48] | You’re back! What’d you bring me? | 你终于回来了 给我带了什么好东西 |
[11:51] | Nothing. Where’s my dinner? | 什么也没带 我的晚饭呢 |
[11:55] | Ooh, that’s a good one. | 哦 这张不错 |
[12:03] | Okay, we know you’re going to say no, but… | 好吧 我们知道你肯定会说不行 但是 |
[12:05] | – Switch again. – Thank you. | -换回来吧 -谢谢你 |
[12:07] | So are you and Maya back together? | 所以你和玛雅和好了 |
[12:09] | No, Riley and I have decided to separate our work lives | 没有 莱丽和我决定 作业和生活 |
[12:11] | from our bay-window lives. | 公私分明 |
[12:13] | Well, I’m sure that will keep the love alive. | 那我相信这样一来 友谊天长地久 |
[12:24] | Why did my father assign us Jefferson? | 为什么我爸爸把作业主题定为杰斐逊 |
[12:27] | I get that he wrote the Declaration of Independence. | 我知道他起草了《独立宣言》 |
[12:31] | He said, “We hold these truths to be self-evident.” | 他说 我们认为下述真理是不言而喻的 |
[12:34] | Is that what he wants us to know? | 这就是他想告诉我们的吗 |
[12:36] | That believing in something is just the obvious thing to do? | 信仰是一件再明显不过的事 |
[12:39] | Not to me. | 我不是这样 |
[12:41] | A scientist needs to hold things under a microscope, Riley. | 科学家需要在显微镜下仔细观察 莱丽 |
[12:43] | That’s the only way to really understand what’s right in front of you. | 只有这样才能真正了解眼前的事物 |
[12:45] | Did you ever think that when you look through a microscope, | 你有没有想过 当你用显微镜观察细节的时候 |
[12:48] | you miss the bigger picture? | 你会忽略全局 |
[12:49] | No. | 没想过 |
[12:52] | So Joan of Arc. I think she was kind of amazing. | 我们谈谈圣女贞德吧 我觉得她很了不起 |
[12:56] | Lucas, what is it that makes people like her and you | 卢卡斯 到底是什么让你和她这样的人 |
[13:00] | have faith in a higher power? | 相信存在着至高无上的力量 |
[13:02] | Riley of Arc is trying to push me there, | 圣女莱丽一直给我灌输这种观念 |
[13:05] | but I’m just not the type of person | 但我不喜欢 |
[13:07] | that likes to be pushed, you know? | 被洗脑的感觉 你懂吗 |
[13:09] | Yeah, I’ve noticed. | 我懂 |
[13:11] | I don’t think you can be pushed into something this important anyway, | 我觉得就算是莱丽也没法给你灌输 |
[13:14] | even by Riley. | 这么重要的东西 |
[13:17] | Yeah. Joan of Arc thought she had a voice in her head. | 是啊 圣女贞德以为她脑子里有人在说话呢 |
[13:21] | Yeah. Look, don’t expect it to be big, loud and obvious. | 听着 不要期待这种声音有多大 多响亮 或者多明显 |
[13:25] | For me, most of what I believe comes to me when it’s quiet. | 对我来说 我相信的大多数东西都是悄然出现的 |
[13:28] | Yeah? I don’t get a lot of quiet. | 是吗 我一向静不下来 |
[13:31] | What do you do? | 你是怎么做的 |
[13:32] | I don’t know. You just… you just listen. | 我不知道 你 你听着就好 |
[13:43] | Honey, are you okay? Why are your eyes wide open? | 宝贝 你没事吧 怎么还睁着眼睛 |
[13:48] | Do they really burn people at the stake? | 真的有火刑这种事吗 |
[13:50] | No. Who put that idea in your head? | 没有 谁告诉你的 |
[13:53] | They’re talking about him… Tony Stark. | 他们就是在说他啊 托尼·斯塔克 |
[13:56] | They can’t do that to him. He’s made of iron. | 他们不能这么对他 他是钢铁人 |
[13:59] | Tony Stark? Oh. No, honey, calm down. | 托尼·斯塔克 哦 不 宝贝 淡定 |
[14:03] | They were talking about Joan of Arc. It was a long time ago. | 哥哥姐姐说的是圣女贞德 那是好久之前的事了 |
[14:06] | She was talking to people and no one could see who she was talking to. | 她一直在说话 但是人们不知道她在和谁说话 |
[14:08] | It scared people. | 这就吓到别人了 |
[14:10] | So if you’re talking, but no one is really there, | 所以如果你在对空气说话 |
[14:13] | they come after you? | 那么就会有人来找你算账 |
[14:15] | Auggie, this is not something for you to be worried about, okay? | 奥吉 这不是你该担心的事 知道吗 |
[14:19] | Okay, then I won’t. | 好吧 我不担心了 |
[14:29] | Is this why I didn’t hear you talking tonight? | 所以我今晚才没听到你自言自语 |
[14:32] | You wouldn’t let anybody get me, right? | 你会保护我的对不对 |
[14:36] | Auggie, nobody is going to get you, | 奥吉 没人会来找你算账 |
[14:39] | except me. | 除了我 |
[14:41] | Mommy? | 妈妈 |
[14:43] | Yes, Aug? | 怎么了 奥吉 |
[14:44] | You think Daddy will be okay without you for a few more minutes? | 爸爸要是离开你几分钟的话应该没事吧 |
[14:48] | Yes. He’s a big boy. He’ll be just fine. | 当然啦 他是大孩子了 没事的 |
[14:50] | Topanga, I’m lonely! | 托庞嘉 人家好寂寞啦 |
[14:59] | Can I ask you a very personal question? | 我能问你一个很私人的问题吗 |
[15:02] | Are there any other kind? | 有不私人的问题吗 |
[15:04] | – Do you pray? – All the time. | -你会祈祷吗 -一直如此 |
[15:07] | – Isn’t that sort of… – Amazing. | -那不是有点 -美好 |
[15:08] | – Greedy? – Greedy? How? | -贪婪 -贪婪 怎么会 |
[15:12] | Shouldn’t you leave something for someone else? | 你难道不应该留点东西给别人吗 |
[15:14] | – Huh. – Well, I think everyone gets heard. | -这样啊 -我觉得我们的交谈很愉快 |
[15:16] | See, I just don’t get how those things are possible. | 我真是不明白 怎么会有人相信这种东西 |
[15:19] | I mean, do you really believe He hears everything you say? | 你真的相信他能听到你说的所有话吗 |
[15:21] | – Do you like computers? – I do. | -你喜欢电脑吗 -喜欢 |
[15:23] | Can I find out everywhere you’ve been with just one click? | 是不是只要我点一下鼠标 就能看到你的所有浏览记录 |
[15:27] | – Yeah. – God can’t do that? | -是的 -上帝做不到吗 |
[15:32] | Morning, guys. You get everything sorted out? | 大家早上好 你们都想明白了吗 |
[15:36] | No. Why won’t everybody just believe everything I believe? | 没有 大家为什么不能相信我相信的一切 |
[15:39] | – They won’t? – No. | -他们不相信吗 -不相信 |
[15:42] | How dare they? | 胆子倒挺大 |
[15:44] | Farkle, I thought men of science were open to new discoveries? | 法尔科 科学之星不应该乐于接受新的发现吗 |
[15:48] | Look, people, it’s simple… Seeing is believing. | 这其实并不复杂 眼见为实 |
[15:51] | So you don’t believe that Joan of Arc heard the voice of… | 所以你不相信圣女贞德听见了 |
[15:53] | – God? First you’ll have to prove God to me. – Okay. | -上帝的声音 那你首先得证明他存在 -好吧 |
[15:57] | Okay, I’m right, or okay, you’re actually going… | 你的意思是我说得对 你只不过是在 |
[15:59] | Take a deep breath, Farkle. | 深呼吸 法尔科 |
[16:02] | Now that air that you just breathed in, | 你刚刚吸进去的那口气 |
[16:04] | that air that’s between you and me, what color is it? | 吸进去前就在我们之间 它是什么颜色的 |
[16:07] | It’s clear, Mr. Matthews. That’s why I can see you. | 透明的 马修斯老师 所以我才能看见你 |
[16:09] | I believe in you because I can see you. | 因为我能看见你 所以我相信你存在 |
[16:11] | – That’s your position? – Yes. | -这就是你的观点 -是的 |
[16:13] | – Roy G. Biv. – Uh-oh. | -红橙黄绿青蓝紫 -不好 |
[16:17] | – What? – We learned about Roy G. Biv in first grade. | -怎么了 -我们一年级就学了 |
[16:20] | Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet. | 红色 橙色 黄色 绿色 蓝色 青色 紫色 |
[16:23] | It’s a rainbow. | 那是彩虹的颜色 |
[16:24] | You got a prism on you, Farkle? | 法尔科 你带棱镜了吧 |
[16:26] | No! Who would carry a… Why would you think… yes. | 没有 谁会带 你怎么会觉得我 好吧我带了 |
[16:30] | Great. | 很好 |
[16:32] | So remind me what this does, please. | 大家告诉我棱镜是做什么的 |
[16:35] | It slows down the speed of light | 通过光的折射 |
[16:36] | and refracts it into the elemental spectrum of colors. | 把白光分解为光谱 |
[16:39] | Ooh, a rainbow. | 哦 彩虹 |
[16:41] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[16:43] | So this air that’s between you and me | 所以我们之间的空气 |
[16:45] | isn’t really clear at all, is it? | 也不能算是透明的 是吧 |
[16:47] | -Even though we can’t see that. -Okay, but I don’t see how… | -尽管我们看不到 -好吧 但我没看出来 |
[16:50] | What’s outside that window, Farkle? | 窗外是什么 法尔科 |
[16:51] | Flowers, the fire escape, | 花 逃生梯 |
[16:53] | the street, the people on the street, apartment buildings. | 街道 路人 公寓楼 |
[16:55] | And what’s in the apartment buildings? | 公寓楼里是什么 |
[16:56] | I can’t see that. | 我看不到 |
[16:58] | People, families, mothers, fathers, kids. | 人 家庭 妈妈 爸爸 孩子 |
[17:01] | – And beyond them? – The sky, the stars, the whole universe. | -在他们之上呢 -天空 繁星 宇宙 |
[17:05] | All of it. Every person, every child, | 所有的东西 每个人 每个孩子 |
[17:08] | everything out there, everything we see and we don’t see… | 一切存在的事物 一切我们看到的 看不到的 |
[17:11] | All these shiny elements of a force that bound us together… | 这些闪光的片段都将我们紧紧相连 |
[17:13] | I like to think of that as a part of God refracted, | 我认为这折射出了上帝的多面性 |
[17:17] | aspects of God that I can see. | 我能看到上帝不同的侧面 |
[17:21] | What’s the secret to life, Riley? | 生活的奥秘是什么 莱丽 |
[17:22] | People change people. | 每个人都会因他人而改变 |
[17:24] | We’re here to discover what it is we want to believe in. | 我们今天聚在这里 是要找出我们想相信的东西 |
[17:28] | And different people believe in different things. | 不同的人相信不同的事 |
[17:30] | But it doesn’t hurt to listen to people we love | 但在我们做出决定前 不妨听听 |
[17:32] | before we decide for ourselves. | 我们所爱之人的观点 |
[17:37] | Oh. And, uh, Lucas? | 哦 呃 卢卡斯 |
[17:40] | – I’m in your daughter’s room? – Yeah. | -我在您女儿房间里 -是的 |
[17:56] | Just wanted to say good night, bud. | 只是想跟你说声晚安 宝贝 |
[17:59] | Daddy, you always protect me, right? | 爸爸 你一直在保护我 对吗 |
[18:01] | Don’t you have faith in us, bubba? | 你难道不相信我们吗 宝贝 |
[18:03] | I do. | 我相信 |
[18:04] | – So I’m safe? – You are. | -所以我是安全的咯 -是的 |
[18:07] | You live in a place where no one is going to hurt you | 你尽可以大声祈祷 |
[18:09] | for saying your prayers out loud. | 没有人会伤害你的 |
[18:11] | What? Oh, I wasn’t praying. | 什么 哦 我不在祈祷 |
[18:14] | I mean, I do pray. | 我是说 我的确会祈祷 |
[18:16] | I pray in the bathtub. | 我在浴缸里祈祷 |
[18:18] | I pray I won’t get sucked down the drain. | 祈祷自己不会被吸进下水道 |
[18:20] | Well, it’s working for you. | 看来有效果嘛 |
[18:25] | Wait, so Auggie, who have you been talking to? | 等等 奥吉 所以你在和谁说话 |
[18:28] | Mrs. Svorski. | 斯沃斯基太太 |
[18:32] | I’m worried she has no one to talk to anymore. | 我有点担心 没人和她说话 |
[18:35] | Auggie, you know what? | 奥吉 你知道吗 |
[18:37] | She’s got people up there that love her. | 天堂有很多爱她的人 |
[18:40] | And she’s got you down here. | 人间还有你在 |
[18:42] | Don’t worry. She’s covered. | 别担心 她会过得很好 |
[18:45] | So I could still talk to her? | 所以我还是能继续跟她说话的吗 |
[18:47] | It helps me not miss her so much. | 我真的很想念她 |
[18:49] | Any time you want. | 想什么时候说都可以 |
[18:50] | Please say hi for us. | 替我们跟她问好 |
[18:52] | I will. Good night. | 我会的 晚安 |
[18:55] | Good night, bubba. | 晚安 宝贝 |
[19:00] | Good night, you sweet boy. | 晚安 好孩子 |
[19:10] | So today I got you a cookie. | 今天我给你拿了块饼干 |
[19:12] | But I wasn’t sure where to send it, | 但不知道怎么寄给你 |
[19:15] | so I ate it. | 所以我就把它吃掉了 |
[19:17] | Tomorrow I’m getting you a toy. | 明天我会给你带玩具哦 |
[19:24] | We’re all up here together because we don’t know who’s with who anymore. | 我们之所以都上台 是因为我们已经完全搞不清楚分组了 |
[19:27] | – Thomas Jefferson. – Joan of Arc. | -托马斯·杰斐逊 -圣女贞德 |
[19:29] | Before he wrote the Declaration of Independence, | 在起草《独立宣言》前 |
[19:32] | Jefferson warmed up with a little something called… | 杰斐逊起草了一个东西叫 |
[19:34] | The Virginia Statute of Religious Freedom. | 《弗吉尼亚宗教自由法案》 |
[19:36] | – Found it, did ya? – You knew we would. | -你们查到了 是吧 -你知道我们会查到的 |
[19:38] | He strongly believed that in a truly free society, | 他坚信 在一个真正自由的社会 |
[19:43] | religion should be a personal choice. | 宗教是个人的选择 |
[19:46] | Thanks to him and what he believed, | 正是因为他和他的信仰 |
[19:48] | we live in a place where we can listen to what others have to say | 我们现在才能够听取别人的观点 |
[19:52] | and then make decisions for ourselves. | 做出自己的决定 |
[19:56] | So how can I not do the same for you? | 所以我当然也会对你做同样的事情 |
[19:58] | Thanks, Riley. | 谢谢你 莱丽 |
[20:01] | Very enlightening, ladies. Guys? | 女生的话很有启发 男生有什么想说的吗 |
[20:04] | Joan of Arc was the fiercest teenage girl there ever was, | 圣女贞德是有史以来最彪悍的年轻女孩了 |
[20:07] | and I know some pretty fierce teenage girls. | 我也认识不少彪悍的女生 但没她那么厉害 |
[20:11] | She believed so much in what she thought was right, | 她对自己认为正确的事深信不疑 |
[20:13] | her beliefs inspired a whole nation. | 她的信仰鼓舞了整个国家 |
[20:16] | Did God speak to her? Who can say for sure? | 上帝真的和她说话了吗 谁能确定呢 |
[20:18] | But there is no question that she believed. | 但毫无疑问的是 她相信这一点 |
[20:20] | And that’s what gave her a strong voice of her own. | 所以才会勇敢地站出来说出心中所想 |
[20:24] | – Nice report, guys. – Nice assignment, Mr. Matthews. | -这次报告很精彩 同学们 -这次作业也很棒 马修斯老师 |
[20:26] | Thanks, Farkle. I try. | 谢谢 法尔科 我尽力了 |
[20:29] | Want to know what I learned to believe? | 想知道我学习到应该相信什么了吗 |
[20:31] | Absolutely. | 当然想 |
[20:32] | We are somehow surrounded by the people we need in our lives. | 我们和自己所需要的人生活在一起 |
[20:38] | They’re right in front of me. | 他们就在眼前 |
[20:41] | And I can see them. | 我可以看到他们 |
[20:43] | I don’t know how it happened | 我不知道 |
[20:46] | that the four of us are here together in this place | 此时此刻我们四个 |
[20:49] | at this time right now, | 为什么会相聚在这里 |
[20:51] | That part’s a mystery to me. | 这对我来说是个谜 |
[20:55] | But I’m grateful that it happened. | 但我充满感激 |
[21:05] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[21:08] | Well, we went on a pretty good journey for five bucks, didn’t we? | 这五美元让我们经历了好多妙不可言的事 是吧 |
[21:11] | It’s worth it to me to give someone else the chance to go. | 也该把这份美好传递给别人了 |
[21:37] | I love you just the way you are | 我爱你现在的样子 |
[21:39] | and I never want you to take a vacation from me again | 你不许再离开我去旅行了 |
[21:41] | and I will never try to make you do any… | 我也不会再强迫你 |
[21:43] | I said a prayer last night. | 我昨晚祈祷了 |
[21:45] | Can I say yay? | 我能欢呼吗 |
[21:47] | It was real quiet. | 当时很安静 |
[21:49] | I was alone in my bedroom looking out my window. | 我一个人在房间里往窗外看 |
[21:52] | And all those people in all those buildings, | 那么多楼 里面有那么多人 |
[21:55] | I just… I wanted them to be taken care of. | 我只是 我希望有人可以照顾他们 |
[21:59] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[22:00] | You were in my prayer last night too, and my mom. | 我昨晚的祈祷里有你 还有我妈妈 |
[22:03] | Ooh, what did you pray for me? | 哦 你为我祈祷了什么 |
[22:05] | No, no, no, don’t tell me. That’s between you and… | 不不不 别告诉我 那是你和 |
[22:07] | I want you to have an endless supply of great days. | 我希望你一辈子都幸福快乐 |
[22:11] | Thank you. What did you pray for yourself? | 谢谢你 你为自己祈祷了什么 |
[22:13] | Me? Nothing. | 我吗 没有 |
[22:16] | I would never bug Him about me. | 我才不会拿自己的事烦他呢 |
[22:18] | Gee, I always bug Him about me. | 天啊 我一直拿自己的事烦他 |
[22:23] | I like what you believe, Maya. | 我很喜欢你的信仰 玛雅 |
[22:25] | Thanks, Riley. | 谢谢你 莱丽 |
[22:29] | I will always have a lot to learn. | 我还有好多要学习的东西 |