时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Boo, this class. | 这门课真糟糕啊 |
[00:10] | Do you even know which one it is? | 你知道现在是什么课吗 |
[00:11] | I’m gonna need a clue. | 给点提示 |
[00:18] | Science. | 科学课 |
[00:20] | Morning, Farkle. What’s new? | 早啊 法尔科 有什么新鲜事吗 |
[00:22] | I’m reading this great book on anti-gravity. | 我在读一本反重力驱动力的书 |
[00:23] | I can’t put it down. | 简直停不下来 |
[00:25] | – Ha! – Ha! | -哈 -哈 |
[00:26] | I hate this class. | 我恨死这门课了 |
[00:32] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 同学们 |
[00:34] | I invite you to join me on a journey of discovery. | 我邀请你们与我一同踏入探索发现的旅程 |
[00:38] | Your midterm experiment. | 你们的期中实验 |
[00:40] | Yay! | 耶 |
[00:42] | Do I look sleepy to you? | 你看我是不是快睡着了 |
[00:44] | In front of you, each team will find a beaker of a clear, liquid solution. | 每一组的桌上都放着一个装有清澈透明溶液的烧杯 |
[00:49] | Oh boy, he’s like a sleep machine. | 我的老天爷 简直催眠曲 |
[00:51] | And next to that… and here’s where it gets exciting… | 然后 下面的内容很好玩的哟 |
[00:54] | A mystery marble! | 还有一颗神秘的石头 |
[00:56] | Good night! | 晚安 |
[00:59] | Right after school, | 放学之后 |
[01:01] | precisely at 3:15, | 三点一刻准时 |
[01:03] | one member of each team will drop the marble | 每组派一个人把石头 |
[01:05] | into the beaker. | 扔进烧杯里 |
[01:07] | The elements in the marble will break down over night | 石头中的元素会在一夜内被分解 |
[01:10] | and turn into sludge. | 变成沉淀 |
[01:11] | Then, the other team member will discover what that sludge is | 然后小组的另一位成员将会研究沉淀物的成分 |
[01:15] | and what it takes to turn the beaker back to clear. | 以及如何让烧杯中的液体重新变清澈 |
[01:18] | Who’s supposed to do what? | 大家怎么分工呢 |
[01:20] | Well, that’s up to you. You’re a team. | 你们是一个团队 你们自己决定 |
[01:22] | Divide the responsibilities as you see fit. | 根据每个人不同的能力分配不同的任务 |
[01:24] | I’ve been conducting this experiment for 35 years. | 这个实验我已经做了35年了 |
[01:28] | I’ve kept thorough notes. | 有详细的笔记 |
[01:29] | Very few have cracked it. | 没有几次成功的 |
[01:31] | Well, you could add my name to your journal right now, sir. | 老师 你现在就可以加上我的名字 |
[01:33] | I hope so, Farkle. | 我也这么希望 法尔科 |
[01:35] | Let the games begin! | 游戏开始 |
[01:38] | Okay… You get that? | 好吧 你明白没 |
[01:40] | I have to do something? | 我有事干吗 |
[01:42] | All you have to do is come in this afternoon and drop a marble. | 你要做的就是今天下午过来 往烧杯里放一块石头 |
[01:44] | I have to drop a marble? | 我要放一块石头 |
[01:46] | I will pick it up and hand it to you. | 我会捡一块给你 |
[01:48] | I have to take it from you? | 我要从你手里拿 |
[01:50] | That’s it. | 没错 |
[01:51] | Well, how’s my hand supposed to get to the beaker? | 那 我的手怎么靠近烧杯 |
[01:53] | You know what? Let’s just move the beaker | 这样吧 咱们把烧杯 |
[01:54] | to the very edge of the desk, | 挪到桌子边上 |
[01:56] | so you don’t even have to lean forward. | 这样你就不用往前探着身子了 |
[01:57] | I have to put this in that? | 我要把这玩意放进那里面去 |
[01:59] | – That’s it. – It’s too much. | -没错 -任务太艰巨我完成不了啊 |
[02:04] | Okay, Riley, | 好了 莱丽 |
[02:05] | you drop the marble, I’ll figure out the sludge, | 你把石头放进去 我来研究沉淀 |
[02:07] | and earn us yet another “A.” | 然后给咱们组得一个A |
[02:09] | Okay. That’s all I have to do? | 好吧 我就需要做这么一点 |
[02:11] | Well, I am the scientist around here. | 是啊 我比较擅长科学啊 |
[02:13] | -Farkle, I don’t understand Why I can’t… -You do want an “A,” don’t you? | -法尔科 我不明白我为什么不能 -你想得A吧 想吗 |
[02:21] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[02:22] | I don’t like this either. | 我也不喜欢 |
[02:24] | Something’s wrong. | 感觉怪怪的 |
[02:25] | Why do we have to drop the marble | 为什么法尔科和卢卡斯就能做实验 |
[02:27] | while Farkle and Lucas do the science? | 而我们只要扔一块石头就完事了 |
[02:29] | Why is school over and I don’t got a chimichanga? | 为啥放学了我还没有面卷饼吃 |
[02:32] | Maya, something’s wrong. | 玛雅 事情不对头 |
[02:34] | I feel like there’s a real problem here, | 我觉得这是个大问题 |
[02:36] | but I just can’t see what it is yet. | 但我还没有看清到底是什么问题 |
[02:43] | Now I see it. | 现在我明白了 |
[02:44] | I see nothing unusual. | 我没觉得有什么不正常啊 |
[02:46] | Social injustice. | 社会不公平现象 |
[02:47] | Drop your marble and go. | 把石头放进去赶紧走人 |
[02:49] | If you drop these marbles, | 如果你们把石头放进去 |
[02:51] | you are buying into a system where the women, what? | 就等于默认了这个社会体系 |
[02:53] | Buy shoes? | 女人买鞋 |
[02:55] | While the men learn the science. | 男人搞科研 |
[02:56] | Shoes. Let’s go. | 买鞋 走吧 |
[02:58] | The system works. | 这样挺好的 |
[03:01] | No! | 不要 |
[03:05] | Maya, I am very disappointed in our sisters. | 玛雅 我对咱们的姐妹们很失望啊 |
[03:08] | They don’t believe we can do what the boys can do. | 她们不相信男生能做到的我们也能做到 |
[03:10] | Chi. Mi. Chan. Ga. | 吃 面 卷 饼 |
[03:16] | You are not going to drop your marble. | 不许把石头放进去 |
[03:19] | Oh, I’m gonna drop my marble, | 哦 我就要把它放进去 |
[03:20] | but to make you feel better, I’m gonna drop it like a dude. | 但是为了让你高兴点 我就像汉子一样把它扔进去吧 |
[03:22] | Maya, huh, takes the inbounds pass. | 玛雅场上运球 |
[03:25] | She dribbles down the court. | 她一路狂奔 |
[03:26] | Three seconds left on the clock. | 还有三秒钟的时间 |
[03:28] | Her opponent’s a tall, useless goose. | 她的对手是一名高大 没用的傻瓜 |
[03:29] | Maya fakes left, turns right… | 玛雅一个假动作向左 然后右转 |
[03:31] | Just stop! Tell me which way you’re going! | 停 告诉我你到底要往哪个方向走 |
[03:33] | She shoots… | 她投球了 |
[03:34] | Scores! Nothing but beaker! | 球进了 准准地落在烧杯里 |
[03:38] | Your turn, goose. | 该你了 傻蛋 |
[03:52] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[03:56] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[04:01] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[04:04] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[04:09] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[04:13] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[04:17] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[04:21] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[04:24] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[04:30] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[04:33] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[04:36] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[04:54] | What happened? I don’t get it. | 什么情况 我没明白 |
[04:56] | Science is my favorite time of day. What happened? | 科学课是我每天最开心的时间 怎么了 |
[04:58] | I’m gonna retrace my steps. | 我再重来一遍 |
[05:13] | That’s the reason right there. | 就是这个原因 |
[05:17] | It all started with Eve. | 从夏娃就开始了 |
[05:19] | Women have been treated as second-class citizens ever since. | 女人在社会中一直遭受歧视 |
[05:21] | Thank goodness for strong women like Queen Elizabeth, | 谢天谢地 很多女强人比如伊丽莎白女王 |
[05:23] | then Susan B. Anthony helped get women the vote, | 苏珊·安东尼帮助女性获得了选举权 |
[05:25] | and then Betty Friedan wrote The Feminine Mystique, | 然后贝蒂·弗里丹写了《女性的神秘》 |
[05:27] | and then Riley Matthews refused to drop the marble, | 然后莱丽·马修斯拒绝把石头放进烧杯 |
[05:29] | and then here we are. | 现在就是这么个情况 |
[05:31] | You had one job to do. | 你就只需要做一件事 |
[05:33] | You mean, take care of the babies, Farkle. | 你是说照顾孩子吗 法尔科 |
[05:36] | What? | 什么 |
[05:37] | How long have I been out? | 我晕过去多久了 |
[05:39] | I’m taking a stand. | 我要表明自己的立场 |
[05:41] | How could you let her do this? | 你怎么能让她这么做 |
[05:42] | She’s on a mission, Farkle. Have you met her? | 她特有使命感 法尔科 难道你刚认识她 |
[05:44] | Riley, you don’t actually think Farkle had you drop the marble | 莱丽 你不会认为法尔科让你放石头 |
[05:46] | because you’re a girl, do you? | 只是因为你是个女生吧 |
[05:48] | We were all girls, Lucas. | 我们都是女生 卢卡斯 |
[05:49] | Every single set of lab partners sent the girl. | 每一组放石头的都是女生 |
[05:51] | Yes. That’s interesting, isn’t it? | 是啊 有意思 是不是 |
[05:53] | What is that? | 这是怎么回事 |
[05:54] | I’ll tell you what it is. It’s a redo. | 我告诉你吧 重做 |
[05:56] | She failed. I didn’t fail. | 她没完成任务 跟我没关系 |
[05:58] | I want a redo! I want a redo, man! | 我要重做 重做 老师 |
[06:00] | No redo. Equal responsibility. | 不许重来 每个人的责任是相同的 |
[06:03] | One shared grade. | 每个人的成绩也相同 |
[06:04] | That’s right. We should be equal. | 没错 我们是平等的 |
[06:06] | Why do you guys think we’re the ones who should drop the marble | 为什么你们要让我们来放石头 |
[06:09] | while you figure out the science. | 你们来搞研究呢 |
[06:10] | Hey, it’s not like you guys begged us to do it. | 又不是你们求着我们做的 |
[06:13] | Did you wanna do the science? | 那你们想搞研究吗 |
[06:14] | I was okay with you doing it. | 你做的话我没意见啊 |
[06:15] | Sarah, how is that going to help us? | 莎拉 别帮倒忙行不行 |
[06:18] | How are we going to become scientists | 我们如果不学习 |
[06:20] | if we don’t learn this stuff? | 该如何成为科学家 |
[06:21] | So, I won’t be a scientist. | 那又如何 反正我不会成为科学家的 |
[06:23] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[06:24] | Nobody wants to be the first girl on Mars? | 你们都不想成为登上火星的第一名女性吗 |
[06:28] | Represent, Brenda! | 好样的 布兰达 |
[06:30] | But one’s not enough. | 但一个人还远远不够 |
[06:33] | Bay window. | 凸窗 |
[06:34] | Bay window, all of you! | 所有人 凸窗前面集合 |
[06:40] | Tell ’em, Mommy! Get ’em! | 告诉她们 老妈 |
[06:41] | Tell them they’re a disgrace to our entire whatever. | 告诉她们 她们是巨大的耻辱 |
[06:45] | Welcome to our home. | 欢迎来我们家 |
[06:47] | No nice. Go for the kill. | 别这么温柔啊 直接训话 |
[06:49] | Unfortunately, Riley, this is a serious problem. | 可惜 莱丽 这是个大问题 |
[06:51] | The girls your age start to drift away from stem subjects– | 你们这个年纪的女生开始离理工科越来越远了 |
[06:54] | Science, technology, engineering, math. | 科学 技术 工程 数学 |
[06:56] | The research shows that we tend to play the roles we think we’re supposed to. | 调查显示 我们扮演的角色大多是我们认为自己应该扮演的 |
[06:59] | -Hey, I’m me. -Yes, you are, you Amazon warrior. | -嗨 我就是我 -是啊 你是个亚马孙女战士 |
[07:02] | Have I told you how fond I am of you? | 我难道没告诉过你我有多喜欢你吗 |
[07:03] | – Tell me. – I am. | -告诉我 -我很喜欢你 |
[07:05] | She dropped her marble. | 她把石头放进去了 |
[07:07] | – Maya! – What? | -玛雅 -干嘛 |
[07:09] | I’m not trying to hurt the girl thing. I’m just lazy. | 我没别的意思 只是懒而已 |
[07:12] | You can’t be lazy. | 不可以 |
[07:13] | And you cannot think that it is | 你也不能认为受人喜欢 |
[07:14] | more important to be liked than it is to be leaders. | 比掌控局面更重要 |
[07:17] | Don’t talk yourself out of pursuing something | 不要因为害怕别人对你有看法 |
[07:19] | because you’re afraid of how it’s going to make you look. | 就不去追求你想要的东西 |
[07:21] | What you need to know is don’t let anybody get in the way | 你们要知道的是 无论你想做什么 |
[07:24] | of pursuing your growth and your curiosity, | 不要让任何人阻止你的成长 |
[07:26] | no matter what you want to do. | 也不要让别人消磨你的好奇心 |
[07:27] | I wanna be the best I can, and I want everybody to like me, | 我想尽我所能做到最好 我想要大家都喜欢我 |
[07:30] | and I dropped the marble, and I want your shoes. | 我把石头放进去了 我喜欢你的鞋 |
[07:34] | I wanna work at the company that makes your shoes. | 我想在制作你鞋子的公司工作 |
[07:38] | I wanna run the company that makes your shoes. | 我想经营那个做鞋的公司 |
[07:41] | Yes. | 好 |
[07:43] | Well, if we want it all, then we can’t let other people do the work for us. | 如果我们想要这些 就不能让别人替我们完成工作 |
[07:45] | – Then I’m out. – You’re in. | -那我不干了 -不行 |
[07:47] | I’m in. It’s not gonna take long, is it? | 好吧 不会花很长时间的 对吧 |
[07:49] | The rest of our lives. | 不 要花费我们的一生 |
[07:50] | That’s my girl. | 这就对了 |
[07:52] | Why’s it always gotta be the rest of our lives? | 为什么总是要一生的时间啊 |
[07:55] | That’s my other girl. | 你也不错哈 |
[08:06] | Oh boy. | 天哪 |
[08:08] | Where are the boys? | 男生们去哪了 |
[08:11] | Boys! | 小伙子们 |
[08:12] | I’m very glad to see you, because I thought there was a distinct possibility | 见到你们太好了 因为有我还以为 |
[08:15] | you could be… What’s the word I’m looking for? | 你们可能 那个词怎么说来着 |
[08:18] | Dead. | 死了 |
[08:19] | We didn’t do anything, | 我们什么也没做 |
[08:21] | and we don’t deserve to be dead. | 我们不该死 |
[08:28] | Not understanding the current climate of the room, | 小赛没有搞清楚现在的状况 |
[08:31] | Zay chooses to sit here. | 所以他选择在这坐着 |
[08:33] | Men. Am I right? | 男人都不是好东西 是吧 |
[08:35] | Get out! | 出去 |
[08:37] | Now I get it. | 现在我明白了 |
[08:39] | All right, does someone want to explain to me how we got here? | 好了 有没有人想解释一下这是什么情况 |
[08:42] | We were in science class… | 我们在上科学课 |
[08:43] | – She will talk. – I will listen. | -她来说 -那我听着 |
[08:44] | Okay, guys, calm down. | 好了好了 都冷静点 |
[08:47] | Now, today’s lesson is about the battle of Panipat. | 今天的课程 我们来学习帕尼帕特战役 |
[08:50] | There were three battles of Panipat. | 帕尼帕特战役一共打了三场 |
[08:52] | The first was called, the First Battle of Panipat. | 第一场叫做第一次帕尼帕特战役 |
[08:56] | You don’t respect us. | 你们不尊重我们 |
[08:58] | How can you possibly think that? | 你怎么能这么想 |
[09:00] | I call Farkle Minkus to the stand. | 请法尔科·明克斯与我对质 |
[09:03] | You can’t put him on trial, Riley. | 你不能这样审问他啊 |
[09:05] | Why not? Didn’t he make a judgment about me? | 为什么 他难道不是对我有偏见吗 |
[09:07] | We are really unprepared. | 我们可没想到这种突发事件 |
[09:09] | Yeah. See ya, buddy. | 好吧 回见了 哥们儿 |
[09:11] | This isn’t just about Farkle. This is about all of you. | 这不仅仅是法尔科的事 这关系到你们每个人 |
[09:14] | Yeah, Lucas. Didn’t you tell me to drop the marble? | 是啊 卢卡斯 不是你让我把石头放进去的吗 |
[09:17] | Yeah, I wanted us to do well on the midterm. | 没错啊 我只是想要大家期中得一个好成绩 |
[09:18] | Because you have no faith in my scientific abilities. | 因为你完全不相信我的科学能力 |
[09:21] | Because you fall asleep in my hand. | 因为你在我手里睡着了 |
[09:23] | Yogi made me drop the marble, too. | 尤吉也让我来放石头 |
[09:25] | I can’t reach the beaker. | 我够不到烧杯 |
[09:26] | I could have lifted you. | 我可以举着你啊 |
[09:27] | I don’t like that as much as you think. | 你可能以为我喜欢那样 可是我不喜欢好吧 |
[09:30] | I’ll tell ya who didn’t like something. | 我来给你们讲个故事 |
[09:32] | Vikramajit, the ruler of Gwalior in the First Battle of Panipat. | 第一次帕尼帕特战役时的瓜廖尔统治者 |
[09:36] | He died. Didn’t like it. | 他死了 很不爽 |
[09:40] | By relegating me to a second-class marble dropper, | 你派我做放石头这种低人一等的工作 |
[09:43] | you are stopping me from realizing my full potential. | 也阻止了我发现自己的潜力 |
[09:46] | Riley, I’m just better than you at this. | 莱丽 我这方面就是比你强 |
[09:47] | Farkle, if you were my friend, | 法尔科 如果你是我的朋友 |
[09:49] | you would want me to get better. | 你会希望看见我进步的 |
[09:50] | I like science. | 我爱科学 |
[09:51] | Why don’t you want me to get better? | 你为什么不想让我做得更好 |
[09:54] | I do. | 我当然想 |
[09:55] | There’s no situation where I wouldn’t want that for you. | 我当然想让你做得更好 |
[09:58] | Riley, I’ve always been your friend. | 莱丽 我一直是你的朋友 |
[09:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[10:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:03] | I thought some of you just didn’t want anything to do with science. | 我以为你们之中有些人只是对科学不感兴趣罢了 |
[10:06] | Sarah, you just told me you weren’t interested. | 莎拉 你刚刚说你不感兴趣的 |
[10:09] | It’s because I don’t stand up for myself! | 因为我没有站出来为自己说话 |
[10:12] | Well, I’m gonna hate to see it when you do. | 好吧 你这么做时我估计不会太喜欢的 |
[10:14] | I wanna carry you around like a doll whenever I want. | 我想随时随你把你当娃娃抱着 |
[10:18] | Do it. | 好啊 |
[10:20] | A real friend doesn’t let another friend fail. | 真正的朋友是不会眼睁睁看着他的朋友失败的 |
[10:22] | Our failure isn’t your fault, Riley. | 我们的失败不是你的错 莱丽 |
[10:24] | Our failure is on me. | 是我的错 |
[10:25] | I should have had more faith in you. | 我应该相信你的 |
[10:29] | Speaking of failure, | 说到失败 |
[10:30] | there will be a quiz tomorrow on the First Battle of Panipat. | 明天会有一个关于第一次帕尼帕特战役的小测验 |
[10:35] | It’s not gonna be a good day. | 估计到时候你们就悲催了 |
[10:44] | Are you proud of me, Mommy? | 你为我自豪吗 妈妈 |
[10:45] | So proud. | 非常自豪 |
[10:48] | They gave me a trophy. | 他们给了我一个奖杯 |
[10:50] | Yeah. They did. | 是啊 我知道 |
[10:54] | Participant. | 参与奖 |
[10:58] | Yeah. You were there. You were… you were definitely there. | 对 你在那儿 你 绝对在那儿 |
[11:04] | Did you see when the ball went right by me | 你看到球就从我身边过去 |
[11:06] | and then watched it go into our goal, | 我眼睁睁得看着它进球门 |
[11:08] | but I still had a good attitude? | 但是我仍然保持淡定吗 |
[11:09] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[11:11] | Did you see when the mom from the other team | 你看到那个队的一个妈妈 |
[11:12] | came over and thanked me for having you? | 走过来说感谢我生了你吗 |
[11:18] | Mmm-hmm. | 没错 |
[11:24] | She was nice. | 她挺友好的 |
[11:27] | Yes, that’s because her team scored 29 goals. | 是的 那是因为他们队进了二十九个球 |
[11:31] | My coach said the score is just a number that makes one of the teams feel bad. | 我们教练说得分只是一个会让其中一支队伍难过的数字而已 |
[11:35] | You have a coach? | 你们还有教练 |
[11:37] | The other team were beasts. | 我们的对手简直是一群猛兽啊 |
[11:39] | Did you see number ten? Oh, number ten wasn’t even human. | 你看见十号了吗 十号根本不是人 |
[11:43] | Sorry we destroyed you, Auggie. | 很遗憾你们输了 奥吉 |
[11:47] | Hey, they gave him exactly the same trophy as me. | 他们给他的奖杯和我的一样 |
[11:52] | Topy, I’m freaking, here. | 小托 我要气炸了 |
[11:56] | I feel ya, sister. | 我懂你 妹子 |
[11:58] | You mean, you’re on my side about this? | 你意思这次你是站在我这边的 |
[12:00] | Let it fly, kid. | 过去的事就让它过去吧 孩子 |
[12:02] | All right, let me get in my speech position. | 好了 我要站到演讲位置上 |
[12:06] | What kind of country is this? | 这是一个什么样的国家啊 |
[12:12] | I scored 29 goals, | 我进了二十九个球 |
[12:14] | and your kid stood there like a fire hydrant. | 而你家孩子杵在那儿就像个消防栓似的 |
[12:19] | And we both get the same trophy? | 可是我们的奖品竟然一样 |
[12:21] | It’s supposed to teach us good manners and sportsmanship. | 目的在于教育大家友谊第一比赛第二 |
[12:28] | Good game, Auggie. | 打得好 奥吉 |
[12:32] | I believe you’re insincere. | 我觉得你不是真心的 |
[12:37] | You have to try! Or how will you get better? | 你总得努力啊 要不然怎么进步 |
[12:40] | Why should I? They gave me a trophy anyway. | 何必呢 反正都会有奖杯 |
[12:44] | Auggie Doggie Matthews, you listen to me! | 奥吉·狗狗·马修斯 你给我听好了 |
[12:47] | Deep down inside that fire hydrant | 在消防栓的内心深处 |
[12:49] | lives the spirit of a shark and a lion | 住着一个勇猛的将士 |
[12:52] | who had a baby and named him number six. | 他有个宝宝 名字叫六号 |
[12:56] | You were right about her all along. | 一直以来你对她的看法都是对的 |
[12:58] | I love you now, Ava. | 我现在很喜欢你 艾娃 |
[13:00] | Don’t get all mushy on me. | 不要拍我马屁 |
[13:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:04] | Sorry, Ava. Your way sounds hard. | 对不起 艾娃 你的办法听上去挺费劲的 |
[13:06] | It’d be easier just to not play soccer anymore | 不打球了干点别的 |
[13:08] | and find something else. | 应该更容易些 |
[13:27] | Mud-like consistency, | 泥状 |
[13:29] | copper color, no clear separation of elements at boiling point. | 黄铜色 没有清晰的元素在沸点分离 |
[13:32] | No living organisms. | 没有生物体 |
[13:34] | Huh. Well, my official conclusion | 在全面的研究与分析之后 |
[13:36] | after thorough research and analysis, | 我会正式公布定论 |
[13:38] | and try to stay with me now, ’cause this is very technical… | 跟上我的节奏 因为这个挺有技术含量的 |
[13:41] | -Yeah, how long you gonna keep talking? -Till the bell rings, | -你还要说多久 -直到铃响 |
[13:43] | ’cause I don’t know what this stuff is. | 因为我不知道这是什么东西 |
[13:45] | Yeah, uh, you know what that is? | 你知道那是什么吗 |
[13:49] | How’d she get her sludge to do that? | 她是怎么让污泥变成那样的 |
[13:52] | Her sludge is mad at us. | 他的污泥生我们气了 |
[13:54] | Her sledge is a girl. | 她的污泥是个姑娘 |
[13:56] | Something’s wrong here. | 有问题 |
[13:57] | What’s wrong here is that you’re a sexist pig. | 问题就在于你性别歧视 |
[14:00] | Why would you say that, mamacita? | 为什么这么说呢 美女 |
[14:02] | You really think I couldn’t do the science because I’m a girl? | 你真的认为因为我是女生就搞不明白科学了吗 |
[14:05] | Riley, Marie Curie was one of the finest scientific minds who ever lived. | 莱丽 居里夫人是历史上最伟大的科学家之一 |
[14:08] | Science needs the best minds it can get. | 科学需要的是伟大的头脑 |
[14:10] | What do I care what body it’s in? | 我为什么要在乎是在谁的身体里呢 |
[14:11] | Well, what do you think is wrong? | 那你是说什么有问题 |
[14:13] | Well, I took our sludge ball home last night, | 我昨晚把泥球带回家了 |
[14:15] | and you know what I found? | 知道我发现了什么吗 |
[14:16] | It’s a dirt ball, Riley. | 一个脏了的球而已 莱丽 |
[14:17] | The sludge is… Sludge. | 泥只是泥 |
[14:19] | It’s mud. That’s all it is. | 仅此而已 |
[14:20] | I don’t understand why this experiment’s such a big deal. | 我搞不懂这个实验有什么意义 |
[14:25] | I think I do. | 我想我明白了 |
[14:28] | What if the experiment isn’t about the sludge at all? | 如果这个实验跟泥根本没关系呢 |
[14:31] | There’s a lot of layers to experiments, right? | 实验分很多层对吧 |
[14:33] | Well, there’s what’s going on on the surface… | 这只是表面的情形 |
[14:35] | And what’s going on that you don’t see. | 实际上到底什么情况你没看到而已 |
[14:37] | So what’s going on here? | 那么到底什么情况 |
[14:43] | Bring me the first sacrifice! | 把第一个祭品给我带上来 |
[14:55] | Farkle, this isn’t the experiment. | 法尔科 实验不是关于这个的 |
[14:57] | – It isn’t? – No, that is. | -不是吗 -对 那个才是 |
[15:00] | – Mr. Norton. – Riley, Farkle. | -诺顿老师 -莱丽 法尔科 |
[15:02] | We have a new hypothesis. | 我们有个新的假设 |
[15:04] | There’s more to this experiment than you’ve been telling us. | 关于这个实验我们发现了更多 |
[15:06] | Interesting. Riley, care to elaborate? | 有点意思 莱丽 可以详细描述一下吗 |
[15:08] | Yes, but first, I have to go save a life. | 可以 但是首先我得去救个人 |
[15:10] | Maya, you don’t have to sacrifice Yogi. | 玛雅 你不用把尤吉当祭品了 |
[15:13] | We found a solution. | 我们找到解决办法了 |
[15:14] | Tell me after we sacrifice Yogi. | 等我把尤吉祭了之后再告诉我 |
[15:15] | Goodbye Yogi! Goodbye Yogi! Goodbye Yogi! | 再见了尤吉 再见了尤吉 再见了尤吉 |
[15:18] | Maya, why do we have to sacrifice Yogi? | 玛雅 为什么要把尤吉当祭品 |
[15:19] | – Do you got a chimichanga? – No. | -你有面卷饼吗 -没有 |
[15:21] | Then cover the boy in cheese. | 那就把这个男孩涂上奶酪 |
[15:22] | Cheesy Yogi! Cheesy Yogi! Cheesy Yogi! | 奶酪尤吉 奶酪尤吉 奶酪尤吉 |
[15:24] | Ladies, your volcano looks angry. | 姑娘们 你的火山看上去发怒了 |
[15:28] | Whuh-oh. | 不好 |
[15:29] | Goggles on! | 戴上护目镜 |
[15:37] | And dive under your desks. Did I not mention that? | 还有躲到桌子底下 我是不是忘说了 |
[15:47] | Yeah, I should’ve mentioned that. | 我真应该说的 |
[15:56] | I like blowing stuff up. | 我喜欢爆炸的感觉 |
[15:59] | It’s not about that. | 跟那个没关系 |
[16:00] | What’s it about? | 那跟什么有关系 |
[16:01] | This is all about us and the boys. | 关于我们还有男生 |
[16:04] | Who we are now, and who we want to be. | 关于我们是谁以及想成为谁 |
[16:06] | Everything’s their fault. Stupid boys. | 都是他们的错 愚蠢的男生 |
[16:08] | Everything would have been fine | 我要是用尤吉做祭品 |
[16:10] | if I could’ve just sacrificed Yogi. | 就不会出这种事了 |
[16:11] | Stupid Yogi. | 愚蠢的尤吉 |
[16:13] | Well, you can’t. | 不对 |
[16:16] | Maya, our guy friends are pretty great. | 玛雅 我们的异性朋友真的挺不错的 |
[16:19] | Maybe it used to be easier to see that | 也许在我们没把彼此看作异性之前 |
[16:21] | before we looked at each other as boys and girls. | 事情更简单一些 |
[16:23] | Maybe it was easier when we looked at each other as friends. | 也许如果我们把彼此看作朋友 事情可能简单一些 |
[16:26] | – Riley. – Maya. | -莱丽 -玛雅 |
[16:28] | If I can’t blow stuff up or sacrifice Yogi, | 如果我不能爆点什么东西或者把尤吉当祭品 |
[16:31] | then I just don’t care about being good in science. | 那我也不用在乎科学课上的表现了 |
[16:34] | Well, you have to. | 你要在乎 |
[16:35] | We all have to. | 我们都要 |
[16:36] | The stuff we’re learning now, science and math, | 我们现在所学的东西 科学啊数学啊 |
[16:39] | it matters that we know what they are. | 对于我们理解这个世界很重要 |
[16:41] | We can’t let other people think | 我们不能让人觉得 |
[16:42] | we’d rather have it easy for us. | 我们宁愿这些事情更简单些 |
[16:44] | N… no, I want things to be easy for me. | 不是 我只是希望对我来说更简单些 |
[16:47] | No, you don’t. | 不行 |
[16:49] | Because then you won’t know anything, | 因为那样你就啥也不知道了 |
[16:50] | and you won’t have as many choices later. | 以后你也不会拥有更多的机会 |
[16:52] | You think I could be a scientist? | 你觉得我能成为科学家吗 |
[16:53] | I think if you were a scientist, | 我觉得如果你成科学家了 |
[16:57] | the world would be a very dangerous place. | 这个世界将变得很危险 |
[16:59] | Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[17:02] | But if you don’t believe you could become a scientist, | 但是如果你不相信自己会成为科学家 |
[17:05] | then it’s even more dangerous. | 那就更危险了 |
[17:11] | Come on. | 加油 |
[17:14] | Goal! | 进了 |
[17:21] | Yay! | 真棒 |
[17:23] | I want him on my team next year. | 我希望他明年加入我们队 |
[17:26] | Aug, I’m very proud of you. | 奥吉 我真为你感到骄傲 |
[17:28] | Me too. I’ve never seen your uniform dirty. | 我也是 我之前从来没看过你的球服弄脏 |
[17:31] | Yeah, every time I missed a shot, | 是啊 每次我没进球 |
[17:33] | Ava pushed me in the mud. | 艾娃都把我推泥坑里 |
[17:35] | How’d you get so dirty? | 那你怎么也这么脏 |
[17:36] | Every time he made a shot, I hugged him. | 每次他进球了 我都会拥抱他 |
[17:39] | And I like seeing you like this. | 我喜欢看你这个样子 |
[17:41] | It means you got knocked down, and you got back up. | 这意味着你曾被打倒 但你又重新站起来了 |
[17:44] | It means you’re in the game. | 意味着你真的在比赛了 |
[17:45] | It makes me very happy to see you this dirty. | 看到你这么脏我真的很高兴 |
[17:52] | I don’t wanna know. Get outta here. | 我不想知道 走开 |
[17:59] | Still working on that? | 还在纠结呢 |
[18:01] | We’re never gonna figure out what this stuff is. | 我们永远也不会知道这是啥东西了 |
[18:03] | It might as well just be dirt. | 也许只是泥而已 |
[18:04] | Yeah. You know what? It doesn’t matter what it is. | 是啊 知道吗 是啥根本不重要 |
[18:07] | Hey, you might’ve failed this experiment, | 你的实验也许已经失败了 |
[18:09] | but we don’t want to. | 但是我们不想失败 |
[18:10] | I’m not gonna fail it. My partner’s got this. | 我没失败 我的搭档在负责 |
[18:13] | Hi, guys. | 伙计们 |
[18:14] | Oh, you’re talking to us? | 你在跟我们说话吗 |
[18:16] | She is. I go where she goes. | 是的 我上哪儿她就上哪儿 |
[18:19] | You tell them yet, Farkle? | 你跟他们说了吗 法尔科 |
[18:20] | Nope. This is your marble to drop. | 还没 这活儿还得你来 |
[18:26] | Yeah, I was waiting for you, partner. | 我在等你呢 搭档 |
[18:32] | Did you just pat for me to sit down? | 你刚是拍了下凳子让我坐下吗 |
[18:34] | No. | 没 |
[18:36] | No no no no. I was just | 没没没 我只是 |
[18:37] | patting for a better place for me to sit. | 拍了一个好位置 好让我自己坐 |
[18:48] | Yah. | 呀 |
[18:50] | They’re all here. | 她们都来了 |
[18:53] | Aw, they came to cook us up in these little beakers | 她们是来把我们放进烧杯里煮了的 |
[18:55] | and eat us and talk about us, | 边吃掉我们边谈论我们 |
[18:57] | and I don’t like being talked about. | 我不喜欢被人谈论 |
[19:01] | We don’t either, | 我们也不喜欢 |
[19:02] | but we’re gonna be the best thing we can be | 不管别人说什么 |
[19:04] | no matter what anybody says. | 都不会影响我们成为更好的自己 |
[19:05] | That’s right, Sarah. | 说得对 莎拉 |
[19:08] | This is an experiment none of us should fail. | 这个实验我们都不应该失败 |
[19:10] | And it’s one of the most important ones we’ll ever do. | 还是我们做过的最重要的一个实验 |
[19:14] | Well, we seem to have settled back into our original positions. | 看来得恢复成初始状态了 |
[19:18] | Riley, Farkle, | 莱丽 法尔科 |
[19:20] | I believe just before things exploded, | 我觉得在有东西爆炸之前 |
[19:22] | you were about to present some findings? | 你们有新发现要说 |
[19:25] | In middle school, girls tend to drift away from science. | 中学里 女生一般都对科学不感兴趣 |
[19:28] | Isn’t that right, Mr. Norton? | 是不是 诺顿老师 |
[19:30] | It’s been happening so many years, I started to keep a record. | 多年来都是如此 我这儿有记录 |
[19:33] | Not many figure out my experiment, | 没有多少人能认识到这个实验的目的 |
[19:34] | but those that do have always benefited from the lesson. | 但是那些认识到的都从中学到了很多 |
[19:38] | We let what happened in here come between us. | 我们让这些东西在我们之间制造了隔阂 |
[19:41] | It’s sludge, | 只是泥而已 |
[19:42] | and it muddies up what we think about each other. | 却影响了我们对彼此的看法 |
[19:45] | All of us have unlimited potential. | 我们每个人都有无限的潜能 |
[19:48] | Farkle and me, well… | 法尔科和我 |
[19:50] | our beaker is clear. | 我们的烧杯是干净的 |
[19:51] | Because Riley didn’t drop the marble. | 因为莱丽不肯往里放石头 |
[19:53] | Why not, Riley? | 为什么呢 莱丽 |
[19:54] | I felt like if I did, I would lose a part of me that was valuable. | 我觉得如果我放了 我就失去了我有价值的那部分 |
[19:58] | I like science, | 我喜欢科学 |
[19:59] | and I like figuring stuff out. | 我喜欢解决问题 |
[20:02] | For 35 years, I’ve been running this experiment. | 三十五年来 我一直教这个实验 |
[20:05] | Every year, the vast majority of girls | 每年 大多数女生 |
[20:07] | agree to drop the marble without even thinking about it. | 不会多想就会同意往里放石头 |
[20:10] | The boys do the science. | 由男生完成科学部分 |
[20:13] | Unfortunate, but true. | 很不幸 但这是真的 |
[20:15] | This is the age the girls begin to lose interest and that is a bad result. | 这个年纪的女生开始对科学失去兴趣了 很不好 |
[20:19] | So the real experiment is us. | 所以真正的实验是关于我们的 |
[20:22] | It is, Maya. | 没错 玛雅 |
[20:23] | Don’t lose interest. | 不要失去兴趣 |
[20:25] | Wide awake, sir. | 完全清醒了 老师 |
[20:27] | All right. Everyone lift up your beakers. | 好了 大家一起举起烧杯 |
[20:32] | Now look through them. | 透过它看过去 |
[20:33] | I can’t see you. | 我看不见你 |
[20:35] | Yeah. All this stuff is in the way. | 是啊 因为里面有东西挡着 |
[20:38] | It is beneficial for young men and women to realize right now | 让年轻的男女生认识到平等合作的价值 |
[20:42] | the value of working together as equals | 对你们来说是非常有益的 |
[20:45] | in all things, | 在所有方面都是 |
[20:47] | because when you do, the results are… | 如果你们能做到 结果将是 |
[20:50] | Clear. | 清晰的 |
[20:51] | Nice job, partner. | 干得漂亮 搭档 |
[20:55] | Partner. | 搭档 |
[21:02] | So, did you do the marble thing again? | 你又做了石头实验 |
[21:04] | Yeah. You do the make history like their lives thing again? | 没错 你又把历史变成他们的现实生活了 |
[21:07] | It’s all I got. | 我只会干这个 |
[21:08] | You also got yourself quite a daughter. | 你还有个好女儿呢 |
[21:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:13] | – Hi, Daddy. – Norton. | -嗨 爸爸 -诺顿 |
[21:15] | Girls. | 姑娘们 |
[21:17] | To what do we owe this unexpected pleasure? | 什么风把你俩给吹来了 |
[21:19] | We thought we’d keep you company on your walk home. | 我们想陪你一起走回家 |
[21:21] | That’s very nice of you. | 你们真是太好了 |
[21:24] | Are you out of pizza money? | 是因为没钱买披萨吧 |
[21:25] | No we’re paying for you this time. | 这次是我们给你买 |
[21:27] | You too, Mr. Norton. | 还有你 诺顿老师 |
[21:28] | Really? Thanks. | 真的吗 那谢谢了 |
[21:30] | Wait, wait, wait. Since when do you two pay? | 等一下 啥时候开始你们也知道付钱了 |
[21:33] | Since men and women are equal. | 男女平等开始 |
[21:35] | We’re big-time feminists now. | 我们现在是一流的女权主义者 |
[21:36] | Good for you. | 很好 |
[21:38] | Where’d you learn that? | 你们是在哪儿学到的 |
[21:39] | Science class. | 科学课 |
[21:41] | Of course. | 可不嘛 |
[21:42] | Yeah. This school is pretty messed up. | 是啊 这学校相当乱套了 |