时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | The John Quincy Adams honor board stands in session. | 约翰·昆西·亚当斯仲裁会现在开会 |
[00:12] | Case number 42 | 第四十二号案件 |
[00:13] | Isaiah Babineaux stands accused of boosting somebody’s lunch. | 艾赛亚·巴宾诺被控偷窃别人的午餐 |
[00:17] | Prove it. | 请证明 |
[00:19] | Uh, Zay. | 呃 小赛 |
[00:20] | Yo. | 哟 |
[00:22] | Everybody else in your family seems so decent and kind. | 你的家人们都作风正派 为人和善 |
[00:24] | Oh, thank you, Mr. teach. They say nice things about you too. | 哦 谢谢你 老师 他们也跟我夸您呢 |
[00:27] | So what happened to you? | 那你是怎么了 |
[00:29] | We’re waiting on a lot of results. | 我们都在焦急地等待着结果 |
[00:32] | Punishment must serve a purpose. | 惩罚必须起到效果 |
[00:34] | What do you guys think will teach Mr. Babineaux here a lesson? | 你们觉得怎样才能让巴宾诺先生吸取教训 |
[00:38] | Cafeteria duty. | 在餐厅值日 |
[00:39] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢 |
[00:41] | Well I like it. | 我觉得挺好的 |
[00:42] | You took everybody’s lunch away | 既然拿走大家午餐的人是你 |
[00:44] | and now you should give everybody their lunch. | 那给大家发午餐的也应该是你 |
[00:45] | I do give everybody their lunch. | 谁说我没发 |
[00:47] | What? | 什么 |
[00:48] | He gives roast beefs to the P-B and Js. | 他给花生酱和果酱三明治发了烤牛肉 |
[00:50] | He gives meatball subs to the baloneys. | 给熏肠发了肉丸三明治 |
[00:53] | Hah? | 哈 |
[00:54] | Everybody has the right to a delicious lunch. | 每个人都有权利享受美味的午餐 |
[00:56] | All right, these are my beliefs. | 好吧 这是我的信仰 |
[00:57] | Would you attack me on my beliefs? | 你在抨击我的信仰 |
[00:59] | That’s not your meatball sub. | 那个肉丸三明治不是你的 |
[01:01] | But I believe it’s better than my P-B and J. | 但我相信它比我的花生酱和果酱三明治好吃 |
[01:05] | So, I Robin Hooded myself. | 所以我就当了回罗宾汉 |
[01:07] | You’re Robin Hood? | 你是罗宾汉 |
[01:08] | I’m Robin lunch. | 我是罗宾饭 |
[01:11] | Cafeteria. | 餐厅 |
[01:12] | You can punish me. | 你们尽情地惩罚我吧 |
[01:13] | But the forest people love me. | 但我是森林土著的大英雄 |
[01:21] | Bailiff Yogi, | 尤吉法警 |
[01:22] | will you stop eating the evidence | 别吃证据了 |
[01:24] | and please open the door for the next case? | 请为下一个案件当事人开门 好吗 |
[01:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:29] | I got this judgey thing down. | 审判这事完全是小菜一碟 |
[01:31] | I got the hang of punishing people and I like it. | 我知道怎么惩罚别人 这感觉不错 |
[01:35] | I think the key to this whole thing is to | 我觉得关键在于 |
[01:37] | consider the facts and not get emotionally involved. | 着眼于事实 不要受情感左右 |
[01:44] | Peaches! What have you done? | 亲爱的 你做了什么 |
[01:54] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[01:58] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[02:02] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:06] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:10] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[02:15] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[02:19] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[02:23] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[02:26] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[02:31] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:34] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:38] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[02:45] | My buds. Tell me you’re just here to pick me up | 我的宝宝们 告诉我 你们只是来接我的 |
[02:48] | because you’re my buds. | 我的宝宝们怎么会犯错呢 |
[02:50] | Yeah. Buds. You want to know what we did or what? | 是啊 宝宝 你到底想不想知道我们犯了什么事 |
[02:53] | Case number 43. | 第四十三号案件 |
[02:55] | Maya Hart stands accused of cheating | 玛雅·哈特被控在上次历史考试中 |
[02:57] | off of Farkle Minkus on the last history exam. | 抄袭法尔科·明克斯 |
[03:00] | Maya, is this true? | 玛雅 这是真的吗 |
[03:01] | Farkle, how do I answer this? | 法尔科 这题怎么答 |
[03:04] | I’m sorry, Riley. She done did it. | 抱歉 莱丽 她的确作弊了 |
[03:06] | I learn better this way, Mr. Matthews. | 马修斯老师 我这样学更有效 |
[03:08] | When I see the answers Farkle chooses | 看法尔科的答案 |
[03:11] | it helps me circle the right thing. | 帮助我选出了正确答案 |
[03:13] | You can’t just steal his answers, Maya. | 你不能这样偷他的答案 玛雅 |
[03:16] | Why not? I’m finally learning what you’ve been trying to teach me. | 为什么不能 我总算明白了你教我的东西 |
[03:18] | You’ve tried everything and I’m really grateful, | 你用尽了各种方法 我满心感激 |
[03:21] | but I found a way. | 但我另辟蹊径了 |
[03:22] | Farkle, how could you rat out Maya for cheating off of you? | 法尔科 你为什么要揭发玛雅抄袭的事 |
[03:25] | I didn’t rat her out. | 不是我揭发的 |
[03:26] | Maya can do whatever she wants with me. | 玛雅想对我做什么都行 |
[03:29] | I ratted her out. | 是我揭发的 |
[03:32] | Why isn’t anybody talking about what matters? | 为什么没人说重点呢 |
[03:34] | I got my first A. | 我拿到了第一个A |
[03:35] | Okay, judgey. You got a solution for this? | 好了 法官小姐 你想到解决办法了吗 |
[03:41] | Yes, I do. | 想到了 |
[03:42] | I say we give our friends special treatment. | 我觉得 我们应该给朋友来个特别待遇 |
[03:46] | And not just any special treatment, | 要么不给 要给就给个大的 |
[03:48] | we let them completely off the hook. | 让他们想做什么就做什么 |
[03:50] | There’s no lesson and nobody learns nothing. | 课也别上了 大家都不要学习了 |
[03:53] | How about we do one of those this time? | 要不就来这么一次 |
[03:56] | See ya next week. Good night, everybody! | 下周见 大家晚安哦 |
[04:04] | We can’t just give our friends special treatment. | 我们不能给朋友这种特殊待遇 |
[04:07] | I said good night, sir! | 我说了晚安 先生 |
[04:10] | Riles, I accept my punishment. | 莱丽 我接受惩罚 |
[04:11] | Don’t spin out of control. | 不要太激动 |
[04:13] | We’re put under all of this pressure to earn the highest grades. | 我们为了拿更高的分数 背负了太大的压力 |
[04:16] | She did it. Maya learned, daddy. | 她做到了 玛雅学到东西了 爸爸 |
[04:18] | She didn’t learn, Riley. | 她什么都没学到 莱丽 |
[04:20] | Maya, can you tell them what you learned? | 玛雅 你能把你学到的东西告诉大家吗 |
[04:22] | I actually can. That’s new. | 没问题 这倒挺新鲜的 |
[04:24] | That’s new. It doesn’t matter how she learned. It’s new. | 这事挺新鲜的 不管她是怎么学的 她都学到了 |
[04:28] | She cheated! | 她作弊了 |
[04:30] | That was loud. | 我的声音好像有点大 |
[04:34] | “Cheated” is a word. You know what else is a word? | 作弊只是一种说法 你们还知道别的说法吗 |
[04:37] | “Shared.” Read a question from the test. | 分享 随便读一道考题 |
[04:41] | “The Transcontinental Railroad was built from the west and the east | 横贯铁路是从东西两边 |
[04:44] | in the same time. | 同时开工的 |
[04:46] | In which city did the tracks meet?” | 铁轨在哪座城市会合 |
[04:51] | C. | 选C |
[04:54] | Riley, we’re not on the same team this time. | 莱丽 这次我不支持你了 |
[04:57] | Farkle, are we on the same team? | 法尔科 你支持我吗 |
[04:58] | Always. | 一直支持的 |
[04:59] | Dad? | 爸爸 |
[05:00] | No, I’m with Lucas, Riley. | 不 我支持卢卡斯 莱丽 |
[05:02] | You can’t compromise your values just because these are your friends. | 你不能因为是你的朋友而违背你的价值观 |
[05:05] | Watch me. | 我还就这么着了 |
[05:06] | No. Wrong is wrong. | 不行 错了就是错了 |
[05:08] | She didn’t learn anything. | 她什么都没学到 |
[05:09] | If she had learned something, you might have a point. | 如果她学到点东西 你的观点可能还站得住脚 |
[05:12] | They drove in the golden spike when the tracks connected | 横贯铁路在犹他州的普罗蒙特里会合时 |
[05:14] | at Promontory, Utah. | 金钉被钉入了枕木 |
[05:16] | Quick, make a decision before she says other good stuff. | 趁她还没说其他好话 快点做决定 |
[05:18] | Louisiana purchase. Manifest destiny. | 路易斯安那购买案 命定扩张论 |
[05:20] | C, C, A, D, false, false, true! | C C A D 错 错 对 |
[05:22] | She’s a stinking genius. | 她真是太天才了 |
[05:25] | Cheating works for her. | 作弊对她有用 |
[05:27] | No. | 不 |
[05:28] | Dad, it’s Maya. You know I’m going to turn this world | 爸爸 那可是玛雅 你知道我为了她 |
[05:31] | upside down until I make this right. | 可以将颠倒黑白 是非不分发挥到极致 |
[05:33] | I know you’ll try. | 我知道你会的 |
[05:35] | Well, I stand with them. | 我支持他们 |
[05:40] | Yay! | 耶 |
[05:43] | I don’t need this. | 我不想这样啊 |
[05:53] | Nothing to do, Auggie? | 你是不是没事做 奥吉 |
[05:55] | I’ve done everything there is to do in life. | 我把能做的都做了 |
[06:00] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[06:01] | Well, do you want to take piano lessons? | 你想上钢琴课吗 |
[06:04] | Does it take work? | 这个要努力吗 |
[06:06] | Anything worth doing takes work. | 任何值得做的事情都需要努力 |
[06:08] | Then I’d rather just become a lawyer like you. | 那我还是跟你一样当个律师吧 |
[06:11] | You don’t just get to become a lawyer. | 律师不是随随便便就能当的 |
[06:13] | Do you want to know what I had to do to become a lawyer? | 你想知道我为了当律师做了什么吗 |
[06:15] | Please, no. | 当然不想 |
[06:18] | It’ll just happen. I’m a chip off the old block. | 反正总会成功的 有其母必有其子 |
[06:22] | You’re the old block. | 说的就是你 |
[06:25] | Oh, well, thank you. | 哦 谢谢你 |
[06:26] | But just because you come from me | 但你是我的孩子 |
[06:29] | doesn’t mean you just get to be me. | 不代表你就能成为我 |
[06:31] | You have to find out who you are. | 你必须知道自己是谁 |
[06:33] | And if you run into any trouble, | 如果你遇到了什么麻烦 |
[06:34] | maybe you’ll reconsider those piano lessons. | 你也许会重新考虑钢琴课的事 |
[06:48] | Are you now or have you ever been | 你们是或曾经是 |
[06:50] | a member of the communist party? | 共产党员吗 |
[06:52] | The cold war, sir. Democracy versus communism. | 老师 冷战时期 民主与共产主义对峙 |
[06:55] | You get what you earn versus everybody gets the same thing. | 一边是挣多少拿多少 一边是人人均分 |
[06:57] | Very good, Farkle. I didn’t even see your lips move. | 很好 法尔科 我都没看你动嘴 |
[07:00] | Because Maya answered herself, sir. | 因为这是玛雅自己回答的 老师 |
[07:01] | She remembered the information. | 她记得这些 |
[07:03] | It only makes sense to me when I can get in trouble for it. | 只有在我可能摊上麻烦的时候 我才会重视它 |
[07:06] | Wait, so you’re telling me | 等等 所以你是在说 |
[07:08] | that in communism everybody shares with everybody else? | 在共产主义社会 每个人都会和其他人分享 |
[07:11] | Yes, Riley. | 是的 莱丽 |
[07:12] | The communist philosophy is that everybody’s the same | 共产主义哲学认为 人无差别 |
[07:14] | and everybody gets the same thing. | 得到的东西也没有差别 |
[07:15] | And it’s a party? | 这还是个派对 |
[07:19] | I want so desperately to be proud of you. | 我是真想为你感到骄傲 |
[07:21] | So, you mean when somebody doesn’t know something on a test | 所以你是说 如果一个人不知道考试答案 |
[07:25] | and somebody does, | 而另一个人知道 |
[07:26] | you’re supposed to share that information? | 那这个答案就应该共享 |
[07:29] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[07:30] | That’s communism. | 那是共产主义 |
[07:31] | But it’s a little more complicated than that. | 但实际情况要再复杂一点 |
[07:33] | You know the American dream? | 你们知道美国梦吗 |
[07:35] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[07:36] | Well, this is the other thing. | 这就是另一种东西 |
[07:37] | What do you all want to be when you grow up? | 你们长大后都想当什么 |
[07:38] | I haven’t decided yet. | 我还没想好 |
[07:39] | I see you as a factory worker. | 我觉得你会成为一个工厂工人 |
[07:41] | Well what if I don’t want to be… | 如果我不想当 |
[07:42] | I want to be a factory worker. | 我想当工厂工人 |
[07:44] | I see you as a potato farmer. | 我觉得你会当一个种土豆的农民 |
[07:46] | But I prefer the warmth of the factory. | 但我喜欢温暖的工厂 |
[07:49] | Can I still take over the world? | 我还能主宰世界吗 |
[07:50] | You sure can. | 当然可以 |
[07:52] | Just as long as everybody can take over the world with you. | 只要大家都能和你一样主宰世界 |
[07:54] | I’m not taking over the world with factory girl and potato head. | 我才不要和一个女工和土豆农民一起主宰世界呢 |
[07:57] | Your individual goals | 你们个人的人生目标 |
[07:59] | don’t matter. | 不重要 |
[08:00] | You’re one of many. | 你们是芸芸众生中的一员 |
[08:01] | There are no social classes. | 没有什么社会阶级 |
[08:04] | Nobody is more or less successful than anybody else. | 谁也不比其他人更成功或更失败 |
[08:09] | That’s communism. | 这就是共产主义 |
[08:10] | Oh, that’s communism. | 哦 这就是共产主义啊 |
[08:13] | I thought it was when they scared the demons out of you. | 我以为他们的宗旨是吓跑人们内心的恶魔 |
[08:15] | That’s exorcism. | 那是驱魔 |
[08:17] | Oh, yeah. That’s the one I had. | 哦 对哦 我接受的教育是这个 |
[08:22] | He’s kidding. | 他在开玩笑 |
[08:23] | Yeah, I’m kidding. | 是啊 我在开玩笑 |
[08:30] | Oh, it didn’t work. | 哦 没吓到你们 |
[08:33] | Anyway, whoever I am, I’m not down with communism. | 不管怎样 反正我是不会赞成共产主义的 |
[08:36] | Sure you are. | 你当然会赞成了 |
[08:38] | You’re Robin Hood. Take from the rich, give to the poor. | 你是劫富济贫的罗宾汉 |
[08:40] | Did you guys hear that? | 你们听到了吗 |
[08:41] | Did you hear what Maya just said? | 你们听到玛雅说的话了吗 |
[08:42] | I mean, she actually gets this stuff. | 她真的懂了 |
[08:44] | Maya. | 玛雅 |
[08:45] | You really did learn something. | 你的确学到东西了 |
[08:47] | Doesn’t this make you want to study by yourself? | 这样一来你是不是想独立学习了呢 |
[08:50] | No, it makes me want to cheat off of everybody equally. | 不 我想抄所有人的答案 |
[08:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:55] | Why should we be in competition with each other? | 我们为什么要互相竞争呢 |
[08:57] | Why should we be motivated by report cards? | 我们为什么要让成绩单成为自己进步的动力 |
[09:00] | Why shouldn’t we all help each other out | 我们为什么不能互帮互助 |
[09:02] | to know exactly the same thing? | 学习一样的东西 |
[09:04] | Riley… | 莱丽 |
[09:06] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[09:07] | And choose your next words very carefully. | 斟酌一下你要说的下一句话 |
[09:10] | Comrades! | 同志们 |
[09:12] | I pledge allegiance… | 我宣誓效忠 |
[09:14] | Comrades of John Quincy Adams unite! | 约翰·昆西·亚当斯的同志们团结起来 |
[09:16] | Lightning! | 电闪 |
[09:17] | Thunder! | 雷鸣 |
[09:18] | Darkness! | 黑暗 |
[09:19] | Bunny rabbits! | 小兔子 |
[09:22] | From each according to his ability. | 各尽所能 |
[09:23] | To each according to his need! | 按需分配 |
[09:26] | Whoa! We’re commies. It worked! Yay! | 哇 我们是共产党员了 起作用了 耶 |
[09:36] | Anything interesting happen at school today? | 今天学校有什么好玩的事 |
[09:38] | Nothing out of the ordinary. | 没什么特别的事情 |
[09:42] | Want to explain Riley’s outfit? | 想解释一下莱丽的打扮吗 |
[09:44] | Oh yeah, she’s a commie now. | 好啊 她现在是共产党员了 |
[09:47] | Can you pass the potatoes? | 你能把土豆递给我吗 |
[09:48] | Oh, thank goodness. | 谢天谢地 |
[09:50] | I thought she was a mime. | 我还以为她在演哑剧 |
[09:52] | Maya cheated off of Farkle and all of a sudden, she know stuff. | 玛雅抄了法尔科的卷子 一下子就学到知识了 |
[09:56] | So, you’re a communist? | 所以你是共产主义者了 |
[09:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:58] | Do I need to know the middle of the story? | 我能知道内情吗 |
[10:00] | You want to be proud of her? | 你想为她感到骄傲吗 |
[10:01] | – Yeah. – Then no. | -是啊 -那就算了 |
[10:03] | Honey, Maya doesn’t know stuff if she cheated off of Farkle. | 宝贝 如果玛雅抄法尔科的卷子 那她什么都学不到 |
[10:05] | Mom, you can’t crush my hopes for her. | 妈妈 你不能这样摧毁我对她的希望 |
[10:08] | In the words of the president of communism, | 共产主义领袖曾经说过 |
[10:10] | “you may say, ‘hey, hey I’m a dreamer, ‘ | 你也许会说 嘿 嘿 我只是白日做梦 |
[10:13] | “but I’m not the… | 但我不是 |
[10:15] | But I’m not the…” | 但我不是 |
[10:18] | Shh. Go to sleep, Riley. | 嘘 去睡吧 莱丽 |
[10:23] | Riley, John Lennon was a beatle. | 莱丽 约翰·列侬是甲壳虫的一员 |
[10:25] | Mom, just because his beliefs are different than yours, | 妈妈 他的信仰和你们的不一样 |
[10:28] | does not mean you get to call him a bug. | 不代表你可以把他比作虫子 |
[10:32] | Teacher of the year! | 你是年度最佳老师 |
[10:34] | Look what I’m working with! | 看看我得忍受什么样的学生 |
[10:37] | Does the rest of the honor board share your position on this? | 仲裁会其他人也跟你观点一致 |
[10:39] | No. | 没有 |
[10:40] | And Maya and Farkle are going on trial tomorrow. | 玛雅和法尔科明天要受到裁决了 |
[10:43] | And they’re going to need somebody really good | 他们需要找个足够优秀的人来 |
[10:45] | to represent them because when something’s this important | 来为他们辩护 因为在这么重要的事上 |
[10:47] | you need the best possible… | 确实需要一个最好的 |
[10:49] | Piano player? | 钢琴家 |
[10:50] | Lawyer. | 律师 |
[10:51] | Well, that’s it then. | 好吧 那就律师吧 |
[10:54] | Riley, you’re not going to find a lawyer to defeat democracy. | 莱丽 没有律师会去抨击民主制的 |
[10:58] | I mean, not even if you found some | 我是说 甚至是一个 |
[11:00] | hyper-competitive, freak of nature, super lawyer. | 竞争意识很强的异于常人的超级律师也不会的 |
[11:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:15] | I’m sorry you had to see this. | 真抱歉让你看到这些 |
[11:18] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[11:27] | Why are you dressed like that, Auggie? | 你怎么穿成这样 奥吉 |
[11:29] | Why are you dressed like that, Auggie? | 你怎么穿成这样 奥吉 |
[11:31] | I asked him first, Emma Weathersbee. | 我先问他的 艾玛·威瑟斯比 |
[11:34] | Well, I can ask him the same as you can, | 那又怎么样 你问了我就不能问了吗 |
[11:37] | Ava Morgenstern. | 艾娃·摩根斯特恩 |
[11:42] | Hello, Frankie. | 你好 弗兰基 |
[11:46] | The Augster. | 小奥吉 |
[11:47] | Why would you interrupt me during my grape juice time? | 我喝葡萄汁的时候你找我干嘛 |
[11:50] | I know you might get in trouble | 我听说你因为把 |
[11:52] | for pushing Dominic Falcone off the swings. | 多米尼克·法尔科内推下秋千而陷入了麻烦 |
[11:54] | You’ve heard about that? | 你听说这个事儿了 |
[11:56] | Everybody’s talking about it. | 人人都在议论呢 |
[11:58] | I’d like to represent you. | 我想为你辩护 |
[11:59] | You want to be my mouthpiece? | 你想当我的代言人 |
[12:01] | I never lost a case. | 我从来没输过 |
[12:04] | Mrs. Ducksberry. | 达克斯贝瑞老师 |
[12:06] | Auggie, well, don’t you look handsome. | 奥吉 嗯 穿得很帅啊 |
[12:09] | Aw, thanks. So do you. | 哦 谢谢 你也很帅 |
[12:12] | I mean, I’m pretty but you… you’re… | 我是说 我很漂亮 但是你 你 |
[12:14] | You’re… You’re pretty. | 你 你很漂亮 |
[12:16] | I… I’m handsome, you’re pretty. | 我 我很帅 你很漂亮 |
[12:18] | I’m gorgeous. | 我帅呆了 |
[12:19] | But I don’t know how to stop. | 我都停不下来了 |
[12:21] | Somewhere in there was a compliment. | 我听出来是夸赞我的意思 |
[12:23] | So thank you, August. | 所以谢谢你 奥吉 |
[12:24] | My client, Frankie big hands, is innocent. | 我的客户 大手弗兰基 是无辜的 |
[12:28] | He may have pushed Dominic Falcone off the swings. | 他或许是把多米尼克·法尔科内推下了秋千 |
[12:30] | But… | 但是 |
[12:31] | You pushed another boy off the swings? | 你又把一个男孩推下秋千了 |
[12:35] | Frankie… you, me, principal’s office right now. | 弗兰基 你现在和我去校长办公室 |
[12:39] | I’ll see you later. | 我一会儿回来收拾你 |
[12:43] | Enjoy your life till then. | 好好享受剩下的时间吧 |
[12:45] | ‘Cause that’s all you got left. | 等我回来你就完蛋了 |
[12:55] | The purpose of this honor board hearing | 这次听证会是为了判定 |
[12:57] | is to determine the guilt or innocence of Maya Hart and Farkle Minkus, | 玛雅·哈特和法尔科·明克斯在 |
[13:02] | who stand accused of sharing information during an exam. | 考试的时候抄答案这个事上是否有错 |
[13:05] | We’ll begin the questioning with Lucas Friar. | 从卢卡斯·弗莱尔开始提问 |
[13:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:08] | Ms. Hart. Mr. Minkus. | 哈特小姐和明克斯先生 |
[13:10] | Are you now or have you ever been a cheater? | 你们是否曾经作弊 |
[13:14] | Objection. | 反对 |
[13:14] | You’re on our side. | 你是我们这边的 |
[13:15] | But who’s on their side? | 那谁站在他们那边呢 |
[13:17] | What kind of system is it where people are… | 什么样的制度里人们 |
[13:19] | Judged by? | 被其他人 |
[13:19] | Other people. | 评判 |
[13:20] | Like a jury? | 就像陪审团 |
[13:21] | Who are students like them. | 和他们一样是学生 |
[13:23] | A jury of their peers? | 由和他们同等的人组成的陪审团 |
[13:24] | Yeah, what do you call that? | 对 你管那叫啥 |
[13:25] | The justice system. | 司法系统 |
[13:26] | You and your answers. | 那是你的看法 |
[13:28] | Well. | 好吧 |
[13:29] | I guess I don’t have anymore moves, do I? | 难道我就不能采取点行动吗 |
[13:31] | By the way, defense calls my mommy. | 说一下 辩方请了我老妈 |
[13:38] | I win. | 我赢了 |
[13:39] | Topanga! | 托庞嘉 |
[13:43] | Honey, you can’t just come in here | 亲爱的 你不能直接进来 |
[13:44] | and interrupt our very formal procedure. | 打断我们非常正式的流程 |
[13:47] | I mean, this is the highest court | 我是说 这是约翰·昆西·亚当斯中学 |
[13:48] | of the John Quincy Adams middle school legal system. | 法律体系的最高法院 |
[13:51] | And we take our proceedings very seriously! | 我们对待我们的法律程序是很严肃的 |
[13:56] | All right. | 好的 |
[13:57] | Everybody sit where you would normally sit. | 大家都坐到你们平时坐的位置上 |
[13:59] | What I’m interested in is how Maya | 我对玛雅一开始怎么能 |
[14:01] | could’ve cheated off of Farkle all by herself in the first place. | 自己一个人抄到法尔科的答案很感兴趣 |
[14:05] | Because as you can see by the configuration of the desks, | 你们看 如果桌子是这么摆的 |
[14:08] | it would be impossible for Maya | 玛雅是不可能越过 |
[14:09] | to see farkle’s paper from that distance unless… | 这么长的距离看到法尔科的试卷的 |
[14:12] | She had some help. | 除非有人帮她了 |
[14:14] | Mr. Matthews. | 马修斯老师 |
[14:15] | Yes, darling? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[14:16] | What is it you do while they take their tests? | 她们考试的时候你在干嘛 |
[14:18] | Who? Me? I sit here, | 谁 我 我坐在这儿 |
[14:20] | I get sad, | 我很伤心 |
[14:21] | I think about the way things could have been. | 我在想事情也许不会是现在这样 |
[14:22] | Cory! | 科瑞 |
[14:24] | I’m up here! | 我在这儿 |
[14:25] | You know, I… I… I read a book because… | 你懂的 我 我 我在这儿看书 因为 |
[14:26] | You know, I… I trust them. | 我 我相信他们 |
[14:29] | Interesting. | 很有意思 |
[14:30] | What happens next? | 然后发生了什么 |
[14:31] | Well, I look at the first question of the test, | 嗯 我看了下第一道题 |
[14:34] | then I make this kind of face… | 然后我的脸是这样的 |
[14:38] | Then I’ll look at Riley who’s all like… | 然后我看了下莱丽 她是这样的 |
[14:42] | Then I look at farkle who’s all like… | 然后我又看了下法尔科 他是那样的 |
[14:44] | Done! | 做完了 |
[14:46] | But for the first time ever, I might have looked at Farkle like… | 我则第一次用这样的眼神看了看法尔科 |
[14:53] | And Farkle kind of might have went… | 然后法尔科就那样 |
[14:57] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[15:00] | Interesting. | 很有意思 |
[15:02] | But from this angle, there’s still something blocking your view. | 但是从这个角度 应该还有东西挡着你的视线吧 |
[15:05] | Yes. So it’s possible Riley might have went… | 是的 所以莱丽就那样了 |
[15:14] | Well, we knew that farkle was an accomplice. | 嗯 我们已经知道法尔科是共犯了 |
[15:16] | I’ll do anything for my friends. | 我会为了我的朋友做任何事 |
[15:18] | I accept my punishment. | 我接受惩罚 |
[15:20] | But I think that Mrs. Matthews | 但马修斯太太 我觉得 |
[15:22] | just proved that he was not alone. | 刚刚证明了他不是唯一的共犯 |
[15:24] | Yeah, uh, my work here is done. | 是的 呃 我的工作完成了 |
[15:27] | Case number 44. | 第四十四号案件 |
[15:28] | Oh boy. | 天啊 |
[15:29] | Riley. | 莱丽 |
[15:30] | I was kind of an accomplice too. | 我也是共犯 |
[15:33] | Riley, how could you? | 莱丽 你怎么能这么做呢 |
[15:34] | Farkle put himself in jeopardy for Maya. | 法尔科为了玛雅不惜当共犯 |
[15:37] | How could I not? | 我怎么就不能 |
[15:38] | I thought maybe if farkle shared his knowledge with Maya, | 我是想着如果法尔科能让玛雅抄答案 |
[15:41] | and she got a good grade, she might want to keep on learning. | 然后玛雅得了高分 之后她可能就会自觉学习了 |
[15:44] | And she does, | 她也的确是这么做的 |
[15:46] | so if that makes us communists, | 如果这一切让我们成为共产主义者 |
[15:48] | then I guess that’s what we really are. | 那我觉得我们也没什么可后悔的 |
[15:49] | Yeah? Well, you certainly look like | 是吗 很明显你现在把你自己 |
[15:51] | you’re all in the same little group now. | 置身于一小撮人当中了 |
[15:52] | So what if maybe we dress a little bit alike? | 我们穿的有点像 又怎么了 |
[15:55] | And maybe some of my study methods have rubbed off on her. | 还有也许她学习到了我的某些学习方法 |
[15:58] | You know Farkle’s methods? | 你知道法尔科的学习方法 |
[16:01] | Dad, what’s going on here? | 这里发生了什么 老爸 |
[16:02] | It’s just what you wanted, Riley. | 这不就是你想要的吗 莱丽 |
[16:04] | Communism. | 共产主义 |
[16:05] | Farkle sharing his knowledge with Maya. | 法尔科把他的答案分享给了玛雅 |
[16:09] | Karl Marx… The father of communism. | 卡尔·马克思 共产主义之父 |
[16:13] | Vladimir Lenin led the revolution. | 弗拉基米尔·列宁 领导了革命 |
[16:18] | These guys don’t seem anywhere near as much fun as the other guys. | 这些家伙远远不如其他的一些人有趣 |
[16:21] | Yeah, well, maybe that’s because the other guys… | 这是因为其它的一些人比如 |
[16:24] | John Lennon and Groucho Marx… | 约翰·列侬和格劳乔·马克斯 |
[16:26] | Were two incredibly talented, what? | 都是极富天分的什么呢 |
[16:30] | Maya? | 玛雅 |
[16:32] | Individuals, sir. The point you’re | 先生 你想说的是个体吧 |
[16:33] | trying to make is that a free society breeds individuals. | 你是想说 这个自由的社会培育出了这些个体吧 |
[16:35] | And how do you feel you’re developing as an individual? | 作为一个正在不断成长的个体 你有什么感触吗 |
[16:37] | Maya, why don’t you sound like you? | 为什么你说起话来不像你了呢 玛雅 |
[16:39] | What do you mean? Who would I sound like besides me? | 什么意思 我说话不像我 那我还能像谁 |
[16:41] | I’m still me, Riley. I’ve always been me, | 我就是我 我一直没变过 |
[16:42] | and I’ll never be anybody else but me. Ha! | 我也不会成为 除了我之外的其他人 |
[16:57] | You think this is going to work? | 你觉得这行得通吗 |
[16:58] | It’s got to work. | 必须行得通 |
[17:00] | Otherwise, Frankie big hands | 否则的话 大手弗兰基就会 |
[17:01] | will take you on a little swing ride. | 抓着你去荡秋千 |
[17:03] | If he know what we mean. | 他最好知道我们不好惹 |
[17:06] | All right, Frankie big hands, | 好了 大手弗兰基 |
[17:08] | you apologize to Dominic. | 你要给多米尼克道歉 |
[17:10] | And your next incident will result in a three-day suspension. | 然后 你要被停课三天 |
[17:13] | Dominic, | 多米尼克 |
[17:14] | it’s me, not you. | 是我错了 而不是你 |
[17:17] | Now, where is my next appointment? | 下一个我要和谁谈谈 |
[17:27] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[17:39] | Okay, what’s this? | 这是什么鬼 |
[17:40] | We are putting up a wall to protect ourselves from them. | 我们建了堵墙 用来免受他们的影响 |
[17:45] | Don’t you think that’s a little extreme? | 你们不觉得这有些极端了吗 |
[17:46] | It’s the judgment of the honor board to separate those who cheat… | 仲裁会成员一致决定 隔离这些作弊的人 |
[17:49] | Share! | 明明是分享的人 |
[17:51] | Hey! We all said that at the same time! | 我们竟然异口同声地说出来了 |
[17:53] | I’m hungry. | 我快饿死了 |
[17:55] | What is happening to us? | 我们这是怎么回事啊 |
[18:01] | We don’t want to become like them. | 我们一点都不想成为他们这样的人 |
[18:03] | We’d rather remain a free society of individuals. | 我们更乐意成为 自由社会的独特个体 |
[18:05] | Instead of whatever the heck that was. | 而不是他们这些鬼东西 |
[18:09] | But isn’t the best part of a free society | 但是我们这个自由的社会 最大的优点 |
[18:10] | the fact that it allows its people to consider all beliefs? | 难道不是包容一切信念么 |
[18:15] | Yeah, but I want my friends back, Mr. Matthews. | 没错 但是我也很想让我的朋友做回自己 马修斯先生 |
[18:17] | Can you fix this? | 你能解决这个问题吗 |
[18:19] | You know, I graded your recent exams. | 知道吗 我刚把你们的考试打出分来了 |
[18:22] | Mr. Friar. | 弗莱尔 |
[18:24] | One hundred percent. | 一百分 |
[18:26] | You get an A. | 你得了个A |
[18:28] | Mr. Babineaux, | 巴宾诺 |
[18:29] | one hundred percent. You get an A. | 一百分 你也得了个A |
[18:33] | Ms. Hart, | 哈特小姐 |
[18:35] | Ms. Matthews, | 马修斯小姐 |
[18:36] | Farkle, | 法尔科 |
[18:38] | one hundred percent. | 都是一百分 |
[18:40] | You get a C. | 你们三个都是C |
[18:41] | What? | 什么 |
[18:43] | We get a what’s-that-you-say now? | 你说我们得了个什么 |
[18:46] | How did we get a hundred percent and get a c? | 为什么我们都是一百分 最后却只得C |
[18:48] | Because when you get everything right, | 因为你们没有独立完成考试 |
[18:50] | but you don’t do it yourselves, it makes you average. | 虽然你们答案是对的 而这也恰恰让你们变得平凡 |
[18:55] | A divided by three is a C. | A被你们三个一平均就是C |
[18:58] | Look at you, you’re all the same. | 看看你们自己 你们现在一模一样 |
[19:01] | You’re average. | 你们毫无特点 |
[19:04] | You’re common. | 你们平凡普通 |
[19:06] | Commonism. | 这是平凡主义 |
[19:08] | This is why it fell? | 难道这就是它失败的原因吗 |
[19:10] | People didn’t want to all be the same? | 人们都不想变得一模一样 |
[19:11] | Without incentive, | 没有激励 |
[19:13] | there’s no motivation. | 就不会有动力 |
[19:14] | Without motivation, there’s no advancement. | 没有了动力 就不可能进步 |
[19:18] | In a truly free society, | 在一个真正意义上的自由社会 |
[19:20] | we share the best parts of ourselves without cheating. | 我们不用作弊来分享我们最好的成果 |
[19:25] | Because we get to learn who we are individually. | 因为我们必须独立地认知我们自己 |
[19:27] | Come on, guys. Separately, you’re the best individuals I know. | 醒醒吧 分开来看 你们是我所见过的最优秀的人了 |
[19:32] | I miss you. | 我想念以前的你们 |
[19:33] | Please come back. | 醒醒吧 |
[19:36] | Maya? | 玛雅 |
[19:38] | Yeah. | 是 |
[19:40] | I think I’d like it better if I was doing well because | 我想 我更愿意因为自己能把事情做好 |
[19:42] | I was doing well. | 而去好好地做 |
[19:51] | But now you’re not me. | 但你就不是我了 |
[19:52] | There’s only one of you, Farkle. | 你是独一无二的 法尔科 |
[20:00] | There’s only one of all of us. | 我们这里的每个人都独一无二 |
[20:02] | It’s better that way, isn’t it? | 这样才更好 不是吗 |
[20:04] | We were founded on the concept of welcoming | 我们的一大建国理念 |
[20:07] | all people from all different parts of the world. | 就是包容来自世界各地的人民 |
[20:10] | And encouraging each of them to find out who they are. | 我们也鼓励他们每个人找到自己的人生定位 |
[20:13] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
[20:14] | Because the individual is valued here. | 因为在这里 每一个个体都有存在的价值 |
[20:17] | Yeah, that’s pretty good. | 说得对 这么做很伟大 |
[20:28] | There you are! | 你们终于清醒了 |
[20:31] | Welcome back, guys. | 欢迎回来 各位 |
[20:39] | Riley? | 莱丽 |
[20:42] | I’m proud of you. | 我为你骄傲 |
[20:46] | Mr. Friar, tear down this wall. | 弗莱尔先生 推倒这堵墙吧 |
[20:58] | Today was good. | 今天是个好日子 |
[20:59] | Once again, freedom and liberty have triumphed. | 自由和民主又一次获得胜利 |
[21:02] | I was just explaining the same thing to Auggie. | 我也在跟奥吉解释这些事情 |
[21:04] | Making individual choices isn’t easy. | 自己做决定从来都不容易 |
[21:07] | The important ones take work. | 重要的事情总是需要下工夫的 |
[21:09] | But once you realize it, everything turns out all right. | 但是一旦你意识到了这一点 一切难题都会解决的 |
[21:11] | And that’s when you discover who you are. | 这时你也会意识到你自己的真正价值 |
[21:13] | Because he’s Auggie. | 他是奥吉 |
[21:15] | He isn’t me. | 而不是我 |
[21:19] | Fine, I’ll take piano lessons. | 好吧 我还是去上钢琴课吧 |
[21:27] | Can we deal with this tomorrow? | 我们明天就去给他报个班吧 |
[21:29] | Yeah, tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow. Yeah. | 当然 明天 对 明天就去 |