时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I’m just gonna put down whatever. Ow! | 我就随便写了 |
[00:06] | No, our profile on the Abigail Adams High School social network | 不行 我们在阿比盖尔·亚当斯高中社交网上的账户 |
[00:10] | is who we are in high school and | 意味着我们在高中是什么样的人 |
[00:12] | it’ll follow us into college | 它会跟着我们一起上大学 |
[00:13] | and into our careers and into my marriage and into your five. | 进入职业生涯 走入婚姻 影响你的五个老公 |
[00:16] | Is one Lucas? | 其中一个是卢卡斯吗 |
[00:18] | No, sorry. | 不是 抱歉 |
[00:20] | But you were married to Farkle for six weeks. | 不过你跟法尔科结婚了 婚姻维持了六个星期 |
[00:22] | May he rest in peace. | 愿他安息 |
[00:25] | I’ll tell you right now the boy died happy. | 我现在要告诉你那孩子死得很安详 |
[00:28] | Hmm. Shall we begin? | 我们可以开始了吗 |
[00:30] | Name. Maya Penelope Hart. | 姓名 玛雅·佩内洛普·哈特 |
[00:32] | Really? | 真这么写吗 |
[00:33] | I’ve decided to embrace it. | 我已经决定接纳这个名字了 |
[00:35] | “Riley Matthews. | 莱丽·马修斯 |
[00:38] | Interests.” | 爱好 |
[00:40] | Why’d you stop? | 你怎么不写了 |
[00:41] | I can’t think of my interests. | 我想不起来我的喜好了 |
[00:43] | You can think of your interests. | 你能想起来你的喜好 |
[00:44] | You’re just worried that your interests aren’t interesting | 你只是担心你的喜好不能引起别人的兴趣 |
[00:46] | and your profile will bore the whole school. | 以及你的概况会让同学们觉得无聊 |
[00:48] | Why are you only smart when it’s at me? | 你为什么只在针对我的时候那么聪明呢 |
[00:50] | Just skip it and go to the ones you know. | 先跳到下一个你知道答案的问题 |
[00:53] | – Like favorite movie. – No. | -比如你最喜欢的电影 -不行 |
[00:54] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:55] | Maya, what if people here | 玛雅 如果这儿的人 |
[00:56] | don’t share my passion for farm animals who save the day? | 不像我那样喜欢挽救大局的农场动物怎么办 |
[00:59] | Why do you care about what other people think? | 你为什么要在乎别人怎么想呢 |
[01:02] | That’s all I do. | 我就是这样的人啊 |
[01:03] | Riley, just write down something you like and stop being so dramatic. | 莱丽 你怎么想的就怎么写 别那么戏剧化行不 |
[01:05] | Okay, I am the least dramatic person who has ever roamed the face of the Earth. | 我是这个世界上最不戏剧化的人了好么 |
[01:09] | What did you put for favorite movie? | 最喜欢的电影你写了什么 |
[01:12] | Don’t Look Behind You. | 《千万别回头》 |
[01:14] | – Did I see that with you? – No. | -是和我一起看的吗 -不是 |
[01:16] | – Why not? – Look behind you. | -为什么 -回头看 |
[01:20] | That’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[01:22] | Well, I’m sure that nobody else knows what to write down, either. | 我敢说其他人也不知道怎么写 |
[01:26] | – Oh, Butch Cassidy. – Empire Strikes Back. | -《虎豹小霸王》 -《帝国反击战》 |
[01:29] | The Notebook. | 《恋恋笔记本》 |
[01:33] | Love never dies, man. | 真爱永不消逝 哥们儿 |
[01:35] | All right, favorite song? | 好了 最喜欢的歌 |
[01:37] | Ooh, “Desperado.” | 亡命之徒 |
[01:38] | Anything by Celine Dion. | 席琳·狄翁的所有歌 |
[01:44] | The sound of my computer turning on. | 我电脑的开机声音 |
[01:48] | This is so easy. | 太简单了 |
[01:50] | Why is this so hard for you? | 怎么对你来说就这么难呢 |
[01:52] | When one makes a decision, | 在做决定的时候 |
[01:54] | one must consider the consequences of one’s choice. | 必须考虑选择可能带来的后果 |
[01:56] | – Real talk. – What if nobody likes me? | -说正经的 -如果没人喜欢我了怎么办 |
[01:59] | You’re just freaking out because your name’s on it. | 你紧张是因为你的名字在上面 |
[02:01] | Let’s pretend that you had an alter ego you pretended to be | 我们就假装当你一个人的时候 |
[02:04] | when you were all alone that nobody knows about and put her name on it. | 还有另一个没人认识的你 把她的名字写上去 |
[02:07] | Yes. Let’s pretend that. Ha ha. | 好的 那这么办 哈哈 |
[02:11] | – What’s her name? – Jexica. | -她叫什么 -杰克西卡 |
[02:15] | Jexica? | 杰克西卡 |
[02:17] | Like Jessica, but “x-ier.” | 就像杰西卡 不过多一个克 |
[02:21] | Nobody’s gonna find that adorable. | 没人会想出这么可爱的名字 |
[02:23] | Jexica was the coolest thing there ever was. | 杰克西卡是最酷的 |
[02:27] | She had blue hair and she protected me. | 她的头发是蓝色的 她会保护我 |
[02:30] | – What happened to her? – You showed up. | -她后来怎么了 -你出现了 |
[02:35] | So make a profile as Jexica. | 那就写杰克西卡的概况吧 |
[02:37] | Write down all the answers as yourself, | 写你自己的答案 |
[02:39] | but if nobody likes her, you’re fine because nobody knows it’s you. | 即使没人喜欢她也没关系 因为没人知道她就是你 |
[02:42] | Okay. Ha, this already feels easier. | 好的 感觉简单多了 |
[02:45] | Pretending to be somebody else usually is. | 假装是别人一般都这样 |
[02:48] | Jexica likes all of the things that I like | 杰克西卡喜欢的东西都和我一样 |
[02:50] | except she wears a green army jacket, | 不过她穿一件军绿色的上衣 |
[02:53] | has feathers in her blue hair and she carries a sword. | 她蓝色的头发上戴有羽毛 还拿着一把剑 |
[02:57] | Classic Jexica. | 经典的杰克西卡形象 |
[03:01] | Hey, that’s her. | 就是这个样子 |
[03:04] | You think anybody will like her? | 你觉得其他人会喜欢她吗 |
[03:05] | I know I do. | 反正我喜欢 |
[03:15] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[03:19] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[03:24] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[03:28] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[03:32] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[03:36] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[03:40] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[03:45] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[03:48] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[03:53] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:56] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[04:00] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[04:10] | I hate not having the exact same schedule as you. | 我们俩的课表不一样好讨厌啊 |
[04:13] | I know. I turned to talk to you in class to tell you about this little dry patch | 就是 我转身跟你说我手上这块皮肤好干 |
[04:16] | and realized I was talking to Yogi. | 然后才意识到我是在跟尤吉说 |
[04:18] | Hey, you try that eucalyptus, girl? | 试一下桉树油 妹子 |
[04:21] | Thanks, Yogs. | 谢谢提醒 尤吉 |
[04:27] | Why are you laughing? Is one of my five husbands Yogi? | 你笑什么 尤吉也是我的五个老公之一是不是 |
[04:31] | – How is that possible? – We only know five guys. | -这怎么可能 -我们只认识五个男生啊 |
[04:34] | You check your phone recently? | 你看手机了吗 |
[04:36] | Ooh! Jexica has 20 likes. | 有二十个人喜欢杰克西卡 |
[04:39] | Refresh. | 刷新 |
[04:41] | Jexica has 200 likes. | 有两百个喜欢了 |
[04:42] | Refresh. | 再刷新 |
[04:44] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[04:45] | Jexica is super popular. | 杰克西卡成名人了 |
[04:47] | People really love her. | 大家都喜欢她 |
[04:48] | Look at the comments. | 看看评论 |
[04:50] | Jexica says everything I’m thinking. | 杰克西卡所说的和我想的一样 |
[04:54] | Jexica makes me less afraid to be me. | 杰克西卡让我不再畏惧做自己 |
[04:58] | I went to summer camp with her. | 我想和她一起参加夏令营 |
[05:01] | Jexica’s my best friend. She’s always been my best friend. | 杰克西卡是我最好的朋友 她一直是我最好的朋友 |
[05:06] | She has. | 必须的 |
[05:07] | Now Jexica was a success. | 杰克西卡成功了 |
[05:09] | So delete Jexica and put up your real profile | 在还来得及之前 |
[05:11] | and let everybody like you before it’s too late. | 删掉杰克西卡放上你的真实信息 让大家喜欢你 |
[05:14] | Hey, guys, how do you feel about | 伙计们 如果我们想在我们的圈子之外 |
[05:15] | making some new friends outside our group? | 交些新朋友你们觉得怎么样 |
[05:17] | Of course. Why? | 当然可以 为什么这么问 |
[05:18] | – Uh, there’s this girl… – What? | -因为是个女生 -什么 |
[05:20] | – Named Jexica. – What? | -名叫杰克西卡 -什么 |
[05:23] | – Delete her. – Too late. | -快删掉她 -太迟了 |
[05:25] | I don’t know. I just feel like I really get Jexica. | 不知道咋说 我就感觉我和杰克西卡很有共同语言 |
[05:28] | Yeah, she’s a mystery woman. | 是啊 她是个神秘的女人 |
[05:29] | A mystery makes a woman very intriguing. | 神秘会激起人的兴趣 |
[05:31] | I went to summer camp with her. | 我和她一起参加过夏令营 |
[05:34] | It looks as though we all like her. | 看上去好像我们都喜欢她 |
[05:36] | – Better than Maya? – Hey! | -比玛雅还好吗 -嘿 |
[05:38] | I’m sorry. Better than Maya? | 对不起 比玛雅还好吗 |
[05:47] | I’m rich. I’m rich I tell ya. | 我是富人了 我很富的跟你说 |
[05:50] | More info please. | 再多说点 |
[05:52] | – No. – No? | -不行 -不行 |
[05:55] | If you don’t just take my word for it, | 如果你不相信我说的 |
[05:57] | then I’m only gonna share my $30 million U.S. with mommy. | 我就要把我的三千万美元跟妈妈分了 |
[06:04] | All right, read it. | 好吧 你念吧 |
[06:05] | “I am Prince Baji from Nairobi.” | 我是内罗毕的巴吉王子 |
[06:07] | – Oh. – Scam. | -晕 -骗局 |
[06:10] | No scam. Says right here. “This no scam.” | 不是骗局 这里写着呢 这不是骗局 |
[06:14] | – Auggie… – You taught me to read. | -奥吉 -是你教我认字的 |
[06:16] | Why would you teach me to read if I wasn’t supposed to believe what I’m reading? | 如果我自己读的东西都不能相信你干嘛还要教我认字 |
[06:21] | He’s got us, Topanga. | 我竟无言以对 托庞嘉 |
[06:24] | And if it was a scam, why would they start by saying, | 如果是骗局的话 他们为什么不这样写 |
[06:27] | “Hello, it’s me, your friend from Nairobi?” | 你好 是我 你内罗毕的朋友 |
[06:30] | Do you have a friend from Nairobi? | 你在内罗毕有朋友吗 |
[06:32] | Well, we’re in the early stages of our relationship, | 我们的关系还处于初始阶段 |
[06:34] | and he wants to give me money so I’d say we’re besties. | 但是因为他要给我钱 我得说我们是死党了 |
[06:38] | Honey, they don’t even have a real identity. | 宝贝 他们连真实的身份都没有 |
[06:41] | They’re just trying to gain your trust. | 他们只是想骗取你的信任 |
[06:42] | I do trust Prince Baji. He does so have an identity. | 我确实相信巴吉王子 他有身份 |
[06:46] | He sent me his picture. | 他还给我发照片了 |
[06:48] | That’s Morgan Freeman. | 那是摩根·弗里曼 |
[06:51] | It’s always Morgan Freeman. | 都是用摩根·弗里曼来骗人 |
[06:55] | How can you not trust that face? | 你们怎么可以不相信这张脸 |
[06:58] | – Topanga. – No. | -托庞嘉 -不是吧 |
[07:01] | Look at this picture and tell me this isn’t the real Prince Baji. | 看看这张照片 你怎么好意思说他不是真正的巴吉王子 |
[07:05] | I don’t want him to lose his boyish innocence. | 我不想让他失去男孩的天真 |
[07:08] | The world is the world, Cory. | 这个世界就是如此 科瑞 |
[07:10] | I want to protect him for as long as we can, okay? | 我想尽我们所能保护他 这不对吗 |
[07:13] | He has to learn what’s out there sometime. | 有时候他也得学着了解外面的世界 |
[07:15] | What’s out there? | 外面的世界有啥 |
[07:18] | Okay, I’ll tell you what. | 我来告诉你有什么 |
[07:19] | Why don’t we say what we really think on the count of three? | 不如我们数三个数说出我们真正想法 |
[07:21] | – Ready? – One, two, three! | -准备好了吗 -一 二 三 |
[07:23] | I think he’s gonna be King Baji one day | 我觉得他总有一天会成为巴吉国王 |
[07:25] | and I think we should get in now. | 我们现在就应该跟他联系 |
[07:31] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[07:32] | Happy anniversary, Topanga. | 纪念日快乐 托庞嘉 |
[07:34] | Because that is the 100th time that you have one, two, three, tricked me. | 这已经是你第一百次用一二三把戏来耍我了 |
[07:38] | I do it that often? | 我经常这么做吗 |
[07:39] | You’ve been doing it since the ’90s. | 你从九十年代开始就这样了 |
[07:43] | All right, on the count of three. | 好了 数三个数 |
[07:45] | One, two, three! | 一 二 三 |
[07:46] | Angela’s still in love with Shawn. | 安吉拉还喜欢肖恩 |
[07:47] | I hate that. | 你太讨厌了 |
[07:50] | It’s not my fault you fall for it all the time. | 你自己总是上当 怪我咯 |
[07:52] | And I can’t believe you keep a list of it. | 而且你竟然还列了张清单 |
[07:54] | You can’t imagine the lists I have on you. | 你可想不到我到底给你列了多少单子 |
[07:58] | Do you have any on me? | 你给我列过清单吗 |
[07:59] | Oh, do I have any lists on you? Let me think about it. No. | 噢 我列没列你的清单 让我想想 没有 |
[08:02] | Why not? | 为什么没有 |
[08:03] | Because I’m a healthy person. | 因为我是个脑子正常的人 |
[08:06] | Well, I hate that, too. | 这点也很讨厌 |
[08:09] | He okay? | 他还好吗 |
[08:10] | Oh, he’s fine, honey. | 噢 他没事 宝贝 |
[08:12] | I believe you. I believe anything. | 我相信你 我相信任何事情 |
[08:24] | I hear the freshmen just joined the high school social network. | 我听说你们这些新生加入高中社交网络了 |
[08:26] | -Not me. -I hear someone has already caused quite a stir. | -我没有 -我还听说已经有人引起了不小的轰动 |
[08:30] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[08:31] | So who is ready to learn something today? | 好了 有人今天想学点什么吗 |
[08:34] | Not me. | 我不要 |
[08:36] | A social network is something that has its roots firmly planted in our history. | 社交网络深深植根于我们的历史当中 |
[08:40] | Cave paintings, stone tablets, scrolls and papyrus leaves, | 洞穴壁画 石碑 卷轴还有纸莎草纸等等 |
[08:43] | they all help decode what went on in a society. | 都帮助我们破解历史上发生了什么 |
[08:47] | Now what are historians in the future gonna use | 那将来的历史学家会用什么 |
[08:48] | to help determine who we were? | 来确定我们现在的样子呢 |
[08:50] | The Internet and my frozen brain. | 互联网和我的冷冻的大脑 |
[08:52] | If they look at the Internet, they’re gonna think we’re pretty ridiculous. | 如果他们研究互联网的话 他们会觉得我们很可笑 |
[08:55] | You think? Why is that? | 你这么认为吗 为什么呢 |
[08:57] | Because the Internet makes us look like a society of people | 因为互联网上的我们表现得就像整个社会的人 |
[08:59] | that only care about dancing cats. | 都只在意会跳舞的猫 |
[09:02] | But we’re more than that. | 但我们不止如此 |
[09:03] | We are, but no one knows that if the dancing cat videos have a billion views | 我们就是这样 但是没人知道的是跳舞猫有十亿浏览量 |
[09:07] | and the discovery of a new planet only gets 27,000 likes. | 而发现了一颗新行星却只能得到27000个赞 |
[09:10] | All me. | 都是我点的 |
[09:12] | What’s the difference? Dancing cats and a new planet | 有什么关系呢 跳舞猫和新行星 |
[09:14] | are just gonna get replaced by something new tomorrow. | 明天就会被新东西替代 |
[09:16] | Exactly right, Mr. Friar. So what does that say about us? | 非常正确 弗莱尔先生 那么这对我们意味着什么呢 |
[09:20] | Oh, Oh! I know. It’s not that we’re a society of dancing cats. | 噢噢 我知道了 我们并不是一个跳舞猫的社会 |
[09:24] | It’s that we’re a society of… Yes, Matthews? | 我们这个社会是 马修斯你说 |
[09:28] | It says that we’re a society that | 说明我们这个社会 |
[09:30] | lets things rise and fall that have no real value | 让没有真正意义的事物掀起波澜 |
[09:32] | because the Internet makes them so readily available to us | 因为我们很容易就能在网上了解到这些事物 |
[09:34] | so they get a lot of clicks and likes and comments, | 所以它们有很多点击量 很多赞和评论 |
[09:37] | and then they fade out of our mind when the next thing comes along. | 然后等到下一个事物出现的时候它们就会淡出我们心中 |
[09:39] | Well, what’s wrong with a little distraction? | 呃 这点消遣有什么不对吗 |
[09:41] | Nothing, if that’s all it is. | 如果它只是消遣而已 没什么不对 |
[09:43] | How many people here have seen the dancing cats video? | 在座的有多少人看过跳舞猫的视频 |
[09:47] | What about the sneezing panda? | 看过打喷嚏熊猫的呢 |
[09:49] | ‘Cause it goes, “Achoo!” and the other one goes, “Ah”! | 就像这样 啊啾 然后另一个也 啊 |
[09:55] | It seems to me this isn’t a distraction at all. | 在我看来这根本不是一种消遣 |
[09:58] | It’s a lifestyle. | 这是一种生活方式 |
[09:59] | Yeah, but we use the Internet to study as well, Mr. Matthews. | 是啊 但是我们也用互联网学习啊 马修斯老师 |
[10:02] | And that’s great. Okay, so who here knows the capital of Minnesota? | 这点很棒 所以在座的有谁知道明尼苏达州的首府 |
[10:07] | What about penguins? Are they in the North Pole? | 那企鹅呢 它们在北极还是南极 |
[10:09] | Polar bears at the South or is it the other way around? | 北极熊是在南极还是在北极呢 |
[10:11] | We only have so much room in our brains. | 我们的脑子哪记得住这么多东西 |
[10:15] | Really? Who has seen the “Charlie bit my finger…” | 真的吗 谁看过 查理咬了我的手指头 |
[10:18] | “Charlie bit my finger. He bit my finger, Charlie.” | 查理咬了我的手指头 他咬了我的手指头 查理 |
[10:23] | Oh, Charlie. | 噢 查理 |
[10:26] | Okay, I guarantee you guys | 好了 我跟你们保证 |
[10:31] | that what historians will say | 历史学家们会认为 |
[10:32] | about us is that we’re a society that spent a lot of time | 我们这个社会的人会花很多时间 |
[10:35] | with a click or a like or a comment. | 去点击 点赞 或者评论 |
[10:38] | And it’s especially easy if nobody knows who you are, | 如果没人知道你是谁的话就更容易了 |
[10:40] | because a lot of people spend their time posting under anonymous names. | 因为很多人会花时间匿名发帖 |
[10:43] | Is that a good thing or bad thing? | 这是好事还是坏事 |
[10:44] | Good. | 好事 |
[10:46] | Good. Why good? | 是好事 为什么是好事 |
[10:47] | Just good. | 就是好 |
[10:50] | Just why? | 为什么 |
[10:51] | Because maybe life is easier that way. | 因为这样的生活可能会简单些 |
[10:53] | Maybe. Or maybe hiding behind a fake screenname | 也许吧 又或者藏在网名的假面之后 |
[10:57] | gives the people the courage to go negative. | 让人有勇气去攻击别人 |
[11:00] | Or someone who’s too scared to express themselves | 或者说有些人害怕去表达他们 |
[11:02] | an undeserved moment of attention. | 不值得被关注的心情 |
[11:06] | Attention, Abigail Adams High. | 阿比盖尔·亚当斯高中同学们请注意 |
[11:08] | Will Jexica please report to the school office? Jexica. | 请杰克西卡到学校办公室一趟 杰克西卡 |
[11:13] | We just really want to meet you. | 我们真的很想见见你 |
[11:23] | SN Mee I’m alone in the bay window. | 我可一个人在这儿坐着呢 |
[11:26] | I’ve been forsaken, abandoned | 我被遗弃了 被抛弃了 |
[11:30] | and a third word for alone. | 我好孤独啊 |
[11:34] | I’m almost done liking the likes that people liked of me. | 我快把那些赞我的人回赞完了 |
[11:37] | – You mean Jexica. – I am Jexica. | -你说的是杰克西卡 -我就是杰克西卡 |
[11:39] | I have achieved stunning and unheard of popularity. | 我现在已经有名到炸裂了 |
[11:42] | I have everything I want. | 我得到了我想要的一切 |
[11:43] | It’s only because nobody knows it’s you. | 这都是因为没人知道那是你 |
[11:45] | And that would bother some people, but not me. | 这确实让一些人烦恼 我不烦就行了 |
[11:48] | Because I’m too busy answering everybody’s private requests for advice. | 因为我正回复每个人的私信给他们提建议 没空烦恼 |
[11:51] | Here’s a new message. Oh. | 又来了一条新消息 噢 |
[11:55] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:55] | – Nothing. – Read that one right now. | -没事儿 -现在就把那条念给我听 |
[11:57] | Or what? | 要不然呢 |
[12:01] | “Hi, Jexica, my name is Lucas Friar”… | 嗨 杰克西卡 我的名字叫做卢卡斯·弗莱尔 |
[12:04] | Wait. Why would Lucas write to Jexica? | 等等 卢卡斯为啥要给杰克西卡发私信 |
[12:05] | “I have to choose between two girls. | 我得在两个女孩中做出选择 |
[12:08] | And I thought that I liked them both, | 但我觉得她们两个我都很喜欢 |
[12:09] | but what I really love is that you want to ride unicorns | 但我真正喜欢的是你想要一边骑着独角兽 |
[12:11] | while eating cotton candy and collecting falling stars. | 一边吃棉花糖 抓流星 |
[12:14] | I think you would fit in with our group of friends, | 我觉得你应该会跟我们这群朋友相处得很好 |
[12:16] | but please don’t tell them I invited you.” | 但求你别告诉她们我邀请了你 |
[12:18] | – He knows. – No, he doesn’t know, Maya. | -他知道了 -不 他不知道 玛雅 |
[12:21] | I wish everybody knew because | 我希望所有人都知道 |
[12:22] | then I’d be the most popular girl in school, | 这样我就成学校最受欢迎的女生了 |
[12:24] | but I’m not because nobody knows. | 但我不受欢迎因为没有人知道我是谁 |
[12:27] | Isn’t that just the way? | 不就是这个道理吗 |
[12:29] | He knows it’s you. | 他知道这是你 |
[12:30] | He doesn’t know, | 他不知道 |
[12:31] | but if he knew, it would fix all of our problems. | 但如果他知道了 那我们之间的问题就都解决了 |
[12:33] | – How? – Because if Lucas likes Jexica | -怎么解决 -因为如果卢卡斯喜欢杰克西卡的话 |
[12:36] | then he doesn’t have to choose between you and me, | 他就不用在你我之间选择了 |
[12:38] | and we don’t get hurt and he can have Jexica, | 我们不会受伤 他可以得到杰克西卡 |
[12:40] | and we don’t get hurt. | 而且我们不会受伤 |
[12:41] | What’d I do? I land on your head? | 我做了什么 我撞到你脑袋了吗 |
[12:43] | Is that what I did? I land on your head? | 我这么做了吗 刚才压到你脑袋了 |
[12:50] | I know what I must do. | 我知道我必须做什么了 |
[12:52] | That’s nice. I’ll wait here. Oh, look, she’s marching. | 太好了 我在这里等你 噢瞧啊 她踱步走了 |
[13:04] | It’s me, Maya. | 是我 玛雅 |
[13:06] | I know who it is, nimrod. | 我知道你是谁 社交矮子 |
[13:08] | Why does everything always have to get so out of hand? | 为什么一切都要变得这么失控 |
[13:09] | You ain’t seen nothin’ yet. | 你现在还什么都没看到 |
[13:12] | Here’s my plan. “A”… I go to school like this. | 我说说计划 第一步 我就穿成这样去上学 |
[13:15] | “B”… I claim my new popularity. | 第二步 我夺回属于我的新名声 |
[13:16] | “C”… I solve our whole love triangle when Lucas falls for Jexica. | 第三步 等卢卡斯沉迷于杰克西卡就解决我们的三角关系 |
[13:20] | -Not a thing. – “D”… something goes horribly wrong. | -没这回事儿 -第四步 事情变得极度糟糕 |
[13:23] | “E”… I learn a big lesson. | 最后 我得到一个大教训 |
[13:24] | Let’s go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go! | 来来来我们赶紧出发出发 |
[13:29] | What can I say? This sounds right. | 我还能说什么呢 听起来挺对的 |
[13:35] | Breakfast is served. | 早饭做好啦 |
[13:37] | You cooked for us? | 你给我们做了早餐 |
[13:39] | Why, yes, August, I did. | 怎么了 是啊 奥古斯特 我做的 |
[13:41] | And not because Mommy one, two, three, tricked me, | 不是因为你娘一二三的把戏耍了我 |
[13:44] | but I did it out of the generosity in my own heart, | 而是出自我内心深处的慷慨大方 |
[13:46] | just like Prince Baji does. | 就像巴吉王子那样 |
[13:49] | Oh, hey, I just thought of something. | 噢 嘿 我刚想起来点事 |
[13:52] | Would it be okay with you if we didn’t raise our son to be an Internet sucker? | 你同不同意我们别把我们的儿子养成一个小网迷 |
[13:56] | Why, yes, it would be as long as it would be okay with you that we did. | 当然了 我们做事只要你同意我就同意 |
[13:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[14:02] | Because sometimes it’s okay to believe in the world. | 有时候相信这个世界也没错 |
[14:05] | Prove me wrong, I dare ya. | 快说我错了 你敢吗 |
[14:07] | Prove me wrong. | 证明我是错的啊 |
[14:09] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:10] | It’s from Ava. She’s in London. | 是艾娃 她现在在伦敦 |
[14:13] | She’s lost her wallet. | 她把钱包丢了 |
[14:14] | She needs me to send her all the money I have. | 她让我把我所有的钱都寄过去 |
[14:20] | Okay, you guys don’t want me to trust strangers, | 行了 你们不想让我相信陌生人 |
[14:23] | but you’ve always taught me to help my friends. | 但是你们一直教导我要帮助朋友 |
[14:25] | And Ava’s my friend and I’m gonna help her no matter what. | 艾娃是我的朋友 我无论如何都要帮助她 |
[14:32] | Prove me wrong, I dare ya. Prove me wrong! | 快说我错了 你敢吗 说我错了 |
[14:38] | – What? – That is the 100th anniversary | -干嘛 -第一百次纪念 |
[14:40] | of “Prove Me Wrong, I Dare Ya. Prove Me Wrong.” | 这是你第一百次说 说我错了 你敢吗 说我错了 |
[14:43] | It’s also the 100th anniversary of “Why Did I Marry You”? | 这也是“我为什么要嫁给你”的一百次纪念 |
[14:47] | Ooh, congratulations. | 诶哟 祝贺你呀 |
[15:00] | Attention. Attention, everyone in the school. | 注意了 注意了 大家好 |
[15:04] | I have an announcement to make. I am Jexica! | 我要宣布一件事情 我就是杰克西卡 |
[15:09] | That oughta do it. | 这样应该有用吧 |
[15:11] | You would think, but no. | 可是你错了 |
[15:12] | Why not, pray tell? | 为什么不对 能否告知 |
[15:14] | What we’ve done is skipped right to “D.” | 因为我们直接跳到了D等 |
[15:15] | A, B, C… D! this is the letter where everything goes horribly wrong. | A B C D 这是用来评价所有最烂的东西的等级 |
[15:20] | That’s the one. | 现在就是 |
[15:22] | I am Jexica. | 我是杰克西卡 |
[15:26] | I am Jexica. | 我是杰克西卡 |
[15:29] | I am Jexica. | 我是杰克西卡 |
[15:32] | – Yogi? – Jexica. | -尤吉 -杰克西卡 |
[15:35] | I am Jexica! | 我是杰克西卡 |
[15:38] | What do we do now? | 现在我们该怎么办 |
[15:41] | Too early to tell. | 下结论为时尚早 |
[15:42] | We’ll be back right after this with our lesson. | 我们在领了这个教训后稍后回来 |
[15:49] | And now it’s one day later. | 第二天了 |
[15:50] | What could have possibly changed? | 有什么变了呢 |
[15:52] | I know I said I liked her yesterday, | 我知道昨天我还说我喜欢她 |
[15:54] | but that was yesterday. Come on. | 但那是昨天了 得了吧 |
[15:57] | Yeah, it’s possible that I said I was Jexica | 是的 我有可能说过我喜欢杰克西卡 |
[16:00] | to show I could be a unique individual just like her. | 为了表明我跟她一样有个性 |
[16:04] | I don’t wanna be mean, but I’m gonna. | 我不想这么说 但是我觉得 |
[16:07] | I think the blue hair and sword may be trying too hard. | 蓝头发和剑可能有点过了 |
[16:09] | I’ve tried to tell her, but you know Jexica. | 我想告诉她 但是你懂的 |
[16:11] | She’s still my best friend and everything. She is. | 她仍然是我最好的朋友 她还是 |
[16:16] | Hey, guys, have you seen a piano playing rabbit? | 同志们 你们看过弹钢琴的兔子吗 |
[16:32] | Maya, I don’t get it. Jexica has lost, like, half of her followers. | 玛雅 我不太明白 杰克西卡好像掉了一半的粉丝 |
[16:36] | How could this happen? What did I do? | 怎么会这样 我做什么了 |
[16:38] | What kind of world is this? | 这个世界怎么了 |
[16:39] | You didn’t do anything wrong, Riles. | 你什么也没做错 莱丽 |
[16:40] | It’s just a matter of time | 这只是时间的问题 |
[16:41] | before people get over something that doesn’t actually exist. | 人们会很快厌倦那些不存在的东西的 |
[16:44] | Poor Jexica. | 可怜的杰克西卡 |
[16:45] | She’s not a thing. | 她什么也不是 |
[16:47] | – All she ever wanted was love. – She doesn’t exist. | -她只是想要爱而已 -她不是真的 |
[16:49] | I bet she wishes she never even put up her own profile. | 我打赌她希望她从来没有创建过她的账户 |
[16:52] | -She’s you. -Well, then how do I feel about this? | -她就是你 -那么我对此什么感觉 |
[16:55] | Leave me alone. | 让我静静 |
[16:57] | Okay, historians will decide whatever they decide about us. | 历史学家会对我们做出自己的评判 |
[17:01] | How do you guys feel about who you are? | 你们是怎样评判你们自己的呢 |
[17:04] | I got 109 followers. So I feel pretty good no matter what happens. | 我有一百零九个粉丝 所以我觉得天塌下来都无所谓 |
[17:07] | Really? What’s valuable? | 真的吗 什么对你们来说比较宝贵 |
[17:10] | Polar bears, North Pole. Penguins, South Pole. | 北极在北极 企鹅在南极 |
[17:12] | The capital of Minnesota is St. Paul. | 还有明尼苏达州的首府是圣保罗 |
[17:14] | That’s right, that’s great, right? Isn’t that great? | 对的 说的很棒 不是吗 难道不好吗 |
[17:19] | – “Charlie bit my finger.” “Charlie bit my finger. | -查理咬了我的手指头 -查理咬了我的手指头 |
[17:22] | Charlie bit my finger. Oh, Charlie.” | 查理咬了我的手指头 哦 查理 |
[17:27] | If something that’s important to us today | 如果今天很重要的东西 |
[17:30] | is so easily replaced by something else tomorrow, | 明天就会被其他东西轻易取代 |
[17:32] | we have to wonder if it ever really had any value at all. | 我们就需要思考那个东西是否真的有价值 |
[17:36] | What can we learn from that? | 我们能从中学到什么 |
[17:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:40] | How do you not know? | 你怎么会不知道 |
[17:41] | I don’t know because I live in a world that judges me | 我不知道是因为这是一个别人通过我喜欢的 |
[17:43] | based on whatever movie or song I like, | 电影或音乐来评判我这个人的世界 |
[17:45] | and I’m expected to answer questions about myself, | 我希望能够自己回答这个问题 |
[17:49] | but I’m still figuring out who I am | 但是我仍然在思考我是谁 |
[17:51] | and everything could change tomorrow. | 而明天一切可能就变了 |
[17:53] | Because who you are isn’t measured by today or tomorrow, | 因为你是谁并不能用今天或明天来衡量 |
[17:57] | but by a whole bunch of days of what you do. | 而应该用你这一生的所作所为去评判 |
[18:00] | Not necessarily what you like or what you say at a particular time. | 也不能用某一时刻你喜欢的或者你说过的话评判 |
[18:05] | The great thing about evolving is that we continue to grow and feel. | 进化最好的一点便是我们一直在成长和感受 |
[18:11] | Don’t be influenced by somebody else’s likes or clicks or favorites. | 不要被别人的赞或点击量而影响 |
[18:16] | Who should determine what you think? | 谁应该决定你想什么呢 |
[18:19] | Wikipedia. | 维基百科 |
[18:22] | You disgust me. | 你把我恶心到了 |
[18:24] | Go figure this out in the bay window. Class is over! | 去凸窗那儿寻找答案吧 下课 |
[18:34] | – Hey, Huckleberry. – Yes. | -嘿 小越橘 -在 |
[18:36] | What do you know? | 你知道什么 |
[18:37] | I know a lot of things. | 我知道很多 |
[18:39] | I know that we need to stick together. | 我知道我们必须团结一心 |
[18:41] | I know that the only way we can do that is | 我知道实现团结一心的唯一的途径 |
[18:43] | if we’re honest with each other. | 就是彼此坦诚相待 |
[18:44] | Get to it. | 说重点 |
[18:45] | I know that you are Jexica. | 我知道你就是杰克西卡 |
[18:48] | I know that you are Jexica. | 我知道你就是杰克西卡 |
[18:50] | Lucas told me that you are Jexica. | 卢卡斯说你就是杰克西卡 |
[18:53] | How did you guys know that? | 你们怎么知道的 |
[18:55] | We know who you are, Riley. | 我们知道你是谁 莱丽 |
[18:56] | You don’t have to write down some fake profile for us to know who you are. | 你不用创建虚假的账户让我们了解你 |
[18:59] | I’d recognize you anywhere. | 你在哪里我们都能认出你 |
[19:01] | What? No, you said something to her | 什么 不 你跟她说了这些 |
[19:02] | so now you have to look at me and say something to me. | 所以你现在必须看着我才能跟我说这些是吗 |
[19:04] | I’d recognize you anywhere, too. | 你在哪里我也能认出你 |
[19:06] | You’re not even trying. | 你根本没努力 |
[19:07] | I’m tired all the time. | 我一直都很累 |
[19:11] | – Guys. – Yes. | -各位 -嗯哼 |
[19:13] | I want us to last forever. | 我想让我们的友谊永存 |
[19:15] | Well, how do we do that? | 那么我们该怎么做呢 |
[19:16] | By finding out that friends who know who you are | 最应该做的就是找出来那些 |
[19:20] | is the most real thing there is. | 知道你是谁的朋友们 |
[19:24] | So, Riley, what are you gonna put on your profile? | 那么 莱丽 你准备在你的账户上写些什么呢 |
[19:26] | Yeah. Who are you? | 是啊 你是谁 |
[19:33] | Topanga. | 托庞嘉 |
[19:35] | I’ve been thinking about you all day | 我一整天都在想你 |
[19:36] | and I want to tell you something. | 并且想告诉你一些事情 |
[19:37] | I’ve been thinking about you all day | 我也一整天都在想你 |
[19:39] | and I want to tell you something. | 并且也想告诉你一些事情 |
[19:40] | Let’s say it on the count of three. | 我们数三个数然后一起说 |
[19:41] | – Absolutely. – One, two, three! | -好的 – 一 二 三 |
[19:43] | I don’t want you to have a list of anything I do that you don’t like. | 我不喜欢你写的所有不喜欢我做的事情的清单 |
[19:46] | I tricked you, I won, and I feel good about it. | 我捉弄了你 我赢了 我感觉不错 |
[19:47] | But I don’t ever want to do it again, | 但是我再也不想这么做了 |
[19:50] | and I’d like to forget about the 100 times that I did. Is that okay? | 我想要忘记我做过的那一百次 可以吗 |
[19:54] | Tell her it’s okay, Dad. | 告诉她没关系 爸爸 |
[19:56] | No, it’s not okay. | 不 不可以 |
[20:00] | I’m giving you a chance to start over. | 我给你一个机会重新开始 |
[20:01] | I wouldn’t change one moment of anything we ever did. | 我不想改变我们在一起的每分每秒 |
[20:06] | That’s pretty good, huh? | 听起来很棒 哈 |
[20:08] | Yeah, that’s real good. | 是啊 真的很棒 |
[20:12] | – Auggie, where were you? – What? | -奥吉 你那时候在哪儿 -什么 |
[20:16] | I e-mailed you. I told you to come to London. | 我给你发了邮件 邀请你去伦敦 |
[20:19] | You left me hangin’, baby. | 你放了我的鸽子 宝贝 |
[20:21] | That was real? Why were you in London? | 你说的是真的 你为什么在伦敦 |
[20:25] | I had to stop there on my way back from Nairobi. | 我从内罗毕回来的时候必须在那里停留 |
[20:28] | You saw Prince Baji? | 你见到了巴吉王子 |
[20:30] | You mean the Baj? He gave me this. | 你是说小巴 他给了我这个 |
[20:34] | $30 million, U.S.? | 三千万美元 |
[20:38] | How do you like me now, Topy? | 现在你该怎么感谢我 托比 |
[20:41] | Oh, call me “Mommy.” | 哦 叫我妈妈 |
[20:48] | That was a good one. | 真是个美梦 |
[20:58] | Step away from the Internet. | 离互联网远点 |
[21:02] | I finally made my own profile. | 我终于建好了我的账户 |
[21:04] | I put down all of my favorites. | 我写下了我所有的喜好 |
[21:06] | I put down everything that makes me who I am. | 我写下了所有让我成为我的东西 |
[21:09] | Hey, I know you. | 嘿 我认识你 |
[21:12] | Good. Let’s watch this now. | 很好 我们一起来看这个 |
[21:15] | And who is your best friend? | 你最好的朋友是谁 |
[21:17] | Who’s your best friend? Who’s your best friend? | 你最好的朋友是谁 你最好的朋友是谁 |
[21:20] | Who’s your best friend? Who’s your best friend? | 你最好的朋友是谁 你最好的朋友是谁 |
[21:23] | Who’s your best friend? Pizza? | 你最好的朋友是谁 披萨 |