时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Spanish class. I just love this class. | 西班牙语课 我喜欢 |
[00:14] | I wish it was in English. | 要是用英语上就好了 |
[00:19] | What are you trying to accomplish? | 您想怎么样呢 |
[00:20] | She wants us to only speak in Spanish. | 她让我们只说西班牙语 |
[00:24] | T– Today I ham ha-wearing sandals. | 今 今天我穿了凉鞋 |
[00:30] | Roberta. | 罗伯塔 |
[00:32] | That’s my name in here! | 那是我在这儿的名字 |
[00:34] | Roberta! Spanish only! | 罗伯塔 只能说西语 |
[00:40] | Why do you get to stay Maya and I have to be Roberta? | 为什么你还叫玛雅 我就得叫罗伯塔 |
[00:43] | Because Maya’s an actual Spanish name. | 因为玛雅就是西班牙语名 |
[00:45] | Well, then, what’s Riley? | 那莱丽呢 |
[00:46] | A trick to make us all think you’re cute. | 这是一个想让我们都觉得你可爱的诡计 |
[00:48] | I’m Riley. | 我就是莱丽 |
[00:50] | You did it. I wanna squoosh your face. | 你做到了 我想揍扁你的脸 |
[01:01] | Ooh! Wait! Wait, what’s that in English? | 等等 用英语解释一下那玩意儿 |
[01:05] | An “A” is an “A” wherever you go. | 在任何地方都代表优秀的A |
[01:06] | Yay! | 太棒了 |
[01:08] | -Spanish! -Goal! | -西语 -好球 |
[01:15] | A “D”? | 是个D |
[01:17] | Spanish! | 西语 |
[01:18] | Ay-ay-ay. | 哎呀呀 |
[01:27] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[01:31] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[01:35] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[01:39] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[01:43] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[01:48] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[01:52] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[01:56] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[01:59] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[02:04] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:08] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[02:11] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[02:17] | What? You’re not sittin’ with us anymore? | 怎么 你不和我们坐一起了吗 |
[02:19] | I don’t deserve to sit with you guys. I am disgraced. | 我不配和你们坐在一起 我太丢脸了 |
[02:22] | “D” for disgraced. | D代表丢脸 |
[02:24] | Riley, it’s only one grade. | 莱丽 只是一次成绩而已 |
[02:26] | Yeah, you know how many “D’s” I got in middle school? | 就是 你们知道我在初中得过多少个D吗 |
[02:28] | Once, I got five “D’s” in one day. | 有一次 光一天我就得了五个 |
[02:29] | You were Cinco D Maya. | 那是你的玛雅五D日 |
[02:32] | I don’t get it. | 我就是不明白 |
[02:35] | Actually, those “D’s” don’t matter anymore, Maya. | 其实那些D不能代表什么 玛雅 |
[02:37] | None of our old grades do. | 所有以前的成绩都不代表什么 |
[02:39] | We all start as equals here, | 我们重新站在同一条起跑线上 |
[02:40] | because only our high school grades count on our permanent record. | 因为只有高中成绩才会算进我们的永久档案里 |
[02:42] | What? What’s that? | 什么 你说什么 |
[02:44] | It’s our high school transcript. | 我们的高中总成绩单 |
[02:46] | It’s what colleges use | 大学根据这个 |
[02:47] | when they decide whether to accept you or not. | 决定录不录取你 |
[02:48] | And so far for you, not. | 目前而言 你不会被录取了 |
[02:50] | Hm… Smackle, remember how you asked us to let you know | 史麦科 还记得你让我们 |
[02:53] | when your refreshing honesty crosses over into– | 在你过于诚实的时候提醒你吗 |
[02:55] | Get to it, Bubbles! | 有话直说 泡泡 |
[02:56] | Now! | 现在就是 |
[02:58] | Wait, so they don’t care about middle school? | 等等 所以他们不关心初中成绩 |
[03:00] | They only look at your high school grades. | 他们只看你的高中成绩 |
[03:02] | Then why’d you make me go all this time? | 那你为什么一直那么逼我 |
[03:06] | Wait. So nobody cares about all the good grades I got | 等一下 所以没人在乎我小时候 |
[03:09] | when I was a kid? | 取得过的那些好成绩吗 |
[03:10] | They only care that you didn’t eat paste. | 他们只在乎你没吃过浆糊 |
[03:12] | Oh. How long does that stay in ya? | 浆糊能在体内呆多久 |
[03:16] | Boy, all those years I went to middle school | 我在初中的那些年 |
[03:18] | I could’ve been scratchin’ lottery tickets and chuggin’ sody pop. | 应该都去买彩票 喝汽水 |
[03:20] | Well, Maya, you finally hit the jackpot. | 玛雅 你终于走运了 |
[03:23] | I mean, right now, you can go to any college you want. | 现在 你想上任何一所大学都可以 |
[03:24] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[03:26] | You’re her cute friend. | 你是她可爱的朋友 |
[03:28] | Please don’t give up on me, college. | 拜托不要放弃我 大学 |
[03:31] | Colleges don’t only care about grades, you know. | 大学不是只考虑课业成绩 |
[03:33] | They care about extracurriculars. | 他们也关心你的课外表现 |
[03:34] | And that’s why Zay and I are trying out for baseball. | 这也是我和小赛参加棒球试训的原因 |
[03:36] | Since the football team | 自从橄榄球队 |
[03:37] | made their feelings about us quite clear. | 明确表明他们的态度以后 |
[03:39] | It wasn’t that bad. | 也没那么糟啦 |
[03:40] | It was! | 就有那么糟 |
[03:42] | They hit us so hard. | 他们深深地伤害了我 |
[03:44] | It’s all right, baseball’s our sport anyway. | 没关系啦 反正我们要打棒球了 |
[03:46] | Yeah. Lucas was our star in middle school. | 是啊 卢卡斯曾是我们初中的明星 |
[03:48] | What were you? | 那你呢 |
[03:49] | I was his cute friend. | 我是他可爱的朋友 |
[03:53] | I never got a “D” before. | 我以前从没得过D |
[03:56] | I used to be the biggest star in middle school. | 我在初中时是大明星 |
[03:58] | You’re still a star, dearest one. | 你现在仍然是明星 亲爱的 |
[04:00] | Yeah, but I used to be the North Star. | 我以前是北极星 |
[04:01] | I used to be the brightest star in the sky. | 我曾是天空中最亮的那颗星 |
[04:03] | What do you do when you realize you’re not the smartest kid in school anymore? | 当你意识到自己不是学校里最聪明的孩子时你会怎么做 |
[04:05] | I don’t know. Maya, what do you do when you realize | 我不知道 玛雅 当你意识到自己最好的时光 |
[04:08] | your best days might have been in middle school? | 是在初中时 你会怎么做 |
[04:09] | I don’t know. Why don’t we ask my big, fat, honkin’ “A”? | 我不知道 我们为什么不问问我那个又大又闪的A呢 |
[04:14] | What do you do, “A”? | 你会怎么做呢 A |
[04:16] | Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Uh-huh. | 嗯 嗯 嗯 |
[04:19] | -What’d it say? What’d it say? -I know, right? | -它怎么说 说什么了 -我就知道 |
[04:21] | Shhh. | 嘘 |
[04:22] | Maya and “A” don’t get to spend a lot of time together. | 以前玛雅和A没有太多在一起的机会 |
[04:24] | Let’s let them have their moment. | 就让他们独处一会儿吧 |
[04:26] | Oh, I don’t know. Anywhere in the world as long as it’s with you. | 我不知道呢 只要和你在一起 在哪里都行 |
[04:32] | Yeah, she’s great. She doesn’t get good grades, though. | 是啊 她很棒 但是她没取得好成绩 |
[04:46] | No, you hang up. | 你先挂 |
[04:51] | No, you hang up. | 你先挂嘛 |
[04:53] | You’re still there. | 你还没挂 |
[04:55] | Oh, “A”. | 诶哟 A |
[05:02] | Hey, you gonna do that thing where you say “How was school?” | 你应该问 今天在学校怎么样啊 |
[05:05] | ’cause you do it every day, | 因为你们每天都会问 |
[05:06] | and you haven’t done it yet today, why is that? | 但是今天你到现在都没问 为什么 |
[05:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:09] | Today, we learned the cursive letter “D”. | 今天 我们学了草书体字母D |
[05:11] | There’s one, now. | 就是那个 |
[05:15] | What’sa matter, Riley? | 你怎么了 莱丽 |
[05:16] | You’re doing that thing I did every day after school. | 你现在干的是我每天放学之后都会干的事 |
[05:18] | Except I also used to add a little– | 除了我还会加一点 |
[05:19] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 就是这个 |
[05:21] | I must’ve been at this table a thousand times, | 我在这张桌旁坐过上千次了 |
[05:23] | and a thousand times you ask, “How was school?” | 每次你都会问我 今天在学校怎么样啊 |
[05:25] | but you haven’t done it yet today, why is that? Why? | 但是你今天没问 这是为什么 为什么 |
[05:27] | How was school? | 今天在学校怎么样啊 |
[05:29] | Welcome, to the first ever in her life | 欢迎来到玛雅人生中第一个 |
[05:31] | Maya refrigerator ceremony! | 贴上冰箱的光荣时刻 |
[05:34] | Maya! | 玛雅 |
[05:35] | How you do that, Maya? | 你是怎么做到的 玛雅 |
[05:38] | I did it myself with my own widdle head. | 全是用我自己的小脑袋想的 |
[05:39] | No cheatie? | 没作弊吗 |
[05:40] | All brainie. | 都是我自己做的 |
[05:41] | Yayyy! | 好棒 |
[05:43] | That’s an “A”! | 是个A |
[05:44] | Lemme smell that! | 让我闻一下 |
[05:46] | That’s real, baby! | 是真的 宝贝 |
[05:52] | I would never want this to change how you feel about your real children. | 我不希望这事儿改变你对你亲生孩子的看法 |
[05:55] | Oh… how could it? | 怎么会呢 |
[06:00] | That’s not gonna hurt how I grow up at all. | 根本不会伤害到我的成长 |
[06:03] | Wait a minute. I smell somethin’ else, too. And it ain’t good. | 等一下 我还闻到了别的 不太好的东西 |
[06:07] | What smells, super spy? | 是什么味 超级侦探 |
[06:13] | Riley… it’s only one grade. | 莱丽 只是一次成绩而已 |
[06:18] | You know what Farkle said? | 知道法尔科怎么说的吗 |
[06:19] | Farkle said that we get one bad grade in high school | 法尔科说在高中只要有一次成绩不好 |
[06:22] | it’d affect me getting into a good college, but that’s nutty, right? | 就会影响我上大学 这就是胡扯 对吧 |
[06:25] | Somebody tell me that that’s nutty. | 快跟我说这是胡扯 |
[06:27] | Cory, will you please straighten her out? | 科瑞 你来摆平 |
[06:29] | I’m braiding my new daughter’s hair. | 我在给我的新女儿编辫子 |
[06:31] | I’m sorry, Riley, but it’s true. | 很抱歉 莱丽 这是真的 |
[06:33] | Everything that you do in high school affects what college you get into. | 你在高中做的每件事都事关你能上哪所大学 |
[06:36] | Can I get into college with this? | 有这个我能上大学吗 |
[06:38] | Of course! | 当然 |
[06:40] | -Columbia? -No! | -哥伦比亚大学 -那不行 |
[06:41] | -Rutgers? -No! | -罗格斯大学 -不行 |
[06:42] | -Which college? -Ed’s Learnin’ Hole. | -哪所大学 -艾德的学习之洞 |
[06:45] | -Really? -No! | -真的吗 -不是 |
[06:48] | I am donezo. | 我完了 |
[06:49] | No, Riley, you’re not donezo. That’s just one grade on one test. | 不 莱丽 你没完 只是一次考试的一次成绩而已 |
[06:54] | And you can bring it up, but if you don’t, | 你还可以提高 但是如果你提高不了 |
[06:55] | you should know that | 那你就要知道 |
[06:56] | a bad final grade on your transcript could alter your future. | 成绩单上的一个糟糕的成绩可能影响你的未来 |
[06:58] | Then what are we going to do? | 那我们该怎么办 |
[07:00] | Riley, you’ve always been a good student. | 莱丽 你一直是个好学生 |
[07:01] | You go to school, I’ll talk to your teacher. | 你去上课 我去和你的老师谈谈 |
[07:04] | Cory, do you really think you’re the best person to– | 科瑞 你真的认为你是最佳人选吗 |
[07:06] | Yes! I am the best person there is! | 没错 我是最佳人选 |
[07:09] | Topanga, I’m a teacher, she’s a teacher, we’re simpatico! | 托庞嘉 我是老师 她也是老师 我们有共同语言 |
[07:13] | That means “like each other.” | 意思是彼此喜欢 |
[07:15] | You’ve changed. | 你变了 |
[07:16] | Riles, I live in a Spanish-speaking community, | 小莱 我生活在说西语的社区 |
[07:19] | I’ve heard it out my window all these years, | 这些话我都听了好几年了 |
[07:20] | so I’ve picked some up. | 所以就记住了一些 |
[07:21] | Honey, you just need to study more. | 亲爱的 你只是需要多多学习 |
[07:23] | You’re gonna pick your grade up. | 你的成绩会提上来的 |
[07:24] | And then I’ll be your daughter again. | 那时我还能做你们的女儿 |
[07:26] | Let’s just see how it goes. | 到时候看情况吧 |
[07:36] | Hi, there! | 嗨 你好 |
[07:38] | Spanish only. | 只能讲西班牙语 |
[07:39] | Hola there! | 噢啦 你好 |
[07:40] | I’m kidding, that’s just for the students, Señor Matthews. | 开个玩笑 只对学生那样要求 马修斯老师 |
[07:43] | Good, because after hi, how are you and what time is it, | 太好了 因为除了嗨 你好 现在几点了之外 |
[07:46] | I was gonna have to vamanos. | 我就只会说“咱走吧” |
[07:47] | Actually, that means that we’re both leaving. | 其实那个词的意思是我们一起离开 |
[07:51] | But what can I do for you? | 不过你找我有什么事吗 |
[07:53] | So I’m actually here because I wanted to talk to you about– | 我来找你其实是想和你谈谈有关 |
[07:55] | Your daughter. | 你女儿的事 |
[07:56] | I hope you’re not here trying to get me to change her grade. | 我希望你不是来让我改她的分数吧 |
[07:59] | I’m here because, although I’m a new teacher at this school, | 是因为 虽然在这所学校我还是个新老师 |
[08:02] | I know a good student when I see one. | 但我知道怎样分辨好学生 |
[08:04] | You know what I’ve always found interesting | 知道吗 我一直认为给新生教课的 |
[08:06] | about teaching the freshman class is that, | 有趣之处就在于 |
[08:08] | you also have to prepare them for their next three years. | 你同时要让他们为接下来的三年做准备 |
[08:11] | Well, how are you preparing her by giving her a “D” on her first test? | 第一场考试你就给了她D 这让她怎么做准备 |
[08:14] | I mean, to me that’s only preparing her to believe | 对我来说 这只能让她准备相信 |
[08:16] | she’s a “D” student in your class. | 在你的班级里她只是个差生 |
[08:18] | -She is. -I’m sorry? | -她的确是 -你说啥 |
[08:19] | On her first test she earned a “D”. | 她第一场考试得了个D |
[08:22] | I need you to say somethin’ else. | 你能不能说点别的 |
[08:24] | Okay, here’s something else. | 好吧 那就说点别的 |
[08:26] | The next three years only gets harder, | 接下来三年会越来越难 |
[08:29] | and what comes after that is ridiculous. | 随之而来的后果就更荒唐了 |
[08:31] | Right. So why not build their self-confidence? | 对 那为什么不能树立她的自信心呢 |
[08:33] | Because if we’re good teachers, | 因为好老师 |
[08:34] | we can get them to do that themselves. | 会让他们自己去做这件事 |
[08:36] | Well, yeah… I… I have the tremendous disadvantage of loving her. | 好吧 我太爱她了 这种事反而很难办 |
[08:46] | I love ’em all. | 我爱所有的学生 |
[08:49] | Welcome to high school, Mr. Matthews. | 欢迎来到高中 马修斯老师 |
[08:52] | I need you to understand that I know what I’m doing. | 你要明白 我知道自己在干什么 |
[08:54] | Would you do me a favor and please just consider | 能不能帮我个忙 好好想想 |
[08:56] | -that the test– -Was too hard. | – 这场考试 – 太难了 |
[08:58] | Yeah, I hear it every year. | 没错 我每年都会听到这种话 |
[09:00] | Would you do me a favor and consider that I know what I’m doing? | 能不能也帮我个忙 想想我其实知道自己在干什么 |
[09:05] | Yeah, I’ll consider it. | 好吧 我会想的 |
[09:09] | Not here. | 回去想吧 |
[09:11] | Okay, so long as you consider that they’ve been | 行 只要你也能考虑一下 到目前为止 |
[09:13] | very good students up till now. | 他们一直都是些非常好的学生 |
[09:15] | And it’s up to us to keep that going, isn’t it? | 能不能帮他们保持优秀就看我们的了 不是吗 |
[09:18] | -It’s harder here. -In any language. | -在你这儿更难了 -换种语言也一样 |
[09:29] | It was that bad? | 有那么糟吗 |
[09:30] | Riley… | 莱丽 |
[09:34] | Do you see all these students? | 你看到这些学生了吗 |
[09:36] | Yeah. | 看到了 |
[09:38] | Do you know any of ’em? | 你认识他们谁吗 |
[09:41] | Not yet. | 还不认识 |
[09:42] | Your Spanish teacher doesn’t know you either, yet. | 你的西班牙语老师同样不认识你 |
[09:46] | We’re new here, Riley. | 我们在这儿是新人 莱丽 |
[09:48] | We need to show ’em who we are. | 我们要向他们展示自我 |
[10:01] | -Trabajar. -To work. | -Trabajar -工作 |
[10:03] | Muy bien. Now conjugate! | 答对了 现在念词形变化 |
[10:05] | Trabajo trabajas trabaja Trabajo, trabajas, trabaja– | |
[10:07] | Excellente, mija! | 念得好 宝贝 |
[10:09] | -Chewbacca, Chewbakaka… -What is wrong with you? | -楚巴卡 楚巴卡卡 -你没事儿吧 |
[10:13] | Please remember me when you get to college. | 你上大学后可别忘了我 |
[10:15] | -I’m you! -You’re me? | -我和你一样了 -和我一样 |
[10:16] | Yeah! All of a sudden I’m a loser! | 是啊 我突然就成了个失败者 |
[10:20] | -I’m you! -You’re me? | – 我和你一样了 – 和我一样 |
[10:22] | Yeah! All of sudden I’m a phenom! | 是啊 我突然就成牛人了 |
[10:30] | Okay… when did you guys come up with that? | 好吧 你们什么时候想出这套动作的 |
[10:33] | Oh, it’s just something people on this side of the room know about. | 哦 这是只有站我们这边才知道的动作 |
[10:36] | Okay… well, we actually know about it, too. | 得了 其实我们也知道 |
[10:45] | Okay… okay, okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[10:48] | We had our first baseball tryout today. All my life, | 我们今天进行了第一次棒球选拔试训 |
[10:51] | baseball has always come easy to me. | 活到现在 棒球对我来说一直是小意思 |
[10:52] | Not today. | 今天不是了 |
[10:53] | It’s gone. I mean, I get up to bat | 完了 我是说 我站起来击球 |
[10:55] | and I can’t even see the ball. | 可连球都看不到 |
[10:57] | Meanwhile, back on this side of the room… | 与此同时 在另一边的我 |
[10:59] | He can’t miss. He’s hitting everything, he’s great in the field, | 他每击必中 从未落空 他棒球打得好 |
[11:02] | he’s an all-star. | 简直是全明星 |
[11:03] | Wait, Lucas, tell ’em what the coach said about me, tell ’em. | 等一下 卢卡斯 告诉他们教练怎么说我的 |
[11:05] | He said, “Good day, kid.” | 他说”打得不错呀” |
[11:07] | Now tell ’em what he said about you. | 再告诉她们他是怎么对你说的 |
[11:08] | He said, “Good day, kid.” | 他说”拜拜了您呐” |
[11:10] | Riley, we’re losers. | 莱丽 我们是失败者 |
[11:13] | Do you know what’s on our permanent record? | 你知道我们的永久档案里会有什么了吧 |
[11:15] | Glitter and smiley faces if we try try again? | 我们多多努力就会有闪闪发光的笑脸吗 |
[11:18] | Losers! | 失败者 |
[11:21] | What’s the matter, darling? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[11:22] | There’s another genius in my Honors Chem class! | 我们化学重点班里有另一个天才 |
[11:24] | The other genius is making me feel bad! | 那个天才让我觉得不爽 |
[11:26] | Then you’re on this side of the room, loser. | 你是我们这边的了 失败者 |
[11:30] | You know what the worst thing of life is? | 知道人生中最糟糕的事情是什么吗 |
[11:32] | The worst thing of life is when someone you know is better than you | 最糟糕的事情就是某个你认识的人 |
[11:34] | -in every way– -Rubs it in your face? | -各方面都比你强 -让你下不来台 |
[11:35] | -No. -Can’t hit a baseball to save his life? | -不 -击不中那个至关重要的球 |
[11:38] | -Me time! -I was talking about you. | -我在说我的事 -我就是在说你 |
[11:40] | The worst thing of life is when someone you know is better than you | 最糟糕的是 某个你认识而且在各方面都比你强的人 |
[11:43] | in every way loves you anyway. | 还很喜欢你 |
[11:44] | Honeybuckets! | 小蜜罐 |
[11:45] | Smackle’s the genius in your chemistry class? | 史麦科就是化学课上的天才啊 |
[11:48] | Smackle’s the genius everywhere. | 史麦科在哪儿都是天才 |
[11:50] | Well, you’re with us now. | 你和我们一边了 |
[11:52] | Don’t hit on me in front of Lucas. | 别在卢卡斯面前拉拢我 |
[11:53] | Smackle… | 史麦科 |
[11:55] | Don’t hit on me in front of Farkle. | 也别在法尔科面前拉拢我 |
[11:56] | -Smackle… -You, me, Lucas and Zay. | -史麦科 -你 我 卢卡斯和小赛 |
[11:58] | We’re better than a triangle, we’re a quadrilateral! | 我们胜过铁三角 我们是正四边形 |
[12:01] | What’s that? | 那是啥 |
[12:03] | It means square. Over here we say square. | 就是正方形 我们这儿都说正方形 |
[12:07] | Oh, beloved… you know how smart you are, don’t feel threatened. | 亲爱的 你知道自己有多聪明 不用有受威胁感 |
[12:11] | I don’t feel threatened, my former arch nemesis and current arch lovesis. | 我没有感到受威胁 从前的对手 现在的挚友 |
[12:14] | I just feel confused. I’ve never been on this side of the room before. | 只是很困惑 以前我从没到过败者这一边 |
[12:17] | Yeah, I’m not thrilled about it, either. | 是啊 我也没觉得激动 |
[12:20] | How do you feel? | 你怎么想 |
[12:21] | Well, I am happy for you guys. | 我为你们感到高兴 |
[12:24] | Of course you are. You’re Riley. | 你当然会 你是莱丽啊 |
[12:27] | You’ve always been Riley. | 你一直都是那个莱丽 |
[12:35] | Riley, have you been up all night? | 莱丽 你整夜都没睡吗 |
[12:38] | It’s morning? | 已经早上了吗 |
[12:39] | Yes, honey, did you learn anything? | 是啊 甜心 你学到什么了吗 |
[12:41] | Well, I did learn how to conjugate the Spanish verb “Chewbacca.” | 对 我的确学会了怎么把西语词”楚巴卡”进行动词变形 |
[12:45] | How? | 怎么变 |
[12:51] | Very good, honey. | 不错 甜心 |
[12:53] | Wait, where are you going? | 等等 你要去哪儿 |
[12:55] | Oh, I think you know where I’m going. | 我以为你知道我要去哪儿 |
[12:57] | Get her, Mommy! | 搞定她 妈妈 |
[13:05] | -Hi. -Spanish only. | -嗨 -只能说西班牙语 |
[13:08] | Not doin’ it. | 就不说 |
[13:09] | You’re Señora Matthews. | 你是马修斯太太 |
[13:11] | -I am. -You’re here to tell me Riley’s a good student. | -是的 -你是来告诉我莱丽是个好学生的 |
[13:13] | I think you know that. | 我觉得你清楚这一点 |
[13:14] | You’re here to tell me the test was too hard. | 你是来告诉我考试太难的 |
[13:16] | I think you know that, too. | 我觉得你也清楚这一点 |
[13:17] | So, why are you here? | 那你为什么来 |
[13:20] | I’m here to thank you. | 我来谢谢你 |
[13:21] | -For what? -We love our children. | -谢什么 -我们都爱自己的孩子 |
[13:24] | We want them at their best. | 我们希望他们做到最好 |
[13:26] | But sometimes we need help pushing them there. | 但有时我们需要帮着推他们一把 |
[13:28] | We don’t want to push too hard. | 我们也不想推得太狠 |
[13:31] | -You a good teacher? -I am. | -你是个好老师吗 -我是 |
[13:33] | -You have children? -I do. | -你有孩子吗 -有 |
[13:35] | And when they’re in high school and in your husband’s class, | 等他们上了高中 到了你丈夫的班里 |
[13:38] | and he pushes them to be at their best, | 如果他要推动他们做到最好 |
[13:40] | I’ll come in and tell him to back off a little. | 我也会过去让他稍微克制一点 |
[13:43] | But he won’t. | 但是他不会那么做 |
[13:45] | Because I can tell he’s a good teacher, too. | 因为我能看出他也是个好老师 |
[13:47] | Yeah. He is. | 没错 他是 |
[13:49] | They’ll be in good hands. | 他们会受到良好的关照 |
[13:51] | Just like my little girl. | 就像我的小女儿一样 |
[14:07] | I saw her. She was in early because she’s a good teacher. | 我见她了 她到得很早 因为她是个好老师 |
[14:09] | Morning! | 早上好 |
[14:13] | Did you fix it, Mommy? | 你把这事解决了吗 妈妈 |
[14:15] | I tried. And so did your father. | 我尽力了 你爸也是 |
[14:17] | But as much as we’d like it to, | 但不管我们多想改变这个结果 |
[14:18] | this isn’t something that can come from us. | 这不是我们能解决的事情 |
[14:20] | So, that’s it, I really am donezo? | 所以结果就这样了 我真的要完了 |
[14:22] | No, Riley, we would never let anybody– | 不 莱丽 我们永远不会让任何人 |
[14:24] | Cory? | 科瑞 |
[14:25] | She wants to talk to me! | 她想跟我谈谈 |
[14:26] | I’m gonna get killed! | 我要被搞死了 |
[14:29] | Yes? | 你说 |
[14:31] | You know how sometimes you think like her father, | 你知道你有时候站在她父亲的角度思考问题 |
[14:33] | and sometimes you think like her teacher? | 有时候站在她的老师的角度思考 |
[14:34] | Yes, and right now I’m thinking like her father. | 没错 我现在就是站在一个父亲的角度 |
[14:36] | I feel bad for her, because I know she’s a good student, | 我为她感到难过 因为我知道她是个好学生 |
[14:38] | and I know she wants to do well. | 我也知道她想把一切做好 |
[14:40] | Now think like her teacher. | 现在站在老师的角度 |
[14:41] | She’s a good student. | 她是一个好学生 |
[14:43] | Everybody knows that. The Spanish teacher knows it, too. | 所有人都知道这一点 西语老师也知道 |
[14:50] | She needs to step up her game. | 她该加强她的能力了 |
[14:51] | -They all do. -Mm-hmm. | -他们都需要 -嗯哼 |
[14:53] | Good isn’t good enough anymore. | 好已经不够好了 |
[14:54] | That’s a good thing. | 这是件好事 |
[14:55] | -Good. -Too many goods. | -很好 -说太多好了 |
[15:02] | Riley. | 莱丽 |
[15:03] | Yeah, Dad? | 怎么了 爸爸 |
[15:05] | We’ve always taught you that life presents challenges. | 我们一直在告诉你 生活充满了挑战 |
[15:08] | That’s what life is. | 生活就是这样 |
[15:09] | You got a “D” on your Spanish exam. | 你在西语考试里得了D |
[15:12] | What are you gonna do about it? | 你打算怎么做呢 |
[15:15] | You’re putting this on me? | 你把这个问题扔给我了 |
[15:17] | Yeah. I am. I gotta go to school. | 是啊 我得去学校了 |
[15:21] | But, before I leave to be your teacher… | 但是 在我成为你的老师之前我想说 |
[15:25] | go get ’em! | 加油 你能搞定的 |
[15:28] | Auggie, how’s second grade? | 奥吉 二年级生活过得怎么样 |
[15:30] | Second grade’s ridiculous! | 二年级简直是荒唐 |
[15:33] | They took the whole nap thing away, they switched from cookies to carrots, | 他们把小睡取消了 他们把饼干换成了胡萝卜 |
[15:37] | learn science, learn math. Where’s my cake, ya monsters? | 学科学 学数学 我的蛋糕呢 你们这些怪物 |
[15:42] | Honey… you just have to try harder | 亲爱的 你必须再努力些 |
[15:45] | so that you’re ready for third grade. | 才能为三年级做好准备啊 |
[15:48] | This is all for her benefit, isn’t it? | 你这些话都是为了她说的 对吧 |
[15:52] | Yeah! See how smart you’re getting already! | 没错 你看看你现在变得多聪明了 |
[15:58] | You hear that, Riles? | 你听见了吗 小莱 |
[15:59] | -What? -Listen, listen… | -听什么 -快听 |
[16:02] | Uh-huh? Yeah, yeah, I’ll tell her. Uh-huh. | 啊哈 好的好的 我会告诉她的 没问题 |
[16:06] | Wait! What’d it say? | 等等 它说了什么 |
[16:08] | It just said, it wants me to tell you that it misses you. | 它说 它想让我告诉你它很想你 |
[16:23] | -It does! -Mm-hmm. | -真的诶 -嗯哼 |
[16:32] | Señora Feinstein-Chang? | 费恩斯坦-张老师 |
[16:34] | -Riley? -Oh, you know my name name. | -莱丽 -你知道我的英文名 |
[16:37] | I’m gonna tell you something in English now. | 我现在想用英语跟你说些事情 |
[16:39] | -Why? -Because it’s really important that you understand this. | -为什么 -因为让你明白这些真的很重要 |
[16:43] | You’re about to ask me if you can have a make-up test, | 你打算问我可不可以补考 |
[16:46] | or an extra credit assignment to raise your grade on the test | 或者要些额外的作业来提高你的考试成绩 |
[16:49] | because you’ve never gotten a “D” before, | 因为你以前从没得过D |
[16:50] | and it’ll never ever happen again, | 而且以后也永远不想得D |
[16:51] | because this is high school now, and everything matters. | 因为现在你上高中了 所有事情都很重要 |
[16:54] | Now you’re speaking my language. | 你终于懂我的意思了 |
[16:56] | Good! And now that we’ve communicated clearly, | 很好 既然我们能沟通明白了 |
[16:59] | I want to tell you that there will be no make-up test | 我想跟你说的是 没有补考 |
[17:00] | or extra credit assignments. | 也没有额外的作业 |
[17:02] | So, the “D” is actually on my permanent record, | 所以 那个D真的会永久记录在我的档案里 |
[17:05] | and there is nothing I can do about it? | 而且我什么都做不了 |
[17:07] | The “D” is one grade on a weekly test. | D是每周测试的一个成绩而已 |
[17:09] | And that test tells me what you know this week. | 考试反映了你这周都学会了什么 |
[17:12] | You know what test is more important to me? | 你知道什么考试我更看重吗 |
[17:14] | The test next week. | 下周的考试 |
[17:15] | That’s always the most important test. | 那永远都是最重要的考试 |
[17:17] | Because that’s the one that helps me determine your final grade. | 因为那个考试可以帮我决定你期末的分数 |
[17:21] | Because that tells me which direction you want to go. | 因为那也让我知道你想朝哪个方向迈进 |
[17:24] | You want to know how to find out which direction you want to go? | 你想知道我是怎么了解你的方向的吗 |
[17:27] | How? | 怎么做到的 |
[17:29] | Check your permanent record. | 看看你的永久档案就知道了 |
[17:31] | You’ve always had one, you know. | 你的档案一直都在 懂吗 |
[17:58] | What are you gonna do about Smackle? | 关于史麦科的事 你打算怎么办 |
[18:02] | I got a real problem here. | 我现在真的碰上大麻烦了 |
[18:06] | I could raise my level. | 我可以提高我的水平 |
[18:07] | But I know if I do, it’ll only make her raise her level, too. | 但我知道如果我这样做 只会刺激她也提高她的水平 |
[18:10] | But, then you’d both be better off for it? | 但是那样的话你们两个都会变得更好啊 |
[18:13] | Yeah… what good is life unless it throws a Smackle in your face? | 是啊 如果生活中没有史麦科的打击该有多好 |
[18:19] | Farkle… I don’t think our permanent record begins in high school. | 法尔科 我觉得我们的永久档案并不是只从高中开始记录 |
[18:24] | It has to matter what grades we got in middle school. | 我们在初中的成绩一定也很重要 |
[18:26] | It has to matter that who we were affects who we are. | 过去的我们对现在的我们也有很重要的影响 |
[18:30] | You chose Smackle because you want to raise your level. | 你选择了史麦科是因为你想提高你的水平 |
[18:34] | That’s who you are. | 这就是你啊 |
[18:35] | What are you gonna do about Spanish class? | 西语课你打算怎么办 |
[18:42] | I’m going to have to raise my level, too. | 我也打算提高我的水平 |
[18:44] | I was always a pretty good student. | 我过去一直是个很好的学生 |
[18:48] | You were always the smartest student in the class. | 你一直是班级里最聪明的学生 |
[18:53] | That’s not good enough. | 这些都还不够好 |
[18:55] | I knew you’d say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[18:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:58] | Because you’ve always been Riley. | 因为你一直是莱丽啊 |
[19:00] | That’s your permanent record. | 这就是你的永久档案 |
[19:19] | Buenas noches, Spanish book. | 晚上好啊 西班牙语书 |
[19:23] | Me llamo Roberta. | 我叫罗伯塔 |
[20:02] | Sit down. | 你坐下 |
[20:06] | Very good, Riley. I expected nothing less. | 很好 莱丽 这正是我希望看到的 |
[20:20] | You guys are early for class. | 你们来早了 还没上课呢 |
[20:21] | I want an “A” from you, too, Matthews, I’m collecting a whole set. | 我也想得到你的A 马修斯 我要收集全科A |
[20:24] | Good for you, Maya. | 做得好 玛雅 |
[20:26] | Eh, quit your blubberin’, this’ll go away. | 你可别感动哭 不会很久的 |
[20:29] | I had such a good day at tryouts, | 我这一天选拔很顺利 |
[20:31] | I thought the coach was gonna put me on varsity. | 我还以为教练会把我安排到校首发队 |
[20:33] | I didn’t even deserve to make junior varsity the way I practiced. | 照我的表现 我都不值得被放到二队 |
[20:36] | But he put us both on the J.V. team. | 但他把我们俩都安排到二队了 |
[20:38] | You know what I’ve known all along, | 有件事情我虽然刚知道 |
[20:39] | even though I learned it just now? | 但其实我一直都明白 |
[20:42] | Good teachers look down the road to someone’s possibilities. | 好老师会细心挖掘人的潜力 |
[20:46] | What you know now is never good enough | 对一个好老师来说 |
[20:49] | for a good teacher. | 你知道的永远不够多 |
[20:51] | Because there’s so much out there to learn. | 因为还有很多东西等着我们去学习 |
[20:54] | And sometimes you won’t get it at all. | 有时候你可能一点都不明白 |
[20:57] | And sometimes it may seem like we’re speaking to you in a foreign language. | 有时候好像我们在用外语跟你们讲话 |
[21:02] | But you know what? | 但是你们知道吗 |
[21:04] | There are good teachers here. | 这里有很多好老师 |
[21:07] | I’m looking forward to being one of them. | 我希望成为他们中的一个 |
[21:10] | You always have been. | 你一直都是好老师 |
[21:12] | You know, I’m glad we get to play together on the same team. | 你知道 我很高兴我们能在一个队里打球 |
[21:15] | Me, too, man. | 我也是 兄弟 |
[21:18] | I am excited we are partaking in this intellectual endeavor together, dearest. | 亲爱的 我很高兴我们能一起参加智力挑战 |
[21:21] | As am I. Even though I must finally admit | 我也是 即使我得承认 |
[21:23] | I am beginning to think you are my intellectual superior. | 我开始觉得你比我更聪明了 |
[21:26] | I used to think so, but now I regard us as equals. | 我以前这样想 但是现在我觉得我们两个是平等的 |
[21:31] | Good. Then you’re not as smart as I thought. | 那太好了 你没有我想象得那么聪明 |
[21:38] | I hate when that happens. | 我最不想看到这样 |
[21:44] | High school? | 今天过得好吗 |
[21:46] | “A minus” on my latest Spanish test. | 我最近一次西语考试得了A- |
[21:48] | Nice work, Roberta! | 不错啊 罗伯塔 |
[21:50] | La papa es un buen barco de vela. | 土豆是个好帆船 |
[21:54] | Okay! | 好吧 |
[21:57] | How’s second grade treatin’ ya? | 你现在觉得二年级怎么样 |
[21:58] | Second grade’s hard. | 二年级生活太艰难了 |
[22:00] | It is, Bubba. But you’ll get the hang of it. | 确实 小子 但你会习惯的 |
[22:02] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是什么样的人 |
[22:04] | Good. Because… | 那太好了 因为 |
[22:06] | Gold star! | 我得了金星 |
[22:09] | Fridge me! | 快贴到冰箱上 |
[22:15] | There’s room next to mine. | 你可以贴到我的旁边 |
[22:18] | Well, pressure’s off. | 好吧 没压力了 |
[22:20] | No, no, no, you’ll be back. | 不不不 你还会重新贴上去的 |
[22:22] | Yeah. Stupid ‘frigerator makes me wanna do a better job. | 是啊 一个破冰箱让我想好好学习了 |
[22:26] | Good. Because I need your help in Spanish. | 太好了 因为我的西语需要你的帮助 |
[22:29] | Good. Because I need your help in everything else. | 太好了 因为我其他所有科目都需要你的帮助 |