时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Look at all of these new people. | 多么可爱的新同学啊 |
[00:11] | -No. -Why “no”? | -没感觉 -怎么会没感觉 |
[00:12] | Because you’re getting all interested in everybody, aren’t you? | 也就只有你会对每个人都感兴趣了 |
[00:14] | -What’s wrong with getting interested in people? -No. | -对别人感兴趣有什么错 -一般人都不会 |
[00:16] | -Why “no”? -Because you’re only supposed to be pretend interested | -为什么 -因为不管我们认识多少人 |
[00:19] | in however many people we already know. | 那副热情的样子都应该是装出来的 |
[00:21] | You’re only pretend interested in people? | 你只是假装对别人热情吗 |
[00:23] | Yeah. Everyone’s more comfortable that way. Watch. | 是啊 这样大家都舒服 看着 |
[00:29] | -Hey, you. -Hey, you! | -好啊 -好啊 |
[00:33] | Now watch this. How are you? | 前方高能 你好吗 |
[00:34] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[00:35] | No, I really mean it. How are you? | 我是真心地在问你 你好吗 |
[00:37] | -Back off. -Yeah, get out of my life. | – 滚 – 别让我再看到你 |
[00:41] | I look out at the sea of new students and would like | 我在人山人海中徘徊 |
[00:43] | to explore the potential of new friendships for us. | 想为我们寻找新的友谊 |
[00:46] | What would you like? | 你想要一个什么样的新朋友 |
[00:47] | I would like everyone to mind their own business. | 我只希望每个人各干各的事儿 |
[00:50] | Don’t you think that somewhere around here | 你难道不觉得这里这么多人当中 |
[00:52] | could be a wonderful new friend for us? | 某个人可能成为我们的好朋友吗 |
[00:53] | I would have to learn names! | 我才懒得去记这些人的名字 |
[00:55] | I’m still learning “Zay.” | 小赛的名字我到现在还没记住呢 |
[00:57] | It’s Zay, right? | 小 赛 我没念错吧 |
[01:00] | We are going to make one new friend. | 从现在开始 我们要交新朋友 |
[01:02] | If we make one new friend every day | 一天一个新朋友 |
[01:04] | for the rest of the year, you know what we’ll have? | 持续一年 到时候我们会有多少朋友啊 |
[01:06] | Lice. We’ll have lice. I guarantee you. | 狐朋狗友数不清 我跟你保证 |
[01:09] | It’s great to have you back, Maya. | 我就知道你会支持我的 |
[01:10] | Thanks. My hair is way too long to make new friends. | 当然 不过我的头发太长了 不适合交新朋友 |
[01:14] | So who’s it gonna be? | 那么选谁好呢 |
[01:16] | Who’s the lucky person who’s going to get blessed | 该把我们独一无二的友情 |
[01:18] | with our special kind of friendship? | 赐给哪个幸运儿呢 |
[01:20] | I wouldn’t force that on anybody. | 我可不想强求 |
[01:21] | Watch me. | 看好了 |
[01:23] | Hi! Good morning! | 早上好啊 |
[01:25] | My name is Riley Matthews | 我叫莱丽·马修斯 |
[01:27] | -and this is my friend Maya Hart. -Sup? | -这是我朋友玛雅·哈特 -你好 |
[01:30] | I wanted to introduce myself to extend the warmest | 我想以最热情的怀抱 |
[01:33] | of invitations to be our new friend. | 邀请你成为我们的新朋友 |
[01:37] | I really like what you’re wearing. | 你得体的衣着 柔顺的长发 |
[01:39] | Great hair, nice eyes, good knees. | 美丽的双眸 甚至你健康的膝盖 都吸引着我 |
[01:44] | Be my friend? | 我们做朋友吧 |
[01:46] | Watch this, Maya. | 看到了吧 玛雅 |
[01:47] | This is how new friendships are born. | 交朋友就是这么简单 |
[01:49] | I don’t like her at all. | 我一点也不喜欢她 |
[01:52] | She– she don’t like me. | 她 她不喜欢我 |
[01:54] | Watch whatever happens next. | 挺住了啊 不管接下来发生什么 |
[02:03] | Hi, Maya. | 嗨 玛雅 |
[02:04] | Who’s this? A new friend of yours? | 这是谁啊 你的朋友吗 |
[02:06] | Well, any new friend of Maya is a great friend of mine. | 幸会幸会 玛雅的朋友就是我的朋友 |
[02:08] | Hi. | 你好 |
[02:10] | Wow. | 奇葩 |
[02:24] | And they lived here for the rest of their lives. | 我们从此就在这里相依为命 |
[02:33] | I’ve been waiting for a day like this to come. | 一直在期待这一天的到来 |
[02:37] | Struck like lightning, my heart’s beating like a drum | 闪电一般 我的心扉怦然打开 |
[02:42] | On the edge of something wonderful | 已然站在奇妙世界的边缘 |
[02:46] | Face to face with changes what’s it all about? | 我该如何面对所有的变换 |
[02:50] | Life is crazy but I know, I can work it out | 生活如此疯狂 我能把握方向 |
[02:54] | ‘Cause I got you to live it with me! | 因为我知道你就陪伴在我身旁 |
[02:58] | I feel alright I’m gonna take on the world! | 我感觉很好 世界就在前方 |
[03:02] | Light up the stars I’ve got some pages to turn. | 人生的旅途让星光照亮 |
[03:06] | I’m singing oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, | 我要高唱 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 |
[03:11] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:14] | Take on the world, take on the world! | 整个世界 看我登场 |
[03:18] | Take on the world! | 看我登场 |
[03:25] | -Knock, knock. -Who’s there? | – 有人吗 -谁啊 |
[03:27] | -Somebody doesn’t like me. -“Somebody doesn’t like me” who? | -有人不喜欢我 -有人不喜欢谁啊 |
[03:29] | What’s the difference? | 有什么意思啊 |
[03:30] | -I don’t have time for games. -You’re being ridiculous. | -我没心情跟你开玩笑 -你真是太可笑了 |
[03:32] | Oh, great. Thank you so much. You fixed me forever. | 哦 行 真是谢谢您 把我的病彻底治好了 |
[03:34] | Don’t overreact to this. | 不要再想了 |
[03:36] | You’ll only make it worse, okay? | 这只会让你更难过 |
[03:37] | We’re out in the world now. You’re gonna have to face little setbacks. | 咱们都不是小孩子了 要敢于面对小挫折 |
[03:40] | -You can’t have everyone like you. -Why not? | -你不可能让全世界都喜欢你 -为什么不行呢 |
[03:42] | Because you can’t control the world | 因为你并不掌控全世界 |
[03:44] | and you can’t control other people in the world. | 也不能掌控世界上的其他人 |
[03:46] | The only thing you can control is your own reaction to what goes on. | 你只能对这个世界上正在发生的事做出反应 |
[03:49] | You’re right, and this is how I choose to react: | 你说得对 这就是我的反应 |
[03:57] | Lay your head down, little nut-job | 安睡吧 小宝宝 |
[04:00] | Wake up when you’re normal | 恢复正常了再醒过来 |
[04:03] | What did I ever do to her, Maya? | 她为什么不喜欢我 玛雅 |
[04:06] | Who knows? Who cares? | 谁知道呢 别在乎了 |
[04:08] | Let it go. | 别想了 |
[04:12] | Oh, yay. | 太好了 |
[04:15] | Maya, I had the worst dream! | 玛雅 我做了个噩梦 |
[04:17] | -You were in my dream! -Don’t dream about me. | -我梦见你了 -放过我吧 |
[04:19] | I don’t like you. | 我不喜欢你 |
[04:20] | No, no, no, no, no. | 别怕 别怕 别怕 |
[04:25] | How’s it goin’? | 怎么了 |
[04:26] | Someone doesn’t like Riley, | 莱丽被人嫌弃了 |
[04:28] | my legs are asleep, we have Health class. | 我的脚麻了 我们该去上健康课了 |
[04:30] | Okay. Come on. | 得了 起来吧 |
[04:31] | No. | 不嘛 |
[05:10] | Maybe you’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[05:12] | Maybe I can’t control who likes me or not, | 我也许是没法要求别人都喜欢我 |
[05:14] | but there’s more to life, like Health class. | 但生活不止眼前的苟且 还有健康教育课啊 |
[05:16] | I am so excited for today’s Health class. | 我很期待今天的健康教育课 |
[05:22] | “Our bodies, our friends.” Yikes. | “我们的身体 我们的朋友” 妈呀 |
[05:24] | Oh, I’m sure that the teacher’s sensitive take on life | 我相信老师对生命的细腻感触 |
[05:27] | will be a lovely way to learn how our bodies work. | 一定有助于我们学习人的身体机能 |
[05:34] | What’s that? | 老师长这样 |
[05:35] | All right, all you creepy little child-adults, | 安静下来 你们这些鬼机灵的小大人儿们 |
[05:37] | settle down. Let’s get this over with, huh? | 都坐好了 咱们赶紧上课 好吗 |
[05:41] | Ugh. Put your hand down, Sunshine. | 没什么好问的 小美女 |
[05:44] | You’ll all pass no matter what. | 你们不会在我这儿挂科的 |
[05:45] | You know why? | 知道为啥吗 |
[05:46] | ‘Cause if I fail ya, I gotta meet your parents. | 因为你们要是挂了科 我就得见你们家长了 |
[05:49] | I don’t want to meet your parents. | 我才懒得见你们的家长 |
[05:52] | I don’t want to meet you. | 给你们上课我都嫌累 |
[05:54] | All right. | 废话少说 |
[05:56] | Let’s talk about your bodies. | 咱们来讲讲你们的身体 |
[05:59] | Yeah, I don’t blame him. | 我不怪他 |
[06:02] | Are you sure that you’re the right person to teach us this? | 你不太像一个合适的健康教育老师啊 |
[06:05] | Why don’t you give me a chance? | 你就不能先听我讲讲吗 |
[06:07] | I may surprise ya. | 可能有惊喜哦 |
[06:08] | I want this to be taught to me | 我希望给我上这门课的 |
[06:10] | in a delicate and sensitive manner. | 是一位风度翩翩 感情细腻的老师 |
[06:12] | Yeah? Well, surprise. | 是吗 那真是让你受惊了 |
[06:14] | You can’t control this either, Riles. | 这也不是你说了算的 莱丽 |
[06:16] | Welcome back, beloved. | 欢迎回来 亲爱的 |
[06:18] | All right, everybody open your Health textbooks to page 73. | 请大家把健康课本翻到第73页 |
[06:28] | He is the only one here that knows what he’s doing. | 谁也不知道他在干什么 |
[06:38] | And that’s what they taught us | 他在健康教育课上 |
[06:39] | in Health class about our bodies. | 就是这么教我们的身体的 |
[06:44] | You okay, Bubba? | 宝贝 你还好吧 |
[06:46] | I’m telling everybody. | 我要告诉别人 |
[06:48] | You’re not tellin’ anybody. | 你不要到处乱说 |
[06:49] | Concentrate on somethin’ else. | 想想别的事儿 |
[06:50] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[06:53] | He’s a gym teacher. | 他是个体育老师 |
[06:54] | Why would they have a gym teacher teach us about our bodies? | 学校怎么会让体育老师来给我们讲我们的身体构造呢 |
[06:57] | This is another thing you can’t control. | 这也是你无法控制的 |
[06:59] | Could you please tell Riley that | 拜托你们告诉莱丽 |
[07:00] | there’s nobody in this world who can control everything? | 这世上没有人能掌控一切 |
[07:03] | That ought to do it. | 事情好办了 |
[07:05] | Hi. It’s me. | 我回来了 |
[07:07] | Oh, good! | 正好 |
[07:09] | Your daughter wants to control what happens to her in life, | 你女儿想掌控她生活中的一切 |
[07:11] | and she needs someone to tell her she can’t, | 正需要人来告诉他有许多事是无法控制的 |
[07:13] | and you are the worst person in the world for the job. | 你正好是个反面教材 |
[07:15] | Out of all the houses in the world she could have walked into, | 这世界上到处都是房子 |
[07:18] | she walks into ours. | 你妈偏要进咱们这幢 |
[07:19] | Well, I did used to be a little bit of a control freak. | 我以前确实是个控制狂 |
[07:24] | “Used to be”? | 以前 |
[07:28] | I just thought of something funny I just heard right now… | 我想到了我刚刚听到的笑话 |
[07:32] | from me. | 我讲的 |
[07:34] | In school, I’m supposed to write | 老师给我们留了个作业 |
[07:36] | a big report about what life means to me. | 要求我们写一篇关于“生活对我的意义”的报告 |
[07:38] | Oh, great. I’ll help you. | 太好了 我会帮你的 |
[07:39] | -Why? -Because I can’t control who likes me or who teaches me | -为什么 -因为我知道我控制不了谁喜欢我 谁给我上课 |
[07:43] | or my own life, but I can sure control yours. | 甚至我自己的生活 但我至少能控制你的生活 |
[07:46] | You know what’s the best about being the youngest? Nothin’. | 身为家里最小的孩子并没有什么好处 |
[07:49] | Riley, you can’t worry about what people think | 莱丽 你不必在意别人的看法 |
[07:52] | because you can’t control what people think. | 因为反正你也改变不了 |
[07:54] | The truth is, when you try to control life, | 事实上 你越想控制生活 |
[07:56] | life does its best to teach you not to. | 就越会发现自己做不到 |
[07:57] | There’s a girl who doesn’t like me. | 我被一个女孩儿嫌弃了 |
[07:59] | What’s that you say now? | 你刚说什么 |
[08:02] | Okay, honey. You just keep being you, | 宝贝 你只需要走自己的路 |
[08:05] | and she’s gonna come around. | 她迟早会回过头来的 |
[08:07] | So, we don’t try to control it? | 我们不用努力做点什么吗 |
[08:08] | -No. -We just let it be? | -不用 -顺其自然 |
[08:09] | -Yes. -How? | -对啊 -怎么做呢 |
[08:11] | Well, see, what’s gonna happen all on its own | 那个 你看 接下来这件事就会这样发展 |
[08:14] | is that Daddy’s gonna get me her phone number, see? | 你爸会帮我拿到她的电话号码 懂吧 |
[08:16] | And then perhaps, I don’t know, | 然后也许 我也不知道 |
[08:17] | maybe I have a little howdy do with her mommy. | 可能我会和她妈妈进行一次亲切友好的谈话 |
[08:20] | And if you don’t have a new friend by 9:00 tomorrow, | 接着如果明天早上九点之前你还不能 |
[08:22] | as natural as flowers in the springtime, | 像春暖花开那样自然而然地有一个新朋友 |
[08:24] | well, then maybe Leonard, the income tax attorney in Mommy’s office, | 那么妈妈办公室里的所得税律师 伦纳德 |
[08:27] | he’s gonna do just a little bit of research into their family’s paperwork | 就会对他们家的相关文件做一些小调查 |
[08:31] | and see if there are any inconsistencies. | 看看有没有什么前后矛盾的地方 |
[08:40] | That’s so soothing. | 太舒服了 |
[08:43] | Yes, it is. | 没错 |
[08:44] | I’m gonna put Momma to bed now. | 我现在要哄妈妈上床睡觉了 |
[08:45] | -Okay. -Mm-hmm. | -好的 -嗯嗯 |
[08:46] | -I can do what I want. -Yes, you can. | -我可以做我想做的一切 -是的 你可以 |
[08:48] | -I’m the boss of this world. -Yes, you are. | -我是世界的主宰 -没错 你就是 |
[08:54] | Huh. Riley, listen. | 哈 莱丽 听着 |
[08:56] | I’m sure Mr. Fanucci knows what he’s doing. | 我敢肯定法努奇老师知道自己在做什么 |
[08:58] | I need you to tell him to treat our Health class | 我想让你告诉他要带着尊重与敏感之心 |
[09:00] | with dignity and sensitivity. | 对待我们的健康课 |
[09:02] | Okay, but it’s been my experience that | 好的 但是我的经验是 |
[09:04] | when you try to control things, | 当你想控制一些事情时 |
[09:06] | they only turn out worse. | 结果只会变得更糟 |
[09:07] | Promise me you’ll tell him that. | 答应我你会跟他说的 |
[09:08] | Okay. I promise you I’ll talk to him. | 好 我答应你我会告诉他 |
[09:10] | What could be worse than learning about my body | 竟然让男生的体育老师来教有关我们身体的知识 |
[09:13] | from the boy’s gym teacher? | 还有什么比这更糟糕 |
[09:14] | Nothin’. | 没有了 |
[09:30] | Ya happy? | 你开心了吗 |
[09:35] | Do it. | 来吧 |
[09:48] | So I said, “Hey, Fanucci, don’t take this the wrong way.” He did. | 所以我说 嘿 法努奇 别搞错方式了 他搞错了 |
[09:51] | “Can you be a little more sensitive in Health class?” | 你能在健康课上更敏感一些吗 |
[09:54] | He can’t. | 他不能 |
[09:54] | So, here I stand in front of you | 所以 我就站在你们面前了 |
[09:56] | begging you to make this easy on me. | 希望你们对我宽容点 |
[10:03] | Put that hand down forever. | 把你的手放下 别再举起来了 |
[10:06] | You have to answer my question about the body. | 你要回答我关于身体的问题 |
[10:10] | Maya, it’s my father! He doesn’t know anything. | 玛雅 这是我爸 他啥也不知道 |
[10:13] | I know things. | 我还是知道一些东西的 |
[10:14] | What is the body? | 身体是什么 |
[10:16] | What does the body want? | 身体想要什么 |
[10:17] | I’m gonna tell ya. | 我要告诉你们 |
[10:19] | Soup. | 是汤 |
[10:21] | Now you know everything. | 现在你们什么都知道了 |
[10:23] | Goodnight! | 晚安了 |
[10:25] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[10:26] | -Smackle time, please. -Absolutely. | -请给我史麦科时间 -当然可以 |
[10:28] | Hey, I thought it was “Farkle time.” | 嘿 我还以为是“法尔科时间” |
[10:29] | It is Farkle time. | 是法尔科时间 |
[10:31] | It’s always been Farkle time. It’ll always be Farkle time. | 一直都是法尔科时间 永远都会是法尔科时间 |
[10:33] | Farkle time is a worldwide phenomenon, | 法尔科时间是一个世界现象 |
[10:34] | a division of Farkle Enterprises | 是法尔科企业的分支 |
[10:35] | and the incontrovertible essence of my soul. | 是我灵魂不容置疑的精髓 |
[10:39] | It’s Smackle time from now on. | 从现在开始是史麦科时间了 |
[10:43] | Mr. Matthews is our teacher and our friend | 马修斯先生是我们的老师和朋友 |
[10:45] | who always encourages us to pursue the subject matter. | 他总是鼓励我们去追寻主题 |
[10:48] | Not this time, baby. | 这次不是了 宝贝儿 |
[10:50] | We will begin. | 我们要开始了 |
[10:52] | On page 73 of your Health books, | 在你们健康课本的第73页 |
[10:53] | what they’re trying to teach you is. | 他们想教你们的是 |
[11:13] | You’re not going to believe | 你肯定不敢相信 |
[11:14] | what that man of yours did today. | 今天你们家那个男的干了啥 |
[11:16] | Oh, sure I will, | 噢 我当然信 |
[11:18] | but Auggie wants to tell Riley something first. | 但是奥吉想先跟莱丽说些事 |
[11:20] | Oh, yay! Your homework. | 噢 是的 你的家庭作业 |
[11:22] | The one thing I was able to completely control. | 我能够完全控制的一件事 |
[11:26] | How could you fail what life means to me? | 你怎么能在“生活对我的意义”上不及格呢 |
[11:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:30] | Perhaps Mrs. Pigsniffle asked me if I did the work myself. | 或许是因为皮格斯尼夫老师问我是不是我自己做的作业 |
[11:33] | “Mrs. Pigsniffle”? | “哼哼猪老师” |
[11:36] | Yeah. You’re the first to notice it. | 没错 你是第一个发现这个笑点的 |
[11:40] | She could tell I helped you with it, huh? | 她能看出来我帮你了 是吧 |
[11:42] | She told me that this was clearly the work of a fifth grader. | 她说这很明显是五年级学生的水平 |
[11:48] | She don’t like me, | 她不喜欢我 |
[11:49] | my father teaches soup, and I can’t even | 我爸爸教了汤 我甚至不能 |
[11:51] | help my own brother with his homework. | 帮我弟弟完成他的家庭作业 |
[11:53] | You want to break it to her or should I? | 你来说还是我来 |
[11:54] | Riley, as much as I’ve tried, | 莱丽 我尝试过很多次了 |
[11:57] | it’s impossible to control what goes on all the time. | 想要一直掌控一切是不可能的 |
[11:59] | I know how hard that was for you. | 我知道你说这话得有多难 |
[12:01] | It’s killing me. I’m smiling, right? | 快难受死了 我还在微笑 对吧 |
[12:04] | Auggie, your teacher wants you to write | 奥吉 你的老师想让你写 |
[12:05] | what life means to you, not what it means to somebody else. | 生活对你的意义 不是对别人的意义 |
[12:08] | Then I will. Thanks anyway, Riley. | 那我就去写吧 还是谢谢你 莱丽 |
[12:10] | You’re welcome, Auggie. Good luck with everything. | 不用客气 奥吉 祝你好运 |
[12:14] | I give up. | 我放弃了 |
[12:16] | Riley, as much as I try, | 莱丽 我尝试过很多次了 |
[12:19] | it’s impossible to control what goes on all the time. | 想要一直掌控一切是不可能的 |
[12:21] | Sometimes it’s okay to just be a leaf in the wind and see where we land. | 有时做一片随风飞舞 不知落向何处的树叶也没什么 |
[12:24] | Even when we don’t like what’s happening to us? | 即使我们不喜欢发生的这些事情 |
[12:26] | Especially then. | 尤其是这个时候 |
[12:28] | Because that’s when I found out life was usually trying to teach me something. | 因为我发现每当这个时候生活都在教导我们 |
[12:31] | Well, what could this be trying to teach me? | 那么 这次它要教我什么 |
[12:33] | It teaches you who you are. | 它教会了你你是谁 |
[12:35] | Because as much as we think we show everybody who we are | 因为当我们完全掌控一切的时候 |
[12:38] | when we’re completely in charge of what happens, | 我们以为向别人展示了我们是谁 |
[12:39] | we find out who we really are when we’re not. | 但其实当我们不这样做时我们才能了解真正的自己 |
[12:43] | Thanks for being my mom. | 谢谢你成为我的妈妈 |
[12:44] | You’re welcome. | 别客气 |
[12:46] | That’s who I am. | 这就是我 |
[12:58] | Lucas, what would you do | 卢卡斯 如果生活中有人 |
[13:00] | if there was somebody in your life who didn’t like you? | 不喜欢你 你会怎么做 |
[13:02] | I’d go like this. | 我会这样 |
[13:05] | That would work for you? | 对你来说有用吗 |
[13:11] | -Smackle! -Do it. | -史麦科 -你来一个 |
[13:16] | Thanks, honey. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[13:18] | -Zay? -Riley? | -小赛 -莱丽 |
[13:20] | What would you do if there was somebody in your life who didn’t like you? | 如果生活中有人不喜欢你 你会怎么做 |
[13:22] | Oof. I’d move to New York. | 噢 我会搬到纽约去 |
[13:27] | Maya, what would you do? | 玛雅 你会怎么做 |
[13:29] | I just don’t care as much. | 我不会在意那么多 |
[13:30] | Well, you cared when you used to be me. | 好吧 你原来是我的时候你会在意 |
[13:32] | Yeah, and it was exhausting, but I’m better now, Riles. | 是啊 那样太累了 我现在好些了 莱丽 |
[13:34] | You want to feel better? Don’t care so much. | 你想要心里好受点吗 不要这么在意就行了 |
[13:36] | I don’t know how to do that. | 我不知道怎么做 |
[13:38] | I care that people like me. | 我很在意人们喜不喜欢我 |
[13:39] | Do people like me? | 大家喜欢我吗 |
[13:40] | -Of course they like you. -They do? | -大家当然喜欢你 -真的吗 |
[13:42] | -You like me, Lucas? -Sure. | -你喜欢我吗 卢卡斯 -当然了 |
[13:45] | He’s sitting right next to me! | 他就坐在我旁边呢 |
[13:48] | Riley, there’s not a person in this world | 莱丽 只要别人真正了解你 |
[13:50] | that wouldn’t like you once they got to know you. | 不会有人不喜欢你的 |
[13:52] | Oh, well, that’s very nice of you, Lucas, | 噢 好吧 你说得真好 卢卡斯 |
[13:54] | but the more me I was, the faster she ran away. | 但是我表现得越多 她跑得越快 |
[13:56] | Come on. Who cares about her? | 算了吧 谁在乎她呀 |
[13:57] | Let’s think about something else. | 我们想点别的吧 |
[13:58] | Yeah, maybe if we move on and think about something else, | 是啊 或许我们放下了 想点别的事 |
[14:01] | then we could get on with our lives… | 然后就可以继续我们的生活 |
[14:03] | she said, knowing that was crazy. | 她说道 虽然知道这有多疯狂 |
[14:06] | Hey, guys, did you know that astronomers calculate | 嘿 诸位 你们知道天文学家计算出 |
[14:11] | that there are one billion trillion stars in the observable universe? | 在可观测宇宙中有十万亿亿颗星星吗 |
[14:15] | One billion trillion? | 十万亿亿 |
[14:18] | Well, that’s just amazing. | 太让人吃惊了 |
[14:19] | I thought it was less. | 我以为没那么多 |
[14:22] | I know! | 我知道 |
[14:23] | It gives you so much to think about… | 它会让你思考很多东西 |
[14:24] | Other than whatever’s going on in our little lives. | 而不仅仅是在我们的生活中发生的小事 |
[14:29] | A billion trillion stars? | 十万亿亿颗星星 |
[14:31] | You could give them all Riley names is what you could do. | 你可以给它们都起一个莱丽名 |
[14:33] | I’ll get you started. | 我先帮你起几个 |
[14:34] | Twinkly, Sparkly, Twinkly. | 闪闪 烁烁 闪闪 |
[14:37] | There’s three. | 这就三个了 |
[14:40] | It certainly shows how vast the universe is and how small we are. | 这的确体现了宇宙的浩瀚和人类的渺小 |
[14:43] | Hey, you’re right. | 嘿 你们说得对 |
[14:44] | We’re all just specks. That’s all we are. | 我们都只是小小的微粒 这就是我们 |
[14:48] | And that other speck doesn’t like me! | 而其他微粒不喜欢我 |
[14:58] | Did you finish your paper, Auggie? | 你的作业写完了吗 奥吉 |
[15:00] | Yeah. I still don’t really know what Mrs. Pigsniffle wanted, | 嗯 我还是不太明白皮格斯尼夫老师到底想要什么 |
[15:03] | so I just tried to answer the question. | 所以我就想办法回答那个问题 |
[15:05] | Can we hear it? | 能说来听听吗 |
[15:07] | What Life Means to Me by Auggie D. Matthews. | 生活对我的意义 作者 奥吉·D·马修斯 |
[15:11] | Your middle name isn’t “Doggie.” | 你的中间名不是“道吉”(狗狗) |
[15:14] | “I’ve been here seven years and I think life is a good idea. | 我已经来到世上七年了 我觉得生活是个好主意 |
[15:18] | “I love my mom and dad, my sister Riley, | 我爱我的妈妈爸爸 我姐姐莱丽 |
[15:21] | “my wife Ava, | 我妻子艾娃 |
[15:23] | “my apartment where I live in America | 我在美国居住的公寓 |
[15:25] | and everything that happens to me every day.” | 和每天发生在我身上的一切 |
[15:28] | Nice job, Auggie. | 写得不错 奥吉 |
[15:30] | So nice when you’re young and still in control of everything. | 你这么小 还可以掌控一切 真是挺好的 |
[15:32] | I’m not in control of anything. | 我什么也不能掌控 |
[15:34] | That’s what makes life so easy for me. | 所以我的生活才如此轻松 |
[15:36] | What? | 什么 |
[15:37] | Yeah. When you think about it, | 是啊 你想想看 |
[15:39] | nothing’s really my fault yet ’cause I’m still cute. | 我还很天真 没有什么事情需要我承担责任 |
[15:43] | It’s the first thing I check every day. | 这就是我每天要想的第一件事 |
[15:46] | How did you get such a good attitude? | 你怎么会有这么好的心态呢 |
[15:48] | Because every day when I say, “Good morning, Mrs. Pigsniffle,” | 因为我每天说“早上好 皮格斯尼夫老师”的时候 |
[15:51] | I realize how lucky I am. | 都会意识到自己有多幸运 |
[15:55] | So when do you start wanting to be in control of things | 那你是什么时候开始想要掌控一切的 |
[15:57] | and when do you lose it? | 什么时候不这样想的呢 |
[15:59] | I remember I started getting real confused about things | 我记得我在十一二岁的时候开始 |
[16:02] | when I was 11 or 12. | 对生活感到特别困惑 |
[16:03] | When does it end? | 什么时候结束的呢 |
[16:05] | No. | 没结束 |
[16:07] | So, you know nothing when you’re a baby, | 所以说 你很小的时候什么都不知道 |
[16:09] | when you’re nine, you’re just figuring things out, | 九岁的时候开始明白一些事情 |
[16:11] | and when you’re 12, you get confused forever? | 十二岁的时候就陷入了永久的困惑 |
[16:12] | -That’s life? -Yep. | -这就是人生 -没错 |
[16:15] | 10 and 11. | 十岁和十一岁 |
[16:17] | The Good Years by Cory Matthews. | 好时光 科瑞·马修斯著 |
[16:20] | Mornin’, crunch bars. What up? | 早啊 吃货们 干什么呢 |
[16:22] | Auggie was just reading us his paper | 奥吉刚才给我们读了他写的 |
[16:24] | about life and everybody he loves. | 有关生活和他所爱的东西的文章 |
[16:25] | -Am I in it? -Yes. | -里面有我吗 -有 |
[16:27] | -Mm-hmm. -Yes. | -嗯哼 -有 |
[16:29] | You didn’t put me in it. | 你没把我写进去 |
[16:30] | I’m never even gonna see 10 or 11! | 我活不到十岁十一岁了 |
[16:32] | No, you won’t! | 绝对活不到 |
[16:42] | My good years are behind me, | 我最好的年华已经过去了 |
[16:44] | I have 80 star names to go, | 我还要给八十个星星起名字 |
[16:46] | and I go to a high school where somebody doesn’t like me. | 我还要在一所有一个人不喜欢我的中学里上学 |
[16:48] | Look on the bright side. | 朝好的方面想想 |
[16:50] | Bright Side! 79 to go. | 好的方面 又一个名字 |
[16:53] | And now, this. | 听课吧 |
[16:55] | One of the most intricate parts of the human body is… | 人体当中最错综复杂的一部分就是 |
[17:00] | No! | 不 |
[17:03] | I want to talk to you guys today | 我今天想跟你们讲讲 |
[17:05] | about the human foot. | 人类的脚 |
[17:21] | Questions? | 有问题吗 |
[17:23] | See, what we have here is a man with nothing to say. | 这个人已经无话可说了 |
[17:27] | Sad. | 可悲 |
[17:31] | -Give up, Matthews? -Okay. | -放弃吧 马修斯 -好吧 |
[17:33] | It’s not so easy to explain the wonders of the human body | 跟这些新生讲解人体的奇妙之处 |
[17:36] | to the freshman class, huh? | 可不容易呢 是吧 |
[17:37] | Or anyone. | 跟谁讲都一样 |
[17:39] | So did he teach it to you in the delicate | 他有没有像你所要求的那样 |
[17:41] | and sensitive manner you requested, Sunshine? | 风度翩翩 感情细腻呢 小美女 |
[17:43] | Not quite, but it’s out of my control. | 没有 但这不是我所能控制的 |
[17:46] | Everything is. | 任何事我都无法控制 |
[17:47] | Mm. Wrongo! | 嗯 不对 |
[17:49] | Wrongo? | 不对 |
[17:51] | I’ve been doing this 20 years. | 我已经讲了二十年了 |
[17:53] | It is never graceful. | 这课从来不优雅 |
[17:55] | But it’s always important. | 但却一直很重要 |
[17:57] | ‘Cause after you get past all your laughter | 因为在你们笑过之后 |
[17:59] | and your embarrassment, we all arrive at one thing: | 尴尬过后 我们最终会认识到一件事 |
[18:03] | you get this one mind and you get this one body. | 你有着一个脑袋 和一个身体 |
[18:08] | That’s what’s completely yours to control. | 这是你所完全掌控的 |
[18:11] | How you take care of it, how you treat it, | 你怎么呵护它 怎么对待它 |
[18:13] | how you nourish it, what becomes of it. | 怎么滋养它 它将会变成什么样 |
[18:17] | It’s completely up to you. | 都由你说了算 |
[18:19] | Especially when it seems like nothing else is. | 尤其当其他的一切都不由你所掌控 |
[18:23] | Boy, do you have the right teacher here. | 孩子们 这才是你们该选择的好老师 |
[18:26] | Does life know what it’s doing or huh? | 生活本就是无常的 |
[18:29] | Uh, you know what else there is about the human foots? | 你们知道脚还有什么其他的功能吗 |
[18:32] | They do… | 它能 跑 |
[18:39] | Yeah, they all do that. | 没错 脚就是用来跑的 |
[18:41] | All right, here is the thing about Health. | 我们接着讲健康知识 |
[18:44] | This is what makes you healthy: | 懂得这些才能保持健康 |
[18:45] | whenever it seems like everything else is just out of control, | 任何时候 当生活中的其他事情失控时 |
[18:49] | you need to be able to rely on your own minds | 只有依靠你灵敏的思维 |
[18:51] | and your own bodies | 和强健的体魄 |
[18:52] | to be whoever you are. | 才能让你始终保持真我 |
[18:55] | ‘Cause knowing who you are, | 因为只有认识自我 |
[18:57] | that’s the best control you could possibly have. | 才是你对自我最好的掌控方式 |
[19:00] | So, make good decisions about yourselves. | 做出对自己最好的决定 |
[19:05] | That’s the best thing I can teach you. | 这是我认为你们最该学到的 |
[19:07] | He’s pretty good, Riley. | 莱丽 他是个很不错的老师 |
[19:09] | Yeah. | 的确 |
[19:11] | Maybe I should just control me. | 也许该先掌控好自己 |
[19:13] | Maybe that’s okay. | 这就够了 |
[19:14] | What about “Our bodies, our friends”? | “我们的身体 我们的朋友”还没讲呢 |
[19:17] | What about page 73? | 第73页也还没讲 |
[19:21] | Oh, yeah. | 差点忘了 |
[19:23] | Listen, someday, way down the line, please, | 记住 很长时间以后 |
[19:28] | if you make more of yourselves… | 如果你们也有了孩子 |
[19:32] | teach them the same thing. | 就教给他们同样的东西吧 |
[19:34] | They’ll thank you for it. | 他们会很感激的 |
[19:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:39] | Anytime, Sunshine. | 不客气 小美女 |
[19:49] | Why did you make us set our alarms for so early? | 你为什么要让我们都起那么早 |
[19:52] | I had such a good dream. | 我的美梦都被打断了 |
[19:53] | You know what I was dreaming of? | 你们猜我梦到了什么 |
[19:56] | How you doin’? | 你好呀 |
[19:59] | We’re holding balloons, Riley. | 我们都拿着气球 莱丽 |
[20:01] | Why are we holding balloons? | 为什么要拿气球呢 |
[20:02] | I know that sometimes I can be a handful… | 我知道有时候我就是这么特立独行 |
[20:05] | – No… – Yes, yes, you are. | – 没有 – 对 对 你是很特别 |
[20:07] | but I learned something and I want to share it with you guys. | 现在我就是想和你们分享我的感悟 |
[20:10] | This is our letting go ceremony. | 欢迎来到我们的告别仪式 |
[20:12] | We will let go of all of the things | 我们要告别那些 |
[20:14] | that we think we can control but we really don’t. | 我们以为自己能够掌控 但其实不能的事 |
[20:16] | Well, I’m not doin’ it. | 我没兴趣 |
[20:17] | You don’t control that. | 你没得选的 |
[20:19] | Except each other. We will never let go of each other. | 我们永不告别彼此 我们要永远在一起 |
[20:21] | See? | 我说了吧 |
[20:25] | Okay, everybody. Let go of your balloons. | 来吧 放飞我们的气球 |
[20:31] | What happens now? | 然后呢 |
[20:33] | Well, whatever life does to us, | 也许我们控制不了生活中的种种意外 |
[20:36] | maybe we can’t control it, | 但是我们能保持真我 |
[20:38] | but we can be who we are and… | 并且用我们自己的方式 |
[20:41] | control how we react to it. | 去应对它们 |
[20:59] | Hi. | 你好 |
[21:02] | Yeah, I still don’t like you. | 我还是不喜欢你 |
[21:06] | Well, I like you. | 没关系 我就是喜欢你 |
[21:26] | Here comes Mr. Googly | 欢迎收看大眼先生 |
[21:28] | And his googly, boogly friends! | 有请大眼先生和他的朋友们 |
[21:32] | Honey, I’m home! | 我回来啦 |
[21:34] | We’re watching Googly. | 我们在看大眼先生呢 |
[21:36] | I decided to stay young and cute as long as I can. | 我要永远长不大 永远天真可爱 |
[21:39] | You can’t control that, Augs. | 这你可控制不了 奥吉 |
[21:40] | Nobody can control anything. | 没人能掌控一切 |
[21:42] | Yeah. Might as well learn that right now. | 没错 就像你无法阻止我换台 |
[21:45] | And in local news, | 据当地新闻报道 |
[21:47] | one Greenwich Village family has been found guilty | 格林威治村的一户人家 |
[21:49] | of four counts of tax evasion. | 负有四项逃税罪行 |
[21:51] | When asked to comment, | 他们接受采访时表示 |
[21:53] | they said they would have gotten away with it, | 要不是他们的女儿在学校里 |
[21:55] | except their daughter chose not to like | 选择不喜欢某个不好惹的人 |
[21:57] | the wrong person at school. | 他们本不用接受惩罚 |
[21:59] | Just another reason everybody should like everybody. | 所以说世界上所有人都应该喜欢彼此啊 |
[22:06] | What did you do? | 你到底干了什么 |
[22:07] | Nothin’. | 啥也没干 |
[22:08] | Nobody can– can control nothin’. | 没有人 能掌控一切 |
[22:10] | D– dessert? | 要 要甜点吗 |
[22:12] | Who wants dessert? | 谁要吃甜点 |
[22:13] | I’ll tell everybody what they’re having. | 我跟你们说说他们都干了什么 |