时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Whyyyyy?! | 为什么 |
[00:09] | My God. | 我的天啊 |
[00:11] | It had only been three days since I left home | 我才离开家三天 |
[00:14] | and my dad was already 5150. | 我爸爸已经开始发神经了 |
[00:17] | It hurts so bad! | 我伤得太痛了 |
[00:19] | What hurts so bad, Dad? | 哪里受伤了 爸爸 |
[00:21] | My soul! | 我的灵魂 |
[00:23] | Dad, stop, seriously. | 停停停 爸爸 严肃点 |
[00:25] | But you don’t understand, Zo-Zo. | 你不懂 Zozo |
[00:27] | The world is a dangerous place now! | 这个世界很危险 |
[00:29] | College is totally different than when I was coming up. | 现在的大学和我当年完全不一样了 |
[00:32] | Okay, dude, you had Freaknik. | 好吧 爸爸 你当年还有Freaknik |
[00:33] | Shake them things, baby | 动起来 宝贝 |
[00:37] | shake shake them things, baby | 动起来 宝贝 |
[00:39] | Shake them things, baby | 动起来 宝贝 |
[00:40] | Pop, pop | 摇摆 摇摆 |
[00:41] | Lies! | 骗子 |
[00:43] | Propaganda! | 都是虚假宣传 |
[00:44] | Freaknik never happened! | Freaknik从来没举办过 |
[00:46] | Okay, there are YouTube videos, | 好吧 但是Youtube上有视频 |
[00:47] | one of which I’m actually pretty sure you’re in. | 我很确定你在其中一个里面 |
[00:49] | Unh, unh, get it, get it | 啊 抓住它 抓住它 |
[00:54] | Okay, it was amazing. | 好吧,那确实很刺激 |
[00:57] | And there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it. | 过去的日子我没有一天不在想它 |
[00:59] | But I don’t want that for you! | 但是我不想让你去 |
[01:01] | Dad, I don’t want that for me. | 爸爸 我并不想去 |
[01:03] | You know, I got to go. | 你知道的 我要挂了 |
[01:04] | No! No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[01:05] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下等一下 |
[01:06] | Um, when you come home this weekend, | 你这周末什么时候回家 |
[01:09] | can we watch “The Breakfast Club” Together? | 我们能一起看早餐俱乐部吗 |
[01:11] | Dad, I’m not coming home this weekend. | 爸爸 我这周末不回家 |
[01:13] | Aaaah! | 啊啊啊 |
[01:14] | But that’s our favorite! | 但那是我们最喜欢的电影 |
[01:17] | Don’t forget about me! | 勿忘我 |
[01:19] | That was the song’s one rule. | 那可是主题曲啊 |
[01:22] | Bye, Dad. | 再见 爸爸 |
[01:24] | Three days. | 才三天 |
[01:26] | Shell of a man. | 脆弱的男人 |
[02:05] | I’d been in college for three days, | 我的大学生活已经开始三天了 |
[02:07] | and at that moment, there was no way | 刚开始的时候 |
[02:09] | my dad or anyone couldn’t have told me that | 我的父亲或者其他人已经告诉过我 |
[02:11] | I didn’t already know everything I needed to know | 我还有很多需要知道的事情不清楚 |
[02:14] | to completely master this place the same way I had in high school. | 从而像高中一样在这里做到游刃有余 |
[02:19] | I knew it all. | 我全都知道 |
[02:20] | I knew that Ronald J. Winthrop was our school founder, | 我知道Ronald J. Winthrop是我们学校的创始人 |
[02:23] | and that he dabbled in slavery. | 还有他支持奴隶制 |
[02:27] | I knew that the Cal U basketball team of 1958 | 我知道1958年的加利福尼亚大学篮球队 |
[02:30] | would get bodied by the Cal U basketball team today. | 会被今天的宾州加利福尼亚大学篮球队吊打 |
[02:34] | I knew that this was the women’s bathroom | 我知道这里曾经是女洗手间 |
[02:36] | and also the men’s bathroom. | 也是男洗手间 |
[02:40] | I knew this was the campus hot spot… | 我知道这是学校的热点 |
[02:43] | this was the campus lame spot… | 这是学校里的逊点 |
[02:46] | and this was the campus dead spot. | 这是学校的死角 |
[02:49] | Hold on, Mom! | 等会 妈妈 |
[02:50] | Did you say Dad was gay or game? | 你刚刚说爸爸是同性恋还是游戏 |
[02:53] | Gay or game? | 同性恋还是游戏 |
[02:54] | Hello? | 喂 |
[02:55] | Damn it, Mom! Hello?! | 见鬼 妈妈 喂 |
[02:59] | Ugh, hey. | 唉 嘿 |
[03:00] | This reception is… | 这个信号真是 |
[03:05] | But the one thing I didn’t know about college, | 但是对于大学我有一件事不明白 |
[03:07] | that I’d never admit to my dad or anybody else, | 这件事我没有告诉我爸爸和任何人 |
[03:11] | was that in all actuality, | 那就是事实上 |
[03:13] | I would soon discover that I didn’t know anything. | 我很快就会发现其实我什么都不知道 |
[03:19] | Which was obvious because I was enrolled in a midnight class | 这很明显 因为我报了一门深夜课程 |
[03:22] | that no one in their right mind would ever want to be in. | 而任何脑子正常一点的人 都是不会报这门课的 |
[03:35] | And I especially didn’t know that | 我也没想到 |
[03:37] | the same film my dad begged me to watch this weekend, | 我爸爸求我这周末和他一起看的那部电影 |
[03:40] | the same film that ignited our father-daughter bond, | 那部使我们的父女关系更亲密的那部电影 |
[03:43] | the film that taught me how to apply lipstick with my boobs, | 那部教我怎么用胸部涂口红的电影 |
[03:46] | would be way closer to my real life than I ever knew. | 会和我的现实生活如此接近 |
[03:51] | Good evening, everyone. | 大家晚上好 |
[03:52] | If you’re here for the Digital Marketing Strategies class, | 如果你是来这里参加数字营销策略课程的 |
[03:56] | you’ve come to the correct place. | 那你真是来对地方了 |
[03:58] | If you’re here to inquire about the listing for | 如果你是来认领 |
[04:00] | a mixed-breed litter of premature breech terrier puppies… | 这些流浪混种早产小狗崽的 |
[04:06] | You’ve also come to the correct place. | 那么你也来对地方了 |
[04:11] | I am Professor Dr. Charles Telphy. | 我是Charles Telphy教授 |
[04:14] | Okay, freeze. | 好 暂停 |
[04:16] | First of all, he’s not a doctor, | 首先 他不是个博士 |
[04:18] | and the fact that he’s a professor | 而他是一位教授的事实 |
[04:19] | totally blows my mind. | 冲击了我的认知 |
[04:21] | I knew Charlie as the weird guy my dad works with. | 我知道Charlie曾经是我爸爸的一个怪同事 |
[04:24] | All we got to do is plant some cocaine in her desk. | 我们要做的就是在她的桌子里放一些可卡因 |
[04:28] | I’m pregnant and I hate you! | 我怀孕了 我恨你 |
[04:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:34] | Somehow, he’s managed to keep his day job | 不过 他竟然能一边做白天的工作 |
[04:36] | while teaching this class. | 一边坚持晚上讲课 |
[04:38] | As adjunct professor for the midnight-to-2:00-AM “After-night-school” Program, | 作为从午夜到凌晨2点的”深夜学堂”项目的副教授 |
[04:42] | I welcome you to a unique, new educational frontier. | 我欢迎你们来到一个独特的 全新的教育前沿 |
[04:46] | Most of our jobs don’t allow us to | 我们中大多数人的工作 |
[04:48] | go to school during normal hours. | 不支持我们在正常的日间时间上学 |
[04:51] | Whores. | 妓女 |
[04:53] | But the daylight belongs to the meek. | 但白昼属于温顺的人 |
[04:54] | The bold own the night. | 勇者主宰黑夜 |
[04:56] | And with it, the future. | 与此同时 拥有未来 |
[04:58] | We’re just into tomorrow before anyone else. | 我们比任何人都要更早地进入明天 |
[05:02] | Do you hear that? | 听到了吗 |
[05:04] | That’s tomorrow happening today. | 那是明天和今天重合的声音 |
[05:06] | Now, this syllabus right here | 现在 教学大纲就在这 |
[05:09] | is gonna break down the entire course | 它把我们的全部课程分解为几部分 |
[05:12] | starting with week one… drones. | 从第一周开始 无人机 |
[05:15] | Week two, drones from the past. | 第二周 过去的无人机 |
[05:17] | Week three, drones of the future. | 第三周 未来的无人机 |
[05:20] | Basically, this will be an all-drones class. | 基本上 这就是一门讲无人机的课程 |
[05:23] | Why? Cause they arose me. | 为什么 因为它们引起了我的兴趣 |
[05:28] | So, just like “The Breakfast Club,” | 所以 就像早餐俱乐部一样 |
[05:31] | these six losers who I normally never would have even spoken to, | 这六个我正常情况下根本不会接触的社会失败人士 |
[05:35] | would not only become my friends, | 不仅仅会成为我的朋友 |
[05:39] | but some of the closest people to me in my life. | 还会成为我生命中最亲密的人 |
[05:46] | Like Nomi… she’s my boo. | 像Nomi 她是我的闺蜜 |
[05:49] | What the fuck are you looking at? | 你他妈在瞅啥呢 |
[05:52] | But it didn’t exactly start off that way. | 但一开始并不是这样的 |
[05:54] | See, Nomi wasn’t your typical Jewish-American princess. | Nomi不是典型的犹太裔美国公主 |
[05:58] | In fact, she wasn’t your typical anything. | 事实上 她不是任何典型的女孩 |
[06:01] | She liked Rottweilers | 她喜欢罗威纳犬 |
[06:03] | and moshing at Swedish death-metal concerts. | 参加瑞典的死亡金属音乐会 |
[06:07] | She was a liberated woman | 她是个寻求解放的女性 |
[06:09] | who didn’t conform to the boundaries or laws | 不屈服于界限和法律 |
[06:11] | that her family, society, | 她的家庭 社会 |
[06:14] | or 49 of the 50 states deemed acceptable. | 或者50个州中49个州都接受的事情 |
[06:17] | And then there were these two. | 然后是这两位 |
[06:19] | Hey, I’m Jazlyn! She’s Skyler. | 嘿 我是Jazlyn 她是Skyler |
[06:21] | Are you guys… | 你们两个 |
[06:22] | – Twins? – Totally. | – 是双胞胎吗 – 当然 |
[06:23] | B.T. Dubs, your hair is everything. | B.T. Dubs 你的头发真是美的不可方物 |
[06:26] | Despite their Simi Valley accent, | 除去她们的西米谷市的口音 |
[06:28] | the twins from Tyler Perry’s “The Shining” | 这对从Tyler Perry的”The Shining”中出道的双胞胎 |
[06:31] | were actually from the hood. | 其实来自街区 |
[06:32] | They were also Cal U’s hottest track recruits, | 她们还是宾州加利福尼亚大学最火的田径特长生 |
[06:35] | which meant they were judged about everything, | 这意味着她们的一切都会被人们指指点点 |
[06:37] | just like the young, Black, female athletes | 就像其他年轻的黑人女运动员一样 |
[06:40] | who came before them were scrutinized about their speed, their bodies, even their edges. | 她们的速度 身体 甚至样貌都被吹毛求疵地观察 |
[06:46] | But America’s darlings were a far cry from this guy, | 但是美国的宠儿们和剩下的这位大相径庭 |
[06:50] | who had a different opinion about America. | 他对美国有完全不同的想法 |
[06:52] | This one’s “Black Lives Matter,” I got “I Can’t Breathe,” | 这个写着”黑人的命很重要” 还有一个”我不能呼吸了” |
[06:54] | “Michelle 2020,” “Justice for Kalief Browder,” | “米歇尔2020″”为Kalief Browder寻求正义” |
[06:57] | and “Free Assata Shakur.” | 还有”还Assata Shakur自由” |
[06:58] | Oh, and what’s the bracelet for? | 哦 那手环是做什么用的 |
[07:02] | Um, that just… | 呃 这个只是 |
[07:04] | lets the EMTs know that I have a peanut allergy. | 让急诊医生知道我对花生过敏 |
[07:07] | Aaron and I met during freshman orientation. | 我和Aaron是在新生入学培训时认识的 |
[07:09] | He was a super-hot sophomore with a bunch of forearm tattoos | 他是一个很火辣的二年级生 小臂上有一堆纹身 |
[07:13] | who somehow, against all odds, made a ducktail work. | 而且不知为何 居然撑起了鸭尾辫的发型 |
[07:17] | Seriously, that should not work, right? | 说实在的 本应是不好看的 对吧 |
[07:21] | But questionable hair choices aside, | 但是撇去他奇怪的的发型取向 |
[07:23] | he had big plans to change the world. | 他其实有改变世界的伟大计划 |
[07:25] | Um, BSU’s protesting the fact that Cal U | 鲍尔州立大学抗议宾州加利福尼亚大学 |
[07:28] | is changing the blackboards to whiteboards. | 把黑板替换成白板 |
[07:31] | Why would they do that? | 他们为什么要这样 |
[07:32] | Here we go. | 大家传一下 |
[07:34] | This dude. | 这位朋友 |
[07:35] | Uh, is, uh, something funny, bro? | 有什么好笑的事吗 |
[07:37] | Nah, we get it. | 啊 我们明白了 |
[07:38] | You’re, um, “Woke.” | 你是 “觉醒的” |
[07:40] | Baby Basquiat over here is Luca, | 这位年轻版Basquiat叫Luca |
[07:42] | the only freshman fly enough to rock the same skirt as me | 是唯一一个潮到能和我驾驭同一套裙子的新生 |
[07:46] | and make me think about changing. | 甚至一度让我想改变时尚风格 |
[07:48] | But not everyone was a fan. | 即使这样 他也不是人见人爱 |
[07:50] | Okay, my bad for caring about the culture. | 好吧 关心社会大环境是我的错 |
[07:52] | Maybe I should be more like you | 或许我应该像你一样 |
[07:53] | and spend all my free time ring shopping. | 把我所有的空闲时间用来买戒指 |
[07:55] | But then when would you have time to look for buttons? | 但是如此一来你还会有时间来找这些徽章吗 |
[07:57] | Dude, would you keep it down? | 朋友 你能小点声吗 |
[07:59] | This isn’t the Magic Johnson Theatre. | 这里可不是魔术师约翰逊大剧院 |
[08:04] | But it’d be cool if it were. | 当然如果是的话会很酷 |
[08:06] | He’s a community entrepreneur. | 他是个社区企业家 |
[08:08] | So that dude who was about to get “World Starred” Was Vivek, | 这个即将成为“世界明星”的家伙是Vivek |
[08:12] | a first-generation Gujarati Indian | 第一代古吉拉特印第安人 |
[08:14] | born to a devoutly Hindu family. | 生于一个虔诚的印度教家庭 |
[08:17] | He was a straight-A student and a National Merit Scholar, | 他是全A生 还拿了国家优秀学者奖 |
[08:20] | and he had big dreams | 他还有个远大的理想 |
[08:21] | of following in the footsteps of his hero. | 跟随他偶像的脚步 |
[08:24] | No, not him. | 不 不是他 |
[08:26] | And thank God not him. | 谢天谢地 也不是他 |
[08:28] | Him. | 是他 |
[08:39] | So, I’m pretty sure you’re wondering | 所以 我觉得你肯定很奇怪 |
[08:41] | how a girl like me, | 像我这样一个 |
[08:42] | with perfectly threaded eyebrows and J.Law-level charm | 有着修得完美整齐的眉毛和詹尼佛·劳伦斯级别魅力的女生 |
[08:45] | wound up in a midnight class | 是怎样沦落到一个 |
[08:47] | full of puppies and meth addicts. | 充斥着小狗和瘾君子的夜校的 |
[08:49] | Well, you weren’t the only one. | 好吧 你不是一个人 |
[08:51] | Uh, apparently some people in the administration | 显然行政部门的某些人 |
[08:54] | are scrutinizing over the legitimacy of this class. | 正在审查这门课的合法性 |
[09:06] | Crazy, right? | 太疯狂了 是吧 |
[09:08] | So, a survey will be going around. | 现在 我们来做一个调查 |
[09:11] | Per protocol, I have to step out. | 根据程序 我不得在场 |
[09:14] | Feel free to talk amongst yourselves | 你们可以内部讨论一下 |
[09:16] | why you wanted to enroll in this class. | 你们为什么想要来上这门课 |
[09:19] | And it would be greatly appreciated | 如果你们不要提这些小狗崽子的存在 |
[09:22] | if you leave out any mention of breech terrier puppies | 我会非常感激的 |
[09:24] | that may or may not actually be coyotes. | 它们也可能是土狼 |
[09:27] | Well, I know why I’m here. | 好吧 我知道我为什么来这 |
[09:29] | I enjoy taking classes taught by Black professors. | 我喜欢上黑人教授的课 |
[09:31] | Unfortunately, he’s one of them. | 非常不幸 他就算一个 |
[09:33] | But you… why… why are you here? | 但是你 你为什么来这 |
[09:39] | Oh, no! | 哦 不 |
[09:46] | Uh. | 呃 |
[09:47] | Why am I here? | 我为什么来这 |
[09:48] | – Yeah. – Well, psht! | – 对啊 – 哦 噗嗤 |
[09:50] | Drones. I love ’em. | 无人机 我爱它们 |
[09:52] | This dude. | 这哥们问的啥问题 |
[09:54] | Am I right? | 对吧 |
[09:55] | All the buttons? | 那些按钮 |
[09:56] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[10:04] | All right, so I’m not gonna lie, | 好吧 我不想撒谎 |
[10:06] | I’m not in this class because I love drones. | 我来这不是因为我喜欢无人机 |
[10:08] | Although they are pretty cool. | 虽然它们确实很酷 |
[10:10] | It’s like we gave a bunch of cameras to birds. | 就像是我们在小鸟身上安了照相机一样 |
[10:13] | But again, not why I’m here, | 不过再说一次 我不是因为这个来的 |
[10:15] | and I’m not about to put my business on blast | 我也不打算把我的事情 |
[10:17] | to these six randos who I’m stuck in drone class with. | 跟这六个无人机课上的陌生人说 |
[10:20] | Well, I can’t put the real reason I’m in here. | 好吧 我不能把我来这的真实原因写上 |
[10:24] | My uncle reads this. | 我叔叔会看到 |
[10:26] | You know, Nomi, Cal U is where I met your second aunt. | 你知道 Nomi 宾州加利福尼亚大学是我遇见你第二任婶婶的地方 |
[10:29] | Was she the one you lost to Hedonism II? | 是不是你因为享乐主义丢掉的那个婶婶 |
[10:32] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:33] | The rippin’ and the tearin’. | 撕心裂肺啊 |
[10:36] | The rippin’ and the tearin’. | 撕心裂肺 |
[10:37] | Nomi’s uncle was Bert Parker, the Dean of Students, | Nomi的叔叔是Bert Parker 是我们院长 |
[10:40] | and despite his eight failed marriages, | 尽管他的婚姻失败了八次 |
[10:43] | he seemed oddly more preoccupied | 似乎他对Nomi找到合适的对象的关注 |
[10:45] | with Nomi finding the right guy than her finding the right class. | 远超过Nomi选合适的课 |
[10:48] | Perhaps you’ll find love here, too. | 也许你也会在这找到爱情 |
[10:50] | Mm, hot tip, | 咳 热心提示 |
[10:51] | most of the young, eligible Jewish guys… | 大多数年轻的 差不多的犹太孩子 |
[10:53] | – Yeah? – …hang out right over there. | – 怎么 – 都在那边玩 |
[10:56] | We call that area “Little Boca.” | 我们管那里叫”小博卡” |
[11:01] | But unbeknownst to anyone in her family… | 不过她家里人还不知道 |
[11:06] | Nomi and her newfound sexual freedom | Nomi和她刚解放的性自由 |
[11:08] | had other things in mind. | 脑子里想的是别的 |
[11:10] | You know, I really have to go to the bathroom. | 你知道 我真的需要去下厕所了 |
[11:12] | I had, like, some questionable sushi. | 我吃了点 呃 有问题的寿司 |
[11:14] | – Oh. – I’ll be back. | – 哦 – 一会回来 |
[11:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:17] | Oh! | 哦 |
[11:22] | So, I should just, uh, put “Drones,” Right? | 所以 我应该就写 呃 “无人机” 对吗 |
[11:26] | – Yeah, definitely, definitely. – Okay. | – 没错 就是这样 就是这样 – 好的 |
[11:29] | – Just a drone situation. – Yeah. | – 就写无人机问题吧 – 没错 |
[11:31] | I think I might be a “Drone” Guy, too. | 我觉得我也要写’无人机’ |
[11:33] | Yes, Mummi, I’ve signed up for the statistics club. | 是的 妈妈 我已经报名加入统计学俱乐部了 |
[11:35] | Thank Auntie Beena for the Ganesh statue. | 谢谢Beena姨的迦乃士雕像 |
[11:37] | It got here in one piece. | 带过来还完好无损 |
[11:38] | And tell Puppa-Ji I’ll call him tonight to go over my classes, | 然后告诉Puppa-Ji我晚上会打给他检查我的功课 |
[11:41] | and before you ask, they’re all S.T.E.M…. | 在你问之前先说一声 都是STEM学科 |
[11:43] | no arts, no humanities, no physical activities. | 没有艺术 没有人文 没有体育活动 |
[11:46] | Yo, Vivek! | 哟 Vivek |
[11:49] | Mom, let me call you back. | 妈我回头再打给你 |
[11:50] | I just saw some of my engineering friends. | 我刚看到我的几个工程师朋友 |
[11:51] | Those were not his engineering friends. | 这些可不是什么”工程师朋友” |
[11:54] | I got Molly, I got Oxy, I got Roxy. | 我这有莫里 缓释羟考酮 羟考酮 |
[11:56] | I got Xanies, I got Percs, I got Addies. | 我有阿普唑仑 普热息 阿迪斯 |
[11:58] | And this… | 还有这个 |
[12:01] | This is a really strong decongestant. | 这是一种劲很足的减充血剂 |
[12:02] | So, Vivek grew up poor. | 是的 Vivek家里很穷 |
[12:04] | His parents wanted him to be an engineer, | 他的父母想让他成为一个工程师 |
[12:06] | and he did too, | 他也做到了 |
[12:08] | but he wasn’t willing to wait eight years to ball out. | 但是他不想再等八年才赚钱了 |
[12:14] | A drug dealer? | 毒贩子 |
[12:16] | Hey, I’m not a drug dealer. | 嘿 我不是毒贩子 |
[12:18] | I just get pills at a lesser price from a guy | 我只是从其他人那里低价买来毒品 |
[12:20] | and sell them at a markup. | 然后转手提价卖出去 |
[12:22] | I mean, it’s not like I’m gonna shoot you or anything. | 我是想说 我不会掏枪打你或者什么的 |
[12:25] | Unless you don’t pay, | 除非你不交钱 |
[12:26] | then my boy Lil’ Puppet will definitely do it. | 然后我的伙计Lil’ Peppet会搞定你 |
[12:27] | Oh, my God, I’m totally a drug dealer. | 上帝啊 我就是毒贩子 |
[12:30] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[12:31] | Lil Puppet Lil’ Puppet? | |
[12:34] | Oh, well. | 哦 好吧 |
[12:35] | So I’m assuming you guys are putting “Drones” Too? | 所以我猜你们也要写’无人机’ |
[12:38] | – Uh… – Um… | – 呃 – 呃 |
[12:39] | You know those picture-perfect Sports Illustrated cover girls? | 你知道那些图片精美的体育画报的封面女孩吧 |
[12:43] | Hello, girls. | 你们好啊 姑娘们 |
[12:44] | Hey, Dean Parker. | 嘿 Parker院长 |
[12:45] | Well, don’t judge a magazine by the cover. | 好吧 千万不要以貌取人 |
[12:48] | What is your bum-ass problem, girl? | 你有什么逼毛病吗 死丫头 |
[12:49] | Make up your damn mind, already. | 你赶紧决定一下 见鬼 |
[12:51] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[12:52] | Which class can I take without you in it? | 我上什么课才能不跟你一起 |
[12:54] | Anything at UCLA. | 去UCLA任何一节课 |
[12:56] | Bye, bitch. | 再见 臭婊子 |
[13:02] | Yep, under those smiles, that’s who they really were. | 没错 在完美的微笑下 这才是她们真实德行 |
[13:05] | But as their father always drilled into them, | 不过正如他们父亲教导的那样 |
[13:08] | no one wants two ratchet-ass girls | 没有人愿意在麦片盒子上 |
[13:10] | on the front of a cereal box. | 看到两个目中无人的小混蛋 |
[13:12] | Kind of disagree with your pops. | 我不太认同你们的老爹 |
[13:14] | That might actually bring Wheaties back. | 那样有可能把Wheaties的销量救回来 |
[13:17] | Whatever, dude. | 随便吧 兄弟 |
[13:17] | Are you putting down “Drones” Or not? | 你要写”无人机”吗 |
[13:19] | Nah, I’m just gonna put down that I don’t really care. | 不用了 我就打算写我不在乎 |
[13:32] | Wow, so you still smoke cigarettes? | 哇哦 你还抽烟 |
[13:35] | So you, like, really don’t care? | 所以你 就是 真的不在乎 |
[13:38] | I don’t. | 是的 |
[13:38] | So, are you gonna tell us what’s behind your drone story or what? | 所以 你要告诉我们你无人机背后的故事吗 |
[13:44] | These six weirdos just bared their soul | 这六个怪胎刚刚开诚布公 |
[13:46] | and everyone seems cool with their truth. | 大家对真相似乎也都能接受 |
[13:47] | So, why can’t I? | 所以 我为什么不行 |
[13:51] | All right, guys, so I got to be honest. | 好吧 同志们 我实话实说 |
[13:52] | I don’t love drones. | 我不喜欢无人机 |
[13:53] | I mean, I do, it’s how we caught Bin Laden, | 我的意思是 我喜欢 我们就是这样抓住本拉登的 |
[13:55] | but not why I’m here. | 不过不是我来这的原因 |
[13:56] | Okay, so this is what happened. | 好吧 事情是这样 |
[13:58] | It was the day before registration, | 那是在入学注册前一天 |
[14:00] | and I was at the coffee shop… | 我在咖啡馆 |
[14:02] | Who got the venti black iced tea, | 谁要的大杯冰红茶 |
[14:03] | extra water, extra ice, 12 pumps classic sweetener? | 加水 加冰 12分糖 |
[14:06] | – Oh, right here. – That’s me. | – 哦 这里 – 是我的 |
[14:08] | Analisa Patricia Torres Analisa Patricia Torres | |
[14:09] | was born in Miami to Cuban immigrants. | 出生在迈阿密 然后搬到了古巴 |
[14:13] | She was a devout Catholic | 她是一个虔诚的天主教徒 |
[14:15] | and an even more devout Republican… | 还是个更加虔诚的共和党 |
[14:18] | with a secret shame. | 却有个羞耻的秘密 |
[14:22] | So, Ana and I hit it off immediately. | 于是 Ana和我很快就摩擦出了火花 |
[14:24] | We had a ton in common. | 我们有很多共同点 |
[14:25] | I mean, we’re both freshman, | 我的意思是 我们都是新生 |
[14:27] | she loved my hair, I love that she loved my hair. | 她喜欢我的发型 我喜欢她喜欢我的发型 |
[14:29] | How could you not? | 怎么可能不喜欢 |
[14:30] | And everything just got better from there. | 从那开始一切都好了起来 |
[14:35] | Some older girls I knew from high school | 一些我高中认识的高年级女孩 |
[14:37] | invited me to a party. | 邀请我去参加派对 |
[14:38] | I brought Ana with me | 我带上了Ana和我一起 |
[14:39] | because she was my first college friend. | 因为她是我大学的第一个朋友 |
[14:42] | Is this like, a real party. | 这是那种 真正的派对吗 |
[14:44] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:45] | Oh, God. I’m nervous. | 哦上帝啊 我好慌 |
[14:47] | No. No, don’t worry. | 不 不 别担心 |
[14:49] | I got you, Ana. Just be cool. | 我带你飞 Ana 淡定就好 |
[14:52] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 你是对的 |
[14:53] | Just be cool, Analisa. | 淡定就好 Analisa |
[14:55] | Oh, my God, I’m so excited I think I got to poop. | 哦上帝啊 我太激动了我觉得我想拉屎了 |
[14:57] | – Oh. – Hey, Zoey. | – 哦 – 嘿Zoey |
[14:59] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[15:00] | Who wants roc gummies? | 谁想要大麻糖 |
[15:04] | And the next thing you know, | 等下一个我意识到的瞬间 |
[15:05] | me and Ana were at our first college day party. | 我和Ana就在了我们大学生涯第一个白天的派对上 |
[15:23] | The party was amazing. | 这个派对太棒了 |
[15:25] | I mean, I was trying to get Ana to slow her roll, | 我的意思是 我试图让Ana别嗨过了头 |
[15:27] | and she wasn’t having it, | 但她没有 |
[15:29] | but things between us were going great. | 不过我们之间相处的很好 |
[15:35] | Until they weren’t. | 直到变得不好 |
[15:37] | Oh, no! | 哦 不 |
[15:39] | – Dude. – That’s messed up. | – 伙计啊 – 搞砸了 |
[15:43] | This situation just got whack. | 情况有点糟糕 |
[15:46] | We should hit up another party. | 我们去另一个派对吧 |
[15:49] | Zoey Zoey! | |
[15:51] | You coming, Zoey? | 你要来吗 Zoey |
[15:59] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[16:25] | Hoo! So there it is. | 呼 终于说出来了 |
[16:27] | The truth. | 真相 |
[16:28] | This kind of felt good. | 感觉有点不错呢 |
[16:29] | It’s a relief to say it out loud, you know? | 说出口真是如释重负 你知道吗 |
[16:32] | Get it off your chest. | 敞开心扉 |
[16:33] | Hey, let’s go get some freakin’ French toast. | 嘿 我们去吃点法式吐司吧 |
[16:36] | Get it? | 你懂吗 |
[16:37] | It’s like a reference to… | 就是致敬 |
[16:41] | Yeah? | 是吧 |
[16:43] | Dude, you are a monster. | 兄弟 你真是禽兽 |
[16:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:49] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:56] | Should’ve just put down “Drones.” | 我就该直接写”无人机”的 |
[17:01] | Aaron was right. I was a monster. | Aaron说的对 我就是禽兽 |
[17:04] | I’d bailed on another girl when she needed me most. | 在一个女孩最需要我的时候 我抛弃了她 |
[17:07] | I was a terrible person. | 我是个坏人 |
[17:09] | Hey, listen. Don’t worry about it, okay? | 嘿 听着 不要想那么多 好吗 |
[17:11] | I mean, haven’t we all done something like that before? | 大家以前不都做过类似那样的事情嘛 |
[17:14] | You have? | 你也干过 |
[17:16] | Who, me? | 谁 我吗 |
[17:16] | Oh, no. God, no. | 哦 不是 天啊 没有 |
[17:18] | I mean, not like that. | 我是说 不是那种事 |
[17:19] | That was some East African genocidal warlord shit. | 那简直是东非军阀大屠杀 |
[17:24] | Oh. | 噢 |
[17:26] | Wait, I could’ve sworn you were trying to make her feel better. | 等等 我以为你想让她心里好受点来着 |
[17:29] | Yeah, that’s where I thought things were heading. | 对 我也以为那才是谈话的走向 |
[17:31] | But I don’t deserve to feel better | 我没资格觉得好受 |
[17:33] | because I should’ve helped Ana. | 我本该帮助Ana的 |
[17:35] | Yeah, but you didn’t. Why? | 是啊 但你没那么做 为什么呢 |
[17:37] | Well, because I was a freshman | 因为我作为一个新生 |
[17:38] | at an upperclassmen party, | 参加高年级学生的派对 |
[17:40] | and there were hot guys everywhere, and… | 那里遍地都是帅哥 而且 |
[17:43] | You know, I-I just wondered what… | 你们懂的 我当时只是在想 |
[17:45] | what people would think of me. | 人们会怎么看我 |
[17:47] | Yeah, I get that, but why? | 我明白那种感觉 但为什么 |
[17:49] | What do you mean, “Why?” | 什么”为什么” |
[17:51] | Because people’s opinions matter. | 因为人们的看法很重要 |
[17:53] | – Yeah, but why? – Well, I mean, bec… | – 是 但为什么 – 我的意思是 因为 |
[17:54] | These don’t feel like questions any logical human has to answer. | 这听起来不像是正常人类需要回答的问题 |
[17:57] | Caring what people think is me and Jazz’s whole life. | 我和Jazz从出生开始就在介意别人的看法 |
[18:01] | It’s why we live this fake-ass front. | 这是我们假装如此光鲜的原因 |
[18:02] | Yeah. If we don’t make it, | 是啊 如果我们做不到 |
[18:04] | we end up back in the hood, | 我们就得回到贫民区 |
[18:06] | jerking off some guy who sells incense and tube socks | 给某个卖熏香和长筒袜的男人 |
[18:08] | behind the donut shop. | 在甜甜圈店旁打飞机 |
[18:09] | – Like… – Whoa. | – 就是 – 喔哦 |
[18:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:13] | I totally feel like you guys | 我感觉你们 |
[18:14] | just skipped over multiple steps on your spiral down. | 在这个堕落的过程中跳了几大步 |
[18:17] | – Yeah. – If we go back home, | – 是啊 – 如果我们就这么回家 |
[18:19] | we’re not just failures to ourselves. | 我们不仅辜负了自己 |
[18:21] | We’ve let everybody down. | 还辜负了所有人 |
[18:23] | We’re losers. | 我们就成了废柴 |
[18:25] | Total disappointments. | 令人彻底失望 |
[18:29] | I mean, there’s jobs at the post office. | 我说 可以在邮局工作啊 |
[18:31] | The DMV, personal trainer, those sign-turning guys. | 还可以去机动车部门 或者做私教 转标志牌 |
[18:34] | I just feel like there’s a couple other options | 我寻思着有那么多别的选项可以选 |
[18:38] | before, you know, the donut-shop situation. | 也不至于沦落到甜甜圈店那样 |
[18:42] | I totally get not wanting to be a disappointment. | 我完全明白不想让别人失望的心情 |
[18:46] | Why do you guys think I haven’t come out to my family yet? | 不然你们以为我为什么还没向家里人出柜 |
[18:51] | I mean, like, would they still love me? | 我是说 他们还会继续爱我吗 |
[18:53] | Sure. | 当然会 |
[18:53] | But would they look at me differently? | 但他们会用不一样的眼光看我吗 |
[18:55] | I don’t know, and I don’t want to know. | 我不知道 也不想知道 |
[18:57] | I just… I want to be their daughter, | 我只是 我想做他们的女儿 |
[19:00] | not their bisexual daughter. | 而不是他们的双性恋女儿 |
[19:03] | You got to live your life out loud | 你得活出自我 |
[19:05] | or else you’ll end up like my dad. | 不然就会变成我爸这样 |
[19:08] | Your dad’s a closeted bisexual? | 你爸是个深柜同性恋吗 |
[19:11] | Worse, he’s a bum. | 更糟 他是垃圾 |
[19:12] | Ah, that’s messed up. | 那真是太糟了 |
[19:14] | My guy, when’s the last time you’ve seen him? | 老哥 你上次见他是什么时候 |
[19:18] | I don’t know, in person? | 我不知道 你说当面吗 |
[19:21] | Last week when he dropped me off. | 上周他把我送过来的时候 |
[19:22] | We Skyped this morning about our Catalina trip. | 我们今早还视频通话了 讨论卡特琳娜岛之旅 |
[19:26] | Wait, you Skyped? | 等等 你们视频了 |
[19:28] | Oh, my God, is he one of those | 我的天啊 他是不是那种 |
[19:29] | homeless dudes with a cellphone? | 带着手机的流浪汉 |
[19:30] | That drives me crazy. | 这种人能把我逼疯 |
[19:33] | – Me too. – W-What? No. | – 我也是 – 什么 不是 |
[19:35] | W-Well, then what is it, bro? | 那到底是什么情况 兄弟 |
[19:37] | Is he a… he’s an alcoholic, he’s on drugs, what’s up? | 他是酗酒还是吸毒啊 怎么回事 |
[19:40] | He’s a fucking cab driver. | 他是个天杀的出租车司机 |
[19:44] | A cab driver… who beats your mom? | 一个对你妈家暴的出租车司机 |
[19:46] | No, he worships my mom. | 不 他崇拜我妈 |
[19:49] | Okay, so, like, in Hindi, does “Bum” mean, like, | 好吧 所以在印度语里 “垃圾”的意思是不是 |
[19:51] | a present and supportive father? | 一个在你身边支持你的爸爸 |
[19:53] | – Mm. That’s got to be what it is. – Yeah. Totally. | – 肯定是这个意思 – 绝对是 |
[19:55] | He’s a bum because he never tried. | 他是垃圾 因为他从不尝试 |
[19:56] | He’s a smart guy, | 他很聪明 |
[19:57] | but he’s been driving that stupid cab for 35 years. | 但已经开了35年出租车了 |
[19:59] | Dude’s got no ambition. | 一点野心都没有 |
[20:02] | You mean, other than fleeing a third-world country? | 你是指 比起他逃离了第三世界国家这件事 |
[20:06] | Developing a high-level understanding of English? | 以及形成了高水平的英语理解能力 |
[20:09] | Loving his wife? | 深爱他的妻子 |
[20:11] | And putting his son through college? | 还供儿子上大学 |
[20:18] | Dude’s a bum. | 就是个垃圾 |
[20:20] | I’m a bad person. | 我是个坏人 |
[20:22] | – Huh? – She said she was a bad person. | – 啥 – 她说她是个坏人 |
[20:24] | Yeah, I heard what she said. Thank you. | 我听见她说什么了 谢谢 |
[20:26] | I want to know why she said it. | 我想知道她为什么这么说 |
[20:27] | Probably ’cause she thinks she’s not a good person. | 大概是因为她觉得自己不是个好人吧 |
[20:29] | I don’t remember talking to you, bro. | 我没有在和你说话 兄弟 |
[20:31] | Why don’t you just shut the… | 你能不能闭上 |
[20:32] | How about you… | 为什么你不 |
[20:33] | – Hey, you guys. – You’re always talking. | – 行了 你们俩 – 你一直在说话 |
[20:35] | – You guys. – Flat-top head. | – 各位 – 愣头青 |
[20:37] | No, ’cause he’s always doing that. | 不 因为他一直是这个德行 |
[20:38] | – Chill out. – No, he’s a… | – 冷静点 – 不 他就是个 |
[20:41] | Hey. Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[20:45] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[20:46] | I don’t know why, | 我不知道为什么 |
[20:47] | but at that moment, | 但就在那一刻 |
[20:48] | something came over me. | 我被什么东西触动了 |
[20:50] | Maybe it was hearing Vivek talk about his dad, | 可能是因为Vivek谈他爸爸的事 |
[20:53] | or Nomi being honest about her sexuality, | 或者是Nomi直言不讳她的性取向 |
[20:56] | or maybe it was just because | 也有可能只是因为 |
[20:57] | I’d done such a shitty thing to Ana, | 我那样对待Ana |
[21:00] | but I felt compelled to keep opening up. | 但我感觉我被推动着继续打开心扉 |
[21:03] | I realized that the first time I was out on my own, | 我意识到这是我第一次独自出门在外 |
[21:05] | the first chance to make my own decision, | 第一次有机会来自己做决定 |
[21:08] | I made the wrong one, | 却做出了错误的选择 |
[21:09] | and I had done it so easily. | 而且做得那么轻而易举 |
[21:11] | What did that say about me? | 那意味着我是什么样的人 |
[21:13] | Was that the person I really was? | 那是我真正的样子吗 |
[21:15] | The thought of that scared me, | 这种想法令我害怕 |
[21:17] | but I wasn’t alone in my feeling. | 但我并不孤单 |
[21:19] | We were all scared. | 我们都在害怕着什么 |
[21:25] | One by one, I looked around | 我一个一个人看过去 |
[21:26] | and saw a group of strangers with nothing in common | 看到一群没有任何相似之处的陌生人 |
[21:30] | look at each other and see their truest selves | 看着彼此 看到他们真实的自我 |
[21:32] | reflected in the eyes of people they would soon call family. | 倒映在这些即将成为家人的人眼中 |
[21:38] | In fact, the more we cried, | 事实上 我们越是哭泣 |
[21:40] | the more we realized exactly why | 越真切地意识到究竟为何 |
[21:42] | we all had stumbled into this crazy class, | 我们误打误撞地来到这个疯狂的课堂 |
[21:45] | and it wasn’t drones. | 并不是为了无人机 |
[21:53] | Dear Professor Dr. Telphy, | 亲爱的Telphy博士教授 |
[21:56] | you asked us to write down why we’re taking this class, | 你让我们写下自己来上这门课的原因 |
[21:59] | and the honest truth is we’re scared. | 真相是 我们很害怕 |
[22:02] | Scared that maybe we’re a person | 害怕自己其实是 |
[22:04] | we wouldn’t like very much if we met. | 我们并不喜欢的那种人 |
[22:06] | Scared we’re people who are gonna let our communities down. | 害怕我们会辜负自己的社群 |
[22:10] | Scared we’re people our parents might think different of | 害怕我们是那种 一旦被父母发现 |
[22:13] | if they really knew. | 就会被另眼相看的人 |
[22:15] | Scared of becoming our parents, | 害怕成为我们父母那样的人 |
[22:17] | and in some of our cases, | 以及作为某种个例 |
[22:19] | scared of losing one of our 17 thumb rings. | 害怕失去自己17个指环中的任何一个 |
[22:24] | That was a moment that bonded us forever. | 那是一个将我们永远联结起来的时刻 |
[22:27] | It was a moment we never talked about again. | 也是我们再也不会谈起的时刻 |
[22:29] | It was a moment that was ours. | 那个时刻属于我们 |
[22:35] | The next night, I was feeling more confident | 第二天晚上 我感觉自信多了 |
[22:37] | that although I would still make mistakes, | 尽管我依然会犯错误 |
[22:39] | I was determined to make better choices | 我已经下定决心要做出更好的选择 |
[22:41] | and be a better person overall. | 总之 要做个更好的人 |
[22:43] | Hey, Tara, what’s up with the box? | 嘿 Tara 这个盒子是干嘛的 |
[22:45] | Oh. | 噢 |
[22:46] | A new single just opened up over at Cardinal Towers. | 红衣主教塔那儿有一个新的单间 |
[22:49] | I’m out of here. | 我要离开这儿了 |
[22:50] | So you’re moving out? | 所以你要从这儿搬走吗 |
[22:51] | Yep. | 没错 |
[22:53] | I like to study naked. | 我喜欢全裸学习 |
[22:54] | It’s probably better for both of us. | 这对你我来说可能都更好 |
[22:56] | But don’t worry, | 不过别担心 |
[22:57] | they already assigned you a new roommate. | 他们已经给你安排了新室友 |
[22:58] | She’s in there unpacking. | 她已经在里面放行李了 |
[23:00] | She seems cool. | 她人看起来不错 |
[23:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:06] | Ohh. | 噢 |