时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Social media is everywhere. | 社交媒体无处不在 |
[00:04] | It seems like every day there’s a brand new way to chat, | 好像每天都会出现一种新的方式 |
[00:07] | text, hit on, or hate on the world around us. | 让我们聊天 搭讪 或者是吐槽 |
[00:12] | In my dad’s day, the main technological advancement | 在我老爸那时候 通讯技术最大的进步 |
[00:15] | in communication was this. | 是这样的 |
[00:17] | Dre. Do you know some girl named Lisa? | Dre 你认识一个叫Lisa的妹子吗 |
[00:23] | Lisa Lisa? | |
[00:25] | No, no, I don’t know no Lisa. | 不 不 我不认识什么Lisa |
[00:27] | Oh, oh, you don’t know me now?! | 好啊 现在你不认识我了 |
[00:29] | Lisa Lisa? | |
[00:31] | Janet Janet? | |
[00:32] | Dear black Jesus! | 亲爱的黑人上帝啊 |
[00:34] | How are you both on the line at the same damn time? | 见鬼了 你们两个怎么能同时在线上 |
[00:36] | I got three-way calling, you . | 我有三线通话服务 你个傻X |
[00:40] | Why would the phone company do something like this? | 电话公司怎么会开发这种东西 |
[00:43] | And while we’re more advanced now, | 现在技术更发达了 |
[00:45] | we’re also more dependent on technology than ever. | 我们也前所未有的更加依赖技术 |
[00:50] | One might say we’re addicted. | 可能有人会觉得我们上瘾了 |
[00:55] | There’s actually scientific evidence | 确实有科学证据证明 |
[00:57] | our brains get a boost of dopamine, | 当我们收到新消息或被点赞时 |
[00:59] | like a chemical reward whenever we get a text or a like. | 大脑就会释放大量的多巴胺作为奖励机制 |
[01:05] | I’d like to say I’m above it all. | 虽然我很想说我没有那么上瘾 |
[01:07] | But there is nothing better than sharing the amazing news | 但告诉8000多个粉丝我拿到了理想的实习 |
[01:10] | of your dream fellowship with 8,000 of your closest friends. | 感觉实在是太爽了 |
[01:53] | Okay, so I got my fellowship at Teen Vogue, | 我在时尚手册公司拿到了实习 |
[01:56] | and really, it’s no big deal. | 说真的 不是什么大事 |
[02:02] | I’m lying. | 我瞎说的 |
[02:03] | It’s the biggest deal of all time! | 这简直是天大的事 |
[02:07] | I mean, look at this place. | 我是说 看看这地方 |
[02:08] | Can you believe I am barely getting paid to be here? | 你敢相信这个地方会花钱雇我吗 |
[02:11] | The clothes. | 看看这些衣服 |
[02:17] | The people. | 看看这些人 |
[02:24] | The bathroom. | 看看这卫生间 |
[02:27] | Come on. Baby wipes? | 天哪 婴儿厕纸 |
[02:28] | This is just a first-class institution. | 这简直是超一流的机构 |
[02:32] | I’m not one to be dramatic, | 我不想小题大做 |
[02:33] | but if today were my last day on Earth, I’d be okay with it. | 但我真的已经死而无憾了 |
[02:39] | I was living an actual dream. | 我就好像活在梦里面 |
[02:41] | And interestingly enough, I was living it with my friend. | 有趣的是 我的朋友也和我活在梦里面 |
[02:44] | Well, more like a friend with benefits. | 其实 他更像是我的炮友 |
[02:46] | But there’s actually not that many benefits | 不过也没有那么多的 炮 |
[02:49] | because he owes me money. | 因为他欠我钱 |
[02:50] | He’s more like a friend with history. | 他更像是我有过一段故事的朋友 |
[02:52] | But honestly, there’s not that much history, either, | 但其实也没那么多故事 |
[02:55] | because all we did was make out a few times. | 因为我们不过就是亲热了几次 |
[02:57] | But he does owe me some money. | 但他确实欠我一些钱 |
[02:59] | Like, a pretty significant amount of money. | 相当相当多的钱 |
[03:03] | God, Luca is so cute. | 上帝啊 Luca太帅了 |
[03:05] | I mean, there’s maybe three other people on this planet | 除了他 全世界可能只有三个人 |
[03:08] | that could pull off pajama pants and Gucci slides. | 能把睡裤和Gucci拖鞋穿得这么带感 |
[03:11] | Yeah, he’s bae. | 他酷毙了 |
[03:14] | Hey, Luca, remind me again how you got this job, | 嘿 Luca 再跟我说一遍你怎么得到这份工作的 |
[03:17] | because I don’t remember you applying. | 我记得你没有申请 |
[03:19] | I didn’t. | 确实没有 |
[03:20] | I was kind of just walking to wherever, | 我只是在路上走着 |
[03:22] | and, uh, this girl came up to me and was like, | 然后 有个妹子就过来跟我说 |
[03:24] | “Your pants are fire.” | “你的裤子太帅了” |
[03:26] | So here we are. | 然后就没有然后了 |
[03:31] | Okay, I love your company and your overall fashion sense, | 行吧 和你相处很棒 我也很喜欢你的时尚感 |
[03:34] | but you are not the best storyteller. | 但你讲故事的水平实在太烂了 |
[03:37] | I just don’t think you’re the best listener. | 我觉得是你的倾听能力不太行 |
[03:39] | Remember when I tried to tell you | 还记得我之前给你讲 |
[03:40] | about my father’s alcoholism? | 我爸爸酗酒的故事吗 |
[03:43] | I think he’s talking right now, but I’m not sure because… | 我觉得他正在和我说话 但我不确定 因为 |
[03:46] | …this is happening. | 有人在给我疯狂点赞 |
[03:50] | And, you know, I’m just wondering if those demons | 所以 你懂 我在想这些事情留下的阴影 |
[03:53] | are gonna follow me throughout my life. | 会不会伴随我的一生 |
[03:56] | You know? | 你懂吧 |
[04:00] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯嗯 |
[04:03] | I know last week’s class on the Wu Tang Clan | 我知道上周关于武当帮的课程 |
[04:07] | was overwhelming for some of you all. | 对于部分人来说可能有点难了 |
[04:09] | But please make no mistake. | 但一定注意 |
[04:12] | The section on Raekwon the Chef will be on the midterm. | 期中考试会涉及大厨的内容 |
[04:16] | Mmkay? | 记住了吗 |
[04:17] | Now, for tonight’s class, our lesson is filing taxes. | 好 今晚课程的内容 是填写报税表 |
[04:22] | More specifically, filing my taxes. | 具体地讲 是填写我的报税表 |
[04:25] | Still more specifically, how do I file my taxes? | 再具体点 我该怎么填我的报税表 |
[04:29] | Now, with that being said, I present to you a pop quiz. | 接下来 就进行一下随堂小测 |
[04:35] | Excuse me, sir. These are just blank W-4s. | 不好意思 老师 可这些都是空白的报税表 |
[04:38] | That is correct, Joe. | 没错 Joe |
[04:39] | Now, if you all can fill out these forms | 现在 如果谁能用我的信息 |
[04:42] | using my information, I’m pretty sure an “A” | 把这些表全部填完 |
[04:45] | will be waiting for you on the other side. | 得个”A”肯定是没问题的 |
[04:47] | I’ve also been told that, uh, it helps to have receipts, so… | 我还听说 收据可能会对你们有帮助 |
[04:51] | Oh, hey, Miss Teen Vogue. | 嗨 时尚手册小姐 |
[04:53] | How’s the new gig? | 新工作怎么样 |
[04:54] | You really have to ask? Just check her Insta. | 这还用问吗 看她的Ins就知道了 |
[04:57] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[04:59] | It just means you’re flooding our feeds, boo. | 意思是你总在疯狂刷屏 大妹子 |
[05:00] | Yeah, I had to comb through 67 of your bathroom selfies | 没错 我得翻过67条你在卫生间的自拍 |
[05:03] | just to find a picture of my cousin getting married. | 才能看到一张我表亲结婚的照片 |
[05:06] | What? I’m excited. I’m loving my new job | 有吗 我就是太激动了 我爱我的新工作 |
[05:09] | and loving the followers I’m getting loving my new job. | 也爱那些因为我爱我的新工作而关注我的粉丝们 |
[05:12] | – Yesterday… – Hmm? | – 昨天 – 怎么了 |
[05:13] | …Janelle Monae liked one of my photos. | Janelle Monae 给我的一张照片点赞了 |
[05:15] | Stop. I can’t. Janelle Monae is so overrated. | 快住嘴 我不行了 Janelle Monae太被当回事了 |
[05:18] | – Oh, Nomi, don’t do that. – Don’t do what? | – 天 Nomi 你又开始了 – 我怎么了 |
[05:21] | The thing you do when you think that somebody’s too famous | 每次你觉得某人太红了 |
[05:23] | and/or successful | 或者成就太高了 |
[05:24] | and you feel like you have to cut them down to size. | 你就一定要损人家一下 |
[05:26] | Excuse me, okay? | 你他妈说什么呢 |
[05:28] | I may be a lot of things, but I’m not a troll. | 我可能是有缺点 但绝对不是个爱喷人的键盘侠 |
[05:37] | Blake Griffin和椰菜娃娃有什么共同点 一模一样 #太丑了 | |
[05:44] | No? | 不是吗 |
[05:44] | I have strong opinions, and I share them, okay? | 我对事物有很强的见解 并且乐于分享 好吗 |
[05:48] | I mean, I’m, like, basically Gloria Steinem. | 我是说 我基本上就像是Gloria Steinem |
[05:50] | Are you really getting caught up in that stuff? | 你们真的觉得这些事有意义吗 |
[05:52] | Look, social media is a legitimate tool | 听着 社交媒体是一种合法的 |
[05:54] | to affect the world. | 能够影响世界的工具 |
[05:55] | Power to the digital people. | 这就是网络时代的力量 |
[05:56] | I never like, comment, post, retweet anything | 我从来不会点赞 评论 发布 转发什么内容 |
[05:59] | unless it aligns with my, you know, political progressive vision. | 除非它和我的 你懂 左派政治观点一致 |
[06:02] | Word. That’s fire. Uh, what’s your handle? | 说的好 太酷了 你的用户名是什么 |
[06:05] | Oh, it’s @Power2ThaDigitalPeople. | 是”咱们网友有力量” |
[06:08] | Blocked. | 已拉黑 |
[06:12] | Malcolm Extra here is kind of right, though. | 我觉得这位Malcolm Extra说的挺有道理 |
[06:15] | – Thank you. – It’s a tool. | – 谢谢 – 网络确实是个工具 |
[06:17] | We use it to show our potential sponsors | 我们用它向潜在的赞助商 |
[06:19] | that we’re thriving out here. | 展示我们的能力 |
[06:21] | You mean you use it to hide your real selves. | 意思就是 你们用网络隐藏你们真实的自己 |
[06:24] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[06:25] | The only way to keep your online presence clean | 唯一能让你的网络痕迹看起来人畜无害的方法 |
[06:27] | is to go ghost | 就是在网上什么也不做 |
[06:28] | or to bury the dirt south of page 30 on a web search. | 或者把黑历史藏在搜索结果的30页之后 |
[06:31] | That’s why I don’t use social media. | 所以我从不用社交媒体 |
[06:32] | Point blank period. | 我是认真的 |
[06:34] | Boy, please, the only reason why you’re not on social media | 得了吧兄弟 你不用社交媒体的唯一原因 |
[06:36] | is because literally no one cares what you are up to. | 就是根本没人关注你在干嘛 |
[06:39] | Plus there’s no social network for virgin drug dealers. | 另外 贩毒的处男也没有社交圈啊 |
[06:50] | Sushi Tuesday. That’s fire. | 周二是寿司日 酷 |
[06:58] | What’s up, crazy eyes? | 怎么了 你眼睛都在放光 |
[06:59] | Me. I’m what’s up. | 我 我发达了 |
[07:02] | I got a blue check. | 我有了个蓝色对勾 |
[07:05] | Dude, I’m verified! | 朋友 我被认证了 |
[07:07] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[07:08] | Aw, you’re so sweet. | 你真是天真可爱 |
[07:10] | It means that I’m important enough now | 意思是我现在影响力强到 |
[07:12] | that people actually need to know | 人们需要确认 |
[07:14] | that I’m the real Zoey Johnson, so kind of a big deal. | 我的账号是我本人 这很厉害的 |
[07:18] | Word. That’s crazy. | 确实挺酷 |
[07:19] | So, what does it mean to have two? | 那有两个对勾是什么意思 |
[07:27] | I couldn’t believe my eyes. | 我简直不敢相信我的眼睛 |
[07:29] | There they were, two blue checks side by side | 两个蓝色对勾 并排出现在我眼前 |
[07:34] | on a pristine nimbus-colored background. | 好像背景闪耀着崭新的光环 |
[07:36] | I thought it was still in beta testing. | 我还以为双对勾还在测试阶段 |
[07:39] | You good? You’re sweating. | 你没事吧 你在出汗 |
[07:41] | It’s probably just a glitch. | 很可能只是有点不舒服 |
[07:43] | I’m a star. | 我是红人了 |
[07:44] | Hi, everyone. Gather around. | 大家好 都过来一下 |
[07:47] | I have a little bit of an announcement to make. | 我有件事情要宣布 |
[07:49] | Come on, guys. | 大家快过来一下 |
[07:51] | So, as editor-in-chief of Teen Vogue, | 作为时尚手册的主编 |
[07:54] | each semester I get to hand-select one of the fellows | 每一季我都要从你们中选一个人 |
[07:57] | to shadow me through all of my day-to-day responsibilities. | 跟进我的日常工作 |
[08:00] | And after much deliberation, | 经过多方面考虑 |
[08:02] | I have decided to go with… | 最终的人选是 |
[08:07] | Zoey Johnson …Zoey Johnson. | |
[08:16] | Can I have a quick word with you? | 我能和你说几句话吗 |
[08:17] | Yeah, of course. | 当然了 |
[08:20] | So, congrats. | 恭喜你 |
[08:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:22] | So I hear you are very active on social media. | 我听说你在社交媒体上非常活跃 |
[08:25] | Oh, yeah. Just got verified, yeah. | 是 我刚刚被认证了 耶 |
[08:28] | Right. So here’s the thing to remember. | 好 记住一件事 |
[08:31] | Your behavior now reflects upon Teen Vogue, | 你的一言一行都会影响时尚手册的形象 |
[08:33] | so I’m gonna tell you something | 所以我有些话要告诉你 |
[08:35] | that someone told me when I was in your position. | 这些话当年我在你这个位置的时候也有人对我说过 |
[08:39] | Don’t embarrass me or this office. | 别给我 或者公司丢脸 |
[08:42] | I can do that all by myself. | 我一个人就够了 |
[08:45] | Understood? | 明白吗 |
[08:47] | Understood. | 明白了 |
[08:47] | I knew you would. Congrats. | 我就知道你会明白的 恭喜 |
[08:49] | – Thank you. – Bye, Zoey. | – 谢谢 – 拜 Zoey |
[08:52] | Congratulations, fam. | 恭喜啊 大兄弟 |
[08:54] | Luca, did you hear what she said? | Luca 你听见她说的话了吗 |
[08:56] | About my social media and me not embarrassing her? | 关于我的社交账号和别让她丢脸的事 |
[08:59] | Dude, she’s watching me. | 兄弟 她在视奸我 |
[09:01] | Okay, but we’re always being watched. | 那又如何 我们无时无刻不被监视啊 |
[09:03] | Either it’s our tablets, TVs, phones, watches, | 不管是平板电脑 电视 手机 手表 |
[09:05] | microwave, toasters, satellites. | 还是微波炉 吐司机 卫星 |
[09:07] | Okay, Luca, I need to focus right now. | 好吧 Luca 我现在需要集中精力 |
[09:08] | I can’t risk it, you know? | 我不能冒险 你懂吧 |
[09:10] | This… This means too much for me, | 这个 这对我来说很重要 |
[09:12] | which means I am going on… | 意味着我就要 |
[09:16] | …A social media blackout. | 停止更新我的账号了 |
[09:19] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[09:19] | California yellowfin? | 加州金枪鱼 |
[09:21] | Oddly specific, and no, thanks? | 好怪异 不用了 谢谢 |
[09:28] | To my 15,000 closest friends, | 致我那一万五千名粉丝 |
[09:30] | I am sorry to say we are no longer “Outchea.” | 我很抱歉我们不会再”出来”了 |
[09:38] | So I had made my Sophie’s Choice… | 所以 我艰难的做出了选择 |
[09:40] | social media or my dream fellowship. | 社交媒体还是梦寐以求的工作 |
[09:43] | I was gonna have to pull a Lebron in the playoffs | 我将会光荣引退 |
[09:46] | and go “Zero Dark Thirty”… full social media blackout. | 切换到”深夜模式” 完全远离社交媒体 |
[10:01] | But it’s all good. | 但是这都没关系 |
[10:02] | I wasn’t about to risk this new life for anything. | 我不会用我的新生活去冒任何风险 |
[10:04] | I was finally working in fashion. | 我终于一脚踏进时尚圈了 |
[10:08] | The crazy thing is, once you go off the grid, | 神奇的是 一旦你给自己断了网 |
[10:12] | you begin to realize how the rest of the world | 你就会开始认识到其他人 |
[10:14] | really has a problem. | 好像真的有问题 |
[10:22] | 状态: 穿过大厅 | |
[10:31] | As the obvious role model of the group, | 作为这群人的榜样 |
[10:33] | it’s my duty to guide them. | 我有义务引导他们 |
[10:35] | Okay, guys, guys, what I’m seeing here is upsetting. | 嘿 同志们 同志们 你们这实在是太可悲了 |
[10:38] | We are four people in the prime of our lives. | 作为四个花季少男少女 |
[10:41] | Shouldn’t we be talking, sharing ideas or something? | 难道我们不应该热烈讨论 交流观点或者别的什么吗 |
[10:43] | Like, phones down. Come on. | 比如 把手机都放下来 快点 |
[10:45] | Whoa, whoa, fall back, weirdo. | 哇哦 靠边 怪胎 |
[10:46] | I am posting for political change. | 我正在发博号召政治变革呢 |
[10:47] | I just started following this account, | 我刚刚关注这个账号 |
[10:49] | and all their stuff is about prison reform and social justice, | 讲的都是监狱改革和社会公平 |
[10:51] | so I’m retweeting all their stuff. | 我在忙着转发他们所有内容 |
[11:01] | Nomi Nomi? | |
[11:02] | Nomi, can we get some eye contact going? | Nomi 能不能看我一眼 |
[11:04] | Come on. Tell me about your day. | 来嘛 告诉我你一天都干了些什么 |
[11:05] | Can’t. At war. | 不行 吵架呢 |
[11:07] | With who? | 和谁 |
[11:08] | Who do you think? | 你觉得是谁 |
[11:10] | Janelle Monae Janelle Monae? | |
[11:11] | That “Hidden Figures” Bitch hit you back? | 那个当面一套背后一套的婊子回复你了吗 |
[11:13] | – No. – Ana, you’re in on this, too? | – 不是 – Ana 你也参与了 |
[11:15] | What? I’m tired of her thinking she’s hot shit | 什么 我烦死她因为会数数 |
[11:18] | just ’cause she can count? | 就没逼数的自以为很红了 |
[11:20] | She needs to be put in her place. | 她需要摆正自己的位置 |
[11:21] | Since when? | 从什么时候开始 |
[11:22] | Trolling is the great American art form. | 互喷在美国是一项伟大的艺术 |
[11:25] | I mean, think about it. | 我的意思是 想象一下吧 |
[11:26] | We finally get to take shots at whoever we want, | 我们终于可以随时对任何一个人开炮 |
[11:29] | whenever we want, with no repercussions. | 不用承担任何后果 |
[11:32] | I mean, look at our President. | 我是说 看看我们的总统 |
[11:33] | He trolled his way into the White House. | 他发推特喷人喷进了白宫 |
[11:39] | Come on, Zo. You should just join us. | 来嘛 Zo 你也该加入我们 |
[11:41] | Nomi and I have never been closer. | 我跟Nomi从没有像现在这样亲近过 |
[11:43] | Okay, I’m gonna sit this one out. | 好吧 我就静静地看着你们不说话 |
[11:48] | Great. | 好极了 |
[11:50] | The hurdles are just a matter of form, ladies. | 跨栏不过是一种形式 姑娘们 |
[11:53] | Your legs should move like a swan’s through water. | 你们的腿应该像天鹅划水那样从容 |
[11:56] | Allow me to demonstrate. | 让我演示一下 |
[11:58] | – Oh. – Like that. | – 哦 – 就像这样 |
[11:59] | Thank you so much, Dean Parker. | 太感谢了 Parker院长 |
[12:01] | Yeah, we’ll be sure to remember that if we ever do the hurdles. | 没错 我们肯定会记得的 如果我们去跨栏的话 |
[12:05] | Happy to help. That’s why they call me “The cool dean.” | 很高兴能帮上忙 这就是为什么他们叫我”酷院长” |
[12:07] | You teaching the ladies something new, D.P.? | 你在教这些女士们新东西吗 DP |
[12:09] | You know, I actually just recently learned about something crazy. | 你看 我最近了解到了一些厉害的玩意儿 |
[12:13] | You ever heard of a “Finsta”? | 你们听说过”假号”吗 |
[12:15] | I mean, I am the cool dean, so… | 我说了 我是个酷院长 所以 |
[12:18] | why don’t you give me your definition? | 为什么不告诉我你的理解呢 |
[12:20] | Well, it’s a second Instagram account | 就是你只会告诉你最亲近的朋友的 |
[12:21] | that you only gave your closest peeps access to | 另一个ins账号 |
[12:24] | so you can post pics of yourself partying and acting reckless. | 你就可以放一些派对上的丑照 |
[12:28] | Oh, yeah. A “Finsta.” | 哦 没错 “假号” |
[12:31] | Now, completely unrelated, I’m going to go call my wife. | 现在 说句无关的事 我要去给我老婆打个电话 |
[12:36] | Boom. | 看 |
[12:41] | Fix your faces. | 注意你们的表情管理 |
[12:42] | – Where did you find that? – How did you find that? | – 你在哪找到的 – 怎么找到的 |
[12:44] | Little tip, ladies… Don’t ever come after V-Digital | 女士们 给你们个小建议 不要挑战威大帝的尊严 |
[12:46] | unless you’ve got an army with you. | 除非你们带着一支军队 |
[12:48] | I’m a computer engineer. | 我可是个计算机工程师 |
[12:53] | It had been a couple days | 我切换到”深夜模式” |
[12:55] | since I’d gone “Zero Dark Zoey,” | 已经有好几天了 |
[12:57] | and I felt… great, actually. | 事实上 我感觉棒极了 |
[13:00] | Sure, there were a few times I wish I wasn’t off the grid. | 当然了 也有几次我希望我还能上网 |
[13:03] | You know, that dress would make | 你看 这条裙子绝对能上 |
[13:04] | – a killer “Outfit of the Day” Post. – Oh, thank you. | “今日潮流穿搭” – 谢谢夸奖 |
[13:16] | Take a picture with your mind, Zoey. | 用你的大脑拍张照 Zoey |
[13:21] | It’s the best way to build a memory. | 这是形成记忆的最好方法 |
[13:26] | – Hey, Zoey. – Hey. | – 嘿 Zoey – 嘿 |
[13:27] | Bruno Mars is here, and he wants a PB&J. | Bruno Mars来了 他想吃花生酱果酱三明治 |
[13:29] | Can you make it in the kitchen and bring it to my office? | 你能在厨房做一个然后送到我的办公室吗 |
[13:31] | – Yeah. – Amazing. | – 行 – 太好了 |
[13:32] | Oh, and by the way, cut off the crusts. | 哦对了 面包记得要去边 |
[13:34] | I legitimately can’t tell how old he is. | 我看不出来他多大了 |
[13:36] | Okay, got it. | 明白了 |
[13:44] | How old is Bruno Mars? | Bruno Mars多大了 |
[13:48] | Aaron, we really need your help. Ana screwed up. | Aaron 我们迫切需要你的帮助 Ana搞砸了 |
[13:51] | – What?! No, you were the one who… – Okay, we both screwed up. | – 什么 是你搞砸 – 好吧 我们都搞砸了 |
[13:53] | We really pissed off a bunch of Janelle Monae fans. | 我们惹了一大批Janelle Monae的粉丝 |
[13:56] | Oh, damn. They wear their hair natural. | 靠 他们阴晴不定的 |
[13:59] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[14:00] | Uh, that means they could either be completely chill about this | 意思是他们既完全可能不当回事 |
[14:03] | or black the out. | 也可能会大闹一场 |
[14:05] | – That doesn’t sound good. – No. | – 听起来不太妙 – 不 |
[14:06] | What did you do? | 你干什么了 |
[14:08] | I told Janelle that her last album was a brick, | 我说Janelle的上一张专辑就是块板砖 |
[14:11] | said that she sucked ass in “Moonlight,” | 她在<月光男孩>里面演技烂穿地心 |
[14:12] | and because grain alcohol should not be legal, | 以及因为谷物酒精不应该被合法化 |
[14:15] | I told her to shut her dick trap forever. | 我让她闭上那张逼嘴 |
[14:17] | Hmm. All those things, huh? | 就这些 嗯哼 |
[14:19] | And then I tweeted a comment | 然后我发了一条推特 |
[14:20] | that, in hindsight, feels aggressively sus. | 现在看来 非常的偏激 |
[14:24] | What did you say? | 你说什么了 |
[14:25] | “Black or white, bitch. Pick a side.” | “黑还是白 贱人选一边” |
[14:26] | Whoa! That’s… | 哇 你也太 |
[14:27] | I was just talking about her choice in fashion. | 我只是想说她对时尚的选择 |
[14:30] | You know, like the tuxedos and the monochrome look. | 你懂 比如她那个燕尾服和黑白风的造型 |
[14:33] | What did you do? | 你干嘛了 |
[14:34] | Um, I followed it up with a black middle finger emoji | 呃 我回复了一个黑人版竖中指的表情 |
[14:37] | and then a white middle finger emoji. | 和一个白人版竖中指的表情 |
[14:38] | Right, right, ’cause that would be the next logical step, right? | 好吧好吧 因为那是合乎逻辑的步骤 对吧 |
[14:41] | It felt like it at the time. | 我当时是这么感觉的 |
[14:43] | Yo, hold up. Why am I getting so many notifications? | 等一下 我怎么跳出这么多通知 |
[14:46] | I have 300 new followers, | 我多了300个粉丝 |
[14:47] | and they all look like frogs for some strange reason. | 奇怪的是他们看起来都像法国佬 |
[14:50] | – Frogs? – Yeah. | – 法国佬 – 是啊 |
[14:51] | Hold on. You said you’ve been posting a lot of links lately, right? | 等等 你是不是说你最近发了很多链接 |
[14:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:56] | Maybe double-check what you’ve been linking to. | 你应该再确认一下这些链接都是什么 |
[14:58] | Okay, I’m pretty sure I know what I was linking to, | 我很确定我的链接都是什么 |
[15:01] | – but whatever. – What’s the verdict? | – 但检查一下也没什么 – 什么结果 |
[15:03] | Hold on, looking here, looking here. | 等一下 看这个 看这个 |
[15:05] | Oh… ohh. | 喔 |
[15:07] | Damn. | 妈的 |
[15:08] | Um, okay, well, | 呃 怎么说呢 好吧 |
[15:10] | the True American Justice Project might actually be | 这个所谓的真正的美国司法项目可能是个 |
[15:13] | a, uh… It says it’s an alt-right group | 呃 上面说这是一个极右团体 |
[15:15] | in favor of privatizing prisons | 支持监狱私有化 |
[15:16] | and “One strike, you’re out” Laws. | 还有”一次罢工 你就完蛋”的条例 |
[15:20] | Let me see. “Immigration isn’t the problem.” | 让我看看 “移民不是问题” |
[15:24] | See? | 看到了 |
[15:26] | “It’s Mexican gay Muslims.” | “问题在于墨西哥同性恋穆斯林” |
[15:28] | Yeah, I would double-check that next time. | 如果是我 我下次会多检查一下 |
[15:35] | Here. | 放这 |
[15:37] | Oh. Okay. We just murdered this. | 好的 我们终于干完了 |
[15:40] | Big facts. | 大事啊 |
[15:41] | You know we have to celebrate. | 我们得庆祝一下 |
[15:43] | Uh, I can’t. I got a thing. | 呃 我不行 我有点事 |
[15:44] | Oh, what you getting into? | 哦 你要去干什么 |
[15:46] | Got this art show, but not. | 我要办个艺术展 呃也许不算 |
[15:48] | But there’s music, but it’s very much not about the music. | 不过会有音乐 但不全是关于音乐 |
[15:51] | Uh, I don’t really have all the details. | 呃 我其实并没想好细节 |
[15:52] | I’m just meeting friends. | 我只是见见朋友 |
[15:53] | Oh, okay, that sounds… dope. | 哦 好的 听起来 很酷 |
[15:56] | It is in a “Not dope” Way. | 事实上是”不酷”的类型 |
[15:59] | – Have… Have fun. – Yep. | – 祝你 祝你玩得开心 – 好的 |
[16:06] | So I’d stayed off social media | 我远离了社交网络 |
[16:07] | and worked my ass off at my Teen Vogue fellowship. | 为了时尚手册简直忙出屎 |
[16:11] | I just needed to tell the world | 我得告诉全世界 |
[16:12] | this was my feeling when I handled my business. | 这就游刃有余的感觉 |
[16:44] | 时尚手册的 员工是不是 泄露了神魔之惧 下一季新品 | |
[16:52] | And this is that feeling when you know you’re screwed. | 而这就是你知道你完蛋了的时候的感觉 |
[16:57] | So, I had accidentally leaked a picture | 事情是这样 我不小心在一张照片中 |
[16:59] | of the as-yet unrevealed Fear of God Fall 2018 collection | 泄露了神魔之惧尚未发布的2018季的新品 |
[17:03] | to the entire online world, | 这下全网都知道了 |
[17:05] | a mistake that clearly anyone could have made. | 这是一个任何人都有可能犯的错误 |
[17:09] | And I was hopeful that people would have kept | 我希望等我赶到办公室的时候 |
[17:11] | that sense of perspective in mind when I got to the office. | 人们都看不见我 |
[17:14] | Zoey Zoey. | |
[17:16] | What were you thinking? | 你脑子里在想什么 |
[17:18] | Elaine, I am so sorry. | Elaine 我真的非常抱歉 |
[17:19] | I screwed up big-time, but it was late. | 我完全搞砸了 但当时太晚了 |
[17:22] | I was tired, and we had just finished the preliminary layout, | 我太累了 我们当时刚刚完成初步的设计 |
[17:24] | – and it looked good… – Okay, I’m gonna stop you right there. | – 看起来非常好 – 好的 我得打断你了 |
[17:26] | I asked you not to embarrass me. | 我告诉过你不要让我丢脸 |
[17:29] | – Yeah. – And that’s exactly what you did. | – 是的 – 但你恰恰这么做了 |
[17:30] | Mm-hmm. | 呃 |
[17:31] | That little selfie you posted | 你发出去的那张小自拍 |
[17:33] | damaged an invaluable advertiser relationship. | 破坏了我们和广告商无法用价值衡量的关系 |
[17:36] | And now since you basically scooped us, | 现在因为你坑了我们 |
[17:39] | we’re gonna miss out on a major exclusive. | 我们失去了一个大独家 |
[17:42] | You’re off my desk. | 你被降职了 |
[17:44] | And let’s be clear… I’m being very lenient here. | 我要说清楚 这算是宽大处理了 |
[17:46] | Yes, thank you. | 好的 谢谢您 |
[17:48] | Luca? You’re replacing Zoey. | Luca 你来接替Zoey |
[17:50] | Come on. | 快点 |
[17:52] | There’s an editorial meeting in 10 minutes. | 10分钟后有个编辑会议 |
[17:54] | You can take notes. | 你可以来做记录 |
[17:56] | Again, I’m really sorry! | 再一次表示十分抱歉 |
[17:57] | It won’t happen again! | 这类事情不会再发生了 |
[18:00] | Okay, I cannot believe you have my dream job | 好吧 不敢相信你居然得到了我梦寐以求的工作 |
[18:02] | because I made some stupid, little mistake. | 就因为我犯了一个小小的愚蠢的错误 |
[18:05] | I’m sorry, but I also do good work. | 我很抱歉 但我也很不错 |
[18:08] | What? | 什么 |
[18:09] | My shit’s impeccable. | 连我的屎都无可挑剔 |
[18:13] | Great. I had basically been demoted to coffee intern. | 很好 我基本上被降职成端茶倒水的实习生了 |
[18:16] | I was about to lose all my followers… and my mind. | 我会失去我所有的粉丝 我要疯了 |
[18:23] | – Hey, Vivek. – What’s up? | – 嘿 Vivek – 怎么了 |
[18:24] | There they are, the fake-ass Twinstas. | 她们来了 装模做样的双胞胎 |
[18:26] | Aww, you’ve really been feeling yourself lately, | 哇哦 你最近自我感觉良好啊 |
[18:28] | haven’t you, V-Digital? | 对吧 超嗨威大帝 |
[18:30] | I really have been. | 没错 |
[18:31] | Sometimes you just got to regulate a little. | 有时候你得调整一下 |
[18:33] | You know, let people know what time it is. | 你懂的 让人们意识到现在是什么时代 |
[18:34] | Sure. And we appreciate that. | 没错 我们对此很欣赏 |
[18:36] | Plus we learned a lot. | 另外 我们学到了很多 |
[18:38] | That thing about burying stuff below page 30 in the search results? | 比如把不想让人看见的东西隐藏在搜索结果的30页之后 |
[18:42] | Golden. | 太完美了 |
[18:43] | Yeah, because no one looks below page 30. | 是啊 因为没人会看到30页 |
[18:46] | True. | 的确 |
[18:47] | Except us. | 除了我们 |
[18:49] | Hey, Rod, here comes the guy who scratched your bike. | 嘿 Rod 这就是划了你自行车的那小子 |
[18:52] | Hey, what’s up, bro? | 嘿 怎么了兄弟 |
[18:54] | Hey, what’s up, guys? How are y… Oh! | 嘿 怎么了兄弟 你们最近过得 噢 |
[18:56] | Oh, dude! | 哦 老兄 |
[18:57] | Where did you find that? | 你们从哪找出来的 |
[18:59] | Page 31. | 第31页 |
[19:00] | We may not be engineers, | 我们可能不是什么工程师 |
[19:01] | but we sure do know our way around Worldstar. | 但我们很了解世界之星该怎么用 |
[19:05] | Fix your face. | 管理一下你的表情 |
[19:10] | It’s crazy. As young adults, | 这太疯狂了 作为年轻人 |
[19:12] | we were supposed to be making mistakes | 我们就应该不断地犯错 |
[19:14] | so we could figure out who we were. | 这样我们才能探索出真实的自己 |
[19:16] | I can’t believe I got suspended from Twitter. | 真不敢相信我被推特禁言了 |
[19:20] | Dude, I got completely kicked off. | 姐们 我完全被踢出去了 |
[19:23] | Also, Janelle Monae, kind of an American treasure. | 还有 Janelle Monae 确实是美国的珍宝 |
[19:26] | Right? | 对吧 |
[19:28] | We let our jealousy get the best of us. | 我们被嫉妒支配了 |
[19:30] | And the thing about our generation’s mistakes | 我们这一代犯的错误 |
[19:33] | is that they are published for all the world to see | 全都用数字墨水写出来 |
[19:35] | and written in digital ink. | 展示给全世界 |
[19:38] | And you can never know | 你永远不知道 |
[19:40] | when those mistakes can be used against you. | 这些错误什么时候会被用来针对你 |
[19:42] | Yo, Aaron, you all right, man? | 哟 Aaron 还好吗伙计 |
[19:44] | No, no, I am not. | 不 我不好 |
[19:45] | I-I am the new black voice of the alt-right. | 我 我是极右派的新黑人代表 |
[19:48] | Yeah, do you know Ted Nugent follows me? | 你知道吗 Ted Nugent关注我了 |
[19:50] | Who? | 那是谁 |
[19:52] | I want you to picture Satan, | 我想让你想象撒旦的样子 |
[19:54] | but he’s from Michigan and he wears a cowboy hat. | 但是他来自密歇根 戴着一顶牛仔帽 |
[19:57] | Follows me. | 关注我了 |
[19:59] | The bottom line is, the Internet is a minefield, | 归根结底 互联网是个雷区 |
[20:03] | and there was just no room for error. | 你没有犯错的余地 |
[20:07] | And for that reason, | 正因如此 |
[20:09] | it’s hard not to resent being born into the Digital Age. | 我们很难不去怨恨自己出生在数字时代 |
[20:12] | It seems like such a huge disadvantage. | 这好像是个巨大的缺点 |
[20:16] | Oh, oh, my God! I love this song! | 哦 天哪 我喜欢这首歌 |
[20:18] | – Ah, me too! – It’s, um… | – 啊 我也是 – 这首歌叫 呃 |
[20:20] | – What is… Wait. – Who is this now? | – 叫什么来着 等一下 – 现在这个是谁 |
[20:21] | Oh, my God. It’s literally on the tip of my tongue. | 啊天哪 它的名字就在我嘴边打转 |
[20:23] | – It’s the guy. – This is gonna drive me insane. | – 就是那个人 – 我快疯了 |
[20:24] | – Hold on. – Wait, no, no, no, wait! | – 等等 – 等一下 不不不 等一下 |
[20:26] | I got it, I got it. | 我想起来了 我想起来了 |
[20:28] | Relax. Relax! It’s searching. | 安静 安静 我的手机在识别 |
[20:35] | – Ah. – Oh! | – 啊 – 是这个 |
[20:39] | And sometimes it felt like the only thing | 但有时候你也会觉得 生在数字时代 |
[20:41] | you could really think or say about it | 你能想到的或者想说的就只有 |
[20:43] | was “What a time to be alive.” | “活在这个时代真好” |