时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | There are three major components | 有三样主要元素 |
[00:02] | that make college a blast. | 让大学生活多姿多彩 |
[00:05] | Sex… | 性 |
[00:11] | …drugs… | 毒品 |
[00:15] | …and rock ‘n’ roll. | 和摇滚 |
[00:16] | But for me and my friends, | 但对我和我的朋友们来说 |
[00:17] | rock ‘n’ roll was more like hip hop with a hint of trap | 摇滚更像是带着一丝Trap曲风的嘻哈 |
[00:20] | and a former stripper spitting the verse. | 配着一个前脱衣舞者的说唱 |
[00:25] | 毒品,谋杀, 种族与大学 | |
[00:25] | But there’s an underground scene to all of that. | 但这一切有着见不得光的另一面 |
[00:29] | And when it surfaces, | 当它浮现出来时 |
[00:31] | things can get really dark. | 那种阴暗真的触目惊心 |
[00:35] | And when that happens, | 到了那个时候 |
[00:36] | what was supposed to make college the best time of your life | 本该为大学生活增光添彩的东西 |
[00:40] | can actually ruin it. | 反而会毁灭它 |
[00:42] | Hello. | 喂 |
[00:44] | Police everywhere? | 到处都是警察吗 |
[00:46] | Oh, my God, what happened? | 天哪 发生了什么 |
[00:47] | Yo, some guy just got pinched. | 有人被抓了 |
[00:49] | Probably drugs. | 大概是因为毒品 |
[00:51] | Something about a dealer getting popped. | 说是有个毒品贩子被一枪打死了 |
[00:52] | Yep, a classic two to the back of the head. | 典型的死法 后脑勺挨了两下 |
[00:55] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[00:55] | Oh, no. | 糟了 |
[00:57] | I bet it was Vivek. | 我猜死的是Vivek |
[00:58] | Yo, deadass, Vivek’s dead. | 不骗你们 Vivek死了 |
[01:01] | What? | 什么 |
[01:27] | Hey guys. | 大家好啊 |
[01:28] | Did somebody get shot? | 有人中枪了吗 |
[02:04] | So, turns out it wasn’t Vivek. | 所以 中枪的不是Vivek |
[02:07] | It was one of the campus’ biggest drug dealers, Arturo. | 而是学校里最大的毒贩之一 Arturo |
[02:11] | And it wasn’t drugs that put him in the ambulance. | 但把他送进救护车的并不是毒品 |
[02:13] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[02:14] | Arturo’s girlfriend wasn’t thrilled with him throwing it | Arturo睡了女生联谊会里一半的妹子 |
[02:17] | to half the girls in her sorority. | 这让他女朋友很不爽 |
[02:18] | So she shot him? | 所以她就开枪打了他 |
[02:21] | – That’s insane. – That’s cool! | – 简直是疯了 – 简直太酷了 |
[02:22] | Insane. | 真是疯了 |
[02:24] | Obviously insane. | 明显是疯了 |
[02:26] | Well, is there anything I can get you? | 好吧 我能帮你什么吗 |
[02:28] | Wow, your boy is touched you guys were so worried. | 哇 好感动 你们竟然这么担心我 |
[02:32] | Yes. Very worried. | 对 可不是嘛 |
[02:35] | It’s because your names are in my phone asking for pills. | 这都是因为你们在我手机里的顾客名单上吧 |
[02:37] | – What? – What? | – 什么 – 说什么呢 |
[02:39] | This guy. | 这个家伙 |
[02:40] | If you can delete our text history, that’d be great. | 如果你能删除咱们的聊天记录 那就太好了 |
[02:42] | Yes. | 没错 |
[02:43] | But, okay, honestly, Vivek, | 好吧 说真的 Vivek |
[02:45] | if you’re stressed out, we’re here for you. | 你要是感觉不堪重负 可以随时来找我们 |
[02:48] | Why would I be stressed? | 我为什么会不堪重负 |
[02:49] | Because somebody who does what you do got shot. | 因为跟你一样卖毒品的人被枪杀了 |
[02:53] | I mean, if I knew that girls | 我是说 如果我知道 |
[02:55] | with perfect hair and soulful eyes were being targeted, | 有人要对发型完美目光深情的女生下手 |
[02:57] | I’d have a police escort on me 24/7. | 我会让警察全天候保护我的 |
[03:00] | – Targeted? – That’s kind of… | – 什么下手 – 这有点 |
[03:01] | That guy couldn’t keep it in his pants. | 那家伙管不好下半身 |
[03:03] | That’s got nothin’ to do with V-Didge. | 和我可没关系 |
[03:05] | I appreciate the concern, | 感谢你们的关心 |
[03:06] | but I think you guys are overreacting. | 但我觉得你们反应过度了 |
[03:08] | No more drugs! | 拒绝毒品 |
[03:09] | No police state! | 拒绝警察国家 |
[03:11] | So, apparently I wasn’t the only one overreacting. | 显然 我不是唯一一个反应过度的人 |
[03:15] | Cal U had officially declared a war on drugs, | 加利福尼亚大学正式对毒品宣战了 |
[03:18] | and half the student body was not happy about it. | 但一半的学生都不乐意 |
[03:21] | Students. | 同学们 |
[03:23] | Students, calm down! | 同学们 冷静下来 |
[03:25] | Calm down. | 冷静 |
[03:26] | This is the same Cal U campus you know and love | 大学还是那个你们熟知且热爱的大学 |
[03:31] | only with unexpected drug testing and room searches. | 只不过会有毒品突击检测和搜查房间 |
[03:34] | It’ll be like a surprise party | 差不多像是开惊喜派对 |
[03:35] | only with grave consequences. | 但后果可能很严重 |
[03:38] | Consequences? | 后果 |
[03:39] | You think white students | 那些付全款学费的 |
[03:40] | who pay full tuition are gonna be targeted? | 白人学生有可能被针对吗 |
[03:42] | Or those legacy fools? | 或者是那些拿校友奖金的傻子 |
[03:43] | No, it’s gonna be students who look like us. | 都不会 只有我们这样的才会被针对 |
[03:47] | – Mr. Jackson, what are you doing? – I agree with you. | – Jackson先生 你要干什么 – 我同意你的话 |
[03:48] | – No. – Let me say that real quick. | – 别 – 我就简单说两句 |
[03:49] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[03:50] | Everybody, wake up! All right? | 各位 醒一醒 好吗 |
[03:52] | Zero tolerance means zero minorities. | 零容忍就是在压缩少数族裔的生存空间 |
[03:55] | – No. No. – We need to stand up | – 不是这样的 – 我们需要奋起反抗 |
[03:56] | – and say no to a police state. – No. That’s… | – 拒绝警察国家 – 别胡说 |
[03:58] | Say no to a police state! | 拒绝警察国家 |
[03:59] | Say no to a police state! Thank you. | 拒绝警察国家 谢谢大家 |
[04:02] | – No police state! – Students! | – 拒绝警察国家 – 同学们 |
[04:03] | No police state! | 拒绝警察国家 |
[04:05] | What this young man said is, respectfully, not true. | 这个年轻人说的 容我说一句 是不对的 |
[04:09] | Yes it is! | 就是对的 |
[04:09] | No matter the color of your skin, | 无论你皮肤的颜色 |
[04:12] | white or… | 是白色或 |
[04:14] | non-white, | 不是白色 |
[04:16] | if you are caught with any contraband, | 只要你被搜出违禁物品 |
[04:18] | you will be expelled. | 就会被开除 |
[04:19] | To quote the late, great Whitney, | 引用一句已故的伟人惠特妮说过的话 |
[04:21] | “Crack is whack.” | “一丝疏漏足以致命” |
[04:23] | It just is. | 正是如此 |
[04:24] | Whitney said a lot of things. | 惠特妮说过的话多着呢 |
[04:26] | Ooh. An 11:00 AM Addy. | 哦 早上十一点就吃聪明药 |
[04:28] | I see we’ve graduated from using it to study, | 我们从一开始用它学习 |
[04:31] | to party, to | 到派对狂欢再到 |
[04:33] | sunny and it’s a Tuesday. | 天气真好 今天周二了 |
[04:35] | It’s Wednesday, | 今天是周三 |
[04:37] | so you’re clearly the one with the problem. | 很明显 你才是那个有问题的 |
[04:38] | – Mm. – Plus I have to study at some point. | – 嗯 – 再说 我总归是要学习的 |
[04:42] | Please tell me you’re wearing that to be funny, | 拜托 告诉我你穿那个是闹着玩的 |
[04:45] | like when I wear my “Lesbians for Ben Carson” Shirt. | 就像我穿着那件”女同支持本·卡森”的T恤一样 |
[04:47] | Funny? | 闹着玩 |
[04:48] | Nomi, a person died here last night. | Nomi 有人昨晚死在这了 |
[04:51] | This campus is basically becoming Miami | 学校就快成为八十年代 |
[04:53] | during the coke wars of the ’80s. | 毒品大战时的迈阿密了 |
[05:01] | Yeah, I mean, | 但是 我的意思是 |
[05:02] | it’s not like exactly what’s going on here. | 现在的情况还是不一样的 |
[05:04] | Well, no. | 的确 |
[05:05] | Not while Dean Parker’s here cleaning up these streets. | 毕竟Parker院长还在这主持大局呢 |
[05:08] | Oh, it is hot out here. | 噢 这儿可真热啊 |
[05:10] | 里根 1981-1989担任美国总统 在位期间为治理毒品发动’毒品战争’ | |
[05:10] | He’s our modern-day Ronald Reagan. | 他就是咱们的当代里根 |
[05:12] | You go, Dean Parker! | 冲呀 Parker院长 |
[05:15] | Oh, yes, thank you, young lady. | 噢 谢谢你的支持啊 姑娘 |
[05:17] | I guess I kind of agree with Ana. | 我感觉我算是同意Ana的话 |
[05:19] | – What? – Okay, | – 什么 – 我承认 |
[05:21] | the way she is eyeing Dean Parker/your uncle | 她看着你叔叔Parker院长的眼神 |
[05:24] | is disgusting. | 很恶心 |
[05:25] | – Yeah. – But I don’t want | – 可不是嘛 – 但我不希望 |
[05:26] | any of us to end up like Miami in the ’80s. | 我们中有人落得个和八十年代的迈阿密一样的下场 |
[05:32] | No more drugs! | 拒绝毒品 |
[05:33] | What is wrong with you? | 你这是怎么了 |
[05:34] | You look like you just got chased through a 10k. | 你像是被追着跑了十公里 |
[05:36] | I don’t know. I don’t feel so great. | 我不知道 我感觉不太好 |
[05:39] | I’m probably just burning up from all the oppression! | 可能是这种压迫让我怒火中烧了吧 |
[05:42] | Uh, we gon’ bounce. | 呃 我们要走了 |
[05:43] | You can fight the power, | 你可以留下来和强权作斗争 |
[05:45] | but we got a big track meet coming up | 但我们就要参加一个大型田径运动会了 |
[05:47] | and don’t want to catch whatever the hell you got. | 不想从你这沾染上任何东西 |
[05:48] | Guys. Guys. | 二位 别这样 |
[05:49] | Yeah, just keep your glistening oppression to yourself. | 你自己独自承受这辉煌的压迫吧 |
[05:52] | You must be going crazy. | 你肯定是疯了 |
[05:54] | Crazy? Why? | 疯了 怎么这么说 |
[05:55] | Because the administration is cracking down on dealers. | 因为学校在打击毒贩了 |
[05:58] | Please tell me you’re out of business for a minute. | 请告诉我你现在暂时金盆洗手了 |
[06:00] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[06:01] | That look on Vivek’s face | Vivek脸上的表情出卖了他 |
[06:03] | said he was far from out of business. | 他才不会金盆洗手呢 |
[06:09] | With Arturo gone | Arturo死了 |
[06:11] | and the other dealers on campus laying low, | 其他毒贩也不敢再嚣张 |
[06:13] | the demand was high. | 毒品需求量变得很高 |
[06:15] | And Vivek, the only guy brave… | Vivek作为唯一一个足够勇敢 |
[06:17] | or stupid… enough to keep dealing | 或者说是足够笨的毒贩 |
[06:19] | had the supply. | 在继续供货 |
[06:21] | And pretty quickly, he also had the monopoly. | 没过多久 他就垄断市场了 |
[06:27] | In a matter of days, Vivek went from ashy to classy. | 突然之间 Vivek就从泥里跃到云端 |
[06:34] | Dude stole that whole European kiss move from me. | 他这招贴面吻可是从我这偷师的 |
[06:37] | Whatever. It’s his now, I guess. | 算了 我想现在这变成他的招数了 |
[06:39] | And our two-hour wait for a table | 我们本该等上两小时才能入座 |
[06:41] | turned into VIP service. | 结果享受了贵宾待遇 |
[06:45] | Since when did Vivek, | 从什么时候开始Vivek |
[06:46] | the sweet dork whose mom | 这个还从妈妈那里 |
[06:48] | still sends himmultivitamin coupons from Target, | 收到塔吉特复合维生素优惠券的小笨蛋 |
[06:51] | become the king? | 变成了社交之王 |
[06:55] | Um, since when did they add a VIP section at Titanium? | 呃 钛坦酒吧什么时候有贵宾区了 |
[06:59] | Everywhere I go now is VIP. | 现在我去哪 哪儿就是贵宾区 |
[07:01] | I’ve been to Paris. | 我去过巴黎 |
[07:03] | Excuse me, what’s happening with this new baby baller look? | 打断一下 你这身富家少爷的打扮是咋回事 |
[07:06] | Did you miss a layaway payment on your Givenchy? | 难道你忘给纪梵希分期付款了 |
[07:08] | Please, that look was nouveau riche. | 拜托 只有暴发户才那么穿 |
[07:11] | This is low-key classy. | 哥这是低调奢华 |
[07:13] | Money speaks and wealth whispers, bro. | 从头到脚透着贵气啊 兄弟 |
[07:15] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[07:15] | Yo. | 哟 |
[07:17] | What up, man? | 兄弟好 |
[07:18] | What’s up, brother? | 老大好 |
[07:19] | Yeah, man. | 嗯 老弟 |
[07:19] | Hey, we’re posting up at The Box tonight. | 嘿 我们今晚准备去The Box玩玩 |
[07:20] | You coming through? | 你来吗 |
[07:21] | Yeah, yeah, absolutely. | 好好好 肯定去 |
[07:22] | Okay, let me introduce you to Balty Winthrop | 好 让我来介绍下Balty Winthrop |
[07:25] | the richest kid at Cal U. | 他是加大最有钱的学生 |
[07:33] | Oh, and The Box is a super dope space on campus | 还有就是 The Box是我们学校一个特别酷的地方 |
[07:37] | where the Winthrop family used to store their crew boats. | Winthrop家族以前用那里存放自家的交通艇 |
[07:39] | And unfortunately for that nice family, | 对于这个尊贵的家族来说 不幸的是 |
[07:43] | right now, it’s in the hands of Balty. | 它现在落入了Balty手里 |
[07:52] | You guys want to come, too? | 你们是不是也想来 |
[07:54] | So you just rollin’ with Balty now? | 所以你现在是和Balty混了吗 |
[07:56] | Count me the f*** in. | 快他妈的算我一个 |
[07:57] | I’m out. | 我不去 |
[07:58] | Hard pass. | 坚决不去 |
[07:59] | I’m not being that guy’s plus one. | 我才不要当他的不请之客 |
[08:01] | Seriously? What else are you gonna do? | 认真的吗 那你还能干啥啊 |
[08:03] | I’ll find my way. | 总有办法的 |
[08:04] | I’m out, too. | 我也不去了 |
[08:05] | I’m hosting a comedy fundraiser | 我要主持个喜剧募捐 |
[08:06] | to support the extra police presence on campus. | 来支持校园里新派的警官们 |
[08:09] | It’ll be fun. | 肯定会很有趣 |
[08:10] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[08:11] | more like global whining. | 更像是”全球变喘” |
[08:14] | Am I right? | 我说得对吧 |
[08:15] | You know? | 懂吗 |
[08:17] | But Zoey, | 但是Zoey |
[08:18] | you’re not really thinking about going, are you? | 你不会在认真打算去吧 |
[08:20] | Look, | 听着 |
[08:22] | do I love that Vivek is still dealing? | 我喜不喜欢Vivek还在贩毒这件事 |
[08:24] | I do not. | 肯定不 |
[08:25] | But do I love the fact | 但要是问我被邀请 |
[08:26] | that I just got invited to The Box? | 去The Box参加派对开不开心 |
[08:29] | I really do. | 百分百开心 |
[08:31] | Yeah, I’m going with Vivek. | 没错 我打算和Vivek一起去 |
[08:34] | Yeah you are. | 可不是嘛 |
[08:37] | Extra strength | 买超级强力药 |
[08:38] | or extra extra strength? | 还是超级超级强力药 |
[08:40] | Just grab anything. | 随便拿个什么就行 |
[08:42] | The doctor said | 那医生说了 |
[08:42] | some over-the-counter meds should help kick our flu. | 某种”柜台上面”(非处方)的药就能治咱们的流感 |
[08:46] | So, is “Over-the-counter” A specific brand? | 所以”柜台上面”是什么牌子的名字吗 |
[08:49] | Whoa. | 哇哦 |
[08:51] | I thought I was bad. | 我以为我已经很严重了 |
[08:52] | You guys look like wet garbage. | 你们看起来就像堆湿垃圾 |
[08:54] | Yeah, | 是啊 |
[08:54] | because you gave us whatever nasty crap you’re sick with. | 还不是因为你把这恶心的东西传染给我们了 |
[08:57] | Thanks a lot, you germy jackass. | 谢谢您嘞 大毒瘤 |
[08:59] | Hey, it’s not my fault that college is a | 嘿 大学就是个培养皿 |
[09:00] | petri dish, okay? | 这也不能全赖我呀 |
[09:02] | Sheesh. | 天呐 |
[09:05] | So, um, | 所以 呃 |
[09:06] | what are you guys looking for? | 你们在找什么 |
[09:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[09:10] | I’ve never had to buy this stuff. | 我从来不用买这些玩意儿 |
[09:12] | My mom always did it for me. | 都是我妈替我买 |
[09:14] | Mine, too. | 我妈也是 |
[09:16] | Obviously. | 废话 |
[09:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:26] | Oh, my God, | 我的天呐 |
[09:27] | I’ve died and gone to Arizona State. | 感觉自己在天堂涅槃重生了 |
[09:43] | Nomi, can you believe that we’re at… | Nomi 你能相信我们真的在 |
[09:47] | The Box? | The Box吗 |
[09:51] | So, this was The Box, | 所以 这就是The Box |
[09:53] | and yeah, it was pretty cool. | 没错 是挺炫酷的 |
[09:57] | There were unlimited cocktails, | 全场鸡尾酒随你喝 |
[09:59] | amazing food, | 超赞的食物 |
[10:01] | and I was pretty sure | 而且我很确定 |
[10:02] | the person playing the piano was Ed Sheeran. | 弹钢琴的那个人是艾德·希兰 |
[10:05] | I had never been to a party like this, | 我从没来过这种派对 |
[10:07] | but I could definitely get used to it. | 但我肯定会很快适应的 |
[10:10] | And the most mind-blowing part of it all | 但这一切事物中最让人吃惊的 |
[10:13] | was Vivek, | 还是Vivek |
[10:15] | who looked right at home. | 他看起来如鱼得水 |
[10:21] | Good, Zoey? | 你还好吧 Zoey |
[10:22] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[10:23] | Yeah, I’m good. I basically live here now. | 感觉还不错 我已经完全融入了 |
[10:25] | Spiritually. | 精神上的融入 |
[10:27] | Grab a drink, and we’ll do a lap. | 拿杯喝的 然后咱们一起去嗑点东西 |
[10:29] | If we’re gonna do a lap, let’s do a lap. | 如果要嗨 就嗨翻天 |
[10:31] | Yo, Vivek. | 哟 Vivek |
[10:32] | Hey, where the hell you been, man? | 嘿 你去哪儿浪啦 兄弟 |
[10:34] | Hey, Balty, this is my homegirl, Zoey. | 嘿 Balty 这是我闺蜜 Zoey |
[10:35] | Right, whatever. | 哦 随便吧 |
[10:36] | Hey, people are waiting, bro. Come on. Let’s go. | 嘿 大家伙还在等着我们呢 赶紧过去 |
[10:40] | He’s dope, right? | 他好屌哦 对吧 |
[10:41] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[10:49] | We tried to make it to practice, | 我们试着去参加训练 |
[10:51] | but halfway through, | 但在半路上 |
[10:52] | I threw up on some losers playing Quidditch. | 我就吐在了那些玩魁地奇的屌丝身上 |
[10:54] | They deserved it, girl. | 他们活该 姐妹 |
[10:56] | Mm, I haven’t felt this bad | 我被继姐传染腺热病以来 |
[10:58] | since I got mono from my step-sister. | 还从来没这么难受过 |
[11:00] | Maybe we should eat. | 或许我们该吃点东西 |
[11:02] | The dining hall closes in 15 minutes. | 食堂还有15分钟关门 |
[11:07] | Am I up? | 我起来了吗 |
[11:09] | Am I standing? | 我站着吗 |
[11:12] | Yo, guys. | 哟 大家好 |
[11:13] | Well, look who it is. | 瞧瞧这是谁 |
[11:15] | Freaking patient zero over there. | 这个恶心的病原体 |
[11:17] | We should beat his ass. | 我们应该揍他一顿 |
[11:19] | Hey. | 喂 |
[11:19] | Are we up? | 我们起来了吗 |
[11:21] | Are we beating his ass? | 我们在揍他吗 |
[11:23] | Stop. | 停 |
[11:25] | Stop! | 停下来 |
[11:28] | So, I had done 16 laps | 所以 我嗑了16片 |
[11:30] | and was starting to feel like this wasn’t my scene. | 却开始觉得这不是我该来的地方 |
[11:34] | And no amount of pills or champagne | 不管嗑多少药 喝多少香槟 |
[11:36] | was going to make me feel comfortable. | 我始终感觉不自在 |
[11:38] | It was definitely time to find Vivek, | 是时候找回Vivek |
[11:40] | pull Nomi off that piano player, | 把Nomi从弹钢琴那家伙身上扯下来 |
[11:42] | who, it turns out, was just some homely ginger, | 那其实就是个黄毛小子 |
[11:45] | and go the hell home. | 然后呢 赶紧滚回家 |
[11:47] | *Money in the air, money everywhere* | *纸醉金迷 深陷其中* |
[11:49] | *money money money money* | *钱钱钱钱* |
[11:50] | *Money over here, money over there* | *到处都是钱* |
[11:52] | *Money in the air, money everywhere* | *金钱的味道在空中蔓延* |
[11:53] | *money money money money* | *钱钱钱钱* |
[11:55] | *Money over here, money over there* | *到处都是钱* |
[11:56] | *Money in the air, money everywhere* | *纸醉金迷 深陷其中* |
[11:58] | *money money money money* | *钱钱钱钱* |
[11:59] | *Money over here, money over there* | *到处都是钱* |
[12:01] | *Money in the air, money everywhere* | *金钱的味道在空中蔓延* |
[12:03] | *money money money money* | *钱钱钱钱* |
[12:04] | *You take your clothes off just to get a taste of it* | *你脱下衣服只为品尝金钱的香甜* |
[12:07] | *You take your clothes off just to reap the benefits* | *你脱下衣服只为把利益得遍* |
[12:09] | *You wear no clothes and it not the time of genesis* | *你赤身裸体 即便这不是创世纪的伊甸园* |
[12:17] | Vivek Vivek | |
[12:17] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[12:18] | Dope party last night, right? | 昨晚的派对爽吧 |
[12:20] | I mean, | 我是说 |
[12:20] | less dope for me | 对我来说没啥稀奇的 |
[12:21] | ’cause I’ve been so many times | 因为我去太多次了 |
[12:22] | that it’s like, | 就像是 |
[12:23] | okay Box, relax. | 还好啦 不就是去Box嘛 |
[12:25] | But still fun, right? | 但还是很有趣 对吧 |
[12:26] | You’re dealing coca now?! | 你竟然开始卖可卡因了 |
[12:29] | Oh. | 噢 |
[12:30] | Uh, I sort of thought | 呃 我还以为 |
[12:31] | we were gonna do a fun recap of the night, | 咱们要回顾下昨晚的快乐时光呢 |
[12:33] | riff a little. | 随便聊聊 |
[12:34] | No? | 不是吗 |
[12:34] | No! | 当然不 |
[12:35] | This isn’t funny, Vivek. | 一点也不好笑 Vivek |
[12:37] | I think you’re messing with some really bad stuff. | 我认为 你现在在蹚浑水 |
[12:39] | Hold up. | 慢着 |
[12:40] | You had no problem popping that Addy last night. | 你昨晚嗑聪明药不是挺爽的吗 |
[12:42] | Or any night. | 或者任何晚上 |
[12:43] | Or any morning. | 任何早上 |
[12:44] | You know, my guess is you’re on it right now. | 你知道吗 我感觉你现在还嗨着呢 |
[12:48] | Well, | 哎呀 |
[12:49] | that’s different. | 那不一样 |
[12:50] | That’s… That’s prescribed by a doctor. | 那 那可是医生开的处方药呢 |
[12:52] | Yeah, but not to you. | 是啊 但不是开给你的 |
[12:53] | And not by your doctor. | 也不是你的医生开的 |
[12:55] | All drugs are the same, | 所有的毒品都一样 |
[12:56] | pills just have better PR. | 只不过药片的公关做的更好 |
[12:58] | Like Kale or Cuties. | 就像万人迷和俊男一样没区别 |
[13:01] | So if it’s all the same, | 那如果它们都一样 |
[13:04] | you wouldn’t have a problem selling me coca? | 你是不是也能卖可卡因给我 |
[13:08] | Popping was basically speed | 嗑药只不过快一点 |
[13:10] | and snorting blow are the same thing. | 和吸毒没什么两样 |
[13:11] | They’re just a couple molecules apart. | 它们的分子结构很相似 |
[13:14] | Too much of either, and your heart’s gonna stop. | 不管你哪样嗑多了 都会死翘翘的 |
[13:16] | Hey, don’t… | 别这样 |
[13:18] | don’t turn this around on me. | 别把矛头指向我 |
[13:20] | You’re the coca dealer now. | 现在你才是那个卖可卡因的毒贩呢 |
[13:21] | You know, Balty calls me his party concierge. | Balty已经把我看成他的团队管理员了 |
[13:24] | Balty Balty. | |
[13:25] | As in Balty Winthrop. | 他可是Winthrop家的人 |
[13:27] | You think anything happens | 你觉得要是出了什么岔子 |
[13:28] | and Dean Parker is going to expel Balty Winthrop? | Parker院长会开除Balty Winthrop吗 |
[13:31] | No! | 当然不 |
[13:32] | No, because his family built this school | 不 因为他的家族建了这所学校 |
[13:33] | and you’re the brown kid on financial aid | 而你不过是拿着补助金的棕皮肤男孩 |
[13:35] | who’s gonna take the fall. | 最后被拿来当替罪羊 |
[13:36] | To them, you’re disposable. | 对于他们来说 你随用随扔 |
[13:38] | Zoey, you’re being really extra. | Zoey 你在多管闲事 |
[13:40] | No. God, no. | 不 天啊 不是 |
[13:41] | I’m being your friend, | 我是在为你着想 |
[13:42] | and those guys are not your friends. | 而那些人才不会呢 |
[13:44] | I-I grew up around rich assholes like that. | 我从小到大遇到过很多有钱的人渣 |
[13:46] | I know when someone’s being used. | 我看得出来谁在被人利用 |
[13:48] | Okay, look, Zoey. | 听着 Zoey |
[13:50] | I don’t expect you to understand this, | 我不指望你能理解 |
[13:52] | but when I’m with them, | 但我和他们在一起的时候 |
[13:54] | I don’t feel like the cab driver’s son. | 我不再觉得自己只是个出租司机的儿子 |
[13:56] | And not just because I was on Balty’s helicopter last week. | 这可不仅仅是因为我上周坐了Balty的直升机 |
[13:59] | I do understand. | 我懂你 |
[14:00] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不懂 |
[14:02] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[14:03] | I woke up not feeling like the poor kid today. | 我现在终于不再觉得自己是个穷孩子了 |
[14:07] | And if I get things right with them, | 要是我能混进他们的圈子 |
[14:08] | that’s a feeling I can have for the next four years. | 以后四年我都能这样度过 |
[14:10] | And after that, I can have whatever life I want. | 并且毕业后我想做什么就能做什么 |
[14:13] | But you can have all the money in the world, | 可就算你拥有了全世界的财富 |
[14:15] | but you are always going to be the cab driver’s son. | 你都永远是出租司机的儿子啊 |
[14:18] | And you know what? | 还有你知道吗 |
[14:20] | You seem to be the only person here | 其实你是这里唯一一个 |
[14:21] | who has a problem with that. | 介意这件事的人 |
[14:24] | Look, Zoey, how about you do you | 听着 Zoey 不如你走你的道 |
[14:26] | and I do me and it’s all good? | 我过我的桥 我们互不相干怎么样 |
[14:36] | So there it was. | 所以事情就是这样 |
[14:37] | I said my piece, and Vivek told me to back off. | 我掏心掏肺 Vivek则叫我别管闲事 |
[14:40] | He was comfortable in this world | 他在那个圈子里待得很自在 |
[14:42] | and seemed to have it all figured out. | 似乎摸透了一切规则 |
[15:14] | But the one thing he hadn’t figured out… | 但有件事他没弄明白 |
[15:16] | Oh, my God, Vivek. | 天啊 Vivek |
[15:19] | …was that everyone wants a shot at the king. | 就是每个人都会觊觎王的位置 |
[15:25] | Where is everyone? | 其他人呢 |
[15:27] | Oh, I… | 我 |
[15:28] | Oh, my God, Vivek got jumped? | 天啊 Vivek被打了 |
[15:31] | Robbed? | 他被抢劫了 |
[15:32] | Somebody messed him up? | 有人搞了他 |
[15:34] | He’s in the hospital? | 他住院了 |
[15:35] | Intensive care? | 重症监护室 |
[15:37] | This again? | 又来 |
[15:39] | Bruh, it’s quiet. I’m going back to bed. | 没什么大事 我睡了 |
[15:44] | Uh… I couldn’t reach them. | 我联系不上他们 |
[15:48] | I was in the middle of a deal, and… | 当时我正和人交易 结果 |
[15:51] | out of nowhere, a few guys rushed me. | 几个人不知从哪突然跑出来抢了我 |
[15:53] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[15:54] | I mean, thank God you walked away | 真是谢天谢地 |
[15:55] | with only a broken arm and bruised face. | 你只是断了条胳膊 脸上多了淤青 |
[15:59] | It could’ve been so much worse. | 结果很有可能会更糟啊 |
[16:00] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[16:02] | I got cocky and stupid. I’m sorry. | 我太自以为是了 干了傻事 对不起 |
[16:03] | – You don’t have to apologize. – Vivek! | – 你用不着道歉 – Vivek |
[16:06] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[16:08] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[16:09] | The hospital said you were robbed. | 医院的人说你遇上了抢劫 |
[16:10] | Campus police are outside. | 外面都是校警 |
[16:12] | They said drugs are involved? | 听他们说这和毒品有关 |
[16:14] | Please talk to us, Vivek. | 快告诉我们 Vivek |
[16:15] | At that moment, I didn’t see the king anymore. | 那一刻 我看到的不再是什么王 |
[16:19] | I saw a scared kid who got in over his head | 而是一个提心吊胆的孩子 |
[16:21] | trying to be something he wasn’t. | 绞尽脑汁试图编造另一个故事 |
[16:24] | Uh… H-Hi. I-I’m Zoey. | 你们好 我叫Zoey |
[16:27] | We go to school together, | 我们一起上学 |
[16:28] | and the police have it all wrong. | 是警察弄错了 |
[16:32] | we… we got mugged, | 是我们两个人遇上了抢劫 |
[16:34] | me and Vivek. | Vivek和我 |
[16:37] | It was totally random, | 这完全是随机事件 |
[16:38] | one of those wrong place, wrong time kind of situations. | 我们只是在错的时间出现在了错的地点 |
[16:43] | Vivek… protected me. | Vivek保护了我 |
[16:52] | Okay, uh, Mike, this is for your congestion. | Mike 这是治鼻塞的 |
[16:55] | Jazz, this is for the headache. | Jazz 这是治头疼的 |
[16:58] | Sky, for the fever. | Sky 治发烧的 |
[16:59] | And the whiskey? | 那威士忌呢 |
[17:01] | This is for the turn up after the meds wear off. | 这是药效消退之后用来提神的 |
[17:05] | Actually, you can die from that. | 事实上 药后喝酒可能会死 |
[17:06] | I don’t think that we should. | 我想我们最好别尝试 |
[17:07] | I’m gonna hide it. | 我还是把它藏起来吧 |
[17:09] | That’s a better idea. | 这样更好 |
[17:12] | Thanks for taking care of us. | 谢谢你照顾我们 |
[17:14] | Oh, no doubt. I know how it is. | 那是肯定的 我知道生病有多难受 |
[17:17] | I remember last year, | 还记得去年 |
[17:17] | I got sick the first week of school, | 开学第一周我就生病了 |
[17:19] | I didn’t know anybody, and, uh… | 当时我谁都不认识 而且 |
[17:22] | Yeah, it sucks being sick, | 总之生病糟透了 |
[17:23] | but it feels even worse when you’re alone. | 要是没人陪着还会更糟 |
[17:25] | I’m sorry we said you looked like a dehydrated Leslie Jones. | 很抱歉我们之前说你像脱了水的Leslie Jones |
[17:29] | You said that? | 真的吗 |
[17:31] | We said a lot of stuff. | 我们还说过好多其他的呢 |
[17:33] | Yeah, after you left, we went on a whole run. | 你走后我们吐槽了你好久 |
[17:35] | So… | 所以 |
[17:41] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[17:43] | I just wanted to thank you for what you did. | 我只是想来说声谢谢 |
[17:45] | You know, covering with my parents. | 谢谢你帮我在我爸妈面前打圆场 |
[17:46] | Well, even though I wanted to actually murder you, | 不管怎么样 即便我之前确实想杀了你 |
[17:50] | I will always have your back. | 我会一直挺你的 |
[17:52] | Oh, who’s your friend? | 这位朋友是谁呀 |
[17:53] | This is my boy, Vali. | 这是我兄弟 Vali |
[17:54] | He’s in the engineering program with me. | 他和我一起做一个工程项目 |
[17:56] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[17:57] | You, too. That’s great. | 我也是 不错啊 |
[17:58] | So you’re back to hanging out with your engineering friends? | 所以你现在又和工程学的朋友们一起玩了 |
[18:00] | Yeah, definitely. | 当然了 |
[18:05] | Hey, hold up. | 等一下 |
[18:06] | Always count your crew’s money in front of them. | 一定要当着客户的面把钱点清 |
[18:13] | Cool. You’re good now. | 没问题 你可以走了 |
[18:14] | Thanks, boss. | 谢了 老板 |
[18:17] | What the hell was that? | 这他妈是怎么回事 |
[18:19] | You’re back to dealing again? | 你又开始贩毒了 |
[18:20] | – Zoey, come on… – No, I’m serious. | – Zoey 拜托 – 不 我是认真的 |
[18:22] | Look, after all that stuff went down, | 听着 经历了那茬事之后 |
[18:24] | I realized I have to work smarter, not harder, | 我意识到我得使巧劲儿 而不是埋头苦干 |
[18:25] | and keep myself insulated, | 退到幕后保护自己 |
[18:27] | so I hired a little help. | 所以我雇了个帮手 |
[18:28] | That’s what you realized? | 你学到的是这个吗 |
[18:30] | Vivek, I lied to your parents. | Vivek 我向你爸妈撒了谎啊 |
[18:32] | I put myself on the line for you. | 我可是为你冒了风险的 |
[18:33] | I know, | 我知道 |
[18:34] | and when I said thank you, I meant it. | 我是真心地感谢你 |
[18:36] | Look, you always have my back, | 听着 你总是很挺我 |
[18:37] | and I hope you know I have yours. | 我希望你知道 我也会挺你的 |
[18:43] | Sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll | 性 吸毒 还有摇滚 |
[18:45] | really do make college a blast. | 的确能让大学生活有滋有味 |
[18:47] | It’s the best time of our lives. | 这是我们人生中最好的时光 |
[18:50] | Some of us feel invincible… | 一些人觉得自己所向披靡 |
[18:53] | even though we’re far from it. | 即便过得并不如意 |
[18:55] | I don’t want to watch the Hip Hop Awards. | 我不想看嘻哈音乐颁奖典礼 |
[18:57] | – Please don’t change it. Don’t change it. – We watching it. | – 拜托别换台 别换台 – 我们要看 |
[19:00] | Sure, it’s all fun and games | 当然了 一切都是那么有趣 |
[19:02] | until the underground scene comes to the surface. | 直到深层的问题慢慢浮现 |
[19:04] | And even though Vivek was cool | 即使Vivek觉得 |
[19:06] | with stepping into that darkness, | 踏进这泥潭没什么问题 |
[19:07] | I wasn’t, | 我不这样想 |
[19:09] | and I was done enabling him. | 我不想再让他为所欲为了 |
[19:11] | I didn’t want to ever be one of those people | 我永远都不想成为那种 |
[19:13] | doing coke with Balty. | 和Balty一起吸可卡因的人 |
[19:19] | I had to have my own back. | 我得自己挺自己了 |
[19:24] | – What up, guys? – Oh, hey. | – 你们好啊 – 嗨 |
[19:27] | Looks like none of us are rotting on the inside anymore. | 似乎我们都不再由内而外慢慢腐烂了 |
[19:30] | Yeah, that flu was crazy. | 是啊 这场流感太可怕了 |
[19:32] | I wonder how we all got sick in the first place. | 真想知道一开始我们都是怎么得病的 |
[19:35] | Hey, pigeons, that tickles. | 嗨 小鸽子 这下有点痒啊 |
[19:39] | Let this be a lesson to you kids. | 你们这些孩子从中吸取教训吧 |
[19:42] | Murder is… messy. | 谋杀可不是什么好事 |
[19:47] | Mint? | 薄荷糖吃吗 |
[19:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:54] | I’m proud of you. | 干得漂亮 |
[19:57] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[19:58] | Guess we’ll never know, right? | 我们永远没法知道了 对吧 |