时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There is no question our generation is more open | 毫无疑问 我们这一代人 |
[00:05] | than any other generation that came before it. | 要比以前的人都更开放 |
[00:08] | And when it comes to dating, | 说起约会 |
[00:10] | it’s like we have an open-door policy. | 就像是有对外开放政策似的 |
[00:12] | That’s right… in our world, anybody can get it. | 没错 在我们的世界 人人都懂 |
[00:16] | We’ve mixed things up so much that in 40 years, | 我们让事情如此混乱 不出四十年 |
[00:20] | we’re gonna have this planet | 我们就要把这个星球上所有人 |
[00:21] | looking like a bunch of Jesse Williams. | 都变成Jesse Williams了 |
[00:25] | But it’s not that easy for everybody. | 可这不是对所有人来说都那么容易的 |
[00:27] | Online dating sites like OkCupid and Tinder | 像OkCupid和Tinder这样的约会网站 |
[00:30] | have proven that statistically, | 用数据证明了 |
[00:32] | some groups are more selective than others. | 有些群体要比其他群体更有优势 |
[00:41] | While other groups… well, they don’t do as great. | 也有些群体 表现得就不那么好了 |
[00:46] | And no group gets less love than black women. | 没人比黑人女性更缺少关爱了 |
[00:48] | In fact, 82% of non-black men | 实际上 82%的非黑人男性 |
[00:51] | show some bias against black women. | 都对黑人女性带有偏见 |
[00:57] | Ain’t this a bitch? | 你说这气人不气人 |
[01:32] | *Ain’t turnt up like me* | *无法变成我这样* |
[01:34] | *Nah, y’all ain’t turnt up like me* | *不 你们无法变成我这样* |
[01:36] | *Ain’t turnt up like me* | *无法变成我这样* |
[01:37] | Okay, for real, | 说真的 |
[01:39] | is there something in the water around here? | 这水里面有没有什么东西 |
[01:41] | Was there some event, some movie, some Drake song | 有没有什么事件 电影 或者Drake的歌 |
[01:44] | that said black guys should stop dating black girls? | 讲的是黑人小子应该停止约黑人女孩的 |
[01:46] | Maybe it was those Wendy Williams vacation photos. | 没准是因为Wendy Williams的旅行照片 |
[01:49] | They were pretty devastating. | 它们相当具有毁灭性 |
[01:51] | I’m just starting to think this shit is a problem. | 我开始觉得这破事还真是个问题 |
[01:54] | – Come on. – It’s probably just a slow night. | – 得了吧 – 这只是个漫长的夜晚 |
[01:56] | – Yeah. – No, it’s a slow semester. | – 是啊 – 不 这是个漫长的学期 |
[01:58] | Facts. In high school, dudes were always checkin’ for us. | 没错 在高中 男生都喜欢我们 |
[02:01] | – Mm-hmm. – Yeah, but didn’t you go to like South Central High? | – 嗯哼 – 对 可你上的难道不是中南部高中吗 |
[02:05] | I’m just saying that we’re at a primarily white institution. | 我只是说我们的学校基本以白人为中心 |
[02:08] | There’s a much smaller pool of black guys here. | 黑人群体就少得多了 |
[02:10] | Yeah, and some of the pool are gay, | 还有一部分人是同性恋 |
[02:12] | most of the athletes like white girls, | 大多数的运动员都喜欢白人女孩 |
[02:15] | and we’re left with very few options. | 剩给我们的就没多少选择了 |
[02:17] | Who don’t seem to be checkin’ for us. | 剩下的这些也不怎么搭理我们 |
[02:19] | Oh, my God, are you guys telling me | 天呐 你们不会是要告诉我 |
[02:20] | that you haven’t had any action in six months? | 你们已经六个月没行动了吧 |
[02:23] | I mean, we’ve had some action. | 我们有行动的 |
[02:29] | These Firecracker Salmon rolls are on point tonight. | 今晚的爆炒三文鱼卷可真赞 |
[02:32] | Yeah, this is a really good batch. | 没错 这次的味道真的很棒 |
[02:37] | That doesn’t make any sense. | 这根本没道理 |
[02:39] | You know what else doesn’t make any sense? | 你知道还有什么是没道理的吗 |
[02:40] | How good the brown bread is. | 这些黑面包这么棒 |
[02:42] | Like, why do they even bring out the sourdough? | 他们干嘛要拿那些发酵面包出来呢 |
[02:44] | Why don’t you guys just try dating someone | 你们为什么不试着去和其他人约会呢 |
[02:46] | other than black guys? | 不用非得是黑人 |
[02:47] | I mean, college is the place to open up and explore. | 我的意思是 大学是个开放和探索的好地方 |
[02:50] | Yeah, I mean, Nomi’s basically been through | Nomi自从来这里开始 |
[02:52] | every Olympics-eligible country since she’s been here. | 基本上已经勾搭过来自奥运参赛国各国的人了 |
[02:54] | Yeah, it’s crazy. | 没错 确实很疯狂 |
[02:56] | Can you believe Canada is the hold-out? | 你敢相信我没勾搭过加拿大人吗 |
[03:00] | But why do I have to open up? | 可是我为什么非得开放呢 |
[03:02] | Why should we have to change what we want? | 我们为什么要改变自己的想法呢 |
[03:05] | – I like what I like. – Me too. | – 我对自己的喜好挺满意 – 我也是 |
[03:07] | That’s what I’m saying. | 这就是我想说的 |
[03:08] | I mean, I’m all about black girls. | 我是说 我就喜欢黑人女孩 |
[03:09] | Don’t take this wrong, Nomi, | 你别误解 Nomi |
[03:11] | but there’s no way I could, like, go there with you. | 可我不可能跟你一起去那啥 |
[03:13] | Mm. Yeah. | 嗯 是啊 |
[03:14] | And hey, Aaron, don’t take this wrong, | 嘿 Aaron 别误解 |
[03:16] | but I’d make you wear two condoms. | 我会让你用上两个套的 |
[03:19] | Okay. Look, I just could never imagine not dating a Queen. | 行 听着 我只是从来没想过和不是黑人的女性约会 |
[03:23] | Word? That’s how you feel? | 说真的吗 你就是这样认为的吗 |
[03:25] | Yeah, that’s how I feel. | 没错 我就是这样觉得 |
[03:27] | But from the way you said that, | 但从你说话的方式来看 |
[03:28] | I’m thinking that you feel differently? | 你似乎有不同的想法 |
[03:29] | No, I know you love Queens… | 不 我知道你喜欢黑人女孩 |
[03:31] | when they’re Egyptian, not Nubian. | 但只是埃及黑人 而不是努比亚人 |
[03:38] | You definitely have a type. | 你喜欢的绝对是一个类型的 |
[03:40] | Type? Wait, those weren’t all the same girl? | 一个类型 等等 她们难道不是同一人吗 |
[03:42] | – No. – No. | – 不 – 不 |
[03:43] | I’m not colorstruck, guys. Come on. | 我可没有肤色情结 朋友们 别这样 |
[03:45] | No, dead-ass, all your girls look like clones. | 不 蠢蛋 你的女朋友们看起来都像克隆的 |
[03:47] | Shit is weird. | 这太奇怪了 |
[03:49] | I don’t have time for weirdos. | 我没时间陪你们这些怪人 |
[03:51] | And I also don’t have cash, | 我也没钱了 |
[03:53] | so I’ll pay you guys back in retweets. You’re welcome. | 我会用转推来报答你们 不用谢 |
[03:56] | – Luca… – Whoa, hold on, man. | – Luca – 哇哦 冷静 兄弟 |
[03:57] | – They’re not all clones! – Not cool, Luca. | – 她们才不像克隆人 – 这不酷 Luca |
[03:59] | All right? All those girls just have mixed parents | 好吧 这些女孩们都是混血家庭 |
[04:01] | and their hair is long and curly and they have… | 她们的头发都是又长又卷 还有 |
[04:04] | Oh, my God, am I… am I colorstruck? | 我的天 我不会 我不会有肤色情结吧 |
[04:07] | All we’re trying to say is, | 我们想说的是 |
[04:09] | sometimes when we look around campus, | 有时候当我们环顾校园 |
[04:11] | it feels like we’re really at the bottom of the list. | 真的感觉自己在名单底层 |
[04:15] | – There’s a list? – There’s no list. | – 有名单吗 – 没有什么名单 |
[04:17] | There’s absolutely a list. | 确实有这么个名单 |
[04:20] | I heard about the list. | 我听说过这个名单 |
[04:23] | So after weeks of uncertainty | 于是在经历了好几周的 |
[04:25] | from relationships and guy drama, | 关于恋爱和男生闹剧的不确定后 |
[04:27] | I finally knew what I wanted… | 我终于知道了什么才是自己想要的 |
[04:29] | to buckle down and focus on the things | 要认真对待 把注意力放在 |
[04:31] | that matter in life… pockets. | 那些生活中真正重要的事情上 口袋 |
[04:35] | So, I was thinking for our collection, | 我在想 我们这个系列 |
[04:38] | what if we took all of our pockets | 要是我们拿出所有的口袋 |
[04:40] | and sewed inspirational quotes on the inside? | 在里面绣满启发性的名言 |
[04:42] | Like a fortune cookie? | 像幸运饼干那样 |
[04:43] | No. | 不 |
[04:45] | Like a fortune pocket. | 像幸运口袋 |
[04:48] | It’s good having you back. | 你能回来真好 |
[04:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:51] | You know, you’re the only person who didn’t get mad at me | 你知道吗 你是唯一一个不生我气的人 |
[04:55] | or tell me I was crazy during the whole Cash thing. | 也不会说我在Cash那整件事里有多疯狂 |
[04:58] | It’s all good. | 都没关系 |
[04:59] | No, it meant a lot. | 不 这真的很重要 |
[05:01] | It’s all part of your journey. I mean, everybody has one… | 这是你人生中的一部分 每个人都有 |
[05:04] | like that braided belt you keep trying to make work. | 就像你一直想要驾奴的那个编织带 |
[05:07] | Wh… Okay, I thought you liked it. | 呃 我以为你喜欢它 |
[05:10] | How could you think that? | 你怎么会这样想 |
[05:13] | I mean, seriously, I don’t know what I’m giving off | 真的假的 我不知道我做了什么 |
[05:16] | for you to think I like that belt. | 会让你觉得我喜欢那条带子 |
[05:18] | I might be sending the complete wrong signal to people | 我可能给人们传递了完全相反的信号 |
[05:20] | and I don’t even know. | 我甚至都不知道 |
[05:22] | You know what? You might be. Not important. | 可能是确实是这样 不重要了 |
[05:24] | What’s important is this sweater. | 重要的是这件衣服 |
[05:26] | I know, the sweater… | 我知道 这件衣服 |
[05:28] | Um… but do you want to hit “Black Panther” Real quick? | 呃 你想看< 黑豹>吗 就现在 |
[05:31] | I want to hit this sweater. Our collection is due. | 我想要做这件衣服 该交作业了 |
[05:34] | Yeah, but the next showing’s in 15 minutes. | 是啊 可下一场十五分钟后就开始了 |
[05:36] | We can make it if we leave now. | 如果我们现在出发的话 还能赶得上 |
[05:37] | 15 15? | |
[05:38] | It’s supposed to be fire. | 肯定会燃爆 |
[05:39] | And I heard Michael B. Jordan | 我听说 Michael B. Jordan会像我一样 |
[05:41] | wears his dreads to the side like I do. | 把他的脏辫别到一边 |
[05:43] | Well, then I guess we have to see “Who wore it best.” | 那我们倒要看看谁更适合 |
[05:47] | Why you trying to hurt me? | 你干嘛要伤我的心 |
[05:52] | Okay, so white girls hold the top spot, | 行吧 那白人女孩排最前 |
[05:54] | but white girls with an accent are above them. | 有口音的白人女孩还要更胜一筹 |
[05:57] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[05:58] | Kylie Jenners 超模,卡戴珊家小妹 Minka Kellys 美剧《胜利之光》中饰演拉拉队员 | |
[05:58] | Your Kylie Jenners and Minka Kellys are number one. | 你的Kylie Jenners和Minka Kellys排第一 |
[06:01] | But give them girls some broken English | 要是再让她们说点蹩脚英语 |
[06:03] | and they turn into… | 她们就会变成 |
[06:04] | Gal Gadot. | 盖尔 加朵 |
[06:05] | Mm, she is Wonder Woman for a reason. | 啊 她能成为神奇女侠是有原因的 |
[06:08] | Mm, she’s bad. | 嗯 她真的不错 |
[06:09] | Okay, then you have your exotic chicks. | 然后说到异域风情的女孩 |
[06:12] | Those are the girls who constantly get, | 常有人问这些女孩 |
[06:14] | “Girl, what are you mixed with?” | “姑娘 你是哪儿的混血” |
[06:16] | Yeah, that’s Karrueches, your Chrissy Teigens, | 没错 这就是Karrueches 你的Chrissy Teigens |
[06:16] | Karrueches Tran 亚非混血,曾参演电视剧《美爪屋》 Chrissy Teigen 欧亚混血,名模,约翰·传奇的妻子 | |
[06:18] | and your Cassies. | 你的Cassies |
[06:19] | What about the Latinas? | 那拉丁女孩呢 |
[06:21] | Your Cubans. Hello. | 你的古巴人 你好 |
[06:23] | Your Brazilians, your Puerto Rocks… | 还有巴西人 波多黎哥人 |
[06:26] | Chill out, Rosetta Stone. You and J.Lo are way up there. | 冷静 罗塞塔石碑 你和J.Lo都在上面 |
[06:26] | 罗塞塔石碑 有助于解释神秘事物或未知领域的事物 J.Lo 波多黎各女歌手 | |
[06:29] | Okay, this is some BS, all right? | 行了 这都是胡扯吧 |
[06:31] | This list that you’re talking about | 你说的这个名单 |
[06:32] | does not speak for everyone. | 可不代表所有人 |
[06:34] | I’d like to argue that pop culture says otherwise. | 要我说 流行文化可不是这么告诉大家的 |
[06:36] | I mean, you have your athletes’ wives, your rappers’ girls, | 我是说 你们看看那些运动员的老婆 说唱歌手的女朋友 |
[06:41] | and all those A-list actors. | 还有那些一线演员 |
[06:46] | I mean, what kind of message do you think that’s sending? | 你觉得这传递的是什么信息 |
[06:48] | The message is… we’re not it. | 传达的信息就是 我们不是心仪对象 |
[06:51] | You are for me. | 我很喜欢你们 |
[06:52] | Black women are at the top of my list. | 黑人女孩是我的首选 |
[06:54] | There is nothing sexier than a strong, | 没有什么比一个强壮 独立 |
[06:56] | independent, confident woman. | 又自信的女人更性感的了 |
[06:58] | That’s why I’d take a Teyana Taylor or a Keke Palmer | 这就是为什么我任何时候都会选Teyana Taylor |
[07:01] | over a J.Law any day. | 或Keke Palmer而不是J.Law |
[07:03] | Okay, Vivek. | 好吧 Vivek |
[07:05] | Hey, how’s your night going? | 你晚上过得还好吗 |
[07:10] | Hey, what’s good, mami? | 嘿 美女 |
[07:10] | You down for a little Telemundo and chill? | 你愿意和我一起看看西语电视台然后放松一下吗 |
[07:15] | Uh… | 额 |
[07:20] | *Hey, DJ, rub it all night long* | *整夜放纵* |
[07:23] | *Rub it all night long* | *整夜狂欢* |
[07:24] | Hey, DJ, rub it all night long | *整夜寻欢作乐* |
[07:26] | You get it now, right? The list doesn’t lie. | 你明白了吗 名单不是瞎说的 |
[07:28] | I didn’t put myself on the list though. | 但我没把自己放在名单上 |
[07:30] | No, but your hips, your lips, and your ass did. | 你是没有 但你的胯 丰唇 翘臀出卖了你 |
[07:34] | Everybody’s always checking for the girl who looks black, | 每个人都在找看起来像黑人的女孩 |
[07:37] | but no one wants the girl who actually is. | 但没人真的想要黑人女孩 |
[07:39] | Which is why everyone’s suddenly | 这也是为什么突然之间 |
[07:41] | getting lip injections and ass shots. | 人们都去丰唇和丰臀 |
[07:43] | And wearing cornrows and rockin’ Timbs. | 梳脏辫 穿摇滚大黄靴 |
[07:46] | Yeah, but do you know why it’s like this? | 你知道为什么会这样吗 |
[07:47] | Have you ever asked one of these guys? | 你问过他们吗 |
[07:49] | No. The fact that we would even have to ask is crazy. | 没有 我们还得去问这件事简直是疯了 |
[07:52] | It makes it seem like we’re the problem. | 好像我们才是问题本身似的 |
[07:55] | Yeah, it’s like Malcolm X said, | 就像Malcolm X说的 |
[07:56] | “The most disrespected person in America is the black woman. | “在美国 最不被尊敬的是黑人女性 |
[07:59] | The most unprotected person in America is the black woman. | 最不受保护的是黑人女性 |
[08:01] | And the most neglected person in America is the black woman.” | 最被忽略的人是黑人女性” |
[08:04] | hero. | 英雄啊 |
[08:07] | Wait, but I put him down on Malcolm X. | 等等 是我告诉他Malcolm X说的那些话的 |
[08:09] | I literally sent him that speech. | 我告诉他那些话的 |
[08:14] | Uh-oh, Aaron’s got that light-skinned look in his eye. | 哦哦 Aaron眼中发射出对浅肤色的热爱 |
[08:19] | Huh? I’ve got a problem. | 嗯 我真是有问题了 |
[08:21] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:29] | Tonight has been crazy. | 今晚过得太疯狂了 |
[08:31] | First we hit up “Black Panther,” Then we went to the skate park. | 我们首先去看了< 黑豹> 然后去了溜冰场 |
[08:34] | Then we hit up the grocery store for eggs. | 接着去商店买鸡蛋 |
[08:36] | Then we egged the grocery store. | 然后我们朝超市扔鸡蛋 |
[08:40] | Finally. | 你终于回来了 |
[08:40] | – What’s up? – Hey. | – 怎么了 – 嗨 |
[08:43] | Hey, Siri, give us directions back to campus. | 你好 Siri 导航回学校的路 |
[08:43] | 请问有什么 能帮您的 | |
[08:46] | Calculating route. | 规划路线中 |
[08:48] | Siri, stop playing and take us to the nearest zoo. | Siri 停 带我们去最近的动物园 |
[08:51] | Recalculating route. | 重新规划路线中 |
[08:52] | What? Dude, no. No more stops. | 搞什么 兄弟 别了 别去了 |
[08:55] | We haven’t finished our project. We have to go back. | 我们还没做完作业呢 得回去了 |
[08:57] | Look, this is how I work. | 听着 我就是这样学习的 |
[08:59] | You’re not gonna get inspiration from sitting inside a classroom. | 你光坐在教室里是不会有任何灵感的 |
[09:02] | You’ll get it from going outside and living. | 你得出去 从生活中寻找灵感 |
[09:05] | So we’ll go back after we hit “Dingos After Dark.” | 看完”夜幕下的野狗” 就回去 |
[09:08] | – Siri, take us to San Diego. – No… | – Siri 带我们去圣地亚哥 – 别 |
[09:10] | Recalculating route. | 重新规划路线 |
[09:11] | Siri, it’s me or him. | Siri 要么听我的要么听他的 |
[09:13] | I don’t understand. | 我听不明白 |
[09:15] | You really want Siri to make that choice? | 你真的想让Siri做选择吗 |
[09:18] | I don’t. | 算了 |
[09:19] | She’s obviously gonna choose you. | 她肯定会选你 |
[09:21] | Can you please have her play Solange? | 你能让她放Solange的歌吗 |
[09:23] | Yeah, I got you. | 明白了 |
[09:24] | Siri, play some Daft Punk. | Siri 放些Daft Punk的歌 |
[09:26] | Coming right up. | 马上播放 |
[09:30] | Oh, hi. Sorry. | 打扰一下 |
[09:31] | This drink isn’t right. | 这酒喝起来不对劲 |
[09:34] | Okay. What’s wrong with it? | 出什么问题了 |
[09:35] | It tastes funny. | 尝起来很怪异 |
[09:37] | Well, what are you looking for? | 那你想要什么样的呢 |
[09:39] | A drink that doesn’t taste funny. | 尝起来不怪异的 |
[09:42] | Fine, I’ll get you a new one. | 好的 我给你拿一杯新的 |
[09:50] | – What? – Nothing. | – 怎么了 – 没什么 |
[09:52] | Am I crazy for sending the drink back? | 我把酒退回去做得不对吗 |
[09:53] | You often send your drink back. | 你经常把酒退回去 |
[09:55] | So, what, am I not supposed to get what I paid for? | 那又怎么样 我花钱了 还不能喝到我想喝的 |
[10:01] | Okay, look, I’m just gonna say it. | 好的 听着 我只是想说 |
[10:03] | We’re all friends here, right? | 我们都是朋友 对吧 |
[10:04] | We can be honest with each other. | 可以坦诚相待 |
[10:06] | Do you think this might have something to do with the fact | 你觉不觉得这可能和 |
[10:10] | that black guys are… | 黑人男孩有关 |
[10:11] | Don’t! | 别说了 |
[10:12] | No, no, Ana, it’s fine. We’re all friends. | 没事 Ana 没关系的 都是朋友嘛 |
[10:15] | We’re not that close. | 我们还没那么亲密 |
[10:17] | You’re about to insinuate that this is why black guys | 你要旁敲侧击 说这就是为什么黑人男孩 |
[10:19] | aren’t checkin’ for us, aren’t you? | 不和我们约会 是吗 |
[10:21] | See, normally I would call you a bitch right now, | 一般这时候我会骂你是个婊子 |
[10:23] | but since you’re questioning my attitude, I will hold it. | 但既然你质疑我的态度 那我就收敛点 |
[10:27] | And honestly, Nomi, no one returns more drinks than you. | 说实话 Nomi 没人退回去的酒比你更多 |
[10:31] | Oh my God, taste that. | 天哪 尝尝这个 |
[10:34] | No, I’m serious, taste it. | 我是认真的 尝尝 |
[10:35] | I want to record your face so that I can show you | 我想录下你的脸 好给你看看 |
[10:38] | what it looks like when you drink dog piss. | 你喝狗尿时是什么样子 |
[10:41] | Well, it’s like what Jazz said, I’m paying for a drink. | 就像Jazz 说的那样 我花钱了 |
[10:44] | Should I not get what I paid for? | 难道不应该得到我应得的吗 |
[10:46] | Exactly. But when you do it, it’s how you act. | 正是 但你退回酒水时 只是你的个人行为 |
[10:48] | And when I do it, it’s how black girls act. | 我做这件事 就代表了黑人女孩的形象 |
[10:50] | Right. We’re difficult, sassy, full of attitude. | 说得对 我们很难搞 粗鲁无礼 爱挑剔 |
[10:54] | I mean, for me, you’re basically rattling off a club sandwich. | 对我来说 你们这样的简直是恰到好处 |
[10:58] | What? I can’t do the passive chick. | 怎么了 我不喜欢唯唯诺诺的女生 |
[11:00] | I see that with my mom and pops. | 我看我爸妈之间经常那样 |
[11:02] | I need a little bit of danger. | 我需要一些危险 |
[11:04] | Like, maybe I got to sleep with one eye open | 就像 睡觉时还得睁着一只眼 |
[11:08] | or wonder if she’s gonna throw a toaster in the shower. | 担心她会不会在洗澡时扔吐司机 |
[11:10] | That is sexy as hell to me. | 性感死了 |
[11:15] | I’m sorry. You just lost your hero status. | 抱歉 你失去了英雄地位 |
[11:17] | Yeah, where is Aaron? | Aaron在哪里呢 |
[11:19] | So… Shukura? I’m saying that right? | Shukura 我发音正确吗 |
[11:21] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[11:22] | Awesome. Where are you from? | 太棒了 你来自哪里 |
[11:23] | Cameroon? | 喀麦隆 |
[11:24] | Cameroon. Dope. | 喀麦隆 酷 |
[11:26] | Dope. No, I’ve played them on FIFA. | 酷 我在< 足球世界>上玩过 |
[11:28] | Look, I get it. | 我明白了 |
[11:30] | I get hit with Jewish stereotypes all the time. | 我总是被犹太刻板印象困扰 |
[11:32] | Like what? You’re cheap? | 比如 你很廉价 |
[11:34] | Whoa, that was… that was quick. | 哇哦 回击够快啊 |
[11:36] | Nomi, being called cheap is not going to stop somebody | Nomi 被看作廉价并不能阻止别人 |
[11:39] | from trying to get to know you or be with you. | 了解你或是和你在一起 |
[11:41] | And how are we supposed to deal with that? | 但我们该怎么处理呢 |
[11:49] | You ready to work? | 你准备好了 |
[11:50] | Yeah, let’s go. | 是的 开动吧 |
[12:01] | Where is it? | 它去哪了 |
[12:02] | My vape pen? It’s charging. | 我的电子烟吗 它正在充电呢 |
[12:04] | No, our project. | 不 我指我们的小组作业 |
[12:07] | I trashed that. | 我把它扔了 |
[12:08] | What?! Why?! | 什么 为什么 |
[12:10] | It was garbage. | 它太垃圾了 |
[12:11] | I can’t believe you did this. Now we’re gonna fail. | 我不敢相信你竟然扔了我们的作业 我们要挂科了 |
[12:13] | I didn’t come to college to get good grades. | 我上大学又不是为了高分来的 |
[12:15] | I actually don’t know why I came to college, | 事实上我不知道我为啥会来上大学 |
[12:17] | but I’m definitely not handing in anything I’m not feeling. | 但我绝对不会交任何我没感觉的作品 |
[12:20] | I am “Not feeling” taking this class again. | 我还没做好要重修的准备 |
[12:23] | I mean, like, what is this? | 我是说 这是什么玩意 |
[12:28] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[12:29] | Oh, no, it’s… it’s great. | 不 不 它很棒 |
[12:34] | Great if you’re gonna wrap a body. | 当裹尸布挺好的 |
[12:36] | I mean, it’s old, it’s itchy, and the color is uninspiring. | 布料又旧 手感不好 颜色很老气 |
[12:40] | I know. That’s why it’s fire. | 我知道 这就是它会炸场的原因 |
[12:43] | I’m always gonna pick the things that people run away from | 我总会挑中别人弃如敝屣的东西 |
[12:46] | and look for the things that people make assumptions about. | 寻找激发人们想象力的东西 |
[12:49] | Then I make it as fire as I can, | 然后我会让它迸发出火热的生命力 |
[12:50] | and that’s what I call art, so… | 我称之为艺术 |
[12:58] | You hear this music? | 你听见这首歌了 |
[13:02] | *I know I dream about her all day* | *我知道我无时无刻不在想她* |
[13:05] | *I think about her with her clothes off* | *幻想她一丝不挂的样子* |
[13:08] | It’s too real. | 太真实了 |
[13:10] | I mean, that’s what we need to show in our work. | 这才是我们需要在作品中展现的 |
[13:13] | The realness always need to bleed through everything. | 每一件作品中都要流动着真实 |
[13:17] | *I look for ways to say “I love you”* | *我甄选方式表达”我爱你”* |
[13:21] | *But I ain’t into making love songs* | *但我不想写什么情歌* |
[13:26] | *Baby, I’m just rappin’ to this LSD* | *宝贝 我只是在歌颂爱的迷幻药* |
[13:34] | *Another quarter to the face system* | *给脸上再来一剂* |
[13:36] | *Make no mistakes, it’s all a leap of faith for love* | *半点不错 为爱放手一搏* |
[13:40] | *It takes a place in feelin’ that you crave* | *发生在我意识到你也渴望* |
[13:44] | *Doin’ love, sex, dreams* | *做着爱 性和梦* |
[13:52] | What’s up, guys? Uh, this is Shukura. | 大家好呀 这位是Shukura |
[13:54] | She’s from Cameroon. | 她来自喀麦隆 |
[13:56] | Well, I actually grew up in Denver. | 好吧 我其实在丹佛长大 |
[13:58] | But she was born in Cameroon… the motherland, okay? | 但她出生在喀麦隆 祖国母亲 |
[14:00] | Birthplace of humanity. Mama Africa. | 人类的发源地 非洲母亲 |
[14:03] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你懂的 |
[14:04] | A UN member since 1960, right? Yeah. | 1960年起就加入联合国了 对吧 |
[14:07] | – Yeah. – Uh, where’s Luca? | – 没错 – 额 Luca去哪了 |
[14:08] | Because he needs to see this. | 他必须要看到这一幕 |
[14:09] | Is he still here? He might still be here? | 他还在吗 他应该还在这吧 |
[14:11] | Well, I’m gonna go get you a drink, but when I come back, | 好吧 我去给你点杯饮料 但等下我回来的时候 |
[14:13] | can you guys take a picture of us | 你们可以帮我俩拍个照 |
[14:15] | and send it to Luca and make sure you hashtag “Motherland.” | 然后发给Luca 记得加上标签”祖国” |
[14:17] | All right? Okay. | 好吗 好的 |
[14:20] | He’s kidding, right? | 他在说笑吧 |
[14:22] | “Yeah, baby girl, you know you got the look” | “宝贝 你天生丽质难自弃” |
[14:25] | “Baby girl, you know you got the moves” | “宝贝 你各种舞步熟于心” |
[14:28] | Oh, my gosh. You’ve got to be kidding me. | 噢我的天 你在开玩笑吧 |
[14:29] | – Get out of here! – I’m telling you. | – 别说笑了 – 我说真的 |
[14:32] | – and watch “Ozark.” – Unh-unh! | – 去看< 黑钱胜地>吧 – 我不 |
[14:34] | Okay, no, Jason Bateman is bullying people without a gun. | 不 听我说 Jason Bateman不拿枪都可以碾压其他人 |
[14:37] | No way. Really? | 不会吧 真的假的 |
[14:40] | Oh! Oh, hey! | 噢 噢 嘿 |
[14:41] | Chad, this is my sister, Sky. | Chad 这是我妹妹 Sky |
[14:44] | – Sky, this is Chad. – What’s up, Sky? | – Sky 这是Chad – 你好吗 Sky |
[14:47] | That’s what I’m trying to figure out. | 我自己也想知道呢 |
[14:49] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能和你说两句吗 |
[14:51] | Uh-huh. | 好啊 |
[14:55] | So, this is the move now? | 这就是你的新招式吗 |
[14:56] | You’re about to start hooking up with white dudes? | 你要开始勾搭白人了 |
[14:58] | Well, I have no idea because you just interrupted | 我也不知道了 谁让你正好在 |
[15:00] | when he was about to buy me a summer ale. | 他要给我买夏日麦芽酒的时候过来打岔呢 |
[15:03] | I don’t even know what that is. | 我都不知道那是什么 |
[15:05] | And I also don’t know why you’re trying to act like | 我也不知道你为什么这么努力地装作一副 |
[15:07] | all of a sudden you’re into white dudes | 突然之间就变得喜欢白人一样 |
[15:09] | when you weren’t before. | 然而你以前从来不这样 |
[15:11] | Well, nobody cares when black guys do it, | 但黑人男生们这么做也没人在乎啊 |
[15:12] | so I don’t understand why you’re coming at me | 所以我无法理解你为什么要因为我也这么做 |
[15:14] | for doing the same thing. | 而针对我 |
[15:16] | I’m just saying good luck bringing Chad home to Daddy. | 我只是想说 祝你能顺利的把Chad带回家见爸爸 |
[15:19] | Okay, what are you talking about? | 好了 你在说什么呢 |
[15:21] | I just met him 10 minutes ago. | 我才认识他十分钟 |
[15:23] | He offered to buy me a drink, and I’m sorry, | 是他提出请我喝酒的 还有不好意思 |
[15:25] | but I’m tired of closing myself off from summer ales | 但我已经厌倦了别人请我喝夏日麦芽酒 我却封闭自己 |
[15:28] | because I don’t wanna keep buying my own mango ciroc. | 我不想再自己买芒果伏特加喝了 |
[15:30] | So, if you have a problem with this, you can go kick rocks. | 如果你有意见 你可以哪凉快上哪去 |
[15:54] | Can I ask you a question? | 我可以问你个问题吗 |
[15:56] | Um, okay? | 唔 可以 |
[15:58] | What’s up with you and white girls? | 你跟白人女孩是有什么事吗 |
[16:03] | You serious? | 你认真吗 |
[16:04] | Yeah. I’ve seen you around campus, | 是啊 我在学校里见过你几次 |
[16:06] | and all I ever see you is with white girls. | 每次见到你都是跟白人女孩在一起 |
[16:08] | I wanna know why. | 我想知道原因 |
[16:10] | Okay. | 好叭 |
[16:13] | Because I can? | 因为我有能力 |
[16:16] | Wow. | 哇 |
[16:17] | *Party girl* | *派对女孩* |
[16:19] | *Come on and move it, party girl* | *动起来 派对女孩* |
[16:20] | *Come on out dancing, party girl* | *跳起来 派对女孩* |
[16:22] | You feelin’ it? | 你感受到了吗 |
[16:24] | Now that’s real. | 这就是真实 |
[16:27] | God. | 天哪 |
[16:28] | I hate it when he’s right | 我好讨厌他是对的 |
[16:29] | and that he took my braided belt and made it work. | 以及取掉了我的编制腰带 化腐朽为神奇 |
[16:35] | So… | 那么 |
[16:37] | I owe you an apology. | 我欠你个道歉 |
[16:41] | For what? | 为什么 |
[16:43] | Well, you were right. | 因为你是对的 |
[16:46] | Hm, that usually happens. | 唔 那是常态了 |
[16:48] | No, seriously. | 不 说真的 |
[16:49] | I mean, if it were up to me, | 如果不是有你在 |
[16:51] | I would’ve turned in our old collection, | 我一定会拿我们的旧作品交上去的 |
[16:53] | but you pushed us to do better. | 但你推动我们去突破 |
[16:56] | That’s the thing about you. | 那就是你的闪光点 |
[16:59] | Every single time I think I’ve got it figured out | 每次我以为我想清楚 |
[17:02] | and I know what I want, | 想明白我想要什么 |
[17:03] | you help me realize that I don’t. | 你总能帮我认识到我是错的 |
[17:07] | Bet. | 确实 |
[17:07] | I think we have something here. | 我觉得我我们这里有点东西 |
[17:11] | We definitely have something here. | 我们绝对是有点东西的 |
[17:27] | What? | 咋了 |
[17:29] | No Chad? | 没有Chad吗 |
[17:34] | You’re probably gonna think I’m trying to be funny, | 你或许会觉得我在说笑 |
[17:36] | but, uh… he has a 6:00 a.M. Rock-climbing class | 但是 唔 他早上六点有攀岩课 |
[17:39] | he has to get up for, so… | 他需要早起 所以 |
[17:42] | I’d be worried if he didn’t. | 他要是没有才令人担心呢 |
[17:50] | I’m sorry I came at you like that. | 我很抱歉我冲你发飙了 |
[17:53] | I shouldn’t have said all that stuff. | 我不应该说那些话的 |
[17:55] | Nobody on campus is gonna care | 这个学校里没人会关心 |
[17:57] | if you’re a black girl dating a white guy. | 你一个黑人女孩是不是在和白人约会 |
[17:59] | It’s just… I only wanted you to do it because you wanted to. | 只是 我希望你这么做是因为你自己想这么做 |
[18:04] | Not because you’re settling. | 而不是因为你想要随波逐流 |
[18:05] | I don’t know what I want. | 我不知道我想要什么 |
[18:08] | Actually, no, that’s not true. | 不过 那么说也不对 |
[18:11] | What I want is to have the same college experience | 我想要的不过是想要和Ana或者Nomi一样的 |
[18:13] | as Ana or Nomi. | 大学生活 |
[18:16] | I get it. | 我懂你 |
[18:18] | I didn’t know it’d be like this here. | 我也不知道这里是这样子的 |
[18:21] | But if we were going to college just to meet guys, | 但如果我们上大学就是为了认识男孩 |
[18:24] | we would’ve gone to Howard or Clark. | 那还不如去霍华德大学或者克拉克大学 |
[18:26] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[18:27] | This is one experience… | 这是一次经历 |
[18:29] | a jacked-up experience, but only one. | 一次不太好的经历 但仅此一次 |
[18:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[18:35] | Don’t let it define us. | 不能让它来定义我们 |
[18:38] | Come here. | 来抱抱 |
[18:52] | Hey, can I talk to you? | 嘿 我可以和你说两句吗 |
[18:54] | Why? Is there a white girl behind us? | 为什么 我身后有个白妞吗 |
[18:56] | You got jokes. | 您可能说笑了 |
[18:58] | Look, I’ve been thinking about what you asked me last night, | 听着 你昨晚问我的问题让我想了很久 |
[19:01] | and here’s the deal… we’re in college, and I’m single. | 这是我的原因 我们在上大学 我又是单身 |
[19:03] | It’s not that deep. White girls holla at me. | 我没想得那么深 白人女孩跟我打招呼 |
[19:06] | Mexican girls holla at me. We kick it sometimes. | 墨西哥女孩跟我打招呼 我们也时不时会来电 |
[19:09] | How is that better than “Because I can”? | 这个解释哪里比”我有能力”强 |
[19:12] | I mean, what was I supposed to say? | 那我还能说什么 |
[19:14] | Hold on one second. | 等等 |
[19:16] | All of it caught me off guard. | 当时问题来得太突然了 |
[19:18] | I’m in my bag, got a couple drinks. | 我当时在想事情 又喝了几杯酒 |
[19:20] | They just played “Mask Off” For the third time. | 他们又把< Mask Off>播了第三遍 |
[19:24] | And then you come in through with the interrogation. | 然后你就来势汹汹地朝我问话了 |
[19:25] | Yeah, that’s my sister… face of an angel, heart of an MS-13. | 这就是我的妹妹 天使脸蛋 魔鬼内心 |
[19:30] | Yeah, I can see she has that gear in her. | 是啊 我看出来了 |
[19:32] | Look, I don’t want her or you or anyone thinking | 听着 我不想她或者你或者任何人觉得 |
[19:35] | I don’t like black girls | 我不喜欢黑人女孩 |
[19:36] | ’cause that’s just not the real. | 因为那根本不是真的 |
[19:38] | I don’t know where y’all from, but I’m from Queens. | 我不知道你们来自哪里 但我是皇后区来的 |
[19:41] | When I came here, it was a whole new world. | 我刚来这里的时候 仿佛打开了新世界的大门 |
[19:43] | Everybody’s so open, so I figured I’d do the same. | 每个人都那么开放 我就觉得我也得那么做 |
[19:46] | Yeah, that’s what I keep telling her. | 没错 我也这么跟她说的 |
[19:48] | It’s not so bad to open up. | 开放点没什么不好 |
[19:50] | Yeah. I’m Doug, by the way. | 是呀 顺便一提 我是Doug |
[19:54] | I’m Jazz. | 我是Jazz |
[19:59] | I’ma go to class. | 我要去上课了 |
[20:02] | Take good notes, girl. | 记得做笔记 妹子 |
[20:04] | So, Doug, you don’t happen to rock climb, do you? | 那么 Doug 你不会刚好会攀岩吧 |
[20:10] | Nah, these are Air Max 97s. | 不了 我穿着Air Max 97s |
[20:12] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[20:13] | – I can’t do that with these. – I feel you. | – 我可不能穿着它们攀岩 – 我懂的 |
[20:17] | Dude, I hate to admit it, but Luca was right. | 兄弟 我不得不承认 Luca是对的 |
[20:19] | I have a clear preference for light-skinned girls. | 我对浅肤色的女生有明显的偏好 |
[20:22] | I… This is not a good look. | 我 这可不是什么好事 |
[20:24] | Whoa. Who’s that? She is by far the star of the show. | 哇哦 这位是谁 她简直是夜空中最亮的星啊 |
[20:27] | Dude, fall back. That’s my mom. | 兄弟 别想了 那是我妈 |
[20:29] | Okay? | 好吧 |
[20:32] | Yo, wait a minute. | 诶 等等 |
[20:35] | Huh? | 啥 |
[20:36] | What? | 什么 |
[20:39] | What? | 有事吗 |
[20:40] | You don’t have a thing for light-skinned girls. | 你不是对浅肤色女孩有迷恋 |
[20:41] | You have a thing for your mom. | 你是对你妈有迷恋 |
[20:43] | Huh? | 啥 |
[20:45] | So, is your dad still in the picture or… | 那么 你爸还在世吗 还是说 |