时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Every generation is known for something. | 每一个时代都有成名作 |
[00:07] | Gen X gave us MTV, “Friends,” | X世代带给我们MTV <老友记> |
[00:11] | and the “First black president.” | 以及”第一位黑人总统” |
[00:16] | Millennials gave us reality TV, friends, | 千禧世代带给我们真人秀 众多网友 |
[00:21] | and the real first black president. | 以及第一位真正的黑人总统 |
[00:26] | And then there’s my generation, Generation Z. | 然后就是我们的世代 Z世代 |
[00:30] | The iGeneration. | 也叫i世代 |
[00:32] | We’re racially diverse, | 我们这个世代呢 人种多样 |
[00:34] | sexually diverse… | 性向多样 |
[00:37] | ultra socially conscious, and hypersensitive. | 人们的社会意识超强 还极度敏感 |
[00:37] | 我们的未来 由我们选择 | |
[00:40] | 竞赛奖牌向我们传达了危险的信号 | |
[00:40] | Hallana Barbosa是一个从7岁开始 就频繁参与竞技体育的高三学生 | |
[00:42] | Which is part of why we love our safe spaces. | 这也是我们如此热爱安全空间的原因 |
[00:47] | 踩影术 让你的孩子 免遭咸猪手 | |
[00:50] | Safe spaces… | 安全空间 |
[00:50] | 女性 中心 | |
[00:51] | a place where like-minded kids can go to be themselves, | 让志趣相投的孩子们尽情做自己 |
[00:54] | talk, and just relax | 畅聊 或者休息 |
[00:55] | 犹太 青年中心 | |
[00:56] | without the fear of being judged, criticized, or triggered. | 无需害怕被指指点点 评头论足 或者被惹毛 |
[01:00] | Come on, I am feeling very judged… | 听着 我现在不仅感觉被指指点点 |
[01:01] | – You just ruined my sign! – criticized, and triggered here! | – 你把我标志给毁了 – 被评头论足 而且已经被惹毛了 |
[01:03] | Sometimes those safe spaces can feel a little… | 有些时候 安全空间也可能会有点 |
[01:07] | not-so-safe. | 不那么安全 |
[01:48] | So, you’re probably wondering why | 你可能很好奇为什么我看起来 |
[01:50] | I look like Che Guevara in Timberland heels. | 像穿了添柏岚的切格瓦拉 |
[01:53] | Well, I, Zoey Johnson, | 我 Zoey Johnson |
[01:54] | am getting ready to resist The Man. | 准备去抗议”那个男人”了 |
[01:56] | *I’m black, y’all* | *都听好了 我是黑人* |
[01:58] | Hawkins Hall has been a safe space | 数年以来 霍金斯大厅 |
[02:00] | for black Cal U students for years, | 一直是宾州加大黑人学生的安全空间 |
[02:02] | but apparently some non-black students | 但显然 在上周的一个派对上 |
[02:04] | felt a little threatened at this party last weekend. | 几个非黑人学生感觉有点被威胁 |
[02:07] | Eliminate the Blue-Eyed Devils! | 消除所有蓝眼睛的恶魔 |
[02:09] | I thought this was just a regular costume party. | 我以为这就是一个普通的化装派对来着 |
[02:12] | I worked so hard on this! | 我准备得可走心了 |
[02:14] | So, complaints were made, | 结果呢 学校收到了不少投诉 |
[02:16] | lawsuits were threatened, | 甚至还有威胁要打官司的 |
[02:18] | a video of a tooth and toothbrush | 一支牙膏和一根牙刷 |
[02:20] | sprinting down campus went viral, | 在校园里狂奔的视频迅速蹿红 |
[02:22] | and now the administration wants to shut Hawkins down, | 现在行政部门要把霍金斯大厅关掉 |
[02:25] | and we are going to protest. | 而我们准备进行抗议 |
[02:27] | Now, quick question… | 好了 赶快帮我瞅瞅 |
[02:29] | which one of these bracelets says “I am hella woke”? | 哪一条手链在说”老娘清醒得很” |
[02:34] | In the past, my political experience | 之前 我的政治经验少得可怜 |
[02:36] | was limited to my grandma going on a hunger strike | 仅限于我奶奶的那次绝食抗议 |
[02:39] | Omarosa Manigault Newman是美国真人秀节目的参与者,作家, 特朗普总统的前政治助手 | |
[02:39] | because my dad called Omarosa a bitch. | 因为我爸说Omarosa是个婊子 |
[02:42] | Since then, I’ve tried to stay neutral. | 从那之后 我就试图保持中立 |
[02:44] | But this was my kind of politics… | 但这是我参与政治的方式 |
[02:46] | A party. | 一场派对 |
[02:49] | Hawkins Hall was poppin’, | 霍金斯大厅热闹得不行 |
[02:51] | and everyone had come together to get ready | 所有人都来这里集合 |
[02:53] | for the big protest the next day. | 为明天的抗议活动做准备 |
[02:56] | Ana was on flier duty, | Ana在做传单 |
[02:58] | Jazz and Sky were designing buttons, | Jazz和Sky在设计徽章 |
[03:00] | I was helping out with signs, | 我在帮忙做标语牌 |
[03:02] | and, well, no one was dumb enough to tell Nomi what to do, | 没人会蠢到给Nomi派任务 |
[03:05] | so she assigned herself her own task. | 所以她给自己安排了任务 |
[03:08] | Can I interest the lady in a Rosé Parks? | 小姐可否赏光品一品这杯Rosé Parks |
[03:12] | This is incredible! | 太棒了 |
[03:13] | I feel like I’m gearing up to got to war… | 我感觉我已经整装待发 要冲向战场了 |
[03:16] | that’s also fabulous. | 这战场还颇具美感 |
[03:18] | You know? It’s like… It’s just so organized. | 我是说 这一切都组织得井井有条的 |
[03:21] | Yeah. Well, you know, protests are usually organized. | 是啊 你也知道 抗议活动通常都是组织好的 |
[03:24] | That’s why they’re called “Organized protests.” | 所以才被称为”有组织的抗议活动”啊 |
[03:27] | Yeah, I know. I know. | 对 我懂 |
[03:28] | ‘Cause I protest all the time. | 因为我一直都有参加抗议活动 |
[03:35] | Yeah, don’t quote me on this, | 别跟别人说这是我说的 |
[03:36] | but I think I helped Roger Goodell | 但我觉得我可能帮Roger Goodell |
[03:37] | stop the NFL from going on strike, so… | 成功阻止了美国职业橄榄球大联盟的罢工 所以 |
[03:40] | Wow. You look great. | 哇 你看起来真棒 |
[03:43] | – Thanks for coming. – Yeah, of course. | – 谢谢你来参加这次活动 – 客气什么 |
[03:44] | – Anything for the culture. – Ah. | – 一切为了我们的文化 – 对 |
[03:47] | Not to brag, but I’m basically Michelle Obama. | 不是我吹 我简直就是米歇尔·奥巴马本人 |
[03:49] | Do you wanna grab tacos after this? Hang out? | 这边结束后要不要一起去吃塔可饼 随便转转 |
[03:53] | Uh, yeah. I-I’d be down for that. | 当然了 我很愿意 |
[03:55] | Al Sharpton 非裔美国人浸信会牧师, 民权运动家 | |
[03:55] | Can I interest the gentleman in an Ale Sharpton? | 这位先生可否赏光品一品这杯夏普顿麦芽啤酒 |
[04:00] | Tequila Mockingbird? | 杀死一杯龙舌兰 |
[04:02] | <英亩土地和一头骡子是对于被解放的非裔美国黑人的赔偿措施 莫斯科骡子是一种常见的鸡尾酒 | |
[04:02] | 40 Acres and a Moscow Mule? | 40英亩土地和一头莫斯科骡子 |
[04:04] | 40英亩土地和 一头莫斯科骡子 | |
[04:04] | Okay, we told you… you need to stop. | 我们都跟你说了 别再搞这种事了 |
[04:06] | Yeah, no one wants an “I Am Not Your Negroni.” | 对 没人想喝”我不是你的黑鬼” |
[04:08] | No one? | 真的没人吗 |
[04:10] | I cannot believe they’re trying to shut us down again. | 我真不敢相信他们又要把这里关掉 |
[04:12] | This is the second time this year | 这是今年第二起 |
[04:14] | people have complained about Hawkins. | 针对霍金斯的投诉了 |
[04:15] | *Freeze, freeze* | *站住 不许动* |
[04:17] | *So, when the Po-po roll up* | *所以等条子来的时候* |
[04:19] | *They don’t have to hold up, homie, Freeze* | *他们就不用等太久 兄弟 不许动* |
[04:21] | Hey, yo, deejay, play “Fxxk Tha Police.” | 嘿 打碟的 放 |
[04:26] | Play “Fxxk Tha Police!” | 放 |
[04:28] | – Play “Fxxk The p…” – Dude! We are the police. | – 放 |
[04:32] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:34] | I just wish they realized how important | 我就是希望他们能明白 |
[04:36] | this place was to us, you know? | 这个地方对于我们的意义 你知道吗 |
[04:37] | Yeah. No, I totally get it. | 是啊 我完全理解 |
[04:39] | Minorities need a place where you can go to just be yourself. | 少数群体需要一个他们能做自己的地方 |
[04:42] | Exactly. Thank you, Ana. | 没错 谢谢你 Ana |
[04:44] | I wish my people had a place like this to go. | 我希望我的群体也能拥有这种地方 |
[04:46] | – Well, why can’t they? – I don’t know. | – 为什么不能呢 – 我不知道 |
[04:48] | This seems like so much work. | 感觉太麻烦了 |
[04:49] | First you gotta get one open, | 首先你得找一个场地 |
[04:51] | and then fight to keep it open? | 然后还要为它能继续运行而斗争 |
[04:53] | I don’t know. I’m just not good with big stuff like this. | 我也不知道 我就是不太适合干大事 |
[04:55] | I was told my quinceañera “Lacked vision.” | 有人告诉我 我的成人礼”缺乏前瞻性” |
[04:57] | It’s easy. | 很简单的 |
[04:58] | A carefully planned protest | 一场精心策划的抗议活动 |
[05:00] | can definitely help you get your own space, okay? | 绝对能帮你争取到场地的 |
[05:02] | First you gotta get the word out on social media, | 首先你得在社交媒体上为活动造势 |
[05:04] | then you get your signatures, your permits. | 然后你就能搞定签字和许可证了 |
[05:06] | Finally, you gotta find someone crazy enough to sponsor | 最后 你得找到一个疯到敢提供资金的人 |
[05:08] | a million-dollar-liability insurance policy. | 去投一个百万美元的第三方保险 |
[05:10] | I am Professor Dr. Charles Telphy. | 我是Charles Telphy教授 |
[05:15] | Then you got everything you need, | 这就万事俱备了 |
[05:16] | and no one can shut you down. | 没人能叫停你的活动 |
[05:17] | Talk about planning. | 说到策划我可有话说了 |
[05:19] | One time, I had to rent a bouncy house | 我有一次不得不去租一个充气蹦床小屋 |
[05:21] | for my friend’s birthday party. | 就为了给我朋友办生日派对 |
[05:22] | You’d think you need a permit for that. | 有人可能以为这个需要被批准才行 |
[05:26] | You don’t. | 但是并不要 |
[05:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:29] | Oh, I almost forgot the most important thing. | 噢 我差点忘了最重要的事 |
[05:32] | You need the right slogan, like ours… | 你需要正确的口号 就像我们的这个 |
[05:34] | Black Dorms Should Matter. | “黑人空间很重要” |
[05:35] | We’re trending on Twitter right now. | 我们已经上推特热搜了 |
[05:37] | #BDSM. You might’ve seen it. | 话题是BDSM(性虐恋) 你可能也看到过 |
[05:42] | That may not be us. | 那好像不是我们 |
[05:43] | Guys, we need to change this. | 各位 我们得改口号了 |
[05:44] | Aaron, this is so awesome. | Aaron 这真的太棒了 |
[05:46] | You’re, like, legit taking action. | 你真的在采取行动 |
[05:48] | I mean, most people would just add some | 毕竟 很多人只会往自己的头像上加那种 |
[05:50] | dumb filter to their profile picture. | 傻不拉唧的滤镜 |
[05:52] | Well… | 我觉得吧 |
[05:54] | I think the right filter used at the right time | 在正确的时间 用正确的滤镜 |
[05:57] | can be a very powerful political tool. | 也不失为一种强有力的政治手段 |
[06:01] | Yeah? | 对吧 |
[06:03] | – Sure. – Yeah. | – 当然了 – 嗯 |
[06:04] | But look, black and brown, we’ve gotta stick together. | 听着 黑色人种和棕色人种 我们要团结在一起 |
[06:06] | That’s why I’m always down to help out the Latina cause. | 这就是为什么我总是很支持拉丁裔的诉求 |
[06:09] | Oh. Oh, no, no. No, no. | 噢 不是的 |
[06:11] | I’m talking about my other people… | 我是说我的其他群体 |
[06:13] | women on the Right. | 右翼女性 |
[06:16] | My right or your right? | 我的右边还是你的右边 |
[06:18] | No, she’s not referring to a physical person. | 不是 她不是在说一个具体的人 |
[06:19] | I think she means to the right of the political spectrum. | 我觉得她说的右指的是政治倾向 |
[06:23] | Conservative women. | 保守派女性 |
[06:26] | Wait, so you want a safe space for Conservatives? | 等等 你想给保守派搞一个安全空间 |
[06:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:30] | No. | 不可能 |
[06:31] | Forget everything I just told you. | 忘掉我刚刚跟你说的一切 |
[06:33] | And your slogan should be “Get the hell out of here.” | 你们的口号应该是”给老子从这儿滚出去” |
[06:36] | All right? | 懂了吗 |
[06:37] | Oh, I think they already used that one for immigration. | 这个口号好像已经被用在移民问题上了 |
[06:42] | This is my dad and Omarosa all over again. | 这简直就是我爸和Omarosa那件事的重演 |
[06:48] | So, our pre-protest party to keep Hawkins open | 我们为保住霍金斯大厅举办的抗议前派对 |
[06:52] | has taken a nasty turn. | 来了个风云突变 |
[06:54] | Wait, so you were fine with me | 等等 如果我是为拉丁裔争取安全空间 |
[06:56] | fighting for a Latina safe space, | 你没什么意见 |
[06:57] | – but not one for Conservatives? – Yeah. | – 但要是为保守派争取就不行 – 没错 |
[06:58] | You don’t need a safe space. Your safe space is Congress. | 你们不需要安全空间 你们的安全空间在国会 |
[07:01] | – The White House. – Every Reddit thread. | – 在白宫 – 在每一个论坛讨论帖里 |
[07:03] | – AM radio stations. – Basically any Cracker Barrel. | – 在所有电台里 – 基本上所有饼干桶餐厅里 |
[07:06] | Oh, my God. I love that restaurant. | 天啊 我可喜欢那个餐厅了 |
[07:08] | It’s, like, why? | 他们何必呢 |
[07:09] | Anyway, the point is, | 无论如何 重点是 |
[07:10] | everywhere I go in America, | 我到美国的每一个地方 |
[07:12] | NASCAR race | 美国纳斯卡车赛是一项在美国流行的汽车赛事 每年有超过1.5亿人次现场观众观看比赛 |
[07:12] | I feel like I’m at a NASCAR race. | 都感觉像在纳斯卡车赛现场 |
[07:13] | So, I actually need a safe space. | 所以 事实上我需要安全空间 |
[07:16] | Well, I’m not feeling very safe right now, | 行吧 我现在就感觉不太安全 |
[07:18] | because the second I said “Conservative” | 因为我一说出”保守派”这个词 |
[07:20] | – you jumped down my throat! – Oh, whoa! | – 你就开始攻击我 – 哇哦 |
[07:22] | Whoa, hey… hey, guys. | 嘿 各位 |
[07:23] | This “Fight the Parker” Sign | 这个”打败Parker”的标志牌 |
[07:25] | isn’t gonna glitter itself, so… | 需要有人涂色才能闪闪发光 那么 |
[07:27] | You know what? I’m sorry. | 算了 我道歉 |
[07:28] | I just kinda got distracted | 我只是有点心烦意乱 |
[07:29] | because we’re talking about a group of people | 因为我们讨论的是一群 |
[07:31] | who think tiki torches are appropriate protest gear. | 认为用火把示威再合适不过的人 |
[07:34] | Hey, I am not alt-right. | 嘿 我可不是极右 |
[07:36] | And maybe you’d know that if you bothered to listen to me. | 如果你费一点心思听我讲话就知道了 |
[07:39] | I am listening to you. | 我听着呢 |
[07:40] | But how can a Latina woman even be a Republican? | 但一个拉丁裔女人怎么能是共和党人 |
[07:42] | Because I believe in a lot of their policies! | 因为我赞成他们的很多政策 |
[07:45] | The policies that oppress black people | 是压迫黑人的政策 |
[07:47] | or the ones that oppress poor people? | 还是压迫穷人的政策 |
[07:48] | Actually, big government oppresses people, | 事实上 大政府才压迫人民 |
[07:50] | and California is the worst. | 加利福尼亚州尤其如此 |
[07:52] | Did you guys know that | 你们知道 |
[07:53] | we basically have no concealed carry here? | 我们基本上被禁止隐蔽持枪吗 |
[07:55] | I’m sorry, and that’s a… bad thing? | 打扰了 但这是坏事吗 |
[07:58] | – Yes. – I just realized how fun-crazy you are. | – 当然了 – 我才意识到你疯起来有多有趣 |
[08:01] | A gun escalates any situation, | 枪支会使任何情况恶化 |
[08:04] | and you wanna arm a bunch of idiots? | 你想让一群蠢货都持枪 |
[08:06] | – That… That makes sense. – Oh, so I’m an idiot now? | – 听起来可真有道理 – 哦 所以现在我是蠢货了 |
[08:08] | He didn’t mean it like that! | 他不是这个意思 |
[08:10] | Well, you may not be an idiot, | 好吧 可能你不是蠢货 |
[08:12] | but you believe in policies that are idiotic. | 但你支持愚蠢的政策 |
[08:14] | Okay, and see? This… This right here | 行 都看见了吗 现在发生的一切 |
[08:16] | is exactly the reason why I need a safe space. | 正是我需要安全空间的原因 |
[08:19] | ‘Cause for some reason Conservatives are the only group | 因为出于某种原因 保守人士是唯一一个 |
[08:22] | that it’s okay to openly hate on. | 可以被公开敌视的群体 |
[08:24] | We’re like the most oppressed group on campus. | 我们是大学里受压迫最严重的群体 |
[08:26] | – Whoa! – Come on. | – 哇哦 – 开什么玩笑 |
[08:27] | You are not more oppressed than the black man. | 和黑人比起来 你可没被压迫到哪去 |
[08:30] | – That I can promise you. – Uh, I don’t know, dude. | – 绝对是这样 – 兄弟 我不确定 |
[08:33] | I don’t think anybody is more oppressed than the gays. | 我认为同性恋才是最受压迫的 |
[08:35] | Well… | 好吧 |
[08:36] | And don’t even get me started on my other people… | 更别提我所属的另一个社群了 |
[08:39] | the Jews. | 犹太人 |
[08:40] | – Oh, God. – Here we go. | – 上帝啊 – 又来了 |
[08:41] | My people have dealt with a lot of oppression! | 我们经历了很多压迫 |
[08:44] | Not 300 years of slavery! | 你们没被奴役300年 |
[08:46] | 6 million Jews! Hitler! | 六百万犹太人死在希特勒手上 |
[08:48] | Slavery! | 奴隶制 |
[08:50] | Can’t all atrocities just get along? | 为什么不对这些暴行一视同仁呢 |
[08:53] | Look, all I’m saying | 听着 我想说的不过是 |
[08:55] | is if safe spaces are a good thing, | 如果安全空间是件好事 |
[08:57] | why can’t my group get one? | 为什么保守派不能有一个 |
[08:59] | Maybe Ana kinda has a point. | 也许Ana说得对 |
[09:02] | How do we decide who gets a safe space? | 我们是怎么决定谁能有安全空间的 |
[09:05] | It’s easy, okay? Everyone | 很简单 好吗 随便谁都行 |
[09:07] | but her! | 除了她 |
[09:11] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[09:12] | I came here to help, | 我是来帮忙的 |
[09:14] | and all you’ve done is attack me. | 结果一直在被你攻击 |
[09:18] | I’m out. | 我不干了 |
[09:22] | So, can we get back to the Jews? | 所以我们可以回到犹太问题上了吗 |
[09:24] | Okay. | 行了 |
[09:26] | So, last night had been a bust. | 所以 昨晚真是一败涂地 |
[09:28] | I didn’t get tacos, | 我没吃到墨西哥卷饼 |
[09:30] | I didn’t get enough credit | 那身充满社会觉醒意识的衣服 |
[09:31] | for my socially conscious outfit, | 也没得到足够的赞美 |
[09:33] | and my friends could no longer stand | 而我的朋友们已经无法忍受 |
[09:35] | to be in a room together. | 和彼此共处一室了 |
[09:37] | I needed a break. | 我需要缓一缓 |
[09:38] | I need to be around beautiful objects. | 我需要被美丽的东西包围 |
[09:42] | Wow. You’re here early. | 哇 你来得好早 |
[09:44] | Trying to make me look bad? | 想让我看起来消极怠工吗 |
[09:45] | You know that’s impossible. | 你知道这不可能 |
[09:48] | Nice. | 不错 |
[09:50] | But seriously, what’s good? | 说真的 怎么回事 |
[09:51] | You taking something out on that dress? | 你在拿那条裙子泄愤吗 |
[09:54] | Look, I get it… lace is very two seasons ago, | 我知道蕾丝早就过时了 |
[09:56] | but it didn’t murder your family or anything. | 可它没干出什么杀害你全家的勾当啊 |
[09:58] | Everybody’s arguing about safe spaces. | 所有人都在为安全空间争论不休 |
[10:02] | – “Safe spaces”? – Mm-hmm. | – “安全空间” – 嗯哼 |
[10:05] | No, so quiet for that. It’s such a cliche. | 没什么话可说的 老生常谈的事了 |
[10:07] | It’s, like, we get it. You have feelings. | 差不多就是 我们明白你们的感性 |
[10:10] | Your generation is softer than Drake. | 你们这一代人比Drake那代脆弱 |
[10:12] | What? Wait. Pause. Aren’t we the same age? | 什么 等等 暂停一下 我们不是一样大吗 |
[10:15] | Physically, sure. | 生理年龄的话 是的 |
[10:16] | Well, I mean, what’s so bad | 好吧 我的意思是 |
[10:18] | with somebody getting a safe space if they want one? | 如果有人想要公共空间 给他们一个又如何 |
[10:21] | All a safe space is is a bunch of people sitting around | 所谓安全空间不过就是一群人坐在一起 |
[10:23] | agreeing with each other. | 互相同意对方的观点 |
[10:24] | I’m not sure that’s what it’s about. | 我不确定你说的就是对的 |
[10:26] | It’s a place to go to feel comfortable. | 它应该是一个让人觉得舒服的地方 |
[10:28] | But that’s the thing… | 但这就是问题所在 |
[10:29] | people need to get comfortable being uncomfortable. | 人们需要在不适中寻找舒适 |
[10:34] | So, is that why you’re always | 所以 这就是你一直以来 |
[10:36] | trying to make people uncomfortable? | 试图让人感到不舒服的原因吗 |
[10:42] | – Oh, you’re… you’re doing it right now. – You’re welcome. | – 哦 你现在就让我感觉不舒服了 – 不客气 |
[10:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:48] | Are you gonna help me? | 你会帮我吗 |
[10:49] | After talking to Luca, | 跟Luca聊过以后 |
[10:51] | I started to think maybe he was right. | 我开始想 也许他是对的 |
[10:55] | My generation was so afraid of being judged, | 我们这一代人如此害怕被人评头论足 |
[10:59] | criticized, and triggered, | 害怕被批评 害怕被惹毛 |
[11:00] | but was it helping us? | 但这对我们有益吗 |
[11:03] | Maybe we all needed a little more discomfort. | 也许我们都需要给自己找一点不自在 |
[11:10] | Save Hawkins Hall! Black Dorms Should Matter! | 拯救霍金斯大厅 黑人宿舍很重要 |
[11:13] | Safe Spaces for One, Safe Spaces for All! | 安全空间非特权 人人都可享安全 |
[11:16] | Students, please, let’s keep it civil! | 同学们 请保持文明礼貌 |
[11:19] | Hey, hey! Hey, let me tell you about my safe space. | 嘿 慢着 我跟你们讲讲我的安全空间 |
[11:22] | My mom’s boyfriend built me a tree house. | 我妈的男朋友给我建了一个树屋 |
[11:23] | It was really just a few boards nailed… | 其实就是几块木板钉在一起 |
[11:25] | Was that a diaper?! | 那是个尿布吗 |
[11:27] | Did someone throw a diaper at me?! | 谁朝我扔了个尿布 |
[11:28] | Who brings a baby to a protest? Come on! | 谁会带婴儿来参加示威啊 长点心吧 |
[11:32] | Guys! Guys, what the hell is going on? | 各位 这是在干什么 |
[11:34] | Ana is trying to destroy our protest. | Ana正试图毁掉我们的示威 |
[11:37] | You have no right to be here. | 你没有资格站在这里 |
[11:38] | Yes, I do. I’ve got my permit. | 我有 我拿到游行许可了 |
[11:41] | Oh, also, thank you so much for that advice, | 另外 十分感谢你的建议 |
[11:43] | ’cause now my slogan is trending on Twitter. | 因为现在我的话题正在Twitter热搜榜上 |
[11:45] | #YesAllSafeSpaces and #YASS. | #所有人都该有安全空间和#全员安全(太棒了) |
[11:49] | What a surprise. You know, you’re profiting off my work. | 这可真是个惊喜 你从我的努力中获利 |
[11:51] | Historically that’s what Conservatives have always done, | 从历史上看 这是保守派一贯的作风 |
[11:54] | so you’re on the right track. Good job. | 你在正轨上呢 干得漂亮 |
[11:55] | – Okay, dudes, this… – Don’t touch me! | – 好了 各位 这 – 别碰我 |
[11:56] | this is a solvable problem. | 这问题很好解决 |
[11:57] | Ana, what if you… | Ana 不如你 |
[11:58] | you did your protest on a different day? | 另选一天进行示威 |
[12:01] | Look at your girl Zoey just reaching across the aisle. | 看看你们的Zoey是怎么调解党派纠纷的 |
[12:04] | Or she can just stop being stupid. | 或者她可以别再这么蠢了 |
[12:06] | Call me “Stupid” One more time. | 你敢再说我”蠢” |
[12:10] | Happily. You’re stupid. That wasn’t hard. | 乐意至极 你就是蠢 说出来一点都不费劲 |
[12:12] | – Okay, you know… – Okay, that’s my sign! | – 好 你知道 – 这是我的标语 |
[12:14] | – I worked on it… – Students, come on! Come on! | – 我花了 – 同学们 拜托了 拜托 |
[12:16] | Come on, I am feeling very judged… | 拜托了 我现在不仅感觉被指指点点 |
[12:17] | – You just ruined my sign! – …criticized, and triggered here! | – 你弄坏了我的标语 – 评头论足 而且已经被惹毛了 |
[12:19] | As Dean Parker tried to keep Ana | 正当Parker院长试图阻止Ana |
[12:21] | from going all Sinaloa on Aaron, | 暴打Aaron时 |
[12:23] | things were getting out of hand with the rest of the crowd, | 人群开始失控了 |
[12:26] | and somehow in our fight to feel safe, | 就这样莫名其妙地 我们在为安全抗争的过程中 |
[12:29] | we turned this whole campus into a war. | 让整个学校开展了一场大战 |
[12:32] | I have to go home and change my profile filter. | 我得回家改下我的头像滤镜 |
[12:37] | I could not be more disappointed. | 我失望透顶 |
[12:40] | I fielded 142 complaints of feelings getting hurt, | 我回复了142封感情受到伤害的投诉信 |
[12:43] | including one of my own. | 有一封还是我自己的 |
[12:46] | Why was my face on so many signs? | 为什么那么多标志牌上都印着我的脸 |
[12:48] | I’m cool. | 我很酷的好吗 |
[12:49] | Also, the campus is littered with trash, | 另外 学校被扔得遍地都是垃圾 |
[12:51] | three fires broke out, | 有三起失火事件 |
[12:53] | and our founder… | 而我们的创始人 |
[12:55] | What kind of monster would do this? | 什么样的魔鬼会做出这种事啊 |
[12:57] | Maybe we could use our liability insurance? | 也许我们可以用上责任保险 |
[12:59] | Yes, I have looked over these forms. | 是 我看过这些表了 |
[13:01] | Interestingly, they’re signed by Professor Telphy, | 有趣的是 虽然是Telphy教授签的字 |
[13:04] | but this is not his signature. | 但这并不是他本人的签名 |
[13:05] | 约翰·汉考克 美国革命家 政治家 是独立宣言的第一个签署人 英文中”约翰·汉考克”成为亲笔签名的代名词 | |
[13:05] | He signs all his legal documents as “John Hancock.” | 他在他所有的法律文件上都签着”约翰·汉考克” |
[13:09] | Lucky for you, Charlie doesn’t have a Social Security number, | 你们走运了 Charlie没有社保号码 |
[13:12] | so he should be relieved of any financial burden. | 所以他不用承受任何经济负担 |
[13:14] | Legally, he’s dead. | 从法律层面上说 他已经死了 |
[13:16] | It’s very difficult being his employer. | 当他的雇主可不是件容易的事 |
[13:19] | – So, we’re good? – Oh, not at all. No. | – 所以 我们没事了 – 噢 恰恰相反 |
[13:22] | Your voices got in the way of student safety. | 你们的抗议妨碍了学生们的安全 |
[13:25] | So, no. We’re not good. | 所以 不能这样不了了之 |
[13:28] | It was supposed to be a peaceful protest. | 这本来该是个和平抗议的 |
[13:32] | All I was asking was for my cause to be respected. | 我只是希望我的诉求得到尊重 |
[13:35] | Get a better cause. Maybe I’ll respect it. | 找个好点的诉求吧 说不定我就尊重了 |
[13:37] | You wanna start with me again, bro?! | 你又想挑事是吧 兄弟 |
[13:38] | – Miss Torres, please! – Sorry. | – Torres小姐 – 对不起 |
[13:42] | I’ve been through a lot today. | 我今天经历了太多糟心事 |
[13:44] | My feelings are hurt, I’m very emotional, | 感情受到了伤害 情绪也很不稳定 |
[13:47] | and I just found out my block is riddled with sex offenders. | 还发现我住的街区里全是性罪犯 |
[13:49] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[13:50] | So I’m gonna settle this argument once and for all. | 所以我要把这次冲突一次性解决 |
[13:53] | They’re disbanding Hawkins?! | 他们要关掉霍金斯吗 |
[13:55] | Well, it’s not just Hawkins. | 这个嘛 不仅仅是霍金斯 |
[13:57] | It’s the LGBT dorm, | 还有LGBT大厅 |
[13:59] | the international dorm, the athletic dorm. | 国际大厅 运动员大厅 |
[14:03] | They all have to be neutral now. | 现在它们都得保持中立了 |
[14:05] | This is so messed up! | 这简直是胡来 |
[14:07] | Okay, Zoey, you… you have to believe me. | 好了 Zoey 你得相信我 |
[14:08] | This isn’t what I wanted at all. | 这完全不是我想要的结果 |
[14:10] | Yeah, but it happened. | 是啊 但它就这么发生了 |
[14:13] | Ana, you incited an actual, physical riot. | Ana 你挑起了一场实实在在的暴动 |
[14:16] | Uh, I was exercising my right to free speech. | 呃 我是在行使我的言论自由权 |
[14:20] | Can you please stop spouting these political buzzwords? | 你能不能别再叨叨那些政治流行语了 |
[14:23] | I’m trying to tell you that real people got hurt. | 我想告诉你的是 真的有人因此受了伤 |
[14:25] | Real people get hurt when they don’t have their rights. | 他们正因为被剥夺了应有的权利才会受伤 |
[14:29] | My grandpa has been in jail in Cuba for five years now | 我爷爷已经在古巴蹲了五年监狱了 |
[14:33] | because he said one thing the government didn’t like. | 就因为他说了那么一件政府不喜欢的事 |
[14:37] | So, don’t tell me that “Free speech” is just some buzzword | 所以别跟我说“言论自由”只是什么流行语 |
[14:40] | because it is everything when you don’t have it. | 因为在你没有言论自由的时候 它就意味着一切 |
[14:46] | God, I’m… I’m sorry. | 天 我很抱歉 |
[14:49] | I had no idea. | 我一点也不知道 |
[14:51] | No, because you guys judge me | 当然 因为你们连我的话都没听完 |
[14:53] | before I can even finish a thought. | 就在那里评判我 |
[14:56] | You all assume that I’m just some idiot. | 你们都觉得我就是个傻子 |
[14:58] | I’m sorry, and I don’t think of you as some idiot. | 真的对不起 还有 我没觉得你是傻子 |
[15:02] | I mean, for starters, | 我的意思是 首先 |
[15:05] | you do have incredible taste in friends. | 你在交朋友方面就很有品味啊 |
[15:09] | What? | 什么 |
[15:11] | I just wanna say, I’m… | 我只是想说 |
[15:12] | I’m listening if you wanna finish that thought. | 如果你想把之前没说完的话说完 我听着呢 |
[15:17] | You really wanna talk politics with me? | 你真的想跟我讨论政治吗 |
[15:21] | How much ice cream do we have? | 我们还剩多少冰淇淋来着 |
[15:28] | The more I listened to Ana | 听Ana说得越多 |
[15:29] | and how passionate she was about her beliefs, | 看到她对她的信仰那么有激情 |
[15:32] | the more I realized things weren’t always black and white. | 我就越意识到事情并不总是非黑即白的 |
[15:35] | She’s a Republican | 她支持共和党 |
[15:36] | who believes in gay rights and climate change. | 却也支持同性恋权利 相信气候变化 |
[15:39] | She had some crazy ideas about e-mail servers… | 她对电子邮箱服务器有一些疯狂的想法 |
[15:42] | but we had a lot more in common than I thought. | 但我们的共同点还是比我想象的要多 |
[15:45] | All I needed was for Aaron to see that, too. | 我需要做的 就是让Aaron也看到这一点 |
[15:48] | Hell, no! | 做梦吧 |
[15:48] | I just think if you talked to Ana | 我只是觉得如果你跟Ana谈谈 |
[15:50] | and really listened to her, | 好好听她说的话 |
[15:51] | then you’d understand where she’s coming from. | 你就能理解她的出发点了 |
[15:53] | Do you understand where I’m coming from? | 你又理解我的出发点吗 |
[15:54] | Well, I mean, I want to. I think I do. | 呃 我想理解你 我觉得我理解你 |
[15:58] | Do you know the black population at Cal U? | 你知道在宾州加大黑人占多大比例吗 |
[16:01] | Yeah, it’s 75% of my friends, so that’d be like… | 知道啊 75%可都是我的朋友 所以大概是 |
[16:03] | …73%? | 73%吗 |
[16:06] | It’s 4%, Zoey. 4%. | 是4% Zoey 4% |
[16:08] | Do you know that there were two weeks last year | 你知道吗 去年有整整两个周 |
[16:10] | where I didn’t see any black people | 我没看到过任何黑人 |
[16:11] | except for on “The Walking Dead”? | 除了在<行尸走肉>里 |
[16:12] | Until they got killed | 而且那里面的黑人 |
[16:14] | – by the white guy with the crossbow. – Daryl. | – 还被那个白人弩男杀了 – 他叫Daryl |
[16:16] | But this was the only place on campus I could go | 这是校园里唯一一个能让我 |
[16:19] | and be around black people and celebrate our culture. | 跟黑人同胞在一起庆祝我们文化的地方了 |
[16:23] | You know, it wasn’t just to voice my opinion. | 这不仅仅是为我自己发声 |
[16:24] | It was more than that, and now the whole… | 它还有更多意义 但现在一切 |
[16:26] | – the whole thing is wrecked. – I’m sorry. | – 一切都毁了 – 对不起 |
[16:28] | And I know Ana feels terrible, | 我知道Ana感觉很糟糕 |
[16:30] | but, I mean, she’s kinda in the same position now, too. | 但是 我是说 你们现在差不多处于同样的困境中 |
[16:32] | We are not in the same position. | 我和她的情况并不一样 |
[16:34] | Please, let’s be clear on that. | 我们得把这一点说清楚 |
[16:35] | N-N-No one knows Ana’s political views | 没人会知道Ana的政治观点 |
[16:38] | until she states them. | 除非她自己说出来 |
[16:40] | As for me, I am black the minute that I walk into a room. | 但我一进屋 人们就会知道我是黑人 |
[16:43] | So are you. Why are you not more angry about this? | 你也是啊 你为什么不再因此愤怒了呢 |
[16:45] | God, I am angry! But it’s not that simple. | 天哪 我很愤怒啊 但是事情没那么简单 |
[16:47] | Yes, it is that simple. | 事情就是那么简单 |
[16:48] | Clearly, you’re just a shallow girl from Sherman Oaks… | 很明显 你就是个谢尔曼橡树街来的肤浅女生 |
[16:51] | – What? – …who doesn’t care about anybody | – 什么 – 不关心任何 |
[16:53] | …with real problems, | 真正有困难的人 |
[16:54] | so she stands back and allows herself | 这样就能心安理得地后退一步 |
[16:56] | to be complacent in shit that could really hurt people. | 冷眼旁观那些真的能伤害到别人的破事 |
[17:20] | Ana Ana. | |
[17:22] | Sit. | 来坐 |
[17:24] | – You sure that’s a good idea? – Nope. | – 你确定这是个好主意吗 – 不是 |
[17:26] | – Why not? – Yeah, it’s been a slow day. | – 怎么就不是了 – 对啊 今天过得有点沉闷 |
[17:28] | – I wanna see a good fight. – Okay. | – 我想看他们好好打一架 – 行吧 |
[17:30] | – Never mind. – Come on. Please? | – 算了 – 过来吧 求你啦 |
[17:33] | For me. | 为了我 |
[17:35] | Why? So you can just pull up another fence to sit on? | 为什么 方便你在墙头两边倒吗 |
[17:38] | Hey, guess what? I have my own opinion, | 嘿 听着 我有我自己的主张 |
[17:40] | and it’s not just some co-opted belief | 而且绝不是从我读过的 |
[17:41] | from the last Ta-Nehisi Coates article I read, okay? | 上一篇塔那西斯·科茨的文章抄来的 好吗 |
[17:44] | And even if you don’t agree with it | 就算你不同意我的主张 |
[17:45] | doesn’t make it any less valid. | 也不会降低它的合理性 |
[17:47] | Dude, you aren’t the only one here who cares. | 兄弟 你不是我们这里唯一一个在乎话语权的人 |
[17:50] | And, you know, | 而且你知道吗 |
[17:50] | maybe if you weren’t so in love with your own voice, | 如果你没那么迷恋自己的话语权 |
[17:52] | – you’d still have a dorm. – Ooh! | – 可能你的大厅还在呢 – 噢 |
[17:54] | Aaron, you are an asshole for not letting her have an opinion. | Aaron 你是个混蛋 因为你不允许她有自己的主张 |
[17:58] | And my dear, lovely, sweet roommate, | 我亲爱的 可爱的甜甜室友 |
[18:00] | you are an asshole for getting Hawkins closed. | 你也是个混蛋 你害得霍金斯被关闭了 |
[18:03] | I don’t have to be here for this, right? | 我没必要留在这吧 反正和我没关系 |
[18:05] | – Sit. We’re all assholes. – Okay. | – 坐下 我们都是混蛋 – 好吧 |
[18:07] | Look, I know I come off like I don’t stand for anything, | 我知道 我好像一直表现得像是没什么主张 |
[18:10] | but I do. | 但我是有的 |
[18:11] | I stand for my friends. | 我的主张就是 我支持我的朋友 |
[18:13] | And sure, I believe in safe spaces, | 当然 我相信安全空间的必要性 |
[18:15] | but unless everyone has a voice, none of us have a voice. | 但如果不是人人都能为自己发声 我们谁都没有真正的话语权 |
[18:19] | So, can we all agree to just listen to each other? | 所以 我们能不能达成一致 至少要互相倾听 |
[18:23] | Can we all agree to | 能不能说好 |
[18:24] | just not be assholes to each other, please? | 不要对自己人犯浑 行吗 |
[18:28] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[18:30] | Okay. Great. | 很好 |
[18:32] | I still have to move into the, uh, | 我还是得转场 |
[18:34] | substance-free dorm next quarter, but… | 去旁边的禁烟酒毒大厅 但 |
[18:36] | it’s great. | 这挺好的 |
[18:41] | And that’s why you have to reconsider | 这就是你应该重新考虑 |
[18:43] | closing all the safe spaces. | 要不要关闭所有安全空间的原因 |
[18:45] | Because unless everyone has a voice, no one has a voice. | 因为如果不是人人都能为自己发声 那谁都没有真正的话语权 |
[18:50] | No. | 不 |
[18:53] | Just give it a second and let it sink in, please? | 请您花点时间好好想想我说的话 可以吗 |
[18:55] | That’s the way my friends felt at first, too. | 我的朋友们一开始也是这种感受 |
[18:58] | Miss Johnson, I… | Johnson小姐 我 |
[18:59] | really appreciate that you consider me a friend, | 非常感谢你能把我视为朋友 |
[19:02] | but these spaces | 但这些空间 |
[19:03] | are making everyone on campus uncomfortable. | 让校园里的每个人都觉得不适 |
[19:06] | Well, you know, a wise person once told me | 这个嘛 曾经有一位智者告诉我 |
[19:08] | that we have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. | 我们应当在不适中寻找舒适 |
[19:11] | I mean, that’s what college is about. | 这就是大学的意义所在 |
[19:13] | We should learn from our discomfort. | 我们应该从不适中学到东西 |
[19:16] | Okay, Miss Johnson, let me be very clear. | 好了 Johnson小姐 我现在说清楚 |
[19:19] | The reality of this situation is | 这件事的真实情况就是 |
[19:20] | these groups cannot find a way to coexist peacefully. | 这些团体无法找到和平共处的方法 |
[19:24] | Well, if I prove to you that they can, | 那如果我向你证明他们可以 |
[19:26] | will you reconsider? | 你会重新考虑吗 |
[19:27] | I don’t think you’re allowed back here. | 我觉得你不能去那后面 |
[19:29] | It’s too late. | 太迟了 |
[19:49] | Impressive. | 了不起 |
[19:52] | They do know what “BDSM” Stands for, right? | 他们知道”BDSM”是什么意思吧 |
[19:54] | – I’m honestly not sure. – Ah. | – 实际上我不确定 – 啊 |
[20:10] | What? | 什么 |
[20:12] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[20:14] | No, seriously. What? | 说真的 什么啊 |
[20:19] | It’s just what you said, and, uh, what you did for Hawkins. | 就是你说的那些话 还有你为霍金斯做的事 |
[20:22] | Not too bad for a shallow girl from Sherman Oaks, huh? | 对于谢尔曼橡树街的肤浅女来说 还不赖吧 哈 |
[20:26] | You’re definitely more than that. | 你绝对不止是那种女孩 |
[20:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:30] | And when Hawkins is off probation, | 等霍金斯大厅重新开放 |
[20:33] | we’ll throw a party to celebrate, | 我们会举办一个庆祝派对 |
[20:34] | and you’ll be the first one invited. | 你就是第一个受邀者 |
[20:35] | Oh, great. I’m so flattered. Just no costumes. | 噢 太好了 我很荣幸 只要不是化装派对 |
[20:38] | But th… Costume parties are a basic human right. | 但是 化装派对是一项基本人权啊 |
[20:41] | Okay, I’m done fighting with you. | 好吧 我懒得跟你争了 |
[20:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:46] | – Doesn’t mean you win. – Yes. | – 并不代表你赢了 – 是的 |
[20:46] | – Don’t… No, not the smile. – Yes, it does. | – 别 别那样笑 – 是的 我就是赢了 |
[20:48] | You have something on your face. Can I please get it? | 你脸上有东西 我能拿掉它吗 |