时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | With Cal U’s 299-acre campus, | 在299英亩的加大校园里 |
[00:07] | 45,000 students, and 20,000 faculty and staff, | 学生45000个 员工20000名 |
[00:13] | you’d think your world would be big and broad enough | 你就以为自己的世界大到 |
[00:15] | to easily avoid running into your ex. | 足以避开前任 |
[00:19] | But when you’re in college, | 但是身在学校里 |
[00:21] | that world can start to feel like the size of a snow globe, | 你渐渐觉得世界不过雪花水晶球大小 |
[00:25] | and that’s when things become complicated. | 这时候事情就变复杂了 |
[00:29] | And before you know it, your ex is everywhere you look, | 在你意识到以前 前任便无处不在了 |
[00:34] | and you can’t seem to avoid him at all. | 你似乎根本无法避开他 |
[00:44] | I’d assumed breaking up with Luca | 我以为和Luca分手后 |
[00:46] | would pretty much mean our interactions would be extremely limited. | 就没什么接触的机会了 |
[00:51] | You know, the occasional “Hi. Bye. Zoey, you look amazing”. | 就剩下偶尔的 “嗨 再见 Zoey 你气色不错” |
[00:55] | But it turned out co-existing with my ex in a campus bubble | 但结果是 和前任生活在同一个校园里 |
[01:00] | would result in enough mental madness | 会让人精神错乱 |
[01:04] | that I’d be forced to consider the age-old question… | 让我无奈地思考起老掉牙的问题 |
[01:08] | Is it possible to be friends with your ex? | 和前任有可能做朋友吗 |
[01:51] | Oh, shit! | 哦 妈的 |
[01:54] | Hey, guys. What’s up? | 嘿 小伙伴 在干嘛呢 |
[01:56] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[01:59] | This guy is literally everywhere. | 这家伙真的是无处不在 |
[02:01] | In this case, I mean literally “Literally”, | 我说的真的 意思是真的”真的” |
[02:04] | which is literally the first time I’m using this word correctly. | 也是我第一次真的用对这个词 |
[02:08] | I’m a Junior now, guys. | 我现在大三了 朋友们 |
[02:11] | Luca brought me bone broth. | Luca给我带了骨头汤 |
[02:13] | Isn’t that sweet? | 他是不是很贴心 |
[02:15] | It’s vegan. The bones are coral. | 汤是素的 骨头其实是珊瑚 |
[02:18] | Wow. I literally can’t think of anything sweeter. | 哇哦 我真的没见过比这更贴心的了 |
[02:23] | Gotta be honest… less confident on that one. | 诚实来说 这次用得不是很准确了 |
[02:34] | So, should we hang out? | 我们要不要出去转转 |
[02:36] | Like, watch something, or… ? | 像是去看点什么 或是 |
[02:37] | Yeah, no. | 不了 |
[02:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:40] | I should probably go. | 我该走了 |
[02:41] | – Yeah. – Bye, baby. | – 好的 – 拜 宝宝 |
[02:44] | Baby. | 宝宝 |
[02:45] | Don’t start. | 先别说话 |
[02:47] | Bye! | 拜 |
[02:49] | The baby says bye, too. | 宝宝也说了再见 |
[02:52] | Wow! Whoa. Way to make it awkward. | 哇哦 吼 尴的一手好尬 |
[02:54] | I’m sorry, but he really caught me off-guard. | 抱歉 但是看到他真的让我猝不及防 |
[02:58] | Nomi, I expect to run into him on campus at the fashion building, | Nomi 我知道会在学校时尚楼里和他偶遇 |
[03:02] | or outside of the fashion building | 或者时尚楼外 |
[03:04] | where he sits on a low branch and chain-smokes. | 撞见他在坐在矮树枝上一根根抽烟 |
[03:06] | I do not expect it in my house, | 但是我没想到 会在家遇到他 |
[03:09] | here, eating bone broth from the sea. | 喝着海洋骨头熬的汤 |
[03:12] | Okay, look, Luca and I… | 好吧 听着 Luca和我 |
[03:14] | we bonded really hard last year when we all lived together, | 我们去年住在一起那会儿成了特别好的朋友 |
[03:16] | and he’s the only one who’s treated me normally | 而且他是唯一一个知道我怀孕以后 |
[03:19] | since I’ve been pregnant. | 对我一如平常的人 |
[03:20] | So, just… can you just, like, | 所以 就 你可不可以就 |
[03:23] | put aside any weirdness and try to be friends with him? | 粉饰太平一下 试着和他做朋友 |
[03:26] | For my sake? | 当是为了我 |
[03:30] | For the baby’s sake? | 为了我的宝宝 |
[03:33] | I can say no to Nomi, | 我能对Nomi说不 |
[03:34] | but how do I say no to an unborn baby? | 但是对还未出生的孩子 我怎么能说不 |
[03:39] | No. | 不行 |
[03:41] | I don’t know that baby yet. | 现在我还不认识这个宝宝呢 |
[03:56] | Okay, seriously? | 认真的吗 |
[03:58] | How am I seeing him more now than when we were together? | 现在看到他的次数怎么比以前交往的时候更多了 |
[04:04] | Hey, do you think I should ask Luca if he wants to join us? | 嘿 你们觉得我该不该叫Luca过来一起玩 |
[04:07] | Yeah. It’s so sad. | 是啊 太可怜了 |
[04:08] | We’re all over here having fun without him. | 我们在这玩得这么开心 而他却不能参与 |
[04:11] | Possibly because we’re here without him. | 大概就是因为他没有和我们坐在一起 |
[04:13] | He was part of our friend group before. | 以前他是我们中的一员 |
[04:14] | How long do we have to wait until he can be part of the friend group again? | 还要等多久他才会回到我们当中来 |
[04:17] | To be clear, he was never part of my friend group. | 我申明一下 他从来都不是我朋友 |
[04:19] | By my estimation, | 在我看来 |
[04:20] | he has already violated the 200 by 200 rule. | 他已经违反了200×200原则 |
[04:23] | All exes should keep at least 200 feet away | 远离所有前任 距离起码200英尺 |
[04:26] | for at least 200 days. | 时间至少200天 |
[04:27] | I like five by five. Keep ’em close. | 我喜欢5×5 把他们放在眼皮底下 |
[04:30] | Nomi wants me to try and be friends with him for the sake of the baby. | Nomi希望我为了宝宝 试着和他当朋友 |
[04:34] | But you don’t even know that baby. | 但是你都还不认识她的宝宝 |
[04:36] | What does the baby have to do with you? | 她的宝宝和你又有什么关系呢 |
[04:37] | That’s what I’m saying, | 这就是我说的 |
[04:39] | but I guess she just wants her two closest friends to get along. | 但是我想 她就是希望最好的两个朋友能好好相处 |
[04:42] | Okay, that is asking for too much | 这要求就太过了 |
[04:43] | because if Doug and I broke up, | 因为如果我和Doug分手 |
[04:45] | he automatically becomes your enemy, right? | 他自然成为了你们的敌人 对吧 |
[04:48] | Yeah, if we break up, | 是啊 如果我们分手了 |
[04:48] | I’m pretty sure one of us would have to transfer. | 我们其中一个肯定要变成公敌 |
[04:52] | Me. Me. | 是我 是我 |
[04:54] | I… I-I would transfer, baby. | 我 我 我会成为公敌 宝贝 |
[04:56] | I don’t think you have to cut people out of your lives | 我不觉得分手了 |
[04:58] | just ’cause you’re not with them anymore. | 就一定要将某个人排斥在生活之外 |
[05:00] | I mean, I’m cool with all of my exes, even this guy. | 我能平常心对待所有前任 即使是这家伙 |
[05:03] | Whoa. Technically, we were never together, so… | 吼 严格来说 我们没有在一起过 所以 |
[05:05] | Okay, well, technically, you cry after sex, | 好吧 严格来说 做爱后你哭了 |
[05:09] | so, yeah, maybe we shouldn’t be friends. | 所以 大概我们不应该做朋友 |
[05:10] | Um, my bad that I get moved after my excellent performances. | 啊 是我的错 不该被自己的高超床技感动到哭 |
[05:14] | – Also, that was supposed to be between us. – Oops. | – 而且 这应该只有你知我知 – 哎呀 |
[05:16] | Well, after five days, I tried the friend thing, | 我试着和前任做五天朋友后 |
[05:18] | and it did not work. | 结局并不好 |
[05:19] | I mean, I had to block Junior | 我不得不拉黑Junior |
[05:20] | because he was struggling so hard to let it go. | 因为他真的很难放下 |
[05:23] | I mean, he tried to make #Skunior a thing. | 他曾尝试让#Skunior火起来 |
[05:29] | It did not trend. | 但是失败了 |
[05:30] | I think we should all agree to just not smash within the friend group. | 我想我们都同意不要对朋友下手 |
[05:33] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:34] | Now you say that, Sniffles. | 现在你这么说了 爱哭鬼 |
[05:36] | One tear, Ana. One. | 我只掉了一滴眼泪 Ana 一滴 |
[05:38] | Damn. | 该死的 |
[05:39] | I mean, I wish I had an endless list of heartbreaks | 我希望我也能和你们一样 |
[05:41] | and countless drama like you guys. | 有无数的心碎和狗血 |
[05:43] | Eh, there does not need to be drama. | 呃 其实也没必要搞得这么狗血 |
[05:45] | Matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[05:46] | Luca and I were friends well before we got together, | 我和Luca在一起以前 做了很久的朋友 |
[05:50] | so I am sure we are mature enough to become friends again. | 所以我确信我们足够成熟 能再次成为朋友 |
[05:54] | We can do this. | 我们可以的 |
[06:04] | Hey, bro. | 嘿 哥们儿 |
[06:06] | Wanna come join us over there? | 要不要过来和我们一起 |
[06:10] | Nah, I’m good. I’m with people. | 不了 没事 我有伴了 |
[06:12] | Oh, cool, cool, cool. Friends? | 哦 很好 很好 很好 朋友吗 |
[06:14] | No, Zoey, they’re just people. | 不是 Zoey 他们就是伴 |
[06:19] | What in the world did we ever talk about when we were together? | 我们在一起的时候到底聊什么的 |
[06:23] | Well, are you doing anything fun tonight after you leave? | 今晚趴体后打算去玩点什么吗 |
[06:28] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[06:33] | You? | 你呢 |
[06:34] | Oh, me? | 哦 我吗 |
[06:35] | Uh, well, I think some of us are gonna go to the diner after this | 呃 我想我们中的几个会去餐厅 |
[06:38] | and get some milkshakes. | 然后喝点奶昔 |
[06:40] | You want to come through? | 你想来吗 |
[06:43] | Mm, not particularly. | 嗯 不是特别想 |
[07:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:05] | Hoo. | 呼 |
[07:06] | It doesn’t particularly look like we’re gonna be friends after all. | 看来我们当不成朋友了 |
[07:10] | Sorry, Nomi’s baby, whoever you are. | 抱歉了 Nomi的宝宝 不管你是谁吧 |
[07:13] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[07:18] | This is the pivotal moment where Kanye commanded the stage, | 这是侃爷掌控舞台的关键时刻 |
[07:22] | spoke to his audience, | 他在观众前讲话 |
[07:23] | and fearlessly stole this poor, unidentified white girl’s shine. | 大胆地抢走了这个可怜的无名女性白人的风头 |
[07:28] | The diction, the conviction, the dereliction. | 发音 定罪 渎职 |
[07:32] | These are all lessons that you will learn | 这些都是 美国黑人公共演讲课上 |
[07:33] | in this African-American public-speaking class, | 我们要学到的 |
[07:37] | where I will also prepare you, too, | 在这里我来帮你们装备自己 |
[07:40] | to steal some unidentified white person’s shine. | 让你们也能压过某些无名白人的气势 |
[07:43] | So… | 那么 |
[07:45] | We begin with… | 首先 |
[07:47] | the, uh… | 这 啊 |
[07:51] | Uh… s… | 啊 |
[07:58] | Nobody move. I’m going to go call my lawyer. | 都别走 我去打电话给我的律师 |
[08:00] | – Hi. Hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 你好 – 你好 |
[08:02] | I don’t mean to bother you or anything, | 不是故意打扰你 |
[08:03] | but I just had a question about | 只是想问你一个问题 |
[08:05] | what exactly is going on right now? | 现在究竟是什么情况 |
[08:07] | Mm, don’t worry. He’s nobody. | 嗯 别担心 他不重要 |
[08:10] | Well, how does he have a teaching job, then? | 呃 那他是怎么当上了老师 |
[08:14] | Mm, he’s Dean of Students. | 嗯 他是教导主任 |
[08:17] | Apparently, he missed academia so much | 很显然 这位太怀念教育事业 |
[08:19] | that he created and then assigned himself | 所以自己开设并自己担任主讲 |
[08:21] | to teach this questionably racist public-speaking class. | 这门涉嫌种族歧视的公共演讲课 |
[08:25] | Wow. Um… | 哇哦 呃 |
[08:27] | well, I’m starting to think | 好吧 我开始觉得 |
[08:29] | doing my exchange program here was maybe a bad idea. | 来这边做交换生并不是个好主意 |
[08:32] | Depends. Where did you transfer from? | 看情况 你从哪里交换过来的 |
[08:34] | – Spelman. – Oh. | – 斯皮尔曼学院 – 哦 |
[08:35] | I’d really like to say no, | 我真的想告诉你并不是 |
[08:36] | but yeah, that was a bad idea. | 但是的确 来这交换是个糟糕的决定 |
[08:39] | One of my biggest regrets is the fact that I never applied there. | 我最大的遗憾之一就是 当初没申请你那所学校 |
[08:42] | I just really thought | 我当时非常确信 |
[08:44] | that I was gonna miss my family. | 我一定会特别想家 |
[08:46] | But I was wrong. | 是我想错了 |
[08:47] | Well, now that I know one of your biggest regrets, | 好吧 我现在知道你一个最大的遗憾了 |
[08:50] | then I should probably know your name. | 好像应该知道一下你的名字 |
[08:51] | I am so sorry. | 真不好意思 |
[08:53] | Um, I am Zoey, and welcome to Cal U. | 那个 我叫Zoey 欢迎来到加大 |
[08:58] | I’m Jillian, and I get it. | 我是Jillian 我明白的 |
[09:01] | I mean, I already miss Spelman a lot. | 其实 我已经开始思念斯皮尔曼学院了 |
[09:03] | I wish we met a few weeks ago | 真希望能在几周前认识你 |
[09:05] | ’cause my roommates threw the best HBCU-style party. | 因为我室友才办了最厉害的传统黑人大学派对 |
[09:08] | Wait, I was there. That was a sick house. | 等等 我去了那个派对 那个房子很不错啊 |
[09:11] | I left right after the cops tackled that naked dude with the braid. | 我看到警察制服那个扎辫子的裸男之后就走了 |
[09:18] | Who was that guy? | 那个人是谁啊 |
[09:20] | I dunno. | 我也不认识 |
[09:22] | Certainly no one I’ve ever kissed. | 反正我肯定没亲过这种神经病 |
[09:24] | No. | 没发生过 |
[09:30] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:32] | Oh, hey. | 哦 嘿 |
[09:34] | Sorry I was being weird last night. | 很抱歉我昨晚那个态度 |
[09:35] | I was super blazed. | 我当时脑袋是懵的 |
[09:37] | I started using this indica contact-lens solution. | 我当时在用大麻隐形眼镜 |
[09:40] | I couldn’t even keep my eyes open. | 眼睛都睁不开 |
[09:41] | Oh, were things weird? | 哦 当时有什么奇怪的吗 |
[09:44] | That’s why things were so weird! | 他态度奇怪的原因原来是这个 |
[09:47] | You know, I feel like I have a real shot at friendship with this weirdo. | 你猜怎么着 我真的感受到一丝跟这个怪胎做朋友的可能性 |
[09:51] | That’s a dope jacket. | 这个外套挺酷的哦 |
[09:53] | Oh. Thanks. | 哦 谢了 |
[09:54] | It’s Anti-Muse, the line you inspired. | 这个是Anti-Muse的 这个系列还是你提供的灵感 |
[09:56] | Well, as your inspiration, | 哦 那作为你的灵感来源 |
[09:57] | I feel like I at least deserve a free shirt. | 我觉得我值得一件免费T恤的奖励 |
[10:00] | Let me talk to the boss, see what I can figure out. | 我回头去问问老板 看能给你点什么 |
[10:01] | Okay, well, I’m excited to see your new line. | 哦 好啊 期待见到你的新系列 |
[10:04] | Cool. Spread the word. | 嗯 帮我宣传下哦 |
[10:05] | I’m trying to get it out there. Antimule.Com. | 我在推广这个网站的 Antimule.Com |
[10:08] | I accidentally bought the wrong domain name. | 我不小心买错了域名 |
[10:11] | Anyways, what’s done is done. | 反正也将错就错吧 |
[10:15] | As I watched Luca go, | 当我看着Luca离去的背影 |
[10:17] | I wondered why he had that roll-y bag, | 我很奇怪他为什么拉着个旅行箱 |
[10:20] | and equally, why I hadn’t asked him about it. | 也奇怪自己为什么没有问他 |
[10:23] | But I realized that with our easy banter | 但我意识到 能轻松地开玩笑 |
[10:25] | and a glimmer of our old friendship coming back to life, | 我们之间的友谊有了死而复生的一丝希望 |
[10:28] | I didn’t want to mess up what seemed to be | 我不想破坏 |
[10:29] | the beginning of a new chapter in our conscious uncoupling. | 分手后和平共处的第一步 |
[10:33] | Damn. | 我的天 |
[10:36] | I inspired some fire stuff. | 我激励了这么酷炫的东西 |
[10:39] | Oh, I am such a good friend. | 哦 我真是个好朋友 |
[10:43] | Spread the word. | 请广而告之 |
[10:49] | It had been two weeks, | 已经过去两周了 |
[10:51] | and Luca and I were genuinely in the friend zone. | Luca和我真的进入了朋友状态 |
[10:54] | I was feeling great about how maturely we were behaving, | 我为我们的成熟表现感到十分骄傲 |
[10:58] | and according to Nomi, her baby was extremely pleased. | 而且据Nomi说 她未出生的宝宝也特别开心 |
[11:02] | Allegedly, it pushed a thumbs up on her belly wall. | 据称 这个宝宝在她肚子里竖起了大拇指 |
[11:05] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[11:05] | I still don’t trust that baby. | 我还是很怀疑那个宝宝 |
[11:07] | Here we go. | 来了 |
[11:09] | Round two. | 第二轮 |
[11:11] | By popular demand. | 众望所归 |
[11:18] | This batch of bone broth is a little brinier. | 这一次的汤比上次咸了点 |
[11:21] | Did you add some, uh, extra coral? | 你是多加了珊瑚吗 |
[11:24] | There’s so much coral. | 这里面好多珊瑚 |
[11:25] | Actually, it’s sea moss. | 其实 是角叉菜 |
[11:27] | Sucks the toxins right out of your body. | 立竿见影 吸走你身体里的毒素 |
[11:30] | As much as I’d love to go into round three, | 尽管我真的很想再喝一碗 |
[11:34] | I have to get to work. | 我得去上班啦 |
[11:35] | I also have to replenish those toxins with a hot dog. | 我还得再吃个热狗补充一下身体的毒素 |
[11:41] | Please bring me a hot dog after work. | 你下班路上也帮我带个热狗回来吧 |
[11:43] | – Of course. – Actually, can you bring me one, too? | – 好嘞 – 其实 能帮我也带一个吗 |
[11:44] | I just like to nibble on the casings. | 我就是喜欢啃上面的肠衣 |
[11:46] | Dude, you do know they’re not vegan, right? | 朋友 你知道那并不是素食吧 |
[11:49] | Vegan’s a mindset. | 素食主义是种思维模式 |
[11:51] | He’s not wrong. | 他没说错 |
[11:53] | Actually, what in the world am I saying? | 其实 我在说什么胡话 |
[11:56] | He couldn’t be more wrong. | 他真的大错特错了 |
[11:58] | But it’s nice to be back. | 不过能回到这种状态真的很好 |
[11:59] | – Bye! See you at home? – Yeah. | – 拜拜 我们家里见 – 好的 |
[12:02] | – Bye. – Later. | – 拜拜 – 再见 |
[12:11] | What the hell? | 什么情况 |
[12:17] | ‘Sup, playboy? Can I help you with something? | 有事吗 小子 你来干嘛呢 |
[12:19] | Uh, yeah. I’m here to pick up Sky? | 呃 我来接Sky的 |
[12:21] | – You normally pick up girls in their backyards? – My bad. | – 你通常绕到姑娘家后院来接人出去吗 – 我的错 |
[12:23] | This is just where people were coming in and out | 这是之前的进出口 |
[12:25] | during the party a few weeks ago, so I thought maybe… | 几周前的派对我走过这 我还以为 |
[12:28] | No, my bad, man. You came to the party? | 不不 我弄错了 你参加上次的派对啦 |
[12:30] | What did you think? We did our thing, right? | 你觉得怎么样 我们办的很不错吧 |
[12:32] | You didn’t do shit, Vivek. | 你啥也没干好吧 Vivek |
[12:33] | – Hey, Rodney. – Okay. | – 嘿 Rodney – 好的 |
[12:35] | I see you. | 你好呀 |
[12:36] | Alright, man, careful with that. | 好了 兄弟 下次注意点哦 |
[12:43] | “Careful with that”. | “下次注意点” |
[12:47] | I guess where you’re from, | 我猜你们家的人 |
[12:48] | people just use other people’s bats without asking. | 问都不问就随便拿别人球棒 |
[12:51] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:52] | You don’t need to get all sad. | 你不用这么难过吧 |
[12:53] | Just ask next time. | 下次问一声就好 |
[12:54] | It’s not that. It’s just… | 不是因为这个 只是 |
[12:57] | first there was the whole exes debate at Titanium, and | 先是在钛钽酒吧有那场前任大讨论 |
[13:00] | just now seeing Sky leave to go on a date… | 刚刚Sky又出门约会去了 |
[13:02] | Sky had a date? | Sky有约会啦 |
[13:04] | Damn. | 我的天 |
[13:05] | She really does lead a secret life. | 她的生活真的蛮神秘的哦 |
[13:06] | Yeah, with some guy she met at my party, at my house, | 是 跟一个不知道哪里来的男生 在我的房子我的派对上遇见 |
[13:09] | which was filled with hella honeys I couldn’t land. | 派对上全都是我约不到的甜心 |
[13:11] | Did you use the term “Honeys” to their faces? | 你当面叫人家”甜心”吗 |
[13:13] | – No. – Oh. | – 我没有 – 哦 |
[13:15] | Okay, whatever. | 行吧 随意了 |
[13:15] | That just further highlights the fact | 真的是现实给我的重击 |
[13:17] | that I have absolutely zero going on in my love life. | 提醒我 我在感情生活方面没有丝毫进展 |
[13:19] | Okay, well, what about those dating apps we talked about? | 哦 好吧 之前我们聊过的约会软件也没有用吗 |
[13:21] | – How are those going? – Not good. | – 那些进展怎么样呢 – 进展不好 |
[13:23] | I literally signed up for every single app I could find, | 我真的注册了我能找到的所有约会软件 |
[13:25] | including Gluten Free Singles, | 包括无麸质小组的单身软件 |
[13:27] | but that just turned out to be a targeted ad | 但后来发现那只是个 |
[13:28] | for an individual sliced-bread substitute. | 宣传切片面包代替品的目标广告 |
[13:31] | Give me your phone. | 把手机给我看 |
[13:31] | I need to see what you’re doing wrong. | 我得看看你是哪做错了 |
[13:33] | God bless if you can figure it out. | 上天保佑你能找出问题 |
[13:34] | My profile is pretty flawless. | 我的个人主页简直无懈可击 |
[13:36] | Do not bring God into this. | 别把上帝扯到你身上 |
[13:40] | Oh. | 哦 |
[13:41] | These are all ab shots and gym selfies. | 这些都是腹肌和健身自拍 |
[13:44] | And what is this bio? | 你这是啥个人简介 |
[13:45] | “No one looks better in a red Gucci sweater”? | “穿古驰红毛衣最好看的人” |
[13:47] | Name one person that looks better in a red Gucci sweater. | 你说有谁穿古驰红毛衣比我好看 |
[13:51] | Huh. Okay. Damn. | 呃 好吧 妈的 |
[13:52] | Well, I guess I can’t. | 好像真的没有 |
[13:53] | But none of these show you in a red sweater | 但是你也没有穿着红毛衣的照片啊 |
[13:55] | or a shirt of any color. | 或者任何颜色的上衣 |
[13:58] | Alright, have a seat. | 好吧 坐下来 |
[13:59] | Your profile needs some serious work. | 你的个人主页需要认真改造一下 |
[14:01] | Go use the bathroom if you need to, | 如果要去洗手间就现在去 |
[14:02] | but please wash your hands. | 但麻烦你一定记得洗手 |
[14:04] | Alright? Come on. | 行吗 快去吧 |
[14:05] | This gonna be awhile. | 等下可要一阵子了 |
[14:10] | Dude. | 老兄 |
[14:13] | These are so sick. | 这太炫了 |
[14:15] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[14:17] | disgusto, right? | 酷毙了 对吧 |
[14:18] | So gross. | 简直了 |
[14:20] | So, do you have any ideas | 你有想法了吗 |
[14:21] | on how you’re gonna spread the word about your new line? | 准备怎么宣传你的新系列 |
[14:24] | Yeah. | 有了 |
[14:27] | I forgot you really can’t ask Luca “Yes or no” questions. | 我忘了不能问Luca用”是否”作答的问题 |
[14:31] | Oh, cool, cool, cool. | 挺好的 |
[14:33] | Well, I just have this feeling | 我有种感觉 |
[14:35] | that it would look so amazing on, like, uh, a magazine cover or something. | 这些衣服要是上杂志封面 绝对会很棒 |
[14:39] | Like what? Vogue? | 比如说 |
[14:41] | No. | 才不是 |
[14:42] | No, not like a Vogue. | 才不是 |
[14:44] | Anyways, we were going over this really big project at work, | 总之 我们在筹备一个非常重要的项目 |
[14:47] | and… I can’t really talk about it… | 我不能细说 |
[14:51] | but Joey’s doing the cover of Paper Magazine. | 但Joey要上 |
[14:53] | Please don’t tell anybody. | 千万别告诉别人 |
[14:54] | Anyway, showed him your website, | 总之 我给他看了你的网站 |
[14:55] | suggested a few pieces. | 推荐了几款 |
[14:58] | He loved them. | 他很喜欢 |
[15:00] | And why the fuck would you do that? | 你他妈干嘛要那样做 |
[15:04] | That’s definitely not how friends say “Thank you”. | 这绝对不是朋友间道谢的样子 |
[15:11] | Dude, what’s wrong? I thought you’d be excited. | 又怎么了 我还以为你会很激动 |
[15:14] | ‘Cause if I got any of my other friends’ stuff on the cover of a magazine, | 因为要是我把其他任何人的东西推上了杂志封面 |
[15:17] | they’d be thrilled, | 他们肯定欣喜若狂 |
[15:18] | and also a little surprised | 同时也会有一点惊讶 |
[15:20] | ’cause, sure, they don’t design clothes. | 因为 当然了 他们不是服装设计师 |
[15:21] | Sorry I’m not thrilled | 真抱歉我不欣喜若狂 |
[15:22] | that my ex is once again making me look like a bitch | 我的前任又一次让我像个怂货 |
[15:25] | in front of the same guy that she played me with. | 还是在同一个人面前耍我 |
[15:26] | I was trying to help you. | 我是想帮你 |
[15:29] | Well, I don’t need your help, | 我不需要你帮 |
[15:31] | – and I definitely never asked for it. – Oh, okay. | – 我绝对从来没要你帮 – 行啊 |
[15:33] | Screw it, then. Don’t have a magazine cover, | 随便啊 那你别上杂志封面 |
[15:35] | ’cause there’s plenty of other designers | 外面有一大把设计师 |
[15:37] | who would have loved this opportunity. | 他们就等着这种机会呢 |
[15:39] | Well, give it to one of them, then. | 那你就把机会给他们啊 |
[15:40] | Oh, I will. I will. | 我会的 |
[15:42] | I’m gonna call them right now. | 我现在就给他们打电话 |
[15:47] | Damn. | 该死 |
[15:48] | I don’t personally know any other designers. | 我不认识其他的设计师了 |
[15:50] | But he doesn’t know that. | 但是他不知道啊 |
[15:54] | Jazz, I appreciate it, | Jazz 我很感激你帮我 |
[15:55] | but I don’t think we needed to bring Doug in on this. | 但我觉得好像不需要让Doug掺和吧 |
[15:57] | Uh, yes, I did. This is all hands on deck. | 很需要 现在是全体动员 |
[16:00] | Babe, tell him what we talked about. | 宝贝 跟他说说我们讨论的结果 |
[16:03] | Bro, you can’t be having your nipples out in all your profile pictures. | 老兄 你不能全部的个人资料相片都露乳头啊 |
[16:05] | What? Well, how many do I get? | 什么 那我能露多少张 |
[16:06] | Zero. No nipple shots. | 零张 别放露乳照 |
[16:08] | Zero? That sounds kinda conservative. | 零张 感觉有点保守了 |
[16:11] | Hey! I got a match! | 嘿 我配对成功了 |
[16:12] | You still gotta cover up them nips, though. | 你还是得遮住你的乳头 |
[16:14] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[16:16] | Yep. That’s an actual girl. | 没错 真的有个妹子 |
[16:18] | She said, “Hey”. | 她说 “你好” |
[16:21] | She’s so funny. | 她太幽默了 |
[16:22] | Wh… I got to write something back. | 我得回她的消息 |
[16:23] | Bro, no, let’s talk about this. | 老兄 咱慢慢来 |
[16:25] | Your opening text is the most important one that you’re gonna send. | 你的开场白是你最重要的一条消息 |
[16:27] | – She has to know that you’re intelligent… – Mm-hmm. | – 要让她读出你智力过人 – 没错 |
[16:29] | – … financially secure… – Mm-hmm. | – 经济可靠 – 对头 |
[16:31] | … and well-traveled. | 而且游历甚广 |
[16:32] | Well, how do I say all of that in one text? | 那么我怎么用一条消息说完这些内容 |
[16:33] | Tell her you have TSA Pre-Check. | 跟她说你办了机场预安检计划 |
[16:35] | – But I don’t. – She don’t know that. | – 但我没有 – 她又不知道 |
[16:37] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[16:38] | You told me that you have TSA Pre-Check. | 你跟我说你办了机场预安检计划 |
[16:42] | Do you not have TSA Pre-Check? | 你难道没有机场预安检吗 |
[16:45] | Oh, so, I’m just gonna have to remove my shoes at security? | 所以我要脱鞋接受安检喽 |
[16:47] | I’m gonna need to get two bins now, huh, Douglas? | 我要拿两个安检框是吧 Douglas |
[16:49] | You can use one bin, | 你可以只拿一个框 |
[16:51] | and I can take the laptops through the… through the thing. | 我来带电脑通过 通过那个东西 |
[16:53] | Two laptops? | 两台电脑 |
[16:55] | They won’t let you through there with two laptops. | 带着两台电脑他们不会给你放行的 |
[16:57] | Do you want to be detained? | 你想被拘留吗 |
[16:58] | Unless you guys are traveling within the next hour, | 除非你们马上就要出发旅行 |
[17:00] | I need to reply to this nipple-loving honey. | 我得回复这位爱胸的甜心 |
[17:04] | Sounds like we’re traveling never. | 大概我们永远不会去旅行了 |
[17:07] | – Where you going? – Excuse me. | – 你去哪儿 – 让让 |
[17:10] | Bro, just use the TSA line. It’s gonna work. | 兄弟 就用预安检的词吧 能行的 |
[17:12] | I don’t know, man. | 我说不准 |
[17:13] | I really don’t want to start my relationship | 我不太想让我的恋情 |
[17:15] | based on lies about traveling privileges. | 建立在虚假的旅行特权上 |
[17:18] | I know what to say. | 我知道发什么 |
[17:20] | “We… did it!” | “我们做到了” |
[17:22] | We did what? | 我们做到了什么 |
[17:23] | You know, “We did it”. “We matched”. | 就是 “我们做到了” “我们配成功了” |
[17:25] | Bro, no. | 兄弟 别 |
[17:26] | You know what she’s thinking right now? | 你知道她在想什么吗 |
[17:28] | “This little nipply man with highlights in his hair” | “这个头发还做了挑染的乳头男” |
[17:30] | “got to wait three hours in the airport line”. | “在机场要排三小时队” |
[17:32] | That’s what she thinking. | 她就会这么想 |
[17:33] | Well, actually, she just wrote back. | 事实上 她刚回复了 |
[17:35] | She said, “We nailed it”, with laughing emojis. | 她说 “我们搞定了” 还发了笑的表情 |
[17:40] | Your corny-ass text worked. | 你俗套的词居然成了 |
[17:43] | Jazz, baby, we did it. | Jazz 我们成功了 |
[17:45] | We sure did. | 可不是嘛 |
[17:46] | – Eeeeeeeee! – My guy. | – 真棒 – 我的好兄弟 |
[17:48] | You’re going on a date. | 你要去约会了 |
[17:49] | – Eee! – Okay. | – 棒 – 不错 |
[18:14] | Listen… | 听着 |
[18:16] | I promised myself this year that | 今年我跟自己保证过 |
[18:18] | when it came to my career, I wasn’t gonna get in my own way. | 当涉及我的事业 我不能挡自己的路 |
[18:21] | So, here. You can give these to your boy. | 拿着 你可以把这些给他 |
[18:24] | Gee, thanks. | 天哪 多谢 |
[18:27] | Look, Luca, I wasn’t trying to cause any drama. | 听着 Luca 我不是想要制造矛盾 |
[18:31] | I was trying to do the mature thing | 我只是想成熟一点 |
[18:32] | and help somebody that I consider a friend. | 帮一下我的朋友 |
[18:35] | Well, your mature gesture felt a lot like pity. | 你成熟的姿态感觉像是怜悯 |
[18:37] | But it wasn’t, I swear. | 但不是的 我发誓 |
[18:39] | Do you not see how foul that was? | 你真的看不出来那多下作吗 |
[18:41] | I’m genuinely trying to connect two talented people. | 我是真心想为两位有才的人建立良好关系 |
[18:44] | That’s me looking out for you. | 我是在为你着想 |
[18:46] | That’s not looking out for me. | 那才不是为我着想 |
[18:47] | I mean, how do you not get this? | 我是说 你怎么就不明白 |
[18:49] | Not get what, Luca? | 明白什么 Luca |
[18:50] | That the history between you and this dude | 你和那个人的关系 |
[18:52] | and our history as exes makes it a little bit more complicated | 以及我们作为前任的过去让情况有一点复杂 |
[18:54] | than just connecting two people. | 而不仅是建立两人的联系 |
[18:57] | I mean, do you not remember when you played me for this dude? | 你难道不记得为了那个人而耍我了吗 |
[18:59] | Oh, my gosh! I didn’t play you! | 我的天哪 我没有耍你 |
[19:00] | And you said you were over it. | 而且你说你不计较了 |
[19:02] | You’re right. I am over this. | 你说得对 我是不想计较了 |
[19:05] | I’m a million percent off this. | 我一点也不想掺和了 |
[19:06] | You and me both, and you know what? | 咱俩想得一样 你知道吗 |
[19:08] | I think we tried this friendship thing too soon | 我觉得我们进入友谊阶段还为时过早 |
[19:10] | because we’re clearly not ready. | 因为显然我们还没准备好 |
[19:12] | No, and I don’t think we’ll ever be ready, | 而且我觉得我们永远也不会准备好了 |
[19:14] | ’cause I was never trying to be your friend. | 因为我从没想做你的朋友 |
[19:16] | – I was in love with you. – And I was in love with you, too. | – 我是喜欢你 – 我也是喜欢你 |
[19:35] | It turned out the balance of friendship with an ex | 原来与前任保持友谊的平衡 |
[19:38] | was way more complicated than I’d anticipated. | 比我预想的要复杂得多 |
[19:42] | While some people are mature enough | 有些人足够成熟 |
[19:44] | to navigate this tricky dynamic, | 能够驾驭这难以捉摸的事态走向 |
[19:46] | others backslide on their kitchen counters. | 而另一些人在厨房柜台上退回原点 |
[19:50] | And in my case, | 就我的情况而言 |
[19:52] | trying to raise the question of whether two exes could ever truly be friends | 提出前任能否成为真心朋友的问题 |
[19:57] | ultimately raised more questions than answers. | 最终引出了更多的问题而不是答案 |
[20:06] | Babe! | 宝贝 |
[20:07] | I have a surprise for you! | 我有一个惊喜给你 |
[20:10] | Jazlyn Jazlyn? | |
[20:14] | What? | 干嘛 |
[20:21] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[20:27] | Your phone? | 你的手机 |
[20:28] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[20:30] | Look, it finally came. | 看 终于办好了 |
[20:33] | Oh, baby. You got TSA Pre-Check? | 宝贝 你办了机场预安检 |
[20:41] | Wait, you didn’t get Global Entry? | 等下 你没办全球通关吗 |