时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Birthdays. | 生日 |
[00:15] | Traditionally, they’re a time of celebration, | 传统意义上来说 是一个庆祝的日子 |
[00:18] | a moment to reflect on who you are, | 一个让你反思你是谁 |
[00:20] | who you were, | 你曾经是什么样的人 |
[00:22] | and where you’re going. | 将来又会变成什么样的时刻 |
[00:24] | And when it’s your 21st birthday, | 而当你迎来你21岁的生日时 |
[00:27] | the moment takes on a whole new meaning. | 这个时刻又被赋予了全新的意义 |
[00:31] | It’s the official milestone that ushers you into adulthood. | 它是一座标志着你步入成年的正式里程碑 |
[00:33] | 欢迎来到 成人世界 小碧池 | |
[00:36] | But in that moment, | 但在那一刻来临之时 |
[00:38] | all I really wanted to do | 我真正想做的 |
[00:40] | was make that one big wish for my future. | 是为我的未来许一个大大的愿望 |
[00:44] | So I closed my eyes and took a deep breath… | 所以我闭上了眼睛 深深地吸了一口气 |
[00:49] | and another… | 然后又深吸了一口气 |
[00:52] | and then another. | 然后又一口 |
[00:55] | And suddenly, it dawned on me. | 忽然间 我恍然大悟 |
[00:58] | What does someone wish for when they already have it all? | 一个人若是早就已经拥有了一切 那她还有什么可想要的呢 |
[01:41] | Deep breaths, Zoey. | 深呼吸 Zoey |
[01:43] | In… and out. | 吸气 呼气 |
[01:45] | – Ooh. – Mm, girl, you got it. | – 哦 – 嗯 姐们 你做得很好 |
[01:47] | Zoey, I really think you need to go to the Health Center. | Zoey 我真心觉得你该去健康中心检查一下 |
[01:49] | No! I don’t! | 不要 我才不去呢 |
[01:51] | I promise you, it was… | 我向你保证 这只是 |
[01:52] | it was just a little panic attack. | 我只是有点儿恐慌症发作了 |
[01:54] | But what if it wasn’t? | 但如果不是呢 |
[01:55] | My Great-Aunt Debra would have fainting spells all the time. | 我姑婆Debra就老是晕厥 |
[01:58] | Just blacked out at Chuck E. Cheese one day. | 有一回她甚至在查克芝士餐厅昏过去了 |
[02:00] | Turns out she had fibromyalgia. | 结果最后检查出来她得了纤维肌痛症 |
[02:02] | Girl, goodbye. Zoey does not have fibromyalgia. | 拉倒吧 姐们 Zoey可没有得什么纤维肌痛症 |
[02:05] | Zoey has Lyme disease. | 她是得了莱姆病 |
[02:06] | First of all, I had Lyme disease. | 首先 我以前是得过莱姆病 |
[02:10] | Thank you for finding that tick, Ana. | 我还要感谢你当时发现了那只蜱虫 Ana |
[02:12] | And second of all, | 第二 |
[02:13] | you know, I’m already feeling much better. | 我已经好多了 |
[02:15] | Zoey, you need to rest. | Zoey 你需要休息 |
[02:18] | You’re obviously exhausted. | 你显然是累坏了 |
[02:20] | Between prepping for Joey’s tour and studying for finals… | 你又是准备Joey的巡演 又是准备期末考的 |
[02:23] | Planning your own birthday party… | 还要计划你自己的生日派对 |
[02:24] | Someone had to do it. | 总有人要来做这些事吧 |
[02:25] | And not to mention Aaron not speaking to you. | 更别提Aaron已经好久没跟你说过话了 |
[02:28] | Look, if you won’t go to the Health Center, | 听着 如果你实在不想去健康中心 |
[02:29] | will you at least please go lie down? | 那你至少能去躺一躺休息会儿吧 |
[02:33] | Please? | 好不好嘛 |
[02:34] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:35] | But only because the soundtrack to my childhood | 但只是因为我童年的主题曲 |
[02:38] | was “Bidi Bidi Bom Bom.” | 是 |
[02:39] | My greatest hit. | 我最出名那首 |
[02:51] | Oh, shit. | 卧槽 |
[02:52] | It’s my new favorite black couple | 我最爱的黑人情侣 |
[02:53] | dressed as my old favorite white couple. | 打扮成了我之前最爱的一对白人情侣 |
[02:55] | Y’all look amazing! | 你们看起来太棒了吧 |
[02:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:59] | But just so you know, technically, | 不过你们要知道 严格意义上来说 |
[03:00] | this Britney/Justin look is early 2000s, | 这身布兰妮和贾斯汀的打扮是21世纪初的 |
[03:02] | and this is a ’90s party. | 而这是90年代主题的派对 |
[03:04] | Wait, what are you talking about? | 等会儿 你在说什么 |
[03:06] | This isn’t a costume. | 这衣服可不是模仿他们的 |
[03:07] | This is from my line… Anti-Muse. | 这是我自己设计的品牌 反缪斯 |
[03:09] | It is? | 是吗 |
[03:10] | Hey, it’s all good. | 嘿 没事 挺好的 |
[03:11] | Y’all are still #YeehawGoals. | 你们仍然是#最佳牛仔情侣 |
[03:13] | Have fun. | 玩开心点 |
[03:15] | Yee-haw! | 咦嗬 |
[03:18] | Javi, no! What if someone sees us making out? | 不行 Javi 如果被别人看到怎么办 |
[03:20] | You mean if they see Vanilla Ice making out with Selena? | 你是说如果他们看到香草冰和Selena亲热吗 |
[03:23] | Who’s gonna believe that? | 谁会信呢 |
[03:27] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 两位 |
[03:28] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:30] | Everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[03:31] | Oh, no. Did Zoey take a turn for the worse? | 哦 不是吧 是Zoey的情况又恶化了吗 |
[03:33] | No, no, no. She’s fine. It’s… | 不 不 不 她挺好的 我只是 |
[03:35] | I’m just upset because Aaron and I | 我只是有点儿心烦 因为Aaron和我 |
[03:36] | were supposed to coordinate our “Pulp Fiction” costumes, | 本来打算合作扮演<低俗小说>的 |
[03:38] | but he’s obviously not showing up, | 但显然他没露面 |
[03:39] | so now I’m just a well-dressed man in a wig. | 导致现在我只是一个普通的戴假发的西装革履的男人 |
[03:41] | I have no context. | 我没有情境衬托我了 |
[03:43] | A girl asked me if I was Tina Fey. | 还有女孩儿来问我 我是不是在扮演Tina Fey |
[03:45] | Ohh. I’m sorry. | 哦 太惨了 |
[03:49] | Why is your sister staring at us? | 你的姐姐为什么要一直盯着我们看 |
[03:51] | Hold up. You been keeping track of your drinks? | 等会儿 你记得自己喝了几杯吧 |
[03:54] | We have practice tomorrow. | 我们明天还有练习呢 |
[03:55] | Yeah. This is my third one, and after this, I’m done. | 我知道 这才第三杯呢 喝完这个我就不喝了 |
[03:59] | ‘Cause after three drinks, I turn into a freak, and | 因为要是再喝下去 我就控制不住我自己了 |
[04:02] | me and Rodney are trying to take things slow. | 我和Rodney都想慢慢来 |
[04:04] | We’ve only done mouth stuff. | 我们才刚刚进行到口交 |
[04:06] | Why are you lying? | 你干嘛骗她 |
[04:08] | I just do that sometimes. | 我只是偶尔会这么做嘛 |
[04:11] | I’m-a holla at Jazzy Jeff. | 我去跟Jazzy Jeff打个招呼 |
[04:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:17] | What’s up, love? How you doing? | 嗨 亲爱的 最近怎么样 |
[04:19] | Doug Doug! | |
[04:20] | You look great! | 你看起来好棒 |
[04:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:24] | Where you been, stranger? | 你去哪儿了 |
[04:25] | I been trying to give you a little bit of this Doug passion all night. | 我一整晚都在找你 想让你感受一下Doug式激情呢 |
[04:28] | Oh! | 哦 |
[04:29] | You know, I’ve been, um… | 你懂的 我就是 呃 |
[04:32] | I’ve just been chillin’. | 我就是在玩啊 |
[04:34] | Y’all look nice. | 你们看起来很漂亮 |
[04:36] | You should’ve told me you was doing “Poetic Justice” Janet. | 你应该告诉我你扮演的是<写诗的贾斯廷斯>Janet的那个角色的 |
[04:38] | I would’ve… came through with “Poetic Justice” Tupac. | 这样我就可以 扮演<写诗的贾斯廷斯>里面Tupac的角色了 |
[04:41] | I mean, you’re still ‘Pac. It works. | 但你扮演的仍然是Tupac 这都行得通啊 |
[04:45] | Yeah. All right. | 话是这么说没错 好吧 |
[04:47] | Ooh! I really feel those drinks catching up to me. | 哦 我觉得我有点儿喝多了 |
[04:50] | I should hit the ladies’ room. | 我去趟洗手间 |
[04:51] | See you in a minute? | 一会儿见 |
[04:56] | – Yo, is something wrong? – Not at all. | – 哟 出什么事了吗 – 完全没有 |
[04:58] | Anyone who’s never seen your belly button is in for a real treat. | 那些没见过你肚脐眼的人有眼福了 |
[05:01] | I-I’m talking about with Jazz. | 我说的是Jazz |
[05:03] | Yo, everything’s been off. | 哟 突然之间就变冷淡了 |
[05:04] | Our communication, our interaction. | 我们的交流 互动 |
[05:06] | Has she told you anything? | 她有跟你说过些什么吗 |
[05:08] | I really think you need to talk to my sister. | 我觉得你真的应该去找她好好聊一聊 |
[05:10] | I’ve tried, but for the past two weeks, | 我试过 但这两个礼拜 |
[05:11] | she’s been super-distant. | 她一直对我表现得出奇冷漠 |
[05:13] | Like, I know she’s stressed out about track, | 我知道她被训练的事搞得精疲力尽 |
[05:15] | but if I could just help her, | 但如果我能帮上她的话 |
[05:16] | maybe she can open up to me about what’s going on. | 她或许就会对我敞开心扉了 |
[05:19] | Look, could you please be honest? | 听着 你能跟我说实话吗 |
[05:20] | – Please? – All right. | – 求你了 – 好吧 |
[05:22] | Okay? | 可以 |
[05:23] | Yes, the reason why she’s been acting a little weird | 好吧 她之所以最近表现得有点儿怪 |
[05:27] | is, uh… | 是因为 呃 |
[05:29] | it’s you. | 是因为你 |
[05:30] | Me? What the hell did I do? | 我 我到底做了什么 |
[05:32] | It’s just you and her, your relationship, | 就是因为你跟她 你们两个之间的关系嘛 |
[05:35] | it… it really just steals her focus away from track, | 让她没办法把注意力放在训练上 |
[05:39] | and right now, she’s just been trying to figure it all out. | 现在她只是想把一切都理清楚 |
[05:42] | God, you should really be having this conversation with my sister. | 天哪 你真的得好好地跟她聊一聊 |
[05:45] | No, man, forget that. | 不可能 别想了 |
[05:46] | I already feel like a clown for being at this party | 我打扮成这样来这个派对已经让我觉得自己像个跳梁小丑了 |
[05:48] | when she’s barely even been speaking to me. | 而她甚至都不愿意跟我讲话 |
[05:51] | I mean, look at me. | 你看看我 |
[05:53] | I got on a [bleep] bald cap, man. | 我他妈可是特地弄了个秃头来啊 |
[05:59] | So, even after a little rest, | 即使已经休息了一会儿 |
[06:02] | I still couldn’t stop my head from spinning. | 我仍然觉得我的头晕得天旋地转 |
[06:04] | Trying to make that one wish got me thinking about | 许愿这件事让我思考 |
[06:07] | who I was and where I was going. | 我曾经是个什么样的人 而我又想成为什么样的人 |
[06:17] | Samuel L. Jackson Samuel L. Jackson? | |
[06:20] | Are you okay, Freshman? | 你还好吗 新生 |
[06:23] | I am now. | 现在好了 |
[06:28] | I gotta admit, | 我得承认 |
[06:29] | you had me pretty worried there for a second. | 你的确让我担心了好一会儿 |
[06:32] | Well… I had to find some way to get you to my party, yeah? | 这个嘛 我总得找个理由让你来参加我的派对不是吗 |
[06:36] | I did hear that you basically nosedived into your birthday cake, | 我听说你基本上是一头栽进了你的生日蛋糕里 |
[06:39] | and that just doesn’t sound like | 这听起来可不像是 |
[06:41] | the right way to blow out candles. | 吹蜡烛的正确方式 |
[06:46] | Yeah, well, you’re a really good friend, | 是啊 不过 你真的是个很好的朋友 |
[06:47] | and certainly a much better one than I’ve been to you. | 比我以前对你好多了 |
[06:52] | Aaron, I am so sorry. | Aaron 我很抱歉 |
[06:54] | I really should have come through for you for that interview, | 我真的应该帮你拿到面试机会的 |
[06:57] | – and the fact that I… – Zoey, stop, stop, okay? | – 但事实上我却 – Zoey 别说了 别说了 好吗 |
[06:59] | I know. | 我明白 |
[07:01] | That’s one thing about you. | 那是你的问题了 |
[07:02] | Y-You’re self-absorbed, | 你只顾着自己的事 |
[07:04] | clueless, | 不关心他人 |
[07:05] | you don’t see yourself, like, at all, | 你根本不觉得自己有什么问题 |
[07:09] | but you’re never malicious. | 但你并不是狠毒的人 |
[07:11] | Even though you mess up, | 尽管你经常搞砸事情 |
[07:12] | like, 99.99….999……9 percent of the time, | 100次中差不多99.999999次吧 |
[07:18] | okay, | 懂吧 |
[07:19] | you go above and beyond to fix it, | 但你总会试着去解决问题 |
[07:21] | and that means a lot. | 这样就很棒了 |
[07:26] | Wait, so, does that mean that you forgive me? | 等等 所以你这是原谅我了吗 |
[07:31] | For now, yeah. Sure. | 现在嘛 是啊 肯定的 |
[07:33] | So, how’s it going? How you feeling? | 最近怎么样 感觉如何呀 |
[07:36] | Um, good. | 呃 挺好的 |
[07:37] | I’m just a little tired, | 我只是有点累 |
[07:39] | probably a little overwhelmed. | 可能有点太紧绷了 |
[07:41] | Overwhelmed with what? | 因为什么呢 |
[07:43] | Everything. | 所有事 |
[07:44] | I mean, finals, school, work, | 我是说 期末考试 学业 工作 |
[07:48] | you… until you showed up. | 在你今晚露脸前 还有你的事 |
[07:49] | Well, you can take me off your plate now. | 那你可以不用再烦恼我的事了 |
[07:51] | Oh, that’s good, | 太好了 |
[07:52] | ’cause it’ll free up some space | 我真的需要点空间 |
[07:53] | for this huge tour Joey just dropped in my lap. | 好好想想Joey才交给我的巡演工作 |
[07:57] | I honestly don’t know how I’m gonna balance it all. | 我真不知道自己能不能平衡好所有事 |
[08:00] | So don’t balance it. | 那就别去平衡了 |
[08:01] | W-Who’s forcing you to do that? | 谁逼着你这样做了吗 |
[08:03] | No one, but what’s my alternative? | 没人逼我 但我有的选吗 |
[08:05] | To just quit? | 难道就这么放弃吗 |
[08:07] | Sure. You know? | 当然可以 |
[08:08] | I-I mean, you’re being unrealistic. | 我是说 你有点太不现实了 |
[08:11] | You’re doing too much. | 你现在做的太多了 |
[08:13] | Isn’t that just what it means to be an adult, though? | 成年人不就应该是这样的吗 |
[08:17] | Zoey, you just became an adult literally less than 24 hours ago, | Zoey 你才刚刚成年不到24小时 |
[08:20] | – Okay? – Right. | – 好吗 – 说得对 |
[08:21] | You have your… your whole entire life | 你有整整一生的时间 |
[08:23] | to do all the things that you want to do. | 去做你想做的事 |
[08:25] | You can’t attack everything at once. | 你不能一次性做完 |
[08:29] | You know? | 明白吗 |
[08:32] | Royale with cheese? | 来点皇家芝士汉堡吗 |
[08:36] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[08:37] | Have you seen Doug around? | 你看见Doug了吗 |
[08:38] | I can’t find him anywhere. | 我哪儿都找不着他 |
[08:40] | Do you think I drove him away? | 你觉得是我把他赶走了吗 |
[08:42] | Uh… | 呃 |
[08:44] | I think I might’ve. | 可能是我 |
[08:45] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[08:47] | He pulled me aside earlier to ask, uh, | 之前他把我拉到一边 |
[08:49] | what was up with you. | 他问我 你最近怎么了 |
[08:51] | Okay. | 嗯 |
[08:52] | And what did you say? | 那你说的什么 |
[08:53] | Nothing. Nothing. | 什么都没说 |
[08:54] | I ju… I just told him that part of the reason | 我只 我只是告诉他有一部分原因 |
[08:56] | you might have been stressed lately is because of track. | 是你因为训练的事烦心 |
[08:59] | And? | 然后呢 |
[09:00] | And… also, that he’s the main reason | 而且 主要因为他 |
[09:04] | you’ve lost sight of your life’s passion | 你忽视了自己热爱的事业 |
[09:05] | because you’re so consumed by his penis. | 因为你太沉迷于他了 |
[09:08] | I’m so, so sorry. I know I probably overstepped. | 我很抱歉 我知道我可能越界了 |
[09:11] | I’ve just… I’ve had one too many drinks. | 我只是 我喝了太多酒 |
[09:13] | This is so messed up. | 这下完了 |
[09:14] | I know! | 我知道 |
[09:15] | But you’re the one who hasn’t been straight up with him, | 但你一直都没和他讲清楚 |
[09:17] | which is why he came to me… | 所以他才来问我的 |
[09:19] | not wearing a shirt, | 还没穿衣服 |
[09:20] | looking so vulnerable, yet thuggish. | 看起来脆弱又无助 但又野性十足 |
[09:22] | I’m… I’m sorry, okay? | 我好抱歉 好吗 |
[09:25] | – I just… – Sky, please, stop! | – 我只是 – Sky请你停停 |
[09:27] | Just do me a favor and back up! | 别多管闲事了 算我求你了 |
[09:30] | You have been all in my shit lately, | 你最近老是来管我的私事 |
[09:31] | from my relationship to my times. | 管我谈恋爱 还要管我的成绩 |
[09:34] | From now on, please just stay in your lane | 从现在开始 我们划清界限 |
[09:36] | and I’ll stay in mine. | 咱各管各的 |
[09:53] | 背景音乐 |
|
[10:09] | Dude, what is all this? | 老妹儿 你这是干嘛 |
[10:11] | You needed a costume partner. | 你需要个变装搭档啊 |
[10:12] | I can’t believe you did this for me. | 真不敢相信你为我这么做 |
[10:14] | All I did was put on a white shirt | 我只是套了件白衬衫 |
[10:15] | and cut my Selena wig. | 把我的Selena假发剪短了 |
[10:17] | Yeah, but now I’m not just a man in a wig. | 但我现在就不只是个戴假发的男人了 |
[10:18] | Like, I have context! | 我有情境了啊 |
[10:21] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[10:22] | Of course! You’re my roommate. | 应该的 我们是室友嘛 |
[10:24] | You’re always so generous with your drug money. | 你对自己赚的毒品钱 出手总是这么大方 |
[10:26] | It’s the least I could do. | 我也只能做这些了 |
[10:32] | Oh, my gosh. He came. | 我的天呐 他来了 |
[10:33] | – What? – My Jules is here. | – 什么 – 我的Jules来了 |
[10:35] | And he brought me a Royale with cheese! | 还给我带了皇家芝士汉堡 |
[10:37] | What?! | 什么 |
[10:54] | Hey, sunshine! | 嘿 小可爱 |
[10:56] | How you feeling? | 感觉咋样 |
[10:57] | So much better. | 好太多了 |
[11:00] | My head finally feels clear of all the noise, | 我的脑子终于清醒了点 |
[11:02] | and I actually owe the clarity | 这都多亏了 |
[11:04] | to Mr. Samuel L. Aaron Jackson over here. | Samuel L. Aaron Jackson先生的帮忙 |
[11:07] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 对啊 |
[11:09] | Now, you helped me realize | 你让我明白 |
[11:09] | that I need to stop with all the back-and-forth | 我不能再这么纠结 |
[11:11] | and trying to juggle everything. | 试图兼顾学业和工作 |
[11:14] | And as difficult as it is, | 虽然做这个决定很难 |
[11:16] | I am an adult | 但我已经成年了 |
[11:17] | and I need to start making some adult decisions. | 也该做些成熟的决定了 |
[11:20] | So, um… guys, uh… | 那么 呃 大家伙 |
[11:25] | I…I think I’m quitting. | 我想 我要退出 |
[11:28] | Wow. This is… This is good. Good for you. | 哇哦 这很棒啊 |
[11:31] | I mean, I know right now, it may seem a little difficult, | 我知道 做这个决定可能会很难 |
[11:33] | but you have your whole life to become a stylist, | 但你还有一生的时间成为造型师 |
[11:35] | and I’m sure Joey will understand. | Joey肯定会理解你的 |
[11:36] | No, Aaron, I’m not quitting my dream job of being a stylist. | 不 Aaron 我不打算放弃造型师的理想工作 |
[11:43] | I’m quitting Cal U. | 我是要从加大退学 |
[11:49] | Hmm? | 啊 |
[11:55] | Zoey, when… when you fell… | Zoey 你晕倒的时候 |
[11:58] | did you hit your head? | 是把脑子摔坏了吗 |
[11:59] | Are you concussed? | 你脑震荡了吗 |
[11:59] | No. | 没有 |
[12:00] | I just feel like right now, I may have outgrown Cal U. | 我只是觉得 加大已经容不下我了 |
[12:03] | Hold up, Zoey. I never, ever said “Drop out of college.” | 等等 Zoey 我可从来没说让你辍学 |
[12:06] | Sure, you didn’t, | 当然了 你没说 |
[12:07] | but you pointed to all the reasons why I should, | 但你让我明白了为什么我应该这样做 |
[12:09] | and the most natural thing to eliminate | 而最应该放弃的 |
[12:11] | feels like college. | 感觉就是大学了 |
[12:12] | Really? That feels more natural | 真的吗 所以你觉得 |
[12:15] | than quitting a job as a stylist for a rapper | 给一个名字里夹着两个美元符号的唱歌手 |
[12:17] | that spells his name with two dollar signs? | 当造型师更符合情理吗 |
[12:19] | Think about it. I have my dream job right now. | 你想想 现在我能做自己的理想工作 |
[12:22] | What’s another year at Cal U really gonna get me, | 在加大多待一年 我又能获得什么呢 |
[12:25] | except wasting more of my parents’ money | 除了浪费我父母的钱 |
[12:28] | and losing momentum on a career I’ve already started? | 拦腰斩断我刚刚发展起来的事业 |
[12:30] | I just think you’re setting yourself up for failure. | 我只是觉得你走上了失败的不归路 |
[12:32] | But why? Plenty of creative people | 为什么 很多有创造力的人 |
[12:35] | can be successful without degrees. | 没有学位证书也照样很成功 |
[12:36] | Big facts. Mark Zuckerberg, | 确实 比如马克 扎克伯格 |
[12:39] | Diddy, | 吹牛老爹 |
[12:40] | Kanye… | 侃爷 |
[12:40] | Dude, stop. Those are all outliers, okay? | 停停老兄 他们都是少数人 |
[12:42] | I don’t know anybody personally without a degree | 我反正不认识哪个没有学位证书 |
[12:44] | who’s ballin’ on that level. | 还能混到那种程度的人 |
[12:45] | Unless we’re talking about drug dealers. | 除非要说毒贩子 |
[12:46] | Then I know like three. | 我倒知道三个 |
[12:47] | Uh, Slippery Jeff | 呃 滑头Jeff |
[12:50] | oh, Fat Hakim | 哦 胖Hakim |
[12:51] | and Dave. | 还有Dave |
[12:52] | You know Dave. | 你知道Dave吧 |
[12:52] | I love Dave. | 我爱他 |
[12:53] | O… kay, come on. Jillian, back me up. | 好吧 Jillian 帮我说几句啊 |
[12:55] | Remember when I missed my cover shoot, | 记得我错过封面拍摄的时候 |
[12:56] | and you said that you would drop out of school in a heartbeat | 你还说要是你有机会拍电影 |
[12:59] | if that meant that you could direct a film? | 你也会立马离开学校的吗 |
[13:00] | Nah, see, I actually said that I would miss the final, | 不不 我其实说的是我不会参加期末考 |
[13:04] | not drop out of college altogether. | 而不是直接辍学 |
[13:06] | I’m sorry. There’s just no way I wouldn’t get my degree. | 对不起 我一定要拿到学位证 |
[13:10] | But that’s just me, though, you know? | 但这只是我的个人情况 明白吗 |
[13:12] | I don’t know what it’s like to be a black woman in styling. | 我不知道成为一名黑人女性造型师是什么样的 |
[13:14] | I just know how hard it is in my industry, | 我只知道在我的领域里竞争很残酷 |
[13:16] | and I don’t want to give people any reason to keep me out. | 我不想给别人任何拒绝我的理由 |
[13:19] | Bigger facts, okay? | 还有更重要的一点 |
[13:21] | Aside from education, college is about proving to ourselves | 除了教育 大学就是向自己证明 |
[13:24] | that we can see something through, you know? | 我们能坚持完成一件事 |
[13:26] | Zoey has seen something through, though. | Zoey已经完成一件事了 |
[13:28] | I mean, she got a magazine cover in six months. | 才半年 她就上了封面刊 |
[13:31] | Imagine what she could pull off if she wasn’t here. | 想想要是她不用上学 她会做到哪种程度 |
[13:33] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[13:33] | Yes, but also think about how disappointed her parents will be | 话是这么说 但你不想想她的父母会有多失望 |
[13:36] | to have two college dropouts in the family. | 家里有两个辍学的孩子 |
[13:38] | That’s the beauty of being 21. | 这就是21岁的魅力吧 |
[13:40] | For once in my life, | 在我的人生中就这一次 |
[13:41] | I don’t have to answer to anyone except myself. | 除了我自己 我无需向任何人解释 |
[13:45] | So… how about we go enjoy the final hours | 所以 还不快来享受一下 |
[13:48] | of my 21st birthday party? | 我二十一岁生日派对最后的美好时光 |
[13:50] | Yeah? | 不来吗 |
[13:51] | – Okay. – Come on. | – 好 – 来呀 |
[13:53] | Yeah. Come on. | 好吧 来吧 |
[13:54] | Whoo-hoo! | 哇哦 |
[13:55] | Whoo! | 哦 |
[13:59] | Doug, I am so, so sorry about what Sky said. | Doug 关于Sky说的那些话 我真的 真的很抱歉 |
[14:02] | Why are you so, so sorry? | 你为什么感到抱歉 |
[14:04] | Apparently, I-I’m the one that should be so, so sorry, | 很明显 我才应该是那个 真的真的很抱歉的人 |
[14:06] | being that I’m the problem. | 毕竟我就是问题的所在 |
[14:08] | You’re not the problem. | 你不是问题的所在 |
[14:09] | So, what the hell was Sky talking about? | 所以Sky到底在说什么 |
[14:13] | I guess I’ve just been feeling like these past few months, | 我就是觉得 在过去的几个月里 |
[14:17] | I have been so consumed in this relationship | 我在这段感情了投入了太多精力 |
[14:20] | that it’s been affecting my focus. | 搞得我没有办法集中注意了 |
[14:21] | W-What, and you didn’t think I was mature enough | 等等 所以你觉得我不够成熟 |
[14:23] | to understand that? | 没有办法理解你的处境吗 |
[14:25] | You just wanted to push me away? | 你想就这样把我逼走吗 |
[14:26] | I was pushing you away for me. | 我这么做是因为我自己的原因 |
[14:29] | When I saw you at that party earlier, | 就刚才 我在派对上看到你的时候 |
[14:31] | you don’t think I just wanted to grab you and ignore everyone else? | 你以为我不想无视所有人 就抱住你不放吗 |
[14:34] | – Then you should’ve. – No, I couldn’t! | – 你应该如此啊 – 不 我不能 |
[14:36] | Because we would’ve had an amazing night, | 因为那样一来 我们会度过美好的一晚 |
[14:38] | and in the morning, | 然后第二天一早 |
[14:39] | I would’ve had to distance myself all over again, | 我又得和你保持距离 |
[14:41] | and I don’t want to keep putting us through that. | 我不想再这样反反复复下去了 |
[14:43] | Then I am the problem. | 那我不就是问题的所在吗 |
[14:44] | No! | 不 |
[14:45] | No. | 不是的 |
[14:49] | This relationship is the problem. | 这段感情才是问题所在 |
[14:53] | As difficult as these past two weeks have been without you… | 尽管离开你的这两个星期很艰难 |
[14:57] | my times have improved. | 但我的成绩进步了 |
[15:00] | The reality is, | 现实就是这样 |
[15:00] | I can’t balance track and this relationship. | 我没有办法平衡我的训练和情感 |
[15:03] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[15:05] | So, we’re breaking up. | 所以 我们要分手 |
[15:06] | No! No, no, no, no. | 不 不不不 |
[15:08] | We’re not breaking up. | 我们不是要分手 |
[15:12] | But… | 不过 |
[15:14] | I’ve given it some thought, | 我仔细考虑过了 |
[15:16] | and… | 我觉得 |
[15:18] | the only way I’m gonna make it through Olympic trials successfully | 如果我想要通过奥运会预选赛的话 |
[15:22] | is to take a break. | 我们得分开一会儿 |
[15:23] | But just a temporary one while I train. | 不过这只是暂时的 在我训练期间 |
[15:26] | I’m… I’m so confused right now. | 我 我搞不懂了 |
[15:29] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[15:31] | I guess what I’m saying is, | 我想我要说的是 |
[15:33] | while I train for the next six months… | 在接下来的 我训练的六个月里 |
[15:38] | will you wait for me? | 你愿意等我吗 |
[16:00] | You know, I saw what you did back there for your friend | 你知道吗 我看到你刚刚为你朋友做的事了 |
[16:02] | when you changed costume. | 你为他换了服装 |
[16:05] | Oh, you mean when I played myself? | 哦 你是说我热脸贴了冷屁股的事吗 |
[16:07] | I don’t think you played yourself. | 我并不觉得你贴了冷屁股 |
[16:10] | I actually think that was amazing. | 我觉得你做的非常棒 |
[16:13] | Oh, wait! What if someone sees?! | 哦 别呀 别人看到怎么办 |
[16:15] | Who cares? | 管他呢 |
[16:17] | Let ’em see. | 让他们看呗 |
[16:36] | What up, Chief? | 你好吗 老大 |
[16:38] | – Hey. – Where you headed? | – 嘿 – 你去哪儿呢 |
[16:40] | Oh, I’m just headed to the Dean’s office | 哦 我正打算去教导主任办公室 |
[16:42] | to discuss some options. | 去讨论一些未来的选择 |
[16:44] | So, you’re still thinking about leaving, huh? | 所以 你还是打算离开 是吗 |
[16:47] | Mm-hmm. Just trying to figure it out. | 嗯 我还在考虑呢 |
[16:50] | Well, let me just put it out there. | 好吧 那我先把话说清楚 |
[16:53] | If I got one argument for you to stay, it’s that… | 如果要让我想出一个理由 让你留下 那就是 |
[16:56] | Cal U won’t be the same without its Zoey Johnson. | 加大没有了你 一切都变得不一样了 |
[16:59] | That’s sweet. | 谢谢你 |
[17:00] | Jillian’s a very lucky girl. | Jillian是一个很幸运的女孩 |
[17:03] | Really happy for y’all. I am. | 我为你们感到高兴 真的 |
[17:05] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:07] | I’m happy, too. | 我也很高兴 |
[17:11] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[17:11] | Good luck with your decision, kid. | 祝你选择顺利 小朋友 |
[17:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:20] | Dropping out of college… | 从大学退学 |
[17:22] | is an extremely big decision, | 是一个无比重大的选择 |
[17:25] | and it shouldn’t be taken lightly, Zoey. | Zoey 这个选择不能随随便便就作出 |
[17:29] | Do you know… | 你知道 |
[17:31] | how… disappointed… | 你爸爸 |
[17:33] | your father… | 会有 |
[17:34] | would be? | 多失望吗 |
[17:38] | Ah! | 啊 |
[17:43] | Look, I get that there’s gonna be a lot of people that are… | 听着 我能够理解 有很多人 |
[17:46] | not in agreeance with me, including my father, | 会反对我的这个决定 包括我的父亲 |
[17:49] | but technically, I don’t need his consent. | 可是严格来说 我不需要他的同意 |
[17:51] | Well, since we’re speaking in technicalities, | 这个嘛 既然我们在讨论严格意义上的事情 |
[17:53] | technically, you have one more week | 那么严格来说 你还有一个星期的时间 |
[17:55] | to make a final decision. | 来做出最终的决定 |
[17:57] | Now, why don’t you take some time to think about it… | 好了 你为何不花点时间 好好考虑一下 |
[17:59] | you know, meditate, pray, | 你懂的 去冥想 去祈祷 |
[18:01] | even run. | 甚至去跑步 |
[18:03] | But just make sure you don’t run in your church shoes. | 但是确保自己不要穿着礼拜的鞋子跑步 |
[18:06] | I’m pretty sure my feet are bleeding. | 我基本上可以确定我的脚正在流血 |
[18:07] | Look, it’s just that… right now, | 可是 我就是觉得 现在 |
[18:10] | I feel like dropping out might be the best decision for me. | 我感觉退学可能是我最好的选择 |
[18:19] | Look, I get it. | 听着 我懂你的意思 |
[18:22] | I do. | 我真的懂 |
[18:23] | I just don’t want you to make a decision | 我只是不想做出的这个决定 |
[18:25] | that you’re gonna regret the rest of your life. | 会让你后悔终身 |
[18:30] | Would you at least give it one week | 你能不能在作出最终决定之前 |
[18:31] | before you pull the trigger? | 至少留出一个星期的时间考虑 |
[18:40] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:41] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[18:42] | – How’d it go? – Good! | – 讨论的怎么样 – 很不错 |
[18:44] | – Uh, really, really good. – Good. | – 真的 真的很不错 – 那就好 |
[18:51] | so, what’d you decide? | 所以 你的决定是什么 |
[18:52] | I decided… | 我决定 |
[18:55] | I’m officially no longer a Cal U student. | 正式从加大退学了 |
[18:58] | Wow. | 哇 |
[19:03] | Congratulations, I guess… | 恭喜你 大概吧 |
[19:06] | is what I should say. | 这是我应该说的话 |
[19:07] | I don’t know. Somehow, I feel like this is my fault | 我也不知道为什么 我感觉这是我的错 |
[19:09] | that you’re making this decision. | 导致你做出了这个决定 |
[19:10] | But it’s totally not. | 完全不是 |
[19:11] | If anything, | 一定要说的话 |
[19:13] | it’s… your advice gave me the clarity I needed, | 你的建议为我指明了方向 |
[19:16] | like it always does. | 一如既往 |
[19:18] | So, I guess this means I can’t call you “Freshman” anymore. | 所以 我想我以后不能再叫你”新生”了 |
[19:21] | Okay, I’m always going to be Freshman. | 行啦 我永远是新生啦 |
[19:25] | You gonna miss me at all? | 你会想我吗 |
[19:26] | Yes. I’m gonna miss you. | 会的 我会想你的 |
[19:30] | I’m gonna miss you, too. | 我也会想你的 |
[19:34] | Well, I’ll catch you. | 那 回头见 |
[19:36] | Zoey, wait. | Zoey 等等 |
[19:37] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[19:52] | Now we’re even. | 现在我们扯平了 |
[19:55] | The night of my 21st birthday party, | 在我第二十一个生日的夜晚 |
[19:58] | I never did get to make my official birthday wish. | 我没能正式许下我的生日愿望 |
[20:02] | But the truth was, | 可事实上 |
[20:04] | deep down, I knew exactly what I wanted. | 在我心底里 我很清楚自己到底想要什么 |
[20:07] | And now all that was left was for me to go out there | 现在我需要做的 就是去到外边 |
[20:11] | and make those dreams come true for myself. | 努力让我自己的梦想 成为现实 |
[20:18] | I’m really bummed I missed your actual birthday. | 我没去成你的生日派对 现在可难过了 |
[20:21] | Mm-hmm. I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[20:22] | I just can’t wait to download you on everything, though. | 我都等不及要跟你讲最近发生的一切了 |
[20:25] | Okay, but first, I really want party details, okay? | 好 不过首先 我要知道一些派对的细节 好吗 |
[20:27] | – Okay. – Did Ana get too drunk | – 好吧 – Ana有没有喝的烂醉 |
[20:29] | and vomit everywhere? But also… | 然后吐的到处都是 还有 |
[20:31] | did Aaron get butt naked again? | Aaron是不是又光屁股了 |
[20:33] | No. | 没有 |
[20:35] | But he and I, like, kinda, sorta kissed again. | 不过 他和我 就是 又接吻了一次 |
[20:40] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[20:40] | I know! And this time, he initiated it. | 很吃惊吧 这一次 是他主动的 |
[20:43] | – I mean, it was crazy… – No, no, no, Zoey. | – 我是说 这简直太 – 不 不 Zoey |
[20:45] | I think my water just broke. | 我觉得我的羊水破了 |
[20:48] | I mean, I was talking. | 我说 我在说话呢 |