时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | The Theory of Relativity, | 相对论 |
[00:05] | fellow college dropout Albert Einstein’s notion | 大学辍学生阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦提出的理论 |
[00:07] | that time moves faster for a person on Earth | 对于在地球上的人类来说 |
[00:10] | than a person traveling through space at the speed of light. | 时间会比在宇宙中光速运行的人过得快 |
[00:13] | And why am I talking about any of this? | 但是我为什么要说这些呢 |
[00:16] | Because I had a few days’ break | 因为我终于有了几天的休息时间 |
[00:18] | from my rocket ship styling career | 可以从我那火箭飞船般高速运行的事业中脱身 |
[00:20] | and returned home to “Planet Cal U” | 然后回家来到了 “加大星球” |
[00:23] | and realized how much everything had moved on without me. | 却意识到没有了我 一切都还在继续 |
[00:29] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[00:30] | When did you do all that stuff with Nomi’s room? | 你们什么时候在Nomi的房间做了那些 |
[00:33] | Oh, like, uh, a week ago. | 哦 差不多 一周前吧 |
[00:35] | Don’t you love it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[00:36] | Yeah, it’s… it’s cute. | 喜欢 那 那很可爱 |
[00:38] | You hate it. | 你讨厌那个 |
[00:40] | No. | 也不是 |
[00:42] | It’s just, I kind of wish I was a part of it. | 只是 我想我只是希望我也能参与这件事 |
[00:44] | It feels like | 就是感觉 |
[00:45] | so much has changed since the last time I’ve been home. | 从我不在家以来 感觉许多事都变了 |
[00:47] | Zo, no! | Zo 不是的 |
[00:49] | Trust me, aside from Nomi’s room, nothing’s changed. | 相信我 除了Nomi的房间 一切都没有变 |
[00:51] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[00:52] | Oh, my gosh! You’re finally home! | 哦 老天啊 你们终于到家了 |
[00:54] | Okay, you guys have not responded to any of my text messages. | 你们俩都没有回复我给你们发的消息 |
[00:57] | So? | 所以 |
[00:58] | How were the track finals? | 田径决赛怎么样 |
[01:00] | We won the NCAA championship! | 我们在NCAA锦标赛中获胜了 |
[01:02] | Aah! | 啊啊啊 |
[01:04] | And we were on the news, and we got a medal. | 我们还上新闻了 还获得了奖章 |
[01:06] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[01:07] | And someone had her first one-night stand. | 并且某人有了第一个一夜情男友哦 |
[01:10] | – Yeah? – Huh? | – 是吗 – 嗯 |
[01:13] | Her. Not me. I’ve had plenty of ’em. | 是她 不是我 我已经有很多了 |
[01:52] | Okay, Jazz, I thought you weren’t having sex. | 好吧 Jazz 我以为你现在不能做爱 |
[01:55] | No, that’s me. | 不是的 那是我 |
[01:56] | So… you can’t have sex, either? | 所以 你现在也不能做爱吗 |
[01:58] | No, Jazz can have sex, but just not with Doug. | 不 Jazz可以做爱 只要不是和Doug |
[02:00] | And Ana can’t have sex. Because of God. | Ana不能做爱 因为上帝 |
[02:02] | But ever since my baptism and backslide with Javi, | 但是自从浸礼 还有和Javi破戒之后 |
[02:04] | that’s all I think about. | 我脑子里全是爱爱 |
[02:07] | Okay. Hold on. | 好的 等等 |
[02:08] | There’s a lot to process | 太多事要了解了 |
[02:09] | because I’ve obviously missed way too much. | 显然我错过了很多事 |
[02:12] | Let’s start with the most pressing issue. | 我们从最重要的开始 |
[02:14] | Jazz, I thought your whole break thing with Doug | Jazz 我以为你和Doug分手 |
[02:16] | was so that you could focus on track. | 是为了专注于比赛训练 |
[02:18] | It is. | 是的 没错 |
[02:19] | And it’s working… we won! | 而且很有用 我们赢了 |
[02:20] | So if you won, why didn’t you just sleep with Doug? | 如果你赢了 为什么不直接和Doug滚床单呢 |
[02:23] | Because it was only the NCAA Finals | 因为这只是NCAA的决赛 |
[02:26] | and we still have a month before the Olympic Trials. | 离奥林匹克选拔赛只剩一个月了 |
[02:28] | Then, technically, Doug and I are in the clear. | 到那个时候 Doug和我的感情才真正意义上没有阻碍 |
[02:30] | Exactly. We were on the road, | 一点不错 我们当时正在路上 |
[02:32] | – celebrating our amazing victory… – Mm-hmm. | – 庆祝我们无与伦比的胜利 – 嗯哼 |
[02:34] | …with an unhealthy amount of sugary cocktails… | 喝了很多含糖鸡尾酒 |
[02:36] | – Yeah. – …when Jazz here… | – 是的 – Jazz当时在那 |
[02:37] | …just wanted some sex… | 突然想要一些性爱 |
[02:39] | – …some disconnected… – Yep. | – 不走心的 – 是的 |
[02:40] | – …emotionless… – Not one feeling. | – 不动感情的 – 完全没有感觉 |
[02:42] | – …spontaneous… – Completely in the moment. | – 心血来潮地 – 完全是在那一刻想到的 |
[02:43] | – …raw… – What? No. | – 无套的 – 什么 才不是 |
[02:44] | – …sloppy… – Sky, please stop. | – 烂醉如泥 – Sky 不要说了 |
[02:46] | …rando sex. | 随机炮 |
[02:47] | Okay, I did what I did, and now it’s done, | 好吧 我是那么做了 但是已经过去了 |
[02:49] | so if we could please move on from my sex life | 所以麻烦不要再讨论我的性生活了 |
[02:52] | so I can go and take a shower | 好让我去冲个澡 |
[02:53] | and get prepared for JVS Field Day. | 为校运动日做准备 |
[02:55] | Oh, my God! It’s Junior vs. Senior Day?! | 哦 老天 是大三对抗大四的运动会吗 |
[02:58] | – Yep, and I have our T-shirts right here. – Hey! | – 是的 我已经准备好了我们的T恤 在这里 – 嘿 |
[03:00] | – Whoo! Whoo! – Thank you! | – 吼吼 – 谢了 |
[03:02] | Over here, over here. | 这里 这里 |
[03:06] | Wait, there’s no shirt for me in here. | 等一下 这里没有我的T恤 |
[03:08] | Oh. Zo, I’m so sorry. | 哦 Zo 我很抱歉 |
[03:11] | I didn’t know if you would be here. | 我不知道你会在这 |
[03:13] | But I’m sure you can… we c… we can get a shirt there. | 但是我确定你可以 我们可 可以找到一件 |
[03:16] | – Okay. – Yeah. | – 好吧 – 是啊 |
[03:17] | And we can just cross out “Junior” | 我们可以直接把”大三”划掉 |
[03:18] | and write “Dropout” on the back. | 然后在后面写上”辍学生” |
[03:22] | So, while I was catching up on all the changes with my girls, | 当我正在努力补上我不在时 我的姐妹们身边发生的事 |
[03:25] | Aaron was checking in on the change he was trying to make, | Aaron正在跟进自己尝试推动的改变 |
[03:28] | his crusade against Cal U’s choice to invest in private prisons. | 他反对加大选择投资私人监狱的改革运动 |
[03:33] | Mr. Jackson, we’ve received several media requests | Jackson先生 我们收到了一些媒体的采访请求 |
[03:36] | since your widely publicized protest… | 在你公开抗议后 |
[03:39] | ABC News, The Washington Post, | ABC新闻 华盛顿邮报 |
[03:42] | The Daily… | 每日新闻 |
[03:44] | and something called The Shade Room? | 还有一个叫什么 隐蔽的房间 |
[03:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[03:46] | They’re making a formal request to… “Spill the Tea”? | 他们正式请求 “把茶倒出来” |
[03:50] | I-I… | 我 我 |
[03:53] | Oh… Ohh. | 哦 哦 |
[03:54] | Ah! Oh! | 啊哦 |
[03:55] | So the “Tea” is the “Hot goss.” | 所以”茶”就是指”猛料” |
[03:58] | – Yeah. – Okay, got it. | – 是的 – 好的 我懂了 |
[03:59] | Well, Chancellor Mitchell, there’d be no “Tea to spill” | Mitchell校监 这里没有什么猛料需要曝光 |
[04:01] | if Cal U would just do the right thing | 如果加大做了正确的事 |
[04:03] | and take their endowment dollars out of the private prison system. | 撤销对私人监狱系统的投资 |
[04:05] | Which brings me to one of the reasons | 这也正是我今天邀请你 |
[04:07] | why I invited you in today. | 来这里的原因之一 |
[04:08] | I wanted to tell you personally | 我想以私人身份告诉你 |
[04:10] | that there is now a plan in action | 目前有一个正在进行中的计划 |
[04:12] | to begin the dialogue | 可以展开一场对话 |
[04:13] | about setting a meeting up with the Regent | 关于与校务委员开会商议 |
[04:15] | to formulate another plan to begin the divestment process. | 制定开始撤销资金的计划 |
[04:18] | Oh. Well, when will this actual process begin? | 哦 那么什么时候正式开始 |
[04:22] | In the next 5 to 10 years. | 五到十年内 |
[04:27] | Great. | 很好 |
[04:28] | Great. | 很好 |
[04:29] | Well, no, my “Great” was | 不 我说”很好” |
[04:30] | me thinking about how dapper I’m gonna look on TV, | 是我在想象 我衣冠楚楚出现在电视上的样子 |
[04:32] | chopping it up with Rachel Maddow | 和Rachel Maddow深度剖析解读 |
[04:33] | about your failure to comply with student requests. | 关于你不愿听取学生的要求 |
[04:37] | Well, we figured our divestment strategy alone might not have been enough, | 我们想单单是撤资策略还不够 |
[04:40] | so we have a proposition that might make our plan more palatable for you. | 我们还有一个提案 也许更合你意 |
[04:46] | We’d like to forgive your student debt. | 我们将免除你的学生债务 |
[04:50] | Um… I’m confused. | 呃 我不明白 |
[04:52] | You want to erase my… my student loans? Why? | 你想要免除我 我的学生贷款 为什么 |
[04:54] | Look, you’ve made it more than clear | 你已经说得很清楚了 |
[04:56] | that you don’t approve of your tuition dollars | 你不赞同自己的学费 |
[04:57] | going to the private prison system, | 被投资进私人监狱系统 |
[05:00] | and we’d like to respect that. | 我们愿意尊重你的意愿 |
[05:01] | So everything I owe Cal U would just… be gone? | 所以我欠加大的贷款就全都一笔勾销了吗 |
[05:05] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[05:07] | I don’t get it. What’s… What’s the catch? | 我不明白 那 那代价是什么 |
[05:10] | There is no catch. | 没有代价 |
[05:11] | You would just sign a standard Non-Disclosure Agreement, | 你只需要签署一份标准的保密协议 |
[05:15] | and, moving forward, we’d politely ask you | 然后 未来 我们想礼貌地请求你 |
[05:18] | to refrain from speaking publicly against the University. | 不要提出对大学的公开反对 |
[05:23] | That’s all. | 就这么多要求 |
[05:33] | Sorry, man. Special event surge prices. | 抱歉 老兄 特殊节日要涨价 |
[05:35] | Junior vs. Senior Field Day. | 大三大四校运动会 |
[05:37] | People want that good-good. | 所有人都想要好东西 |
[05:38] | I’ll take that so-so for a lower price. | 那我低价买那个一般般的东西 |
[05:40] | Oh, come on, Horatio. You’re better than that. | 哦 拜托 Horatio 别这样 |
[05:42] | And it’s just business. | 这只是生意 |
[05:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:49] | See you tomorrow in Fluid Mechanics. | 明天流体力学课上见 |
[05:50] | Yo, bro. | 哟 老兄 |
[05:52] | – Your girl’s looking for you, man. – Huh? | – 你的妹子在找你 老兄 – 什么 |
[05:54] | And, frankly, I’m tired of making small talk with her. | 说实话 我不想再和她闲聊了 |
[05:57] | I-I mean, I just don’t find her that interesting. | 我是说 我就是觉得她没那么有趣 |
[05:59] | I mean, she’s cute, though, so I get it… | 我是说 她是很可爱啦 所以我懂你 |
[06:03] | I guess. | 我想 |
[06:04] | Look, after Parents Weekend, | 听着 家长会周末之后 |
[06:05] | this is my biggest dealing day of the year. | 这是我一年中最大的交易日 |
[06:06] | A’ight, but don’t tell me that. | 好吧 但是别跟我说这些 |
[06:09] | Go tell her. | 去跟她说 |
[06:10] | She keeps on asking me where you are, | 她一直在问我你在哪 |
[06:11] | and I don’t know what to tell her. | 我不知道跟她说什么 |
[06:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:15] | This is my first real relationship. | 这是我第一次谈恋爱 |
[06:17] | Honestly, I don’t want anything to mess it up. | 说实话我不想搞砸 |
[06:20] | I really like this girl. | 我确实很喜欢那个女孩 |
[06:23] | Hey, Vivy. | 嘿 Vivy |
[06:24] | Where you been? | 你刚刚去哪了 |
[06:25] | Uhhhhhhhh… | 呃 |
[06:27] | Looking for you, Heidi Heidi Ho Ho! | 在找你呀 Heidi Heidi Ho Ho |
[06:30] | I love when he calls me that. | 我喜欢他这么叫我 |
[06:31] | Mm. You would. | 嗯 是的 |
[06:32] | – Jenga? – Yeah. | – 玩叠叠乐吗 – 好啊 |
[06:34] | Let’s do it. | 我们来玩吧 |
[06:36] | …there, so it’s not like they can say anything, you know? | 并不是他们可以随意说什么 你明白吗 |
[06:38] | – That’s crazy. – Yeah! | – 那太疯狂了 – 是的 |
[06:38] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[06:40] | Guys, it’s Zoey. | 大伙 是Zoey |
[06:41] | Apparently, she couldn’t get in | 很明显 她进不来 |
[06:42] | because she’s no longer a student, | 因为她不再是这里的学生了 |
[06:43] | so she’s gonna go get a drink at Titanium. | 所以她准备去钛坦酒吧喝一杯 |
[06:46] | She threw in a crying emoji, | 她发了一个哭泣的表情 |
[06:47] | so does that mean we need to go, too? | 那我们是不是也要去 |
[06:48] | And miss the biggest event of the school year? | 然后错过学校一年里最大的活动吗 |
[06:51] | I’m sorry, but as a college dropout, | 我很遗憾 但是作为一个辍学生 |
[06:52] | this is the first of many doors | 这只是第一扇 |
[06:53] | that will be slammed in her face. | 将在她面前狠狠关上的门 |
[06:55] | A stable career… | 一个稳定的工作 |
[06:56] | a 401(k)… | 401k退休福利计划 |
[06:57] | and, I hate to say it, but a respectable husband. | 以及我不想说的 一个体面的丈夫 |
[06:59] | It doesn’t seem like you hated saying that. | 你好像并不是不想说这些 |
[07:01] | I didn’t. I loved it. | 没错 我就喜欢说这些 |
[07:04] | No, see, she’s talking about a square. | 不 看吧 她在说一个循规蹈矩的人 |
[07:06] | It’s got to be a whole thing. | 这事肯定很复杂 |
[07:15] | You good? | 你还好吗 |
[07:16] | Yeah, yeah. No, I’m good, I’m good. | 是的 是的 不 我特别好 非常好 |
[07:19] | She doesn’t look good. | 她看上去可不太好 |
[07:21] | Looks like she just seen a ghost. | 看上去像见鬼了一样 |
[07:23] | Actually, two… | 实际上 是两个 |
[07:25] | ghost from her past | 一个是前男友 |
[07:25] | and a ghost from her one-night stand. | 另一个是一夜情男友 |
[07:28] | What? | 什么 |
[07:32] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[07:34] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[07:45] | Uh, my bad, man. | 呃 我的错 老兄 |
[07:47] | Nah, it’s all good, man. | 啊 没事 老兄 |
[07:48] | I was just coming to say what’s up to the champ here. | 我只是想来跟冠军打个招呼 |
[07:51] | But I guess I’ll… catch up with the champ later. | 但是我想我可以晚点再来见这位冠军 |
[07:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:57] | Mm. Double champ? Who’s that? | 嗯 双料冠军 那是谁 |
[07:59] | That’s the president of your fan club or something? | 他是你粉丝会会长还是什么 |
[08:01] | No. No, that’s just Ricky from the track team being extra. | 不 不 那只是田径队的Ricky 热情过头了 |
[08:04] | – Oh, okay. – Mm-hmm. | – 哦 好吧 – 嗯 |
[08:05] | ‘Cause it looked like Ricky from the track team | 因为看上去田径队的Ricky |
[08:07] | was trying to be all up on your team. | 正想和你亲近亲近 |
[08:12] | Stop playin’. | 别开玩笑了 |
[08:13] | Nah, but, um, seriously, though, | 没有啦 但是 说真的 |
[08:14] | I-I came over here to congratulate you. | 我 我是来恭喜你的 |
[08:17] | I wanted to hit you up when I heard the great news, | 在我听到好消息的时候 我想立刻联系你 |
[08:20] | but, you know, I know you been focused, | 但是你知道的 我知道你想专注于比赛 |
[08:23] | so I respect that. | 所以我尊重你的想法 |
[08:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:28] | And I know it’s been a struggle, | 我知道这很难熬 |
[08:30] | but, clearly, this whole break’s been worth it, right? | 但是很明显 暂时分开很值得 不是吗 |
[08:36] | I’m proud of you, baby. | 我为你骄傲 宝贝 |
[08:48] | Great. | 很好 |
[08:49] | So, I can’t go to Field Day because I’m no longer a student, | 我不能去校运动会 因为我不是学生了 |
[08:53] | and, apparently, I can’t even hang out at Titanium because, | 而且 显然 我也不能在钛坦酒吧乱晃 |
[08:56] | per Rochelle, I have to fall all the way back from Aaron. | 因为Rochelle的关系 我需要躲着Aaron |
[08:59] | So in the spirit of non-student sisterhood… | 本社会人本着姐妹精神 |
[09:07] | Zoey Zoey Zoey! Zoey! | |
[09:10] | Oh! | 哦 |
[09:14] | Oh! Aaron! I-I didn’t see you sitting there. | 哦 Aaron 我没看见你坐在那里 |
[09:16] | Well, I don’t want to disturb you | 我不想打扰你 |
[09:18] | and your super-frothy coffee. | 还有你的超多泡沫咖啡 |
[09:20] | Yum, yum, yum! K, bye. | 真好闻呀 好了 拜拜 |
[09:22] | Why are you running off? | 为什么你这么急着走 |
[09:23] | Can you stop being weird, please, and come sit down? | 你可不可以不要再这么奇怪 过来坐会 |
[09:28] | – Me? – Yeah. | – 我吗 – 是的 |
[09:33] | Yeah, hey. | 好的 嘿 |
[09:34] | – Uh… – Hey. | – 呃 – 嘿 |
[09:36] | What’s this stack of papers about? | 那一叠纸是干什么的 |
[09:38] | That is a proposal from the Chancellor. | 是校监给的一个提案 |
[09:40] | In appreciation of my fighting for Cal U, | 为了感谢我为加大进行的斗争 |
[09:43] | they want to forgive my student loans. | 他们想免除我的学贷 |
[09:46] | Oh, my God. Oh, my God! | 哦 天啊 我的天啊 |
[09:47] | Dude, that’s amazing! | 伙计 这棒极了 |
[09:48] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[09:50] | Yeah, yeah, no, they’re gonna wipe out | 啊 不 他们可以彻彻底底地 |
[09:51] | my student debt completely. | 免除我的学贷 |
[09:53] | All I have to do is stop fighting for them to divest in private prisons | 只要我不再争取要求他们从私人监狱撤资 |
[09:56] | and sign an NDA, so… | 并签订保密协议 |
[10:00] | Oh. Wow. | 哦 哇 |
[10:02] | So I guess it’s more “Messed up” than amazing. | 所以比起”棒极了”更应该是”烦透了” |
[10:06] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:07] | Uh… so, what are you gonna do? | 呃 所以 你想怎么办 |
[10:10] | I don’t know, man. I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 朋友 我不知道 |
[10:15] | What do you think I should do? | 你认为我应该怎么做 |
[10:17] | Okay, I don’t feel like I can answer that. | 好吧 我觉得我没法回答这个问题 |
[10:20] | Just want to know what you think. | 我只想知道你的想法 |
[10:22] | And be real with me. | 我要听你的心里话 |
[10:25] | Okay, if I’m being real… | 好吧 我的心里话 |
[10:27] | you know, I feel like you’d hate yourself if you took that money. | 我觉得你会恨自己拿了那笔钱 |
[10:29] | Might hate myself if I don’t. | 也可能会恨自己没拿那笔钱 |
[10:31] | True. I just know how dedicated you are to that cause, | 没错 只是我知道你为那份事业付出了很多 |
[10:34] | and I worry that, you know, | 所以我担心 |
[10:36] | your guilt is gonna be worse than your regret. | 你的自责会远胜你的遗憾 |
[10:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:43] | Wait, where you going? | 等等 你去哪 |
[10:45] | To the bar. | 去吧台 |
[10:46] | We’re gonna need a lot more alcohol. | 我们得好好喝一顿 |
[10:55] | Okay. All right. | 好的 好的 |
[10:57] | Okay, and… | 看好了 |
[10:59] | Oh! | 噢 |
[11:01] | Babe. Get your head out of your phone. | 宝贝 别低头看手机了 |
[11:02] | One more shot, and we win. | 再进一球 我们就赢了 |
[11:03] | I know. No, I just got to take care of something really quickly. | 我知道 我有点事要处理 很快的 |
[11:06] | Take care of what? | 处理什么 |
[11:09] | Uh, man business. | 呃 男人的一些事 |
[11:10] | Yeah, it’s my doctor. Uh… | 啊 是我的医生 呃 |
[11:12] | I accidentally zippered my balls. | 我拉拉链不小心扯到蛋了 |
[11:14] | Again? | 又来 |
[11:16] | What is wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[11:20] | You know what? Go deal with your balls. I’m going home. | 这样吧 你料理你的蛋 我回去了 |
[11:31] | It was just a little white lie. | 那只是一个小小的善意的谎言 |
[11:33] | Exactly. | 就是 |
[11:34] | I make Rodney lie to me all the time that he’s Black. | 我一直逼Rodney跟我说他是黑人 |
[11:36] | It’s our little Black lie. | 我们之间的”黑色的谎言” |
[11:37] | Yeah, but this is different. | 这不一样 |
[11:39] | I never lied to Doug before, and I did right to his face. | 我从不对Doug说谎 刚才却当着他的面这么做了 |
[11:41] | Okay, look, normally, I would never condone dishonesty, | 好吧 一般 我不能宽恕欺骗的行为 |
[11:44] | but, Jazz, this is something that you did to protect his heart. | 但是 Jazz 你这么做是为了保护他的感情 |
[11:47] | And don’t forget, at the end of the day, | 而且别忘了 到头来 |
[11:49] | he’s the one who brought up this whole “Sleeping with other people” stuff. | 还是他先提出”可以跟别人睡”的要求的 |
[11:52] | – Mm-hmm. – I promise you, | – 嗯哼 – 跟你保证 |
[11:53] | he is not stressing about the girls he’s slept with. | 他不会因为睡了几个姑娘就紧张兮兮的 |
[11:56] | – No. – Okay. Yeah, maybe you’re right. | – 不会 – 好吧 可能你们是对的 |
[11:57] | – Yeah. – Okay. | – 是啊 – 没错 |
[11:59] | Oh, my gosh! | 我的天呐 |
[12:02] | These are so beautiful! | 这太漂亮了 |
[12:05] | Oh, they smell so good. | 闻着太香了 |
[12:06] | Who are they from? | 谁送的 |
[12:08] | Really expensive. | 超级贵 |
[12:09] | Yeah, I know, right? | 是啊 可不 |
[12:13] | They’re from Doug. | Doug送的 |
[12:15] | “Congratulations, babe. Hope to see you at Field Day. | “恭喜 宝贝 希望在校运动会见到你 |
[12:18] | We’re almost at our finish line.” | 我们就要到终点了” |
[12:20] | Crap. | 完了 |
[12:26] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:27] | You want to talk? | 想聊聊吗 |
[12:28] | Nope. | 不 |
[12:30] | Jazz Jazz? | |
[12:32] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[12:33] | To make things right. | 去弥补做错的事 |
[12:35] | I lied to someone I love, and that’s just not me. | 我对爱人撒了谎 我不该这么做 |
[12:39] | Jazz Jazz. | |
[12:40] | Jazlyn Jazlyn. | |
[12:44] | Seriously? | 怎么回事 |
[12:45] | You’re just gonna let her go when she’s this emotional? | 你在她这么情绪化的时候放她走了 |
[12:47] | I know my sister. | 我了解我的姐妹 |
[12:48] | And when her mind’s made up, nothing can stop her. | 她决定好的事 没什么可以阻拦她 |
[12:54] | Babe. | 宝贝 |
[12:57] | Thanks for coming over. Uh… | 谢谢你能来 呃 |
[13:00] | I’m sorry I was so distracted today. | 抱歉 我今天太不专心了 |
[13:02] | But I got you this. | 但是我给你准备了这个 |
[13:05] | That’s very sweet, but I don’t need a trophy. | 这很好 但是我不需要一个奖杯 |
[13:09] | I need an explanation | 我需要一个解释 |
[13:10] | as to why your head was buried in your phone all day | 为什么你一整天都埋头看手机 |
[13:12] | and why you kept sneaking off | 而且总是偷偷溜走 |
[13:13] | to have weird, shady conversations with random people. | 跟不认识的人鬼鬼祟祟地讲话 |
[13:17] | What is going on with you? | 你怎么了 |
[13:20] | Babe, come on. | 宝贝 别这样 |
[13:20] | Like the trophy says, I’m your number-one girlfriend. | 就像奖杯上写的 我是你最棒的女友 |
[13:24] | You can tell me anything. | 你可以跟我无话不聊 |
[13:26] | Yeah, um… | 是啊 呃 |
[13:28] | Here, I’ll just… | 我就是 |
[13:36] | So, what has been going on today | 就是 今天我跟那些人 |
[13:39] | with me and all those randos is… | 做的事就是 |
[13:42] | me selling them drugs. | 我卖毒品给他们 |
[13:48] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[13:54] | Yes! | 没错 |
[13:57] | Come on! You really think I’m a drug dealer? | 不是吧 你还真以为我是毒贩子 |
[14:00] | You should’ve seen your face! | 你真该看看自己的表情 |
[14:03] | “Whoo-hoo-hoo! Look at me! | “呼呼呼 快看我 |
[14:04] | Engineering student secretly a big-time drug dealer. | 表面上工程系学生 私底下著名毒枭 |
[14:07] | Burner phone.” | 还有一次性手机” |
[14:09] | “I ended up in the hospital | “我最后进了医院 |
[14:10] | ’cause I got beat up over selling cocaine.” | 因为我卖可卡因被打了一顿” |
[14:16] | Come on, babe. | 怎么可能 宝贝 |
[14:18] | Seriously. That’s not me. | 真的 我不是那样的人 |
[14:21] | No, y-you’re right. That’s… That’s crazy. | 嗯 没错 那 那太离谱了 |
[14:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:25] | You’d be so bad at it. Can you imagine? | 你做不来那种事 你能想象吗 |
[14:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[14:28] | So, then, what were you doing all day? | 那么 你一整天都在忙啥呢 |
[14:31] | Well, I was selling them something… | 唔 我确实卖给他们一些东西 |
[14:34] | …but it was… | 但是其实是 |
[14:37] | term papers. | 期末论文 |
[14:41] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:44] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[14:47] | So, you don’t happen to have anything | 那你会不会正好有 |
[14:49] | on mid-century Korean architecture, do you? | 关于韩国中世纪建筑的东西吧 对吧 |
[14:55] | Pssh! | 吁 |
[14:56] | Do I? | 你说呢 |
[15:04] | Aaron, that’s, like, your fifth pros-and-cons list. | Aaron 那是你的 第五份”做还是不做”清单了 |
[15:08] | Why don’t you just sleep on it, all right? | 你不能先搁置一晚吗 |
[15:09] | You don’t have to make this decision tonight. | 你不必今晚就做出决定啊 |
[15:11] | Hey, I feel like I have to, okay? | 嘿 我觉得我必须今晚做好 好吗 |
[15:12] | ‘Cause the more I prolong it, the more I feel like | 因为我拖得越久 就越有可能 |
[15:14] | I’m gonna try and justify taking this money. | 拿下这笔钱 并且洗白这个行为 |
[15:17] | You don’t have to justify anything to anyone, all right? | 你不必向任何人洗白任何事 好吗 |
[15:19] | Accepting the money allows you to take a job you want | 收下这笔钱 你就可以找一份理想的工作 |
[15:22] | rather than a job you need. | 而不是糊口的工作 |
[15:23] | Maybe you could even travel | 甚至你可以去旅游 |
[15:24] | to see the world you fight so hard to save. | 去好好看看这个你为之奋斗想要拯救的世界 |
[15:27] | It’s a win-win situation, babe. Take it. | 这是双赢的局面 宝贝 收下吧 |
[15:29] | I don’t know. I’m not sure it is a win, you know? | 我不知道 我不确定这算不算赢 |
[15:31] | It’s like what Zoey said earlier. | 就像Zoey早先说的 |
[15:32] | Will I be able to live with myself | 如果拿下这笔封口费 |
[15:34] | if I take the hush money? | 我还能不能面对自己 |
[15:36] | Wait, you already talked to Zoey about this? | 等等 你已经跟Zoey讲过这件事了吗 |
[15:38] | Yeah, I ran into her earlier on campus. | 嗯 我之前在学校碰见她了 |
[15:40] | I just had to get it off my chest, you know? | 我只是想要找个人倾诉 |
[15:42] | Like with her? Before talking to me? | 所以你就告诉她了 在告诉我之前 |
[15:45] | I guess, yeah. I don’t know. | 对 我不知道 |
[15:47] | I-I ran into her first. | 我就是先碰见她了 |
[15:51] | Are you kidding me? Are you seriously mad about this? | 真的吗 你真的因为这个生气了吗 |
[15:53] | A little bit. | 有点儿 |
[15:55] | But mostly just hurt. | 但是主要是伤心 |
[15:57] | Hurt, uh… Okay. | 伤心 呃 好吧 |
[15:58] | Uh, Rochelle, come on. | Rochelle 别这样 |
[16:01] | No. It’s cool, all right? | 不 我没事 |
[16:02] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 明天再打给你 |
[16:16] | Oh, hey. | 噢 嗨 |
[16:17] | You got the flowers. | 你收到花了 |
[16:19] | You like ’em? | 喜欢吗 |
[16:21] | I love them. | 特别喜欢 |
[16:23] | Uh… | 呃 |
[16:25] | This note… | 这张留言 |
[16:28] | these words… | 这些话 |
[16:31] | …how supportive you’ve been. | 你多支持我啊 |
[16:32] | Baby, you don’t have to cry. | 宝贝 别哭 |
[16:34] | You deserve all of this. | 你值得我这么做 |
[16:36] | No, I don’t. | 我不值得 |
[16:38] | Because I wasn’t… I wasn’t honest with you earlier. | 因为我 我之前对你撒谎了 |
[16:42] | About what? | 什么谎 |
[16:45] | Um… | 呃 |
[16:47] | that guy, Ricky. | 那个叫Ricky的 |
[16:49] | There’s more to it. | 我跟他不只是那样 |
[16:53] | Look, I know it wasn’t a part of our deal | 看 我知道我们并没有约定好 |
[16:55] | to tell each other about stuff we’ve done, | 要告诉彼此自己做过的事 |
[16:58] | but I can’t lie to you. | 但是我不能对你说谎 |
[17:01] | That’s not who we are. | 我们不是这样的 |
[17:04] | When I was in Austin, after we won, | 在奥斯汀 我们赢了之后 |
[17:08] | a bunch of us, we got together, | 一大群人聚在一起 |
[17:10] | and we were drunk and celebrating and… | 我们喝醉了在庆祝 然后 |
[17:13] | You had sex with him. | 你跟他上床了 |
[17:15] | It meant absolutely nothing. | 这不代表什么的 |
[17:20] | I’m so sorry I lied to you. | 我很抱歉对你撒谎了 |
[17:26] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[17:29] | Um… | 呃 |
[17:33] | Thank you for being honest with me. | 谢谢你能对我这么诚实 |
[17:36] | You didn’t have to at all, | 你本不必这么做 |
[17:39] | so I’m glad that you did. | 所以我很开心你做了 |
[17:42] | And, look, you don’t have to tell me anything | 而且 你不必告诉我 |
[17:46] | about anyone you’ve been with, okay? | 你都跟谁在一起了 好吗 |
[17:50] | Well, that’s good to hear, ’cause, honestly… | 嗯 那挺好的 因为我其实 |
[17:56] | …I don’t have anything to tell. | 我没什么好说的 |
[17:59] | Jazz, I haven’t been with anyone. | Jazz 我没有约过任何人 |
[18:05] | I was waiting for you. | 我一直在等你 |
[18:19] | Dude, what are you doing? My car’s here. | 伙计 你在干什么 我车都到了 |
[18:21] | I have to fly out of town for work again! | 我得飞奔出城去工作了 |
[18:23] | Zoey, will you please stop whining? | Zoey 别抱怨了成吗 |
[18:25] | This will just take a second. | 只要一会儿就好 |
[18:27] | I wanted to do something special for you. | 我要为你做一件特别的事 |
[18:34] | Okay, are you serious? | 哇 真的吗 |
[18:45] | I just hope you know that no matter how far you are, | 我希望你知道 不管你跟我们相隔多远 |
[18:48] | you’ll always be here with us. | 你永远在我们身边 |
[18:51] | Ana, that’s so sweet. | Ana 这太暖了 |
[18:53] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[19:04] | Oh, no. | 噢 不好 |
[19:06] | This is gonna require all hands on deck. | 这可要动用全部的人力 |
[19:15] | 叫车服务 您的车已达到 您的车将在一分钟后离开 | |
[19:16] | 叫车服务 您的车已达到 您的车将在一分钟后离开 | |
[19:17] | The worst thing about coming home | 最糟糕的不是回到家 |
[19:19] | and finding out that everything had changed | 然后发现一切都变了 |
[19:22] | was having to leave again | 而是还没跟上节奏 |
[19:23] | before you had a chance to make any sense of it. | 就又要离开了 |
[19:30] | And so, as I prepared to leave town yet again, | 所以 当我又一次准备踏上离乡的路 |
[19:34] | I had to wonder how many things would be different | 我不禁会想 等我下一次回到加大 |
[19:36] | the next time I touched down at Cal U. | 又会发生多少变化 |
[20:09] | – Got the stuff? – Yeah, Horatio. | – 有货吗 – 有 Horatio |
[20:11] | You got the stuff? | 你有货吗 |
[20:12] | I do. | 我有 |
[20:14] | Well, I do, too. | 那好 我也有 |
[20:15] | Then give it up. | 那给我 |
[20:16] | You give it up. | 你先给我 |
[20:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:19] | We’ll do it at the same time. | 我们同时给 |
[20:21] | 1 2 1, 2… | |
[20:28] | How’s this? | 这货质量怎么样 |
[20:29] | Pure. | 很纯 |
[20:30] | How’s this bibliography? | 这篇文献怎么样 |
[20:32] | Annotated. | 注解翔实 |
[20:35] | My man! | 好兄弟 |