时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:58] | Open the bloody door! | 快开门 |
[02:07] | What in the world? | 怎么回事 |
[02:09] | This is Lyra and Pantalaimon. | 这是莱拉和潘特莱蒙 |
[02:13] | Asriel, | 阿斯里尔 |
[02:14] | I hereby invoke the privilege of Scholastic Sanctuary! | 我特此援引学者圣殿的特权 |
[02:18] | Scholastic Sanctuary?! | 学者圣殿 |
[02:21] | Jordan College is a place of learning, | 乔丹学院是个学习的地方 |
[02:25] | it’s not suitable for a child! | 不适合养孩子 |
[02:27] | Outside of the college, she is not safe. | 她在学院之外不安全 |
[02:29] | I have no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[02:32] | I have no choice! | 我别无选择 |
[02:34] | You keep her safe! | 你保护好她 |
[02:58] | Lyra, the rules are simple. | 莱拉 规则很简单 |
[03:00] | We know the rules, Pan. | 我们知道规则 潘 |
[03:02] | You don’t obey the rules. | 你不遵守规则 |
[03:03] | – It doesn’t mean I don’t know ’em. – We need to win this time. | -那不代表我不知道 -我们这次得赢 |
[03:05] | – Just count us down. – Three, two…one. | -倒数吧 -三 二 一 |
[03:09] | Cheat! | 耍赖 |
[03:16] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[03:17] | Sorry, Mrs Woodbridge! | 抱歉 伍德布里奇太太 |
[03:19] | I’ll help you clean it later! | 我晚点来帮你洗 |
[03:26] | Mind yourself! | 看着点 |
[03:27] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[03:31] | Lyra! Class! | 莱拉 上课去 |
[03:33] | Phys-ed, Master! Sharpen the body, sharpen the mind! | 体育课 院长 锻炼身体 敏锐头脑 |
[03:45] | Roger! This way. | 罗杰 这边 |
[03:47] | – I know a short cut! – Are you sure? | -我知道条近路 -你确定吗 |
[03:52] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[03:53] | Lyra, will you wait? | 莱拉 等等我 |
[03:55] | That’s the last time I listen to you, Salcilia! | 我再也不听你的了 塞尔西里亚 |
[04:02] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[04:05] | Cheat! You know I hate it down here! | 耍赖 你知道我讨厌这下面 |
[04:21] | Lyra? | 莱拉 |
[04:27] | Lyra? | 莱拉 |
[04:44] | These coffins have got skeletons in them. | 这些棺材里有骷髅 |
[04:46] | All coffins have got skeletons in them, Roger, | 所有棺材里都有骷髅 罗杰 |
[04:48] | that’s sort of the point! | 棺材不就是装骷髅的吗 |
[04:49] | Yeah, but I can see these skeletons! | 是啊 但我能看见这些骷髅 |
[04:52] | Only the ones with the open caskets. | 只有开棺的能看到 |
[04:54] | Makes you wonder what’s inside the ones that are closed. | 让人不禁好奇那些闭棺的里面有什么 |
[04:59] | I wasn’t thinking that. | 我可没想那个 |
[05:01] | No. | 没想 |
[05:03] | Why do daemons disappear when you die? | 为什么人死后精灵就消失了 |
[05:06] | And yet humans leave these nasty skeletons behind? | 而人类却会留下这些可怕的骷髅 |
[05:11] | Do you ever think about what animal Pan will settle as | 你想过等潘不再变化时 |
[05:14] | when he stops changing form? | 会固定成什么形态吗 |
[05:16] | I think about it. | 我想过 |
[05:18] | Pan and I talk about it. | 潘和我谈过这个 |
[05:21] | Pan thinks he will be a lion. | 潘觉得他会固定成狮子 |
[05:23] | I don’t! | 我才不呢 |
[05:25] | I think he’ll settle as a sloth, or a guinea pig. | 我觉得他会固定成树懒 或者天竺鼠 |
[05:28] | You said you wanted something cunning, like a fox. | 你说想要狡猾一点的动物 比如狐狸 |
[05:32] | And you? What do you think Salcilia will settle as? | 你呢 你觉得塞尔西里亚会固定成什么 |
[05:37] | A house marten or a house cat? | 家貂 或者是家猫 |
[05:41] | Then let’s drink on that. | 我们为此喝一杯吧 |
[05:43] | Drink? | 喝 |
[05:45] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[05:53] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[06:08] | We should go, | 我们得走了 |
[06:10] | the storm is upon us. | 风暴马上就来了 |
[06:14] | Not yet. | 还没到 |
[06:16] | We should have enough time. | 时间应该够的 |
[06:18] | I need one more! | 我得再拍一张 |
[06:29] | We have to find us a way off the mountain. | 我们得想个办法下山 |
[06:31] | Pack up. | 快收拾 |
[06:32] | – Yes, yes, all right! – Quickly. | -好吧好吧 -快点 |
[06:45] | Favour your right side down the face. | 下岩壁时贴着右边 |
[07:13] | Thorold! This is the one! I think we’ve got it! | 索罗尔德 这次一定行 我应该拍到了 |
[07:17] | I know the Magisterium have never ventured this far north, | 我知道教会当局没到过这么北的地方 |
[07:20] | but really, I feel we are… We’re pushing our luck here. | 但我还是觉得 这是在冒险 |
[07:23] | Jordan College are going to take some convincing. | 乔丹学院需要证据才能被说服 |
[07:28] | I have to be certain of what we have | 我必须先确定我们掌握了什么 |
[07:30] | before I stand in front of them. | 才能去面对他们 |
[07:32] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[07:35] | Here we are. | 好了 |
[07:39] | – Are your hands clean? – Yes, sir. | -你的手干净吗 -干净 先生 |
[07:43] | There we go. | 给你 |
[08:09] | We’ll let the storm blow itself out. | 我们等着风暴过去 |
[08:13] | It’s finally time for us to put on a show for the scholars. | 终于能给那些院士表演一场了 |
[08:18] | We’ll head south in the morning. | 我们一早就南下 |
[08:20] | But we’re taking a friend. | 但是要带上个朋友 |
[08:24] | If I can’t convince them, he will! | 即便我说服不了他们 他也一定行 |
[08:44] | DerbyNinja | 翻译 |
[10:01] | Eyes will be opened and your daemons will assume their true form | 你们的眼睛就会明亮 你们的精灵将现原形 |
[10:06] | and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. | 你们就像神一样 懂得善恶之分 |
[10:14] | Lyra, if you could try to stay awake? | 莱拉 你可以尽量别睡着吗 |
[10:17] | I am. I’m listening, I’m listening. | 好 我在听 在听 |
[10:20] | I’m a god, knowing good and evil. | 我是能辨善恶的神 |
[10:22] | “As” Gods, Lyra. | 是”就像”神 莱拉 |
[10:25] | The Magisterium wouldn’t approve of blasphemy. | 教会当局绝不会允许亵渎上帝的言论 |
[10:28] | I thought we were protected by Scholastic Sanctuary? | 我们不是受学者圣殿保护吗 |
[10:31] | Yes. A privilege we had to earn and one we must not abuse. | 对 这个特权是努力赢得的 不可滥用 |
[10:34] | Without Scholastic Sanctuary, | 没有学者圣殿 |
[10:36] | you wouldn’t be here and nor would I. | 你就不会在这里 我也一样 |
[10:39] | You would do well to remember that, Lyra. | 你应当牢记这一点 莱拉 |
[10:42] | – Lyra! It’s your uncle. – Now then, where were we. | -莱拉 你叔叔来了 -说到哪了 |
[10:46] | Yes. | 对了 |
[10:52] | Finally, I’ll get to go to the North with him. | 终于来了 我能跟他去北方了 |
[10:55] | Lyra, don’t do anything stupid. | 莱拉 别做傻事 |
[11:02] | Librarian, will you read me that fascinating piece | 图书馆长 你能否再为我读一遍那段 |
[11:04] | on the serpent’s motivations in the Garden of Eden again? | 精彩的毒蛇在伊甸园中实施引诱的片段 |
[11:07] | I don’t exist to entertain you, Lyra. | 我不是给你解闷的 莱拉 |
[11:10] | – And the Magisterium wouldn’t approve… – Please. | -教会当局绝不会允许… -求你了 |
[11:19] | Where is it? Ah, yes. | 在哪呢 对了 |
[11:22] | We put it up here, didn’t we? | 我们放在这里了 对吧 |
[11:24] | Now, where is it? | 到底在哪 |
[11:27] | Ah, there we go. | 在这里呢 |
[11:30] | Thank you, Serena. | 谢谢你 瑟琳娜 |
[11:32] | There you go. | 好了 |
[11:36] | Lyra? | 莱拉 |
[11:39] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[11:44] | So, this isn’t stupid? | 这就不叫傻事了吗 |
[11:46] | All right, you’ve had your fun. | 行了 你玩够了吧 |
[11:50] | Not yet I haven’t. | 还没呢 |
[12:12] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[12:14] | Asriel… | 阿斯里尔 |
[12:18] | It’s time. | 时候到了 |
[12:47] | No, Lyra, don’t! The Retiring Room is expressly forbidden. | 莱拉 不要 休息室是明令禁止进入的 |
[12:50] | Not for family reunions. | 家庭团聚时可以 |
[12:59] | All right, that was close. | 好悬 |
[13:03] | Is this the Tokay? | 是托考依葡萄酒吗 |
[13:04] | Yes, Master. | 是的 院长 |
[13:05] | The 1938, as you ordered. | 按您的吩咐 是1938年的 |
[13:07] | Lord Asriel was most partial to that, as I remember. | 我记得这是阿斯里尔勋爵最喜欢的 |
[13:11] | Good. Now leave me, please. | 很好 退下吧 |
[13:20] | Do it! | 动手吧 |
[13:23] | Now! | 快点 |
[13:35] | Pan. | 潘 |
[13:40] | We don’t know what he put in it. | 我们不知道他往酒里加的是什么 |
[13:41] | If it was innocent, why did he send the Butler away? | 如果不是做坏事 他为什么要让男仆离开 |
[13:44] | The Master’s a good man. | 院长是个好人 |
[13:46] | He’s always been kind to us. | 他一向对我们很好 |
[13:48] | He’s poisoning my Uncle, Pan. | 他要毒害我叔叔 潘 |
[14:11] | The Master ordered it decanted especially for you, my Lord. | 院长特地要我为您倒了酒 大人 |
[14:15] | Ren, I wasn’t expecting to be disturbed! | 雷恩 我不想被打扰 |
[14:18] | There are only three dozen bottles left of the ’38. | 1938年的酒只剩下三十六瓶了 |
[14:22] | All good things pass away. | 好东西都有用尽的一天 |
[14:29] | My Lord. | 告退 |
[14:37] | We should rest. | 我们应该休息一下 |
[14:39] | If this evening goes as expected, | 如果今晚一切顺利的话 |
[14:42] | we won’t sleep for a while. | 我们要有一阵没空睡觉了 |
[15:08] | Lyra? Lyra, what the hell are you doing! | 莱拉 你到底在干什么 |
[15:10] | Let go of me and I’ll tell you. | 放开我 我就告诉你 |
[15:12] | I will break your arm first. | 看我不拧断你的胳膊 |
[15:14] | The wine was poisoned! | 酒被下毒了 |
[15:20] | I saw the Master poison your wine! | 我看到院长给你的酒下毒了 |
[15:23] | You saw him? | 你看到了 |
[15:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:26] | He added white powder and… | 他往酒里加了白色的粉末 |
[15:27] | Pan thinks it’s me being dramatic, but… | 潘觉得我是小题大做 但是 |
[15:30] | You see? I ain’t lying. | 看到了吗 我没撒谎 |
[15:32] | Why would the Master poison you? | 院长为什么要毒害你 |
[15:34] | I thought he was our friend? | 我还以为他是我们的朋友 |
[15:41] | That was clumsy, wasn’t it? Yes. | 真是笨手笨脚 是啊 |
[15:43] | Someone tries to kill you and you just destroy the evidence?! | 有人想杀你 你却毁了物证 |
[15:47] | Keep your voice down! | 小声点 |
[15:48] | Someone probably tries to kill me and, | 可能有人试图杀我 |
[15:50] | yes, I destroy the evidence. | 没错 我毁了物证 |
[15:52] | Surely you should be doing something. | 你总该做点什么 |
[15:54] | I am doing something. | 我正在做 |
[15:56] | I’m wondering why the Master would want to do that to me. | 我在想院长为什么要这样对我 |
[16:00] | I’m sure he had a good reason. | 他一定有充分的理由 |
[16:01] | To be honest with you, if I were him, I’d be afraid of me. | 老实说 如果我是他 我也会害怕我自己 |
[16:04] | I have waited for over a year to see you! | 我等了一年多才见到你 |
[16:08] | For nothing. | 真是白等了 |
[16:11] | You’re infuriating! | 你真让人生气 |
[16:12] | And you’re tenacious. At least you used to be. | 而你很固执 至少你以前是 |
[16:14] | Now, do you want a job? | 你想要一个任务吗 |
[16:15] | – No! – You might find it a little bit cramped in there. | -不想 -你可能会觉得里面有点挤 |
[16:17] | I don’t want a job. | 我不想要任务 |
[16:18] | I want you to spy on the Master. | 我要你监视院长 |
[16:22] | Everything he does. But particularly whenever Dust is mentioned. | 他的一举一动 但尤其是提到尘埃时 |
[16:26] | Do you think you can do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[16:28] | Quickly, someone’s coming. | 快 有人来了 |
[16:29] | Good girl. Come on, quickly now! | 好姑娘 躲起来 快 |
[16:35] | If you make a noise, I will not save you. You’re on your own. | 如果你出声 我不会救你 你只能靠自己 |
[16:38] | – Do you understand? – Yeah. | -明白了吗 -明白 |
[16:45] | Bit of an accident, I’m afraid. | 恐怕出了点意外 |
[16:47] | Such a shame. | 真可惜 |
[16:49] | Only three dozen bottles left, apparently? | 据说只剩三十六瓶了 |
[16:55] | Whatever we discuss this evening will remain private. | 我们今晚讨论的内容不得外传 |
[16:58] | – Hear, hear. – Even from the Magisterium. | -当然 -包括教会当局 |
[17:00] | Jordan College will not become a channel for gossip, | 乔丹学院绝不能成为传播流言 |
[17:04] | rumours and dangerous controversy. | 传闻和危险争议的场所 |
[17:07] | The pursuit of knowledge | 对知识的追求 |
[17:08] | and our academic freedom is too precious to risk. | 和我们的学术自由极其珍贵 不能拿来冒险 |
[17:12] | Hear, hear. | 说得好 |
[17:15] | Lord Asriel. | 阿斯里尔勋爵 |
[17:20] | Thank you, Master. | 谢谢 院长 |
[17:23] | As some of you already know, | 你们中有些人已经知道 |
[17:25] | I set out for the North some 12 month ago | 我约12个月前动身前往北方 |
[17:28] | on a diplomatic mission to the King of Lapland. | 出使拉普兰国王 |
[17:31] | At least, that’s what I was pretending to be doing. | 至少 那是我的托辞 |
[17:33] | In actual fact, my real aim was to go further north still, | 事实上 我真正的目的是去更远的北方 |
[17:36] | right on to the ice, | 穿过冰面 |
[17:37] | to try and discover what had happened to the Grumman expedition. | 去查清格鲁曼远征队遭遇了什么 |
[17:43] | This is the first of the discoveries I made. | 这是我的第一个发现 |
[17:49] | I took this photogram with standard silver nitrate emulsion. | 我用普通的硝酸银感光乳剂拍下了这张照片 |
[17:55] | However, I took two photograms that day – | 但是 我那天拍了两张照片 |
[17:59] | the second one with a specially prepared emulsion. | 第二张是用特制乳剂拍的 |
[18:03] | Where does that light come from? | 那光是哪里来的 |
[18:04] | It isn’t light. | 那不是光 |
[18:06] | It’s Dust. | 而是尘埃 |
[18:07] | What?! Dust?! | 什么 尘埃 |
[18:08] | It can’t be! | 不可能 |
[18:10] | What’s Dust? | 尘埃是什么 |
[18:11] | I need to see what he’s showing them. | 我得看清他给他们看了什么 |
[18:13] | Gentlemen, it is Dust! | 先生们 这是尘埃 |
[18:18] | It registers as light on the plate | 它在底片上看起来是光 |
[18:19] | because particles of Dust | 因为尘埃粒子 |
[18:21] | react with this emulsion in the same way | 和这种乳剂起的反应 |
[18:24] | that photons of light | 与光子 |
[18:25] | react with the standard silver nitrate emulsion. | 和普通硝酸银乳剂起的反应相同 |
[18:27] | As you can see, the figure of the man is now perfectly visible. | 如你们所见 该男人的身形清晰可见 |
[18:30] | But I’d like you to turn your attention to the child. | 但请大家注意这个孩子 |
[18:32] | We can’t see the child clearly | 我们无法清楚看到这孩子 |
[18:34] | because the child does not attract Dust, | 因为他不吸引尘埃 |
[18:36] | which, given the nature of Dust, | 鉴于尘埃的性质 |
[18:38] | is precisely the point, is it not? | 这恰恰是重点所在 不是吗 |
[18:42] | We, as adults, are surrounded by Dust. | 我们成年人被尘埃所围绕 |
[18:45] | In fact, we’re almost consumed by it. | 事实上 我们几乎被尘埃吞噬 |
[18:48] | But children, | 但儿童 |
[18:49] | it seems, are not. | 似乎并没有 |
[18:52] | Gentleman, I believe this is proof | 先生们 我相信这证明了 |
[18:54] | that Dust is exclusively attracted to adults. | 尘埃仅受成年人吸引 |
[18:58] | Just as the Magisterium has always suspected. | 正如教会当局一直猜想的 |
[19:01] | My next discovery, however, | 然而 我下一个发现 |
[19:03] | may be considered even more heretical. | 可能更会被视为异端 |
[19:06] | Asriel! Be very careful! | 阿斯里尔 你小心说话 |
[19:08] | That’s only where it begins to get exciting, Master. | 好戏才开始呢 院长 |
[19:10] | In one of his last messages to the Academy in Berlin, | 在他向柏林的科学院发的最后的消息中 |
[19:14] | Grumman made reference to a certain natural phenomenon | 格鲁曼提到了一种只在北方 |
[19:17] | only seen in the lands of the North. | 才能看到的自然现象 |
[19:19] | I believe this is what he was referring to. | 我想他指的就是这个 |
[19:21] | I took this photogram a few days ago. | 几天前我拍了这张照片 |
[19:23] | The Aurora, the Northern Lights. | 极光 北极光 |
[19:25] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[19:27] | When seen with the ordinary emulsion. | 这是用普通感光乳剂拍的 |
[19:29] | But I’d like you to look at it again using mine. | 但我想请大家再看看特制乳剂拍的照片 |
[19:35] | A city in the sky. | 天空之城 |
[19:41] | Pan, it’s beautiful. | 潘 那太美了 |
[19:42] | A myriad of worlds, | 无数的世界 |
[19:44] | of which the Magisterium controls only one. | 教会当局只掌控其中一个 |
[19:47] | A myriad of worlds | 无数的世界 |
[19:48] | made visible only through | 只有通过 |
[19:49] | that most distasteful of substances – Dust! | 最讨厌的物质 尘埃才能看得到 |
[19:53] | Clear the room! None of us can hear this! | 都给我出去 我们不能听这些 |
[19:56] | I’m afraid you have to hear this, Master. | 我恐怕你必须听 院长 |
[19:58] | These are heretical discussions! | 这是异端话题 |
[19:59] | Necessary discussions. | 有必要讨论 |
[20:01] | I believe Grumman found evidence of these multiple worlds | 我认为格鲁曼找到了这些多重世界存在的证据 |
[20:04] | and he paid for it with his life! | 并且因此而丧命 |
[20:06] | His life? | 丧命 |
[20:07] | I found his body preserved in the ice off Svalbard. | 我在斯瓦尔巴特群岛的冰层里发现了他的尸体 |
[20:10] | I brought back his head as befits a scholar of this college! | 我把他的头带了回来 因为他是本学院的院士 |
[20:13] | I believe you knew him best, Sub-Rector? | 我想你最了解他吧 副院长 |
[20:15] | My eyes are not very clear and the ice is dirty, | 我眼睛看不太清 冰块也很污浊 |
[20:18] | but it could be Grumman. | 但有可能是格鲁曼 |
[20:20] | Who would have done this? | 谁会干这种事 |
[20:21] | It’s most likely the magisterium trying to mask their tracks, | 很可能是教会当局想掩盖他们的踪迹 |
[20:25] | to keep us safely innocent, | 好让我们因无知而安全 |
[20:26] | or as the Master would have it, | 或者如院长所说 |
[20:28] | academically free. | 保持学术自由 |
[20:30] | Gentlemen, there is a war raging right now | 先生们 现在正在进行一场战争 |
[20:32] | between those trying to keep us in ignorance | 一方是那些试图蒙蔽我们的人 |
[20:34] | and those, like Grumman, willing to fight for the light, | 另一方则是格鲁曼这样的人 愿为光明而战 |
[20:37] | to fight for true academic freedom. | 为真正的学术自由而战 |
[20:40] | Gentlemen, he was a member of this college, | 先生们 他曾是本学院的一员 |
[20:43] | his work was profoundly important | 他的工作极其重要 |
[20:45] | and I need funding to continue it. | 我需要资金继续这项工作 |
[20:47] | Who will stand against me? | 谁会反对我 |
[21:07] | *Rejoice for your path is secure* | *庆幸你的前路安全* |
[21:13] | *For all the journeys to be endured* | *所有需要承受的旅程* |
[21:20] | *Rejoice for your path is decided* | *庆幸你的前路已定* |
[21:25] | *You and daemon Back to the flame, undivided.* | *你与精灵回到火焰中 不可分割* |
[21:49] | We are here… to give thanks and tribute. | 我们在此表示感谢与敬意 |
[21:53] | My son’s daemon… | 我儿子的精灵 |
[21:55] | Has settled as a hawk. | 已固定为鹰 |
[22:03] | Lyuba – soul, companion and protector of my son… | 莱尤巴 我儿子的灵魂 同伴以及保护者 |
[22:09] | I welcome you in your settled form to my family, | 我欢迎固定原形的你成为我的家人 |
[22:14] | my boys and my trust. | 加入我的儿子们 获得我的信任 |
[22:19] | This ring confirms the settling of your daemon | 这枚戒指标志了你精灵的固定 |
[22:22] | and your transition from child to man. | 以及你从孩子到大人的转变 |
[22:35] | Who here will help guide Lyuba and Tony? | 这里有谁愿意指引莱尤巴和托尼 |
[22:39] | Sura and I will. | 我和苏拉愿意 |
[22:42] | Thank you, Benjamin De Ruyter! | 谢谢你 本杰明·德·鲁特 |
[22:51] | As symbolised by the ring, | 这枚戒指是象征 |
[22:54] | forged from the silver that all you families donated… | 它由各个家庭捐赠的银子铸成 |
[22:58] | Pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[22:58] | – Happy to. – Yes. | -乐意帮忙 -没错 |
[23:00] | We ask that you uphold the Gyptian ways. | 我们要求你坚守吉普赛人的传统 |
[23:05] | Others may see us as outcasts | 其他人可能视我们为流浪者 |
[23:08] | but we are one unified family, | 但我们是一个团结的大家庭 |
[23:11] | and so we ask you and Lyuba to protect | 因此 我们要求你和莱尤巴保护 |
[23:16] | and fight for the freedoms of all, | 所有人的自由 并为之而战 |
[23:18] | no matter what may stand in our path. | 不管遇到何种阻碍 |
[23:23] | Do you both…accept our ways? | 你们接受我们的传统吗 |
[23:28] | We do. | 接受 |
[23:30] | Yeah, we do, we do. | 接受 我们接受 |
[23:49] | Oh, I’m losing my little boy. | 我要失去我的小宝贝了 |
[23:51] | Ma, don’t say that. | 玛 别这么说 |
[23:53] | Oh, both my little boys. | 两个儿子都是呢 |
[23:54] | He’s been following me and pestering me all day and night, | 仪式前 他整日整夜地跟着我 |
[23:57] | before the ceremony. | 缠着我 |
[23:59] | You became a man tonight. | 你今晚就是个男人了 |
[24:01] | Well done, Tony. | 好样的 托尼 |
[24:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:04] | He stayed a boy. | 他仍是个孩子 |
[24:08] | He wants to know you’re still his big brother. | 他想知道你仍是他的哥哥 |
[24:10] | Of course I’m still his big brother. | 我当然还是他的哥哥了 |
[24:14] | Go on, go. | 去吧 |
[24:16] | Catch Billy and…and tell him. | 找到比利 告诉他 |
[24:34] | Ratter, what is it? | 拉特 怎么了 |
[24:47] | Ratter, no! | 拉特 不 |
[24:54] | Have you seen Billy? | 见着比利了吗 |
[25:01] | Billy, where are you? | 比利 你在哪 |
[25:04] | Billy, are you out here? | 比利 你在这吗 |
[25:06] | Get off. | 放开我 |
[25:11] | Help! | 救命 |
[25:12] | Help! | 救命 |
[25:32] | The girl. | 那孩子 |
[25:34] | What? | 什么 |
[25:35] | Oh, yes. | 对了 |
[26:31] | 莱拉 有人告诉我 你偷了一艘吉普赛船 且不说你的顽固 如果你把跟科斯塔家孩子 作对的热忱 用在跟查理学习上 会对你更好 \h\h\h\h祝好 阿斯里尔 | |
[26:46] | Did they vote to give you the money? | 他们投票资助你了吗 |
[26:50] | Now you wake up! | 现在你醒了 |
[26:54] | Yes, they did. | 是的 |
[26:55] | What’s Dust? | 什么是尘埃 |
[26:57] | It’s nothing to do with you. | 跟你没关系 |
[26:59] | It is to do with me. | 跟我有关系 |
[27:01] | You told me to spy for you. | 是你要我帮你监视院长的 |
[27:03] | Now you have to tell me what I was spying about. | 现在你得告诉我 我为什么要监视 |
[27:05] | Lyra, there are things that… | 莱拉 这世上有些东西 |
[27:11] | There are such things… | 有些东西… |
[27:16] | ..That you’re better off not understanding just yet. | 你最好现在先别懂 |
[27:23] | Can I see the man’s head? | 我能看看那个人的头吗 |
[27:25] | No! | 不行 |
[27:27] | Why would I let you do that? | 我为什么要给你看那个 |
[27:35] | The Master – can we still trust him? | 院长 我们还能信任他吗 |
[27:39] | I don’t trust anyone. | 我谁都不信任 |
[27:41] | Go to sleep, Lyra. | 睡觉吧 莱拉 |
[27:46] | Take me North with you. | 带我去北方吧 |
[27:49] | Goodnight, Lyra. | 晚安 莱拉 |
[27:56] | I have no idea how but he knew. | 我不知道他怎么知道的 但他知道了 |
[27:59] | He spilt the decanter himself. | 是他自己打翻了酒瓶 |
[28:01] | Forgive me, Master, but I can’t help being relieved. | 原谅我 院长 但我倒觉得如释重负 |
[28:04] | I was never happy about the idea. | 我本就不看好这个主意 |
[28:07] | Of murder. | 杀人 |
[28:10] | Hardly anyone would be happy with that idea, Charles. | 几乎没人会喜欢这种事 查尔斯 |
[28:14] | But the balance of Jordan College was at stake. | 但这事关乔丹学院的稳定 |
[28:17] | There is a great change coming that will threaten us all. | 巨大的改变即将到来 会威胁我们所有人 |
[28:20] | And the alethiometer warns of appalling consequences | 而且真理仪警告说 如果阿斯里尔 |
[28:23] | should Asriel continue his research. | 继续他的研究 会带来严重的后果 |
[28:26] | Apart from anything else, the child will be drawn in… | 撇去其他不说 那个孩子会被卷入其中 |
[28:29] | This is about Lyra? | 这与莱拉有关 |
[28:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[28:31] | She has a part to play in all this, and a major one. | 她在这其中占一席之地 且举足轻重 |
[28:39] | The irony is she has to do it all without realising what she’s doing. | 讽刺的是 她得在不知情的情况下做到这一切 |
[28:42] | But she’s just an innocent girl! | 但她只是个单纯的孩子 |
[28:43] | And she needs to stay one… | 而且她需要保持如此 |
[28:46] | ..Which has meant protecting her, | 所以我们才要保护她 |
[28:48] | making sure the college was unimpeachable. | 确保学院无可指摘 |
[28:50] | But there’s little chance that Asriel’s heresy | 但阿斯里尔的异端邪说 |
[28:53] | will not get back to the Magisterium. | 肯定会传到教会当局 |
[28:55] | You’re saying, | 你是说 |
[28:57] | we have to let her go? | 我们得让她走 |
[28:58] | The alethiometer says that Lyra has to make a journey. | 真理仪说莱拉必须踏上旅程 |
[29:03] | What kind of journey? | 怎样的旅程 |
[29:05] | One which, I’m afraid, includes a great betrayal. | 一场必将包括重大背叛的旅程 |
[29:09] | Well, who’s going to betray her? Asriel? | 谁会背叛她 阿斯里尔吗 |
[29:12] | That’s the saddest thing – | 这就是最悲哀的 |
[29:14] | she will be the betrayer. | 她是那个背叛者 |
[29:17] | And the experience will be terrible. | 这将是可怕的经历 |
[29:21] | We can keep her here. | 我们可以让她留下 |
[29:23] | We must! | 我们必须如此 |
[29:24] | I know you care for her, | 我知道你在乎她 |
[29:26] | and you’ve truly taught her as well as you could, Charles, | 并且也尽力教导她了 查尔斯 |
[29:29] | but all we can be is scared for her. | 但我们只能为她担忧 |
[29:34] | And scared of her. | 也惧怕她 |
[29:43] | Come on, hurry up. | 来吧 快点 |
[30:00] | Great, you’re here! I’m starving. | 太好了 你来了 我饿坏了 |
[30:02] | I brought you an extra sausage. | 我给你多拿了一根香肠 |
[30:04] | You mean you got an extra for yourself. | 你是说给自己拿的吧 |
[30:07] | This may be true. | 可能是吧 |
[30:14] | I missed dinner last night. | 我昨晚没吃晚饭 |
[30:16] | I noticed. Where were you? | 我发现了 你去哪了 |
[30:18] | In a cupboard. | 在橱柜里 |
[30:20] | The whole night? | 一整晚吗 |
[30:21] | Most of it. | 大半个晚上吧 |
[30:23] | It’s… | 这个… |
[30:24] | ..Complicated. | 一言难尽 |
[30:27] | Have you ever heard about Dust? | 你听说过尘埃吗 |
[30:28] | Dust? | 尘埃 |
[30:30] | I’m guessing you don’t mean the stuff we polish off? | 你说的不是我们打扫卫生时掸去的东西吧 |
[30:35] | Where should I start? | 我该怎么说呢 |
[30:36] | Are you all right, Lyra? | 你还好吗 莱拉 |
[30:38] | Just thinking aloud. | 只是在思考 |
[30:40] | Well, | 好吧 |
[30:41] | there’s two things you need to know. | 有两件事你得知道 |
[30:42] | A Gyptian boy, | 一个吉普赛男孩 |
[30:44] | Billy Costa, is missing. | 比利·科斯塔失踪了 |
[30:47] | Billy Costa? | 比利·科斯塔 |
[30:49] | I remember him – Tony’s brother? | 我记得他 托尼的弟弟 |
[30:50] | Some people are saying there’s a man with bright eyes, | 有人说他被亮眼睛的男人带走了 |
[30:54] | others say it’s a singing man with a fox daemon. | 也有人说是个狐狸精灵的歌唱男人带走的 |
[30:57] | It’s got to be the Gobblers. | 肯定是饕餮 |
[31:01] | The Gobblers? | 饕餮 |
[31:02] | I’ve told you, the Gobblers are a myth, Roger, they don’t exist! | 我说了 饕餮只是传说 罗杰 它们不存在 |
[31:06] | The Gyptians will find Billy. | 吉卜赛人会找到比利的 |
[31:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[31:10] | But don’t blame me when I get to say I told you so. | 等我说”早说了吧”时 你可别怪我 |
[31:15] | Second thing – | 第二件事 |
[31:16] | your uncle’s packing up an airship to leave. | 你叔叔正在收拾飞艇准备离开 |
[31:19] | Not without me he isn’t! | 他可别想丢下我 |
[31:22] | Lyra! | 莱拉 |
[31:30] | Uncle! | 叔叔 |
[31:34] | Uncle! | 叔叔 |
[31:36] | What?! | 什么 |
[31:37] | What are you doing here? I’m busy! | 你怎么来了 我很忙 |
[31:39] | You’re not leaving! | 你不能走 |
[31:41] | I can’t stay! | 我不能留下 |
[31:42] | The Magisterium will be on to me by now. | 教会当局肯定已经得到我的消息了 |
[31:44] | Besides, I got what I came for. | 再说 我已经达到了目的 |
[31:47] | Be a good girl, try and learn something, | 乖乖的 好好学习 |
[31:48] | and I’ll see you on the way back. | 回来的时候我会来看你 |
[31:50] | Please, Uncle, you’ve only just arrived, we’ve hardly talked! | 求你 叔叔 你才刚到 我们都没说上话 |
[31:54] | We need to go. | 我们得走了 |
[31:56] | Please, Uncle! | 拜托 叔叔 |
[31:58] | Lines up! | 准备起航 |
[31:59] | I am sorry, but I just don’t have time for you right now. | 抱歉 我现在真的没时间陪你 |
[32:04] | I… | 我 |
[32:06] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[32:09] | Take me North! You promised you would! | 带我去北方 你答应过的 |
[32:12] | Take me with you, we’d have lots of time then! | 带上我 你就有时间陪我了 |
[32:15] | The North is no place for a child. | 北方不适合孩子去 |
[32:20] | Did it look like this? | 就像这架吗 |
[32:22] | What? | 什么 |
[32:23] | The airship that my parents died in? | 我父母坠毁身亡的那架飞艇 |
[32:28] | No. | 不 |
[32:31] | No, it was smaller. | 不 比这小些 |
[32:42] | She’s better than you think she is. | 她比你想得要好 |
[32:45] | She’s special. | 她很特别的 |
[32:48] | Everyone’s special! | 每个人都很特别 |
[33:36] | So, where? | 都是哪里 |
[33:39] | We’ve searched here and here. | 我们搜索了这里和这里 |
[33:42] | Nothing. | 毫无发现 |
[33:42] | We covered all the abandoned wood. There was nothing… | 我们搜索了无人森林 也没有发现… |
[33:59] | Lord Faa. | 法阿国王 |
[34:00] | Where is Ma Costa? | 玛·科斯塔呢 |
[34:02] | We told her to wait on her boat in case Billy returns there. | 我们让她待在船上 以防比利回去 |
[34:04] | And the rest of our people? | 我们剩下的人呢 |
[34:07] | State Police have shown no interest. | 警方完全不管 |
[34:09] | No surprises there. | 太正常了 |
[34:11] | So we’re organising teams of our own. | 所以我们在自己组建搜索队 |
[34:13] | We’ve got a group that went North | 我们有一队人向北搜索 |
[34:14] | from Magdalen Bridge up the Cherwell. | 从玛格达琳桥一直到彻维尔 |
[34:16] | Nothing. | 没有发现 |
[34:17] | We divided Jericho, we staked out the Airship Station. | 我们在杰里科到处找 飞艇站也有人盯 |
[34:20] | John, | 约翰 |
[34:22] | the Gobblers will have got him out of Oxford by now. | 饕餮现在肯定已带他离开了牛津 |
[34:25] | You think it’s the Gobblers? | 你认为是饕餮干的 |
[34:27] | The Gobblers haven’t took my brother. | 不是饕餮抓走了我弟弟 |
[34:29] | That’s just a children’s story. | 那只是骗小孩的 |
[34:31] | No. | 不 |
[34:33] | The Gobblers are real. | 饕餮真的存在 |
[34:36] | John Faa and I have visited six different Gyptian communities, | 约翰·法阿和我拜访了六个不同的吉卜赛群落 |
[34:39] | all having children taken, all the same way. | 他们都有孩子以一样的方式被掳走 |
[34:44] | Yeah, but why? What can they want with them? | 但为什么 他们抓孩子做什么 |
[34:47] | That we don’t know. | 那个我们不知道 |
[34:48] | We don’t know what they do, | 我们还不知道他们做什么 |
[34:50] | but we will find out. | 但我们会查明的 |
[34:52] | We have word they are taking the children to London. | 我们听说他们把孩子们带去了伦敦 |
[34:55] | Maybe it’s the best way to hide them? | 或许这样最方便藏他们 |
[34:57] | But we must go and try! | 但我们得去找找看 |
[35:00] | Wait, leave here? | 等等 离开这里 |
[35:02] | No, no, Ma would never agree to that! | 不 玛绝不会答应的 |
[35:05] | Billy’s lost, he’s not been taken. | 比利走丢了 不是被抓了 |
[35:07] | Continue the search. | 继续搜寻 |
[35:09] | Cover as much of this area as we can today. | 今天尽量在本地多找些地方 |
[35:11] | And if we do not find him here, | 如果在这里找不到他 |
[35:13] | we’ll go to London and find him there. | 我们就去伦敦找他 |
[35:23] | Where are you, Billy? | 你在哪 比利 |
[35:26] | Well, if he won’t take us, | 如果他不肯带我们去 |
[35:28] | I’ll find another way to go North. | 我就另想办法去北方 |
[35:30] | You are aware that I work here right? | 你知道我在这里工作吧 |
[35:33] | And you’re pretty much stuck here because we’re orphans | 你也只能待在这里 因为我们是孤儿 |
[35:37] | and both of us have no money. | 我们都没钱 |
[35:40] | Sometimes you’ve got to have dreams. | 有时 人得有梦想 |
[35:42] | We’re going North, Roger. | 我们要去北方 罗杰 |
[35:44] | I just know we are. | 我知道我们能去 |
[35:46] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[36:14] | He worked them up into a fervour, | 他煽动了他们的热情 |
[36:16] | they were almost riotous by the time he finished. | 到最后 他们几乎安耐不住了 |
[36:18] | We’re sure this information is correct? | 我们确定消息无误吗 |
[36:20] | I had good people inside the room. | 房间里有我的人 |
[36:23] | So Asriel claims he can see Dust now? | 阿斯里尔说他现在能看到尘埃了 |
[36:26] | It’s not what he can see, | 重点不是他能看到什么 |
[36:27] | it’s what he claims to see through it. | 是他说他通过尘埃看到了什么 |
[36:32] | A hidden city. | 一座隐匿城市 |
[36:36] | Other worlds. | 其他世界 |
[36:37] | The Master of Jordan College risks him saying as much? | 乔丹学院的院长敢让他说这种话 |
[36:42] | Scholastic Sanctuary. | 学者圣殿 |
[36:44] | The Master cannot be so naive as to imagine that | 院长不会天真地以为 |
[36:47] | Scholastic Sanctuary protects him from the accusation of heresy. | 学者圣殿能抵挡散布异端邪说的指控吧 |
[36:50] | Asriel clearly got the better of him. | 阿斯里尔显然说服了他 |
[36:52] | They’ve given him an enormous amount of money – | 他们给了他一大笔钱 |
[36:55] | to travel North | 去北方 |
[36:57] | and continue with his work. | 继续他的研究 |
[37:10] | Discover all you can and by all means permitted. | 不惜一切 尽量探明情况 |
[37:14] | This kind of heresy is of the highest priority to the Magisterium. | 这种异端邪说是教会当局最重视的 |
[37:17] | I shall take it to the Cardinal. | 我会向主教报告的 |
[37:20] | Yes, Father. | 是 神父 |
[37:20] | I need to know where he’s going and what exactly… | 我需要知道他要去哪 以及他具体 |
[37:23] | ..He intends to achieve. | 想实现什么 |
[37:26] | I will do all that I can. | 我会尽力的 |
[37:30] | Oh, Boreal. | 博雷尔 |
[37:31] | Yes, Father? | 是 神父 |
[37:34] | Not a word to any of our mutual friends. | 别向我们那些共同的朋友透露此事 |
[37:39] | That includes her. | 包括她 |
[38:02] | Benedic, Domine. | 上帝保佑 |
[38:04] | Nos et dona tua. | 承蒙恩赐 |
[38:07] | Quae de largitate. | 感谢您赐予的 |
[38:09] | Tua sumus sumpturi. | 慷慨馈赠 |
[38:11] | Et concede, ut illis salubriter. | 吾主基督 |
[38:16] | Nutriti tibi obsequium praestare valeamus. | 赐我们平安健康 |
[38:23] | Per Christum Dominum nostrum. | 滋养我们的身体 |
[38:28] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[38:30] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[38:40] | Good evening, Mrs Coulter. | 晚上好 库尔特夫人 |
[38:41] | Good evening, Master. | 晚上好 院长 |
[38:44] | Lyra, this is Mrs Coulter, she may be of some interest to you. | 莱拉 这是库尔特夫人 你可能会想认识她 |
[38:50] | – Hello. – I am not used to the grandeur of this at all. | -你好 -我真不习惯这么隆重的场合 |
[38:55] | You’ll have to tell me which knife and fork to use. | 你得教我用哪把刀叉了 |
[38:58] | I don’t want to make a fool of myself. | 我可不想出丑 |
[39:03] | Are you a female scholar? | 你是女院士吗 |
[39:05] | You seem surprised. | 你似乎很意外 |
[39:07] | Well, female scholars don’t dress like you. | 女院士不会穿成你这样 |
[39:12] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 我就当这是赞扬了 |
[39:16] | No, I’m not really a scholar, | 不 我不是个院士 |
[39:18] | I’m a member of St Sophia’s College. | 我是圣索菲娅学院的 |
[39:20] | Most of my work takes place outside Oxford. | 但我的工作大多在牛津之外 |
[39:23] | Hi, Lyra. | 莱拉 |
[39:25] | But I’m not interesting. | 但我没意思 |
[39:27] | You are. | 你才有意思 |
[39:29] | Tell me about yourself, Lyra. | 跟我说说你吧 莱拉 |
[39:31] | Oh, well, nothing to say, really! | 没什么可说的 |
[39:33] | So, reports you use the rooftops as your private thoroughfare | 我听人说你把屋顶当做你个人的大道 |
[39:36] | are completely false, are they? | 这不是真的吗 |
[39:41] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[39:43] | You are quite something, aren’t you? | 你好厉害啊 |
[39:46] | I’m surprised Asriel doesn’t talk about you more. | 阿斯里尔怎么不常提起你 |
[39:49] | You know my uncle? | 你认识我叔叔 |
[39:50] | Oh, yeah, we occasionally | 我们偶尔 |
[39:52] | bump into each other at the Arctic Institute. | 会在北极研究所碰到 |
[39:54] | You’re an explorer too?! | 你也是探险家 |
[39:56] | Oh, that’s such a grand word. | 那个词好大 |
[39:59] | But, yes, I suppose I am. | 不过 我大概是吧 |
[40:01] | Have you…? Have you ever seen an armoured bear? Or Tartars?! | 你…你见过披甲熊吗 或是鞑靼人 |
[40:05] | Well, I’ve negotiated with bears. | 我还跟披甲熊谈过判呢 |
[40:07] | It’s much more tiresome than it sounds. | 其实比听上去要无聊得多 |
[40:09] | I’ve fought Tartars and that can actually be quite fun. | 我跟鞑靼人打过仗 那个倒挺好玩 |
[40:12] | But does this really interest you? | 但你真对这个感兴趣吗 |
[40:14] | I am capable of being quite boring sometimes. | 我有时会很无聊 |
[40:16] | No, no, no, no. Where the North is concerned, | 完全不 如果是关于北方的事 |
[40:18] | you could never bore me. | 我绝不会感到无聊 |
[40:20] | Well, my favourite moment is early morning, | 我最喜欢的时刻 是清晨 |
[40:24] | when the sky is high and the land seems endless. | 天空格外远 而陆地一望无际 |
[40:29] | All that’s in front of you is fresh unbroken snow. | 你面前只有新鲜的 没人踏过的雪 |
[40:33] | You feel utterly alone… | 你会感到特别孤独 |
[40:37] | ..and you feel utterly magnificent. | 但又会觉得无与伦比 |
[40:42] | I want to feel like that. | 我也想有那样的感觉 |
[40:47] | Take a seat, Lyra. | 坐吧 莱拉 |
[40:53] | Lyra, do you know why I’m here? | 莱拉 你知道我为什么来这里吗 |
[40:55] | The Master has asked if I can find a place for you | 院长问我能否收留你 |
[40:59] | and, naturally, I wanted to meet you first. | 当然了 我想先见见你 |
[41:03] | And now that I’ve met you, I like you, | 现在我见到了你 我很喜欢你 |
[41:05] | and I want to offer you a position as my assistant. | 我想请你做我的助理 |
[41:10] | Now, you’ll need to learn fast and I won’t take any slacking. | 你可得抓紧学习 我不会允许偷懒 |
[41:14] | But I think with your enthusiasm | 但我觉得凭你的热情 |
[41:17] | and my know-how we could make quite the team. | 和我的知识 我们能成为好团队 |
[41:20] | We’d go to the North? | 我们去北方吗 |
[41:21] | Well, we’ll go to London first. | 我们得先去伦敦 |
[41:23] | And you’d have to be prepared to leave tomorrow. | 而且 你得准备明天就走 |
[41:27] | I have an airship booked for the both of us. | 我为我们俩安排了一架飞艇 |
[41:32] | My friend Roger – can he come too? | 我的朋友罗杰 他也能来吗 |
[41:34] | He’s not much of an explorer, but he can cook and clean and… | 他算不上是个探险家 但他会做饭 打扫 |
[41:38] | The boy in the dining hall? | 餐厅的那个男孩吗 |
[41:40] | But I have all the household staff that I need, Lyra… | 但我家里不缺佣人了 莱拉 |
[41:42] | He won’t let you down. I need him. | 他不会让你失望的 我需要他 |
[41:45] | He’s my best friend, my only friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 我唯一的朋友 |
[41:49] | Please. He’s an orphan like me | 求你了 他跟我一样是孤儿 |
[41:50] | and leaving Jordan College would be the most exciting thing for us. | 离开乔丹学院对我们会是最兴奋的事 |
[41:54] | Fine. He can come. | 好吧 他可以来 |
[42:08] | Lyra, stop and think before you tell him. | 莱拉 你告诉他前先想好 |
[42:10] | There is a chance he may not want to go. | 他可能不想去呢 |
[42:13] | Jordan College is all he knows. | 他就只见识过乔丹学院 |
[42:14] | It’s all I know too! | 我也是 |
[42:15] | But we were always going to leave Jordan College, Pan. | 但我们本就终归要离开乔丹学院的 潘 |
[42:18] | – Roger isn’t like you. – We’ll explain it to him tomorrow. | -罗杰不像你 -我们明天再跟他解释 |
[42:21] | Even he’ll know he can’t miss this chance. | 他也会知道机不可失的 |
[42:24] | We can’t. | 反正我们不能 |
[43:03] | Ma! | 玛 |
[43:11] | My Billy… | 我的比利 |
[43:13] | My Billy. | 我的比利 |
[43:14] | Ma, it’s all right. | 玛 没事了 |
[43:18] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[43:27] | Is it safe to…? May I…? | 我可以…我能… |
[43:31] | Librarian? | 图书馆长 |
[43:33] | Who were you expecting at this hour? | 你以为这时会是谁 |
[43:35] | Roger with my breakfast. | 罗杰给我端早餐来 |
[43:37] | What…? What are you doing here? | 怎么…你来做什么 |
[43:39] | You’re needed. | 有人找你 |
[43:41] | Rather urgently, as it happens. | 而且是急事 |
[43:43] | Well, quickly, Lyra, get dressed. | 快 莱拉 穿好衣服 |
[43:48] | Ah, good girl, come quickly. | 乖孩子 快来 |
[43:50] | We haven’t long. | 我们没多少时间了 |
[43:52] | I’m leaving Jordan to live with Mrs Coulter and Roger and no-one… | 我和罗杰要跟库尔特夫人离开乔丹学院 别想… |
[43:54] | And no-one is stopping you. | 没人想阻止你 |
[43:57] | You know about that? | 你知道那事了 |
[43:58] | Mrs Coulter has spoken to me, yes. | 库尔特夫人跟我说过了 |
[44:01] | I arranged it all myself. | 是我亲自安排的 |
[44:03] | The part of your life that belongs to Jordan College | 你属于乔丹学院的人生 |
[44:05] | is coming to an end. Now, please sit. | 已经结束了 请坐吧 |
[44:11] | So, why am I here then? | 那叫我来干什么 |
[44:13] | Lyra, I promised once to do everything I could | 莱拉 我曾承诺会尽可能 |
[44:16] | to protect you from anyone who might do you harm. | 保护你 让你不受伤害 |
[44:19] | Protect me? | 保护我 |
[44:20] | From what? | 谁会伤害我 |
[44:23] | And the older you’ve got, | 你越长大 |
[44:25] | the more I’ve felt the importance of that promise. | 我越感到了这份承诺的重要性 |
[44:28] | Who did you promise? | 你向谁承诺的 |
[44:31] | I think Mrs Coulter will do her best by you, | 我觉得库尔特夫人会尽她最大努力照顾你 |
[44:36] | but I can’t be sure. | 但我不能确定 |
[44:38] | So I’m going to give you something. | 所以我要给你样东西 |
[44:41] | And I need you to promise that you will keep it private. | 你得向我保证 你不会把它给人看 |
[44:50] | This matters, Lyra. | 这很重要 莱拉 |
[44:52] | We need your word. | 我们需要你保证 |
[45:00] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[45:04] | It’s an alethiometer. | 是真理仪 |
[45:06] | One of only six that were ever made. | 一共只做了六个 |
[45:11] | It’s beautiful. | 好漂亮 |
[45:13] | Lord Asriel himself brought it to this college, | 这台正是阿斯里尔勋爵带来学院的 |
[45:17] | when you were just a baby. | 你当时还是个婴儿 |
[45:24] | It’s extraordinary. | 它非常不可思议 |
[45:26] | What does it do? | 它能做什么 |
[45:28] | It tells you the truth. | 能告诉你真相 |
[45:31] | – How? – That, Pan and you will have to learn by yourselves. | -怎么告诉 -那个得你和潘自己探索了 |
[45:36] | But please know that it is illegal | 但你要知道 这是违法的 |
[45:38] | unless approved by the Magisterium. | 除非有教会当局的批准 |
[45:41] | So secrecy is… | 所以保密… |
[45:42] | No, no, no, I don’t want secrets. | 不不 我不想要秘密 |
[45:44] | It’s my uncle’s. He wouldn’t want me to have it anyway. | 这是我叔叔的 反正他也不会希望我拿着的 |
[45:46] | Lyra, look at me! | 莱拉 看着我 |
[45:49] | The powers of this world are very strong. | 这世界上的势力很强大 |
[45:51] | Men and women are moved by tides much fiercer than you can imagine. | 推动男男女女的凶猛暗流远超你的想象 |
[45:54] | This hopefully will provide you with some protection. | 希望这个可以给你带来些保护 |
[46:01] | Go well, Lyra. | 一路顺风 莱拉 |
[46:07] | Goodbye, Lyra. | 再见 莱拉 |
[46:10] | And… | 还有 |
[46:12] | ..keep your own counsel. | 凡事自己拿主意 |
[46:15] | Not a word to anyone, not even Mrs Coulter. | 不要对别人说 包括库尔特夫人 |
[46:21] | We need to tell Roger we’re going to London. | 我们得去告诉罗杰我们要去伦敦 |
[46:34] | I’m looking for Roger. | 我在找罗杰 |
[46:36] | So am I! He didn’t turn up for the breakfast shift! | 我也在找 他早餐没来值班 |
[46:41] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[46:44] | Mrs Woodbridge, have you seen Roger? | 伍德布里奇太太 你看到罗杰了吗 |
[46:45] | No, I haven’t. | 没有 |
[46:47] | Any of you? | 其他人呢 |
[46:53] | – Mr Cousins, have you seen Roger? – No. | -卡曾斯先生 你看见罗杰了吗 -没有 |
[46:55] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[46:59] | Eric, have you seen Roger? | 埃里克 你看见罗杰了吗 |
[47:00] | No. | 没有 |
[47:04] | Roger! | 罗杰 |
[47:12] | This is the last place he’d be! | 他绝不会来这里的 |
[47:14] | There’s nowhere else to look! | 没别的地方可找了 |
[47:16] | Roger! | 罗杰 |
[47:26] | Are you down here? | 你在这下面吗 |
[47:28] | You don’t think the Gobblers have got him, do you? | 他不会是被饕餮抓走了吧 |
[47:59] | Readying the boats? | 在备船吗 |
[48:01] | Are you thinking of leaving, Farder Coram? | 你要走了吗 法德尔·科拉姆 |
[48:02] | My son’s still out there. | 我儿子还不知所踪呢 |
[48:03] | Farder Coram has done nothing. | 不怪法德尔·科拉姆 |
[48:06] | I am halting the search. | 是我叫停了搜索 |
[48:13] | You may be the Western King, but my son is worth more than… | 你虽然是西部国王 但我儿子要比… |
[48:17] | The children call them Gobblers. | 孩子们喊他们饕餮 |
[48:19] | There’s nothing saying he’s with them. | 没什么证据表明他被他们抓去了 |
[48:21] | There’s nothing saying they even exist. | 甚至没有证据表明他们真存在 |
[48:23] | Billy’s a good boy. | 比利是个好孩子 |
[48:25] | He’s strong | 他很坚强 |
[48:27] | because you have been a strong and good mother to him, Maggie. | 因为他有你这样善良坚强的好妈妈 玛姬 |
[48:30] | And if he could, he’d have found his way back to us. | 如果他能 他肯定会想办法回来 |
[48:33] | But he has not. | 但他还没回来 |
[48:35] | He’s just…lost his way | 他只是…迷路了 |
[48:39] | and he needs us to find him. | 他需要我们去找到他 |
[48:40] | They’ve taken 16 of our children so far | 他们已抓走了我们16个孩子 |
[48:42] | and that number keeps growing. | 而且失踪还在继续 |
[48:44] | Searching for him here, when we know he is lost, | 我们知道他被抓走了 还在这里找他 |
[48:46] | is foolishness and you know it! | 这是犯傻 你很清楚 |
[48:48] | We’re going to London, | 我们要去伦敦 |
[48:49] | we will fight those Gobblers | 我们要对抗饕餮 |
[48:51] | and get our children back. | 找回孩子们 |
[49:01] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[49:05] | Good, you’re early. I like early. | 很好 你早到了 这我喜欢 |
[49:10] | My friend Roger, he’s gone missing, I can’t find him anywhere. | 我朋友罗杰 他不见了 我到处都找不到他 |
[49:14] | This isn’t like him. Something’s happened. | 这不像他 他出事了 |
[49:16] | What do you mean? You seem worried, Lyra. Tell me. | 出什么事了 你好像很担心 莱拉 怎么了 |
[49:21] | I know the Gobblers are just children’s stories but… | 我知道饕餮只是骗小孩的故事 但… |
[49:26] | Not here, Lyra. | 别在这里说 莱拉 |
[49:28] | But one of the Gyptian children, Billy Costa, | 但有个吉普赛孩子 比利·科斯塔 |
[49:30] | he’s gone missing, | 他失踪了 |
[49:32] | they say it’s the Gobblers, so… | 他们说是被饕餮抓了 |
[49:35] | With every child’s nightmare there’s an element of truth, Lyra. | 每个孩子的噩梦都有真实的成分 莱拉 |
[49:39] | You’re saying the Gobblers could be real? They could have Roger? | 你是说饕餮可能是真的 他们可能真抓了罗杰 |
[49:44] | He was right? | 他是对的吗 |
[49:45] | It is possible. | 有可能 |
[49:47] | – Then we should call the State Police… – No, no, no, no. | -那我们该报警 -别 |
[49:50] | They’ll be of no use at all. | 他们帮不上我们的 |
[49:52] | The State Police wouldn’t care about a kitchen boy, | 警察不会在乎一个厨房学徒 |
[49:54] | he’ll be miles away by now. | 他现在肯定已被带去很远的地方了 |
[49:57] | Lyra, listen to me. | 莱拉 听我说 |
[50:01] | Do you care for this boy? | 你在乎这个男孩吗 |
[50:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:04] | Does he care for you? | 他也在乎你吗 |
[50:06] | – Yes. – Right. | -是的 -好吧 |
[50:08] | Then we’ll need to take the matter into our own hands. | 那我们只能自己解决此事 |
[50:12] | The Gobblers will have taken him to London. | 饕餮肯定把他带去伦敦了 |
[50:15] | I’ll set down tracks as soon as we arrive. | 我们一到 我就马上开始查 |
[50:17] | The Gobblers are in London? | 饕餮在伦敦吗 |
[50:18] | Yeah, of course they’re in London. | 他们当然在伦敦 |
[50:20] | Oxford’s too small. | 牛津太小了 |
[50:23] | In London, children can just… | 在伦敦 孩子们会突然 |
[50:26] | ..disappear. | 失踪 |
[50:28] | In Oxford, there’s nowhere to hide. | 在牛津 根本无处可躲 |
[50:30] | In London, there’s everywhere. | 伦敦 则随处都可藏身 |
[50:32] | And you’ll help find him? | 你会帮我找到他 |
[50:33] | Lyra, look at me. | 莱拉 看着我 |
[50:35] | I won’t just help, I won’t just try, I’ll succeed. | 我不仅会帮忙 会努力 我肯定能做到 |
[50:43] | Your luggage, Ma’am. | 您的行李 女士 |
[50:44] | Right, I’m on the eight o’clock airship. | 好 我要坐8点的飞艇 |
[50:47] | I expect to see you there. | 你也要来哦 |
[50:49] | For your sake and for Roger’s. | 为了你自己 和罗杰 |
[50:53] | Lyra, the gift the Master gave you. | 莱拉 院长给你的礼物 |
[50:59] | What did he say this did? | 他说这玩意能做什么来着 |
[51:01] | Tell the truth. | 告诉我真相 |
[51:05] | Tell me where Roger is. | 告诉我罗杰在哪 |
[51:12] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[51:14] | Tell me where I can find Roger. | 告诉我在哪能找到罗杰 |
[51:16] | The airship is about to leave. | 飞艇要走了 |
[51:18] | If we’re going, we have to go now. | 如果我们要去 就得走了 |
[51:19] | Tell me if the Gobblers have Roger. | 告诉我饕餮是否抓走了罗杰 |
[51:25] | If the Gobblers have him… | 如果饕餮真抓了他 |
[51:28] | ..she’s our… | 那她就是 |
[51:30] | ..best chance of getting him back. | 我们找回他最好的机会 |
[51:34] | Isn’t she? | 是吧 |
[51:36] | Wait! | 等等 |
[51:58] | Lyra, I am so glad you decided to join me. | 莱拉 我很高兴你决定一起来 |
[52:00] | Here, come, take a seat. | 来 坐吧 |
[52:04] | I think it’s the best decision for both of us. | 我觉得这对我们都是最好的决定 |
[52:09] | So, where do we start looking for Rog? | 那我们从哪开始找罗杰 |
[52:11] | Lyra, airships aren’t safe spaces to talk, sh. | 莱拉 在飞艇上谈话不安全 |
[52:15] | But we need to start thinking about where to… | 但我们得开始考虑去哪… |
[52:16] | We’re together now. | 我们在一起了 |
[52:18] | We’ll have plenty of time to discuss whatever you wish. | 今后有的是时间谈论你想谈的事 |
[52:22] | A bit of quiet now would be best. | 现在最好先别说话 |
[52:47] | The Gyptians. | 吉普赛人 |
[52:49] | They’re leaving too? | 他们也走了 |
[53:11] | Let me out! | 放了我 |