时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | 300 years ago, a guild of philosophers | 三百年前 一个哲学家协会 |
[00:11] | became curious about the bond between the smallest of atoms. | 对最小的原子之间的联系产生了兴趣 |
[00:19] | They forged an instrument, a knife, | 他们锻造了一件工具 一把刀 |
[00:23] | that in the hands of the right person | 在合适的人手中 |
[00:25] | could cut the very fabric that joins worlds. | 它可以切开世界之间的接缝 |
[00:30] | They christened that person The Bearer. | 他们称此人为持刀者 |
[00:35] | And the knife they called The Subtle Knife. | 他们称这把刀为魔法神刀 |
[00:44] | The Guild built a tower in the city of Cittagazze. | 协会在喜鹊城建了一座塔 |
[00:53] | A monument to the knife which they hid within it. | 他们把刀藏在这座纪念塔里 |
[01:00] | They kept its powers secret, but had a choice. | 他们保密了刀的力量 但他们可以抉择 |
[01:05] | Use this knife for the benefit of all existence | 是为世上的一切存在使用这把刀 |
[01:09] | or just for the benefit of their own. | 或是仅为自己的利益 |
[01:14] | They chose badly, stealing trinkets to fatten their own pockets. | 他们做了错误的抉择 靠小偷小摸中饱私囊 |
[01:21] | A strange, evil force crept out from the shadows. | 一种奇怪的邪恶力量从暗处悄然而出 |
[01:27] | Spectres. | 妖怪 |
[01:33] | And then came Asriel’s great tear in the sky. | 然后阿斯里尔撕裂了天空 |
[01:38] | And with it came a mass flood of Spectres. | 大量妖怪随之涌出 |
[01:43] | A pestilence. | 一场瘟疫 |
[01:47] | Those that survived fled. | 幸存者都逃走了 |
[01:55] | The Subtle Knife was born of hope | 魔法神刀是希望的产物 |
[01:59] | but used with greed. | 却被贪婪地使用 |
[02:02] | And yet, | 然而 |
[02:05] | in the right hands, | 在合适的人手中 |
[02:08] | it could still save us all. | 它仍然能拯救我们所有人 |
[03:45] | How do we get up? | 我们要怎么上去 |
[03:49] | Well, we definitely can’t climb up there. | 反正肯定爬不上去 |
[03:55] | Come on, let’s go and take a closer look. | 走吧 我们靠近点看看 |
[03:58] | We must have missed something. | 我们肯定是忽视了什么 |
[04:42] | Lee, we’re low on water. | 李 河要到头了 |
[04:47] | Grumman has to be around here. | 格鲁曼一定就在这附近 |
[04:56] | You know what they say – a dead end is a new beginning. | 俗话说得好 死胡同即是新开端 |
[05:02] | There’s something strange here. Do you feel it too? | 这里有些古怪 你有同感吗 |
[05:05] | Not so much, Hester. | 好像没有 赫斯特 |
[05:07] | I never wanted to see the sky so bad in my entire life! | 我这辈子从没这么渴望过头顶的天空 |
[05:10] | We’ll find him soon. | 我们很快就能找到他 |
[05:13] | – Filthy blood suckers! – Rub some jimson-weed ointment on it! | -肮脏的吸血鬼 -抹点曼陀罗药膏 |
[05:17] | I’m three inches thick in jimson-weed. | 我浑身上下都抹满了曼陀罗 |
[05:22] | I want to get out of this swamp. I want to see the sky. | 我想离开这片沼泽 我想看到天空 |
[05:28] | Lee Scoresby, | 李·斯科尔斯比 |
[05:30] | we thought you’d be more hare than tortoise. | 你怎么不像野兔 反而慢得像乌龟 |
[05:34] | Who is we? Are you a witch’s daemon? | 你是谁 女巫的精灵吗 |
[05:36] | You’ll see soon enough. Now try and keep up! | 你马上就知道了 跟上我 |
[05:42] | I really hope you have what I’m looking for! | 但愿你有我要找的东西 |
[05:51] | Nothing’s straightforward here. | 没有明显的入口 |
[05:54] | Well, if he can get in, so can we. | 既然他能进去 我们也能 |
[06:05] | It’s like the Jordan crypt down here. | 这下面就像乔丹学院的地下室 |
[06:07] | What can you see? | 你能看到什么 |
[06:08] | It looks like someone’s been living here | 似乎有人一直住在这里 |
[06:09] | but I…I can’t see an entrance. | 但我看不到入口 |
[06:14] | Then we have to think wider. | 我们必须扩大范围 |
[06:16] | Maybe there’s something over here? | 也许这边有线索 |
[06:24] | This is where we isolate and observe | 这就是我们隔离并观察 |
[06:26] | Shadow Particles or Dark Matter. | 阴影粒子 或者说暗物质的地方 |
[06:29] | We call it The Cave. | 我们称它为山洞 |
[06:31] | So far, my colleague, Dr Malone, | 到目前为止 我的同事马隆博士 |
[06:32] | has evidence of low level activity, | 已经发现了少量活动的证据 |
[06:34] | but the hope is to record signs of – | 但我们希望能够记录下 |
[06:37] | dare I say it – conscious behaviour. | 我斗胆说 有意识行为的迹象 |
[06:40] | If we succeed, we will have the power to understand | 如果成功了 我们将有能力了解 |
[06:42] | what makes up the very fabric of the known universe. | 已知宇宙的构成基础 |
[06:45] | Maybe multiple universes. | 也许还有多重宇宙 |
[06:47] | Yes, it’s a little incomprehensible at first. | 是的 一开始会觉得不可思议 |
[06:49] | And you only have a few days before they shut you down? | 他们马上就要叫停你们了 是吗 |
[06:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:54] | Although I’m hoping that you might be able to help us with that. | 不过我希望你能够帮助我们 |
[06:58] | On the phone you mentioned “private interest”? | 你在通话中提到了”私人投资” |
[07:02] | Please, do come in. | 请进 |
[07:04] | Mary, another all-nighter? Didn’t you get my text? | 玛丽 你又通宵了吗 你没收到我的信息吗 |
[07:09] | – Sorry, you’re… – Charles Latrom. | -抱歉 你是… -查尔斯·拉特罗姆 |
[07:11] | I take it you’re Dr Malone? | 我猜你就是马隆博士 |
[07:13] | Er, yeah, sorry. | 是的 抱歉 |
[07:15] | No, no, no, don’t you worry. I can see you’ve had a long night. | 没关系 别在意 我能看出你忙了一夜 |
[07:18] | I’ve always admired women with a good work ethic. | 我一向很欣赏敬业的女性 |
[07:25] | Erm, shall we sit down? | 我们坐下聊吧 |
[07:34] | I understand from Dr Payne that | 我听佩恩博士介绍说 |
[07:35] | you’ve been making some fascinating discoveries | 你在阴影物质领域 |
[07:37] | in the field of Shadow Matter. | 有一些惊人的发现 |
[07:40] | I know you haven’t been published, | 我知道你还没发表论文 |
[07:41] | but I’m here because I’m interested in funding your work. | 但我还是来了 我想资助你的研究 |
[07:45] | You’re not serious? | 你不是认真的吧 |
[07:47] | I am very serious. | 我非常认真 |
[07:49] | Sorry, er… | 不好意思 |
[07:51] | What organisation did you say you worked for? | 你说你是哪个机构的来着 |
[07:54] | You’re on the verge of something ground-breaking… | 你即将取得突破性发现 |
[07:58] | something that could take the theory | 这个发现可以让 |
[08:00] | of Dark Matter’s potential consciousness | 暗物质可能具有意识的理论 |
[08:03] | a great deal further, | 前进一大步 |
[08:05] | and even attract defence funding, | 甚至可能吸引到国防经费 |
[08:09] | which, as you may know, is still plentiful | 你大概也知道 那会是一大笔钱 |
[08:13] | and certainly not subject to those | 还不需要经历那些… |
[08:15] | wearisome application processes. | 繁琐的申请流程 |
[08:18] | I think this conversation is over. | 我们的对话到此为止吧 |
[08:22] | Oh, well, I…I think there’s more to discuss. | 这个嘛…我觉得还可以继续商量 |
[08:24] | No, I’d like you to leave, please. | 不 请你们离开 |
[08:39] | I’ll see myself out. | 我自己出去 |
[08:41] | Defence funding?! | 国防经费 |
[08:44] | Seriously, Oliver, what were you thinking? | 认真的吗 奥利弗 你在想什么 |
[08:45] | I know! We haven’t exactly been inundated with offers. | 我知道 但我们的选择不多啊 |
[08:50] | We need to be realistic. | 我们得现实点 |
[08:51] | That money will allow us to continue our work. | 那笔钱能帮助我们继续研究 |
[08:53] | We…we have to stop and think. | 我们得停下来想想 |
[08:57] | If you could see what Lyra did, | 你是没看见莱拉做了什么 |
[08:58] | The Cave was genuinely communicating with her. | 山洞真的在和她交流 |
[09:01] | She’s special, Oliver. | 她很特别 奥利弗 |
[09:03] | Where is she then? You don’t have any evidence, Mary. | 那她在哪里 你没有任何证据 玛丽 |
[09:07] | I’m telling you that what we’re dealing with here is | 相信我 我们在研究的东西 |
[09:10] | powerful beyond our comprehension. | 其威力远超我们的理解 |
[09:13] | We can’t let that fall into the wrong hands. | 我们不能让这种力量落在错误的人手中 |
[09:15] | No, Mary, what we’re dealing with here | 不 玛丽 目前的情况是 |
[09:17] | is the fact that you haven’t slept in weeks. | 你已经几周没睡觉了 |
[09:26] | It’s like a maze down here! | 这下面像个迷宫 |
[09:29] | Maybe we’re looking for a tunnel if it’s underground? | 也许我们要找条地道 既然是在地下 |
[09:32] | Lyra. | 莱拉 |
[09:35] | An angel. | 是天使 |
[09:40] | Will! | 威尔 |
[09:49] | What have you found? | 你发现什么了 |
[09:52] | It’s this door. Look, it matches the angels on the tower. | 这扇门 看 图案和塔上的天使一样 |
[09:56] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[10:20] | Care to tell me where we’re headed? | 能告诉我们这是去哪里吗 |
[10:22] | I hope there’s a bacon sandwich at the other end! | 希望那里有培根三明治 |
[10:53] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:55] | You’re here. | 你来了 |
[10:56] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[10:58] | They call me Jopari. | 大家叫我约帕里 |
[11:00] | But I’ve had a few names in my time. | 但我一生中有多个名字 |
[11:02] | Well, I’m looking for a Doctor Stanislaus Grumman – | 我在找斯坦尼斯劳斯·格鲁曼博士 |
[11:04] | is that one of them? | 那是你的名字之一吗 |
[11:05] | It is, yes. | 是的 |
[11:07] | But call me Jopari for now. | 但眼下叫我约帕里就好 |
[11:10] | Mr Jopari, my name’s Lee Scoresby. | 约帕里先生 我叫李·斯科尔斯比 |
[11:13] | I’m from the country of Texas. | 我是德克萨斯人 |
[11:15] | You’re a long way from home, Mr Scoresby. | 这风把你吹得够远的 斯科尔斯比先生 |
[11:18] | Well, there are strange winds blowing through the world now, sir. | 这世界正刮着奇怪的风 先生 |
[11:22] | Do you like soup? | 你喜欢喝汤吗 |
[11:24] | Maybe a bacon sandwich? | 要不来个培根三明治 |
[11:29] | Mr Jopari, I’ve come here humbly to ask for your help. | 约帕里先生 我谦卑地来请求你帮忙 |
[11:33] | I have reason to believe you’re in possession of an item that | 我相信你手里有个东西 |
[11:36] | confers protection on anyone who holds it… | 会给予持有它的人保护… |
[11:37] | You’re wrong, Mr Scoresby, you didn’t come to me. | 你搞错了 斯科尔斯比先生 不是你来找我 |
[11:40] | I summoned you. | 是我召唤了你 |
[11:42] | Yeah, I beg your pardon. I’ve risked life and limb | 不好意思 我豁出性命 |
[11:44] | and my perfect complexion through swamps and snow to get here. | 还有我完美的肤色穿越沼泽冰雪来到这里 |
[11:48] | – You didn’t summon me! – Here. | -不是你召唤我的 -看 |
[11:56] | This was my mother’s. | 这是我妈妈的 |
[11:58] | It brought you here. | 是它把你召来的 |
[11:59] | I…I haven’t seen this for 20 years. I don’t understand. | 我有20年没见过它了 我不明白 |
[12:03] | You’ve travelled a long way. You must be hungry. | 你走了很远 一定饿了 |
[12:06] | Who the hell do you think you are? | 你以为你是谁啊 |
[12:07] | Sit down, Mr Scoresby, and I’ll tell you. | 坐下 斯科尔斯比先生 我会告诉你的 |
[12:30] | Who do you think owns this place? | 你觉得这地方是谁的 |
[12:34] | They’re a group called The Guild. | 他们是个叫协会的组织 |
[12:38] | Angelica told me about them. | 安吉莉卡和我说过他们 |
[12:44] | Stay close, Pan. | 别跑远了 潘 |
[12:46] | You’re not scared, are you? | 你不会是害怕了吧 |
[12:48] | – Pan! – Ok! | -潘 -知道了 |
[13:00] | – I’ll go first. – No. I’ll go first… | -我走前面 -不 我走前面… |
[13:03] | ..seeing as all this is my fault. | 因为这都是我的错 |
[13:05] | Seeing as it’s your fault, you’ve got to do as I say. | 因为是你的错 所以你得听我的 |
[13:51] | Centuries ago, some pig-headed philosophers invented a tool… | 很多世纪以前 一些顽固的哲学家发明了个工具 |
[13:56] | ..for their own undoing. | 为自己埋下祸根 |
[13:59] | A Subtle Knife, also known as Esahaettr. | 魔法神刀 也被称为伊萨哈特 |
[14:03] | This knife could cut not just flesh, but spirit. | 这把刀不但可以削肉 还能切割灵 |
[14:07] | It could slice between worlds, it could kill immortals. | 它可以划开世界间隙 可以杀死神怪 |
[14:12] | You have this knife, do you? | 刀在你手上吗 |
[14:15] | No. | 不 |
[14:17] | But I want to find the person who does. | 但我想找到持刀者 |
[14:20] | I believe a new bearer of the Subtle Knife | 我相信魔法神刀的新持刀者 |
[14:22] | is soon to take up the mantle. | 很快就要继承它了 |
[14:24] | We need to find them and take them to Lord Asriel. | 我们需要找到那人 带那人去找阿斯里尔勋爵 |
[14:29] | Asriel. | 阿斯里尔 |
[14:31] | You know him? | 你认识他 |
[14:33] | – I don’t like Asriel. – Like him? | -我不喜欢阿斯里尔 -不喜欢他 |
[14:36] | Who does? This is much, much bigger than that. | 谁喜欢他 这比喜不喜欢重要得多 |
[14:40] | Don’t confuse the man with the mission. | 别把那个人和使命混为一谈 |
[14:44] | Mr Scoresby, | 斯科尔斯比先生 |
[14:45] | there are two forces that have always been at war with each other, | 有两方势力一直在交战 |
[14:48] | those who repress, who command, | 一方压迫命令我们 |
[14:51] | who don’t want us to be conscious, enquiring beings, | 不希望我们有意识 有疑问 |
[14:54] | and those who want us to know more, | 而另一方希望我们知道更多 |
[14:56] | to be stronger and wiser, to explore. | 变得更强大和睿智 渴求探索 |
[14:59] | And those two forces are lining up to battle as we speak. | 我们说话这会儿 这两方势力都在备战 |
[15:03] | And if the right side has any chance of success, | 如果正义一方想要取胜 |
[15:06] | Asriel will need the knife. | 阿斯里尔就需要这把刀 |
[15:08] | That may well be, | 或许是如你所言 |
[15:10] | but I come here for one reason | 但我来这儿只有一个原因 |
[15:12] | and that’s a girl named Lyra, | 就是为了那个叫莱拉的女孩 |
[15:14] | not to help her father. | 而不是为了帮她父亲 |
[15:16] | She’s the best person I know and she’s in danger. | 她是我认识的最善良的人 而她现在有危险 |
[15:18] | If you don’t have the knife and you can’t help her, | 如果你刀不在你这儿 你也帮不了她 |
[15:19] | I’ll be on my way. | 我马上就走 |
[15:21] | You love this girl? | 你爱这个女孩吗 |
[15:23] | Yes, more than Asriel. | 是的 胜过爱阿斯里尔 |
[15:26] | He just left her to fend for herself. | 他抛下了她 让她自生自灭 |
[15:28] | Imagine, | 想想看 |
[15:30] | leaving your kid like that. | 抛弃自己的孩子 |
[15:33] | I never had a daughter. I haven’t been that lucky. | 我没有女儿 我没那种福气 |
[15:37] | But if I did, I hope she’d be half | 但如果我有 我希望我女儿 |
[15:39] | as strong and brave and good. | 能有她一半坚强 勇敢和善良 |
[15:47] | I did. | 我就那么做了 |
[15:52] | You did what? | 你做了什么 |
[15:54] | I left my boy. | 我抛下了我的孩子 |
[15:59] | My son. | 我儿子 |
[16:08] | He’s hurt! | 他受伤了 |
[16:11] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[16:13] | My name is Giacomo Paradisi. | 我叫贾科姆·帕拉迪西 |
[16:15] | I am The Bearer. | 我是持刀者 |
[16:16] | – The Bearer? – There’s a boy hiding in this tower. | -持刀者 -有个男孩躲在这塔里 |
[16:19] | He stole the knife from me! | 他把我的刀偷走了 |
[16:20] | Quick, help me with these. | 快点 帮我解开绳子 |
[16:30] | The knife. | 魔法神刀 |
[16:32] | Who are you? Why are you here? What do you want? | 你们是什么人 为什么来这里 想怎么样 |
[16:35] | – Look, we need that knife. – Careful, Lyra. | -我们需要这把刀 -小心 莱拉 |
[16:38] | It’s OK. Just, just calm down. | 没事 冷静下来 |
[16:40] | No, it’s mine! Get out! | 不 刀是我的 出去 |
[16:54] | Will! | 威尔 |
[17:02] | Lyra, help him! | 莱拉 帮帮他 |
[17:45] | I’ve got the knife! | 我看到刀了 |
[17:50] | Don’t touch him! | 别碰他 |
[18:04] | Fight! Fight boy! Fight! | 跟他打 孩子 跟他打 |
[18:21] | You! You get out of here while you still can! | 你 趁还来得及快离开这里 |
[18:37] | Your fingers. | 你的手指 |
[18:43] | Will? | 威尔 |
[18:45] | Will? | 威尔 |
[18:47] | I think he’s waking up. | 我觉得他要醒了 |
[18:50] | You’re back! | 你醒了 |
[18:58] | Where am I? | 我在那里 |
[19:00] | We’re in Giacomo’s quarters. | 我们在贾科姆的住处 |
[19:02] | Drink it all. | 都喝掉 |
[19:06] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[19:07] | Plum brandy. | 李子白兰地 |
[19:09] | It’ll help with the shock. | 能压惊 |
[19:12] | I know neither of you are of this world. | 我知道你们俩都不是这个世界的 |
[19:16] | I have encountered daemons before. | 我以前遇到过精灵 |
[19:19] | We don’t have long. | 我们时间不多了 |
[19:20] | I need you to concentrate now. | 你要听好 |
[19:22] | Concentrate on what? | 听好什么 |
[19:25] | The knife knows when to leave one hand | 神刀知道何时离开一人之手 |
[19:28] | and settle on another. | 握在另一人手中 |
[19:30] | It’s the cleanest cut in all the universes. | 这是全宇宙最干净利落的切口 |
[19:37] | I fought and lost the same fingers. | 我也曾为之战斗 并失去了相同的手指 |
[19:40] | I don’t know who you are, or where you’re from but… | 我不知道你是谁 从哪里来 但是 |
[19:44] | ..Will, | 威尔 |
[19:46] | you are The Bearer of the Subtle Knife. | 你是魔法神刀的持刀者 |
[19:55] | I stepped out of my world many years ago and left them behind. | 多年前 我离开了我的世界 抛下了他们 |
[20:00] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[20:03] | My son. | 我儿子 |
[20:08] | I thought my work was more important. | 我以为我的工作更重要 |
[20:12] | Such a fool. | 太傻了 |
[20:14] | For years I tried to get back to them, | 多年来 我一直试着回到他们身边 |
[20:16] | but the way I came had disappeared. | 但我来时的路消失了 |
[20:19] | Then I became a scholar and a shaman to find a way, | 为了寻找归途 我成为了院士 萨满 |
[20:24] | but it seems my world is closed from me. | 但好像我的世界已经对我关闭了 |
[20:26] | But there were other doorways, other discoveries to be made. | 但还有其他通道 其他发现 |
[20:29] | Imagine my astonishment to learn that | 想想看我得知自己的部分灵魂是女性时 |
[20:32] | part of my nature is female. | 有多惊讶 |
[20:34] | Bird-formed. | 还是只鸟 |
[20:36] | Beautiful. | 它好美 |
[20:39] | So you’ve given up? | 所以你是放弃了吗 |
[20:44] | Not given up. Just made peace with my limitations. | 不是放弃 我只是接受了自己做不到 |
[20:49] | If I want to be a father that’s good, proper now, | 如果我现在想做个好的合格的父亲 |
[20:52] | I need to leave a world behind me for him, | 我需要为他打造一个世界 |
[20:55] | where he’s able to think for himself. | 一个他能独立思考的世界 |
[21:00] | Where he’s free. | 他能自由自在的世界 |
[21:06] | That’s why I need to help Asriel. | 这就是为何我必须帮阿斯里尔 |
[21:09] | You make a very good argument, Mr Jopari. | 你的说得很有道理 约帕里先生 |
[21:14] | How about we make a deal? | 我们做个交易如何 |
[21:17] | You swear to put Lyra under the protection of that Subtle Knife… | 你保证莱拉能受到魔法神刀的庇佑 |
[21:22] | ..I’ll take you wherever you need to go. | 我就带你去任何你想去的地方 |
[21:25] | I swear, by the love you have for your boy. | 我发誓 以你对你儿子的爱起誓 |
[21:30] | I’ll gladly do that. | 乐意效劳 |
[21:32] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[21:35] | Lyra will be under the protection of the knife. | 莱拉会受到魔法神刀的庇佑 |
[21:38] | But you must know, Mr Scoresby, | 但你得知道 斯科尔斯比先生 |
[21:41] | The Bearer of the knife will have their own task | 持刀者将有自己的使命 |
[21:44] | and that could put Lyra in even greater danger. | 而这有可能会置莱拉于更大的危险中 |
[21:48] | I can only be guided to them. | 我只能找到持刀者 |
[21:51] | I cannot speak for The Bearer’s character. | 但我无法保证那人的为人 |
[22:03] | There are two sides to the Subtle Knife. | 魔法神刀有两面 |
[22:08] | This edge will cut through any material in the world. | 这一面能切开世间的任何物质 |
[22:11] | It will even ward off and kill Spectres. | 它甚至能抵御并杀死妖怪 |
[22:15] | I’ve seen that colour before. | 我之前见过这种颜色 |
[22:17] | It looks like the one at Bolvangar. | 跟伯尔凡加的那把刀很像 |
[22:20] | Like the blade that tried to cut me and Pan apart! | 要把我和潘切开的刀 |
[22:23] | The other edge is more subtle still. | 另一面要更为精致 |
[22:26] | With it, you can cut an opening out of this world altogether. | 用这一面 你能把这个世界切开一道口 |
[22:33] | This is a great burden for one so young, | 对于你这么年轻的孩子 这是个沉重负担 |
[22:35] | but the knife, the Esahaettr, has chosen you. | 但这把刀 伊萨哈特 选择了你 |
[22:48] | Now, it’s not only the knife that has to cut, | 进行切割的不仅是这把刀本身 |
[22:53] | it’s your own mind. | 还有你的意志 |
[22:54] | So put your mind at the very tip of the knife. | 将你的意志注入刀尖 |
[22:59] | Concentrate, boy. | 集中精神 孩子 |
[23:02] | You’re looking for a small gap. | 你要寻找一条小缝隙 |
[23:06] | It’s almost invisible, | 它几乎不可见 |
[23:07] | but the knife tip will find it if you put your mind there. | 但只要你将意志注入刀尖 就能找到 |
[23:14] | Stand steady until you see the smallest gap appear. | 站稳了 直到你看见一条最细的缝隙 |
[23:23] | You’re not clearing your mind. | 你心里有杂念 |
[23:26] | I’m sorry, I can’t. | 对不起 我做不到 |
[23:33] | Will, you can do this. | 威尔 你能做到的 |
[23:42] | Pan! | 潘 |
[23:44] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[23:47] | No. No. | 不不 |
[23:52] | In my world you’re not supposed to touch someone else’s daemon, | 在我的世界 你是不能碰他人的精灵的 |
[23:56] | but you didn’t do something wrong. | 但你没做错任何事 |
[23:58] | It was me, Will, I wanted to. | 是我 威尔 是我想 |
[24:02] | He wanted to help. | 他想帮忙 |
[24:10] | I was trying to read the Alethiometer when I was frightened once. | 有次 我在害怕时尝试解读真理仪 |
[24:14] | And I couldn’t shut the fear out, | 我克服不了恐惧 |
[24:16] | just like you can’t shut the pain out. | 就像你无法屏蔽痛苦 |
[24:20] | So I had to accept it. | 所以我只能接受它 |
[24:22] | That’s what you’ve got to do, you’ve got to say, | 你也得这么做 你得说 |
[24:26] | “I know it hurts… | “我知道这很疼 |
[24:29] | “..But right now the most important thing is the knife.” | 但现在最重要的是那把刀” |
[24:39] | Ok. | 好 |
[24:41] | Right. | 好 |
[24:43] | Let’s do this. | 我们来吧 |
[24:48] | Good. Now look at me | 很好 看着我 |
[24:51] | and focus. | 击中注意力 |
[25:12] | Ruta, I’m so sorry. Your lands. Lake Lubana? | 鲁塔 我很遗憾 你的领地 露巴纳湖 |
[25:16] | They destroyed everything. | 他们毁掉了一切 |
[25:18] | We summoned the rains to put the fire out, but it was too late. | 我们召唤降雨来灭火 但为时已晚 |
[25:21] | Hundreds of witches are dead, | 数百名女巫丧生 |
[25:23] | and it is on my conscience. | 这都要怪我 |
[25:25] | Don’t allow this to consume you. | 别让它吞噬你 |
[25:27] | It is done. | 事已至此 |
[25:29] | And my anger now is for them. | 我的愤怒现在只冲他们 |
[25:31] | And I will need Queen Ruta Skadi for what’s next. | 我需要鲁塔·斯卡迪女王跟我一同迎接未来 |
[25:34] | Kaisa spoke with the Bear King. | 凯泽找过了熊王 |
[25:36] | Lyra is indistinct | 莱拉之所以模糊 |
[25:38] | because she followed Asriel through the Anomaly. | 是因为她追随阿斯里尔穿过了异常点 |
[25:40] | Lyra is in this other world. | 莱拉在另一个世界 |
[25:43] | Will you join us through the Anomaly? | 你愿意跟我们一起穿越异常点吗 |
[25:47] | I will go with you gladly, but it is heavily guarded. | 我乐意随你去 但那里有重兵把守 |
[25:51] | I am ready to fight. | 我准备好战斗了 |
[25:53] | The Magisterium are weak. Pathetic. | 教会当局是脆弱 可悲的 |
[25:57] | They hide behind gunships and bombs. | 他们躲在机枪船和炸弹之后 |
[26:01] | We do not. | 我们不需要 |
[26:03] | Once we are through, I’m going to get Asriel. | 我们穿过后 我要去找到阿斯里尔 |
[26:07] | He needs to return and finish what he started. | 他得回来 了结他挑起的事端 |
[26:13] | The Magisterium will pay for what they did to us. | 教会当局要为他们给我们的伤害付出代价 |
[26:35] | Relax. You’re gripping it too tight. | 放松 你握得太紧了 |
[26:45] | I saw something! Like thin strings that were almost invisible. | 我看到了什么 几乎不可见的细线 |
[26:49] | I felt them connect with the knife. | 我感觉到它们与刀相连了 |
[26:51] | Yes! Good. | 很好 |
[26:53] | This time, don’t lose sight of those strings. | 这次 盯住那些细线 |
[26:58] | For each string is an opening into another unique world. | 每根线都是通往另一个独特世界的窗口 |
[27:03] | Slide the knife into them and down. | 把刀插入其中 然后划下 |
[27:06] | Make a cut. | 切开个口中 |
[27:08] | You will feel a powerful resistance. | 你会感到一股很强的阻力 |
[27:11] | Ok. | 好 |
[27:38] | You did it, Will! | 你做到了 威尔 |
[27:42] | Now you must learn to close. | 现在你要学会闭合它 |
[27:45] | Sheath the knife. | 把刀插入鞘 |
[27:50] | For this you need to put your soul into your fingertips. | 要做到这点 你要把灵魂注入指尖 |
[27:53] | Touch very delicately until you feel the edge. | 轻轻去摸到它的边缘 |
[27:56] | Then pinch it together. | 然后把它捏上 |
[28:10] | It’s gone. | 它不见了 |
[28:12] | That was easy. | 好简单 |
[28:13] | You’re a fast learner, much faster than I was. | 你学得快 比我当年快多了 |
[28:18] | Now listen, | 听好 |
[28:21] | there are four things you need to know. | 你需要知道四件事 |
[28:24] | First, never open a window without closing it. | 一 打开窗户后 一定要记得关上 |
[28:30] | The windows left open have done great damage. | 那些没关上的窗户造成了巨大破坏 |
[28:33] | Second, never let anyone else use the knife. | 二 别让任何其他人用刀 |
[28:38] | Third, don’t use it for base purposes – | 三 别为卑劣的目的用刀 |
[28:42] | don’t show it off, don’t let it inflate your ego. | 别拿它炫耀 别因它而自大 |
[28:46] | And lastly, keep it secret. | 最后 要保密 |
[28:50] | It mustn’t fall into the wrong hands. | 切勿让它落入敌手 |
[28:53] | You have come here for a purpose, boy. | 你来到这里是有目的的 孩子 |
[28:56] | Maybe you don’t know what that is, but you’re brave. | 或许你还不知道那目的是什么 但你很勇敢 |
[29:00] | And your friend here with the daemon is wise. | 你那个有精灵的朋友很睿智 |
[29:06] | The knife will protect you. | 刀会保护你 |
[29:10] | But promise me that you will protect it, too. | 但向我保证 你也会保护它 |
[29:15] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[29:16] | I sense you’ll be a better bearer than I was. | 我觉得你会是比我更好的持刀者 |
[29:19] | Now go. | 去吧 |
[29:21] | But without the knife the Spectres will get you. | 但没有了刀 妖怪会抓到你 |
[29:24] | Come with us, you’ll be safe. | 跟我们走吧 那样你就安全了 |
[29:26] | No, Will, I have fulfilled my duty. | 不 威尔 我已完成了使命 |
[29:29] | The knife has been passed on. | 刀已经传递了下去 |
[29:31] | You must find your own path now. | 你得去寻找自己的道路了 |
[29:34] | I’d like to meet my destiny in private. | 我要独自去面对命运 |
[29:57] | Will. | 威尔 |
[30:00] | Let him go. | 让他去吧 |
[30:03] | Come on, we need to go. | 走吧 我们得走了 |
[30:11] | – Good evening, Miss. – MRS Coulter. | -晚上好 小姐 -是库尔特夫人 |
[30:14] | – Yes, your friend is waiting for you. – Thank you. | -是 您的朋友在等您 -谢谢 |
[30:19] | – Marisa. – Carlo. | -玛丽莎 -卡洛 |
[30:24] | You look well. | 你真光彩照人 |
[30:27] | The north has always agreed with you. | 你一向很适应北方 |
[30:44] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[30:48] | Such a mysterious summons, Carlo. | 这么神秘地召唤我 卡洛 |
[30:51] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[30:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:03] | It’s Lyra. | 是莱拉 |
[31:05] | I’ve found her. | 我找到她了 |
[31:08] | She’s in Oxford. | 她在牛津 |
[31:10] | Just not this Oxford. | 但不是这里的牛津 |
[31:14] | Asriel, | 阿斯里尔 |
[31:16] | always so insistent he be the first to do everything. | 总是要在凡事上成为第一人 |
[31:22] | Busting his way through multiple worlds. | 硬打开了一条通往多重世界的路 |
[31:26] | Some of us have found simpler, less dramatic doors. | 但也有些人找到了简单些 不那么夸张的门路 |
[31:33] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[31:38] | I’ve found a window, into another Oxford. | 我找到了一扇窗户 通往另一个牛津 |
[31:44] | And to my surprise, Lyra was there. | 令我惊讶的是 莱拉也在那里 |
[31:50] | I have her trapped, her and some boy that she was travelling with. | 我把她困住了 还有一个与她同行的男孩 |
[31:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[32:00] | But you do realise that Lyra has a tendency to escape traps. | 但你知道莱拉总能逃出困境吧 |
[32:06] | I made a bargain – that she and the boy acquire something for me. | 我做了个交易 要她和那男孩去给我找样东西来 |
[32:13] | Something that’s beyond my reach. | 那东西我自己拿不到 |
[32:19] | They’re fetching it now. | 他们去拿了 |
[32:21] | And when they return it to me, she’s yours. | 等他们把东西拿来给我 她就是你的了 |
[32:28] | Oh, so, in fact, you don’t have her at all? | 所以 她根本不在你手上 |
[32:35] | – I have something that’s vital of hers. – Something vital? | -我有对她至关重要的东西 -至关重要 |
[32:42] | She’ll return. | 她会回来的 |
[32:47] | Then she’s mine. | 到时她就是我的了 |
[32:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:53] | A gift. | 一份礼物 |
[32:57] | From me… | 我送给 |
[33:05] | ..to you. | 你的 |
[33:13] | Very well, Carlo. | 那好 卡洛 |
[33:16] | Take me to another world. | 带我去另一个世界吧 |
[33:37] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[33:40] | Will, we need to go, come on. | 威尔 我们得走了 走吧 |
[33:42] | Come on, Will, we need to go. | 走吧 威尔 我们得走了 |
[33:44] | We need to go now, Will. Come on. | 我们得走了 威尔 走吧 |
[36:01] | Stay with me and move quickly. | 跟紧我 快点走 |
[37:30] | Come on, Paola. It’s time for bed. | 来吧 宝拉 睡觉了 |
[37:35] | Angelica! | 安吉莉卡 |
[38:39] | Don’t worry. I’m not looking. Coming up backwards. | 别担心 我不看 我倒着走 |
[38:42] | I’m just bringing towels. | 我就是给你拿毛巾来 |
[38:57] | I’m so sorry, Will. I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 威尔 真对不起 |
[39:07] | I have to tell you something. | 我有话跟你说 |
[39:09] | Before I lost the Alethiometer, it told me you were important – | 我弄丢真理仪前 它曾告诉我你很重要 |
[39:13] | that you were connected to this place. | 你与这个地方有关联 |
[39:16] | I think it meant The Knife. | 我觉得它是指刀 |
[39:17] | Like Mr Paradisi said, you were chosen, Will, | 就像帕拉迪西先生说的 你是天选之人 威尔 |
[39:21] | and that’s because of the person you are. | 因为你的为人 |
[39:26] | So what do you want to do now? | 你现在想做什么 |
[39:30] | We’ve got to get the Alethiometer back… | 我们得拿回真理仪 |
[39:34] | ..so we’ll have to steal it. | 我们要把它偷出来 |
[39:39] | Latrom’s dangerous. | 拉特罗姆很危险 |
[39:43] | We’ll do it. | 我们一起去 |
[39:45] | Together. | 同心协力 |
[39:50] | Goodnight, Will Parry… | 晚安 威尔·佩里 |
[39:54] | ..Bearer of The Knife. | 持刀者 |
[39:57] | Goodnight, Lyra Silvertongue. | 晚安 莱拉·巧舌如簧 |
[40:46] | There she is! | 它在这里呢 |
[40:53] | She may not look like much. | 它看上去可能一般 |
[40:58] | Wait till you see her fly. | 但等它飞起来你就知道了 |
[41:00] | We’d better get a move on. | 我们快点走吧 |
[41:02] | I’m sort of a wanted man around these parts. | 我在这里被通缉了 |
[41:04] | The Magisterium is after me and they know I’m an aeronaut. | 教会当局在找我 而且他们知道我驾驶气球 |
[41:08] | Anyway, I probably should’ve told you all that before. | 话说 我或许该早点告诉你 |
[41:11] | Anyway, let’s hope for good wind. | 希望风够劲儿 |
[41:13] | Just leave the winds to me. | 风的事交给我吧 |
[41:21] | Looks like our Shaman’s all hat and no cattle. | 看来我们的萨满巫师光说不练呢 |
[41:26] | We’re going nowhere fast. | 我们速度好慢 |
[41:52] | Shaman, remind me to add “aeronaut” | 萨满巫师 记得把”气球驾驶员” |
[41:55] | to your list of accomplishments. | 加入你的成就清单里 |
[41:58] | Lyra Silvertongue, we’re on our way! | 莱拉·巧舌如簧 我们就来 |
[42:21] | Let’s try this again. | 再来一次吧 |
[42:38] | Focus all attention on attention itself. | 专注于集中注意力 |
[42:43] | Don’t project. Just…observe. | 别多想 只观察 |
[42:54] | Right, OK. | 好 |
[43:00] | Show me. | 给我看吧 |
[43:12] | Ask a question. | 问问题吧 |
[43:23] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[43:25] | Ok. | 好 |
[43:39] | Are you Shadows? | 你是阴影吗 |
[43:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[43:50] | Are Shadows the same as Lyra’s Dust? | 阴影就是莱拉的尘埃吗 |
[43:53] | Yes. | 对 |
[43:56] | And is dust Dark Matter? | 尘埃是暗物质吗 |
[43:58] | Yes. | 对 |
[44:01] | So Dark Matter is conscious? | 所以暗物质是有意识的 |
[44:04] | Evidently. | 这显而易见 |
[44:12] | The mind that’s answering these questions – | 在回答问题的思维 |
[44:15] | it isn’t human, is it? | 不属于人类吧 |
[44:16] | No. | 不 |
[44:17] | But humans have always known us. | 但人类一直知道我们 |
[44:21] | There’s more than one of you? | 你们不止一个吗 |
[44:23] | Uncountable billions. | 数不胜数 |
[44:28] | But what are you? | 但你是什么 |
[44:30] | Angels. | 天使 |
[44:38] | – Angels? – Yes. | -天使 -对 |
[44:47] | Angels are creatures made up of Shadow-matter, of Dust? | 天使是阴影物质 尘埃形成的生物吗 |
[44:54] | Yes. | 对 |
[44:55] | And Shadow-matter is what we call spirit? | 阴影物质是我们所谓的灵吗 |
[44:59] | From what we are, spirit. | 我们的身份是灵 |
[45:02] | From what we do, matter. | 我们行事是物质的 |
[45:05] | Matter and spirit are one. | 物质与灵是合一的 |
[45:09] | You’ve always been there? | 你一直都在吗 |
[45:12] | Making. | 创造 |
[45:13] | Stimulating. | 刺激 |
[45:15] | Guiding. | 引导 |
[45:16] | So does that mean Angels have intervened in human evolution? | 那么天使干预了人类进化吗 |
[45:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[45:24] | But why? | 但为什么 |
[45:27] | Vengeance. | 复仇 |
[45:50] | There’s something out there. | 外面有什么东西 |
[46:01] | Two, three, four incoming flying objects. | 两个 三个 四个物体在飞来 |
[46:09] | Witches! Fire! Fire! | 女巫 开火 |
[46:12] | Man the guns! | 上机枪 |