时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Cadmium. | 镉 |
[00:08] | It was one of the chemicals Strata used. | 是史达所用过的其中一种化学物 |
[00:12] | They said they disposed of it safely, | 他们说已经安全弃置 |
[00:15] | but… what if they lied? | 但…如果他们讲大话呢? |
[00:27] | Don’t forget. Lab reports are due tomorrow. | 别忘了,明天要交实验报告 |
[00:41] | (史达科技工业赞助) | |
[00:47] | (由史达科技工业赠送) | |
[00:57] | Hilde? | 晓迪 |
[01:00] | Hilde? | 晓迪 |
[01:08] | (伊利港农夫市集) | |
[01:10] | (史达科技工业赞助) | |
[01:18] | (史达科技工业赞助) | |
[01:27] | (由史达科技工业设立) | |
[01:33] | (伊利港滨水区即将扩展) | |
[01:36] | (感谢大家支持,史达科技工业) | |
[01:47] | (滨景码头) | |
[01:55] | (伊利港镇,1945年 史达科技工业,1995年) | |
[02:02] | This is my family’s business. | 这是我的家族生意 |
[02:04] | I inherited it from my dad and my grandfather. | 我从爸爸和爷爷手上继承了公司 |
[02:08] | I’ve been looking at this symbol like it meant something. It’s everywhere. | 我一直在看这个符号 好像有什么意思似的,它无处不在 |
[02:20] | Guys! | 大家 |
[02:21] | Guys, I just realized that Strata is everywhere. | 大家,我刚意识到史达无处不在 |
[02:30] | You. | 是你 |
[02:32] | Hilde, you wanna come in here? | 晓迪,进来好吗? |
[02:40] | Hilde, you remember… | 晓迪,你应该也记得 |
[02:42] | Grant Williams. | 格兰威廉斯 |
[02:44] | The president of Strata. | 史达的主席 |
[02:48] | Good to see you again. | 跟你再见面真好 |
[03:09] | (尚未结束,还有谁?) | |
[03:14] | 《小记者·大真相》 | |
[03:18] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么? |
[03:20] | Well, you did send me a request for comment. | 你之前要求我就事件评论 |
[03:37] | Strata Tech Industries used cadmium in their factory, | 史达科技工业曾在工厂中使用镉 |
[03:40] | and now it’s showing up in our water. | 最近它出现在我们的食水里 |
[03:42] | Are you responsible for poisoning our town’s water supply, Mr. Williams? | 威廉斯先生 你是否毒害我们镇的食水供应? |
[03:46] | No, of course not. | 不是,当然不是 |
[03:49] | There was a small leak at an old Strata facility, but we cleaned it up. | 有间旧史达设施 发生过小型泄漏,但我们清理了 |
[03:52] | I thought Wott Management owned that land. | 我以为那块地是窝德管理公司拥有的 |
[04:00] | So he does work for you. | 所以他的确是帮你工作 |
[04:03] | It’s one of our subsidiaries. | 窝德是我们其中一间附属公司 |
[04:04] | So, it’s a shell company. | 所以它是间空壳公司 |
[04:07] | I saw what you were doing at that island. | 我看见了你在那个岛上做什么 |
[04:10] | I think you’re covering it up. | 我认为你在隐瞒真相 |
[04:12] | I get how it might look that way, | 我明白看起来可能如此 |
[04:14] | and I’m sorry that we weren’t more transparent, | 我也为我们欠缺透明度道歉 |
[04:16] | but really, it’s an internal issue. | 但说真的,那是个内部问题 |
[04:18] | Believe me, I only have Erie Harbor’s best interests in mind. | 相信我,我只关心伊利港的利益 |
[04:22] | Then be honest. Take responsibility for what you did. | 那就对我们诚实,为你所做的事负上责任 |
[04:31] | This seems kinda personal to you, Hilde. | 晓迪,这似乎对你来说是私怨 |
[04:34] | It kinda seems like you need me to be the bad guy. | 你好像需要我做坏人似的 |
[04:36] | That’s not what good reporters do, is it? | 这不是好记者的行为,对吧? |
[04:38] | We’ll see what people think when they read my article. | 大家读到我的文章时 我们就看看他们怎么想 |
[04:42] | Because I think maybe you are the bad guy. | 因为我认为你可能就是坏人 |
[04:48] | I think maybe the grown-ups need to have a word outside. | 或者大人们应该出去倾两句 |
[04:59] | Wait, so Strata is responsible for that chemical spill. | 等阵,所以是史达做成那单化学品泄漏的 |
[05:03] | I never said responsible. We’re involved in the cleanup. | 我从没说过做成,我们有参与清理行动 |
[05:05] | Okay, so then you won’t mind if she publishes the interview. | 好吧,那你就不会介意她刊登访问 |
[05:10] | She can. | 她可以登 |
[05:11] | But I don’t know what good it’ll do. Like I said, we’ve already taken care of it. | 但我不知道那有什么好处 正如我讲过的,我们已经处理好了 |
[05:15] | Believe me, the last thing I want | 相信我,我最不想发生的 |
[05:17] | is for anyone in this town to get hurt on my watch. | 就是让任何镇民因我的疏忽而受伤 |
[05:20] | Yeah, well, it’s a little late for that. | 对,那已经迟了一点 |
[05:22] | You know, my dad worked at Strata. | 我爸爸曾在史达返工 |
[05:24] | Yeah, it turns out your company were using those chemicals for, what, two decades? | 对,原来你公司用了那些化学品 多久?有20年吧? |
[05:29] | Or was it even longer than that? | 或者是更长的时间? |
[05:31] | They didn’t know they were dangerous back then. | 当年他们不知道那些物质有危险性 |
[05:33] | It was just the way things were done. | 那只是当时公司做事的惯例 |
[05:35] | But that’s no reason to scare people away from Erie Harbor now, is it? | 但现在没有理由为此 把伊利港镇民吓走,对吧? |
[05:40] | Tank real estate prices. Cut jobs. | 那会做成物业价格大跌,职位削减 |
[05:44] | I don’t think the town would thank you for that. | 我不认为小镇会为此多谢你 |
[05:47] | Is that supposed to be some kind of a threat? | 你这样是威胁我们吗? |
[05:50] | Doesn’t have to be. Could be a choice. | 不需要是威胁,可以是个选择 |
[05:53] | You’re her parents. You need to get control of your daughter. | 你们是她的家长 你们必须控制好自己的女儿 |
[06:01] | Right. Right. | 对… |
[06:22] | Yeah, well, I emailed my editor, | 对,我发了电邮给编辑 |
[06:24] | and I submitted a bunch of Freedom of Information Act requests. | 还提交了一堆情报自由法申请书 |
[06:27] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[06:28] | You know, the records that my dad has from that time, | 我爸爸持有的当时纪录 |
[06:31] | that does not sync up with the story that Grant is selling. | 跟格兰在硬销的故事并不吻合 |
[06:33] | Well, let’s hope Strata left a long paper trail. | 希望史达一直有留下书面纪录 |
[06:36] | Yeah, well, let’s hope it doesn’t take a lifetime to sort out. | 对,希望那不会花上成世处理 |
[06:39] | Yeah, you try explaining red tape to Hilde. | 对,你试试向晓迪解释官僚主义 |
[06:42] | Do you think we did the right thing? Letting her publish? | 你觉得我们做得对吗?让她刊登报导? |
[06:46] | Here she is. What’s up? | 她到了,怎么样? |
[06:49] | My story’s been live since last night, and no one is reading it. | 我的报导昨晚起已经公开,但无人在读 |
[06:52] | Well, what about Donny and Spoon? | 那当尼和史潘呢? |
[06:54] | They don’t really care about the paper anymore. | 他们不再关心份报纸了 |
[06:57] | (史达主席确认牵涉泄漏) | |
[06:58] | I think they’re really mad at me. | 他们真的对我很生气 |
[07:00] | Did you apologize to them for what happened at the sheriff’s department? | 你有为在警局发生的事向他们道歉吗? |
[07:04] | Yeah, I mean, that must have been pretty scary for those guys. | 对,我是说,那对他们来说肯定很可怕 |
[07:08] | Yeah, they don’t have a dad who’s been arrested three times. | 对,他们没有一个被捕过三次的爸爸 |
[07:12] | Nice. Yeah, I like that. | 正,对,说得好 |
[07:14] | I thought publishing the article would fix it. | 我以为刊登文章就会解决件事 |
[07:17] | Strata can’t hurt them if the truth’s already out there. | 如果真相已经公开,史达就不能伤害他们 |
[07:20] | It sounds to me like your friends care more about being hurt by you | 听起来你的朋友们比较不想被你伤害 |
[07:24] | than by Strata. | 多于被史达伤害 |
[07:25] | So, what do I do? | 那我要怎么办? |
[07:27] | Hear them out. Show them you’re sorry. | 聆听他们的话,展现你的歉意 |
[07:29] | You know what? Focus more on your friends, right? Just for a minute. | 你知道吗?把焦点放在你的朋友身上 好吧?只是一会儿而已 |
[07:33] | – Yeah, isn’t it spirit school… – Spirit week. | -对,现在不是精神学校… -学校精神周 |
[07:36] | Spirit school week. Spirit week at school or something? | 精神学校周,学校的精神周或什么的? |
[07:40] | Speaking of which, hey. Why aren’t you wearing your school colors? | 既然提到这个,唏 你为什么不穿学校的代表颜色? |
[07:43] | I don’t know if you noticed, | 不知道你有没有留意到 |
[07:44] | but I’m not really the school spirit kinda person, so… | 但我不是真的 喜欢学校精神的那类人,所以… |
[07:50] | That’s mine. | 那是我的 |
[07:53] | Hey, Junior, I’m sorry we keep missing… | 唏,小麦金斯,很抱歉我们总是错过… |
[07:56] | Wait, what? | 等等,什么? |
[07:59] | – What’s wrong? – Turn on the news. | -怎么了? -打开新闻 |
[08:01] | Uh-huh. | 这样啊 |
[08:03] | Okay. Yep. I will call you right back. | 好的,对,我转头再打给你 |
[08:12] | We take you live to the Johnson family farm, | 我们正在庄逊家族农场直播 |
[08:14] | which has just been sold to Strata Tech Industries | 农场刚被史达科技工业收购 |
[08:16] | due to chemicals found on the land. | 因为该片土地发现化学品 |
[08:19] | Junior sold the farm? | 小麦金斯卖了农场? |
[08:22] | He can’t give up. | 他不能放弃的 |
[08:24] | I wanna be transparent about everything. | 我想清楚透彻地解释一切 |
[08:29] | Traces of cadmium were found at one of our old facilities | 我们在公司其中一间旧设施内 发现了少量镉 |
[08:32] | where some chemicals were being improperly stored. | 该场所有些储藏不当的化学品 |
[08:34] | However, we alerted the authorities immediately | 不过,我们立刻向有关部门通报 |
[08:37] | and conducted a full and thorough cleanup. | 并进行了完整而彻底的清理行动 |
[08:40] | Mr. Williams. Mr. Williams! | 威廉斯先生… |
[08:43] | Is there any danger to public health? | 这对公众健康有任何危害吗? |
[08:45] | Absolutely not. There never was. | 绝对没有,从来都没有 |
[08:46] | – Unbelievable. – But he’s lying. | -无法置信 -但他在讲大话 |
[08:50] | Yeah, well, he’s controlling the story, right? | 对,他在控制报导方向,对吧? |
[08:52] | Well, spinning it his way. | 用对他有利的方式诠释 |
[08:54] | We purchased this land to build a new storage facility | 我们收购了这块地 用来兴建新的储藏设施 |
[08:57] | to safely contain any residual industrial waste. | 从而安全地制止任何剩余的工业废料扩散 |
[09:00] | All of this is to protect Erie Harbor, the town we love. | 这一切都是为了保护伊利港 我们所爱的小镇 |
[09:04] | The town we’ve called home for so many years. Thank you. | 我们这么多年来称之为家的小镇,谢谢 |
[09:07] | How do you prevent runoffs? | 你会如何防止迳流? |
[09:10] | Mr. Williams. Mr. Williams! | 威廉斯先生… |
[09:11] | When are you expecting to start this build? | 你打算什么时候开始建设? |
[09:17] | So, that’s it? Investigation over? | 所以,就这样吗?调查结束? |
[09:21] | Now no one will know the truth about what they did to Junior or Pop-Pop. | 现在无人会知道 关于他们伤害小麦金斯或爷爷的真相 |
[09:26] | That was Grant Williams, head of Strata Tech Industries, | 格兰威廉斯,史达科技工业的领导人 |
[09:29] | assuring the public that there’s nothing to worry about. | 刚刚向公众保证毋需担忧 |
[09:49] | Think that’s the last of ’em. | 我想那是最后一批了 |
[09:58] | I know you’re hurting, Mack, but I didn’t have any choice. | 阿麦,我知道你很难过,但我别无选择 |
[10:01] | You always have a choice. You taught me that. | 你永远都有选择,是你教我的 |
[10:08] | You saw the test. It was rotten. | 你看到试验结果了,它被人做了手脚 |
[10:11] | I had to sell my farm to Strata, or the state would’ve seized it. | 我必须把农场卖给史达 不然州政府就会强征土地 |
[10:15] | – Nothing I could do. – It wasn’t just your farm. | -我无计可施 -它不只是你的农场 |
[10:20] | It was our family’s history. | 是我们家族的历史 |
[10:22] | Our legacy, our name, our everything. | 我们祖先留下的资产 我们的名声,我们的一切 |
[10:26] | Fought ’em as hard as I could. | 我已经拼了老命反抗 |
[10:27] | We could’ve fixed it! | 我们本可以解决问题的 |
[10:30] | How? I can’t afford cleanup costs. | 怎样解决?我无法负担清理成本 |
[10:33] | I barely got any money out of ’em as it is, | 我已经没有怎么获得赔偿 |
[10:36] | and if even one of these animals get sick on that water, that’s on me. | 而且就算这里只有一只动物患病 都会是我的责任 |
[10:41] | If there was any other way, I… | 如果有任何其他方法,我… |
[10:43] | I keep seeing your grandpa’s face. Feel like I’m selling my memories. | 我不断见到你爷爷的脸容 感觉好像我在售卖自己的回忆一样 |
[10:48] | Like I’m selling a part of me. | 就像在售卖我自己的一部分 |
[10:49] | Daddy. | 爸爸 |
[10:53] | How much time do we have? | 我们还有多少时间? |
[10:56] | Until they take over our property? | 在他们接管我们的物业之前? |
[11:00] | Around a week. Maybe two. | 一星期左右,可能有两星期 |
[11:04] | I need to find new homes for all these animals. | 我需要为这些动物寻找新的家园 |
[11:07] | Delay ’em, Daddy. | 拖迟他们,爸爸 |
[11:09] | Delay ’em as long as you can. You gotta give me a chance to fix this. | 可以拖多久就拖多久 你必须给我一个解决此事的机会 |
[11:13] | I’ve got real power now. | 我现在有实权了 |
[11:16] | There’s gotta be something I can do. There’s gotta. | 我一定可以做点什么,一定可以 |
[11:26] | I never bet against you before, little girl. | 乖女,我从未小看过你 |
[11:28] | I’m not about to start now. | 现在也不会 |
[11:41] | – What are you wearing? – What are you wearing? | -你在穿什么? -你在穿什么? |
[11:44] | What? | 什么? |
[11:48] | Sorry, I just didn’t know that you were that guy. | 对不起,我只是不知道你是那种人 |
[11:51] | You know, school spirit guy. | 你知道的,学校精神男 |
[11:53] | But you did though. On some level. I think you did. | 但你知道的,某程度上,我觉得你知道 |
[11:56] | I mean, come on. I’m the captain of the JV soccer team. I’m so that guy. | 想想吧,我是后备足球队的队长 我完全是那种人 |
[12:05] | Oh, no. | 不要 |
[12:09] | I’m just kidding. This is for soccer practice. | 我在开玩笑而已,这是足球训练用的 |
[12:12] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[12:14] | So, is Emma gonna be at the pep rally tonight? | 那么艾玛今晚会来打气集会吗? |
[12:17] | Look, I know I was weird about it, but she’s your friend, | 听着,我知道 我对那事表现得奇怪,但她是你的朋友 |
[12:20] | and I wanna get to know her better. | 而我想加深对她的认识 |
[12:23] | I know she’s important to you. | 我知道她对你来说很重要 |
[12:27] | Yeah, no, we’re good. So… | 对,我们和好了,所以… |
[12:29] | – See, now you’re making it weird. – No, am not! | -看,你现在将事情搞得奇怪了 -不,我没有 |
[12:34] | – Are too. – No, Ethan! | -你有 -不,伊芬 |
[12:47] | You’re looking at pictures of you and Mom, Pop? | 老窦,在看你和妈妈的相片吗? |
[12:51] | Any progress? | 有进展吗? |
[12:56] | Well, I found some more Plant Five employees from that time, | 我找到了更多当时的五号厂员工 |
[12:59] | but I can’t find any public complaints about Strata at all. | 但找不到任何有关史达的公众投诉 |
[13:03] | Well, company town. People are pretty trusting. | 这是个公司小镇 人们都比较容易轻信别人 |
[13:06] | Yeah, but, you know, we can’t be the only family | 对,但是不可能只有我们家 |
[13:09] | to have suspected something, right? | 对事情有怀疑吧? |
[13:11] | Yeah, well, maybe we’re the first to not stay quiet about it. | 对,或者我们是第一个不肯噤声的家庭 |
[13:20] | Hey, wait. Let me see that. | 唏,等等,让我看看 |
[13:27] | – What? – What is it, Matty? | -什么? -小麦,怎么了? |
[13:30] | Wow. No, I remember this day. | 哗,不,我记得这一日 |
[13:33] | This was Richie’s birthday party at the airfield. | 这是维奇在机场的生日派对 |
[13:38] | That would’ve been the last birthday you spent together, right? | 那是你们一起过的最后一个生日,对吧? |
[13:42] | Yeah. Yeah, it was. | 对…没错 |
[13:53] | Wow, yeah. I forgot. | 哗,对,我忘了,对 |
[13:54] | You know, Hank Gillis was there. | 汉克乔利斯也在场 |
[14:00] | Yeah, that’s right. He was showing us around some of the planes | 对,没错,他带我们参观一些飞机 |
[14:02] | as, like, a treat for Richie’s birthday. | 是个特别款待,为了庆祝维奇的生日 |
[14:07] | Yeah, this would’ve been right before the crash too. | 对,这还是刚好在空难之前 |
[14:10] | The black box. | 那个黑盒 |
[14:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[14:19] | You remember Hank, Dad? | 你记得汉克吗,爸爸? |
[14:22] | You remember if you spoke to him that day? | 你记不记得你那天有和他倾偈吗? |
[14:26] | Did he seem upset about anything? | 他有否显得为任何事不高兴? |
[14:29] | Your mother thought you looked just like me in this one. | 你妈妈觉得你在这张相片里跟我饼印一样 |
[14:34] | Yeah, well, she’s right. | 对,她说得对 |
[14:37] | Yeah, she’s right. | 对,她说得对 |
[14:47] | (学校精神周) | |
[15:04] | (欢迎学校精神周) | |
[15:11] | Hey, guys. Can I help? | 唏,大家,我可以帮手吗? |
[15:15] | Sure. | 可以 |
[15:17] | You can do whatever you want. It’s a free country. | 你想做什么都可以,这是个自由国家 |
[15:24] | Spoon, I like those shoulder thingies. | 史潘,我喜欢那些膊头东东 |
[15:27] | They’re called epaulets. And thank you. | 他们叫做肩章,谢谢 |
[15:35] | Donny, is your dad picking you up today? | 当尼,你爸爸今日会接你放学吗? |
[15:38] | It’s always nice to see him. | 见到他总是很好 |
[15:40] | Yeah. He has time to drive me around now ever since he was demoted from his job. | 对,自从他被降职之后 他就有时间带我游车河了 |
[15:45] | He was supposed to be managing a whole new team at Strata, | 他本应在史达管理一整个新团队的 |
[15:48] | and then suddenly, they decided that it wasn’t working out. | 然后突然间,公司就说不行了 |
[15:51] | Guilt by association. | 他受到牵连 |
[15:53] | Do you think it was because of us? Because of the paper? | 你觉得是因为我们吗?因为份报章? |
[15:59] | No, Hilde. I think it was because of you. | 不,晓迪,我觉得是因为你 |
[16:02] | Look, you got us in trouble with the biggest company in town. | 听着,你搞到我们得罪了全镇最大的公司 |
[16:05] | They’re not just giving us community service. | 他们不只是罚我们做社区服务 |
[16:07] | They’re taking it out on my dad. | 他们在惩罚我爸爸 |
[16:16] | Wait up! | 等等 |
[16:25] | Come on, Whales. Let’s hear it. | 来吧,鲸鱼队,大声点 |
[16:27] | We have Whale spirit! | 我们有鲸鱼精神 |
[16:31] | Go Whales! | 鲸鱼队加油 |
[16:33] | Yeah, Whales! | 鲸鱼队好嘢 |
[16:34] | Let’s go, Whalers! We have big games coming up this week, | 鲸鱼队加油,我们这星期有大型比赛 |
[16:38] | starting off with our all-star JV soccer team, | 首先是全明星后备足球队 |
[16:41] | and don’t forget about our varsity basketball team | 还有别忘了我们的篮球校队 |
[16:45] | is headed for another slam dunk win. | 在下一场比赛中也会大胜 |
[16:57] | (高林斯校长) | |
[17:07] | Can you sign our service logs? You know, to prove we’re not delinquents. | 你可以帮我们签服务纪录吗? 证明我们并非不良少年 |
[17:12] | – Do criminals go to college? – Probably not, Donny. Probably not. | -罪犯会上大学吗? -多数不会,当尼,多数不会 |
[17:17] | You’re not criminals. You just made a mistake. | 你们不是罪犯,你们只是犯了错 |
[17:20] | People make mistakes. | 人是会犯错的 |
[17:21] | You know, if I learned anything | 你知道,如果我从我妈妈出事后 |
[17:24] | from how people treated me after what happened with my mom, | 人们待我的态度中学到了任何事 |
[17:27] | it’s that just because people say things about you, doesn’t make ’em true. | 那就是人们讲关于你的闲话 都不等于是真的 |
[17:31] | You three, what you have, that’s what really counts. | 你们三个,你们拥有的,才是真正重要 |
[17:34] | Principal Collins, can I steal you for a sec? | 高林斯校长,我可以跟你倾一下吗? |
[17:37] | – I need two minutes. – Sure. | -两分钟就好 -好的 |
[17:43] | Look, guys, I’m really sorry. | 大家听着,真的很对不起 |
[17:46] | I never meant for anyone to get hurt, especially not your dad, Donny. | 我从来没有想伤害任何人 尤其是你爸爸,当尼 |
[17:51] | No story is worth losing you guys as friends. | 没有一份报导值得我失去你们的友情 |
[17:56] | I wanna find some way to make it right. | 我想找个方法补救 |
[18:03] | You will. We will. | 你会的,我们会的 |
[18:07] | Together. | 大家一起 |
[18:09] | Come on. This calls for a group hug. Come on. | 来吧,这要全组拥抱,来吧 |
[18:26] | Thank God. I was thinking you bailed on me. | 谢天谢地,我还以为你抛低我了 |
[18:29] | Never. I’ll always have your back, Iz. | 不会的,我永远都会支持你,阿伊 |
[18:31] | Am I interrupting something? | 我会阻住你们吗? |
[18:33] | Nope. Hang out with us. | 不会,来跟我们玩吧 |
[18:36] | You didn’t strike me as the pep rally type, Emma. | 艾玛,我没有想过 你是参加打气集会的类型 |
[18:39] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[18:40] | Why’s that, Ethan? Do I not seem peppy to you? | 为什么,伊芬?你觉得我不懂打气吗? |
[18:45] | This is terrible, right? All this blue. | 这很糟糕,对吧?全部都是蓝色 |
[18:49] | Yeah, you’re right. Let’s get out of here. | 对,你说得对,我们走人吧 |
[18:51] | Wait, really? And go where? | 等等,真的吗?去哪里? |
[18:53] | Come on. I’ll drive. | 来吧,我揸车 |
[19:33] | Hey, Iz. | 唏,阿伊 |
[19:37] | Hey. | 唏 |
[19:38] | What are you guys doing here? Isn’t the pep rally just for the high school? | 你们在这里做什么? 打气集会不是只限高中吗? |
[19:41] | – We had community service. – Really? What did you guys do? | -我们要做社区服务 -真的吗?你们犯了什么事? |
[19:46] | Criminal trespassing, | 非法闯入 |
[19:47] | but in a purposeful way. | 但这是为了合理目的 |
[19:49] | For a good cause? | 算是正当理由吧 |
[19:51] | Okay, cool. Yeah, so we were just leaving. | 好吧,正,对,我们刚要走了 |
[19:54] | Yeah, I have my dad’s car. Do you little people want a ride? | 对,我有爸爸的车 你们小朋友想搭顺风车吗? |
[20:02] | We might as well be outcasts together. | 我们不妨一起当被排挤的人 |
[20:04] | – I think she’s serious. – Is this for real? | -我想她是认真的 -她是说真的吗? |
[20:05] | – We’re really going? – Are you guys coming, or what? | -我们真的去? -你们到底要不要来? |
[20:07] | Sure. We have time. | 当然,我们有时间 |
[20:16] | (鲸鱼队加油) | |
[20:34] | That sucks about Strata spinning your story like that. | 史达那样扭曲你的报导真糟糕 |
[20:37] | – Yeah, what’s your next move? – We don’t have one yet. | -对,你下一步打算如何? -我们未有计划 |
[20:39] | We could write another story, but they’d just spin that one too. | 我们可以再写一份报导 但他们也会自圆其说的 |
[20:42] | Sounds like this town has the heroes it needs, but no one’s listening. | 听起来这个镇有大家需要的英雄 但无人肯聆听 |
[20:45] | I don’t wanna be a hero. I wanna be a reporter. | 我不想做英雄,我想做记者 |
[20:48] | Well, what’s the difference? | 有什么分别? |
[20:50] | Well, our dad always says that the job of a journalist is to be a witness. | 我们爸爸经常说,记者的工作就是当见证 |
[20:54] | Publishing an article isn’t gonna clean up the water, | 刊登文章不会清理到食水 |
[20:56] | but an article can make people care. | 但文章能够引起人们关心 |
[20:58] | Can inspire people to change. | 启发人们改变 |
[21:00] | It’s too bad Strata has so much of a louder voice than us. | 史达远比我们有说服力,这实在太糟糕了 |
[21:04] | That doesn’t mean we should stop trying. | 那不代表我们应该停止尝试 |
[21:06] | I think there’s always someone out there listening. | 我觉得出面总是有人在听的 |
[21:09] | Someone who needs to hear us. | 有人需要听我们讲 |
[21:11] | Yeah, and even if you’re at a dead end now, | 对,就算你们现在无计可施 |
[21:13] | you just need to find another way in. | 你们其实只需要找另一条路去达成目标 |
[21:16] | I think I have an idea. My mom’s Grant’s assistant. | 我有个主意,我妈妈是格兰的助理 |
[21:19] | Wait, what? | 等等,什么? |
[21:22] | And all his files are just sitting on her computer. | 他所有档案都在她的电脑里面 |
[21:25] | In my house. Which I have a key to. | 在我家里,而我有锁匙 |
[21:29] | I don’t know. Are you sure? | 好像不太好,你肯定吗? |
[21:30] | I don’t want anyone to get in trouble. | 我不想任何人卷入麻烦 |
[21:33] | Yeah, those orange vests weren’t working for me. | 对,那些橙色背心不衬我 |
[21:35] | It’ll be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[21:36] | We’re just taking a quick look to see if anything seems suspicious. | 我们只是快手瞄一瞄 看看有没有可疑的东西 |
[21:40] | – It is our water after all. – And I know my mom. | -毕竟是我们的食水 -而我了解我妈妈 |
[21:42] | If Strata really has been poisoning the town, | 如果史达真的在毒害这个镇 |
[21:45] | she’ll be glad we warned everyone. | 她会为我们警告大家而高兴 |
[21:47] | At some point, you gotta ask yourself, | 到某个时间,你必须问自己 |
[21:49] | “Am I a mouse or am I a man?” | “我是鼠,还是人?” |
[21:52] | I’m a man. | 我是人 |
[21:54] | But, I don’t know, won’t your mom be, like, weirded out | 但是,如果我们邀请他们到你家 |
[21:57] | if we just invite them over to your house? | 你妈妈不会觉得很奇怪吗? |
[22:00] | Hey, Iz? Have you met Ethan’s mom before? | 唏,阿伊?你跟伊芬妈妈见过面未? |
[22:04] | No, Ethan’s ashamed of me. | 未,伊芬以我为耻 |
[22:06] | She knows who you are. | 她知道你是谁 |
[22:11] | That’s a good idea. You’re really smart. | 那是个好主意,你真的很聪明 |
[22:16] | – What are you talking about? – Then we could just… | -你是什么意思? -那我们可以直接… |
[22:18] | Back door. Exactly. | 用后门,正是这样 |
[22:20] | Wait. What’s happening right now? | 等等,现在发生什么事? |
[22:23] | Iz, it’s time to meet the parents. | 阿伊,是时候见家长了 |
[22:30] | Careful. Careful. | 小心… |
[22:32] | This is a big shot. Careful. | 这球很重要,小心 |
[22:35] | Don’t do it to me. Don’t do it to me. Man! | 别这样对我…顶 |
[22:40] | Maybe you should just give up this principal charade and go pro. | 或者你应该放弃扮校长,去做专业球手 |
[22:44] | Don’t worry. I’ll let you keep your money. | 别担心,我不会让你把钱全输给我的 |
[22:53] | – Hey. What can I get for you? – Nice. | -唏,想喝什么? -正 |
[22:56] | Wow, look who’s here. | 哗,看谁来了 |
[23:05] | – Just wave. – No. | -挥手吧 -不 |
[23:07] | It’s not awkward. Nothing to be worried about. | 这不尴尬,没什么好担心的 |
[23:16] | Kim. | 金 |
[23:21] | Frank. | 法兰克 |
[23:25] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[23:27] | Fine, all considered. | 以现在的情况来说还算好吧 |
[23:30] | You know, since you just fired me. | 因为你刚刚炒了我 |
[23:34] | Yeah, that. | 对,那件事 |
[23:39] | Look, Frank, you know me. | 法兰克,听着,你了解我 |
[23:41] | You know I didn’t wanna do that. I’m just under a lot of pressure. | 你知道我不想那样做的 我只是受到很多压力 |
[23:45] | A lot of oversight, a lot of people to keep happy. | 很多监察,又有很多人要讨好 |
[23:48] | It’s all part of being the boss. | 全都是做上司的一部分 |
[23:50] | Yeah, I know. | 对,我知道 |
[23:52] | I always wanted more responsibility. | 我总是想担起更多责任 |
[23:54] | I don’t think I realized how much it would hurt when my people hurt. | 我没有想过 自己的部下受害时,我会有多痛 |
[24:01] | Look, you’re doing a great job over there. Last thing I wanna do is get in your way. | 听着,你在那边做得很好 我最不想就是阻住你 |
[24:08] | Good. | 好 |
[24:09] | Then come back. | 那就回来吧 |
[24:12] | – Are you serious? – You know I am. | -你是认真的吗? -你知道我是的 |
[24:15] | I’m launching an investigation into Strata, | 我要启动一项针对史达的调查 |
[24:18] | and I need someone I can trust. | 我需要能信任的人 |
[24:20] | Rutherford be damned. | 不管卢特福怎么样 |
[24:26] | Now look. | 听我讲 |
[24:27] | If you’re waiting on me to beg, | 如果你在等我求你 |
[24:30] | well, we’ll be here all night. | 我们就会在这里花上整晚 |
[24:33] | All right. All right. | 好吧… |
[24:36] | Yeah, I’ll consider it, boss. | 好,我会考虑的,波士 |
[24:41] | Now, you wanna try and help me beat this shark over here? | 你想帮我打赢这个高手吗? |
[24:44] | She’s killing me. | 她已经赢我一条街了 |
[24:50] | Uh-oh. | 哎唷 |
[24:51] | Hold that. Hold that. | 拿着… |
[24:53] | The coat’s coming off. | 她除外套了 |
[25:33] | You know, I always blamed myself for the time I lost. | 我总是为我失去的时间怪责自己 |
[25:36] | You know, not speaking to each other. | 那段跟他不相往来的日子 |
[25:42] | You know, Strata did this to him. | 是史达害到他这样的 |
[25:49] | I know, honey. | 我知道,甜心 |
[26:16] | – Mom? Are you home? – I’m in here, hon. | -妈妈,你在家吗? -我在这里,乖仔 |
[26:22] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[26:23] | You didn’t tell me we were having company over. | 你没有跟我讲我们有客人 |
[26:25] | Mom, you know how I’ve been telling you about Izzy | 妈妈,你知道我有跟你讲伊丝的事 |
[26:28] | and how her parents were nice enough to let me sleep over the other night | 还有那一晚 她父母很好人,让我在她家过夜 |
[26:31] | – while you and Dad were… – Yelling at each other? | -当时你和爸爸在… -跟彼此大吵大闹? |
[26:34] | I was gonna say talking, but yeah. | 我打算说你们在讨论,不过是的 |
[26:37] | Anyway, this is her. This is my girlfriend, Izzy. | 总之,这就是她了,这是我女朋友伊丝 |
[26:41] | You are my girlfriend, and this is my mom. | 你是我女朋友,而这是我妈妈 |
[26:46] | It’s really nice to meet you, Mrs. DeLuca. | 迪路卡太太,很高兴认识你 |
[26:48] | Gina. Just Gina. It is so great to have you over here finally. | 珍娜,叫我珍娜 你终于来作客真的太好了 |
[26:52] | Wow. This your house? | 哗,这是你间屋? |
[26:54] | It’s so, like, clean and nice. | 好干净又漂亮 |
[26:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:01] | Not that I thought it was gonna be, like, dirty. | 不是说我觉得间屋会污糟 |
[27:03] | It’s just really nice. | 只是真的很漂亮 |
[27:05] | You guys are adorable. You really are. | 你们好可爱,真的 |
[27:07] | Come in. | 进来吧 |
[27:08] | Can I take your coat? | 我帮你挂好外套 |
[27:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:13] | We are having chicken potpie. | 我们今晚吃鸡批 |
[27:17] | – Yum. I love chicken potpie. – Good. | -正,我好喜欢鸡批 -那就好 |
[27:22] | – I hope you are hungry. – Yeah, I’m starving. | -希望你肚饿了 -对,我很饿 |
[27:26] | This is Ethan’s favorite actually. | 这其实是伊芬的最爱 |
[27:30] | Look at that. So how was school today? | 看看,今天返学怎样? |
[27:32] | It was good. You know, same old. As good as school can be. | 很好,我意思是 没什么特别,就是平常返学那样 |
[28:00] | Password. | 密码 |
[28:01] | (请输入密码) | |
[28:07] | Hurry up, Hilde. The password changes every 30 seconds. | 晓迪,快点,密码每30秒就会变 |
[28:11] | Guys, are you sure we should do this? | 大家肯定我们应该这样做吗? |
[28:14] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[28:15] | – We’ve come this far. – The whole fate of the town… | -我们已经到这一步了 -整个镇的命运… |
[28:17] | – Just type it in, Hilde. – …rests on our shoulders. | -晓迪,输入吧 -由我们肩负起来 |
[28:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:49] | (安全警报) | |
[28:50] | (侦测到安全警报,正传送资料地点) | |
[28:52] | (驾车前往) | |
[28:56] | What? | 什么? |
[29:08] | (驾车前往) | |
[29:12] | What are we even looking for? | 我们究竟在找什么? |
[29:14] | (史达科技工业) | |
[29:22] | Look. | 你们看 |
[29:24] | That’s the same guy who’s on the portrait at the mansion. | 那是大宅肖像画中的同一个人 |
[29:32] | Grant’s grandmother’s last name was Woodruff. | 格兰的祖母就是姓胡瑞夫 |
[29:36] | He must own the mansion. | 他一定是那座大宅的拥有人 |
[29:38] | I knew it. That place screamed illuminati. | 我就知道,那个地方很明显是光明会的 |
[29:45] | – Wait. – What is it? | -等等 -怎么了? |
[29:48] | Lisko. | 利斯高 |
[29:49] | (利斯高) | |
[29:52] | Proceed to the route on the map. | 按照地图路线前进 |
[30:01] | Why are there a bunch of files in here about my family? | 为什么这里会有一堆 关于我屋企人的档案? |
[30:04] | (华盛顿州驾驶执照,纽约州驾驶执照) | |
[30:06] | (婚姻证书) | |
[30:09] | We’re all in here. | 我们全都在这里 |
[30:10] | (出生证明,《魔法小时纪事报》) | |
[30:11] | It’s a hit list. | 是暗杀名单 |
[30:12] | It’s not a hit list. Don’t scare her. | 不是暗杀名单,别吓她 |
[30:14] | We’re gonna get taken out. All of us. | 我们会被杀,全部都会 |
[30:17] | Here. Just put it on the thumb drive. We’ll figure it out later. | 拿去,先存到USB手指上,我们迟些再想 |
[30:31] | (档案复制中) | |
[30:51] | We’ve got a problem. | 有麻烦了 |
[30:53] | It’s nice to be back in Erie Harbor. Ethan really missed it here. | 回来伊利港感觉很好 伊芬真的很挂住这里 |
[30:56] | Obviously. | 很明显 |
[31:01] | I know I’m embarrassing you, honey, | 乖仔,我知道我令你尴尬 |
[31:03] | but you brought her here of your own free will. | 但你是自愿带她来的 |
[31:04] | Yeah, well, I guess I deserve this. | 对,我估是我自找的 |
[31:15] | What do we do? | 我们怎么办? |
[31:16] | I don’t know. Maybe it’s nothing. | 不知道,可能没事的 |
[31:20] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[31:22] | – Is everything okay? – Sorry to drop by like this. | -一切还好吗? -抱歉要突然上门 |
[31:24] | I just got a weird security notification on my phone. I thought I’d stop by. | 我刚在手机收到 一个奇怪的安全警报,所以想过来一下 |
[31:28] | How can I help? | 我可以怎样帮你? |
[31:30] | Well, I guess we should look at your computer. | 我估我们应该看看你的电脑 |
[31:33] | (档案复制中) | |
[31:34] | We gotta go. | 我们应该走了 |
[31:35] | No. If you interrupt the download, it’ll corrupt the files. | 不行,如果中止下载的话,会损坏档案的 |
[31:38] | Hilde, there’s no time. | 晓迪,无时间了 |
[31:44] | Hey, kids. | 唏,细路们 |
[31:54] | Mom, look. Mom. | 妈妈,听我讲,妈妈 |
[32:04] | We’re so sorry about this. | 我们真的很抱歉 |
[32:09] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:12] | Okay, yeah… Thank you. | 好吧,对,谢谢你 |
[32:14] | Okay. Sorry again. Bye. | 好吧,再一次对不起,拜拜 |
[32:20] | Hilde was stealing data from Strata servers. | 晓迪从史达的伺服器偷取资料 |
[32:26] | Matt. What is going on with our kid? | 麦特,我们的小朋友怎么了? |
[32:30] | Yeah, I know. No, she pushed it too far for sure. | 对,我知道,不,她绝对是踩过界了 |
[32:36] | Well, she gets this tunnel vision, | 她会过度集中于一件事情上 |
[32:39] | and she loses sight of what’s right or wrong. | 然后变得是非不分 |
[32:41] | Yeah. | 对 |
[32:44] | It wasn’t her fault. | 不是她的错 |
[32:48] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[32:52] | It was our idea. We encouraged her. Me, Ethan and Emma. | 那是我们的主意 是我们怂恿她的,我、伊芬和艾玛 |
[32:57] | Yeah, well, you should know better. | 对,你应该更懂事的 |
[32:59] | Okay, Strata had files on us though. | 好吧,但史达有关于我们的档案 |
[33:01] | Hilde said they had our whole family on there. | 晓迪说他们有我们全家的资料 |
[33:03] | Pictures of us, everything. | 我们的相片,什么都有 |
[33:05] | Wait. Are you sure? | 等等,你肯定吗? |
[33:08] | Do you have any proof of that? | 你有任何证据吗? |
[33:10] | We tried, but we lost the thumb drive. | 我们尝试取得证据,但USB手指被拿走了 |
[33:16] | Come on. It’s Hilde. | 别这样,那可是晓迪 |
[33:19] | She wouldn’t lie about this. | 她不会这样讲大话的 |
[33:23] | Yeah, well, that we know. | 对,我们知道 |
[34:06] | (爷爷,欢迎回家) | |
[34:09] | Hello. | 哈罗 |
[34:13] | Can’t sleep? | 睡不着觉? |
[34:19] | Come. Sit. | 过来,坐低 |
[34:31] | I failed, Pop-Pop. | 爷爷,我失败了 |
[34:35] | Oh, my goodness. What are you talking about? | 天啊,你在说什么? |
[34:40] | I did all this work, I got in all this trouble, | 我做了这么多工夫,闯了这么多祸 |
[34:43] | just to prove that Strata did this to you. | 只是为了证明是史达害到你患病的 |
[34:47] | I wanted to make you better, but… | 我想帮你康复,但是… |
[34:52] | I couldn’t do it. | 我做不到 |
[34:55] | None of it worked. | 我做的一切都无用 |
[34:58] | Hilde, sweetie. | 晓迪,乖孙 |
[35:02] | It did work. | 有用的 |
[35:06] | I’m just an old man from a small town | 我只是个来自小镇的老人 |
[35:08] | who sold bikes and lived at the same address for 40 years. | 卖单车为生,在同一间屋住了40年 |
[35:13] | I thought my life was small. | 我以为我的生命渺小 |
[35:17] | I thought, well… | 我以为… |
[35:21] | except for you guys, my family, | 除了你们,我的屋企人 |
[35:25] | maybe I didn’t matter all that much. | 我或者并不是那么重要 |
[35:30] | But you showed me there’s no such thing as a small life. | 但你让我明白到没有所谓渺小的生命 |
[35:35] | Because if my story can help someone else, | 因为如果我的故事能帮到其他人 |
[35:39] | well, then… it matters. | 那么…它就是重要的 |
[35:44] | So keep going, Hilde. | 所以继续努力吧,晓迪 |
[35:46] | Keep telling your story. | 继续去讲你的故事 |
[35:53] | Thank you, Pop-Pop. | 谢谢你,爷爷 |
[35:56] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:00] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:07] | What’s that? | 那是什么? |
[36:09] | When your dad… When your dad was your age, | 你爸爸…像你一样大的时候 |
[36:12] | he never wanted me to drop him off in front of the school. | 他总是不想我在学校前面让他落车 |
[36:16] | I’d have to pull over to the corner, and he’d run off to his friends. | 我要在街角停车,他就会跑去跟朋友会合 |
[36:20] | But he always looked back. | 但他次次都会回头 |
[36:24] | And when he did, I did this. | 他回头的时候,我就做这个手势 |
[36:28] | And that way, he knew that I loved him. | 那样他就知道我爱他 |
[36:32] | Even from far away. | 即使距离很远 |
[36:36] | Yep, that’s it. | 对,就是这样 |
[36:42] | I just… I have no idea what I’m gonna do next. | 我只是对下一步毫无头绪 |
[36:46] | (《辉煌与邪恶》,艾力克拉森着) | |
[36:48] | Come read with me. | 来陪我读书 |
[36:57] | Even Churchill took time to read during the Blitz. | 邱吉尔在伦敦大轰炸期间都抽时间阅读 |
[37:01] | Now, do you know who Winston Churchill was? | 你知道邱吉尔是谁吗? |
[37:05] | A little bit. | 知一点点 |
[37:06] | He was the prime minister of England during World War II. | 他是第二次世界大战时的英国首相 |
[37:09] | But this book is about him, and it’s a lot about his daughter, Mary. | 但这本书是关于他的 也有很多关于他女儿玛丽的部份 |
[37:16] | She really helped him during the war. | 她在大战期间真的帮了他很多 |
[37:19] | – Like me and Dad? – I would think very much like you and Dad. | -像我和爸爸那样吗? -我觉得很像你和爸爸 |
[37:57] | (收件者:翠普庄逊三世警长 主题:重要线索) | |
[37:59] | (史达科技工业知道…) | |
[38:25] | (新邮件,主题:重要线索) | |
[38:38] | Holy… | 顶… |
[38:40] | Today’s date is September 20th, 1987. | 今日是1987年9月20日 |
[38:43] | (伊利港欢迎你,史达科技工业) | |
[38:53] | (重要线索) | |
[38:57] | State your names for the record, please. | 请讲出你们的名字,以作纪录 |
[38:59] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[39:02] | Hank Gillis, test pilot. | 汉克乔利斯,试飞员 |
[39:05] | Arthur Conway, air traffic control tower. | 阿瑟康威,航空交通管制塔 |
[39:08] | And it’s your belief… | 而你们相信… |
[39:10] | Come here. Take a look at this. | 过来,看看这个 |
[39:15] | We just got a tip from an anonymous email address. | 我们刚从一个匿名电邮地址收到线报 |
[39:19] | What’s it say? | 上面说什么? |
[39:21] | Yeah, well, watch. | 对,看看 |
[39:23] | State your names for the record, please. | 请讲出你们的名字,以作纪录 |
[39:26] | Hank Gillis, test pilot. | 汉克乔利斯,试飞员 |
[39:27] | – Sam’s dad. – Yeah. | -森的爸爸 -对 |
[39:30] | Arthur Conway, air traffic control tower. | 阿瑟康威,航空交通管制塔 |
[39:33] | Who? | 是谁? |
[39:36] | Yeah, that’s… | 对,那是… |
[39:39] | Yeah, Arthur Conway. | 对,阿瑟康威 |
[39:41] | He’d worked with Hank. | 他跟汉克共事过 |
[39:46] | And it’s your belief that the sealant we used here | 而你们相信我们在这里使用的密封剂 |
[39:49] | is causing adverse health effects. | 正在导致负面的健康影响 |
[39:52] | Yes. That’s why we’re here. | 是的,所以我们在这里 |
[39:54] | I overheard some company executives say that it was the cadmium. | 我无意中听到 一些公司行政人员说那是镉的影响 |
[39:58] | That they tested it, and it was toxic. | 他们说已经测试过,结果显示有毒 |
[40:00] | And it makes sense. | 而且都说得通 |
[40:02] | A lot of workers at the coating plant have gotten sick. | 很多涂层厂的员工都患病了 |
[40:04] | Strata stopped using cadmium in the ’70s, but this video is from 1987. | 史达在1970年代已停用镉 但这段影片是1987年的 |
[40:09] | That’s proof that they lied. | 那就是他们讲大话的证据 |
[40:12] | They kept using it even though they knew people were getting hurt. | 他们即使知道员工受害,还是继续使用镉 |
[40:16] | How did you overhear these executives exactly? | 你们是如何 无意中听到这些行政人员说话的? |
[40:20] | I was showing my friend’s kid the new planes. | 我当时在向朋友的细路介绍新飞机 |
[40:22] | I guess they didn’t see us. | 我估他们没有见到我们 |
[40:25] | Dad, that must have been Richie. | 爸爸,那一定就是维奇 |
[40:42] | (灵感源自年轻调查记者 晓迪利斯亚奇的新闻报导) |