时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:52] | We shall miss your conversation | 剩余的旅途中不能跟你聊天了 |
[00:55] | on the rest of our voyage, Dr. Afriel. | 我们会想你的 阿菲尔博士 |
[00:57] | And I yours. | 我也会想你 |
[00:58] | Our exchange of information has been extremely valuable to me. | 我们的信息交换对我非常宝贵 |
[01:03] | Humanity is the kind of race we enjoy doing business with. | 我们喜欢跟人类做交易 |
[01:07] | Young, eager, flexible. | 年轻 急切 变通 |
[01:09] | But we do not understand | 但我们不理解 |
[01:10] | the profit you seek in studying the swarm. | 你们研究虫群是想获得什么好处 |
[01:12] | They are merely well-organized animals. | 它们不过是有组织的动物 |
[01:17] | Well, we humans learn wherever we can. | 人类总是抓住一切学习的机会 |
[01:21] | Dr. Afriel. | 阿菲尔博士 |
[01:26] | Per our transit contract, | 按照我们的运输合同 |
[01:28] | we shall return in 600 of your days. | 我们会在你们的600日后归来 |
[02:17] | Dr. Afriel. | 阿菲尔博士 |
[02:20] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[02:21] | Dr. Mirny. An honor to meet you. | 敏尼博士 见到你很荣幸 |
[02:25] | And I you. | 我也是 |
[02:27] | It’s good to see another human face. | 很高兴见到另一张人类的脸 |
[02:29] | And please, call me Galina. | 喊我盖琳娜就好 |
[02:33] | – What? – Don’t be alarmed. | -怎么回事 -别害怕 |
[02:35] | It will convey your pheromones to the queen. | 它会把你的信息素带给虫后 |
[02:40] | Otherwise, you might be considered an invader and killed. | 不然你会被当作入侵者杀掉 |
[02:45] | I followed your study of the Swarm | 我对你的虫群研究很感兴趣 |
[02:47] | with tremendous interest, Doctor. | 一直在关注 博士 |
[02:49] | But I had no idea you’d learned to communicate with them. | 但我不知道你已经学会了如何与它们交流 |
[02:52] | Not exactly. | 也不是 |
[02:55] | I found no Swarm castes that use language, | 没有任何一种虫会使用语言 |
[02:57] | but several symbiote species still do. | 但一些共生种群还有语言 |
[03:00] | I call these springtails. | 我称它们为跳虫 |
[03:04] | I believe they were once a spacefaring race | 我认为它们曾是能穿行宇宙的种族 |
[03:06] | who discovered the Swarm and were absorbed by it. | 它们发现了虫群 然后被它吸收了 |
[03:10] | But now they are little more than parasitic savages. | 但它们现在比寄生的野蛮人强不了多少了 |
[03:18] | So far, I’ve identified 15 unique symbiotic aliens | 到目前为止 我在原始的 |
[03:21] | living among the hundreds | 数百种虫群种群中 |
[03:22] | of specialized castes native to the Swarm. | 分辨出了15种独特的共生外来种群 |
[03:30] | Various strains of nutrient-rich fungi are the hive’s main food source. | 各种富含营养的真菌是虫巢的主要食物来源 |
[03:35] | Since our basic biochemistry is similar, | 因为我们的基本生物化学成分相似 |
[03:37] | it’s perfectly edible. | 我们可以吃它们 |
[03:48] | I’ve learned to solicit food with a pattern of reflex tapping. | 我学会了用一种反射拍打来索要食物 |
[03:53] | Fermentation in the worker’s gut… | 工虫腹腔里的发酵 |
[03:57] | …Adds nutritional value. | 让营养更丰富 |
[03:59] | Makes it taste better too. | 味道也更好 |
[04:06] | It’s wonderful. | 真好吃 |
[04:12] | Tunneler. | 隧道虫 |
[04:14] | It can take us further into the Nest. | 它会带我们深入虫巢 |
[04:42] | The queen. | 虫后 |
[04:45] | Heart of the Nest. | 虫巢之心 |
[04:50] | Whatever caste of worker is needed, | 不管需要什么样的工虫种群 |
[04:53] | she can create it. | 她都能创造出来 |
[04:55] | The entire Nest is a wonder of genetic automation. | 整个虫巢就是遗传自动化的奇迹 |
[05:01] | It is truly amazing. | 真是太惊人了 |
[05:08] | Warrior caste. Very deadly. | 战虫 很致命 |
[05:14] | But only if you mean harm to the queen and her eggs. | 如果你想伤害虫后和虫卵的话 |
[05:24] | Dr. Afriel, I think it’s time | 阿法尔博士 我想你该说出 |
[05:26] | you told me exactly why you’re here. | 你究竟是为何而来了 |
[05:29] | As you’ve discovered, | 你也发现了 |
[05:31] | the Swarm is a near-perfect organic system. | 虫群是个几乎完美的有机体系 |
[05:34] | With a resource like this, | 有了这样的资源 |
[05:36] | we can bring order to the chaos of human expansion. | 我们可以为混乱的人类扩张带来秩序 |
[05:40] | We must harness its power. | 我们得汲取它的力量 |
[05:42] | Exploit it, you mean. | 是利用它吧 |
[05:46] | If order is what you want, | 如果你想要秩序 |
[05:49] | look around. | 看看这里吧 |
[05:51] | It’s always warm, it smells good, and there’s plenty of food. | 这里永远暖和 气味宜人 而且不缺食物 |
[05:55] | This Nest has been here for millions of years. | 这个虫巢已经存在上百万年了 |
[06:01] | Who will remember humanity in even a thousand? | 再过一千年 还有谁会记得人类 |
[06:05] | Even though I won’t live to see our race triumph, | 哪怕我活不到我们种族胜利的那天 |
[06:08] | it’s enough that I can foresee that day. | 如果我能预见那天的到来也足够了 |
[06:11] | Arrogance. | 傲慢 |
[06:18] | These creatures are primordially innocent, Doctor. | 这些生灵原始而无辜 博士 |
[06:21] | They should never become pawns | 它们不该成为 |
[06:23] | in some power struggle light-years away. | 数光年以外的权力斗争的筹码 |
[06:26] | But we only need the genetic information from one egg. | 但我们只需要一颗卵的基因信息 |
[06:30] | With that, we can grow our own queen. | 有了它 我们就能自己培育虫后 |
[06:32] | Her offspring will build a new nest. | 她的后代会自己建新虫巢 |
[06:35] | They would be useless without the Nest’s pheromones to control them. | 没有虫巢的信息素来控制它们是没用的 |
[06:40] | Artificial vein. | 人工血管 |
[06:41] | This slipped past the Investor quarantine. | 躲过了投资人的检疫 |
[06:43] | Inside is a selection of the Swarm pheromones we synthesized | 里面有一些我们根据你的样本 |
[06:47] | based on your samples. | 合成的虫群信息素 |
[06:49] | If these work, we could control millions of workers. | 如果成了 我们能控制数百万的工虫 |
[06:52] | Armies of warriors. | 还有战虫大军 |
[06:53] | – You are planning to breed a slave race. – We could– | -你是想培育奴隶种群 -我们… |
[06:57] | You said yourself, they aren’t sentient. | 你也说了 它们没有意识 |
[07:00] | They’re organic machines. | 只是有机机器 |
[07:02] | It’s not as if they’d be | 它们又不会 |
[07:03] | staring up at the stars pining for their freedom. | 凝视星空 渴望自由 |
[07:09] | It’s true. | 的确 |
[07:12] | Whether they work for us or the Swarm | 对于它们 为我们还是为虫群工作 |
[07:14] | will make no difference to them. | 并没有什么不同 |
[07:16] | And that is the beauty of the idea, Doctor. | 这就是这个点子的妙处 博士 |
[07:24] | As long as no harm comes to the Nest… | 只要虫巢不会被伤害 |
[07:30] | I’ll help you. | 我会帮你 |
[07:39] | We’ll need to test the synthesized pheromones | 我们得进行一些试验来测试 |
[07:42] | with a series of trials. | 合成信息素 |
[07:45] | First vial contains the most basic pheromonal commands. | 第一管里是最基本的指令信息素 |
[07:49] | A simple grouping stimulus. | 简单的聚集刺激素 |
[07:52] | But to work most effectively, | 但要达到最佳效果 |
[07:54] | the pheromones need to be combined in a chemical program. | 信息素得以化学程序的形式结合起来 |
[07:58] | Gather, then dig. | 聚集 然后挖掘 |
[08:00] | Grow food here, then harvest. | 在这里制造食物 然后采集 |
[08:03] | Or retrieve one fertilized egg. | 或是取回一颗受精卵 |
[08:38] | We humans are not so very different. | 我们人类也没那么不同 |
[08:43] | Adrift on ancient chemical tides. | 在远古的化学潮水中漂流 |
[08:47] | Submerged in the warm ebb and flow of life. | 浸没在生命温暖的潮起潮落里 |
[09:03] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[09:04] | Food-giver no good. Not feed. | 造食者不行了 没吃的 |
[09:07] | Take me to her. | 带我去找她 |
[10:37] | Come on then, you mindless motherfuckers! | 来啊 你们这些没脑子的混蛋 |
[11:14] | Galina? | 盖琳娜 |
[11:18] | I have no name, | 我没有名字 |
[11:22] | but you may address me as… | 但你可以称我为… |
[11:25] | …Swarm. | 虫群 |
[11:34] | I am one of its castes. | 我是它的种群之一 |
[11:37] | My specialty is intelligence. | 我的特点是智力 |
[11:39] | We… we mean you no harm. | 我们没想伤害你 |
[11:42] | We seek only knowledge and– | 我们只想要知识 |
[11:44] | You sought to breed us. | 你想繁殖我们 |
[11:47] | Use us. | 利用我们 |
[11:50] | But your crude experiments | 但你们粗糙的实验 |
[11:52] | triggered certain genetic protocols, | 激活了一些基因程序 |
[11:55] | and I was born. | 我便诞生了 |
[12:00] | I am only a few weeks old, | 我只有几周大 |
[12:02] | but I have millions of years of racial memory. | 但我有数百万年的种族记忆 |
[12:06] | You are clearly an intelligent being. | 你显然是有智力的生灵 |
[12:10] | Surely we can find a way to– | 我们肯定有办法… |
[12:12] | Please, Doctor, I’m just a tool. | 得了 博士 我只是个工具 |
[12:15] | One the Swarm has used | 虫群已经很多次 |
[12:17] | to deal with threats like yours many times. | 利用我这样的工具来应付威胁了 |
[12:22] | Through her memories, I understand your race. | 我通过她的记忆理解了你们种族 |
[12:25] | An especially vigorous one. | 你们很有活力 |
[12:28] | I expect they could be here, | 我想他们不出几百年 |
[12:30] | competing with us within a few hundred years. | 就会来到这里 跟我们竞争 |
[12:34] | It will be sooner. | 会比那还早 |
[12:36] | Perhaps. | 或许吧 |
[12:38] | But on the timescale the Swarm operates, | 但按虫群的时间尺度来看 |
[12:41] | your race will soon be gone. | 你们种族很快就会消亡 |
[12:45] | If… if you intend to destroy us, we will– | 如果你想毁灭我们 我们就… |
[12:49] | Most likely, you’ll destroy yourselves. | 你们大概会自我毁灭 |
[12:53] | In… intelligence… | 智力 |
[12:56] | …Is not a winning survival trait. | 并不是利于生存的特征 |
[13:01] | Consider the scavenger feeding on your vomit. | 看看吃你呕吐物的食腐动物 |
[13:06] | Two million years ago, | 两百万年前 |
[13:09] | its ancestors made the galaxy tremble. | 它的祖先曾撼动星系 |
[13:13] | When they attacked the Swarm, | 他们攻击虫群时 |
[13:15] | we bred smarter, | 我们繁育出了 |
[13:17] | tougher versions of their own race to fight them. | 以他们为蓝本 但更小更坚强的种群对付他们 |
[13:21] | Our nests were the only world they’d known, | 我们的虫巢是他们唯一知道的世界 |
[13:24] | and they fought with a fury and inventiveness | 而他们战斗起来的愤怒和创造力 |
[13:27] | we never could have matched. | 是我们无法匹及的 |
[13:30] | It is an excellent strategy. | 这策略很棒 |
[13:33] | And the two of you make a perfect breeding pair. | 你们俩就是完美的繁殖搭档 |
[13:37] | I would never betray my race. | 我绝不会背叛我的种族 |
[13:40] | I will kill myself. | 我会自杀的 |
[13:41] | In which case, I would simply clone you and raise the children myself. | 那我就克隆你 自己养大孩子 |
[13:47] | Bothersome. | 那很烦人 |
[13:50] | And so I offer you a choice. | 所以我给你个选择 |
[13:53] | Remain an intelligent living being or… | 继续做一个有智力的活物 |
[14:02] | …Real ugly events… | 不然就要难看了 |
[14:13] | So, | 那么 |
[14:15] | do you accept my offer, Doctor? | 你接受我的提议吗 博士 |
[14:20] | I accept your challenge. | 我接受你的挑战 |
[14:26] | We won’t become parasites. | 我们不会做寄生虫 |
[14:28] | Humans are different. | 人是不一样的 |
[14:32] | Of course you are. | 当然了 |
[14:38] | I’m glad I won’t have to absorb you. | 我很高兴我不用吸收你 |
[14:43] | I would have missed | 那样就不能 |
[14:45] | your conversation. | 跟你聊天了 |