时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [electronic music playing] | |
[00:07] | [Andy] What’s that one thing that you’re holding onto in your life? | 你人生中放不下的那样东西是什么? |
[00:14] | Maybe it’s a conversation, an argument you had with another person. | 或许是和他人的一段对话或争执 |
[00:19] | Maybe it’s a sense of longing for another person | 或许是对某人的寄望 |
[00:21] | or a sense of frustration with something that’s happening in your life right now. | 或是对目前生活中发生的事感到挫折 |
[00:28] | Maybe it’s even a physical thing | 甚至有可能是你长久以来 |
[00:30] | that you’ve become attached to over time. | 依恋的实际物品 |
[00:33] | It’s so easy to hold onto things, | 我们很容易抓著东西不放 |
[00:35] | and as a result, we feel heavy. | 因此容易感到沉重 |
[00:37] | We feel weighed down like we’re carrying baggage in our life. | 好像带著包袱,被重量拖累 |
[00:41] | Today we’re going to explore letting go. | 今天我们要探索放下 |
[00:44] | I’ll also be introducing you to a meditation technique, | 我也会向你介绍一个冥想技巧 |
[00:47] | a visualization that can help you feel a bit lighter in your life. | 一种想像技巧 |
[00:50] | [electronic music continues] | 能够帮助你过得更轻盈 |
[01:01] | Hi, I’m Andy, and welcome to Headspace Guide to Meditation. | 嗨,我是安迪 欢迎来到《冥想正念指南》 |
[01:13] | So, once I’d made the decision to actually become a monk, | 当我决定成为僧侣后 |
[01:16] | obviously there was a process that I had to go through, | 我必须经历一个过程 |
[01:18] | not just flying out to another country and becoming a monk | 不只是飞到另一个国家当僧侣而已 |
[01:22] | but also the process of letting go of my life. | 我还得放弃原本的生活 |
[01:27] | And it wasn’t just letting go of all the physical belongings. | 而且不只是放下所有实际的物品 |
[01:31] | It was also letting go of the environment that I’d grown up in, | 我也得离开我所成长的环境 |
[01:36] | even letting go of my hair. | 甚至是放弃我的头发 |
[01:38] | But I think the thing that really surprised me, | 但真正让我感到惊讶的是 |
[01:41] | you know, I thought I was going away and I would be giving away my busy mind. | 我以为离开就是要放下忙碌的思绪 |
[01:45] | I thought I was going to be letting go | 我以为我会放下 |
[01:48] | of all the difficult emotions I’d ever experienced. | 我所经历过的所有困难情绪 |
[01:55] | Well, I very quickly realized that it wasn’t quite so easy | 我很快就发现 |
[01:58] | to let go of the things in my mind. | 放下脑袋里的东西并没有那么简单 |
[02:02] | So even as I sat there in these beautiful surroundings in the Himalaya Mountains | 就算我坐在美丽的喜马拉雅山里 |
[02:07] | with the very best teachers in the world close by, | 向世界数一数二的大师学习 |
[02:09] | I still experienced the mind. | 我还是感受到心智的存在 |
[02:12] | It was sort of ticking away in the background. | 它在背后潜伏著 |
[02:15] | And for most of us, right, our minds are quite busy most of the time, | 对大部分的人来说 脑袋经常都很忙碌 |
[02:20] | almost like a little sort of monkey jumping around, never really stopping, | 就像活蹦乱跳、永不静止的小猴子 |
[02:23] | never taking the time to rest. | 永远不休息 |
[02:26] | And I think because of that, we tend to feel quite tired. | 我想我们正因此容易觉得累 |
[02:30] | We often feel overwhelmed. | 我们常常感到不知所措 |
[02:33] | We don’t necessarily know how to experience a sense of rest and relaxation. | 我们不一定知道该如何休息和放松 |
[02:39] | So what we usually do in that situation | 这时候,我们通常会 |
[02:41] | is to try and think our way out of the problem. | 试著用想的来解决问题 |
[02:43] | So we’re essentially using the monkey to try and control the monkey. | 基本上就是用猴子来控制猴子 |
[02:51] | And so we need to find a way of letting go | 所以我们得想办法放下 |
[02:55] | not only by creating the conditions around us in life | 不只是借由创造生活环境的条件 |
[02:59] | that are conducive to relaxation | 使我们更容易放松 |
[03:02] | but also internally understanding how we can find relaxation in the mind. | 也要向内探索 了解我们能如何放松心智 |
[03:09] | What we need to do is to create an environment | 我们要做的是创造一个 |
[03:12] | where we can naturally let go. | 可以自然放下的环境 |
[03:16] | The way this was explained to me was by one of my teachers in the monastery. | 僧院的一位老师是这样向我解释的 |
[03:21] | He said, “Imagine the blue sky.” | 他要我想像一片蓝天 |
[03:25] | He said, “The blue sky is your mind.” | 他说:“蓝天就是你的心智” |
[03:28] | Now, this blue sky always exists. | 这片蓝天永远存在 |
[03:30] | Sure, there are days when the sky is very cloudy, | 当然,有时候云朵很多 |
[03:33] | and clouds being our thoughts, we may not necessarily see the blue sky. | 而云朵就是思绪 所以不见得看得到蓝天 |
[03:38] | In fact, we may go through long periods in our life | 事实上,人生中可能很长一段时间 |
[03:40] | when there are so many clouds in the sky | 天空中的云朵多到 |
[03:43] | that we forget what the blue sky even looks like, | 我们甚至忘了蓝天的样子 |
[03:46] | but that doesn’t mean that the blue sky has gone anywhere. | 但那不表示蓝天不见了 |
[03:49] | And once we start thinking of the mind in that way, | 我们一旦用那样的方式看待心智 |
[03:53] | we’re actually simply creating the conditions | 我们其实就是在创造 |
[03:56] | to allow the clouds of thoughts to disperse | 让思绪云朵消散的条件 |
[04:00] | so that we can experience more of the blue sky. | 好让我们见到更多的蓝天 |
[04:03] | You don’t need to go anywhere to find it. It’s ever-present. | 蓝天一直存在著,你不需要向外寻找 |
[04:10] | So visualization can sometimes seem a little tricky at first, | 想像技巧一开始可能看似棘手 |
[04:13] | but our difficulties with it | 但我们之所以觉得困难 |
[04:16] | normally have more to do with the way we’re approaching it | 通常是与想像的方式有关 |
[04:19] | rather than the technique itself. And the good news is | 而不是技巧本身很困难 好消息是 |
[04:21] | it’s actually quite an easy technique to learn. | 这其实很容易学 |
[04:24] | Now, in this particular technique, we’re going to imagine | 在这个技巧中,我们要想像 |
[04:28] | a warm flow of light | 一团温暖的光 |
[04:30] | coming down through the top of the head and into the body. | 从头顶往下经过全身 |
[04:33] | And as we’re doing that, we might think to ourselves, | 此时我们可能会想 |
[04:35] | “Okay, I’ve really got to get this right. | “我一定要把这件事做对 |
[04:36] | I’ve really got to make it clear in my mind.” | 我一定要有清晰的想像” |
[04:39] | And we start trying to imagine. We essentially overthink the exercise. | 我们开始努力想像 但这基本上已经过度思考这个练习了 |
[04:45] | We worry, “Should the light be small? | 我们会担心 “这团光应该小小的吗? |
[04:47] | Should it be big? Should it be round? Should it be square?” | 还是应该大一点? 应该是圆的还是方的?” |
[04:50] | Kind of get in our own way. | 这些想法妨碍了我们 |
[04:53] | So with this particular exercise, | 所以这次的练习 |
[04:54] | we’re gonna take a slightly different approach. | 我们要采取稍微不同的方法 |
[04:57] | In fact, take a moment right now to imagine a place that you really enjoy. | 现在想像一个你很喜欢的地方 |
[05:07] | So just picture that place in your mind. | 在脑海里想像那个地方 |
[05:10] | Might be the colors, the shapes. | 或许是颜色、形状 |
[05:14] | Maybe it’s the sounds, the smells. | 或许是声音、气味 |
[05:17] | So my guess is | 我猜 |
[05:19] | that right now that image naturally comes to mind. | 你立刻就想像出画面了 |
[05:22] | You just see it, right? | 就在你眼前,对吧? |
[05:24] | And it may even remain in the mind for a few seconds | 画面甚至会在脑中停留几秒 |
[05:27] | without any real effort to try and keep it there. | 没有刻意去想,它就在那里 |
[05:31] | So it’s this gentle, relaxed approach | 这种温和、放松的方法 |
[05:34] | that works really well for visualization. | 对想像技巧非常有效 |
[05:36] | So remember, it doesn’t require any great effort. | 记住,不需要太过刻意想像 |
[05:41] | So focus less on the clarity of the image | 不要那么专注在画面的清晰度 |
[05:44] | and more on the feeling that it brings to the meditation, | 而是把专注力 放在画面带给冥想的感觉 |
[05:47] | and in time, that image will naturally become clearer. | 那个画面自然会越来越清晰 |
[05:51] | [birds chirping] | |
[05:54] | [chimes play] | |
[05:56] | As we meditate more frequently, we get more comfortable with it. | 我们冥想的次数越频繁 就会越熟悉这个技巧 |
[06:01] | And then we not only get the benefits during the meditation, | 届时我们不只能在冥想当下获得益处 |
[06:04] | but it also carries on and over into the rest of our life. | 那种感受也能带到日常生活中 |
[06:11] | Now, there’s actually a scientific reason for this. | 这其实是有科学根据的 |
[06:14] | There’s something changing inside of our brain as we meditate. | 我们冥想时,脑中会产生变化 |
[06:19] | In an amazing study, | 哈佛大学的莎拉拉扎医生 |
[06:21] | Dr. Sara Lazar of Harvard University | 做了一项惊人的研究 |
[06:23] | helped show how after just eight weeks of meditation training, | 结果发现,经过短短八周的冥想训练 |
[06:27] | we can actually bring about physical changes to the areas of the brain | 大脑中与学习和记忆有关的区域 |
[06:31] | associated with learning and memory. | 真的产生了实际变化 |
[06:35] | So those parts of the brain actually increased in size, | 那些区域变大了 |
[06:38] | and the part that’s associated with anxiety and stress actually grew smaller. | 而与焦虑和压力有关的区域缩小了 |
[06:44] | Sara helped show that after just eight weeks of practice, | 莎拉的研究显示经过短短八周的练习 |
[06:47] | there were substantial changes. | 就能造成这么大的改变 |
[06:49] | Now, obviously, if we don’t continue to practice, | 如果我们不继续练习 |
[06:52] | we won’t necessarily continue to experience those benefits. | 我们可能就无法继续获得那些益处 |
[06:55] | But it’s really interesting to know that there are physical changes | 但有趣的是,除了生理上的改变 |
[06:58] | as well as psychological changes taking place. | 心理上也有改变 |
[07:05] | Okay. Now it’s time to put this all together. | 好,现在该统整这一切了 |
[07:07] | I’m gonna guide you through a meditation. | 我会引导你冥想 |
[07:10] | So as always, just take a moment | 一如往常,花几分钟的时间 |
[07:12] | to make sure that you are comfortable in your surroundings. | 确保周遭的环境能让你感到舒适 |
[07:16] | Maybe decide whether you’d like to do this meditation | 想一下冥想时 |
[07:18] | lying down, sitting up, | 要躺下还是坐著 |
[07:21] | eyes open, eyes closed, | 睁眼或闭眼 |
[07:23] | whatever feels most natural and most comfortable to you. | 找到最自然、自在的姿势就好 |
[07:29] | So just as you’re getting comfortable, | 调整舒适的姿势时 |
[07:32] | just a reminder that your mind is still gonna think. | 我要提醒一下,你的思绪会继续飘 |
[07:35] | Don’t be frustrated if thoughts arise. | 如果有思绪浮现,不必感到气馁 |
[07:37] | The mind will naturally wander. | 心智漫游是很正常的事情 |
[07:40] | Our only job is to notice when it wanders | 我们要做的就只是发现思绪飘走了 |
[07:42] | and then to gently come back to our object of focus, | 然后慢慢回到专注点上就好 |
[07:45] | which today is gonna be this image in our mind. | 我们今天的专注点就是脑海中的画面 |
[07:50] | The more effort we apply, | 我们越刻意想像 |
[07:51] | the less relaxing the exercise feels. | 这个练习就会感到越紧绷 |
[07:54] | So use this as an opportunity to really step back | 所以利用这个机会退后一步 |
[07:57] | and find a sense of ease in your body and in your mind. | 找到身心逍遥自在的感觉 |
[08:02] | What we’re looking for is already here, that idea of the blue sky. | 我们要找的那片蓝天本来就存在 |
[08:07] | We don’t have to try and change something in the mind. | 我们不需要刻意改变心智中的东西 |
[08:10] | It’s simply creating the conditions for the clouds to part. | 只要创造条件,让云朵消散就好 |
[08:17] | We’re gonna begin with the eyes open | 先将眼睛张开 |
[08:20] | and nice soft focus, | 眼神要徐缓但专注 |
[08:21] | just aware of the space around you. | 只要留心周遭环境就好 |
[08:25] | So not staring at one thing | 不用盯著特定的东西看 |
[08:28] | but just seeing everything very softly. | 而是柔和地看著眼前的一切 |
[08:36] | And just maintaining that focus, taking a couple of big, deep breaths. | 继续保持专注,做几次深长的呼吸 |
[08:40] | Breathing in through the nose… | 用鼻子吸气 |
[08:45] | and out through the mouth. | 用嘴巴吐气 |
[09:09] | As you breathe in, noticing how the lungs expand, | 吸气时感受肺部扩张 |
[09:13] | the body filling with air. | 身体充满空气 |
[09:17] | As you breathe out, | 吐气时 |
[09:20] | a sense of ease as the muscles in the body soften. | 感受身体肌肉放松的感觉 |
[09:26] | And just one more time, breathing in through the nose… | 最后一次,用鼻子吸气 |
[09:33] | and out through the mouth. | 用嘴巴吐气 |
[09:38] | And if you’d like to, you can just gently close your eyes now. | 要的话也能轻闭双眼 |
[09:48] | And take a moment… | 花点时间 |
[09:52] | just to enjoy that feeling of having stopped, having paused. | 享受这种停下来的感觉 |
[09:58] | Nothing to do, nowhere to go. | 不用去别的地方,不用做其他事情 |
[10:11] | And just feeling that sensation | 只要感受 |
[10:14] | of the body pressing down, the weight of the body pressing down… | 身体的重量往下沉 |
[10:20] | against the seat beneath you, the floor beneath you. | 沉到座位或身体下方的地板上 |
[10:30] | As always, just checking in with the body, with the space around you, | 一如往常,检视身体感受和周遭空间 |
[10:34] | maybe noticing any sounds around you, | 或许你会注意到周围有声音 |
[10:39] | noticing any resistance to those sounds. | 注意到你对那些声音的反抗 |
[10:43] | Just allowing everything just to come and go. | 只要让一切来来去去就好 |
[10:58] | And as you sit there or as you lie there, | 不管你是坐著或躺著 |
[11:05] | just noticing how the body feels today. | 只要留意身体今天的感觉 |
[11:10] | Perhaps even any areas where you feel | 或许有某些地方 |
[11:13] | that maybe you’re holding on to a little bit of tension… | 还抓著一些紧绷感 |
[11:19] | areas that would benefit from letting go. | 那些能够受惠于放下的地方 |
[11:31] | And just for a few moments, just noticing how the body’s breathing, | 停留一下,留意身体的呼吸 |
[11:35] | that rising and falling sensation. | 感受起伏 |
[11:40] | Don’t need to do anything with it. | 不用做任何事 |
[11:45] | Taking a moment to rest the attention there. | 只要花点时间把专注力放在那里 |
[12:06] | Imagine that above your head | 想像你的头上 |
[12:09] | is a steady flow of warm sunlight | 有一团稳定的温暖的阳光 |
[12:14] | flowing down into the body, | 往下穿过全身 |
[12:17] | all the way down towards the feet and the toes. | 一直到双脚、脚趾 |
[12:23] | We’re going to imagine | 我们要想像 |
[12:26] | that this sunlight fills the body. | 阳光充满全身 |
[12:30] | And as it fills the body, it’s just gonna melt away | 阳光充满全身时 |
[12:33] | any discomfort, any tension. | 会融化掉任何不舒服 任何紧绷 |
[12:37] | Just softening the body, | 让全身变得柔软 |
[12:40] | softening the mind. So we’re going to start down at the toes. | 让心智变得柔软 我们要从脚趾开始 |
[12:44] | So again, imagining that steady sunlight flowing down through the body… | 再一次想像稳定的阳光穿过全身 |
[12:53] | filling the toes… | 填满脚趾 |
[12:57] | the feet… | 双脚 |
[13:01] | up past the ankles and into the lower half of the legs. | 往上到脚踝,接著到小腿 |
[13:11] | So once you set it in motion, it’s as though it’s just happening. | 一旦开始,这就像自然发生的事情 |
[13:16] | Sometimes we’re aware of it. | 有时我们会意识到 |
[13:19] | Sometimes the mind wanders off. | 有时我们的思绪又会飘走 |
[13:22] | Whenever the mind wanders, we just gently bring it back again… | 心智漫游的时候 只要慢慢把专注力带回来 |
[13:27] | to that image in the mind. | 回到脑海中的画面 |
[13:28] | So again, as that sunlight moves through the body, | 阳光在全身移动 |
[13:31] | just melting any tension… | 融化掉任何紧绷的地方 |
[13:34] | moving into the upper half of the legs… | 往上到大腿 |
[13:41] | and the muscles just softening. | 肌肉变得柔软 |
[13:46] | As it continues up towards the pelvis, | 阳光继续往上 |
[13:51] | the waist. | 到骨盆、腰部 |
[13:53] | In any muscles, any tension, | 身体的任何肌肉、紧绷 |
[13:57] | just softening, | 都被软化 |
[13:59] | dissolving | 并消融 |
[14:02] | in that sunlight. | 在阳光里 |
[14:10] | As it continues up through the stomach and the lower back… | 继续穿过腹部、下背 |
[14:17] | and any tension just melting away. | 融化掉所有紧绷 |
[14:28] | It continues… | 阳光继续移动 |
[14:33] | up towards the chest and the upper back. | 往上到胸部和上背 |
[14:46] | Any tension just dissolving in the sunlight. | 任何紧绷都在阳光中消融 |
[14:55] | Just still that center sunlight coming down from above the head into the body, | 再继续想像阳光从头上进入身体里 |
[15:00] | flowing down, now past the shoulders, | 现在经过肩膀 |
[15:05] | down the arms… | 往下到手臂 |
[15:10] | and towards the hands | 再往双手移动 |
[15:12] | and the fingers and thumbs. | 到手指、拇指 |
[15:28] | As it travels down the arms, again, just melting any tension. | 往下移动到手臂时,同样融化掉紧绷 |
[15:35] | The body just letting go. | 全身完全放松 |
[15:49] | As it continues to flow down, now filling | 阳光继续往下 |
[15:53] | the area of the neck and the throat, | 现在填满脖子和喉咙 |
[15:56] | just everything softening into the jaw… | 下巴变得柔软 |
[16:03] | and lower jaw, upper jaw, behind the nose, behind the eyes. | 下颚、上颚、鼻后和双眼后方 |
[16:12] | Any tension… | 任何紧绷 |
[16:16] | just drifting away… | 都消失无踪 |
[16:33] | until that sunlight reaches the very top of the head. | 直到阳光到达头顶 |
[16:37] | So even though the entire body | 尽管全身 |
[16:41] | is now filled with that sunlight, | 都充满著阳光 |
[16:44] | that sense of ease, that sense of warmth, that sense of space, | 那种舒适、温暖和空间感 |
[16:49] | we still imagine | 我们继续想像 |
[16:51] | that it continues. | 阳光持续移动 |
[17:03] | And you can let go of the focus on that image | 你可以放下对于这个画面的专注力 |
[17:07] | but allow the feeling to remain… | 但让感觉继续停留 |
[17:13] | as you bring your attention back… | 将专注力带回来… |
[17:18] | to the body, back to that feeling of contact, | 带回到身体,回到那种接触的感觉 |
[17:23] | back to the sounds and the space around you. | 回到你身边的声音和空间 |
[17:47] | You can gently open your eyes whenever you feel ready… | 等你准备好,再轻轻地张开眼睛 |
[17:57] | but as always, taking a moment | 但跟往常一样,停留一下 |
[18:00] | to notice how the body feels, | 观察身体的感受 |
[18:04] | to notice how the mind feels, | 留意你给自己这几分钟的时间 |
[18:06] | having taken a few minutes out for yourself. | 心智有什么感受 |
[18:16] | So hopefully, you were able to feel a greater sense of lightness today, | 希望你今天有更轻盈的感觉 |
[18:20] | a greater sense of letting go. | 更加如释重负的感觉 |
[18:23] | But if that didn’t immediately happen, don’t worry. | 如果没立刻产生这种感受,别担心 |
[18:25] | It can take | 有时需要一点时间 |
[18:26] | a little while to get comfortable, to get familiar with these exercises. | 熟悉这些技巧、感到自在 |
[18:30] | And even if you didn’t feel anything just yet, | 就算你还没有任何感受 |
[18:33] | know that there are very real changes in the brain | 只要知道大脑和心智中的改变 |
[18:36] | and in the mind that are already starting to happen. -[upbeat music playing] -[birds chirping] | 已经开始发生真实的变化 |
[18:42] | As always, meditation only gets better with practice, | 冥想和其他的事情一样也是熟能生巧 |
[18:45] | so please join me for episode three, where we’re going to explore gratitude, | 请继续收看第三集,我们将探讨感激 |
[18:50] | how we can have a greater sense of appreciation in our life, | 我们如何能在生活中 获得更大的感激之情 |
[18:53] | and how we can fall back in love with life again. | 以及如何再次爱上生活 |
[18:56] | I’ll see you then. | 到时候见 |
[19:00] | [electronic music playing] |