时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [Andy] When was the last time | 上一次 |
[00:07] | that someone really annoyed you? | 有人真的惹毛你 |
[00:09] | The last time they did something to you that made you really angry? | 让你大发怒火是什么时候? |
[00:13] | You know, the kind of anger that makes your blood boil? | 就是那种让你热血沸腾的怒气 |
[00:17] | In this episode, we’re going to explore feelings of anger towards another person | 我们本集要探讨对他人的怒气 |
[00:21] | and see how we can use a meditation technique | 以及如何能运用慈悲这个冥想技巧 |
[00:24] | known as “skillful compassion” to help manage | 来应对,甚至将怒气 |
[00:27] | and perhaps even transform that anger into something more positive. [soft music playing] | 转变成更正面的东西 |
[00:40] | Hi, I’m Andy, and welcome to Headspace Guide to Meditation. | 嗨,我是安迪 欢迎来到《冥想正念指南》 |
[00:49] | So there was one particular monastery that I was in, where I was a sort of a junior monk, | 我在某一间僧院算是很资浅的僧侣 |
[00:54] | and I was given lots of different jobs to do. | 我被分派了各式各样的工作 |
[00:57] | And one day, I was asked to cut the grass. | 有天,他们叫我去割草 |
[01:01] | Now, they had a lawn mower, but when I was asked to do this task | 虽然有割草机 |
[01:04] | of cutting the grass, I was given a pair of scissors. | 但当我被分派到割草工作时 我只拿到一把剪刀 |
[01:07] | So once I got past the initial surprise, I knelt down, and I began the job. | 我一开始很吃惊 但立刻跪下来开始做事 |
[01:12] | And I was chopping away with the scissors, every now and again, | 我用剪刀剪著,时不时 |
[01:16] | sort of just bending down to see if it was straight. | 弯下来看有没有剪直 |
[01:20] | As I knelt there, and it was a little bit wet, | 我跪著做事时,地上有点湿 |
[01:22] | and, you know, I started to grumble in my mind. | 我开始在心中抱怨 |
[01:25] | And I didn’t really sort of catch it as it began, | 但一开始我并没有发现 |
[01:29] | so it started to steamroll quite fast. And I could still see, over my shoulder, | 所以怨气很快就变得一发不可收拾 |
[01:33] | this more senior monk who’d asked me to do the job | 而且我看得到那位要我割草的师兄 |
[01:36] | just sort of standing there watching me. | 就只是站在我后面看著我 |
[01:38] | And I started to feel perhaps… [chuckles] …a little bit resentful, | 我开始有点怨气 |
[01:41] | maybe even experiencing emotions that you might not expect | 甚至连你觉得佛教僧侣不会有的情绪 |
[01:45] | a Buddhist monk to experience. | 通通都浮现出来 |
[01:47] | But we’re all human beings. | 但我们都是凡人啊 |
[01:49] | And as I worked my way along the lawn, | 我继续割草 |
[01:52] | I found myself getting increasingly angry in my mind. | 发现自己越来越生气 |
[01:58] | [whooshing] | |
[02:01] | For all of us, there are moments in our life | 对我们所有人来说,生命中有些时刻 |
[02:04] | when someone has done something | 当某人做了什么事 |
[02:06] | where we immediately feel | 我们会立刻感觉到 |
[02:09] | that sense of anger or frustration, | 愤怒或挫折感 |
[02:13] | and we don’t really know what to do with it. | 我们不知道该怎么处理这些情绪 |
[02:16] | In those moments, it tends to either create a sense | 通常这些时候 |
[02:19] | of wanting to go on the defense | 我们要不是想防御 |
[02:21] | or wanting to go on the attack. | 就是想攻击 |
[02:24] | Either way, both mindsets are… are quite destructive | 不管是怎样,两种思维都有害 |
[02:28] | not only to ourselves and our own inner peace… | 不只对我们自己和内心的平静有害 |
[02:30] | [growls] | |
[02:31] | …but also to the relationships that we have with the people around us. | 对我们的人际关系也是如此 |
[02:36] | But there is another way. There’s a way of working with that anger, | 但还有另一种方法可以应对这种愤怒 |
[02:41] | essentially transforming the anger we feel, | 从本质上去改变我们愤怒的感受 |
[02:45] | changing that reactive mindset of wanting to blame the other person, | 改变那种想责怪对方的反应 |
[02:49] | and instead, | 取而代之的 |
[02:50] | proactively wanting that other person | 是主动希望那个人 |
[02:54] | to be happy in that moment. | 在那一刻能感到开心 |
[02:57] | So ironically, when we focus on the happiness of others, | 讽刺的是,我们专注在他人的快乐时 |
[03:01] | we actually begin to experience happiness for ourselves. | 自己也会开始感到快乐 |
[03:06] | More often than not, | 很多时候 |
[03:08] | we find a point of resolution in our relationships. | 我们人际关系的问题就能迎刃而解 |
[03:13] | And I know this sounds like a counterintuitive idea, | 我知道这听起来像是违反直觉的想法 |
[03:17] | but I remember my teacher at the monastery telling me | 但我记得僧院的老师告诉我 |
[03:20] | that when we focus our attention on ourselves | 当我们把注意力放在自己身上 |
[03:22] | and purely on our own happiness, the mind tends to shrink in a sense | 纯粹只在乎自己的幸福时 心智可说是会缩小 |
[03:26] | because our worldview gets smaller as we look inward. | 因为我们的世界观 会随著我们向内看而变小 |
[03:29] | But as we shift our focus, | 但当我们开始往外看 |
[03:32] | as we start looking outward, the mind gets wider. | 注意力往外时,心智就会变得更宽广 |
[03:34] | Our worldview expands. It gets bigger. It gets softer. | 世界观会扩大,变得越来越柔软 |
[03:39] | Essentially, it’s more open. | 也就是变得更开放了 |
[03:46] | So today I’d like to introduce you to a meditation technique | 我今天想向你们分享的冥想技巧 |
[03:49] | called “skillful compassion.” | 称为慈悲 |
[03:51] | Now the purpose of practicing skillful compassion | 练习慈悲技巧的目的 |
[03:54] | is to find a way to transform our anger towards others. | 是找到办法转变我们对他人的愤怒 |
[03:58] | The idea is that in life, | 基本概念是 |
[03:59] | typically, we hold on to everything that we like, | 我们经常抓著喜欢的东西不放 |
[04:02] | and we try to push away everything we don’t like. | 并推开我们不喜欢的一切 |
[04:05] | And of course, that happens in our relationships too. | 当然这在人际关系中也是如此 |
[04:09] | With this technique, we’re flipping the entire thing on its head, | 慈悲技巧会完全翻转这个概念 |
[04:11] | and we’re putting the happiness of others before our own | 把他人的幸福置于自己的幸福之前 |
[04:14] | or at least saying it is as important. | 或至少知道他人的幸福 和自身幸福同等重要 |
[04:19] | So as we breathe in, we might imagine breathing in | 我们吸气时,可以想像吸入的是 |
[04:22] | the difficulties that that other person is having. | 他人正在经历的困难 |
[04:25] | And as we breathe out, we might imagine exchanging that | 吐气时,可以想像取代困难的 |
[04:28] | for all the good stuff we’ve ever experienced in our life. | 是我们经历过的美好事物 |
[04:32] | Now sharing these moments of good fortune with others, | 将我们的美好时刻分享给他人 |
[04:35] | as counterintuitive as it may sound, | 虽然听起来很违反直觉 |
[04:38] | can actually lead to a greater feeling of happiness in our own mind. | 但这真的能让你产生更大的幸福感 |
[04:46] | Meditation’s influence on our emotional reactivity | 冥想对我们情绪反应的影响 |
[04:50] | is an area of growing interest within the scientific community. | 是科学界越来越感兴趣的领域 |
[04:54] | A team of researchers in Spain wanted to explore | 西班牙的一组研究员 |
[04:57] | how strong that connection is. | 想了解这其中的关联有多深 |
[04:59] | So they decided to study the effects of meditation | 所以他们决定研究 |
[05:02] | on the aggressive behavior of a group of high school students in class. | 冥想对攻击行为的影响 受试者是一群高中生 |
[05:07] | Now, those who’d been sent more than five times | 那些因为品行不佳而被送去辅导室 |
[05:09] | to the school’s counseling room because of their bad behavior | 超过五次的学生 |
[05:13] | were chosen for this particular study. | 是这项研究的目标对象 |
[05:15] | About half of them practiced meditation for ten weeks, | 有一半的人练习冥想十周 |
[05:18] | and the other half didn’t. | 另一半人没有练习 |
[05:21] | And it turns out that the meditating group showed significant reductions | 研究发现 |
[05:25] | in aggression levels and impulsive behavior | 冥想组在攻击程度 和冲动行为上 |
[05:28] | compared to the control group. | 比控制组少很多 |
[05:32] | Now, these results may have important implications | 这些研究或许具有重要意义 |
[05:35] | not just for academic success | 不只是学术上的成功 |
[05:38] | but for improving teens’ relationships with others. | 这也能改善青少年与他人的关系 |
[05:40] | -[indistinct chattering] -[soft music playing] | |
[05:43] | So let’s now apply this idea of transforming anger | 我们现在练习这个转换愤怒的想法 |
[05:46] | as we meditate together | 一起冥想 |
[05:47] | using the technique of skillful compassion. | 运用慈悲技巧 |
[05:51] | You can do this eyes open or eyes closed, | 眼睛要张开或闭上都可以 |
[05:53] | whatever is most comfortable for you. | 只要觉得舒适就好 |
[05:56] | So as you’re getting comfortable, | 找到舒适的姿势后 |
[05:58] | remember, the mind will continue to think. | 记住,思绪乱飘是很正常的 |
[06:01] | Allow the thoughts to come and go. | 让思绪来来去去就好 |
[06:05] | When it comes to this particular technique, | 这个技巧 |
[06:08] | it’s so different from everything that we have done in life. | 与我们平时所做的一切截然不同 |
[06:13] | So give it time. Again, know that it is a practice, | 给它一点时间 要知道这是练习 |
[06:17] | something that we will keep on doing over time. | 我们不会只做这么一次 |
[06:20] | And in that practice, we start to find | 随著练习累积 |
[06:23] | a… a greater sense of familiarity and comfort. [soft music fades out] | 我们会开始觉得熟悉与自在 |
[06:29] | So leaving all of that behind now, | 现在抛下这一切 |
[06:32] | just take a moment to begin with the eyes open, | 先将眼睛张开 |
[06:36] | a soft focus, | 眼神要徐缓但专注 |
[06:39] | just aware of the space around you. | 只要留心周遭环境就好 |
[06:45] | And maintaining that soft focus, | 继续保持徐缓但专注的眼神 |
[06:48] | just taking a couple of big, deep breaths, breathing in through the nose… | 做几次深长的呼吸,用鼻子吸气 |
[06:55] | and out through the mouth. | 用嘴巴吐气 |
[07:00] | Each time as you breathe in, just aware as the body | 每次吸气时感受身体 |
[07:04] | inhales that fresh air. | 吸入新鲜空气 |
[07:07] | And as you breathe out, | 吐气时 |
[07:08] | just noticing how the muscles in the body begin to soften and release… | 只要观察身体肌肉开始放松 |
[07:17] | and as you feel the weight of the body begin to sink down. | 感受身体的重量下沉 |
[07:23] | And with the next out-breath, | 下一次吐气 |
[07:25] | if you’d like to, just gently closing the eyes. | 要的话也能轻闭双眼 |
[07:32] | And for a moment, | 停留一下 |
[07:35] | just pause, no need to do anything. | 暂停片刻,什么都不必做 |
[07:37] | Just enjoying that feeling of having stopped, | 享受这种停下来的感觉 |
[07:40] | of being still. | 静止的感觉 |
[07:48] | Just beginning to notice | 开始注意到 |
[07:50] | that feeling of the body pressing down against the seat or the floor. | 身体的重量压在座位或地板上 |
[08:03] | Maybe starting to notice the sounds around you. | 或许你会注意到周围有声音 |
[08:07] | And as always, don’t worry if there are sounds, | 一如往常,有声音也不用担心 |
[08:09] | just allowing the sounds to come and go | 只要让声音来来去去 |
[08:12] | in the same way as you allow the thoughts to come and go. | 就像让思绪来来去去一样 |
[08:24] | And just beginning to notice how the body feels today. | 开始留意身体今天的感觉 |
[08:31] | A sense of heaviness or lightness in the body. | 身体是沉重还是轻盈的 |
[08:41] | Is there a sense of restlessness or stillness in the body? | 有没有感到平静或是躁动不安? |
[08:54] | And as you become more aware of the physical sensations in the body, | 你将专注力带到身体的感觉时 |
[08:58] | just starting to notice the breath, | 开始注意呼吸 |
[09:01] | that movement of breath. | 呼吸的起伏 |
[09:04] | So no need to breathe in any special way, just noticing, | 不需要用特殊的方法呼吸,只要观察 |
[09:08] | as the body breathes, which parts of the body move… | 呼吸时,身体的哪一个部分 |
[09:14] | with that rising and falling sensation. | 有起伏的感觉 |
[09:20] | Might be the chest, | 或许是胸口 |
[09:22] | might be the diaphragm, | 或许是横膈膜 |
[09:24] | might be the stomach. | 也许是腹部 |
[09:27] | If you can’t feel anything at all, | 如果你感觉不到任何起伏 |
[09:28] | just gently placing your hand on the stomach. | 轻轻地把手放在肚子上 |
[09:33] | Just so you can feel that movement. | 感受上升和下降的感觉 |
[09:39] | And just staying with that | 在这里 |
[09:42] | for just a few seconds now. | 稍作停留 |
[10:10] | So just settling the body, | 让身体 |
[10:13] | settling the mind. | 和心智沉淀下来 |
[10:17] | And now I’d like you to imagine | 现在我要你想像 |
[10:23] | a person who has, in some way, | 一个在某种程度上 |
[10:28] | annoyed you, frustrated you, or given you the conditions | 惹你生气、让你气馁 |
[10:33] | to be annoyed or frustrated | 或是很容易惹你不高兴或让你气馁 |
[10:35] | or angry in some way. | 或生气的人 |
[10:39] | And I’d like you to picture them | 我要你想像那个人 |
[10:41] | sitting in front of you maybe six, eight feet away. | 坐在你前方,大约两公尺处 |
[10:49] | And I’d like you to just begin. | 我要你开始 |
[10:52] | Don’t worry if the picture’s not too clear at first. | 别担心一开始的画面不太清楚 |
[10:55] | I’d like you to begin by just getting comfortable | 我希望你先有个舒适的画面 |
[10:59] | with holding that image very gently in the mind, | 让画面停留在心中 |
[11:03] | whilst at the same time, | 同时 |
[11:06] | noticing the rhythm of breathing. | 注意呼吸的频率 |
[11:10] | So we’re not changing the breath in any way at all, | 我们完全不改变呼吸的方式 |
[11:14] | but we are aware of that rising and falling sensation, | 只是留意著上升和下降的感觉 |
[11:21] | the inhalation, the exhalation… | 吸气、呼气 |
[11:25] | whilst at the same time, seeing that other person in our mind. | 同时在心中看著你所想的人 |
[11:32] | And we might already feel perhaps a bit of tension in the body | 我们可能已经感受到想像那个人时 |
[11:37] | in imagining that person. | 身体产生了紧绷感 |
[11:40] | We already may experience | 当我们想到这个人 |
[11:42] | more thoughts than usual as we begin to think about | 还有与他有关的情况时,可能开始有 |
[11:47] | that person, the situation. | 比平常更多的思绪 |
[11:49] | As much as possible, just allowing the thoughts to come and go. | 尽量让思绪来来去去 |
[11:55] | But very slowly, in your own time, just beginning… | 以自己的步调,慢慢开始… |
[12:01] | to imagine | 想像 |
[12:04] | that with every in-breath, | 每次吸气 |
[12:07] | you’re breathing in | 你吸入的是 |
[12:09] | anything that that other person is struggling with right now. | 那个人正在挣扎的事情 |
[12:14] | It might be a busy and agitated mind. | 或许是忙碌、躁动的心智 |
[12:19] | They might be struggling with difficult emotions. | 或许是难以处理的情绪 |
[12:24] | They might be struggling with their physical health. | 也许是有健康问题 |
[12:28] | Might even be different things going on in their life. | 各式各样的困难都有可能 |
[12:30] | There’s just a sense that, if you could, | 你只要去感觉,如果你有办法的话 |
[12:33] | if you were able to remove all of their difficulty | 你能替他们排除困难 |
[12:38] | so they could be happy, | 让他们快乐 |
[12:40] | you would do that with each and every in-breath. | 你能经由每次吸气办到 |
[12:45] | At the same time with each out-breath, | 与此同时,每次吐气 |
[12:48] | we’re going to imagine just breathing out | 我们要想像吐出的是 |
[12:52] | everything good in our own life, the things that make us happy, | 我们自己人生的美好事物 让我们感到快乐 |
[12:57] | the things that bring us joy… | 带给我们欢乐的事情 |
[13:01] | and sharing that with that other person. | 并分享给对方 |
[13:05] | And we just stay with that idea, with that feeling of the breath, | 继续停留在这个想法里 感受呼吸起伏 |
[13:10] | the image of the person, and the idea of the exchange taking place. | 想像著那个人 以及交换快乐和困难 |
[13:16] | We don’t get more miserable… [chuckles] …as the exercise goes on. | 随著练习继续 我们并不会变得更悲惨 |
[13:21] | There’s plenty of happiness to go around. There’s just a sense of removing | 快乐是源源不断的,你只是要感觉 |
[13:25] | their difficulty, wanting them to be free | 移除了他们的困难 希望他们能够自由 |
[13:30] | from any kind of struggle in life, | 免除人生的任何挣扎 |
[13:33] | and at the same time, sharing with them a sense of happiness. | 并同时与他们分享幸福感 |
[13:39] | And as you do this, if you like, you can even imagine | 这么做的同时,要的话 |
[13:42] | the image of them in your mind starting to change. | 你也可以想像心中画面开始改变 |
[13:45] | Maybe that person | 也许那个人 |
[13:48] | is starting to look a bit more… [exhales] …relaxed. | 看起来稍微放松 |
[13:52] | A bit more at ease. | 更自在一点了 |
[13:56] | Maybe you see a smile on their face. | 也许你看到他们脸上露出笑容 |
[14:01] | Just a sense that something is happening. | 就是一种有所不同 |
[14:04] | Something is changing. | 有所改变的感觉 |
[14:11] | And just staying with that for a few seconds more. | 再继续停留几秒钟 |
[14:28] | And then allowing that image of the other person to dissolve | 接著让那个人的画面消散 |
[14:34] | into space but allowing the feeling to remain. | 到空间中,但让感觉继续停留 |
[14:37] | Just gently bringing the attention back once again to the body, | 轻轻地将专注力带回到身体 |
[14:42] | to that feeling of contact. | 回到那种接触的感觉 |
[14:47] | And whenever you’re ready, you can gently open the eyes. | 等你准备好再轻轻地张开眼睛 |
[14:53] | So as always, take a moment to notice how it feels in your mind | 但跟往常一样,停留一下 观察心理的感受 |
[14:57] | and in your body. | 和身体的感受 |
[15:00] | And as always, | 一如往常 |
[15:01] | plant the seed, the intention to carry this quality of mind with you | 种下意念的种子 |
[15:06] | from your meditation into your everyday life. | 将冥想中的觉察 带入日常生活中 |
[15:09] | This is a really different kind of technique. | 这是很不一样的技巧 |
[15:12] | As I said at the beginning, it takes a little bit of practice. | 如我在一开始说的,这需要一点练习 |
[15:15] | It can feel strange, even alien at first. | 起初会感觉很奇怪,甚至觉得陌生 |
[15:19] | But with practice, | 但经过练习 |
[15:20] | it can really have a profound impact on our lives. | 这能对生活带来深远的影响 |
[15:24] | [soft music playing] | |
[15:26] | So I hope you enjoyed today’s technique and that you’ll find a way | 希望你喜欢今天的技巧 |
[15:30] | of bringing it into your life not just through the meditation | 也找到方法 将它带到日常生活中,不只透过冥想 |
[15:33] | but in other areas of your life as well. | 而是在生活上的其他方面都能应用 |
[15:36] | And please do join me for the next episode, | 希望你可以继续收看下一集 |
[15:38] | where we’ll be closing out the series whilst exploring | 在本系列的最后一集中 |
[15:41] | how we can come to a place of inner peace | 我们将探索如何找到内心平静的地方 |
[15:44] | whilst, at the same time, achieving our limitless potential in the world. | 同时发挥在世界上的无限潜能 |
[15:49] | I’ll see you then. | 到时候见 |
[15:55] | [soft music continues] |