时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:11] | I’m gonna grab coffee. | 我去倒咖啡 |
[03:12] | – You want some? – I had some on the plane. | -你要吗 -我在飞机上喝过了 |
[03:20] | Excuse me. May I? | 打扰下 我能喝吗 |
[03:23] | Students are welcome to everything. | 学生什么都可以享用 |
[03:36] | – Cold season. – Sorry, what? | -季节寒冷 -你说什么 |
[03:39] | I was just saying it’s cold season. | 我说季节寒冷 |
[03:48] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[03:51] | – How are you? Welcome. – Thank you. | -你好吗 欢迎 -谢谢 |
[03:53] | How’s your family? | 你家人怎么样 |
[03:55] | Since when do you care about any of that? | 你什么时候关心过这些了 |
[03:57] | I’m adopting a facade of caring. | 假装关心下 |
[04:00] | – You want to dive in? – Yeah. | -你想开始吗 -嗯 |
[04:03] | Here he is. | 他来了 |
[04:04] | Dr. Wendy Carr, my partner Holden Ford. | 温迪·卡尔博士 我搭档霍顿·福特 |
[04:07] | Dr. Carr. | 卡尔博士 |
[04:08] | Agent Ford. I’ve read a lot about you. | 福特探员 我看过很多你的东西 |
[04:11] | – About me? – Your notes. | -我 -你的笔记 |
[04:14] | Uh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:15] | Okay, um, let’s go to my office. | 好 那就去我办公室吧 |
[04:20] | I’m glad this worked out. | 很开心我们能见面 |
[04:22] | When you sent me your notes from the Kemper meetings, | 你把你和坎伯会面的笔记寄给我的时候 |
[04:24] | I was in a real rut with my new book. | 我正忙着写我的新书 |
[04:26] | – What’s your book about? – It’s about white-collar criminals, | -关于什么的 -白领罪犯 |
[04:29] | men not so different to your Edmund Kemper. | 和你的艾德蒙·坎伯类似 |
[04:31] | How do you think the men you study are similar to Edmund Kemper? | 你为什么觉得你研究的男人和艾德蒙·坎伯类似 |
[04:34] | Well, first of all, they’re all psychopaths. | 首先 他们都是精神病患 |
[04:37] | I study captains of industry: | 我研究行业中的佼佼者 |
[04:39] | IBM, MGM, Ford, Exxon, you name it. | IBM 米高梅 福特 埃克森美孚等等 |
[04:42] | And sure, these men all have wives, kids, dogs, goldfish, | 当然 这些人都有妻儿 狗 金鱼 |
[04:46] | but not because they stopped being psychopaths, | 但不是因为他们不再是精神病患了 |
[04:48] | but because they just had different leanings. | 而是因为他们有不同的倾向 |
[04:50] | But you think they have the same underlying personality traits? | 但你觉得他们有相同的潜在人格特质 |
[04:53] | Well, Kemper shows a total lack of remorse, | 坎伯没有丝毫懊悔之意 |
[04:55] | a lack of inner emotional structure, | 缺乏内在情感结构 |
[04:58] | no ability to reflect on the experience of others. | 没有能力反思别人的经历 |
[05:01] | – You saw this in my notes? – It would’ve been clearer | -这是你在我笔记中看到的吗 -是的 不过 |
[05:03] | if you’d recorded and transcribed your interviews verbatim, | 要是你有录音并逐字转录你们的谈话 |
[05:06] | but yeah. | 那就更明了了 |
[05:07] | Although your project is obviously in the nascent stages, | 尽管你的项目还处于初期阶段 |
[05:10] | it already feels like a clear successor to The Mask of Sanity, | 但已经感觉可以做《理智的面具》的接替品 |
[05:13] | which, as you know, is quite a compliment. | 这是莫大的赞许 |
[05:16] | Repeat that? The Mask of… | 你能再说一遍吗 什么的面具 |
[05:17] | So you’re saying you don’t think this, | 所以你是说 你并不觉得我们 |
[05:19] | us interviewing these killers, is crazy? | 约谈这些杀手很疯狂吗 |
[05:22] | Just the opposite. | 正好相反 |
[05:23] | I mean, crazy in the way that anyone with a truly new idea is crazy. | 我是说 有新想法当然很疯狂 |
[05:27] | – But no. – Wow, okay. | -但你们的访问并不疯狂 -好吧 |
[05:29] | That’s a relief. | 真是松了口气 |
[05:31] | That hasn’t really been the feedback we’ve gotten so far. | 这和我们之前收到的反馈不太一致 |
[05:33] | Actually, this is the only feedback we’ve gotten so far. | 实际上 这是我们目前收到的唯一反馈 |
[05:36] | Well, these men are just sitting here, locked up. | 这些人被关在监狱里 |
[05:38] | And we’re too afraid of the morality of it | 由于道德方面的原因 |
[05:40] | to see the far-reaching value of their insights. | 我们太害怕去看到他们洞察力的深远价值 |
[05:42] | Far-reaching in law enforcement? | 对执法部门的价值吗 |
[05:44] | Into behavioral science, | 对行为科学 |
[05:46] | early detection, criminology, you name it. | 早期发现 犯罪学的价值等等 |
[05:49] | Oh, yes, yes. This is what I’ve been saying the whole time. | 没错 这是我一直以来的观点 |
[05:52] | Oh, have you? | 是吗 |
[05:52] | You need to put this on a more formal footing. | 你需要将这事正式化 |
[05:55] | It’s gonna take a lot of time and energy | 需要很多时间和精力 |
[05:56] | to expand it into a larger project with a specific questionnaire. | 才能将其扩张为一个附有详尽问卷的更大项目 |
[05:59] | 什么的面具 正式化 | |
[06:00] | Their family histories, | 他们的家族史 |
[06:02] | what their thoughts were on why they did it, | 他们对他们行凶原因的看法 |
[06:04] | when they were aroused during the killings, that sort of thing. | 在杀戮过程中何时产生性欲 这类内容 |
[06:07] | Then contrast, compare, and publish. | 然后对比 比较再发表 |
[06:10] | Publish? | 发表 |
[06:11] | Well, you can’t just circulate your findings within the FBI. | 你不能只在联调局内部传播你的发现 |
[06:14] | – I mean, maybe even turn it into a book. – A book? | -或者写成一本书 -书 |
[06:16] | Whoa. We appreciate the vote of confidence, | 谢谢你对我们这么有信心 |
[06:19] | but we weren’t allowed to send you those notes. | 但给你寄笔记其实都是违反规定的 |
[06:21] | – We can’t publicize what we’re doing. – Why not? | -我们在做的事不能公开 -为什么 |
[06:24] | Our department head gave us weekends only | 我们的部门主管只允许我们在周末做调查 |
[06:26] | and an office in the basement. | 提供的办公室在地下室 |
[06:28] | We still have students, we have Road School full-time. | 我们还有学生 全职的巡回教学 |
[06:30] | – We can’t just drop everything… – Road School? | -我们不能就这么丢下一切 -巡回教学 |
[06:32] | We travel around the country and teach FBI techniques to cops. | 我们在全国范围内教授警察联调局的技能 |
[06:36] | We’re seeing Benjamin Miller in Bridgewater this afternoon. | 今天下午我们还要去布里奇沃特看本杰明·米勒 |
[06:38] | Road School is what gives us | 因为巡回教学 |
[06:39] | the freedom to go out and interview these guys. | 我们才能外出去和这些人面谈 |
[06:41] | We can go bit by bit. | 我们可以一点一点来 |
[06:43] | Kemper and Miller and build out from there. | 从坎伯和米勒开始 |
[06:45] | Make a study in our free time, like you said. | 像你说的那样 在我们的空闲时间里做研究 |
[06:47] | I didn’t realize that this was so informal. | 我之前不知道你们的研究如此不正式 |
[06:49] | We could make it formal. We can do that easily. And then a book. | 我们可以将其转为正式的 很简单 然后出书 |
[06:53] | The successor to The Mask of… | 《什么的面具》的接替品 |
[06:55] | I guess I just wanted to get another set of eyes, | 我只是想听听别人的意见 |
[06:57] | see if you thought this was valuable from an academic standpoint. | 看从学术立场的角度讲 你是否觉得这有价值 |
[07:03] | Have you shown your Kemper notes to your department head? | 你给部门主管看过关于坎伯的笔记了吗 |
[07:07] | No. | 没有 |
[07:08] | Teaching police departments, can someone else do that? | 能让别人去警察局授课吗 |
[07:10] | – Anyone can, it’s really not that hard. – That is not true, | -任何人都行 并不难 -才不是 |
[07:13] | and it’s beside the point. | 而且这也不是重点 |
[07:14] | Shepard doesn’t even want us to talk about this. | 谢帕德甚至不希望我们谈论这个 |
[07:16] | You really think he’s going | 你真觉得他会同意 |
[07:17] | to say yes to a full-time academic study? | 让我们全职搞学术研究吗 |
[07:20] | Never mind a book? | 更别说出书了 |
[07:24] | Do you really think people would be | 你真觉得执法部门以外的人 |
[07:25] | interested in this outside of law enforcement? | 也会对这个感兴趣吗 |
[07:28] | I mean, imagine, | 想象下 |
[07:30] | like truly imagine what it takes to bludgeon someone to death. | 认真想象下什么原因才会使人要用棍棒打死别人 |
[07:35] | The lust for control, | 对控制的渴望 |
[07:37] | the feeling of arousal, | 性欲激起的感觉 |
[07:39] | the decision to rape the severed head of your victim, | 强奸受害者的断头 |
[07:43] | to humiliate her corpse. | 羞辱她尸体的决定 |
[07:46] | How could you possibly get that from an ordinary police report? | 普通的警察报告根本无法获得这些信息 |
[07:50] | You know why it took me nearly a decade to publish my book? | 知道为什么我花了近十年才出版我的书吗 |
[07:54] | Because narcissists don’t go to the doctor. | 因为自恋者不会去看医生 |
[07:57] | Psychopaths are convinced that there is nothing wrong with them. | 精神病人坚信自己没有问题 |
[08:00] | So these men are virtually impossible to study. | 所以这些人基本上无从研究 |
[08:03] | Yet you have found a way to | 然而你发现了一种办法 |
[08:04] | study them in near perfect laboratory conditions. | 能在近乎完美的实验室条件下研究他们 |
[08:08] | That’s what make this so exciting | 因此你的研究非常振奋人心 |
[08:10] | and potentially so far-reaching. | 且可能会对未来产生深远影响 |
[08:11] | It’s not that I disagree. | 我不是不同意你的看法 |
[08:13] | I’ve spent enough time with Holden | 我和霍尔顿共事够久了 |
[08:14] | that I know what it means when he gets that crazy look. | 他脸上一露出那疯狂的表情我就知道是怎么回事 |
[08:17] | I’m afraid it’s just not | 但恐怕联调局 |
[08:18] | feasible within the bureaucracy of the FBI. | 是不会同意的 |
[08:20] | We’ve got weekends. We’ve got the evenings after Road School, | 我们周末有时间 巡回教学后的晚上也行 |
[08:23] | an hour or so before Road School. | 上课前也有一小时左右 |
[08:25] | We don’t have to tell Shepard. | 我们不必告诉谢帕德 |
[08:26] | Interviewing 40 men across the States is a full-time job. | 约谈全国40名罪犯需要全职投入 |
[08:29] | And if you want this to be a legitimate academic study, | 如果你们希望学术研究成果符合规范 |
[08:32] | then you’re looking at four, maybe five years. | 那就得花上4到5年的时间 |
[08:34] | – And compiling, analyzing the data. – Right. | -还要统计 分析数据 -好吧 |
[08:38] | Well… | 这样的话… |
[08:42] | It’s a shame. | 很可惜 |
[08:44] | We have an interview with Miller in an hour | 我们一小时后还要去和米勒面谈 |
[08:46] | and it’s a bit of a drive. | 路程有点远 |
[08:50] | You know, this is really important work. | 这项工作真的很重要 |
[08:53] | If your boss won’t let you do it, | 如果你们的领导不同意 |
[08:54] | then you should talk to someone | 那你们就该 |
[08:55] | who has the freedom and resources to… | 和有权限和资源的人去谈谈 |
[08:57] | We’ll stick with it for now. | 目前就这样吧 |
[08:59] | It’ll be slow going, but we’re not ready to give up yet. | 虽然进展缓慢 但我们还不准备放弃 |
[09:02] | Of course not. | 当然 |
[09:03] | But it’s good to get some encouragement, | 就算我们没法放开手去做 |
[09:04] | even if our hands are tied. | 受到你的鼓励还是挺开心的 |
[09:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:08] | It’s a pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[09:11] | – What if… – Don’t. | -要是… -别说了 |
[09:12] | – I’m just saying we could… – Holden. | -我只是说我们可以… -霍顿 |
[09:16] | Look, I’m frustrated too. | 听着 我也很郁闷 |
[09:21] | You know, they shoot the birds in the yard | 他们看到院子里的鸟都会开枪 |
[09:23] | because they might be smuggling in drugs from the outside. | 因为它们可能会从外面运毒进来 |
[09:27] | Actually, I don’t know if that’s true. | 其实我并不知道是不是这样 |
[09:29] | A girlfriend told me once. | 之前一个女友告诉我的 |
[09:31] | – You date a lot of ex-cons? – No. | -你交往过很多有前科的姑娘吗 -没有 |
[09:35] | Actually, Debbie’s the first girl | 事实上 黛比是我上高中后 |
[09:36] | I’ve really dated-dated since high school. | 第一个认真交往的姑娘 |
[09:38] | – Dated-dated. – Yeah. | -认真交往 -是的 |
[09:41] | My wife’s the first woman that I’ve married-married. | 我老婆是我第一个认真结婚的女人 |
[09:46] | I thought they said 3:00. What are we waiting for? | 他们不是说3点 怎么还没来 |
[09:48] | You’d be less fidgety if you smoked cigarettes. | 抽根烟就没这么烦躁了 |
[09:52] | I should have brought a tape recorder. | 我该带个录音机来的 |
[09:56] | Bureau Agents Tench and Ford? | 联调局探员坦奇和福特吗 |
[10:15] | Gentlemen. I’m Dr. Cale. We spoke earlier on the phone. | 先生们 我是凯尔医生 我们通过电话 |
[10:18] | Thanks for doing this, Doctor. | 谢谢你为我们安排 医生 |
[10:19] | We realize it’s somewhat unorthodox. | 我们知道这有点不合规矩 |
[10:21] | Unfortunately, Miller says he won’t talk to you. | 很不幸 米勒说他不想和你们谈 |
[10:24] | Now, we told him in advance and he agreed, | 我们之前沟通时他同意了 |
[10:26] | but there’s really nothing we can do now. | 但现在我们也没办法 |
[10:28] | – He should be in a better mood tomorrow. – Tomorrow? | -可能明天他心情会好点 -明天 |
[10:31] | Well, he gets like this sometimes. | 他有时会这样 |
[10:32] | Just needs a cool-off period before he can interact with people. | 冷静一段时间后才能和人接触 |
[10:35] | We have to bring him food into his cell | 他连牢房门都不愿出 |
[10:37] | because he won’t come out. | 我们还得把食物送进去 |
[10:38] | We’re headed out tonight. We can’t come in tomorrow. | 我们今晚就要走了 明天来不了 |
[10:40] | I’m sorry. Will you be back to Boston another time? | 很抱歉 你们还会再来波士顿吗 |
[10:44] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[10:45] | Thanks for your time, Doctor. We appreciate it. | 麻烦你了 医生 非常感谢 |
[10:47] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[10:51] | Well, that’s the last time we give them advanced notice. | 下次我们不提前通知了 |
[11:15] | Holden? | 霍顿 |
[11:17] | Ever feel like you’re on the cusp of something, | 你有没有试过特别想做某事 |
[11:19] | and it keeps spinning out in your head? | 这个想法在你脑中挥之不去 |
[11:22] | – Where’d you get that ironing board? – Your closet. | -你在哪找到这个烫衣板的 -你衣橱里 |
[11:24] | I just can’t stop thinking about this project. | 我满脑子都是这个项目 |
[11:27] | Dr. Carr said it could have far-reaching consequences. | 卡尔医生说这可能会产生深远的影响 |
[11:29] | Why are you up? Did you smoke my pot? | 你怎么起来了 你抽了我的大麻吗 |
[11:32] | I can’t stop thinking about this project. | 我满脑子都是这个项目 |
[11:34] | The idea is so exciting. | 这个想法太令人激动了 |
[11:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:41] | Just don’t wake me up when you come back to bed. | 上床时别吵醒我 |
[11:44] | Rissell’s an hour or so away, | 里塞尔有一小时左右的车程 |
[11:46] | so we don’t have to do Road School to get to him. | 我们不用等到巡回教学时才去找他 |
[11:49] | There’s, uh… Vaughn Greenwood. | 还有 沃恩·格林伍德 |
[11:52] | – The Skid Row Slasher? – Yeah, he’s in California. | -那个贫民窟杀手吗 -是的 他在加州 |
[11:54] | Along with Herbert Mullin. | 赫伯特·穆林也是 |
[11:56] | The Cincinnati Strangler… | 辛辛那提锁喉杀手 |
[11:58] | – What’s his name? – Posteal Laskey Jr. | -他叫什么 -小波斯迪尔·拉斯基 |
[12:00] | I assume he’s in Cincinnati? | 那他是在辛辛那提州了 |
[12:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:04] | I like teaching the Midwest cops. Hospitable guys. | 我喜欢教中西部的警察 人很热情 |
[12:07] | There’s always Richard Speck in Illinois. | 伊利诺斯州还有个理查德·斯派克 |
[12:09] | Great, we can do a Midwest sweep. | 很好 我们可以横扫中西部 |
[12:11] | Gerard John Schaefer. | 杰拉德·约翰·谢弗 |
[12:12] | He killed at least 30, they think. | 警方认为他至少杀了30个人 |
[12:14] | That was in Florida, though. | 不过是在佛罗里达 |
[12:15] | You konw I can’t say no to a Florida golf course. | 你知道我无法抗拒佛罗里达的高尔夫球场 |
[12:27] | Bill Tench. | 我是比尔·坦奇 |
[12:27] | Hey, Bill. It’s Roy Carver. | 比尔 我是罗伊·卡弗 |
[12:29] | Hey, Roy. What can I do for you? | 罗伊 有什么事 |
[12:30] | We need to talk. There’s been another attack. | 我们得谈谈 又有袭击案了 |
[12:33] | This time resulting in a fatality. | 这次有人员死亡 |
[12:36] | – Got it. – Can I get you guys back out here? | -知道了 -你们能过来一趟吗 |
[12:39] | Okay. Let me get back to you. | 好 我稍后给你回话 |
[12:42] | – What’s up? – Carver. | -怎么了 -是卡弗 |
[12:45] | Been another one. | 又发生了一起袭击案 |
[12:46] | Same age as Rosemary Gonzales, | 受害者和罗斯玛丽·冈萨雷斯同龄 |
[12:47] | only this time she’s dead. | 不过这次是谋杀 |
[12:50] | Bill, my God! We’re vindicated. | 比尔 天呐 我们说对了 |
[12:53] | What’s the matter with you? An old lady was just murdered. | 你有毛病吗 一位老太太刚被谋杀了 |
[12:59] | We can talk to Kemper again. | 我们可以再去找坎伯谈了 |
[13:07] | Did she have a dog? Please tell me there’s a dog. | 她养狗了吗 拜托告诉我她养狗了 |
[13:09] | A bigger dog. Slit from ear to ear. | 这只狗大一些 被割了喉 |
[13:13] | Amen. | 谢天谢地 |
[13:15] | Not only is this exactly what we predicted, | 这不仅和我们的预测完全相同 |
[13:17] | but we believe he’s getting a taste for it, there will be more. | 而且我们认为他现在尝到了甜头 会再作案的 |
[13:20] | A sequence killer. | 连续杀手 |
[13:21] | A sequence killer? | 连续杀手 |
[13:22] | It’s what we’re calling it when they kill three or more. | 就是杀了三人及以上的凶手 |
[13:25] | Is this a new classification? | 这是个新分类吗 |
[13:26] | Need to get a steno to put it in writing. | 还得找个速记员帮你们记下来 |
[13:28] | You bet. I’ll talk to Marge. | 最好如此 我去找玛姬 |
[13:30] | This is what you were talking about with the Kemper thing? | 这就是你们之前说的坎伯那事吗 |
[13:32] | We briefed them with a description. | 只是简单向他们描述了一下 |
[13:33] | We need to make sure they bring him in. | 我们得确保凶手被逮捕 |
[13:35] | It’s what we predicted. | 这与我们之前的预测相符 |
[13:36] | Thank you, Holden. I’ve been listening. | 谢谢啊 霍顿 我有在听 |
[13:38] | – We have responsibility to make this right. – I agree. You do now. | -我们有责任解决这事 -我同意 去吧 |
[13:43] | What are you waiting for? You got a plane to catch. | 还傻站着干什么 你们还得去赶飞机呢 |
[13:46] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 长官 |
[14:08] | Her name was Laura Conway. | 她叫劳拉·康威 |
[14:09] | Living literally half a mile away, practically up the street. | 就住在离这里800米的地方 |
[14:12] | Same thing exactly, same time | 一样的手法 与罗斯玛丽·冈萨雷斯 |
[14:13] | of night that Rosemary Gonzales was attacked, | 被袭击当晚的时间一样 |
[14:15] | about 10:30 or 11:00. | 大概十点半或十一点 |
[14:16] | What about the dog? | 那狗呢 |
[14:17] | A dog like that must’ve put up a fight. | 那种狗肯定抵抗了 |
[14:19] | Your unsub will have bite marks. | 嫌犯身上应该会有咬痕 |
[14:21] | The dog’s fucking lasagna. | 那狗孬得不行 |
[14:23] | We rousted a bunch of kids, | 我们叫了一群孩子过来 |
[14:24] | we had an 18-year-old from the neighborhood we liked, | 锁定了一个住在附近的18岁少年 |
[14:26] | but he had an alibi. | 但他有不在场证明 |
[14:27] | – What was it? – He’s a fry cook. | -是什么 -他是个厨师 |
[14:29] | Clocked in till midnight, his coworkers vouch for him. | 午夜才打卡下班 同事能为他证明 |
[14:32] | You spoke to his boss? | 你跟他老板谈过了吗 |
[14:33] | Yeah, one of these new burger joints. Big corporate set up. | 嗯 是家汉堡连锁店 大公司旗下的 |
[14:36] | Like McDonald’s? | 像麦当劳那样的吗 |
[14:37] | – Actually, I don’t remember. – We might have to rethink. | -我不太记得了 -还是得回忆下 |
[14:40] | Look at that dog. | 你看这只狗 |
[14:42] | Someone had a good fucking grip on it, damn near eviscerated. | 凶手下了狠手 都开肠破肚了 |
[14:47] | Now this woman wasn’t as frail as Mrs. Gonzales. | 这女人不像冈萨雷斯夫人那么脆弱 |
[14:49] | Whoever did this wasn’t easily scared off. | 凶手不是会被轻易吓退的人 |
[14:53] | – Older. – And determined. | -年纪更大 -而且很坚定 |
[14:55] | I don’t understand the sexual assault part. | 猥亵这方面我不太明白 |
[14:57] | Why just groping? Why not rape her? | 为什么只是摸她 为什么不直接强奸她 |
[14:59] | He didn’t rape her because he didn’t want to. | 没强奸她是因为他不想 |
[15:00] | He just wanted to dominate and humiliate her. | 他只是想控制她 羞辱她 |
[15:03] | – That’s one sick son of a bitch. – Supposing he’s 35, 40. | -简直是个变态 -假设他35 40岁这样 |
[15:06] | Supposing these women are his mom’s age… | 假设这些女人的年纪都跟他母亲相仿 |
[15:08] | – It’s a mom thing. – Wait, 40? Did I just hear you correctly? | -是跟妈妈有关啊 -等等 40 我没听错吧 |
[15:11] | – This is not a kid. – I’ve been rounding up teenagers. | -不是小孩子做的 -我一直在排查青少年 |
[15:13] | This time wasn’t as frenzied. It’s not a teenager. | 这次的并不狂乱 不是青少年做的 |
[15:17] | Sacramento DA reamed my ass | 萨克拉门托地检因为我一直找餐馆工的麻烦 |
[15:19] | for hassling busboys, | 对我意见很大 |
[15:20] | and now you’ve changed your mind? | 你现在倒突然改变想法了 |
[15:21] | It’s not a one-off. This isn’t some random freak-out. | 这不是一次性的 不是偶发的慌乱作案 |
[15:24] | – This guy is getting confident. – At least late 20s. | -这家伙越来越自信了 -至少快30岁 |
[15:26] | Physically mature. Emotionally immature. Socially undeveloped. | 身体成熟 情感幼稚 社交有障碍 |
[15:29] | – Possibly still lives at home. – Narcotics, maybe. | -可能还住在老家 -可能是瘾君子 |
[15:32] | That’s why he beat her this badly, didn’t know when to stop. | 所以才下这么狠的手 控制不了自己 |
[15:35] | – You think? – Why not? | -是吗 -不是吗 |
[15:36] | Not if he lives at home. Maybe he’s married. | 如果他还住在老家就不会 可能他结婚了 |
[15:39] | – Or separated. – Separated? | -或者分居了 -分居 |
[15:41] | Guys in unhappy marriages have hair triggers. | 婚姻失败常常是犯罪的触发点 |
[15:43] | They lash out. Especially when it comes to women. | 他们需要发泄 尤其是与女人有关的事 |
[15:45] | – I wouldn’t know anything about that. – Lucky you. | -这我就感受不到了 -你真幸运 |
[15:48] | You guys still think he’s white? Not Latino? Black? | 你们还觉得是白种人吗 不是拉丁人或者黑人 |
[15:52] | I think blacks, Latinos | 我觉得黑人和拉丁人 |
[15:54] | might be too respectful of an elderly woman. | 会更尊重年长女性 |
[15:56] | My bet is poor white trash. | 我觉得是个白种人渣 |
[15:57] | Listen, we did talk to some older guys. | 我们跟年纪更大的人也谈过 |
[16:00] | And this one right here is pretty interesting. | 这个人挺有意思的 |
[16:04] | Just came walking up off the street. | 一直在街上晃荡 |
[16:06] | “Hey, what happened? Did anybody see?” He’d been drinking. | “发生什么事了 有人看到了吗” 他喝了酒 |
[16:08] | One of these guys who likes talking to cops, you know. | 是那种喜欢跟警方搭讪的人 |
[16:14] | We should talk to him. | 我们该跟他谈谈 |
[16:17] | Sure. | 好的 |
[16:34] | Mom. | 妈 |
[16:39] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[16:41] | Do you remember me? | 记得我吗 |
[16:42] | Yeah, I remember you. | 记得 |
[16:46] | Mom! | 妈 |
[16:51] | Ma’am, I’m Detective Roy Carver. | 女士 我是罗伊·卡弗警探 |
[16:53] | These are my colleagues, Bill Tench and Holden Ford. | 这是我同事 比尔·坦奇和霍顿·福特 |
[16:55] | – Hello. – What do you want? | -你好 -你们有什么事 |
[16:56] | It’s Dwight, right? | 你是德怀特吧 |
[16:58] | – What do you want with him? – These gentlemen are with the FBI. | -你们找他干什么 -这两位是联调局的 |
[17:01] | Well, now what has he done? | 他干了什么 |
[17:04] | Who the hell have you brought into my home? | 你看你把谁招惹到家里来了 |
[17:08] | May we come in? | 我们能进去吗 |
[17:18] | FBI knocking at my door. | 联调局找上门来 |
[17:22] | I might as well be dead for all he cares. | 我就算死了他也不在乎 |
[17:24] | Just kill me now because that is what you’re doing. | 干脆杀了我吧 反正你现在也是气死我 |
[17:27] | And it is a slow death. | 还是慢性死亡 |
[17:30] | He’s my only son. I might as well walk up to the freeway, | 他是我的独子 我还不如直接去高速路上 |
[17:33] | stick my head under a truck and save myself the misery. | 让车撞死 让我解脱 |
[17:39] | We’d just like to ask Dwight a few questions. | 我们只是想问德怀特几个问题 |
[17:41] | Are these yours, Dwight? | 这些是你的吗 德怀特 |
[17:43] | You’d think he’d be out of my hair by now. | 按说他早该离巢了 |
[17:45] | Move the fuck on, but no. | 自己生活 想得美 |
[17:48] | You sleep on the couch? | 你睡沙发吗 |
[17:49] | When he’s not too drunk to get up there. | 他没醉到爬不上去时 就睡那里 |
[17:53] | Maybe we can talk outside, Dwight. Have a smoke. | 要不我们去外面谈吧 抽根烟 |
[17:56] | Take him. | 赶紧的 |
[17:57] | Just give me a fucking moment to breathe. | 给我点喘息的时间 |
[18:11] | Cigarette? | 抽烟吗 |
[18:16] | Nice lady. | 你妈妈挺不错 |
[18:19] | Real maternal. | 母爱爆棚 |
[18:27] | You have a lot of friends, Dwight? | 你有很多朋友吗 德怀特 |
[18:29] | Do you? | 你有吗 |
[18:32] | I saw a dog leash in the house, | 我在里面看到一条拴狗带 |
[18:34] | but I don’t see a dog around here. | 但附近没看到狗 |
[18:45] | You got a girlfriend? | 你有女朋友吗 |
[18:48] | Must be tough bringing a girl home, | 要带女友回家肯定不容易 |
[18:49] | with your old lady breathing down your neck. | 毕竟你跟你妈住在一起 |
[18:52] | – No. – No? | -没有 -没有 |
[18:54] | It’s not hard? | 不难吗 |
[18:56] | I don’t have a girlfriend. | 我没有女朋友 |
[18:58] | Good-looking guy like you? I don’t believe you. | 你这么帅的没女朋友 我不信 |
[19:01] | You trying to suck me off? | 你这是在拍我马屁吗 |
[19:03] | Put it this way, you never had a girlfriend? | 这么说吧 你没交过女朋友吗 |
[19:08] | One time. | 有过一次 |
[19:10] | What happened? | 发生了什么事 |
[19:12] | She got pregnant. | 她怀孕了 |
[19:15] | My mom decided we were too young to get married, | 我妈妈认定我们还太小 不该结婚 |
[19:17] | told her parents. | 就告诉了她父母 |
[19:18] | She ratted you out. | 她出卖了你 |
[19:21] | What happened to the kid? | 那孩子呢 |
[19:23] | – She got a scrape. – Scrape? | -她去刮宫了 -刮宫 |
[19:26] | Abortion. | 堕胎 |
[19:27] | – How old were you? – Twenty. | -你当时多大 -20 |
[19:30] | – How old was she? – Twenty. | -她呢 -20 |
[19:32] | That doesn’t seem too young to me. Did you love her? | 我不觉得那算很小了 你爱她吗 |
[19:37] | I don’t know. What kind of fucking question is that? | 我不知道 这算什么问题啊 |
[19:39] | I’m curious. Humor me. | 我就是好奇 迁就我吧 |
[19:41] | Well, “I don’t know,” is the answer. | “我不知道” 这就是答案 |
[19:44] | Do you think she loved you? | 你觉得她爱你吗 |
[19:50] | – You okay there, Dwight? – What? | -你没事吧 德怀特 -怎么了 |
[19:53] | Looks like you’ve been going at your arm pretty good. | 你似乎老是挠胳膊 |
[19:57] | You get in a scrap? | 你跟人打架了吗 |
[19:59] | – No. – Let me see your arm. | -没有 -给我看看你的胳膊 |
[20:04] | How’d you get those scratches? | 这些伤怎么来的 |
[20:06] | I get drunk. I don’t know. | 我喝醉了 我也不知道 |
[20:07] | I’ve never seen alcohol give a guy scratches before. | 我可从未见过酒精能抓伤人 |
[20:10] | I bump into things, I guess. | 我大概是撞上了什么 |
[20:12] | Like what? | 撞上了什么 |
[20:14] | I got them from a piece of wood. | 是一块木头弄的 |
[20:18] | – It’s fine, I’m fine. – Let me look at that again, Dwight. | -没事的 我没事 -让我再看看 德怀特 |
[20:25] | I don’t have a dog. | 我没有狗 |
[20:28] | – She’s the one with the dog, not me. – Your mom? | -她才有狗 我没有 -你妈妈吗 |
[20:32] | Dwight. | 德怀特 |
[20:36] | Why don’t you tell us right now how you got those scratches | 告诉我们你的抓伤是怎么来的吧 |
[20:40] | so you don’t lie to an FBI agent, okay? | 别对联调局探员撒谎 |
[20:44] | I got them from a piece of wood. | 是一块木头弄的 |
[20:54] | – Is it just you and her in there? – And Jesse. | -家里只有你和她吗 -还有杰西 |
[20:56] | Who’s Jesse? | 杰西是谁 |
[20:58] | Some guy. | 一男的 |
[21:03] | – Not a big smoker? – I smoke. | -不怎么会抽烟吗 -我抽烟 |
[21:06] | Doesn’t it get cramped in there, the three of you all together? | 那样不挤吗 你们三个住在里面 |
[21:10] | – I guess. – Is that new? Jesse staying with you? | -是吧 -这是才开始的吗 杰西跟你们住 |
[21:15] | A few weeks. | 几周吧 |
[21:18] | They just met or whatever. | 他们就是认识了 |
[21:22] | – I don’t know. – That room’s close by. | -我不知道 -房间挺近啊 |
[21:24] | Is that kinda weird, hearing your mom and her boyfriend? | 会不会奇怪 听到你妈和她男友在一起 |
[21:27] | – No. – That would drive me crazy. | -不会 -换了我肯定受不了 |
[21:29] | She sounds like she’s hard to please. | 她听上去挺难取悦的 |
[21:31] | Does he do what she wants? | 他会去满足她的要求吗 |
[21:32] | She doesn’t know what she wants. | 她不知道自己想要什么 |
[21:34] | No? | 是吗 |
[21:36] | Who just meets a guy, then she moves him right in, you know? | 谁会刚认识个人 就叫他搬进来啊 |
[21:41] | – Kind of fucking weird. – You ever talk to her about it? | -多奇怪 -你跟她谈过这事吗 |
[21:44] | – What? – She made you get an abortion with your girl. | -什么 -她逼你跟女朋友堕胎了 |
[21:46] | Do you get a say in her romantic life? | 那她的感情生活你有话语权吗 |
[21:50] | I mean, he’s living right next to you. | 他就住在你旁边啊 |
[21:52] | Do you get a say in hearing them fuck? | 你能听到他们做爱 这事你有权说说吗 |
[21:54] | I think that would piss me off, | 换了我一定生气 |
[21:55] | if my mom told me what to do all the time. | 我妈妈成天对我指手画脚 |
[21:57] | Get an abortion, get her this, get her that. | 又是堕胎 又是这的那的为她做事 |
[21:59] | Yeah. How can you let your mom treat you like that? | 是啊 你怎么能允许你妈妈那么对你 |
[22:01] | – Don’t you ever stick up for yourself? – I stick up for myself. | -你从不为自己说话吗 -我为自己说话了 |
[22:04] | I’m sorry, I didn’t hear you doing that in there. | 抱歉 我刚刚可没听见你说什么 |
[22:05] | I didn’t hear him say anything in there. | 我没听到他刚刚说过任何话 |
[22:07] | I stand my ground. I’m no pussy. | 我守住了立场 我可不是怂包 |
[22:09] | I’m not saying you’re a pussy, per say. | 我没说你怂 |
[22:10] | I’m saying, why do you stand there and take it? | 我是说 你为什么就站在那儿受着 |
[22:12] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你根本不知道你在说什么 |
[22:14] | You ever cuss her out? | 你骂过她吗 |
[22:16] | – I give as good as I get. – What does that mean? | -我也挺能还击的 -那是什么意思 |
[22:18] | – You ever been in a fight? – Maybe. | -你打过架吗 -或许吧 |
[22:21] | But not with Mom, right? | 但不是跟你妈 是吧 |
[22:22] | – Mom’s different. – You only have one mom. | -妈妈可不一样 -你只有一个妈妈 |
[22:24] | Never laid a finger on her. Didn’t raise a hand to her, of course not. | 从未碰过她 你都没对她动过粗 当然没了 |
[22:27] | You raise a hand to your mom, it all goes to shit, right? | 你要是敢动你妈 那就完蛋了 是吧 |
[22:38] | You ever lost control? | 你失控过吗 |
[22:41] | – Not with her, leastways. – “Not with her”? | -至少没对她 -“没对她” |
[22:43] | Makes sense, you need to let off steam, show her who’s boss. | 也难怪 你总得发泄一下 让她知道谁最厉害 |
[22:47] | You’d never hurt your old lady… but… | 你绝不会伤害你妈妈 |
[22:48] | You’d never hurt her because she loves you. | 你绝不会伤害她 因为她爱你 |
[23:01] | Florin residents can rest easier tonight. | 弗罗林居民今晚可以安心了 |
[23:04] | Sacramento Police have arrested 30-year-old Dwight Taylor | 萨克拉门托警方已逮捕了30岁的德怀特·泰勒 |
[23:07] | in connection with a recent pair of sadistic assaults. | 他涉嫌犯下了最近的两起虐待性袭击 |
[23:10] | Police say Taylor, himself a resident of the sleepy suburb, | 警方称泰勒是平静郊区的一名居民 |
[23:13] | beat Rosemary Gonzales, 74, into a coma, | 将74岁的罗斯玛丽·冈萨雷斯打到陷入昏迷 |
[23:16] | and stabbed to death Laura Conway, 64. | 还将64岁的劳拉·康威捅死 |
[23:19] | The victims lived less than a mile apart. | 两位被害人的家相隔不到1.6公里 |
[23:21] | In a disturbing twist, | 令人不安的转折是 |
[23:23] | after viciously attacking his elderly victims… | 凶残地袭击了两位年长的被害人后 |
[23:32] | All right, all right, all right. | 好了 |
[23:34] | Listen, everybody in this room | 听着 这房间里的每个人 |
[23:36] | remembers when they were a little kid, | 都记得他们小时候 |
[23:38] | when they figured out they wanted to be a cop. | 最初意识到自己想做警察的时候 |
[23:41] | I knew I wanted to be a detective in the third grade | 我三年级时就想做警探了 |
[23:43] | when I read A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. | 起因是读了亚瑟·柯南道尔爵士的《血字的研究》 |
[23:48] | Well, this guy right here? | 但这人 |
[23:51] | – He’s the modern-day Sherlock Holmes. – Absolutely! | -他就是当代夏洛克·福尔摩斯 -没错 |
[23:55] | And that makes you Dr. Watson. | 所以你是华生医生了 |
[23:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:59] | No shit. | 不含糊 |
[24:01] | Either that or you guys are psychic. | 要么就是你俩是灵媒 |
[24:03] | Hey, don’t laugh. There’s a lot of psychics in California | 别笑 加州有好多灵媒呢 |
[24:06] | – and they all want to be cops. – Yeah! | -他们都想扮警察 -嗯 |
[24:08] | All the cops want to be feds, all the feds want to be… | 警察都想当联邦探员 联邦探员想做… |
[24:11] | I don’t know what. | 我不知道了 |
[24:14] | He’s gonna make a speech. Inform us, oh, wise one. | 他要讲话了 启迪我们吧 智者 |
[24:18] | Speech! | 讲话 |
[24:18] | – Thank you. – Speech! | -谢谢 -讲话 |
[24:20] | I just wanted to say thank you for having this get-together. | 我想说 感谢大家这样聚聚 |
[24:23] | And Roy, thank you for acknowledging | 罗伊 谢谢你能认可 |
[24:25] | what my partner Bill and I are doing. | 我和搭档比尔在做的事 |
[24:29] | And for embracing that, if we all work together, | 还有接受一个事实 那就是如果我们齐心协力 |
[24:33] | we can venture into the blackest night | 就能走进最黑暗的夜晚 |
[24:35] | and shine a light on the darkness. | 在黑暗中投下一束光 |
[24:41] | I’m talking about real darkness. | 我是指真正的黑暗 |
[24:45] | And thanks for the beer. | 也谢谢你们的酒 |
[24:48] | We were happy to help. | 我们很乐意帮忙 |
[24:50] | Congratulations, guys. | 恭喜 各位 |
[24:52] | Good work. | 干得好 |
[25:01] | If only you could shine a light on the darkness, | 你要是真能照亮黑暗就好了 |
[25:03] | you could illuminate my keys. | 照照我的钥匙 |
[25:11] | Very, very funny. | 真逗 |
[25:31] | Dynamite! | 炸药 |
[25:32] | Okay. You got us. | 好吧 被你们整到了 |
[25:35] | Good job. | 好样的 |
[25:44] | Yeah, I wanted to hear how you’re doing. That’s all. | 我就是想问问你怎么样了而已 |
[25:51] | His teacher? | 他的老师 |
[25:59] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[26:04] | No, I don’t think we’ll be back in time. | 不 我们赶不回去的 |
[26:10] | So… | 那么 |
[26:14] | Okay. I just wanted to hear your voice. | 好吧 我就想听听你的声音 |
[26:19] | Give him a kiss from Dad. | 替爸爸亲亲他 |
[26:23] | Love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[26:34] | I’m sorry, Ed, | 抱歉 艾德 |
[26:35] | do you mean that violence in the movies | 你是说 电影里的暴力 |
[26:37] | drove you to kill those women? | 驱使你杀了那些女人吗 |
[26:38] | No. | 不是 |
[26:39] | My point is, in reality, it doesn’t work the way you expect. | 我是说 现实并不如你预料的那般 |
[26:44] | When you stab somebody, they’re supposed to fall dead. | 你捅了一个人 按说那人该倒下 死掉 |
[26:47] | They go, “Oh…” | 那人会哽咽 |
[26:48] | – And they fall dead, right? – Right. | -然后倒下死掉 是吧 -嗯 |
[26:50] | In reality, when you stab somebody, they lose blood pressure | 但实际上 当你捅了一个人 那人会血压骤降 |
[26:54] | and they leak to death very slowly. | 然后慢慢流血致死 |
[26:58] | So I was reluctant, I didn’t enjoy it. | 所以我很不满足 我不觉得开心 |
[27:01] | Did you get that on tape? | 你录下来了吗 |
[27:04] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[27:08] | You know, it all really goes back | 这一切的根源 |
[27:09] | to my perceived inability to communicate | 其实是人们认为我无法沟通 |
[27:13] | socially, sexually. | 在社会层面 和性层面上 |
[27:16] | I was scared to death of failing in male-female relationships, | 我很怕在男女关系中失败 |
[27:20] | even sitting down to talk to a young lady. | 哪怕是坐下跟一位年轻女士交谈 |
[27:23] | I wanted to communicate. | 我想沟通 |
[27:25] | Ironically enough, that’s why I began picking people up. | 讽刺的是 我正是因此开始拉搭车的 |
[27:29] | I pick a girl up | 我会拉个搭车的女孩 |
[27:30] | and I’m going a little further each time. | 每次都更进一步 |
[27:33] | It’s a daring kind of a thing. | 算是试试自己敢不敢 |
[27:35] | Like, first, there wasn’t a gun. | 比如 起初 我没拿枪 |
[27:37] | Then I’m driving along, | 然后我开着车 |
[27:39] | we go to a vulnerable place where there aren’t people watching, | 去个容易作案的地方 没有人烟 |
[27:42] | but I say, “No, I can’t.” | 但我说 “不 我不能这么做” |
[27:44] | So you picked up women but didn’t kill them? | 你会拉搭车的女人 但不杀她们 |
[27:46] | But then, a gun is in the car, | 然后 车里带了枪 |
[27:49] | and this craving, | 我有种渴望 |
[27:51] | this awful raging, eating feeling is inside me. | 我内心有种狂野的侵蚀感 |
[27:55] | I would’ve loved to have just raped them, | 我很想只强奸她们 |
[27:58] | but not having any experience at all, | 但我又没有经验 |
[28:01] | I could feel it consuming my insides, this fantastic passion. | 我能感觉到那种美妙的激情在侵蚀我的内心 |
[28:05] | Fantastic passion? | 美妙的激情 |
[28:07] | – It’s a good phrase, no? – Then what happens? | -这句话不错吧 -后来呢 |
[28:10] | You know, I’m thinking of writing my own book. | 我在考虑自己写书 |
[28:12] | I’ve been trying to get a typewriter. Maybe help me with that? | 我一直想要台打字机 能不能帮帮忙 |
[28:15] | I’m sure we could pull some strings. | 我相信我们能想办法的 |
[28:17] | Then it builds, the feeling? | 然后这情绪越来越高涨吗 |
[28:19] | At some point, you begin to… | 到后来 你开始 |
[28:21] | – enjoy the thrill. – Look… | -享受那种快感 -听着 |
[28:24] | when you slit a person’s throat, | 如果你割破一个人的喉咙 |
[28:26] | you need to cut it from ear to ear | 你得从一只耳朵割到另一只 |
[28:28] | in order to sever the windpipe and the jugular | 这样才能切断气管和颈静脉 |
[28:31] | so that they bleed and suffocate at the same time. | 这样那人会同时流血又窒息 |
[28:34] | Otherwise, they’ll just be in a great deal of pain. | 否则 那人会非常痛苦 |
[28:37] | That’s how I learnt the term “ear to ear,” | 我就是这样知道”咧嘴”这个说法 |
[28:39] | literally, what that meant. | 不是比喻 而是真实的含义 |
[28:41] | People think it’s just an expression. | 人们以为那只是个说法 |
[28:43] | It’s not, it’s an instruction. | 不是的 是指导 |
[28:45] | You don’t want to. You have to. | 你不想 但必须那么做 |
[28:48] | So there’s no pleasure, Ed? | 那么没有快感吗 艾德 |
[28:49] | Sure there is. | 当然有 |
[28:51] | I just wanted the exaltation over the party. | 我只是想要那种兴奋感 |
[28:54] | In other words, winning over death. | 也就是说 战胜死亡 |
[28:57] | They were dead and I was alive. That was the pleasure. | 他们死了 而我活着 这才是乐趣所在 |
[29:00] | I was the hunter, they were my victims. | 我是猎人 他们是我的受害人 |
[29:02] | So how did you feel after your first kills? | 你最初杀人后有什么感觉 |
[29:11] | I liked Mary the best. | 我最喜欢玛丽 |
[29:13] | I was lukewarm on Anita. | 我对安妮塔很冷淡 |
[29:17] | What was wrong with her? | 她怎么了 |
[29:19] | Oh, nothing in particular. | 也没什么特别的 |
[29:21] | It was more that Mary was… | 就是玛丽… |
[29:25] | I was really quite struck by her personality and her looks, | 我很被她的个性和样貌所触动 |
[29:29] | and there was just almost a reverence there. | 几乎有种崇敬 |
[29:31] | – Reverence? – Sure. | -崇敬 -是的 |
[29:34] | Sometimes, afterward, I visited there to be near her | 事后 我有时会重返那里 好接近她 |
[29:36] | because I loved her and wanted her. | 因为我爱她 想要她 |
[29:39] | At the murder site? | 去杀人现场吗 |
[29:40] | I’ve never been much to look at myself, | 我从来都不是个帅哥 |
[29:42] | but I’ve always gone after the pretty girls. | 但我总喜欢追求美女 |
[29:44] | I bet you’re the same. | 你肯定也是吧 |
[29:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[29:49] | You probably can’t imagine this, | 你大概无法想象 |
[29:51] | but since I was locked up from age 15 to 21 | 但由于我15到21岁都因 |
[29:54] | for the murder of my grandparents, | 杀害我祖父母被关着 |
[29:56] | I was very much out of touch with women my own age. | 我根本接触不到与自己同龄的女人 |
[30:00] | When I got back on the street, | 我回到社会中后 |
[30:02] | it was like being on a strange planet. | 感觉就像来到了异世界 |
[30:04] | I had been living with people older than I was for so long, | 我跟比我年长的人一起住了那么久 |
[30:07] | I was like an old fogy. | 我就像个老头 |
[30:09] | That must have been jarring. | 那肯定很让人受冲击 |
[30:10] | You know, when I confessed to the police, | 我向警方认罪时 |
[30:12] | they drove me through California | 他们带我驱车穿过加州 |
[30:14] | and we stopped by a diner for some food. | 我们在一家餐馆停下来吃饭 |
[30:17] | Some attractive young ladies walked by the car. | 几个美丽的年轻女人从车边走过 |
[30:20] | I vomited. | 我吐了 |
[30:22] | Right there and then, on the police car, | 就当场吐在了警车里 |
[30:24] | in front of all the cops. | 当着那些警察 |
[30:25] | Quite violently. | 吐得很厉害 |
[30:27] | That was just how I reacted to women. | 我对女人就是这样的反应 |
[30:29] | I had no other way. | 我没别的办法 |
[30:32] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你个问题 |
[30:35] | Ever talk with anyone about this? | 你跟人说起过这些吗 |
[30:37] | About your inclinations? | 你的偏好 |
[30:41] | Your mom… maybe? | 比如你妈妈 |
[30:44] | Obviously, not the way you’re talking to us. | 当然了 不会像是跟我们这样说 |
[30:48] | If I could get a word in edgewise, | 如果我能说一句 |
[30:52] | everything would have been different. | 那一切都会不同了 |
[30:54] | From the moment I woke up in the morning, | 从我早上一醒来 |
[30:56] | she was demeaning and belittling. | 她就贬低辱骂我 |
[30:58] | And she knew all of my buttons | 她清楚该怎么激怒我 |
[31:01] | because she put them there. | 因为那都是她埋下的祸根 |
[31:03] | I was her toy all my life, | 我这辈子一直是她的玩具 |
[31:05] | right up until the moment I cut off her head with a hunting knife. | 直到我拿猎刀砍下她脑袋的那一刻 |
[31:10] | Ed… | 艾德 |
[31:13] | why did you do what you did… | 你为什么做了那种事 |
[31:17] | with her head? | 我是指对她的头 |
[31:20] | Why does anyone? | 为什么任何人会那么做 |
[31:24] | You know, that night I walked up to her bed. | 那晚 我走到她床边 |
[31:26] | She’s laying there reading a paperback, | 她躺在床上 读着一本平装书 |
[31:28] | as many thousands of nights before. | 就像此前数千个晚上那样 |
[31:31] | She says, “Oh, I suppose | 她说 “那么 |
[31:34] | you’re gonna want to wait up all night and talk now.” | 你是想整宿不睡 说话咯” |
[31:38] | Can you believe that? | 你能相信吗 |
[31:40] | “Wait up all night talking.” | “整宿不睡 说话” |
[31:43] | Shit. | 该死 |
[31:47] | And I knew I was gonna kill her… | 我就知道我要杀了她 |
[31:50] | you know? | 懂吗 |
[31:52] | I was honest with myself for the first time. | 我第一次坦诚面对自己了 |
[31:56] | Because I’m not a lizard, | 因为我不是只蜥蜴 |
[31:58] | I’m not from under a rock, I came out of her vagina. | 不是石头缝里钻出来的 我是从她阴道爬出来的 |
[32:02] | I came out of my mother. | 我从我妈妈体内钻出来的 |
[32:05] | Is it true that you put part of her into the garbage disposal? | 你真的把她的一部分遗骸丢进了垃圾处理器吗 |
[32:10] | Her vocal cords. | 她的声带 |
[32:12] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:14] | Because I couldn’t shut her up. | 因为我无法让她闭嘴 |
[32:16] | She wanted to destroy me with words, literally. | 她想用语言摧毁我 真的是这样 |
[32:20] | So I shut her up for good. | 所以我让她永远闭嘴了 |
[32:23] | And now, everyone knows it was because of what she did to me, | 现在 大家都知道那是因为她对我做的事 |
[32:26] | because of the way she treated her son. | 因为她对待儿子的方式 |
[32:38] | Pizza! | 披萨 |
[32:41] | You guys. | 你们啊 |
[32:44] | Okay. So you get out of the car… | 好了 那么你下了车 |
[32:47] | – I just walk into the apartment building. – Anyone around? | -我走进了公寓楼 -旁边有人吗 |
[32:50] | So, I’m home, | 我回了家 |
[32:51] | walking up the stairs to our apartment | 走上通往我们公寓的楼梯 |
[32:54] | with a freshly severed head draining | 拿着一颗刚砍下的头 |
[32:55] | about a pint of blood into a duffel bag. | 还在背包里滴着血 |
[32:57] | You just got it under your arm? Just like that? | 你就那么明晃晃地夹在胳膊下面 |
[33:00] | – Go ahead. Take another slice. – Thank you. | -来吧 再拿一块吧 -谢谢 |
[33:02] | Then comes this picture postcard, | 然后看到一对明信片一般 |
[33:05] | groovy, happy young couple on the stairs. | 时髦幸福的年轻夫妇 站在楼梯上 |
[33:07] | – They walk right past me. – Your two worlds are colliding… | -他们跟我擦肩而过 -你的两个世界相撞了 |
[33:10] | My murderous fantasy life and this. | 我的谋杀幻想生活 和这个 |
[33:13] | Pretty girl. Pretty name. Kim or something. | 美丽的姑娘 名字也好听 好像是金 |
[33:16] | Going out on a date with her boyfriend. | 正要跟她男朋友去约会 |
[33:18] | And it could just as easily be Kim’s head in that bag. | 那包里也可能是金的脑袋 |
[33:21] | – You’re playing God. – Exactly. | -你在扮演上帝 -没错 |
[33:23] | And I realized I’ve never been on a date in my entire life, ever. | 我意识到 我这辈子从来没约会过 |
[33:28] | And I got in the door and I said to Mom, | 我走进门里 对妈妈说 |
[33:30] | “I’ve never been on a date with a girl, Mom.” | “我从未跟女孩约过会 妈妈” |
[33:33] | – And what did she say? – “Thank God.” | -她怎么说的 -“谢天谢地” |
[33:35] | – Can you believe that? – What a bitch. | -能相信吗 -真贱 |
[33:37] | That’s when I started burying the heads in the backyard. | 于是我开始把头埋在后院里 |
[33:40] | – Sure. – Right underneath Mom’s bedroom window. | -嗯 -就在妈妈卧室窗下 |
[33:43] | Their faces looking right up at her window while she was at home. | 她在家时 他们的脸正对着她的窗户 |
[33:46] | Right under her nose, man. I couldn’t help myself. | 就在她眼皮下 我忍不住 |
[33:49] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[33:51] | I know it’s silly, but Mom always liked people to look up to her. | 我知道挺傻 但妈妈一直喜欢人们仰视她 |
[34:41] | I still smell like Kemper. | 我身上还一股坎伯的味儿 |
[34:43] | Or maybe it’s just CMF. | 也可能是监狱的味儿 |
[34:46] | It did smell pretty bad, like a locker room. | 那味儿的确挺难闻 像更衣室 |
[34:49] | Gonna make me lose my appetite. | 你要害我没胃口了 |
[35:00] | So… | 那么 |
[35:02] | you like your mom? | 你喜欢你妈妈吗 |
[35:05] | Sorry. Not funny. | 抱歉 不好笑 |
[35:08] | Yeah. I liked my mom. | 嗯 我喜欢我妈妈 |
[35:11] | But she’s not around anymore. | 但她已经不在了 |
[35:16] | You like your wife? | 你喜欢你妻子吗 |
[35:19] | – Yes, I do. – That’s good. | -是的 -那就好 |
[35:23] | I’ve known her all my life. I’m not sure what I’d do without her. | 我认识她一辈子了 没了她我会不知所措 |
[35:28] | – How about that girlfriend? – Yeah. | -你女朋友呢 -嗯 |
[35:30] | She’s great. Smart. | 她很棒 很聪明 |
[35:33] | I think she actually likes me. | 我觉得她真喜欢我 |
[35:37] | Sounds like we got it made. | 听起来我们都混得不错 |
[35:39] | It feels good, doesn’t it? | 感觉很棒 是吧 |
[35:41] | To fly home having got the bad guy, just like in the movies. | 抓到了坏人 飞回家 就像电影里那样 |
[35:45] | Yeah. It feels good that Dwight’s off the street. | 是啊 德怀特不在街上晃悠了 感觉很棒 |
[35:47] | But Kemper has a way of tempering that. | 但坎伯却能让人不安起来 |
[35:50] | He makes you sick to your stomach, doesn’t he? | 他让你难受得要命 是吧 |
[35:53] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[35:54] | More than Dwight? | 比德怀特更甚吗 |
[35:55] | There’s nothing behind Kemper’s eyes. | 坎伯眼睛后面空无一物 |
[35:57] | It’s like standing near a black hole. | 就好像站在黑洞旁边 |
[36:01] | – Right. – And he thinks we’re his friends. | -嗯 -而且他以为我们是他的朋友 |
[36:04] | Well, he thinks you’re his friend. | 好吧 他觉得你是他的朋友 |
[36:09] | Which makes you a pretty great FBI agent. | 说明你是个厉害的联调局探员 |
[36:22] | I’ve been thinking about our conversation with Dr. Carr. | 我一直在想我们跟卡尔博士的对话 |
[36:27] | You have? | 是吗 |
[36:30] | We’re good at this shit, | 我们擅长这个 |
[36:32] | even if it turns my stomach. | 哪怕这让我反胃 |
[36:35] | If we’re gonna take a backseat to everything new, | 如果我们面对新事物 有趣的事物 |
[36:37] | everything interesting… | 总是消极回避… |
[36:38] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[36:39] | If she really thinks the idea is that good, | 如果她真觉得这是个好点子 |
[36:42] | that it has that much potential to change people’s lives… | 有很大的潜力改变人们的生活 |
[36:47] | – Yeah? – …maybe we should invite her down. | -嗯 -或许我们该请她来 |
[36:49] | Just for a day, to strategize. | 就一天 制定计划 |
[36:53] | I think that’s a fantastic idea. | 我觉得这主意很棒 |
[36:55] | At least we could compile what we have so far | 至少我们可以整理下目前收集的信息 |
[36:57] | and create a plan so if we want to talk to Shepard… | 制定个计划 这样如果我们想去找谢帕德 |
[37:00] | So we can be prepared. | 也能有所准备 |
[37:03] | It’s a long shot. | 希望不大 |
[37:05] | He hates you already. | 他已经看你不爽了 |
[37:07] | He’s beginning to hate you, too. | 他也开始看你不爽了 |
[37:12] | Right. | 是啊 |
[37:15] | So why half-ass it? | 何不让他烦到底呢 |
[37:19] | Dwight would have kept doing it, just like Kemper, | 德怀特本会继续做下去的 就像坎伯 |
[37:22] | until he finally made his way to the source. | 直到他终于敢去面对根源 |
[37:25] | It’s kind of prosaic that it’s always the mother. | 根源总是母亲 挺乏味的 |
[37:28] | It was the mother, but in a very different way. | 的确都是母亲 但方式很不同 |
[37:33] | More… | 要有更多 |
[37:35] | love. | 爱 |
[37:36] | If you can even call it that. | 如果能那么说的话 |
[37:38] | Was she hot? | 她性感吗 |
[37:40] | – Who? – His mom? | -谁 -他妈妈 |
[37:45] | Guys in my high school thought my mom was hot | 高中的男生就觉得我妈性感 |
[37:47] | and it always really disgusted me. | 这一直让我反胃 |
[37:49] | But then she went through chemo | 但后来她做了化疗 |
[37:51] | and nobody made jokes about her anymore | 再也没人拿她开玩笑了 |
[37:52] | and it kind of made me sad. | 又让我觉得难过 |
[37:54] | I didn’t know your mom had cancer. | 我不知道你妈妈得过癌症 |
[37:56] | That’s why I’m always asking you to grab my boobs | 所以我们上床时我总让你 |
[37:58] | when we’re fucking. | 抓我的胸 |
[37:59] | – Make you check for cancerous lumps. – Oh, is that why? | -让你检查我有没有肿块 -是因为这个啊 |
[38:09] | I can’t let these guys rub off on me. | 我不能让这些人影响我 |
[38:12] | – The way they view sex. – And women. | -他们看待性的方式 -还有女人 |
[38:24] | Thanks for coming. | 谢谢你来 |
[38:26] | I needed to see you. | 我需要见你 |
[38:32] | And now that I’m all clean… | 现在我洗干净了 |
[38:37] | If going down on me | 如果我修指甲时 |
[38:38] | while I’m filing my nails is your idea of being kinky… | 给我舔是你所认为的重口 |
[38:42] | I’m kinky. | 我挺重口的 |
[38:48] | I’m very kinky. | 我非常重口 |
[38:51] | I could impale you with this nail file. | 我可以用指甲锉刺穿你 |
[38:54] | Then I could be a part of your case study. | 然后我就可以成为你的研究案例之一了 |
[38:57] | You would be a very compelling interviewee. | 你会是个令人着迷的谈话对象 |
[39:17] | Hey, Kenneth, can I ask you something? | 肯尼斯 能问你个问题吗 |
[39:19] | Oh, sure. What’s on your mind? | 说吧 什么事 |
[39:21] | I’ve, uh, done a bit of thinking about | 我思考了一下 |
[39:23] | some of the things that we’re teaching. | 我们在教授的一些东西 |
[39:25] | In particular, the list of deviant terminology. | 尤其是 越轨术语清单 |
[39:28] | The cuss words? | 粗口吗 |
[39:29] | Right. Well, I was thinking more the… | 是的 我其实想的是 |
[39:32] | descriptors of the acts. | 对行为的描述语 |
[39:35] | You know, fellatio, cunnilingus… | 比如 口交 舔阴 |
[39:37] | Okay, what exactly is the issue? | 好吧 问题是什么 |
[39:39] | Well, that’s just it, Ken. I don’t have an issue. | 就是这样 肯 我没有问题 |
[39:41] | I really don’t know that they are deviant. | 我不能确定这算不算越轨 |
[39:44] | Anal violation? | 鸡奸 |
[39:46] | Well, no, not that one. | 好吧 那个不算 |
[39:47] | – Have you talked to Bill about this? – Oh, sure. | -你跟比尔谈过吗 -是的 |
[39:49] | Bill agrees with me. | 比尔也同意的 |
[39:52] | And you think we should alter the curriculum? | 你觉得我们该修改课程 |
[39:54] | Just… take a look at the list. | 就…看看清单吧 |
[39:57] | Think about it, okay? | 考虑一下 好吗 |
[40:03] | – Fuckhead? – You can keep that. | -蠢货 -留着吧 |
[40:05] | Fuckbag? | 白痴 |
[40:07] | That, too. | 也留着 |
[40:08] | And we’re keeping “gang bang”? | 那”轮奸”也留着吗 |
[40:10] | What’s right is right. | 对的就是对的 |
[40:12] | Klismaphilia? | 灌肠控 |
[40:14] | Klisma… what? | 什么 |
[40:15] | Enemas. Either giving or having. | 灌肠 给人灌 或被灌 |
[40:20] | That can stay. | 留着吧 |
[40:23] | And we’re losing “pussy,” “dildo,” | 去掉”逼” “假阳具” |
[40:26] | “fellatio,” “cunnilingus.” | “口交” “舔阴” |
[40:29] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[40:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:31] | Thank you, Marge. | 谢谢 玛姬 |
[40:34] | It’s for the best. | 这样最好 |
[40:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[40:38] | So, you and Dr. Carr go back? | 你和卡尔博士很有交情吗 |
[40:41] | I consulted her on a few cases here and there. | 我时不时地跟她咨询过几个案子 |
[40:43] | We go back a few years. Why do you ask? | 我们有几年的交情 问这干什么 |
[40:45] | Just curious. | 就是好奇 |
[40:50] | No. | 没有 |
[40:51] | – No? – You know what I mean. | -没有 -你明白的 |
[40:53] | – I didn’t mean to imply… – I enjoy being married, thank you. | -我没那个意思 -我喜欢我的婚姻 谢谢 |
[40:56] | I didn’t mean… | 我没那个… |
[40:58] | Just… Wendy has something. | 就是 温迪有种特质 |
[41:00] | Not sexual. | 不是性方面的 |
[41:04] | Maybe a little sexual. | 或许有点性方面的 |
[41:05] | But her ideas and her energy, she… I sound like an idiot. | 但她的想法 她的精神 我听上去好傻 |
[41:09] | You sound like you have a crush on teacher. | 你听上去像是爱上老师了 |
[41:11] | It’s just someone like her embracing this project says something. | 就是她那样的人如此认可这个项目很能说明问题 |
[41:16] | – Don’t you think? – I get it. | -你不觉得吗 -我懂 |
[41:19] | Old Man Tench jumps onboard, so what? | 老坦奇接受了又如何 |
[41:21] | Grumpy old Shepard, who cares? | 还有暴脾气的谢泼德 谁在乎呢 |
[41:23] | – But the foxy professor… – That’s not fair. | -但那位性感教授 -这么说不公平 |
[41:27] | That’s her. | 她来了 |
[41:33] | – Dr. Carr. – Agent Ford. | -卡尔博士 -福特探员 |
[41:35] | – Welcome to Quantico. – Thank you. | -欢迎来匡提科 -谢谢 |
[41:37] | How was your trip? | 路上顺利吗 |
[41:40] | It was a little dull to be honest. I was grading papers, but… | 老实说 挺无聊的 我批作业来着 |
[41:42] | We can stop at the cafeteria for a coffee if you like. | 如果你想 我们可以去餐厅喝杯咖啡 |
[41:45] | No, I’m fine. I had some this morning. | 不了 我今早喝过了 |
[41:48] | We’re just this way. | 这边来 |
[41:51] | So what are you teaching? | 你教什么 |
[41:54] | I’m teaching a class on the intersection of sociopathy and fame. | 我教的课是反社会和名望的交集 |
[41:58] | People like, um… Andy Warhol, Jim Morrison. | 比如 安迪·沃霍尔 吉姆·莫里森等人 |
[42:02] | Their celebrity becomes the only thing | 他们的名声成了他们 |
[42:03] | they need to sustain their ego. | 维持自大唯一所需的 |
[42:05] | – Nixon was a sociopath. – Very similar. | -尼克松就是反社会 -很类似 |
[42:08] | How do you get to be president of the United States | 如果他是反社会 怎么当上 |
[42:11] | if you’re a sociopath? | 美国总统的 |
[42:12] | The question is, | 问题是 |
[42:13] | how do you get to be president of the United States | 如果不是反社会 怎么可能当上 |
[42:15] | if you’re not? | 美国总统 |
[42:17] | That’s why this work is so vital. | 所以这项工作如此重要 |
[42:19] | It goes so much further than the FBI. | 因为它的影响面远超联调局 |
[42:22] | – All the way to the White House. – Perhaps, yeah. | -能波及到白宫 -或许吧 嗯 |