时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:14] | His given name is Benjamin Barnwright, | 他本名叫本杰明·巴恩莱特 |
[02:15] | but everybody calls him Benji. | 但大家都叫他小本 |
[02:18] | Came back to town, just like I told you he would. | 刚回到镇上 我就说他会回来的 |
[02:20] | Benji was home watching TV the night Beverly Jean was killed? | 贝芙莉·简遇害当晚 小本正在家看电视吗 |
[02:22] | That’s what he told us and I believe him. | 他是这么说的 我相信他 |
[02:25] | He let us search his car, no warrant. | 没搜查令 他就让我们搜了他的车 |
[02:28] | And we didn’t find a thing | 我们什么都没找到 |
[02:29] | except for some of Beverly Jean’s hair, | 除了贝芙莉·简的一些头发 |
[02:31] | but in the passenger seat, like you’d expect it. | 但你也能料到 是在副驾驶座发现的 |
[02:33] | Passenger seat’s not the best way | 放副驾驶座上可不是 |
[02:35] | to transport a corpse, I’ll give you that. | 转移尸体的好方法 这点我承认 |
[02:37] | But you said he was home alone watching TV? | 但你说他独自在家看电视 |
[02:40] | – That’s not much of an alibi. – Why? | -这可不算不在场证明 -为什么 |
[02:43] | Isn’t that what most people do most nights of the week? | 大部分人晚上不都这样做吗 |
[02:46] | Benjamin is definitely most people. | 本杰明绝不是另类 |
[02:48] | He’s worked the same job ever since high school, | 他自从高中起就做同一份工作 |
[02:50] | bagging groceries at the A&P. | 在A&P超市给杂货装袋 |
[02:51] | Works at the A&P? Does he have access to a delivery vehicle? | 在A&P工作 他能接触到送货车吗 |
[02:55] | Nope. Only works the floor. | 不能 他只在卖场工作 |
[03:19] | Is he expecting us? | 他知道我们要来吗 |
[03:21] | He’s in mourning, I thought it’d be polite to let him know. | 他还在哀悼 我觉得通知一声比较礼貌 |
[03:24] | We should’ve brought a six pack. | 我们该带半打啤酒来的 |
[03:35] | – Can I get you some coffee? – Sure. | -你们喝咖啡吗 -好啊 |
[03:37] | – It’s instant. – None for me, thanks. | -是速溶的 -我不要 谢了 |
[03:40] | I’ll wait. | 我等着 |
[03:44] | I got some donuts, too. Half glazed, half cake. | 我还买了甜甜圈 半盒原味 半盒糖霜 |
[03:50] | I’d love a donut. Thanks, Benjamin. | 我来个甜甜圈 谢谢 本杰明 |
[03:54] | Thanks for meeting with us, Mr. Barnwright. | 谢谢你见我们 巴恩莱特先生 |
[03:56] | Benjamin. | 叫我本杰明就行 |
[03:57] | I’m Bill Tench, this is Holden Ford. | 我是比尔·坦奇 这位是霍顿·福特 |
[03:59] | We’re with the FBI. | 我们是联调局的 |
[04:00] | He told me you’ll be helping with the case. | 他跟我说你们会协助破案 |
[04:02] | We’re sorry about your girlfriend. | 你女友的事我们很遗憾 |
[04:03] | I still can’t believe it. | 我还是不敢相信 |
[04:05] | – How long were you with her? – Eighteen months. | -你们在一起多久了 -18个月 |
[04:07] | So this was pretty serious. | 看来挺认真的 |
[04:10] | We just got engaged. | 我们刚订婚 |
[04:11] | Big step. | 重要一步 |
[04:14] | – I knew she was it when I met her. – How’d you know? | -我见到她时就知道她是真命天女 -怎么知道的 |
[04:19] | We saw things the same way. | 我们对事物看法一致 |
[04:21] | – And you’re how old? – Twenty-six. | -你多大了 -26岁 |
[04:24] | You play sports in high school? | 你在高中玩体育吗 |
[04:26] | I’m guessing not the football team. | 我猜你肯定不是橄榄球队的 |
[04:28] | – Band? Debate? – No. | -玩乐队 参加辩论 -不 |
[04:30] | Then what did you do? | 那你做什么 |
[04:33] | I… nothing. | 什么都不做 |
[04:38] | Well, you’re doing good now. Got your own place and everything. | 你现在做得很好 有了自己的房子 |
[04:42] | Got this place for Beverly Jean. | 这房子是为贝芙莉·简准备的 |
[04:44] | She ask you to move? | 她叫你搬家的吗 |
[04:48] | I wanted us to have some privacy. | 我想让我们有些隐私 |
[04:50] | Where were you before? | 你之前住哪儿 |
[04:52] | A few blocks over on Chestnut. | 几个街区外的切斯纳特街 |
[04:54] | – With your family? – Uh, with my mom. | -跟家人住吗 -跟我妈住 |
[04:56] | It must have been hard on her, seeing you leave home. | 那她看你离开家一定很难过吧 |
[04:59] | I think she was happy to see me move on. | 我觉得她很高兴看到我开始新人生了 |
[05:04] | She loved Beverly Jean as much as I did. | 她和我一样喜欢贝芙莉·简 |
[05:07] | Mrs. Barnwright goes to my church, too. First United Methodist. | 巴恩莱特女士也来我们教堂 第一联合卫理公会 |
[05:11] | So you two know each other from church? | 所以你们是在教堂认识的吗 |
[05:13] | Yeah. You and Rose. | 对 你还有露丝 |
[05:15] | Mostly by sight now. I don’t go much anymore. | 现在只是面熟 我不怎么去教堂了 |
[05:19] | Was your mother a disciplinarian? | 你母亲严奉纪律吗 |
[05:22] | You mean strict? | 你是说严厉吗 |
[05:24] | Yeah. She crack the whip? | 对 她严格管教你吗 |
[05:29] | She just cried. | 她只是常哭 |
[05:31] | Well, I’m sure it was difficult raising two kids without a dad. | 父亲不在 她独自养育两个孩子肯定不容易 |
[05:33] | Yeah, he split when I was ten. | 是啊 我10岁时他就走了 |
[05:36] | – What was your father like? – I don’t much remember him. | -你父亲什么样 -我对他没什么印象 |
[05:39] | You and Beverly Jean ever fight? | 你和贝芙莉·简吵过架吗 |
[05:43] | Perfectly normal for a young couple. | 年轻情侣吵架再正常不过 |
[05:47] | Sometimes. | 有时吧 |
[05:48] | What’d you fight about? | 都为了什么吵架 |
[05:50] | Just stupid stuff. | 就是些蠢事 |
[05:52] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[05:54] | Like, uh… | 比如 |
[05:56] | what movie to go to. | 去看什么电影 |
[05:58] | – Any nerves around the engagement? – No, sir. | -订婚这件事上闹僵过吗 -没有 |
[06:02] | You got this place for her? Did she like it? | 你为她准备的这房子 她喜欢吗 |
[06:06] | She, uh… | 她… |
[06:09] | She wanted to make it pretty when she moved in. | 她想等搬进来后布置得漂漂亮亮的 |
[06:13] | When was that gonna be? | 什么时候搬进来 |
[06:14] | – After the wedding. – Traditional, huh? | -婚礼之后 -真传统啊 |
[06:17] | – Yeah. – Was that for your mother? | -对 -是为了你母亲吗 |
[06:19] | That was just to keep it proper. | 只是想妥当点 |
[06:22] | Was she saving herself for marriage? | 她婚前都在守身吗 |
[06:27] | Well, maybe she didn’t want to wait. | 也许她不想等 |
[06:30] | Girls like fooling around just as much as boys. | 女孩和男孩一样喜欢到处留情 |
[06:33] | That’s okay, Benjamin. | 没关系 本杰明 |
[06:36] | We understand, that’s… | 我们理解 这… |
[06:38] | That’s private. | 这是隐私 |
[06:39] | We’ll keep it private. | 我们不会说出去 |
[06:43] | Well… | 这个… |
[06:46] | Beverly Jean was, uh, my… | 贝芙莉·简是我… |
[06:49] | first, uh… | 第一个… |
[06:51] | – Your first sexual experience? – Yeah | -第一个发生性关系的人 -对 |
[06:56] | But she was nice. | 但她很体贴 |
[07:00] | I don’t know what all this has to do with what happened to her… | 我不知道这跟她的遭遇有什么关系 |
[07:03] | Listen, Benjamin. We’re from a particular unit of the FBI. | 听着 本杰明 我们是联调局一个特殊部门的 |
[07:06] | We investigate murders when there’s a sexual angle. | 我们调查涉及性因素的谋杀案 |
[07:09] | It may be unpleasant, but it’s what we do. | 可能令人不太愉快 但这是我们的工作 |
[07:18] | It’s awful, what was done to her. | 她的遭遇太可怕了 |
[07:21] | Does he know? | 他知道吗 |
[07:24] | Mark, seriously? | 马克 你不是吧 |
[07:27] | He only knows about the breasts. It was another officer… | 他只知道胸部的事 是另一个警官… |
[07:32] | It’s hard keeping this quiet. | 这事很难保密 |
[07:33] | I want to talk to Mrs. Barnwright. | 我想和巴恩莱特夫人谈谈 |
[07:35] | Should we stop at a pay phone, give her a heads up, too? | 我们要不要也找个公共电话 提前给她说一声 |
[07:37] | – That’d be fair. – What about the tears? | -可以 -那眼泪呢 |
[07:39] | – I didn’t buy them. – Think he was faking? | -我是不信的 -你觉得他是假哭吗 |
[07:41] | – Seemed a bit much. – Given what he’s been through? | -似乎有点过头了 -他可是经历了那种事 |
[07:43] | It sure got us out of there. | 反正是让我们离开了 |
[07:45] | He’s obviously a mama’s boy. | 他显然是个妈宝 |
[07:46] | Or he knows how to play one. | 也可能是他知道怎么扮演妈宝 |
[07:49] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[07:50] | He was a virgin? He serves donuts? | 他之前是处男 给我们提供甜甜圈 |
[07:53] | All of that could have been rehearsed, | 这一切都可以预演 |
[07:55] | especially since he knew we were coming. | 尤其是他知道我们会来 |
[07:59] | Benjamin has never seemed like a performer to me. | 我从没觉得本杰明像表演者 |
[08:03] | Two Feds in your living room would make anybody nervous. | 两个联邦探员造访会让任何人紧张 |
[08:05] | Look at him, you think he could have easily moved a body? | 看看他 你觉得他能轻松挪动尸体吗 |
[08:08] | Not without bursting into tears. | 得先哭一场 |
[08:15] | I always worried about Benjamin. | 我一向担心本杰明 |
[08:18] | He was living with you when he met Beverly Jean? | 他遇见贝芙莉·简的时候 和你住一起吗 |
[08:20] | He was so excited to have a girlfriend. | 他特别开心有了女朋友 |
[08:23] | Did she reciprocate those feelings? | 她也有同样的感觉吗 |
[08:26] | He said that she was crazy about him. | 他说她对他痴狂 |
[08:28] | – Did you meet her? – Of course. | -你见过她吗 -当然 |
[08:31] | What were they like together? | 他们在一起是什么样子 |
[08:32] | Well, they were… normal. | 挺正常的 |
[08:36] | She teased him a lot. | 她经常逗他 |
[08:37] | He pretended not to enjoy it, but I know he did. | 他假装无感 但我知道他其实喜欢得很 |
[08:40] | Benjamin told us the two of them argued sometimes. | 本杰明跟我们说他俩偶尔会吵架 |
[08:45] | Did you see him? | 你去见过他了吗 |
[08:47] | This morning. | 今天早上 |
[08:51] | Is he in trouble? | 他有麻烦了吗 |
[08:53] | We’re just going over the case again, | 我们只是在重新调查这件案子 |
[08:55] | talking to everyone who knew Beverly Jean. | 和认识贝芙莉·简的每个人谈话 |
[08:58] | Well… I never heard them argue. | 我从没听到过他们吵架 |
[09:03] | Benjamin is soft, you know. | 本杰明很温和 |
[09:06] | What was he like as a kid? | 他小时候是什么样的 |
[09:07] | He was always sensitive. But when his father ran off, he just… | 他总是很善解人意 但当他爸爸出走后 他就… |
[09:15] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[09:18] | Well… he started to cry a lot, wet the bed. | 他开始经常哭 尿床 |
[09:22] | – He wouldn’t leave the house. – That must have been difficult. | -不愿出门 -那一定很艰难 |
[09:24] | I had to leave the kids on their own a lot. | 我那时经常不得不留孩子们独自在家 |
[09:27] | Rose helped out, but she was just so little. | 露丝会帮忙 但她实在太小了 |
[09:34] | Those were hard years. I did a lot of praying. | 那些年很不容易 我经常祈祷 |
[09:39] | But then Rose met Frank and he moved in with us. | 但之后露丝认识了弗兰克 他搬来和我们住 |
[09:42] | Frank Janderman. | 弗兰克·詹德曼 |
[09:44] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[09:45] | They just had a baby, you know. | 他们刚有了个小孩 |
[09:47] | Your first grandchild? | 你第一个孙子 |
[09:49] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[09:52] | People talked about Frank back then, | 那时人们会议论弗兰克 |
[09:53] | but I never listened to all that. | 但我从不听 |
[09:57] | I loved him from the first time I met him. I still do. | 我从第一次见到他起就一直喜欢他 现在也没变 |
[10:00] | Did Benjamin feel the same way? | 本杰明也是这种感觉吗 |
[10:03] | Well, he started to go out, you know. | 他开始出门 |
[10:05] | He became friends with Frank. | 和弗兰克成了朋友 |
[10:07] | Frank protected him. | 弗兰克保护他 |
[10:10] | He wouldn’t let anyone near Rose. | 他不会让任何人靠近露丝 |
[10:13] | He even got Benji a job so I didn’t have to work two shifts. | 他甚至给小本找了份工作 好让我不用倒两班 |
[10:18] | Sometimes Rose said I loved him more than she did. | 有时露丝说我比她更爱他 |
[10:24] | When was this? | 什么时候的事 |
[10:27] | Well, uh… they got married at 18, | 他们18岁结的婚 |
[10:29] | so Rose must have been… | 所以露丝当时应该是 |
[10:34] | 15, 16 at the time. | 15 16岁左右 |
[10:36] | Frank moved in. Why? | 弗兰克搬进来住 为什么 |
[10:40] | Well, I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[10:43] | He had some problems at home with his father, as young boys do. | 他和他爸有点矛盾 男孩子都这样 |
[10:48] | But he got them their own place when they married. | 但他们结婚时他给他们买了房子 |
[10:50] | And Benjamin lived at home with you until he met Beverly Jean? | 本杰明遇到贝芙莉·简前一直和你住吗 |
[10:56] | It’s been a strange time. | 那是段很奇怪的日子 |
[10:59] | We were so happy that Rose and Frank were having a baby, | 我们很高兴露丝和弗兰克要有小孩了 |
[11:01] | and then Benjamin loses his love in such a horrible way. | 然后本杰明以这么惨痛的方式失去了他的爱 |
[11:13] | Like mother, like son. | 有其母必有其子 |
[11:15] | You think there’s a gene for crying? | 你觉得爱哭也会遗传吗 |
[11:17] | I keep wondering why Beverly was with him in the first place. | 我一直在想为什么贝芙莉会跟他在一起 |
[11:21] | She might have liked that he was older, | 她可能喜欢他比她年长 |
[11:22] | easy to talk to. He’s sensitive. | 容易交流 他很善解人意 |
[11:25] | “Half glazed, half cake”? | “半盒原味 半盒糖霜” |
[11:27] | Sure. | 当然 |
[11:29] | I bet Beverly had poor old pipsqueak Benji | 我打赌贝芙莉肯定用性 |
[11:31] | wrapped around her golden triangle. | 把可怜的小本吃得死死的 |
[11:33] | Maybe she wanted a nice guy with a steady income who loved her. | 或许她想要一个爱她又有稳定收入的好男人 |
[11:37] | Whatever you say, Ocasek. | 随你怎么说 奥卡塞克 |
[11:39] | What’s that? | 你说什么 |
[11:41] | We were just saying there’s not much here. | 我们在说这里没什么线索 |
[11:44] | I assured Mrs. Barnwright this was a formality. | 我跟巴恩莱特夫人保证这只是走程序 |
[11:46] | – It’s not a formality. – Well, I can tell her it is. | -这不是走程序 -我可以跟她说这就是 |
[11:49] | So where does this leave us? | 那我们现在该怎么办 |
[11:52] | There’s still Alvin. | 还有埃尔文 |
[11:53] | You don’t want it to be someone in the community. | 你不希望凶手是这里的人 |
[11:55] | Neither of you do. | 你们都不希望 |
[11:56] | Who drives all this way to come to some rust belt town? | 谁会大老远开车到这个落后小镇 |
[12:00] | If you’re hunting for girls, you got big cities. | 如果想猎杀女生 可以去大城市 |
[12:02] | You got freeways with hitchhikers. | 高速路上也有搭便车的人 |
[12:04] | Why choose a place like this? | 谁会选这么个地方 |
[12:07] | How would a drifter know where the dump is? | 外人怎么会知道垃圾场在哪 |
[12:18] | There you are. | 你们来了 |
[12:19] | I got all kinds of fun things for you to look over. | 我有各种各样的有趣东西给你们看 |
[12:22] | Paperwork? | 文书吗 |
[12:23] | Yeah, it’s hardly sexy, | 对 不算特别 |
[12:24] | but I’m trying to put together a list of questions | 但我试着总结出一个问题清单 |
[12:26] | for the killers that you interview. | 供你们和罪犯面谈时用 |
[12:27] | Things like family history, mood, | 比如家庭背景 情绪 |
[12:30] | thought patterns before, during, and after the crime. | 犯罪前 犯罪中和犯罪后的思维模式 |
[12:32] | This is just a first draft, | 这只是初稿 |
[12:34] | but look it over and let me know what you think. | 你们看一下给我个反馈 |
[12:36] | Shouldn’t we tailor the interviews | 我们能不能根据凶手的个性 |
[12:37] | based on the killer’s personality? | 定制谈话内容呢 |
[12:39] | You mean just wing it? | 你是说就即兴发挥吗 |
[12:40] | With these guys, we need to look for different ways in. | 不同的凶手需要不同的切入方式 |
[12:43] | Yes, but we still need a data set | 没错 但我们还是需要 |
[12:44] | that’s consistent across all our subjects. | 收集所有受访对象共有的数据集 |
[12:48] | You leaving? | 你要走了吗 |
[12:48] | – Back to Boston. – You just got here. | -回波士顿 -你才刚到这里 |
[12:51] | Well, until you conduct more interviews, | 在你们没有进行更多约谈前 |
[12:52] | there’s really nothing for me to do here. | 我在这里也无事可做 |
[12:54] | We had a really interesting conversation | 我们和阿尔图纳那个受害者的未婚夫 |
[12:55] | with the fiancé of that victim in Altoona. | 进行了一场很有意思的谈话 |
[12:59] | – I got a taxi waiting. – Cancel it. I’ll drive you. | -计程车在等我 -取消 我开车送你 |
[13:08] | – Let me take your bag. – Thank you. | -我帮你拿包 -谢谢 |
[13:11] | He lost it. I’ve never seen a guy cry like that. | 他崩溃了 我从没看过一个男的哭成这样 |
[13:15] | Bill was skeptical. | 比尔很怀疑 |
[13:17] | – But you believed him? – It looked real. | -但你相信他吗 -看起来很真 |
[13:19] | Well, how did it feel? I mean, were you moved? | 你是什么感觉 被感动了吗 |
[13:22] | – Did you want to comfort him? – I wanted him to stop. | -你想安慰他吗 -我希望他不要再哭了 |
[13:24] | Why’d you want him to stop? | 为什么你想让他停止哭泣 |
[13:26] | I don’t know, maybe I’m just callous. | 说不清 或许我比较冷酷吧 |
[13:29] | Try a little harder, Holden. | 再想想 霍顿 |
[13:34] | It felt wrong. | 我觉得不对劲 |
[13:36] | Benjamin was blubbering like a baby, | 本杰明像个小孩一样大哭 |
[13:38] | but it didn’t seem vulnerable. | 但感觉他并不脆弱 |
[13:41] | It felt hostile. | 我感觉他怀有敌意 |
[13:43] | You know, psychopaths are | 知道吗 精神病患 |
[13:45] | extremely skilled at imitating human emotions. | 都极善于模仿人类的情感 |
[13:48] | It’s how they manipulate other people | 这就是他们操控他人 |
[13:50] | or how they gain power over their environment. | 或是主导环境的方式 |
[13:52] | How do they understand emotions if they don’t have them? | 如果他们没有这些情感 如何去理解它们呢 |
[13:54] | Well, they have emotions. | 他们是有情感的 |
[13:55] | They just don’t believe other people have them. | 他们只是不相信其他人有同样的情感 |
[13:57] | Or more specifically, | 更具体地说 |
[13:59] | they don’t believe that other people have interior lives. | 他们不认为其他人有内在灵魂 |
[14:01] | How do we sniff them out? | 那我们怎么辨别他们呢 |
[14:03] | Well, it seems like you just did. Trust your instincts. | 你似乎已经分辨出了 相信自己的直觉 |
[14:05] | The whole town sees Benjamin | 整个镇子的人都把本杰明 |
[14:07] | as this lost little puppy that needs protecting. | 当成一只需要保护的小狗狗 |
[14:11] | Maybe my instincts are wrong. | 或许我的直觉错了 |
[14:12] | Well, we’re developing a methodology, so use it. | 我们既然总结了一套方法 那就好好利用 |
[14:18] | Look at where the perpetrator went. | 看看凶手下手的部位 |
[14:21] | Hair, breasts, vagina, all symbols of her sexual power. | 头发 胸部 阴道 全都是她的性别象征 |
[14:24] | Disfiguring her reproductive organs was a way to neutralize her. | 破坏她的生殖器官是想剥夺她的性别 |
[14:27] | What about the hair on the ironing board? | 那在烫衣板上的头发呢 |
[14:29] | Was that some kind of display? | 是炫耀吗 |
[14:30] | Like a trophy. A way to assert his dominance. | 就像战利品一样 一种宣示自己主权的方式 |
[14:33] | Benjamin is anything but assertive. | 本杰明看上去并没有自信 |
[14:34] | Beverly’s the first woman he slept with. | 贝芙莉是第一个和他发生性关系的女人 |
[14:36] | – How old is he? – Twenty-six. | -他多大 -26岁 |
[14:38] | So that would give the relationship an extra significance. | 所以这段关系就有了额外的重要含义 |
[14:41] | Bill thinks the only reason she was with him | 比尔认为她和他在一起的唯一原因就是 |
[14:43] | is because she has total sexual control over him. | 她在性方面能完全控制他 |
[14:45] | Well, what’s her history? Was she a virgin, too? | 那她的过去呢 她之前也是处女吗 |
[14:47] | He was touchy about that. | 他对这个问题很敏感 |
[14:49] | So then she had some experience, | 那她之前有过一些性经验 |
[14:51] | which could either excite or threaten him. | 这可能会让他更兴奋或让他感到威胁 |
[14:53] | In the photo, she looks like the girl next door. | 从照片来看 她就像邻家女孩一般 |
[14:56] | You really believe that a young, pretty girl | 你真觉得年轻漂亮的姑娘 |
[14:58] | can’t be manipulative? | 就不会有操控欲吗 |
[15:00] | Even if she was using sex to control him, | 就算她是利用性控制他 |
[15:02] | and you have absolutely no evidence for this, | 你对此也根本没有证据 |
[15:04] | then it would be what many women do | 很多女性都是通过这种方式 |
[15:06] | to have an ounce of power in this world. | 在这个世界上获取一点权力 |
[15:08] | Fine, but if it went too far, | 好吧 但如果太过火 |
[15:09] | if something happened and Benjamin snapped, | 如果发生了什么事 本杰明失控了 |
[15:12] | could feelings of impotence explain his rage? | 这种无力感能解释他的愤怒吗 |
[15:14] | Could it explain him going back four days later | 能解释他为什么四天后回到那里 |
[15:16] | to cut her up like you said, | 破坏尸体 如你所说 |
[15:18] | – as an attempt to assert control? – Possibly. | -确立自己的控制权 -有可能 |
[15:20] | But then wouldn’t the rape already have accomplished that? | 不过强奸不就已经做到了吗 |
[15:23] | – Accomplish control? – Exactly. | -确立控制权 -对 |
[15:25] | In all the crimes we’ve studied, there’s never been an example | 我们研究的所有案件里 没有一例受害者 |
[15:28] | of a victim being raped then depersonalized. | 既被强奸又被抹去人格 |
[15:31] | If the killer mutilates her after death, | 如果凶手在她死后破坏尸体 |
[15:32] | then he usually commits sexual acts after death as well. | 那他通常会是在受害者死后对其性侵 |
[15:35] | To make up for his sense of inadequacy while she was still alive. | 弥补她在世时让他感受到的无能感 |
[15:38] | It’s like there’s two different presentations in this crime scene. | 这个犯罪现场似乎有两种不同的呈现方式 |
[15:44] | Anybody picking you up in Boston? | 波士顿有人接你吗 |
[15:46] | I’ll grab a cab. Bye. | 我会叫个出租车的 再见 |
[15:59] | What are you… | 你在… |
[16:03] | – Up to? – Studying. | -干什么 -学习 |
[16:05] | Pulling an all-nighter. | 准备通宵 |
[16:07] | Writing a paper on C. Wright Mills and the power elite. | 写一篇关于C·莱特·米尔斯和权力精英的论文 |
[16:12] | Due tomorrow. | 明天要交 |
[16:14] | It’s about the people who really run this country. | 关于这个国家真正的统治者 |
[16:16] | Hardly what our democracy is supposed to be about. | 和我们的民主制背道而驰 |
[16:20] | – Are you okay? – What? | -你没事吧 -什么 |
[16:22] | – You seem… – Oh. My friend gave me some diet pills. | -你看起来… -我朋友给了我一些减肥药 |
[16:24] | – Really? – Speed actually makes this interesting. | -真的吗 -见效还挺快的 |
[16:29] | May I see those? | 可以给我看看吗 |
[16:33] | Great for concentration, keeps you totally focused. | 对集中注意力很有效 让你保持完全专注 |
[16:35] | – Beer? Coffee? Tea? – Is this legal? | -喝啤酒 咖啡还是茶 -这个药合法吗 |
[16:39] | Out comes the narc. | 缉毒警察来了 |
[16:45] | We were digging into his relationship | 我们在问他和未婚妻的关系 |
[16:46] | with the fiancé and he burst into tears. | 他就突然大哭 |
[16:50] | Bill thought he was bullshitting, | 比尔觉得他在演戏 |
[16:51] | but psychopaths are extremely skilled | 但精神病患者非常擅长 |
[16:53] | at imitating human emotions. | 模拟正常人的情感 |
[16:55] | I once went crying to my professor. | 我有次就对我教授哭过 |
[16:58] | You fake cried? | 你还装哭 |
[16:59] | Made up an elaborate story | 编了一个逼真的故事 |
[17:01] | about my dad in some horrendous accident. | 说我爸出了非常严重的事故 |
[17:03] | – When was this? – My freshman year. | -什么时候的事 -大一 |
[17:05] | I was partying a little too much, almost flunked out of school. | 我玩趴玩得有点过了 差点退学 |
[17:08] | The interesting thing was, | 有趣的是 |
[17:10] | while I was lying, I actually started believing it. | 我撒谎的时候 我自己都开始信了 |
[17:12] | Made for a good show. He raised my grade to a C. | 效果可逼真了 他把我的分数提到了C |
[17:14] | – Your teacher was male. – So? | -你教授是个男的 -所以呢 |
[17:16] | Women crying to men always works. Men to men? | 女人对男人哭总是管用 可男人对男人哭 |
[17:20] | – Not my point. – Why were you drinking so much? | -这不是我的重点 -你为什么喝这么多酒 |
[17:24] | I wanted to fit in. I wanted to be wild and crazy. | 我想融入进去 我想狂野一点 |
[17:28] | – Why? – I was tired of always thinking. | -为什么 -我思考累了 |
[17:31] | – Don’t you get tired of thinking? – No. | -你整天想事情不累吗 -不累 |
[17:35] | And it made it easier to sleep with people. | 而且我跟人上床也更容易 |
[17:42] | – How many people did you sleep with? – Let’s not. | -你睡过几个人 -别问了 |
[17:45] | – A lot? – What difference does that make? | -很多吗 -多少有什么区别 |
[17:48] | – Just curious. – And judgmental. | -只是好奇 -你还有偏见 |
[17:52] | Five… | 五个 |
[17:55] | – Ten… – This is getting tedious. | -十个 -你真无聊 |
[18:00] | – Ten? – Holden… I’m not doing this. | -十个吗 -霍顿 我不跟你说这个 |
[18:06] | Ten. | 真是十个 |
[18:12] | – Jesus. – I know. What do we do? | -天啊 -我知道 该怎么办 |
[18:15] | – Hell, pick him up. – What do I tell him? | -把他抓来 -我怎么跟他说 |
[18:17] | Don’t tell him anything. | 什么都别说 |
[18:18] | Let him stew for a few hours until we get there. | 先晾他几小时 等我们赶过去 |
[18:21] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:24] | Ocasek looked into Frank Janderman. | 奥卡塞克查了弗兰克·詹德曼 |
[18:26] | Apparently, in high school, he was sent to a psychiatric hospital | 据说他在高中进过精神病院 |
[18:29] | for taking a monkey wrench to a girl. | 因为他拿扳手打女生 |
[18:32] | – Frank Janderman? – Rose’s husband. | -弗兰克·詹德曼 -露丝的丈夫 |
[18:37] | We should get this on tape. | 我们应该录下来 |
[18:43] | So I got to thinking, why did Mrs. Barnwright | 所以我就在想 为什么巴恩莱特女士 |
[18:45] | say people were talking about Frank back then? | 之前说人们在议论弗兰克 |
[18:48] | – What were they talking about, right? – Right. | -他们在议论什么 -对 |
[18:50] | So I talked to this family court judge who’s a friend of mine. | 所以我跟一个有交情的家庭法庭法官谈了 |
[18:52] | Sure enough, he remembers the case. | 当然了 他记得这件案子 |
[18:54] | Since Frank was a juvenile when the assault occurred, | 因为弗兰克犯案的时候还是个未成年 |
[18:56] | the court sealed the records. | 法庭就把案卷封存了 |
[18:58] | Fortunately, the judge is a very good friend of mine. | 幸运的是这个法官跟我的交情真的很好 |
[19:01] | Here’s what we’ve got on Frank’s hearing, | 这就是弗兰克听证会的资料 |
[19:04] | and his time at Warren State. | 以及他在精神病院的记录 |
[19:05] | Nice work, Mark. | 干得漂亮 马克 |
[19:07] | This is where your community system pays off. | 你的社交圈子可帮了大忙了 |
[19:10] | He’s been back here since nine. Maybe we should… | 他九点就到这了 要不我们… |
[19:12] | Let him wait. | 让他等着 |
[19:15] | Why don’t we have a cup of coffee? | 我们先喝杯咖啡再说 |
[19:17] | If Frank’s a hothead, | 如果弗兰克是个急性子 |
[19:18] | it’ll irritate him, throw him off. | 这样能激怒他 让他自乱阵脚 |
[19:22] | Class of ’71? | 71届的 |
[19:24] | – Yep. – You go to your five-year reunion? | -是 -你每五年还去一次同学聚会吗 |
[19:27] | I don’t really keep up with that stuff. | 那种事我不怎么上心 |
[19:30] | It’s commendable that you graduated, | 你能毕业也挺了不起的 |
[19:31] | seeing as how you missed your junior year. | 毕竟你高二都没上学 |
[19:33] | What do you want from me? I’ve been here all day. | 你们还想要我怎样 我都在这耗了一天了 |
[19:35] | I answered all your questions last week. | 上周你们都讯问过我了 |
[19:37] | We just have a few more. | 我们还有问题要问 |
[19:40] | You’ve got everyone in a tizzy. | 你让大家都慌得不行 |
[19:42] | – You mean Benjamin? – Yeah. | -你是说本杰明 -是 |
[19:44] | The whole family. Me, my wife, mom. | 还有全家 我 我老婆 我妈 |
[19:47] | You scared the shit out of Benji. | 你们更是把小本快吓死了 |
[19:50] | I’m sorry if we scared everyone. | 抱歉吓到你们了 |
[19:52] | And for keeping you for so long. | 以及让你等了这么久 |
[19:53] | Beverly Jean Shaw was close with your family. | 贝芙莉·简·肖和你家很亲近 |
[19:56] | We’re simply looking for a little background. | 我们只想再了解一些背景 |
[19:57] | She wasn’t that close. | 她也没那么亲近 |
[20:00] | She was about to marry your brother-in-law. | 她快和你大舅子结婚了 |
[20:01] | They hadn’t set a date. | 他们又没定日子 |
[20:03] | I didn’t spend a lot of time with him. | 我也没跟他在一起待过多久 |
[20:05] | You and Benjamin aren’t close? | 你和本杰明也不亲吗 |
[20:07] | What’s this “close” Shit? That’s like women. | 什么亲不亲的 听着跟个娘们似的 |
[20:10] | Mrs. Barnwright said you looked out for him. | 巴恩莱特女士说你一直照顾他 |
[20:13] | – Well, yeah, he’s a shrimp. – And he’s your brother-in-law. | -他是个胆小鬼 -但也是你大舅子 |
[20:17] | Yep. | 是 |
[20:18] | – So you would help him if he needed it. – Yep. | -所以如果他需要 你会帮他 -当然 |
[20:24] | Did you fight a lot in high school? | 你高中时经常打架吗 |
[20:26] | Like Popeye. | 跟大力水手似的 |
[20:30] | How’d you land yourself in Warren State Psychiatric Hospital? | 你怎么把自己弄进沃伦州立精神病院去的 |
[20:36] | It’s probably in your fucking file. | 你那堆破文件里不写了吗 |
[20:38] | We want to hear your side. | 我们想听听你的说法 |
[20:44] | This girl freaked out on me, came after me with a wrench. | 有个女孩儿跟我着急了 抄起扳手就打我 |
[20:46] | I tried to get it out of her hand, it swang back, hit her in the face. | 我想把扳手夺下来 结果抡到她自己脸上了 |
[20:49] | Then all this shit came raining down on me. | 然后没完没了的破事就来找我了 |
[20:52] | Why’d she freak out? | 她为什么生气 |
[20:53] | – I was seeing some other girl, too. – You a ladies man? | -因为我同时在约别的女孩 -你很有女人缘吗 |
[20:57] | Maybe. Back then. | 当年大概有吧 |
[20:59] | – They sent you to a mental institution. – That was bullshit. | -他们把你送进精神病院去了 -那是坑我 |
[21:02] | I had to go, it was part of the plea. | 我不去不行 那是认罪协议的一部分 |
[21:04] | You did a plea deal? | 你还认罪协商了 |
[21:05] | Why not go to court, tell them what you told us? | 为什么不上法庭 说出你刚才的说法呢 |
[21:07] | My lawyer said I’d never | 我律师说我绝对敌不过 |
[21:08] | win against a sweet girl with a broken nose. | 一个破了相的漂亮姑娘 |
[21:12] | There were other infractions, | 还有些别的违规行为 |
[21:13] | I was running around like a jackass back then. | 我当年像个混蛋似的四处惹事 |
[21:15] | – But no longer? – I’m married now. Got a kid. | -现在不了吗 -我结婚了 还有孩子 |
[21:18] | Marriage and fatherhood don’t make anger go away. | 婚姻和孩子也抵消不了那种愤怒 |
[21:22] | I wasn’t angry, I was just… | 那不是愤怒 我只是… |
[21:24] | Misunderstood? | 被误解了 |
[21:26] | Makes me sound like a pussy, but yeah. | 说得我跟个娘们似的 但没错 |
[21:30] | Want to tell us about the night Beverly Jean disappeared? | 能说说贝芙莉·简·肖失踪那晚的事吗 |
[21:35] | I don’t know. It was, uh… typical, I guess. | 我说不好 就跟平常一样 |
[21:39] | Rose was still pregnant back then. | 露丝那时候还怀着孕 |
[21:42] | Got her some dinner and watched TV. | 给她买了些晚饭然后看了电视 |
[21:44] | – So you were home all night. – No. | -所以你整晚都在家 -不是 |
[21:46] | No? | 不是 |
[21:48] | No. I told you, I went out and got us dinner. | 不是 我刚说了 我出去买晚饭了 |
[21:51] | How long were you gone? | 你去了多久 |
[21:53] | I don’t know, 15, 20 minutes maybe. | 不知道 15 20分钟吧 |
[21:56] | Where’d you get food? | 去哪买的吃的 |
[21:57] | Rose likes the rolls at Hannah’s Diner on Market Street. | 露丝喜欢市场街上汉娜餐厅的肉卷 |
[22:00] | And Rose will confirm this? | 露丝能证实这事吗 |
[22:02] | Am I under some kind of suspicion here? | 你们是在怀疑我吗 |
[22:05] | We’re just looking at it from every angle. | 我们只是想从所有的角度调查一下 |
[22:10] | No, Beverly Jean was, uh… was Benji’s girl. | 贝芙莉·简 是小本的女人 |
[22:13] | I barely knew her. | 我跟她不熟 |
[22:14] | Strange, seeing as how she was about to be part of the family. | 那就奇怪了 她可是就快和你们成一家人了 |
[22:19] | Stop saying it like that. | 别再这么说了 |
[22:21] | You said they hadn’t set a date for the wedding. | 你说他们的婚约还没定日子 |
[22:24] | – It was loose. – They were engaged, weren’t they? | -没说准 -他们不是订婚了吗 |
[22:29] | Benji thought they were. | 小本以为他们订婚了 |
[22:32] | The impression I got is that | 可我怎么以为是 |
[22:34] | she was in love with him, wanted to marry him. | 她爱上了他 想嫁给他呢 |
[22:38] | Oh, man, I don’t want to rain on his parade… | 不是我想给他泼冷水 |
[22:40] | You’re saying he made the relationship more than what it was? | 你是说他们没他说的那么相爱 |
[22:42] | She let him call her his girlfriend. | 她也就让他说是女朋友而已 |
[22:44] | He got that apartment for her. | 他给她买了那套房子 |
[22:46] | Yeah, that was the big plan, get her to move in. | 是啊 他是计划着让她住进去 |
[22:48] | – Was Beverly even sleeping with him? – Now and again. | -贝芙莉和他睡过吗 -偶尔吧 |
[22:52] | A looker like her, he thought he’d died and gone to heaven. | 她那样的美人儿 他都觉得自己上天了 |
[22:54] | – You found her attractive? – She’s a seven. | -你觉得她美吗 -她是个7分 |
[22:57] | Really? From the photos, I’d give her an eight. | 真的 看照片我觉得她是个8分 |
[23:00] | In Altoona, she’s a solid eight. | 在阿尔图纳 她绝对是个8分 |
[23:03] | I thought Benji had done pretty good for himself. | 我还以为小本出息了呢 |
[23:06] | Especially for a guy who’s… | 尤其是他这种… |
[23:09] | so quick to cry. | 爱哭鬼 |
[23:11] | Shit, yeah. | 那是 |
[23:12] | Do you think that he was satisfying her? | 你觉得他让她满足了吗 |
[23:19] | – I don’t think he was blowing her mind. – She tell you that? | -我觉得她也没多享受 -她告诉你的吗 |
[23:22] | Not in so many words, | 没怎么细说 |
[23:23] | but when a chick’s enjoying it, she’s all over you. | 但如果妞儿觉得很爽 就一定会爱得火热 |
[23:25] | You think Beverly Jean knew the difference? | 你觉得贝芙莉·简分得清楚吗 |
[23:28] | You think she’d, you know… been around? | 你觉得她有没有 鬼混 |
[23:33] | I’d say she was, uh… open. | 我觉得她比较 开放 |
[23:39] | Benjamin see it that way too? | 本杰明也这么看吗 |
[23:41] | I don’t know if he didn’t get it or he didn’t want to. | 我不知道他是没看出来还是不想看出来 |
[23:53] | Everyone we interviewed said Beverly Jean was… | 我们问过的所有人都说贝芙莉·简是个 |
[23:56] | nice, loyal, decent. | 和善 忠贞 正经的女人 |
[24:03] | No one’s gonna come right out and say the dead girl was easy. | 谁也不会张口就说一个死去的姑娘太风流的 |
[24:06] | Frank’s cagey. | 弗兰克很狡猾 |
[24:07] | You hear him deflect on that deal in high school? | 你听出来他在回避高中那摊事了吗 |
[24:10] | He could have made that up about her being a slut. | 他说她是荡妇完全有可能是编出来的 |
[24:12] | What if he didn’t? | 如果不是编的呢 |
[24:13] | Listen, if Beverly had the upper hand in the relationship | 如果贝芙莉掌控了恋爱的主动权 |
[24:16] | and made Benjamin feel jealous by seeing other men, | 让本杰明嫉妒她和别的男人的关系 |
[24:20] | if Benjamin felt sexually powerless, | 如果本杰明觉得自己性无能 |
[24:23] | he might lash out with the kind of anger we see in this crime. | 他可能就会爆发出案子中这种怒火 |
[24:26] | Let’s see what Benjamin has to say. | 我们看看本杰明怎么说吧 |
[24:28] | – Bring him in? – Yeah. | -叫他来局里 -好 |
[24:30] | You understand you’re not under arrest? | 你明白你并没有被捕吧 |
[24:32] | You’re free to leave at any point, | 你随时都可以离开 |
[24:34] | only have to talk to us if you want to. | 而且只在你愿意的时候开口 |
[24:36] | And you’re okay with us recording this conversation? | 而且你不介意我们把谈话录音吧 |
[24:38] | It’s just so much easier than writing everything down. | 这比做笔录省力多了 |
[24:40] | Yeah. I want to help if I can. | 我也想尽可能帮上忙 |
[24:43] | You know a lot about this case | 对这件案子 你应该有许多 |
[24:45] | you’re not telling us, don’t you? | 没告诉我们的事吧 |
[24:47] | Uh, no, nothing more than what I already said. | 没有 我知道的都已经说了 |
[24:50] | We talked to Frank. | 我们和弗兰克谈了 |
[24:52] | He paints a different picture of your relationship with Beverly. | 他关于你和贝芙莉关系的说法可不太一样 |
[24:54] | He said you made up that part about you and her being engaged. | 他说你和她订婚就是你自己编出来的 |
[24:59] | Well, I didn’t have a ring yet, | 我还没买戒指 |
[25:01] | but, um, but I asked her and she said yes. | 但我求婚了 她也答应了 |
[25:05] | It sounded like she wanted to keep her options open. | 听起来好像她想保留选择权 |
[25:11] | Benjamin? | 本杰明 |
[25:15] | Did Frank say that? | 弗兰克这么说的吗 |
[25:16] | He said a lot of things. | 他还说了不少 |
[25:20] | – ‘Cause he was jealous. – Jealous? | -因为他嫉妒 -嫉妒 |
[25:22] | Why would he be jealous? | 他嫉妒什么 |
[25:24] | He’s married. To your sister. | 他结婚了 娶了你妹妹 |
[25:28] | He was always asking when… she was coming around, | 他总是在问 她什么时候来 |
[25:32] | always talking to her like she was his girlfriend. | 对她说话还一副她是他女友的口气 |
[25:35] | – What do you mean? – Like “Hey, hon,” | -什么意思 -比如”亲爱的” |
[25:37] | “Hey, babe,” “Hey, sweetheart, go get me a beer.” | “宝贝儿” “宝贝儿拿啤酒来” |
[25:42] | And… | 而且 |
[25:45] | he was always getting her to sit on his lap. | 他还总让她坐到他腿上 |
[25:48] | Did she want to sit on his lap? | 她想坐到他腿上吗 |
[25:49] | She had to or it would’ve been rude. | 不坐不行 不然就不礼貌了 |
[25:51] | – Did he try to have sex with her? – No, it didn’t go that far. | -他还想和她上床吗 -还没到那一步 |
[25:55] | He told us he was interested. | 他告诉我们他这么想过 |
[25:57] | Beverly Jean was a beautiful woman. She wouldn’t do that. | 贝芙莉·简是个美丽的女人 她不会这么做的 |
[26:00] | Do what, have sex? She had sex with you. | 做什么 做爱吗 她和你做爱了啊 |
[26:02] | She loved me. | 那是因为她爱我 |
[26:03] | But she wasn’t exactly saving herself for marriage. | 可她婚前也没有守贞 |
[26:08] | Do you think you satisfied her, Benjamin? | 你觉得你能满足她吗 本杰明 |
[26:24] | Did you see her that night when she got off work? | 她那晚下班时你看见过她吗 |
[26:26] | No. I was home, I was watching television. | 没有 我在家 在看电视 |
[26:29] | Didn’t you want her to come over, hang out with you? | 你不想让她过来陪你吗 |
[26:31] | Of course I wanted her to come over, because I loved her. | 我当然想让她来陪我 因为我爱她 |
[26:35] | Now she’s dead. | 现在她死了 |
[26:39] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[26:42] | Oh, my God! | 天啊 |
[26:53] | So did Beverly Jean sleep around? | 所以贝芙莉·简真的四处风流了吗 |
[26:58] | – Alvin said he tried to pick her up at a bar. – She turned him down. | -埃尔文说他在酒吧勾搭过她 -她拒绝了 |
[27:01] | What was she doing at a bar? | 她去酒吧干什么 |
[27:03] | – Having a drink? – Was she alone, with a girlfriend? | -喝一杯 -她是一个人 还是有女伴 |
[27:06] | What would that tell us? | 能说明什么 |
[27:07] | A single woman in a bar… | 单身女人去酒吧 |
[27:09] | A single woman might go alone just to have a drink. | 单身女性也可以去酒吧喝一杯的 |
[27:11] | What about her? Is she trying to pick someone up? | 那她呢 她是在钓汉子吗 |
[27:14] | – Well, probably. – Why, because she’s by herself? | -可能吧 -为什么 因为她就一个人吗 |
[27:17] | Because she’s at a bar? | 就因为她在酒吧 |
[27:20] | – Yeah. – That’s an assumption. | -是 -那只是假设 |
[27:21] | Say she is looking for someone, does that make her easy? | 假设她在钓汉子 那是不是说明她很浪荡 |
[27:24] | Is she looking for a husband or a one-night stand? | 她是想找个人结婚还是想一夜情 |
[27:26] | Does the difference change your perception of her? | 这两者会影响你对她的看法吗 |
[27:28] | – Sure. – Why? | -当然 -为什么 |
[27:30] | Well, changes whether I’d be interested in her, theoretically. | 至少会影响我对她感兴趣的可能性 理论上 |
[27:34] | What if you’re looking for a one-night stand… theoretically? | 如果理论上 你在找一夜情呢 |
[27:37] | No, I don’t… It’s not my thing. | 我才不 我不干这种事 |
[27:40] | – Come on, Mark. – Leave him alone. | -得了吧 马克 -别烦他了 |
[27:42] | The question of Beverly’s sexual history is | 贝芙莉的性关系史这么重要 |
[27:44] | only important because if she was seeing other men, | 只是因为如果她在外面还有别人 |
[27:46] | then obviously they’re suspects. | 那这些人显然都是嫌疑人 |
[27:48] | So who else can we talk to? | 所以我们还能找谁谈 |
[27:52] | There’s a couple of friends we could question… again. | 还有几个朋友可以找来 再讯问一遍 |
[27:56] | Anyone else she might have confided in? | 她还可能向谁吐露过心事 |
[27:58] | She did just get her hair done. Right? | 她刚刚做了发型 对吧 |
[28:04] | Here’s a question, | 问题是 |
[28:05] | if it is Benjamin or some other boyfriend who freaked out on her, | 如果是本杰明或其他哪个男友对她发了狂 |
[28:07] | does the case merit our involvement? | 那这案子值得我们插手吗 |
[28:11] | We still can’t rule out a sequence killer, | 我们还是不能排除连续杀人犯的可能性 |
[28:13] | but if the perpetrator was a townie, | 可如果凶手是个本地人 |
[28:14] | then the crime is random, | 那这个案子就是随机行凶 |
[28:16] | and there’s no expectation that he’ll be repeating it. | 我们也就不能预期他再次犯罪了 |
[28:17] | Here’s my question, shouldn’t our funding cover separate rooms? | 而我的问题是 我们没钱住单间吗 |
[28:21] | You don’t like my company? | 你不喜欢我的陪伴吗 |
[28:23] | We’ll get connecting doors. | 咱俩的房间可以有内门 |
[28:42] | The mutilation of her body alone justifies our involvement. | 仅是对她遗体的残害就说明我们有介入的必要 |
[28:48] | Would you mind sitting on your own bed, please? | 能不能请你坐到自己的床上去 |
[29:18] | Well, that was a dead end. | 又是个死胡同 |
[29:20] | Who’s next? | 下一个是谁 |
[29:21] | One of the families she baby-sat for, the Snyders. | 请她当过保姆的其中一家人 斯奈德家 |
[29:25] | You mind if we take a quick detour? Something’s been bugging me. | 能先去另外一个地方吗 有件事我挂心好久了 |
[29:28] | Okay. | 行 |
[29:52] | Hi, Rose. | 你好啊露丝 |
[29:58] | I just got him to sleep. | 我刚把他哄睡 |
[29:59] | Pretty hard having a newborn. | 新生儿最难养 |
[30:01] | All anybody ever tells you is how great it is. | 人人都说生孩子多幸福 |
[30:03] | But my wife and I, with both our kids, | 但我老婆和我在两个孩子刚出生 |
[30:05] | we walked around like zombies for the first three months. | 头三个月都累得跟行尸走肉似的 |
[30:10] | You know, Trinity Lutheran, over on Sycamore, | 话说西克莫街上的三一路德会 |
[30:12] | has a program for single moms. | 有帮助单身母亲的项目 |
[30:14] | Not that you’re single, but it’s your first child | 你虽然不是单身 但也是第一次当妈 |
[30:17] | and they’ll have all kinds of | 他们有各种喂养孩子 |
[30:18] | information on feeding him, getting him to sleep. | 哄孩子睡觉的技巧 |
[30:20] | – Thanks. – What about Frank? | -多谢 -弗兰克呢 |
[30:22] | – He help you out? – When he can. | -他会帮你吗 -有空就帮吧 |
[30:25] | He’s got work. | 他还要上班 |
[30:26] | Your mom certainly seems excited about having a grandbaby. | 你妈有了外孙肯定很高兴吧 |
[30:28] | She is happy. | 她是挺高兴 |
[30:30] | And Benjamin, is he helping? | 本杰明呢 他来帮你吗 |
[30:34] | – No. – You close with Benjamin? | -不 -你和他亲吗 |
[30:37] | He’s my older brother. | 他是我哥哥 |
[30:39] | By how much? | 比你大多少 |
[30:41] | Fourteen months. | 1岁零2个月吧 |
[30:42] | You have good memories growing up? | 你们童年幸福吗 |
[30:44] | Mom went to work. Got two jobs. | 妈要去上班 打了两份工 |
[30:47] | Two kids, two jobs. How’d she swing that? | 有两个孩子还打两份工 她怎么应付得了 |
[30:49] | Me and Benji went to school a couple blocks over. | 我和小本去几个街区外的学校上学 |
[30:51] | We would walk home in the afternoon. | 下午放学就自己走回家 |
[30:53] | – And you were how old? – Ten. Maybe eleven. | -那时你们多大 -10岁 11岁吧 |
[30:56] | That’s pretty young. | 这么小 |
[30:58] | Mom would come home tired, | 妈下班回来那么累 |
[30:59] | wasn’t really up for dealing with kids. | 没力气照顾孩子 |
[31:02] | – I’d make sure the house was clean. – It’s no small feat. | -房子都是我打扫干净的 -真不容易 |
[31:08] | – How old were you when you met Frank? – Sixteen. | -你认识弗兰克时有多大 -16岁 |
[31:11] | You know about the incident with Frank in high school? | 你知道弗兰克高中的事吗 |
[31:16] | It was before I met him. | 那是我认识他之前了 |
[31:19] | You ever talk with him about it? | 你和他谈过那件事吗 |
[31:21] | He told me it was some accident. | 他说那就是个意外 |
[31:25] | Rose… | 露丝 |
[31:27] | you knew Beverly Jean. | 你认识贝芙莉·简 |
[31:30] | What was she like? | 她这人怎么样 |
[31:31] | She was really sweet. | 她真的很好 |
[31:34] | You think she was good for Benjamin? | 你觉得她对本杰明好吗 |
[31:36] | She made him want to leave home. | 她让他愿意出门了 |
[31:39] | I thought that was good. | 我觉得挺好的 |
[31:41] | We gave him money for a security deposit. Signed his lease. | 我们替他出了首付 签了房契 |
[31:45] | Did she intend to marry him? | 她打算嫁给他吗 |
[31:49] | He was working on her. | 他还在争取 |
[31:50] | Was she… seeing other men? | 她 有没有和别的男人鬼混 |
[31:56] | Benjamin thought she might be. | 本杰明觉得她可能有 |
[31:58] | Benjamin told you this? | 本杰明告诉你的吗 |
[32:03] | He said he thought she was giving him the runaround. | 他说他觉得她一直在敷衍小本 |
[32:07] | Getting done up for other guys. | 却为了别的男人精心打扮 |
[32:09] | Done up how? | 怎么打扮 |
[32:11] | Dressing provocatively? | 穿得很暴露 |
[32:13] | Painting her nails? Wearing perfume? | 涂了指甲 还是喷香水 |
[32:15] | Getting her hair done. | 她做了发型 |
[32:17] | Frank told us he was with you | 弗兰克告诉我们 |
[32:19] | the night Beverly Jean was murdered. | 贝芙莉·简被杀那晚他和你在一起 |
[32:21] | – Is that true? – Yes. | -是真的吗 -是 |
[32:25] | Well, uh… | 不过 |
[32:28] | he went out to get us food. | 他出去买过晚饭 |
[32:31] | How long was he gone? | 他去了多久 |
[32:54] | Rose, if you are hiding something | 露丝 如果你隐瞒了什么 |
[32:57] | and they find out about it, it will not be good for you… | 而被他们发现了 那对你会很不利 |
[33:02] | or for him. | 对他也是 |
[33:24] | What are we missing? | 我们遗漏了什么 |
[33:29] | – Did you see those bruises on her arm? – Yeah. | -你看到她手臂上的淤青了吗 -看到了 |
[33:32] | You think Frank did that? | 你觉得是弗兰克干的 |
[33:33] | Her mother told us that | 她妈妈告诉我们 |
[33:34] | he wouldn’t let anyone else get close to her. | 他从不让其他人接近她 |
[33:38] | Should we search Frank’s car? | 我们应该搜查一下弗兰克的车吗 |
[33:40] | – I would need a warrant. – Let’s get one. | -那需要搜查令 -那我们就去搞一张 |
[33:45] | Mark. There’s a young woman downstairs asking for you. | 马克 楼下有个年轻女人找你 |
[33:59] | Hi, Rose. | 你好 露丝 |
[34:06] | Do… | 你… |
[34:11] | Do you promise my baby will be okay if I tell you what happened? | 你能保证如果我告诉你实情我孩子会没事吗 |
[34:15] | Of course. | 当然 |
[34:21] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[34:24] | It’s okay. Hey. | 没事的 |
[34:34] | So you said Frank was not | 你说弗兰克 |
[34:35] | home the night Beverly Jean disappeared? | 在贝芙莉·简失踪的那晚不在家 |
[34:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:42] | Do you know where he was? | 那你知道他在哪吗 |
[34:45] | Yes. | 知道 |
[34:48] | Where was he? | 他在哪儿 |
[34:50] | Benji called us that night and asked Frank to come over. | 那晚小本打电话来让弗兰克过去 |
[34:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:59] | So Frank left. | 弗兰克就去了 |
[35:00] | How long was he gone? | 他去了多久 |
[35:06] | He called after two or three hours. | 他两三个小时之后打电话过来 |
[35:08] | Asked me to come over there too. | 让我也过去 |
[35:10] | – What time was this? – Ten or eleven? | -那是几点 -10点11点吧 |
[35:13] | But I told him I was tired. | 但我告诉他我累了 |
[35:15] | My back hurt. My feet. | 我背很痛 脚也不好使 |
[35:20] | I was more than eight months pregnant. | 我那时已经怀孕超过8个月了 |
[35:22] | Did he say why he wanted you to come over? | 他有说为什么要让你过去吗 |
[35:24] | No. | 没有 |
[35:27] | He just said to come? | 他就说让你过去 |
[35:29] | He said to bring cleaning supplies. | 他让我带上清洁工具 |
[35:34] | But… I forgot. | 但…我忘了 |
[35:40] | Drove over, let myself in. | 我开车过去 进到屋里 |
[35:43] | Frank was in the living room. He told me not to get upset. | 弗兰克在客厅里 他让我不要惊慌 |
[35:47] | Was he upset? | 他惊慌吗 |
[35:49] | He was calm. | 他很冷静 |
[35:51] | Okay. So Frank tells you not to get upset… | 好 弗兰克让你不要惊慌 |
[35:56] | He told me something bad had happened. | 他告诉我有不好的事情发生了 |
[36:00] | My mind started racing, | 我的大脑开始飞速运转 |
[36:02] | I was worried something had happened to Benji. | 我担心小本出了什么事 |
[36:07] | Frank said, “He’s fine, but he’s done something.” | 弗兰克说”他没事 但他犯了事” |
[36:13] | Benjamin did something? | 本杰明犯了事 |
[36:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:21] | I said, “What’s he done?” | 我说”他做了什么” |
[36:24] | He said he got mad at Beverly Jean. | 他说他冲贝芙莉·简发飙了 |
[36:37] | Frank said Benjamin hit her. | 弗兰克说本杰明打了她 |
[36:41] | I asked if she was okay. | 我问她有没有事 |
[36:48] | Frank said, “We got to help Benjamin out of this. | 弗兰克说”我们得帮本杰明搞定这事 |
[36:51] | We got to stick together or he’s going to get in trouble.” | 我们要团结 不然他就有麻烦了” |
[36:58] | I asked where Benjamin was. | 我问他本杰明在哪 |
[37:00] | He said, “He’s in the bathroom.” | 他说”他在浴室” |
[37:03] | I said, “I want to see him.” He said, “Okay. | 我说”我想见他” 他说”好 |
[37:08] | But Beverly Jean is in there too.” | 但贝芙莉·简也在里面” |
[37:13] | The door was open. | 浴室门开着 |
[37:15] | I saw Benji. He… | 我看到了小本 他… |
[37:17] | He had his head in his hands, he was crying. | 他双手抱着头在哭 |
[37:21] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[37:24] | Splashing. | 四处飞溅 |
[37:27] | And then I see Beverly Jean in the bathtub. | 然后我就看到贝芙莉·简在浴缸里 |
[37:31] | Was she alive? | 她还活着吗 |
[37:35] | Dead. | 死了 |
[37:38] | She had her top on, but no panties. | 她上衣还在 但没穿裤子 |
[37:43] | I said, “Benji, what have you done?” | 我说”小本 你都做了什么” |
[37:47] | He shook his head. He didn’t want to look at me. | 他摇摇头 不想看我 |
[37:50] | – Was she face up, face down? – Face up. | -她面朝上还是朝下 -朝上 |
[37:53] | Did you notice any wounds? | 你注意到有什么伤口吗 |
[37:55] | I couldn’t tell, there was a lot of blood. | 看不出 血太多了 |
[37:58] | Then what happened? | 之后发生了什么 |
[38:00] | Then Frank brought in a tarp, spread it on the floor. | 之后弗兰克拿了块油布进来铺在地上 |
[38:03] | Then he asked me to go get cleaning supplies. | 然后他让我去拿清洁工具 |
[38:07] | When I came back, they had already rolled her up. | 我回去的时候他们已经把她裹起来了 |
[38:09] | So they took her out to Frank’s truck and drove off. | 然后他们把她搬到了弗兰克的卡车上开走了 |
[38:14] | I washed out the tub and cleaned up the bathroom. | 我洗干净了浴缸 打扫了浴室 |
[38:17] | I scrubbed the tiles, in the cracks, | 我使劲擦瓷砖 擦砖缝 |
[38:20] | the grouting, the window frame. | 泥缝 窗框 |
[38:23] | I had to wash all the blood down the sink and that seemed to… | 我不得不把所有血都冲下去 感觉就像… |
[38:27] | It took forever… | 用了好久才… |
[38:29] | trying to get it all to go down. | 全冲下去 |
[38:33] | – Did you see a weapon? – There was a knife in the tub. | -你看到武器了吗 -浴缸里有把刀 |
[38:36] | What’d you do with it? | 你怎么处理它的 |
[38:38] | I rinsed it off. | 我把刀冲洗干净 |
[38:40] | Took it to the kitchen, washed it with dish soap. | 拿到厨房里 用洗洁精洗了一遍 |
[38:43] | Put it away. | 然后放好了 |
[38:48] | And then I went home. | 之后我就回家了 |
[38:50] | Did you see Frank or Benjamin again that night? | 那晚后来你有再看到弗兰克和本杰明吗 |
[38:53] | No. | 没有 |
[38:54] | Frank came home early the next morning. | 弗兰克第二天一早回的家 |
[38:59] | Why did you help them? | 你为什么要帮他们 |
[39:03] | It’s just what I’ve always done. | 因为这是我一直以来做的事 |
[39:07] | Who killed her? | 是谁杀了她 |
[39:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |