时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Okay. | 好了 |
[00:32] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[02:24] | – Thanks for coming up, Dr. Carr. – Of course. | -谢谢你能来 卡尔博士 -应该的 |
[02:26] | I realized I don’t know much about your life in Boston, | 我发现我对你在波士顿的生活不甚了解 |
[02:29] | outside of your work at the university. Do you have a husband? | 除了你在大学工作 你有丈夫吗 |
[02:32] | – No. – Kids, or…? | -没有 -孩子呢 或者… |
[02:35] | No. Neither. | 也没有 |
[02:36] | I’ve been following your work, | 我一直在关注你的工作 |
[02:37] | and I have to say I’m rather impressed. | 不得不说 你让我印象深刻 |
[02:39] | Well, thank you. I appreciate that. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[02:40] | I’m not the only one. | 不只我这样想 |
[02:41] | There’s a growing interest in your project around here. | 大家对你的项目越来越感兴趣 |
[02:44] | So I was wondering, | 所以我在想 |
[02:45] | Agents Tench and Ford can’t run this all by themselves, | 坦奇探员和福特探员无法独自完成这些工作 |
[02:48] | if you would be interested in | 你是否愿意在匡提科 |
[02:49] | managing the project and keeping things on track | 以更固定的职位来管理这个项目 |
[02:52] | in a more permanent position here at Quantico. | 让研究工作顺利进行 |
[02:54] | – No. I can’t. – You don’t have to answer now. | -不 我不行 -你不必现在就回答我 |
[02:58] | It’s very flattering, but I already have a job in Boston. | 我很荣幸 但我在波士顿已经有工作了 |
[03:01] | Dr. Carr, your knowledge and professionalism | 卡尔博士 你的知识和专业素养 |
[03:04] | have already had a great impact | 深刻地影响了 |
[03:05] | on our understanding of behavioral science. | 我们对行为科学的理解 |
[03:08] | It would be a shame not to take full advantage of that. | 若不能充分利用就太可惜了 |
[03:12] | Take your time. | 慢慢来 |
[03:16] | Sleep on it. | 好好考虑 |
[03:23] | I’d rather you didn’t tell Tench or Ford | 希望你在决定之前 |
[03:25] | about this until you make your decision. | 不要对坦奇和福特提及此事 |
[03:27] | – They don’t know? – No. | -他们还不知道 -对 |
[03:32] | I have two questions for you, Benjamin. First one… | 我有两个问题 本杰明 第一… |
[03:36] | – That thing on? – Yes. | -开了吗 -开了 |
[03:38] | What the fuck were you crying about last time we saw you? | 我们上次见你时 你他妈在哭什么 |
[03:41] | And secondly, and this one is a big question, | 第二 这是个大问题 |
[03:43] | so I want you to listen very carefully. | 我希望你仔细听好 |
[03:45] | Are you listening to me? Benji? | 你在听我说话吗 小本 |
[03:49] | Why? Why would you do that to Beverly Jean? | 为什么 你为什么要那样对贝芙莉·简 |
[03:54] | Fractured jaw. Two black eyes. | 打裂她下巴 打肿她双眼 |
[03:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:58] | Fourteen stab wounds in the torso with a kitchen knife. | 用菜刀在她身上捅了14下 |
[04:02] | Blow to the head, blunt force trauma. | 用钝器击打她头部 导致外伤 |
[04:04] | Her breasts were amputated. | 割掉她的乳房 |
[04:07] | I need to know this. | 给我个原因 |
[04:10] | Why would you do that to your girlfriend, man? | 你为什么要这样对你女友 |
[04:12] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[04:13] | So you’re telling us it was Frank. | 所以你是说 这是弗兰克干的 |
[04:21] | He called us. He was freaked out. I went over. | 他打给我们 他吓坏了 我就过去了 |
[04:26] | – And then? – I walked into the living room | -然后呢 -我走进客厅 |
[04:28] | and Beverly Jean was knocked out on the floor, tied up. | 看到贝芙莉·简被打晕在地 绑了起来 |
[04:31] | Did he tell you what happened? | 他告诉你发生什么了吗 |
[04:32] | Benji was a total mess. | 小本当时一团糟 |
[04:34] | Think he tried to get into her panties, or someting, | 他可能是想上她之类的 |
[04:35] | she wouldn’t let him, so he knocked her out. | 她不同意 他就把她敲晕了 |
[04:38] | That’s why he called you? | 那是他打给你的原因吗 |
[04:39] | He always calls me when he’s in trouble. | 他每次惹了麻烦都给我打电话 |
[04:41] | – But she was still alive at this point? – Yes. | -但她当时还活着吗 -对 |
[04:43] | – So why’d you kill her? – Don’t answer that. | -那你为何要杀了她 -不用回答 |
[04:51] | I didn’t. | 我没杀她 |
[04:54] | Why would a man, any man, | 为什么一个男人 任何男人 |
[04:55] | do that to a woman’s breasts? | 会对女人的乳房下此毒手 |
[04:58] | And who would take a hunting knife to a woman’s reproductive organs? | 谁会用猎刀切开女人的生殖器官 |
[05:02] | All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[05:03] | “All right”? There’s nothing right about it. | “好吧” 这根本不好 |
[05:05] | That’s enough. Now my client’s also a victim here. | 够了 我的委托人同时也是受害者 |
[05:07] | A victim? Interesting, thank you, I’ll take that. | 受害者 有意思 谢谢 我接受 |
[05:10] | Let’s do an easy one. Why did you do that to her hair? | 换个简单的问题 你为什么要那样处理她的头发 |
[05:12] | – You don’t have to answer that. – So you did cut her hair? | -不用回答 -这么说你确实割下了她的头发 |
[05:15] | Frank seems to think Beverly Jean got to a point in your relationship | 弗兰克似乎认为贝芙莉·简在和你交往过程中 |
[05:18] | where she was interested in seeing other guys. | 开始对其他男人有兴趣 |
[05:21] | She’d just had her hair done, right? | 她刚做好了头发 是不是 |
[05:22] | Let me ask you one more thing. | 我再问你一个问题 |
[05:25] | How does stabbing somebody in the asshole make you feel better? | 用刀捅别人的肛门如何能让你好受一点 |
[05:27] | Enough. This is all just speculation. | 够了 这都是推测而已 |
[05:29] | You still have the death penalty in Pennsylvania? | 宾夕法尼亚州还有死刑吗 |
[05:31] | Don’t threaten my client. | 别威胁我的委托人 |
[05:32] | Tell us you’re not a monster. Give us one reason to believe. | 告诉我们你不是怪物 给我们一个相信你的理由 |
[05:35] | She fucked Frank. | 她睡了弗兰克 |
[05:37] | He told you this? | 他告诉你的吗 |
[05:39] | – I saw. – What did you see? | -我看见了 -你看见了什么 |
[05:42] | I saw her on the living room floor with Frank on top of her. | 我看见她躺在客厅的地板上 弗兰克压在她身上 |
[05:46] | So what did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[05:48] | – Nothing. – You didn’t do anything? | -什么都没做 -你什么都没做 |
[05:50] | – No. – You didn’t hit him? | -没有 -你没打他吗 |
[05:52] | – No. – You hit her. | -没有 -但你打了她 |
[05:54] | Why would Beverly Jean want sex with Frank? | 为什么贝芙莉·简想和弗兰克做爱 |
[05:57] | He’s always saying he liked her hair. | 他总是说他很喜欢她的头发 |
[06:02] | Every time he saw her. | 每次看见她都说 |
[06:04] | Thing is, he didn’t care about her hair at all. | 问题是他根本不在乎她的头发 |
[06:06] | He just used it to rile me. | 他那么说只是为了激怒我 |
[06:10] | She was too stupid to notice. | 她太蠢了 意识不到 |
[06:13] | – So you killed her? – I didn’t kill her. | -所以你杀了她 -我没有杀她 |
[06:16] | She was already dead when I stabbed her. | 我捅她时 她已经死了 |
[06:21] | She was already dead. | 她已经死了 |
[06:24] | – So you raped her in front of him? – He told you that? | -你在他面前强奸她吗 -他告诉你的吗 |
[06:26] | Why do you want to fuck your brother-in-law’s girlfriend? | 你为什么想要操你大舅子的女朋友 |
[06:28] | Maybe he wants to show him how to do it? | 也许他想把正确做法演示给他 |
[06:29] | Maybe you was just trying to mess with him? | 也许你只是和他过不去 |
[06:31] | Fuck you. | 操你妈 |
[06:34] | I hope they fry your ass in the fucking chair. | 我希望他们用电椅处死你 |
[06:36] | Don’t try to intimidate my client. | 不要恐吓我的委托人 |
[06:44] | If Benjamin killed her, you should just tell us. | 如果是本杰明杀了她 你应该告诉我们 |
[06:48] | I didn’t see Benji kill her. | 我没看到小本杀她 |
[07:01] | I hate that fuck Frank, but it’s always the boyfriend. | 我讨厌弗兰克那个混蛋 但凶手总是男朋友 |
[07:04] | When you’re lost, you play the odds. It’s Benjamin. | 想不明白时 看概率就行 凶手是本杰明 |
[07:07] | I’m not so sure. | 我不确定 |
[07:08] | You should have seen Frank after you walked out of the room. | 你真该看看你走出门后弗兰克的样子 |
[07:11] | He looked at me and said, “I did not see Benjamin kill her.” | 他看着我说 “我没看到小本杀她” |
[07:14] | – They’re messing with us. – I believed him. | -他们在扰乱我们 -我相信他 |
[07:16] | – I am sick and tired of this shithole. – I know. | -我真是受够这个鬼地方了 -我知道 |
[07:21] | Hey. Nancy made me promise to invite you to dinner. | 南茜让我一定要邀请你来吃晚餐 |
[07:25] | She wants to see who I’m spending all this time with. You know? | 她想看看整天和我混在一起的是谁 |
[07:27] | Have a look at you. | 她想好好看看你 |
[07:31] | I would love that. | 我很愿意 |
[07:34] | – Could I bring Debbie? – Of course. | -我能带上黛比吗 -当然 |
[07:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:42] | I saw Benji. | 我看到了小本 |
[07:44] | He had his head in his hands. He was crying. | 他双手抱着头在哭 |
[07:48] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[07:51] | Splashing. | 四处飞溅 |
[07:54] | And then I see Beverly Jean in the bathtub. | 然后我就看到贝芙莉·简在浴缸里 |
[07:58] | Was she alive? | 她还活着吗 |
[08:05] | I saw Benji. | 我看到了小本 |
[08:07] | He had his head in his hands. He was crying. | 他双手抱着头在哭 |
[08:12] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[08:14] | Splashing. | 四处飞溅 |
[08:18] | And then I see Beverly Jean in the bathtub. | 然后我就看到贝芙莉·简在浴缸里 |
[08:24] | She was there. | 她当时在场 |
[08:28] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[08:31] | “Splashing.” | “四处飞溅” |
[08:32] | She doesn’t describe splashes on the wall, | 她形容的不是溅到墙上的血迹 |
[08:35] | she uses a verb in the present tense. | 她用了一个现在时态的动词 |
[08:36] | She says, “Splashing.” | 她说”四处飞溅” |
[08:44] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[08:47] | Splashing. | 四处飞溅 |
[08:50] | Beverly Jean was still alive when Rose got there. | 露丝到那儿时 贝芙莉·简还活着 |
[08:54] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[08:59] | The three of them are in it together. | 他们三个是一伙儿的 |
[09:02] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[09:10] | This feels very grown up. | 这样感觉很成年人 |
[09:13] | – What does? – This. | -什么 -这样 |
[09:15] | Going to dinner at your partner’s house. | 去你搭档家里吃晚餐 |
[09:18] | You putting on a tie and being all nervous. | 你戴上领带 紧张不安的 |
[09:20] | I am not nervous. | 我没紧张 |
[09:23] | – If you don’t want to go, just say so. – I do want to go. | -你要是不想去 就直说 -我想去 |
[09:26] | Well, you could be a little less sarcastic. | 那你可以少挖苦我一点 |
[09:28] | What makes you think I’m being sarcastic? | 你为什么觉得我在挖苦你 |
[09:49] | That’s better. | 这样好多了 |
[10:07] | Hi. Welcome. Please come in. | 欢迎 快进来 |
[10:09] | Hi! I’m so happy that you’re here. Come in. | 你们来了我真高兴 快进来 |
[10:12] | – I’m Nancy. – I’m Bill. | -我是南茜 -我是比尔 |
[10:14] | Debbie. I’ve heard a lot about you. | 我是黛比 我听说过很多关于你的事 |
[10:16] | I can only imagine what Holden might have said. | 我能想到霍顿都说了些什么 |
[10:18] | I have been dying to meet you. | 我一直很想见你 |
[10:19] | Isn’t it crazy that we haven’t met yet? | 你能相信我们竟然一直没见面吗 |
[10:21] | Yes, I’ve been dying to meet you, too. | 我也一直很想见你 |
[10:26] | Look at you. You’re babies. | 看看你们 如此年轻 |
[10:29] | Would you like a glass of wine? | 要来杯葡萄酒吗 |
[10:31] | I’d love one. | 我很乐意来一杯 |
[10:32] | I have so much to talk to you about. | 我有好多话想和你说 |
[10:35] | Let’s get you a drink. | 我去给你拿杯酒 |
[10:41] | Well, hello there. | 你好 |
[10:42] | Say hello, Brian. | 打个招呼 布莱恩 |
[10:46] | It’s okay. I used to have these when I was a kid. | 没关系 我小时候也有这些 |
[10:53] | I used to see how tall I could make the tower before it fell over. | 我以前常试试我在塔倒下之前能搭多高 |
[11:02] | May I? | 我能试试吗 |
[11:14] | Brian, its almost time to brush your teeth. | 布莱恩 差不多该去刷牙了 |
[11:18] | Come on, let’s have a drink. | 来吧 我们喝杯酒 |
[11:22] | I’m getting too old for one cheap motel after another. | 我老了 不能再常常住在便宜的汽车旅馆 |
[11:24] | One highway grill after another. | 不断地吃高速上的简餐 |
[11:26] | Sports bars. No one can mix a martini. | 去运动酒吧 那里没人会调马提尼 |
[11:29] | I can mix a martini. | 我就很会调马提尼 |
[11:31] | – Nancy makes the best dry martini. – Is that right? | -南茜调的马提尼最好喝 -是吗 |
[11:33] | If nothing else, I can do that. | 别的不说 调酒我最在行 |
[11:38] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[11:39] | – I can’t mix a martini. – But he sure can drink ’em. | -我调不好马提尼 -但他会喝啊 |
[11:43] | No. | 不 |
[11:43] | Where are you from? Bill never tells me much. | 你是哪里人 比尔从不和我多说 |
[11:45] | I know that you did Road School for a while, but… | 我知道你做过一阵的巡回教学 但… |
[11:49] | Does he tell you anything? | 他会和你说吗 |
[11:50] | Oh, yes. Holden loves to talk. | 当然 霍顿滔滔不绝 |
[11:52] | See? It’s possible to talk about things together. | 看 一起聊天是有可能的 |
[11:58] | Where were you born? | 你在哪儿出生的 |
[12:01] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[12:02] | Certainly not New York. | 肯定不是纽约 |
[12:05] | You’re more of a Midwestern kind of guy. | 你有中西部男人的那种特质 |
[12:08] | See? | 听到没 |
[12:09] | Actually, I was born in Brooklyn. | 其实我就是在布鲁克林出生的 |
[12:14] | I was. I don’t know why you always think that’s funny. | 真的 搞不懂你为什么总觉得好笑 |
[12:16] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:19] | Sure. Go ahead and make fun of me. | 没事 尽管开我玩笑吧 |
[12:23] | Where was he until then? | 那之前他在哪儿 |
[12:25] | He was in an orphanage for 13 months. | 他在孤儿院待了13个月 |
[12:29] | But we haven’t been able to find out where he was before then. | 但我们查不出他之前在哪儿 |
[12:33] | How he got there or… | 他怎么到的孤儿院或者… |
[12:35] | – Are you going to have kids? – No. | -你们打算要孩子吗 -不 |
[12:38] | At least not yet. | 至少现在不考虑 |
[12:40] | We tried several times, but then we decided to adopt. | 我们试过几次 但后来决定收养一个 |
[12:45] | I always thought it was such a beautiful way to help a child. | 我一直认为这是个帮助孩子很美好的方式 |
[12:49] | I never thought of it like that. | 我从未那样想过 |
[12:52] | If I have to be completely honest, I did it for my own sake. | 老实说 我是为了我自己 |
[12:58] | Can’t it be both? | 不能两者都有吗 |
[13:02] | Sometimes I wonder if I’m doing it well enough | 有时候我会想 自己做的够不够好 |
[13:04] | or if it would have been better | 或者如果他被其他家庭领养 |
[13:05] | for him to have gone to somebody else’s home. | 现在会不会过得更好 |
[13:09] | I think he’s very lucky to have you. | 我觉得他有你很幸运 |
[13:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:16] | How do you tell? | 怎么判断呢 |
[13:20] | Sometimes I get up at night and watch him sleeping. | 有时候我半夜起来看他睡觉 |
[13:26] | But I can’t help but wonder who he was… | 但我总忍不住在想 他被我们收养前 |
[13:30] | before we got him. | 是什么样子 |
[13:35] | What did he see or hear? | 他有什么见闻 |
[13:41] | Did anyone hold him when he cried? | 当他哭时 有没有人抱住他 |
[14:00] | He’s beautiful. | 他真美 |
[14:05] | I just wish I knew what went on inside that little head of his. | 我真希望自己知道他的小脑袋里在想什么 |
[14:10] | It’s always the mother, isn’t it? | 根源总是母亲 不是吗 |
[14:12] | They all have a crazy, angry mother. | 他们都有个疯狂 愤怒的母亲 |
[14:14] | Or an absent father. | 或者缺席的父亲 |
[14:16] | Benjamin only changed after his father took off. | 本杰明在他父亲离开之后才变了样 |
[14:18] | Maybe has nothing to do with the mother. | 也许根本和母亲毫无关系 |
[14:20] | Aren’t all fathers absent in some way? | 在某程度上 所有父亲都缺席 不是吗 |
[14:23] | I know my old man was never around. | 我知道我小时候爸爸总不在家 |
[14:24] | Imagine how different Benjamin and Rose’s lives might have been | 试想一下如果他们的父亲从未离开 |
[14:27] | if their father never left. | 本杰明和露丝的生活会有多不同 |
[14:28] | I’m not sure it would’ve changed much. | 我觉得不会有多大区别 |
[14:33] | – Your father really didn’t speak to you? – No. | -你父亲以前真的不和你说话吗 -不说 |
[14:37] | But you speak with Brian. | 但你会和布莱恩聊天 |
[14:42] | You want one more? | 再来一杯吗 |
[14:46] | – Did you walk him through the crime scene? – Yeah. | -你带他去犯罪现场了吗 -去了 |
[14:48] | Okay. Has he seen all our notes on the evidence? | 好 我们对证据做的注释他都看了吗 |
[14:51] | – Yeah, I showed him everything. – And? | -我都给他看了 -然后呢 |
[14:53] | He is going to try Benjamin first. | 他要先审判本杰明 |
[14:55] | Wait a minute. Say that again. | 等等 再说一遍 |
[14:57] | He’s only gonna try Benjamin, not all three. | 他只会审判本杰明 不会审判另外两人 |
[14:59] | – Mark, that’s not right. – Is that Ocasek? | -马克 这不对 -是奥卡塞克吗 |
[15:01] | He’s confident after he convicts Benjamin… | 他有信心给本杰明定罪后… |
[15:03] | Obviously, there’s something he doesn’t understand. | 显然 有些事情他没搞明白 |
[15:05] | Well, I tried to explain exactly like you said, | 我试着按你说的解释给他听 |
[15:08] | but he wasn’t interested in talking. | 但他对谈话没兴趣 |
[15:09] | – Okay, look, I’ll call you back. – I’m sorry. | -好吧 我等下给你回电 -抱歉 |
[15:11] | Shit, it’s not your fault, Mark. | 这不是你的错 马克 |
[15:13] | Let me talk to some folks here and get back to you. | 我先和这儿的人谈谈 再和你说 |
[15:15] | – Okay. – What’s happening? | -好的 -现在是什么情况 |
[15:17] | The DA is going after Benjamin first, | 地检要先审判本杰明 |
[15:19] | which no doubt means he’ll end up offering a plea deal | 也就是说他最后会因为弗兰克和露丝的证词 |
[15:21] | for Frank’s and Rose’s testimony. | 向他们提供认罪协议 |
[15:22] | Did Ocasek tell him about Frank’s history of violence? | 奥卡塞克有没有告诉他弗兰克的暴力史 |
[15:25] | I’m sure he did. | 他肯定说了 |
[15:27] | Clearly, he’s the most dangerous of the three. | 显然他是三人中最危险的 |
[15:29] | We need to go talk to the DA, help him understand. | 我们得去和地检谈谈 帮他搞清楚 |
[15:32] | I have a deposition this afternoon. | 我下午要宣誓作证 |
[15:33] | – I can’t do anything till tomorrow. – I’ll go. | -明天才有空 -我去 |
[15:37] | You better go with him. | 你最好和他一起去 |
[15:45] | It is acutely obvious that, in this particular instance, | 很显然 在此案件中 |
[15:48] | the anger was triggered by stressors | 愤怒是由集中在他未婚妻身上的 |
[15:51] | that were focused on his fiancé in particular. | 压力源触发的 |
[15:53] | “Stressors”? | “压力源” |
[15:54] | Dramatic life events. Things that pushed both their buttons. | 剧变的生活事件 同时能触动他俩的事 |
[15:57] | Frank Janderman was happily married with a new baby on the way. | 弗兰克·詹德曼婚姻幸福 妻子快生了 |
[16:00] | But Frank didn’t want to be a father. He hated that. | 但弗兰克不想当父亲 他痛恨此事 |
[16:03] | – Is that a motive? – No. It’s what we call a stressor. | -这是动机吗 -不 我们称之为压力源 |
[16:07] | So you think Frank did it? | 所以你认为是弗兰克干的 |
[16:08] | Benjamin wouldn’t have been able to do it on his own. | 只凭本杰明一个人他做不到 |
[16:11] | You’re saying Benjamin was provoked by Frank? | 你意思是本杰明是被弗兰克激怒的吗 |
[16:13] | Pushed. Yes. | 被逼迫 没错 |
[16:14] | Frank saw his chance and raped Beverly Jean. | 弗兰克看到了机会 强奸了贝芙莉·简 |
[16:18] | – Situationally motivated sexual assaults… – Wait. | -由情境诱发的性侵犯… -等等 |
[16:20] | – “Situationally”? – As opposed to preferential, yes. | -“情境” -是的 与”自身”相对 |
[16:23] | Well, look it. Here’s my question. | 听着 我的问题是 |
[16:26] | Who killed her? | 谁杀了她 |
[16:27] | All three of them are responsible for her death. | 他们三人都对她的死有责任 |
[16:29] | – So they all mutilated the body? – No, that was Benjamin. | -他们都破坏了尸体吗 -不 是本杰明做的 |
[16:32] | Frank and Benjamin left her body at the dump, wrapped up. | 弗兰克和本杰明把她的尸体包好 扔到了垃圾场 |
[16:35] | But Benjamin came back a few days later. He couldn’t let go. | 但本杰明几天后又回去了 他无法释怀 |
[16:39] | Remember, he was under a lot of stress. | 记住 他当时压力很大 |
[16:40] | He took the knife to her… | 他用刀把她… |
[16:41] | Let me stop you there, because… here’s the problem. | 容我打断一下 问题是 |
[16:45] | How do I prove all this? | 我要如何证明这些 |
[16:46] | I’m just here to provide you with intelligent, accurate analysis. | 我只是来向你提供合理 准确的分析 |
[16:49] | If a jury can’t understand your analysis, | 要是陪审团无法理解你的分析 |
[16:51] | then it’s no use to anybody, is it? | 那就毫无用处了 不是吗 |
[16:53] | I agree. But it isn’t my job | 我同意 但让陪审团理解 |
[16:54] | to make the jury understand anything. | 不是我的工作 |
[16:56] | That’s your job. | 而是你的工作 |
[16:57] | And we have all placed our trust in you. | 我们都寄希望于你 |
[17:05] | How do we translate this so you can use it? | 我们要如何解释 你才能使用 |
[17:07] | What you’re saying is that | 你在说的是 |
[17:08] | both Benjamin and Frank killed her, right? | 本杰明和弗兰克两个人都杀了她 是吗 |
[17:11] | It’s complicated, I know. | 我知道这很复杂 |
[17:13] | Benjamin knocked her out because he felt like he was rejected, | 本杰明敲晕了她 因为他感到自己被拒绝了 |
[17:16] | which is a stressor. | 这就是压力源 |
[17:17] | He tied her up and called his brother-in-law Frank | 他把她绑起来 打给他妹夫弗兰克 |
[17:20] | because he didn’t know what to do. | 因为他不知道该怎么办 |
[17:21] | So Frank comes over | 于是弗兰克过去了 |
[17:22] | and takes advantage of the situation and rapes her. | 利用当时的现状 趁机强奸了她 |
[17:25] | Benjamin doesn’t stop him because he wants to see her humiliated. | 本杰明没有阻止他 因为他想看到她被羞辱 |
[17:29] | Now Frank knows that he’s in trouble, | 然后弗兰克知道自己有麻烦了 |
[17:31] | so he starts telling Benjamin what a slut she is. | 他就开始告诉本杰明她是个荡妇 |
[17:34] | And that is a big problem for Benjamin. | 对本杰明来说 那是个很严重的问题 |
[17:37] | So they kill her. | 所以他们杀了她 |
[17:38] | Then they call Rose, have her come and help clean up. | 他们接着打给露丝 让她过来帮忙清理 |
[17:40] | And she sees the poor girl in the bathtub | 她看到那可怜的女孩躺在浴缸里 |
[17:43] | and realizes that she’s still alive. | 意识到她还活着 |
[17:45] | So they stab her again. | 所以他们再次捅了她 |
[17:47] | And then they move the body to the dump. | 然后把尸体移到了垃圾场 |
[17:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:58] | – That went well. – You think? | -还挺顺利 -是吗 |
[18:01] | Sure, I mean… what don’t you think he grasped? | 对啊 你觉得他哪里没理解 |
[18:05] | Well, I mean, Holden, you know these people. I don’t. | 霍顿 你了解这些人 我不了解 |
[18:08] | I think that he seemed very intent on blaming Benjamin, | 我觉得他一开始决心把罪行归咎于本杰明 |
[18:11] | and I’m not quite sure I got him over that. | 我不确定自己是否让他改变了心意 |
[18:15] | Well, certainly at the end, he seemed very attentive. | 至少在最后 他好像听得很专心 |
[18:18] | I thought you laid it out clearly and concisely for him | 我觉得你已经简明扼要地向他解释了 |
[18:21] | that it was all three. | 他们三个都是杀人犯 |
[18:22] | Well, if you’re right, then we should be fine. | 如果你是对的 那我们应该没问题 |
[18:24] | Yes, we should be. | 是的 应该没问题 |
[18:32] | – How’s commuting? – What do you mean? | -通勤怎么样了 -什么意思 |
[18:34] | Having half of your life in Boston. | 你一半的生活都在波士顿 |
[18:37] | What? | 什么 |
[18:40] | Is the back and forth becoming a strain? | 往返两地成为你的负担了吗 |
[18:41] | I know that it was discombobulating for me, all the travel, | 至少对我来说 之前为兼顾巡回教学 |
[18:44] | when we were straddling Road School. | 四处奔波时 非常累人 |
[18:49] | Is small talk a way you deal with your anxiety? | 闲聊是你处理焦虑的方式吗 |
[18:53] | I suppose. | 大概吧 |
[18:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:08] | Thought you were back tomorrow. | 你不是明天才回来吗 |
[20:10] | Was. Plans changed. | 本来是的 但计划有变 |
[20:12] | We talked about that. | 我们说过这事了 |
[20:13] | Sorry, but I’m so glad you’re home early. | 抱歉 但我很高兴你提早回来了 |
[20:25] | You look tired. | 你看起来很累 |
[20:27] | I mean, you look great, but also a little tired. | 我是说 你看起来很美 但也有点累 |
[20:31] | Thanks. I, uh… I’m okay. | 谢谢 我… 我没事 |
[20:34] | If you want to go home, freshen up, | 你可以先回家 梳洗一下 |
[20:35] | I’ve got some things to finish here. | 我还有点工作要做 |
[20:38] | Oh, yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[20:42] | You know, I actually wanted to talk something over with you. | 其实我有点事想和你谈谈 |
[20:44] | It’d be great if we could do that tonight. | 要是今晚能谈就太好了 |
[20:46] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[20:48] | You know, it’s fine. It can wait. | 没事 可以等等再谈 |
[20:50] | No. No, come on. | 不 过来 |
[20:53] | I don’t think he even tried to understand what I was saying. | 我觉得他根本不想弄明白我在说什么 |
[20:55] | He just wanted some buzzwords that he could parrot. | 他只想学一些他可以照搬去用的专业术语 |
[20:58] | Intellectually, these people have reached their limits. | 这些人已经达到了他们智力的上限 |
[21:02] | They will never understand the discourse on any deeper level, | 他们永远听不懂更深层次的话 |
[21:04] | nor will they ever become conversant in your vernacular. | 也永远不会精通你的术语 |
[21:06] | I actually think they’re quite intuitive. | 事实上 我觉得他们很直观 |
[21:09] | I’m not talking about my colleagues. | 我说的不是我的同事们 |
[21:11] | Your colleagues? | 你的同事们 |
[21:13] | – Are you an FBI agent? – Don’t be absurd. | -你是联调局探员吗 -别傻了 |
[21:18] | But that is what I wanted to discuss. | 但那就是我想和你讨论的 |
[21:20] | I’m having a really hard time | 我很难在我的研究 |
[21:22] | juggling my research and everything back here. | 和这里的生活之间找到平衡 |
[21:25] | I warned you this would happen. | 我提醒过你会这样 |
[21:28] | Well, I’m torn. And I’m not really delivering either place. | 我现在很为难 我两边都没做好 |
[21:32] | And I should be spending more time at Quantico. | 而我应该花费更多时间在匡提科 |
[21:34] | I think that’s a bad idea. | 我觉得这不是好主意 |
[21:40] | – But you know best. – Well, I’m not sure I do or… | -但你知道怎样最好 -我不确定我知道… |
[21:44] | It’s why I wanted to talk it over. | 所以我想和你好好谈谈 |
[21:47] | I don’t have to remind you. Your review is in three months. | 不用我提醒你 你三个月后就要接受审核 |
[21:52] | If you aren’t tenured, you’ll leave the university. | 如果你没被授予终身教职 你会离开大学 |
[21:54] | Yeah, you needn’t remind me. | 你用不着提醒我 |
[21:56] | It’s no secret I find it difficult | 你知道我也不好受 |
[21:57] | watching you waste your time down there. | 看着你在那边浪费时间 |
[21:59] | Waste my time? | 浪费时间 |
[22:02] | Do you think that I’m wasting my time? | 你觉得我是在浪费时间吗 |
[22:04] | – Come on, I don’t wanna argue about this. – Neither do I. | -别这样 我不想争论这个 -我也不想 |
[22:08] | Babe, focus on the thing that will make your career. | 宝贝 专注于对你事业有帮助的事情 |
[22:11] | They’ve offered me a full-time position. | 他们给我提供了一份全职工作 |
[22:14] | And? | 然后呢 |
[22:18] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[22:19] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么会这么说 |
[22:22] | I’m sure it’s flattering, but honestly, you said it yourself, | 这样很好 但说真的 你自己也说了 |
[22:24] | these people have reached their intellectual limits. | 这些人已经达到了他们智力的上限 |
[22:27] | No, I didn’t say that. | 不 我没那么说 |
[22:31] | Do they know you’re lesbian? | 他们知道你是同性恋吗 |
[22:34] | – Of course not. – Exactly. You can’t be yourself. | -当然不知道 -正是 你没办法做自己 |
[22:38] | Are you really going to hide half of your life? | 你真的要把一半的生活都隐藏起来吗 |
[22:41] | – I do that here. – What do you mean by that? | -我在这里也是如此 -你这是什么意思 |
[22:43] | I can’t tell any of your friends I work with the FBI | 我不能告诉你的朋友们我和联调局合作 |
[22:45] | – because it could reflect badly on you. – Let’s not. | -因为会对你产生不好的影响 -别这样 |
[22:51] | I told Will and Gore I’d meet them for a glass of wine. | 我跟威尔和戈尔约好了要一起喝酒 |
[22:55] | Please. | 拜托 |
[22:58] | Come with me. | 和我一起去吧 |
[23:01] | In society, everyone behaves in certain ways | 在社会中 每个人都会为了 |
[23:03] | in order to avoid embarrassment, either for ourselves or others. | 避免自己或他人尴尬 而表现出某些特定行为 |
[23:07] | The very idea of embarrassing oneself, or others, | 通过展现真正的自己 使自己或他人尴尬这种想法 |
[23:11] | by being oneself speaks to a deeper treachery. | 证明了更深层次的背叛 |
[23:15] | Treachery! | 背叛 |
[23:16] | Goffman saw a connection between the kinds of acts or masks that | 高夫曼看出了人们在现实生活中的角色和行为 |
[23:20] | people put on in their daily lives and in theatrical performances. | 与戏剧表演之间的联系 |
[23:25] | In a social interaction, as in a theatrical performance, | 社交互动与戏剧表演都一样 |
[23:28] | there’s an onstage area where individuals, | 有一个舞台区域 |
[23:30] | or actors as the case may be, appear before the audience. | 个人或演员站在上面 面对观众表演 |
[23:34] | But there must be a backstage, | 但一定会有后台 |
[23:36] | a hidden, private area, | 隐藏起来的私人区域 |
[23:38] | where individuals can truly be themselves. | 在那里每个人都可以做真正的自己 |
[23:40] | Of course, Annaliese, that’s lovely, | 当然 安娜丽丝 这种想法很好 |
[23:41] | but you’re missing the point. | 但你没搞清楚重点 |
[23:42] | – Excuse me. – There’s no risk of embarrassment | -失陪 -在隐藏起来的私人区域 |
[23:44] | for anyone in their hidden and private places. | 不会有任何人发生尴尬 |
[23:47] | It’s not backstage where the damage is done. | 造成伤害的地方从来不是后台 |
[23:50] | Must we indulge in your melodrama? | 我们必须沉溺于你的闹剧中吗 |
[24:11] | What the fuck happened, Mark? | 到底发生了什么 马克 |
[24:12] | – I think you guys might be too late. – Is he in there? | -我觉得你们可能来迟了 -他在里面吗 |
[24:14] | – Yeah. – Let’s go talk to him. | -在 -我们去和他谈谈 |
[24:17] | Look, I know you came a long way… | 我知道你们过来一趟不容易… |
[24:18] | Who doesn’t like a four-hour drive in winter? | 谁不喜欢在大冬天里开4小时车呢 |
[24:20] | If it’s done, it’s done. | 如果结束就是结束了 |
[24:21] | It ain’t over till the fat lady sings. | 不到最后就还没结束 |
[24:28] | You offered him a plea bargain? | 你给他提供了认罪协议吗 |
[24:30] | He just pled guilty to third-degree murder. | 他刚刚认了三级谋杀罪 |
[24:32] | And he is now facing five to 20 years | 现在面临在州立精神病院 |
[24:34] | in a state psychiatric hospital. | 服刑5到20年 |
[24:36] | – You’ve misunderstood. – Look. You did a great job. | -你误解了 -你们干得不错 |
[24:39] | And you almost got it right. | 但你们弄错了一点 |
[24:41] | But it was never Frank, it was all Benjamin. | 犯人从来不是弗兰克 一直都是本杰明 |
[24:42] | You know that’s not true. | 你知道不是这样的 |
[24:45] | You had an expert in psychopathy and sexual homicide | 你们让一位波士顿大学的 |
[24:48] | from Boston University make a recommendation | 精神病和性谋杀专家提出建议 |
[24:50] | that Frank motivated Benjamin to commit murder and… | 说是弗兰克促使本杰明杀害… |
[24:53] | She said he pushed his buttons. | 她是说他触发了他 |
[24:54] | And Benjamin came back and disfigured the body. | 接着本杰明回去 破坏了尸体 |
[24:57] | Well, guess what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[24:58] | Frank confirmed all that. | 弗兰克确证了这一切 |
[24:59] | But Dr. Carr got one thing wrong. | 但卡尔博士弄错了一件事 |
[25:01] | Frank didn’t rape her. Benjamin did. | 弗兰克没有强奸她 是本杰明 |
[25:04] | The victim was already dead when Frank got there. | 当弗兰克到那时 被害人已经死了 |
[25:06] | – Hold on. – She said Benjamin was jealous, | -等等 -她说本杰明嫉妒 |
[25:08] | sexually frustrated, humiliated. | 受到性挫折 非常屈辱 |
[25:10] | That’s a motive. | 那就是动机 |
[25:11] | – You got it all wrong. – I have the report right here. | -你全都弄错了 -报告就在这里 |
[25:13] | I’ve read the report. It points in the opposite direction. | 我看过报告了 指向了完全相反的方向 |
[25:16] | Benjamin was impotent because of the stressors. | 本杰明因为压力源而无法勃起 |
[25:18] | He was frustrated and humiliated. | 他受到性挫折 非常屈辱 |
[25:20] | It was impossible for him to rape the victim. | 他不可能强奸被害人 |
[25:22] | I understand the righteousness of your cause, | 我理解你事业的正义性 |
[25:24] | but this is an exceptionally difficult and disturbing case. | 但这起案子极其困难 令人烦恼 |
[25:27] | There’s very little forensic evidence. | 法医证据很少 |
[25:29] | Almost all the evidence is circumstantial. | 几乎所有证据都是间接证据 |
[25:31] | You classify our evidence as circumstantial? | 你把我们的证据归类为间接证据 |
[25:36] | Frank told us where to find the victim’s breasts. | 弗兰克告诉我们哪里能找到被害人的乳房 |
[25:39] | – Benjamin had kept them. – So? | -本杰明留着它们 -所以呢 |
[25:41] | So, I got a guy who’s jealous, sexually frustrated, | 一个疑犯嫉妒 受到性挫折 |
[25:43] | and we find the victim’s breasts buried in his backyard. | 还把被害人的乳房埋到自家后院 |
[25:47] | Then I got a guy who’s willing to tell us what happened. | 另一个疑犯愿意告诉我们当时的情况 |
[25:49] | There’s a huge difference between killing a woman | 杀害一个女人和在她死后才破坏尸体 |
[25:51] | and mutilating her body after she is dead. | 有着本质的区别 |
[25:53] | A plea bargain is the only antidote against a failed prosecution. | 认罪协议是解决起诉失败的唯一有效方法 |
[25:57] | You’re letting Frank off. | 你要放过弗兰克 |
[25:58] | He shouldn’t just go to a mental institution for five years. | 去精神病院待5年太便宜他了 |
[26:01] | – He should be put away for life. – Five to 20 years. | -他该判终身监禁 -是5到20年 |
[26:04] | And the defense is arguing the state had a duty of care | 而且辩方正在争辩 弗兰克第一次入院时 |
[26:07] | the first time Frank was in the hospital. | 州政府对他应有注意义务 |
[26:08] | Theoretically the onus is on the state to make him better. | 理论上州政府有义务让他好转 |
[26:11] | He’s never going to get better. | 他永远不会变好 |
[26:13] | I have to make a phone call. | 我得打个电话 |
[26:36] | He’s letting the wrong guy off with a lighter sentence. | 他让真正的罪人从轻发落了 |
[26:38] | When Wendy explained it to him, he seemed to understand. | 温迪给他解释时 还以为他理解了 |
[26:43] | I think he just wasn’t sure he could convince a jury. | 我觉得他只是不确定自己能否说服陪审团 |
[26:46] | – This way it’s airtight. – He didn’t try. | -这样做就万无一失 -他试都没试 |
[26:53] | No hard feelings, okay? | 别生气 好吗 |
[26:55] | I know the outcome wasn’t what you wanted. | 我知道这不是你们想要的结果 |
[26:58] | All three behind bars, and Benjamin’ll fry for what he did. | 三人全部入狱 本杰明被处电刑 罪有应得 |
[27:01] | Not all bad. You know what we’re up against. | 不全是坏事 你们知道我们面对的是什么 |
[27:06] | We have to consider the attention span of a prospective jury pool. | 我们必须考虑潜在陪审团的注意力持续时间 |
[27:09] | Need to keep them in mind. | 得牢记于心 |
[27:10] | Our objective is | 我们的目标是 |
[27:11] | the lowest cost for the highest quality of justice. | 用最小的代价换取最高质量的司法公正 |
[27:14] | You know this is bullshit. | 你知道这都是扯淡 |
[27:17] | Let me at least get you a steak sandwich. | 我请你们吃牛排三明治吧 |
[27:18] | Outside of KC, it’s the best I’ve come across. | 就在堪萨斯城外 是我吃过最好吃的 |
[27:20] | – No, thanks. – I’ve lost my appetite. | -不用了 谢谢 -我没食欲 |
[27:23] | We need to hit the road. | 我们得上路了 |
[27:25] | Okay. Thank you for everything. | 好吧 感谢你们做的一切 |
[27:39] | What difference does any of this make | 若我们不能与真正重要的人交流 |
[27:41] | if we can’t communicate it to the people who matter? | 这一切又有何区别 |
[27:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[28:04] | It’s all about process now. | 现在以过程为重 |
[28:06] | Refining our methodology, | 改善我们的方法 |
[28:07] | making sure we’re airtight and idiot-proof. | 确保我们无懈可击 并简单易懂 |
[28:10] | So we need more subjects. | 我们需要更多研究对象 |
[28:11] | – Ones just like Kemper, please. – Those were the days. | -最好是跟坎伯一样的对象 -那真是好时光 |
[28:14] | You know, you’re going to see people present with similar pathologies, | 你们会见到呈现出类似病症的人 |
[28:17] | but the way a person kills | 但每个人杀人的方式 |
[28:19] | is as individual and distinct as the way they have sex. | 正如他们做爱的方式一样独特 |
[28:22] | And just as complicated. | 并且同样复杂 |
[28:24] | Jerome Brudos. King of souvenirs. | 杰罗姆·布鲁多斯 纪念品之王 |
[28:27] | – Brudos? The shoe guy? – Who’s he? | -布鲁多斯 那个爱收集鞋子的人 -他是谁 |
[28:30] | Six, seven years ago. Sometimes he wore women’s dresses. | 6 7年前的杀手 他有时会穿女人的裙子 |
[28:33] | He amputated the breasts of his first and third victims. | 他割下了第一个和第三个被害人的乳房 |
[28:36] | Just like Benjamin. | 和本杰明一样 |
[28:36] | It’s themed. Wendy loves a pattern. | 同个主题 温迪喜欢模式 |
[28:39] | It’s all about finding patterns. | 重要的就是找到模式 |
[28:41] | Except he went a little further than Benjamin. | 但他比本杰明更进一步 |
[28:43] | He plaster cast the breasts | 他把乳房做成了石膏模型 |
[28:44] | and made them into bronze paperweights. | 并制成了青铜镇纸 |
[28:46] | He’s creative. | 他很有创意 |
[28:47] | His second victim, | 第二个被害人 |
[28:48] | he amputated a foot which he stored in his freezer. | 他切下了一只脚 保存在了冰箱里 |
[28:51] | He had a collection of hundreds of women’s shoes | 他收藏了数百名女性的鞋 |
[28:53] | which he used for masturbation. | 用来自慰 |
[28:55] | – I think we can learn a lot from this guy. – I’m in. | -我觉得能从他身上学到很多 -算我一个 |
[28:59] | This time we use the questionnaire. | 这次我们用调查问卷 |
[29:02] | Did we settle on that? | 我们有说好吗 |
[29:03] | We have to be able to distinguish the fractal similarities and differences | 我们必须能够区分不同模式的相同处和不同处 |
[29:07] | so that we can codify it clearly. | 才能将其整理分类 |
[29:09] | Otherwise, we’re just wasting our time. | 不然我们就只是在浪费时间 |
[29:11] | Sure, but sometimes you got to go with your gut. | 当然 但有时候就得靠直觉 |
[29:13] | And when you first walk in, you can trust your instinct. | 你第一次接触 可以靠直觉 |
[29:15] | But once you get your subject talking, | 但一旦让研究对象开口了 |
[29:17] | we need the protocols so we can build a consistent data set. | 我们就需要规则 才能建立一致的数据集 |
[29:21] | – Makes sense. – What else do we know about Brudos? | -有道理 -对于布鲁多斯 我们还知道什么 |
[29:23] | As a teenager, he started grabbing lingerie from clotheslines. | 青少年时期 他开始偷取衣绳上的女性内衣 |
[29:26] | Soon he was breaking into homes, | 不久后他就擅闯房屋 |
[29:27] | stealing women’s underwear, shoes, and dresses. | 偷女性内衣 鞋以及裙子 |
[29:30] | And then eventually, he escalated to kidnapping and murder. | 最后他作案升级 开始实施绑架和谋杀 |
[29:33] | But he was married with two children by then. | 但他当时已经结婚并育有两子了 |
[29:35] | This file is as thick as an encyclopedia. | 这份档案和百科全书一样厚 |
[29:38] | You really think we’re gonna get something | 你真认为我们还能从他那得到 |
[29:38] | from this guy that isn’t already in here? | 这里边没有的信息吗 |
[29:40] | Absolutely. | 绝对能 |
[29:42] | In all that paperwork, there’s not a single word that illuminates | 所有文件都没有提及 |
[29:44] | what he was thinking or feeling before or during or after the crimes. | 他在犯罪前 犯罪中和犯罪后的想法与感受 |
[29:48] | There’s nothing on his operation principles, his logic. | 没有任何关于他行动原则以及逻辑的信息 |
[29:51] | – Logic? – His internal logic, yes. | -逻辑 -没错 他的内在逻辑 |
[29:53] | Which, hopefully, one day we’ll be able to decipher. | 希望有一天我们能予以破解 |
[29:57] | So, we all agreed. Brudos is next. | 那么我们都同意了 布鲁多斯是下个对象 |
[29:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[30:02] | Do you mind if I take that room? | 你介意我用那个房间吗 |
[30:04] | – For what? – For my office. | -干什么用 -作为办公室 |
[30:07] | Oh, sure, fine. Go ahead. | 当然 随便用 |
[30:09] | – Do you need help? – No. | -你需要帮助吗 -不用 |
[30:12] | I actually enjoy this part, organizing my space. | 我很享受整理自己空间的过程 |
[30:16] | She’s staying. | 她要留下来了 |
[30:18] | Carver was right. | 卡弗说得对 |
[30:20] | You really are Sherlock Holmes. | 你果真是当代福尔摩斯 |
[30:37] | It’s one generous bedroom and a newly refurbished kitchenette. | 有一间宽敞的卧室 和刚翻新的厨房 |
[30:41] | The building’s very quiet. | 这栋大楼非常安静 |
[30:42] | Mostly professionals and mostly travelers. | 大部分住户都是专业人士和旅客 |
[30:45] | Flight attendants, a few pilots. We get the odd lecturer. | 空乘 几个飞行员 偶尔有讲师 |
[30:49] | Are you married? | 你已婚吗 |
[30:51] | No. | 不是 |
[30:52] | Were you thinking month-to-month? | 你打算按月租吗 |
[30:54] | To begin with. | 先这样 |
[30:56] | – Are they all furnished? – Yes. | -家具都齐全了吗 -是的 |
[30:57] | And that’s definitely part of the complex’s allure. | 绝对是这间公寓的吸引之处 |
[30:59] | Just pick up your keys and off you go. | 只要拿起钥匙就可以入住了 |
[31:03] | We do have some singles activities, | 我们有些为单身人士办的活动 |
[31:05] | if you’re up for that sort of thing. | 你有兴趣的话可以参加 |
[31:08] | And there’s access to quite a good tennis pro. | 你还能使用很棒的网球场 |
[31:10] | I’m going to be working long hours. | 我工作很忙 |
[31:13] | What made you choose this part of Virginia, | 不介意我问一句的话 |
[31:15] | if you don’t mind my asking? | 你为什么要来弗吉尼亚州的这一区呢 |
[31:17] | Quantico. | 匡提科 |
[31:20] | Are you with the Bureau? | 你是局里的吗 |
[31:24] | I guess… uh, mainly research. | 算是吧 主要从事研究工作 |
[31:26] | Very exciting. | 真令人兴奋 |