时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:25] | I saw that kid Spinks bust his ass the last time in Vegas. | 上次在拉斯维加斯我看见斯平克斯那孩子拼了命 |
[02:28] | Oh, he got way too confident, boy. | 他自信过头了 天啊 |
[02:33] | You should’ve seen that face when he left the ring. | 你真应该看看他离开拳击场时的表情 |
[02:40] | The Norton fight, too. Ali didn’t have a prayer. | 还有诺顿那场比赛 阿里被打得一点胜算都没有 |
[02:44] | Norton’s tough. | 诺顿很厉害 |
[02:46] | Kept getting backed up into the corner. | 被逼到角落里好多次 |
[02:48] | His gloves up all around his ears. | 他举起手套保护头部 |
[02:51] | Norton broke Ali’s jaw. | 诺顿打碎了阿里的下巴 |
[02:54] | I remember that. | 这个我记得 |
[02:58] | Saw this interview with Ali’s trainer. | 看过赛后对阿里教练的采访 |
[03:02] | He said he didn’t know what was wrong. | 他说他不知道是怎么了 |
[03:06] | The mouthpiece just kept coming out bloody. | 沾着血的护齿套不断掉出来 |
[03:12] | Norton got a lot of shots in, | 诺顿挨了不少拳 |
[03:15] | but still, that was something. | 但依然很厉害 |
[03:20] | It is not an easy thing to | 想打碎一个人的下巴 |
[03:24] | break a human being’s jaw. | 可没那么容易 |
[03:27] | Let me assure you… | 相信我 |
[03:30] | that takes practice. | 那需要大量练习 |
[03:39] | Welcome to Oregon. | 欢迎来到俄勒冈 |
[03:42] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:45] | I’m Holden Ford, this is Bill Tench. | 我叫霍顿·福特 这位是比尔·坦奇 |
[03:47] | We’re with the Federal Bureau of… | 我们是联邦调查局的 |
[03:49] | Can I get something to drink? | 我想喝点东西 |
[03:51] | Sure. Coffee? | 好 咖啡行吗 |
[03:53] | Coffee’s okay, I guess. | 咖啡也行吧 |
[03:56] | – Could we get him a coffee, please? – Actually… | -给他拿杯咖啡好吗 -其实 |
[03:59] | what I’d really love is some cigarettes and a pizza. | 我想抽烟吃披萨 |
[04:04] | – Afraid we can’t help you with that. – Really? | -恐怕我们弄不到 -真的吗 |
[04:07] | You’re the FBI. | 你可是联调局的 |
[04:08] | We can get you anything in the commissary. | 只要小卖部里有 你要什么都行 |
[04:10] | Well, fuck you for wasting my time. | 操你的 浪费我时间 |
[04:14] | What? | 什么 |
[04:16] | Just messing with you guys. | 跟你们闹着玩的 |
[04:22] | Do you mind if we record? | 你介意我们录音吗 |
[04:24] | I don’t know. Tony, do we mind? | 不知道 托尼 我们介意吗 |
[04:26] | – You got the paperwork? – This was pre-approved. | -批准手续办好了吗 -这是预先批准的 |
[04:30] | I didn’t approve anything. | 我可没批准过 |
[04:31] | You don’t have to do this, Jerry. | 不是一定要答应的 杰瑞 |
[04:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:36] | I’ll do it, as long as I know I don’t have to. | 录吧 只要我知道没人能强迫我就好 |
[04:43] | – We’ll take it from here. – Yeah, Tony, I’m good. | -这里就交给我们吧 -托尼 我没事 |
[04:56] | Mr. Brudos… | 布鲁多斯先生 |
[04:58] | we are conducting interviews | 我们正在约谈 |
[05:00] | with people who’ve been convicted of violent crimes. | 实施过暴力犯罪的人 |
[05:02] | What you discuss with us | 你和我们之间的谈话 |
[05:03] | cannot be used against you in your applications… | 不能被用于反对你申请… |
[05:06] | That’s your recorder? | 那就是你的录音机 |
[05:08] | Electronics these days keep getting smaller. | 如今的电子产品越做越小了 |
[05:10] | Where’s the mic? | 麦克风在哪 |
[05:13] | See that little shiny part on the top? | 看见顶端那个亮亮的小东西了吗 |
[05:15] | No shit. | 不是吧 |
[05:17] | You should see the cameras coming out, fit in your pocket. | 你应该看看新出的相机 能装进衣袋里 |
[05:24] | What you discuss with us | 你和我们之间的谈话 |
[05:25] | cannot be used against you in your applications for parole. | 不能被用于反对你申请保释 |
[05:28] | We will be asking you about your family history, | 我们会问你家族史 |
[05:31] | antecedent behavior, | 犯罪前的行为 |
[05:33] | and thought patterns surrounding the crimes | 以及你在犯罪前 犯罪中和犯罪后的 |
[05:34] | you’ve been convicted of. | 思维模式 |
[05:36] | Our goal is to eventually publish a statistical analysis | 我们的目的是最终能够发表一篇统计分析报告 |
[05:38] | which will not include your name. | 里面不会提到你的名字 |
[05:46] | Thought this was gonna break the monotony. | 我还以为这次不会千篇一律呢 |
[05:48] | We can go straight to the questions, if you prefer. | 要是你喜欢 我们可以直接问问题 |
[05:51] | Please. | 快问吧 |
[05:52] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:54] | Let’s discuss the pre-crime phase. | 我们来谈谈犯罪之前的阶段 |
[05:56] | Specifically, the day before | 尤其是你杀死 |
[05:58] | you killed your first victim, Laura Sullivan. | 第一名受害者劳拉·苏利文的前一天 |
[06:01] | I didn’t kill Laura Sullivan. | 我没杀劳拉·苏利文 |
[06:04] | You didn’t kill… | 你没杀… |
[06:05] | They never found her body. I was never convicted of that murder. | 他们没找到尸体 我也没被定罪 |
[06:09] | – But you confessed to it. – Nope. | -但你认罪了 -没有 |
[06:12] | On… June 27, 1969, | 1969年6月27日 |
[06:15] | you confessed to murdering Laura Sullivan, | 你承认谋杀了劳拉·苏利文 |
[06:18] | Jane Weber, and Kathy Schmidt. | 简·韦伯 以及凯茜·施密特 |
[06:19] | – Don’t go by that. – Why not? | -别信 -为什么 |
[06:21] | It was given under coercion. | 他们威胁我我才这么说 |
[06:23] | You’re saying it was forced? | 你是说 是被逼的 |
[06:24] | I am looking at three consecutive life sentences | 因为波特兰警局精心策划的阴谋 |
[06:27] | thanks to an elaborate plot by the Portland PD. | 我现在面临三项终身监禁 |
[06:31] | You pleaded guilty to three counts of murder. | 这三起谋杀案你都认罪了 |
[06:33] | They drugged me. Beat me. | 他们给我下药 殴打我 |
[06:36] | Wouldn’t let me talk to a lawyer. | 不许我找律师 |
[06:38] | Turned away my wife. | 不许我的妻子来看我 |
[06:40] | Told me they’d go after my kids if I didn’t confess. | 威胁我要是不认罪 就对我孩子下手 |
[06:43] | Are you saying you never met Laura Sullivan? | 你是说你从来没见过劳拉·苏利文 |
[06:44] | Yeah, I met her. She was wandering around my front yard. | 不 我见过她 她在我家前院里徘徊 |
[06:48] | – Selling encyclopedias. – That’s right. | -推销百科全书 -是的 |
[06:49] | – That part of the confession is correct? – Sure. | -供词这一部分正确无误 -是的 |
[06:52] | You said… | 你说… |
[06:55] | she was lost. | 她迷路了 |
[06:57] | It was raining, she couldn’t find the right address. | 当时在下雨 她找不到正确的地址 |
[06:59] | – But you told her that you ordered the ecyclopedias. – Nope. | -但你告诉她百科全书是你订的 -不 |
[07:03] | You didn’t say that? | 你没说过这话吗 |
[07:04] | We got to chatting. | 我们聊了起来 |
[07:07] | She was an aspiring model. | 她想当模特 |
[07:09] | Not surprising, she was beautiful. | 当然了 她很美 |
[07:14] | I said I’d take some photos of her. | 我说我可以帮她拍几张照 |
[07:18] | – Is that when you invited her in, took her to the garage? – Yep. | -然后你请她进屋 带她去了车库 -对 |
[07:21] | Sent your wife and children out to get hamburgers? | 打发妻子和孩子出门买汉堡 |
[07:23] | I thought we could use privacy. | 我们需要点隐私 |
[07:25] | And then you hit her across the back of her head with a two-by-four? | 然后你用一块木板打了她后脑勺 |
[07:31] | Actually, I realized I didn’t have any film. | 其实 我发现我没胶卷了 |
[07:34] | I apologized for wasting her time, showed her out. | 我跟她道歉说浪费了她的时间 送她出了门 |
[07:38] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:41] | Let’s talk about the day before you met Laura Sullivan. | 来谈谈你遇见劳拉·苏利文的前一天 |
[07:44] | Can you tell me what you were feeling? | 能跟我讲讲你当时的感受吗 |
[07:45] | You consider yourself a bit of a photographer, right, Jerry? | 你觉得自己多少算个摄影师 对吧 杰瑞 |
[07:48] | Got my first camera at 15. | 我15岁时得到了人生第一部相机 |
[07:50] | You’re into ladies’ fashions? | 你很喜欢研究女士时尚 |
[07:53] | It’s women, isn’t it? Can’t call them ladies anymore. | 就是女性 不能再叫她们女士了 |
[07:56] | Women’s fashions. | 女性时尚 |
[07:57] | I’ve got my magazine subscriptions, I know what’s going on. | 我一直有订时尚杂志 我了解潮流趋势 |
[07:59] | – You subscribe to… – Mostly shoe catalogs. | -你订阅… -大多是女鞋目录册 |
[08:03] | Shoe catalogs. | 女鞋目录册 |
[08:04] | It’s my smut. | 我的小黄书 |
[08:05] | So you masturbate to it? | 你会对着它自慰 |
[08:07] | That’s usually how it works. | 通常是这样的 |
[08:09] | Did you masturbate to the photos of your victims? | 你会对着受害者的照片自慰吗 |
[08:12] | I’m not sure what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[08:14] | The photos the police found in your garage? | 警方在你车库里找到的照片 |
[08:17] | Did you see them? | 你看过吗 |
[08:20] | They’re sloppy. I didn’t take those. | 拍得太差劲了 不是我拍的 |
[08:23] | Actually, we did see them. There’s one of them… | 我们还真看过了 其中有一张 |
[08:25] | Holden, maybe you can find it. | 霍顿 你应该能找到 |
[08:36] | Did you take this picture? | 这张是你拍的吗 |
[08:40] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[08:42] | Ever since the kids were small, I get these blackouts. | 从我孩子还小的时候 我就经常断片 |
[08:44] | It’s hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. | 是因为低血糖 血糖过低 |
[08:46] | I could walk off the roof of a building and not know it. | 就算我从屋顶掉下去自己也浑然不觉 |
[08:52] | You see that? | 你看见了吗 |
[08:55] | That’s you in the photo. | 照片上的是你 |
[08:57] | Which means you took this photo. | 也就是说这张是你拍的 |
[09:00] | Which means you killed that girl. | 也就是说那女孩是你杀的 |
[09:05] | Boy, oh, boy. | 天啊 天啊 |
[09:08] | Kemper was right. | 坎伯说得对 |
[09:10] | Kemper? | 坎伯 |
[09:11] | He said you guys were idiots. | 他说你们是蠢货 |
[09:15] | But I’d call you fucking morons. | 但要我说 你们是彻头彻尾的白痴 |
[09:20] | Big Ed with his big mouth. | 大艾德那张跑火车的嘴 |
[09:23] | I bet you swallowed every fucking line | 他说的每一句话 你们肯定 |
[09:27] | that came out of him. | 全都相信了 |
[09:29] | And he must have loved it. | 他肯定很享受那种感觉 |
[09:30] | Wait a minute. As far as I know, | 等等 据我所知 |
[09:32] | all his communication is monitored. | 他的通信都受到了监控 |
[09:34] | What can I say? | 我能说什么 |
[09:36] | Prisons are like knitting circles. | 监狱就像边编织边聊天的小圈子 |
[09:39] | Word gets around. | 消息很容易传开 |
[09:47] | Fuck if I know. We should find out. | 我他妈怎么知道 我们应该查清楚 |
[09:48] | Well, yeah. It’s got to affect the study | 是啊 要是我们的研究对象都是笔友 |
[09:50] | if our subjects are all pen pals. | 那会影响研究的 |
[09:52] | I’ll call the superintendent at Vacaville. | 我去给瓦卡维尔的警司打电话 |
[09:54] | Or let’s just go back and ask. | 要不我们直接过去问吧 |
[09:56] | What are the chances the warden’s gonna know what’s going on | 监狱长知道他眼皮底下正发生什么情况的 |
[09:58] | right under his fucking nose? You might as well call. | 可能性有多少 你还是打电话吧 |
[10:01] | Do you really think that Kemper called us idiots? | 你觉得坎伯真叫我们蠢货吗 |
[10:04] | It doesn’t sound like Ed to me. | 我觉得这可不像艾德的口气 |
[10:08] | We could phone Kemper, ask him directly. | 我们给坎伯打电话吧 直接问他 |
[10:11] | Ask him if he called us idiots? | 问他是不是管我们叫蠢货吗 |
[10:12] | If he talks to Brudos. | 问他是不是跟布鲁多斯谈过 |
[10:14] | Then we would be idiots. | 那样做我们才真是蠢到家了 |
[10:16] | Excuse me. I believe I’m in the middle seat. | 不好意思 我应该是坐中间的 |
[10:19] | Oh, yeah? Well, that’s all right. You can have the aisle. | 是吗 没关系 你坐靠过道的吧 |
[10:22] | Yes, but that’s the seat number on my ticket. | 但我票上就是这个座位 |
[10:25] | It’s okay. My partner and I need to talk, | 没事 我和我搭档要商量事 |
[10:27] | works out for both of us. | 这样我们都方便 |
[10:29] | I really think it’s best if I sat in the seat that’s on my ticket. | 我觉得还是对号入座比较好 |
[10:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:55] | Hey, Holden. | 霍顿 |
[10:58] | Does this turn you on? | 你看到这个性奋吗 |
[11:02] | – But it’s sexy, right? – Well, no. | -确实很性感不是吗 -不 |
[11:04] | How different is it from this? | 它跟这个有什么差别 |
[11:08] | I’d say it’s pretty different. | 差别很大 |
[11:10] | To us, maybe. | 对我们来说可能是 |
[11:12] | This one… | 这张 |
[11:13] | This could be in Playboy, easy. | 这张上《花花公子》完全没问题 |
[11:17] | Movies, TV. | 电影 电视 |
[11:19] | Classic damsel in distress. | 经典的遇险少女 |
[11:22] | So what are you saying, advertising creates psychos? | 你想说什么 广告催生精神病患 |
[11:24] | All men are pervs? | 所有男人都是变态 |
[11:26] | No, but sex is our trigger. | 不 但性确实是触发点 |
[11:29] | I’m sure Wendy has a theory. | 温迪肯定有一套理论 |
[11:31] | But this? This is how we get to him. | 但我们可以用这个让他开口 |
[11:37] | Please. I can switch with you. | 求你 我跟你换座位 |
[11:40] | I’m enjoying the leg room. | 在过道边能伸开腿真是太舒服了 |
[11:45] | What can I say? Prisons are like knitting circles. | 我能说什么 监狱就像边编织边聊天的小圈子 |
[11:50] | Word gets around. | 消息很容易传开 |
[11:54] | – Fascinating. – You think so? | -真有趣 -是吗 |
[11:59] | Hypoglycemia? Is he lying or denying? | 低血糖 他是撒谎还是拒绝承认 |
[12:01] | My vote’s with lying. | 我觉得是撒谎 |
[12:04] | We can learn from what he doesn’t tell us. | 我们可以抓住他故意避开的点 |
[12:06] | You’re not always going to get a Chatty Cathy like Kemper. | 像坎伯那样滔滔不绝的人可不多见 |
[12:08] | Well, yeah, the whole talking to Kemper thing. | 对了 跟坎伯交流这件事 |
[12:10] | We called around. There’s no evidence they were in touch. | 我们打听了 没有证据表明他们联系过 |
[12:13] | – Which doesn’t mean they haven’t. – God, if only… | -那不代表他们一定没联系过 -天啊 要是… |
[12:16] | If they’re corresponding, it could screw up our thing. | 要是他们有联系 那就会毁掉我们的研究 |
[12:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[12:19] | How is the study valid if our subjects can compare notes? | 如果研究对象能通气 那研究还站得住脚吗 |
[12:22] | Wouldn’t it be… cross-contamination? | 不就成了交叉感染 |
[12:24] | What would these two guys talk about? | 他们俩会聊些什么 |
[12:26] | Would Brudos share with Kemper everything he’s done? | 布鲁多斯会跟坎伯讲他做过的一切吗 |
[12:29] | These are two organized killers, but they’re on opposite sides | 两人都是有组织的杀手 但要他们认罪时 |
[12:32] | of the spectrum when it comes to what they’ll admit. | 他们俩反应截然不同 |
[12:34] | Kemper is overly forthcoming. | 坎伯太过健谈 |
[12:36] | Brudos denies everything, even when confronted with evidence. | 布鲁多斯哪怕铁证凿凿 还是矢口否认 |
[12:40] | It’s a new behavior to sort by: | 是一种新的行为归类法 |
[12:42] | post-conviction admission or non-admission of guilt. | 定罪后招认或是不认罪 |
[12:46] | You’re excited about this. | 你很兴奋 |
[12:48] | I am. | 确实 |
[12:48] | We didn’t get anything useful out of that prick. | 那混蛋没说什么有用的 |
[12:51] | I’m telling you, you did. | 要我说 其实有 |
[12:53] | Maybe in an academic sense, but this isn’t only about your study. | 从学术上看来也许有 但这不止关乎你的研究 |
[12:56] | My study? | 我的研究 |
[12:57] | Once we’ve collected all the data, we can all apply it. | 等收集到所有数据 我们就都可以应用了 |
[13:00] | You mean, in four years? | 四年后吗 |
[13:02] | I need coffee. | 我要喝咖啡 |
[13:10] | – You know, the way he lies is very interesting. – How so? | -他撒谎的方式很有意思 -怎么说 |
[13:12] | Well, it’s just so exaggerated. | 特别夸张 |
[13:14] | He can’t possibly expect you to believe him. | 他都不指望你们能相信 |
[13:16] | We called him on a lie, showed him evidence, | 我们戳穿他说谎 给他看了证据 |
[13:18] | and that ended the interview. | 面谈就此中断 |
[13:19] | So don’t back him into a corner. | 别把他逼得太紧 |
[13:21] | Guys, post-conviction sorting? What good is that? | 伙计们 定罪后分类 这有什么用 |
[13:24] | We need pre-apprehension info, not post. | 我们需要的是逮捕前的信息 不是之后的 |
[13:26] | You know, Bill, all categories are important | 比尔 对于交叉参照和分类来说 |
[13:28] | for cross-referencing and sorting. | 所有类别都很重要 |
[13:30] | I bet you dinner that this guy’s got more to add. | 跟你们赌一顿饭 这人还有料可挖 |
[13:35] | You read the story about the girl he held at knifepoint | 你读没读到过 他15岁时持刀 |
[13:36] | when he was 15? | 威胁一个女孩 |
[13:38] | Made her undress, took pictures, locked her in a corncrib. | 逼她脱光 给她拍照 把她锁在玉米仓里 |
[13:40] | Then pretended to be his own twin brother. | 然后假装成自己的孪生兄弟 |
[13:42] | Right. And he talked all about Jerry. | 记得 他一直在谈杰瑞 |
[13:44] | – That shows how fucked up he is. – Maybe. | -这说明了他有多混蛋 -可能吧 |
[13:46] | There’s something about disguise, pretending to be someone else. | 伪装成另一个人是有原因的 |
[13:49] | It gives him room for what? | 给了他做其他事的空间 |
[13:51] | He said he started blacking out when his kids were small. | 他说他孩子还小的时候 他就经常断片 |
[13:54] | So he isn’t averse to talking about his family. | 这么说他并不反感谈起家庭 |
[13:56] | Bill, you could talk about your son. | 比尔 你可以跟他谈谈你儿子 |
[13:58] | – No. – Try. | -不行 -试试看 |
[13:59] | I’m not discussing my son with him. | 我不跟他谈我儿子 |
[14:01] | Well, you don’t have to talk about your family. | 你不用谈你的家庭 |
[14:03] | You can make one up. | 你可以编一个 |
[14:04] | It’s just about building rapport. | 只是为了建立友好关系 |
[14:06] | And he asked for stuff, cigarettes and pizza. Indulge him. | 他跟你们要东西 香烟和披萨 那就满足他 |
[14:14] | – When do you want to go back? – I don’t. | -你想什么时候再去 -我不想再去 |
[14:17] | Next week? | 下周 |
[14:20] | Sure. | 好 |
[14:25] | 比尔·坦奇 你不在时 波特兰警署 汤姆·加里吉尔警探来电 达尔茜·库克 | |
[14:27] | Holden. I asked a buddy of mine with the Portland PD. | 霍顿 我问了一个波特兰警署的朋友 |
[14:31] | You might want to… | 你可能想… |
[14:33] | On two. | 二号线 |
[14:49] | – Hello? – Mrs. Cooke? | -喂 -库克女士 |
[14:51] | Yes? | 是我 |
[14:52] | – Mrs. Darcie Cooke? – Yes? | -达尔茜·库克女士 -什么事 |
[14:55] | Hi. My name is Bill Tench, I’m with the FBI. | 我叫比尔·坦奇 是联调局的 |
[15:01] | Is this about Jer? | 打电话是想问阿杰吗 |
[15:02] | About your ex-husband, Mr. Brudos. | 是想问你前夫 布鲁多斯先生 |
[15:06] | Am I legally required to talk to you? | 法律规定我必须跟你谈吗 |
[15:08] | Well, no, but I only have a couple of questions. | 不是 但我只有几个问题 |
[15:11] | I’m sorry, I changed my last name for a reason. | 抱歉 我改姓是有原因的 |
[15:19] | She said, “Is this about Jer?” | 她说”是想问阿杰吗” |
[15:22] | “Jer.” | “阿杰” |
[15:24] | Those shirts looked good on you. | 你穿那几件衬衫很好看 |
[15:25] | I can’t believe you didn’t buy them. | 但你竟然没买 |
[15:27] | I don’t like patterns. | 我不喜欢带图案的 |
[15:29] | You know you dress the same off-duty as on-duty? | 你知道自己上下班都穿得一样吗 |
[15:32] | I’m wearing plain clothes. | 我一直都穿得很素 |
[15:34] | Yeah, plain is right. | 是够素的 |
[15:42] | No. | 不 |
[15:48] | Seven and a half. | 7.5码 |
[15:50] | Are you sure? I usually wear a seven. | 是吗 我一般都穿7码 |
[15:53] | Your shoes been a little tight lately? | 你的鞋最近是不是变紧了 |
[15:56] | My boots, maybe, a little. | 靴子也许有点紧 |
[15:58] | Okay. Tell you what. | 好 这样吧 |
[15:59] | I’ll bring out seven-and-a-half in all these. | 这几双我都拿7.5码的 |
[16:03] | Yes, please. Are my feet getting bigger? | 好的谢谢 是我的脚变大了吗 |
[16:07] | Well, it’s just half a size. It’s not that big a deal. | 只大了半码 这没什么 |
[16:10] | I don’t want big feet. | 我不想有一双大脚 |
[16:12] | You do not have big feet. | 你脚不大 |
[16:13] | That’s right, and I don’t want them. | 没错 我也不想让脚变大 |
[16:18] | – No way. – Come on. | -不要 -来吧 |
[16:21] | I don’t need new shoes. | 我不需要新鞋 |
[16:23] | Please. | 试试吧 |
[16:39] | – You look bitchin’. – Can I take it off now? | -你帅爆了 -我能脱掉了吗 |
[16:41] | – You don’t like them? – I look like a Village Person. | -你不喜欢吗 -我看起来像乡下人似的 |
[16:43] | Holden. | 霍顿 |
[16:54] | – Excuse me, sir. – Yes. | -不好意思 -请讲 |
[16:56] | Could you tell me the largest size you have of that shoe? | 那双鞋最大码是多少 |
[17:00] | That one? | 那双吗 |
[17:01] | – Yeah. – I’m not sure. I have to go take a look. | -对 -我不太确定 我得去查查 |
[17:03] | Whatever it is, could you put a pair on hold for me? | 不管最大码是多大 能帮我留一双吗 |
[17:06] | Sure. | 好 |
[17:35] | Hello, ladies. | 好啊 女士们 |
[17:38] | Back for more? | 上次还没够吗 |
[17:39] | Tell us where to sit. | 告诉我们该坐哪 |
[17:42] | That won’t be necessary this time. | 这次不用这样 |
[17:45] | Great. | 那敢情好 |
[17:50] | Want to arm wrestle? | 想掰手腕吗 |
[17:53] | How about a smoke? | 抽支烟吧 |
[17:55] | Well, well, well. | 哎呀呀 |
[18:00] | I want him to light me. | 让他给我点烟 |
[18:06] | How’d you get that scar? | 这道疤是怎么来的 |
[18:08] | Darcie… | 达尔茜 |
[18:10] | found out I was chasing skirt at OSU. | 发现我在俄勒冈州立大学把妹 |
[18:13] | – Came after me with a Ginsu. – No, really. | -提着刀来找我 -不是吧 |
[18:15] | God’s truth. | 千真万确 |
[18:18] | She loved horror films. | 她喜欢恐怖片 |
[18:20] | We’d appreciate honesty. | 我们希望你说实话 |
[18:22] | About my scar? | 关于我的疤吗 |
[18:25] | We know that you’ve been jumped in here a few times. | 我们知道你进监狱后被突袭过几次 |
[18:29] | If you got all the answers, what do you need from me? | 要是你们全都知道了 还要我说什么 |
[18:33] | – We want details. – We want to know why. | -我们要细节 -我们想知道原因 |
[18:35] | Why what? | 什么的原因 |
[18:36] | Let’s start with the women’s clothes. | 我们从女装开始说吧 |
[18:38] | Could you be more specific? | 能再说得详细一点吗 |
[18:40] | In her testimony, | 你妻子的口供说 |
[18:42] | your wife said you approached her dressed as a woman. | 你打扮成女人接近她 |
[18:45] | She said… | 警方… |
[18:48] | whatever the police wanted her to say. | 想让她说什么她就说什么 |
[18:51] | But you did approach her dressed as a woman. | 但你确实打扮成女人接近她 |
[18:54] | – Are you married? – Yeah. | -你结婚了吗 -结了 |
[18:55] | – What’s your wife’s name? – None of your business. | -你妻子叫什么 -跟你无关 |
[18:57] | I appreciate honesty. | 我希望你说实话 |
[19:03] | Nancy. | 南茜 |
[19:04] | How does Nancy deal with things that she doesn’t understand? | 南茜遇到她不懂的事 会怎么处理 |
[19:08] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白 |
[19:09] | Let’s just say, my wife… | 这么说吧 我妻子 |
[19:12] | was less than adventurous. | 没有冒险精神 |
[19:14] | – You were young when you got married. – Twenty-two. She was 17. | -你们结婚的时候还年轻 -我22 她当时17 |
[19:18] | – What was it about her? – She popped my cherry. | -为什么跟她结婚 -我的处子之身给了她 |
[19:21] | That seems old-fashioned. | 好像有点老套 |
[19:22] | You married the first girl you had sex with? | 你娶了第一个跟你上床的女孩 |
[19:24] | It wasn’t that unusual in 1961. | 在1961年还算常见 |
[19:27] | But you had… “interests” by then. | 但你那时就有这种”兴趣”了 |
[19:31] | Stealing lingerie off of clotheslines. | 偷晒衣绳上的内衣 |
[19:33] | You photographed a neighborhood girl naked when you were 15. | 你15岁时就逼迫邻居女孩给你拍裸照 |
[19:36] | Just a healthy, red-blooded American male. | 我只是个健康又血气方刚的美国男子而已 |
[19:39] | – What about the shoes? – What shoes? | -那鞋子呢 -什么鞋 |
[19:42] | In your garage. | 你车库里的 |
[19:43] | The women’s shoes. | 女鞋 |
[19:45] | The wife loved to shop. | 我妻子喜欢买东西 |
[19:47] | There were nearly a hundred pairs. Most of them size 16. | 有将近一百双 大多是16码的 |
[19:51] | Those. Friends sent those to me. | 那些啊 是朋友送我的 |
[19:53] | – Friends? – That’s right. | -朋友 -对 |
[19:54] | Why would friends send you shoes? | 朋友为什么会送你鞋 |
[20:00] | Started as a goof. Got out of hand. | 一开始是开玩笑 后来失控了 |
[20:02] | That’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[20:06] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[20:10] | A reward for honesty. | 说实话的奖励 |
[20:12] | Come on, Jerry. Your friends didn’t send you those shoes. | 别闹了 杰瑞 鞋不是你朋友送的 |
[20:15] | What can I say, I’m a collector. | 我能说什么 我是个收藏家 |
[20:18] | Do you wear them? | 你会穿那些鞋吗 |
[20:20] | I don’t have to. | 我不必 |
[20:21] | Don’t have to, to what? | 你不必什么 |
[20:24] | – You know. – Get off. | -你知道的 -高潮 |
[20:27] | He’s adorable. | 他真可爱 |
[20:28] | I thought wearing them was part of the allure? | 我还以为穿高跟鞋也是乐趣之一 |
[20:32] | – Why’s he so interested? – I’m really just asking for Darcie. | -为什么他这么感兴趣 -我帮达尔茜问的 |
[20:35] | She still doesn’t get it. We caught up on the phone. | 她还是不明白 我们在电话里谈过了 |
[20:38] | – Right. – Nice woman. | -是啊 -她人很好 |
[20:41] | My wife… | 我妻子 |
[20:43] | wouldn’t talk about me. | 不会谈论我 |
[20:44] | Ex-wife. | 是前妻 |
[20:45] | She had to divorce me to protect the kids. | 她为了保护孩子不得不跟我离婚 |
[20:47] | And change her last name? | 还改了姓 |
[20:50] | I’m sure it makes it easier for them in school. | 让孩子们在学校里能抬起头 |
[20:53] | What would they say to their friends? | 他们会怎么跟朋友说 |
[20:55] | Not just about the murders. | 不只是杀人案 |
[20:56] | How do you explain the cross-dressing? | 你怎么解释穿女装这件事 |
[20:58] | “Dad’s a tranny? Dad’s a fag?” | “爸爸是异装癖” “爸爸是基佬” |
[21:00] | Fuck you, man. | 操你妈 |
[21:01] | How does it fucking work with the shoes? | 鞋子到底是干什么的 |
[21:05] | He is dying to know. | 他迫不及待想知道 |
[21:07] | I’ll pass it along to Darcie. | 我会转达给达尔茜的 |
[21:09] | Ten years later, she’s still confused. | 都十年了 她还是不懂 |
[21:11] | – Give her my love. – I’ll do that… Jer. | -帮我跟她问好 -我会的 阿杰 |
[21:18] | Tony! | 托尼 |
[21:19] | – Tony! Get in here! – What are you doing? | -托尼 进来 -你要干什么 |
[21:21] | Go fuck yourselves. | 去你们的 |
[21:22] | – Come on, they’re just questions. – I’ve had enough of your shit. | -拜托 问问题而已 -我受够了 |
[21:25] | – What’s going on? – I’m done here. | -怎么了 -我不干了 |
[21:26] | – Wait a minute. – I’m done! | -等等 -我不干了 |
[21:28] | Bill, tell him. | 比尔 告诉他 |
[21:30] | We didn’t talk to your stupid wife. She hung up on us. | 我们没跟你妻子聊 她挂断了电话 |
[21:33] | And you’re forgetting something. | 而且你忘记拿这个了 |
[22:00] | Brand new. | 全新的 |
[22:01] | They’re the biggest size they had. | 这是店里的最大码了 |
[22:11] | You should have brought me a pair of Nancy’s. | 你们应该给我拿一双南茜的 |
[22:14] | – Fuck you. – Fuck you. | -去你的 -去你的 |
[22:27] | So when did it start, your interest in women’s shoes? | 你对女鞋的兴趣是从几时开始的 |
[22:30] | It didn’t start. It was always there. | 没有开始 这兴趣一直都在 |
[22:33] | There must have been a moment during puberty | 肯定是在青春期的某一个时间点 |
[22:34] | when it became… sexual. | 变得跟性有关 |
[22:37] | I got my first pair of heels at five. | 我5岁时得到了第一双高跟鞋 |
[22:39] | Five? | 5岁 |
[22:41] | – Five years old? – Stilettos. | -5岁 -一双细高跟鞋 |
[22:43] | Found them in the junkyard, brought ’em home. | 在垃圾场找到就拿回家了 |
[22:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:47] | Never seen anything like ’em before, except in pictures. | 之前只在图片上见到过 |
[22:50] | Didn’t your mom wear heels? | 你妈妈不穿高跟鞋吗 |
[22:52] | Never. | 从来不穿 |
[22:55] | What’d she think when you brought them home? | 你拿回家的时候 她怎么想 |
[23:05] | One time, my mom walked in on me jacking off. | 有一次 我打飞机时我妈妈走进来了 |
[23:08] | Came right into my bedroom. | 走进我的卧室 |
[23:09] | – I hadn’t locked the door. – Really? | -我没锁门 -真的吗 |
[23:12] | – Yeah. – What’d she do? | -真的 -她什么反应 |
[23:14] | I’d never seen her so shocked. | 我从来没见过她那么震惊 |
[23:16] | It’s like I was doing something too horrible to even imagine. | 就像我做的事可怕到无法想象一样 |
[23:19] | She thought I needed help. | 她认为我需要帮助 |
[23:21] | She offered to help? | 她要帮你打飞机吗 |
[23:23] | Psychological help. | 是心理援助 |
[23:28] | – My mom burned the shoes. – The stilettos? | -我妈妈烧了那双鞋 -那双细高跟吗 |
[23:31] | Dragged me into the backyard, | 把我拉到后院 |
[23:34] | poured kerosene all over ’em, lit ’em up. | 把鞋浇上煤油 点着了 |
[23:37] | That must have been memorable. | 肯定刻骨铭心 |
[23:38] | She always said she wanted a girl. | 她总说想生个女孩 |
[23:41] | She wanted you to be a girl? | 她想让你当个女孩 |
[23:43] | She had my brother, that’s what she wanted next. | 她生了我哥哥之后就想再生个女孩 |
[23:45] | – She told you this? – All the time. | -她告诉你的吗 -她总说 |
[23:47] | Why was she so upset when you brought home the shoes? | 为什么你把那双鞋拿回家时她那么生气 |
[23:50] | I was wearing ’em around the house. | 我穿着那双鞋在屋子里走来走去 |
[23:54] | Were you trying to be what she wanted you to be? | 你是不是想按她期望的去做 |
[23:56] | What? | 什么 |
[23:58] | Were you trying to be a girl? | 你是不是想当女孩 |
[24:03] | Fuck no, I never wanted to be a girl. | 才没有 我从来都不想做女孩 |
[24:07] | I liked the shoes. | 我喜欢那双鞋 |
[24:09] | I didn’t know why she was so angry. | 我不知道她为什么那么生气 |
[24:11] | I took a pair of my teacher’s shoes, | 我拿了一双老师的鞋 |
[24:13] | and she didn’t lose her fucking mind. | 她都没气得发狂 |
[24:15] | Your teacher’s shoes? | 你老师的鞋 |
[24:16] | Mrs. Kernegan. First grade. | 肯纳甘老师的鞋 一年级的时候 |
[24:19] | – She’d kick her shoes off under the desk. – Heels? | -她会把鞋脱在讲桌下 -高跟鞋吗 |
[24:22] | Low, but stylish. She checked our book bags. | 低跟 但很时尚 她检查我们的书包 |
[24:25] | When she found them on me, I thought she’d go berserk, | 在我书包里找到的时候 我以为她要发飙了 |
[24:28] | but… she was just curious. | 但她只是好奇 |
[24:31] | – About what? – Why I had taken them. | -好奇什么 -我为什么偷拿 |
[24:37] | Women always want to know, don’t they? | 女人总是想知道 |
[24:41] | – At least they think they do. – Did Darcie want to know? | -至少女人以为自己想 -达尔茜想知道吗 |
[24:47] | It’s tricky when you’re married. | 结婚之后就变得棘手了 |
[24:49] | You either have to deny yourself or… | 要么禁锢自己 |
[24:52] | keep a private space. | 要么留一点私人空间 |
[24:54] | Like a golf course. | 就像高尔夫球场一样 |
[24:57] | I put a lock on the garage, installed an intercom | 我给车库加了锁 装了个对讲机 |
[25:00] | so she could call in if she needed something from the freezer. | 她要冰箱里的什么东西打电话说就行 |
[25:03] | Wouldn’t want her finding your trophies. | 不想让她发现你的战利品 |
[25:08] | She would not have wanted that. | 她可不会想发现的 |
[25:37] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[25:43] | Tony! | 托尼 |
[25:45] | – That was amazing. – Yeah, that was great. | -真是太不可思议了 -是啊 很棒 |
[25:47] | All that shit about his mom burning the shoes. | 他妈妈烧鞋什么的 |
[25:51] | The high heels worked. | 高跟鞋起作用了 |
[25:52] | You could say that. | 你可以这么说 |
[25:54] | Let me ask you something. | 我问你 |
[25:56] | – Was that true about your mom walking in on you? – Yeah. | -你妈妈看到你自慰 是真的吗 -是 |
[25:59] | It didn’t bother you, using that? | 你觉得跟他说没关系吗 |
[26:01] | Who doesn’t have a weird story about their mom and sex? | 谁没有点关于妈妈和性的奇怪经历呢 |
[26:03] | You’re telling a private, very personal story to a murderous asshole. | 你跟一个杀人犯混蛋讲你的私密经历 |
[26:10] | It bothered me. | 换我就不行 |
[26:18] | Is this about Nancy? | 是因为南茜吗 |
[26:25] | It’s nothing wrong with… | 这没什么不对的 |
[26:26] | If what we’re doing doesn’t get under your skin, | 要是我们做的事不会影响到你 |
[26:28] | you’re even more screwed up than I thought or kidding yourself. | 你就比我想得更无可救药或者你自欺欺人 |
[26:49] | You’re just like a son to me. | 你就像我儿子 |
[26:50] | You never did nothing I told you to do. | 我让你做的事你绝不照办 |
[26:54] | Archie. We want you and Ma to come visit us out there. | 亚奇 我们想让你和妈妈来看我们 |
[26:59] | Well, maybe your mother-in-law can do that, but, you know… | 也许你岳母能 但是 |
[28:22] | Hello? | 你好啊 |
[28:26] | Where are you? | 你在哪 |
[29:54] | They almost said it was our fault. | 他们差点说是我们的错 |
[29:57] | Jesus, Nancy. I don’t know what to say. | 天啊 南茜 我不知道该说什么 |
[30:00] | Well, I was hoping for a little more than that. | 我本来还希望你能多说几句 |
[30:03] | I can’t talk about this now. Okay? | 我现在不能说这件事 明白吗 |
[30:05] | Brian’s teacher thinks we’re not paying enough attention to this. | 布莱恩的老师觉得我们对这件事不够重视 |
[30:08] | That’s why he’s acting out. | 所以他才会失控爆发 |
[30:11] | We have to do something. | 我们得做点什么 |
[30:13] | Is that a “Uh-huh, I know,” or is that “Uh-huh, uh-huh”? | 你这是”我知道了”还是敷衍 |
[30:16] | The first. | 我知道了 |
[30:19] | You want to go to Lamplighter tonight or not? | 你今晚还想不想去点灯人餐厅 |
[30:22] | Sure. But why are you being like this? | 想啊 但你为什么这样 |
[30:24] | Like I said, I really can’t talk about this now. Okay? | 我说了 我现在不能说这件事 明白吗 |
[30:27] | – Did you finish it? – I did. | -你听完了吗 -听完了 |
[30:30] | It’s pretty great, right? | 真的很棒 对吧 |
[30:32] | Can you believe what he said about his mom? | 你能相信他说他妈的那些事吗 |
[30:37] | Did you listen to it? | 你听了吗 |
[30:41] | What’s in the box? | 盒子里是什么 |
[30:43] | Holden’s idea. You figure it out? | 霍顿的主意 你猜到了吗 |
[30:46] | I’m guessing shoes. | 我猜是鞋子 |
[30:47] | He got an erection. | 他当时就勃起了 |
[30:49] | – Isn’t that what you wanted? – We wanted to get him talking. | -正中你们下怀 -我们想让他开口 |
[30:51] | No, you baited him with those shoes | 不 你用那双鞋引他上钩 |
[30:53] | and you lied to him about his wife. | 用他妻子的事骗他 |
[30:54] | He pulled that bullshit about Kemper, so we used the same tactic. | 他摆出坎伯骗我们 所以我们用了相同的战术 |
[30:57] | – So it was revenge? – No. Speaking his language. | -这是复仇咯 -不 用他的方法跟他沟通 |
[31:00] | This is a scientific study, not a locker room hazing. | 这是科学研究 不是更衣室恶作剧 |
[31:02] | – Let me explain something, Wendy. – Please. | -我来解释一下 温迪 -请吧 |
[31:04] | Guys communicate in a certain way. | 男人之间交流有特定的方式 |
[31:07] | It can be rough, but it’s like a code, it gets out the conflict. | 可能很糙 但像是一种暗号 能避免冲突 |
[31:10] | Well, thank you for illuminating me on male rituals. | 感谢你给我解释男性之间的礼仪 |
[31:13] | You threw our questionnaire right out the window. | 你完全无视了我们的调查问卷 |
[31:15] | Your questionnaire, which wasn’t working. | 是你的调查问卷 而且根本没用 |
[31:16] | All you wanted to do was force him to admit | 你只想逼他承认 |
[31:18] | that he wears women’s clothes. | 他喜欢穿女装 |
[31:20] | Yeah, get under his disguise. | 是啊 刺破他的伪装 |
[31:22] | Cross-dressing is part of his psychology. | 异装是他心理特征的一部分 |
[31:24] | His fixation on women’s clothes, | 他对女装的癖好 |
[31:25] | women’s bodies, wanting to own them, | 女人身体的痴迷 渴望拥有 |
[31:28] | wanting to inhabit them. | 渴望占据 |
[31:29] | If we can understand that, we can recognize it in another killer. | 要是我们理解 就能识别另一个凶手的同种心理 |
[31:32] | Cross-dressing is not an antecedent to homicidal behavior. | 异装不是谋杀行为的前因 |
[31:36] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[31:37] | For most people, it’s a harmless form of expression. | 对大多数人来说 只是一种无害的表达方式 |
[31:39] | – Most people? – Those who do it. | -大多数人 -大多数的异装者 |
[31:41] | But it’s usually sexual, right? | 但它通常跟性有关 |
[31:43] | And we know sex drives our subjects. | 我们知道性是驱使着我们的研究对象 |
[31:44] | It’s sometimes sexual. | 有时跟性相关 |
[31:45] | Transvestism has been practiced in every era, | 异装癖在每个时代 每种文化中 |
[31:48] | – in every human culture. – Come on. | -都屡见不鲜 -拜托 |
[31:50] | If you want to teach a class, go back to Boston. | 你要是想教书 回波士顿教去 |
[31:51] | No, you weren’t speaking his language. | 不 你不是在用他的方法沟通 |
[31:53] | You were persecuting him about something | 你这是迫害他 因为异装癖 |
[31:55] | that challenges your masculinity. | 挑战了你的男子气概 |
[31:58] | – What? – That interview was personal. | -什么 -上次谈话是针对他 |
[32:00] | – No, this is personal. – Guys. | -不 你这么说才是针对我 -伙计们 |
[32:02] | – You’re being irrational. – Oh, Jesus. | -你不讲理 -天啊 |
[32:04] | – Where’s this coming from? – I don’t know. | -这是闹哪出 -我不知道 |
[32:05] | Maybe shock at your total lack of objectivity. | 也许你太不客观 所以我很震惊 |
[32:08] | We were supposed to be objective? | 我们应该保持客观吗 |
[32:10] | Because I seem to remember you | 因为我好像记得你让我们 |
[32:11] | encouraging us to use our families to get to him. | 说自己家人的事让他开口 |
[32:13] | – How objective is that? – We have to use strategies. | -这叫客观吗 -我们得用计策 |
[32:15] | I said use fake information, as long as you establish rapport… | 我说的是用假信息 只要你建立了友好关系… |
[32:19] | That’s not what you said. And it’s not possible. | 你不是这么说的 而且也不可能 |
[32:21] | It is not possible to communicate | 跟布鲁多斯这样的人交流 |
[32:23] | with someone like Brudos and be fake. | 还说假话 根本不可能 |
[32:25] | We can hassle him or we can open up to him, | 我们要么找他麻烦 要么对他说实话 |
[32:27] | but either option has a cost. | 但这两种做法都有代价 |
[32:34] | Musical therapy. | 音乐疗法 |
[32:37] | She comes highly recommended. | 很多人强烈推荐她 |
[32:38] | She has like ten years of experience… | 她有将近十年的经验 |
[32:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:50] | The only thing is, she’s in Charlottesville. | 唯一的问题是 她在夏洛茨维尔 |
[32:54] | I looked for someone in D.C. | 我想找个华盛顿特区的 |
[32:56] | You’d think they’d have music therapists in D.C. | 华盛顿特区有那么多政客的孩子 |
[32:59] | with all the politicians’ kids there, | 我本以为那里会有音乐治疗师 |
[33:00] | but maybe it’s considered too alternative. | 但人们可能觉得这种疗法太过另类 |
[33:05] | I don’t even know that she’s a hippie. | 我都不知道她是嬉皮士 |
[33:06] | I only talked to her on the phone. | 我只跟她通过电话 |
[33:08] | But she… she sounded very nice. | 但她听起来人不错 |
[33:12] | Professional. | 很专业 |
[33:20] | I could drive him there once a week. | 我可以每周开车带他过去 |
[33:21] | Maybe even get him out of school a little early, | 早点接他放学 |
[33:23] | which could also be a good thing, after what happened today. | 可能也是一件好事 毕竟今天出了这种事 |
[33:30] | – How much is she? – Forty-five. | -她收费如何 -45 |
[33:33] | An hour? | 一小时 |
[33:35] | An hour and a half. | 一个半小时 |
[33:37] | Nancy, that’s a lot. | 南茜 这太贵了 |
[33:38] | You spend that much on a golf club. | 你买高尔夫球杆都肯花这么多 |
[33:41] | Yeah, but when you buy a club, you have the club. | 对 但买下球杆就意味着它是你的了 |
[33:47] | I got a recommendation for a child psychologist in Woodbridge, | 有人推荐了一位伍德布里奇的儿童心理医生 |
[33:50] | much closer. | 近多了 |
[33:52] | You got a recommendation? When? | 有人给你推荐了 什么时候 |
[33:55] | About a month ago. | 大概一个月以前 |
[33:56] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不告诉我 |
[33:58] | Because I really don’t want to send him to a shrink. | 因为我真心不想送他去看心理医生 |
[34:00] | – Me neither. – But at that price, | -我也不想 -但她收费那么高 |
[34:02] | I’d rather send him to a doctor | 我宁愿送他去看医生 |
[34:03] | than some hippie musician. | 也不想找什么嬉皮士音乐家 |
[34:05] | Please. This is not about the money. | 拜托 这不是钱的问题 |
[34:07] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[34:10] | I was… | 我 |
[34:14] | I was hoping it wouldn’t go this far. | 我还希望不会到这一步 |
[34:53] | It’s a private school. | 这是一所私立学校 |
[34:55] | If he keeps biting other children, he’s gonna get kicked out. | 要是他还咬其他孩子 就会被开除 |
[34:58] | He’s getting bullied, so he’s defending himself. | 其他孩子欺负他 他这是自卫 |
[35:01] | We should have held him back a year. | 早知道让他留一级好了 |
[35:02] | I don’t think that’s the problem. | 问题不在于此 |
[35:05] | He’s fine with me, he’s great with Julie. | 他跟我在一起很好 跟朱莉也很好 |
[35:13] | I’ve read a couple of books which recommend music therapy | 我读到过几本书 说如果孩子需要沟通训练 |
[35:15] | when a child needs communication training. | 不妨试试音乐疗法 |
[35:17] | “Communication training.” Is that what the books call it? | “沟通训练” 书里这么叫它吗 |
[35:21] | Sure describes what we need. | 我们正需要这个 |
[35:24] | I’m exhausted, Nancy. Could we table this for tonight? | 我累坏了 南茜 今晚先别谈了行吗 |
[35:32] | Looks like we gotta do it ourselves. | 看起来我们得自己动手了 |
[35:33] | Let’s work on these ropes. | 来弄绳子吧 |
[35:37] | Hi, Julie. | 朱莉 |
[35:41] | We’re home a little early tonight. | 我们今晚回来得早 |
[35:47] | Is everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[35:49] | Is Brian all right? | 布莱恩还好吗 |
[35:50] | He’s asleep. | 他睡着了 |
[35:53] | Did something happen? | 出什么事了吗 |
[35:54] | When I was putting him to bed, I found something under it. | 我哄他睡觉的时候 在床下发现了样东西 |
[35:57] | – What did you find? – I don’t have change, | -你发现什么了 -我没零钱 |
[35:59] | so here’s a little bonus. | 多的你就留着吧 |
[36:06] | She found this under Brian’s bed. | 她在布莱恩的床下发现了这个 |
[36:12] | Julie, I’m so sorry. | 朱莉 真抱歉 |
[36:13] | You know I’m an FBI agent. I work on some rough cases. | 你知道我是联邦探员 处理的都是血腥的案子 |
[36:17] | He must have got this out of my office. | 他肯定是从我办公室拿的 |
[36:18] | I should lock that file cabinet. | 我应该把文件柜锁上 |
[36:20] | Honey, you shouldn’t have had to see that. | 亲爱的 不该让你看见的 |
[36:22] | Brian saw it, too. | 布莱恩也看见了 |
[36:23] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[36:25] | – We really messed up. – I messed up. | -我们的错 -我的错 |
[36:27] | He gets into things, I know. | 他有时会惹事 我知道 |
[36:28] | We need to keep a closer eye on him. | 我们得盯紧他 |
[36:30] | – And we’ll find a way to explain it. – I’ll talk to him, | -我们会想办法解释的 -我去跟他谈 |
[36:32] | make sure he understands there’s nothing wrong. | 确保他知道一切正常 |
[36:34] | – Nothing’s wrong? – Honey, come here. | -一切正常 -亲爱的 过来 |
[36:39] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[36:41] | I’ve been meaning to tell you, | 我一直想告诉你 |
[36:42] | my parents want me to get some real job experience, | 我父母想让我得到真正的工作经验 |
[36:45] | so I’m applying at the mall and… | 所以我去商场应聘了 |
[36:48] | But you’d still be able to sit for us sometimes, right? | 但你偶尔还是能帮我们看孩子的 对吧 |
[36:51] | I think it’s going to be hard. | 我想会很难 |
[36:53] | Julie, honey… | 朱莉 亲爱的 |
[36:56] | you’ve been with us for years. | 你跟我们在一起很多年了 |
[36:58] | I’m sorry, Mrs. Tench. | 抱歉 坦奇夫人 |
[36:59] | Don’t forget your money. | 别忘了拿钱 |
[37:04] | Please say goodbye to Brian for me. | 请帮我跟布莱恩道别吧 |
[37:07] | Julie… | 朱莉 |
[37:13] | I know that file cabinet has a lock. I just have to find the key. | 我知道文件柜有锁 我只需找到钥匙 |
[37:18] | Or get a new one. | 或者配把新的 |
[37:20] | That one’s 20 years old. | 那柜子都20年了 |
[37:23] | Kid’s kind of a Houdini, though. | 那孩子还真厉害 |
[37:25] | Maybe I should get a safe. | 也许我应该弄个保险箱 |
[37:28] | Why is it in the house at all? | 照片为什么会出现在家里 |
[37:32] | It’s work. I have to bring it home sometimes. | 因为我有时得把工作带回家做 |
[37:34] | That? You have to bring that home? | 那玩意 你得把它带回家吗 |
[37:37] | What do you do with it? | 你拿它干什么 |
[37:39] | Examine it for clues. | 仔细检查 看有没有线索 |
[37:43] | You don’t tell me a thing about what you do. | 你在做什么从来都不跟我说 |
[37:46] | Now you know why. | 现在你知道为什么了 |
[37:47] | You don’t need to protect me, though. | 你不用保护我 |
[37:48] | I’m trying to protect everybody. | 我想保护所有人 |
[37:49] | No, you need to protect your son. | 不 你得保护你儿子 |
[37:52] | What was he doing in my office in the first place? | 但他去我办公室干什么 |
[37:56] | We can’t watch him every second. | 我们不能每时每刻都盯着他 |
[37:58] | He’s always trying to get in there. | 他总是想进去 |
[38:00] | Because he knows it’s not allowed. | 因为他知道你们不许他进 |
[38:01] | I should put a lock on the door. | 我应该给门加把锁 |
[38:03] | He’s trying to get closer to you! | 他是想离你更近一些 |
[38:05] | Sometimes I find him in our closet. | 有时我发现他在我们衣柜里 |
[38:07] | He’s putting on your ties. He’s walking around in your shoes. | 他戴上你的领带 穿着你的鞋四处走 |
[38:13] | I’m here on the weekends now. I’m putting in the time. | 我现在周末都在这儿 会抽时间陪他 |
[38:16] | When you’re not at the golf course, you’re angling to get there. | 就算你没在打高尔夫 你的心也在球场 |
[38:20] | Even when you’re playing with him, I see you check your watch. | 你跟他玩的时候 都频频看手表 |
[38:22] | – Well, to be honest, he’s not much fun. – He’s not much fun?! | -说实话 他不太有意思 -他不太有意思 |
[38:25] | I know how that sounds, but I’ve tried. | 我知道这话听起来不对 但我努力过了 |
[38:28] | He’s just not interested. | 他提不起兴趣 |
[38:29] | It takes more than turning up, Bill. | 不是你人来了就够了 比尔 |
[38:31] | Okay, you… you need to play with him. | 你 你得跟他玩 |
[38:34] | I can’t have a conversation with him. | 我跟他说不上话 |
[38:36] | I can’t get a hug out of him. | 我没法让他抱抱我 |
[38:38] | I can’t even get him to look me in the eye. | 我都没法让他看着我的眼睛 |
[38:40] | – He is not beyond hope. – Well, maybe I am. | -他并不是没救了 -也许没救的是我 |
[38:43] | You want to know what I do? | 你想知道我在忙什么吗 |
[38:44] | You want to see what I work on every night? Come on. | 想知道我每晚都在研究什么吗 来吧 |
[38:48] | That’s the tip of the iceberg. | 这只是冰山一角 |
[38:51] | A young mother with a boy Brian’s age. | 一个年轻的母亲 她儿子跟布莱恩年纪相仿 |
[38:53] | Killer did the same thing to him. | 凶手对他儿子做了同样的事 |
[38:55] | You want to see that photo? I got it here somewhere. | 你想看照片吗 我这儿有 |
[38:59] | This one’s interesting. | 这个很有意思 |
[39:00] | A woman who was stabbed, raped, breasts cut off. | 一个女人被捅死 被强奸 乳房被切掉 |
[39:03] | Turns out it was her boyfriend, his brother, and their sister. | 结果是她男友 他小舅子还有他妹妹干的 |
[39:06] | A little family affair. | 家庭纠纷 |
[39:08] | Here’s the one I’m working on now. | 我现在正在研究这个 |
[39:09] | Lovely guy by the name of Jerry Brudos. | 一个叫杰瑞·布鲁多斯的可爱男人 |
[39:11] | Murdered four women not much older than Julie. | 杀了4个比朱莉大不了几岁的女人 |
[39:13] | Strung them up in his garage. | 在车库里把她们勒死了 |
[39:15] | One of them came to his door accidentally. | 其中一个是偶然来到他家 |
[39:17] | One of them had car trouble. | 一个是车出了问题 |
[39:19] | One of them he grabbed from a parking garage | 一个本来要去跟她妈妈吃午饭 |
[39:20] | she was on her way to lunch with her mom. | 结果被他从停车场掳过来了 |
[39:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[39:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:42] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:15] | Your favorite… | 你的最爱 |
[41:19] | Quantico Blend. | 匡提科混合酒 |
[41:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:28] | The mom. | 妈妈 |
[41:31] | The mom and the shoes. | 妈妈和鞋子 |
[41:33] | Something happened there. | 问题出在这里 |
[41:36] | Clearly. | 没错 |
[41:40] | What was it? | 是什么呢 |
[41:42] | Her reaction? | 她的反应 |
[41:47] | The force of it. | 那种剧烈程度 |
[41:49] | Burning the shoes seared them into his mind as forbidden. | 鞋被烧毁的画面烙印在他脑中 成为了禁忌 |
[41:54] | Which became part of the sexual fantasy. | 这变成了他性幻想的一部分 |
[41:59] | Then the teacher had an entirely different reaction. | 之后老师的反应截然不同 |
[42:01] | So he’s getting mixed messages | 所以对于他的冲动 |
[42:03] | from two adult women about his impulses. | 他从两名成年女性身上得到了矛盾的信息 |
[42:09] | Brudos said that he was attracted | 布鲁多斯说 在那之前 |
[42:10] | to women’s shoes before all of that. | 他就已经被女鞋吸引了 |
[42:14] | He took the stilettos from the dump when he was five. | 他5岁时从垃圾堆捡了那双细高跟鞋 |
[42:17] | Not everyone agrees with Freud’s theories on sexuality, | 不是所有人都认同弗洛伊德关于性的理论 |
[42:20] | but he did hit upon how young we are | 但他的确偶然发现了 |
[42:22] | when we start to form preferences. | 我们在很小时就形成了偏好 |
[42:23] | So when did that come in? | 那是什么时候形成的 |
[42:26] | How did it get tied to his sexuality? | 跟他的性欲是怎么联系到一起的 |
[42:29] | Was there a point at which someone could have… intervened? | 会不会有一个时间点 他人进行了干预 |
[42:32] | Well, you’re asking the right questions. | 你问到点子上了 |
[42:34] | I want the right answers. | 我要正确的答案 |
[42:36] | Don’t we all. | 谁不想呢 |
[42:39] | – I’m glad you’re here. – Well… | -真高兴你来了 -是啊 |
[42:57] | Bill. I’ve been thinking about another angle with Brudos. | 比尔 对于布鲁多斯 我在考虑另一角度 |
[43:00] | Remember what Wendy said about deflecting responsibility? | 还记得温迪说过的转移责任吗 |
[43:02] | Save it. | 等等 |
[43:12] | Fairfield Police Department. | 费尔菲尔德警署 |
[43:13] | May I speak with Detective McGraw? | 我想找麦格劳警探 |
[43:15] | This is Bill Tench with the FBI. | 我是联调局的比尔·坦奇 |
[43:17] | – He’s out right now. Can I take a message? – Yes. | -他出去了 我帮你留言 -好 |
[43:19] | Ask him to look at the photos from the Ada Jeffries case. | 让他看看艾达·杰弗里斯案的照片 |
[43:22] | – Ada Jeffries? – That’s right. | -艾达·杰弗里斯 -没错 |
[43:24] | Tell him to look at the knots that were used to tie her up. | 让他仔细看捆绑她打的结 |
[43:26] | They’re nautical and Fairfield is landlocked. | 那些是水手结 而费尔菲尔德是内陆地区 |
[43:30] | – Okay, I’ll let him know. – Thank you. | -好 我会转达的 -谢谢 |
[43:32] | – You’re back on Fairfield? – We said we’d take a look. | -你又开始看费尔菲尔德案了 -说过要研究的 |
[43:35] | Are you sure there’s still something… | 你确定还有什么… |
[43:36] | Holden, leave me alone. | 霍顿 别烦我 |
[43:40] | Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed. | 今天有人吃错药了 |
[43:45] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[43:48] | What I was saying yesterday about remaining objective, | 我昨天说的关于保持客观的话 |
[43:51] | you were right, it’s bullshit. | 你说得对 那都是胡扯 |
[43:53] | It’s very hard. | 很难做到 |
[43:55] | I’ve been around crazy. | 我见过不少疯子 |
[43:57] | I was in the army. | 我当过兵 |
[43:58] | Road School was a cakewalk. | 巡回教学对我来说小菜一碟 |
[44:00] | I didn’t mind talking about this stuff. | 我不介意谈这些 |
[44:03] | But what the fuck did I even know? | 但我又知道什么呢 |
[44:05] | These people are extremely damaged, | 这些人支离破碎 |
[44:07] | and they know how to cause damage. | 而且他们懂得如何摧毁别人 |
[44:09] | I’m running on fumes. | 我累得不行了 |
[44:11] | Can you take a break? | 你能休息一下吗 |
[44:12] | – No. – Talk to someone? | -不行 -跟别人聊聊 |
[44:15] | – I’m talking to you. – No, a professional. | -我这不正跟你聊吗 -不 跟专业人士聊 |
[44:17] | You are professional. | 你就是专业人士 |
[44:19] | I’m your coworker. I can’t be your therapist. | 我是你同事 不能当你的心理治疗师 |
[44:21] | Therapist? It’s not like that. | 心理治疗师 不是那样的 |
[44:25] | Times have changed. You don’t have to be the good soldier. | 时代变了 你不用硬撑着了 |
[44:30] | He’s fucking immune. | 他倒是完全免疫了 |
[44:33] | How do I tap into that? | 我怎么才能达到那种境界 |
[45:05] | – Hello, there. – Oh, my God. You look fantastic. | -你好啊 -天啊 你真美 |
[45:08] | So do you. | 你也是 |
[45:11] | I am so happy to be done with exams. | 全考完了 我真高兴 |
[45:15] | I made dinner. | 我做了晚餐 |
[45:22] | That was astounding. | 好惊喜 |
[45:23] | Well, don’t sound so surprised. | 别这么震惊 |
[45:25] | – You’ve been holding out on me. – Isn’t that what nice girls do? | -你一直深藏不露 -好姑娘不都这样吗 |
[45:28] | It worked. Marry me. | 你成功了 嫁给我 |
[45:30] | So I can cook for you? No. | 好让我给你做饭吗 不行 |
[45:34] | To your culinary skills. | 敬你的厨艺 |
[45:39] | – To your fellatio skills. – Just stop. | -敬你的口活 -别闹了 |
[45:41] | To changing my life. | 敬你改变了我的生活 |
[45:42] | To opening my mind. | 开阔了我的视野 |
[45:45] | Inspiring me to go back to school. | 鼓励我回到学校 |
[45:47] | Wasn’t this toast about me? | 你敬的不是我吗 |
[45:52] | I want you to know that I see you. | 我想让你知道 我懂你 |
[45:54] | How dedicated you are, how disciplined. | 你有多专注 有多自律 |
[46:00] | You have the courage to follow your curiosity. | 你有勇气追随你的好奇心 |
[46:03] | Okay, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[46:05] | – And you put up with my tendency to go on. – That, I do. | -忍耐我的滔滔不绝 -这倒是真的 |
[46:12] | I am truly delighted to be in your life. | 能成为你生命中的一部分 我真的很高兴 |
[46:25] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[46:31] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[46:45] | Hold that thought. | 等一下 |
[48:29] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[48:31] | You don’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[48:36] | No, I love it. | 不 我很喜欢 |
[49:26] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[49:32] | It’s weird. | 感觉很怪 |
[49:38] | This? | 这样 |
[49:40] | It’s just… not you. | 这不是你 |
[49:46] | Yeah, Holden. That’s the point. | 对 霍顿 要的就是这样 |