时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:18] | – It’s like meeting a movie star. – Could be as anti-climactic. | -就像要见电影明星一样 -可能会一样扫兴 |
[03:21] | “Crime of the Century.” | 世纪大案 |
[03:23] | Until Charles Whitman two weeks later. | 直到两周后的查尔斯·惠特曼案 |
[03:25] | I remember staring at this | 我记得我当年看到 |
[03:26] | wanted poster of him, trying to figure out… | 他的通缉令的时候 想着… |
[03:29] | if I saw him on the street, would I know he was insane? | 如果我在街上看到他 我能辨别出他是个疯子吗 |
[03:32] | – You clip all these? – Everything I could get my hands on. | -这都是你剪下来的吗 -所有我能拿到手的资料 |
[03:34] | Even went to my neighbors | 我甚至还去找了我的邻居 |
[03:35] | who subscribed to newspapers outside of Milwaukee. | 他订了密尔沃基市以外地区的报纸 |
[03:38] | Holden and his first criminal crush. | 霍顿和他迷恋上的第一起案件 |
[03:40] | I was home for the summer from college. | 我那时大学放暑假待在家 |
[03:42] | It really made an impact. | 这个案子当时引起很大轰动 |
[03:44] | Nancy didn’t sleep for a week when it hit the front page. | 这件事登上头条后 南茜一周都没睡好觉 |
[03:47] | She’d just started nursing school. | 她那时刚上卫校 |
[03:48] | It still makes the news. | 至今都能上新闻 |
[03:50] | We should’ve let that suffice as our interview. | 早知我们就该用这篇报道当做谈话算了 |
[03:52] | – Saved ourselves a trip out here. – He lied all through it. | -也就不用亲自跑一趟了 -他全篇都在撒谎 |
[03:55] | Why? You don’t think he’ll lie to us? | 怎么 你觉得他不会对我们说谎吗 |
[03:57] | Wonder how Bob Greene got him to talk. | 我很好奇鲍勃·格林是怎么让他松口的 |
[03:59] | Probably by kissing his ass. | 可能拍了他的马屁 |
[04:01] | He called him a romantic figure. He’s as bad as you. | 他称自己是个浪漫的人 和你一样讨厌 |
[04:04] | You would really turn down the chance to meet Richard Speck? | 你真的会拒绝采访理查德·斯派克的机会吗 |
[04:08] | He’s almost up there with Manson. | 他的地位都和曼森差不多了 |
[04:10] | Well, maybe he’ll give you an autograph. | 也许他会送你个亲笔签名 |
[04:16] | That would be inappropriate, right? | 那样不太合适 对吗 |
[04:56] | Sign in. | 登记 |
[05:09] | All right. Go ahead. | 好了 进去吧 |
[05:27] | Deputy Warden Armstrong. | 我是副典狱长阿姆斯特朗 |
[05:29] | Holden Ford. This is Bill Tench. | 霍顿·福特 这位是比尔·坦奇 |
[05:31] | – The headshrink guys? – Behavioral Science Unit. | -精神科的人吗 -行为科学部 |
[05:33] | Thanks for accommodating us. | 感谢你的帮助 |
[05:35] | You’re the ones who painted this place pink? | 就是你们把这里的墙都刷成粉色的吗 |
[05:38] | The feds. You know, some psychology thing. | 联邦政府 说是和心理学有关 |
[05:43] | The color pink was supposed to keep the animals calm. | 说粉色会使那些野兽保持冷静 |
[05:45] | How’d that work? | 效果如何 |
[05:46] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:48] | They ate it off the bars before we could find out. | 我们还没搞清楚 他们就把栏杆上的粉漆啃掉了 |
[05:56] | – Is this the only way through? – This is the way. | -这是唯一的路线吗 -是的 |
[05:59] | We prefer to come in quietly, | 我们更希望低调地进入 |
[06:00] | make it look like a civil rights investigation. | 让人以为是民权调查 |
[06:02] | Look around, how am I supposed to hide you? | 看看四周 我怎么把你们藏起来 |
[06:04] | We didn’t want him to be seen as a snitch, suffer reprisals. | 我们不想让他被当做告密者 遭人报复 |
[06:07] | As far as I’m concerned, | 在我看来 |
[06:08] | he could suffer the burning flames of hell for eternity. | 他就该永远承受地狱之火的折磨 |
[06:10] | Okay, but that’s not what we agreed to. | 好吧 但我们之前约定的不是这样 |
[06:12] | God, take it easy. | 天啊 放轻松 |
[06:14] | We pulled him to toss his cell. | 我们有时会把他拉出来 检查牢房 |
[06:15] | Do it twice a month. | 一个月检查两次 |
[06:16] | It’ll look like business as usual. | 这次看起来也会和平常一样 |
[06:20] | Armstrong. | 阿姆斯特朗 |
[06:25] | From his groupies. | 他的崇拜者送来的 |
[06:27] | How does a man who slaughtered eight women have groupies? | 一个杀害了八个女人的凶手怎么会有崇拜者 |
[06:30] | Hundreds of them. Keeps the whole prison stocked in smut. | 有数百人呢 搞得监狱里全是这些艳照 |
[06:37] | Stay behind me. | 待在我身后 |
[06:39] | You goddamn motherfucking shits! | 你个狗娘养的杂种 |
[06:42] | Get off of me! I’ll fuck you up. | 放开我 我要操死你 |
[06:44] | I’ll fuck you so hard, | 我要狠狠地操你 |
[06:45] | your asshole will come out your motherfucking mouth! | 直接把你的屁眼操穿 从嘴巴出来 |
[06:47] | – Take it easy, Speck. – Get your fucking mitts off of my shit! | -放松 斯派克 -不要拿你的脏手碰我的东西 |
[06:51] | Son of a bitch! | 狗娘养的 |
[06:52] | Fuck your mama’s hairy fucking asshole, | 操你妈 |
[06:54] | you cock-sucking peckerwood! | 你个含鸡巴的白人垃圾 |
[06:56] | Shit-bag, motherfucking twat! | 废物 臭傻逼 |
[06:58] | I’m gonna shit in your goddamn fucking poontang, you fuck-ass… | 我要在你的逼里拉屎 你个该死的… |
[07:03] | Get off me, you cracker! | 放开我 白皮猪 |
[07:05] | I ain’t talking to the motherfucking FBI! | 我不会和联调局的混蛋谈的 |
[07:12] | I wouldn’t say that too loudly, if I were you. | 如果我是你的话 就不会喊这么大声 |
[07:14] | Fuck you in your fucking mouth. | 去你妈的臭傻逼 |
[07:17] | We’d like to have a conversation, Richard. | 我们想和你谈谈 理查德 |
[07:20] | Or what do you go by? | 你喜欢被怎么称呼 |
[07:21] | I’m not talking to no faggot feds. | 我不要和联邦调查局的蠢货说话 |
[07:23] | Relax. We only want background information. | 放轻松 我们只想要一些背景信息 |
[07:26] | Stick your background up your fucking ass. | 去你妈逼的背景信息 |
[07:29] | You’re here, and we’re gonna ask you a few questions. | 既然你都来了 我们会问你一些问题 |
[07:32] | We can make it brief, | 我们可以快速谈完 |
[07:33] | or you can scream your head off and take all day. | 或者你可以继续大骂 耗上一整天 |
[07:35] | You fucking turned my cell out. | 你们把我的牢房翻个底朝天 |
[07:37] | How’d you like it if I looked up your fucking cracks? | 如果我把你住的地方翻个底朝天 你会作何感想 |
[07:40] | I wouldn’t like it at all. | 我肯定很不高兴 |
[07:41] | Going through your cell was not our idea. | 搜查你的牢房并不是我们的主意 |
[07:46] | Please. | 请吧 |
[07:48] | Have a seat. | 坐 |
[08:11] | Mr. Speck | 斯派克先生 |
[08:11] | We’re conducting interviews | 我们正在对 |
[08:12] | with people who’ve been convicted of violent crimes. | 被判暴力犯罪的人进行约谈 |
[08:14] | We’ll be asking about family history, | 我们会围绕你的犯罪行为对你的家族史 |
[08:16] | antecedent behavior, and thought patterns | 作案前的行为 思维模式 |
[08:18] | – surrounding the crimes… – Fuck you, Hoover boys. | -进行询问… -去死吧 联调局的小子 |
[08:23] | Our goal is to publish a statistical analysis | 我们的目的是发表一份统计分析报告 |
[08:25] | which will not include your name. | 里面不会提到你的名字 |
[08:26] | – You better know my name. – I beg your pardon? | -你最好知道我的名字 -你说什么 |
[08:29] | “Beg your pardon.” Fuck you. | “你说什么” 去死吧 |
[08:32] | We know your name. | 我们知道你的名字 |
[08:34] | Everybody knows your name. | 大家都知道你的名字 |
[08:39] | Who else you talking to? | 你们还和谁谈过 |
[08:41] | Like I’ve said, | 我说了 |
[08:41] | people who’ve been convicted of similar violent crimes. | 都是被判有类似暴力重罪的人 |
[08:44] | – I’m not like them. – No? | -我和他们不同 -不同吗 |
[08:46] | You don’t think you’ve committed violent crimes? | 你不认为你犯下了暴力重罪吗 |
[08:48] | I didn’t say that. | 我没这么说 |
[08:49] | How are you not like them? | 你和他们哪里不同 |
[08:51] | Them fuckers are crazy. | 那些人是疯子 |
[08:55] | Is that a bird? | 那是只鸟吗 |
[09:00] | Where’d you get it? | 你从哪里得到的 |
[09:02] | It had a broken wing. | 它的翅膀受伤了 |
[09:04] | I fed it meatloaf through an eyedropper. | 我用眼药水滴管喂了它肉饼 |
[09:08] | Did you give it a name? | 你给它起名字了吗 |
[09:11] | They let you keep a pet here? | 他们允许在这养宠物吗 |
[09:12] | As long as I suck their dicks. | 只要我含他们的屌就行 |
[09:17] | It won’t surprise you, Richard, | 你肯定不会觉得意外 理查德 |
[09:19] | that we want to talk about July 14, 1966. | 我们想和你谈谈1966年7月14号那天的事 |
[09:23] | You’d been drinking since the morning, is that correct? | 你从一大早就开始喝酒 对吗 |
[09:27] | You’d gone a few times to the Maritime Union | 你去了几次海员工会 |
[09:29] | to see about getting a job, but nothing had panned out. | 想要找一份工作 但是一无所获 |
[09:33] | Did this influence your state of mind? | 这影响到你的心情了吗 |
[09:39] | You drank at the Shipyard’s Inn Tavern until after 10:00 p.M., | 你在船坞客栈酒吧喝到了晚上10点 |
[09:43] | when you walked over a mile to 2319 100th Street. | 之后你走了近两公里来到了第100街2319号 |
[09:49] | Did anything about the nurse’s apartment catch your eye? | 护士们的宿舍有什么吸引你的地方吗 |
[09:54] | Was it your intention to commit robbery | 当你走到宿舍楼门口的时候 |
[09:56] | when you went to the door? | 本来是打算抢劫吗 |
[10:06] | May I see your… tattoo? | 我可以看看你的文身吗 |
[10:10] | I read about it. I collected these pieces on you. | 我在报上看到过 我收集了这些关于你的报道 |
[10:14] | The tattoo is kind of legendary. | 那文身还挺有传奇色彩的 |
[10:17] | I always wondered what it looked like. | 我一直好奇它是什么样子的 |
[10:22] | You’re gonna have to roll up my sleeve. | 你得卷起我的袖子 |
[10:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:27] | Well, come here, then, little boy. | 那么过来吧 小子 |
[10:38] | You want to pet my bird, too? | 你想摸摸我的鸟吗 |
[10:42] | Uh, no. Thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[10:51] | You went to the nurse’s apartment, knocked on the door, | 你前往护士宿舍 然后敲门 |
[10:54] | one of the young women answered it. | 一名年轻女子开了门 |
[10:56] | You flashed a knife at her, pushed your way inside, | 你突然对她亮出了刀 把她推入房内 |
[10:59] | realized there were several women home. | 发现房间内还有好几个女孩 |
[11:01] | Was it still your intention to rob them at this point? | 那时你依然只是想抢劫吗 |
[11:06] | At what point did you decide to kill them? | 你是什么时候决定杀了她们的 |
[11:13] | – I’m sorry. – What? | -抱歉 -怎么了 |
[11:14] | I gotta ask. | 我必须问一下 |
[11:18] | What gave you the right | 是什么给了你 |
[11:20] | to take eight ripe cunts out of the world? | 除掉那八个淫娃荡妇的权利 |
[11:25] | Some of them looked pretty good. | 其中有几个相当漂亮 |
[11:27] | You ever think you were depriving the rest of us? | 你有没有想过你在剥夺我们享受的权利 |
[11:32] | Eight hot pieces of ass. | 八个性感骚货 |
[11:36] | You think that’s fair? | 你觉得这公平吗 |
[11:42] | You’re crazy. | 你真是疯了 |
[11:44] | That’s a fine line that separates you from me. | 那就是我和你不一样的地方 |
[11:46] | How the hell did you even fuck eight women the same night? | 你一个晚上怎么能操八个女人 |
[11:49] | What do you eat for breakfast, gunpowder? | 你早上吃的什么 火药吗 |
[11:51] | – All right. – I didn’t fuck all of them. | -够了 -我没有操她们所有人 |
[11:53] | That story got blowed all out of proportion. | 故事被吹得言过其实了 |
[11:55] | – I only fucked one of them. – The one on the couch? | -我只操了她们中的一个 -沙发上的那个吗 |
[11:58] | – That’s right. – Why her? | -没错 -为什么选她 |
[12:00] | – Could’ve fucked all of them. – Why didn’t you? | -我本来是可以把她们全操了 -你为什么没这么做 |
[12:01] | They kept coming. | 她们不断进来 |
[12:03] | One after the other. | 一个接着一个 |
[12:05] | What’d you do when they came home? | 她们回来时 你是怎么做的 |
[12:06] | I put one in the bedroom, one in the closet. | 我把一个赶到了卧室 一个赶到了柜子里 |
[12:09] | You corralled them like ponies? | 你把她们像小马一样关了起来 |
[12:11] | – That’s right. Tied them up. – Why’d you kill them? | -没错 把她们绑起来 -你为什么要杀了她们 |
[12:14] | Once I killed one, I had to kill all of them. | 一旦杀了一个 就必须全杀了 |
[12:16] | Why’d you kill the first? | 你为什么杀死第一个姑娘 |
[12:17] | She was crying and all, she was fucking loud. | 她一直在哭闹 她太吵了 |
[12:20] | You told Bob Greene she spit in your eye, | 你对鲍勃·格林说她朝你的眼睛吐口水 |
[12:23] | said she’d pick you out of a lineup. | 说她记住了你的样貌 |
[12:24] | That son of a bitch, I should’ve never talked to him. | 那个狗杂种 我不该接受他的采访的 |
[12:27] | – Why not? – He got the whole place all riled up. | -为什么 -他把整个监狱搞得群情激奋 |
[12:30] | I just wanted to kick back. | 我只是想放松享受一下 |
[12:31] | Do your heroin, drink your hootch? | 磕个药 喝个酒 |
[12:33] | – That’s right. – Where do you get that stuff? | -没错 -你从哪搞来的这些东西 |
[12:35] | Got my sources. | 我有自己的渠道 |
[12:37] | – Made my own still. – You made a still? | -我自己做了制酒器 -你做了制酒器 |
[12:39] | Hid it in a drawer in a guards’ desk. | 藏到了狱警们的桌子抽屉里 |
[12:42] | Right under their fucking nose. | 就在他们眼皮底下 |
[12:44] | They couldn’t figure out what the stink was. | 他们根本不知道臭味是哪散发出来的 |
[12:46] | Was that true about the first girl? | 关于第一个女孩的那事是真的吗 |
[12:48] | She spit at you? | 她真朝你吐口水了吗 |
[12:48] | Because they all sounded pretty timid. | 因为她们听起来都挺胆小的 |
[12:50] | All right, she got after me. | 好吧 她一直骂我 |
[12:52] | I told her to shut up. | 我叫她闭嘴 |
[12:54] | – Did she shut up? – She did what I said. | -她闭嘴了吗 -她照我说的做了 |
[12:56] | – Then why kill her? – ‘Cause I wanted to. | -那为什么杀她 -因为我想 |
[12:59] | How’d you do her? | 你是怎么杀她的 |
[13:00] | Choked her. | 我掐死了她 |
[13:02] | Took forever. | 用了好久 |
[13:04] | Is that why you stabbed the others? | 所以你才用刀捅死了其他人 |
[13:06] | – It was faster? – That’s right. | -这样更快是吗 -没错 |
[13:08] | Originally, you told them you weren’t gonna kill them, | 最开始 你告诉她们你不会杀了她们 |
[13:10] | you told them you were just gonna rob them. | 只是想打劫 |
[13:12] | I guess I fucking lied. | 我说谎了 |
[13:13] | – Maybe you got overwhelmed? – No. | -也许你是惊慌失措了 -不 |
[13:16] | I just decided to kill them. | 我就是决定要杀她们 |
[13:19] | Except the one. | 除了一个 |
[13:20] | She was a sneaky bitch. | 她是个狡猾的贱人 |
[13:22] | Hid under a bed. | 藏在了床底下 |
[13:25] | You know, I never did have much use for math. | 我的数学一直不好 |
[13:28] | And all them girls, I lost count. | 那么多女孩 我没数清 |
[13:31] | And there was blood fucking everywhere. | 而且到处都他妈是血 |
[13:33] | Yep, they all looked dead to me. | 是的 在我看来她们都死透了 |
[13:36] | They’d done nothing, | 她们什么都没做 |
[13:37] | except maybe start crying when they realized this was it. | 除了可能意识到自己要死的时候哭了几声 |
[13:44] | Ever wonder why you did it? | 你有想过自己为什么这么做吗 |
[13:46] | No. | 没有 |
[13:48] | – Not even curious? – I don’t think about it at all | -甚至都不好奇吗 -在你们这种人出现之前 |
[13:51] | until peckers like you show up. | 我连想都没想过这事 |
[13:53] | What about when you tried to off yourself? | 那你试图自杀的时候是怎么想的 |
[13:55] | Don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[13:57] | You attempted suicide at dawn in that motel. | 你黎明时分曾试图在那个汽车旅馆里自杀 |
[13:59] | I didn’t do that. | 我可没有 |
[14:00] | – Well, you slashed your wrists. – Fuck no! | -你割伤了你的手腕 -我他妈才没有 |
[14:02] | – That was a fight. – What? | -那是打架弄的 -什么 |
[14:03] | – How I got cut. – Who’d you fight? | -我的伤口 -你和谁打架 |
[14:05] | Some river coon trying to hustle. | 某个想要找我茬的蠢货 |
[14:07] | Just happened to be on both wrists? | 这么巧两个手腕都割伤了吗 |
[14:08] | I killed that motherfucker. | 我杀了那个混蛋 |
[14:09] | – You killed him, too? – Shit, yeah. | -你也把他杀了吗 -是的 |
[14:12] | I didn’t see that in the paper. | 我在报上没见过这段 |
[14:13] | Because nobody gives a fuck about that. | 因为根本没有人在乎 |
[14:16] | You lost a lot of blood. | 你流了很多血 |
[14:18] | – Did it hurt? – I didn’t feel fucking nothing. | -疼吗 -我什么感觉都没有 |
[14:22] | – Do you still feel nothing? – That’s right. | -现在也什么感觉都没有吗 -没错 |
[14:24] | – Maybe it feels good, feeling nothing. – Sure. | -毫无感觉一定很爽 -当然 |
[14:28] | Are you sure, when you slashed your wrists, | 你确定 当你划伤自己手腕的时候 |
[14:31] | you didn’t feel bad about those girls? | 没有对那些女孩感到愧疚吗 |
[14:33] | I told you, I didn’t do that. | 我跟你说了 我没试图自杀 |
[14:35] | Maybe you weren’t feeling bad about the girls. | 也许你没有对姑娘们感到愧疚 |
[14:38] | Maybe you were feeling sorry for yourself. | 也许你是在自怨自艾 |
[14:40] | Fuck you, peckerhead! | 操你妈 混蛋 |
[14:43] | You know why those cunts died? | 你知道为什么那群贱人死了吗 |
[14:49] | Because it just wasn’t their fucking night. | 因为她们那天晚上运气不好 |
[14:55] | Well, that was fucked up. | 刚刚真是够糟糕的 |
[14:59] | When he started talking about feeding it through an eyedropper, | 当他说用眼药水滴管喂鸟的时候 |
[15:02] | I actually felt sorry for the guy. | 我甚至有些同情他 |
[15:07] | We really should videotape these interviews. | 我们真的应该对这类谈话进行录像 |
[15:10] | Audio is never gonna do it justice. | 音频肯定是不够的 |
[15:14] | A video archive of our most violent offenders. | 一份关于最暴力罪犯的影音档案 |
[15:17] | Imagine that for posterity. | 想象一下对后人的帮助有多大 |
[15:21] | “It just wasn’t their night.” | “她们那天晚上运气不好” |
[15:32] | You might want to consider losing the tape. | 你最好丢掉这盘录音带 |
[15:34] | What? | 什么 |
[15:35] | Or saying it got mangled. The recorder chewed it. | 或者说录音损坏了 录音机把带子绞了 |
[15:38] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[15:41] | “Eight ripe cunts.” | “八个淫娃荡妇” |
[15:42] | – I was getting him talking. – That excuse is wearing thin. | -我那是为了诱导他说话 -这个理由站不住 |
[15:45] | Bill, don’t get caught up in semantics. | 比尔 别纠结于用词了 |
[15:47] | I don’t like the language, | 我不喜欢这种脏话 |
[15:49] | and I know at least one other person who won’t like it either. | 而且我知道至少还有一个人也不喜欢 |
[15:51] | – Am I supposed to be cowed by Wendy? – I’m just saying… | -我应该害怕温迪吗 -我是说… |
[15:54] | You pushed back when she reamed us about Brudos. | 布鲁多斯那事 她斥责我们的时候你也反驳了 |
[15:55] | Because we got something worthwhile from him. | 那是因为我们在他身上得到了有价值的信息 |
[15:58] | I can do this stuff. | 我可以做这种事 |
[16:00] | I can choke down the bile, manufacture empathy, | 我可以忍气吞声 换位思考 |
[16:03] | when our subjects are at least informative. | 只要我们的的采访对象是有挖掘价值的 |
[16:05] | You couldn’t choke it down with Brudos… | 布鲁多斯的事你就没有忍受… |
[16:06] | Shut up, let me finish. | 闭嘴 听我说完 |
[16:07] | But someone like Speck isn’t worth our time. | 但像斯派克这样的人不值得我们浪费时间 |
[16:10] | The fact that his death sentence was commuted | 事实上 他的死刑被减免 |
[16:12] | is a national disgrace. | 已经是国家耻辱了 |
[16:14] | We decided no one was beneath our contempt. | 我们之前说好绝对不蔑视任何一个人 |
[16:16] | That snail didn’t change your mind? | 那个疯子还没有让你改变想法吗 |
[16:17] | – We can learn from snails. – What did we learn? | -我们从疯子身上也可以学到东西 -学到什么 |
[16:19] | That some subjects | 有些受访对象 |
[16:21] | have no idea what’s behind the horrific acts they commit. | 并不知道自己为什么做出如此恐怖的行为 |
[16:24] | It was disgusting. I don’t want to be part of it. | 太恶心了 我不想再参与了 |
[16:26] | – When did you get thin-skinned? – I’m trying to warn you, | -你什么时候变得这么敏感了 -我是想提醒你 |
[16:29] | your attitude is gonna bite you in the ass. | 你的态度最后会让你自食恶果 |
[16:32] | There is no dishonor in losing | 毁掉至少前三分钟的录音 |
[16:34] | at least the first three minutes of that tape. | 并不是什么丢人的事 |
[16:37] | Ladies and gentlemen, we will be arriving at Dulles momentarily. | 女士们先生们 我们即将抵达杜勒斯 |
[16:41] | Please make sure your seat belts are fastened. | 请确保系好安全带 |
[16:43] | Tray tables and seat backs | 收起小桌板 |
[16:44] | should be in their upright and locked position. | 并调直座椅靠背 |
[17:55] | You know, Gregg… | 话说 格雷格 |
[17:58] | there are some things in this interview | 这段谈话里 |
[18:00] | that were important to, uh… | 有些重要的内容… |
[18:03] | But maybe best kept off the permanent record. | 但最好还是不要写进正式记录里面 |
[18:37] | He admits to raping only one of the women. | 他承认只强奸了一名女性 |
[18:39] | – We already knew that. – Why does he bring it up? | -这我们已经知道了 -他为什么提起这件事 |
[18:41] | He wasn’t initially forthcoming. | 他一开始并不配合 |
[18:42] | I believe I asked him | 我觉得是因为我问了他 |
[18:44] | how he managed to have sex with all those nurses. | 是怎么做到跟所有护士发生性关系的 |
[18:48] | Wait, you caught him off guard, he told the truth? | 等等 你让他措手不及 说出了实情吗 |
[18:49] | – I guess so. – This rape was committed reflexively. | -我猜是吧 -那场强奸是他下意识的行为 |
[18:52] | The crime scene photos indicate | 犯罪现场的照片显示 |
[18:53] | that she was facedown on the couch, | 她是面部朝下趴在沙发上 |
[18:55] | so she was already depersonalized to him. | 所以她已经不被当做人来看待了 |
[18:57] | It was probably just a “What the fuck” fuck. | 很可能只是一时兴起的强奸 |
[19:01] | So he goes to the boardinghouse drunk, | 当晚他喝醉后前往护士宿舍 |
[19:03] | looking for someone to rob. | 想要寻找目标来实施抢劫 |
[19:05] | And then he finds himself in this situation with all these women. | 之后发现房间内全是女人 |
[19:08] | He corrals them and then he rapes one of them. | 他把她们关了起来 并强奸了其中的一个 |
[19:12] | – To prove he can? – Statement of sexual competence. | -为了证明他有那个能力吗 -展现自己的性能力 |
[19:14] | Which he later exaggerates in the interview, | 他后来在面谈中也吹嘘过 |
[19:16] | claiming he could have raped them all. | 说他本可以强奸所有人 |
[19:17] | He was bragging the whole time. | 他一直在吹牛 |
[19:19] | He turned his suicide attempt into a bar fight. | 他把自杀解释成酒吧斗殴 |
[19:21] | Yeah, projecting machismo. | 没错 想投射出男子气概 |
[19:22] | – “Born to Raise Hell.” – Yes. | -“生而为魔” -是的 |
[19:24] | It would be interesting to know how old he was | 如果知道他在几岁的时候弄的文身 |
[19:26] | when he got that tattoo. | 应该会很有意思 |
[19:27] | Because that was the conscious decision | 因为他就是那个时候 |
[19:29] | for him to brand himself a badass. | 有意识地决定将自己塑造成一个暴徒 |
[19:30] | We didn’t get much history. | 我们没有挖掘到太多过去的事 |
[19:32] | The bird in the fan kind of ended things. | 他把鸟丢进风扇时 谈话就进行不下去了 |
[19:34] | That moment? Vintage Speck. | 那一刻才是真正的斯派克 |
[19:36] | You had just accused him of cowardice by attempting suicide. | 你刚刚指责他试图自杀是懦弱的行为 |
[19:39] | And nobody born to raise hell is a coward. | 生而为魔的人绝对不是懦夫 |
[19:41] | The bird was just further demonstration. | 那只鸟只是为了更好地证明这点 |
[19:43] | I like the part where he | 我喜欢的部分是 |
[19:44] | doesn’t want to be lumped in with other subjects | 他不想和其他受访者被归为一类 |
[19:46] | – because they’re crazy. – Again, projection of self-image. | -因为他们是疯子 -同样的 自我形象的投射 |
[19:49] | Speck is powerful, superior, exceptional. | 斯派克是强大的 卓越的 特殊的 |
[19:52] | But did we learn anything new? Anything that wasn’t in our files? | 但我们有什么新收获吗 档案里之前没有的 |
[19:55] | He had no idea what he was going to do that night. | 他本来不知道自己当晚要做什么 |
[19:57] | Every single act he committed was… spontaneous. | 他的每个行为都是一时兴起的 |
[20:00] | We knew that from the evidence. | 我们之前看证据时就知道了 |
[20:02] | Speck was so out of it, | 斯派克醉得太厉害了 |
[20:03] | the woman who answered the door | 为她开门的那个女人 |
[20:04] | was the only one he forgot to kill. | 就是他唯一忘了杀死的那个 |
[20:06] | Yeah, but to hear him say it, that’s extremely valuable. | 是啊 但听到他本人说出来 这非常有价值 |
[20:10] | We need terminology to distinguish a Kemper from a Speck. | 我们需要用专业术语来区分坎伯和斯派克这样的人 |
[20:13] | One drives around with ropes, knives, plastic bags in his trunk | 一个是带着绳子 刀子和塑料袋 开车闲逛 |
[20:17] | and returns to a specific hunting ground | 然后回到特定的狩猎地点 |
[20:19] | looking for specific prey, | 寻找特定的猎物 |
[20:20] | while the other just happens upon his victims. | 另一个只是随机挑选受害者 |
[20:23] | Isn’t that organized and disorganized? | 这不就是有组织的和无组织的区别吗 |
[20:24] | No. Those terms describe procedure. I’m looking… | 不 这些术语是用来形容过程的 我要的是… |
[20:27] | For example, Charles Whitman is similar to Speck. | 比如 查尔斯·惠特曼和斯派克类似 |
[20:30] | He killed 14 people in 90 minutes. | 他在90分钟内杀害了14个人 |
[20:32] | He’s not a sequence killer, he’s… | 他不是个连续杀手 他是… |
[20:34] | Whitman was on a spree. | 惠特曼是享受杀人狂欢 |
[20:35] | His victims weren’t selected. | 他的目标并没有经过筛选 |
[20:37] | – Just wasn’t their night. – Bill? | -他们只是运气不好 -比尔 |
[20:40] | Spree is good for Speck or Whitman. | 狂欢杀人适用于斯派克或惠特曼 |
[20:43] | But I think sequence killer is wrong for someone like Kemper. | 但我觉得用连续杀手来形容坎伯这样的人并不合适 |
[20:46] | – It feels too cadenced. – Perhaps. | -感觉太有规律了 -可能吧 |
[20:48] | It should feel like a long story. Continually updated. | 更像是个长篇故事 持续更新的那种 |
[20:52] | A series of killings. | 一系列的杀戮 |
[20:54] | – Serial? – Serial murderer? | -连环的吗 -连环凶手 |
[20:55] | Serial killer? | 连环杀手 |
[20:58] | That’s better. Let’s see if it sticks. | 听起来好多了 我们看看是否合适 |
[21:03] | – Six more years? – At least. | -还需要6年吗 -至少 |
[21:05] | Another year to complete my Masters, | 还有一年来完成我的硕士学位 |
[21:07] | a year of exams to get a doctoral candidacy, | 一年的考核来获得博士申请资格 |
[21:09] | and the dissertation takes two | 还有论文需要用两年 |
[21:11] | if you’re extremely motivated, usually four. | 前提你非常卖力的话 通常要四年 |
[21:14] | – You drink out of these? – Just the one that’s drying. | -你用这些杯喝东西吗 -只用正在晾干的那个 |
[21:17] | Store them upside down. | 把它们扣着放 |
[21:21] | Anyway, I’ll be 30 before I get my PhD. | 总之 我30岁以后才会拿到博士学位 |
[21:23] | That’s still impressive. | 那也还是很让人佩服啊 |
[21:25] | Is that why I’m doing this? Who am I trying to impress? | 那就是我求学的原因吗 我是想让谁佩服 |
[21:28] | – I thought you loved this stuff. – “This stuff”? | -我以为你喜欢这种东西 -这种东西 |
[21:30] | Yeah, the sociological constructs that you’re always espousing. | 是啊 你一直以来信奉的社会学构造 |
[21:34] | – The Goffman and the Higel… – Hegal. | -戈夫曼和海格尔 -是黑格尔 |
[21:37] | – Hegal. – I knew it. | -黑格尔 -我就知道 |
[21:39] | In one ear, out the other, little Debbie’s stuff. | 左耳进右耳出 黛比喜欢的无聊事 |
[21:41] | I’m just talking generally, honestly not trying to minimize… | 我只是随便说说 没有轻视的意思 |
[21:43] | You perk up when I talk about something | 我只有在说一些和你工作有关的事时 |
[21:45] | that has to do with your work, | 你才会提起精神 |
[21:46] | but the rest of the time… | 但是其余时间… |
[21:47] | I don’t think you can put this on me. | 你不能把这事怪到我头上 |
[21:49] | You’ve made it clear I’m not to get between you and your… | 你之前说得很清楚 我不能影响你的… |
[21:52] | “Stuff.” Maybe that’s all this is. | “东西” 也许这就是根源所在 |
[21:55] | Maybe that’s why I’m wondering | 也许这就是为什么我不确定 |
[21:56] | if I want to spend the rest of my fucking life… | 是否要用我的一生… |
[21:58] | You’re just now doing the math? | 你现在才开始算时间吗 |
[21:58] | Not all of us land feet first | 不是所有人都能从一开始 |
[22:00] | in our ideal vocation, Mr. Ford. | 就从事自己理想的职业 福特先生 |
[22:02] | – You think that’s me? – You’ve found this microscopic niche | -你觉得我是这样吗 -你通过和变态面谈 |
[22:05] | interviewing freaks, and you couldn’t be better… | 找到了自己的小天地 而且做得很好 |
[22:17] | – Hello? – Mr. Ford, I have a Mrs. Wade to see you. | -喂 -福特先生 有一位韦德太太想见你 |
[22:20] | – Who? – Uh, she says… | -谁 -她说… |
[22:22] | What is this regarding, ma’am? | 所为何事 女士 |
[22:25] | – She’s the wife of someone you had fired. – Oh. | -她说她老公因为你丢了工作 -是吗 |
[22:28] | She says to remind you of someone named Roger. | 她说提醒你是个叫罗杰的人 |
[22:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:32] | If you’d like, I can call somebody. | 如果你觉得有必要 我可以叫人来 |
[22:35] | Send her up. | 让她上来吧 |
[22:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[22:45] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[23:02] | Mr. Ford? | 福特先生 |
[23:03] | Mrs. Wade. | 韦德太太 |
[23:05] | That’s right. | 正是 |
[23:07] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[23:08] | It took a while. | 花了些时间 |
[23:12] | You might not want to follow a federal agent. | 你最好不要跟踪一位联邦探员 |
[23:15] | There could be consequences. | 可能会有严重的后果 |
[23:17] | You’re just a kid. | 你不过是个孩子 |
[23:20] | What do you want? | 你有何贵干 |
[23:21] | So young to be ruining people’s lives. | 你这个年纪不该毁掉别人的生活 |
[23:23] | – Mrs. Wade. – I’m sure you’re aware | -韦德太太 -我相信你知道 |
[23:25] | that Roger was let go by the school district. | 罗杰被校区开除了 |
[23:29] | I was not aware. | 我不知道 |
[23:30] | Which means he can never again work in Prince William County. | 那意味着他再也不能在威廉王子县工作了 |
[23:34] | We’ve been in our home for 23 years. | 我们已经在那里生活了23年 |
[23:37] | We have a daughter who’s still in high school, | 我们的女儿还在上高中 |
[23:39] | so moving is impossible. | 所以搬家是不可能的 |
[23:45] | He’s been looking for work all over Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, | 他跑遍了弗吉尼亚州 马里兰州 特拉华州 |
[23:49] | as a guidance counselor, | 想找一份辅导老师的工作 |
[23:53] | a substitute teacher. | 代课教员也行 |
[23:55] | But no one wants him near children. | 但是没人愿意让他接近孩子 |
[23:58] | And children are his life. | 而孩子就是他的生命 |
[23:59] | I am very sorry to hear that, | 我很抱歉是这样的结果 |
[24:01] | but I had nothing to do with your husband… | 但是我和你丈夫的遭遇并没有关系 |
[24:03] | I understand you told the superintendent he could be a pedophile. | 我知道你告诉校监他可能是个恋童癖 |
[24:07] | You’ve been misinformed. | 你获取的信息有误 |
[24:08] | So… you’re saying that you didn’t talk to anyone? | 所以你没有对任何人说过吗 |
[24:12] | This was started by teachers. | 那是老师们提起来的 |
[24:14] | You mean Janet Ebner? | 你是说珍内特·艾本纳吗 |
[24:16] | Roger was going against the wishes of faculty and parents. | 罗杰的行为违背了老师和家长的意愿 |
[24:20] | – He’d been given every opportunity to… – He did nothing wrong! | -他本来有机会来… -他没做错任何事 |
[24:28] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么和你说 |
[24:31] | I almost don’t know him anymore. | 我几乎不认识他了 |
[24:35] | I’ve never seen him so morose. | 我从没见过他如此阴沉 |
[24:38] | He doesn’t sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night, | 他不睡觉 我半夜起来 |
[24:41] | he’s in the living room, staring at snow on the television. | 他正在客厅盯着电视上的雪花 |
[24:45] | He’s almost 50 years old. | 他都快50岁了 |
[24:48] | We have three children, two of them are studying to be teachers. | 我们有三个孩子 两个在学习教育专业 |
[24:52] | We were respected in the community. | 我们以前在社区里受人尊敬 |
[24:58] | Suddenly, people who’ve known us for years | 突然间 和我们相识多年的人们 |
[25:00] | pretend they don’t see him on the street. | 在街上假装看不见他 |
[25:02] | Someone spray-painted “kiddie fucker” on our driveway. | 有人用喷漆在我们的车道上写了”恋童癖” |
[25:09] | Would you like to come in? | 你想要进来吗 |
[25:14] | You’re very young as well. | 你也很年轻 |
[25:17] | Do you know what kind of person you’re married to? | 你知道你嫁给了什么样的人吗 |
[25:20] | We’re not married. | 我们没结婚 |
[25:23] | Then there’s still time. | 那还来得及挽救 |
[25:31] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[25:33] | Nothing. | 什么都没做 |
[26:44] | – What am I looking at? – Came in from the Atlanta field office. | -这是什么 -亚特兰大驻地办公室刚传来的 |
[26:48] | Twelve-year-old girl raped and murdered | 12岁女孩下了校车后 |
[26:49] | after she got off the school bus. | 被人奸杀 |
[26:53] | Atlanta? | 亚特兰大 |
[26:54] | Adairsville, 60 miles northwest of Atlanta. | 阿代尔斯维尔 亚特兰大西北96公里处 |
[27:00] | Contact the case lead, see if he’ll send us more info. | 联系案子的负责人 看他能否提供更多信息 |
[27:06] | Lisa Dawn Porter | 丽萨·道恩·波特 |
[27:07] | disappeared after being dropped off at the driveway to her house. | 在自家车道下车后就失踪了 |
[27:10] | Her body was found in a wooded area, ten miles away. | 她的尸体在16公里外的林区被发现 |
[27:13] | Cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the head, | 死因被确认定是头部遭到钝器重击 |
[27:16] | probably from this rock. | 凶器很可能是这块石头 |
[27:17] | Marks indicate manual strangulation from behind. | 身上的痕迹显示她被人从身后扼颈 |
[27:20] | – She was a cheerleader? – Majorette. | -她生前是拉拉队长吗 -军乐队女领队 |
[27:23] | They march with the school band, twirl batons. | 她们与学校乐队一同游行 挥舞指挥棒 |
[27:25] | What else do we know about her? | 关于她我们还掌握到哪些信息 |
[27:26] | Habits? Personality? | 习惯 性格有吗 |
[27:28] | By all reports, she was a good girl. | 从所有报告来看 她是个好姑娘 |
[27:30] | No drugs, no alcohol, no boyfriends anyone knows of. | 不嗑药 不喝酒 没有男朋友 |
[27:33] | Autopsy indicates that she was a virgin before all this. | 尸检报告显示她在案发前还是个处女 |
[27:37] | Low-risk victim, low-risk setting. | 低风险的受害者和作案环境 |
[27:39] | Her clothes were disheveled, | 她衣着凌乱 |
[27:40] | there was no debris on them, no dirt, no leaves. | 上面没有碎屑 没有尘土 没有落叶 |
[27:42] | They think she was raped in a vehicle, but killed in the woods. | 他们认为她是在车内被强奸 随后被带到树林杀死 |
[27:45] | – Disheveled how? – The buttons were misaligned. | -有多凌乱 -扣子都系偏了 |
[27:47] | So she undressed, probably when the unsub raped her, | 所以嫌犯强奸她的时候 她可能脱了衣服 |
[27:49] | and then she got dressed again in a hurry. | 之后她又匆忙穿上了衣服 |
[27:52] | He either allowed her to do it or he encouraged it. | 要么是犯人允许她这么做 要么是鼓动她这么做 |
[27:57] | He put the coat over her face? | 他把外套盖在了她的头上吗 |
[27:58] | That’s how she was found. It was yellow. | 她就是因此被发现的 那件外套是黄色的 |
[28:00] | A young couple noticed it walking through the woods. | 一对情侣在树林里散步的时候发现了她 |
[28:02] | What do you think that means? | 你觉得这意味着什么 |
[28:06] | If he places it over her head, | 如果他把外套盖在她的头上 |
[28:07] | it’s like he’s covering up what he’s done. | 就好像他在掩饰自己的所作所为 |
[28:12] | – Maybe he’s ashamed? – Okay. | -或许是他感到羞愧吗 -好吧 |
[28:14] | That’s consistent with her getting dressed. | 那与她被强奸后穿上衣服相一致 |
[28:15] | He’s concerned for her. | 他关心她 |
[28:17] | In that way that child rapists can be concerned. | 那个儿童强奸犯自以为的关心而已 |
[28:20] | Let’s say there’s shame. What does that tell us about him? | 我们就当他感到羞愧 这能告诉我们什么 |
[28:23] | – This might be his first murder? – Good. | -这可能是他第一次犯案 -没错 |
[28:26] | – He’s young? – How young? | -他很年轻 -多年轻 |
[28:28] | Maybe another teenager? Someone that knew her? | 可能也是个青少年 某个认识她的人 |
[28:31] | Strangulation. | 扼颈 |
[28:32] | Even 12-year-olds rarely comply, takes real strength. | 即使是12岁的孩子也很难搞定 要花很大力气 |
[28:37] | – Mid to late 20s? – That’s where I’d put him. | -那嫌犯25到30岁左右吗 -我判断是这样 |
[28:39] | He intercepted her between the bus stop and her home | 他在公交站到家的这段路上截住了她 |
[28:41] | only a short distance away. | 就这么一小段距离 |
[28:42] | It’s possible he knew when she was coming home from school. | 只要犯人知道她回家的时间就有可能 |
[28:45] | The woods where she was found | 发现她尸体的那片树林 |
[28:46] | is a known make-out spot for locals, so… | 是当地人经常亲热的地方 所以… |
[28:50] | – he’s likely from the area. – Good. | -他很可能是本地人 -很好 |
[28:53] | – Maybe they knew each other? – Can’t assume that. | -或许他们互相认识 -不能直接推出这个 |
[28:54] | He could have threatened her at gun or knifepoint. | 他可能用枪或者刀胁迫了她 |
[28:56] | – Absolutely. – If he knew her schedule, | -没错 -如果犯人掌握了她的行程 |
[28:58] | then he probably planned the kidnapping, | 这次劫持很可能是他计划好的 |
[28:59] | which means he likely planned the rape. | 也就是说强奸也很可能是他计划好的 |
[29:01] | But did he plan the murder? | 但是杀人也是他计划好的吗 |
[29:04] | What does the crime scene tell us? | 从犯罪现场我们可以看出什么 |
[29:07] | He left the body in full view at the scene of the murder. | 他让尸体完全暴露在犯罪现场 |
[29:10] | – He left the murder weapon by the body. – And the yellow jacket? | -他把杀人凶器留在了尸体旁 -黄色外套呢 |
[29:14] | It’s the opposite of hiding her. | 看来他并不想隐藏她的尸体 |
[29:17] | All of this indicates a disorganized, spontaneous act. | 这一切都表明这是一次无组织的即兴杀人 |
[29:23] | He planned the rape, he didn’t plan the murder. | 他计划好强奸 但是没有打算杀人 |
[29:25] | – He might even feel bad about it. – Nice. | -他甚至可能感到内疚 -好样的 |
[29:28] | Thanks. So I should get back to them | 谢谢 所以我应该回复他们 |
[29:31] | and tell them what we’re thinking. | 把我们的想法告诉他们 |
[29:32] | Are they expecting to hear back? | 他们在等着你的回复吗 |
[29:34] | Yeah. This isn’t just an exercise, is it? | 是啊 这不只是演习 不是吗 |
[29:47] | School bus dropped her off right there. | 她在这下了校车 |
[29:50] | Eighty yards to the driveway, a hundred yards to the house? | 距离自家车道73米 距离房子约90米吧 |
[29:54] | Did she even make it to the driveway? | 你认为她走到自家车道上了吗 |
[29:56] | Well, her mother was home. | 她母亲当时在家 |
[29:59] | She didn’t see anything, hear anything. | 她什么都没看到 也没听到 |
[30:01] | So he probably picked her up on the road. | 所以他可能在路上劫持了她 |
[30:02] | We think someone was waiting for her, | 我们认为有人在蹲守她 |
[30:04] | knew when the bus would drop her off. | 知道她什么时候会下车 |
[30:05] | – Think she knew him? – Unclear. | -你们认为她认识犯人 -尚不清楚 |
[30:07] | You checked out family, friends? | 你们调查过家人和朋友吗 |
[30:09] | Looking into it. No red flags so far. | 正在调查 目前没什么发现 |
[30:12] | We’re sure there’s no boyfriend in the picture? | 你们确定她没有任何男朋友吗 |
[30:14] | All her girlfriends say no, even on the sly. | 她的所有女性朋友都说没有 偷偷摸摸的都没有 |
[30:17] | Was she popular? | 她很受欢迎吗 |
[30:19] | Family said she was… gregarious. | 家人说她非常 合群 |
[30:22] | – Majorette? – That’s right. | -军乐队女领队 -没错 |
[30:24] | The outfit is flashy. Shows off her legs. | 她的装扮很显眼 双腿一览无余 |
[30:26] | Might have been what caught his eye. | 犯人可能因此注意到她 |
[30:28] | Did she wear it to school? | 她上学的时候也这么穿吗 |
[30:29] | They found it in her backpack. | 他们在她的背包里找到了这件衣服 |
[30:31] | A stranger who knew her schedule. | 一个掌握她行程的陌生人 |
[30:34] | He must have been watching her. | 他一定持续关注着她 |
[30:37] | – Who would have reason to be out here? – This is farmland. | -谁会来这种地方 -这里是农田 |
[30:40] | Seasonal workers? | 季节工吗 |
[30:42] | Well, I can check. | 我可以查一下 |
[30:44] | The area where she was found, it was familiar to locals? | 她被发现的那个地方 当地人常去是吗 |
[30:47] | It’s known as a lovers’ lane. | 那里被称作情人小径 |
[30:50] | – Lovers’ lane? – Jesus. | -情人小径 -天啊 |
[30:52] | Could he have thought of it as a date? | 他有没有可能把这视为一次约会 |
[30:53] | He truly was not thinking ahead. | 他真的没有提前做好规划 |
[30:56] | We don’t believe the unsub planned the murder. | 我们不认为犯人提前计划好谋杀 |
[30:59] | He certainly didn’t try to cover it up. | 他完全没有想掩盖罪行 |
[31:01] | Like Gregg said, | 就像格雷格说的 |
[31:02] | if he knows about a lovers’ lane, he could be from the area. | 如果他知道情人小径 他很可能是当地人 |
[31:05] | And it might not be his first rape. | 可能这并不是他第一次强奸 |
[31:08] | See what records you’ve got | 查一下在弗洛伊德县 |
[31:09] | on young men in the Floyd and Bartow Counties. | 和巴托县有案底的年轻人 |
[31:12] | – Yep. – How often does this get done? | -好的 -这些多久修一次 |
[31:15] | The trees. | 这些树 |
[31:16] | They’ve been cleared around the power lines. | 电线附近的树枝都被砍掉了 |
[31:23] | Well, this is rural Georgia. | 这里是佐治亚州的乡村 |
[31:26] | Not very often. | 不会经常修剪 |
[31:27] | Well, those limbs are freshly cut. | 那些树干是最近才砍伤的 |
[31:30] | You think a service crew might have been out here? | 是不是有服务人员来过这里 |
[31:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:38] | I just got off a call with Floyd County. | 我刚刚和弗洛伊德县那边通了电话 |
[31:40] | They say they recently questioned | 他们说最近询问了一个 |
[31:41] | a guy about the rape of a 13-year-old girl. | 强奸了13岁女孩的犯人 |
[31:44] | He works for a tree-limbing service. | 他现在在一家修树公司工作 |
[31:46] | They say he spent a week on the Porter’s street. | 他们说他曾在波特家门前的路上工作了一周 |
[31:48] | Bingo. | 没错了 |
[31:49] | Name’s Darrell Gene Devier, 24 years old. | 他叫达里尔·吉恩·德维尔 今年24岁 |
[31:52] | High school dropout. | 高中辍学 |
[31:53] | Was in the army, went AWOL, discharged after seven months. | 之前入了伍 七个月后因为擅离职守被除名 |
[31:57] | – Couldn’t handle the military. – Disorganized. | -忍受不了军队生活 -无组织性 |
[31:59] | – Makes sense. – Single? Married? | -说得通 -单身还是已婚 |
[32:02] | Married and divorced twice. Living with his first ex-wife. | 两次婚姻都离了 现在和第一任前妻一同生活 |
[32:05] | Sexually and socially competent, if indecisive. | 至少说明他的性能力和社交能力没问题 |
[32:07] | Can’t get over the young girls. | 受不了年轻女孩的诱惑 |
[32:08] | Every afternoon, he watches Lisa get off the bus. | 每天下午 他看着丽萨下车 |
[32:11] | She’s got a sunny disposition, maybe she even talks to him. | 她性格开朗 也许还和他说过话 |
[32:14] | He sees her in her majorette outfit. | 他看她穿着一身女领队的服装 |
[32:16] | It makes her look a little older than 12, | 这让她看起来要比12岁大一些 |
[32:17] | and he’s able to justify his attraction to her, | 那让他觉得对她产生兴趣也是正常的 |
[32:20] | maybe even fantasize that she would enjoy having sex with him. | 甚至可能幻想她会享受和他做爱 |
[32:22] | But once he’s assaulted her, she is terrified, | 但是当他性侵她的时候 她吓坏了 |
[32:25] | she’s in pain, she’s crying. | 她很疼 她一直哭 |
[32:26] | Not fun. The fantasy’s over. | 乐趣消失了 幻想破灭了 |
[32:28] | He realizes, to get away with it, he has to kill her. | 他意识到 想要脱身 必须杀了她 |
[32:31] | Has her get dressed, he’ll let her go. | 他让她穿好衣服 让她离开 |
[32:33] | When she turns around, he strangles her. | 当她转过身后 他勒住了她 |
[32:35] | But it’s harder than he thought, he can’t finish. | 但这比他想象的难得多 他没能得手 |
[32:36] | So he picks up a rock. | 所以他拿起一块石头 |
[32:38] | After, perhaps shocked at what he’s done or ashamed, | 之后 可能对自己的行为感到震惊或羞愧 |
[32:41] | he puts the coat over her head. | 他把外套盖在了她的头上 |
[32:42] | We’re getting a warrant to search his car. | 我们正在申请对他汽车的搜查令 |
[32:44] | – We’ll bring him for a lie detector test. – Not recommended. | -我们会对他进行测谎 -不建议这么做 |
[32:47] | The outcome of the polygraph | 测谎仪的结果 |
[32:48] | can depend on the quality of the questions. | 取决于问题的质量 |
[32:50] | We use it all the time. It’s standard procedure. | 我们一直这么做 这是标准流程 |
[32:52] | If he’s a sociopath, he doesn’t register emotions the way we do. | 如果他是反社会者 他处理情绪的方式会和常人不同 |
[32:55] | Wait, you said he might be ashamed for what he’s done. | 等等 你之前说他可能对自己的行为感到羞愧 |
[32:59] | Now, how’s that square with a sociopath? | 现在怎么又变成反社会人格了 |
[33:01] | Murdering a little girl? | 杀害了一个小女孩 |
[33:03] | He had the confidence to take a human life. | 他有自信夺取一个人的性命 |
[33:05] | If he beats the polygraph, he’ll think he’s Superman. | 如果他能打败测谎仪 他会认为自己是超人 |
[33:11] | Thanks for coming up. | 感谢前来 |
[33:12] | It’s always a pleasure to see daylight. What’s the bad news? | 见见阳光总是好的 坏消息是什么 |
[33:16] | We have a branch of the Department of Justice | 我们的司法部有一个分支 |
[33:17] | called the Office of Professional Responsibility. | 叫做职责调查部 |
[33:20] | That sounds very bad. | 听起来很可怕 |
[33:21] | They look into allegations of official misconduct. | 他们负责对失职指控进行调查 |
[33:23] | Usually there’s nothing to it, | 一般也查不出来什么 |
[33:24] | but they can make your life difficult. | 但他们可能会让你十分煎熬 |
[33:26] | They are considering | 他们正打算 |
[33:27] | investigating the unit for a civil rights violation. | 以侵犯公民权利为由对你的部门进行调查 |
[33:29] | Is this about Brudos? | 是因为布鲁多斯吗 |
[33:32] | This is about Richard Speck. | 是理查德·斯派克 |
[33:34] | He was jumped by a couple inmates | 在坦奇探员和福特探员 |
[33:35] | after the interview conducted by Agents Tench and Ford. | 和他谈话之后 他被几名犯人殴打 |
[33:38] | Claimed they made a public show of his meeting with the FBI, | 声称他们大肆张扬自己和联调局人员的会面 |
[33:42] | didn’t respect his safety. | 没有考虑他的个人安全 |
[33:43] | How the agents interact with | 探员们如何与监狱管理部门沟通 |
[33:45] | the prison administration is not my purview. | 不在我的权限管理范围内 |
[33:47] | Understood. That’s not really the charge I’m worried about. | 我明白 我真正担心的不是这项指控 |
[33:49] | Speck also wants to cite Agent Ford for “fucking with his head.” | 斯派克还想控诉福特探员”搅乱了他的大脑” |
[33:54] | Anything specific? | 有具体细节吗 |
[33:55] | No, but we have all suffered Agent Ford’s head fucking. | 没有 但我们都领教过福特探员搅乱人大脑的本事 |
[33:58] | – Indeed. – So it has an ominous ring of truth. | -确实 -所以那很可能是事实 |
[34:01] | What is the format for evaluating the subjects? | 评估受访对象的方式是怎样的 |
[34:04] | There is a short script and a questionnaire, | 有个短脚本和问卷 |
[34:06] | but the agents don’t always adhere to it. | 但探员们有时不会完全遵照行事 |
[34:08] | Why did you mention Brudos? | 你刚刚为什么提到布鲁多斯 |
[34:10] | During his interview, Brudos was obfuscating, | 在面谈时 布鲁多斯故意迷惑我们 |
[34:13] | so the agents brought in a woman’s shoe | 于是探员们带去了一只女鞋 |
[34:16] | to elicit a response. | 逼他做出反应 |
[34:19] | Was that part of the script? | 那也是脚本设定好的吗 |
[34:21] | If I were being polite, I’d call it bad improvisation. | 礼貌点说 那叫失败的临场发挥 |
[34:24] | I’m asking all of this because no one’s crying for Richard Speck. | 我问这些是因为 没人为理查德·斯派克哭泣 |
[34:28] | He can file a complaint and they are required to look into it. | 他可以投诉 他们必须调查 |
[34:31] | But these internal affairs types | 但这些内政部的人 |
[34:33] | justify their existence by finding dirt, | 就是通过查出黑料来证明存在感 |
[34:35] | and I want to make sure there’s nothing here. | 我想确保我们没有留下任何黑料 |
[34:37] | – Nothing that I can think of. – Good. | -据我所知没有 -很好 |
[34:38] | Tell the boys that the OPR | 告诉他俩 职责调查部的人 |
[34:39] | would like to see them at their earliest convenience. | 希望能尽快与他们见面 |
[34:42] | They should take all their materials, everything Speck-related. | 他们要带上所有跟斯派克相关的材料 |
[34:45] | You know, I don’t want to be their boss. | 其实 我可不想当他们的老大 |
[34:48] | I’ll be the boss. You be the messenger. | 我来当老大 你当信使就好 |
[34:52] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:00] | Fucking Richard Speck filed a complaint? That piece of shit. | 该死的理查德·斯派克竟然投诉了 那个烂人 |
[35:03] | We violated his rights. | 我们侵犯了他的权利 |
[35:04] | Those morons at Joliet didn’t do a thing I asked. | 乔利埃特监狱的那些蠢货完全没照我说的做 |
[35:07] | Okay, so tell the OPR that. | 那就告诉职责调查部的人 |
[35:08] | It sounds like it is just a formality. | 听上去只是走个形式而已 |
[35:10] | It’s a pain in the ass. | 真是找麻烦 |
[35:11] | It shows they’re interested in us. | 那显示他们对我们很感兴趣 |
[35:13] | Take everything that you’ve got on Speck. | 把你们手中关于斯派克的材料全带上 |
[35:14] | – Like what? – Like the file, the tape, transcript. | -比如呢 -档案 磁带 转录文本 |
[35:20] | You’re coming with us. | 你要跟我们一起去 |
[35:33] | The transcript is fine. | 文本没问题 |
[36:31] | Please state your names. | 请说出你们的姓名 |
[36:33] | Special Agent William Tench. | 特别探员威廉·坦奇 |
[36:34] | Special Agent Holden Ford. | 特别探员霍顿·福特 |
[36:36] | Special Agent Gregg Smith. | 特别探员格雷格·史密斯 |
[36:39] | In what capacity do you serve the Federal Bureau of Investigation? | 你们在联邦调查局做些什么工作 |
[36:43] | For the record. | 用于记录 |
[36:44] | We’re in the Behavioral Science Unit. | 我们是行为科学部的 |
[36:46] | How would you summarize what you do? | 请总结一下你们的工作内容 |
[36:48] | – Research. – Could you be more specific? | -研究 -能说得更具体点吗 |
[36:51] | We’re engaged in a study | 我们主要参与到 |
[36:52] | funded by the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration | 执法协助管理局和国家司法研究所 |
[36:55] | and the National Institute of Justice | 所资助的研究中 |
[36:57] | to interview criminals convicted of violent crimes, | 约谈暴力犯罪的定罪犯 |
[36:59] | classify their behavior, | 将他们的行为进行分类 |
[37:00] | and create a profiling manual for domestic law enforcement. | 为国内执法机构创建侧写手册 |
[37:05] | You’re here because we have complaints filed against the Bureau | 今天找你们过来是因为伊利诺伊州惩教署 |
[37:08] | by the Illinois Department of Corrections on behalf of an inmate | 代表一名囚犯对联调局提出了投诉 |
[37:10] | who claims you knowingly put him in danger with your visitation. | 这名囚犯声称你们的探视故意让他陷入危险 |
[37:13] | – Richard Speck. – That’s right. | -理查德·斯派克 -没错 |
[37:15] | If I may, we made arrangements | 请容我说一句 我们做了些安排 |
[37:17] | that we felt would guarantee his safety. | 认为那会确保他的安全 |
[37:19] | When we arrived, | 我们到达时 |
[37:20] | the deputy warden took it upon himself to ignore all of them. | 副典狱长擅自无视了那些安排 |
[37:23] | – Were these verbal arrangements, written? – Written. | -是口头上还是书面上的安排 -书面上的 |
[37:26] | I have their faxed agreement to our terms. | 我这里有份他们同意我方安排的传真 |
[37:29] | Agent Ford, you’re directly named in the complaint. | 福特探员 投诉中直接提到了你的名字 |
[37:33] | The inmate said you, quote, “Fucked with his head,” | 我引用下那名囚犯的说法”搅乱了他的大脑” |
[37:37] | unquote. | 引用结束 |
[37:38] | I’m sure the nature of my questioning | 我相信我问的那些问题 |
[37:39] | brought back uncomfortable memories. | 的确勾起了他一些不愉快的回忆 |
[37:42] | – You asked him about… – The night he killed eight women. | -你问的是… -他杀害八名女性当夜的事 |
[37:45] | His sexual performance. Stuff like that. | 他的性能力 诸如此类的东西 |
[37:47] | Are these questions prepared in advance? | 那些问题是提前准备好的吗 |
[37:49] | We work from this. | 我们根据这个来做的 |
[37:51] | But every subject is different. | 但每个调查对象都是不同的 |
[37:52] | We usually have to improvise. | 我们通常都需要临场发挥 |
[37:54] | With Speck, I applied a slightly aggressive interview style, | 对于斯派克 我采用了略微激进的谈话风格 |
[37:58] | tried to speak his language. | 试图用他的方式跟他沟通 |
[37:59] | Speak his language? | 用他的方式跟他沟通 |
[38:01] | Get into his rhythm. | 融入到他的节奏中 |
[38:02] | I’m assuming you have a record of the interview. | 我猜你一定有谈话记录吧 |
[38:04] | We have a transcript. | 我们有转录文本 |
[38:07] | Gregg? | 格雷格 |
[38:16] | – Where did this come from? – Tape of the interview. | -这东西是从哪里来的 -谈话磁带 |
[38:18] | Tape? You have the tape? | 磁带 你们有磁带吗 |
[38:20] | We reuse our tapes. | 我们会将磁带重复使用 |
[38:23] | I’m afraid that we erased that interview. | 恐怕那段谈话现在已经被抹掉了 |
[38:27] | You erased the interview? | 你们把谈话抹掉了 |
[38:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:32] | We recommend you do not do that in the future. | 我们建议你们以后别再这么做了 |
[38:36] | No, sir. | 是 长官 |
[38:37] | I’m assuming your funding | 我猜你们的资金 |
[38:38] | would cover the purchase and archiving of audio tapes. | 应该足以支付采购和归档磁带的费用 |
[38:41] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[38:43] | Are there other materials you have to share with us? | 有什么其他材料要给我们看的吗 |
[38:46] | These are the pre- and post-interview notes on the inmate. | 这些是针对该囚犯所做的面谈前后的笔记 |
[38:50] | Should be everything. | 应该就这些了 |
[38:51] | Gentlemen, we’ll review these | 先生们 我们会审查一遍这些材料 |
[38:53] | and keep you updated on our findings. | 并及时将发现的结果告知你们 |
[38:54] | What we expect from you during this process, | 在此期间 我们最希望你们做到的 |
[38:56] | more than anything, is candor. | 就是正直坦诚 |
[39:06] | Richard Speck, what a shit stain, huh? | 理查德·斯派克 真是个人渣 |
[39:11] | Read to the end. | 务必看到结尾 |
[39:12] | We should have kept the tape just for that. | 我们就该为了这个留下磁带 |
[39:16] | – Fascinating. – Thanks, guys. | -太棒了 -谢谢各位 |
[39:22] | I’m soaking. I sweat right through my shirt. | 我浑身都湿透了 我的汗浸湿了衬衫 |
[39:24] | – I noticed. – I’m not good at this. | -我注意到了 -我不擅长应对这种事 |
[39:27] | It’s over, you did fine. | 已经结束了 你表现得挺好 |
[39:30] | What should we do with the tape? Destroy it? | 那怎么处理那盘磁带 毁掉吗 |
[39:33] | Probably. Where is it? | 可能吧 在哪儿 |
[39:35] | – In my desk. – Just give it to me. | -我办公桌里 -给我吧 |
[39:38] | This whole thing makes me nervous. | 这整件事都让我很紧张 |
[39:40] | You said that, Gregg. | 你已经说过了 格雷格 |
[39:41] | It’s a prison interview, not Watergate. | 只是段监狱谈话而已 又不是水门事件录音 |
[39:51] | – What’s going on? – Maybe you can tell us that. | -怎么回事 -或许你们可以告诉我们 |
[39:57] | Holden, would you care to do the honors? | 霍顿 你来说吧 |
[40:02] | What did you tell the Office of Professional Responsibility? | 你们对职责调查部的人说了些什么 |
[40:04] | Nothing. There was nothing there. | 什么都没说 根本没有任何证据 |
[40:07] | We gave them a transcript, that’s all. | 我们给了他们一份转录文本 仅此而已 |
[40:09] | So you’re in on this, too? | 所以你也参与了这事 |
[40:12] | Well, Agent Ford approached me… | 福特探员找到我… |
[40:13] | Do not say, “Holden made me do it.” | 别说”是霍顿逼我干的” |
[40:15] | Sorry, I apologize. | 对不起 我道歉 |
[40:17] | I don’t even know where to begin. Wendy? | 我都不知道该从何说起了 温迪 |
[40:19] | “Eight ripe cunts”? | “八个淫娃荡妇” |
[40:20] | Sure, let’s start there. | 很好 就从这里开始说起 |
[40:21] | Jesus, not this again. | 天啊 别又来一遍啊 |
[40:23] | Did you have Gregg redact it? | 你叫格雷格修改掉了吗 |
[40:26] | So you must have known it was sensitive. | 那你肯定知道这个表述很敏感 |
[40:27] | Sensitive for some people. | 对某些人来说很敏感而已 |
[40:29] | – Meaning me. – I don’t like it either. | -你是指我 -我也不喜欢 |
[40:30] | We can’t like everything we do. | 我们没办法喜欢我们所做的每件事 |
[40:32] | We’re talking to serial killers. | 我们是在跟连环杀手对话 |
[40:34] | – “Serial killers”? – New terminology. | -“连环杀手” -那是新术语 |
[40:37] | So you’re gonna say and do whatever you want. | 所以你以后会随性所欲地说话 做事 |
[40:39] | Never mind that we are answerable to the LEAA and the NIJ. | 丝毫不在意我们要听命于执管局和司研所 |
[40:43] | This study is funded with Congressional dollars, taxpayer money, | 我们的研究用的是国会拨款 纳税人的钱 |
[40:47] | which means your interviews are public record. | 那意味着你们的谈话是公共记录 |
[40:48] | I would’ve left it as is. | 我本来也想留下原本的 |
[40:50] | I really don’t have a problem with this being public. | 那些材料公开 我真的没意见 |
[40:52] | All of us have to go along | 我们所有人就只能顺应 |
[40:53] | with whatever you consider to be appropriate? | 你觉得合适的做词吗 |
[40:55] | We’ve never discussed what’s appropriate. | 我们从没讨论过什么合适什么不合适 |
[40:57] | – Of course we have. – We haven’t made decisions. | -当然有过 -我们还没做决定 |
[40:59] | There’s no procedural rule book for how to talk to these people. | 对于如何与那些人谈话 没有一个程序规则手册 |
[41:01] | We spent a month drawing up that questionnaire. | 我们花了一个月时间起草那份问卷 |
[41:03] | It is a framework for substantive input. | 那是关键信息的框架 |
[41:05] | – It doesn’t always work. – You haven’t let it work. | -那并非总是管用 -你根本没执行它 |
[41:08] | You’re so impatient, | 你毫无耐心 |
[41:09] | you weren’t in there three minutes with Speck | 你跟斯派克才聊了不到三分钟 |
[41:10] | before you got him going with the cunt speak. | 就用污言秽语引导他开口 |
[41:12] | That’s when he admitted to raping only one of the women. | 然后他就承认他只强奸了其中一名女性 |
[41:15] | You want truffles, you gotta get in the dirt with the pigs. | 你想要松露 就必须跟猪一起在泥地里抢 |
[41:17] | No, we don’t. | 不 我们不那么做 |
[41:19] | We are the FBI. | 我们是联邦调查局 |
[41:21] | Look at that board. | 看看那块白板 |
[41:24] | Look at our work. | 看看我们的工作 |
[41:26] | Because of that, Bill and I were able | 因为那个 比尔和我上周得以 |
[41:28] | to identify a murderer last week in Georgia. | 在佐治亚州识别出了一名杀人犯 |
[41:30] | This is no longer a theoretical exercise. | 这已经不是理论研究了 |
[41:33] | That board is mostly the result of background research, | 那块白板大部分是背景调查的结果 |
[41:35] | not priceless gems you seem to think you’re mining. | 并不是你所认为的你正挖掘的宝藏 |
[41:37] | It all goes together, Wendy. | 一切都能联系起来 |
[41:39] | Everything we do informs the bigger picture. | 我们所做的一切 都帮助勾画了更大的局面 |
[41:41] | That’s right, and if our tactics blow back on us, | 没错 如果我们的战术反过来坑了我们 |
[41:43] | then the whole thing could be jeopardized. | 那整件事都可能被毁掉 |
[41:45] | We have at least 40 convicts to interview, | 我们要约谈至少40名罪犯 |
[41:47] | the data will aggregate… | 数据将达到… |
[41:47] | There is no need to wait that long. | 没必要等那么久 |
[41:49] | What happened in that meeting? | 刚刚的会议上发生了什么 |
[41:53] | I lied. I outright lied to the OPR. | 我撒谎了 我公然对职责调查部的人撒谎了 |
[41:56] | What did you say? | 你说了些什么 |
[41:57] | That I erased the Speck tape. | 我说我把斯派克的采访磁带抹掉了 |
[41:59] | – You gave them the redacted transcript? – Yes. | -你把修改过的转录文本给他们了吗 -是的 |
[42:03] | They don’t know about the “ripe cunts.” | 他们不知道”淫娃荡妇”这词的存在是吗 |
[42:06] | They don’t care. | 他们根本不在乎 |
[42:07] | So we’re all in on a little cover-up here. | 所以我们每个人都略微参与掩盖了这件事 |
[42:09] | I can’t be part of a cover-up. | 我不能帮忙掩盖这种事 |
[42:11] | – You told them there was no tape. – Well, I was, um… | -是你告诉他们没有磁带的 -我… |
[42:15] | I don’t do deceit very well. | 我不擅长撒谎 |
[42:16] | There is no way they will know about the tape | 他们不可能知道那盘磁带的存在 |
[42:19] | unless we tell them. We just don’t say a thing. | 除非我们告诉他们 我们只要守口如瓶就行了 |
[42:21] | I disagree. We turn the tape over and be completely transparent. | 我不同意 我们应该把磁带交上去 坦白一切 |
[42:24] | If we’re caught in a lie, it’ll be very bad. | 如果我们的谎言败露 后果会很严重 |
[42:26] | – I’m okay with it. – I started this thing. | -我可以接受 -事情是我引起的 |
[42:32] | It is not too late to go back to the OPR. | 现在去找职责调查部的人还不晚 |
[42:34] | – And tell them what? – The truth. | -然后告诉他们什么 -真相 |
[42:36] | Easy for you to say, Wendy, you’re a consultant. | 你说这话倒是容易 温迪 毕竟你是顾问 |
[42:38] | If they open an investigation, which they will… | 如果他们展开调查 当然他们肯定会的… |
[42:40] | Leave it. | 别说了 |
[42:42] | Burn the fucking tape. | 把那盘磁带烧了 |
[42:45] | They don’t give a shit about Speck. Nobody does. | 他们根本不在乎斯派克 没人在乎 |
[42:49] | This can die right here. | 这件事可以到此为止 |
[43:00] | We are not going to turn in the tape. | 我们不能把磁带交上去 |
[43:02] | We’re not going to speak about this anymore. | 我们以后都不要再提起这事了 |
[43:04] | We will protect the unit. | 我们要保护这整个部门 |
[43:06] | But something is wrong here. | 但这里存在严重的问题 |
[43:10] | In my entire professional life, I’ve never been put in a position | 在我整个职业生涯中 我从未经历过 |
[43:13] | of having to withhold information from the Bureau, | 要对局里隐瞒信息的处境 |
[43:15] | and I resent it. | 我憎恶这种事 |
[43:18] | Moving forward, establish clear guidelines | 以后 对于这种面谈中的行为 |
[43:21] | for the behavior in these interviews, | 我们要设立清晰的指导原则 |
[43:22] | and you will adhere to them. | 你们都必须遵守 |
[43:25] | I never want to listen to a tape | 我再也不想听到某盘磁带里 |
[43:26] | where I can’t tell the difference | 我的探员说话 |
[43:27] | between my agent and some incarcerated lowlife. | 跟某个被关押的人渣说话没有区别 |