时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | How ya doin’, Bobby Taylor? | 你好吗 鲍比・泰勒 |
[00:08] | If I ever turned you down seven times for lewd proposals, | 如果我曾七次拒绝过你下流的提议 |
[00:12] | I haven’t turned you down once. | 我从来没拒绝过你 |
[00:13] | 堪萨斯州 帕克城 | |
[00:14] | If I were you, Holly, | 霍莉 如果我是你 |
[00:15] | I’d have taken this man in and had him neutered! | 我会把这个男人抓起来阉了 |
[00:21] | Oh, and, Holly, honey… | 霍莉 亲爱的 |
[00:22] | – Night. – Thank you. | -晚安 -谢谢 |
[00:24] | Or Max’s Liquor Store is gonna come and take your home | 否则麦克斯酒类商店会因为酒水账单 |
[00:26] | for the booze bill. | 把你的家夺走 |
[00:28] | And Mr. Kirby Baker, | 还有柯比・贝克先生 |
[00:31] | our fine real estate executive. | 我们优秀的房产经理人 |
[00:34] | Baker Realty. | 贝克房产 |
[00:36] | Honesty. | 诚信 |
[00:38] | Honesty since 1938. | 自1938年至今诚信不倒 |
[00:43] | Your secretary, | 你的秘书 |
[00:45] | poor little Gladys Wilmett, | 可怜的小葛莱蒂丝・威密特 |
[00:47] | she had to leave town awful sudden. | 她不得不突然出城 |
[00:49] | Had to see a special kind of doctor in Cincinnati. | 去辛辛那提见一位特别的医生 |
[00:53] | 《性异常的治疗手段》 库珀・奥普林斯基医学博士著 | |
[00:54] | I know, I know the nights are just so warm | 我知道 我知道夜晚太闷热 |
[00:57] | that poor Willie May just had to leave her shades open an inch. | 可怜的威莉・梅不得不把窗户开了一条缝 |
[02:18] | 心 理 神 探 | |
[02:44] | 堪萨斯州 威奇托 | |
[02:46] | 世界航空之都 | |
[02:57] | Detective Drowatzky? | 德罗瓦茨基警探 |
[02:59] | Bill Tench. | 比尔・坦奇 |
[03:00] | Bernie. My kids say I look like a cop. | 叫我伯尼 我孩子说我的打扮一看就是警察 |
[03:04] | Don’t we all? | 我们不都是这样吗 |
[03:06] | I’m this way. | 这边走 |
[03:07] | Where do you stand on active leads? | 根据目前有用线索 你有目标吗 |
[03:09] | Nobody. | 没有 |
[03:11] | Or everybody. | 或者说谁都有可能 |
[03:13] | But every time we get a letter, we get a new detail. | 但每次我们收到一封信 都得到一个新细节 |
[03:16] | Right now, we’re tryin’ to trace the Xerox machine he uses | 现在 我们正试图通过纸边的落款标记 |
[03:18] | by signature marks on the paper edge and… ink diffusion. | 和油墨扩散来追踪他用的打印机 |
[03:23] | Sophisticated work. | 相当复杂的工作 |
[03:24] | I got 20-year street cops | 我手下那些有20年警龄的巡警 |
[03:26] | who know more about toner than the copy guy. | 比复印店员工更了解墨粉 |
[03:29] | Could be us spinning our wheels again. | 可能又是白费工夫 |
[03:30] | When we get to the station, you can see the letters. | 等我们到警局 你可以看看那些信 |
[03:33] | Any of the crime scenes accessible? | 可以去其中某个犯罪现场吗 |
[03:34] | All of ’em. They’re still vacant. | 都可以 它们都还空着 |
[03:37] | But we’ve combed through them pretty good over the years. | 但我们这些年已经很仔细地搜寻过了 |
[03:39] | It really helps to put the photos in context. | 如果能勘查现场会很有帮助 |
[03:42] | If you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 |
[03:44] | Might as well start at the beginning. Otero. | 索性就从第一起案子开始 奥特罗 |
[03:49] | Bit of a drive. | 要开上好一段路 |
[03:50] | I hope you don’t mind a little Willie Nelson. | 希望你不介意听听威利・纳尔逊 |
[03:50] | 美国乡村音乐传奇人物 | |
[03:53] | Not at all. | 完全不会 |
[04:12] | 803 North Edgemoor. | 北埃奇摩尔街803号 |
[04:14] | The Otero house. | 奥特罗家 |
[04:16] | January 1974. They’d just moved in two months prior. | 1974年1月 他们当时才搬进来两个月 |
[04:22] | It was a school day. | 那天是上学日 |
[04:23] | Neighbors were comin’ and goin’ all morning. | 整个早上邻居们都在来来回回 |
[04:26] | One of ’em even saw | 其中一个甚至看见了 |
[04:27] | BTK drive off in the family car afterwards. | BTK作案后开着这家的车跑了 |
[04:35] | Women around here come home, | 现在这附近的女人回到家里 |
[04:37] | first thing they do is check the phone still works… | 第一件事还是检查电话是否正常 |
[04:39] | five years later. | 即使已经过去五年了 |
[04:56] | We think he came in here. | 我们认为他是从这里进来的 |
[04:58] | The two kids making their lunches. | 当时两个孩子正在准备午饭 |
[05:00] | The older three had already gone to school. | 年长些的三个孩子已经去上学了 |
[05:04] | They had five kids in this house? | 他们这里住了五个小孩吗 |
[05:07] | Retired military. | 退役军人 |
[05:08] | Used to base housing. | 朴素惯了 |
[05:14] | No forced entry. | 没有强行闯入迹象 |
[05:16] | The dog was in the yard when we got here. | 我们到的时候狗在院子里 |
[05:18] | It makes no sense to come into a house | 进入一栋有成年男性和狗的房子 |
[05:19] | with an adult male and a dog. | 完全说不通 |
[05:21] | Nothing makes sense. | 没什么是说得通的 |
[05:22] | He took the money out of Mr. Otero’s wallet, | 他拿走了奥特罗先生钱包里的钱 |
[05:24] | emptied her purse, | 搜刮了女主人的包 |
[05:25] | and stole Mr. Otero’s aviator’s watch. | 偷走了奥特罗先生的飞行员手表 |
[05:28] | But clearly, robbery was not his motive. | 但很明显 抢劫不是他的动机 |
[05:29] | – And the driver’s licenses were missing. – Yeah. | -驾驶证也都丢失了 -是的 |
[05:32] | He was taking souvenirs. | 他是在拿纪念品 |
[05:35] | And he already knew what he wanted on his very first kill. | 他第一次杀人时已经知道自己想要什么 |
[05:54] | So the dad would’ve been about here, tied to the foot of the bed. | 所以这家的爸爸当时在这里 被绑在床脚 |
[05:57] | Police report said he was suffocated | 警方报告说他是被一个塑料袋 |
[05:59] | with a plastic bag and a T-shirt? | 和一件T恤闷死的 |
[06:01] | Later, we found there was a hole in it. | 后来我们在袋子上发现了一个洞 |
[06:02] | Mr. Otero managed to rip it with his teeth. | 奥特罗先生用牙撕开了袋子 |
[06:05] | The killer took the plastic bag off, | 杀手取下了塑料袋 |
[06:07] | put the T-shirt on over his head so he couldn’t tear it again, | 把T恤绑在了他头上 这样他就没法再咬了 |
[06:09] | and then put the bag back on. | 然后把袋子套了回去 |
[06:12] | Agonizing. | 相当痛苦 |
[06:15] | And Mrs. Otero was on the bed. | 奥特罗太太当时在床上 |
[06:18] | She had double ligature marks. | 她脖子有两道勒痕 |
[06:20] | Must have come to, so he had to do it again. | 肯定是她醒了 所以他必须得再来一次 |
[06:22] | We think that since it was his first try, he botched it. | 我们认为这是他第一次杀人 所以手法拙劣 |
[06:26] | The kids must’ve been in here. | 孩子们肯定就在这里 |
[06:30] | They had to have seen everything. | 他们被迫目睹了一切 |
[06:43] | We found the youngest boy on the floor, | 我们在地板上发现了最小的儿子 |
[06:46] | suffocated. | 窒息而死 |
[06:47] | Two T-shirts and a bag. | 两件T恤和一个袋子 |
[06:49] | So, the killer learned, took no chances. | 所以杀手学到了要万无一失 |
[06:52] | He would’ve brought the little girl in here too. | 他本来也会把小女儿带到这里 |
[06:54] | Couldn’t leave her alone. | 不可能放着她不管 |
[06:55] | There was a chair here with deep carpet indentations. | 这里有把椅子 在地毯上留下了很深的凹陷 |
[06:59] | We think he sat to watch the boy die. | 我们认为他坐在这看着小儿子死去 |
[07:02] | That would have taken…? | 这需要多久 |
[07:03] | Between four and six minutes. | 四到六分钟 |
[07:21] | My partner and I were first on the scene. | 我和我搭档最先到达现场 |
[07:23] | It was completely dark down here. | 当时这里完全黑暗 |
[07:26] | He was feeling for a light when something bumped him. | 他摸索灯的开关时撞到了什么 |
[07:30] | That’s when we found the little girl… | 就是在那时我们发现了小女儿 |
[07:32] | hanging from this pipe. | 吊在管子上 |
[07:43] | Oh, Jesus. | 天呐 |
[07:50] | What happened to the older Otero kids? | 奥特罗家那几个年长的孩子怎么样了 |
[07:52] | Any chance I could talk to them? | 我能跟他们谈谈吗 |
[07:53] | Relatives in Albuquerque came and got ’em. | 住在阿尔伯克基的亲戚来把他们接走了 |
[07:55] | They won’t let the kids relive any part of it. | 他们肯定不会让孩子们再回忆这件事 |
[07:57] | They were the ones who found the bodies. | 尸体就是孩子们发现的 |
[07:59] | Cut the ropes from their parents’ necks, | 他们把父母脖子上的绳子割断了 |
[08:01] | tryin’ to save ’em. | 想救他们 |
[08:03] | They call now and again. | 他们还时不时打电话来 |
[08:05] | Five years later… | 五年过去了… |
[08:07] | I got nothin’. | 我还是毫无进展 |
[08:10] | We kept thinkin’ we’d catch him… | 我们一直觉得能将他逮捕归案 |
[08:12] | just around the corner. | 指日可待 |
[08:13] | That first week after Otero, not one of us went home. | 在奥特罗案发生后的一周里 我们谁都没回家 |
[08:16] | We turned over every parolee, every sex offender. | 我们排查了每一个假释犯 性罪犯 |
[08:18] | My partner and I even stayed over the first three nights. | 我和我搭档甚至头三晚都在那里过夜 |
[08:20] | In the house? | 待在那栋房子里吗 |
[08:21] | Hoping the killer would come back. | 希望凶手会回到案发现场 |
[08:23] | – See anything? – Nothin’. | -有什么发现吗 -没有 |
[08:24] | A month later, we stayed the night in there again. | 一个月之后 我们又在那儿待了一晚 |
[08:27] | With a psychic. | 和一个灵媒一起 |
[08:28] | 以色列特异功能者 | |
[08:28] | You consulted Uri Geller before the FBI? | 你们在咨询联调局之前先咨询了尤里・盖勒吗 |
[08:31] | We were graspin’ at anything. | 我们也是死马当活马医 |
[08:33] | That poor guy got so freaked out. | 那个可怜的家伙特别害怕 |
[08:35] | He was gone the second the sun came up. | 天一亮他就跑了 |
[08:39] | So, is that true? | 所以 那是真的吗 |
[08:40] | Do these guys return to the scene of the crime? | 这些凶手会回到犯罪现场 |
[08:42] | We were just going on what we’d always heard. | 我们也只是照着前辈的经验来做 |
[08:43] | Old detective stories. | 那些老警探的故事 |
[08:44] | The psychopath feels guilty or somethin’. | 精神病患会愧疚之类的 |
[08:46] | Ed Kemper, the Coed Killer… | 艾德・坎伯 那个女学生杀手 |
[08:48] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[08:50] | He told us he went back. But not out of anything like guilt. | 他跟我们说他回过现场 但跟愧疚毫无关系 |
[08:55] | He considered those places somehow sacred, | 他觉得那些地方是神圣的 |
[08:57] | if you can imagine that. | 如果你能理解他的想法的话 |
[08:59] | Truthfully, we haven’t been asking that question, | 说实话 我们没问过这个问题 |
[09:00] | but we probably should. | 但我们也许该问 |
[09:03] | Tell me about his letters. They were all sent to the press? | 跟我说说他的信 都寄给媒体吗 |
[09:05] | Cops actually got spooked. | 警察其实都吓到了 |
[09:07] | We wondered: did he know who was workin’ the case? | 我们在想 他是不是知道谁在查这个案子 |
[09:09] | Would he come after us? Our wives? | 他会不会来杀我们 杀我们的妻子 |
[09:10] | I had this one sergeant. Ten-year guy, tough. | 我认识一位警长 十年警龄 特别强悍 |
[09:13] | Slept on his sofa with a shotgun for a year. | 抱着猎枪在沙发上睡了一年 |
[09:16] | Finally, he and his wife relocated. | 最后 他和他妻子搬家了 |
[09:18] | We’ve lost a lot of the original task force over the years. | 这些年来 许多当初调查这个案子的人都走了 |
[09:20] | – I bet. – It’s hard on guys. | -我猜也是 -太难以承受了 |
[09:22] | What about the lady he missed? Could I speak with her? | 那位躲过一劫的女士呢 我能跟她谈谈吗 |
[09:24] | Anna? She moved the next day. | 安娜吗 她第二天就搬家了 |
[09:27] | Left everything behind. | 什么都没带走 |
[09:29] | – Furniture, everything. – He’s clearing out the town. | -家具 所有的一切 -他把这镇上的人都吓走了 |
[09:31] | He’s got the whole city twitchin’ like prey. | 他让整个城市像猎物一样瑟瑟发抖 |
[09:34] | Kathy Bright’s brother, | 凯瑟・布莱特的哥哥 |
[09:34] | – he’s still around. – He’s around. | -他还在这里 -是的 |
[09:36] | We think that’s why BTK never named her as a victim. | 这应该是BTK列举受害者时没说出她名字的原因 |
[09:39] | He knew he left a witness. | 他知道他留下了一个目击者 |
[09:40] | If he hadn’t claimed seven, we would never have connected her. | 如果他没宣称杀了七个人 我们绝不会联想到她 |
[09:43] | MO’s wrong. She was stabbed, Kevin was shot. | 作案手法不对 她被捅死 凯文遭枪击 |
[09:46] | But the son of a bitch wants credit for every single one. | 但那个混蛋想把每次作案的功劳都归于自己 |
[09:48] | I’d like to talk to Kevin. | 我想找凯文谈谈 |
[09:51] | He took three bullets in the face. | 他脸上中了三枪 |
[09:52] | – Spent a year in the hospital. – Is he… reliable? | -在医院住了一年 -他…可信吗 |
[09:57] | He’s all we got. | 我们也只有他能问了 |
[10:02] | You know, I’ve done undercover | 我当年做卧底 |
[10:03] | drug deals with less skullduggery than this. | 参与毒品交易时都没这么偷偷摸摸 |
[10:06] | He doesn’t wanna be seen talkin’ to cops. | 他不想被看到他跟警察说话 |
[10:09] | The safer he feels, the longer he’ll stay. | 他觉得自己越安全 就会在这里待越久 |
[10:12] | Kevin has good days and bad days. I’m hopin’ this one’s good. | 凯文的生活有过起落 希望他现在过得不错 |
[10:15] | – That loaded? – Always. | -那把枪上膛了吗 -时刻上着膛 |
[10:18] | Don’t worry, Kevin wouldn’t hurt a fly. | 不用担心 凯文连只苍蝇都不愿伤害 |
[10:20] | Jesus improve your aim? | 老天爷把你变成神枪手了吗 |
[10:23] | I’m a woodworker. If I’m pullin’ a shotgun, | 我是个木工 如果我举枪 |
[10:26] | it’s ’cause I’m in a situation where aiming is not an option. | 说明在那种情况下准头已经无所谓了 |
[10:28] | At that point, I’ll take all the help I can get. | 到那时候 我也只能奋力一搏 |
[10:31] | – This our guy? – That’s him. | -就是他吗 -是的 |
[10:34] | Can’t be a buck-forty soppin’ wet. | 他体重肯定没有125斤 |
[10:36] | He’s lost a lot of weight. Nerve damage from the shooting. | 他瘦了很多 中弹后患了神经损伤 |
[10:38] | Remember to face forward. | 记得脸朝前看 |
[10:43] | Hey, Kevin. How you doing? | 嗨 凯文 最近还好吗 |
[10:44] | Could you, uh, please turn the mirror? | 能不能请你把后视镜转过去 |
[10:50] | I’m, uh… doin’ all right… | 我…过得还行吧 |
[10:53] | I guess. | 我想 |
[10:55] | This is Agent Tench. I’m gonna let him ask his questions. | 这位是坦奇探员 我会让他问你几个问题 |
[10:58] | I don’t know what else I can tell you. | 我不知道我还有什么可说的 |
[11:00] | Thank you for coming, Kevin. | 谢谢你能来 凯文 |
[11:03] | What I’d like to do is ask you some questions, | 我会问你几个问题 |
[11:05] | some of which you’ve heard before. Some may be new. | 有的也许你之前被问过 有的也许没有 |
[11:08] | I’ll listen to your story, | 我会听你说你的经历 |
[11:09] | but I’m gonna focus on the suspect’s behavior. | 但我会把重点放在嫌犯的行为上 |
[11:12] | I’m gonna ask you to go into a lot of detail. | 我会要你说很多细节 |
[11:14] | Everything is important. | 所有细节都很重要 |
[11:19] | All right. | 好的 |
[11:22] | On that Thursday, your sister left her car in the driveway, | 那个星期四 你姐姐把她的车停在了车道上 |
[11:25] | is that right? | 对吗 |
[11:26] | We were in Dad’s truck. I was bringin’ her home. | 我们当时在爸爸的卡车上 我送她回家 |
[11:29] | As you approached the house, | 当你们走近房子时 |
[11:31] | did you notice anything different or strange? | 有注意到什么不同或奇怪的事吗 |
[11:34] | No, sir. | 没有 探员 |
[11:35] | Kathy and me were just laughing, talkin’ when we walked in. | 凯瑟和我边说笑边走进房子 |
[11:40] | Then he came out. | 然后他出来了 |
[11:42] | Was he aggressive? | 他看起来有攻击性吗 |
[11:43] | Did he seem angry? Jumpy? | 他生气 焦躁吗 |
[11:46] | Just… real matter-of-fact. | 就…面无表情 |
[11:48] | But… like he could be mean underneath. | 但是 他看起来像是内心恶毒的人 |
[11:52] | What do you remember of his clothes, how he was dressed? | 你记得他的衣服吗 他当时穿着什么 |
[11:56] | I… gave a description. | 我…之前描述过 |
[11:58] | Black… golf gloves, green jacket. | 黑的…高尔夫手套 绿色夹克衫 |
[12:01] | But how did they seem to you? | 但你觉得衣着看起来怎么样 |
[12:03] | Clean, dirty, cheap? | 干净 肮脏或廉价 |
[12:09] | Didn’t seem cheap. | 看起来不廉价 |
[12:11] | The jacket was bulky. | 他穿的夹克很厚实 |
[12:13] | Nice. | 挺高档的 |
[12:15] | Everything was clean. | 全身上下都挺干净的 |
[12:17] | A lot of pockets. | 有很多口袋 |
[12:18] | Did he say anything else? | 他还说了什么吗 |
[12:20] | He said he was a wanted man. | 他说他是个通缉犯 |
[12:23] | He said, | 他说 |
[12:24] | “I’m wanted in California, and I need to get to New York.” | “加州在通缉我 我要去纽约” |
[12:28] | Were you afraid, | 你当时害怕吗 |
[12:29] | or did you think he was telling you the truth? | 还是你觉得他说的是实话 |
[12:31] | I figured it was just a robbery. | 我以为他只是想抢劫 |
[12:34] | I gave him the truck keys. | 我把卡车钥匙给了他 |
[12:36] | I thought he had what he wanted, so he’d go. | 我以为给他他想要的 他就会走 |
[12:39] | But he didn’t. | 但他没走 |
[12:42] | Did he force you to tie Kathy up? | 他有强迫你把凯瑟绑起来吗 |
[12:44] | Didn’t… force. | 不是强迫 |
[12:46] | – Just told me. – Told you how? | -只是叫我这么做 -怎么叫你做的 |
[12:48] | Real simple. | 很简单 |
[12:50] | He made everything sound… reasonable. | 他说得…头头是道 |
[12:53] | Like if we just did this, he was gonna leave. | 就好像如果我们照做了 他就会走 |
[12:56] | Where did he get the cord he tied you with? | 他绑你的绳子是哪来的 |
[12:59] | From his pockets. | 他从口袋里掏出来的 |
[13:02] | I tied Kathy pretty loose. | 我给凯瑟绑得很松 |
[13:05] | He made me lie down, and he tied my hands behind my back. | 他让我躺下 然后把我手绑在我背后 |
[13:09] | He tied my feet to the bed. | 把我的脚绑在了床脚 |
[13:11] | And what was he like when he tied you? | 他捆绑你的时候是什么样的 |
[13:13] | Was he… nervous, flustered? | 他紧张吗 或是慌乱 |
[13:17] | Uh… not at all. | 完全没有 |
[13:18] | I watched him tie my feet. | 我看着他绑我的脚 |
[13:20] | He was fast with knots. | 他打结很快 |
[13:22] | Like he’d done it before. | 就像之前干过一样 |
[13:24] | Was he rough? Angry? | 他粗鲁吗 火气大吗 |
[13:26] | Did he tie you tight? | 他绑你绑得紧吗 |
[13:29] | He was almost… gentle. | 他几乎算得上…温柔 |
[13:32] | Gentle? | 温柔 |
[13:33] | It seemed. | 感觉是的 |
[13:36] | He took a pillow from the bed and put it under my head. | 他从床上拿了一个枕头垫在我的头下 |
[13:40] | That’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[13:42] | I want to come back to that, but please continue. | 我想回头聊聊这个 但请继续 |
[13:45] | He took Kathy into the other room. | 他把凯瑟带到另一个房间去 |
[13:49] | I… couldn’t tell what was going on. | 我不知道发生了什么 |
[13:55] | Then I heard noises. | 然后我听到了一些动静 |
[13:57] | What kind of noises? | 什么样的动静 |
[14:00] | Not… moans, | 不是呻吟声 |
[14:04] | almost little cries. | 算是小声啜泣吧 |
[14:09] | Then it got real quiet. | 后来就完全没声音了 |
[14:14] | And I couldn’t hear him anymore. | 我再也听不到他的动静了 |
[14:19] | All of a sudden, a radio came on in my room, loud. | 突然间 我房间的一个收音机响了 很大声 |
[14:23] | And he put something around my neck, and he started pulling. | 他用什么勒住了我的脖子 开始用力拉 |
[14:26] | It was so fast. | 他动作非常快 |
[14:28] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[14:29] | I just started kicking and twisting. | 我开始乱踢乱扭 |
[14:32] | I… I knew right then, he was gonna kill me. | 那时我就知道 他要杀了我 |
[14:34] | When he was strangling you, did he say anything? | 他在勒你的时候 有说什么吗 |
[14:38] | Uh… no. | 没有 |
[14:42] | Kevin, this is important. | 凯文 这很重要 |
[14:44] | At any time, when he was tying you up | 他在绑你 |
[14:46] | or when he was strangling you, | 或勒住你时 |
[14:48] | could you tell if he had an erection? | 你能感觉到他有勃起吗 |
[14:55] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[14:57] | I… I couldn’t see. | 我看不见 |
[14:59] | That’s all right. | 没关系 |
[15:00] | How’d you get away? | 你是怎么挣脱的 |
[15:02] | I was thrashing around so much, my feet broke loose. | 我挣扎得很凶 脚被我挣开了 |
[15:06] | I stood up. I got my hands free. | 我站起来 把手也解开了 |
[15:09] | I saw him go for the gun. | 我看到他去拿枪 |
[15:11] | I grabbed at it. | 就伸手去抓枪 |
[15:13] | We fought for it. | 我们开始夺枪 |
[15:15] | I got it turned. | 我把枪口转了过去 |
[15:18] | I had it right at his stomach. I… I pulled the trigger twice, | 对着他的腹部 我扣了两次扳机 |
[15:23] | as hard as I could, but it wouldn’t go off. | 费了很大劲 但没有开成枪 |
[15:24] | He’d have had the safety on. | 他肯定是打开了保险 |
[15:26] | Everything would be different if I had only shot him. | 如果我能开成枪 一切都会不同了 |
[15:28] | There’s no way you could’ve gotten the safety off | 他在夺枪 你不可能关掉保险 |
[15:30] | and shot him with him pulling on the gun. | 朝他开枪的 |
[15:32] | I guess it slipped out of my hands | 后来枪好像是从我手中滑了出去 |
[15:34] | ’cause he had it, and he pulled the trigger. | 因为他拿到了枪 扣动了扳机 |
[15:37] | First bullet grazed my face. | 第一颗子弹擦过了我的脸 |
[15:39] | The second one went in the side of my head. | 第二颗子弹射进了我脑袋侧面 |
[15:43] | That’s when I… hit the floor. | 然后我就倒在了地上 |
[15:46] | Did you pass out? | 你晕过去了吗 |
[15:51] | I never did. | 没有 |
[15:53] | I was awake the whole time. | 我由始至终都醒着 |
[15:57] | I decided to play dead. | 我决定装死 |
[15:59] | – What did you hear next? – Kathy… moan. | -你接下来听到了什么 -凯瑟 她在呻吟 |
[16:04] | I heard him grunting. | 我听见他在嘟嘟囔囔 |
[16:07] | And I was in there playing possum. | 而我却在那装死 |
[16:09] | It’s okay, Kevin. | 没事的 凯文 |
[16:14] | He must have heard me move because he was on me again. | 他肯定是听到我挪动了 因为他又来对付我 |
[16:18] | He shot me. Blew my teeth out. | 他朝我开了枪 打飞了我的牙齿 |
[16:21] | Then he went back to Kathy. | 然后他又回凯瑟那里 |
[16:25] | I… could barely stand. | 我几乎站不起来了 |
[16:28] | The radio was so loud. | 收音机声音好大 |
[16:30] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 |
[16:32] | I looked around, you know, for something to hit him with, | 我看了看周围 想找能打他的东西 |
[16:35] | but I thought… | 但我想… |
[16:37] | the best chance was to get help. | 最好还是求救 |
[16:41] | So you ran. | 所以你跑了 |
[16:46] | – Yeah. – It’s the best thing you coulda done. | -是的 -那种情况你只能如此 |
[16:48] | I coulda gone back in there! | 我本可以回去的 |
[16:50] | We would’ve lost you both. | 那样你们就都没命了 |
[16:57] | Kevin, thank you. | 凯文 谢谢你 |
[16:58] | If you think of anything else, any detail… | 如果你想起了任何事 任何细节 |
[17:01] | No. | 没有了 |
[17:03] | Um… He wore a watch. | 他戴着一只表 |
[17:07] | Yeah, a… A big, steel, military kind. | 一只大的精钢表 军队用的那种 |
[17:22] | Was it at all similar to this one? | 像这只表吗 |
[17:28] | It looked like that. | 看起来像 |
[17:29] | Joseph Otero’s watch. | 约瑟夫・奥特罗的表 |
[17:31] | That’s that family, right? It’s him, isn’t it? | 是遇害的那一家吗 就是他干的 是不是 |
[17:34] | BTK | BTK. |
[17:35] | He bragged about a fifth victim, but he never named her. | 他吹嘘过第五个受害者的事 但一直没说名字 |
[17:38] | We think it was Kathy. | 我们认为就是凯瑟 |
[17:39] | I told you, he’d done this before. | 我早就告诉你们了 他之前就犯过这种案子 |
[17:42] | He knew what he was doing! | 他知道自己在做什么 |
[17:43] | I… I don’t have brain damage like they say. | 我没像他们说的那样有脑损伤 |
[17:45] | – I just get tired! – We believe you. | -我就是容易累 -我们相信你 |
[17:47] | – And we’ll catch him. – I can’t wait for that. | -我们会捉到他的 -我等不到那天了 |
[17:50] | – What do you mean? – I saw his face! | -什么意思 -我看过他的脸 |
[17:52] | He knows I’m out here. | 他知道我还活着 |
[17:53] | Every time I walk into a store, | 每次我走进商店 |
[17:54] | every time somebody walks into a room. | 每次有别人走进房间 |
[17:56] | – Even at church. – This guy does not go to church. | -甚至在教堂里 -这种人不会去教堂的 |
[17:58] | – Where are you gonna go, Kevin? – Just… away. | -你要去哪 凯文 -离开这里 |
[18:11] | Can’t say that I blame him. | 也没法怪他 |
[19:41] | Nance? | 南茜 |
[19:42] | – Uh, what’s wrong? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[19:45] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[19:46] | Honey, did you leave the back door open? | 亲爱的 后门是你打开没关上吗 |
[19:49] | I was taking out the trash. Brian couldn’t sleep. | 我当时正要出去扔垃圾 布莱恩说他睡不着 |
[19:51] | Are you… Are you coming to bed? | 你要 你要上床睡觉吗 |
[19:53] | – I’ll be in soon. – All right. | -一会就来 -好 |
[20:22] | Wendy’s almost ready to meet for those Georgia interviews. | 温迪马上就能讨论约谈佐治亚州罪犯的事了 |
[20:25] | Right. | 好 |
[20:32] | – BTK. – He’s a new animal. | -BTK -他是新的冷血杀人魔 |
[20:34] | – Lots of interesting contradictions. – You mind? | -身上有很多有趣的矛盾之处 -我能看看吗 |
[20:43] | He brought the little girl to the basement | 他把小女孩带到地下室 |
[20:45] | and constructed a ritualized execution. | 进行了仪式性的处决 |
[20:48] | That took time. | 这需要很多时间 |
[20:51] | This was a big risk. | 这是个很大的风险 |
[20:52] | Her scene is the only one with semen present. | 只有女孩的受害现场检测到了精液 |
[20:54] | She was clearly his primary interest. | 很明显她是凶手的首要目标 |
[20:56] | The rest of the family is just… collateral. | 家里的其他人只是 附带伤害 |
[20:59] | He only expected the mother and youngest daughter to be home. | 他没料到除了妈妈和小女儿还有其他人在家 |
[21:03] | But he learns. | 但他从中吸取了教训 |
[21:04] | After the Oteros, all of his victims are women. | 奥特罗一案后 他的所有受害人都是女性 |
[21:06] | None of the men were at home, | 凶案发生时男性都不在家 |
[21:07] | except for your witness, Bright’s brother. | 除了你的这位目击者 布莱特的兄弟 |
[21:09] | Kevin wasn’t expected either. | 凶手也没料到凯文会出现 |
[21:10] | So BTK changes his MO, | 所以BTK才改变了自己的作案手法 |
[21:12] | and that’s why he stabs the sister. | 这就是为什么他选择捅死凯瑟 |
[21:14] | What’s amazing is even though he was surprised | 令人惊叹的是即使他在犯下布莱特案 |
[21:17] | during the Bright and Otero murders, | 和奥特罗案时都发生了意料之外的事 |
[21:21] | he somehow manages to overcome his own panic. | 他设法克服了自己的恐慌 |
[21:24] | Imagine the adrenaline. | 想想那刺激感 |
[21:26] | You’ve planned for a petite woman and an eleven-year-old girl. | 你本来只计划应付一个娇小的女性和一个11岁的女孩 |
[21:29] | And all of a sudden, you got a barking dog, | 突然之间 出现一只叫个不停的狗 |
[21:31] | another child, and a retired master sergeant. | 另一个孩子 还有一个退役军士长 |
[21:34] | But he didn’t run. He took his time. | 但他却没逃走 还从容地解决了 |
[21:37] | Maybe Otero wasn’t his first. | 也许奥特罗案不是他的第一次 |
[21:39] | Too many rookie mistakes. It was his first. | 太多新手失误了 就是他的第一次 |
[21:41] | But I also think that he was exceptionally prepared. | 但我还认为他准备得异常充分 |
[21:44] | He practiced? | 他练习过 |
[21:45] | Remember Kemper practiced on dolls, animals. | 要知道坎伯在布娃娃和小动物身上练习过 |
[21:48] | He spent years fantasizing, | 他花了很多年幻想这种事 |
[21:50] | so he knew exactly how he was going to do it when the time came. | 所以当时机到来 他很清楚自己该怎么做 |
[21:53] | There’s no way our guy doesn’t have a rap sheet. | 我们的凶手不可能没有前科 |
[21:55] | Animal abuse, | 虐待动物 |
[21:56] | maybe peeping neighborhood girls, assaulting prostitutes. | 也许偷窥过附近的女孩子 殴打妓女 |
[21:59] | So what have we got so far? | 所以我们目前能总结出什么 |
[22:00] | White male, late 20s to early 30s, | 白人男性 30岁左右 |
[22:03] | rap sheet, possible assault complaints. | 有前科 也许被投诉过打人 |
[22:05] | High school education at best. | 最多高中学历 |
[22:07] | Has difficulty holding more than a menial job. | 很难保住除底层工作以外的活计 |
[22:09] | Kevin said he smelled “Clean.” His clothes were nice. | 凯文说凶手闻起来很”干净” 他的衣服很好 |
[22:12] | He wasn’t angry or harsh. | 他既不愤怒也不粗暴 |
[22:14] | He sounds almost as ordinary and suburban as the victim pool. | 他听起来甚至更符合受害者的描述 普通平凡 |
[22:17] | Everyone we’ve interviewed is a product of a difficult home | 我们约谈的所有人都在糟糕的家庭环境中长大 |
[22:20] | and a string of adult failures. | 成年后又经历了一系列的失败 |
[22:21] | They’re all emotionally scarred. | 他们在情感上都伤痕累累 |
[22:23] | The only one who managed to keep a job was Brudos, | 唯一有正经工作的是布鲁多斯 |
[22:25] | and he was blue-collar. | 还是个蓝领工人 |
[22:27] | What about his letters | 那些他写给媒体的信 |
[22:28] | that he writes to the newspaper? | 又怎么讲 |
[22:32] | He’s equating himself with famous killers. | 他将自己和著名凶手相提并论 |
[22:35] | “Son of Sam,” “Jack the Ripper,” “Ted of the West Coast.” | “山姆之子” “”开膛手杰克” “西海岸泰德” |
[22:38] | That’s gotta be Bundy. Who’s Glatman? | 应该是指邦迪 格拉特曼是谁 |
[22:40] | Harvey. Famous for binding and strangling women in the ’50s. | 哈维 五十年代因捆绑勒死女性闻名 |
[22:42] | – Of course you know that. – He’s studying them. | -你当然知道了 -他在研究这些凶手 |
[22:45] | Modeling himself after them. | 模仿他们 |
[22:46] | Look at this page. | 看这封信 |
[22:48] | He actually gives himself possible names. | 他还给自己起了一些名字 |
[22:50] | “I like the following. | “我喜欢以下这些名字 |
[22:52] | How about you? | 你们呢 |
[22:53] | ‘The BTK Strangler, ‘ | BTK扼杀者 |
[22:55] | ‘Wichita Strangler, ‘ ‘Wichita Executioner.'” | 威奇托杀人狂 威奇托刽子手” |
[22:59] | He’s christening himself for the media. | 他在帮媒体给自己起名字 |
[23:01] | Like Zodiac, or Berkowitz naming himself “Son of Sam.” | 就像十二宫 或是称自己为”山姆之子”的伯科威茨 |
[23:04] | Berkowitz also courted the press. | 伯科威茨也联系过媒体 |
[23:06] | He wrote directly to Jimmy Breslin. | 他还直接写信给吉米・布雷斯林 |
[23:06] | 专栏作家 媒体人 | |
[23:08] | Berkowitz also gave himself a symbol with initials. | 伯科威茨也设计了一个包含首字母的符号 |
[23:11] | He used it on every letter he wrote. | 他在每封信上都画了那个符号 |
[23:13] | Right. | 没错 |
[23:14] | It had a cross on the top. | 最上面有个十字架 |
[23:18] | Like this. | 像是这样 |
[23:20] | Look at our guy. | 再看看这位 |
[23:27] | We have to talk to the chubby behemoth. | 我们得跟大个子谈谈 |
[23:30] | This is what we’re doing now? Rearranging our interviews | 我们现在要这么做了吗 重新安排约谈 |
[23:32] | to service investigations? | 来为案件调查服务 |
[23:34] | Because all of our subjects are important. | 因为我们的每个研究对象都很重要 |
[23:36] | Berkowitz has been on the list since the beginning. | 但伯科威茨一直就在我们的约谈名单上 |
[23:38] | Maybe, but we need to discuss where he fits into our analysis. | 但我们还是得讨论该把他放到哪一块分析 |
[23:42] | I mean, he’s a diagnosed schizophrenic. | 他可是确诊患有精神分裂症 |
[23:44] | So was Kemper as a juvenile. | 坎伯在少年时期不也是吗 |
[23:45] | We need to at least consider that Berkowitz is a blitz killer. | 最起码得考虑一下伯科维茨是突袭式杀手 |
[23:49] | He exhibits none of Kemper | 他并没有展现出类似坎伯 |
[23:50] | or Brudos’ psycho-sexual motivations. | 或布鲁多斯那样的性心理动机 |
[23:52] | By his own account, he walked up to cars, | 据他自己描述 他是走到车前 |
[23:54] | fired five shots, and then ran. | 开了五枪 然后逃走 |
[23:56] | I can’t see how anything lasting 19 seconds | 我是看不出这19秒的作案时间 |
[23:58] | could allow for sexual gratification. | 能让他得到多大的性满足 |
[24:00] | Well, we know BTK is inspired by Berkowitz. | 我们知道是伯科威茨启发了BTK |
[24:05] | And we know BTK kills for sexual fulfillment. | 而且BTK杀人是为了获得性满足 |
[24:08] | And he’s active. Seven so far. | 他在作案 已经杀害了七人 |
[24:10] | And he’s hunting again. | 而且现在又寻觅猎物了 |
[24:12] | Either of these Georgia boys up for the chair? | 这俩佐治亚州杀手是要上电椅的吗 |
[24:14] | – Hance is on death row. – On appeal. | -汉斯是死囚犯 -他还在上诉 |
[24:16] | Plenty of time. We’ll push them off a week. | 时间充裕得很 就推迟一周再去吧 |
[24:17] | I’ll put together the research. Gregg, | 我去整理研究资料 格雷格 |
[24:19] | – can you change the flights? – Sure. | -能帮我们改签航班吗 -没问题 |
[24:32] | This is what we’re doin’ now. | 我们目前的工作重心就是这个 |
[24:35] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:40] | This doesn’t seem like your scene. | 这不像是你会来的地方啊 |
[24:43] | Holden brought me here. | 霍顿带我来过 |
[24:44] | Doesn’t seem like Holden’s scene. | 感觉霍顿也跟这里格格不入 |
[24:47] | Look, I won’t usually betray a confidence, | 我通常都是守口如瓶的 |
[24:50] | but when Holden disappeared those two days, | 但霍顿消失的那两天 |
[24:53] | he went to see Kemper. | 他其实是去见了坎伯 |
[24:54] | Now, whatever happened during that visit precipitated… | 那次探视引起了他的… |
[24:57] | Panic attacks. | 恐慌发作 |
[24:58] | – You knew? – I had to retrieve his ass. | -你知道 -是我接他回来的 |
[25:01] | I’m really sorry I didn’t tell you. | 很抱歉我没跟你说 |
[25:02] | I thought the last thing we need | 我们现在最不需要的 |
[25:03] | is for Holden to have everyone walking on eggshells around here. | 就是大家因为霍顿变得如履薄冰 |
[25:05] | Quite frankly, Bill, this demands our attention. | 老实说 比尔 这应该引起我们重视 |
[25:07] | He had an episode. | 他只是发作了一次 |
[25:09] | Even the doctor said it feels worse than it is. | 连医生都说除了难受点 没什么大碍 |
[25:11] | Panic attacks may not be brought on by anything real, | 恐慌发作或许不是由实际事物引发 |
[25:13] | but their effects are very real. | 但带来的影响可不是闹着玩的 |
[25:15] | Whether you think Holden deserves your sympathy or not, | 不管你同不同情霍顿 |
[25:17] | this could have serious consequences for us | 这都有可能对我们造成严重后果 |
[25:20] | and very real physiological consequences for him. | 对他的生理健康也会有很大的影响 |
[25:22] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[25:24] | – Does Gunn know about this? – No. | -甘恩知道这事吗 -不知道 |
[25:26] | He’s based his vision and his largess | 他的宏图大略和倾囊相助都是建立在 |
[25:28] | on the Holden Ford miracle. | 霍顿・福特的奇迹之上 |
[25:29] | I couldn’t tell him Boy Wonder has the vapors. | 我怎么可能会告诉他这位神童的精神状况不佳 |
[25:32] | We might not be worth salvaging… | 没准他就觉得我们不值得被挽救了 |
[25:33] | With this Berkowitz interview, | 这次约谈伯科威茨 |
[25:34] | you have got to take the lead. | 一定得由你来牵头 |
[25:36] | He’s gonna be walking in there in a heightened state, | 他到时候肯定会高度紧张 |
[25:38] | knowing that he’s got one shot | 毕竟只有这么一次机会 |
[25:39] | at the killer on the cover of Newsweek. | 能访问登上了《新闻周刊》封面的杀手 |
[25:41] | He’ll be anxious, vulnerable, | 他会焦虑 脆弱 |
[25:43] | and that could prime him for an episode. | 这都可能诱发他恐慌发作 |
[25:44] | The last time he was in the room with a serial killer, | 他上次和连环杀手共处一室 |
[25:46] | he ended up chained to a hospital bed. What do I do? | 结果就被绑在了医院病床上 我要怎么做 |
[25:49] | Be observant. | 察言观色 |
[25:50] | Apart from the obvious physical cues, | 除了那些身体发出的明显信号 |
[25:51] | an attack can manifest dozens of ways. | 恐慌还会有多种表现方式 |
[25:53] | So if he seems manic or overly nervous, fragile… | 看他有没有变得狂躁 过度紧张 虚弱 |
[25:56] | Should I carry smelling salts? | 我要不要带上嗅盐呢 |
[25:57] | It’s not a joke. | 我没在开玩笑 |
[25:58] | If you see one hint, you get him out of there. | 一发现有不对劲 你就立刻把他带离现场 |
[26:01] | Whatever you feel about Holden’s health, | 不管你在不在乎霍顿的健康 |
[26:03] | if he blows this with Berkowitz, | 如果他这次和伯科威茨面谈搞砸了 |
[26:04] | Gunn will rethink his investment. | 甘恩肯定会重新考虑他对我们的投资 |
[26:07] | And from now on, there needs to be transparency between us. | 从现在起 我俩之间一定要毫无隐瞒 |
[26:09] | Whatever is going on with him, we both know about it. | 不管他状况如何 我们都得互相通气 |
[26:12] | Two-way street. | 双向交流 |
[26:13] | Deal. | 没问题 |
[26:23] | I’ll get our next one. | 下一轮酒我请 |
[26:24] | – I feel like I owe you. – I got it. | -那多不好意思 -没事 |
[26:30] | – Another round? – Gorgeous. | -再来一轮酒吗 -美人 |
[26:34] | Yeah. Thank you. | 嗯 谢谢 |
[26:36] | Let me get that for you. | 我请你吧 |
[26:37] | Leave her alone, Gary. | 别烦人家 加里 |
[26:39] | She’s with General Patton over there. | 跟她一起来的可是”巴顿将军” |
[26:40] | Well, you keep blowing me off, Kay! | 别老是回绝我嘛 凯 |
[26:42] | How else is a red-blooded American patriot | 不然我这个血气方刚的爱国志士 |
[26:44] | supposed to spend his hard-earned pay? | 要怎么花光他的血汗钱啊 |
[26:45] | I’m sure you don’t need any help coming up with ideas. | 我看你根本不需要别人帮你出主意吧 |
[26:48] | What if I promise to take you out of here | 要是我答应带你离开这里 |
[26:50] | and away from all these assholes? | 远离这些个混蛋呢 |
[26:51] | – What’s your name, Marine? – Eric. | -你叫什么名字 陆战队员 -埃里克 |
[26:54] | Did you just get into Quantico, Eric? | 你是刚进匡提科吗 埃里克 |
[26:56] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[26:57] | Why don’t you help me through my first long night? | 你要不要陪我共度第一个长夜 |
[26:59] | Oh, Eric, you are new here. | 埃里克 你还真是个新手 |
[27:01] | These boys put you up to it, didn’t they? | 是这些家伙怂恿你这么说的吧 |
[27:03] | Sadly, you are warming up the bat all by yourself tonight. | 很可惜 你今晚得独守空床了 |
[27:06] | I play for the other team. | 我不好这口 |
[27:10] | If she’s bent, | 如果她是弯的 |
[27:11] | so are Christie Brinkley and Brooke Shields. | 那帮名模肯定也是 |
[27:12] | – Well, I’d watch that pillow fight. – Same tab? | -我还挺想看她们打枕头仗 -记帐单上吗 |
[27:16] | No, I’ve got this one. | 不 我直接付钱 |
[27:21] | That really work? | 那么说有用吗 |
[27:23] | People see what they wanna see. | 人们只会看到自己想看到的东西 |
[27:25] | Let me know if I can get you anything else. | 有什么需要再找我 |
[27:26] | – Thanks. – Thanks for dropping by. | -谢谢 -感谢来访 |
[27:30] | Eyes forward, maggots. | 往前看 一群蠢货 |
[27:34] | 纽约州 阿提卡 | |
[27:34] | Six killed, seven wounded. Biggest manhunt in US history. | 六死七伤 美国历史上规模最大的追捕行动 |
[27:38] | And he says a demon inhabiting a neighbor’s dog made him do it. | 他说是邻居家一条被恶魔附身的狗逼他这么做的 |
[27:41] | Do we really buy that? | 这话有人信吗 |
[27:44] | On the surface, the crimes appear random, | 表面上看 这些案件似乎都是随机的 |
[27:45] | but… I’m not sure he’s the madman he makes himself out to be. | 但我不确定他真有他表现出来的那么疯狂 |
[27:50] | There’s just enough pattern to show intention. | 刚好有足够的规律表明他的意图 |
[27:52] | He always shot at women or women in the company of men. | 他每次都枪杀女人 或有男性陪伴的女人 |
[27:55] | And when he shot at couples in cars, | 他每次枪击车里的情侣 |
[27:56] | he always shot at the passenger side. | 都是从副驾那边开枪 |
[27:58] | That was used to support the “random” argument. | 那被用于支持”随机作案”的论点 |
[28:00] | It’s the side closest to the sidewalk. No planning, no strategy. | 那一侧最靠近人行道 无计划 无策略 |
[28:03] | Just shoot. | 直接开枪 |
[28:05] | But in couples, the male is usually the driver. | 但情侣之间通常由男性开车 |
[28:09] | He never shot at the driver’s side. | 他一次都没有从驾驶座那侧开枪过 |
[28:10] | He unleashed everything on the… | 他每次下手都是从… |
[28:13] | woman’s side of the vehicle. | 女人坐的那一侧 |
[29:09] | I’m surprised the FBI hasn’t come sooner. | 没想到联调局的人现在才来 |
[29:13] | The night I was arrested, the mayor came to see me. | 我被捕那晚 市长来见我 |
[29:16] | He came down to my cell in the middle of the night. | 他半夜跑来我的牢房 |
[29:19] | We fit you in as soon as we could. | 我们已经尽快把你安排进来了 |
[29:23] | So, you’re talking to other people? | 你们也和其他人面谈吗 |
[29:25] | A few. | 有几个 |
[29:27] | But no one who’s done what you did. | 但没人做过你所做的那些 |
[29:30] | You held an entire city in thrall. | 你让整座城市陷入恐慌 |
[29:33] | Girls got their hair cut so you wouldn’t single them out. | 女孩们把头发剪短 以免被你挑中 |
[29:36] | Discos closed early. | 舞厅早早就关门 |
[29:38] | It was the largest task force New York ever assembled. | 那支特遣队是纽约有史以来人数最多的 |
[29:41] | A hundred years from now, | 一百年后 |
[29:43] | people will still know the name Son of Sam. | 人们仍将知道山姆之子的恶名 |
[29:47] | I always say, if you want to learn how to paint, | 我常说 如果想学画画 |
[29:50] | go straight to the artist. | 就直接去找画家 |
[29:53] | – What does that mean? – You got so much publicity, | -什么意思 -媒体铺天盖地地报道你 |
[29:56] | there’s a killer out in Kansas who idolizes you. | 有个堪萨斯的杀手崇拜你 |
[29:59] | He’s writing letters to the press. | 他写信给媒体 |
[30:01] | And he’s writing about you. | 内容全是写你的 |
[30:05] | – Is he shitting me? – Guy’s killed seven so far. | -他在耍我吗 -那男人目前已杀害了七人 |
[30:09] | He even made a symbol. Show him the thing. | 他还自创了个符号 给他看 |
[30:21] | What is that? Boobs? | 那是什么 奶子吗 |
[30:22] | It’s a B. | 是字母”B” |
[30:24] | – This is a complete rip-off. – That’s what we think. | -这是赤裸裸的抄袭 -我们也这么认为 |
[30:30] | How’s he kill ’em? | 他怎么杀人 |
[30:32] | He breaks into houses, ties ’em up, strangles ’em. | 他闯入房子里 把受害者绑起来 然后勒死他们 |
[30:35] | Calls himself BTK. | 他自称BTK |
[30:37] | For Bind, Torture, Kill. | 意思是捆绑 折磨 杀害 |
[30:39] | David, why did you name yourself? | 大卫 你为什么给自己取代号 |
[30:41] | “I am the Son of Sam. | “我是山姆之子 |
[30:44] | Go out and kill, commands father Sam.” | 我父亲山姆命令我出去杀人” |
[30:52] | The press had called me the “.44 Caliber Killer.” | 媒体以前称我为”点44口径杀手” |
[30:55] | They had this absurd theory | 他们有一套荒唐的理论 |
[30:58] | the gun somehow symbolized my penis. | 认为枪是我鸡巴的象征 |
[31:02] | I’m not some crazed sex killer. | 我不是什么疯狂的性动机杀人犯 |
[31:05] | I needed a name that explained who I really was. | 我需要一个名字来说明我真正的身份 |
[31:08] | That I was being controlled by a 3,000-year-old demon. | 我是被一个三千岁的恶魔控制了 |
[31:12] | People need to know demons are real. | 人们必须知道恶魔是真实存在的 |
[31:15] | The Exorcist is based on actual shit. | 《驱魔人》是根据真实事件改变的 |
[31:18] | You saw The Exorcist? | 你看过《驱魔人》 |
[31:20] | Everyone did. | 所有人都看过 |
[31:21] | You read a lot about demons and exorcisms before the killings? | 你在杀人前阅读了很多关于恶魔和驱魔的书吗 |
[31:26] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[31:27] | Let’s go to the first attack. We’re fascinated by your mindset… | 谈谈你第一次袭击 我们对你的思维模式很感兴趣 |
[31:30] | You’re adopted, aren’t you? | 你是被收养的 对吧 |
[31:38] | Yeah. Just before this all started, | 是的 在这一切开始前 |
[31:42] | I traced my biological mother. | 我找到了我的生母 |
[31:44] | – Found out she never wanted me. – That must’ve been hard. | -发现她从没想要生我 -你一定很难过吧 |
[31:47] | My adoptive mother told me my real mother died. | 我的养母告诉我 我的亲生母亲死了 |
[31:50] | That often happens with adopted kids. | 被收养的孩子多半是孤儿 |
[31:55] | Well, I was illegitimate. | 但我是私生子 |
[31:57] | They both lied. | 她们俩都说谎了 |
[32:00] | That’s about when I started hearing voices. | 就在那段时间 我开始听见声音 |
[32:03] | The “Demons.” | “恶魔”的声音 |
[32:07] | How do you know when you have a demon? | 你怎么知道恶魔何时进入了你体内 |
[32:09] | Are there symptoms? | 有什么症状吗 |
[32:12] | Possession isn’t just | 附身不只是 |
[32:14] | what you see on the outside. | 你所看到的表象 |
[32:17] | The torment inside is horrible. | 体内的折磨也很可怕 |
[32:20] | Demons are powerful beings. | 恶魔是强大的存在 |
[32:23] | They use your own voice, your own thoughts against you. | 它们用你自己的声音和思想对付你 |
[32:27] | They make you think you’re crazy. | 让你以为自己疯了 |
[32:29] | When they get strong enough, they speak their name out loud. | 等它们变得足够强大 就会说出它们的名字 |
[32:32] | And once they’ve done that, they are in complete control. | 它们一旦那么做 就完全控制你了 |
[32:36] | So, now you know you’ve got a demon… | 现在你知道你体内有恶魔… |
[32:39] | What did you do? | 你当时做了什么 |
[32:41] | I quit my job and locked myself in my apartment. | 我辞去工作 把自己锁在公寓里 |
[32:44] | For a month, I stayed home listening, preparing… | 整整一个月我都待在家里倾听和准备 |
[32:47] | Listening? To what exactly? | 倾听 具体听什么 |
[32:52] | My neighbor, Sam, had a dog. | 我邻居山姆有条狗 |
[32:55] | Every night, | 每天晚上 |
[32:56] | this dog would howl. | 这条狗都会嚎叫 |
[32:58] | He would not shut up. | 它叫个没完没了 |
[33:00] | He kept saying he needed blood. | 一直说它需要鲜血 |
[33:02] | He demanded blood. | 它要求我给他血 |
[33:05] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[33:06] | That writing on your apartment walls, what was that about? | 你公寓墙上的字 是什么意思 |
[33:14] | Sometimes the voices came from inside the walls. | 有时声音从墙内传出来 |
[33:16] | So, not from a dog? | 所以不是狗发出的 |
[33:19] | I’m just trying to keep it all straight. | 我只是想弄清楚 |
[33:22] | They tormented me. | 它们折磨我 |
[33:23] | I would tear the walls open looking for ’em. | 我甚至把墙砸开 寻找它们的踪影 |
[33:25] | Was that about the time you saw The Exorcist and read your books? | 你是不是在那段时间里看了《驱魔人》和那些书 |
[33:30] | – Around then. – I’m curious. | -差不多 -我很好奇 |
[33:31] | You had this history of demonic voices, | 你听见过恶魔的声音 |
[33:34] | psychotic episodes. | 精神病也发作过 |
[33:36] | Why not plead not guilty by reason of insanity? | 为什么不以精神错乱为由 申辩无罪 |
[33:39] | Why plead guilty and never get a trial | 为什么要认罪 失去在庭上 |
[33:40] | where you could explain your demons? | 辩解你体内有恶魔的机会 |
[33:42] | Because I am not insane. | 因为我没疯 |
[33:44] | I can’t pretend to be insane. | 我不能假装自己疯了 |
[33:48] | I knew it was wrong, but they made me do it. | 我知道那样做不对 但它们逼我 |
[33:51] | Hearing demons is quite possibly | 听见恶魔的声音很可能是 |
[33:53] | the textbook definition of insanity. | 精神错乱的标准定义 |
[33:55] | They came to me, not from me. | 是它们来找我的 不是我放出它们 |
[33:57] | Sorry to dwell on it, but it is the part that fascinates people. | 很抱歉一直聊这个 但人们就是对这部分感兴趣 |
[34:00] | You know, two people are writing books. | 还有两个人在写书 |
[34:02] | Your neighbor and some guy | 你邻居以及一个男人 |
[34:04] | you gave your life rights to for whatever reason. | 你不知为何把自己的真人故事改编权给了他 |
[34:06] | I’m in a legal dispute with him. | 我和他有法律纠纷 |
[34:08] | That book is gonna move like Big Macs. | 那本书一定会像巨无霸一样热卖 |
[34:10] | A guy who talks to dogs, hears demons. | 一个会跟狗说话 能听见恶魔的男人 |
[34:14] | Crazy sells, man. | 疯狂能促进销售啊 |
[34:16] | He makes any proceeds off the book, right? | 卖书所得到的收益全归他 对吧 |
[34:19] | The guy with your life rights? | 拥有你真人故事改编权的那个男人 |
[34:20] | Like I said, it’s a legal dispute. | 我说了 那是法律纠纷 |
[34:22] | I can’t discuss the details. | 我不能透露细节 |
[34:24] | Oh, I bet it is. | 我想一定是这样 |
[34:26] | The voices don’t interfere with talking to your lawyer, do they? | 那些声音不会干涉你和律师的谈话 对吧 |
[34:35] | It’s a crock, isn’t it? | 一切都是胡说 对不对 |
[34:39] | There’s no voices, no demon. | 根本没有声音 没有恶魔 |
[34:42] | The dog doesn’t talk. | 那条狗不会说话 |
[34:45] | You saw a movie, read some books, and made it all up. | 你看了一部电影和几本书 便编出这套说辞 |
[34:48] | So if everything went to shit… | 所以如果出了岔子 |
[34:50] | you’d have a way out. | 你还有办法摆脱困境 |
[34:52] | Do you want to forever be known at the FBI | 你希望在联调局的名声永远是那个 |
[34:54] | as the guy who let a Labrador | 被一条拉布拉多送进大牢 |
[34:55] | land him in jail for the rest of his shitty life? | 余下的可悲人生都要在监禁里度过的男人吗 |
[35:00] | They all bought it, David, didn’t they? | 他们全都信了 大卫 对不对 |
[35:05] | Even the shrinks. | 包括精神病医生 |
[35:13] | Especially the shrinks. | 特别是精神病医生 |
[35:16] | Hell, I believed some of it. | 我自己都信了其中一部分 |
[35:20] | I’m very suggestible. | 我很容易受影响 |
[35:21] | Did you wanna hear voices? | 你想听见声音吗 |
[35:23] | I kept reading about ’em. | 我一直阅读那方面的内容 |
[35:24] | They got kinda tied up with my fantasies. | 它们和我的幻想有密切联系 |
[35:27] | What fantasies are those? | 什么幻想 |
[35:28] | Girls. Revenge. | 女孩 复仇 |
[35:30] | I’m what you call a “Sex-starved daydreamer.” | 我就是你们所谓的”性饥渴空想家” |
[35:33] | That… That’s just me. That’s not clinical. | 那是我想的 不是临床诊断结果 |
[35:35] | – When did these fantasies start? – When I was a teenager. | -幻想从何时开始的 -青少年时期 |
[35:39] | But even now, I still spend most of my time fantasizing. | 不过到现在我仍花大部分时间幻想 |
[35:44] | My killings were not sex crimes. | 我的杀戮不是性犯罪 |
[35:48] | I never wanted to rape anybody. | 我从没想过要强奸任何人 |
[35:50] | I just wanted to kill ’em. | 我只是想杀了她们 |
[35:52] | Voices helped me justify what I already wanted to do. | 那些声音为我本来就想做的事开脱 |
[35:55] | How did you find them? Your victims? | 你怎么找到你的受害者的 |
[35:58] | Just started driving. | 我就是开始开车 |
[35:59] | – Driving? – All the time. | -开车 -时刻都在开 |
[36:01] | Lookin’ for girls. | 寻找女孩 |
[36:02] | So you never picked anyone out in advance and surveilled them? | 所以你从来没有提前选中和监视她们 |
[36:05] | No. I never knew who it would be. | 没有 我不知道会是谁 |
[36:08] | Is that what Kansas does? | 堪萨斯杀手也是这么做的吗 |
[36:10] | We think so from his letters. | 从他写的信来看 是的 |
[36:11] | I just drove and drove. | 我就一直开一直开 |
[36:13] | I’ll bet he does too, Kansas. | 堪萨斯杀手肯定也是这样 |
[36:16] | Gotta have a reliable car. | 得有一辆可靠的车 |
[36:18] | And I was cunning. | 我很狡猾 |
[36:19] | I studied maps, escape routes. | 我研究地图和逃跑路线 |
[36:21] | I carried my gun, a roll of quarters for parking. | 我随身带着枪 和用来交停车费的硬币 |
[36:26] | You never know when it might come together. | 你不知道何时机会就来了 |
[36:27] | How did you know what nights to go hunting? | 你怎么知道哪些晚上适合狩猎 |
[36:29] | Did it have anything to do with lunar cycles? | 这跟月亮周期有关吗 |
[36:32] | Fuck no. I hunted every night. | 当然没有 我每天晚上都狩猎 |
[36:34] | – Every night? – That’s what it takes. | -每晚 -这是代价 |
[36:35] | Commitment. | 全身心的投入 |
[36:37] | You go out every night, | 我每晚都出去 |
[36:38] | but… maybe once every few weeks, you find the right girl | 但是也许每隔几周 才在对的地方和对的时间 |
[36:42] | in the right place, at the right time. | 找到一个对的女孩 |
[36:44] | I never knew what I was lookin’ for, | 我从不预先知道要找什么 |
[36:48] | but I knew her when I saw her. | 但看到她那一刻 我就知道了 |
[36:49] | You ever take souvenirs? | 你有没有拿走过纪念品 |
[36:51] | Something from the scene? | 从作案现场 |
[36:53] | – Maybe something from one of the girls? – No, I ran. | -比如受害人身上的东西 -没有 我就跑了 |
[36:57] | The copycat, he takes things? | 那个模仿犯会拿走东西吗 |
[36:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:00] | David, did you ever go back to any of the crime scenes? | 大卫 你有没有回过犯罪现场 |
[37:05] | All the time. | 经常回去 |
[37:06] | Was it because you felt guilt or remorse? | 你是因为感到愧疚或悔恨吗 |
[37:10] | Nah. | 不是 |
[37:11] | If I struck out or there were too many cops, | 如果我失败了或现场有太多警察 |
[37:13] | I’d go back to where I did a job. | 我会回到作过案的地方 |
[37:15] | You’d relive it. | 你想回味 |
[37:18] | Every detail. | 每个细节 |
[37:22] | Sometimes, I rolled around in the dirt where they died, | 有时我在她们死去的地上打滚 |
[37:25] | just to feel it. | 就是想感受一下 |
[37:27] | Did you…? | 你有没有… |
[37:33] | Masturbate? | 自慰吗 |
[37:34] | Oh, yeah. | 当然有 |
[37:36] | But not there. At home. | 但不是在现场 在家里 |
[37:39] | Again, I never fantasized about sex with violence. | 重申一次 我从没幻想过暴力性爱 |
[37:44] | Those two things were always separate. | 那两件事从来都是分开的 |
[37:46] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[37:54] | Even if he takes souvenirs, your guy, | 就算你们的罪犯带走了纪念品 |
[37:58] | I guarantee you he goes back. | 我保证 他还是会回来的 |
[38:01] | You can’t resist it. | 他根本抗拒不了 |
[38:04] | Maybe he just drives by. | 也许他就是开车经过 |
[38:07] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[38:12] | His own narcissism forces him to admit | 他的自恋情结迫使他承认 |
[38:14] | that the demons were fabricated. | 恶魔是他编造出来的 |
[38:15] | The thought of someone else profiting from his fame was unbearable. | 他难以忍受有别人利用他的名声获利 |
[38:19] | Your instincts were right. | 你的直觉是对的 |
[38:20] | A schizophrenic wouldn’t be able to turn the voices on and off. | 精神分裂患者是无法选择打开和关掉声音的 |
[38:23] | Crazed killer or possessed, what’s the difference? | 疯狂杀手和被恶魔附身有区别吗 |
[38:25] | He can’t tolerate his image tarnished by insanity. | 他无法容忍他的形象被精神错乱玷污了 |
[38:28] | The demons make him special. | 恶魔令他变得格外特别 |
[38:30] | A warrior battling insurmountable evil. | 一个与难以战胜的邪恶斗争的战士 |
[38:33] | Crazy’s just weak. | 疯狂则太软弱无力 |
[38:34] | You know what’s really surprising is that despite appearances, | 真正让我感到意外的是 不管表面如何 |
[38:37] | his crimes are psycho-sexually motivated. | 他的犯罪的确是由性心理激发的 |
[38:39] | He kept making the point that his sexual fantasies | 他一直强调他的性幻想 |
[38:42] | were separate from the violence. | 和暴力是分开的 |
[38:43] | He did not want his gun mistaken for his penis. | 他不想人们把他的枪看成他的鸡巴 |
[38:45] | He did choose a .44. | 但他选择了一把点44口径的枪 |
[38:46] | That goes back to public image conflicting with self-image. | 这就要说到公众形象和自我形象产生矛盾了 |
[38:49] | Sex offenders are perverts. | 性侵犯是变态 |
[38:51] | He’s a tormented genius. | 他是个备受折磨的天才 |
[38:53] | When the media got that wrong, he corrected the narrative. | 媒体弄错后 他就修正了情节 |
[38:55] | So is he getting off on publicity more than the killings? | 公众注意比起杀戮更能满足他性欲吗 |
[38:58] | It’s both. | 两者都有 |
[38:58] | The killings were foreplay, | 杀戮是前戏 |
[39:00] | but he was just as concerned with how he was perceived. | 但他同样在乎他在公众眼中的形象 |
[39:02] | Naming himself, communicating with the media. | 给自己取名 和媒体交流 |
[39:05] | It all adds up to control. | 这些都引向了控制 |
[39:06] | And Berkowitz can’t control how women treat him | 伯科威茨控制不了女人怎么对待他 |
[39:08] | or how he fits into his family. | 或者他在家里的地位 |
[39:10] | So he creates this monstrous persona, | 所以他创造了一个荒诞的人物 |
[39:13] | but really he’s just a dumpy, awkward mailman. | 但他实际上只是个矮胖笨拙的邮差 |
[39:16] | If we go by what Berkowitz said, BTK trolls every night. | 如果遵循伯科威茨说的 BTK每晚去寻找猎物 |
[39:20] | No one could hold down a real job, have a family, | 没人能同时保有一份正经工作 组建家庭 |
[39:23] | hunt, visit their crime scenes. He’s got a menial job at best. | 猎捕和重返犯罪现场 他顶多只有份低贱的工作 |
[39:26] | – And no real relationships. – Certainly not with women. | -且没有真正的恋爱关系 -和女人肯定没有 |
[39:29] | Based on Berkowitz, | 根据伯科威茨 |
[39:30] | we’re gonna have to open up an entire new category. | 我们得开启一个全新的分类 |
[39:32] | We’ve been looking at whether killers | 我们一直在看杀手是否 |
[39:34] | follow their stories in the media, like Kemper did. | 会像坎伯那样关注媒体对他们的报道 |
[39:36] | But now we have to consider how they use the media | 但现在我们得考虑他们如何利用媒体 |
[39:38] | to create their own mythologies. | 创造自己的神话 |
[39:40] | So Berkowitz, what is he? | 那伯科威茨到底是哪一类 |
[39:44] | He’s not schizophrenic. Does virtually no preplanning. | 他没有精神分裂症 不预先做计划 |
[39:47] | Has an absurd supernatural explanation if caught. | 有一套荒谬超自然的说辞 被捕时用来开脱 |
[39:50] | And there are definite sexual components to his crimes. | 他的犯罪里显然有性元素 |
[39:53] | Organized or disorganized? | 有组织还是无组织 |
[39:54] | Does he get a promotion now that he’s not talkin’ to dogs? | 他现在不跟狗说话了 能给他提升吗 |
[39:57] | Overall, I’d say he’s more organized than not. | 总的说来 我认为他还是有组织的 |
[40:01] | Who’d have thunk? | 谁能想到 |
[40:12] | Hey, Bill. | 比尔 |
[40:15] | How was he? | 他表现怎么样 |
[40:17] | A little stiff at first. | 刚开始有点拘谨 |
[40:18] | But then back to his old cocksure self. | 然后就恢复了以前极度自信的样子 |
[40:21] | – You read it. – Hmm. Still think we need to be cautious. | -你也看记录了 -我还是觉得我们得小心 |
[40:25] | I think he’s back. | 我觉得他恢复原状了 |
[40:31] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[40:32] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[40:48] | 比尔・坦奇 | |
[41:13] | Good evening. Uh, is Nancy Tench home? | 晚上好 南茜・坦奇在吗 |
[41:17] | I’m her husband. Can I help you? | 我是她丈夫 有何贵干 |
[41:19] | I’m Detective Spencer with Fredericksburg PD. | 我是弗雷德里克斯堡警局的斯宾塞警探 |
[41:21] | Special Agent Tench. | 特别探员坦奇 |
[41:22] | FBI. | 联调局 |
[41:24] | What can I do for ya? | 有什么能帮你的 |
[41:25] | I’m so sorry. Detective Art Spencer. | 抱歉 我是阿尔特・斯宾塞警探 |
[41:28] | Mrs. Tench, are you the Realtor for 1159 Cimmaron Court? | 坦奇夫人 你是希莫伦院街1159号住宅的房产经纪吗 |
[41:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:33] | You need to know that the residence is, | 很不幸地通知你 |
[41:35] | unfortunately, a crime scene. | 那所房子成了罪案现场 |
[41:36] | – What? Has there been a break-in? – No, there’s been a… | -什么 有人非法闯入吗 -不 是… |
[41:41] | body found in the garage. | 车库里发现了一具尸体 |
[41:45] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[41:46] | We’re investigating it as a homicide. | 我们目前当做是凶杀案在调查 |
[41:50] | I’m afraid I can’t disclose… | 恐怕我不能透露细节 |
[41:53] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[41:56] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[41:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[41:59] | – Can I get you some water, anything? – No, thank you. | -你需要喝水吗 -不用 谢谢 |
[42:02] | I’ve just come from notifying next of kin. | 我刚去通知了其直系亲属 |
[42:05] | – That is rough. – Oh, my God. | -那可是艰难的工作 -我的天 |
[42:06] | I’m sorry, how can we help? | 抱歉 我们能做什么 |
[42:09] | I need to ask a few questions. | 我需要问几个问题 |
[42:10] | Ma’am, who has access to or has recently entered the premises? | 夫人 谁有办法进入或最近进入过那房子 |
[42:15] | Um, just me and the owner. I’ve only shown it twice. | 就我和房东 我只带人参观过两次 |
[42:18] | There’s a lockbox. The combination is the street address. | 有个密码箱 密码是街道地址 |
[42:21] | I know that’s not very secure. | 我知道不是很安全 |
[42:22] | Is it possible any of the doors | 有没有可能 |
[42:24] | may have been left open by mistake? | 忘记关某扇门了呢 |
[42:25] | No, I’m always so careful. | 不会 我总是很小心 |
[42:27] | What about the yard? Do you have a regular crew? | 院子呢 有固定维护人员吗 |
[42:29] | That’s supposed to be me, but I’m afraid I never got there. | 本应是我 但我从没去过 |
[42:32] | I’ll need to get the names of anyone | 我需要知道 |
[42:34] | that you’ve taken through the house. | 你带进过屋子的人的名字 |
[42:35] | Of course. | 当然 |
[42:37] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[42:48] | This one’s got me a little shook up, Agent Tench. | 这事让我有点震惊 坦奇探员 |
[42:50] | Bill. I get it. | 叫我比尔 我能体会 |
[42:52] | I work in a special homicide unit myself. | 我自己就是在特别凶杀组里工作 |
[42:55] | I’ve seen plenty of things that kept me up at night. | 我见过很多让我彻夜难眠的事物 |
[42:58] | Anything you wanna share? | 有什么你想分享的吗 |
[43:00] | I really shouldn’t discuss the particulars. | 我不能讨论细节 |
[43:01] | Understood. | 明白 |
[43:03] | I didn’t wanna scare your wife, | 我不想吓到你妻子 |
[43:04] | but I do need to get her shoes | 但我需要她上次 |
[43:05] | from when she was last in the garage. | 进入车库时所穿的鞋子 |
[43:08] | We have a lot of latent evidence, and we need to eliminate her. | 我们有很多潜在证据 需要排除她的嫌疑 |
[43:10] | Absolutely. Can I drop ’em by in the morning? | 当然 我能早上送过去吗 |
[43:12] | We’ll be there. | 没问题 |
[43:14] | Here are their names and numbers. They all seemed perfectly nice. | 这是他们的名字和号码 他们看上去都很和善 |
[43:16] | Thank you, ma’am. I’ll let you know as soon as we’re out. | 谢谢你 夫人 我们调查完后会立刻通知你 |
[43:19] | I’m so sorry to have barged in on your evening. | 抱歉这么晚来打扰你们 |
[43:20] | Not a problem. Let me know if I can do anything. | 没事 有什么需要尽管跟我说 |
[43:30] | He was rattled. | 他受到了惊吓 |
[43:32] | I can’t imagine. | 我难以想象 |
[43:33] | It’s… awful. | 太可怕了 |
[43:35] | That just doesn’t happen around here. | 这一带从没发生过这种事 |
[43:38] | It happens everywhere, Nance. | 这种事到处都有的 南茜 |