时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Hey, hey, little man. | 小家伙 |
[00:22] | What you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[00:23] | Nothin’. | 没干什么 |
[00:25] | Need a ride? | 需要搭车吗 |
[00:26] | I’m good. | 不用了 |
[00:28] | Where you goin’? | 你去哪 |
[00:29] | I’m goin’ to the store. | 我去商店 |
[00:31] | I’ll give you a ride. | 我送你一程吧 |
[00:32] | It’s just right there. | 就在那边 |
[00:34] | Scared, huh? | 怕了吗 |
[00:36] | I ain’t scared. | 我不怕 |
[00:37] | Yeah, you scared. | 你就是怕了 |
[00:39] | And I had a job for you. | 我有份工作给你 |
[00:41] | What kind of job? | 什么样的工作 |
[00:42] | Payin’ kind. | 付钱的 |
[00:43] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[00:44] | – Two dollars. – What I gotta do? | -两美元 -要我做什么 |
[00:46] | Nah, you scared. | 不 你怕了 |
[00:48] | I’m not scared! | 我才不怕 |
[00:49] | Hop in, then. | 那你上来 |
[01:00] | Where’s my two dollars? | 我的两美元呢 |
[01:02] | Job first. | 先做工作 |
[02:19] | 心 理 神 探 | |
[02:56] | Okay, that’s four. | 好 这都四个了 |
[02:57] | – You want me to keep doin’ this all day? – No, that’s enough. | -还要我继续做一天吗 -不 够了 |
[03:01] | Now what the fuck I’m gonna do with them? | 我要拿他们怎么办 |
[03:03] | Show ’em your badge, | 给他们看你的警徽 |
[03:04] | tell ’em never to get into a car with a stranger again, | 告诉他们再不要上陌生人的车 |
[03:06] | then take ’em for ice cream. | 然后带他们去吃冰淇淋 |
[03:07] | I want my two dollars! | 我要我的两美元 |
[03:08] | – Yeah, we want our dollars! – Where’s my two dollars? | -是啊 我们要两美元 -我的两美元呢 |
[03:10] | And give them each two dollars. | 给他们的两美元 |
[03:14] | No singles? | 没零的 |
[03:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:18] | 马里兰州 桑德镇 | |
[03:27] | Hey, guys. | 各位 |
[03:28] | – How are ya? – You lost? | -你们好吗 -你迷路了吗 |
[03:30] | No. I’m lookin’ for some help. | 没 我需要些帮手 |
[03:32] | I’ve got a project, and I’ll pay you boys two dollars an hour. | 我有个项目 我可以付你们每小时两美元 |
[03:35] | You a cop? | 你是警察吗 |
[03:39] | If you wanna take the job, my car is… | 如果你们想要这份工作 我的车… |
[03:40] | You’re supposed to say yes if you are. | 如果你是 就该说是 |
[03:42] | – I could pay all four of you. – Pull your dick out! | -你们四个我都可以雇 -把�拍贸隼� |
[03:45] | – Excuse me? – You’re not a cop, show your dick. | -什么 -如果你不是警察 就掏�懦隼� |
[03:48] | A cop won’t show his dick. | 警察是不会露鸟的 |
[03:49] | – Go on, pull it out. – Hey, mister! | -来啊 掏吧 -先生 |
[03:52] | – What the fuck you want? – Sorry, ma’am. | -你想干什么 -抱歉 女士 |
[03:54] | They got every right to play and mind they own business. | 他们有权利自己玩自己的 |
[03:56] | Sorry, ma’am. I didn’t mean to… | 抱歉 女士 我没… |
[03:57] | If you got something to say, | 如果你有话要说 |
[03:58] | you say it to me. ‘Cause I don’t allow my grandkids | 就跟我说 我可不许我的孙子 |
[04:00] | – to talk to strangers. – Yes, ma’am. Thank you. | -跟陌生人说话 -是 女士 谢谢 |
[04:02] | Now get your ass outta… | 给我滚… |
[04:40] | Fairfield Police Department. | 费尔菲尔德警局 |
[04:42] | – Detective McGraw, please. – One moment, please. | -我找麦格劳警探 -请稍等 |
[04:48] | – Who’s this? – Hello. This is Special Agent Bill Tench, | -谁啊 -你好 我是特别探员比尔・坦奇 |
[04:50] | – FBI. – Oh. I’m Detective Needham. | -联调局 -我是尼德姆警探 |
[04:53] | Can I help you with something? | 有什么可以帮助你的 |
[04:55] | I was hoping to speak with Detective McGraw. | 我是想找麦格劳警探 |
[04:57] | Yeah, uh… | 嗯… |
[04:59] | McGraw’s no longer with us. | 麦格劳已经不在了 |
[05:00] | You have a number for him? I consulted on a case with him. | 你有他的号码吗 我找他问过一件案子 |
[05:03] | He, um… He’s no longer… with us. | 他…已经不在了 |
[05:07] | He passed. | 他去世了 |
[05:09] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[05:10] | Yeah, neighbors put in a welfare call. | 是啊 邻居上门查看他 |
[05:13] | They found him just sittin’ in front of the TV. | 发现他就坐在电视机前 |
[05:16] | Do you know who has his cases now? | 你知道现在他的案子归谁了吗 |
[05:18] | That would be me. | 是我 |
[05:19] | Did McGraw ever close the Ada Jeffries case? | 麦格劳结了艾达・杰弗里斯的案子了吗 |
[05:22] | Jeffries? | 杰弗里斯 |
[05:23] | Woman who swept up at the church. Had a young son. | 打扫教堂的那女人 有个年幼的儿子 |
[05:25] | Right. Terrible. | 对了 真是惨 |
[05:28] | No, that went cold. | 不 那成了悬案 |
[05:29] | There was… just nothin’ to go on. | 实在…没有线索 |
[05:32] | Sorry, I can’t help you. | 抱歉 我帮不了你 |
[05:33] | I understand. Appreciate it. | 我能理解 多谢了 |
[05:36] | – And sorry again about McGraw. – Thank you, sir. | -再次为麦格劳表示遗憾 -谢谢 长官 |
[05:45] | Bill. Good morning. | 比尔 早上好 |
[05:47] | You’re just in time. | 你来得正巧 |
[05:49] | Holden’s come across something, | 霍顿有发现 |
[05:50] | and he would like for us to weigh in. | 他想听听我们的意见 |
[05:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:00] | Over a period of 7 months, | 在七个月间 |
[06:01] | 11 children have disappeared in Atlanta. | 亚特兰大共有11个孩子失踪 |
[06:03] | Eight have been found murdered. | 八人已被发现遭杀害 |
[06:04] | Not one case has been solved. | 没有一桩案子得以侦破 |
[06:06] | Not one case has any suspects or even a viable witness. | 没有一桩案子有嫌疑人 甚至目击者 |
[06:10] | The red pins mark where the kids were last seen alive. | 红针标记了孩子们最后被见到活着的地方 |
[06:13] | The black pins mark where their bodies were found. | 黑针标记了他们尸体被发现的地方 |
[06:15] | – I’ve worked up a profile. – Wait a minute. | -我已拼凑了一份侧写 -等等 |
[06:17] | Were you asked to consult on this case? | 你受邀参与此案了吗 |
[06:20] | Not exactly. | 并没有 |
[06:21] | What exactly does “Not exactly” Mean? | “并没有”是什么意思 |
[06:22] | Not by anyone with authority. | 没有受当局之邀 |
[06:24] | Then we can’t get involved. You know that. | 那我们就不能插手 你知道的 |
[06:26] | – We could offer our help. – We don’t consult unless we’re asked. | -我们可以提出要帮忙 -我们要受邀才能参与 |
[06:29] | Asked about what? | 受什么邀 |
[06:30] | Ted. | 泰德 |
[06:32] | We were just talking about Atlanta. | 我们刚刚在谈亚特兰大的事 |
[06:33] | – Hance and Pierce? – No. | -汉斯和皮尔斯吗 -不是 |
[06:37] | Eight murdered children, three missing. | 八名儿童被杀 三名失踪 |
[06:39] | We were just discussing that it didn’t fall within our purview. | 我们刚刚在谈此事不在我们职权范围内 |
[06:42] | There’ve been telexes coming in on this recently. | 近来有关于这事的电报发来 |
[06:44] | – You know about them? – We got a report | -你知道这事吗 -我们几周前接到了 |
[06:46] | from the Atlanta field office a few weeks ago | 亚特兰大办事处的报告 |
[06:48] | – about a young girl who’d been abducted. – Victim nine. | -关于一名被绑架的小姑娘 -9号受害人 |
[06:53] | LaTonya Wilson. Taken from her own home while she slept. | 拉塔娅・威尔森 在睡梦中被从家中带走 |
[06:55] | No ransom call ever materialized. | 没人打来勒索电话 |
[06:57] | To date, there’s no federal crime. | 到目前不算联邦犯罪 |
[06:58] | The mayor requested we get involved, | 市长要求我们插手 |
[07:00] | but I don’t think Justice | 但我看司法部 |
[07:01] | wants to touch this with a ten-foot pole. | 根本不想靠近此案 |
[07:02] | That’s pretty definitive. | 这就没办法了 |
[07:06] | But it could be an opportunity. | 但这可能是个机会 |
[07:08] | This is getting national attention. | 这事开始获得全国关注了 |
[07:10] | – You’ve done some research? – I’ve developed an initial profile | -你做过研究了吗 -我已建立了初步侧写 |
[07:12] | and was running it by the unit | 正要跟小组讨论 |
[07:13] | – to get their input. – I’d like to hear it. | -听取他们的意见 -我也想听听 |
[07:20] | Most of the children | 大部分孩子 |
[07:21] | disappeared in the normal course of their lives: | 都在日常的生活中失踪 |
[07:24] | running errands, on their way home. | 去办事 回家路上 |
[07:26] | Broad daylight, no one’s seen a thing. | 大白天 却没人看到情况 |
[07:28] | The children are all black, between 7 and 14. | 孩子们都是黑人 7到14岁 |
[07:31] | All but two are male. | 除了两个 都是男孩 |
[07:33] | We have no murder scenes, | 我们没发现杀人现场 |
[07:34] | just sites where the bodies were left postmortem. | 只有死后弃尸的地点 |
[07:36] | Now, I’m not saying I believe all of these cases are linked. | 我不是说我认为这些案件都是相关的 |
[07:40] | – Then what are you saying? – That there are indicators | -那你什么意思 -这其中有 |
[07:42] | of a compulsive killer. | 强迫性杀手的迹象 |
[07:43] | – Such as? – One child’s body was washed, | -比如 -一个孩子的尸体被洗刷过 |
[07:45] | another was found with someone else’s underwear | 另一个女孩被发现时 嘴里被塞了 |
[07:47] | stuffed in her mouth. | 其他人的内裤 |
[07:48] | Several died from manual strangulation. | 多个孩子死因是扼死 |
[07:51] | I’ve done some research, and… | 我做了研究 |
[07:55] | – I have an instinct. – Holden. | -我有个直觉 -霍顿 |
[07:57] | Let him finish, please. | 请让他说完 |
[08:00] | They should be looking for a black male, | 他们应该找一名黑人 |
[08:02] | mid to late twenties. | 25到30岁 |
[08:06] | Go on. | 继续 |
[08:08] | That’s it. | 就这样了 |
[08:12] | No white person could go unnoticed in these neighborhoods. | 白人在这些社区是不会不被注意到的 |
[08:14] | We should have multiple eyewitness accounts, but we have none. | 那会留下很多目击者 但现在没有 |
[08:18] | Bill, what do you think? | 比尔 你觉得呢 |
[08:20] | With all due respect to my partner, | 并无对我的搭档 |
[08:22] | and his nearly infallible instincts, | 和他几乎完美的直觉不敬 |
[08:25] | I couldn’t begin to work up a profile at this stage. | 换了我现在根本没法建立侧写 |
[08:27] | I’d have to do a lot more honest-to-God, on-the-ground legwork. | 还需要做更多跑腿的实地工作 |
[08:31] | I agree with Holden’s presumption | 我同意霍顿的推测 |
[08:32] | that if the cases are connected, | 如果案件是相关的 |
[08:34] | the unsub is likely black. | 不明嫌犯很可能是黑人 |
[08:36] | As to whether any are connected… | 至于案件是否相关 |
[08:37] | – Entirely uncertain. – Dr. Carr? What’s your opinion? | -这完全不能确定 -卡尔博士 你认为呢 |
[08:40] | Nothing Holden’s presented could be mistaken for scientific. | 霍顿所呈现的一切毫无科学依据 |
[08:43] | As to the profile, there’s some common sense there, | 至于侧写 是符合常理 |
[08:46] | but we need to be able to support our hypotheses. | 但我们得有办法为假设提供依据 |
[08:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:51] | This is below our radar. | 这事不归我们管 |
[08:53] | For now. | 暂时还不 |
[08:54] | Stay current with it. | 继续跟进 |
[08:58] | Use that instinct of yours. | 好好利用你的直觉 |
[09:00] | You’ll just have to do it from the comfort of Quantico. | 但你得在匡提科的舒适环境里用 |
[09:41] | Hello? | 在吗 |
[09:42] | Coming. | 来了 |
[09:49] | I’m so overdressed. | 我打扮得太隆重了 |
[09:50] | No, not at all. | 不 完全没有 |
[09:52] | Come on. Let’s go. | 来 我们走 |
[09:57] | Whe… Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[10:01] | You’re gonna love it. | 你会喜欢的 |
[10:12] | You’re really getting this. | 你打得真好 |
[10:14] | I mean, I feel like I would be better | 我觉得如果我穿对了鞋 |
[10:16] | if I was wearing the proper footwear. | 应该能打得更好 |
[10:18] | So rent some. I mean, they go with everything. | 那就去租一双 这鞋百搭的 |
[10:20] | Do you have any idea who’s been wearing those? | 你知道谁穿过那鞋吗 |
[10:23] | It’s your call. | 你决定吧 |
[10:24] | I just think it’s an unfair advantage. | 我就是觉得这是不公平的优势 |
[10:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:29] | Fuck the shoes. | 不穿鞋了 |
[10:31] | Watch and learn. | 看着 好好学 |
[10:43] | How do you do that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[10:45] | Good clean living. | 生活作风好 |
[10:52] | Can I ask you a question? | 能问你个问题吗 |
[10:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:55] | Shouldn’t you be a professor of something? | 你不应该是个教授什么的吗 |
[10:58] | Federal Bureau of Investigations feels very, | 联调局感觉很… |
[11:01] | I don’t know, not you. | 就不像你 |
[11:03] | – There wasn’t a question in there. – Sure, there was. | -这里没有包含问题 -有啊 |
[11:07] | I was nearly a “professor of something.” | 我差点成了个教授 |
[11:10] | – But? – It just wasn’t for me. | -但是 -不适合我 |
[11:13] | You know, I’m fascinated by extreme people, and at Quantico, | 我痴迷于极端的人 而在匡提科 |
[11:15] | I get to study them up close. | 我能近距离研究他们 |
[11:16] | Oh, it’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for. | 最需要留意的是那些不声不响的 |
[11:20] | Do you do this a lot? | 你常这么做吗 |
[11:21] | Wear other people’s shoes? | 穿其他人的鞋吗 |
[11:23] | Or date? | 还有约会 |
[11:25] | I date a fair amount, I guess. | 我约会不多不少吧 |
[11:27] | Never an FBI agent, though. | 但没约过联调局探员 |
[11:28] | A consultant. | 是顾问 |
[11:29] | Right. Yeah, most of my dates go to the same barber. | 是哦 我大部分女伴都用一个理发师 |
[11:32] | Volleyball coaches, camp counselors. | 排球教练 夏令营辅导员 |
[11:35] | Oh, so I’m just here | 所以你跟我出来 |
[11:35] | – because I look good in a skirt. – Because you own a skirt. | -是因为我穿裙子好看 -因为你穿裙子 |
[11:44] | What about you? Dating? | 你呢 约会吗 |
[11:50] | I was with someone for a long time. | 我跟一个人处了很久 |
[11:51] | I’m guessing General Patton thinks you’re waiting for Mr. Right? | 我猜巴顿将军以为你在等待白马王子吧 |
[11:54] | I mean, “People see what they wanna see.” | “人们只会看到自己想看到的东西”嘛 |
[11:57] | No, I just feel that it’s, uh… It’s easier to compartmentalize | 不 我就是觉得把我生活的那部分 |
[12:00] | that part of my life. | 分隔开更轻松 |
[12:01] | This is not gonna work. | 这样是不行的 |
[12:07] | Here. | 来 |
[12:08] | Try this one. It’s on the lighter side. | 拿这个 更轻一些 |
[12:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:20] | Gotta get to the center of the lane. | 得走到球道中央 |
[12:24] | All right, square up. | 好 身体挺直 |
[12:26] | Shoulders to the pins. | 肩膀对准球瓶 |
[12:28] | And bring the ball up. | 把球举起来 |
[12:31] | Higher, to your chest. | 高点 到胸口 |
[12:33] | Uh, now, if you can see the ball… | 好了 如果你能看到球 |
[12:36] | and the center pins in a straight line… | 和中央球瓶成一条直线 |
[12:40] | Yeah! | 好啊 |
[12:41] | You have a chance in hell of hitting something. | 那你就有机会打到东西 |
[12:44] | Now, put your weight on your left foot. | 把重心移到左脚 |
[12:47] | Take a deep breath and just do it. | 深呼吸 打出去 |
[13:01] | Progress. | 有进步 |
[13:04] | Not quite enough, but not bad for your first time. | 还不太好 但第一次玩也不错了 |
[13:07] | Yeah, you’re so sure that I didn’t just let you win? | 你就确定我不是放水吗 |
[13:09] | Oh, I am so sure. | 我非常确定 |
[13:18] | So, this long-time person, | 这个长期恋爱对象 |
[13:23] | there a story there? | 有什么故事吗 |
[13:23] | Oh, it’s a cliché. | 很老套的 |
[13:25] | I mean, I was the bright, | 我是年轻 |
[13:26] | young student, she was the wise professor. | 聪明的学生 她是睿智的教授 |
[13:29] | You know, so wise that I barely took a breath | 睿智到我哪怕吸口气 |
[13:30] | without seeking her approval, | 都想征求她的认可 |
[13:32] | which, of course, I never got. | 当然了 她从未认可过我 |
[13:35] | So it’s your turn. | 该你了 |
[13:37] | What on earth are you doing tending the fern? | 你为什么会做酒保 |
[13:40] | Don’t knock it. It’s a great way to pick up chicks. | 别瞧不起 可是泡妞的好办法 |
[13:42] | I seem to recall being your only prospect in there. | 我似乎记得我是你唯一的机会 |
[13:45] | But really, is there something else? | 但说真的 还有别的吗 |
[13:48] | Like something that you would like to do that’s… | 你更想做的事 |
[13:50] | – Better? – No, I… I didn’t mean it like… | -更好的吗 -不 不是那意思 |
[13:52] | No, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[13:53] | I don’t think everybody’s life has to be all about their job. | 我不认为大家的生活都要围着工作转 |
[13:56] | You know, I get to be myself there, and the guys… | 我在那里可以做自己 那些男人 |
[13:59] | Sometimes I’m the only person in their lives | 有时 我是他们生活中 |
[14:01] | who isn’t judging them. | 唯一不批判他们的人 |
[14:03] | I don’t have to hide who I am. | 我不需要掩藏自己 |
[14:05] | Is that the most important thing, though? | 但那是最重要的吗 |
[14:07] | I didn’t use to think so. | 我以前不那么想 |
[14:08] | But I made myself a promise | 但我向自己承诺 |
[14:10] | to live with as much honesty as possible. | 要尽可能诚实地生活 |
[14:13] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[14:16] | Sometimes it’s comforting to know | 有时 知道自己已经做了 |
[14:18] | you’ve already done the worst thing | 这辈子能做的最坏的事 |
[14:19] | you could ever do in your life. | 反而是种安慰 |
[14:21] | I left my husband and blew everything up. | 我离开了我丈夫 搞砸了一切 |
[14:24] | I’d already done what my parents wanted, what he wanted. | 我已经做了我父母和他希望我做的事 |
[14:27] | We had a kid. | 我们生了个孩子 |
[14:28] | Tom’s a great dad. | 汤姆是个好爸爸 |
[14:29] | He’s just gonna be mad at me until he’s not anymore. | 他会一直气我到他不再气我 |
[14:33] | I don’t know if I’m ready to be a mom, | 我不知道我是否准备好当妈了 |
[14:34] | but I’m sure as shit not ready to be a wife. | 但我绝对没准备好做妻子 |
[14:40] | – Too much for date one? – No. | -第一次约会的信息量太大了吗 -不 |
[14:42] | No, just… just unexpected. | 不 就是没料到 |
[14:45] | If you want excruciating honesty, | 如果你想要令人痛苦的坦诚 |
[14:46] | you have come to the right place. | 你找对人了 |
[14:47] | I do. | 我想要 |
[14:48] | I’m just surprised. | 我就是觉得意外 |
[14:52] | You surprise me. | 你让我意外 |
[14:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:07] | Most teams have a dominant partner. | 大部分团伙都有一个做主的 |
[15:09] | In this case, that was Dean Corll, 30 years old. | 在这里是迪恩・科尔 30岁 |
[15:13] | Known around Houston as the Candy Man. | 在休斯顿被称为糖果人 |
[15:15] | Oh, I read about this. | 我读到过这个 |
[15:16] | He would give free candy to teenage boys, | 他会给少年免费糖果 |
[15:18] | then rape, torture, and kill them. | 然后强奸 折磨 杀害他们 |
[15:19] | I remember it was a huge case. | 我记得这是桩大案 |
[15:20] | What was it? 25 boys? | 一共多少 25个男孩吗 |
[15:22] | 28. But who’s counting? | 28个 但谁数了 |
[15:23] | Who gets into a car for Tootsie Rolls? | 谁会为了可可软糖上别人的车 |
[15:25] | Well, “Candy,” in this case, is a euphemism for drugs. | “糖果”在这里是毒品的婉辞 |
[15:30] | – Don’t worry, we’ll read up on the plane. – He’s dead. | -没事 我们飞机上看 -他死了 |
[15:33] | – Who? – The Candy Man. | -谁 -糖果人 |
[15:37] | – Then… – He’s not our subject. | -那… -他不是研究对象 |
[15:39] | The man who killed him is: Elmer Wayne Henley, Jr. | 杀他的人才是 小艾莫・韦恩・亨里 |
[15:43] | Henley was 14 when he first met Corll, the Candy Man. | 亨里认识糖果人科尔时才14岁 |
[15:47] | Police believe he assisted in 20 of the murders, though. | 警方认为他协助了20起凶案 |
[15:50] | Now he says his only role was to lure the boys in. | 但他现在说他的角色只是引诱男孩上车 |
[15:53] | In this confession, he admits to killing six. | 他在这份认罪书里承认杀了六人 |
[15:55] | That must’ve been before he got a lawyer. | 那肯定是他找律师之前认的 |
[15:57] | So we’re reading up on Henley, who’s not the Candy Man? | 我们要读亨里 不是糖果人的资料 |
[16:00] | Bill, if we’re gonna do this, we need to devote time to prepare. | 比尔 如果我们要做这个 就得花时间准备好 |
[16:04] | There’s a lot of material here. | 材料很多的 |
[16:10] | Uh, it’s the partner dynamic I’d like to focus on. | 我想关注的是搭档关系 |
[16:13] | Henley and another young man, David Brooks, | 亨里和另一个年轻人 大卫・布鲁克斯 |
[16:16] | 18, were acolytes of Corll’s. | 18岁 是科尔的助手 |
[16:19] | Their roles were clearly defined. | 他们的角色很明确 |
[16:20] | Brooks and Henley would procure victims | 布鲁克斯和亨里拿毒品和酒精 |
[16:23] | with the promise of drugs or alcohol. | 引诱受害人上钩 |
[16:25] | And then Corll would wait until they were inebriated | 然后科尔会等到他们喝醉后 |
[16:28] | and then handcuff them to his body board. | 把他们铐在他的绑人板上 |
[16:31] | Often two at a time. | 经常一次就俩 |
[16:32] | He would spend days raping, torturing, and then killing them. | 他会花数日强奸 折磨 然后杀害他们 |
[16:36] | Henley admits to witnessing everything | 亨里承认他看到了一切 |
[16:38] | but denies further participation. | 但否认有进一步参与 |
[16:40] | Watching is participation. | 看就是参与了 |
[16:41] | Who selected the victims? | 谁选的受害人 |
[16:43] | We think Henley | 我们认为是亨里 |
[16:44] | because they were often kids he knew from school. | 因为他们大都是他在学校认识的孩子 |
[16:46] | With friends like that… | 有那样的朋友… |
[16:47] | Corll offered $200 for every one he brought. | 他每带来一个 科尔给他两百 |
[16:50] | Told him it was for a sex ring. | 跟他说是做卖淫集团 |
[16:51] | – Hardly lets him off the hook. – Well, maybe for the first one. | -这并不能减轻他的罪恶 -或许第一个是这样 |
[16:53] | After that, he knew exactly what was gonna happen to those kids. | 但之后 他很清楚那些男孩会遭遇什么 |
[16:56] | Get this. Henley was originally brought to Corll as a victim. | 听着 亨里最初是作为受害人被带到科尔面前 |
[16:59] | He managed to talk his way off the rack, | 他设法说服科尔放了自己 |
[17:01] | but instead of turning Corll in, | 但他没举报科尔 |
[17:03] | he joined him. | 而是加入了他 |
[17:03] | Corll must have had tremendous sway over this kid. | 科尔对这孩子肯定有很大的影响力 |
[17:06] | Come on, unless someone holds a gun to your head… | 得了 除非有人拿枪指着你的脑袋 |
[17:08] | So, how does a teenager go from victim | 一个少年是怎么从受害人 |
[17:10] | to facilitator to participant? | 变成帮凶 变成参与者的 |
[17:11] | And finally… | 最后… |
[17:14] | avenger… of sorts. | 成了复仇者…算是吧 |
[17:16] | It all ended when Henley brought Corll a boy and a girl. | 一切结束于亨里带了一男一女给科尔 |
[17:18] | Corll wasn’t happy about the girl, | 科尔不喜欢那女孩 |
[17:20] | so he put them all on the body board. | 就把他们都绑在了绑人板上 |
[17:22] | Henley talked Corll into releasing him, | 亨里说服了科尔放了他 |
[17:24] | but this time, he shot him. | 但这次 他打死了他 |
[17:25] | Homosexual jealousy. As soon as he brought a girl in, | 同性恋嫉妒 他一带了个女孩来 |
[17:28] | the whole thing fell apart. | 就全盘崩溃了 |
[17:29] | Well, sexuality is relevant as far as it pertains to victimology, | 就被害人选择而言性倾向是相关的 |
[17:32] | like their obvious preference for males, | 他们明显更喜欢男性 |
[17:34] | – but it’s not causal to violence. – Homosexuality is a deviance. | -但并非暴力的因由 -同性恋就是变态 |
[17:37] | Actually, it’s been removed from the DSM as a “disorder” | 其实 它已不再被判定为心理障碍 |
[17:40] | and changed to a “sexual orientation disturbance.” | 而改成了”性倾向紊乱” |
[17:43] | Sounds much better. | 听上去好多了 |
[17:44] | We need to understand the influence Corll exerted over Henley: | 我们需要了解科尔对亨里的影响力 |
[17:47] | was it fear, was it sexual? | 是恐惧 还是性 |
[17:48] | What did each get out of the partnership? | 他们各自从合作关系中得到了什么 |
[17:53] | Sorry, this is for you. | 抱歉 给你的 |
[17:58] | Gunn wants to see us in his office. | 甘恩要我们去他办公室 |
[18:03] | He means the three of us. | 我们三个 |
[18:13] | Another child reported missing in Atlanta. | 亚特兰大又有一名儿童被报失踪 |
[18:15] | This time, they received a ransom call. | 这次他们接到了勒索电话 |
[18:18] | “I’ve got Earl. He’s in Alabama. | “我抓到了厄尔 他在阿拉巴马 |
[18:20] | It’ll cost you $200 to get him back.” | 想要他回来 你们得掏两百块 |
[18:22] | – Crossed state lines. – FBI has jurisdiction. That’s great. | -跨州界了 -联调局的案子了 太好了 |
[18:24] | It’s a way in. | 我们能插手了 |
[18:26] | DC’s assigned a case agent with expertise in kidnapping. | 华府派了一位专攻绑架的探员负责此案 |
[18:29] | And they’re looking at racial motivation. | 他们还在考虑种族动机 |
[18:31] | Apparently, the caller sounded white. | 据说来电者听上去像白人 |
[18:32] | But the victim fits the pattern? | 但受害人符合规律 |
[18:34] | – Young, male, black? – Exactly. | -年轻的黑人男子 -对 |
[18:36] | Earl Lee Terrell, 11 years old. I’m sending you both. | 厄尔・李・泰瑞尔 11岁 我要派你俩去 |
[18:40] | – When do we leave? – Today. | -什么时候走 -今天 |
[18:42] | I want you there for the duration. | 你们要全程跟进 |
[18:44] | Atlanta’s set up a dedicated task force to handle this. | 亚特兰大要为此案成立专案组 |
[18:46] | We’re going in under the guise of this kidnapping, | 我们以这宗绑架案的名义去 |
[18:49] | but let the case agent handle that. | 但让案件负责人去查 |
[18:51] | We’ll use it to look at the larger picture. | 我们利用它来调查全局 |
[18:54] | Be methodical. Do your legwork. | 一丝不苟 勤恳查案 |
[18:57] | And… follow your instincts. | 还有 听从你的直觉 |
[19:04] | And, Dr. Carr, I expect you to remain in close contact. | 卡尔博士 你要跟他们紧密联系 |
[19:08] | This case is now getting bureau attention. | 此案现在获得局里关注了 |
[19:10] | I want our methods to be seen as scientifically incontestable. | 我们的手段要在科学上无可争议 |
[19:19] | The caller might be white, but… | 来电者可能是白人 但… |
[19:20] | there’s no way he’s the one picking up the kids. | 他肯定不是去诱拐孩子的人 |
[19:23] | We rule nothing out. | 我们不能排除任何可能 |
[19:24] | Methodical. Legwork. | 一丝不苟 勤恳查案 |
[19:26] | You heard him, right? | 你听到了吧 |
[19:28] | I did. | 听到了 |
[19:29] | We look at every case. | 我们每件案子都要查 |
[19:32] | Why was I even in that meeting? | 为什么要叫我去参加会议 |
[19:34] | Was he just trying to make me feel better | 他就是想对科学表示尊重 |
[19:35] | by tipping his hat to science? | 来让我好受些吗 |
[19:38] | How many cases are there? | 一共有多少桩案子 |
[19:41] | This one makes 12. | 加上这件是12件了 |
[19:42] | Typically, how long would it take you to solve 12 murders? | 一般来说 侦破12件凶杀案要多久 |
[20:01] | Holden told me to cancel Henley. | 霍顿叫我取消亨里的约谈 |
[20:04] | When should I reschedule? | 我要重新安排在什么时候 |
[20:06] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[20:07] | It’s the murdered children that Holden’s been obsessed with. | 霍顿痴迷的是那些被杀的孩子 |
[20:10] | Gunn’s sending them to Atlanta | 甘恩要派他去亚特兰大 |
[20:11] | – until the case is resolved. – I see. | -直到案件侦破 -好吧 |
[20:18] | I can interview Henley. | 我可以去约谈亨里 |
[20:20] | It’s why I transferred here. | 我就是为此调来这里的 |
[20:22] | And we did the research. | 资料也是我们查的 |
[20:24] | We should do it together. | 我们应该一起去 |
[20:42] | 佐治亚州 亚特兰大 | |
[20:45] | – They’ve got their own building. – Who else would want it? | -他们还占了栋楼 -还有谁会想要这里 |
[20:53] | Guy knocks on the door, | 那人敲门 |
[20:54] | wearing a police cap, says he’s a cop. | 戴着警帽 自称是警察 |
[20:56] | Oldest trick in the book, right? | 最老的伎俩了 |
[20:58] | His accomplice, a woman, now she’s disguised as a man. | 他的同伙 一个女人 扮成了个男人 |
[21:02] | Right? | 是吧 |
[21:03] | – Now they chloroform the mother… – Not a lot of tasking | -他们用氯仿迷晕了那母亲 -专案组 |
[21:05] | at the task force. | 没怎么查案啊 |
[21:06] | Holden. | 霍顿 |
[21:07] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[21:10] | Good to see you. You on this full-time now? | 见到你很高兴 你专职查这个案吗 |
[21:13] | They needed a liaison. | 他们需要个联络人 |
[21:15] | I was up to speed. | 我了解情况 |
[21:16] | The only volunteer. | 也是唯一志愿参与的 |
[21:18] | – Agent Tench. – Bill. | -坦奇探员 -叫我比尔 |
[21:20] | Nice to see you again, Jim. | 很高兴再见到你 吉姆 |
[21:22] | – What are we walking into here? – A lot of sitting, waiting. | -现在是什么情况 -都坐着 等着 |
[21:25] | This place literally got set up a week ago. | 这地方是一周前才设立起来的 |
[21:27] | – No expense spared. – I brought the Mr. Coffee. | -不惜重金 -我带来了咖啡机 |
[21:30] | Feels more like a political response. | 感觉更像政治反应 |
[21:32] | We’re meant to stay in the background. | 我们按理是不能直接插手的 |
[21:34] | What about this latest kid? | 最新的这孩子什么情况 |
[21:35] | The ransom call’s supposed to come in at 6:00 p.m. | 勒索电话会在晚上6点打来 |
[21:38] | We were getting briefed by the case agent. | 我们在听取负责探员的报告 |
[21:40] | He got a little sidetracked. | 他有点分心了 |
[21:41] | We get the demand. | 我们收到了要求 |
[21:43] | Five hundred thousand. | 50万 |
[21:44] | – I’ll introduce you. – I mean, huge. | -我来介绍你们 -好大一笔 |
[21:46] | We’re seconds away from making the drop | 我们马上就要去送钱了 |
[21:48] | when these two local cops drive by, killed the whole thing. | 结果俩本地警察开了过来 搞砸了一切 |
[21:51] | No offense, they were from Gwinnett County. | 没别的意思 但他们是格威纳特县的 |
[21:55] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰 |
[21:56] | I want you to meet Agents Tench and Ford from Quantico. | 这两位是匡提科来的坦奇和福特探员 |
[21:59] | This is Ken Robbins from the Memphis Office. | 这是孟菲斯办事处的肯・罗杰斯 |
[22:01] | The basement boys. | 地下室的小子们 |
[22:03] | Well, you know it’s serious | 他们肯从 |
[22:04] | when they come down from the country club. | 乡村俱乐部屈尊降临肯定是很严重了 |
[22:06] | You boys bring your clubs? | 你们带球杆来了吗 |
[22:08] | This will all be over by eight o’clock. | 八点之前就能结束 |
[22:10] | Maybe make an early tee time tomorrow morning. | 或许还能赶上明早开球 |
[22:11] | This where he was taken? | 他是在这里被抓的吗 |
[22:13] | No, it’s where the call’s supposed to come in. | 不 电话要打去那里 |
[22:15] | We’ll set up an hour before. | 我们会提前一小时去布置 |
[22:17] | Keep all vehicles away from the house in case he’s watching. | 让车辆远离那里 以防他在监视 |
[22:20] | Three units ready to respond in the vicinity. | 周围有三组人准备响应 |
[22:23] | The rest will cover major access roads, here and here. | 其他的守住主要进出路 这里 这里 |
[22:29] | Where was he taken? | 他在哪里被抓走的 |
[22:30] | He’d been kicked out of a pool in Lakewood. | 他被赶出了莱克伍德的一个泳池 |
[22:33] | Here. For roughhousing. | 这里 因为吵闹 |
[22:34] | Last place he was seen. | 那是他最后被见到的地方 |
[22:36] | – Broad daylight. – Most likely, the kid just wandered off. | -大白天 -那孩子很可能是自己走丢了 |
[22:39] | Could even be a runaway. | 甚至可能是离家出走 |
[22:40] | Regardless, it’s doubtful this is a kidnapping. | 不管怎样 这很可能不是绑架 |
[22:43] | Two-hundred-dollars ransom? | 两百块的赎金 |
[22:45] | This is opportunistic extortion at best. | 至多也就是投机勒索 |
[22:47] | Two hundred dollar ransom? | 两百块的赎金 |
[22:49] | Let us know if you come up short. | 如果你不够跟我们说 |
[22:52] | Anyway, so the kidnappers… | 总之 绑匪… |
[22:53] | Looks like they really did a lot of legwork on this one. | 看来他们为此做了不少调查呢 |
[22:56] | Do you have the files on the others? | 你有其他人的案卷吗 |
[22:59] | I can walk you through what I know. We’ve got a little time. | 我可以给你讲讲我了解到的 我们有时间 |
[23:02] | The safety commissioner’s coming by this afternoon. | 安全专员今天下午来 |
[23:06] | He’s the mayor’s right hand. He wants to meet the FBI. | 他是市长的副手 想见见联调局的人 |
[23:09] | Well, at least we’ll look like we’re doing somethin’. | 至少我们看上去像在干活儿 |
[23:20] | Always fall back on protocol. | 永远以规程做依靠 |
[23:22] | You know, work your way through the questions. | 一个个问题问 |
[23:25] | I want to spend time on the family section. | 我想多问问家庭这部分问题 |
[23:27] | Watch his reaction. | 观察他的反应 |
[23:28] | He met Corll in ninth grade | 他九年级时认识了科尔 |
[23:30] | when a kid’s primary motivation is to fit in. | 当时孩子最主要的心理是融入大家 |
[23:33] | And being with someone older would distinguish him. | 而结交年长的朋友能让他鹤立鸡群 |
[23:35] | You know, elevate him among his peers. | 在同伴中提升他的地位 |
[23:38] | What I keep thinking about | 我总在想 |
[23:39] | is Henley once helped put up missing posters | 亨里曾帮助受害者家庭 |
[23:41] | for a victim’s family. | 张贴寻人海报 |
[23:42] | A year later, he delivered that same kid’s brother to Corll. | 一年后 他又把那孩子的兄弟交给了科尔 |
[23:47] | How does someone do that? | 人怎么能做出这种事 |
[23:48] | Well, maybe, for once, | 或许我们这次 |
[23:49] | we’re gonna get all our questions answered. | 能得到所有问题的答案了 |
[23:53] | Thank you for doing this. | 谢谢你这么做 |
[23:54] | Frankly, I can’t believe I didn’t suggest it. | 老实说 我不知我自己怎么没提出 |
[23:57] | But his family history is gonna be important, | 但他的家庭历史会很重要 |
[23:59] | so you can’t let him off the hook on that. | 所以这个问题一定要让他回答 |
[24:04] | You ever been in a prison? | 你进过监狱吗 |
[24:06] | Uh, yeah. In grad school. | 是的 念研究生时 |
[24:09] | We need to get his reaction to his father’s violent behavior. | 我们得观察他对父亲暴力行为的反应 |
[24:12] | I mean, does he excuse it? Did he try to appease his father? | 他为此开脱吗 他会姑息父亲吗 |
[24:15] | What was it like? | 那是什么样 |
[24:17] | What? A white-collar prison? | 什么 白领监狱吗 |
[24:20] | Summer camp with razor wire. | 有钢丝网的夏令营 |
[24:22] | Were you ever left unsupervised? | 你有单独接触他们的时候吗 |
[24:24] | Sure. | 有 |
[24:26] | But I never felt unsafe. | 但我从未觉得不安全 |
[24:34] | 德州 亨茨维尔 | |
[24:45] | You don’t have to read it. | 你不用读的 |
[24:46] | I never sign anything without reading it first. | 我签字之前总会读一遍 |
[24:49] | You know, if a riot breaks out, we’re taken hostage, | 如果发生暴动 我们被劫持 |
[24:51] | it’s FBI policy not to negotiate. | 联调局的政策是不谈判 |
[24:53] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[24:56] | In any hostage situation, the women are always raped. | 在所有人质危机中 女人总会遭到强奸 |
[24:59] | Hmm, not exclusively. | 也不只是女人 |
[25:18] | This is Special Agent Greggory Jay Smith here | 这里是特别探员格雷格里・杰・史密斯 |
[25:21] | with Dr. Wendy Carr. | 和温迪・卡尔博士 |
[25:22] | With us today is Elmer Wayne Henley, Jr. | 今天与我们谈话的是小艾莫・韦恩・亨里 |
[25:25] | Thank you for meeting with us today. | 谢谢你今天愿意见我们 |
[25:28] | – I’m sure you must be… – Busy? | -你肯定… -很忙吗 |
[25:32] | So, uh, what we do is we… | 我们的工作是 |
[25:35] | we talk to people convicted of violent crimes | 找被判犯下暴力罪行的人谈话 |
[25:37] | about what it’s like to, uh, do what they… do. | 谈他们做那些事是什么感觉 |
[25:40] | And normally, we start with the family. | 我们一般先谈家庭背景 |
[25:42] | – What your parents were like… – I’m not reallly interested | -你父母是什么… -我不想 |
[25:44] | in talking about any of that. | 谈那些事 |
[25:46] | I’m sorry. What did you think we came all this way for? | 抱歉 你以为我们大老远来是为了什么 |
[25:49] | That’s on you. I didn’t ask you to come visit, | 那是你的事 我又没叫你们来 |
[25:52] | but I’m sayin’ plain what I will and won’t be addressin’. | 但我明确说了我不想说什么 |
[25:54] | I’m just looking for insights. | 我只想了解情况 |
[26:00] | It says here that… | 这里写了… |
[26:01] | Lots of things say lots of things. | 说过的话多了 |
[26:02] | Now, I know what happened. | 我清楚发生了什么 |
[26:03] | And I know what people say I did. | 我也知道人们说我做了什么 |
[26:06] | What do you know? You just read about it somewhere. | 你知道什么 你只是在什么地方读到的 |
[26:11] | If you don’t mind, let’s start with education. | 如果可以 我们先说说教育 |
[26:14] | – What is the highest grade you attend… – I do mind. | -你上的最高的年级… -不可以 |
[26:17] | – I’m sorry? – I’m not interested in talking about that. | -什么 -我不想谈那些 |
[26:23] | We’ll skip the section on education. | 那我们跳过教育的部分 |
[26:25] | Military. | 军队 |
[26:27] | Too young. We’ll skip this part too. | 太年轻 这部分也跳过 |
[26:30] | Here. Jobs. | 这里 工作 |
[26:32] | Description of job stability. | 工作稳定性描述 |
[26:34] | Which of these applies the most: generally stable, unstable, | 哪个最适用于你 一般稳定 不稳定 |
[26:38] | chronically unemployed? | 长期失业 |
[26:39] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[26:41] | How about, um… | 那么… |
[26:45] | Do you ever suffer from sleep disturbances, | 你有睡眠障碍 |
[26:47] | headaches, dizzy spells, blackouts? | 头疼 头晕 断片吗 |
[26:49] | Are all your questions stupider than shit? | 你的问题都那么愚蠢吗 |
[26:54] | We’re here to talk to you about the murder of Dean Corll | 我们想跟你谈谈迪恩・科尔的被杀 |
[26:57] | and your participation… | 和你的参与… |
[26:58] | I didn’t participate in anything. | 我没参与过什么 |
[27:00] | We can only go by your affidavit. | 我们只能依照你的宣誓书 |
[27:02] | I don’t care what that says I said. I never killed anyone. | 我才不管那上面说我说了什么 我没杀过人 |
[27:05] | Not unless you’re saying Dean was a killing. | 除非你认为迪恩那个算 |
[27:07] | I defended myself. Houston police can attest. | 我那是自卫 休斯顿警察可以作证 |
[27:10] | One moment. I’m… I’m sorry, Wayne. | 稍等 抱歉 韦恩 |
[27:13] | Don’t you call me that! | 不许那么喊我 |
[27:16] | Name’s Junior or Mr. Henley. | 叫我小艾或亨里先生 |
[27:17] | Don’t call me Elmer Wayne, or Elmer, or Wayne. | 不许叫我艾莫・韦恩 或艾莫 或韦恩 |
[27:21] | Don’t call me that ever. | 永远不许那么喊我 |
[27:24] | – Elmer Wayne! – You don’t like your father’s name? | -艾莫・韦恩 -你不喜欢你父亲的名字吗 |
[27:27] | – It speaks. – Hey, Wayne! | -它会说话 -韦恩 |
[27:30] | I thought they brought you in just to throw me off. | 我以为他们带你来是为了混淆我呢 |
[27:33] | So what is this? Like, a bad cop/good shrink situation? | 这算什么 坏警察 好心理医生吗 |
[27:36] | Do you not want to talk about your father? | 你不想谈你父亲吗 |
[27:39] | I thought you came to talk about me. | 我以为你们是来谈我的 |
[27:42] | We know that he hurt you when you were a child. | 我们知道你小的时候 他伤害过你 |
[27:45] | We know he hurt your mother too. | 我们知道他还伤害你母亲 |
[27:47] | Is that why you gravitated toward Dean Corll? | 所以你才跟迪恩・科尔走近了吗 |
[27:51] | Your mother told the police that Dean was like a father to you. | 你母亲对警察说 迪恩就像你的父亲 |
[27:54] | You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 你什么都不知道 |
[27:57] | Everyone of y’all are the same. | 你们都一样 |
[27:59] | So eager to come in here and stick cameras | 都急着冲进来 拿摄影机 |
[28:01] | or microphones in my face, but no one wants to hear | 和麦克风对着我 但都没人想听听 |
[28:02] | – what really happened. – I do. | -到底发生了什么 -我想听 |
[28:04] | Maybe you do. Maybe you don’t. | 或许吧 或许不是 |
[28:07] | Tired of it all. | 我都烦了 |
[28:08] | Your father, I imagine he thought very little of you. | 你父亲 他肯定很轻视你 |
[28:12] | He couldn’t see you as you were. | 他不能正视真正的你 |
[28:15] | You’re clearly intelligent, capable. | 你显然很聪明 能干 |
[28:19] | Dean saw that, didn’t he? | 迪恩就看到了这些 是吧 |
[28:20] | It must have been empowering | 有迪恩那样年长的朋友 |
[28:21] | to have an older friend like Dean have faith in you. | 相信你 肯定给了你莫大力量 |
[28:24] | Trust you enough to get the job done. | 相信你能完成任务 |
[28:27] | That’s what a real father is supposed to… | 真正的父亲就该如此 |
[28:31] | Did you see Dean as a father figure? | 你把迪恩视为父亲般的人物吗 |
[28:33] | Who’s your father figure? | 你的父亲人物是谁 |
[28:34] | Was it your daddy? | 是你爸爸吗 |
[28:37] | What did Daddy do to you? | 你爸爸对你做了什么 |
[28:39] | Girls like you wanna date guys like their daddy | 你这样的女孩都想约会爸爸那样的人 |
[28:41] | because they want them to treat ’em just like Daddy did. | 因为她们希望这些男人像她们父亲那样对她们 |
[28:45] | That about right? See, I could be a shrink too. | 是不是 看 我也能当心理医生 |
[28:48] | All you do is ask a lot of questions, make a lot of assumptions. | 你们不过是提好多问题 做好多假设 |
[28:51] | You know what assumptions tell me? | 知道假设告诉了我什么吗 |
[28:52] | Tell me a whole lot more about you than they do about me. | 比起我 假设更多暴露了你 |
[29:00] | I was in a relationship once that I think is very similar | 我曾跟人有一段关系 我认为那段关系 |
[29:03] | to the one that you were in with Dean. | 很类似你和迪恩的关系 |
[29:07] | She was my boss, | 她是我老板 |
[29:09] | my mentor, | 我的导师 |
[29:11] | my lover. | 我的情人 |
[29:15] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[29:16] | She used her status to control and subjugate me. | 她利用她的地位控制征服我 |
[29:20] | I never saw it that way until I was no longer with her. | 我直到离开她后 才认清这段关系 |
[29:22] | – You’re lying. – I’m not. | -你撒谎 -我没有 |
[29:26] | I know what that kind of confusion feels like, | 我理解那种困惑 |
[29:28] | when you’re caught between someone you admire | 一边是你崇敬的人 |
[29:31] | and a whole lot of bad decisions. | 一边是很多坏选择 |
[29:33] | I’m not interested in relitigating the details of your case. | 我并不想再次对你案子的细节提出诉讼 |
[29:36] | You’re free to talk about them if you choose. | 如果你想说 就可以说 |
[29:39] | I’m here to understand who you are. | 我只想理解你是什么人 |
[29:42] | Not here to assign blame. | 我不是来怪罪谁的 |
[29:45] | I am only interested in your side of the story, | 我只想了解你的说法 |
[29:49] | Mr. Henley. | 亨里先生 |
[30:01] | I was 14 when I first met him. | 我认识他时14岁 |
[30:03] | Just a kid. | 还是个孩子 |
[30:05] | What was he like? | 他什么样 |
[30:07] | Quiet. | 沉默 |
[30:09] | Loner type. | 独来独往 |
[30:12] | I was curious about Dean, though. | 但我对迪恩很好奇 |
[30:14] | I wanted to know what his deal was. | 我想知道他是个什么样的人 |
[30:17] | He got on with everyone just fine, | 他跟大家相处得挺好 |
[30:18] | but you never knew what he was thinkin’. | 但你永远无法知道他在想什么 |
[30:21] | He had a steady job, something I didn’t, | 他有份稳定工作 这我没有 |
[30:23] | and he offered to pay me and David Brooks | 他提出雇我和大卫・布鲁克斯 |
[30:25] | to rob some houses for him. | 替他抢几栋房子 |
[30:26] | I needed money, so I thought, sure, why not. | 我需要钱 我就想 好啊 何不呢 |
[30:29] | But then Dean changed the rules, didn’t he? | 但然后迪恩改变了规则 是吧 |
[30:32] | He wanted us to get him some teenagers | 他要我们去找些少年来 |
[30:34] | for some kind of sex ring for faggots. | 为基佬建立卖淫集团 |
[30:37] | What did you think about that? | 你对此有什么看法 |
[30:39] | I didn’t think much. He was payin’ 200 for each. | 我没想什么 他每个给我两百块呢 |
[30:42] | That was before he started talking about killin’. | 那是在他开始说要杀他们之前 |
[30:44] | How did he start talking about killing? | 他怎么开始说要杀人的 |
[30:46] | First, he just asked if I could. | 起先 他就问我能不能做得到 |
[30:47] | You know, if I was robbin’ a house or somethin’, | 如果我去房子里抢劫 |
[30:49] | and I was cornered, | 被堵住了 |
[30:50] | would I be willing to off some guy? | 我愿不愿杀个人 |
[30:53] | Of course, I said yes. High school ego would dictate that. | 当然我说愿意 那是高中生的自尊 |
[30:56] | Did you believe yourself capable of murder? | 你当时认为自己能杀人吗 |
[30:59] | I’d wondered what it was like. We all have. | 我也想过那是什么感觉 我们都有 |
[31:02] | Whether or not people want to admit it. | 不管人想不想承认 |
[31:05] | Had you fantasized about killing someone before you met Dean? | 你认识迪恩之前幻想过杀人吗 |
[31:14] | No. | 没有 |
[31:20] | You told the police that the first time you met him, | 你对警方说 你最初认识他时 |
[31:22] | you had been brought to him as a potential victim. | 你是作为潜在受害者被带到了他面前 |
[31:25] | – Seemed like it. – Why? | -似乎是的 -为什么 |
[31:27] | Things he wanted to do. | 因为他想做的那些事 |
[31:30] | Showed me his handcuffs, asked if I’d ever worn any. | 给我看他的手铐 问我愿不愿意戴 |
[31:35] | Other stuff too. | 还有其他的事 |
[31:36] | I told him I didn’t go that way. | 我说我不是那种人 |
[31:39] | So, from your own experience, | 所以 据你自己的经验 |
[31:41] | you knew that anyone you brought him would be assaulted. | 你知道你带给他的人会遭到袭击 |
[31:44] | I was just thinking about the money. | 我只想着钱 |
[31:46] | Did Dean ever point out the boys that he wanted, | 迪恩是否挑过他想要的男孩 |
[31:49] | or did he trust you to select them? | 还是交给你来挑选 |
[31:51] | Oh, he trusted me. Let me pick ’em. | 他相信我的 让我来选 |
[31:53] | He said I was a good talker. I could get anyone. | 他说我会说话 能拐到任何人 |
[31:56] | He told me he was lookin’ for “White, good-lookin’, and young.” | 他说他想要”白人 俊俏 年轻的” |
[31:58] | – Where did you find them? – Whoever’s easiest, you know? | -那些人都在哪找的 -就好下手的 |
[32:00] | Hitchhikers. Kids who were lookin’ to party. | 搭车的 想玩玩的孩子 |
[32:03] | Dumb ones who’d go anywhere if you said you had weed. | 那些蠢的 只要你说有大麻就随便跟你走 |
[32:05] | I imagine that the easiest | 最好得手的 |
[32:07] | would’ve been kids that you already knew, | 应该是那些你本就认识的孩子 |
[32:09] | trusted you. | 信任你的 |
[32:13] | I see what you’re doin’. | 我明白你什么意思 |
[32:16] | I didn’t do anything, | 我没做什么 |
[32:16] | so I don’t know why you’re lookin’ at me like I did. | 我不知道你为什么把我当坏人似的盯着我 |
[32:18] | In your affidavit, you admitted to participating in the murders… | 你在宣誓书中承认了参与这些凶杀… |
[32:21] | That’s not how it happened. I never killed anyone. Except… | 事情不是那样的 我没杀过人 |
[32:24] | Except for Dean. And that was self-defense, I told you. | 除了迪恩 而那是自卫 我说了 |
[32:26] | But you watched Dean torture | 但你看着迪恩折磨 |
[32:28] | – and rape those boys. – I never raped anyone. | -强奸了那些男孩 -我没强奸过谁 |
[32:30] | You continued to bring him victims. | 你还不断给他带去受害者 |
[32:31] | Yeah… | 嗯… |
[32:35] | It was never done by my choice, or want, or need. | 那从不是我的选择 意愿或需求 |
[32:38] | But you stayed in the house. | 但你还留在那里 |
[32:40] | Why would you watch if you didn’t want to participate? | 如果你不想参与 为什么要看 |
[32:44] | – Dean wanted me to stay. – You wanted to please him. | -迪恩要我留下的 -你想取悦他 |
[32:46] | Dean was good to me. | 迪恩对我很好 |
[32:47] | I’m not saying he was all good, but he was good to me. | 我没说他是个完全的好人 但他对我好 |
[32:51] | What was it like to kill Dean? | 杀迪恩是什么感觉 |
[32:54] | I can’t imagine how difficult it must have been for you | 我无法想象那对你是多么艰难 |
[32:56] | to kill the one person who’d ever treated you with respect. | 杀死唯一尊重过你的人 |
[33:03] | Nah, it was cool. | 不 没事的 |
[33:06] | See, Dean taught me… | 迪恩教我… |
[33:08] | if you’re ever in a situation where you have to shoot someone, | 如果你陷入了必须射杀谁的情景 |
[33:12] | shoot ’em until they hit the ground. | 就打死那人 |
[33:14] | Don’t stop ’cause you shot ’em between the eyes, | 别打中那人两眼间就停下 |
[33:16] | shoot that person till they hit the ground. | 一直开枪直到那人死掉 |
[33:20] | Now, three times I shot Dean. | 我向迪恩开了三枪 |
[33:21] | He passed me, I shot him three more times in the back. | 他走过我 我又冲他后背开了三枪 |
[33:24] | I shot him until he hit the ground. | 我打到他死透了 |
[33:26] | He’d have been proud of the way I did it. | 他会为我的做法骄傲的 |
[33:32] | I think he was proud right before he died. | 我觉得他死前都觉得骄傲 |
[33:35] | But why did you kill him? | 但你为什么杀他 |
[33:37] | Get away from him. | 为了离开他 |
[33:40] | I just never got up enough nerve to do it until I did. | 一直没鼓起勇气那么做 直到那时 |
[33:43] | What suddenly gave you the nerve? | 你为什么突然有了勇气 |
[33:44] | It was… | 那… |
[33:50] | I just didn’t want to anymore. | 我就是再也不想了 |
[33:51] | Waking up handcuffed had no impact on you? | 醒来时被铐着对你没有影响吗 |
[33:54] | It had a fucking impact on me. I had to defend myself. | 当然有影响 我必须自卫 |
[33:57] | Did you ever consider that Dean might have looked at you | 你考虑过 或许迪恩看待你 |
[34:00] | in the same way that he looked at those boys you brought him? | 跟看待你带给他的那些男孩是一样的吗 |
[34:03] | I ain’t no faggot. | 我可不是基佬 |
[34:05] | I was known as a playboy in high school, party person. | 我高中时是个花花公子 喜欢派对 |
[34:09] | People knew running with me meant you run around with chicks. | 大家都知道跟我一起混就有小妞 |
[34:11] | That isn’t what I asked. | 这答非所问 |
[34:11] | It was David that was hustling himself a queer. Talk to him. | 大卫才是出卖身体的那个 去找他吧 |
[34:14] | Did Dean ever make advances to you… | 迪恩有向你提出要求… |
[34:15] | Did he ever ask me to suck his dick? | 他要我给他吹箫过吗 |
[34:16] | Is that what you want to know? | 你是想问这个吗 |
[34:18] | Well, even if he did, I ain’t no fucking homo. | 就算他提了 我也不是基佬 |
[34:20] | He never touched me, and I never touched him. | 他从未碰过我 我也没碰过他 |
[34:23] | – I never said you did. – I can tell that’s what you’re thinkin’! | -我没那么说 -我看得出你在那么想 |
[34:27] | And you come in here with your little lezzie sob story. | 你跑来讲你的蕾丝悲伤往事 |
[34:29] | Takes a queer to know one. That what you’re sayin’? | 基眼识基 你是这意思吗 |
[34:31] | Fucking dyke trying to tell me who I am, | 臭姬佬 还想对我指手画脚 |
[34:33] | when I said I’d tell you. | 我都说了 |
[34:35] | Well, I’ve been tellin’ you. | 我一直在说 |
[34:37] | I ain’t no fuckin’ faggot. | 我可不是基佬 |
[34:39] | You can tell that to whoever’s gonna listen to that tape. | 告诉回头要听那带子的人吧 |
[34:49] | So you’re not a faggot, | 你不是基佬 |
[34:51] | not a rapist, | 不是强奸犯 |
[34:54] | not a killer. | 也不是杀人犯 |
[34:55] | A boy got involved with a murderer. | 是跟一个杀人犯搅在了一起的男孩 |
[34:59] | That’s all that happened. | 仅此而已 |
[35:01] | David Brooks told Houston PD | 大卫・布鲁克斯告诉休斯顿警方 |
[35:03] | that you seemed to enjoy inflicting pain, | 你似乎喜欢施加痛苦 |
[35:05] | and that’s why you killed. | 所以你才杀了人 |
[35:13] | I have a motto. | 我有个座右铭 |
[35:15] | “You either enjoy what you do, or you go crazy.” | “享受你做的事 否则你会疯掉” |
[35:18] | So when I did something, whatever it was, | 所以我做一件事时 不管是什么事 |
[35:21] | I tried to enjoy it, | 我都尽量享受其中 |
[35:22] | and I didn’t dwell on it later. | 我回头不会多想 |
[35:24] | I feel remorse now. | 我现在感到后悔了 |
[35:29] | I’m glad it’s over with. | 我很高兴那都结束了 |
[35:30] | I’m glad Dean ain’t out there killing kids. | 我很高兴迪恩已经不能再杀孩子了 |
[35:33] | But as far as if I have any emotion to it? | 但要说我对此是否有什么情感 |
[35:38] | There’s no real heartfelt emotion. | 没有什么真心情感 |
[35:44] | – Blunt trauma, stabbing… – We’re about to brief the commissioner, | -钝器伤 刺伤 -我们正要给专员作报告 |
[35:46] | – a broken neck, – unless something changes. | -脖子扭断 -除非情况有变 |
[35:48] | The more bodies we get, the harder it is to see any pattern. | 尸体越多 越难看出规律 |
[35:50] | – You know we can’t rely on MO. – Yeah, he’s here. | -你知道我们不能依靠作案手法 -他在 |
[35:53] | – And two female victims. – Okay. I’ll tell him. | -还有两名女死者 -好 我告诉他 |
[35:54] | We haven’t seen a sexual predator cross genders. | 我们还没遇到过跨性别的性杀人狂 |
[35:56] | Bill. Field office said your wife called. | 比尔 办事处说你妻子来电了 |
[36:12] | Something a little bit more permanent for ’em. | 给他们找点更永久性的 |
[36:15] | – This is the task force. – City hall? | -这就是专案组 -市政厅吗 |
[36:16] | Show’s on. | 表演开始 |
[36:20] | Chief Redding. | 莱丁局长 |
[36:22] | Commissioner Brown, this is Special Agent Jim Barney. | 布朗专员 这是特别探员吉姆・巴尼 |
[36:24] | Agent Barney, I’ve been asking to meet you, | 巴尼探员 我一直想见你 |
[36:26] | or frankly anyone from the FBI, for a while now. | 其实只要是联调局的人就行 我说了好一阵了 |
[36:29] | Glad we can help. | 很高兴我们能帮忙 |
[36:30] | Now, this is Special Agent Robbins, Memphis Office. | 这位是孟菲斯办事处的罗宾斯特别探员 |
[36:33] | He’s our kidnap specialist. | 我们的绑架专家 |
[36:34] | – He’ll walk you through the plan. – Commissioner. | -他会给你讲解计划 -专员 |
[36:37] | We’re expecting a call at 6:00 p.m. | 我们在等一通晚上6点的电话 |
[36:38] | With the aunt’s house next door. | 会打到隔壁姑妈家 |
[36:40] | Now, she has the only phone in the family. | 她是家里唯一有电话的 |
[36:42] | We’ve got a trap and trace on the line. | 我们在电话线上布了陷阱追踪 |
[36:44] | I’ll coach the mother through the back-and-forth, | 我会指导那位母亲怎么跟他拉锯 |
[36:46] | keep our caller talkin’. | 让来电者保持通话 |
[36:47] | And once the call comes in? | 电话打来后呢 |
[36:48] | We got a dedicated radio channel with agents ready to respond. | 我们有专用无线电频道 探员们都在待命 |
[36:51] | And my men are planted throughout the area. | 我的人都已安排在那一带了 |
[36:53] | He may be hoppin’ phone booths. | 他可能会换电话亭 |
[36:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:55] | And is the bureau offering assistance with the other cases? | 局里还为其他案子提供帮助了吗 |
[36:58] | Yes. Commissioner, I’d like you to meet Agents Tench and Ford | 是的 专员 这两位是坦奇和福特探员 |
[37:00] | – from the Behavioral Science Unit. – Behavioral Science? | -他们来自行为科学部 -行为科学 |
[37:03] | A new field of forensics Quantico’s developing. | 匡提科在探索的新科学领域 |
[37:05] | Commissioner. | 专员 |
[37:06] | – Bill Tench. – Morris Redding. | -比尔・坦奇 -莫里斯・莱丁 |
[37:08] | And what is your part in the kidnap and recovery? | 你们在绑架和寻回中扮演什么角色 |
[37:10] | Basically support at this stage. | 目前基本上就是提供支持 |
[37:12] | We’re not even sure there is a kidnapping. | 我们都无法确定真发生了绑架 |
[37:15] | You’re not? | 什么 |
[37:17] | It doesn’t fit the pattern. | 不符合规律 |
[37:19] | You see a pattern? Tell me more about that, please. | 你觉得有规律 请再跟我讲讲 |
[37:27] | What’s happening to these children | 这些孩子的遭遇 |
[37:28] | isn’t a random wave of violence. | 并非随机的暴力风潮 |
[37:30] | There is definite method to victim selection. | 受害人的选择是绝对有条理的 |
[37:33] | In these cases, he’s showing an obvious predilection | 这些案件里 他明显偏好 |
[37:35] | – toward young boys. – You’re saying “He”? | -年轻男孩 -你说”他” |
[37:40] | I believe you have a predator. | 我认为这是个杀人狂 |
[37:43] | Commissioner, this is early days. | 专员 现在还早 |
[37:45] | We have a lot of work ahead of us. | 我们还有大量工作要做 |
[37:47] | We can’t rule anything out. | 我们不能排除任何可能 |
[37:48] | There are other commonalities that suggest a single killer. | 还有其他共同点表明可能是一个杀手所为 |
[37:51] | All are from the same socioeconomic background. | 所有受害人来自相同社会经济背景 |
[37:53] | All the bodies have been moved | 所有尸体都被移动过 |
[37:55] | and left to be discovered postmortem. | 并在死后弃尸待人发现 |
[37:56] | Several were asphyxiated. | 多个是窒息而死 |
[37:58] | These killings are personal and may well be sexually driven. | 这些杀戮有私仇倾向 很可能还有性动机 |
[38:01] | We’ve seen no evidence of rape with any of these boys. | 没有证据表明这些男孩遭到过强奸 |
[38:03] | We’re learning sexual gratification | 我们发现性满足 |
[38:05] | can come from the act of violence alone. | 可以单纯来自暴力行径 |
[38:08] | I think this man is a hebephile. He’s looking for pubescents. | 我认为此人是恋少年癖 他在找青少年 |
[38:11] | At least three of the victims are 14. | 至少三名死者是14岁 |
[38:13] | Yes, but… | 是的 但是 |
[38:14] | even the 14-year-olds are small for their age. | 14岁的孩子看上去也偏小 |
[38:17] | To someone driving by in a car, they would appear younger. | 对于开车路过的人 他们会显得比年龄小 |
[38:19] | So, all these children: one killer. | 所以这么多孩子 都是一人所杀 |
[38:22] | I believe that to be the case. | 我认为是这样的 |
[38:26] | This is truly fascinating. | 这很有趣 |
[38:28] | I had no idea the FBI had this resource. | 我不知道联调局还有这样的资源 |
[38:30] | We’ll be able to direct the investigation | 我们可以把调查引向 |
[38:32] | towards the highest-probability suspects. | 可能性最高的嫌疑人 |
[38:34] | So you’ll be looking for previous offenders? | 你们要找有前科的犯人吗 |
[38:37] | I have worked up a profile. | 我建立了一份侧写 |
[38:39] | I’m fairly certain the unsub we should be looking for is black. | 我很确定我们要找的不明嫌犯是黑人 |
[38:42] | There’s no way a Caucasian, like your caller, | 那个来电者那样的白人 |
[38:44] | could take children from these neighborhoods | 是不可能从这些社区带走孩子 |
[38:46] | without being noticed. | 而不被发现的 |
[38:47] | He might drive a vehicle disarming to kids. | 他可能开了一辆让孩子放松戒心的车 |
[38:49] | An ice-cream truck or a police car. | 冰淇淋车 或警车 |
[38:51] | Gentlemen, I know this can all sound conjectural, | 先生们 我知道这听上去像是猜测 |
[38:53] | but I assure you, we conduct our work very methodically. | 但我保证 我们的工作是很有条理的 |
[38:56] | I have no doubt. | 我相信 |
[38:58] | This has been… highly instructive. | 这很…让人开眼 |
[39:02] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们 |
[39:10] | – That went well. – Your wife called twice while he was here. | -真顺利 -他在这里期间你妻子打来了两次 |
[39:13] | Use the phone in the back. | 去用后面的电话吧 |
[39:29] | – Hey, hon. – Where were you? I’ve called three times. | -亲爱的 -你去哪了 我打了三次 |
[39:32] | I was in a meeting. What’s going on? | 我刚才在开会 怎么了 |
[39:34] | – You have to come home. – Why? | -你得回家来 -为什么 |
[39:36] | The police wanna talk to Brian. | 警察想找布莱恩谈话 |
[39:40] | What do you mean? Who told you this? | 什么意思 谁告诉你的 |
[39:42] | It was that detective. | 是那个警探 |
[39:44] | – Spencer? – Yes. He said you need to be here. | -斯宾塞 -对 他说你得在场 |
[39:47] | Why do they want to talk to…? What did he say exactly? | 他们为什么想找他…他具体说了什么 |
[39:50] | He wants to talk to him, and he wants us both to be there. | 他想找他谈话 他要我们都在场 |
[39:52] | That’s all I know. What do I do? | 我只知道这么多 我怎么办 |
[39:54] | Do not let him talk to Brian until I’m there. | 我到之前绝对别让他跟布莱恩谈话 |
[39:56] | Under no circumstances. | 绝对不行 |
[39:58] | Okay, h-how do I tell him? | 好 我怎么跟他说 |
[39:59] | Just tell Art that I’m getting on the next plane. | 就告诉阿尔特我会搭下班飞机回去 |
[40:02] | – I’ll be there as soon as I can. – Okay, just please hurry. | -尽快赶到 -好 你快点 |
[40:13] | Guys, I have a mini family emergency. | 伙计们 我家里出了点急事 |
[40:16] | Nothing serious. Nancy’s mom took a fall. | 不是大事 南茜的妈妈摔倒了 |
[40:18] | But there’s no one to look after Brian till tomorrow. | 但明天之前就没人照看布莱恩了 |
[40:21] | Go if you need to. | 需要走就去吧 |
[40:22] | I’m gonna catch a cab, jump on the next plane. | 我去打个出租车 赶下一班飞机 |
[40:24] | – I’ll be back tomorrow. – Fine. | -明天回来 -好 |
[40:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:31] | When you talked about… | 你之前说到… |
[40:34] | the woman, that relationship, that was… | 跟那个女人的恋情 那是… |
[40:39] | How do you come up with something like that? | 你怎么编出那种话的 |
[40:44] | It was exactly the right story, at the right moment. | 那个时候说那个故事太合适了 |
[40:47] | I froze. I just completely choked. | 我僵住了 我完全噎住了 |
[40:50] | No, Gregg. He was particularly hostile toward you. | 不 格雷格 他对你尤其有敌意 |
[40:53] | I couldn’t get him to even respond. | 我都无法让他做出回应 |
[40:56] | I am so sorry. I apologize. | 我好抱歉 我道歉 |
[40:58] | – We all have moments of panic. – Not on tape. | -我们都有慌张的时候 -但不会被录下来 |
[41:01] | Where your colleagues can play it back. | 你的同事还能回放 |
[41:09] | 自动点唱机城 | |
[41:21] | 求助 阻止儿童谋杀委员会 | |
[41:31] | Look who’s back. | 看看谁回来了 |
[41:34] | If you’re looking for a dinner recommendation, | 如果你需要人推荐餐馆 |
[41:35] | there’s a spot around the corner. | 转角处有个地方 |
[41:39] | My hands were tied. | 我之前也是受到限制 |
[41:40] | I hope you know that. | 我希望你知道 |
[41:42] | But I’m here to tell you that I’m back officially. | 但我是来告诉你 我正式回来了 |
[41:46] | “Officially.” And last time? | “正式” 那上次呢 |
[41:48] | Last time, I was on my own. | 上次 我只有自己 |
[41:51] | Six more children have gone missing, | 又有六个孩子失踪了 |
[41:54] | three of those turned up dead. | 三个的尸体已被发现 |
[41:55] | Is that what it takes to become “official”? | 这样才能”正式”起来吗 |
[41:57] | It’s taken a lot of convincing, | 我是费了不少口舌 |
[41:58] | but I have managed to get the FBI here | 但我终于让联调局 |
[42:01] | under the auspices of a kidnapping. | 以绑架案的名义来到了这里 |
[42:03] | – Earl Terrell. – Yes. | -厄尔・泰瑞尔 -对 |
[42:05] | I’ve just come from coordinating with the task force | 我刚刚才跟专案组进行了协调 |
[42:06] | and meeting with Commissioner Brown. | 还见了布朗专员 |
[42:08] | I met with Commissioner Brown. | 我见过布朗专员 |
[42:09] | Two weeks ago. Right after we held a press conference | 两周前 就在我们举办新闻发布会 |
[42:13] | asking why the city was neglecting our murdered children. | 质疑市政为何忽视我们孩子的被杀之后 |
[42:15] | How do you think the task force got started? | 你以为专案组怎么建立起来的 |
[42:17] | Mrs. Bell, I’ve seen firsthand | 贝尔太太 我亲眼看到 |
[42:18] | all of your cases are still under investigation. | 你们的案子都还在调查中 |
[42:20] | Are they looking for suspects outside the families? | 他们在家族外寻找嫌疑人吗 |
[42:23] | Does this look like we don’t care about our children? | 你看我们像是不在乎我们的孩子吗 |
[42:27] | No, it doesn’t. | 不像 |
[42:29] | Well, now you’re here officially, what can you do for us? | 你现在正式来了 能为我们做什么 |
[42:33] | I have the full force of the bureau behind me. | 局里完全支持我 |
[42:35] | Access to state-of-the-art computers, evidence labs, | 可以使用最先进的电脑 证据实验室 |
[42:37] | criminal and fingerprint databases. | 犯罪和指纹数据库 |
[42:39] | We’re going to examine every case methodically. | 我们会一件件地查看每桩案子 |
[42:42] | – Investigate every possibility. – Does that include the KKK? | -调查一切可能性 -那包括三K党吗 |
[42:45] | Because we know APD’s not doin’ that. | 因为我们知道警察没在查他们 |
[42:48] | Half the force used to be Klan. | 半数警察以前就是三K党的 |
[42:49] | You think they’re gonna police themselves? | 你觉得他们会查自己吗 |
[42:53] | I can’t discuss specifics of investigations, | 我不能讨论调查的具体细节 |
[42:56] | but we’re not ruling anybody out. | 但我们没有排除任何人的嫌疑 |
[43:01] | Willie Mae’s child, Jeffrey, is still missing. | 薇莉・梅的孩子杰弗里还没被发现 |
[43:04] | She hasn’t heard a word. | 她没听到任何消息 |
[43:05] | Not from anybody. | 没有任何人联系过她 |
[43:07] | I hope you keep in touch. | 希望你会保持联系 |
[43:09] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我不会走的 |
[43:12] | There’s some cornbread over there. | 那边有玉米面包 |
[43:14] | Take some with you on your way out. | 走的时候拿点吧 |
[43:18] | It’s a dollar. | 一美元 |
[43:37] | Ma’am… | 女士 |
[43:39] | it’s been almost four hours. | 都快四小时了 |
[43:42] | It doesn’t seem like the call’s coming in. | 看来对方不会打来了 |
[43:44] | No. | 是啊 |
[43:45] | – I’m sorry. – No. | -很抱歉 -不 |
[43:46] | We still have officers looking for him… | 我们还有警官在找… |
[43:48] | You’re not gon’ leave. | 你不能走 |
[43:49] | No, ma’am. We’re not gonna leave. | 不 女士 我们不会走的 |
[43:52] | That man gon’ call. | 那人会打来的 |
[43:54] | – He wants his money. He’ll call. – Yes, ma’am. | -他想要钱 他会打的 -是 女士 |
[43:57] | We’ll be right here. | 我们就在这里 |
[43:58] | – If the call comes, we’ll… – When the call comes. | -如果他来电… -他一定会来电的 |
[44:01] | My Earl, he out there. | 我的厄尔他还活着 |
[44:03] | I know because his spirit ain’t quiet yet. | 我知道 因为他的灵魂还没安静下来 |
[44:35] | Mrs. Belt, | 贝尔特太太 |
[44:37] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[44:38] | He still got Earl. | 厄尔还在他手上 |
[44:40] | Don’t tell me there’s not gonna be a call. | 别告诉我他不会打电话了 |
[44:43] | I want my boy back. | 我想要回我的儿子 |
[44:44] | We’re doin’ everything we can. Everything. | 我们在尽全力了 |
[44:47] | Got men stationed all around town. | 全城都安排了警力 |
[44:49] | When he calls, we’ll get Earl back safe. | 如果他打来 我们就能安全救回厄尔 |
[44:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[45:02] | You’re absolutely right about this not being a kidnapping. | 你说对了 这不是绑架 |
[45:05] | Unfortunately. | 很不幸 |
[45:07] | How much longer should we stay? | 我们还要待多久 |
[45:09] | Stay another hour. | 再守一个小时 |
[45:10] | Leave the trace on the phone, pack everything else up. | 留下电话的追踪设备 其他的收拾走 |
[45:13] | You can head back to Memphis. | 你回孟菲斯去 |
[45:14] | – You got it. – It’s the smart move, sir. | -好的 -这是明智之举 先生 |
[45:17] | Now we can transfer resources to reviewing the cases. | 现在我们可以把资源调来查看这些案件了 |
[45:19] | Thank you for coming down to Atlanta. | 谢谢你来亚特兰大 |
[45:20] | But with no kidnapping, there is no federal crime. | 但没有绑架案 就没有联邦犯罪 |
[45:24] | Oh, we don’t have to leave. | 我们不用走的 |
[45:25] | – We’re just starting to… – You do have to leave. | -我们刚… -你确实得走 |
[45:27] | The FBI no longer has jurisdiction. We appreciate your help. | 联调局已经不再有管辖权了 感谢你帮忙 |
[45:37] | What just happened? | 怎么回事 |
[45:40] | He pulled the plug. | 他叫停了行动 |
[45:41] | He can’t do that. | 他不能那么做 |
[45:43] | – Can he do that? – Oh, yeah. | -他能那么做吗 -能 |
[45:45] | He can do that. | 他能的 |
[45:50] | The city’s been asking for our help. | 这个城市一直在向我们求助 |
[45:51] | Commissioner Brown even said so. | 布朗专员自己都那么说了 |
[45:53] | It may be the city didn’t like the kind of help | 或许城市不喜欢你提供的 |
[45:55] | you were offering. | 那种帮助 |
[45:55] | They need us. And they know it. | 他们需要我们 他们也知道 |
[45:57] | Look, the mayor called Washington, and the FBI showed up. | 市长打去华府 联调局来了 |
[46:01] | That looked good for him. It showed he has clout. | 那让他面子有光 表明他有影响力 |
[46:03] | What doesn’t look good is the public, or the press, | 但如果公众或媒体担忧 |
[46:05] | terrified there’s a predator out there. | 现在有个杀人狂 对他就不好了 |
[46:07] | And to redirect the investigation | 还要让调查改变方向 |
[46:09] | to look for a black perpetrator? | 去寻找黑人杀人狂 |
[46:11] | That’s not gonna play with his constituency. | 那是不会受他的选民欢迎的 |
[46:14] | What if I’d said we should look for a white one? | 如果我说的是我们该找白人凶手呢 |
[46:16] | My guess is the city doesn’t want to say | 我猜这城市根本不想承认 |
[46:17] | there’s a predator at all. | 现在有个杀人狂 |
[46:18] | Black or white, it’s bad for business. | 不管是黑是白 都不利于生意 |
[46:20] | Denying it just makes him harder to catch. | 否认只会更难抓到他 |
[46:24] | Black or white shouldn’t matter. | 黑白不该有所谓的 |
[46:27] | Well, it does. | 但就是有 |
[46:34] | Thanks, pal. Keep it. | 谢谢 伙计 不用找了 |
[46:42] | It’s my house. | 这是我家 |
[46:51] | – What the hell’s going on, Art? – I’m sorry, Bill. | -怎么回事 阿尔特 -对不起 比尔 |
[46:53] | You need to talk to your wife. | 你得去跟你妻子谈谈 |
[46:56] | She’s out back. | 她在后面 |
[47:02] | Nance. | 南茜 |
[47:12] | Where’s Brian? | 布莱恩呢 |
[47:13] | Is he okay? | 他没事吧 |
[47:14] | – He’s in our bed watching TV. – Tell me. | -他在我们床上看电视 -告诉我吧 |
[47:17] | I told them they had to wait for you, | 我叫他们等你了 |
[47:19] | but they didn’t even have to ask him. | 但他们都不用开口 |
[47:21] | Ask him what? | 开口说什么 |
[47:23] | They were asking me if I had ever taken Brian over there, | 他们问我是否带布莱恩去过那里 |
[47:26] | if he had ever seen me open the lockbox. | 他是否见过我开密码箱 |
[47:29] | Brian, he must have heard them. | 布莱恩肯定是听到了 |
[47:30] | He heard them asking, and he came into the kitchen. | 他听到他们提问 他自己来到了厨房 |
[47:34] | Honey, what happened? | 亲爱的 怎么回事 |
[47:37] | He had this. | 他有这个 |
[47:39] | – He must have found it. – He was there. | -肯定是他找到的 -他当时在场 |
[47:43] | – He took them there. – Who? | -是他带他们去的 -谁 |
[47:45] | Those kids he plays with. The older kids. | 那些跟他一起玩的大孩子 |
[47:49] | They did this, Bill. | 是他们干的 比尔 |
[47:51] | They hurt that little boy. | 是他们伤害了那小男孩 |
[47:52] | It was an accident. | 是个事故 |
[47:53] | Brian said that? | 布莱恩说的吗 |
[47:55] | They already had the story from the older boys. | 他们已经从年长的孩子口中得知了经过 |
[47:57] | Brian… just… nodded. | 布莱恩只是点了头 |
[48:00] | – Over and over. – Oh, my God. | -一遍遍地点头 -天啊 |
[48:04] | You know, don’t you? | 你知道 是吧 |
[48:05] | What they did to his little body? | 他们对那孩子做了什么 |
[48:09] | It was Brian’s idea. | 那是布莱恩的主意 |
[48:11] | It was his idea to put him on the cross. | 是他提出把他放在十字架上的 |