时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Hey, Jerry. We’re still down here. | 杰瑞 我们还在下面 |
[00:08] | We got nothing on this side. | 这边什么都没找到 |
[00:09] | Let me know what’s happening over there with you. | 你们那边有发现就告诉我 |
[00:12] | Uh, yeah, we’re at the, uh, bridge up at Spring Street back here. | 好的 我们在春街的桥这里 |
[00:18] | if we could get some more lights, it’d be great. | 如果灯光再多些就更好了 |
[00:43] | 亚特兰大 杰克逊林荫路桥 | |
[00:44] | Campbell, anything? | 坎贝尔 有发现吗 |
[00:48] | Negative. | 没有 |
[00:49] | Don’t take your eyes off the water | 我们派船过去之前 |
[00:50] | until we get some boats down there. | 你的视线不要离开河面 |
[01:03] | Nothing. | 没发现 |
[01:05] | Recruit’s positive he heard a splash. | 警员很确定他听到了落水声 |
[01:07] | We don’t have a body, we can’t hold him. | 我们找不到尸体 就不能扣留他 |
[01:09] | We can hold him for as long as it takes to search his vehicle. | 搜查车子的这段时间里我们都可以扣留他 |
[01:11] | Maybe we find something in the car. | 也许我们能在车里找到什么 |
[01:13] | If he’ll let us. | 如果他能让我们找到 |
[01:14] | The name isn’t on this registration. | 行驶证上不是你的名字 |
[01:16] | – Why are you driving it? – It’s my uncle’s car. | -你为什么开这辆车 -这是我叔叔的车 |
[01:19] | – Why do you have it? – For work. | -为什么你开 -去工作 |
[01:21] | At three o’clock in the morning? | 凌晨三点吗 |
[01:23] | I’m in the music business. | 我从事音乐行业 |
[01:24] | Nighttime is the right time. | 夜晚就是最适合的时间 |
[01:26] | Right time for what? | 最适合干什么 |
[01:28] | You mind if we search your vehicle, Mr. Williams? | 介意我们搜查一下你的车吗 威廉姆斯先生 |
[01:29] | Sure. Go ahead. | 没事 搜吧 |
[01:31] | Log everything for evidence that I find in this car. | 把我从车上找到的证据都记录下来 |
[01:33] | So you were out working this late at night? | 所以你大半夜的出来工作 |
[01:35] | Well, I had to go pick up a check. I’m a photographer. | 我得去拿报酬支票 我是个摄影师 |
[01:38] | I thought you said you were in the music business. | 你刚刚不是说自己从事音乐行业 |
[01:40] | I’m a Renaissance man. | 我是个多才多艺的人 |
[01:42] | – So, where are you headed, da Vinci? – A woman’s apartment. | -所以你要去哪 达・芬奇 -一个女人家 |
[01:45] | – Girlfriend? – Don’t have a girlfriend. | -女朋友 -没有女朋友 |
[01:47] | So who is she? | 那她是谁 |
[01:49] | A Miss, uh, Cheryl Johnson. She gave me her number. | 谢里尔・约翰逊小姐 她给了我电话号码 |
[01:51] | Said she’s a singer worth hearing. | 说自己是个不错的歌手 |
[01:56] | Jacobs! | 雅各布斯 |
[01:59] | Run down there, try this number for me. | 赶紧下去一趟 帮我打这个号码 |
[02:01] | By the way, it ends in a four. | 对了 尾号是4 |
[02:03] | My dad says my fours look like nines. | 我爸说我写的4像9 |
[02:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:06] | – Try ’em both. – Got it. | -两个都打 -收到 |
[02:08] | If you don’t have a girlfriend, whose are these? | 你没有女朋友的话 这是谁的 |
[02:10] | My mother’s. They’re garbage. I’m supposed to throw all those out. | 我妈的 那些是垃圾 我要扔掉的 |
[02:13] | That what you were doing on the bridge, throwing out garbage? | 你刚才在桥上就是干这事吗 扔垃圾 |
[02:16] | I wasn’t doing nothing but crossing it. | 我什么都没干 只是过桥而已 |
[02:19] | We heard a splash when you drove over. | 你开过去的时候我们听到了落水声 |
[02:21] | You throw something off? | 你扔了什么东西下去吗 |
[02:22] | – You mean like a kid? – Yeah… | -比如说一个孩子吗 -是的 |
[02:25] | like a kid. | 比如说一个孩子 |
[02:27] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[02:29] | Do you own a dog, Mr. Williams? | 你养狗吗 威廉姆斯先生 |
[02:32] | No, I do not. | 不 我不养 |
[02:33] | Note the hair on the back seat and on the floor mats. | 记下后座和脚垫上的毛 |
[02:36] | What’s the rope for? | 绳子是用来干什么的 |
[02:38] | With knots at both ends? | 两头都打了结 |
[02:40] | And the gloves? | 还有手套 |
[02:42] | Like I said, it’s not my car. | 我说了 这不是我的车 |
[02:46] | Mind if we talk where it’s more comfortable | 不如我们去舒服点的地方聊 |
[02:48] | while they finish up? | 等他们搜完 |
[02:53] | Log every piece of evidence. | 记录所有证据 |
[04:11] | 心 理 神 探 本季终 | |
[04:44] | So what makes Cheryl Johnson so special | 所以谢里尔・约翰逊有什么特殊之处 |
[04:46] | you gotta hear her sing at 3:00 a.m.? | 你非得凌晨三点去听她唱歌 |
[04:49] | Don’t know yet. | 还不知道 |
[04:50] | We got a meeting in the morning, but | 我们约好早上见面 不过 |
[04:53] | I decided to do a trial run so I’ll know where to go. | 我决定先开一趟看看路怎么走 |
[04:55] | – Where does she live? – In Smyrna. | -她住哪儿 -士麦那 |
[04:57] | Church Street. | 教堂街 |
[05:00] | The FBI hiding under every bridge in Atlanta now? | 现在联调局在亚特兰大每座桥下都藏人了吗 |
[05:02] | If you don’t mind, Mr. Williams, we’ll ask the questions. | 如果你不介意 威廉姆斯先生 我们来问问题 |
[05:05] | I get it. Confidential. | 我明白 机密 |
[05:07] | AT64 AT64 A-T-64. A-T-64. | |
[05:12] | A-T-64, go ahead. | AT64 请讲 |
[05:14] | The number with the four is disconnected. | 尾号为4的号码不通 |
[05:15] | With a nine, there’s no answer. | 尾号为9的无人接听 |
[05:17] | – Roger. – That was the number she gave me. | -收到 -那就是她给我的号码 |
[05:20] | Got an actual address for her on Church Street? | 她在教堂街上的具体住址是什么 |
[05:23] | That’s why I always get a phone number. | 这就是为什么我总是记下电话号码 |
[05:27] | Think I’ll radio the admin agent. | 我呼叫一下主管探员 |
[05:29] | Let him know where we are with this. Be right back. | 告诉他目前的情况 马上回来 |
[05:40] | What do you think your uncle uses rope for? | 你觉得你叔叔拿绳子干什么 |
[05:44] | Don’t know. He’s got so much stuff in there. | 不知道 他车上有很多东西 |
[05:46] | I don’t touch any of it. | 我什么都不会碰 |
[05:48] | How did you know why we pulled you over? | 你怎么知道我们拦下你的原因 |
[05:51] | You’re the FBI in Atlanta. | 你们是亚特兰大的联调局探员 |
[05:53] | What else is it gonna be about? It’s all that’s ever on TV. | 还能因为什么 电视上全都是这事 |
[05:55] | You follow the story closely? | 你很关注这个案子吗 |
[05:57] | – No, I’m just saying how it is. – Wayne… | -没有 我就是描述情况 -韦恩 |
[06:01] | You mind if I call you Wayne? | 你介意我叫你韦恩吗 |
[06:03] | It’s my name. | 我就叫这名 |
[06:08] | Wayne, did you know any of the victims? Their families? | 韦恩 你认识任何受害者吗 他们的家人 |
[06:11] | Think we all know each other? | 你觉得我们都互相认识吗 |
[06:13] | You didn’t ask me if I know this cat. | 你怎么没问我是不是认识这位 |
[06:15] | I’m specifically interested in the victims. | 我只对受害者感兴趣 |
[06:18] | No. I wouldn’t know any of ’em. | 不 我才不会认识那些人 |
[06:20] | You make it sound like it wouldn’t be possible. | 你说得好像这不可能一样 |
[06:22] | I’m not like them. | 我又不像他们那样 |
[06:23] | Not like them? What does that mean? | 不像他们那样 什么意思 |
[06:24] | You know. Street kids. Runnin’ wild all hours of the night. | 你懂的 混迹街头的孩子 深更半夜乱跑 |
[06:28] | This isn’t “all hours of the night”? | 这不算”深更半夜”吗 |
[06:29] | There’s a difference in being where you supposed to be | 去你该去的地方和去你不该去的地方 |
[06:32] | and being where you aren’t. | 有着本质的区别 |
[06:33] | What places are they not supposed to be? | 什么地方是他们不该去的 |
[06:35] | Like mall parking lots, maybe? That sort of thing? | 比如商场停车场那种地方吗 |
[06:38] | If they’re up to no good, yeah. | 如果他们不干好事 当然了 |
[06:39] | Gentlemen… | 先生们 |
[06:41] | a word. | 谈谈 |
[06:43] | Sit tight. | 坐好别动 |
[06:54] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[06:55] | His first, second, and third questions were, | 他连问了三遍 |
[06:58] | “Do you have a body?” | “你们找到尸体了吗” |
[06:59] | – No. – He says we have to let the guy go. | -没有 -他说我们得把那家伙放了 |
[07:02] | We can’t do that. | 我们不能这么做 |
[07:04] | That rope has knots on both its ends. Next to a pair of gloves. | 那条绳子两端都有结 旁边还有一双手套 |
[07:07] | And we have no evidence | 而我们没有证据 |
[07:08] | any of our victims were strangled with a rope. | 证明任何一个受害人是被绳子勒死的 |
[07:10] | But we know they were strangled. | 但我们知道他们是被勒死的 |
[07:11] | The admin agent was clear: | 主管探员说得很明白 |
[07:13] | unless that rope is instrumental in a specific crime, | 除非那条绳子在具体个案中被使用过 |
[07:16] | we have to let him go. | 不然我们必须得放他走 |
[07:18] | Christ. Black, early 20s, dog hair, | 天呐 黑人 二十出头 有狗毛 |
[07:21] | can’t corroborate his alibi. | 无法证实他的不在场证明 |
[07:23] | Alibi for what? | 不在什么现场 |
[07:26] | Mr. Williams! | 威廉姆斯先生 |
[07:29] | Thank you. You’re free to go. | 谢谢 你可以走了 |
[07:35] | Can I get an extra hand down here? | 能再来个人下来帮忙吗 |
[07:38] | You gentlemen have a good night. | 祝各位先生们今晚愉快 |
[07:41] | They already ran the plate. | 他们已经查了车牌 |
[07:51] | Do you believe his story? | 你相信他的说法吗 |
[07:53] | 3:00 a.m. dry run for a morning meeting? | 凌晨三点 为了一个早上的会面探路 |
[07:55] | Not a fucking word. | 一个字也不信 |
[07:57] | But it’s not about what we believe, it’s about what we can prove. | 但问题不是我们相信什么 而是我们能证明什么 |
[08:00] | Let me see the rope. Where is it? | 让我看看绳子 它在哪 |
[08:03] | But you just said to write everything down. | 但你只说要把所有东西记下来 |
[08:04] | You’re shitting me. | 你在逗我吗 |
[08:05] | You didn’t tell him to bag everything? | 你没告诉他要把所有东西都装起来吗 |
[08:07] | I didn’t think I had to. | 我以为我不用说他都知道 |
[08:11] | – Where are you going? – Home. | -你要去哪 -回家 |
[08:12] | It’s Memorial Day weekend. | 这个周末是阵亡将士纪念日 |
[08:14] | We should be searching that river for a body. | 我们应该在那条河里搜寻尸体 |
[08:16] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说得完全没错 |
[08:17] | Let me know what you find. | 你找到什么就告诉我 |
[08:31] | Unless he weighted it, against his MO, | 除非他违背作案手法 加了重量 |
[08:33] | it would have floated by now. | 否则尸体早就浮起来了 |
[08:36] | He wasn’t on his way to meet anyone. | 他不是开车去见谁 |
[08:38] | There will be a body. | 会找到尸体的 |
[08:40] | Only one guy heard the splash. | 只有一个人听见了落水声 |
[08:42] | The other three were probably asleep. | 另外三个人很可能睡着了 |
[08:44] | Wayne Williams fits every corner of our profile. | 韦恩・威廉姆斯完全符合我们的侧写 |
[08:48] | What if we’d heard the same splash, saw the same car, | 如果我们听见了同样的落水声 看见了同一辆车 |
[08:51] | but a white guy had gotten out of it? | 但走下车的是个白人呢 |
[08:52] | But he isn’t white, so… | 但他不是白人 所以… |
[08:53] | Everything else being equal, | 在其它条件都相同的情况下 |
[08:55] | what’s the tipping point for matching the profile? | 侧写条件匹配的临界点是什么 |
[08:57] | Four criteria, five? | 四个条件符合吗 还是五个 |
[09:00] | What about the six that he didn’t fit? | 那他不符合的六个条件呢 |
[09:02] | – You don’t think he’s worth pursuing? – I do. | -你认为他不值得追查吗 -不 |
[09:04] | But mainly because we just got an answer | 但主要是因为我们刚从第二个电话号码 |
[09:06] | at that second number. | 收到了回复 |
[09:07] | Nobody named Cheryl or Johnson ever lived there. | 没有叫谢丽尔或约翰逊的人在那里住过 |
[09:09] | Because Cheryl Johnson doesn’t exist. | 因为谢丽尔・约翰逊不存在 |
[09:10] | Why say it? | 那他为什么要说 |
[09:12] | He knows we’ll catch him in a lie. | 他知道我们会发现他说谎 |
[09:15] | So let’s catch him in it. | 那我们就去问他 |
[09:20] | Is there any breakfast? | 有早餐吗 |
[09:22] | No. There’s cereal if you want. | 没有 如果你想吃的话有麦片 |
[09:28] | That’s okay. | 那算了 |
[09:33] | Nice day. | 天气真好 |
[09:35] | Brian’s not playing outside? | 布莱恩没在外面玩吗 |
[09:37] | He plays in his room now. | 他现在只在自己房间里玩 |
[09:40] | I tried to make a playdate for him over the long weekend. | 我想帮他约一个玩伴度过长周末 |
[09:46] | Everyone was out of town. | 大家都出城了 |
[09:47] | Well, maybe they really are, Nance. | 可能他们真的不在 南茜 |
[09:49] | Bill, he’s ostracized. | 比尔 他被孤立了 |
[09:50] | You’ve seen it. I see it every day. | 你看见了 我每天都能看见 |
[09:53] | It’s our fault for keeping him here. | 让他留在这里是我们的错 |
[09:56] | We’re not moving because of some kids. | 我们不会因为几个孩子就搬家 |
[09:58] | This isn’t just about other kids. | 这不止是其他孩子的问题 |
[10:01] | It’s the parents. They talk behind his back. | 还有父母 他们在他的背后议论 |
[10:04] | His back or yours? | 在他背后还是你背后 |
[10:11] | How many times have we moved because of your work over the years? | 这些年因为你的工作我们搬过多少次家 |
[10:15] | Several. | 好几次 |
[10:15] | And how many times have we moved because I’ve asked to? | 因为我提出要求而搬家又有几次呢 |
[10:18] | I’m asking because I believe | 我提出来是因为我相信 |
[10:21] | it’s the only way to put this behind us. | 这是唯一能让我们忘却这些的办法 |
[10:22] | Honey, I’m only home for a few days. | 亲爱的 我只在家待几天 |
[10:25] | I just need to get some rest. | 我需要休息 |
[10:27] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[10:33] | I’m not saying no. | 我不是拒绝 |
[10:35] | We’ll consider it, I promise. | 我们会考虑的 我保证 |
[10:38] | I just think right now what’s best for Brian is | 我只是觉得现在对布莱恩最好的是 |
[10:40] | what’s familiar, | 熟悉的环境 |
[10:42] | stability. | 稳定 |
[10:45] | Go and rest. | 去休息吧 |
[10:46] | We’re taking him to the Y later. | 我们晚点带他去基督教青年会 |
[11:22] | There he is, our Renaissance man. | 这不是我们多才多艺的大才子吗 |
[11:24] | You mind if we come inside, Wayne? | 你介意我们进去吗 韦恩 |
[11:38] | My mom will be home soon. | 我妈很快就回来了 |
[11:40] | I’d appreciate it if y’all were brief. | 希望你们能快点说完 |
[11:42] | We wanted to give you the opportunity | 我们想给你机会 |
[11:43] | to clarify any of your statements from last night. | 解释清楚你昨晚的陈述 |
[11:46] | It must have been unnerving to be stopped by the FBI. | 被联调局拦下来肯定很令人不安 |
[11:49] | Oh, it’s cool. Y’all had a job to do. | 没关系 你们是为了工作 |
[11:51] | We finally got through on | 我们终于打通了 |
[11:52] | one of the two possible numbers that you gave us. | 你给的两个号码中的一个 |
[11:55] | It belonged to a cosmetics company. | 它属于一家化妆品公司 |
[11:57] | No Cheryl Johnson ever worked there. | 那里从来没有过叫谢丽尔・约翰逊的员工 |
[11:59] | That was the number she gave. | 那个号码是她给的 |
[12:00] | And you’re positive that was her name? | 你确定那是她的名字吗 |
[12:02] | As far as I remember. | 据我记得是的 |
[12:04] | But I get folks calling all the time, pranking me, | 但我经常接到恶作剧电话 |
[12:06] | so it’s possible she may not exist. | 所以有可能她不存在 |
[12:09] | You were confident enough to drive to Smyrna at 3:00 a.m. | 但你有足够把握 在没有具体地址的情况下 |
[12:12] | with no real address to find her. | 于凌晨三点开车去士麦那 |
[12:14] | Gotta track down every lead. | 得追踪每一条线索嘛 |
[12:17] | – Y’all understand that. – So… | -你们都懂的 -那… |
[12:19] | tell us about your day yesterday. | 和我们说说你昨天是怎么过的 |
[12:27] | Not much to tell. | 没太多可说的 |
[12:29] | I, uh, slept late, had lunch, played some ball at the rec center. | 我很晚才起来 吃午饭 到健身中心打球 |
[12:33] | – Which rec center? – Ben Hill. | -哪个健身中心 -本・希尔 |
[12:37] | Then I came home. | 然后我就回家了 |
[12:38] | And that’s when my momma told me a woman called. | 就在那时我妈告诉我有个女人打来电话 |
[12:40] | So, your mother actually took the call? | 所以其实是你妈妈接的电话 |
[12:42] | Yeah. She took the message. | 对 她记的口信 |
[12:43] | Because last night you said your nines look like fours, | 因为昨晚你说你的9写得像4 |
[12:45] | so we were under the impression you took the call. | 我们以为是你接的电话 |
[12:47] | No. I must have copied it down from where my mother wrote it. | 不 我肯定是从我妈记的地方抄下来的 |
[12:52] | – What time was that? – I don’t know. Uh… | -那是几点 -我说不好 |
[12:55] | 4:00. | 四点 |
[12:57] | Then what? | 然后呢 |
[12:58] | Then, I had dinner with my parents | 然后我和爸妈吃晚饭 |
[13:01] | and went to Hotlanta Records in College Park | 吃完就去位于大学公园的热特兰大唱片公司 |
[13:03] | to pick up a check I was owed. | 拿一张他们欠我的支票 |
[13:05] | Then I went to Sans Souci to hear some music. | 然后去无忧宫听音乐 |
[13:07] | – Sans Souci? – Lounge. | -无忧宫 -是酒吧 |
[13:10] | 760 West Peachtree. | 桃树西街760号 |
[13:12] | I didn’t stay long. | 我没待太久 |
[13:13] | Uh, then I went looking for the place in Smyrna. | 然后我就去找在士麦那的那个地方 |
[13:16] | And that’s when y’all stopped me. | 你们就把我拦下来了 |
[13:21] | – So, this is your parents’ house? – Yeah. | -这是你父母的房子 -对 |
[13:23] | – And you live here with them? – Yes, sir. | -你和他们住一起吗 -是的 长官 |
[13:26] | Surely a young… | 像你这么年轻… |
[13:28] | good-looking guy like you would want to have his own apartment? | 帅气的小伙一定会想有自己的住处吧 |
[13:31] | I put all my money into my work. | 我的钱都投入工作了 |
[13:33] | Which is what, exactly? You never told us what you did in music. | 你具体做什么 你从没说过做音乐哪一块 |
[13:49] | 你会唱歌或演奏乐器吗 如果你年龄为11到21岁 男女不限 且想成为专业艺人 即可申请 所有面试均保密且免费 | |
[13:55] | – May we keep this? – Sure. | -我们能留着吗 -当然 |
[13:57] | They’re all over town. | 镇上到处都是 |
[13:58] | So, you spend your time searching for children? | 所以你把时间都用在找小孩上 |
[14:00] | Searching for talent. | 是寻找好苗子 |
[14:02] | When you find it, what do you do with this talent? | 你找到后 要对他们做什么 |
[14:04] | Usually, I have them record a demo. | 通常 我给他们录个小样 |
[14:06] | – What’s in it for you? – If they’re good, I manage them. | -你有什么好处 -如果他们厉害 我就当经纪人 |
[14:09] | And if they’re not, what do you do with them? | 如果不够优秀 你对他们做什么 |
[14:12] | – I don’t do nothing with ’em. – Where do you find the talent? | -什么也不做 -你在哪能找到好苗子 |
[14:16] | All over. You know, uh, restaurants, arcades. | 哪儿都有 餐厅 游戏厅 |
[14:19] | Mall parking lots? Swimming pools? | 商场停车场 游泳池 |
[14:22] | Never know where it’s hiding. | 你永远不知道他们藏在哪儿 |
[14:23] | I figure, why should it always be white people | 我想着 为什么总让白人 |
[14:25] | gettin’ rich off the talent of brothers? | 利用有天赋的黑人赚钱呢 |
[14:27] | You make much money from it? | 你赚得多吗 |
[14:30] | If I did, you’d think I’d be here? | 如果多 你觉得我还能住这吗 |
[14:32] | So right now, it’s more of a fantasy? | 那现在 只算是幻想 |
[14:34] | A grind is what it is. | 就是份苦差儿 |
[14:36] | Why children? Such specific ages. | 为什么选小孩 这么具体的年龄段 |
[14:39] | Ever heard of The Jackson Five? | 听说过杰克逊五人组吗 |
[14:42] | That’s where the money’s at. | 现在这种最赚钱 |
[14:44] | Would you happen to have the names of some of your current clients? | 你有现在客户的名字吗 |
[14:46] | We’d love to speak with them. | 我们想和他们谈谈 |
[14:47] | I’m in between acts. | 我现在没活儿 |
[14:49] | That’s why I was out late last night, scouting. | 所以昨晚才出去物色 |
[14:52] | Lookin’ for talent. | 寻找好苗子 |
[14:54] | – What’d you find? – Nothin’. | -你找到了什么 -什么也没有 |
[14:58] | Do you like children, Wayne? | 你喜欢孩子吗 韦恩 |
[15:02] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:04] | Do you like their company? | 你喜欢和他们在一起吗 |
[15:06] | I ain’t never touched one, | 我从没猥亵过他们 |
[15:09] | – if that’s what you’re asking. – Of course not. | -如果你想问这个 -当然没有 |
[15:11] | But do you like them? | 但你喜欢他们吗 |
[15:12] | Do you sympathize with those that have gone missing? | 你同情那些失踪的孩子吗 |
[15:14] | Yeah. Hell, I ain’t much older than some of ’em. | 当然 其中一些孩子比我小不了几岁 |
[15:20] | Why are you knocking on my door anyway? | 话说你们为什么找我 |
[15:23] | I mean, it’s… it’s black kids out there dying. | 现在死的都是黑人孩子 |
[15:26] | Y’all should be rousting the KKK. | 你们应该去找三K党才是 |
[15:28] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[15:31] | we’re finding that these types of killers rarely cross racial lines. | 我们发现这种类型的凶手很少跨种族作案 |
[15:34] | What type of killer is that? | 什么类型的凶手 |
[15:36] | Serial. | 连环杀手 |
[15:38] | Organized. | 有组织 |
[15:39] | Compulsive. | 难以自控 |
[15:40] | Compulsive? | 难以自控 |
[15:42] | About what? | 控制什么 |
[15:43] | Well, without speaking to him, I can’t be certain, but… | 不直接和他对话 我很难确定 但是 |
[15:46] | I believe he achieves sexual gratification | 我认为通过扼死和支配受害者 |
[15:49] | from choking and dominating his victim. | 他能从中得到性满足 |
[15:56] | You said last night that you don’t have a girlfriend, | 你昨晚说你没有女友 |
[15:58] | – is that right, Wayne? – Yeah. That’s right. | -是吗 韦恩 -对 没错 |
[16:07] | Think you’ll catch him? | 你们觉得能抓住他吗 |
[16:12] | I do. | 能 |
[16:15] | Well, I wish you luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[16:19] | Thank you. That’s very kind. | 谢谢 借你吉言 |
[16:23] | Do you mind if I use your restroom? | 我能用下洗手间吗 |
[16:25] | Down there, to your left. | 走廊尽头 左边 |
[16:44] | I said on the left. | 我说了在左边 |
[16:46] | I thought you said you didn’t own a dog. | 你不是说你没养狗 |
[16:48] | I don’t. Sheba’s my dad’s. | 是没有 希巴是我爸的狗 |
[17:07] | Wayne said he came by that night to pick up a check. | 韦恩说他那晚过来拿支票 |
[17:09] | Do you recall what time that was? | 你记得大概是几点吗 |
[17:11] | 9:00, 9:30. | 九点 九点半 |
[17:13] | Do you happen to have an invoice? | 你有收据吗 |
[17:15] | Sure. | 有 |
[17:18] | Wayne says he’s in the music business. | 韦恩说自己在做音乐相关的工作 |
[17:23] | Uh, he rents my studio. | 他租用我的录音室 |
[17:26] | Holds auditions here. | 在那面试 |
[17:32] | – There you go. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[17:34] | Is he in, uh, something he not supposed to be in? | 他是惹了什么不该惹的祸吗 |
[17:37] | We’re just following up some statements. | 我们只是在核查证词 |
[17:40] | Does Wayne bring talent here? | 韦恩会带那些好苗子过来吗 |
[17:42] | Oh, he’s always in here with somebody he discovered at the mall, | 他总跟在商场挖到的小孩待在这里 |
[17:45] | the next big thing. | 说是下一个巨星 |
[17:47] | Do you have any of his demos? | 你有他的小样吗 |
[17:49] | No. Wayne ain’t got no demos. | 没有 韦恩没有小样 |
[17:51] | – Most of the time, they just sit and talk. – They talk? | -多数时间 他们只是坐着聊天 -聊天 |
[17:54] | I mean, I’ve seen him in there with some kid kicked back, | 我见过他跟一些孩子在里面闲聊 |
[17:57] | laughing, for like an hour. | 大笑 大概一个小时 |
[17:59] | But not my business how you use your time. | 但他想怎么使用这时间不关我的事 |
[18:02] | You know, you’re payin’ for it. | 反正他有付钱 |
[18:04] | – What do you charge? – I charge 50 an hour. | -你怎么收费 -一小时50美元 |
[18:07] | A little discount. He’s a good kid. | 给他点小折扣 他是个好孩子 |
[18:09] | – And Wayne can afford that? – Well, it’s his daddy’s money. | -韦恩能负担得起 -是他爸的钱 |
[18:12] | I feel bad for Homer too. Ain’t like he Rockefeller or something. | 我也同情霍默 毕竟他不是亿万富豪 |
[18:23] | Do you have any of the talents’ names? | 你知道这些孩子的名字吗 |
[18:24] | 热特兰大唱片公司 | |
[18:26] | How old are they usually? | 他们一般多大年纪 |
[18:28] | Uh, 14, 15. He’s looking for Michael Jackson. | 十四五岁 他在寻找下一个迈克尔・杰克逊 |
[18:32] | You said that Wayne was a “good kid.” | 你刚才说韦恩是个”好孩子” |
[18:34] | Yeah. He’s polite, pays his bills. | 他有礼貌 按时缴费 |
[18:36] | Cleans up after himself. | 走之前还会打扫卫生 |
[18:39] | I mean, he’s a… | 他… |
[18:41] | – different kind of kid. – Different? | -和其他孩子不太一样 -不一样 |
[18:43] | How exactly? | 哪里不一样 |
[18:46] | I don’t know. I… | 我说不好 |
[18:48] | I don’t wanna get Wayne in no trouble. | 我不想给韦恩惹麻烦 |
[18:50] | Of course not. | 你当然不会 |
[18:51] | He talks himself up. | 他常自吹自擂 |
[18:53] | You know, but that’s most folks that come in here. | 不过来这的人大多数都有这习惯 |
[18:55] | Gotta fake it till you make it, right? | 像模像样才能有模有样不是吗 |
[18:59] | Does he have a temper? | 他脾气怎么样 |
[19:00] | Wayne? No. That boy ain’t got no temper. | 韦恩吗 那小子脾气好得很 |
[19:02] | So you never saw any signs of anger or violence? | 你从没见过他有任何生气或者暴力的迹象 |
[19:05] | Nah, Wayne is a chump. | 没有 韦恩憨憨的 |
[19:08] | This is Wayne. | 韦恩就是这种人 |
[19:09] | One time he came in here, and my assistant said he had cuts | 有一次他来这 我助手跟我说 |
[19:12] | all up and down his arms. | 他手臂上全是伤口 |
[19:13] | Right? Nasty. | 挺严重的对吧 |
[19:15] | When she asked him about it, he said he fell in a bush. | 她就问韦恩怎么了 他说是跌进了灌木丛 |
[19:17] | Now, I’m sure he got his ass kicked. | 我觉得他肯定是被人打了一顿 |
[19:20] | – Wayne ain’t no fighter. – When might that have been? | -韦恩可不会干架 -什么时候的事 |
[19:22] | I don’t know. A few weeks ago. | 不记得了 几个礼拜前吧 |
[19:25] | You can ask Charlene. She’ll be in here later. | 你们可以问问夏琳 她待会就过来 |
[19:28] | I’m gonna get back to work, all right, fellas? | 我得干活了 失陪了两位 |
[19:30] | Thank you for your time. | 辛苦了 |
[19:31] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[19:40] | 亚特兰大消防局 | |
[19:40] | That’s it. Come on. | 找到了 靠岸吧 |
[19:49] | 佐治亚州 富尔顿 | |
[19:54] | How far away is this? | 这里离那里有多远 |
[19:56] | Half mile downstream from Wayne’s bridge. | 在韦恩那座桥下游 距桥半英里 |
[19:58] | Same spot Jimmy Payne was found about a month ago. | 大概一个月前 也在这发现了吉米・佩恩的尸体 |
[20:01] | I checked the victim list from around the time | 我查了一下在韦恩自称 |
[20:03] | Wayne had those supposed scratches on his arms. | 手臂擦伤的那段时间的受害者名单 |
[20:06] | – Terry Pue. – The one on Sigman Road. | -特里・皮尤 -西格曼路上的那个 |
[20:08] | He was known around as a tough kid. A fighter. | 大家都说他是个有硬气的小孩 是斗士 |
[20:11] | He had lacerations on his body… | 他的尸体上有撕裂伤 |
[20:14] | as if he’d been in a struggle. | 似乎顽强抵抗过 |
[20:17] | I also found this. | 我还找到了这个 |
[20:20] | A composite of the man Lubie Geter | 是卢比・吉特在失踪前 |
[20:21] | was seen talking to before he disappeared. | 和他谈话的那个人的合成照 |
[20:26] | You want it to feel like your palm. | 得有触碰到手掌的感觉 |
[20:30] | You feel that? | 感觉到了吗 |
[20:31] | Now feel the burger. | 再感觉一下汉堡牛肉 |
[20:33] | Does it feel the same? | 是不是那种感觉 |
[20:37] | I think it does. Ready? | 我觉得是 看好了啊 |
[20:44] | Perfect. Wanna try? | 好极了 来试试吗 |
[20:50] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[20:52] | – Five-second rule. – It’s for you. | -五秒原则还能吃 -找你的 |
[20:55] | It’s Holden. | 是霍顿 |
[21:12] | It better be good. | 最好是好消息 |
[21:14] | We found the body. | 我们找到了尸体 |
[21:15] | – At the bridge? – Downstream. | -在桥下吗 -在下游 |
[21:17] | – How far? – Pretty close. | -多远 -很近 |
[21:18] | We have a meeting tomorrow with the DA | 我们明天要跟地检见面 |
[21:20] | to talk surveillance and warrants for Wayne Williams. | 谈谈对韦恩・威廉姆斯实行监控和侦查 |
[21:21] | He wants to hear from all the agents at the scene. | 他想听所有在场探员的看法 |
[21:23] | We have enough for that? | 我们的理由充分吗 |
[21:24] | Cheryl Johnson turned out to be a lie. | 根本没有谢丽尔・约翰逊这个人 |
[21:26] | That gives us a false exculpatory. | 所以他在辩白上作假了 |
[21:28] | And get this: we’ve always wondered how he got them in the car. | 还有 我们一直不懂他是怎么把孩子叫上车的 |
[21:31] | Flyers. | 发传单 |
[21:33] | Flyers? | 传单 |
[21:33] | Williams hands out flyers to kids, | 威廉姆斯会给孩子派发传单 |
[21:35] | promising a record contract | 宣称只要跟他去录个小样 |
[21:37] | if they’ll go with him to make a demo. | 就答应帮他们签约唱片公司 |
[21:39] | That’s how he does it. | 这就是他的手段 |
[21:41] | Bill… | 比尔 |
[21:43] | this is him. | 凶手就是他 |
[21:44] | I’m on my way. | 我马上过来 |
[21:51] | We may have him. | 我们可能找到凶手了 |
[21:54] | You tell him. | 你自己去跟他说 |
[21:57] | I won’t. | 我不说 |
[22:11] | He’d been deceased two to three days, | 他于两三天前身亡 |
[22:12] | which does not rule Williams out as a suspect. | 这不能排除威廉姆斯的嫌疑 |
[22:14] | Cause of death is asphyxiation, most likely by a choke hold. | 死因是窒息 很可能是被人掐死的 |
[22:17] | We found carpet fibers on the body | 尸体上发现的地毯纤维物 |
[22:19] | consistent with what we’ve found on other victims. | 与在其他受害者身上发现的一致 |
[22:21] | The fibers we recovered are green and a very unusual shape. | 纤维物是绿色的 形状十分特别 |
[22:24] | I saw green carpet in Williams’ home. | 我看到威廉姆斯家中就有一块绿地毯 |
[22:26] | But you don’t know if it’s a match. | 但你并不知道二者是否匹配 |
[22:28] | No, sir. There were dog hairs on the victim. | 是的 受害者身上还发现了狗毛 |
[22:30] | I found dog hairs in the suspect’s vehicle, | 我在嫌疑人的车上也发现了狗毛 |
[22:32] | – and his family owns a dog. – I own a dog, Agent. | -而他家人就养了条狗 -我也养狗 探员 |
[22:35] | Besides that, there was a knotted nylon rope, | 此外 还有一条打了结的尼龙绳 |
[22:37] | – approximately 24 inches… – Now that’s material. | -长约61厘米 -总算有点实用信息了 |
[22:40] | Does it match wounds on any victim? | 这与任一受害者的伤口吻合吗 |
[22:42] | It remained in the vehicle and has since… | 绳子当时在车子上 但之后就… |
[22:46] | – It can’t be accounted for. – So… | -找不到了 -这么说来 |
[22:48] | we confiscated no physical evidence. | 即便人家同意让我们搜车 |
[22:51] | Even though he gave permission to search his vehicle. | 我们还是没有找到任何物证 |
[22:53] | That’s correct, sir. At the time, we had no body | 是的 长官 但那时我们还没找到尸体 |
[22:55] | and, therefore, no cause to believe a crime had been committed. | 所以也没有办法判定发生了一起凶案 |
[22:58] | – Now, you have a body. – Yes, sir. | -现在找到尸体了 -没错 长官 |
[22:59] | Which you can’t physically connect to the suspect or his vehicle. | 但你们并没有物证证明这与嫌犯或他的车有关 |
[23:02] | And you have a splash heard by a probably sleeping recruit, | 听到落水声的实习警员当时很可能在打瞌睡 |
[23:06] | which you can’t definitively connect to the body. | 而且你们也不能确定落水声和尸体有关 |
[23:09] | – Who’s the victim? – Nathaniel Cater. | -受害者叫什么 -纳撒尼尔・凯特 |
[23:12] | Twenty-seven, 150 pounds, six foot one. | 27岁 68公斤 1米85 |
[23:15] | Priors for trespass and attempted burglary. | 有非法入侵和入室盗窃未遂前科 |
[23:17] | You want warrants for a multiple child murderer | 你们申请监视儿童谋杀累犯的根据 |
[23:19] | based on the death of an adult? | 是一名成年男子死了 |
[23:21] | Cater was a drunk and a hustler. He’d be easy prey. | 凯特是个酒鬼和男妓 很容易下手 |
[23:26] | Besides driving over a bridge at the same general time | 除了他在受害者掉入查特胡奇河那段时间 |
[23:29] | that this victim was in the Chattahoochee, | 正好开车经过桥上外 |
[23:31] | you have no physical connection | 死者和你们的嫌犯之间 |
[23:33] | between the deceased and your suspect. | 没有物证联系 |
[23:36] | I can’t issue warrants based on that. | 我不能基于此而签发搜查令 |
[23:38] | Sir, Williams fits the type of perpetrator we’ve been looking for. | 长官 威廉姆斯符合我们要找的凶手类型 |
[23:41] | He had a prior. | 他有前科 |
[23:43] | He was stopped for impersonating a police officer | 他曾因为假冒警察及在车内 |
[23:45] | – and had a scanner in his car. – A misdemeanor. | -放有警用电台而被拦下 -轻罪而已 |
[23:48] | We don’t issue warrants | 我们不能因为 |
[23:50] | based on the “type” of person someone is. | 他是哪种”类型”的人就签发搜查令 |
[23:53] | And the last warrants I obtained for you | 而且我之前给你们签发了那些令状 |
[23:55] | captured a man whose only sin was pleasuring himself in the woods. | 结果就抓回来一个只是在树林里自慰的人 |
[23:58] | A public relations debacle. | 公关灾难 |
[24:00] | – We were wrong for even bringing him in. – Yes, you were. | -我们就不该抓他 -是的 没错 |
[24:04] | Sir, we’re not asking to search his person and property yet. | 长官 我们暂时还没申请搜身和搜查住处 |
[24:09] | We’re requesting 24-hour surveillance and wiretaps. | 只是申请24小时监控和窃听 |
[24:12] | The last time the FBI wiretapped a black man in Georgia, | 联调局上一次在佐治亚州窃听黑人 |
[24:12] | 联调局窃听到了马丁・路德・金的性丑闻 并于1964年寄信威胁其自杀 | |
[24:15] | it was not well-received. | 结果可不怎么样 |
[24:16] | With all respect, sir, Wayne Williams is no Dr. King. | 恕我直言 长官 韦恩・威廉姆斯绝不是金博士 |
[24:19] | If we’re allowed surveillance, | 如果我们能够实施监控 |
[24:20] | I’m confident we’ll find evidence to validate your decision. | 我有信心会找到证据 证明您的决定没错 |
[24:22] | I’ll consider it… | 我会考虑的 |
[24:25] | with what’s left of my weekend. | 在周末剩余的时间里 |
[24:35] | Today at city hall, community activists met with city planners… | 今天在市政厅 社区活动分子和城市规划者碰面 |
[24:40] | Don’t include the rope. If he approves this thing, | 别写上绳子 即使他能批准 |
[24:43] | the judge will shoot it down for the same reasons. | 法官也会基于同样的理由反驳的 |
[24:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:46] | That isn’t very optimistic. | 你这话可不太乐观 |
[24:49] | – Odds on Slaton for the warrant? – Fifty-fifty. | -斯雷顿批准的可能性有多大 -五五开 |
[24:53] | – He either will or he won’t. – I say 30/70. | -要么批准 要么不批准 -我觉得是三七开 |
[24:55] | We have a suspect in the vicinity of the body. | 我们有一个出现在尸体附近的嫌疑人 |
[24:57] | Vicinity. | 附近 |
[24:58] | He’s right, we have no material connection to that body. | 他说得对 我们没有和尸体相关联的物证 |
[25:01] | Guys, it’s an election year. | 各位 今年是选举年 |
[25:03] | It’s about public opinion as much as about evidence. | 民意和证据一样重要 |
[25:05] | Can you turn that up? | 你能开响一点吗 |
[25:05] | Authorities to bring an end to the child murders gripping Atlanta. | 当局会终结这牵动亚特兰大心弦的系列儿童凶杀案 |
[25:09] | A certain mood exists in America, encouraged by our leaders, | 在领导人的煽动下 在美国有这样一种气氛 |
[25:13] | that it is all right to do anything to black people. | 好像对黑人做任何事都是可以的 |
[25:13] | 卡蜜尔・贝尔 | |
[25:18] | Across the country, | 在全国各地 |
[25:20] | our children are being killed, | 我们的孩子被杀害 |
[25:21] | and our future is being wiped out. | 我们的未来被毁掉 |
[25:24] | That is why I have come… | 所以我来到… |
[25:24] | 死者母亲 | |
[25:25] | to our nation’s capital, | 这个国家的首都 |
[25:28] | to say, “No.” | 来告诉世人 “不” |
[25:28] | Special Agent Ford. | 特别探员福特 |
[25:29] | To the value of a child’s life | 一个孩子生命的价值 |
[25:31] | being judged by the color of their skin. | 不应该由他们的肤色决定 |
[25:34] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 长官 |
[25:35] | Slaton. | 是斯雷顿 |
[25:37] | “In light of the crisis situation in Atlanta, | “鉴于当前亚特兰大的危机形势 |
[25:38] | an exception has been made.” | 我破例批准了” |
[25:39] | while they continue to bury their sons and daughters… | …他们只能继续埋葬自己的儿女 |
[27:01] | Shit. | 该死 |
[27:06] | Someone’s up. | 有人起来了 |
[27:09] | I lost it. | 我把东西丢了 |
[27:11] | What? | 什么 |
[27:13] | I… I dropped the fucking thing. | 那破东西掉了 |
[27:23] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[27:26] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[27:28] | Hurry up. | 快点 |
[27:35] | They’re on the move. | 他们要出门了 |
[27:38] | I need more time. | 我还需要时间 |
[27:44] | Fuck it. Get out now. | 靠 马上出来 |
[27:45] | Go. | 走 |
[28:07] | – Who the hell is up at this hour? – Did you do it? | -谁他妈会这个点起床 -你做到了吗 |
[28:10] | We can track him. Just can’t listen to him. | 我们能追踪他的定位 只是听不到声音 |
[28:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[28:33] | Says here, Wayne once worked for the Department of Public Safety. | 这上面说韦恩曾在公共安全部工作过 |
[28:37] | Scene photographer for arson investigations. | 纵火案犯罪现场摄影师 |
[28:41] | He could still have press credentials. | 他可能仍然持有媒体证件 |
[28:46] | We should see if he photographed any of our crime scenes. | 我们应该查查他是否拍摄过犯罪现场 |
[29:00] | All right, he’s on the move. We’re trailing. | 好了 他出发了 我们在跟着 |
[29:06] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[29:09] | The package is traveling west on Glenn. We’ve got eyes. | 目标在格伦路上向西行驶 在我们视线中 |
[29:12] | All cars hang back. | 所有车辆保持距离 |
[29:13] | Roger, Model T. | 收到 T型车 |
[29:15] | Tomcat, you guys stay tight behind me. | 公猫 你们紧跟在我后面 |
[29:17] | Eagle, we’re on the move west. | 老鹰 我们正在向西行驶 |
[29:18] | Roger. Circling back. | 收到 正在绕回来 |
[29:20] | Do not drop too low. | 不要飞得太低 |
[29:23] | Six cars and a plane feels like overkill. | 六辆车 一架飞机 感觉有点过了 |
[29:25] | I’m more worried about attracting attention than losing Wayne. | 比起跟丢韦恩 我更担心我们会被他发现 |
[29:28] | We’re good. | 没事的 |
[29:29] | There’s no way he’d hand out flyers to kids | 如果他知道我们在监视他 |
[29:31] | if he knew we were watching. | 他绝不会去给小孩发传单 |
[29:32] | I’m not so sure. He has… | 我不能肯定 他有点… |
[29:35] | hubris. | 狂妄 |
[29:37] | But other things don’t add up. | 但其他方面都对不上 |
[29:39] | Like what? | 比如 |
[29:40] | Family background. | 家庭背景 |
[29:42] | No absent father. | 他并未失去父亲 |
[29:44] | No signs of a domineering or abusive mother. | 他母亲也没有专横或虐待的迹象 |
[29:48] | I met an Irishman once who only drank milk. | 我还遇到过只喝牛奶的爱尔兰人呢 |
[29:53] | Left turn on… | 在埃拉街 |
[29:56] | Ira Street, heading south. | 左转 向南行驶 |
[29:59] | Roger. | 收到 |
[30:04] | And he’s making another quick left, | 他又马上左转了 |
[30:06] | – east on Gordon. – Roger. East on Gordon. | -在戈登街向东行驶 -收到 戈登街向东 |
[30:09] | We’re supposed to be finding patterns, not anomalies. | 我们应该寻找规律 而非异常 |
[30:12] | That’s a lot of cars making that turn. | 这么多车这样转弯 |
[30:15] | We’ve got eyes on the package. | 我们能看到目标 |
[30:17] | Stay back. | 退后 |
[30:19] | – Jesus, it’s like the Macy’s Day Parade. – Roger. | -老天 这就像节日大游行一样 -收到 |
[30:29] | – Do not run the light. We’ve got him. – Damn it. | -不要闯红灯 我们跟着他呢 -该死 |
[30:36] | Don’t worry about it. We’re gonna catch up. | 不用担心 我们会追上的 |
[30:38] | Do you think that was intentional? | 你觉得他是故意的吗 |
[30:41] | Uh, yeah, we were about three car lengths behind, but… | 好 我们落后约三个车位 但是… |
[30:44] | I can’t take that turn. | 我不能再转弯了 |
[30:45] | He’ll make us. | 会被他发现的 |
[30:47] | Package is southbound on Windsor. | 目标沿着温莎大街向南行进 |
[30:50] | Now signaling eastbound. | 现在打灯准备东行 |
[30:52] | We will be parallel. | 我们会跟他平行 |
[30:57] | Eagle, you got eyes? | 老鹰 看见目标了吗 |
[30:59] | Model T, turn south, | T型车 转南 |
[31:00] | – pick him up at Pryor and Bass. – Roger. | -在普赖尔街和巴斯街路口跟上他 -收到 |
[31:06] | What is Model T? | T型车是什么 |
[31:10] | It’s a code name for Ford. | 福特车的型号 |
[31:15] | 该款车的昵称 | |
[31:15] | How about I call you Tin Lizzie? | 那我叫你铁皮丽兹行吗 |
[31:29] | Package is stopped at the southeast corner of Formwalt and Bass. | 目标在福摩沃特街与巴斯街路口的东南角停下了 |
[31:32] | Do not approach. Stay off the block. | 不要接近 远离那一街区 |
[31:34] | We’ll advise when he’s in motion. | 他有动静我们会提醒 |
[31:37] | – What do we see as motive? – I still think it’s sexual. | -他的动机是什么 -我还是觉得与性有关 |
[31:40] | Despite him having no history of violence | 尽管他没有任何暴力史 |
[31:42] | and there being no evidence of sexual violation. | 而且受害者也没有遭受性侵犯的迹象 |
[31:45] | Yes. | 对 |
[31:46] | BTK’s victims were not sexually violated either. | BTK的受害者也没有遭到性侵犯 |
[31:49] | There was no penetration, but we know he gets off on it. | 没有插入 但我们知道他能获得性满足 |
[31:53] | – Maybe Wayne’s like that. – What if it’s shame? | -或许韦恩也是这样 -会不会是羞愧 |
[31:56] | Shame? What makes you say that? | 羞愧 为什么这么说 |
[31:58] | He strangles his victims from behind, | 他是从背后勒死受害者的 |
[31:59] | 得来速餐厅 | |
[32:01] | so they can’t see him, | 这样他们就看不到他 |
[32:02] | can’t judge him. | 就无法对他评头论足 |
[32:05] | The parents seem nurturing, | 他父母虽然悉心养育他 |
[32:08] | but also conservative. | 但他们很保守 |
[32:09] | Maybe not the kind who’d be very accepting of a gay son. | 或许无法接受自己儿子是同性恋 |
[32:13] | What if he hates himself so much, | 会不会是他非常讨厌自己 |
[32:15] | and what he is, | 厌恶真实的自己 |
[32:18] | that he takes it out on these kids? | 所以都发泄在这些孩子身上 |
[32:20] | Maybe specifically kids who he thinks are hustlers. | 尤其是那些他以为是男妓的孩子 |
[32:23] | I don’t get the sense that he hates himself at all. | 我完全没感觉到他讨厌自己 |
[32:25] | I think he’s a narcissist who considers himself smarter | 我觉得他就是个自恋狂 认为自己 |
[32:28] | than every other person in the room. | 比其他人都更聪明 |
[32:30] | You know the type. | 你知道那种人的 |
[32:33] | He’s heading out now. | 他开出来了 |
[32:36] | Package moving east on Bass, he’s gonna drive right past us. | 目标在巴斯街上往东行驶 即将从我们旁边经过 |
[32:49] | – What’s he doing? – What the fuck? | -他要干什么 -搞什么 |
[33:06] | Thought y’all might be hungry. | 你们应该饿了吧 |
[33:13] | Scorpion, he handed them something. | 天蝎 他递了东西给他们 |
[33:15] | I… I don’t know what it is. | 我不知道是什么 |
[33:24] | I think we’ve been made. | 我们好像被他发现了 |
[33:25] | I bet you he got the $2.99 special. | 他肯定是买了2.99美元的特价套餐 |
[33:27] | You can’t beat that. You get two fried chicken and fries. | 特别优惠 有两块炸鸡和薯条 |
[33:35] | Uh, yeah, he’s reentered the vehicle | 他回到车上了 |
[33:37] | and, uh, is en route. | 现在开车了 |
[33:40] | You should have eyes on him in about 30 seconds. | 你们半分钟后就能看到他 |
[33:42] | Ten-four. | 收到 |
[33:49] | Guess who photographed the Sigman Road crime scene? | 猜猜在西格曼路拍摄犯罪现场照片的是谁 |
[33:52] | Who is Wayne B. Williams? | 答案是韦恩・B・威廉姆斯 |
[33:56] | Now that we’re blown, this seems like a waste of time. | 我们都被发现了 这感觉就是浪费时间 |
[33:59] | Then we bumper-lock him. People under pressure make mistakes. | 那我们就扣留他 人在压力下比较容易犯错 |
[34:02] | And if a body turns up while we’re on him, we rule him out. | 如果在此期间又有人被杀了 那他就可以排除嫌疑了 |
[34:06] | Whose car is this? | 这车是谁的 |
[34:09] | This your car? | 是你的车吗 |
[34:10] | – No, but I’d be happy to move it for you. – And I’m late for work. | -不是 但我很乐意为你挪车 -我上班快迟到了 |
[34:12] | Y’all blocking the whole neighborhood. | 你们把整个街区都堵住了 |
[34:14] | Fucking Wayne, man. | 该死的韦恩 |
[34:16] | How do you know it was about Wayne? | 你怎么知道是因为韦恩 |
[34:17] | Of course it’s about Wayne. | 当然是因为韦恩 |
[34:18] | He always up to some bullshit. | 他总是会惹麻烦 |
[34:20] | Fucking FCC come out here one time, shut down his radio station. | 有次联邦通信委员会来了 把他的电台关了 |
[34:23] | Coming and going all hours. You gonna move it? | 日夜不停地在播 你还挪不挪车 |
[34:25] | – Wayne keeps his neighbors up? – Spoiled rotten. | -韦恩常吵醒邻居吗 -被宠坏的熊孩子 |
[34:27] | That’s his real goddamn problem. I work. | 那才是他真正的问题 我要工作 |
[34:30] | Something he don’t know shit about. | 他根本无法理解 |
[34:31] | Keeping me awake fucking burning trash. | 烧垃圾熏得我睡不着 |
[34:35] | – You saw Wayne burning garbage? – Five o’clock in the morning. | -你见过韦恩烧垃圾 -他妈的还是凌晨五点 |
[34:38] | – You sure it was garbage? – I don’t know. It was on fire. | -你确定是垃圾吗 -不知道 都烧着了 |
[34:41] | – When was this? – Thursday morning. | -什么时候 -周四早上 |
[34:44] | Thursday? You’re certain? | 周四 你确定吗 |
[34:45] | I work night shift Wednesdays. You mind? | 我周三上晚班 挪下车好吗 |
[34:51] | You don’t know what he was burnin’. | 你不知道他烧的是什么 |
[34:53] | You want a warrant, bring me physical evidence. | 想要搜查令 你得拿出证据来 |
[34:55] | If we wait any longer, | 要是再等下去 |
[34:56] | all your physical evidence will go up in smoke. | 你想要的物证都会被烧光 |
[34:58] | Let us search for fibers and question him. | 让我们去搜寻纤维 并审问他 |
[35:00] | Wayne is fascinated by these crimes. | 韦恩对这些案件很着迷 |
[35:01] | If we bring him in, he’ll talk to us. | 如果能逮捕他 他会交代的 |
[35:03] | If he doesn’t, we let him out the back, no one is the wiser. | 如果他不说 我们就从后门放他走 没人会知道 |
[35:05] | No harm, no foul. | 不会有什么坏处 |
[35:06] | Sir, I appreciate the extreme pressure | 先生 我知道你承受了 |
[35:09] | you’re under from Mayor Jackson | 来自杰克逊市长和选民的 |
[35:10] | – and your constituents to end this. – Oh, you do, do you? | -极大压力 要尽快结案 -原来你知道啊 |
[35:22] | We need fibers from the car, the whole house. | 我们要取得车里和整栋房子里的纤维 |
[35:24] | – Especially the green carpet in the living room. – Yes, sir. | -尤其是客厅的绿色地毯 -遵命 长官 |
[35:35] | Shit. | 该死 |
[35:48] | I want hair from that dog. | 那条狗身上的毛也要 |
[35:58] | Got anything? | 有发现吗 |
[36:08] | Peterson. | 皮特森 |
[36:09] | It’s not much, but it is green. | 虽然不多 但是是绿色的 |
[36:51] | We got fibers from his bedroom that could be a match. | 我们在他卧室里发现了纤维 可能会匹配得上 |
[36:54] | Won’t know until the labs come back. | 但还得等化验结果出来 |
[36:56] | They’re still working on the car. How’s he been? | 他们还在搜车里 他怎么样了 |
[36:59] | I think plucking his pubes has him rattled. | 拔他阴毛有点惹怒他了 |
[37:01] | But he’s still so arrogant: | 但他还是很狂妄 |
[37:03] | declined a lawyer and consented to a polygraph. | 拒绝叫律师 也答应了测谎 |
[37:06] | Arrogant and prepared. | 狂妄且有备而来 |
[37:07] | 《如何骗过测谎仪》 | |
[37:09] | Find one called How to Abduct and Murder Young Boys, | 如果找到《如何诱拐和杀害小男孩》 |
[37:11] | and we can all go home. | 我们就可以收工回家了 |
[37:13] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[37:40] | Commissioner Brown. | 布朗专员 |
[37:40] | – Agent. – DA Slaton. | -探员你好 -斯雷顿地检 |
[37:43] | Y’all have the clothes off my back. | 你们把我衣服都收走了 |
[37:46] | What else can I do for you? | 我还有什么能效劳的 |
[37:49] | I’d like to talk about May 21st. | 我想聊聊5月21号那天 |
[37:52] | Could you talk us through your day up to the Jackson Parkway Bridge? | 你到杰克逊林荫路桥之前都做过什么事 |
[37:54] | I already told you, twice. | 我已经跟你们说过两遍了 |
[37:58] | We’d like to hear it again. | 我们想再听一次 |
[38:01] | I played ball, then I went home. | 我去打球 然后回了家 |
[38:04] | And then what? | 再然后呢 |
[38:05] | My momma said a lady called. | 我妈说有位女士打来过 |
[38:07] | – Cheryl Johnson. – Yeah. | -谢丽尔・约翰逊 -是的 |
[38:08] | But like I said, I never spoke with her, | 但我说了 我没和她讲过话 |
[38:10] | so she may have been a prank call. | 所以可能是个恶作剧电话 |
[38:12] | After you got the message from your mom, what then? | 你妈告诉你后 你又做了什么 |
[38:15] | I ate dinner. I worked some. | 我吃了晚饭 工作了一会 |
[38:18] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[38:19] | You told us before you picked up a check at Hotlanta Records. | 你之前告诉我们 你去了热特兰大唱片取支票 |
[38:22] | That’s right. Then I went looking for Ms. Johnson. | 没错 然后我就去找约翰逊小姐 |
[38:26] | What about the Sans Souci Lounge? | 那无忧宫酒吧呢 |
[38:29] | You told me after Hotlanta you went to the Sans Souci. | 你告诉过我在热特兰大之后你去了无忧宫 |
[38:33] | Yeah, I did. | 对 我是去了 |
[38:35] | We checked, and no one remembers you. | 我们查过了 没人记得你 |
[38:38] | Were you there or not? | 你到底去了还是没去 |
[38:39] | I was, but not for long. | 我去了 但没有待很久 |
[38:41] | So you just lied to us? | 所以你刚刚在说谎 |
[38:42] | Or you lied before? | 还是你之前说的是假话 |
[38:43] | I wasn’t lying. People forget things. | 我没有说谎 人总会忘记事情 |
[38:45] | I’d be real careful not to forget things, Wayne, | 我劝你想清楚 别忘事 韦恩 |
[38:48] | for your sake. | 这是为了你好 |
[38:49] | So that brings us to the bridge. | 然后你就到桥那了 |
[38:52] | What did you do after you left us? | 你离开我们之后做了什么 |
[38:54] | Drove home. | 开车回家 |
[38:56] | You didn’t continue looking for Cheryl Johnson? | 你没继续找谢丽尔・约翰逊吗 |
[38:58] | I thought that was the whole reason for going out. | 我以为你出门就是为了找她 |
[39:00] | I guess being questioned by feds spooked me a little. | 被联邦探员盘问 我有点吓到了 |
[39:02] | Did you happen to do any barbecuing when you got home? | 你回到家之后有烧烤吗 |
[39:05] | Why would I? | 我为什么要烧烤 |
[39:06] | We heard you were burning things late that night. | 我们听说你那天深夜在烧东西 |
[39:08] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[39:10] | – I went to bed. – You didn’t clean your car? | -我去睡觉了 -你没清理你的车吗 |
[39:12] | When we visited the next morning, your car was very tidy. | 我们第二天早上造访时 你的车收拾得很干净 |
[39:15] | No rope, no clothes. | 绳子没了 衣服也没了 |
[39:17] | Um, I guess my father must’ve… | 肯定是我父亲… |
[39:18] | Do you happen to know where that rope is? | 你知道那条绳子在哪吗 |
[39:21] | Your father’s owned a lot of cars over the years. | 这些年来你父亲拥有过好多辆车 |
[39:24] | Is it true he owned a blue 1978 Plymouth Fury? | 他是不是有过一辆1978年的蓝色普利茅斯复仇女神 |
[39:28] | That a crime? | 那犯法吗 |
[39:29] | You know who else drives 1978 Plymouth Furies? | 你知道还有谁开1978年的普利茅斯复仇女神吗 |
[39:34] | Atlanta PD. | 亚特兰大警局 |
[39:35] | – So…? – So that would make it pretty convincing, | -所以呢 -所以一个喜欢冒充警官的人 |
[39:38] | for a guy who likes to impersonate police officers, | 想诱骗孩子上自己的车 |
[39:41] | to lure a kid into his car. | 就很容易办到了 |
[39:43] | I never did that. | 我从没那么做过 |
[39:44] | You did impersonate an officer. | 但你确实冒充过警官 |
[39:46] | I carry a scanner for my photography work | 我带着警用电台是为了摄影工作 |
[39:48] | so that I can get to the scene before other stringers. | 这样我就可以比其他特约记者更早到达现场 |
[39:50] | What interests me… | 让我感兴趣的是 |
[39:52] | is they also found a police light in your car. | 他们在你的车里还发现了警灯 |
[39:55] | It helps me get access. Sometimes you gotta hustle a little. | 它能为我带来方便 有时候得使点小伎俩 |
[39:57] | But maybe, if you wanted to intimidate | 但如果你想恐吓陌生人 |
[40:01] | or gain the confidence of a stranger, | 或获得他们的信任 |
[40:03] | putting a bubble light on your car might do that. | 在车上放一个警灯也会有帮助 |
[40:06] | No. No, I don’t do that. | 不 不 我不做那种事 |
[40:08] | But you know who might? A cop. | 但你知道谁有可能做吗 警察 |
[40:10] | Kids’ll go off with a real cop. | 孩子们会跟真的警察走 |
[40:12] | You checkin’ into them? | 你查过他们吗 |
[40:18] | We have a witness who saw Jo-Jo Bell get into a white station wagon | 有目击者看到乔乔・贝尔在3月2日下午 |
[40:22] | on the afternoon of March 2nd. | 上了一辆白色旅行车 |
[40:24] | The description of the driver was a match | 对司机的描述与卢比・吉特 |
[40:26] | for a man seen talking to Lubie Geter the day he disappeared. | 失踪当天被目击到和他讲话的男人相符 |
[40:34] | He look familiar to you? | 你觉得他眼熟吗 |
[40:38] | What about… | 还有… |
[40:42] | Patrick Rogers? | 帕特里克・罗杰斯呢 |
[40:43] | He loved music. Wanted to make it as a singer. | 他热爱音乐 想成为知名歌手 |
[40:47] | You ever hand him a flyer, invite him to your studio? | 你给他发过传单 邀请过他去你的录音室吗 |
[40:52] | I don’t know no Patrick. | 我不认识什么帕特里克 |
[40:53] | He went by “Pat-Man.” | 他绰号叫”帕哥” |
[40:54] | Wrote a song called “Runnin’ Girl.” | 写过一首歌 叫《奔跑吧女孩》 |
[40:57] | Maybe you remember now. | 也许你现在想起来了 |
[40:59] | No. | 没有 |
[41:01] | I don’t know. I meet kids every day. | 我不知道 我每天都见小孩 |
[41:03] | That don’t mean I killed nobody. | 那不代表我杀了任何人 |
[41:05] | You ever hand out flyers at… | 你在摩兰购物中心 |
[41:07] | Moreland Plaza Shopping Center? | 发过传单吗 |
[41:09] | Sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[41:10] | That’s where Aaron Jackson and Patrick both carried groceries. | 亚伦・杰克逊和帕特里克都在那里送过杂货 |
[41:12] | And funny thing, they knew kids from other parking lots: | 巧的是 他们认识其它停车场的孩子 |
[41:16] | Lubie Geter, Charles Stephens. | 卢比・吉特 查尔斯・斯蒂芬斯 |
[41:18] | They worked the Lakewood Shopping Plaza. | 他们在莱克伍德购物中心工作过 |
[41:21] | Ever go there, Wayne? | 你去过那里吗 韦恩 |
[41:22] | Me and a thousand other people. | 我去过 还有一千个人也去过 |
[41:24] | But you were working, right? | 但你是去工作的 对吗 |
[41:26] | Handing out these flyers to kids trying to make a buck. | 给孩子们发这些传单 想赚大钱 |
[41:30] | The bottom line is, | 最重要的是 |
[41:31] | nobody has ever seen Wayne Williams strike another person, | 从没有人见过韦恩・威廉姆斯袭击 |
[41:34] | strangle another person, or hurt anybody, | 勒死 或者伤害任何人 |
[41:36] | because I haven’t. | 因为我从没做过 |
[41:39] | How did you know Nathaniel Cater? | 你是怎么认识纳撒尼尔・凯特的 |
[41:41] | I don’t know who that is. | 我不知道那是谁 |
[41:44] | Cater’s body was dragged from the Chattahoochee River | 凯特的尸体从查特胡奇河中被打捞上来 |
[41:47] | just downstream from where we stopped you. | 就在我们拦下你那里的下游 |
[41:53] | That doesn’t bother you? | 这不会让你不安吗 |
[41:54] | Why would it? I don’t know him. | 为什么会 我又不认识他 |
[41:56] | You’ve never met Nathaniel Cater? | 你从没见过纳撒尼尔・凯特吗 |
[41:57] | You asking if I killed him? | 你是想问我有没有杀了他吗 |
[41:59] | Look at me, I’m five-seven, man. | 瞧瞧我 我身高才一米七 |
[42:01] | How the hell am I gonna kill a grown man, | 我怎么可能杀掉一个成年男人 |
[42:03] | drag him out of my car, and throw him off of a bridge? | 把他拖出我的车 再从桥上扔下去呢 |
[42:05] | Toxicology reports suggest Cater was intoxicated at the time. | 毒理报告显示凯特当时是醉酒状态 |
[42:09] | Much easier to kill a drunk man. | 杀死一个醉汉就容易多了 |
[42:10] | The body showed signs of strangulation | 尸体上有勒杀痕迹 |
[42:12] | but no vertebral damage. | 但颈椎并无损伤 |
[42:15] | So maybe the killer wasn’t particularly strong… | 所以也许凶手并不特别强壮 |
[42:18] | or couldn’t follow through. | 或者没办法做到底 |
[42:20] | It’s hard to strangle someone. | 要勒死一个人并不容易 |
[42:22] | When you were choking Cater, did you panic? | 你勒住凯特的时候 有没有感到惊慌 |
[42:27] | – No. – No, you didn’t panic? | -没有 -你没感到惊慌吗 |
[42:29] | No, I didn’t kill nobody. | 不 我是没有杀人 |
[42:33] | Cater hustled at some of the gay clubs downtown. | 凯特在城里一些同性恋酒吧里卖淫 |
[42:36] | He your boyfriend? | 他是你男朋友吗 |
[42:39] | I am not homosexual. | 我不是同性恋 |
[42:43] | Know what I call a child talent scout | 你知道我管那种不做音乐 |
[42:45] | who makes no music and no money, Wayne? | 又不挣钱的儿童星探叫什么吗 韦恩 |
[42:48] | A fuckin’ pedophile. | 该死的恋童癖 |
[42:56] | Let’s go further back. | 聊聊更早的事吧 |
[43:01] | – Where were you May 11th? – I don’t know. | -5月11日你在哪儿 -我不知道 |
[43:03] | Think. | 想想 |
[43:05] | I guess I was at home. | 我想应该在家吧 |
[43:07] | – Was anybody with you? – No. | -有人跟你在一起吗 -没有 |
[43:08] | So on May 11th, | 那么在5月11日 |
[43:09] | when William Barrett was being strangled to death, | 威廉・巴雷特被勒死的时候 |
[43:12] | you were home alone. | 你是一个人待在家里 |
[43:16] | April 22nd: Jimmy Ray Payne went out to sell coins. | 4月22日 吉米・雷・佩恩出去卖硬币 |
[43:19] | His body was found in the Chattahoochee | 他的尸体在查特胡奇河被人发现 |
[43:21] | not far from where we met. | 距离我们见面的地方不远 |
[43:23] | Where were you on April 22nd? | 4月22日你在哪儿 |
[43:24] | Is that a Wednesday? | 那天是星期三吗 |
[43:27] | – Guess I was out. – Out where? | -我应该出门了吧 -去哪儿了 |
[43:29] | Working. Driving. | 工作 开车 |
[43:31] | – Was anyone with you? – I doubt it. | -有人跟你一起吗 -估计没有 |
[43:33] | Okay, moving on. | 好吧 继续 |
[43:35] | March 30th: Larry Rogers went missing. | 3月30日 拉里・罗杰斯失踪了 |
[43:37] | He was found a week later, strangled. | 一星期后 有人发现了他的尸体 是被勒死的 |
[43:39] | On his body, we found carpet fibers and dog hair. | 我们在他的尸体上发现了地毯纤维和狗毛 |
[43:43] | We’re taking fiber samples from your home right now | 现在我们正在给你家的纤维制品 |
[43:45] | and hair samples from Sheba. | 还有希巴的狗毛取样 |
[43:47] | Anything you want to tell us? | 你有什么要说的吗 |
[43:50] | Where were you on the afternoon of March 30th, Wayne? | 3月30日下午你在哪儿 韦恩 |
[43:53] | And if it helps you remember, it was raining. | 提醒你一下 当时在下雨 |
[43:56] | If it’s raining, uh, probably watchin’ TV. | 如果在下雨的话 我大概在看电视吧 |
[43:59] | Or maybe I’m playin’ solitaire. | 也可能在玩单人跳棋 |
[44:01] | Can anyone corroborate that? | 有谁能证明吗 |
[44:03] | Corroborate solitaire? | 证明玩单人跳棋吗 |
[44:07] | – March 20th, Eddie Duncan… – We gonna do this for all of ’em? | -3月20日 埃迪・邓肯 -你要挨个问吗 |
[44:09] | Unless there’s something else you’d like to share? | 除非你还有其他事想跟我们说 |
[44:13] | Y’all think Wayne Williams murdered all those kids? | 你们都认为是韦恩・威廉姆斯杀了那些孩子吗 |
[44:16] | Prove it. | 拿出证据 |
[44:18] | Or I think I’ll be going home. | 否则就让我回家 |
[44:20] | It’s a murder charge, gentlemen, | 这是谋杀指控 先生们 |
[44:22] | and you can’t conclusively tie him | 你们无法确切将他和任一受害人 |
[44:23] | to a single victim, whether alive or dead. | 联系起来 不论死活 |
[44:25] | The only thing you’ve got is a possible fiber match, | 你们唯一有的就是可能匹配的纤维化验结果 |
[44:28] | which no grand jury in Georgia is gonna consider | 在佐治亚 大陪审团最多只会把这 |
[44:30] | more than circumstantial, at best. | 当做次要证据 |
[44:32] | – That’s not enough to arrest him. – He had no alibi. | -那还不足以逮捕他 -他没有不在场证明 |
[44:34] | We went through 28 dates, | 我们查遍了28个日期 |
[44:35] | not a single verifiable alibi. | 他一个确凿的不在场证明都没有 |
[44:37] | Who can remember what they were doing two weeks ago, | 谁能记住自己两星期前在做什么 |
[44:39] | much less 14 months? | 更别说14个月前的事了 |
[44:41] | I’ve got attorneys from DOJ and the governor pressuring me. | 司法部的律师和州长都在给我施压 |
[44:46] | But the man’s polygraph was as inconclusive as your interview. | 不过他的测谎跟你们的审问一样无定论 |
[44:49] | He flatlined three times. That indicates deceptive. | 他出现了三次平线 这表明他说谎了 |
[44:52] | Wayne didn’t react differently to anything. | 韦恩对什么事的反应都一样 |
[44:54] | Only sociopaths do that. | 只有反社会者才会这样 |
[44:59] | As for our efforts this evening, | 我们今晚的工作 |
[45:02] | we’ve not obtained the necessary information | 没能获得提出指控或实施抓捕 |
[45:04] | to charge or make an arrest, | 所需的必要信息 |
[45:07] | so we will not be releasing the name of this individual. | 所以我们不会公布此人的姓名 |
[45:10] | We still have no suspect. | 我们仍旧没有嫌疑人 |
[45:12] | But we are always doing more than the public knows, | 但我们一直默默付出努力 公众不知道而已 |
[45:16] | but I cannot comment | 但我不能对任何 |
[45:18] | on any ongoing investigation we may be conducting. | 正在进行的调查发表评论 |
[45:23] | We are doing our best to bring an end to this prolonged tragedy. | 我们正尽最大努力结束这场旷日持久的悲剧 |
[45:27] | Wayne! Get over here. Let’s go. | 韦恩 过来 我们走 |
[45:29] | If there are any developments, we’ll keep you apprised. | 如果有进展 我们会通知大家的 |
[45:54] | Mr. Brown! | 布朗先生 |
[46:15] | I brought you your paper. | 我给你送报纸来了 |
[46:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[46:20] | Don’t you want to read it? | 你不想看看吗 |
[46:24] | – Oh, no. – They printed the man’s name and address. | -不 -他们公布了那个人的名字和地址 |
[46:26] | Somebody leaked this. | 是有人泄露的 |
[46:29] | This is your guy? | 这是你们在查的人吗 |
[46:30] | – Is this him? – We believe so. | -是他吗 -我们认为是 |
[46:32] | Because he doesn’t look like… | 因为他看着不像… |
[46:33] | He doesn’t look like he could hurt anybody. | 不像是会伤害别人的人 |
[46:35] | – What he looks does not… – They said he was smart, | -他的外表并不… -他们说他很聪明 |
[46:36] | he had his own radio station, owned his own business. | 他有自己的广播电台 有自己的生意 |
[46:39] | I know it seems unlikely, but he fits every aspect of the profile. | 我知道看起来不太可能 但他与侧写非常吻合 |
[46:43] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[46:46] | We’re very certain it was a black male, early 20s to early 30s, | 我们确信凶手是黑人男性 约二十到三十岁 |
[46:49] | – drives a certain type of car. – That’s it? | -开某一类型的车 -就这样吗 |
[46:52] | That’s what every cop in Atlanta looks for, for every crime. | 每次亚特兰大发生罪案 所有警察都找这种人 |
[46:55] | – A young black man. – It’s a little more complicated than that. | -黑人男青年 -事情比你想的要复杂 |
[46:58] | Did you investigate the man who called saying where to find a body? | 你查过打电话告诉你们哪里能找到尸体的那个人吗 |
[47:01] | Tanya, those calls were made by sad people looking for… | 坦娅 那些来电者都是可悲的人 寻求… |
[47:03] | There was more than one? | 居然不只一个吗 |
[47:04] | Well… Well, did you ask them? | 你问过他们吗 |
[47:07] | Did you even bother to look at the men who go out every day | 你可有好好看过每天都出门找小男孩的男人 |
[47:10] | looking for young boys? | 都是什么人 |
[47:12] | Men these boys might have known? | 这些孩子可能认识那些男人 |
[47:13] | Might have gotten into their car? | 可能上过他们的车 |
[47:24] | – Tanya, this guy… – “Fits.” | -坦娅 这个人… -“吻合” |
[47:27] | If you’re so sure he fits, how come you haven’t arrested him? | 如果你那么肯定是他 怎么还没逮捕他 |
[47:30] | – Because this is going to ruin his life. – There are procedures. | -因为这会毁了他这一辈子 -要遵守程序 |
[47:33] | I’m not saying, unequivocally, he did all 29, | 我并没有肯定地说 29个都是他杀的 |
[47:36] | – but I know he did some of them. – What if you’re wrong? | -但我知道有些是他杀的 -要是你错了呢 |
[47:38] | – I’m not. – Because he’s black? | -我没有 -就因为他是黑人吗 |
[47:40] | Because he drives some kind of car? | 就因为他开的车对得上吗 |
[47:41] | Would you like to come inside? | 你能不能进来说 |
[47:43] | No, I would not. | 不 我不进去 |
[47:45] | But I should congratulate you, Agent Ford. | 但我应该恭喜你 福特探员 |
[47:47] | I guess y’all came here to find a brother to fit the bill, | 我猜你们来这儿就是为了找个合适的黑人顶罪 |
[47:49] | and find one, you did. | 现在你们找到了 |
[47:54] | 亚特兰大杀人魔身份曝光 | |
[47:56] | There were reporters everywhere. | 到处都有记者 |
[47:57] | Remember, they got the plumber’s name. | 记得吗 他们也查到了水管工的名字 |
[47:59] | But they didn’t call him the “Atlanta Monster.” | 但他们没有管他叫”亚特兰大杀人魔” |
[48:01] | Somebody leaked it. For a reason. | 有人泄了密 因为某种原因 |
[48:05] | It’ll definitely make him sweat. | 这绝对会让他坐立不安 |
[48:07] | Fuck me. | 该死的 |
[48:17] | 第五频道 | |
[48:33] | – How many times has he peeked out? – A few. | -他往外张望过几次 -好几次 |
[48:36] | Countin’ the cameras. | 在数摄影机的数量 |
[48:37] | We’re not gonna see much more of him until this dies down. | 在这里清静之前 他不会更多地露面的 |
[48:41] | Station said we had a walk-in this morning, young guy. | 局里说今早有个年轻人来提供情报 |
[48:44] | The tip lines have been flooded. | 情报热线被打爆了 |
[48:46] | Suddenly everybody’s seen Wayne, | 突然间所有人都见过韦恩 |
[48:47] | they all got something to tell, | 他们都有料要爆 |
[48:48] | long as they’re in line for a reward. | 只要他们能得到赏金 |
[48:50] | But this guy may be worth our time. | 但这个人可能值得我们花时间 |
[48:53] | Let’s go talk to him. | 我们去跟他谈谈 |
[48:54] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[48:56] | Y’all ready? | 你们都准备好了吗 |
[48:58] | Here’s a copy of my résumé. | 这是我的简历 |
[49:00] | Everybody take one. | 每个人都拿一份 |
[49:02] | The rules are nobody shows my face. | 规矩就是不准播出我的脸 |
[49:04] | If y’all agree to that, come on in. | 如果你们都同意 那就进来 |
[49:06] | Our Renaissance man knows how to get in front of a story. | 我们的大才子很懂得如何左右舆论 |
[49:08] | Let’s, uh… | 我们… |
[49:17] | Did you kill those children, Wayne? | 是你杀了那些孩子吗 韦恩 |
[49:19] | No, I did not. | 不 不是我 |
[49:21] | Then why are you a suspect? | 那为什么你是嫌疑人 |
[49:23] | I got stopped by the FBI at the James Jackson Parkway Bridge. | 我在詹姆斯・杰克逊林荫路桥被联调局拦下 |
[49:26] | They asked me what I’d dropped in the river. | 他们问我往河里扔了什么 |
[49:28] | I said, “Nothing.” | 我说”什么也没扔” |
[49:30] | Ever since then, they’ve been following me. | 从那时起 他们就一直跟踪我 |
[49:32] | – For no reason? – Oh, they got their reasons. | -毫无理由吗 -他们自有理由啦 |
[49:34] | They’re desperate to pin these murders on someone, | 他们迫切想将这些谋杀案归咎于某人 |
[49:36] | and they know damn well if they arrest a white man, | 他们非常清楚 如果他们逮捕一个白人 |
[49:39] | this city will burn. | 这座城市会群情激愤 |
[49:40] | What do you want, Mr. Williams? | 你想要什么 威廉姆斯先生 |
[49:42] | To be left alone. | 想得到清静 |
[49:43] | And an apology from those FBI agents | 以及来自联调局探员的道歉 |
[49:45] | who spent last night threatening me and accusing me. | 他们昨晚一直威胁和控诉我 |
[49:48] | – I think he’s referring to you. – Or you. | -我想他指的是你 -或你 |
[49:50] | Did you know any of the victims? | 你认识哪位受害人吗 |
[49:51] | No, sir. | 不认识 先生 |
[49:52] | Do you want to say anything to the families of the victims? | 你想对受害人的家人说些什么吗 |
[49:52] | 美国有线新闻网 直播 采访韦恩・威廉姆斯 | |
[49:55] | Well, I work with children so I know | 我和孩子一起共事 所以我知道 |
[49:57] | some of these kids are in places | 有些孩子出现在 |
[49:58] | they don’t have no business being in. | 他们不该去的地方 |
[50:00] | Got no supervision. They’re just runnin’ the streets. | 无人看管 他们只是在大街上乱跑 |
[50:03] | And I’m saying, while you’re doing that… | 我要说的是 当你这样做的时候… |
[50:04] | That’s not giving anyone a license to kill… | 当然这并不赋予任何人杀人的权利 |
[50:06] | But you open yourself up to all types of things. | 但你这样做就会面临各种遭遇 |
[50:09] | Bad things. | 不好的遭遇 |
[50:10] | Mr. Williams, did the FBI ask you to take a polygraph test? | 威廉姆斯先生 联调局要求你做过测谎吗 |
[50:13] | Yes. And I did so voluntarily. It was considered inconclusive. | 是的 我是自愿的 测试结果无定论 |
[50:17] | What suspected murderer risks holding a press conference | 什么样的杀人嫌犯会在没有律师和准备的情况下 |
[50:19] | with no lawyer and no preparation? | 冒险举办记者会 |
[50:21] | Someone who’s certain he’ll never be caught. | 确信自己永远不会被抓的人 |
[50:23] | Or someone who’s really pissed of being wrongly accused. | 或者是因为被冤枉而非常恼火的人 |
[50:27] | Let’s go talk to your pigeon. | 我们去和你的线人聊聊 |
[50:28] | When I said I didn’t, they called me a liar. | 当我说我没杀人时 他们管我叫骗子 |
[50:31] | You said you know Wayne Williams? | 你说你认识韦恩・威廉姆斯吗 |
[50:33] | Yeah. Me and Wayne play ball together. | 是的 我和韦恩常一起打球 |
[50:35] | Sometimes we do music on the side. | 有时候还会一起做音乐 |
[50:38] | If I tell y’all what I know, and y’all use it, | 如果我告诉你们我知道的事 你们又用上了的话 |
[50:40] | I get that reward, right? | 我就能得到赏金 对吗 |
[50:41] | Let’s chat for a while, then see if I need to call the mayor. | 我们先聊一会 再看看有没有必要打给市长 |
[50:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:45] | So, Mr. Marcus, what can you tell us? | 马可斯先生 你有什么能告诉我们的 |
[50:48] | Well, you see, Wayne ain’t like you always see him. | 韦恩其实不像外界看到的那样 |
[50:51] | – He’s a Gemini. – His horoscope? | -他是双子座 -他的星座吗 |
[50:52] | Yeah, you know, like, the twins. | 是啊 就是一对双胞胎的那个 |
[50:54] | Except with Wayne, you never know which one you’re gonna get. | 只是你永远不知道会遇到韦恩哪一面 |
[50:56] | – And one is worse than the other? – Oh, yeah. | -其中一面比另一面更糟吗 -是的 |
[50:58] | He can get angry sometimes. | 他有时候会生气 |
[51:00] | He doesn’t look like it, but he can. | 他看起来不像 但他会生气 |
[51:02] | What does Wayne get angry about? | 韦恩会对什么事生气呢 |
[51:03] | A while back, some folks came around looking for donations, | 前阵子 有人过来募捐 |
[51:05] | you know, to help find those missing kids. | 为了帮忙找到那些失踪的孩子 |
[51:08] | – Well, I was gonna put something in… – Very generous. | -我本来要放点钱进去… -很慷慨 |
[51:10] | Well, yeah, but Wayne told me don’t waste the money. | 是啊 但韦恩叫我不要浪费钱 |
[51:13] | He said those dead kids were nothing but a bunch of prostitutes | 他说那些死掉的孩子只不过是一群男妓 |
[51:16] | hanging around the streets all night long. | 整夜在街上游荡 |
[51:17] | He called the victims prostitutes? | 他把那些被害人称为男妓 |
[51:19] | He acted like it was a good thing. | 他说得就像那些人被杀是好事 |
[51:21] | Said that they were drop shots and giving us a bad name. | 说他们就是废柴 给黑人带来坏名声 |
[51:24] | Said we work so hard, but we can’t get nothing done. | 说我们如此努力工作 却什么也成就不了 |
[51:26] | What’s a drop shot? | 废柴是什么 |
[51:27] | Anybody who ain’t worth much of nothing. | 没有任何价值的人 |
[51:29] | You just shoot ’em, drop ’em, get ’em gone. | 可以随意弄死他们 让他们消失 |
[51:33] | Could go to motive. | 有可能构成杀人动机 |
[51:34] | Like he was cleaning up the streets. | 就像他是在清理社会 |
[51:37] | Or it’s more personal. | 或者是更私人的动机 |
[51:40] | Wayne’s parents have him late, | 韦恩的父母很晚才生的他 |
[51:42] | give him everything to succeed. | 给了他成功的一切条件 |
[51:44] | He works hard at school, | 他在学校很努力 |
[51:45] | he’s smart, runs his own radio station. | 他很聪明 运营自己的电台 |
[51:48] | The next Berry Gordy. | 下一个贝瑞・高迪 |
[51:48] | 美国著名唱片制作人 1959年创立摩城唱片公司 | |
[51:50] | Who? | 谁 |
[51:52] | – Never mind. – But everything dries up. | -不重要 -但一切都枯竭了 |
[51:54] | Radio station gets closed down, he drops out of college. | 电台关闭 他从大学辍学 |
[51:57] | Wayne never reaches his full potential. | 韦恩从来没有发挥出全部潜力 |
[52:00] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
[52:01] | He believes it’s because he’s seen as just another black kid. | 他相信这是因为 他被当成是普通的黑人小孩 |
[52:05] | It’s a box he can’t get out of. | 这是他无法摆脱的束缚 |
[52:06] | So who does he take it out on? | 那他要向谁发泄呢 |
[52:08] | Poor black kids. | 穷黑人小孩 |
[52:09] | He’s trying to regain control. | 他试图重新掌控人生 |
[52:11] | Like Berkowitz, Kemper. | 就像伯科威茨 坎伯 |
[52:13] | Men plagued by inadequacy and failure. | 深受能力不足和失败折磨的男人 |
[52:16] | Williams isn’t ashamed of his sexuality, | 威廉姆斯不是为自己的性向感到羞耻 |
[52:17] | he’s ashamed of his failure to achieve. | 他是耻于自己没能获得成功 |
[52:20] | That’s why he talks himself up. That’s why he exaggerates. | 这就是为什么他吹嘘自己 夸大自己 |
[52:23] | Maybe that’s why he kills. | 也许这也是他杀人的原因 |
[52:26] | Plays to your narcissist angle. | 符合你自恋的分析角度 |
[52:28] | But even if Mr. Civic Duty is telling the truth, | 但就算这位公民责任先生说的是真的 |
[52:32] | there’s nothing material there. | 也没有实质性的东西 |
[52:34] | It’s not evidence, Holden. It’s a theory. | 没有证据 霍顿 只是理论而已 |
[52:37] | And we know we’re not getting an arrest warrant | 而且我们知道仅靠”心理学” |
[52:38] | based on “psychology.” | 是申请不到逮捕令的 |
[52:40] | Now that Wayne’s a sideshow, he can’t even jaywalk | 不过现在韦恩成了媒体宠儿 他闯个红灯 |
[52:42] | without being on the nightly news. | 都能上夜间新闻 |
[52:44] | The likelihood of him snatching another victim is zero. | 他危害下一位受害者的几率为零 |
[52:47] | Disappointed? | 失望了 |
[52:49] | I’m going to the hotel. | 我要回酒店了 |
[52:51] | Have a drink, call my wife. You coming? | 喝杯酒 打个电话给老婆 你来吗 |
[52:54] | Yeah. | 行 |
[52:57] | There are federal guidelines regarding our jur… | 我们的管辖权是有联邦指导方针的 |
[52:59] | – Maybe you can be one of us. – Go back. | -也许你能成为我们的一员 -调回去 |
[53:00] | – The few, the proud… – We simply had to get involved. | -成为光荣的… -我们别无办法只能插手 |
[53:04] | The bureau’s been in Atlanta for several months now. | 联调局已经在亚特兰大查了几个月了 |
[53:08] | How has a federal presence affected the investigation? | 联邦机构加入会给调查带来怎样的影响 |
[53:11] | Our agents augment the efforts | 我们的探员在个案上 |
[53:12] | of the task force in individual cases, | 帮助了专案组 |
[53:15] | and we’ve made progress in our own investigations | 而且针对许多我们认为有关联的案子 |
[53:17] | into many of the crimes that we believe are linked. | 我们的调查也取得了很大的进展 |
[53:19] | With regards to arrests, | 但就逮捕而言 |
[53:20] | the sum total during the investigation so far has been zero. | 到目前完全没有 |
[53:23] | And the press is consistently told there are no suspects. | 而媒体也始终被告知没有嫌疑人 |
[53:27] | 威廉・H・韦伯斯特 | |
[53:27] | Can you be specific on the progress you’ve made? | 你能详细讲下目前取得的进展吗 |
[53:30] | – I believe it’s significant. – What’s he doing? | -我认为进展很重大 -他在干什么 |
[53:32] | I am quietly confident that an arrest is imminent. | 我有信心很快就能抓到罪犯 |
[53:35] | – Putting us on a deadline. – You have a suspect? | -给我们设最后期限 -现在有嫌疑人吗 |
[53:37] | I’m not going to give details at this time, | 现阶段我不会透露任何细节 |
[53:39] | but we should have some information soon. | 但很快就会有消息了 |
[53:41] | Twenty-three-year-old Wayne Williams, | 23岁的韦恩・威廉姆斯 |
[53:43] | a talent agent and music promoter. | 是一名星探和音乐经纪人 |
[53:46] | While law enforcement has said only that there will be no arrest, | 虽然执法部门称不会进行逮捕 |
[53:50] | Williams gave reporters a glimpse… | 但威廉姆斯还是向记者们透露了一丝… |
[53:51] | 亚特兰大儿童凶杀案嫌犯 | |
[54:56] | Has he left the house today? | 他今天出过房子吗 |
[54:57] | Not Wayne. | 韦恩没有 |
[54:58] | Homer came out and took photographs of the photographers. | 倒是霍默出来拍下了摄影师们 |
[55:02] | You see Webster on NewsHour? | 你在新闻上面看到韦伯斯特了吗 |
[55:04] | Think Slaton’s changed his mind? | 你觉得斯雷顿改变主意了吗 |
[55:05] | I think somebody’s making it clear they want him to. | 我觉得有人清楚表达了希望他改变主意 |
[55:08] | Any news from the lab? | 化验结果出来了吗 |
[55:09] | Peterson’s matched carpet fibers from his bedroom to 14 victims. | 皮特森检出卧室地毯的纤维与14名受害者身上的匹配 |
[55:13] | The dog hair to five. | 狗毛与5名符合 |
[55:14] | Shame the DA doesn’t care for all that scientific mumbo jumbo. | 可惜地检根本不关心这些科学术语 |
[55:20] | – Mr. Williams! – Mr. Williams! Come on! | -威廉姆斯先生 -威廉姆斯先生 看这边 |
[55:22] | Give me a picture! | 让我拍一张 |
[55:47] | I’ve been here all night. You want this one? | 我在这守了一夜了 你来跟吗 |
[55:49] | Sure. | 好 |
[56:17] | Officer! | 警官 |
[56:21] | Do me a favor. If the father comes out, call it in to the station. | 帮我个忙 他爸爸要是出来 联系总台 |
[56:24] | – You got it. – Thank you. | -没问题 -谢谢 |
[56:28] | He’s loving this. | 他很享受这一切 |
[56:29] | Police, press, choppers… Like a fucking presidential motorcade. | 警察 媒体 直升机 跟他妈的总统出行似的 |
[56:33] | And he knows it’s a colossal waste of time. | 他知道我们这纯属浪费时间 |
[56:35] | The hours we spend following him to convenience stores | 花这么多时间跟踪他去便利店和酒吧 |
[56:38] | and dive bars get us no closer to an arrest. | 是根本找不到证据逮捕他的 |
[56:41] | Could be a late lunch. | 可能是去吃午饭呢 |
[56:43] | Maybe we’ll get another shitty fish sandwich. | 也许会再投喂我们一个难吃的三明治 |
[57:19] | Maynard Jackson! Mayor! | 梅纳德・杰克逊 市长 |
[57:23] | Come look at the mess you made! | 出来看看你造成的乱子 |
[57:27] | Funny way to demand less attention. | 用这种方式来摆脱媒体关注真是有趣 |
[57:29] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[57:33] | Mayor! You put out a bounty, | 市长 你放出悬赏 |
[57:35] | but don’t care if you frame an innocent man? | 却不在乎是否栽赃了一个无辜的人 |
[57:37] | Come look at what I have to live with! | 出来看看我每天都过着什么日子 |
[57:41] | Where are you going, Mayor? To call the police? | 你要去哪 市长 去报警吗 |
[57:44] | They already here! | 他们已经在这了 |
[57:47] | Why are you hiding? | 你为什么要躲藏 |
[57:48] | Get back out here and look at what you have done! | 回来看看你都做了什么 |
[57:51] | Station to A-T-64. Package two is moving. | 总台呼叫AT64 二号目标移动中 |
[57:54] | Package two is moving. | 二号目标移动中 |
[57:55] | Traveling west in a black Mercury sedan. | 驾驶一辆黑色水星轿车往西行驶 |
[57:59] | A-T-64 has eyes on him. | AT64看见他了 |
[58:15] | 顶点航空 私人包机服务 | |
[58:25] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[58:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[58:30] | The man who just left here, what did he want? | 刚刚离开的那个人 他来做什么 |
[58:32] | He was inquiring about charters to South America. | 他咨询了包机去南美的事情 |
[58:36] | Did he purchase anything, a ticket? | 他买什么了吗 机票之类的 |
[58:39] | No. But he did say he might be seeing me again soon. | 没有 不过他说可能很快会再来找我 |
[58:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[58:45] | We’ve seen unsubs exhibit hubris. | 我们看过不明嫌犯表现出狂妄 |
[58:48] | Writing letters, hanging out in cop bars. | 写信 出入警察常去的酒吧 |
[58:50] | But if one of them had openly become a suspect, | 但如果众人皆知他们是嫌犯 |
[58:53] | would they be taunting police? | 他们还会嘲弄警察吗 |
[58:54] | This guy has no self-preservation instinct. | 这个人没有自我保护的本能 |
[58:57] | This is his one chance to get the attention he feels he deserves. | 这是他获得他自觉应得的关注唯一的机会 |
[59:01] | As soon as the story slows down, | 媒体对他的兴趣一消退 |
[59:02] | he finds a way to get the cameras back on him. | 他就想方设法把镜头拉回来 |
[59:04] | There you are. | 你们在这呢 |
[59:07] | You missed it. | 你错过好戏了 |
[59:08] | – Missed what? – Guess where Quincy Jones took us today? | -什么好戏 -猜猜今天大音乐家带我们去哪了 |
[59:11] | – The mayor’s house. – And not just a drive-by. | -市长家 -还不只是路过 |
[59:13] | He parked the whole convoy on the road. | 他带着整支车队停在门口 |
[59:15] | Ringmaster of his own media circus. | 指挥他的媒体马戏团演了场好戏 |
[59:16] | – It was unbelievable. – It makes perfect sense. | -难以置信 -合情合理 |
[59:18] | – That’s what I was saying. – It’s a diversion. | -我也是这么说的 -那是转移注意力 |
[59:21] | – A diversion? – For? | -转移注意力 -目的是什么 |
[59:23] | After he pulled out, Homer left the house. | 他离开后 霍默也出门了 |
[59:25] | I followed him to the airport. | 我跟着他到了机场 |
[59:26] | He made inquiries with a private charter about flights to South America. | 他咨询了私人包机去南美的事情 |
[59:31] | You gotta call Slaton. | 赶紧联系斯雷顿 |
[59:33] | We may not be able to give him any more evidence, | 我们虽然没办法给他更多证据 |
[59:34] | but our main suspect just became a flight risk. | 但主要嫌疑人现在有了潜逃风险 |
[59:41] | It wasn’t just hubris. | 他不只是狂妄自大 |
[59:43] | It was strategic. | 还精心筹划了 |
[1:00:04] | If they won’t take flight risk as probable cause, | 如果连畏罪潜逃都不算正当逮捕理由的话 |
[1:00:06] | we’re gonna be sittin’ out here till the next body drops. | 我们就只能在这等到他下次抛尸了 |
[1:00:19] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[1:00:35] | – They’re bringing him out! – What are the charges? | -他们要逮捕他 -是什么罪名 |
[1:00:53] | Did I miss something? | 我错过什么了吗 |
[1:00:55] | Looks like we all did. | 看来我们都被蒙在鼓里了 |
[1:01:04] | The DA told us we had insubstantial evidence. | 地检之前说我们的证据不充分 |
[1:01:06] | It’s his drumbeat. | 他很坚决 |
[1:01:07] | It seems he was persuaded to change his mind. | 看来有人说服他改变了主意 |
[1:01:09] | How? | 怎么会 |
[1:01:10] | The Justice Department invited themselves | 司法部昨晚不请自来 |
[1:01:12] | to the governor’s mansion last night. | 拜访了州长的宅邸 |
[1:01:13] | – And the DA was guest of honor. – He was. | -而地检就是主宾 -没错 |
[1:01:16] | The fibers from the search came back a perfect match. | 搜查到的纤维经化验完全吻合 |
[1:01:19] | Justice was able to convince him | 司法部说服了他 |
[1:01:20] | that he could get a conviction with that. | 他凭此能给嫌疑人定罪 |
[1:01:22] | Slaton agreed to charge him with two of the murders, | 斯雷顿同意以两起谋杀案起诉他 |
[1:01:23] | as long as his officers made the arrest. | 前提是由他的警官负责逮捕 |
[1:01:25] | – We don’t care who hauls him in. – Exactly. | -我们不在乎是谁负责抓人 -正是 |
[1:01:27] | Which two is he charged with? | 是哪两件案子 |
[1:01:28] | The one near the bridge. Carter? | 在桥附近的那起 叫卡特吧 |
[1:01:30] | – Cater. – And number 27. Payne, I think. | -是凯特 -还有27号 应该是佩恩 |
[1:01:33] | Both adults? | 都是成年人 |
[1:01:34] | They aren’t getting him for any of the children? | 难道没有指控他谋杀儿童吗 |
[1:01:36] | Look, he could be good for anywhere from two to ten of them. | 他可能会遭到两到十起案件的指控 |
[1:01:39] | They’ll charge him with as many as they think will get convictions. | 那边会在保证定罪的前提下尽可能多做指控 |
[1:01:41] | The important thing is we got him off the streets. | 重要的是我们成功将他捉拿归案了 |
[1:01:45] | Earlier today, | 今天早些时候 |
[1:01:46] | a man by the name of Wayne Bertram Williams | 一位名叫韦恩・伯特伦・威廉姆斯的男子 |
[1:01:49] | was arrested and charged with the murders | 因纳撒尼尔・卡特和吉米・雷・佩恩两起谋杀案 |
[1:01:51] | of Nathaniel Cater and Jimmy Ray Payne. | 而被抓捕并遭到起诉 |
[1:01:54] | This arrest comes after an extensive investigation | 这次抓捕行动是广泛细致调查的结果 |
[1:01:57] | led by the FBI, | 由联调局牵头 |
[1:01:59] | in conjunction with local and state authorities. | 同时当地与州执法部门积极配合 |
[1:02:02] | I now pray our city, which has been through so much, can rest, | 在此我祈愿这座伤痕累累的城市终能得到安宁 |
[1:02:08] | and that today’s events mark the start of a time for us to heal. | 今天的事件也标志着我们复原的开始 |
[1:02:12] | Left a stack of shit on your desk. | 我把一堆资料放你办公桌上了 |
[1:02:14] | Still a lot to clean up. | 还有很多要清理的 |
[1:02:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:02:17] | Remember your kid in the mall, | 还记得商场里那个孩子吗 |
[1:02:19] | the house next to Fulton County Stadium he talked about? | 他提到过富尔顿县体育场旁边的那栋房子 |
[1:02:22] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[1:02:22] | I asked a recruit to go through three years | 我让一个警校新生排查了近三年来的 |
[1:02:24] | of pedophile complaints and convictions, look for any red flags. | 恋童癖投诉和定罪 看有没有值得注意的 |
[1:02:28] | Found this guy. | 找到了这个家伙 |
[1:02:29] | Sixty-three-years-old, black. | 63岁 黑人 |
[1:02:31] | We got complaints of young boys | 我们接到过数宗投诉 |
[1:02:32] | being given drugs and spending the night. | 他给年轻男孩们毒品 换取他们陪他过夜 |
[1:02:36] | This fucking smells. | 这确实有蹊跷 |
[1:02:38] | There’s no connection between him and the house in Lakewood. | 目前无法将他与莱克伍德的那栋房子联系起来 |
[1:02:40] | The old white guy. | 老白人男 |
[1:02:41] | This recruit was on the detail | 这位警校新生还参与整理了 |
[1:02:42] | that boxed up the Polaroids from Lakewood. | 在莱克伍德发现的拍立得照片 |
[1:02:44] | He swears there were pictures of black children among them. | 他确信照片里出现了黑人儿童 |
[1:02:47] | Evidence log said the photos were exclusively young white males. | 证据记录称照片里只有年轻白人男子 |
[1:02:50] | He also said they hauled out thousands of Polaroids. | 他还说警方搜出了数千张拍立得 |
[1:02:54] | This puts the number between 300 and 400. | 这上面说只有三百到四百张 |
[1:02:57] | He says APD locked up the photos. | 他说亚特兰大警署把照片都封存了 |
[1:03:00] | But when they got logged into evidence, | 但他们再去查这些证据时 |
[1:03:01] | there were no pictures of black children. | 黑人儿童的照片都不见了 |
[1:03:03] | Would your recruit go on record with the district attorney? | 那个警校新生愿意公开跟地检说这事吗 |
[1:03:06] | He doesn’t want his name to be used. | 他不想暴露自己的姓名 |
[1:03:08] | He’s just giving us something to run down. | 只是想给我们一条可以追的线索 |
[1:03:09] | We know two of our victims visited the Lakewood house. | 我们知道有两名受害者曾去过莱克伍德的房子 |
[1:03:12] | And we have an unverified account | 同时还有一条未经查实的线索称 |
[1:03:15] | of kids going to a “stadium house.” | 有几个孩子去过体育场旁的房子 |
[1:03:17] | You’ve got the manpower now. | 你现在有足够的人力 |
[1:03:18] | Start with those two houses, question the neighbors, | 先从那两栋房子下手 询问附近邻居 |
[1:03:21] | press the offenders. Something will shake loose. | 给罪犯施压 会有消息抖露的 |
[1:03:25] | Do it quietly, independently. | 记得要保持隐蔽 独立调查 |
[1:03:27] | We’ve been working with this task force for months. | 我们和这个专案组一同工作了数月 |
[1:03:30] | Somebody from APD knew we should have been looking | 亚特兰大警局里有人一直都知道 |
[1:03:32] | at these guys all along. | 我们应该调查这些人的 |
[1:04:04] | Smells good. | 好香啊 |
[1:04:08] | – You come to be congratulated? – To say goodbye. | -你是过来接受祝贺的吗 -来道别 |
[1:04:11] | For now. But I want you to know I’ll be back. | 只是暂时离开 我会回来的 |
[1:04:15] | The FBI is still working these cases. | 联调局还在查这些案子 |
[1:04:17] | My son Yusef’s been dead 20 months now, Agent Ford. | 我儿子尤瑟夫已经去世20个月了 福特探员 |
[1:04:20] | All my Yusef could’ve and should’ve been is gone. | 我的尤瑟夫所有的未来与希望都没了 |
[1:04:25] | And you’re telling me that that is on account of Wayne Williams? | 你意思是这全都是因为韦恩・威廉姆斯吗 |
[1:04:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:04:30] | Then why hasn’t he been arrested for it? | 那他为什么没有因此被捕 |
[1:04:32] | Why hasn’t he been charged with killing of any of our babies? | 为什么他没有被指控杀害了我们任何一个孩子 |
[1:04:36] | More charges will be brought. | 会向他提出更多指控的 |
[1:04:38] | Is it because you aren’t really sure it’s him? | 是因为你没办法下定论凶手是他吗 |
[1:04:40] | Mrs. Bell, I’m not saying | 贝尔太太 我没有说 |
[1:04:41] | Williams perpetrated all 29 murders. | 威廉姆斯是全部29起谋杀案的凶手 |
[1:04:44] | But right now, we have enough to tie him to two. | 但目前 我们掌握的证据仅够指控他两起 |
[1:04:47] | And I’m confident, given time, | 我坚信 假以时日 |
[1:04:50] | we’ll be able to charge him with a significant number of them. | 我们就能起诉他犯下其中大部分案件 |
[1:04:53] | We still have agents from all over working every case diligently. | 来自各地的探员仍在勤恳调查每一起案件 |
[1:04:56] | You do now. But what about tomorrow? | 现在是这样 那明天呢 |
[1:04:59] | When everybody decides they’ve found their scapegoat | 大家都觉得只要找到了替罪羊 |
[1:05:01] | and that is good enough. | 案件就落下帷幕了 |
[1:05:05] | What are we gonna be left with? | 我们到时会怎么样 |
[1:05:07] | We are not leaving. | 我们是不会走的 |
[1:05:08] | And Williams will spend the rest of his life in… | 而威廉姆斯的下半辈子都会在… |
[1:05:10] | Not for Yusef’s death. | 但不是因为尤瑟夫的死 |
[1:05:14] | Or Jeffrey’s. | 也不是因为杰弗里 |
[1:05:15] | Or Angel’s. Or Earl’s. | 不是因为安琪或厄尔 |
[1:05:18] | Wayne Williams didn’t kill my boy. | 韦恩・威廉姆斯没有杀害我的孩子 |
[1:05:20] | I know that in my bones. | 我打心底明白 |
[1:05:23] | You’ve gone and found yourselves a black man. | 你们不过是找了个黑人来顶罪 |
[1:05:24] | Wayne might just be Atlanta’s 30th victim. | 韦恩可能就是亚特兰大的第30位受害者 |
[1:05:27] | I can promise you that’s not true. | 我向你保证不是那样的 |
[1:05:30] | Careful about making promises, Agent Ford. | 别轻易许下承诺 福特探员 |
[1:05:37] | That is known as a victory lap. | 那就是胜利后绕场一周庆祝 |
[1:05:39] | Families who have waited so long for justice. | 那些等待正义伸张已久的家庭 |
[1:05:42] | It’s supposed to be taken at the end of the race. | 按理说应该比赛结束后才绕场 |
[1:05:47] | I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰你们了 |
[1:05:49] | Enjoy your meal, and I will see you soon. | 请慢慢享用晚餐 我们很快会再见面 |
[1:06:05] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[1:06:06] | – Have The Beatles landed? – We’re the fucking Beatles. | -披头士乐队来了吗 -我们就是巨星 |
[1:06:10] | Wow! Beats Delta. | 比达美航空强多了 |
[1:06:12] | Webster’s very pleased. | 韦伯斯特很满意 |
[1:06:14] | He’s deemed the bureau’s success as largely due to us. | 他认为联调局这次大获成功 大部分归功于我们 |
[1:06:17] | It’s nice, being recognized. | 被认可的感觉很好 |
[1:06:19] | Well, you’ve earned it. | 这是你们应得的 |
[1:06:21] | We closed the highest profile case in the country. | 我们结了美国有史以来最受瞩目的案子 |
[1:06:24] | We’re downgrading Atlanta to pending inactive status. | 准备将亚特兰大降到待定的不活跃状态 |
[1:06:27] | The director wants to show his appreciation. | 局长想表达他对你们的感谢 |
[1:06:29] | Wait, inactive? | 等等 不活跃 |
[1:06:31] | We’ll keep a few agents here for trial support | 我们会留几名探员在这里配合审讯 |
[1:06:33] | and cataloging evidence. | 以及将证据归类 |
[1:06:35] | What about the kids? | 那些孩子呢 |
[1:06:37] | It’s up to the DA which cases get tied to Williams. | 由地检决定哪些案子和威廉姆斯联系起来 |
[1:06:40] | The important thing is, from now on, we’ll be first in. | 重要的是 从今以后谁都要给我们让路 |
[1:06:44] | Atlanta’s changed everything. | 亚特兰大改变了一切 |
[1:06:48] | We did our jobs. | 我们完成了自己的职责 |
[1:06:50] | We have no control over anything else. | 其他的事我们无法控制 |
[1:06:54] | Take a victory lap. | 绕场一周庆祝胜利吧 |
[1:07:17] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:07:20] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:07:23] | ? Though I know I done no wrong I feel guilt ? | |
[1:07:28] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:07:31] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:07:34] | ? Though I know I’ve done no wrong I feel guilt ? | |
[1:07:39] | ? I feel bad ? | |
[1:07:42] | ? So bad ? | |
[1:07:44] | ? Though I ain’t done nothin’ wrong I feel bad ? | |
[1:07:50] | ? I feel bad ? ? Feel bad ? | |
[1:07:53] | ? So bad ? | |
[1:07:55] | ? Though I ain’t done nothin’ wrong I feel bad ? | |
[1:08:00] | ? I never lied to my lover ? | |
[1:08:06] | ? But if I did, I would admit it ? | |
[1:08:11] | ? If I could get away with murder ? | |
[1:08:16] | ? I’d take my gun, and I’d commit it ? | |
[1:08:21] | ? I never gave to the rich ? | |
[1:08:26] | ? I never stole from the poor… ? | |
[1:08:30] | President Reagan has told Congress | 里根总统告诉国会 |
[1:08:32] | he will throw his full support | 他将在背后全力支持 |
[1:08:33] | behind the bipartisan… | 两党的… |
[1:08:37] | ? Give me more, more, more More, more, more, more, more, more ? | |
[1:08:43] | And the adoption of the amendment | 修正案通过后 |
[1:08:45] | will curtail current costs and inflation. | 将缩减现在的成本和通胀 |
[1:08:48] | The House will vote on the proposed amendment in the coming weeks. | 在接下来的几周里 众议院将就拟议修正案投票表决 |
[1:08:52] | In Atlanta today, the public safety commissioner | 今天在亚特兰大 公共安全专员 |
[1:08:54] | and the district attorney | 及地方检察官 |
[1:08:55] | held a press conference to announce developments | 召开了新闻发布会 |
[1:08:58] | in the case of the city’s missing and murdered children. | 公布该市儿童失踪与谋杀案的进展 |
[1:09:01] | In all investigations, you reach a point | 在所有调查中 都会遇到 |
[1:09:03] | when you’ve done all you can. | 已经尽了全力的状况 |
[1:09:04] | So for now, we’re suspending all 29 investigations, | 我们已逮捕头号嫌疑犯 |
[1:09:08] | having arrested our prime suspect. | 因此将暂停全部29项调查 |
[1:09:11] | Commissioner! | 专员 |
[1:09:14] | Will Wayne Williams be indicted for more than two murders? | 韦恩・威廉姆斯是否会在两宗起诉之上继续被起诉 |
[1:09:17] | At this time, no. | 目前不会 |
[1:09:19] | 特别报道 | |
[1:09:20] | Does that mean you’re telling the families of the other victims | 你们是在告诉其他受害人的家人 |
[1:09:22] | that the man who murdered their children might walk free? | 杀害他们孩子的凶手可能会逍遥法外吗 |
[1:09:27] | No, we are not. | 不是 |
[1:09:28] | I would say to them that their children’s cases | 我意思是他们孩子的案件 |
[1:09:30] | will be handed to local police departments. | 将被移交给当地警局 |
[1:09:32] | I would also say that, | 我还想对他们说 |
[1:09:34] | while we may not have all the required evidence to convict, | 虽然我们没有定罪所需的所有证据 |
[1:09:37] | we do have enough to close. | 我们仍有足够证据结案 |
[1:09:40] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:09:42] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:09:45] | ? Though I know I done no wrong I feel guilt ? | |
[1:09:46] | 直到2019年 | |
[1:09:47] | 剩余的27宗案件仍未提出起诉 | |
[1:09:50] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:09:52] | ? I feel guilt ? | |
[1:10:00] | 堪萨斯州 章克申城 | |
[1:10:51] | 南茜・福克斯 1977年12月9日被杀害 | |
[1:11:00] | 人母雪莉・维恩 1977年3月17日惨遭谋杀 | |
[1:11:06] | ? I know ? | |
[1:11:09] | ? Something about ? | |
[1:11:11] | ? Opening windows and doors ? | |
[1:11:18] | ? I know ? | |
[1:11:20] | ? How to move quietly ? | |
[1:11:23] | ? To creep across creaky wooden floors ? | |
[1:11:29] | ? I know ? | |
[1:11:32] | ? Where to find precious things ? | |
[1:11:35] | ? In all your cupboards and drawers ? | |
[1:11:45] | ? Slipping the clippers ? | |
[1:11:48] | ? Slipping the clippers ? | |
[1:11:49] | ? Through the telephone wires! ? | |
[1:11:53] | ? Intruder come and leave his mark ? | |
[1:12:02] | ? Leave his mark ? | |
[1:12:07] | ? Leave his mark ? | |
[1:12:16] | ? I like to feel the suspense ? | |
[1:12:20] | ? When I’m certain That you know I am there ? | |
[1:12:27] | ? I like ? | |
[1:12:29] | ? You lying awake ? | |
[1:12:32] | ? Your bated breath charging the air ? | |
[1:12:39] | ? I like ? | |
[1:12:41] | ? The touch and the smell ? | |
[1:12:44] | ? Of all the pretty dresses you wear ? | |
[1:12:52] | ? Intruder’s happy in the dark! ? |