时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:44] | 400 years after the last king was driven from the city, | 自最后一个国王被赶出罗马城的四百年后 |
[01:49] | the republic of Rome rules many nations, | 罗马共和国统治着许多民族 |
[01:52] | but cannot rule itself. | 但自己却内患重重 |
[01:54] | The city is constantly roiled by conflict | 罗马城内,普通民众 |
[01:58] | between the common people and the nobility. | 和贵族之间纷争不断 |
[02:01] | Power is shared and order maintained | 两位军人,两位老友 |
[02:05] | by two soldiers- old friends– | 分享着统治权,共同维持着国家的秩序 |
[02:07] | Gnaeus Pompey Magnus and Gaius Julius Caesar. | 他们就是…格涅乌斯·庞贝·麦格纳斯和盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒 |
[02:11] | Once, Pompey was acknowledged by all to be the greater man, | 曾经,庞贝被公认为更有王者风范 |
[02:15] | but for the last eight years, while Pompey has kept the peace in Rome, | 在过去的八年里,庞贝一直维护着罗马的安定和平 |
[02:20] | Caesar has waged a war of conquest in Gaul | 但与此同时,恺撒则发动了征服高卢的战争 |
[02:23] | that has made him ever more rich and popular. | 这场战争让他拥有了更多的财富和人心 |
[02:26] | The balance of power is shifting, | 权力的天平正渐倾斜 |
[02:28] | and the nobility have grown fearful. | 贵族们也渐人心惶惶 |
[02:31] | Though of noble blood himself, | 虽然出生贵族血统 |
[02:33] | Caesar stands with the common people. | 但恺撒却平易近人 |
[02:35] | A man like that- an aristocrat with soldiers, money | 一个这样的人…兵权在握,金钱在手 |
[02:40] | and the love of the people- might make himself king. | 又深受人民爱戴的贵族…或许就将成就帝王之业 |
[03:46] | Pullo, formation! | 波罗,入阵! |
[03:49] | Pullo! | 波罗! |
[03:50] | Single formation! | 一字阵! |
[03:55] | Shields on me! | 盾牌掩护! |
[04:12] | Get back in formation, you drunken fool. | 回到阵队里面去,你个酒鬼蠢货! |
[04:23] | Reform! | 整队! |
[04:27] | Legionary Titus Pullo is a hero of the 13th legion, | 兵团士兵泰特斯·波罗,他是第13兵团的英雄 |
[04:31] | but look at him now. | 但看看他现在这个样子 |
[04:33] | Justice knows every man’s number. | 法律面前人人平等 |
[04:36] | He has committed a terrible sacrilege, | 他犯下了严重的渎圣的罪行 |
[04:39] | and he will pay for it with his life! | 就将用他的性命来偿还! |
[04:42] | As will any man here who breaks the law. | 这里的任何人犯了法,也都会象他这样 |
[04:47] | Brawlers and drunkards will be flogged. | 斗殴者和醉酒者将被施以鞭刑 |
[04:50] | Thieves will be strangled. | 盗窃者将被施以绞刑 |
[04:53] | Deserters will be crucified. | 叛逃者将在十字架上被钉死 |
[05:05] | Is that it? | 这就完了? |
[05:07] | I was just beginning to enjoy myself. | 我才刚开始享受呢 |
[05:23] | Before you… | 在你面前是… |
[05:25] | vercingetorix, son of Celtil, | 凯而特人的儿子韦辛格托里克斯 |
[05:28] | chieftain of the tribe of the Arverni, | 他是阿尔文尼部族的首领 |
[05:31] | commander of the rebel stronghold of Elysia, | 是依莱西亚要塞反抗者的总指挥 |
[05:35] | king of all the Gauls. | 高卢人的君王 |
[05:38] | What would you have of him? | 你要怎么处治他? |
[06:00] | Caesar! | 恺撒! |
[06:04] | Caesar! | 恺撒! |
[06:07] | Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! | 恺撒!恺撒!恺撒! |
[06:27] | Hey! | |
[06:30] | Hey, what’s going on? | 嘿,外面发生了什么事? |
[06:32] | Hey- here! | 嘿,我叫你呢! |
[06:37] | You piss-drinking sons of circus whores! | 你个臭婊子养的 |
[06:40] | The chief of the Gauls has surrendered to Caesar. | 高卢人的首领向恺撒投降了 |
[06:43] | The war is over. | 战争结束了 |
[06:46] | Don’t say that. | 别跟我说这个 |
[06:48] | The boys have been given two days liberty | 这些士兵们有两天的自由时间 |
[06:50] | to sack the town and take personal spoils. | 洗劫城里的东西,据为己有 |
[06:53] | They’ll all be rich. | 他们都发财了 |
[06:56] | And me in here! | 而我却被关在这里 |
[07:03] | Come on, get in there! | 过来,给我进去! |
[07:07] | 400 denarii? Are you insane? | 400便士?你疯了吗? |
[07:10] | That’s a floor price. | 这只是底价 |
[07:11] | We’ll pay the usual premium for tradesmen and fertile women, et cetera. | 工匠,能生孩子的女人等等,这些我们还是会按老价钱付 |
[07:16] | From Pompey Magnus, sir. | 庞贝·麦格纳斯的来信 |
[07:18] | Set the floor closer to eight. | 把起价定在800便士左右吧 |
[07:25] | “My dear friend and partner, Gaius, | “我亲爱的朋友和伙伴,盖乌斯 |
[07:28] | I have terrible news.” | 我给你带来了一个可怕的消息” |
[07:30] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[07:33] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[07:35] | I forgive you. I forgive you. | 我原谅你,我原谅你 |
[07:40] | Be good to my slaves. I will. | 对我的奴隶好点 我会的 |
[07:43] | And to my father. | 还有我的父亲 |
[07:45] | I will. | 我会的 |
[07:53] | Kiss me. | 吻我 |
[08:03] | Your hair. | 你的头发 |
[08:06] | Funny. | 真有趣 |
[08:27] | This isn’t miserable Eastern peasantry. | 这些人不是东部穷苦的农民 |
[08:29] | This is the creme of the Gallic nations. | 这些可是高卢国的贵族 |
[08:31] | A glut on the market. You won’t be able to give them away. | 等市场上这样的货色多了你就卖不出去 |
[08:34] | Seven, and be done with it. On delivery to Masilia? | 700便士,不要讨价还价了 还送货到马赛去吗? |
[08:36] | Oh, please! Agreed. See to the details. | 哦,你想得也太美了! 同意,你去负责细节 |
[08:41] | I hope you got a decent price off those parasites. | 希望你把那些寄生虫卖了个好价钱 |
[08:47] | Good enough. | 够不错了 |
[08:52] | News from Rome? | 有从罗马来的消息? |
[08:56] | Pompey writes. | 庞贝写信来了 |
[08:58] | My daughter Julia has died in childbirth. | 我女儿朱莉亚死于难产 |
[09:16] | I grieve with you. | 我和你一起默哀 |
[09:22] | The child? | 孩子呢? |
[09:24] | Agirl–stillborn. | 是个女孩,保住了 |
[09:37] | Pompey will be needing a new wife. | 庞贝需要一位新夫人了 |
[09:41] | Caesar! Caesar! Caesar! | |
[09:50] | More of Caesar’s spoils from Gaul. | 恺撒又运来了更多的从高卢得到的战利品 |
[09:58] | Caesar! Caesar! | 恺撒!恺撒! |
[10:27] | What a dreadful noise plebs make when they’re happy. | 老百姓高兴的时候搞出来的这些噪音是多可怕啊! |
[10:30] | This is music. | 这可是天籁之音 |
[10:33] | Wait until Caesar starts them howling for our blood. | 等到恺撒煽动这些平民诛杀我们,他们嚎叫着要我喝我们的血的声音 |
[10:37] | Then you’ll hear something dreadful. | 才会让你觉得真的可怕呢 |
[11:27] | Afine reward isoffered | 凡是把女奴找回来的人 |
[11:30] | for the return of a slavewoman, | 都将给予重金酬谢 |
[11:32] | stolen or absconded from the house of Marius Dolabella. | 不论这些女奴是被人从马略·多拉倍拉家偷走的还是自己潜逃的 |
[11:38] | Under the protection of Pompey Magnus | 在庞贝·麦格纳斯和优利乌斯·恺撒的护卫下 |
[11:41] | and Julius Caesar, Senate sits tomorrow. | 元老院明天会开会 |
[11:45] | Be aware! | 请大家注意了! |
[11:47] | No disorder will be tolerated. | 不允许有任何违反秩序的行为 |
[12:32] | That was lovely, Timon. | 好极了,泰门 |
[12:35] | Two stallions have come to Rome today. | 今天两匹种马被送到罗马来了 |
[12:40] | Of course, | 当然 |
[12:41] | how childish of me. | 我太天真了 |
[12:43] | You want the horse. I do. | 你想要马 是的 |
[12:47] | But don’t be sullen now. | 但你也别不高兴 |
[12:48] | This was not a hardship for me. | 我又没说和你做爱是件坏事 |
[12:50] | I’ve always found something perversely erotic | 我总是发觉象你这样的 |
[12:53] | about goaty little men. | 好色小男人身上有些东西很诱人 |
[13:04] | Do please don’t lurk, Octavian. Come in. | 别躲在那里,屋大维,进来 |
[13:11] | Don’t be a goose. Come in. | 别像个呆子一样,过来 |
[13:26] | I’ve bought a horse. | 我买了一匹马 |
[13:29] | Have you? | 是吗? |
[13:30] | The best horse in Rome by all accounts. | 据说是罗马最好的马 |
[13:34] | I’m very happy for you. | 我替你高兴 |
[13:36] | It’s a gift for your great-uncle. | 这是给你舅公的礼物 |
[13:38] | I want you to take the animal to Gaul | 我想要你把它送到高卢去 |
[13:40] | and give it to him in person. | 亲自交给你舅公 |
[13:44] | Why? Well, when he’s back in Rome, | 为什么? 因为等他回到罗马 |
[13:46] | everyone will be giving him gifts. We must be first. | 每个人都会争着给他送礼,所以我们必须作第一个 |
[13:50] | I doubt he will return to Rome anytime soon. | 我想他短时间内不会回罗马的 |
[13:52] | The Senate’s hostility will prevent him. | 元老院对他颇有敌意 |
[13:54] | Legally speaking, it is not- Please don’t start speaking legally. | 从法律上说,这不是… 哦,别跟我说什么法律 |
[13:57] | You know how it bores me. It’s a long way to Gaul. | 你知道我有多烦它 去高卢,路很远啊 |
[14:00] | Exactly. While yet a mere boy, | 正是,你不过是个小男孩 |
[14:02] | you would risk your life to honor your beloved great-uncle. | 可你敢于冒着生命危险去给你敬爱的舅公献礼 |
[14:05] | You ride into Caesar’s camp alone, on a noble white stallion. | 你能独自一人骑着那高贵的白马去到恺撒的营地 |
[14:09] | That’s a gift he won’t soon forget. | 这样的礼物,他可不会轻易忘记 |
[14:11] | Alone? Well, you’ll have plenty of slaves. | 独自一人? 是啊,会有很多奴隶跟着你 |
[14:13] | You’ll be perfectly safe. | 你会很安全的 |
[14:17] | And you’ll make your mamma very proud and happy. | 而且你也会让你的妈妈十分骄傲和开心 |
[14:28] | Cato, the Senate hears you. | 卡托,元老院听你发言 |
[14:31] | Pompey Magnus… | 庞贝·麦格纳斯… |
[14:33] | I have a question concerning your friend and co-consul– | 我有个问题关于你的朋友,你的共同执政官… |
[14:37] | the darling of venus, Gaius Julius Caesar. | 维纳斯的爱人盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒 |
[14:41] | Why does his chair remain empty? | 他的座位为什么仍然是空着的? |
[14:43] | Why does he not come home? His illegal war is over. | 他为什么还不返回罗马来?他的非法战争已经结束了 |
[14:48] | Gaul is long since on it’s knees. | 高卢人早就下跪投降了 |
[14:51] | Why does Caesar keep his brave soldiers | 恺撒为什么还不让他英勇的将士们 |
[14:54] | from their families and friends? | 与他们的家人和朋友团聚 |
[15:01] | For eight long years, | 在长达八年的时间里 |
[15:03] | he has gorged himself like a wolf | 他就像一匹狼一样 |
[15:05] | on the blood of Gaul, | 饱食着高卢人的血肉 |
[15:07] | and thereby made himself monstrously rich. | 也由此变得富可敌国 |
[15:10] | Why? Sit down! | 为什么? 坐下! |
[15:12] | Why does he ply the mob with races and fights and gaudy feasts? | 为什么他出钱给那些暴民搞比赛和角斗,还给他们开筵席? |
[15:16] | Why has he paid the debts | 为什么他帮这个元老院里的 |
[15:19] | of every reprobate fool in this Senate house? | 每个无耻之徒偿还他们的债务? |
[15:24] | Why?! | 为什么? |
[15:28] | I’ll tell you why he does these things. | 让我来告诉你们为什么他做这些事情 |
[15:31] | He wants to buy himself a crown. | 是想给他自己买皇冠 |
[15:34] | He wants to destroy the Republic | 他想破坏共和 |
[15:36] | and rule Rome as a bloody tyrant! | 然后统治罗马,作个血腥独裁者! |
[15:39] | That’s why! | 这就是原因! |
[15:46] | Therefore, I move… | 因此,我提议… |
[15:49] | that Caesar’s governorship in Gaul be terminated immediately, | 立即终止恺撒在高卢的行政权 |
[15:53] | that his armies be disbanded | 解散他的军队 |
[15:55] | and that he be recalled to Rome to answer charges | 召他回罗马来等候制裁 |
[15:57] | of illegal warfare, | 要指控他发动非法战争 |
[15:59] | theft, bribery and treason! | 偷窃,行贿,和叛国罪! |
[16:14] | very good, Cato. | 很精彩,卡托 |
[16:16] | Full of vim and verve, as usual. | 你还是一如既往充满活力和热情啊 |
[16:19] | Caesar… | 恺撒… |
[16:22] | has been generous to the people | 对广大民众一直非常慷慨 |
[16:24] | because he loves the people as I do. | 因为他像我一样热爱这些人民 |
[16:29] | It is the people that rule, not you fine nobleman. | 这个国家是由人民自己当家作主的,而不是你们这些高级的贵族 |
[16:34] | It is Pompey’s soldiers that rule, | 是庞贝的军队在作主 |
[16:36] | not we fine nobleman. | 不是我们这些高级的贵族 |
[16:38] | I’m going to save us all hours of useless clamor | 我来为大家节省点时间,不用再无谓地争吵 |
[16:42] | and use my consular veto on your motion. | 我用我的执政官否决权,否决你的提议 |
[16:45] | Yes! I do not– | 好 我不… |
[16:48] | I do not- Silence! | 我不… 静一静! |
[16:53] | Are we children? Let the consul speak. | 我们不是小孩,让执政官把话说完 |
[16:56] | Thank you, Cicero. | 谢谢你,西赛罗 |
[16:58] | I do not- However… | 我不… 可是… |
[17:00] | if I might say a few words before you continue. | 在你继续之前请允许我先说两句 |
[17:06] | When confronted by a hungry wolf, | 当你面对一只饿狼的时候 |
[17:09] | it is unwise to goad the beast, | 去刺激这头野兽是很不明智的 |
[17:11] | as Cato would have us do. | 如果照卡托说的做,就是去刺激它 |
[17:13] | But it is equally unwise | 但是同样不明智的 |
[17:17] | to imagine the snarling animal | 是把这只咆哮的野兽看成 |
[17:19] | a friend and offer your hand | 是朋友而伸出援手 |
[17:22] | as Pompey does. | 就好像庞贝这样 |
[17:23] | Perhaps you would have us climb a tree. | 那你是不是要建议我们爬到树上去啊 |
[17:31] | Caesar is my brother by sacred oath. | 恺撒是我发圣誓结义的兄弟 |
[17:34] | I know his heart. He is my friend | 我清楚他的心意,他是我的朋友 |
[17:38] | and a faithful son of the Republic. | 也是共和国忠实的儿子 |
[17:41] | And until anyone proves that he is not, | 除非有人有证据说他不是 |
[17:43] | I will never betray him. | 否则我永远不会背叛他 |
[18:10] | Pompey Magnus, my dear fellow, you’re well met. | 庞贝·麦格纳斯,我亲爱的朋友,见到你真高兴 |
[18:14] | Scipio, Cato. | 西比乌,卡托 |
[18:16] | I would not take you for lovers of the mime. | 我想你们不是笑剧的爱好者吧 |
[18:18] | You know my daughter, Cornelia. | 介绍我女儿给你认识,科妮莉娅 |
[18:22] | Widow of noble Publius who died at Carrhae. | 贵族普布利乌斯的遗孀,他战死在卡雷了 |
[18:25] | Cornelia, your husband was a fine Roman. | 科妮莉娅,你丈夫是个杰出的罗马战士 |
[18:29] | I thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:32] | Father, my presence is not appropriate. | 父亲,我不应该在这样的场合出现 |
[18:35] | There’s a lewd woman on the stage. | 舞台上有个淫荡的女人 |
[18:38] | I had no notion. | 我没注意 |
[18:40] | We will not linger then. | 那我们就不久留了 |
[18:42] | Pompey, a pleasant good night. | 庞贝,祝你有个愉快的夜晚 |
[18:48] | If it please you, might we speak alone? | 如果你不介意,我们可以单独谈谈吗? |
[18:55] | Neither we aristocrats alone | 仅仅是靠贵族们 |
[18:57] | nor you and your soldiers alone can crush Caesar. | 或光靠你和你的将士们都不可能打败恺撒 |
[19:00] | Stop there. | 别说了 |
[19:02] | I do not say that you wish to crush Caesar, | 我没说你想搞垮恺撒 |
[19:04] | I only say that if you did wish it, you could not do it alone. | 我就是说,如果你真想的话,你自己一个人干不来 |
[19:07] | I have no need of you noble gentleman. | 我不需要你的贵族 |
[19:10] | I have only to stamp my feet | 只要我一跺脚 |
[19:12] | and legions will spring up all over ltaly! | 我的军团就会崛起,遍布于整个意大利 |
[19:15] | I can squash Caesar like an insect | 把恺撒像只虫子一样地辗死 |
[19:18] | if I wished it so. | 只要我想这样做 |
[19:20] | I do not wish it. | 可是我不想这样 |
[19:23] | Renounce him, Pompey! | 和他断绝关系,庞贝! |
[19:25] | Renounce Caesar! | 罢免恺撒! |
[19:27] | Ally yourself with us and his strength will wither away. | 和我们结盟,他的兵力自然就会减弱了 |
[19:30] | It is you who is the real power. | 你才是真正的掌权者 |
[19:32] | It is you the people truly love. | 你才是人民真正爱戴的人 |
[19:35] | Think you they will still shout Caesar’s name | 你以为当恺撒没有了 |
[19:38] | when he runs out of Gallic trinkets to throw to them? | 高卢的小玩意扔给街上的人的时候,他们还会高呼他的名字吗? |
[19:40] | Think you I care what names are shouted in the streets? | 你以为我会在意街上的人叫谁的名字吗? |
[19:44] | Nothing is more important. | 没有比这个更重要的了 |
[19:49] | You ask me to openly betray a friend. | 你要我公然背叛朋友 |
[19:53] | I cannot do it. | 这个我做不到 |
[19:55] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[20:25] | Oh, silly baby brother. | 噢,我的小傻弟弟 |
[20:31] | Everything will be all right. | 不会有事的 |
[20:39] | Is he not perfect? Proper little soldier. | 他很完美对不对?体面的小战士 |
[20:42] | He’s scared. Nonsense. | 他很害怕 胡说 |
[20:44] | Roman men are never scared. | 罗马男人从来不害怕 |
[20:46] | He’s just sad to be leaving his mamma. | 他就是有点舍不得离开妈妈 |
[20:48] | You’re not scared, are you, Octavian? | 你不是害怕了吧,屋大维? |
[20:50] | Of course you’re not. Time flies. | 你当然不会,很快就到了 |
[20:52] | Give me a kiss, my love. | 亲爱的,给我一个吻 |
[20:57] | Andros… | 安德鲁斯… |
[21:00] | bring him back safe or I’ll use the eyes | 给我把他安全地带回来,不让我就把你小孩的眼珠 |
[21:02] | of your children for beads. | 挖出来当珠子串 |
[21:29] | Lyco, the horse- not too expensive I hope. | 莱科,那匹马…不是很贵吧,我希望 |
[21:34] | I’m sorry, sir, the horse was sold already. | 对不起,先生,那匹马已经卖掉了 |
[21:37] | To Atia of the Julii. Atia? | 卖给优利亚家的阿提娅了 阿提娅? |
[21:39] | She’s sending it to Gaul– | 她把马送到高卢去了… |
[21:41] | a gift for Caesar. | 作为给恺撒的礼物 |
[21:49] | Damn him! | 他真该死! |
[21:51] | Must he have everything? | 他非要什么都抢去吗? |
[21:57] | As you were going to be in Gaul anyway, | 反正也要派你到高卢去 |
[22:00] | I might kill two birds with one stone. | 我不如一石二鸟 |
[23:40] | Let me look at you. | 让我看看你 |
[23:41] | As ugly as ever, I’m afraid. | 还是那么丑,我怕你要这么说吧 |
[23:43] | Not at all. Age suits you, Brutus. | 一点也不,你成熟多了,布鲁图斯 |
[23:45] | How long has it been? | 我们有多久没见了 |
[23:47] | Five years? No, six. | 五年? 不,六年 |
[23:50] | Oh, how clever. | 哈,真有创意啊 |
[23:52] | It’s almost like a proper house. | 这简直就是个像样的房子嘛 |
[23:56] | Oh… | |
[23:58] | I deeply regret your loss. | 我为你的所失深表遗憾 |
[24:02] | Julia and so forth. Horrible business. | 朱莉娅的事情,太可惜了 |
[24:04] | Condolences, really. | 向你哀悼,真的 |
[24:10] | Now tell me, how’s your mother? | 跟我说说,你妈妈怎么样了? |
[24:12] | The same as ever. | 和从前一样 |
[24:14] | She sends her love, demands to know | 她要我向你问好,还要我问你 |
[24:16] | why you haven’t written to her in months. | 为什么你几个月都没给她写信了 |
[24:18] | I can remedy that if you’ll be my courier. | 只要你作我的信使,我补救还来得及吧 |
[24:20] | I have several letters to send. | 我有好几封信要你帮我送 |
[24:23] | If I can ever bring myself to get on another horse. | 只要我有力气坐到马背上去 |
[24:26] | I had no conception that Gaul was so far away. | 来这之前,我不知道高卢居然有这么远 |
[24:28] | Brutus, me old cock… | 布鲁图斯,我的老伙计… |
[24:30] | what on earth are you doing here? | 你到这儿干什么来了? |
[24:32] | Mark Antony, how nice. | 马克·安东尼,你好啊 |
[24:34] | I’ve been visiting my cousin in Narbo. | 我到纳贝看我的堂兄来了 |
[24:36] | Oh? How is that idiot cousin of yours? | 哦?你那个傻子堂兄怎么样了? |
[24:39] | He was- Actually, I’m in a bit of a rush. | 他… 事实上,对不起,我有点急事 |
[24:42] | I need, say, a half talent of gold. | 我需要,大概半塔兰特的黄金 |
[24:45] | Do you? See how he trusts me. | 是吗? 让你看看他有多信任我 |
[24:48] | For the eagle. Of course. Strabo! | 是为鹰旗要的 当然,斯特雷波 |
[24:52] | Give his honor Mark Antony a half talent of gold. | 给马克·安东尼大人半塔兰特的黄金 |
[24:55] | A half talent of gold. And not a penny more. | 半塔兰特的黄金? 一分也不要多给 |
[24:58] | Dominus. | 上帝啊 |
[25:04] | I don’t know how you tolerate that man. | 我不知道你怎么能容忍那个人 |
[25:07] | He likes to fight. | 他就是喜欢斗嘴 |
[25:09] | The way he carries on, one might think he came from no family at all. | 他的举止行为,让人觉得他一点家教都没有 |
[25:12] | He does have a vulgarian streak. I don’t mind it. | 他是有点粗俗的一面,不过我不介意 |
[25:16] | What is this about the eagle? | 那个鹰旗是怎么回事? |
[25:22] | My personal standard was stolen by brigands. | 是我的军队标志被强盗偷去了 |
[25:26] | Abad business. | 很麻烦 |
[25:27] | The legions were already homesick and surly when the eagle was taken, | 军团士兵已经很想家,士气很低沉了 |
[25:31] | now they’re positively mutinous. | 加上鹰旗再被偷走,他们肯定要造反了 |
[25:33] | The men think it’s a sure sign of my doom, | 他们认为这是我厄运的征兆 |
[25:35] | and they’re clamoring like geese for disbandment. | 就像一群鹅一样叫嚷着要解散军队 |
[25:38] | They did not seem so unhappy. | 他们看起来倒不像不高兴的样子 |
[25:41] | Well, they never flaunt their discontent. Gets them whipped. | 他们从来不会表现出不满,不然是会挨鞭子的 |
[25:44] | I tell you, Brutus, | 我告诉你,布鲁图斯 |
[25:46] | I’m at my wits end. | 我已经没有办法了 |
[26:06] | Master Octavian… | 屋大维少爷… |
[26:09] | vasio is only a few more miles. | 离瓦西欧只有几里路了 |
[26:11] | Do not touch me without permission. | 没有我的允许,不许碰我 |
[26:14] | Water. | 给我水 |
[26:55] | Lucius Vorenus. | 卢西尔斯·乌瑞纳斯 |
[27:01] | You have a brain. | 你是个聪明人 |
[27:04] | So the tribunes say. | 那些护民官是这么说的 |
[27:07] | So tell me, if it were you who had to retrieve Caesar’s eagle, | 那么告诉我,如果要你去把恺撒的鹰旗找回来 |
[27:11] | how would you go about it? | 你打算怎么做? |
[27:13] | Uh, I’d take captives from every tribe in Gaul | 我会把从高卢各个部落抓来的俘虏 |
[27:17] | and crucify them one by one | 一个一个地钉在十字架上 |
[27:19] | until someone tells me where the eagle is. | 直到有人说出鹰旗的下落为止 |
[27:21] | Then, I would go in quick and quiet with one or two men | 然后,我就会火速地悄悄派一到两个人 |
[27:24] | and… steal it back. | 然后…去把它偷回来 |
[27:26] | Good. We are of one mind. | 好,我们想到一起去了 |
[27:29] | Do it. Do it, sir? | 照做 照做,长官? |
[27:32] | Well, I believe there’s a torture detachment with the third, | 我记得第三军团有个分队专门负责拷问俘虏 |
[27:34] | but you may choose your own men if you wish. | 但你也可以选自己的人去做,只要你愿意 |
[27:44] | There’s a quarter talent there, for bribes and such. | 这里是四分之一塔兰特的黄金,给你作行贿之类的事情用 |
[27:47] | Spend it wisely. Sir. | 好好利用 是,长官 |
[28:04] | No! Please let me down! | 不!请把我放下来! |
[28:06] | Let me down! | 让我下来! |
[28:13] | Let me down! I know- I know where the eagle is. | 放我下来,我知道…我知道鹰旗的下落 |
[28:16] | Speak. The Blue Spaniards, | 说 是那些蓝色的西班牙人偷去的 |
[28:18] | they came to stay for one night… | 他们来呆了一晚上… |
[28:21] | and then rode to the Cadurci lands. | 然后就骑马朝卡达西去了 |
[28:24] | Please! Please please. Let me down. | 求求你!求求你!放我下来! |
[28:27] | Cadurci. | 卡达西 |
[28:30] | Fortune pisses on me. | 我真是倒霉透了 |
[28:33] | Please let me down! Take them down. | 请让我下来! 放他们下来 |
[28:39] | Forculus, | 门神,佛克琉斯 |
[28:41] | if you be the right god for the business here, | 如果你在天有灵的话 |
[28:43] | I call on you to help me. | 我乞求你帮助我 |
[28:45] | If you will open this door, | 如果你能打开这扇门 |
[28:47] | then I will kill for you a fine white lamb, | 我就杀一头白色的羊羔祭奉你 |
[28:50] | or, failing that, if I couldn’t get a good one at a decent price, | 或者,要是我买不到便宜的羊 |
[28:53] | then six pigeons. | 我就杀六只乳鸽给你 |
[28:55] | This, Forculus, I vow to you. | 门神佛克琉斯,我向你发誓 |
[28:57] | Legionary Titus Pullo, stand up. | 兵团士兵泰特斯·波罗,起立 |
[29:07] | What’s he doing here? You are to be released | 他来这干什么? |
[29:08] | to the command of Second Spear Centurion Lucius vorenus. | 你被释放了 |
[29:10] | 这是第二箭枪队百夫长卢西尔斯·乌瑞纳斯的旨意 | |
[29:12] | Do your duty to his satisfaction, and you’ll be spared damnation in the arena. | 按照他说的去做,只要你让他满意,就可以饶你不用去角斗场上被人打死 |
[29:16] | I won’t even stand next to this short-assed shit, | 我连站在这个臭狗屎矮子旁边都不乐意,更别说帮他做事了 |
[29:19] | Ieave alone serve under him. I’ll stay here, thanks very much. | 我还是呆在这吧,谢谢你了 |
[29:21] | These orders come direct from his Excellency Mark Antony himself. | 这命令是直接来自于马克·安东尼阁下的 |
[29:23] | You are to retrieve Caesar’s eagle. | 要你去找回恺撒的鹰旗 |
[29:27] | Me, retrieve Caesar’s eagle? | 要我,去找回恺撒的鹰旗? |
[29:40] | Brutus? Mamma! | 布鲁图斯 妈妈! |
[29:45] | You can’t imagine how good it is to be home. | 你不知道回到家的感觉有多好 |
[29:49] | You’re as brown as a bean. | 你晒得跟豆子一样黑了 |
[29:50] | It makes me look quite soldierly though. | 不过这让我看起来英气风发 |
[29:53] | It does, it does. | 是啊,是啊 |
[29:56] | How is cousin Marcellus? Tedious but healthy. | 你堂兄马赛琉斯好不好? 他很枯燥乏味,不过身体还不错 |
[29:59] | And Caesar? Who? | 恺撒呢? 谁? |
[30:01] | Don’t be cruel. | 别跟我兜圈子 |
[30:02] | Is he well? Did he ask of me? | 他还好吗?他问起我了吗? |
[30:05] | Did he? I can’t recall. | 他有吗?我记不起来了 |
[30:07] | I think not. | 我想是没有 |
[30:09] | He did write you a letter though. | 不过他倒的确写了封信给你 |
[30:11] | Oh, you beast. | 哦,你这个坏家伙 |
[30:14] | “Dearest Servilia, forgive my long silence. | “最亲爱的赛维莉娅,原谅我长时间没有给你写信 |
[30:17] | These last long months were all blood and iron and mud, | 最近的这几个月里全是血雨腥风,金戈铁马 |
[30:20] | and no time for letters to friends. | 没有时间给朋友写信 |
[30:23] | Be sure that I have been thinking of you with great affection. | 但我的确一直在想念着你,带着深深的情意 |
[30:26] | I long to be together and alone with you.” | 我渴望和你在一起和你独处” |
[30:34] | “Great affection.” | “深深的情意” |
[30:36] | Longs to be alone with you. | 渴望和你独处 |
[30:38] | You think he says such things to his wife? | 你认为他跟他的妻子也这么说吗? |
[30:41] | “Affection”? What’s that? | “情意”?是什么? |
[30:44] | He could not say “love.” | 他不可能说“爱” |
[30:46] | Would you have him pluck a harp? | 你难道还想让他为你弹竖琴吗? |
[30:50] | He’s a soldier, not a poet. | 他是个军人,不是诗人 |
[30:51] | The day dwindles. | 天色渐晚了 |
[30:53] | Our guests will be arriving. | 我们的客人要到了 |
[31:10] | You ride well, almost as well as me. | 你马骑地不错啊,几乎和我差不多好了 |
[31:13] | Pullo, you will address me correctly. | 波罗,注意你对我的称呼 |
[31:15] | Almost as well as me, sir. | 几乎和我差不多好了,长官 |
[31:17] | Me, I’m a natural. My father was a Ubian probably. | 我是天生的,我猜我父亲大概是个努比亚人 |
[31:20] | Where did you learn to ride so nice? | 你从哪儿学的骑术,这么好? |
[31:24] | Please yourself. Only trying to be pleasant. | 你爱说不说吧,我只不过是想气氛融洽点 |
[31:27] | My mother’s people raised horses in Mutina. | 我母亲家那边的人在穆提那养马 |
[31:30] | Mutina, near Reggium? Up round there? | 穆提那,靠近瑞吉姆?在它北边附近? |
[31:32] | Up there. Good country. | 在北边 好地方 |
[31:37] | Listen, sir, thank you, for taking me on this job. | 听着,长官,谢谢你带我来干这个差事 |
[31:40] | A noble way to make amends. Amends? | 这是个很大度道歉的办法 道什么歉? |
[31:43] | For getting me into this cac by calling me names. | 我被关进监狱是拜你所赐啊 |
[31:45] | Think nothing of it. Never. I won’t forget. | 不客气 不,我不会忘记的 |
[31:48] | Titus Pullo never forgets a favor. | 泰图斯·波罗从不忘恩 |
[31:50] | Hah! What you mean, “Hah”? | 哈! 你“哈”是什么意思? |
[31:52] | What do you think our chances are of finding the eagle? | 你觉得我们找到鹰旗的机会有多大? |
[31:55] | 13th never fails, eh? | 13军从不辱命,不是吗? |
[31:57] | Little or no chance. The eagle might be anywhere. | 几乎没有机会,鹰旗可能在任何地方 |
[32:00] | Buried, melted down, sunk to bottom of the sea. | 被焚烧了,熔化了或者是被沉到海底了 |
[32:03] | We are hunting a black dog in the night. | 我们等于是在黑夜里追踪一只黑狗 |
[32:05] | And not finding the eagle is much the same as losing it. | 然而找不到鹰旗和把鹰旗搞丢了差不多是同罪的 |
[32:07] | We will be disgraced. Now, I chose you | 我们会颜面尽失的,所以,我选择你 |
[32:09] | because you are disgraced already and condemned to die. | 你因为你已经够丢脸了,而且你有死罪在身 |
[32:12] | So you weren’t making amends at all, then? | 那么是说你根本就不是在赔礼道歉喽? |
[32:14] | Pullo, in effect, you’re dead already. | 波罗,事实上你已经是死路一条了 |
[32:17] | The loss of one drunken fool does little damage to the legion. | 死一个酒鬼蠢货对军团来说根本不算是损失 |
[32:21] | If I’m dead already then, sir, | 如果我已经死路一条了,长官 |
[32:23] | you should take care how you speak to me. | 你得要注意跟我说话的语气 |
[32:25] | If I’ve got nothing to lose, | 如果我已经一无所有了 |
[32:27] | what’s to stop me cutting you into little gobs | 那又有什么能阻止我把你剁成肉酱 |
[32:29] | and riding off, eh? | 然后骑马而去的呢? |
[32:32] | What’s to stop me, sir? | 有什么能阻止我的,长官? |
[32:34] | Well, if your honor as a soldier of the 1 3th isn’t enough, | 要是作为一个第13军团的战士的荣誉感还不足以阻止你的话 |
[32:37] | then I’ll have to rely on my superior fighting skills. | 那么我就要靠自己高超的博斗技巧了 |
[32:39] | Superior fighting skills? Mmm. | 高超的博斗技巧? 嗯 |
[32:42] | very good. | 很好 |
[32:46] | And of course, you have to imagine long hair down to here, | 当然,你们还要想象一下,这么长的头发 |
[32:49] | huge moustaches, the most horrific stench. | 浓密的胡须,最让人恶心的臭味 |
[32:52] | They eat only raw meat and never wash. | 他们只吃生肉,而且从不洗澡 |
[32:54] | Oh, they do have one admirable custom. | 哦,他们的确有个令人钦佩的风俗 |
[32:56] | They settle their political disputes | 他们解决政治争端的方法 |
[32:58] | by single combat to the death. | 是靠一场生死格斗 |
[33:01] | Excellent idea. lsn’t it? | 绝妙的办法 不是吗? |
[33:04] | Mother is always nagging me to attend politics. | 妈妈总是唠叨要我参与政治 |
[33:07] | Well, it’s been our family’s tradition | 这是我们家族的传统 |
[33:09] | and duty for… | 还有责任… |
[33:11] | 500 years. | 五百年了 |
[33:12] | It is such dreadfully dull stuff. | 都是些枯燥的可怕的东西 |
[33:14] | Now you see, if our Senate conducted business in the German style, | 你看,如果我们的元老院也按日耳曼风格来办事 |
[33:17] | I should certainly go and watch. | 那我就肯定会去看的 |
[33:19] | Yeah, no tedious lawsuits and endless debates, | 是啊,没有冗长的诉讼和无止境的争辩 |
[33:21] | just swords, daggers– | 只有剑和匕首… |
[33:23] | much more entertaining. Brutus, a word. | 那就有趣多了 布鲁图斯,过来说句话 |
[33:27] | Tell me, you are a good judge. | 告诉我,你是个好裁判 |
[33:32] | How is my dear friend Caesar? | 我亲爱的朋友恺撒如何? |
[33:36] | Well, he is– | 呃,他… |
[33:38] | he’s been better, I think. | 他还不错,我觉得 |
[33:42] | very- very weary, to be honest. | 很…很疲倦,老实说 |
[33:45] | A little demoralized. Caesar demoralized? | 有点意志消沉 恺撒,意志消沉? |
[33:47] | Never. His standard was stolen. | 绝不会 他的军旗被偷了 |
[33:49] | How did he let a foolish thing like that happen? | 他怎么会让这样的蠢事发生? |
[33:51] | I don’t know, but his manner and uproar about it– | 我不知道,但他对这件事的态度还有这件事引起来的骚动… |
[33:54] | you know how plebeians can be about such things– | 你知道那些庶民们对这样的事会有什么样的反应… |
[33:57] | desperate to come home, mutinous. | 不顾一切地想回家,都很想造反了 |
[34:00] | I have heard there was some discontent, | 我听说了那里有些不满情绪 |
[34:03] | but mutinous? Hard to believe. | 但造反?难以置信 |
[34:05] | Can you imagine? | 你可以想象嘛 |
[34:07] | After all he has done for them, | 毕竟,他这样对他的将士 |
[34:10] | he is not sure whether they will– | 他也不敢肯定他们会不会… |
[34:12] | will fight for him anymore. | 再继续替他卖命打仗了 |
[34:14] | And the lower classes have a very very crude sense of loyalty. | 而且这些下等阶层的人也没有什么所谓忠心耿耿的意识 |
[34:19] | No offense. Eh? | 我无冒犯之意 啊? |
[34:21] | I don’t mean you. You are lower class, | 我不是说你,你也是来自下层社会的人 |
[34:24] | but that is to say, the lower class in general, however. | 不过,我是说下等阶层的人,一般而言 |
[34:26] | A very crude sense of loyalty. | 都没有什么忠心的意识 |
[34:30] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[34:33] | “My dear niece, | “我亲爱的侄女 |
[34:35] | I hope you and the children are well. | 我希望你和孩子们都过地好 |
[34:37] | I have a task for you. | 我有个任务给你 |
[34:38] | Policy dictates I give a new wife to Pompey, | 政策上我应该给庞贝找位新夫人 |
[34:41] | but I have been gone too long to know who among the females | 但我走了太久,所以不知道 |
[34:44] | of our family would be suitable. | 我们家族里的女性,哪个合适 |
[34:46] | I would ask Calpurnia, but though an excellent wife, | 我可以去问卡尔普蕊娜,尽管她是个出色的妻子 |
[34:48] | she has no eye for this kind of business. | 可是办这样的事,她却没什么眼力 |
[34:51] | Do me the favor of selecting whichever girl | 帮我个忙,挑选任何一个 |
[34:54] | you think most likely to please | 只要是你认为最能取悦庞贝的人 |
[34:55] | and offer her to him in my name.” | 然后以我的名义把她送给他” |
[35:01] | Excuse me, I was far away. | 哦,对不起,我想事情想得出神了 |
[35:04] | Caesar has no bad news for you, I hope. | 我希望,恺撒没带给你什么坏消息吧 |
[35:06] | No, not at all. Not at all. | 不,一点也没有,一点也没有 |
[35:08] | What a lovely party. Thank you. | 多美好的宴会啊 谢谢你 |
[35:10] | Not as lovely as you look in that dress. | 还是不及你穿着这条裙子那么美好 |
[35:13] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[35:15] | And Octavia- beautiful. | 还有奥克塔维娅…真漂亮 |
[35:19] | Well, I try. | 这是我的努力的结果 |
[35:21] | She will insist on slouching. | 她自己总是很懒散,不修边幅的 |
[35:25] | Where’s Octavian? | 屋大维呢? |
[35:27] | He’s in Gaul. Oh. | 他去高卢了 |
[36:47] | Great Mother says no harm shall come to your boy. | 圣母说你的儿子不会有危险的 |
[36:51] | Good. | 那就好 |
[36:56] | Tell me now, how goes your marriage? | 跟我说说,你的婚姻如何? |
[36:59] | Glabius is a good man. | 格雷毕斯是个好男人 |
[37:01] | You surprise me. I always thought there were difficulties between you. | 你这么说我很惊讶,我一直以为你们俩之间有问题呢 |
[37:05] | Must you always have a needle in hand? | 你一定总要这样一针见血吗? |
[37:07] | I was only asking. Excuse my curiosity. | 我只不过是问问,原谅我的好奇 |
[37:09] | There was some difficulties in the past, | 过去是有些困难 |
[37:11] | but we overcame them. | 但是我们已经克服了 |
[37:13] | We love each other very much. | 我们很相爱 |
[37:15] | Well, that’s a shame. Now I feel bad. | 哦,真遗憾,现在我觉得不安了 |
[37:17] | I thought you’d be overjoyed. | 我原以为你会很高兴的 |
[37:20] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思? |
[37:23] | Uncle Julius intends to marry you | 舅公优利乌斯打算把你嫁给 |
[37:26] | to Pompey Magnus. | 庞贝·麦格纳斯 |
[37:30] | Uncle Julius intends- Pompey is a touch low in manner, | 舅公优利乌斯打算… 我知道庞贝的品位是有点低 |
[37:33] | but I’m told he’s a perfectly adequate lover. | 但我听人说,他是个完美无缺的爱人 |
[37:36] | And you shall be the first woman in Rome. | 而且你就是罗马的第一夫人了 |
[37:40] | We shall have to get you divorced from Glabius, obviously. | 明摆着,我们得让你和格雷毕斯离婚 |
[37:42] | Quick as poss. | 越快越好 |
[37:44] | I will not do it. I love my husband. | 我不会这么做的 |
[37:46] | If you do not divorce Glabius willingly, | 我爱我的丈夫 |
[37:47] | 如果你不心甘情愿地和格雷毕斯离婚 | |
[37:50] | then Caesar will ask Glabius to divorce you. | 那么恺撒就会要格雷毕斯和你离婚 |
[37:52] | And Glabius will refuse. Doubtless, and then he’ll be killed. | 格雷毕斯会拒绝的 当然,但他就会被杀死 |
[37:55] | And does anybody want that to happen? | 有人会愿意这样的事发生吗? |
[37:58] | Caesar would not do that. | 恺撒不会这么做的 |
[38:00] | The man’s been in Gaul for eight years. | 那个男人在高卢呆了八年了 |
[38:04] | He’s practically a wild beast. | 他就是一头凶残的野兽 |
[38:20] | The man has tears in his eyes. | 那个男人眼中含着泪 |
[38:22] | Tears. | 眼泪 |
[38:24] | He loves me. | 他爱我 |
[38:26] | A womanish husband is no use to anyone. | 一个娘娘腔的丈夫有什么用 |
[38:29] | And your servants! What a fuss! | 还有你的那些仆人!有什么好大惊小怪的! |
[38:31] | I think you feed them too much. | 我看你把他们喂的太好了 |
[38:35] | A little more arsenic, I think, Gaia. | 我看再多上点砒霜,盖娅 |
[38:38] | Try to look a little more cheerful, Octavia. | 高兴点,奥克塔维娅 |
[38:42] | It’s for the good of the family. I don’t care. | 这是为了我们家庭的利益 我不在乎 |
[38:44] | You and I and your brother are alone in the world. | 你和我,还有你弟弟在这个世界上相依为命 |
[38:47] | We have to be strong. We are not alone. | 我们要坚强 不是只有我们三个 |
[38:49] | Caesar is- Caesar is in Gaul. | 恺撒是… 恺撒在高卢 |
[38:51] | Pompey is here. | 庞贝在这里 |
[38:55] | Courage, my love. | 勇敢点,我亲爱的 |
[39:04] | The Parthian were threatening my left flank. | 帕提亚人威胁着我的左侧 |
[39:08] | And so, rather than shorten the line | 如此一来,我并没有按照惯例 |
[39:11] | as would be conventional, | 缩短战线 |
[39:13] | I sent in my cavalry reserve and outflanked the flankers. | 而是把我的后备骑兵送到翼侧反而包围了在我左侧的部队 |
[39:21] | Bravo, Magnus. Masterly. | 好极了,麦格纳斯,真精彩 |
[39:24] | Is he not, Octavia, masterly? | 他是不是很棒,奥克塔维娅? |
[39:29] | Masterly. | 很棒 |
[39:30] | Magnus, tell me something, and be honest. | 麦格纳斯,告诉我,说实话 |
[39:33] | Does my daughter please you? | 你喜欢我的女儿吗? |
[39:34] | very pleasing, no doubt. | 非常喜欢,毋须置疑 |
[39:36] | Then I can tell you that Caesar, | 那么我告诉你,恺撒 |
[39:39] | as a token of his abiding friendship, | 作为他对你长久友谊的象征 |
[39:41] | would like to offer her to you in marriage. | 愿意把她送给你作妻子 |
[39:45] | Ah.Ahem. | |
[39:50] | She is not married to young Glabius? | 她不是嫁给年轻的格雷毕斯了吗? |
[39:53] | Divorced. | 离婚了 |
[39:57] | Perhaps you need time to think. Excuse me, | 也许你需要时间考虑 不好意思 |
[40:00] | I was taken unawares. | 我没有心理准备 |
[40:03] | How could I refuse such a worthy and dignified bride? | 我怎能拒绝这样一个可敬又高贵的新娘呢? |
[40:07] | Caesar is far too generous. Excellent. | 恺撒太慷慨了 太好了 |
[40:11] | We would have to wait until next month | 我们要等到下个月 |
[40:13] | for an actual ceremony, of course, | 再办一个正式的仪式 |
[40:15] | when Julia’s mourning days are over. | 是要等朱莉娅的丧期过了以后 |
[40:17] | Of course, of course. But you may take | 当然,当然,不过你可以 |
[40:19] | your betrothal privileges any time you wish. | 在任何时候履行丈夫的权利 |
[40:25] | Now, if you like. | 要是你愿意,现在就可以 |
[40:28] | Really, that’s not necessary. Don’t be silly. | 这个就真的不需要了 别傻了 |
[40:31] | Octavia would love to. | 奥克塔维娅会乐意的 |
[40:34] | There’s no need for shyness. | 不用不好意思 |
[40:36] | We’re all family now, after all. | 毕竟,我们现在都是一家人了 |
[41:06] | British women- now, that’s savage cunny. | 英国女人…都是些野蛮的婊子 |
[41:09] | You have to hunt them down like deer. | 你得像猎鹿一样对她们穷追不舍 |
[41:11] | Mind, once you get them under you, | 记住,一旦你把她们搞到手了 |
[41:13] | slack as your best Narbo scortum. | 想怎么马虎她们都行 |
[41:15] | Do you care for nothing but women? | 除了女人你就不能想点别的? |
[41:17] | What else is there? Food, I suppose. | 还有什么?哦,还有吃的? |
[41:19] | You don’t like women? | 你不喜欢女人? |
[41:22] | Of course I do. | 我当然喜欢 |
[41:24] | I’m married to one. | 我结婚了 |
[41:26] | I have a wife, Niobe. I see. Centurions can marry then? | 我妻子叫内奥比 我明白了,百夫长可以结婚? |
[41:29] | I received a special dispensation. | 我有特许 |
[41:31] | A special dispensation? She must be some good… | 特许?那她肯定是个什么不赖的… |
[41:37] | woman. | 女人 |
[41:41] | She is. | 她是 |
[41:44] | Been awhile since you’ve seen her then. | 你有很长时间没见她了吧 |
[41:46] | Seven years, 140 days. | 7年零140天 |
[41:49] | That’s hard. May fortune smile on you. | 挺不容易的,祝你好运 |
[41:53] | Me, I have simpler tastes. | 我,我的要求很简单 |
[41:55] | I like to kill my enemy, take their gold | 我就想杀死我的敌人拿走他们的黄金 |
[41:57] | and enjoy their women. | 享受他们的女人 |
[41:59] | That’s it. Why tie yourself to one? | 就这么简单,为什么要在吊在一棵树上呢? |
[42:02] | Where’s the flavor? Where’s the joy? | 那还有什么滋味?有什么乐子? |
[42:04] | When was the last time you had a woman | 你最近一次和女人睡完觉后 |
[42:06] | who wasn’t crying or wanting payment? | 他们没有哭着嚷着找你要钱,是在什么时候? |
[42:11] | You’re on first watch. Wake me when the moon’s at the zenith. | 你站第一班岗,等月亮当顶的时候叫醒我 |
[42:14] | Right you are, sir. | 遵命,长官 |
[42:26] | Halt! | 站住! |
[42:28] | Halt! | 站住! |
[42:35] | Sons of Dis! | 见他妈的鬼! |
[42:45] | They weren’t such good horses anyway. | 反正那些也不是什么好马 |
[42:47] | My people fought at Zama and Magnesia, | 我手下的士兵曾在扎马和麦格尼西亚作战 |
[42:49] | my father rode with Sulla, and I’m reduced to this– | 我的父亲曾和苏拉同骑,而我却落到这样的境地… |
[42:51] | unhorsed and robbed by children. | 没有马骑,还被几个小鬼给抢了 |
[43:04] | Nice horse. | 好漂亮的马 |
[43:28] | Look here, Mars. Look here, Mars. | 看过来,战神,看过来,战神 |
[43:31] | I am Titus Pullo. These bloody men, my gift to you. | 我是泰图斯·波罗,这些血淋淋的人是我给您的礼物 |
[43:36] | Thank the gods you came. I am extremely grateful to you. | 感谢上帝你的出现,我非常感激你 |
[43:40] | Aye! | |
[43:43] | Listen to me. I order you to release me this instant. | 听着,我命令你马上给我松绑 |
[43:47] | Fine way for a slave to talk. You won’t get far with a mouth on you. | 一个奴隶还敢这样说话啊,凭你这张嘴,你休想活得长 |
[43:50] | I’m no slave. I’m Gaius Octavian of the Julii. | 我不是奴隶,我是优利亚家的盖乌斯·屋大维 |
[43:54] | Great-nephew of Julius Caesar. Gaius who? | 优利乌斯·恺撒的孙外甥 盖乌斯什么? |
[43:56] | I am a Roman citizen of noble birth, | 我是罗马贵族公民 |
[43:59] | and I order you to cut these ropes. | 我命令你割断这些绳子 |
[44:01] | Say please. | 说“请” |
[44:03] | Please. | 请你 |
[44:36] | Be assured you will be amply rewarded | 我保证你们会得到丰厚的酬谢 |
[44:39] | for your services to me. | 作为你们为我效劳的奖赏 |
[44:41] | See how good he talks? | 看到他多会说话啊 |
[44:42] | He’s convincing, I’ll give him that. | 他说的挺像真的,我相信他 |
[44:45] | Caesar will prove who I am. Take me to him. | 恺撒会证明我是谁的,带我去见他 |
[44:47] | We cannot do that as yet. | 现在还不行 |
[44:49] | We have orders. What orders? | 我们有命令在身 什么命令? |
[44:50] | We are to retrieve Caesar’s stolen eagle. | 我们要找回恺撒被盗走的鹰旗 |
[44:52] | Caesar wouldn’t pull a hair for his eagle. | 恺撒才不会在意他的鹰旗呢 |
[44:54] | You’re on a fool’s errand. | 你们干的这是个徒劳的差事 |
[44:55] | If Caesar doesn’t care about the eagle, why did he send us to find it? | 如果恺撒不在意鹰旗,那他为什么派我们去找? |
[44:58] | It would look strange if he made no efforts. | 如果不花一点气力去找,那他就看起来太奇怪了 |
[45:00] | Actually, losing the eagle is useful to Caesar. | 实际上,鹰旗不见了对恺撒是有好处的 |
[45:03] | Why would that be useful to Caesar? | 为什么这对恺撒有好处? |
[45:05] | Because Pompey is no deep philosopher. | 因为庞贝不是个深奥的哲人 |
[45:07] | He will take a symbolic loss for a real weakness. | 他会把这个象征性的损失当作是真实的弱像 |
[45:10] | Explain. | 解释给我听 |
[45:13] | Caesar doesn’t want to strike the first blow against an old friend, | 恺撒不想首先出击对付自己的老友 |
[45:16] | so he wishes to lure Pompey into attacking him first. | 所以他想引诱庞贝先来攻击他 |
[45:19] | Pompey will only do this if he believes Caesar is weak. | 而只有让庞贝相信恺撒变弱了他才会这么做 |
[45:22] | No. They’re as good as brothers, those two. | 不,他们两个好得像亲兄弟一样 |
[45:24] | When Julia died, the last true bond between them was cut. | 朱莉娅死了之后,他们俩之间最后一条真实的纽带就断了 |
[45:28] | Caesar has taken the love of the common people from Pompey, | 恺撒把普通大众的爱戴都从庞贝那里赢了过去 |
[45:31] | and that was his most prized possession. A battle is inevitable. | 这就是他最有价值的财富,战争是不可避免的了 |
[45:47] | Pullo. | 波罗! |
[45:50] | Blue Spaniards! | 蓝色的西班牙人! |
[46:50] | Good morning, Uncle! | 早上好,舅公 |
[46:54] | Octavian? | 屋大维? |
[47:03] | One of Pompey’s men. I misjudged him. | 这是庞贝的人,我错看了他 |
[47:06] | I thought it would take strategy to turn him against me, | 我原以为还要些计谋才能让他反我 |
[47:08] | but he must have turned the moment Julia died. | 他肯定是在朱莉娅死的时候就决心与我为敌了 |
[47:11] | And all the while he was defending you in the Senate. | 亏他这段时间还在元老院维护你 |
[47:13] | He has the cunning of a sardine, poor fool. | 他滑的像条沙丁鱼,可怜的傻瓜 |
[47:18] | The battle begins. | 斗争开始了 |
[47:21] | Abouttime. | 是时候了 |
[47:40] | Porca Juno. | 是波卡·朱诺 |
[47:44] | “Dearest Pompey, | “最亲爱的庞贝 |
[47:46] | I believe the enclosed man belongs to you. | 我想这个是你的人 |
[47:49] | A quick note to tell you I have decided to winter | 事先告诉你,我已决定 |
[47:51] | the 13th Legion closer to home, at Ravenna, | 带13军团驻扎到靠近家乡的拉文纳过冬 |
[47:54] | so I shall soon have the pleasure of paying you homage in person.” | 所以很快我就能当面问候你了” |
[48:02] | 庞贝!庞贝! | |
[48:29] | All of you, this is my new wife, Cornelia. | 各位,这是我的新夫人,科妮莉亚 |
[48:41] | Maybe if you’d summoned a little charm | 如果你能施展一点魅力 |
[48:43] | instead of moping about like some torpid old she-cow, | 而不是像头迟钝的老母牛一样老苦着一张脸 |
[48:46] | this would never have happened. Oh, my dear! | 这种事就不会发生 哦,我的天哪! |
[48:58] | Please, I was only speaking in anger. | 别这样,我只是在说气话 |
[49:02] | Everyone knows it’s a political repudiation on account | 每个人都知道你被拒绝是出于政治上的原因 |
[49:05] | Pompey and Caesar are enemies now. | 庞贝和恺撒现在是敌人了 |
[49:09] | One only has to look at Cornelia. | 看看我的科妮莉娅 |
[49:11] | Poor sad chicken, plucked and boiled. | 她像只可怜的伤心的小鸡,被人拔了毛,煮了 |
[49:15] | Maybe Glabius will take me back. | 也许格雷毕斯还会要我 |
[49:19] | we are well rid of him. | 我们好不容易把他甩掉了 |
[49:22] | We’re going to find you somebody much more worthwhile than Glabius. | 我们要给你找个比格雷毕斯的利用价值大得多的人 |
[49:26] | I’ve been dishonored and shamed before the whole city! | 我已经在全城人面前够丢脸,蒙羞的了 |
[49:29] | Nonsense! | 胡说! |
[49:31] | A girl from a good family can never be dishonored | 一个上等家庭出生的女孩子的好名声 |
[49:33] | by a villainous little pleb like Pompey! | 决不会被一个像庞贝那样的险恶的下等人所玷污 |
[49:35] | No… | 决不… |
[49:37] | it is I who has been made to look foolish. | 整件事在别人眼里看起来像个傻子一样的人,是我! |
[49:41] | It is I who have lost face! I want him dead. | 丢脸的人是我! 我想让他死 |
[49:45] | I want him dead. | 我想他死 |
[49:51] | And that you shall have. | 你的心愿一定会实现的 |
[49:57] | Pompey will eat sand for this. | 庞贝要为此付出代价 |